All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As per Metlzer, Hangman Page is facing Kenny Omega for the title at the next ppv. I don’t see Omega loosing since he will just have won the Impact title (most likely) but on the other end, Page can’t afford to loose to Omega again. Plus, Page winning the AEW world title should be in front of a packed arena. 

Bucks vs Moxley/Kingston for the tag title

also schedule and this should be awesome. 

Yeah, I listened, Meltz said he thought it would be Page and Omega at the PPV, but he didn't know anything for sure

It feels too early because I assumed all along he'd be the one to eventually beat Omega based on all the backstory they've done with them, and it seems too early to take the belt off of Omega.

That said, they have started pushing that Page is the #1 ranked contender on TV, so it's probably leading somewhere.  They could do match 2 and Page loses again, this time due to chicanery, playing into a longer chase.  Or It might just be leading to him losing his #1 contender spot to someone in a match, perhaps due to The Elite, putting more slow burn on the rematch.  Or, maybe they've decided that a month or so with Kenny holding his triple (quadruple?) crown is enough and they want to get the AEW belt off of him before he drops the other ones.....

Page is obviously the future and given my distaste for Omega, it is not surprising that I would want Page to take the title off Omega as soon as possible. However, I agree that it is too soon to do that rematch. They need to build that properly. I think it would be a mistake to book Page to challenge Omega and come up short. I get that Omega's ultimate coronation in NJ was much longer with a lot of draws, but the U.S scene has historically been different. For an ascendant potential ace in the US, I think you need to pull the trigger on them the first time they challenge for the title in the main event of a marquee show. Otherwise, the fans simply move on. Roman Reigns did not definitively beat Brock Lesnar in the main event of WM in 2015 cuz they got cold feet, and arguably he has never been the same since

It does feel like (1) they should do the title change in front a packed house and (2) Omega's run needs to be a little bit longer. The clear answer is to push it to All Out - there's a pretty good chance they can do a show in Chicago, or at least a full amphitheater in Jacksonville, by then. That would also mark exactly two years since Page lost to Jericho in the first title match. If they set Page up as the challenger early on, it also gives them main events for the TV specials in between - Page/Dark Order vs Omega and the Bucks is strong enough to main event Fyter Fest or Fight for the Fallen.

Jericho doing some great media work this week

First saying they shouldn't be doing an invasion angle with TNA, but should be doing it with NJPW. They shouldn't be doing an "invasion" angle at all. It's talent exchange and for mutual benefit, not something to win, but also pretty poor form for one of your top stars to openly shit on a partnered promotion and want to be working with a different one instead. 

Then saying Blood and Guts definitely isn't War Games, they can't go back to those matches to look for inspiration because there's never been a Blood and Guts match, which definitely isn't War Games and they're not calling it Blood and Guts because of trademarks and copyrights with War Games, but because it's a unique thing that's never been done before. 

I don't want to see any invasion angle. KENTA vs. Chris Jericho doesn't become more interesting with a faux invasion angle. It's okay if KENTA has an issue with Jericho and only Jericho instead of RAH RAH NJPW! Fans mainly want to see great matches today, so just make that happen. Impact has enough men and women on the roster to have random and fun matches on Dynamite, Dark, Dark Elevation, and PPVs. Not much of a story is needed to setup Rhino and Kingston on a random episode of Dynamite much like not was needed for Jericho vs. Nagata on a random episode of Thunder back in the day. That's the beauty of these types of working relationships, it helps keep the things fresh and allows AEW wrestlers to pick up wins from notable names without turning an AEW prospect like Jungle Boy in a JTTS. I hope we see an Impact vs. AEW six man down the line on AEW TV. Willie Mack, Rich Swann, Josh Alexander vs. Best Friends or Jurassic Express or Death Triangle to kick off a Dynamite or PPV would be fun.

3 hours ago, strobogo said:

Then saying Blood and Guts definitely isn't War Games, they can't go back to those matches to look for inspiration because there's never been a Blood and Guts match, which definitely isn't War Games and they're not calling it Blood and Guts because of trademarks and copyrights with War Games, but because it's a unique thing that's never been done before. 

I mean, yeah that's not something you want to be saying but at the same time they're clearly doing a War Games match and don't want to deal with WWE's legal team. 

It's just such a ridiculous thing to say because in the same little interview he brings up the Dusty and Dustin and Cody legacy with the match. That's a lot of AEW shit I guess, though. Want to do as many JCP/Dusty/WCW things and nostalgia as possible but don't want people to think they're just strip mining all of Dusty's ideas at the same time.

I think part of it is clearly there was a large audience for JCP/Dusty/WCW things that went away after 2001, and they are trying to win that audience back without just flat out saying is what they are doing (probably also out of legal concerns since WWE owns all those JCP/Dusty/WCW things now). 

The latest non-controversy about AEW and Botchmania was hilarious. Amazing how, despite AEW giving plenty of ground for legitimate criticism, there are all these sad weirdos whose aim in life is to piss on AEW for daring to go against their beloved billion dollar childhood institution 

On 5/4/2021 at 5:21 PM, fakeplastictrees said:

I don't want to see any invasion angle. KENTA vs. Chris Jericho doesn't become more interesting with a faux invasion angle. It's okay if KENTA has an issue with Jericho and only Jericho instead of RAH RAH NJPW! Fans mainly want to see great matches today, so just make that happen. Impact has enough men and women on the roster to have random and fun matches on Dynamite, Dark, Dark Elevation, and PPVs. Not much of a story is needed to setup Rhino and Kingston on a random episode of Dynamite much like not was needed for Jericho vs. Nagata on a random episode of Thunder back in the day. That's the beauty of these types of working relationships, it helps keep the things fresh and allows AEW wrestlers to pick up wins from notable names without turning an AEW prospect like Jungle Boy in a JTTS. I hope we see an Impact vs. AEW six man down the line on AEW TV. Willie Mack, Rich Swann, Josh Alexander vs. Best Friends or Jurassic Express or Death Triangle to kick off a Dynamite or PPV would be fun.

I think an invasion angle would draw money. There's a lot of matches that drew well in Japan that they could now run the return in the US in AEW. There were a lot of unfinished feuds and a lot of money left on the table in NJPW when AEW started up. An invasion angle with NJPW would capitalize on that. 

So Alex Gracia and Tesha Price both got tryouts with wwe. I am surprise that they were never signed. Gracia has a great look and is really likable and Price is always a blast every time she is in the crowd. I would miss them if the go. 

Speaking of wrestlers choosing wwe over AEW, are they doing anything with Ben Carter or is he just another talent that they are hoarding? 

Also, rumours are that AEW are interested in Salina De La Renta. I wouldn’t mind seeing her as the mouthpiece of Jade. 

Ben Carter is on the NXT UK brand, under a different name, I believe. I think he recently debuted.

I actually like the idea of Salina being Jade's manager. The whole thing with Jade reminds me of when all WWF managers were all after Randy Savage when he debuted in the promotion only for him to bring his own manager in Miss Elizabeth. I feel it's the vibe they're aiming for with Jade. Salina coming in would get people talking.

One of the best ways AEW has improved its booking of its women's division over the last several months has been making the women interact with men and have common storylines, instead of treating the division as its own alternate dimension, existing separately from everything else