Pro Wrestling Only

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

Another fantastic set of shows this week!

You're Ernie Ladd promo was fantastic!

Things in Rocky Mountain are really heating up as the whole locker room is prepared to go to war with each other!

Stampede had some big happenings!

Dibiase retains as Bad News anger at the Russians is bigger than his desire for gold right now. I can't wait to find out who he is bringing as a partner!

Flair gets the win, after Stu shows what a prick he is! Good on the Bulldogs for caring about their friend.

Slaughter is gonna get mega heat now that he has the belt. Should be fun!

The rest of the tag tournament looks good,  lots of potential champions in that lot!

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn! Historic night indeed! 

Dibiase finds a way to beat Nikita. Dibiase is proving to be a very credible traveling AWA world champion. 

Man, I cant wait to find out who Bad News got for a partner.

Slaughter cheats to take the title from Anvil. The rematch will be explosive! 

Dr. Death and Fernandez win round 1. Will they take it all??

Flair wins the North American title! Controversy surrounds the match from Stu's slow counts to the Bulldogs throwing in the towel. Looking forward to the aftermath. 

Great night of action! 

Great action happening in both Stampede and Rocky Mtn Pro!

Dibiase retaining against a monster like Nikita really helps solidify him as a credible AWA World Champion who is going to be tough to beat! 

I'm really looking forward to seeing who Bad News is talking about bringing in for a partner....the Russians are going to be looking for revenge!

Naitch takes the North American title.....good luck getting it away from him......I see some classics between he and Dibiase coming sooner or later for sure.

August 17

A montage of wrestling and rodeo falls set to music introduces the show. 

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakatos, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the Colorado State Fairgrounds in Pueblo.

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the Colorado State fairgrounds in Pueblo, Colorado.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, what a show they had last Monday at the Auditorium in Albuquerque and let’s get right to some of those highlights. 

VIDEO MATCH: 

CAPTURE THE FLAG MATCH

The Mountain Men (Rex & Link) vs The Super Samoans (Sakalia & Superfly Tui)

This is the 3rd installment of the best of 5 series to become the #1 contenders to the tag team title.  Sakalia and Tui choose well in picking the stipulation for this match as no matter what the Mountain Men did, they were unable to climb that pole to capture the flag and eventually the momentum changed and we saw Superfly Tui scamper up the pole for the victory.  This gives the Samoans a 2-1 advantage and in the post-match interview we here the next match in this series will be a Texas Tornado Match with all 4 men in the ring at the same time.

VIDEO HIGHLIIGHTS:  6 Man Tag Match
Wahoo McDaniel,Tony Atlas, Chris Adams and Blackjack Mulligan

vs

Ernie Ladd, Grizzly Boone, Ron Bass & Eric Embry

All we really see here is the ending where Ernie Ladd catches Wahoo McDaniel with a Big Boot as the heels get the win as the others were brawling all over the arena.

Cowboy Bob:  Well Don, it looks like what Ernie Ladd preaches is coming true.

Don Slatton:  Ernie Ladd claims he is the General of his own Army and now that he is in charge, it is only a matter of time before he becomes the Rocky Mountain Champion and

Cowboy Bob:  Oh no, here he comes.

Ernie Ladd (with his security enforcer Grizzly Boone):  I told you a few weeks ago …that Snake juice drinking drunk can’t beat me and I proved it this past Monday as I stuck my size 18 foot right in the mush of that stupid injun and down he went.  It was the fastest any of those Redmen went down since the U.S. Army loaded up those blankets with small pox. 

Lawman Don:  Alright… that is enough of that!

Ernie Ladd:  I tell you when it is enough and it is not enough until you stop giving Wahoo all the wampum as the champion and give me a title shot.  I am the man around here and the man should be wearing a belt!

The crowd erupts as Wahoo comes out.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Ernie Ladd… the big Cat… well you look like the cat that just ate the mouse.  Somehow that video we just saw left out the part where you loaded up that boot before you kicked me.

Ernie is laughing like Wahoo is nuts at even the thought that Ladd would need to cheat to beat someone like Wahoo.

Wahoo McDaniel:  Keep laughing but all I know is that the truth eventually comes out and I know the fans around here already know what type of low life you are but soon, those people you call your army will see that you are just using them,  even this 8th grade dropout (he points at Grizzly Boone) will soon figure you out.

Boone starts to come at Wahoo but Ladd stops him and reminds Lawman Don Slatton that the ref counted Wahoo’s shoulders on the mat for a count of three and since he beat the champ, he deserves a title match.

Before, Slatton even answers, Wahoo tells Lad that he will defend his Rocky Mountain title against Ladd anytime and anyplace which we find out a little later will be this Monday in Denver.

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at the Denver Auditorium

Show repeated around Colorado during the week

(Boulder, Pueblo, Ft. Collins, Grand Junction)

MATCH:  Chris Adams & Mike VonErich defeat Luke Aduda & Cal Mustard

At the interview desk, Adams and Mike VonErich hype up their return tag title shot against the Outlaws (Bass & Embry) this week in Denver.  There is a quick rehash of their last shot when Grizzly Boone attacked VonErich on the way to the ring and they are sure that won’t happen this time as Blackjack Mulligan is going to take care of him earlier in the night in a First Blood Match. 

MATCH:  Hillbilly Jim defeats Mike Lownd with the Bearhug

Some quick fun interaction with the crowd and a fun interview keeps Hillbilly Jim in the hearts and minds of the fans as Blackjack Mulligan (the real man behind the scene in Rocky Mountain Wrestling) decides what to do with him… sorry for the little Kayfabe break)

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Verlon Biggs defeats Ciclon Negro…. Sort of!

Negro was in charge and locked in the Camel Clutch and Biggs quickly tapped out.  The only problem was that Biggs was being made an example of here by Negro who refused to release the hold.  This went on for a minute or two until the ref had no choice but to reverse his decision.  This still didn’t do anything as Negro continued to really arch back and pull Biggs with that Camel Clutch.  This brings Sweet Brown Sugar to the ring who still has some unfinished business with Negro who Pearl Harbored him a few weeks ago.  Sugar quickly rushes the ring and lands a perfectly executed sliding dropkick into the face of Negro who rolls out of the ring and heads to the locker room.

Before we get to our next match Ron Bass & Eric Embry are at the interview desk

Ron Bass:  So little Mikey VonErich thinks the attack on him by Grizzly Boone was vicious… he thinks it was uncalled for.  He thinks that he would have won the Rocky Mountain tag title from Eric and myself.  He struts around here like a little peacock.  Well, he is going to find out just how tough I am in Denver cause I aint afraid of anything that walks, I aint afraid of anything that flies, I aint afraid of anything that swims and most of all, I aint afraid of  anything named VonErich and in Denver this bullrope in my hand is going to whip your spoiled behind!

Eric Embry:  I spent a lot of time down in Texas where nothing ever seems to be okay unless your last name is VonErich.  Well, now it aint ever going to be okay between me and anyone named VonErich so I am coming for you Mikey and if stupid Chris Adams wants to walk with you… well then he won’t be walking for very long.  We heard Mulligan is going to take care of Boone before the match starts…. WELL WHAT DO WE CARE!  WE ARE TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS DURING OUR MATCH!

