• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA Pacific Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, June 29th

Tournament for the new AWA Golden State Tag Team Titles

First Round

Mike Rotunda & Dan Spivey vs. Mr. Hito & Masanobu Fuchi

Rotunda pinned Hito after a Samoan Drop

The Starr "Cousins" vs. Keiichi Yamada & The Cobra

Ron Starr pinned Yamada with a power slam after Chicky hit Yamada in the head with a foreign object

The Assassins vs. The Vachon Brothers

Both teams brawled to a double DQ

Hector & Mando Guerrero vs. The Hart Brothers

The Guerreros won by countout when the Starrs pulled down the top rope, causing Bruce to fall out of the ring

Leo Burke vs. Eric Embry

Burke won with a belly to back suplex

Semi-Finals

Mike Rotunda & Dan Spivey vs. The Starr "Cousins"

Chicky was tripped from the outside by the Hart Brothers, setting him up to be hit by Spivey with a Spivey Bomber, followed by the three count

Hector & Mando Guerrero got a bye into the finals

AWA Pacific Television Title Match : "Diamond" Timothy Flowers © vs. Ron Garvin

The Starrs tried to interfere in the match, but were intercepted by the Hart Brothers. As both teams brawled, Eric Embry snuck in the ring and tried to attack Garvin, but Garvin dodged out of the way and Embry hit Flowers instead. Garvin tossed Embry out of the ring, then nailed Flowers with the Hands Of Stone Punch for the pinfall. Garvin became the new AWA Pacific Television Champion. After the match, Flowers and the Starrs beat down Embry and left him laying in the ring.

Tournament finals for the vacant AWA Golden State Tag Team Titles : Mike Rotunda & Dan Spivey vs. Hector & Mando Guerrero

In a long, tense match, Hector was ultimately able to catch Spivey in the Guerrero Clutch to score the victory. The Guerrero Brothers became the first ever AWA Golden State Tag Team Champions.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, on ESPN / TSN , July 5th

The Marauders vs. Willard Smith & James Miller

The Marauders are the new team of Matt Borne and Dick Slater. Slater's influence has seemed to have opened up a sadistic streak in Borne, as the once popular favorite brutalized both Smith and Miller. The two rookies never stood a chance, and Slater swiftly hit Smith with a powerslam before Borne came off the top with the Cannonball to finish him off. But the Marauders didn't have long to gloat over their victory, as Billy Jack Haynes and Phil Hickerson rushed out to the ring and attacked them. This wound up proving to be a very poor decision on the part of Haynes, as he was wearing a neck collar from his previous injury, leading to him being taken out with a nasty clothesline to the back of the neck by Borne. The Marauders then gave a harsh beatdown to Hickerson until security came out and cleared them from the ring.

AWA Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Rock & Roll Express vs. Ed Wiskowski & Doug Somers

Although they did take a loss last week, the Buddy Rose Army are always dangerous in any combination. For this match, the Polish Prince would be teaming with the always devious Doug Somers, and the pair gave the champs a real run for their money. The powerful Wiskowski battered and bullied the Express, while Somers always knew what to sneak in and cut off any comeback by the champions.  Wiskowski looked about to do some real damage when he whipped Morton hard into the corner and charged in for a lariat, only for Morton to dodge out of the way and catch him with a roll up, getting a very fast 3 count. Wiskowski was furious, but the ref stood by his decision, and the Polish Prince was left in the ring swearing vengeance.

Chavo Guerrero vs. Tom Zenk

Both the Brigade and the Embassy were out in full force to cheer their respective representatives on. They eyed each other warily throughout the match and there was always a hint that one side or the other might make their presence felt on the match action itself. This never came to pass as Chavo and Zenk had a close technical match. It seemed like Zenk might take it when he had Chavo lined up for the missile dropkick, but it turned out the more experienced Guerrero was just luring him in and dodged at the last moment. He then hit the flying somersault senton and got the victory. After the match , tensions looked like they might boil over as the Embassy looked set to deal some additional damage to Zenk, while the Brigade looked just as determined to make sure no such thing took place. The two sides bumped chests until the ref called in security to separate the two sides and send them back to the locker room. The ref then ordered security guards stay at different spots near the ring to make sure there was no outside interference for the rest of the show.

