Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

I get the impression it was like when Lars had his anxiety attack before he was set to debut on Raw. They had all those big plans with him at Cena supposedly at Mania, and it ended up being too much for him to handle mentally. I think it was the same with Kylie. Clearly they were going to build the women's division with her being the star and it's not the most outlandish thing in the world to suggest it overwhelmed her too.  

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How would Janela know there'd be no addressing his elimination? With how the PPVs are set up and with how the shows seem to rotate the appearances of certain guys on the roster, it would be reasonable to expect it addressed eventually even if it wasn't immediate. Janela should know it is obvious he isn't a cornerstone of AEW. I hope this was written in kayfabe, because it would be totally dumb to react this way so quickly.

1 hour ago, goodhelmet said:

I'm ok with it if he never shows up on tv again. 

This.

Janela just gave an interview to WrestlingInc., where he said: “I went to many schools and I have a bigger seminar and camp list than any wrestler on the independents, maybe any wrestler ever. I’ve done more with the who’s who of wrestling and I’m perfectly trained and capable of protecting somebody and my track record speaks for itself."

Okay. So why can you still not throw a convincing looking punch, and what's with the ridiculous goofy facial expressions when you're supposed to be selling how angry and intense you are?  Because those weaknesses are really taking away from his epic blood feud with Shawn Spears, which would otherwise be classic.

Former WCW D-level announcer Chris Cruise has requested from the State Athletic Commission of Maryland to investigate on the Lights Out Match between Mox and Omega at Full Gear, asking if the commission rules allowed for bleeding and if they had assigned a doctor for the show.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem to be the first time that Cruise is stirring shit with major promotions. And considering that he didn't even hide the fact that he doesn't want AEW to succeed, I shouldn't even be surprised that he did this.

https://lordsofpain.net/aew-reportedly-being-investigated-over-jon-moxley-vs-kenny-omega-match/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

I think the deal with Janela is he seems pissed that Penelope Ford apparently went in to business for herself at the PPV when she implied there would be a Kip Sabian/Janela feud. She's currently with Sabian IRL and broke up with Janela around the time he had his bad leg break and it seems there were some unresolved feelings regarding that. 

3 hours ago, Stiva said:

Janela going after the woman who dumped him when he needed her the most and her new asshole boyfriend is a million times more interesting than whatever Janela has been doing since he got to AEW, to be fully honest.

This isn't very ProWrestlingOnly but the story I heard (which I believe is talked about in his recent Highspots shoot interview) is that Ford cheated on him at the restaurant she worked with it and Joey dumped her. Besides being as mad as any boyfriend would be he views her as ungrateful to him professionally.

What is weird Joey, Penelope and Kip in the Summer were getting on great around the Summertime? There is a Youtube video with the three (I think Alica Atout's channel). And Joey seemed fine with them.

Dating in the industry and the pitfalls of it is a story older than time basically.

Glad for the modern WWE/NXT trend of long-lasting relationships and intercompany marriages. Much easier to navigate.

10 hours ago, rovert said:

This isn't very ProWrestlingOnly but the story I heard (which I believe is talked about in his recent Highspots shoot interview) is that Ford cheated on him at the restaurant she worked with it and Joey dumped her. Besides being as mad as any boyfriend would be he views her as ungrateful to him professionally.

That's all great pro wrestling material, as far as I'm concerned. AEW could do with a hot midcard angle

1 hour ago, Slasher said:

Probably just me, but this is something that I think was a better idea in theory than in practice. It's a major miss for me so far. Get rid of the rankings and just do stories the way you've been doing them anyways, which is to say, like NWA/WCW.

NWA/WCW also did rankings.  I especially remember them being mentioned a lot around 88-90 (or thereabouts).  Like AEW, they were also sorta random and didn't really play into the storylines too much.  Just something for the announcers to mention during matches that might not mean a lot.  "______ could really use a win here to move up in the Top 10!", etc.  

I was thinking about the rankings.  They could always say that being ranked for the first 2 months after the last PPV could guarantee you a match on the next PPV, then spend a month promoting the matches built based off the rankings. Make the point that PPV matches have bigger payoffs, mean more high profile exposure, etc. I have to think more about this but it was just a quick thought.  

Chris Cruise is a useless troll. Imagine being as utterly devoid of personality and talent as he is, and yet still having a long wrestling career. What the fuck does he have to be bitter about? Yet, he's somehow stupidly bitter. What a loser.

I always forget what Joey Janela looks like, so every time he shows up, I mistake him for a generic jobber. I respect that he has a major fan following, somehow, but I don't get him or his appeal at all

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

Chris Cruise is a useless troll. Imagine being as utterly devoid of personality and talent as he is, and yet still having a long wrestling career. What the fuck does he have to be bitter about? Yet, he's somehow stupidly bitter. What a loser.

I always forget what Joey Janela looks like, so every time he shows up, I mistake him for a generic jobber. I respect that he has a major fan following, somehow, but I don't get him or his appeal at all

He doesn't do anything for me but I can sort of get why he is popular and he is always a guy you can do the hardcore stuff with when needed.