MATCH:  Tony Atlas defeats Joe McGrath with the Military Press Slam

As Atlas is celebrating with the fans, Jos Leduc comes up from behind and clobbers Atlas with a chair.  Leduc has been acting like a Wildman of late and tonight is no different.  This is a heinous attack as Leduc is trying to get back on the good side of Ernie Ladd and take out one of the toughest guys in the other locker room.  The art of surprise plus the chair gave Leduc all he needed to win this violent exchange that comes to an end when Mulligan and Wahoo rush out to make the save as Leduc headed for higher ground.

Blackjack Mulligan:  I am getting pretty sick and tired of what has been going on around here lately and it all started with the arrival on Ernie Ladd.  All of these attacks on good people like Sweet Brown Sugar and now Tony Atlas began when scum like Leduc and Grizzly Boone wanted to move up the ranks in Ladd’s so-called Army.  Well come this week in Denver that Army is going to have some casualties.  I am taking Boone out in a First Blood Match and trust me… he is going to be bleeding a long time and Wahoo is taking out the head of the Army … Ernie Ladd… and just like the snake he is… when you caught off this Armies head… it will DIE!

By this time, a battered and bruised Atlas is also at the interview desk where he is fuming and wants a match with Leduc, which is granted by the Lawman, with Jos Leduc for this week in Denver.

Blackjack Mulligan:  Hey Lawman, since you seem to be in a good mood tonight, why don’t you give these fans what they want to see… A match between myself and anyone one of the goons from Ladd’s Army.

The Lawman agrees and the fans erupt as we find out that this match will becoming right up after our next break.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Blackjack Mulligan vs ?

With Mulligan already in the ring, we see Ladd, for the second straight week pushing Sonny King out from behind the curtain to do the dirty work of his Army.  The interesting thing here was that as soon as Sonny King got in the ring, all of Blackjack’s buddies; Wahoo, Atlas, Hillbilly Jim, Chris Adams, Mike VonErich, and Sweet Brown Sugar came out and surrounded the ring to make sure Ladd’s Army couldn’t interfere. 

As for the match, Sonny King is no slouch but an angry Mulligan is not something to mess with and BJ was all over King.  The end came when Mulligan locked in the Iron Claw and down went King.  After a short time, we see the blood start to trickle from the side of King’s head.  Ladd’s Army comes out but doesn’t attack as they see Mulligan’s friends are ready for a fight.  Instead Ladd’s Army just watches the blood flow from King’s head.  Eventually with get that giant X across the screen to censor it from the viewers.

Cowboy Bob Tallman:  Well folks, tonight’s wild rodeo has come to a close.  See you next time on AWA Rocky Mountain All-Star Wrestling.  So long from Pueblo!

ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRO WRESTLING

AUGUST 19, 1984

Denver Auditorium

Chief Jay Strongbow vs Taras Bulba

Sweet Brown Sugar vs Ciclon Negro

Tony Atlas vs Jos Leduc

BEST 3 OUT 5 SERIES FOR #1 CONTENDER:  TEXAS TORNADO MATCH

The Mountain Men (Link & Rex) vs The Super Samoans (Sakalia & Tui)

FIRST BLOOD MATCH:  Blackjack Mulligan vs Grizzly Boone

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAG TITLE:  The Outlaws (Bass & Embry) vs Chris Adams & Mike VonErich

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TITLE:  Wahoo McDaniel vs Ernie Ladd

Loving Big Cat here! I can just imagine him coming out and making the announcers nervous. The 10 year old me would of thought Wahoo was one tough dude coming out and standing up to Ladd. Great segment.

LOL, nice little Kayfabe breaking moment for the readers in regards to Hillbilly Jim.

Like the Ciclon/Sugar feud.

Bass and Embry deliver a great promo and have strong words for young Mike Von Erich. 

Atlas and Leduc will be a fight! 

Great ending as Mulligan sure has an alliance to battle Ladd's Army.

Cant wait for the Wahoo/Ladd title match! 

Another fun episode of Rocky Mtn!

Once again Ernie Ladd is a highlight for me...he's such a great heel and I know I always say this but you capture him well and I can always hear his voice as I read the promos....his Army will be hard to overcome in the long run here.

On the surface Ron Bass and Eric Embry seem like a very odd pairing but they are really gelling and becoming an entertaining part of the show more and more each week.

The series between the Samoans and The Mountain Men is fun, but I have to admit I am pulling for the Mountain Men!

Ladd is really pushing the buttons of McDaniel, and while it made me laugh, I get the feeling that Wahoo is gonna chop the skin off his chest.

Bass/Embry versus Adams/Von Erich is getting intense!

Oh Man! The big red X finish! Nothing was worse as a kid, cause you wanted to see that shit!!

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

August 18, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Once again, the studio behind me is empty today and that is because we have a special show for you tonight.  Last Monday, in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton, the first-round matches for the Stampede Tag Team tournament took place and we are going to be bringing you some highlights from that event.  I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show as you will not only see the highlights but the fashionable Jim Davies was in the locker rooms after the matches so we will get some emotion filled post-match interviews.  We will also be hearing from the North American Champion, Ric Flair, as we find out who his first title defense will be against. 

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TOURNAMENT:  FIRST ROUND MATCH

Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs MX-1 & Ciclon Negro

This was a rather straightforward win for Hart and Neidhart and even Ed Whalen wonders if Stu Hart had something to do with giving Bret and the Anvil one of the easier first round matches in the tournament.  We saw Negro try and bring this match to the gutter but the Anvil was more than willing to trade punches with him. In the end, Bret slipped out of the Airplane Drop attempt by MX-1 and lock him in the Northern Lights Cloverleaf for the win.

Post-Match Interviews with Jim Davies where he wants to know how things are between Bret and the Bulldogs who threw in the towel last week costing him his AWA North American title.

Bret Hart:  The Bulldogs and I are fine and I wish them luck in their match against the Road Warriors later tonight but I really want to focus on our match tonight and Anvil and I took care of business.

Jim Neidhart:  One thing I will say is that from now on, the Harts will take care of the Harts and whatever you want to think that means is fine with me.  Right now, Bret and I are planning on the Hart Foundation becoming the first ever Stampede Tag Team Champions.

(Commercials)

Promos for Monday’s show at the Corral in Calgary  

The Sheepherders vs Gamma Singh & Mr. Pogo with Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie

While the first match of the show had some wrestling, this one was just a fight with the end coming in wild and bloody fashion where both teams were counted out.  The match had gone a little bonzo-gonzo with all four men out on the floor and the ref struggling to keep control.  As the ref headed over to Singh and Butch Miller, Sheik Adnan slipped on some sort of barbed wire glove and hit Luke Williams.  Williams was now a bloody mess as he was rolling on the ground grabbing at his face.  All 4 men now resorted to using any weapon they could find.  The ref counted both teams out but by the time the Sheepherders and Sheiks men were separated, there was totally chaos and it was obvious that this one is far from over.

Jim Davies and Post-Match Interviews:

Sheik Adnan Al-Kassie:  I told the King of Jordon that there was swarm of locust trying to ruin our utopia here that Allah has created in the American Wrestling Association where we already control the Stampede Championship and these creatures go by the name of the Sheepherders.  King Hussain told me to do anything I could to rid Stampede of these Sheepherders.  Tonight, we drew blood.  Next time we will drain them of blood.

The Sheepherders:  It is obvious that our hatred for Sheik Adnan Al Kassie runs deep and what he doesn’t understand is our love of the violence… love the blood… no matter whose it is.

A little later in the show, we find out that this Monday in the Corral in Calgary these 4 men will meet in a Calgary Stampede Match with all 4 Men in the ring at once where anything goes.