AWA Pacific Television Title Match : Ron Garvin © vs. Chicky Starr

With the added security presence at ringside , neither man in this match bothered bringing CanCon or the Diamond Starr Corporation to ringside. Chicky Starr was the first challenger for Garvin's newly won TV title. He kept a string of dirty tactics going against the champ. But the popular Garvin was not easily flustered and kept his cool, blasting back with fiery fists and scientific takedowns. Garvin tried to finish him off with a Sunset Flip , but Chicky blocked it, then pulled some brass knucks on his hands and tried to slug him in the face with it. But Garvin had him well scouted, and dodged the blow, and Chicky wound up driving his own hand hard into the mat. The knucks flew off and Chicky tried to grab for them, but by now Garvin had gotten to his feet and proceeded to stomp hard on Chicky's already damaged hand. He then gave the Garvin Stomp to Chicky before locking him in the figure four, forcing him to give up the match. Garvin is clearly serving notice that he is a champion that will be hard to beat.

AWA Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Buddy Rose © vs. Dino Bravo

Speaking of hard to beat champions, it has been seemingly impossible to take the Heavyweight Title from around Rose's pasty waist. Many contenders have looked like have had him dead to rights, but the Playboy has come out with the title every single time. This time, he would defend against one half of the French Revolution, the beloved French-Canadian Dino Bravo. The experience Bravo certainly took it to Rose, with the Playboy doing his traditional stalling and backpedaling throughout the match. Bravo was trying to set up Rose for the airplane spin, but Rose's flailing elbows managed to catch Bravo in the face and he was forced to drop him. Rose then swiftly caught him in a schoolboy rollup, assisted by a double handful of trunks, and managed to keep his shoulders down for the one two three. After the match, Frank Bonnema interviewed Rose from ringside.

Bonnema : Well , you certainly seem especially smug today, Buddy Rose.

Rose : What you call smug, Bonnema, is simply a calculated and accurate appraisal of my own abilities as a champion. Nobody has come close to taking this title off me. Billy Jack Haynes? He's not going to be getting close to a title shot for a long while. Chris Adams? I sent that limey packing! And now they are sending tag wrestlers after me! Face it, I have gone through all of the contenders and come out on top. The Playboy is going to be the champ for a long …

Buddy Rose was cut off as a security guard grabbed him from behind and dragged him over the guard rail. The guard rained down blows with his nightstick on Rose, administering a vicious and brutal beating on the champ. Eventually the other guards rushed over to stop him, but by then he had dashed off to the back. Before he disappeared completely, he took off his cap and showed who he truly was … "ROWDY" RODDY PIPER! The Hot Scot had made his return and placed his bid for a title shot in the most spectacular and violent way imaginable. Security helped Rose to his feet and to the back but clearly a lot of damage had been done.

Man, so much happening in Pacific! 

Roddy Piper returns! Rose has been taking every challenger down but now he must deal with a crazy Hot Rod! 

Love the team of Slater and Borne! 

Also like the Guerreros playing heels. It pays off as they capture the Golden State tag titles. 

Garvin wins the TV title and it looks like he will be a true fighting champ.

Pacific is defiantly a place where you need friends. 

AWA Pacific Wrestling show from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, July 6th

Four Corners Tag Team Match : The Cobra & Keiichi Yamada vs. Mr. Hito & Masanobu Fuchi vs. The Starr "Cousins" vs. The Hart Brothers

1st Fall : Keiichi Yamada hit a flying reverse bodypress on Fuchi to eliminate Fuchi and Hito

2nd Fall : Chicky Starr hit a low blow from behind on Yamada, allowing Ron Starr to cover him and eliminate Yamada and Cobra

3rd Fall : Keith Hart hit a flying forearm on Chicky Starr to eliminate the Starr "Cousins" and win the match

The Guerreros vs. Mike Rotunda, Dan Spivey & Al Perez

Mando pinned Perez with a German Suplex

The Marauders vs. Billy Jack Haynes & Phil Hickerson

With Haynes injured and wearing a neck collar, Borne and Slater dismantled poor Hickerson, putting him away with a cannonball splash by Borne and even hitting a Spike Piledriver after the match. Hickerson had to be taken out on a stretcher

Roddy Piper vs. Rip Oliver

Oliver came out with his knee bandaged from the nightstick attack by a masked man who later turned out to be Roddy Piper. Piper constantly went after Oliver's leg, mangling it with vicious attacks before finally forcing him to give up to a figure four leglock. After the match, when Oliver was struggling to get back up, Piper kicked his leg out from under him.

