goodhelmet

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seems I'ma hop on the AEW bandwagon earlier than expected.

https://www.bodyslam.net/2021/08/27/exclusive-bryan-danielson-set-to-make-his-aew-debut-at-all-out/

Back on July 21st, I had reported that former WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, once again going by his name Bryan Danielson, had signed with AEW.

I also reported that Danielson had asked for fewer dates and comparable money, the ability to work in Japan, and creative input, which he got. Additionally, I had originally stated that the plan was for Danielson to make his AEW debut at Arthur Ashe Stadium in New York City, on the September 22nd episode of Dynamite. However, with the signing of Punk they were looking at possible ways to capitalize and maximize the buzz around the new developmentments. Which, now it appears that plans have changed.

After speaking with multiple sources within AEW, I can now confirm that the company has upped plans for Bryan Danielson’s debut. The new plan I was told is for Danielson to debut at AEW’s All Out PPV on September 5th, 2021. I had initially heard this rumor a couple weeks back, but was able to confirm the plan with multiple sources.

I was also told that the decision was made after concern continued to grow internally over covid-19, as mandates and restrictions have tighten in New York. So unless the decide to push the debut even further to TNT, it looks as though Danielson’s debut is a lock for Chicago.

AEW heads to Chicago with Wednesday episode of Dynamite, and again for Friday’s Rampage, all leading to Sunday’s huge All Out PPV which is already set to see CM Punk return to the ring for the first time in over seven years.

For whatever it's worth, Alvarez said he was told the same too.

I guess they do the announcement on Sunday and make him debut or appear on the following Dynamite to boost interest? His in ring debut being at Arthur Ashe continues to be the best idea, imo.

Most places in NYC with indoor crowds were asking for proof before this mandate anyway, and generally no one was complaining. I think the NY/NJ shows should be fine. They better hope they don't have to go back to Florida; if a wrestler gets injured there, there might not be available hospital beds.

12 hours ago, sek69 said:

All NYC is asking is proof of vaccination, so it's not like it's anything draconian to sane people. 

Unfortunately there are a whole lot of insane people these days.

I work for a hospital that just mandated employees get vaccinated by October 31st, and nurses literally took to the streets to protest the mandate this past weekend. 

I just realized something just now posting about Rush in the lucha thread. Andrade made it clear he wants all of his family in AEW eventually and that includes Rush, who he considers a brother.  

You guys know what that means if he pulls it off?  Yeah, you'll get the original Ingobernables in AEW, but it also means there's a very good chance Rush would want to bring in the guy he made a lot of money with around the horn in Mexico.

The guy who would complete the "wrestling on TNT and all is right with the world" vibe like Tully, Arn, and Sting. The biggest star in the history of Nitro.

LA PARK IN AEW. GIVE THE CHAIRMAN HIS THRONE BACK COACH TONY!

8 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

This right here is why having guys like Christian on the roster is so valuable.

I mean, how the fuck can you be ON TV AND WRESTLING LIVE and not know that wrestling isn't 100% moves? I call bullshit. He's never watched wrestling, or listened to people talk about it? No podcasts, car rides, nothing?

This says all the wrong things about AEW if you ask me. But I guess glad Christian is there now... 

On 9/1/2021 at 6:48 AM, sek69 said:

Could you imagine Park/Mox? Or Park/Eddie? Or  Park/Mox/Eddie trio? 

Kingston/Park happened a year or two back at Rev Pro, it's still available to watch I believe.

The really impressive thing about All Out, which speaks to how good a job AEW have done of making people care about the roster, is how excited everyone is when so few of the match results feel unpredictable. Punk isn't losing his first match back, and I don't see Omega/Miro/Moxley/Baker losing any of their titles. The tag titles are maybe a 50/50 and Jericho losing to MJF for some time off wouldn't shock me, but Big Show isn't losing to QT Marshall. This feels like a show that's all about big moments rather than who wins, which is a rare feeling.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:15 PM, sek69 said:

Andrade made it clear he wants all of his family in AEW eventually and that includes Rush, who he considers a brother.  

An Oprah style hiring policy--YOU get a job, and YOU get a job, and EVERYBODY GETS A JOB!!!--would also be right in line with the WCW aura.

The funniest thing about that Jungle Boy thing is that the fact he's already so fucking good and knows how to get over (and get over big) despite "only caring about moves and creativity" and not not giving thoughts about promos demonstrates that in pro-wrestling, there's nothing you should or you shouldn't do on paper, only the output matters (of course he will only get better with working with veterans giving him tips about details and promos, and by growing up himself, but still, he's already really good and really over).

Also, are people really amazed that a young guy is more interested in doing cool moves and creativity than anything else ? I heard pretty much the exact story in a Rick Martel shoot interview where he talked about him being disappointed by veterans in the 70's because all he wanted to do was... well, cool moves and creative shit and they weren't up to it because it wasn't "good work". Of course I doubt guys like Cage have the same boomer mentality and he's much more about being generous with advices like a guy like Tracy Smother was without judging the work of the current young guys (and really, Christian was *all about* cool moves and creative shit when he showed up in WWF in the late 90's, although he looked better at it than most of his counterparts then). Still, there's nothing new or shocking about that.

8 hours ago, Coffey said:

I mean, how the fuck can you be ON TV AND WRESTLING LIVE and not know that wrestling isn't 100% moves? I call bullshit. He's never watched wrestling, or listened to people talk about it? No podcasts, car rides, nothing?

This says all the wrong things about AEW if you ask me. But I guess glad Christian is there now... 

He broke in working the southern California indies and only has a few years experience. I wouldn't expect him to have any grasp of psychology given who broke him in, where he's worked, who he has worked with,  and his experience level. 

10 hours ago, Coffey said:

glad Christian is there now... 

One of the best and most valuable AEW signings ever - both on and off-screen.

He's worth a million PACs, Hagers, and Spears. Boy, I bet Tony wishes he hadn't wasted money on those guys (and, yes, I defended Spears at first, but woof). 

12 hours ago, Coffey said:

Listen to the Will Ospreay on Booker T show, he tells a story about wrestling Shibata and that's when he understood its about the sellof the moves and not just the moves of the match.