(Commercials)

Promos for Monday’s show in Calgary

Nikita Koloff & Nicolai Volkoff vs Bad News Allen & Mystery Partner

The first thing here is finding out who Bad News Allen found as a partner.  For a long time in Stampede, Allen has claimed to be his own man and has done exactly what he wanted to do.  The crowd found out that he was correct when he said that he had found a partner just like himself as none other than Stan “The Man” Hansen walked out.  The look on the Russians faces were that of shock and they knew that they were in for a brawl … and they were correct!

This brawl went on for nearly 30 minutes with power moves and big punches.  The amazing thing was that early in the match, Hansen was hit with Russian Sickle and somehow kicked out.  Later on, Hansen hit Volkoff with his own version of the Lariat and it basically knocked the Russian on his head and he was out cold and Bad News and Hansen got the win.

Stan Hansen:  Hahhaha… This is a Cowboy town and the people of Calgary found out that I am a real cowboy!  I think those red commies also found out that they are in for a world of hurt from now on.  Nikita thought his Lariat was unstoppable… well ask Uncle Nicolai what he thinks of my Lariat… that is if he can still speak.

Bad News Allen:  Remember one thing…. What Bad News says is the Gospel.  I told you that I had the perfect partner and I was right.  I told you that we would beat the Russians and I was right.  Now listen up …. I am telling you Nikita Koloff can’t beat me!

Nicolai Volkoff:  Stupid Westerners…. Stan Hansen comes in and thinks he got the best of us…. (He spits on the floor)…  Well tonight was only the first battle and just like always… Mother Russia will win the WAR!

Nikta Koloff:  Stan Hansen AHHHHHH…. Bad News Allen AHHHHHH…. Next time…. I break you…. AHHHHH.  You will learn to respect me AHHHHHH.

(Commercials)

1st Round Match:  Stampede Tag Team Tournament

The Road Warriors Vs The British Bulldogs

AWA TITLE NOT ON THE LINE

The speculation here is that Stu Hart put the Bulldogs in this match as punishment for them throwing in the towel costing Bret Hart the North American title…. and boy did they receive some nasty punishment.  For nearly 30 minutes, the Road Warriors tossed the Bulldogs from pillar to post.  What they did not count on was the fact that Bulldogs were up to the challenge and Davey Boy Smith caught Animal with his own powerslam and got the shocking 1…2…3.  The Road Warriors were just beaten for the first time this year and the crowd went wild!

Dynamite Kid: Tonight, we proved to the world that on any given night, we can beat anyone!

Davey Boy Smith:  It doesn’t matter who it is…. When they see that they are facing the British Bulldogs they better be ready for the fight of their lives.  It doesn’t matter who is next, we plan on winning this tournament and becoming the first Stampede Tag Team Champions.

As Jim Davies went into the Road Warriors locker room to get an interview all we see is Animal and Hawk tearing the room to pieces and he quickly learned to get out of dodge before they attacked him.

Stu Hart comes out and announces the card for this week at the Corral

MX-1 vs Al Costello

Paul Orndorff vs Ben Bassarab

Curt Hennig vs Ric McCord

Calgary Stampede Match (All 4 in the ring at once- Anything goes)

Mr. Pogo & Gama Singh with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs The Sheepherders

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TOUNRAMENT SECOND ROUND MATCHES

Stan Hansen & Bad News Brown vs The British Bulldogs

Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart vs “Dr. Death” Steve Williams & Manny Fernandez

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH

Ric Flair vs Junkyard Dog

As soon as Hart announces the big main event, Flair and Heenan comes out.

Ric Flair: Oh my old man!  You think you are pretty smart.  You know that there is nobody around here who can beat the Nature Boy so you go out and get a hired gun…. One Junkyard Dog!  Well you messed up one thing.  That barking and howling freak boy can’t last five minutes in the ring with me.  I mean I am the Space Mountain of Disney World and JYD is more luck Dumbo’s Flying Elephant ride!  Come Monday, I will once again show you why I am the one with the Rolexes… the one with the $10,000 robes…. The one with the Super Models on my arm… and most important… the one with the North American Championship around my waist.

Ed Whalen:  Folks, I you are anywhere near Calgary this Monday night, make sure to get a ticket for the show. It is going to be a wild one at the Corral.  Stu Hart has gone beyond in trying to bring you the best wrestling in the world and this time he has outdone himself by bringing in the American Dream to face Ric Flair.  Could Ric Flair have the shortest North American title reign in history?  We will just have to wait until Monday to find out but for now we are running out of time.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Hart Foundation picks up the expected victory over the handpicked competition!

Nice No Contest Bloodbath with the Sheepherders and Singh/Pogo. The follow up to that should be nasty!!

Hansen and Bad News..... Damn.....

Damn.

Hansen survives the Sickle! Lariat knocks out Volkoff!! Hansen and Bad News Win!!

Damn!!

The Bulldogs take down The Road Warriors!! Holy Shit! This tournament keeps on giving out awesome moments!!!

Look at that Final Four!! Literally any of those teams could win this.

JYD coming in to challenge Flair. That'll be a fight.

Great Stuff Dude!

Awesome set of tournament matches that had something for everybody. 

Hart Foundation are united and advance.

Sheepherders and Sheiks go to a wild double c.o. The rematch will be insane! 

Bad News wasn't lying as he gets STAN HANSEN as his partner!!!! Hansen kicks out of the Sickle and later puts Volkoff down with the lariat! Awesome stuff! 

Well, if Stu was looking to punish the Bulldogs it backfired as they get the shocking win over the Road Warriors! 

Flair vs. JYD in 84! YES! 

The Hart Foundation are together and moving through the tournament!

Wow! Bad News and Stan Hansen are a dream team! Would love to seem them go toe to toe with the Road Warriors at some point and that 2nd round match with the Bulldogs will be a battle!

Speaking of the Warriors and the Bulldogs...huge win for the Bulldogs over the World tag team champs!

Flair vs. JYD should be a huge draw! 

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

August 24

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakatos, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the Colorado State fairgrounds in Pueblo, Colorado.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, what a show they had last Monday at the Auditorium in Denver and tonight, we will be showing you some of the matches from that great event and we will have some great post-match interviews as both Don and I were in the building.    

MATCH:  Chief Jay Strongbow vs Taras Bulba

This match is the first for Bulba in the territory and he was wild.  This match quickly took the action into the gutter as Bulba wanted to throw fists and Chief Jay answered by going on the war path with some nasty chops.  The problem came when it was obvious that Bulba didn’t care about the win and brought a chair into the ring and hit Strongbow over the back causing the DQ.

Post-Match Interviews:

Chief Jay Strongbow:  I am not sure what Bulba’s problem was but if he wants a fight, Chief Jay is always ready.

When Cowboy Bob Tallman goes back to the heel locker room for the interview, he is surprised that Ernie Ladd is with Bulba.

Ernie Ladd:  I have told all of you fools that the Army is growing and soon Ernie Ladd will control all of Rocky Mountain Wrestling.  If you think Bulba bringing in a chair was the last shocking thing you will see tonight, you all are as dumb as that snake juice drinking injun, Wahoo McDaniel, that I am going to kick in the teeth later tonight and take the Rocky Mountain title.  You all have no idea how many people want to join the Army!

MATCH:  Sweet Brown Sugar vs Ciclon Negro

Sweet Brown Sugar is quickly becoming one of the most popular wrestlers in Rocky Mountain Pro and tonight he showed why.  He was attacked from behind by Negro as he was shocking hands with the fans and Negro tried his best to put Sugar down but SBS was not going to have any of it.  In the end, he hit the Missile Drop Kick for the win.

