goodhelmet

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Oh no, this shit is absolutely, totally unacceptable. Dude covers the entire spectrum of mocking mental health, rape jokes and anti-vaxxer shit. Forget about heat, not only is the crowd completely silent, everyone in the ring and outside is looking so uncomfortable, and justifiably so. I am stunned that this was allowed to air, a rape joke in 2021 is just, I don't even know what to say

I hadn't seen this yet, but it reinforces my previous post from earlier. He's getting heat but its the wrong kind of heat. With his age and experience level, he should know the difference, yet he doesn't. Somebody compared his raps to Double J's singing. Yeah thats a perfect comparison! Both guys who look good on paper, but in practice just don't work.

Found the fuss through Twitter. His profile is edgy sex-pest level tweets, badly written freestyles (when were freestyles ever written? that's clown shit) and terrible jokes some of which around mental health. Then there're these doozies:

Yeah, fuck off.

It isn’t hard to do four rhymes and slip in a quick “Julia, drop these dorks and we can work on our tumbling…” .  

There’s no need at all to be topically edgey.  Max is on a real cold stretch with his rap game, yo.  I’m starting to think that this Max Caster isn’t much of a poet.  They could morph into the evil jocks that feels like 8% of their current gimmick anyway.

Until they get better in the ring they will be stuck with the rapper gimmick for some time.  The Acclaimed should watch some of The Briscoes’ matches.  Once they get more personality in the ring the less they need the rapping, intro and boom box. Whether they become wild brawlers or athletic heels with flashy offense.

11 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

They edited his rap out and re-uploaded the Dark episode. Good.

It is reassuring to know that AEW aren’t clueless on the matter.  I’m not sure that editing the lines out was the right answer though.  Now they just need to help Platinum Max to sharpen up his game…yo.

1 hour ago, Ryan Faulconer said:

It is reassuring to know that AEW aren’t clueless on the matter.  I’m not sure that editing the lines out was the right answer though.  Now they just need to help Platinum Max to sharpen up his game…yo.

I mean, it wasn't like this was live TV. Show was in the can for a week and WWE got a less than warm reception for Charlotte referencing the Simone Biles deal yesterday.  It is good that they recognized immediately it was a misstep and took action (rather than dig in their heels and claim it was everyone else who is wrong like WWE does) is a good thing of course, but had anyone at the taping just been like "yo, wtf" when it happened it wouldn't have even got to this point.

The allegations against Darby Allin are resurfacing again. 

https://twitter.com/Hawleeasaur/status/1423664986145034244

What with the rape joke earlier, this might become a bigger issue regardless of Darby's innocence. At this point, I think Tony might need to start looking into his talent a bit more than getting "shown some texts". 

With that previous part said, and  I don't want my position to be misconstrued, I am all for believing the survivor in situations like this. 

"Dubious consent" is really something we need to emphasize more. Often in wrestling it involves power dynamics (promoter/worker, veteran/rookie, trainer/student), but really it applies here. Coercion is not full consent. But it's been accepted so long that it's difficult to break and incredibly difficult to prosecute. This doesn't seem like a difference in fact as much as a difference in interpretation. Even if Darby Allin views it differently, there is nothing in this accusation that appears implausible in the slightest. The problem is there is nothing to pin Allin here, unless he shows a pattern.

This was already dealt with last year when Darby turned over some DMs to AEW that evidently cleared him to their satisfaction. I don't really know what can come of this when there's no new information provided. Also, publicizing a DM where someone reveals they were sexually assaulted is kind of shitty regardless of the truth of her allegations.

17 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

Also, publicizing a DM where someone reveals they were sexually assaulted is kind of shitty regardless of the truth of her allegations.

Yeah but "your assault is invalid because mine was worse" is a pretty shitty concept that needs to go away as well. People try to turn things like this into a Pain Olympics where only the most heinous cases are considered legit.

40 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

This was already dealt with last year when Darby turned over some DMs to AEW that evidently cleared him to their satisfaction. I don't really know what can come of this when there's no new information provided. Also, publicizing a DM where someone reveals they were sexually assaulted is kind of shitty regardless of the truth of her allegations.

It's her telling her story and I don't think one can dismiss that or belittle that. I do agree that publicizing Priscilla Kelly's own sexual assault without her consent is dubious, though it was unsolicited.

I had heard that he was a piece of shit but never the details. The accusations are bad, and the source for the "cleared with DMs" is a podcast where the hosts are skeptical of this claim that he was cleared when he showed DMs. I am not sure how those allegations can be disproven with just DMs honestly. Priscilla denying someone's abuse using her own is shitty, but so is leaking her DMs from a long time back. Plus, the alleged victim herself apparently has done the same denial of abuse to someone else, so it's turning out to be one of those "wrestling sucks and so does everyone in it" things which just turns you off the business

A doctor chiropractor with advanced understanding of propagandism and virology, I see. Quite the accomplishment. The line "never meet your heroes" is becoming almost impossible in a social media based world. Time to become a hermit, I guess?

He tried to save face by denying he was an anti vaxxer by claiming he was just trying to look at BOTH SIDES which is actually worse because we've only had like a year and a half where one side has time and time again been shown to be full of shit so what can he possibly be looking into at this point?

13 hours ago, sek69 said:

He tried to save face by denying he was an anti vaxxer by claiming he was just trying to look at BOTH SIDES which is actually worse because we've only had like a year and a half where one side has time and time again been shown to be full of shit so what can he possibly be looking into at this point?

The "do your own research" is the one that constantly drives me nuts. Yes, ignore what all the doctors are saying & listen to fucking Jeff down the street that works part-time at the Piggly Wiggly. I'm sure him & his 200 YouTube Subscribers are more well informed.

Smart move making this the first match of the first episode of AEW's new show.

You have one of the top five wrestlers from the Attitude Era, period, and still one of AEW's top attractions in Christian going against the hottest, most buzzed about champion in all of wrestling over the past several years in Kenny Omega.

I can't wait to tune in!