Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

40 minutes ago, El-P said:

Hasn't there been subtitles promos already on AEW stuff ? I mean, Lucha Brothers used to cut subtitles promos on IMPACT the whole time they were there, so it's not exactly new either way. So no, WWE did not beat anyone to the punch anyway about that deal. 

I don't watch IMPACT, but was the Lucha Bros. stuff presented as stylishly as the AOP vignettes? For all that WWE does wrong (and it's a lot), it was shocking to see them do this so right. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I don't watch IMPACT, but was the Lucha Bros. stuff presented as stylishly as the AOP vignettes? For all that WWE does wrong (and it's a lot), it was shocking to see them do this so right. 

There is only one thing WWE is consistently great at and that is video packages. It is not shocking to me in the slightest that WWE did such a great job with AOP. This is their bread and butter. I think it was this year's MLK day celebration (may have been last year's) but it was the best video package on the subject I have ever seen. Honestly, instead of films, that is what WWE should branch out into. 

18 minutes ago, C.S. said:

I don't watch any WWE anymore, I'm barely reading the threads here for amusing facts. The Lucha Brothers stuff in IMPACT was indeed quite stylish.
As far as subtitles go, Lucha Underground was doing it in 2015.
Still, I'm glad we get japanese talent allowed to speak japanese.

9 hours ago, SirEdger said:

As long as she's back, I don't even care what happened with her and AEW. She's wrestling again and that's what matters.

I can understand this tact but you should and ultimately will. As I said let this one fully play out. Please trust me.

9 hours ago, El-P said:

I love how we got told she was done for pro-wrestling and all, and there she pops up what, a few weeks later ? Pro-wrestling will never cease to be pro-wrestling. <_<

Her former AEW colleagues believed that was the case too. Tonight she broke down and cried in the ring tonight. Kylie has gone through a lot this Summer. 

I love this new format, with guys just telling stories of the road while sharing room service.

Funny how these "flippy guys" and "freakshow" put a whole lot of thoughts into their stuff. Also, they spent a whole five minutes basically putting Candice LeRae over, which I thought was pretty damn cool. 

Like I said before, loving this format of shooting the shit in hotel rooms and telling stories of the road. Talk about cool look behind the scene and getting another way to connect with these guys. Of course, only the hardcores are gonna do it, but that's the point. Really funny story about the Nzo fight and not so funny story about the Cass incident too.

Joey 

• 2 weeks later...

So they've announced that due to the major positive reaction to Omega vs Janela's hardcore match on AEW Dark a few weeks ago, they will be rematching on Dynamite tonight...

I dig making adjustments based off fan reaction, but we're getting into 2019 WWE territory with "have a big gimmick match for no reason that then leads to a regular rematch"

1 hour ago, Beast said:

So they've announced that due to the major positive reaction to Omega vs Janela's hardcore match on AEW Dark a few weeks ago, they will be rematching on Dynamite tonight...

I dig making adjustments based off fan reaction, but we're getting into 2019 WWE territory with "have a big gimmick match for no reason that then leads to a regular rematch"

Is this a regular match or a hardcore match? Although I am guessing that even if it's the latter, due to being televised and on TV, they probably won't go overboard with the weapons.

I can certainly live without ever seeing that Waldorf dude try to wrestle.

Not sure why they can't just do like a 3 minute package showing highlights of the previous Omega/Janela match and have Omega make some comments on using that match to try to prepare for Mox.  Do we really need to see these guys try to kill themselves again?

So they have changed the "rib on me" match of Janela/Evans?  If so that means I have less to FF over tonight.  Too bad.