Post-Match Interview: 

Sweet Brown Sugar:  I just want to thank the fans for their support through all those attacks by Ernie Ladd’s goons.  Tonight, was just the start of my revenge.  It started with Negro and will not end until I get my hands on the Big Cat himself.

Cowboy Bob Tallman:  Well Sugar, it seems like everyone around here wants a piece of Ernie Ladd.

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at Colorado Springs Auditorium

BEST 3 OUT 5 SERIES FOR #1 CONTENDER:  TEXAS TORNADO MATCH:

With the Samoans having a 2-1 match advantage this could be the deciding factor and it kept the fans right in the edge of their seats the entire bout.  With all 4 men in the ring at the same time, the ref was having trouble keeping any sense of control.  As he watched Superfly Tui get a near fall with a Top Rope Dropkick on Link, he was unable to see Rex pull a chain out of his trunks and wrap it around his right fist and clobber Sakalia giving the Mountain Men the win.

Post-Match Interviews:

Superfly Tui:  The only time the Mountain Men beat us is when they cheat.  It is 2-2 now and everyone is about to see some real Samoan Pride as we take this series and move on to the Rocky Mountain Tag Titles!

Sakalia was too mad to be interviewed as he was stomping around the locker room using his head as a battering ram against the walls and it seemed like the walls were losing.

Mountain Man Rex:  One more to go and we pick the match!  That’s easy Gold Miner’s Glove Match!

Man Mountain Link:  That’s right… we each wear our own personal gloves loaded up with whatever you want.  You want metal studs on them… go ahead.  You want it loaded with quarters… go ahead.  You want them wrapped in sand paper… go ahead.  Come next week in Colorado Springs…. You two gorillas will be rubbing banana oil all over your faces trying to stop the swelling as we get ready for our title match.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Tony Atlas vs Jos Leduc

A match between two strongman and we get a good any minutes of moment changes filled with power moves and brutal blows.  Leduc, with his crazy personality, seems to like getting hit and keeps asking for more.  That is until Atlas slaps on the Bearhug and Leduc’s power and energy seem to drain right before your eyes.  The crowd moans as Ladd’s Special Enforcer, Grizzly Boone is heading to the ring as Atlas goes for the military press.  Right after the moan of the crowd, you here them erupt as Blackjack Mulligan is right behind Boone and grabs him and the two begin to brawl in the aisle. 

WHAM….  Atlas hits the military press slam for the win.

With Boon and Mulligan still going at it on the floor, the ring announcer let’s the fans know that since Boone and Mulligan where the next match anyway…. Let’s just start this one now and call for the bell. 

FIRST BLOOD MATCH:  Blackjack Mulligan vs Grizzly Boone

Mulligan is all business here as pounds on Boone all over the arena but the big 440 pound Boone is no slouch and gives it right back.  Mulligan slaps on the Iron Claw after a few brawling minutes and Boon is eventually on the floor.  We have seen Mulligan draw blood this way before but he just uses the cause pain to the big man. 

Atlas is making sure that Leduc doesn’t get involved as these two seem to be continuing their match which had just ended.  Mulligan goes outside the ring and comes out with a branding iron.  He is swinging it like a baseball but all of a sudden Taras Bulba rushes the ring and tries to ram Mulligan into the ring post!

WHAM… Bulba is hit with the branding iron and he goes down.

Mulligan is like a caged animal now and comes back to the ring where Boone rushes at him.

WHAM… Branding Iron to the gut of Boone.  No Blood!

Boone is down again as Bulba is starting to stir.  Atlas sees this and rushes over and hits Bulba with a running clothesline.  Mulligan, like a savage, starts to bite at the face of Boone.

WHAM!  Leduc clobbers Mulligan with his own branding iron and he is busted open but so is Boone who is wearing a Crimson Mask after the bite from Mulligan.  The ref calls for the bell and declares Mulligan the winner as Boone was the first to bleed.

Post-Match Interview with Lawman Don Slatton

Blackjack Mulligan:  Ernie Ladd… I told you last week, we were fighting fire with fire.  I don’t care if I need a branding iron or if I bite the face off of each person in your so-called army.  Your days are numbered.  Also who is the Bulba?  Not the brightest Bulba in the shed I see.  Next time, you interfere in my match, will be the last time you wrestle!   How about this Lawman… next week in Colorado Springs, I get Bulba in a Bull Rope Match to teach him a lesson.

Tony Atlas:  I have worked really, really hard and I am not going to let Ernie Ladd or anyone he says is part of his army take away what I deserve.  My mama raised me right and when I see people doing wrong, I got to try and stop it.  Tonight, Blackjack had my back and I had his.  Most important is that we know we are not alone.

Jos Leduc:  (who has picked up a sledgehammer and is waving it around and is screaming in his raspy voice)  I am tired of everyone saying I am sick and crazy.  Tony Atlas is a punk… Blackjack Mulligan is a punk and Ernie Ladd wants them gone.  Well I promise you one thing, they will be gone… Long gone after I crush their skulls with this hammer.

Don Slatton warns Leduc that he will be fired if he hits them with the sledgehammer.

Jos Leuc:  Lawman Don Slatton… I promise you one thing… if you fire me… you will be unemployed… because dead men don’t work!

COMMERCIAL

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAG TITLE:  The Outlaws (Bass & Embry) vs Chris Adams & Mike VonErich

Wrestling is not always about the action in the ring but about the charisma and look of those involved.  This match hooked the fans before it even started as Bass and Embry did a great job of playing the hated heels on their way to the ring why Adams looked sure to help protect the young, eager VonErich.  Admas allowed the fans to pat him on the shoulders as he headed to the ring but he never took his eyes off the Outlaws as VonErich rushed to the ring wanting to start the fight right away.

Unfortunatley for VonErich, when he turned to go to his corner, he was Pearl Harbored by Bass and away we went.  It was a typical match where VonErich played a pretty good face in peril.  Adams hits the ring and goes wild and the babyfaces take over!  Eventually, we get to the finish.

Adams has Embry in the corner and WHAM!  Superkick on Embry and he is down.

Adams knows how much Embry has pushed VonErich’s buttons lately, so he tags him in to get the win.  VonErich comes in and locks in the Iron Claw and Embry’s shoulders are already on the mat.

Ron Bass rushes in to break up the pin but Adams will not let Bass do that!

WHAM!  Superkick!  Oh My God…. Adams has blasted Mike VonErich.

Adams pulls Embry on top of VonErich and the ref has no choice but to count to three as the Outlaws retain their titles. 

Post-Match Interview with Lawman Don Slatton

Chris Adams:  Eric Embry spoke the truth last week.  When you wrestle in Texas and your name was not VonErich you get treated like dirt.  Eventually, you can’t take it any longer.  Maybe Blackjack Mulligan wants to help Mickey VonErich get started in this business but I wanted to make sure his career never gets started.  There is no more room for any more of Fritz’s brats and when Mulligan called asking for my help, I knew what I was going to do!

Mike VonErich:  Why Chris… Why…. After all my family did for you?  I just don’t understand it!

COMMERCIAL

After all of the emotions of the night, the title match has the fans on the edge of their seats.  In the end, they leave relieved as the Big Cat doesn’t leave with the title.  Unfortunately, Wahoo didn’t get the win either as this one was so wild that it started in the aisle and ended with a double count-out.  It is obvious that this one is just getting started. 

