All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, uh, WTF is Bix talking about here? I don't expect him to answer, based on the nature of his question, but has anyone else heard anything? Some of the fan responses are pretty dark and disturbing, but they're also likely baseless, worthless speculation.

Something is weird and "off" about the whole Kylie Rae situation IMO, but I really hope it isn't as dark as that one fan was suggesting in the Bix Twitter thread. (However, that fan listed off a bunch of unrelated, unconnected rumors and reasons, so I'm not putting much stock into any of that.)

I think MJF will be a star but I also think Luchasaurus could be a big deal. Every time I have seen him so far, he's been impressive & gotten the crowd around him. I don't know how far the tag team thing will carry him but he seems to feel like a big deal by himself so far.

Well, no wonder. Luchasaurus is a big damn dude with insane agility and smooth strikes. Plus his gimmick is awesome. Very easy to like, right? Plus he seems to be a very polite, well-spoken dude.

Jungle Boy could be a big deal too. Great look, agility, can have some of mainstream exposure due to his late father and his (small) role in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

Those two are my AEW favorites and I cannot wish enough good things to them.

So when I check my bank account, it will sometimes mark stuff like "this is a purchase you haven't made before" in case it is some kind of fraud deal. It flagged my purchase of AEW tickets, which made me realize it showed up on my account as "TM- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN". 

16 hours ago, sek69 said:

So when I check my bank account, it will sometimes mark stuff like "this is a purchase you haven't made before" in case it is some kind of fraud deal. It flagged my purchase of AEW tickets, which made me realize it showed up on my account as "TM- BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN". 

I had a purchase of Craig Ferguson tickets pop up as TM *SCOTTY MCCREERY.

23 hours ago, sek69 said:

This is the AEW version of Hulk Hogan get's the bonus money when people buy other wrestlers merchandise. 

23 hours ago, sek69 said:

‘CAUSE TRAMPS LIKE US!

BABY WE ARE THE ELITE!

Sold Out:
Washington Oct.. 2

Boston Oct. 9

Philly Oct. 16

Not Sold Out:

PIttsburgh Oct. 23

Charleston Oct. 30

Charlotte Nov. 6

Baltimore Nov. 9 (Full Gear)

Nashville Nov. 13

Chicago Nov. 27

I don't expect AEW to sell out every show but do we have any idea on if any of these shows that have tickets remaining are near sell outs or are half full? It seems like they were on a roll and momentum just stalled immediately. I was really surprised that Full Gear didn't sell out with the 2 best possible main events they could give fans at this point. 

I think right now it's a waiting game until the TV show starts to build up more interest and stimulate ticket sales. It's all well in good when they run a few major shows in a year, which makes each one must see. Once it becomes a weekly thing it's no longer an event and even the hardest of the hardcore won't keep coming out, or at least enough for constant sellouts, without something new to capture the publics attention. Still, I expect those shows to eventually sell out unless the TV completely fails to attract interest 

Blame the Libarians.

Yeah, what Ricky said. All Out has less buys than All In. Still way impressive overall for a product with no TV in an era where pro-wrestling is cold. But you can't sustain the hype forever, at some point, reality kicks in. People are waiting for the TV now. And really, they don't need to sell out every show to do good. The insane results they got with the first few shows had to end at some point.

37 minutes ago, goodhelmet said:

With the TV, I agree with both of you. With Full Gear, I expected a sellout on par with the other PPVs. 

I'm also a little surprised it didn't sell out fairly quickly - maybe not with the insane demand of All Out, but within a day or two. I guess the holiday weekend travel aspect may have been underrated in the first three sellouts? 

5 hours ago, SirEdger said:

Do we have the numbers for those current ticket sales at the moment? I mean, no, they're not sellouts but they still can be relatively good, right?

The numbers all run together, but at least the majority have been good, ahead of Raw in the markets where WWE has been recently.

I checked Baltimore on Wednesday, its not even close to sold out. I'd chalk that up in part to running Baltimore a month after selling out 15,000 seats in DC and two weeks after selling out 10,000 seats in Philly. It would be tough to then sell out 14,000 seats in a market 45 minutes away from one city and and an hour 15 from the other.

I also think the bloom is off the rose a little bit. If we are being honest, through four shows AEW has put out just as much unwatchable nonsense as they have great wrestling. So it wouldn't surprise me if some people are hesitant to buy tickets without full cards announced. 

How cool is that that they let Riho cut her promo in Japanese with subtitles instead of having her use broken English ? That's what I want to see, just like LU had promos in Spanish. 

MJF on TV is gonna become a big star in no time. The guy in red whom he spit at is Garrett Sakahara, a guy from the DDPY Center, that was pretty cool to see him pop up here.

Hey ! Brackets for a tag team tournament ! That's very un-WCW.

So, is AEW on TNT the official name of the show? If not, it seems absurd not to have a name locked down two weeks before showtime.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

How cool is that that they let Riho cut her promo in Japanese with subtitles instead of having her use broken English ? That's what I want to see, just like LU had promos in Spanish.  

Is this where WWE got the idea for AOP, or did *gasp* WWE beat AEW to the punch on something for once?