Pro Wrestling Only

All Elite Wrestling

goodhelmet

I have some questions . McMahon  keeps cuts his payroll and just giving Tony Khan talent . AEW cannot keep signing everyone  the WWE lets go and keep the their current roster . Who does AEW cut ?  I know Shad Khan has billions , but  AEW still needs to run in the black.

Also , I wonder the what the future holds for the ROH talent that help launch AEW ? You they be marginalized by influx of WWE talent ? Daniels works in the office and Trent has a serious neck injury . The others consists of Cody Rhodes . the Bucks, Frankie Kazarian , Scorpio Sky , Adam Page , Chuck Taylor and Colt Cabana . Omega is NJPW but he is part of the group that left their jobs to start AEW.

I wonder if guys like Tommy End  , Miro , Punk and Danielson will push some of these guys out ?

Another issue is all of the new  and green talent AEW is stockpiling. The new talent mainly works the  work the internet show.They need to be send out to work indy shows at places like  AAW and PWG . I don't see how green talent can improve working  just a fews days per month .

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Memphis Mark said:

Who does AEW cut?

They could start with Matt Hardy, The Gunn Club, Jake the Snake, Luther & Vickie. I don't think they should have brought in Christian either, even if he can work. Definitely shouldn't be running Matt Hardy Vs. Christian in 2021. 

An issue with AEW right now seems to be that a lot of people that look like they're dead weight are also doing stuff behind the scenes, like training & what not. So they bring in someone like Mark Henry or Paul Wight & they have other non-wrestling duties. So like, Daniels, Nakazawa, Best Friends, QT, Dustin, I don't even know what all everyone is doing but they seem to have several of those.

If Punk & Bryan are both coming in those are two huge gets & they can use them to make their own stars brighter. Adam Page, Darby Allin, Sammy Guevara, Jungle Boy, Wardlow, Powerhouse Hobbs. I'd use Orange Cassidy as a special attraction but never actually push him as a legitimate wrestler. They need to push the tag team aspect of the show a lot more seriously too. Not just the Young Bucks hamming it up. FTR, Santana & Ortiz, even The Butcher & The Blade. In the women's division, Britt Baker has turned into a legitimate star & now they have Thunder Rosa & Serena as well, which is great, but that division is still way too thin. Tay Conti is developing nicely & Shida is pretty good but it will run stale quickly when you only have a rotation of about five women. Miro, Moxley, MJF & Omega can all be the upper card/main event guys that get cycled around with incoming stars & homegrown people they want to elevate. Andrade needs to do his talking in the ring & when not wrestling have someone else talk for him entirely. I wouldn't mind a Lucha style stable with like Fenix, Pentagon & Andrade then get someone like Dario Cueto/Cesar Duran to be their manager/mouthpiece. 

18 minutes ago, Boss Rock said:

https://itrwrestling.com/news/hangman-page-reportedly-not-appearing-at-all-out/ Per Meltzer, Page isn't even going to be at All Out. Unless Punk is actually going to be Kenny's opponent, the crowd is likely turning hard on the title match.

How can Dave not see the booking for the trees when it comes to Page challenging at All Out?  The storylines in AEW are about to take a turn for the stupid if Dave’s idea is followed through on.

I have no gripes with the WON or Meltzer…beyond his formatting and grammar.  He isn’t the evil genius intent on stealing everyone’s clicks or whatever his vocal critics accuse him with.  He should really stick with the facts or his history pieces that were always the highlight when I subbed.  His star ratings or “takes” hot or otherwise, have been hit or miss for almost twenty years now.  He used to be the unquestionable leader in wrestling journalism.  After this past week with Danielson and Punk stories all over the net. 

Meltzer does seem a bit behind the curve here…possibly.