Cowboy Bob Tallman:  Well folks, tonight’s wild rodeo has come to a close.  See you next time on AWA Rocky Mountain All-Star Wrestling.  So long from Denver!

Good grief what a wild show! 

Battle lines have been drawn as Big Cat builds his army while Mulligan is finding some powerful allies. 

Loving the Mountain Men/Super Samoans series. It all comes down to the Coal Miners Glove match.

Atlas/Leduc followed by Mulligan and Boone! What a segment! Bulba might be in trouble as he faces Mulligan in a bullrope match next week. I have a feeling chaos is coming. 

Leduc is nuts! He just threatened the Lawman's life! 

As if all this wasn't enough, Adams shocks everybody and turns on Mike! Apparently the Von Erichs have a lot of enemies.

Wahoo and Big Cat brawl to a double c.o. It might be a long time before this gets resolved.  

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

August 25, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.   

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Corral right here in Calgary along with some great interviews including a special segment with Stu Hart with the dapper Jim Davies.  I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

MATCH:  MX-1 vs Al Costello

The masked MX-1 continues to look good here in Stampede has he makes quick work of Castello with the Airplane Drop.

MATCH:  Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan vs Ben Bassarab

Bassarab put up a good fight and almost pulled the upset as he hit the flying cross body block and got a  2 ½ count but a distraction by Heenan was all Orndorff needed as he ended it with the Piledriver. 

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Bobby Heenan:  My God, Stu Hart is one of the dumbest humanoids I have ever met.  We got Paul Orndorff wasting his time with jobbers like Ben Bassarab.  Just a hint there Mr. Stampede… Paul Orndorff is a Main-eventer!

Jim Davies:  But you must admit that Ben Bassarab almost beat Paul Orndorff

Bobby Heenan:  Shut up Davies!  The stupid from your hat is seeping into your brain! 

(Commercials)  Promos for Monday’s show at the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton

Calgary Stampede Match (All 4 in the ring at once- Anything goes)

Mr. Pogo & Gama Singh with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs The Sheepherders

Truly wild… the Sheepderders are using the flagpole while Mr. Pogo and Gamman Singh are taking liberties with the bamboo stick brought in by Pogo.  The problem here was Sheik Adnan Al Kassie knew there was no DQ so he was involved from the get go.  The end came with Luke Williams losing focus and going after the Sheik which allowed Mr. Pogo to basically take his head off with the bamboo stick and giving the Sheik’s men the victory.

POST MATCH INTERVIEWS:

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Mr. Jim Davies… I told you last week that King Hussain of Jordon told me to do whatever was necessary to get rid of the locust infestation around here and continue our rise to the top of Stampede Wrestling.  Tonight, we did just that and hopefully the plaque has left Canada. 

MATCH:  Curt Hennig with Bobby Heenan vs Ric McCord

Almost an identical match to the first one tonight with Heenan’s stable.  McCord gets off to a quick start and is doing well until a quick Heenan distraction and then Hennig is on fire with the end coming with the Cradle Suplex.

The post-match interview is once again similar to earlier with Heenan calling for more competition but this one was different as an angry Animal and Hawk came out and said that they were sick and tired of Heenan saying he has no competition and that they have just signed to meet Orndorff and Hennig this week in Edmonton. 

Bobby Heenan makes the mistake of mouthing off to the Road Warriors.

Bobby Heenan:  Is that supposed to scare the Heenan Family.  Last time I looked you lost your last two matches.  One to the British Bulldogs and then you lost the World Tag Titles to some team of losers by the name of Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr. 

WHAM!  Hawk almost takes Heenan’s head off with a clothesline.

Curt Hennig sees this basically decides that facing the Road Warriors 2-1 would be insanity and heads for the hills leaving Heenan in a heap on the floor.

(Commercials)  Promos for Monday’s show in Edmonton

Stan Hansen & Bad News Brown vs The British Bulldogs

The question here is could the Bulldogs beat the Road Warriors and then the team of Hansen and Brown in back to back weeks.  In the beginning it looked good as they were using speed and wrestling to keep Hansen and Brown off balance… but this can only last so long.  Unfortunately, the ref got in the way of a Hansen Lariat and he went down.  While the action continued, the Russians hit the ring and ripped Bad News Allen off the apron and rammed his head into the ring post busting him wide open.  In a strange twist, both Stan Hansen and Dynamite Kid rushed over and started brawling with the Russians.  The ref woke up very confused and had no other choice but to begin the 10 count.  As he reached 10 and called for the bell, he raised the hand of Davey Boy Smith who was standing in the ring.  While there was some confusion, the ring announcer declared that Hansen had been counted out.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEWS:

The British Bulldogs were upset at the way they won and said that they felt bad for Allen and Hansen who didn’t deserve to by attacked by the Russians but that they would give it their all no matter who they fought in the finals as they really want to become the first Stampede Tag champs.

Hansen and Allen were fuming and all of their anger was directed at Koloff and Volkoff.  They didn’t know how or where …. but they were going to get them out of Stampede Wrestling.

The Russians were pumped up at what they had done as the reminded everyone that they warned Bad News Allen not to get in their way and now he has paid the ultimate price… with his own blood.

(Commercials)  Promos for Monday’s show in Edmonton

Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart vs “Dr. Death” Steve Williams & Manny Fernandez

An instant classic as this match had it all.  Some wrestling from Hart and Williams and some brawling from Neidhart and Fernandez and everything in between.  The finish leaves us with some unanswered questions as Dr. Death was trapped in the corner and just as he escaped, it looked like a fan tossed something in the direction of Manny.  Manny was angry and jumped off the apron to yell at the fan.  This caused Dr. Death to not have anyone to tag in and got pulled back to the Hart Foundation’s corner where he was hit with a powerslam from Neidhart.  Fernandez saw the ref start to make the count and rushed in but was too late to make the save as the Hart Foundation got the win.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEWS:

The Hart Foundation promised there were no hard feelings towards the Bulldogs for throwing in the towel costing Bret his North American Title but that there were no friends once you step foot in the ring and that they would do anything to beat the Bulldogs this Monday night in Edmonton.

Many Fernandez and Dr. Death promised that they were okay with each other and that they were disappointed in the fact that they lost the bout. 

Promos for Monday’s show in Edmonton

NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:  Ric Flair vs JYD

Basically, picture every bout Flair ever wrestled.  We get a bunch of momentum changes before Flair plays it real dirty.  JYD makes the comeback and actually hits the Thump but before the ref can make the three count, we see Heenan pull the ref out of the ring causing the DQ.

Promos for Monday’s show in Edmonton

As Stu Hart comes out to announce the full card for Edmonton, he calls out Bobby Heenan and Ric Flair.  Heenan comes out in a neck brace from the earlier attack by the Road Warriors.

Bobby Heenan:  Finally, Stu Hart… finally… you show up.  You saw the Road Warriors attack me and you were no where to be found.  You better be out here to apologize and say you are firing those lunatics…

Stu Hart:  Just shut your mouth for once.  I mean didn’t the Road Warriors teach you anything.  I actually have something you will like.  As much as it pains me to say it, Ric Flair is the North American Champion making him the #1 contender to the AWA World Title.  Well, Ted Dibiase will be in Edmonton on Monday and it will be Ric Flair vs Ted Dibiase.

As Heenan and Flair start to glow and thinking about the World Title, Hart makes one stipulation… due to Heenan’s actions tonight where he interfered in two matches….  if he does anything to the referee or Ted Dibiase on Monday…. Ric Flair will be stripped of the North American Title.

