Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

I would assume that AEW is in good shape as long as the 18-49 ratings are where TNT wants them, Unless the next person in charge has a hate boner for wrestling, they should be alright.

Well, that's a pretty big "Unless..."

Tuesday Night Fights did good ratings for USA 52 weeks out of the year and when management changed, it didn't fit their vision and went away. The new guy in charge of TNT is also the guy who got rid of boxing on HBO.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

https://sturgis.com/events/all-events/eventdetail/333/-/fozzy

Jericho's band is playing at the Sturgis motorcycle rally, where 250,000 dumbass bikers are congregating without masks. Road Wild is no longer the stupidest wrestling-related event to take place at Sturgis.

It'd really be a shame if a few, or even all, of them got sick.

Jericho has routinely and repeatedly exposed himself as one of the absolute dumbest people on the planet (except for AJ Styles), which is a shame, because I am a fan.

From having Donny Walnuts Jr. on his podcast to being an All Lives Matter stan to spending all of his third book bragging about being an unapologetic alcoholic, Jericho doesn't exactly have the best judgment. 

But this Sturgis biker rally concert may be his biggest lapse yet.

I put Jericho in the same category as Cornette- anytime his lips are moving he is working and he doesn't care if he looks horrible as long as it attracts eyeballs and makes money. 

As for the shakeup at TNT, the guys who brought wrestling back to TV being replaced with the guys who fucked up the distribution for the HBO Max launch and ran HBO Sports into the ground can't be a good thing for AEW, NBA, MLB or any sports with a connection to TNT or TBS. 

This is my first time watching Nicole Savoy and she is really good. I don't know what the Lil Swole Big Swole angle is, but I really wouldn't mind if she replaces Swole on the totem pole, because Big Swole so far has left me underwhelmed. 

So.... Nicole Savoy is Lil' Swole. Come on AEW, you're doing the female division no favors two weeks in a row, that sort of naming is straight out of WWE. Let Nicole be herself, Big Swole is only gonna drag her down. Match was terrible too, but Savoy works circles around Big Swole (sorry to pile on, but... she really isn't any good), hope she gets signed. Leva & Chanel were funny, at least.

Hey, Dasha is working now ! Well, she's green as hell and does some funky athletic spots, but she mostly sold. Ivelisse is better than 95% of the female roster, glad she got the pin here, they really need to sign her. Ellering is interesting, they should get her too. Ok match.

Let's be honest, this show is not exactly setting the world on fire...

The idea of this tournament is trying to see who they can get to fill out the women's roster while travel restrictions are still in place, so you're going to get some not-great matches. I hope that it also makes them realize there are better options than the folks they are currently pushing like Big Swole. Since they haven't shown to be stubborn or fighting their audience like you-know-how, I wonder if after the program with Dr. Britt is over she just doesn't go back to the world of Dark and/or whatever the new show ends up.

Agreed I hope Savoy can break away from this and be herself. "Big Swole" being Aerial Monroe's actual wrestling name is bad enough, we don't need Nicole being saddled with being a lesser version of that when she is a much better overall wrestler. 

Haven't seen a ton of Rachael Ellering, but her Mae Young Classic match with Hiroyo Matsumoto was really great.

41 minutes ago, Alucard said:

Haven't seen a ton of Rachael Ellering, but her Mae Young Classic match with Hiroyo Matsumoto was really great.

What I've seen of her work has been pretty good, she just seems to be snakebit in terms of getting injured at the worst possible time.

AEW released Bea Priestley, Sadie Gibbs, and Jimmy Havoc.  The first two are probably COVID casualties since they were stuck overseas and couldn't get to any of the tapings and Havoc is pretty much what we figured at that time (ie: he would get released as soon as his rehab was over for his #SpeakingOut behavior). 

I hope Pac won't be a "victim" of Covid too, that would suck. Maybe when (if ?) this stuff is over they can Bea & Saddie them "back" (under quotation because they really did not appear that much anyway yet, I believe Gibbs showed up once or twice at most).

Yeah, Havoc was a goner, no surprise here.

Yeah I would assume the plan is to have the fans sit in the upper areas to fill in the gaps and make Daily's Place look less empty since they have to compete with the THUNDERDOME now.

Plus they were inviting people to sit in the upper bowl recently, which I assume now was a test run for doing this.

Saturday Dynamite got 755,000 viewers which is way better than I was expecting.  

Also Dave mentioned the new guy in charge of TNT is not an anti-wrestling type of person, and when he was running Hulu putting wrestling on was part of his game plan.  So there shouldn't be any fears of  Jamie Kellner stype purge of the rasslin to happen again.