I hate that he sits on news until often the booking lines up with the information.  He will barely break a story that he could have broken long before he eventually does.  I’m fairly certain Dave said that he knew Danielson had signed with AEW way back in May.  
That is so good to hear, Mr. Journalist Man.  When were you planning on sharing it with the rest of the class?  I reckon he would eventually write on September 22 from Arthur Ashe Stadium…

”It is expected that Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan in WWE) will make his long awaited much anticipated AEW debut tonight…in a match with Orange Cassidy to introduce him to this audience.  Attendance is seriously stimulating me sexually right now.  It is incredible…oh yeah, 2X,XXX paid for a new erec…er, record for AEW events.  Time to ask Kenny for a raise!” 

- I took some liberties with Meltzer’s hypothetical “update” at Grand Slam.  He probably wouldn’t ask for a raise directly - in an article in his WON.  You get the gist of it I hope.

13 hours ago, MoS said:

Apparently, Hangman's wife is due around All Out, so this is basically paternity leave I am guessing. They have to give him a storyline reason for not being there though

Yeah, this is the only reasonable explanation. 

Christian just does not feel like an acceptable guy in that slot. Although I'm really not sure who does after teasing the Hangman thing. Darby? Fenix or Penta for a big spotfest?

I guess with Ric Flair asking for & being granted his WWE release we should see what Barry Windham is up to? Seeing as how Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard are both already in AEW. It's going to lead to a IV Horsemen beat down on Cody or something, surely.

He's charismatic and is good when he is not doing edgy humour or terrible 'burns' in his terrible rap. I feel he is someone who is getting over with fans inspite of his rapping because he has charisma and there's a connection, because his actual raps are awful and he routinely freezes and gets nervous during his rapping. Trying to get heel heat using Simone Biles is typical wrestling fool not realizing what heat works in wrestling and what doesn't

I dunno about Caster. He checks all the boxes- legit sports background, god given natural athletic ability, looks like a million dollars, tons of charisma and personality, etc. But 6 years into the business he's still not good. He's still not connecting with the fans. When he gets heat its the wrong kind of heat, and he still doesn't seem to know the difference. On paper he looks like a top star, yet he's not. Whether its the rapper gimmick or something else holding him back I don't know. 

I normally roll my eyes when someone says "no really, he's SUPPOSED to suck," but isn't the fact that his raps are kind of cringey the whole point of his gimmick? He's trying to get heel heat, not win a rap battle or get a record deal. This is like being mad that Jeff Jarrett didn't really sing With My Baby Tonight.

I think he has got surprisingly good reactions from the crowds considering how much he freezes during his raps - I was in the crowd at DoN and he seemed nervous to me - but AEW crowds have been hot for everything so far, so I don't know if it's a false positive. 

Regarding his raps not needing to be good, I get that, but surely there has to be some balance. Cena's raps were not exactly Jay-Z level, but they still got him over cuz he wasn't so cringe

1 hour ago, MoS said:

I think he has got surprisingly good reactions from the crowds considering how much he freezes during his raps - I was in the crowd at DoN and he seemed nervous to me - but AEW crowds have been hot for everything so far, so I don't know if it's a false positive. 

Regarding his raps not needing to be good, I get that, but surely there has to be some balance. Cena's raps were not exactly Jay-Z level, but they still got him over cuz he wasn't so cringe

I mean, have you heard 90% of modern rap? If you can even make out what the marble-mouthed asshat is saying, it's not like they're breaking new ground of poetic delivery. Caster is a douchebag heel being a douchebag heel.

Oh no, this shit is absolutely, totally unacceptable. Dude covers the entire spectrum of mocking mental health, rape jokes and anti-vaxxer shit. Forget about heat, not only is the crowd completely silent, everyone in the ring and outside is looking so uncomfortable, and justifiably so. I am stunned that this was allowed to air, a rape joke in 2021 is just, I don't even know what to say

I think Caster is gay himself, or at least bi. And yeah, not excusing the rape stuff he drops in general, but a 32-year man referencing a terrible school sex scandal in front of a 19-year old girl whose gimmick is varsity cheerleader is significantly more fucked up imo