As much as Heenan and Nature Boy protest, they are still excited by the news of the title shot.  After Heenan and Flair leave, Stu proceeds to give the full card in Edmonton.

SALES PAVILION:  AUGUST 26, 1984

MX-1 vs Ben Bassarab

Dr. Death vs Mr. Pogo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

The Road Warriors vs Curt Hennig & Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Manny Fernandez

Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs Nikita Koloff & Nicolai Volkoff

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TOUNRAMENT FINALS:  The British Bulldogs vs Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Ted Dibiase vs Ric Flair

Ed Whalen:  Folks, if you are anywhere near Edmonton this Monday night, make sure to get a ticket for the show. It is going to be a wild one at the Sales Pavilion.  Could Ric Flair be both the North American Champion and the AWA World Champion?  Will the Bulldogs or the Hart Foundation be the first Stampede Tag champs and what is going to happen when the Road Warriors face Heenan’s Family and when The Russians face Hansen and Bad News Allen.  You will just have to wait until Monday to find out but for now we are running out of time.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Bassarab lost but looks good against Mr. Wonderful. 

Crazy match between Sheepherders and Gama/Pogo! Of course Adnan plays a major role to give his men the win. 

Oh man, Hawk just about killed Heenan. LOL, Hennig made the right decision in leaving but thanks to Heenan, Hennig and Orndorff must now face angry Road Warriors. 

Bulldogs advance thanks to the Russians interference. The Russians are in serious trouble with Hansen and Bad News coming after them. 

Hart Foundation advance to face the Bulldogs! What a match that will be! 

Flair vs. Dibiase!!!! YES! That's going to be awesome! 

Ahh, Bobby in the neckbrace, all is right in the world!

Harts vs Bulldogs has the potential to get very interesting. Friends, Enemies, something in between?

Hansen/Bad News vs The Russians is going to be a war, and I can't wait!!

Flair vs Dibiase should be a masterpiece.

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

September 1

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and the Dakatos, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   With me tonight is the President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling, the Lawman, Don Slatton.  Don, what a show they had last Monday at the Auditorium in Colorado Springs and tonight, we will be showing you some of the matches from that great event.

Lawman Don:  That’s right Bob and what a wild night it was.  Let’s get started with Blackjack Mulligan taking in Taras Bulba in a Texas Bull Rope Match.     

TEXAS BULL ROPE MATCH:  Blackjack Mulligan vs Taras Bulba

And the violence of the night gets under way.  As you would expect, we see the rope being the center of the bout as each man gets choked and whipped to within an inch of his life with each wrestler dragging their opponents to the three corners but never four.  That is until Mulligan followed up a Low Blow with the Iron Claw and basically dragged Bulba Around the ring while holding onto the claw for the win.

After the match, Blackjack in the studio for a promo. 

Blackjack Mulligan:  Well business around here seems to be picking up and the sides have been drawn.  Ernie Ladd thinks that his Army runs Rocky Mountain Wrestling.  Well it is the beginning if the end.  Wahoo and I are ready for Ladd and his . 

Cowboy Bob:  Blackjack, congratulations on your win against Taras Bulba and next up for you will be an AWA World Title shot as Ted Dibiase  and the AWA Tag Team Champions, Tiger Conway Jr. and Shaska Whatley, will be in Rocky Mountain Wrestling next Monday night in Molby Arena in Fort Collins. 

Blackjack Mulligan:  I have known Ted for a long time and sometimes we have been on the same side of the ring and others we have been on opposite sides.  He is one of the dirtiest wrestlers I have ever seen… but I can be dirtier… tougher …. And just plain better.  This Monday, I know that Ted Dibiase is going to be in for the fight of a lifetime and on Tuesday we will be using the phrase…. New AWA World Champion.

Cowboy Bob:  Well that would be nice.  As far as who will be getting the AWA World Tag Title shot, we will have to wait until later in the show as it will be whoever is holding the Rocky Mountain Tag titles at the end of the night.

COMMERCIAL

Promos for Monday’s show at the Moby Arena in Fort Collins, Colorado

MATCH:  Ox Baker vs Ric McCord

McCord gives a good showing here as he outwrestles Baker at every turn but it just a matter of time before Ox hits a big move and takes over.  The end game with a devastating heart punch by Ox as he gets the win and McCord gets stretchered out.

Post-Match Interview: 

Ox Baker:  Well Lawman, I hope you see what happens when you put me in the ring with the likes of no talent shlubs like Ric McCord…. They leave on a stretcher! 

MATCH:  Chief Jay Strongbow vs Jos Leduc

Another brawl that saw Strongbow go on the warpath but Leduc shove him into the ref and then pull out a pair of brass knuckles and KO Strongbow.  When the ref came to his feet, Leduc had Strongbow locked in the bearhug.  Not knowing what had happened, the ref thought Strongbow was out from the submission move and called for the bell giving Leduc the win.

Post-Match Interview:

Jos Leduc, is basically in a crazed state and is shouting that he is the good soldier and wants to know his next mission.  The Lawman seems to want to get away as he wonders what Ernie Ladd has done to the mind of Leduc.

COMMERCIAL

MATCH:  Mike Von Erich vs Grizzly Boone

VonErich has been attacked by every member of Ladd’s Army and tonight he is trying to get some measure of revenge.  The only problem is that Boone is 440 pounds of nasty as swats Mikey around the ring like a mosquito.  Somehow, VonErich connects with a missile dropkick and Boone staggers backwards though the middle ropes out onto the floor.

This is where things turned ugly as Jos Leduc obviously got his next orders from Ladd and rushes out and Leduc and Boone do a major number on VonErich that ends with a running Avalanche into the ring barrier.  VonErich wins by DQ but he is the second babyface to be stretchered out tonight.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:  (Really a Pre-Match Interview for the Ernie Ladd/Wahoo McDaniel Rocky Mountain Title Match as Ladd does all the talking)

Ernie Ladd:  Listen up Wahoo McDaniel… you drunken Indian… How does it feel to know that everything you have ever done in life, I have done better.  We both played college football where I was an All-American and you were again… just a Drunken Indian suspended by Oklahoma for showing up to class smelling of your homemade snake juice.  We both played Professional football… you a bench warmer and myself and All-Pro and now we both turned to Pro Wrestling.  You… a coattail-riding suck-up and me the leader of men who have taken two off your allies out of this building tonight out of here on a stretcher.  Well when I am through with you… you will also be taking a stretcher ride… just leave me the Rocky Mountain Title before they carry you out.

MATCH:  Hillbilly Jim vs Chris Adams

The bad night for the babyfaces continues as Adams steals victory from defeat as Hillbilly Jim controlled the entire match but got caught by a Super Kick and the lights went out and “Gentlemen” Chris Adams gets the win.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Chris Adams:  What a night… not only did I get the win against that Hillbilly who couldn’t get out of the third grade but it was a night that I did not have to pretend to like that spoiled brat Mickey VonErich.  On yeah… that’s right… last week when I did see him, I knocked his skull in and this is just a warning… If Mickey shows up again… the same thing will happen.  He should just run back to Texas and ask Fritz if he can have his room back.

COMMERCIAL

BEST 3 OUT 5 SERIES FOR #1 CONTENDER:  GOLD MINER’S GLOVE MATCH

This is the 5th and deciding match between these teams and in tonight’s match, all competitors are allowed to wear any type of gloves they wish to the ring.  The Mountain Man come out big old rugged construction gloves with jagged pieces of metal on the back side while the Samoans came out with brass knuckles on and put the thinnest of gloves over the knucks. 

