Pro Wrestling Only

AWA ALL-STAR WRESTLING

kevinmcfl

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

UrZaTnK.jpg

September 22, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Corral in Calgary and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

Ron Ritchie & Johnny Rich vs MX-1 & The Assassin (Kurt Von Hess in a mask)

The two masked man are having their hands full with Ritchie and Rich who seem to love to mix up and the fans are loving it.  All of a sudden, a third masked man with an identical mask to the Assassin comes down to the ring and starts to encourage MX-1 and the Assassin.  While this does unnerve the babyfaces, they seem to overcome it and continue to take the fight to their opponents. Ritchie bodyslams the Assassin who rolls out of the ring to catch his breath.  With get a quick switch-a-roo and the third masked man enters the ring and stuns Ritchie with a blow to the abdominals and the hits a suplex for the win.  Johnny Rich was just a shade late on the save but he made sure no more damage was done.  The fans were screaming to the ref about the shenanigans but to no avail as the ref couldn’t figure it out.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW WITH JIM DAVIES:

Jim Davies:  Well we all saw it…. Blatant breaking of the rules

MX-1:  I know…. I am getting sick and tired of people like Ron Ritchie and Johnny Rich breaking the rules with all of those illegal punches and kicks.

Jim Davies:  You know good and well that’s no what I am talking about.

Assassin #1:  That’s the problem … you are not talking about us …. The Assassins and MX-1 are the story but you focus on the likes of Ron Ritchie

Assassin #2:  Don’t worry…. Soon, we are all these morons up here in this disgusting country will be talking about! 

AWA WORLD LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH          

Brad Armstrong vs Ben Bassarab

A nice 10- minute match where the fans of actual wrestling got exactly what they wanted.  The match began and ended with a handshake and in the in between, we saw Armstrong hit the Russian Legsweep to retain the title.

Ben Bassarab was with Jim Davies where he received a lot of credit for taking the champ to the limits and Ben only had great things to say about Armstrong.  All of a sudden, MX-1, who Bassarab has been feuding with for the past few weeks, comes out.

MX-1:  You just proved what I have been saying all week… You didn’t deserve the shot with the AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion.  I mean Brad No-Strong just wiped the floor with you.

Jim Davies:  Okay… enough of this.  MX-1… if you wanted the title shot, you should have beat Ben last week.

MX-1:  Jim, I guess that fedora you are wearing is to tight.  Weren’t you just here last segment when we said that people like Johnny Rich and Ron Ritchie cheat…. Well Ben is worse then all of them and that is the only reason he beat me.  Well it won’t happen again.  I promise you.

WHAM… The Assassins rush out and attack Ben from behind.  This 3-1 attack goes on until Johnny Rich and Ron Ritchie rush out to stop the heinous attack!

Ed Whalen:  Well I don’t know who these Assassins and MX-1 think they are. They have hijacked the beginning of our show and I hope someone yanks those stupid masks off those three so we can see who the criminals really are!

Promos for Monday’s show in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH:  STREET FIGHT RULES

Sgt. Slaughter, Gamma Singh & Butch Moffit with Sheik Adnan Al Kassie

Vs

Tito Santana, Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart

Ed Whalen warns us that what we are about to see is very disturbing and might not be suitable to young viewers.  As we pick up the action, we see that all hell has broken loose as Gamma and Moffit are fighting the Hart Foundation all over the building.  The camera picks up Sheik Adnan Al Kassie soaking a towel in some liquid that we later find out is ether.  Tito and Slaughter are battling in the ring as Tito catches Slaughter with a Flying Burrito.  Santana goes to cover Sarge when the Sheik comes up behind Santana and basically smother him with the towel. The ref quickly calls for the bell but the damage has been done.  Tito is out.  The Sheik now pulls a rope out of his Arabian dress and puts it around Tito’s neck.  He is basically choking someone who is already unconscious. He then hurdles Santana over the top rope but holds on to the other end and Santana is being hanged.  The crowd is in shock and becoming unglued as they really think Tito could be killed.  Somehow the Hart Foundation sees this and rushes to the ring to make the save as the Sheik and his men head for the hills thinking the damage has been done and that Tito will never again be a threat for Sgt. Slaughters Stampede Title.  The Harts are screaming for medical attention.

The tape is stopped.

Ed Whalen:  Folks, I told you it was disturbing.  Sheik Adnan Al Kassie basically tried to take out Tito Santana who is still in the hospital.  Let’s bring out Stu Hart who may have more information on all of this. 

Stu Hart:  Well Ed…. You saw it.  Sheik Adnan Al Kassie crossed the line.  He went too far and his actions go way past wrestling and are actually criminal.  I will tell you that we have turned the video tape over to the police in Edmonton and I hope they punish him to the full extent of the law.  Also, because of how outrageous Sheik Adnan’s actions were, he has been fired from Stampede Wrestling. 

Ed Whalen:  Fired…. Wow….Thank you Stu.  That is exactly what he deserved, and I hope he winds up in prison.  The Sheik has been a problem around here for a long time but never did I think he would go this far.

Stu Hart:  Again… disgusting actions… I will leave you with this… Tito is doing better and should be back released from the hospital soon and we hope he will be in studio next week.

Promos for Monday’s show the Sales Pavilion

AWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: 

Bad News Allen & Stan Hansen vs The Movement

As the match gets ready to start, we get a repeat of what we saw a few weeks ago down in Rocky Mountain Wrestling as Tiger Conway Jr. and Shaska Whatley try to convince Bad News Allen to forget the match tonight and join the Movement.  Just like last time, they have a briefcase with $10,000 in it if Bad News Allen accepts the deal.

To the excitement of the crowd, Allen gives his answer with action instead of words and attacks the Movement before the bell.  Hansen and Bad News love this bonza-gonzo action and are all over Tiger and Shaska.  No matter what the champs did, the challengers were just to big and powerful to be controlled.  Total Domination!

WHAM!  Lariat by Hansen on Conway and he goes for the cover!

WHAM!  Enzuguiri kick by Bad News Allen on Hansen as he was pinning the champ.

Bad News Allen drags Tiger on top of Hansen and the ref makes the 3 count!

Shaska is jumping up and down with excitement as he hands the briefcase to Bad News Allen and the two give each other the Black Power sign as The Movement and Allen head towards the locker room.

Ed Whalen:  I can’t believe…. But I don’t know why I am surprised…. Bad News Allen has once again turned on the fans of Stampede Wrestling.  The baddest man in Calgary has just done a very bad thing but this time… he may have to answer to Stan “the Man” Hansen! 

Stu Hart comes out and is fuming at the way this one ended and tells the Movement to hold on just a minute as they are almost to the curtain to go to the back. 

Stu Hart:  You two might have been able to survive this week by paying off that gangster next to you but I hope you are ready for next week as I am sure your opponents can’t be bought and definitely won’t turn on each other.  I know this because they are FAMILY!  That’s right …. next week’s match in Edmonton…. will be the Movement vs The Hart Foundation for the AWA World Titles.   

As the crowd explodes, Stu adds one more thing…. “Also, to make sure that nobody interferes in that match… we need a referee who can control that ring… How about Stan Hansen… you want to be the special guest referee for the match!”

Hansen who is still in the ring recovering gets a big smile on his face and slams his fist into his hand and smirks as he shakes his head yes.  The Movement can’t believe this as Ed Whalen dares them to try some nonsense next week!

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW WITH BAD NEWS ALLEN

Jim Davies:  Bad News… I just got to know… Why?

Bad News Allen:  Why?  I told you all from day one…. I am here to do what I think is right.  $10,000 sounded right to me!  Helping the Movement sounded right to me.  I got what I needed out of Hansen … I got Nikita Koloff out of here.  Hansen he was a pawn…. A pawn in my master plan. 

Jim Davies:  Well I bet he has some hard feelings… you two were about to be tag team champions of the world.

Bad News Allen:  There are bigger fish to fry then being Tag Champions.  I am the best wrestler in the World and soon that World title will be mine.   While I don’t sacrifice for much…. I will sacrifice for the Movement and don’t forget… for $10,000. 

Promos for Monday’s show in the Sales Pavilion

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH:

Ted Dibiase vs Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan

We get everything you would expect from this one.  Technical phases, dirty trickery phases and of course, some brawling mixed in.  This match goes a good 40 minutes and it looks like Flair might finally become the AWA World champ as Dibiase is in a world of hurt.  All of a sudden, Paul Orndorff comes down to ringside.  It was just last week that Orndorff hit both Bobby Heenan and Flair with a big chair shots so Heenan starts frantically waving at the Nature Boy who heads over to the ropes and starts jawing with Orndorff. 

WHAM…. Dibiase with a forearm smash to the back of the head of the Nature Boy.

WHAM… Dibiase Irish Whips Flair and then connects with a big side slam

1… 2… 3.  Dibiase with the win and Orndorff just turns and walks away.

Post-Match Interviews with Jim Davies:

Ric Flair:  Orndorff… You have just crossed the line.  I mean you went waaaayyyy over the line.  You just caused the Nature Boy the World Title.  You better have eyes in the back of your head.

Bobby Heenan:  You all saw it… Ric Flair had Ted Dibiase beat and then that no good Paul Orndorff struts out and interferes in the match!

Jim Davies:  Ummm… Orndorff didn’t do anything… you were the only one to interfere in that match tonight!

Bobby Heenan gives Davies the look of death and continues.

Bobby Heean:  It is pure jealousy…. Orndorff couldn’t stand that Ric Flair was the main man in the Heenan Family.  He couldn’t stand that the Nature Boy was the North American Champion so he turns Benedict Arnold… oh yeah… we are in Canada where all you stupid humanoids don’t know about Benedict Arnold.  Orndorff turned traitor and attacks both Flai and I.  Well nobody… and I mean nobody…. Messes with the Heenan Family.

Jim Davies:  Ummm, Ric Flair is the only person you are managing.  So is it really a family?

Another look of death from Heenan and then we finally get what we want…. The Challenge…. Both Heenan and Flair are so mad that they grant Orndorff a AWA North American Title shot next week in Edmonton just for a shot at revenge.

Promos for Monday’s show in the Sales Pavilion

THE SALES PAVILION:  EDMONTON: SEPTEMBER 22, 1984

Gamma Singh vs Verlon Biggs

The Assassins vs Johnny Rich & Ron Ritchie

MX-1 vs Ben Bassarab

AWA NORTH AMERICAN TITLE MATCH:

Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan vs Paul Orndorff

The Hart Foundation vs The Movement with Special Referee, Stan Hansen

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton now as it is going to be one hot ticket with all two big titles matches.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Black Bart is a great fit for Rocky Mountain!

Still loving your Ernie Ladd.

Tony Atlas better watch it with that Pez talk!!

Ox Baker coming to murder motherfuckers! I Love It!!

Chris Adams keeps talking that Von Erich hate. Someone is gonna hear it!

Johnny Rich is getting over nicely here.

Oh Lord, Volkoff and Sheiky Baby in Rocky Mountain!! Nice!!

Ladd's Army takes out Kendall. You knew it was gonna happen, but Damn. Blackjack is gonna hurt somebody now!!

Onto Stampede....

That is a whole lot of mystery masks to decipher in the first two segments!!!

Armstrong vs Bassarab sounds great!

Holy Shit! Adnan crosses the line and Tito gets hung! 

Adnan is fired, Tito is hurt, Slaughter still has the belt. This is all nuts!

OMG, OMG, OMG.... Bad News and The Movement!!! Best Thing Ever!!!!

Screw Stu and The Harts, nothing can ruin this moment!!

Dibiase retains, The Heenan Family is a mess, Flair and Orndorff should be fun.

Bad News and The Movement saluting each other!!!!!

Whoa man a lot going on in Stampede!

MX-1 and the Assassins take the early segments over. I like this new faction. Bassarab, Rich and Ritchie are perfect foes. 

Damn! Sheik and Slaughter just about kill Tito! Adnan is fired! Slaughter must now face the wrath of Tito.

Bad News takes the money and joins the Movement! Huge swerve! Hansen and Bad News will be one hard hitting feud! Cant wait for the Hart Foundation/Movement match. Should be interesting with Hansen as the Ref. 

I'll say it again, the Movement is taking over the AWA. 

Dibiase and Flair put on a classic. Orndorff causes just enough of a distraction for Dibiase to retain. Up next Flair vs. Orndorff...YES! 

Wow...Adnan goes off the deep end and gets fired...and poor Tito is nearly killed...wild stuff!

Bad News takes the money and helps the Movement retain! However....is $10,000 worth making a mortal enemy out of Stan Hansen??? We shall see...

Flair vs. Dibiase delivers and Flair vs. Orndorff promises to be a classic!

Quite a stacked list of things going on here...

Obviously my favorite is the stuff with Orndorff vs. Flair/Heenan,... DiBiase gets a win in the middle of the whole thing as Orndorff continues to upset his former manager and Flair... Paul has gotten quite the backing of the fans in a short period of time... One of the hottest storylines going on right now.

The new Bad News storyline is only second to Orndorff for me... Typical Bad News, this made perfect since and it well... Though you have to admit had Bad News stuck with Hansen there's almost nobody that was going to beat them... Now Bad News has made an enemy for life...

7Yt2GpR.jpg?1

September 28

A montage of wrestling and rodeo falls set to music introduces the show. 

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and North and South Dakota, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

VIDEO MATCH:

April 28, 1979

International Title Match

Agriculture Palace:  Pueblo, Colorado

DORY FUNK JR. vs DICK MURDOCH

We see the last three minutes or so of this match where Dory Funk Jr. wins the title with the Spinning Toe Hold and the crowd goes wild!

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you to Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   Well folks, you might ask why we just saw a match from 5 years ago from the now defunct wrestling promotion, Western States Wrestling.  The reason is simple.  I am so lucky to have with me tonight, the winner of that match, one of the most popular wrestlers ever to exist in this part of the country… the living legend…. The former World Champion…. Dory Funk Jr.  I am delighted to announce that Dory will be my co-host over the next few weeks.  Before you ask what happened to the Lawman, Don Slatton, let me put you at ease and let you know Don is fine but because this feud between Ernie Ladd and Blackjack Mulligan has reached historical measures, Don must spend more time performing his duties as President of Rocky Mountain Wrestling to ensure that there is some sort of order around here.  Well Dory, welcome to Rocky Mountain Wrestling. 

Dory Funk Jr.:  Thank you for all those kind words and I can’t tell you how great it is to be back here in my old stomping grounds around Colorado and New Mexico.  I can’t wait to see the fans that have supported me and my family for all these years.  This is Funk Country and it is going to be a wild ride.

Cowboy Bob:  Will that wild ride include you getting into the ring here in Rocky Mountain Wrestling?

Dory Funk Jr.:  Wrestling is my life Bob.  I am a wrestler.  I might be a commentator right now but that could all change in just a few minutes.  Right now it looks like one of my old enemies has seen the light and come to the correct side of the law and needs some help.  I never thought I would say this, but I will there if Blackjack Mulligan’s needs some help. 

Cowboy Bob: Awesome news Dory.  Well last Monday night down in Denver we were blessed to see one of the best wrestling cards ever.  Tonight, we will be bringing you some highlights form that great card including some post-match interviews.    

Eric Embry defeats Taras Bulba after a blood-filled match with the Piledriver

Eric Embry gives a heart-filled interview how he is willing to do his part to put down the members of Ernie Ladd’s Army and Taras Bulba was just the first step

Promos for Monday’s show at the Albuquerque Auditorium

Ox Baker vs Sonny King

This all started last week when Sonny King called out Ox Baker and said that his Bolo Punch is just as devastating as Ox’s Heart Punch and after some serious words were exchanged, this match was set.  We pick it up where both wrestlers are on the outside on the ring and Ox has King pinned up against the steel barricade.  He winds up for the Heart Punch with those huge taped fists.  Somehow King escapes and Ox misses and falls off balance.

WHAM… Bolo Punch by King and Ox goes down.

Sonny King climbs up on the apron and back into the ring as the ref completes the 10 count and Sonny is the winner.

With Sonny already in the locker room, we hear from Ox to find out what happened to the mighty Heart Punch!

Ox Baker:  Everybody gets lucky once…. Sonny King…. If you dare to get in the ring with me next Monday… I promise you that you will be lucky to survive.  The first two men I killed in the ring were by accident but you… different story!

A little later Dory catches up with Sonny King who gladly accepts the challenge for next week as he feels that he can’t be beat!

The Iron Sheik & Nicolai Volkoff vs Mike George & Ron Ritchie

Again the foreign menaces put on a pre-match show that gets the ire of the fans.  Volkoff comes waving the Russian flag and asks everyone to stand while he sings the anthem of Mother Russia while the Sheik is carrying these two huge clubs, which he called the Persian clubs, and he starts to show off his power by swinging them above his head.  When the crowd boos, he rambles something about America and the spits on the floor.

As for the match… George and Ritchie do a nice job of bumping and selling as it is there job to make Volkoff and Sheik look unbeatable.  The end sees Ritchie submit to the backbreaker by Volkoff who then throws him away like a rag doll.  The post-match interview again has the Iron Sheik and Volkoff saying they want a match with the Rocky Mountain tag champs Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar.  The Sheik also continues to say that Atlas has all those muscles just for show as there is no way he could swing the Persian Clubs like the Iron Sheik.   

Promos for the Albuquerque Auditorium 

Chris Adams vs Mike VonErich

Adams has vowed to take out all of his hatred for the VonErich family here tonight on young Mikey.  The problem might just be that there is a wild card in the arena tonight as the camera picks up Kevin VonErich sitting in the audience tonight.   

Mike VonErich gives it a go here but is just too green to holdoff Adams for too long. 

WHAM…. Superkick by Adams and VonErich is down.

As Chris goes to cover Mike he catches a glimpse of Kevin in the stands and an evil grin comes across his face.  He lifts Mike up by the hair at the count of 2.

WHAM…. Superkick # 2 and Adams props VonErich into the corner and points to Kevin.

WHAM… Superkick #3.

The crowd begins to stir as it fears for long term damage to the youngster but the groan quickly turns to a roar as Kevin has jumped the barricade and is in the ring and is throwing rapid fire punches to Adams who is able to fall down and roll through the ropes and head for the hills.

As Kevin calls for the stretcher Dory Funk is able to get a word with him.

Kevin:  Dory… you know this is uncalled for.  Just like the Funks, the VonErichs are one of the biggest names in wrestling and tonight… someone who we bent over backwards for showed his true colors and hurt my younger brother for no reason.  I want him in the ring next week in Albuquerque and then we will see who we are calling the stretcher for.

Later on we here from Chris Adams:

Chris Adams:  Booo Whoooo Whooo.  Kevin Von Erich is upset that his brother lost a wrestling match.

Dory Funk Jr.  I think he was upset at the way you caused unnecessary suffering on Mike after the match was obviously over.

Chris Adams:  This is wrestling…. Not ping pong… even though Mikey’s head went back and forth like a ping pong ball after each Superkick.  If he didn’t want Mikey to get hurt, teach him better.  I hear Kevin wants a match with me next week in Albuquerque…. No problem.  It will be my pleasure to inflict pain on another of Fritz’s spoiled brats.

AWA WORLD TAG TITLE:  INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!

The Movement vs Tony Atlas & Sweet Brown Sugar

Your typical violent cage match with all the blood and gore.  Once again, for the second week in a row, we see Atlas and Sugar getting the best of the champs and the crowd thinks they are about to see the titles change hands.  That is until Nicloai Volkoff and the Iron Sheik head to the ring.  The fans hope the Sheik and Volkoff won’t be able to do much as they will be outside the steel cage.  Sheik and Volkoff are each carrying on of those Persian clubs and they start to beat on the lock of the steel cage.

BAM!  The lock breaks and the foreign menaces enter the ring.

WHAM… Sheik hits Atlas in the abdominals while Volkoff hits sugar in the ribs.  While this is going on, the Movement scampers out of the ring for the cheap win.  The crowd is getting sick and tired of the Movement finding illegal ways to win matches.  With Atlas and Sugar still on the knees form the blows by the Foreign Menaces, The Sheik grabs the house microphone and once again tells Tony Atlas all of his muscles are just for show and reminds him that it takes a real man to use the Persian Clubs.  Somehow Atlas gets to his feet and you can here him challenging The Iron Sheik to any strength challenge he wants.  The Sheik points to the clubs and gladly accepts. 

In the locker room, the Movement tells the Lawman that they will win “By Any Means Necessary” and then the ask him to give an envelope to the Iron Sheik and Volkoff.  When Slatton asks what it is, they tell him to look for himself.

Lawman Don:  What else…. It is another check for the payoff tonight.

The Lawman simply rips it up and immediately tells the Movement that they are being fined $1,000 for the lack of integrity they have shown when they are in Rocky Mountain Wrestling.  The Movement shrug like they could care less and walk off. 

CAPTAIN’S TAG MATCH:  CAPTAIN MUST BE DEFEATED TO WIN

Captain Blackjack Mulligan, Dr. Death Steve Williams, Ragging Bull Manny Fernandez & Rufus “Freight Train Jones

Vs

Captain Ernie “Big Cat” Ladd, Grizzly Boone,  “Crazy” Jos Leduc and Outlaw Ron Bass.

The way to win this one is to make the Captain submit or to pin him.  There are two different strategies going on here as Mulligan is taking his regular turns in the ring to try and defeat each member of the other side while Ernie Ladd is staying completely out of the mix to ensure that his team wins. 

The order of eliminations here are:

Ron Bass pins Rufus Jones with the Ghordbuster

Blackjack Mulligan submits Jos Leduc with the Iron Claw

Many Fernandez defeats Ron Bass with the Flying Burrito

Grizzly Boone defeats Dr. Death with the Giant Splash

Grizzly Boone defeats Manny Fernandez with the Giant Splash

Blackjack Mulligan defeats Grizzly Boone with repeated Elbow smashes followed by a big leg drop.

And now we get to where we want…. Blackack vs Ernie Ladd. 

The problem is the Ladd is fresh and Mulligan has been worn out by all the action.  Ladd takes the early advantage but somehow, maybe it was the image of Ladd beating on Kendall Windham last week, Mulligan makes the comeback.  The two brawl in the center of the ring until Blackjack blocks Ladd’s right hand and then he whips him into the ropes.

WHAM… Big Boot by Mulligan as the crowd goes wild as Mulligan used Ladd’s own move against him.  Mulligan now slaps the Iron Claw on Ladd and eventually Ladd has his shoulders down for the three count!

Mulligan has just won the Captain’s Match for his team and as Ernie Ladd struggles get to his feet, he starts to berate his team for failing to take care of Blackjack!  To make Ladd even angrier, the ring announcer lets everyone in the stands know that Don Slatton has just signed a Rocky Mountain Heavyweight Title Match for the next card in Denver on October 19 between Ernie Ladd and Blackjack Mulligan

MATCH CARD FOR MONDAY IN NEW MEXICO

ROCKY MOUNTAIN PRO WRESTLING

SEPTEMBER 30, 1984

ALBUQUERQUE AUDITORIUM

Man Mountain Link vs Rufus Jones

Johnny Rich vs Taras Bulba

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Atlas in a Persian Club Contest

Ron Bass & Black Bart vs Mike George & Eric Embry

Dr. Death Steve Williams vs Jos Leduc

Chris Adams vs Kevin Von Erich

ROCKY MOUNTAIN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Ernie Ladd vs Manny Fernandez

Hmmm...... Dory Jr could be an interesting addition in these parts!

Embry excels in bloody wars, so him coming out on top of Bulba makes sense. He'll keep fighting until Ladd kills him!

Shocked to see King take the win on Baker. We'll see if the rematch plays out the same way.

Sheik and Volkoff are an awesome fit here. So much heat for their shtick!

Adams had now drawn the ire of a Von Erich that can beat his ass. He may regret his bravado now!

Movement retain thanks to Sheik and Volkoff!!

Atlas and Sheik is a ready made feud. Looking forward to it!

That Captain's Tag sounds awesome, and would have been quite the treat for the fans.

Mulligan looks strong as hell! Let's see if he can turn the momentum into a title victory!!

Great Show!!

Great reintroduction of the one and only  Dory Funk! I'm sure we'll see Dory in action very soon. This territory is right up his alley. 

Nice feud going between Ox and Sonny. Will Ox finally put Sonny down with the Heart Punch? Or will the bolo punch prevail? 

Oh man Chris Adams might be in serious trouble! He can hurt Mike but now Kevin is here. Whole different story. 

Sheik and Volkoff look absolutely brutal! They use the Persian clubs to break the lock and then use them to beat down Atlas and SBS! All this allows the Movement to once again retain the titles. Looks like the Movement has an endless amount of cash LOL. 

Mulligan puts Ladd down!!! Ladd is furious and then learns he must defend his title against Mulligan. Oh man! I think Mulligan has Ladd's number. 

Got to give Grizzly Boone some props as he pinned both Dr. Death and Fernandez! Not a bad outing. 

Dory Funk Jr is a great fit here....I look forward to seeing what brings him to the ring at some point.

Very cool to see Kevin Von Erich to show up to back his brother....The Von Erichs vs. Adams/Gino was one of my favorite feuds back in the day....looking forward to seeing Adams and Kevin face off here.

Blackjack pins the Big Cat.....I don't expect Ladd to take this lying down.

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

September 29, 1984

Music intro with a montage of all the stars of Stampede Wrestling past and present is shown.

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Stampede Wrestling, coming to you from the CHCT Studios in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. 

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

Assassin #1 vs Ric McCord

Just utter confusion here as Assassin #1 1 is accompanied by Assassin #2 and we get a few switch-a-roos here and McCord basically is fighting two against 1.  Eventually it is just too much for Ric and he goes down in defeat as Assassin #1 hits a big suplex.  When asked about their dirty tactics, the Assassins played dumb and were insulted by the question!

Promos for Monday’s show in the Corral in Calgary

MX-1 vs Ben Bassarab

The masked chaos continues as the Assassins follow MX-1 to the ring and this time we see Assassin #1 hand some sort of object to MX-1 who puts it into his mask and slams Bassarab with a headbut.  Bassarab goes down for the count.

In the post-match interview, MX-1 says he just proved why he should have been given the AWA World Light Heavyweight title match last week against Brad Armstron as he beat Bassarb in two minutes flat!  Again, the masked trio plays dumb to the allegations of questionable tactics.

Bassarab along with McCord and Brad Armstrong come out to confront the masked trio.  Brad Armstrong is fuming about how MX-1 keeps insulting not only himself but Bassarab who he admits nearly took the title from him last week.  The three want a rematch TONIGHT to put MX-1 and the Assassins in their place and the match is quickly granted by Stu Hart and lets us know it is coming up next. 

Promos for Monday’s show in the Corral in Calgary 

6 MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Ben Bassarab, Ric McCord & Brad Armstrong vs The Assassins & MX-1

First of all, I will admit to some bad booking here as I should not have used the World Light Heavyweight Champion on a card without some promos as we are in the business of selling tickets and a surprise match would not have done that but this show was just too short due to some upcoming roster changes that I was stuck.  Sorry.

As for the match a bit of a wild one with the masked trio trying all sorts of shenanigans but they could not find a way to come up with the win.  MX-1 resorted to the same gimmick he tried earlier in the evening as Assassin #1 handed MX-1 some object which he stuffed inside the mask.  The problem was that Brad Armstrong had seen the earlier match and knew what to expect.  As MX-1 went for the headbutt, Armstrong smashed him face first into the turnbuckle and MX-1 basically knocked himself out and Brad made the easy pin as Bassarab and McCord made sure the Assassin didn’t make the save.

Promos for Monday’s show the Corral  

Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan vs Paul Orndorff

This is the first time in a long time that somebody has gotten so under the skin of the Nature Boy that he might have actually put his title on the line before thinking.  We get a great 30 minute match here and the video highlights pick it as Flair shoves Orndorff into the ref and down he goes.  Heenan sees his chance to save Flair and he grabs a chair as Flair hold’s Orndorff.

WHAM…. Heenan, who is still in a neck brace from the chair shot by Orndorff two weeks, crushes Orndorff in with the steel chair.

This allows Flair to do whatever he wants and what he wants to do is punish Orndorff.  We hear Flair say, “Now we go to school,” and locks in the Figure 4.  Orndorff is basically out already from the chair and when the ref comes to, he sees Orndorff’s shoulders down and  makes the three count. 

As Flair and Orndorff celebrate their victory, Stu Hart comes out!

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Jim Davies:  Well… I just don’t know what to say!

Just as the Flair is about to take the microphone, Stu Hart comes and.

Stu Hart:  Eh, not sure if you two think you have proven something tonight but all you have proven to me and these fans is that the Nature Boy needs to cheat to win and he a manager who seems to excel in cheating.

Ric Flair:  All I know is that for years, the wresting world has revolved around me.  I wrote the book on winning.  I wrote the book on making the big bucks.  I wrote the book on the ladies and tonight I wrote the book of how to leave Paul Orndorff laying flat on his back in the center of the ring for the 1…2…3.

Stu Hart:  Eh… I think you are leaving something out… Bobby Heenan… you had a lot to do with that.

Bobby Heenan:  Well… nothing gets by you Stu.  A manager’s job is to guide his clients and that is what I did.

Stu Hart:  You don’t guide with a steel chair.

Heenan and Flair actually have a little laugh at that one.

Stu Hart:  Oh, you two think that is funny. Well, I hope you think this is funny two.  Next week in the Corral in Calgary, Paul Orndorff will get a rematch for the North American Title.

This takes the smile off of Flair and Heenan really quickly.

Stu Hart:  Oh… one more thing…. Bobby Heenan… you are banned from ringside. 

Flair and Heenan are fuming as the crowd goes wild! 

Ed Whalen:  Wow… will Ric Flair find a way out of this one or will Paul Orndorff win the AWA North American Title.

Promos for Monday’s show in the Corral

The Hart Foundation vs The Movement with Special Referee, Stan Hansen

With Hansen making sure there is no nonsense from the Movement, the Hart’s are off to a quick start.  Eventually we get a rake of the eyes by Shaska on Bret which Hansen is all over Whatley for, but the tactic did its job as the Movement takes control.  Bret does a nice job of playing the face in peril as the champs mount a vicious double team attack.  Somehow, Bret gets the tag and we go bonzo-gonzo with all 4 men in the ring.  Neidhart and Whatley end up out on the floor while Hart catches Tiger Conway Jr. in the Northern Lights Cloverleaf and it looks like we might have a new champ.  Hansen keeps asking Tiger if he wants to submit and it looks like it is getting close. 

The crowd stirs as Bad News Allen rushes to the ring and he grabs Hansen by the leg and drags him to the floor.  While there is no ref, it appears that Conway does submit but nobody can be sure.

As Hansen and Allen brawl out on the floor, Sheik Adnan Al Kassie rushes to the ring and comes up from behind Bret Hart who doesn’t see him….

WHAM…. Fire Ball to the face! 

Hart is rolling around on the mat and screaming so loudly that people in the audience actually begin to cry.  The Sheik, who was fired last week by Stu Hart for his brutal attack on Tito Santana, rushes for the ring as Ed Whalen is yelling for both the medics for Bret Hart and the police for Sheik Adnan Al Kassie. 

DING…. DING… DING

The bell rings and we here AWA top official, Gene Kiniski on the microphone saying that due to outside interference, the winners of the match by disqualification are Bret Hart and Jim Neidhart but since the win was by DQ, the World Titles stay with Conway Jr. and Whatley.

The crowd erupts in anger as the champs scoop up their belts and run for the hills as debris rains down on them.  The Movement and Sheik Adnan Al Kassie have quickly gone from hated to enemy #1 and 2 here in Canada. 

Bret Hart is rushed out of the arena with a towel covering his face as he needs serious medical attention.  

Ed Whalen (back in the studio):  Folks, this is usually the time Stu hart comes out and announces the card for the week’s big show but first, we have a video interview that was sent to us from Sheik Adnan Al Kassie.  I will also add that the video tape was sent to us from a post-office in a small town outside of Vancouver as it seems like the Sheik is on the run and trying to stay away from Alberta authorities. 

Sheik Adnan Al Kassie:  Hala Ed Whalen.  Assalum Alaikum.  Insha Allah Masha Allah.  Ahlan Marhaba Wa Sahla.  I know many of you in the Stampede Wrestling area want the Sheik to pay and all I ask is that you think about that for a minute.  All I have done is to outsmart you…. All I have done is found a way to put down my enemies… to make sure that I continued to do what the Prince of Jordon asked… to rid Stampede Wrestling of its plaques of locust.  Would you not do what was asked of you by your simple government.  It is unfortunate but here in Stampede Wrestling, the sins of the father became the sins of the son.  Bret Hart must pay for his father’s actions.  Stu Hart may have had a vision for Stampede Wrestling but his vision was one of  corruption.  Corruption that may have cost his son the ability to ever see again but Stu Hart will have to live with that.  I know the  people of Canada can’t see it but I have taught Stu Hart the difference in right and wrong. I also know that I can not return to the area as my life is in jeopardy.  Fear not, honorable Sgt. Slaughter…. Fear not, honorable ones Gamma Singh and Butch Moffit…. I am sending you help and that help will be in the tv studio next Sunday morning.  Fans of Stampede Wrestling… be careful what you ask for people of Stampede Wrestling as this person, might be worse than me!

When the video is over, we see Stu Hart just shaking his head.

Stu Hart:  Ehh,  all I can say is that Stampede Wrestling is a better place today with the Sheik gone and if he ever does return to Alberta, Canada, the authorities will be ready for him.  Let’s get to the big card this Monday night in Calgary.

THE CORRAL:  CALGARY:  SEPTEMBER 29, 1984

Gamma Singh vs Ron Ritchie

Jim Neidhart vs Butch Moffit

Tito Santana’s First Interview Since his Injury

AWA STAMPEDE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Sgt. Slaughter vs Jim Neidhart

Stan Hansen vs Bad News Allen

Ric Flair without Bobby Heenan vs Paul Orndorff

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Corral in Calgary now as it is going to be one hot ticket with all two big titles matches.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Action packed opening as Armstrong/Bassarab and McCord have enough of MX-1 and the Assassins and take them down in an impromptu match. 

Flair and Heenan get one over on Orndorff but they might pay for that as a rematch is ordered with Heenan barred! 

Chaos in the AWA tag title bout! Bad News and Hansen brawl as Adnan fireballs Bret! WOW! Adnan is sending someone more dangerous than him? This is trouble! And once again the Movement walk out with the titles. 

The feuds are red hot in Stampede! 

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

October 5

Broadcasting to our local affiliates in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and North and South Dakota, the American Wrestling Association proudly presents Rocky Mountain Wrestling, coming to you from the KCNS studios in Denver. 

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you to Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   Once again, my partner this week will be the one and only, Dory Funk Jr.  Last Monday night down both Dory and I were in the Auditorium in Albuquerque were there was a wild night of wrestling and I can’t say that my co-host stayed completely out of the action. 

Dory Funk Jr.:  Let’s save that for a little later in the show as we need to get to some of the highlight of the tremendous card down there in New Mexico.      

Man Mountain Link vs Rufus Jones

A nice tussle between two big men that sees Rufus start the night off in the right way as far as the fans are concerned as he catches Link with 3 big headbuts and then catches him with a huge running shoulder block!

Promos for Monday’s show at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City  

Johnny Rich vs Taras Bulba

Johnny Rich continues to show he can brawl and when things get dirty in this one, it seems like Rich is at his best.  Unfortunately, he was not ready for Bulba to reach into his trunks and clock him with a pair of brass knuckles.  Rich went down in defeat tonight, but it is obvious that he has plenty of fight in him to return for another bout.

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Atlas in a Persian Club Contest

Before we even get to this segment, we see some video of the Persian Clubs being placed behind a set of ropes right by the entrance to Albuquerque Auditorium where fans coming in are given a chance to swing the clubs above their own heads.  We see a few examples of some big guys failing miserable and then laughing about it as they head to their seats.

Volkoff and the Sheik doing their normal entrance which has the fans chanting USA, USA as Atlas and Sweet Brown Sugar come to the ring.  It is obvious that Sugar has some bad feelings about this one as he comes out with Atlas to help protect him.

The Sheik again mocks Atlas and his useless muscles as he explains that the contest will be how many times you can swing the 150 pound clubs over your head.  He also claims that he is the World record holder in this event as he once swung the clubs an amazing 96 times.

The Iron Sheik decides he is going to go first.  You tell he has had a lot of experience with this as he is just so smooth ….10…..20….30…..40….50 ….60  flawless up until this point but you can see he is beginning to tire.  70….. as the form starts to break down…. 80…..   The Sheik is grimacing and gives everything he has and eekks out an amazing 93 reps.

The Iron Sheik:  I told you, Mr. USA, that your strength doesn’t even compare to mine.  Good luck.

Atlas smiles as he grabs the clubs for the first time in his life and lifts them above his head.  He starts to swing them but it looks really awkward.  Many in the crowd think he isn’t even going to get to 10 as the Sheik is mocking him.

5….10….15…. When all of a sudden Atals just catches on to the form.  25….35…55….75.  Atlas isn’t even breaking a sweat. 

Cowboy Bob:  There it is 85….90…91.

The Sheik is in shock and pacing all over the ring.   92….93….94…95…96….97

Cowboy Bob:  There you have it… Atlas has beaten the Sheik at his own game.   A new world record. 

100…105….110 and Tony Atlas finally slams the clubs down as the crowd is screaming USA….USA!

WHAM!   As Atlas is up balancing on the middle rope encouraging the USA chant, the Iron Sheik has picked up one of the Persian Clubs and nailed Sweet Brown Sugar in the head.  He is down and bleeding all over the place. 

Volkoff and the Sheik now go to work on Atlas as they are fuming about the Atlas showing them up!

Lucky for Tony Atlas, both Rufus Jones and Johnny Rich rushed down to the ring to help fight off the Foreign Menaces. 

Back in the TV studio we here from Tony Atlas:

Tony Atlas:  Cowboy Bob… Dory…. I just don’t know what to say.  What type of man does it take to hit another man in the head with a 150 pound object?  The Sheik could have really ended the career of Sweet Brown Sugar or even worse! 

Cowboy Bob:  Folks… for those that were not in Albuquerque last Monday, I need you to trust me that it was one of the scariest things I have ever seen.  All we know right now is that Sweet Brown Sugar will be out of wrestling for quite some time.  He did have bleeding on the brain but seems to be doing a little better each day.  For those Sweet Brown Sugar fans out there, you can send him all of your well wishes to right here to KCNS studios in Denver and we will make sure to get them to him.

Dory Funk Jr.:  Tony, I know this is a ways down the road but you and Sweet Brown Sugar are the Rocky  Mountain tag team champs.  How are you going to defend that title with your partner out of action for a while?

Tony Atlas:  To tell you the truth, that title is the last thing on my mind right now. I got a friend laying up in some hospital bed and that is the only thing my mind can focus on right now.  The only thing I know is that somehow, somewhere…. The Iron Sheik is going to get what he has coming to him!

Dory Funk Jr:  Well Tony, you are going to get that shot this Monday in the Salt Palace.

Tony eyes seem to narrow and you can tell he is visualizing the beating he is going to give the Sheik.

Promos for the Salt Palace

Ron Bass & Black Bart with JJ Dillon vs Mike George & Eric Embry

Bart and Bass come out playing the heels as they are all dressed in black and they are cracking those big bullropes on the mat but  most surprising was that James J. Dillon accompanied the Outlaws to the ring. 

It is Embry who does the most heelish thing here as he attacks before the bell.  The difference is the crowd loves it!  The problem was that this match got a little wild and with the ref losing control, we see Black Bart hit a low blow on Mike George and he followed it up with the Ghordbuster for the win!

The post-match-interview focused on JJ Dillon and his arrival in Rocky Mountain Wrestling as Dory Funk Jr. asked him why he was with Bass and Dillon tonight instead of Ernie Ladd.

JJ Dillon:  Ernie Ladd called me and gave me an offer I couldn’t resist.  He said that now that he is the Rocky Mountain Champion, he needs to focus on keeping that title and might not be able to spend as much time training and watching out for the members of his elite task force so he has asked me to help manage Ron Bass and Black Bart.  Ernie and I both agree that these two are championship material and he wants to make sure that they get those belts in the near future.

Cowboy Bob:  Does that mean the Outlaws are no longer in Ernie Ladd’s Army?

Ron Bass:  I will answer that.  JJ Dillon is our manager, but we are still members of Ernie Ladd’s Army and whenever he needs, we will be there. 

Cowboy Bob:  Mr. Dillon, will you be managing anyone else here in Rocky Mountain Wrestling  

JJ Dillon:  I am a business man.  If something comes around that can make me money… you bet I will be jumping on it. 

Dr. Death vs Jos Leduc

This match was everything you would expect from these two big hosses.  It was powerful, brutal and for those in the know, full of great selling.  In the end, we get the double count-out with each one brawling on the floor.  The ringing of the bell did nothing to slow these two down as the brawl just continued until they wore themselves out

Ox Baker vs Sonny King

A WARNING IS GIVEN TO THE VIEWERS THAT WHAT WE ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN

Sonny stunned Ox last week with the Bolo Punch and Ox demanded this rematch and he is still fuming over the loss.  Ox is one scary dude and tonight, he means business,  King gets a few moments on top but this is all Ox.  After about 8 minutes of destroying Sonny King, Ox sets him up for the Heart Punch!

There is where the screen goes black and we see the Rocky Mountain President, Don Slatton, has joined Cowboy Bob and Dory Funk Jr.  We find out from Cowboy Bob that the reason the video tape was stopped was because Ox Baker actually used the Heart Punch on Sonny King another 6!

Lawman Don:  Folks, that is the reason we placed the warning before showing those highlights and you can also see why we have banned Ox Baker from being on television for the last few months.  You never know what Ox is going to do and it is obvious, that he was out of control last Monday night.  He was not out trying to win a wrestling match but to hurt someone or maybe even worse.  While Rocky Mountain Wrestling has debated whether the Heart Punch should be legal at all, we never thought that Ox would use it 7 times in one match.  Due to his violent and unpredictable nature, Rocky Mountain Wrestling has suspended Ox Baker while we conduct a full investigation into his mental capacity. 

Dory Funk:  Well there you have it folks… Ox Baker is out of Rocky Mountain Wrestling.

Lawman Don:  Unfortunately, Dory, so is Sonny King.  He has suffered some damage to his heart and will not be allowed to wrestle again until he passes a complete physical. 

Chris Adams vs Kevin Von Erich

Kevin is here for revenge after the beating Chris gave Mike VonErich last week and Kevin doesn’t disappoint as he takes it to the Gentleman for the first phase of the match.  The problem came when Kevin got a little too excited and rushed into the corner too quickly.  Adams moved out of the way and Kevin hit the corner hard.  Phase two saw Adams violently attack VonErich but this was short lived as Kevin just couldn’t be stopped tonight.  He was lucky to duck under a superkick before using the Iron Claw to weaken Adams enough for the Von Erich Leap and the three count for the win.

Post-Match Interview:

When Dory asked how beating Chris Adam’s felt, Kevin surprised us with his answer.

Kevin VonErich:  Well Dory… to tell you the truth, all I could think of was getting even for what Chris did to Mike last week and with each blow I felt better and better but now that I think about it… that was one of the toughest things I ever had to do.  I mean Chris was also like a brother to me…. I don’t know what went wrong….  Chris must have had some real anger built up to do what he did.  I hope someday, I can understand what went wrong. 

Dory Funk Jr.  Kevin, you are a better man than me. If someone did that to my brother, I would never want to understand why they did it. I would just be pounding them from morning to night.

Ernie Ladd with Grizzly Boone vs Manny Fernandez

A big hitting brawl that sees Ernie Ladd hit the Big Boot for the clean win.  I know… unusually for Rocky Mountain Wrestling but we must keep the champ looking strong.

The chaos did happen when Ladd called in Grizzly Boone after the match and Boone hit Fernandez with a Giant Splash.  The attack went on for a minute or two before two things happened.  One that was expected as Blackjack Mulligan hit the ring.  The other, a bit of surprise that had the fans in Albuquerque really going wild as Dory Funk Jr joined Blackjack in making the save. 

Soon we had Mulligan and Funk in control of the ring with Ladd and Boone heading for the hills.  Mulligan and Funk shook hands and the cheers from the crowd nearly brought the house down. 

As the show ends, we find out the main event in the Salt Palace will be Blackjack Mulligan and Dory Funk Jr. vs Ernie Ladd and Grizzly Boone.

Cowboy Bob:  Folks…. All I can saw is that this has been an awful week in Rocky Mountain Wrestling.  First we see Sweet Brown Sugar go down at the hands of the Sheik and then Sonny King take a savage beating by Ox Baker.  I want to send them my well wishes and promise all you fans out there that there will be better days ahead.  So long from Denver.

October 7, 1984

THE SALT PALACE

Kendall Windham vs Rudy Diamond

Mike VonErich vs Hollywood John Tatum

Mike George vs Taras Bulba

Johnny Rich vs Jos Leduc

Manny Fernandez & Eric Embry vs Black Bart & Ron Bass with JJ Dillon

Rufus Jones vs Nicolai Volkoff

SPECIAL EVENT:

Persian Club Challenge

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Atlas

MAIN EVENT

Ernie Ladd & Grizzly Boone vs Blackjack Mulligan & Dory Funk Jr. 

The violence has gone to a new level in the Rocky Mountains! 

Bulba nails Rich with the brass knuckles to get the win but Johnny Rich will fight another day. 

Atlas beats the Sheik at his own game and the Sheik is irate. Man he did a number on SBS with the club! Atlas vs. Sheik will be a war! 

JJ arrives and is now managing Bart and Bass! It wont be long before they get some gold. 

Talk about a fight. Dr. Death and Leduc brawl to a double c.o. This one has only just begun. 

7 Heart punches!!!! Damn! Ox shows why he's as dangerous as ever as he sends Sonny King to the hospital. This was really well done on TV showing how brutal and graphic it was. What's next for Ox and who's going to want to get in the ring with him??? 

Kevin gets revenge on Adams but seems like he wants to help him return to his old self. We'll see how this plays out. 

Ladd gets the win over Manny but the story is after the match as Mulligan and Dory unite against Ladd and Grizzly! Cant wait for that tag match. 

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

October 6, 1984

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Corral in Calgary and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show so let’s not waste any time and get you right to the action.   

Gamma Singh vs Ron Ritchie

The interesting thing here was the Gamma Singh came out alone instead of some new manager which the people were expecting after last weeks video from Sheik Adnan Al Kassie promising a replacement to arrive and take his place.  As for the match, Gamma Singh used an eye rake to take control and wear Ritchie down before he finally caught him in the Camel Clutch and got the submission wi

Post-match interview with Jim Davies as he introduces Dave Morgan to the Stampede audience. 

Morgan is the reigning British Commonwealth Middleweight Champion and he says that he is here in Stampede to defend his title.  Davies lets him know that he will have some stiff competition here as there are some great Middleweights including Gamma Singh who we just say, MX-1, Ben Bassarab and Ric McCord.

Butch Moffat vs Verlon Biggs

Moffat wins this slugfest that turned real dirty by hitting Biggs with a chair after the ref had gotten knocked dow.  Again, everyone was waiting to see if a new manager would appear for yet another of Sheik’s former stable members but nothing happened. 

The Assassins (Kurt Von Hess & Randy Colley) vs The British Bulldogs

The masked duo tries every trick in the books including some switch-a-roos but nothing puts them over the Bulldogs who seem to be really on their game.  In the end, Davey Boy Smith hits the powerslam on Assassin #1 for the win. 

In a quick post-match interview, the Bulldogs let everyone know that they are thinking of Bret Hart and how disgusted they were when Sheik Adnan Al Kassie threw that fireball at Hart.  They also express that they would love one more shot at the Stampede tag titles once Bret Hart is cleared to wrestle again.

Promos for Monday’s show in Edmonton

Tito Santana’s First Interview Since his Injury

A quick video is shown to the audience from when the Sheik tried to hang Tito Santana over the top rope.  As the video ends, we see Jim Davies in the ring with Tito.

Jim Davies:  I am sure I speak for everyone here tonight.  It is great to have you back.  That video we just saw was really scary.

Tito Santana:  Thanks Jim!  It has been hard staying home the last few weeks and watching all the action.  I can tell you that I am not 100% yet but I think I am healthy enough to get back in the ring and hopefully get back in the hunt for the Stampede Heavyweight TItle.  Just want to say thanks for all the support over the last few weeks and I can’t wait to put the tights on again.  Ariba!

AWA STAMPEDE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Sgt. Slaughter vs Jim Neidhart

With Neidhart already in the ring, we hear the crowd begin to stir…

Ed Whalen:  No… I can’t be.

Leading Sgt. Slaughter to the ring… is the most arrogant Brit ever.  It is none other than John Foley and he is in full German Fatigues from helmet to marching stick to Hitler mustache.  Why would a Brit be wearing German fatigues you ask?  Foley will tell you it is simple.  Britain should be at war with the lowlife Canadians who show no respect to Mother Britain and when at war…. Dress as the greatest General in history…. Yes … you guessed it…. One Adolf Hitler.    

The crowd is incensed as Foley holds the rope down for Sgt. Slaughter to come through and the two give each other a big salute as the match gets underway.  Neidhart and Slaughter both start cautiously and we get a rather long feeling out period.  These two have some history as they have been everything from tag team partners to mortal enemies. 

Foley knows all the tricks and is able to trip up Neidhart which gives Slaughter the momentum.  Slaughter works on softening up the neck off Neidhart but misses the Cannon Lariat and Neidhart goes back on top. Foley is marching outside the ring concerned about his champion.

WHAM…. Powerslam by Neidhart.

1…2…

WHAM!  Foley himself has entered the ring and stopped the count as he crashed down on the Anvil with an elbow.

Quickly re-enforcements have hit the ring.  It is Gamma Singh and Butch Moffit working over the Anvil.

The crowd explodes as it is none other the injured Tito Santana and Bret Hart (in sunglasses) and they explode on the heels.  The problem was that it was still 4-3 as Foley is active in this brawl!

Ed Whalen:  No, it can’t be…. Stu Hart has hit the ring and he is all over Foley.

Soon the fan favorites control the ring as Foley has his Army thinking about another attack but they decide retreat is the better part of valor. 

POST-MATCH INTERVIEWS:

Jim Davies:  Well Stu, I haven’t seen you this angry in a long time!

Stu Hart:  Ehhh, not sure what to say but that uhhhh John Foley just makes my blood boil.  He has no respect for us here in Canada and I just uuuhhh get sick thinking about him.  I will have a surprise for him and his army up in Edmonton this week. 

Ed Whalen caught up with John Foley in the back.

Ed Whalen:  I must say that I am shocked to see you back in Stampede as I know how much you hate Canada.

JR Foley:  Now Mr. Whalen… I don’t hate Canada.  I just want you ingrates to learn some respect but it seems that you people aren’t smart enough to do that.  I will lead the revolution against the colonists…. Yes… please remember you are nothing but colonists who are to serve the Queen!

Ed Whalen:  Well, it seemed like your Army was in retreat tonight?

JR Foley:  Retreat…. What are you talking about?  We just protected our #1… Sgt Slaughter.  The battle was to retain the North American Title and we did just that!  Since we achieved our mission the Foley Army is going to part tonight.  It will be the greatest party Calgary has ever seen.  Would you like to come to the party Mr. Whalen?

Ed Whalen:  Well…

JR Foley:  Well nothing…. YOU ARE NOT INVITED!

Ed Whalen:  Why did I fall for that?

Not much to say here…. Pure violence that ends in a double count-out with Hansen and Allen brawling all over the arena.  This feud is just getting started and we are going to see these two go at until one of them can’t make it to the next fight!

Ric Flair without Bobby Heenan vs Paul Orndorff

Not that Flair doesn’t have enough skill to go it without Heenan but with the Brain banned from ringside, Flair has lost a piece of his security blanket.   

As for the match, many near falls as Orndorff hit a piledriver but the champ was to close to the ropes and Flair locked in the Figure 4 but Ordorff was able to reverse it.  Flair again was able to get the forced break by reaching the ropes.  At one point, Flair grabs Orndorff by the trunks and pulls him into the ref who falls through the middle ropes and appears to have hit his head. 

Next thing we see is an attacker with a studded color rush to the ring and hit two big suplexes on Orndorff and then climb to the middle rope….

WHAM… Giant Splash on Orndorff and the attacker rushes to the back!

As the ref comes to, all Flair has to do is cover Orndorff for the easy win.

Heenan rushes out and celebrates with the Nature Boy.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW WITH JIM DAVIES:

Jim Davies:  Ok Bobby Heenan… What was that?

Bobby Heenan:  I have no idea.

Jim Davies:  Ric Flair… what about you.?  Who was that man who attacked Paul Orndorff?

Ric Flair:  No idea.  I am the Nature Boy and I have fans all over the world.  It could have been anyone.  On the other hand, I am sure Paul Orndorff has a lot of people who hate him as much as I do and it could have been that.  All I know is that I am still the champ and tonight the ladies in Calgary better be ready for the best there is…. Space Mountain if you will as Ric Flair is ready to ride All Night Long!

Stu Hart comes out…

Stu Hart:  ehhhh Ric Flair…. Bobby Heenan … how stupid do you think I am?

Bobby Heenan:  Do you really want me to answer that?

Stu Hart:  ehhhhh no more smart mouthed answers from you.  I know you two had something to do with that attack on Paul Orndorff tonight.  I am happy to announce that doctors have just checked on Paul and he will be fine.

Ric Flair:  Happy for who?

Stu Hart:  as I was saying…. Since he is fine and I know you two set up the attack…. next Monday in Edmonton it will be Paul Orndorff getting another shot at the North American Title.  This time…. Of anyone not named Ric Flair touches Paul Orndorff the entire night, Ric Flair will be stripped of his title.

As Flair and Heenan start to interrupt, Hart continues and lets Bobby Heenan know that he will be at ringside for that match.  As Heenan finally seems happy about one thing Hart finishes by saying that is because Bobby Heenan will be suspended in a cage 10 feet above the ring and if Orndorff wins, he gets 5 minutes in the ring with Heenan.

Flair and Heenan are outraged! 

Stu Hart comes out and announces the full card for this Monday in Edmonton.   

THE SALES PAVILION:  EDMONTON:  OCTOBER 7, 1984

Moose Morowski vs Verlon Biggs

Assassin #2 vs Rick McCord

British Commonwealth Middle Weight Title Match

Dave Morgan vs Ben Bassarab

Ric Flair wit Bobby Heena suspended above the ring in a cage vs Paul Orndorff

MAIN EVENT

8 MAN TAG MATCH

Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Tito Santana & Stu Hart  vs  Gamma Singh, Butch Moffat, Sgt. Slaughter & JR Foley

Ed Whalen:  Folks, make sure to get your tickets to the Pavilion now as it is going to be a wild one in Edmonton.  So, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

The whole Persian Club gimmick on the Rocky Mountain show was fantastic. Just great stuff all around!!

J.J. with Bart and Bass is a great fit. Looking forward to seeing if anyone else hooks up with that group.

Loved the Ox Baker write out!

Liked the way you went with Adams and Von Erich. Many possibilities for a direction with that ending.

Dory Jr is in the fight now, and Ladd's control is falling apart.

Rocky Mountain is turning into a very interesting place!

Agree with Edger that bringing in Morgan with the British Title is an awesome idea.

Good to see Tito back.

Slaughter goes from the Sheik to a Nazi! Oh man, the heat has gotta be insane.

Oh Shit, now Stu is throwing punches!!

The Lariat and Bad News aren't gonna be happy until one of them is dead!!

Who the hell attacked Orndorff?

Heenan is going in the shark cage!!! and if Wonderful wins he gets five minutes with The Brain....oh a big night in Edmonton!!!

Good Stuff Man!!

Bringing in Morgan as the British Middleweight champ is a great idea. Immediately gets him over. 

Tito is back! Ariba! 

Shock of the night, Foley arrives to take Adnan's spot! Talk about a heat magnet in Stampede. His men already get into a brawl with Tito and the Hart Foundation and now Stu is involved!  A new chapter in this saga. 

Awesome seeing Hansen and Bad News brawling. This may never ever get resolved LOL. 

Oh man who attacked Orndorff??? That might not of been wise because now Orndorff gets a rematch and Heenan will be above the ring. I can only imagine what Orndorff will do with Heenan if he wins the match. 

bPcgGLA.jpg?1

October 12

From peak to peak and valley to valley we welcome you to Rocky Mountain Pro Wrestling.    I am Cowboy Bob Tallman and we are coming to you tonight from the KCNS studios in Denver.   I will be flying solo this week as Dory was back where he belongs… in the squared circle.  Last Monday night I was at the Salt Palace in Salt Lake City where we were treated to a great night of action.  Let’s see some of the highlights. 

Kendall Windham vs Rudy Diamond

It is great to see the Sweet Water, Texas high school student back in the ring after he was attacked by Ernie Ladd a few weeks back.  That attack has made Windham even more popular and the fans really exploded when he hit the Running Bulldog for the win.

In a quick interview, Windham lets everyone know that wrestling is in his blood and he just wants to keep improving each and every week.  When asked about Ladd, he admitted that the Big Cat might beout of his league right now but his Daddy taught him to never back down from a fight and he will be ready for Ladd’s Army next time.  He also reminded Ladd that he better be ready tonight as Daddy and Dory are coming for the Army!

Promos for Monday’s show at the Denver Auditorium

John Tatum beats John Torres with the Superkick

Before we get to this match, lets break kayfabe for a minute.  This match was to be Mike VonErich vs John Tatum to try and get Mike to start to rebuild his credibility as he has taken his lumps of late.  In real life, this would be Tatum’s 11 match which were all loses to this date so basically it was VonErich getting a little push vs the jobber but that all changed on Wednesday.  Mulligan, who had told Fritz that he would take Mike under his wing, called Fritz and said he did not think wrestling was for Mike and he was sending him home.  Some in the know say that Mulligan wants to start taking his 16 year old son, Kendall, under his wing and doesn’t want to spend any spare time helping the young VonErich.  Whether it is Mulligan not wanting to help Mike or Mike truly not interested in wrestling, we will never know.  All we do know is Mike is headed home.  All of this allowed Tatum to rise above jobber and get a little push here as he gets his first win in Rocky Mountain Wrestling.

Mike George vs Taras Bulba

Both these two big wrestlers seem to enjoy the rough stuff and it seems to be a little stiff.  Taras Bulba seemed to have George in some trouble after he rammed George’s head into the ringpost but George made the comeback with the shoulder breaker for the win. 

The interesting part here was that when Cowboy Bob was in the back trying to get a post-match interview, we overhear Ernie Ladd berating Bulba and basically giving him an ultimatum to win or else! 

Cowboy Bob:  Taras Bulba better be at his best.  The last two times we heard things like that from Ernie Ladd, Sonny King and Eric Embry ended up be beating out of the Army!

Johnny Rich vs Jos Leduc

Rich continues to take on some of the big boys here in Rocky Mountain and do very well. The problem here was that Leduc might have been a tad too powerful.  He had locked in the Bearhug a few times but Rich refused to submit.  Taras Bulba came to ringside attempting to get back on the good side of Ernie Ladd by helping out another member of Ladd’s Army.  Bulba tripped up Rich as Johnny came off the ropes and the ref saw this and called for the bell giving the DQ win to Johnny Rich.    Bulba knew that he was in trouble and tried to apologize to Jos Leduc but Leduc was having none of it.  In the end, instead of shaking hands, Leduc shoved Bulba to the ground and stormed off.

Manny Fernandez & Eric Embry vs Black Bart & Ron Bass with JJ Dillon

Embry wants Bass so bad he can taste it.  They used to be partners but Embry seems to have taken all the blame for when they lost the Rocky Mountain tag titles and was beaten out of Ernie Ladd’s Army.  Sense then, Embry has done everything in his power to get even with any member of the Army.  Tonight, he has found an awesome partner in Manny Fernandez and together, they are going to try and take it to the Outlaws. 

All that can be said about this one is …. Violent!

Unfortunately, Manny ends up being laid out by a ghordbuster by Bass on the outside of the ring and Embry basically has to go it alone.  He puts up a great fight but it is basically 3-1 when you count Dillon.  Embry ends up wearing a crimson mask before finally being pinned by Bart after a big Leg Drop.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

JJ Dillon:  I want you all to listen and listen good.  Revenge and motivation can only take a person so far.  Eric Embry gave it his best tonight but it just goes to show you that skill is the number one factor in deciding who wins a match.  The Outlaws are just too big… to strong… and too NASTY!  They are by far the best tag team in Rocky Mountain Wrestling.

Ron Bass:  Eric Embry… I will never get tired of beating you.  Each week if you think you have a new partner who can handle the Outlaws, feel free to sign your name on the dotted line. 

Black Bart:  I don’t care who it is Embry.  Bring back Manny Burrito if you like.  I don’t care if it is Blackjack Mulligan.  Even go out and get Andre the Giant.  It won’t matter.  Dag Nabbit, the Outlaws will beat anyone around and we will have fun doing it.

Rufus Jones vs Nicolai Volkoff

The poor people of Salt Lake City have to see Volkoff wave the flag and sing the Anthem and they are hoping that Rufus can shut up the big Russian.  Rufus starts like a house afire as it is obvious this has nothing to do with wrestling but is more like a Street Fight.  Volkoff changed the momentum for the last time when he tossed Jones across the ring and Jones hit his head on the Russian flag pole which was propped in the corner.  This was all Volkoff needed as he gave it to Jones pretty good before hitting him with the Backbreaker for the win.

The Iron Sheik vs Tony Atlas

The USA chants started early in this one and never seemed to end.  Atlas was like a machine tonight and you could tell he wanted revenge for the brutal attack by the Sheik on his tag team partner, Sweet Brown Sugar. 

The Sheik is a top talent and had his moments but when he locked in the Camel Clutch and Atlas just seemed to push up out of it, the Sheik knew he was in for a long night  Atlas gets the win following a Military Press Slam.

Volkoff rushed down to attack Atlas put he, to was quickly Pressed Slam and Atlas had just taken care of the Foreign Menaces all by himself.  The problem was that Volkoff and Sheik were gathering outside of the ring and looked ready to attack Atlas 2-1.  The crowd cheered as a bandaged Freight Train Jones rushes into the ring to even things out.  Knowing the fight in Jones and the power in Atlas, The Sheik and Volkoff retreat to fight another day.

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW WITH ATLAS & JONES

Rufus Jones:  Fans, I just want to say I am sorry about letting that Russian get the best of me tonight.

Tony Atas:  You got nothing to be sorry about brother.  Everyone knows what you did out there tonight.  You saved me from their 2-1 attack and for that I thank you.  One thing I know is that I am getting sick and tired of these two.  They talk about how superior they are to Americans and that Americans aint nothing but the only time they want a piece of Tony Atlas is when they have an advantage in numbers.  What do you say Freight Train… Let’s take  them on next week in Denver in a Rocky Mountain Street Fight!

Rufus Jones:  Now Tony… you are talking my language… tapped fists…. Come as you want…. Leave your opponent bloodied!

Cowboy Bob:  Well, we will just have to see if those two are brave enough to accept this match.

Rocky Mountain President, Lawman Don Slatton comes out and explains that he is the matchmaker and he doesn’t care if they sign the contract or not.  “If those two want a job, they will be in Denver next week for a Rocky Mountain Street Fight.”

MAIN EVENT

Ernie Ladd & Grizzly Boone vs Blackjack Mulligan & Dory Funk Jr. 

The interesting part here was that Funk was throwing off both Ladd and Boone because he made this a wrestling match.  They were pretty good at the brawling aspect but each time Funk used his technical skill they had some trouble.  Mulligan and Ladd went at it for a good portion of the match but neither were involved in the decision.  With Mulligan and Ladd fighting out on the floor, Dory and Boone were the legal men in the match.  Somehow Funk got Boone to the ground and know we see why Dory is a former world champion.  He just keeps working over that right leg to the point that even if Boone got to his feet again, he would be useless.  Funk picks up that big leg of Boon’s and starts to step over it and goes into the spinning toe hold.  The crowd explodes as Dory gets the win!

Cowboy Bob:  Folks…. What a difference a week makes.  Last week we saw the bad guys send both Sweet Brown Sugar and Sonny King to the hospital, but this week we see Ladd’s Army and the other heels in Rocky Mountain Wrestling have a real tough night.  All I can say is that I hope it continues next week in Denver as Ernie Ladd is putting his Rocky Mountain Title on the line vs Blackjack Mulligan.  So long from Rocky Mountain Pro. 

October 14, 1984

THE DENVER AUDITORIUM

Kendall Windham vs Cal Hutchinson

John Tatum vs Rudy Diamond

Mike George vs Man Mountain Link

Eric Embry & Johnny Rich vs Black Bart & Ron Bass with JJ Dillon

Dr. Death vs Grizzly Boone

Manny Fernandez vs Los Leduc

ROCKY MOUNTAIN STREET FIGHT

Tony Atlas & Rufus “Freight Train” Jones vs The Iron Sheik & Nicolai Volkoff

MAIN EVENT

Champion Ernie Ladd vs Blackjack Mulligan. 

Young Kendall is ready for the fight. 

Like the breaking kayfabe moment explaining the Mike Von Erich situation. Makes total sense that Mulligan would want to focus on his son and let Fritz handle his son. 

Big win for Mike George over Bulba. this was only the beginning for Bulba as he later interferes and pisses of Leduc. Things don't look good for Bulba. 

Damn, Bass and Bart are ruthless as they give Embry a beat down! JJ and his team give a threatening promo. It wont be long before they have some gold. 

Speaking of beatings. Atlas is on fire as he takes it to both Sheik and Volkoff! Rufus joins in and a streetfight is next! That will be a brawl! 

Dory is a master as he uses good ol fashion wrestling to allow him and Mulligan get the big win over Ladd and Boone. 

Will the upcoming Ladd/Mulligan match finally resolve things? I have a feeling it wont LOL. 

Nice win for Kendall to kick off the show!

A potential end of Mike Von Erich as a wrestler and a push for "Hollywood" John..... that all gets a big thumbs up from me!!

Dissension in the Ladd Army! Johnny Rich has to be loving it!

Embry and Manny is a great teaming, and I hope they keep coming at the army.

Rufus and Tony is another fun team up!

Big win for Mulligan and Dory!

I really love the way you've crafted one story into a company wide thing, and it dominates the whole show, but it doesn't feel like "Oh God, more Ladd vs Mulligan Shit." It's all connected, but each part breathes on it's own.

Zwho6Q4.jpg?1

October 13, 1984

Ed Whalen:  Hi everybody and away we go with another edition of Stampede Wrestling.  I am Ed Whalen coming to you from the CHCT Studies in downtown Calgary. Today we will be showing some matches from last Monday in the Sales Pavilion in Edmonton and I promise you another ring-a ding-dong- dandy of a show but before we get to the ring, let’s bring in Stu Hart for a Special Announcement.

Stu Hart:  ehhh, I just wanted to let you know that the AWA World Champion, Ted Dibiase, and the AWA World Tag champs, the Movement will be in the Corral this Monday night.  Dibiase will face whoever the Stampede Champion is after our show tonight and The Movement will face The Hart Foundation for the Tag titles.

Ed Whalen:  Wow, that makes Ric Flair’s match against Paul Orndorff tonight even bigger!  Let’s get the action started tonight. 

Moose Morowski vs Verlon Biggs

Moose is introduced as the most traveled Canadian wrestler ever and even though he has not been in Stampede in quite a while, the fans are very familiar with Moose.  They are used to his dirty tactics and his search for shortcuts but as this match gets going, we see a new Moose.  In fact, he doesn’t really break any rules until Verlon his him with a closed fist.  From her Moose is more than willing to mix it up and after weakens Biggs a bit, he hits Biggs with a 360-pound Giant Splash for the win. 

Post Match Interview with Jim Davies:

Jim Davies:  Well Moose, welcome back to Stampede and I must say that it is a different Moose then we all remember.

Moose Morowski:  Thanks Jim.  I know that I am getting up there in years and might be coming to the end of the wrestling road, but I want one last run to show fans what I can really do and go out on a positive note… hey maybe the Stampede Title… you never know!

Assassin #2 vs Rick McCord

McCord has been struggling of late and unfortunately, this one is no different as once again Assassin #1 and Assassin #2 seem to switch roles and it is too much for McCord. 

The crowd explodes as the British Bulldogs rush the ring and take care of business.  Not only did they give the Assassins a pretty good beating but they were inches from getting the masks off of the Assassins.

Jim Davies gets a quick interview with the Bulldogs where we find out it will be the Bulldogs vs the Assassins in a #1 contenders match for the Stampede Title next week in the Corral.

The Bulldogs demand that the Assassins put their masks on the line which brings out the masked team who wants to know what the Bulldogs are willing to put on the line.

Davey Boy Smith:  We are so confident we will beat you two that we will put our Stampede Wrestling Contracts on the line!

The crowd gasps and Jim Davies tries to get them to take it back.  Everyone who has been watching the Assassins and their bag of tricks knows this might not end well and they do not want the Bulldogs to go!

Unfortunately, the Assassins are willing to take this chance and accept the challenge.

Dave Morgan vs Ben Bassarab

This is the first defense of the Commonwealth title since Stampede joined the AWA back in January.  The fans got a real treat and an eye into what wrestling should look like.  These two started the match with a handshake and ended it with one and in between, they dazzled the fans with some real technical maneuvers.  In the end, Morgan retains the title with an Indian Death Lock.

This brings out John Foley who grabs the house microphone.

John Foley:  Well that was quite a match and it is no surprise that the real Brit got the win over the lowlife colonists.  I mean come on Stu… what are you thinking wasting everyone’s time with Dave Morgan facing Ben …. No chance because I live in Canada…. Bassarab!

Dave Morgan:  Hold on just a …..

John Foley:  Please Dave…. You are form Britain.  Remember your manners.  We don’t interrupt like these beer swilling lumberjacks here in Calgary.  As I was saying, there is once part of the empire that has shown respect to the Queen forever.  The one place that teaches people to work hard.  The one place that…. Well I guess… knows its place and that is in India!  And guess what…. India has produced the greatest middle weight in the world today…. Gamma Singh! Dave Morgan, I challenge you to a British Commonwealth Middleweight Title match next week in the Corral vs Gamma Singh.

Dave Morgan:  As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, Ben Bassarab was giving the title match tonight because he was the number one contender.  As I said last week, I will fight all comers and next week I will enjoy seeing you and Gamma Singh leave the ring with your tails between your legs.  Tally Ho …. John! 

Brawl…. Brawl…. Brawl.  The end here comes when Bad News Allen wraps a chain around his fist and nails Hansen while the ref was down.  Allen gets the pin here as Hansen is busted open.  The interesting thing here was that Allen grabbed Hansen’s cowboy hat that he wore to the ring and placed it on his head as he walked to the locker room.

When asked by Jim Davies why he took the hat, Bad News simply replied, “to the victors goes the spoils.

When Hansen came to and was told what Allen did with his hat, he hightailed to the locker room but to our knowledge, he never found him.

Ric Flair with Bobby Heenan suspended above the ring in a cage vs Paul Orndorff

Obviously one of the highlights here was seeing Heenan placed in the shark cage and then watching it be lifted to a bout 10 feet above the ring.

As for the match, no need for much detail as these two have been battling for weeks now and we know that it will be ful lof momentum turns and near pinfalls so lets get to the finish.

Orndorff is struggling in the corner and the ref backs Flair off.  As the ref turns towards Orndorff, Heenan takes one of those expandable batons out from his cloths and drops it to Flair.  As Flair comes towards Orndorff, he lifts the baton over his head.

The ref sees this and at the last second grabs the baton.  Flair looks shocked as the ref gives him some  stiff admonishment.  Flair turns to go after Orndorff…

WHAM… Orndorff is ready and hits the Nature Boy with a knee to the gut!

WHAM… Orndorff connects with a piledriver

1…2…3.

Ed Whalen:  Oh my …. Orndorff has beaten Ric Flair for the North American Title!  Security guards are coming to the ring and are escorting Flair to the locker room as the shark cage is being lowered to the ring.  Many other of the fan favorites are coming to surround the ring to make sure no nonsense occurs.

PAUL ORNDORFF VS BOBBY HEENAN

5 MINUTESP

This is exactly as you would expect.  A pure beating.  The unlucky thing here for Heenan was that the baton that Heenan tried to give to Flair was still in the ring and Orndorff used it every chance he got. After 5 minutes, Heenan is out cold!

POST-MATCH INTERVIEW:

Paul Orndorff:  One thing I know is that Ric Flair better think again if he thinks he is getting this title back anytime soon.  I beat him tonight in the center of the ring and I will do that time and time again!  Oh, and what a feeling it was to pummel that little weasel for 5 minutes.  Heenan better think again before he claims that Ric Flair is his #1 priority.  He made the wrong choice when he threw me to the curb.  Now he has no title and bruises over 90% of his body.  Wooooooo, what a night!

MAIN EVENT

8 MAN TAG MATCH

Bret Hart, Jim Neidhart, Tito Santana & Stu Hart

Vs

Gamma Singh, Butch Moffat, Sgt. Slaughter & JR Foley

Another wild one that sees a little of everything. It started with the heels attacking before the bell and Foley beating Stu with his riding crop but in the end, Stu put Foley in the stretcher and you could here him submitting for miles.  As the fan favorites celebrate the victory, Ed Whalen pointed out a few things we learned here tonight…

First, it is obvious that Santana and Slaughter still want a piece of each other and second, Bret Hart seems to be okay even though he is wearing those sunglasses to the ring to help prevent the big lights from bothering his eyes after being hit by that fireball from the Sheik.

Ed Whalen:  Boy, do we have a treat for all you wrestling fans in the Prairie Provinces as the bis show this Monday night in the Corral will be coming to you live right here on CHCT channel 2 and what a show it is going to be.  Check out this card!

THE CORRAL:  CLALGARY:  OCTOBER 7, 1984

Moose Morowski vs Ciclon Negro

Ben Bassarab & Ric McCord vs The Military with John Foley 

Dave Morgan vs Gamma Singh

#1 CONTENDERS MATCH:  MASK VS STAMPEDE CONTRACTS

The Assassins vs The British Bulldogs

STAMPEDE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Champion Sgt. Slaughter vs Tito Santana

CALGARY STREET FIGHT

The Movement (Tiger Conway Jr & Shaska Whatley) vs The Hart Foundation

AWA WORLD TITLE MATCH

Ted Dibiase vs Paul Orndorff

Ed Whalen:  Folks, all I can say is that is some wrestling card!  4 title matches, a street fight, a number 1 contender’s match and John Foley introduces his new tag team… The Militia.  Make sure you join us right here on CHCT if you can’t make it to the Corral!  We are just about out of time for this week so, in the meantime and in the in-between time… that’s it, another edition of Stampede Wrestling. 

Edited by kevinmcfl