AWA Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Rock & Roll Express © vs. The Spoiler & Texas Red

Before the match started, the Rock & Rolls were ambushed by Doug Somers and Ed Wiskowski , who slammed Morton face first into the ring post. Morton wrestled the whole match with a gash in his forehead and blood streaming down his face. Gibson tried to wrestle as much of the match on his own as he could, but being outnumbered by such huge opponents proved to be too much for him. Morton eventually tagged himself in, but his bravery could not overcome the damage already done to him. Red stood him up, grabbed him by his bloody hair, and administered the Heart Punch. One two three and that was it. The Spoiler and Texas Red are the new AWA Pacific Tag Champs.

AWA Pacific Television Title Match : Ron Garvin © vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers

Garvin's partner Leo Burke was at ringside for this return title match. Flowers was attempting a piledriver when Garvin countered with a small package for the pinfall. But while this was happening, somebody grabbed Burke on the outside and gave him a DDT on the concrete. It was Jake "The Snake" Roberts! The Snake stayed long enough to give an evil grin to Garvin when he saw what had happened, then disappeared into the night.

Vancouver Show - 

Borne & Slater is a fun team, even though Marauders is a very "let's hit random team name on TEW/EWR and move on" type of name. :) Haynes & Hickerson is also an odd, but cool face combo. 

Is it a rule that Ed Wiskowski & Doug Somers always get a push in your fed? Seriously though, Rock 'n' Roll's tget the win, as they should, and I'm sure Buddy won't be happy about that. 

Chavo-Zenk was probably a decent match, with the angle of the two armies overshadowing things. 

Now, on the other hand, Garvin-Starr was probably a wild match probably w/ blood, even if neither side was trying to blade. 

Rose-Bravo was good, but the big news was Piper's return. 

You're doing fantastic at basically booking Portland, if it had the money for an actual roster. 

Victoria Show - 

Decent little tag opener, with Yamada learning some of the heel work he'll eventually use in the NJPW-NOAH feud in two decades. 

Big win for The Marauders, and then Hickerson gets spiked. Good stuff. 

Piper is Piper and I'm sure he and Oliver had the type of fun match they'd had 100 times. But the question is, did he kick the leg out of his leg? 

Shocking tag title change, and now, Rock 'n' Roll's vs. Wiskowkis & Somers doesn't have the tag belts to limit various finishes. 

Ron Garvin - Jake The Snake is a fun feud, that could be happening now. 

Harts become serious contenders by winning that 4 corners match.

Slater and Borne do serious damage as Hickerson does the stretcher job.

Piper is going into crazy Piper mode. WATCH OUT! 

Spoiler and Texas Red win the titles! RnR will be looking for serious payback on Sommers and Easy Ed. Gotta say, I'm looking forward to Spoiler's and Red's reign of terror. 

Jake the Snake has arrived! I'm all for a Snake/Garvin feud! This is going to be awesome! 

Agreed with Jesse on the statement of booking Portland with a financial backer (other than Tom Peterson). Thoroughly enjoyed the shows here. 

I'll also agree, the Maruaders name does feel a little... unimaginative... but I'm sure their ring work will make us forget all about that. I've seen worse team names in real life, lol...

Loving the idea of Garvin and Jake. Piper was fun here too, no surprise but still had to say it.

I had Slater and Borne as a team called the Marauders in the last days of the 1983 project, I never felt I got to use them to their full potential and liked them so much that I jumped at the opportunity to bring them together. For my tag team and stable names, I tend to steal from movies and other pop culture. The Marauders was taken from a group of comic book villains responsible for the Morlock Massacre in the X-Men. I thought it was evocative of what a team of Slater and Borne would be like : brutal, dangerous, and a bit crazy.

5 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

I had Slater and Borne as a team called the Marauders in the last days of the 1983 project, I never felt I got to use them to their full potential and liked them so much that I jumped at the opportunity to bring them together. For my tag team and stable names, I tend to steal from movies and other pop culture. The Marauders was taken from a group of comic book villains responsible for the Morlock Massacre in the X-Men. I thought it was evocative of what a team of Slater and Borne would be like : brutal, dangerous, and a bit crazy.

Nothing wrong with that... Dusty took gimmick names and show names from pop culture all the time. Everything from Star(r)cade to the Midnight Rider to "True Grit" to the James Gang... Man, did Dusty love him some John Wayne!

That said, Slater and Borne make an excellent team.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN , July 12th

Jake Roberts vs.  Ibrehem Rahman

Last week, Jake Roberts appeared out of nowhere to ambush Leo Burke and send a message to Ron Garvin. He made his in ring Pacific debut by coming out with a large bag over his shoulder containing some sort of wriggling mass. The match was over pretty much as soon as it started, as Jake immediately grabbed Rahman and executed the DDT on him, followed by a rather perfunctory three count. But Jake was not done, as he untied the bag and revealed its contents : a very large python, which Roberts proceeded to drape over the unconscious Rahman. As the python slithered over Rahman's prone form, Roberts grinned evilly at the audience. There is a scary new presence in Pacific Coast Wrestling, and all the wrestlers there had best watch their backs.

Mike Rotunda vs. Johnathan Boyd

Whenever members of the Brigade and the Embassy face each other, all the other members show up in force. This match was no different as both men's colleagues massed in their respective corners, watching for any sign of potential interference from the other side. Rotunda and Boyd went at it fiercely, with Rotunda's amateur expertise balancing Boyd's wealth of experience. Ultimately, Boyd attempted an over the shoulder neckbreaker, only for Rotunda to block it and get him up in a fireman's carry, the send him to the mat in a Samoan Drop to get the pinfall. The Guerrero Brothers looked set to get some post-match revenge on the Brigade, but Boyd waved them off , smiling as he whispered something in their ears. The Guerreros started to smile themselves at what he said to them. Clearly the Embassy has something dastardly planned for the Brigade, but what?

The Cobra vs. Chicky Starr

In an unusual tactic, Chicky seemed to be waging war on Cobra's mask. Any time he could get the advantage in the match, he would start unlacing the mask from the back of Cobra's head and start pulling on it. This proved to be a very canny plan, as Cobra spent much of the match trying to keep the mask from coming off, considerably hampering his offense. At one point, Chicky yanked hard on the loosened mask, blocking Cobra's vision. The ref tried to interpose himself between the two, but a widely swinging Cobra accidentally punched him in the face. The ref called for the bell the moment he was able to recover, giving the victory by DQ to Chicky Starr. A dirty win, but you don't really expect otherwise from the Starr "Cousins".

Tracy Smothers vs. Jim Lynch

With the influx of new wrestlers, one of the most exciting is the "Wild Eyed Southern Boy" Tracy Smothers, a young firebrand hailing from Springfield, TN. Smothers was all over Lynch and didn't let him get a single move in before easily polishing him off with the Jawjacker, a spinning flying elbow from the top turnbuckle. Smothers eagerly shook hands with the crowd both before and after the match, winning over many fans with his easygoing charm. Time will tell if this will help him in the always tough competition of Pacific Coast Wrestling.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentleman, my next guest continues to be the Pacific Heavyweight Champion … "Playboy" Buddy Rose!

The crowd boos as Rose, joined as always by Ed Wiskowski and Doug Somers, walks to the ring. He doesn't have his cocky strut going this time, though, and sports a black eye and badly swollen lip from last week's attack by Roddy Piper.

Bonnema : Buddy Rose, it's a bit of a surprise to see you show your, er, face, after what Piper did to you last week.

Rose : (his voice unusually low, solemn and trembling) Piper, you coward, you have showed me what you are. You couldn't face me head on, so you could only take me with a sneak attack. You couldn't beat me with your fists, so you could only do it with a weapon . ( Rose opens up his robe and shows several vicious looking welts and bruises on his ribs and abdomen) You take out my good friend, "Crippler" Rip Oliver, and now I find out that I have to face you in a cage at the end of August for the Phoenix Firestorm. Well nice job, Piper, you got my attention. But now you are going to have to be made to see the consequences of that. You see, the Crippler may be gone, but I still have two good friend (pointing to Somers and Wiskowski) who will be more than happy to cripple you for me. (Both men nod eagerly as Rose talks directly to them.) I want his legs broken . I want his ribs kicked in. I want him in traction. Take him out before Phoenix Firestorm. And Piper, you will end up weeping bitter tears any time you think of the time you dared to cross the Playboy!

Larry Zbyszko & Nord The Barbarian vs. Super Strong Machine & ?? ??

Larry and Nord , along with their manager KY Wakamatsu, seemed especially smug as they headed to the ring, confident that they could take care of Machine's partner, regardless of if it were Cobra or Keiichi Yamada. Machine came out on his own, and the ring announcer was at a loss as to what to do next. Machine then whispered into his ear, and he seemed even more confused. At first it looked like he was having a hard time making out Machine's Japanese accent, but it became clear that he just couldn't believe what he was being told. Machine then whispered in his ear again and simply nodded when the announcer asked if it was true. The ring announcer then got back on the microphone and announced Machine's partner … from Venice Beach, California … HULK HOGAN!!!! The crowd exploded in cheers as the former World Champion charged to the ring, while Larry and Nord panicked as they realized just what they had signed up for. Hogan swiftly lariated Nord out of the ring, then headed to ringside and started raining down big punches on the Barbarian while Machine stared down Larry. Zbyszko, realizing that for the first time in a long while he had no back up, fell to his knees and started pleading with the masked man. Machine showed no mercy as he laced into Larry with some nasty kicks, followed by a series of jarring suplexes. He then executed the Devil Windmill Suplex, but instead of going for the pin, he hoisted Larry up in a double chicken wing. Zbyszko screamed and begged for mercy before giving up the match, at which point Super Strong Machine let him drop like a ragdoll face first to the mat. Hogan came back in the ring and held up his partner's arm in victory before daring their opponents to come back in for a second helping, but Wakamatsu's men fled to the locker room. The crowd went crazy cheering on the Hulkster and the Machine and Hogan did his hand to the ear routine. With all of the changes happening in Pacific Coast Wrestling, this one is a real game changer.

AWA Pacific Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , July 13th

The Embassy vs. The Brigade

The match completely broke down with all men in the ring fighting at once. In the middle of the match, Rotunda once again had Boyd set up for the Samoan Drop, but this time, an unknown man entered the ring and clipped Rotunda's leg from behind. The intruder, a large bearded man, then stood Rotunda up and ran at him, taking him down with a Big Boot to the chest. When the ref finally turned around, he could only see Boyd covering Rotunda and made the three count, giving the win to the Embassy.

Tracy Smothers vs. Matt Borne

Smothers put in a courageous effort against Borne,  but in the end the more experienced Borne caught him in a powerslam, then followed up with the Cannonball Splash for the win. After the match, Borne and Dick Slater tried to do more damage to Smothers, but Billy Jack rushed out with a chair to run them off. He then helped Smothers up and to the back.

The Assassins vs. The Vachon Brothers

The Vachons hit the kneedrop- backbreaker combo on Assassin # 2 to pull out the victory. Both sides continued to fight after the end of the match.

AWA Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Spoiler & Texas Red © vs. The Hart Brothers

Texas Red caught Keith Hart in a chokeslam to successfully defend their titles.

King Kong Bundy vs. Hulk Hogan

Bundy unleashed all of his massive offense on the former World champion, but Hogan was able to weather out the storm and take him down with an Axe Bomber, following it up with the Big Leg Drop for a hard fought victory.

The Buddy Rose Army vs. Roddy Piper & The French Revolution

Throughout the match, Rose gave orders to Somers and Wiskowski to go after Piper, but he just kept slipping out of their grasp. Somers tried to execute the Brainbuster on him , but Piper countered with a small package and got the one two three. The Army then tried to swarm him, but Piper deftly dodged out of the ring, pointing at Rose and saying that he was coming for his belt.

Oh Man! Hulk Hogan has arrived in Pacific! This is defiantly a game changer! Awesome TV debut and follows that up with a big win over Bundy. Man this is HUGE! 

Rose has some very threatening words for Piper but Piper doesn't let that happen in the 6 man match.

Looks like the Embassy has a new member.

LOL, only Chicky could get a win like that over Cobra. 

Texas Red and Spoiler show that they're for real as they retain against the Harts.

Liking the Vachons/Assassins brutal feud. 

Man the babyface side is looking stacked with Hogan, Piper and Billy Jack. Rose is going to have his hands full. 

• 2 weeks later...

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Cow Palace, San Francisco , July 19th

The Royal Family vs. Blake Towsley and Brian Corridan

Last week, a mysterious bearded man interfered in the Embassy's match with the Brigade. It turns out, this was Jonathan Boyd's cousin Rip Morgan (there sure are a lot of relatives in Pacific Coast Wrestling) , and they have formed their own duo within the Embassy called the Royal Family. Boyd pretty much let Morgan have the run of the match, and the huge New Zealander tore Corridan to pieces, with huge clotheslines, powerslams and a Big Boot, before Boyd came in to polish him off with a neckbreaker. The Brigade are likely to be scrambling to find a way to deal with this dangerous new element to their feud with the Embassy.

"Diamond" Timothy Flowers vs. Leo Burke

Burke found himself distracted early in the match by the appearance of Jake Roberts, who showed up to stand in the corner of Flowers. Strangely, Flowers seemed just as unnerved by Roberts' presence, even though the Snake seemed to be backing him. Ultimately, this drew the attention of Ron Garvin, who came out to get in the face of Roberts. As the two threw down, this proved to be the ultimate distraction for Burke , who looked about to join his partner Garvin against Roberts. Flowers was canny enough to capitalize, ambushing Burke with a kneelift followed by a piledriver to get the pinfall. As they left the ring Roberts put his arm around Flowers and grinned evilly, all while Flowers was visibly creeped out.

Terry Taylor vs. Brandon Bellinger

Taylor is a handsome newcomer from Vero Beach , Florida, who has several years experience in various territories before coming to Pacific Coast. He had no problem at all with Bellinger, easily dominating him throughout the match before finishing with a running forearm that he called the Fivearm. Towards the end of the match, Mike Rotunda and Dan Spivey came down to the ring and looked keen to have a word with Taylor. Sure enough, it looks like they are trying to recruit him into their fight with the Embassy. Taylor seemed primarily concerned with shaking hands with the cheering fans, but was listening to what they had to say. Time will tell what comes of this.

The Marauders vs. Billy Jack Haynes and Tracey Smothers

Speaking of recruits, Smothers has turned to be a willing recruit in Haynes' war with the Marauders. Borne and Slater gave a brutal beating to young Smothers, keeping him in their corner for much of the match. Full credit to Smothers, he kept coming back against the Marauders, no matter what they did to him. Eventually , Haynes could take no more and charged into the ring. He and Borne went at it fist and fury and the ref's efforts to separate the two was rewarded with a nasty double punch. A double DQ was the result but Haynes was able to clear Slater and Borne from the ring before he was able to help Smothers to his feet and assist him to the back.

Roddy Piper vs. Doug Somers

Roddy Piper is scheduled to face Buddy Rose in a cage for the Heavyweight title at Phoenix Firestorm, but Rose has tasked the rest of the Army with making sure that he doesn't get there. First up is the Pretty Boy Doug Somers, who relentlessly went after the Hot Scot with vicious low blows and cheap shots. Piper, no stranger to cheap shots himself, seemed somewhat taken aback at the intensity of Somers' attacks but kept fighting back against the Pretty Boy. Somers looked like he might pull off the upset when he set Piper up for the brainbuster, but Piper was able to block it and counter with a belly to back suplex to score the three count. Despite the loss, Somers kept after Piper post match, and the two had to be separated by several referees.

AWA Pacific Wrestling show from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, July 20th

Can-Con & The Hart Brothers vs. "Diamond" Timothy Flowers, Jake Roberts & The Starr "Cousins"

Roberts pinned Keith Hart after a DDT

Terry Taylor vs. Mr. Hito

Taylor won with the Fivearm

Mike Rotunda & Dan Spivey vs. The Royal Family

Rip Morgan hit a lariat on Spivey to score the victory

Chavo Guerrero vs. Keiichi Yamada

Both men went to a 20 minute time limit draw

AWA Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Hector & Mando Guerrero © vs. Tom Zenk & Al Perez

Mando hit a German Suplex on Zenk to successfully defend their titles

Hulk Hogan vs. Nord The Barbarian

Hogan had hit the Big Leg Drop and went for the pin, but Larry Zbyszko rushed in the ring and attacked him with the megaphone, leading to a DQ win for Hogan

The Buddy Rose Army vs. Roddy Piper & The Vachon Brothers

Piper executed a piledriver on Doug Somers to pull out the win for his team in a crazy bout

• rainmakerrtv changed the title to Pacific Coast Wrestling