As for the match, eventually the Samoans had Link in trouble and Super Fly Tui climbed to the top rope and was going to Fly with his intention being to hit Link with a Flying Brass Knuckle shot!

WHAM… Rex somehow caught Tui with a studded metal backhand to the head as he dove off and Link made the cover for the win. 

Due to the violent nature of this match, neither team could do any interview but we do know that somewhere down the road, the Mountain Men will be receiving a Rocky Mountain Tag Team Title Match!

COMMERCIAL

ROCKY MOUNTAIN TAG TITLE:  Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar vs The Outlaws (Bass & Embry)

This bout has four distinct phases with the fan favorites really taking it to the Outlaws in the beginning.  A low blow by Embry swings the tide as the heels take over with Sugar doing a decent job of playing the face in peril.  A dazzling escape leads to the tag of Atlas and he goes wild on both Embry and Bass. Bass had been thrown over the top rope out with a military press slam and then Mr. USA spends the next few minutes destroying Embry.

WHAM… Bass had recovered enough and ambushed Atlas from behind and Atlas slammed his head into the ring post leaving him a bloody mess.  Somehow, Atlas tages in Sugar but now it was 2-1 with Bass and Embry toying with Sugar.  As Embry went for a bodyslam, Sugar surprised him and caught him in a roll-up for the win as Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar became the new champions.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEWS

Atlas and Sugar were so pumped up to be the new champs and they promised to be fighting champs but that they were going to do their best to hold onto these belts for a long time.  They were excited when Cowboy Bob told them that their next match would be for the AWA World Tag Title against the Movement next Monday in Fort. Collins. 

The interview of the losing team was shocking.  Embry spoke first and vowed revenge as Ladd’s entire Army came out with Ladd saying there is no place for losers and his army has to many of them.  All of a sudden, Bass, Boone, Leduc and Adams turn on Eric Embry basically beat him out of the group!

COMMERCIAL

What was interesting here was that Ernie Ladd wore his San Diego Charger helmet to the ring which is basically like spitting in the face of these Bronco fans.  Wahoo comes out like a house afire and the two basically brawl for the next 20 minutes.  Ladd is frustrated with the fact that he can’t get the pin and shoves Wahoo into the ref who goes down.  Ladd then goes out and gets his football helmet and uses it as a weapon and beats Wahoo with it.  As the ref begins to stir, Ladd gives Wahoo one more shot and the covers Wahoo for the pin.

Ding… Ding… Ding. 

Instead of making the count, the ref saw that last blow by Ladd and awards Wahoo the win by DQ. 

Instead of post-match interviews, the Lawman does the talking.

Lawman Don Slatton:  It is obvious that this feud is getting out of control and for the safety of both Wahoo McDaniel and Ernie Ladd, next week in Moby Arena in Fort Collins, these two men will meet for the last time.  It will be a No DQ- Loser-Leave Rocky Mountain Wrestling Match for the Rocky Mountain Title.

Cowboy Bob Tallman:  Well folks, tonight’s wild rodeo has come to a close.  See you next time on AWA Rocky Mountain All-Star Wrestling.  So long from Denver!

As the show ends, we get the entire card for Ft. Collins

ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRO WRESTLING

SEPTEMBER 3, 1984

MOBY ARENA:  FT. COLLINS

Jos Leduc vs Mike Von Erich

Ox Baker vs Superfly Tui

Eric Embry vs Sonny King

Ron Bass vs Super Samoan Sakalia

Hillbilly Jim vs Grizzly Boone

Chris Adams vs Chief Jay Stronbow

AWA WORLD TAG TITLE: 

The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr. & Shaska Whatley) vs Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Ted Dibiase vs Blackjack Mulligan

We have officially reached the point where Rocky Mountain Pro isn't big enough for Wahoo McDaniel and Ernie Ladd! I feel like this one will be bloody. My hamster on the wheel tells me tha Jos LeDuc might show up in that match to help the Big Cat. But that's only me!

Blackjack makes short work of Bulba, and a shot at Dibiase should prove to be quite a fight.

Man I love Ox Baker!

Man I hate Jay Strongbow!

Poor Mike Von Erich.

Ladd's army just keeps getting nastier and meaner. If the babyfaces don't get something going around here, they are gonna get wiped out!

Adams wipes out HBJ, and I wonder how long until Chris's ego clashes with the Big Cat.

Mountain Men take the Best of 5, and they deserve it. Looking forward to seeing them move on!

Atlas and SBS take the belts from Embry and Bass! Atlas and Brown Sugar vs The Movement..... Interesting!

Oh Shit! Wahoo vs Ladd in a LLT match, may honestly be for the fate of RMPW. Huge implications in that one.

Looking forward to finding out what happens on that 9/3 card!

Wow...first Chris Adams turns on Mike Von Erich...joins up with Ladd's Army who then turns on Embry (one of my personal favorites) Quite the heel group coming together here...

The Stampede Tag Team Tournament rolls on and just keeps breeding dream tag matches.

Flair vs. Dibiase for the AWA World title!! Yes, yes, and yes!!

Mulligan is on fire. Gets the win over Bulba and now gets a world title match with Dibiase. 

Ox is still one bad dude as he sends McCord out on a stretcher.

Leduc is playing his role to perfection.

Another stretcher job as Ladd's Army takes young Mike down.

Adams slides right into his heel role and gets the win over Hillbilly Jim. 

What a series! Loved all the matches. Mountain Men win it and now get a well deserved title shot.

YES! Atlas and SBS win the tag titles! Cant wait for their match with the Movement! 

Poor Embry. He took a beating. I wonder if he will be able to find some friends for help. 

The battle between Wahoo and Ladd will finally come to an end as one man will end up packing. Going to be a wild one! 

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

September 1, 1984

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

MATCH:  MX-1 vs Ben Bassarab

The question here is, which wrestler is Stampede Wrestling giving the push to and the answer is that this match doesn’t give a clear answer as it ands with a DQ win for Bassarab as MX-1 brought a chair into the ring and smacked Ben over the back.  Bassarab did a good job of selling the shot but made one last push by trying to rip the mask over MX-1 but MX-1 was able to escape.

MATCH:  Dr. Death vs Mr. Pogo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Steve Williams did a nice job here of fighting off Mr. Pogo and the Sheik to win with the Oklahoma Stampede.  Gamma Singh made a late rush to try and help Mr. Pogo but he got their a little too late and got caught in his own Oklahoma Stampede.

Post-Match Interview

Jim Davies:  Well, Dr. Death that was a nice win as you took out not only Mr. Pogo but also Gamma Singh, but the question really is….. Are you and Manny Fernandez okay?  I mean last week, there was some confusion between you two as Manny was not ready for a tag from you and tonight, Gamma rushed in to help Mr. Pogo but Manny was not there for you.

Dr. Death:  Jim, I think you are trying to make something out of nothing.  Manny is not yet arrived for his match tonight and last I looked both Pogo and Singh were left laying flat on their backs in the ring.  Trust me… Manny and I are great and we are looking forward to making a run at who ever wins those Stampede Tag titles.

(Commercials)   Promos for Monday’s show at the Corral in Calgary

MATCH:  The Road Warriors vs Curt Hennig & Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan

The interesting thing here is that Curt Hennig was a No Show and Stu Hart came out and demanded that Bobby Heenan, who is still in a neck brace from last week’s beating at the hands of the Road Warriors  takes his place.  We get a few awesome moments with Heenan on the microphone, but it is to no avail as Hart stands his ground.

As the match starts, Hennan demands that Orndorff starts the match and we get about a 50/50 match for the first 6 minutes but Orndorff can’t handle the Road Warriors by himself and ends up on the bottom.  After a few attempted tags by Orndorff, which Heenan refused each time, Animal scooped up Orndorff and tossed him top on the “Brain” which the ref deemed was a tag. 

Heenan slowly entered the ring and it was like throwing a bone to Cujo.  The Road Warriors seemed to remember the derogatory remarks made by Heenan last week and tore him to pieces with the end coming with the Doomsday Device.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW

Bobby Heenan:  You know what they say… fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  Well I have been fooled twice in the last week by Curt Heenig.  He left me stranded last week as the Road Warriors beat me within an inch of my life.  What did Hennig do?  He ran like the coward he is and then tonight… tonight he didn’t even have the guts to show up.  Well I promise you, Curt Hennig won’t mess with me again and you know why… he is fired… he is out of the “Family”…. And he is also out of Stampede Wrestling  I hold his contract and I am selling it to the highest bidder….he makes me so sick, I never want to see him again… and I guarantee you… I won’t!

(Commercials)  Promos for Monday’s show in Calgary

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Manny Fernandez

We see that Manny Fernandez has made it to his match on time and he really takes it to Sgt. Slaughter.  As the Sheik sees his title slipping away, he calls for reinforcements and Pogo and Gamma Singh head to the ring.  As they head to the ring, the crowd erupts as Dr. Death rushes down the aisle and attacks them both.  With all the chaos on the floor, the ref loses focus for one second and the Sheik tosses a metal object to Sarge who puts the object inside if his elbow pad…

WHAM…. Cannon Lariat with the loaded elbow by Sarge on Manny and he is down for the count. 

Dr. Death heads to the ring and makes sure Sheik’s Army does nothing else to his partner as he aids Manny back to the locker room and it seems like Dr. Death was telling the truth that he and Manny are fine.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW

Jim Davies:  Well Sheik, what do you have to say for yourself.

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  I say I am the manager of the Stampede Heavyweight Champion and as King Hussain of Jordan asked me to do, I am ridding Stampede Wrestling of all the plagues that are trying to ruin it and showing everyone that follows Allah… that if you believe… good things will come to you.

Jim Davies:  Enough of your nonsense… you know very well what I am talking about… you threw a metal object to Sgt Slaughter which he used to beat the Ragging Bull, Manny Fernandez, with.

Sgt Slaughter:  Listen up you maggot … you know and everyone around here knows that I don’t need any help beating Manny Fernandez and you all saw that his partner, Steve Williams tried to interfere in our match.  I am warning you Steve Williams, that if you ever come down to the ring during my match, it will be lights out for you.

Jim Davies:  Interesting that you said that… just before I came in this locker room, Stu Hart told me to let you know that due to the behavior and the Sheik’s Army, next week in Calgary, you will be defending that Stampede Title against Dr. Death.

The Sheik and Sarge seemed very upset by this.    

(Commercials)  Promos for Monday’s show in Calgary

MATCH:  Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs Nikita Koloff & Nicolai Volkoff

As wild as could be.  These 4 guys really have it out for each other, and this is a fight for supremacy where all involved wanted to hurt their opponent.  Action soon emptied out onto the floor and that is where is stayed.  The ref made the 10 count and called for the DCO which didn’t slow things down.    Eventually, Stu Hart came to the ring and started yelling at them to stop which slowed the brawl down. 

Stu Hart:  Enough is enough!  It is obvious that you four can’t coexist and I know one thing for sure… I am not going to lose my promotor’s license again like earlier this year because of you four.  Stop now or  you all will be fired.  Next Monday in Calgary, you guys can do it all over again in a Steel Cage and who ever loses, MUST LEAVE STAMPEDE WRESTLING! 

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TOUNRAMENT FINALS:  The British Bulldogs vs Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart

With these four, you know you are in for a great match.  All excel at bumping and selling and there is enough technical talent in the ring to make this look real good. 

The end is very controversial and will change Stampede Wrestling forever.  We pick up the match where Hart is working over Davey Boy Smith and he locks in the Norther Lights Cloverleaf.  Smith is in serious trouble but Dynamite Kid sees this and rushes in to make the save.  Jim Neidhart tries to prevent this with a running forearm but Kid ducks under it and

What was that???

Wham… Kid drops on Bret breaking the cloverleaf.

Stu Hart, who has been at the ring, demands that they ring the bell and referee, Rod Hater seems puzzled.

Hart is pointing to the mat where we see that Stu Hart has thrown in the towel… but for who?  And why?

Jim Davies goes to Hart but seems confused by what Hart tells him but he relays the outcome to the fans. 

Jim Davies:  The winners and first ever Stampede Tag Team Champs…. Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart. 

Davies goes on to explain that Stu, in order to protect Davey Boy Smith, threw in the towel when he was locked in the Cloverleaf.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Stu Hart:  I learned my lesson a few weeks ago when Dynamite Kid threw in the towel as Ric Flair had my son locked in the Figure Four.  It is much better to protect wrestlers to fight another day.  Tonight, I saw Davey Boy locked in the Cloverleaf and while he would not give up, I thought of his future.  Davey Boy is like a son to me and I wanted to make sure that Bret did not end his career tonight.

As you could imagine, the interview with the Bulldogs was one with a lot of anger.  The Bulldogs said this was revenge for them protecting Bret Hart a few weeks ago and that Stu Hart is one of the most controlling men they had ever met and something has to be done before he ruins Stampede Wrestling.

The Harts are excited about their win but also understand that something fishy has taken place so they grant the Bulldogs a rematch for next Monday in Calgary.

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:  Ted Dibiase vs Ric Flair

Another classic that sees a 45-minute draw with both Dibiase and Flair trading Figure Fours and reversals for the last few minutes of the bout.  Bobby Heenan was unable to make it out to help Flair due to his earlier beating from the Road Warriors.  Flair was still as dirty as ever but if Heenan was there, Dibiase might not be walking out with his title as Heenan and Flair together is becoming unstoppable. 

Bobby Heenan:  Finally, Stu Hart… you got me.… you forced me into the ring tonight just to make sure the Road Warriors injured me so bad that I could not manage…. which is my job here in Stampede… to manage… not wrestle… but to manage Ric Flair to the AWA World Title.  Well, Stu Hart… you won tonight but even the Humanoids here in Cowboy Dung Town understand,  Bobby Heenan and Ric Flair may lose a battle but we always win the War. 

As has been the case at the end of recent shows, Stu Hart comes out to announce the next major Stampede Event. 

THE CORRAL:  SEPTEMBER 2, 1984

Johnny Rich vs MX-1

Ric McCord vs Gypsy Joe

Ben Bassarab vs Mr. Pogo with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

STAMPEDE TITLE MATCH:  Sgt. Slaughter with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie vs Dr. Death

Paul Orndorff with Bobby Heenan vs Road Warrior Hawk

STAMPEDE TAG TEAM TITLE:  The British Bulldogs vs Bret Hart & Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart

AWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:  Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan vs Road Warrior Animal

LOSER-LEAVE TOWN STEEL CAGE:  Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs Nikita Koloff & Nicolai Volkoff 

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Corral now as it is going to be a wild one in Calgary.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling.