Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Good to see the Guerreros get back on the winning track. They were due. I'm hoping to see more Guerreros/Flamboyance matches. 

Perez keeps racking up wins. 

Talk about a wild and hard hitting 6 man tag! Great finish as Muraco and the Untouchables pull it off. 

I really like that Steamboat/Wiskowski match up. Steamboat continues his winning ways. 

Exciting main event to end the show. What a match! They battle to a draw but I'm sure these teams could of gone all night. Great stuff! 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of great matches here but I think my favorites would be Gilbert vs Michael Hayes.  Just thinking of the pre and post match interviews these two would have had would have had me hooked from the second I turned it on the TV.

Also liked seeing Bam Bam and Murdoch go at!

Nice job!

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Cow Palace , San Francisco , on ESPN / TSN,  June 19th

Larry Cameron vs. Mr. Hito

Larry Cameron has had a very impressive record in his run in Pacific Coast Wrestling, but has found himself somewhat at loose ends since losing the Pacific Tag Team Titles with Bill Dundee. Tonight, he finds himself in singles action against another former tag champ, Mr. Hito. Cameron went to his standard tactics of trying to overpower Hito, but the Japanese veteran seemed to have a counter for everything , dodging Cameron with ease and firing back with stiff kicks and chops and painful limblocks. Cameron grew progressively more frustrated as the match went on, at one point having to take a breather on the outside to calm himself down. He started to land some shots on Hito, but Gary Hart's man kept bouncing back and coming at him. Cameron tried to take him down with his big leaping clothesline, but Hito ducked it and reversed into a leglock, then hit a huge backdrop driver. Hito bridged and managed to keep him down for the one two three. He and Hart celebrated while "Lethal" Larry was clearly disappointed by his loss.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are two friends recently reunited … Chris Adams and the White Angel!

The fans cheer as Chris Adams and the White Angel make their way to the ring, both men high fiving the crowd as they go, Adams smiling and Angel stoic beneath his white face paint.

Bonnema : Chris Adams, I am at a bit of a loss here. Does the White Angel even speak English?

Adams : No, he does not. But I do speak Japanese, from my many trips to Japan, and my friend has agreed that I will speak for him. (Adams briefly speaks to Angel in Japanese, who solemnly nods in reply.) When the White Angel first appeared and saved me from several attacks, I was as confused as everyone else . But when we were finally able to talk, it all became clear. You see, the White Angel is from a very notable family in Japan with a long and distinguished history in wrestling. But his father chose a different path , working as a mercenary for some of the worst people in all of wrestling. His father has dishonored the family name and The White Angel has been sent on a mission to confront him. He has painted his face to symbolize his quest to erase this stain from his family's name and now his father has revealed himself. You see, the White Angel's father is … The Great Kabuki! (The entire audience gasps) His father has sold his services to the lowest, slimiest man in wrestling, Gary Hart! And Angel will not stop until he makes him pay for what he has done to the family name!

White Angel : Great Kabuki! (followed by a long string of furious Japanese)

Adams : That's right! And Gary Hart, once we have taken out your men, we are coming for you!

Al Perez vs. Buddy Jack Roberts

While his partners in the Brigade have drawn a lot of attention with their new feud with the Playboy Club, the Latin Heartthrob had been quietly racking up a credible string of wins at house shows against some very tough competition. One of the people he has beaten is none other than Freebird Buddy Jack Roberts, who demanded this match on TV to get revenge. Roberts ambushed Perez before the bell even rang, but Perez weathered the storm and, with his trademark cool, started coming back at him with confident takedowns. Roberts got even more vicious and dirty as the match wore on, but Perez was not fazed, feeding off the cheers from the crowd and the oohs and ahhs of the female fans. Roberts tried to take him down with a rollup, but Perez reversed the waistlock and hit his German Suplex to get the three count. Buddy Jack threw a temper tantrum at the ref but the decision stood and Perez had put another one in the win column.

Flamboyance vs. Hector & Mando Guerrero

Two more wrestlers on a roll have been Flamboyance, with several solid victories under their belt as well as Lanny Poffo taking the Light Heavyweight Title at Seattle Showdown. The Guerreros, on the other hand, have had a bit of a struggle as of late and are looking to regain the luster they had as Golden State Tag champs. They went after Starr and Poffo full bore, with Flamboyance replying in kind, and the result was a fast paced and exciting match that had the fans on the edge of their seats. But the biggest surprise came when, out of nowhere, Hector trapped Poffo in the Guerrero Clutch and got the lightning quick pinfall. This win not only puts the Guerreros back in contention in the tag ranks, but would have to put Hector in the pole position for a shot at Poffo's Light Heavyweight belt.

Bonnema : My next guests, once again, have some sort of grievance they feel the need to air (deep sigh) … the Playboy Club!

The crowd rains down boos on Buddy Rose and his men as they head out to the ring, as the Playboy has his usual dyspeptic look on his face.

Bonnema : Buddy Rose, not long ago, you were on top of the Pacific Coast, with you and Doug Somers holding the Pacific Tag Team Titles. Now you aren't even in contention for the belts. That is quite the fall from grace.

Rose : You are getting especially insolent these days, Bonnema. Just hand me the microphone, you are surplus to requirements. (Bonnema shrugs and gives him the mic.) Yeah, we lost the tag titles, but it took a combination of the Thundercats and those ungrateful punks in the Vice Squad to steal them away from us. And the fact that we haven't gotten a rematch is complete hogwash. But I want to talk about something else. We were beating up on another bunch of brats call themselves the Brigade. And then we discover that one of them is mentally unbalanced and shouldn't be anywhere near a ring. Psycho Spivey is a lunatic and should be locked away, not working in a wrestling promotion! He's a danger to society! I am tempted to sue Pacific Coast Wrestling for keeping a dangerous work environment. But we are going to do the next best thing and run Psycho Spivey out of the Pacific Coast before he does any more damage. Because the Playboy Club can take care of its own business.

Norman Smiley vs. Jimmy Golden

Speaking of the Vice Squad , they may not have gotten the Pacific Tag Team Titles, but they have certainly caused more than their fair share of chaos. The disreputable trio cost the Thundercats the tag titles after a nasty ambush on Bill Dundee, and Norman Smiley was out to gain a measure of revenge for his fallen mentor. He put in a noble effort against the leader of the Vice Squad, but ultimately the size and experience of Jimmy Golden was just too much, as he caught him flatfooted with a blistering right cross, and followed up with a piledriver to put an end to his challenge. But the Vice Squad didn't stop there , as Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose joined Golden in a post match beatdown of Smiley. Too Cold Scorpio ran out to try to save his partner, but couldn't overcome the numbers disadvantage. Both men wound up being saved by Bill Dundee, who made his return by rushing out with a chair and teeing off on the Vice Squad until they fled the ring. Dundee is back and clearly looking for payback on Jimmy Golden and his cronies.

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Tracy Smothers

Give Bob Orton credit, he certainly backs up what he says. He staked his Pacific Coast career that not only would he bring gold to the ranks of the Crazy Gang, but he would also get a title shot for Ragin' & Ravishing. Not only does he now hold the California Title, but Rude and Fernandez now have an iron grip on the Pacific Tag Team Titles. Last week, Orton put down a challenge from Keiichi Yamada and expected no different from Yamada's partner, Tracy Smothers. But Smothers had plans of his own, and caught Orton off guard with his furious attack. Orton recovered his composure and started to lay into Smothers with his own hard hitting offense, but that only seemed to fire up Smothers even more. Eventually, Orton caught Smothers with a clothesline that sent them both tumbling out of the ring, and the two kept slugging it out until they were both counted out of the ring. Looks like the Cowboy might have bitten off more than he can chew with the Wild Eyed Southern Boy.

Hito picks up a nice win. Cameron is going to have to regain his focus. 

What a bombshell! Kabuki is White Angel's father! This could be one of the most interesting programs in the entire game. 

Perez takes down Buddy Jack on TV. This is pretty big and solidifies Perez as a major player.

I hope Flamboyance and the Guerreros have a long program. These teams are tearing the house down. 

Another great interview segment as the Playboy Club are set on ridding Pacific of Dan Spivey. IDK, an unhinged Spivey is a very dangerous man. Playboy Club better be careful. 

Vice Squad has been making some serious waves but Dundee's return might put a stop to that. 

Exciting main event as Smothers goes toe to toe with Orton. I like this match up and this could turn into an intense feud. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland,  on Pacific Super Cards, June 20th

Keiichi Yamada vs. Randy Rose

Yamada won with a brainbuster

Chavo Guerrero vs. Terry Taylor

Taylor won with the Fivearm

Chris Adams & The White Angel vs. The Great Kabuki & Kendo Nagasaki

Angel pinned Kendo after hitting the Moonsault

The Playboy Club vs. Mike Rotunda, Dan Spivey & Tom Zenk

The Playboy Club relentlessly tormented Spivey, chanting "Psycho! Psycho!" at him. The fans picked up the chant, and while one sensed they said it with approval (seriously, Oakland, man), Spivey was greatly distressed throughout the match and was sufficiently distracted that Buddy Rose was able to catch in a trunks-assisted rollup to get the win for the Playboy Club. After the match, it took a lot of consolation from Zenk and Rotunda to calm Spivey down.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Jimmy Del Ray

Del Ray gave a very good accounting of himself , using a lot of guile and cunning to get Red in a lot of compromising spots, but ultimately the champ prevailed when he caught Del Ray coming off the ropes with a Western Lariat

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Ragin' & Ravishing © vs. Badd Company

Another exciting title match from these two teams that went to a 30 minute draw

Terry Gordy & Don Muraco vs. Leo Burke & Bam Bam Bigelow

A hard hitting main event that ended with Bigelow catching Muraco in a slingshot splash for the pinfall

Nice to see Taylor bounce back from his losses to Texas Red. 

Adams and Angel win round 1 against Kendo and Kabuki. I have a feeling Kendo and Kabuki are getting ready to unleash something evil. 

Oh man Spivey is losing it. Only a matter of time before he SNAPS! 

Del Ray gives Red a fight but the TV champ retains. 

I'm fully behind a R and R vs. Badd Co. feud. These guys are putting on some barn burners. 

Great main event! Bam Bam gets a strong pin on Muraco.  I'm looking forward to another Gordy/Burke title match. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno , June 21st

Hector Guerrero vs. Ron Starr

The evening got off to an exciting start with a closely fought contest where Hector prevailed with the Butterfly Suplex

After his earlier loss, Cameron worked hard to regain his focus and came back hard against Hito, but the Japanese veteran continued to provide a tough match for Cameron, who just could not put him away in a match that went to the 15 minute time limit

Nord The Barbarian & Crusher Blackwell vs. The Untouchables

Nord pinned Boone after a running Bombs Away kneedrop

Bill Dundee vs. Jimmy Golden

A knock down drag out fight where the always scrappy Dundee took it to Golden , and Golden gave it back in kind. Golden was ultimately able to hit the Piledriver to pull out the victory.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Norman Smiley & Too Cold Scorpio © vs. Brian Knobbs & Jeff Gaylord

Knobbs and Gaylord one again provided a tough challenge for the champions, but Scorpio was able to catch Knobbs in a sunset flip to successfully defend their titles

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Lanny Poffo © vs. Mando Guerrero

A fast paced match that had the fans on their feet throughout, Mando looked at several points like he just might take the title, but when he had Poffo set up for a German Suplex, Poffo blocked it and reversed it into a rollup assisted by a fistful of trunks to get the one two three

The Freebirds vs. Eddie Gilbert, Brutus Beefcake, Ricky Steamboat & Al Perez

As you can imagine, this match was a war that had the fans rocking and rolling throughout. The battle swung back and forth, and the fans cheered loudest during the exchanges between Terry Gordy and Ricky Steamboat. The end came when Steamboat tossed Hayes into a Hot Shot by Gilbert to get a very hard won victory over the always dangerous Freebirds

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, June 26th

Last week, Larry Cameron suffered a shocking loss to Mr. Hito, and has demanded a rematch as soon as possible. Cameron came out of the blocks extremely aggressively, charging at Hito with big shoulder tackles. But the Japanese veteran had Cameron well scouted, rolling with the impact and letting Cameron wear himself out. Just like last time, he started to tear away at Cameron with brutal shots, dodging out of the way when Cameron tried to counter attack. Cameron tried to blast back with a huge leaping clothesline, but Hito ducked at the last second and instead Cameron hit the ref. Cameron was able to catch Hito in a powerslam, but when the referee finally recovered, it was not to make to count but to give the match to Hito by disqualification. Cameron was looking incredibly frustrated by another disappointing loss.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are no strangers to the interview segment … the Brigade!

The fans cheer loudly as Mike Rotunda, Dan Spivey, Al Perez and Tom Zenk head to the ring. Despite their response, the young men of the Brigade have extremely sober expressions, with Spivey looking especially distressed.

Bonnema : Mike Rotunda, you and your comrades have become very familiar guests for my interviews.

Rotunda : *nodding ruefully* You're not wrong, Bonnema. It seems like every few weeks , we are out here, going through some sort of public group therapy. Well, this time, Dan here has something he needs to get off his chest. Going to turn this over to you, Dan, and want you to know, we are all listening.

Spivey : *taking his time to choose his words, which he delivers in his slow Southern drawl* Thank you, Mike. Well, Mister Bonnema, I was a very shy kid. I was quiet, kept to myself. My mother raised me to be polite and respectful. That made me the target of bullying from the neighborhood kids. Even though I was big, I wouldn't fight back, so that made them pick on me even more. Then one day, the biggest, meanest bull just pushed me too far. I snapped, I gave him a beating that put him in the hospital. Everyone was shocked, my schoolmates, my family, especially myself . Everybody looked at me with a bit of fear behind their eyes from then on. I realized there was an anger, a darkness inside me that was fighting to come out. I swore I would do everything to keep it from every coming out again. I channeled it into sports, became a star football player. I even played a season for the New York Jets. But then a knee injury put an end to my NFL career and I found myself at loose ends. I fell into a bad lifestyle for a few years, did a lot of things I am not proud of. That dark side of me took over, so much so that I even took a different name. But then I discovered pro wrestling, and it saved me. I focused on that, turned over a new leaf and once again swore do bury that other me. I was going to put Waylon in the past and never think of him again. But lately, the Playboy Club have been pushing me hard, and I keep feeling him bubbling to the surface. The way they taunt me, call my Psycho Spivey, has been tearing me up inside. The fact that some fans have started chanting Psycho, well, that hurts even more. I am trying to be a good person, but some days, it seems like that is not enough. I just don't know what to do.

Zenk : Danny, I know that took a lot for you to say. Just know, no matter what, Mike and Al and I are your friends. We will support you no matter what, and we will always have your back. *he and the other members of the brigade embrace Dan and pat him on the back in support*

Eddie Gilbert vs. Jake Roberts

After their offensive behaviour to Missy Hyatt, Eddie Gilbert has been waging a war against Michael Hayes and Jake Roberts of the Freebirds. Clearly,  a deep enmity has developed between these two sides, as this abandoned all pretense of being a wrestling match, with both men going at it before the opening bell even had a chance to ring. The two went at it like wildcats, with Gilbert doing everything he could to fight out of any attempt by Roberts to hit the DDT, and Snake in turn digging in to avoid the Hot Shot. The match blazed on, with neither side holding the advantage for long, until Roberts tried to catch Gilbert in the short clothesline, the usual setup for the DDT, only for Gilbert to dodge it and counter with a rollup, assisted by double handfuls of Roberts' loose slacks. He just barely kept his shoulders down for the 1 2 3, and even then they kept clawing at each other after the match. Looks like this is a fire that is not going to be put out any time soon.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentleman, my next guest is always the center of controversy here in PCW … Gary Hart!

The crowd rains down boos as Gary Hart and his men, Great Kabuki, Kendo Nagasaki, Masanobu Fuchi, and Mr. Hito, all stride to the ring. Hart has a look of barely repressed fury on his face as he steps into the ring.

Bonnema : Gary Hart, last week, Chris Adams and the White Angel made some shocking revelations about your man, the Great Kabuki. Have you anything so say in response to that?

Hart : You know damned well that I've got something to say, Bonnema. Adams and the so-called White Angel said their piece, but they only told part of the story. Yes, Kabuki is the son of a distinguished Japanese wrestling family. But he chose to break away from the path his family rigidly set out for him. He wanted to make his own path, make his own name. His family rejected him for choosing to be his own man. He struck out on , but it didn't go well for him. Maybe if his family had supported his choices , he could have succeeded, but they turned their backs to him, and he fell on hard times. When I found him in Singapore, he was paying off his debts by acting as bodyguard for the most vicious warlord in the Pacific. I bought his contract, settled his debts, and now he works for me. *slapping Kabuki's chest* He is MINE! I own him! And he will destroy whoever I point him at. His no good son. Chris Adams. Missy Hyatt. Oh yeah, you blonde haired floozy, don't think I have forgotten about you by a long shot. I have something special planned for you, make no mistake. Gary Hart Associates have a plan, and we are set to take over the Pacific Coast!

Brutus Beefcake vs. Jimmy Snuka

If Missy Hyatt was at all concerned by Hart's threat, she certainly didn't show it, being clearly focused on guiding her man, Brutus Beefcake , in his match with the always dangerous Jimmy Snuka. Snuka had been tearing through the opposition of late, and charged straight into his opponent. Beefcake stood his ground and fired back, but Snuka proved difficult to contain. He soon knocked Beefcake out of the ring with a running headbutt. He then went up to the top turnbuckle for a flying axehandle to the floor, but that's where it all went sideways. Out of nowhere, someone rushed out to the ring and knocked him off the turnbuckle. It was Billy Jack Haynes, making his first appearance since being ambushed by Snuka several weeks ago. The ref rang for the bell and DQ decision while the two slugged it out, but Snuka eventually retreated and Haynes was apologizing to Missy and Beefcake for costing them the match. Missy , who knew a thing or two about a hot tempered feud, was understanding, and she and Brutus managed to help get Billy Jack calmed down.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are a team that is looking to make their own mark in Pacific Coast Wrestling … Brian Knobbs and Jeff Gaylord!

The fans greet them less than warmly, but that doesn't put a crimp in their belligerent strut as they head to the ring.

Bonnema : Brian Knobbs, when we last saw you, you were on the wrong side of a brutal beating by the Playboy Club. Many thought we would never see you again in PCW. And here you are, with a new partner, trying to start again.

Knobbs : That's right, Frank Bonnema. After I was injured by the Playboy Club, my former partner Jack Victory and I took some time out to figure out what to do next. Victory moved on to a new promotion, but I found a new partner, my good buddy Jeff Gaylord, and decided to try again in PCW. But it wasn't the way I hoped it would be. My so-called friend, Jimmy Del Ray, replaced me in the Vice Squad, and acted like he never knew me. Just like that, tossed aside like a sack of garbage. Well , I don't need him. Jeff and I are going to rise to the top on our own, and we don't need …

Knobbs is cut off by the arena PA playing "Smooth Operator" by Sade, heralding the arrival of Buddy Rose and the rest of the Playboy Club. He is greeted with his usual chorus of boos and Brian Knobbs is clearly annoyed by this interruption from Rose, Doug Somers and Ed Wiskowski. Nevertheless, Knobbs lets Rose take the microphone from him and listens.

Rose : Brian, Brian, Brian … your prayers have been answered! You are looking for a place for you and your pal, and I am about to give one to you. Full membership status in the Playboy Club! Would you believe it?

Knobbs : Frankly, no, I don't believe it. Last time I saw you, you and your goons were trying to beat my head in with a chair. Why the hell would you offer me membership in the Playboy Club now and, for that matter, what makes you thing Jeff and I would accept?

Rose : *condescendingly* Oh, Brian. You know what the problem was, don't you? It was Jimmy Del Ray. He was always the bad seed, I knew I couldn't trust him and had to take him out. You and Victory just got caught in the crossfire. It was never anything personal. You see what he is like. When you returned, he wouldn't give you the time of day. He found someone else to take your place in the Vice Squad, like you never mattered at all. But you matter to me, Brian. A place in the Playboy Club, waiting just for the two of you. All you have to do is just one little thing, just one thing. Help me get rid of the Vice Squad. Hardly a big thing to ask, you want it as much as I do. Get back at the guy who turned his back on you, and you will have a place in my ranks. What do you say? *holding out his hand*

Knobbs pauses, clearly uncertain, but eventually shakes his hand, as does Gaylord. The Playboy Club now have two new men on their side.

A busy night for Missy Hyatt as she leads her men into battle to challenge for the Pacific Tag Team titles. Pat Tanaka and Paul Diamond have fought and intense campaign on house shows to try to win the belts, but Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez have proved very difficult to overcome. The two teams had an intense match that had the fans on the edge of their seats, where it seemed like either side could prevail at different points. Tanaka tried to finish off Rude with the cartwheel kick, but Rude ducked and Tanaka was blindsided by Fernandez with the Flying Burrito. Rude then followed up with the Rude Awakening to put an end to their challenge. But you can be sure that Badd Company will be back to challenge again, and have clearly earned the respect and admiration of the fans.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, June 27th

Mando & Hector Guerrero vs. Flamboyance

Flamboyance won when Poffo hit the Skydrop on Mando

Loser Of The Fall Leaves Town Match : Chris Adams & The White Angel vs. The Great Kabuki & Kendo Nagasaki

The White Angel forced Kendo to give up to the Angel's Embrace (Muta Lock). Kendo Nagasaki is now gone from PCW

Mike Rotunda, Dan Spivey & Tom Zenk vs. Buddy Rose, Brian Knobbs & Jeff Gaylord

The Playboy Club kept up a steady stream of taunts to Spivey, starting a chant of "Psycho!" that was picked up by some of the more rowdy fans that enraged him. He started stomping down Knobbs in the corner and when the ref tried to separate them, Spivey gave the ref a DDT, leading to a DQ. It took both of his partners to pull Spivey off the ref and calm him down. After the match, it was announced that Spivey would be fined and was now on probation.

Loser Leaves Town Match : Keiichi Yamada vs. Masanobu Fuchi

An exciting, back and forth match that ended with Yamada hitting a brainbuster on Fuchi for the pin. Masanobu Fuchi is now gone from PCW

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Don Muraco

Bigelow was going for an Avalanche in the corner, but Muraco dodged out of the way at the last second, then put both of his feet on the ropes to get the pinfall.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Ed Wiskowski

A hard hitting match where Red was ultimately able to catch the Polish Prince with a Western Lariat to defend his title.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Terry Gordy © vs. Leo Burke

As can be imagined , this was an epic battle with the tough as nails Burke giving the champion everything he had. He ultimately was able to lock Gordy in the Sleeper, but then the bell rang, signaling a 30 minute time limit draw.

One of my favorite tv shows to date.

Awesome interviews with Bonnema.  Interesting story by Spivey.  We will have to see where this goes.  Gary Hart is on dangerous manager and he called out a bunch of people.  All of Pacific Coast Wrestling better be on their toes.   He was just so believable in real live no matter how crazy his stories were.  I could just see him going to Singapore and buying Kabuki's contract from some Pacific warlord.  Buddy Rose never ceases to amaze me with his cunningness.  

Snuka vs Billy Jack could be a wild ride.  

Eddie Gilbert vs Jake the Snake would have me sitting there with popcorn everyday of the week.  Throw in Missy Hyatt and I am there early!

Thanks for the feedback. I confess I had been at a bit of a loss for what to do with Spivey. I love the guy, but the best thing I had come up with him was the Spiveymania gimmick from the previous project, and I couldn't repeat that (nor would it fit with what I am doing now). I was watching a shoot interview with him, and right at the end he casually mentioned that he went down a dark path between football and pro wrestling, and I used that for part of the background of what I am going to do next with him. Gary Hart is another recent favorite of mine and have been checking out interviews to get his style right. Buddy Rose is one of my all time favorites, which is pretty obvious :)

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, June 28th

Chavo Guerrero vs. Barry O

Chavo won with the Cannonball (flying somersault senton)

The match went to a no contest with both sides brawling in the ring

Nick Busick vs. Doug Somers

Busick made his PCW debut by making Somers submit to the Busick Bender (stump puller)

Al Perez vs. Mr. Hito

Perez won with the Ally-Copter

Tom Zenk vs. Buddy Rose

Zenk put in a courageous battle against the wily Rose, but the Playboy caught him with the Inside Out Backbreaker for the victory

Ricky Steamboat vs. Michael Hayes

Steamboat won with the top rope flying cross body press

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Thundercats © vs. Brian Knobbs & Jeff Gaylord

The Thundercats won by DQ when Gaylord refused to release a chokehold on Too Cold Scorpio

2/3 Falls California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Tracy Smothers

1st Fall : Orton pinned Smothers after a lariat

2nd Fall : Smothers pinned Orton after hitting the Jawjacker

3rd Fall : Orton pinned Smothers after the Superplex

Winner and still champion : Bob Orton

So much good stuff happening in Pacific! 

Oh man the seeds for Waylon are planted! This will be awesome! I loved this gimmick and if Spivey had done this in his prime it would of been one of the greatest gimmicks of all time. I'm really glad you're going with this, especially during this era. 

Hot Stuff pulls out a win over Jake but it's clear this is far from over.

Up next Gary Hart gives one of his best interviews I've ever read. Loved the background on Kabuki. Kabuki vs. White Angel is going to be a big time feud. 

BTW, it's cool seeing more interviews on your shows. You pull them off so well. 

Snuka and Haynes are heading into a brutal feud.

Knobbs and Gaylord accept the Playboy's offer. I'm going to keep my eye on this. Rose is the best LOL. 

Great TV main event as R and R finally get a decisive win over Badd Co. 

On to LA,

Just like that White Angel sends Kendo packing. That's a huge hit on Gary Hart.

Spivey is going over the deep end. I don't think the Brigade will be able to control him. 

Yamada sends Fuchi out of Pacific. These guys put on some classics. 

Muraco wins this round over Bam Bam. It's a lot of fun watching these two hammer away on each other.

Texas Red continues taking on all comers. This time Easy Ed goes down. 

Leo is giving Gordy a serious challenge. I'm up for another match. 

To Santa Barbara,

I'm glad you picked up Busick. I love this guy. 

Steamboat defeats Freebird Hayes. I know he's got his eye on another Freebird. 

Loved the 2 out of 3 falls main event. Smothers has become a threat and gives Orton a fight but that crafty Orton retains. 

Awesome stuff Rain. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, on ESPN / TSN

Barry O vs. Colton Cumbie

Making his debut on PCW television is the latest member of the Crazy Gang, Barry O. Led to the ring by his brother, Crazy Gang leader Bob Orton, one might have figured that Barry saw himself as the second coming of Buddy Rogers, the way he strutted and showboated. He kept raising his arms in an O shape and got annoyed with the fans when they failed to hold him in as high esteem as he himself did. All that said, he easily dominated Cumbie, peppering him with dropkicks and driving him to the mat with a big side suplex before finally finishing him off with a Russian Legsweep. With all of the success that the Crazy Gang have been having lately, it looks like Barry O has cast his lot with just the right group.

Too Cold Scorpio vs. Mando Guerrero

A rare match between two fan favorites, this pitted one of the current Golden State Tag Team champs against one of the former champs and had a lot of fans excited going in. They were not disappointed as what resulted was a fast paced match with lots of high flying from Scorpio and deft counter wrestling from Mando. The momentum swung back and forth between the two wrestlers, with first one man holding the advantage only for the other to grab it back. Mando was set to finally take the victory when he had Scorpio set up for a Victory Roll, only for Scorpio to block it part way through and hold Guerrero's shoulders to the mat for the one two three. Mando was clearly disappointed at the result but still shook Scorpio's hand afterwards in respect to the up and coming star.

Nick Busick vs. Zane Knight

Before the wrestlers came out for the match, Leo Burke came out and got on the mic. He said that he appreciated the support fans were giving to the newer wrestlers, especially his pupil Bam Bam Bigelow, and that he hoped that they would be just as welcoming to his newest find, from Powerhouse Hill in West Virginia … "Powerhouse" Nick Busick! The crowd gave a warm response as Busick , a burly, gruff but genial man with a luxurious handlebar mustache, made his way to the ring, shaking hands with the fans along the way. He was all business once the bell rang and the crowd was soon marveling at his incredibly impressive strength. He tossed Knight around the ring with ease, powerslamming him off the ropes and then Gorilla slamming him back down to the mat. Busick finally wrapped him up in what he called the Busick Bender (stump puller) to finish off the match, but the moment the ref singnalled that Knight had given up, Busick let him go and helped him back up to his feet. With all the success that Bam Bam Bigelow has had, who knows how far Leo Burke's newest student will go?

"Lethal" Larry Cameron has been on rather a notable losing streak of late, having dropped several results to Mr. Hito in the past few weeks. Determined to get his trajectory back on track, Cameron campaigned hard for one more match with Hito. Gary Hart granted the match with his man, but under the proviso that this would be his very last shot. This time out, however, Cameron was accompanied by his partner, Thundercats leader Bill Dundee and was clearly listening to his advice before he got in the ring. Instead of exploding out of the blocks, as he had for the past few matches, Cameron held back, letting Hito come to him. Hito started lacing into him with his trademark stiff kicks, but Cameron was ready for them and braced himself until Hito got close enough, then catching Hito's leg and knocking him to the ground with a mighty forearm shot. He was soon on top of Hito, raining down shots until Hito got back to his feet and Cameron immediately pulled back. Hito soon came back at him with more kicks and Cameron did the same thing again, doing substantial damage to the Japanese veteran. Cameron kept up this measured approach, throwing fewer shots but making them count much more, and anytime he started to get frustrated with Hito, he headed out of the ring where Dundee calmed him down and gave him the advice to regain the advantage. Hito desperately tried to take Cameron out with a backdrop driver, but Cameron had it spotted and blocked it before countering with a wrenching neckbreaker. Cameron then started unloading with his big moves, first a leaping clothesline, then a powerslam off the ropes, before finally hitting the Harlem Hammer to put Hito down for good. Bill Dundee eagerly rushed into the ring to congratulate his partner on an incredibly impressive victory. "Lethal" Larry Cameron is all the way back, and with a vengeance.

Terry Gordy, Michael Hayes & Jake Roberts vs. Eddie Gilbert, Brutus Beefcake & Ricky Steamboat

With the feud between Hyatt International and the Freebirds reaching a fever pitch, it was only a matter of time before the big Pacific Coast Heavyweight champion Terry Gordy made his presence felt. But Gilbert and Beefcake brought some very impressive backup of their own in the form of "The Dragon" Ricky Steamboat. Tempers were running high on both sides and Gilbert was particularly on fire as he went after Hayes and Roberts. Strangely, he kept going when Gordy tagged into the match, playing cat and mouse with the huge champion and running both Gordy and himself ragged in spite of Steamboat's desperate attempts to tag in. The more Steamboat tried to get in the match, the more Gilbert seemed to ignore it and carry the match by himself. It fell to Missy Hyatt to be the voice of reason (God help us), and she directly told her man to tag in Steamboat before he completely wore himself out. Their team was much more coordinated for the rest of the match as they went to war with the always formidable and fearsome Freebirds. The match inevitably wound up breaking down into a brawl with all 6 men in the ring at once, but Gordy made a fatal lapse of concentration when he failed to notice Steamboat climbing to the top rope and coming off with a flying cross body press. One … two … THREE!!! Steamboat just pinned the heavyweight champion! This has got to put him at the top of the contenders list! The fans were jubilant and Hyatt and Beefcake very enthusiastically congratulated him on his impressive accomplishment but Gilbert seemed sullen and disappointed at the result, just barely patting Steamboat on the back before turning away. Something seems to be brewing here.

I confess, when I decided to bring in Busick, I was a little worried that people would be saying, "Seriously? That guy?" But some people seem to have some of the same affection for him that I have, I have been watching a bunch of interviews, both from him and about him, and he seems like he was just a lovely human being. I am looking forward to developing him in PCW.

I like what you're doing with the newer talents. Barry O gets some buzz right off the bat being aligned with brother Bob's crazy gang. Barry will fit right in. I really liked Busick and it's nice to see him get a chance in our game. I also like the different approach, bringing him in as a powerhouse face. Smart move having him with Leo Burke. Leo knows how to pick them. Busick impressed fans with a strong showing.

Scorpio and Mando put on a show stealing match. Scorpio pulls off the big win! 

Bill Dundee's guidance pays off in a big way as Cameron is back on track. 

Huge 6 man tag main event! Steamboat gets the pin on champ Gordy! Steamboat chasing Gordy is going to be money. HMMMM, I wonder what's up with Gilbert???

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on Pacific Super Cards,

Al Perez vs. Ron Starr

Perez was able to hang with the tough veteran Starr and pull out the win with the German Suplex

Pure chaos from beginning to end that went to a No Contest with all 4 men brawling in the ring throughout

The White Angel & Chris Adams vs. The Great Kabuki & Mr. Hito

Hito pinned Adams after Kabuki clobbered Adams in the back of the head with the nunchaku

Bob Orton & Barry O vs. Tracy Smothers & Keiichi Yamada

Yamada pinned Barry O after catching him coming off the ropes with the palm thrust to the jaw

Dan Spivey vs. Buddy Rose

Rose won by DQ after Spivey wouldn't stop choking him. It took the rest of the Brigade coming in to pull Spivey off Rose

Bill Dundee vs. Jimmy Golden

Just as Dundee was in his corner for his match with Mr. Hito, Larry Cameron was in Dundee's corner, backing him up. This became a factor when Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose came down to ringside, clearly up to no good. Cameron blocked their way, staring them down, until Brian Knobs and Jeff Gaylord charged down to the ring and ambushed them from behind. Cameron raised his hands and slowly backed away , leaving them to it, but it provided enough of a distraction to Golden that Dundee caught him in a running cross body and got the pinfall.,

A long, tightly contested bout where Badd Company came on several occasions within a hair's breadth of becoming the new champs. Ragin' & Ravishing wound up resorting to Fernandez blindsiding Diamond when the ref's back was turned to set him up for a Rude Awakening by Rude to keep their hold on the titles.

The Freebirds vs. Leo Burke, Nick Busick, Eddie Gilbert & Brutus Beefcake

A long and wild match where, once again , Gilbert kept trying to get in the ring anytime Gordy was there. Eventually, Busick was able to trap Buddy Jack Roberts with a crushing bearhug to get the win for his team.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna,

The Thundercats (Too Cold Scorpio, Norman Smiley & Larry Cameron) vs. Mando, Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Scorpio had Mando in a pinning predicament, but Chavo hit the Cannonball when the ref's back was turned and put his brother on top to get the win

Nick Busick vs. Mr. Hito

A hard hitting match where Busick was able to force Hito to surrender to the Busick Bender

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Jimmy Snuka

Haynes was able to pin Snuka after a mighty powerslam, but the two kept fighting after the bell

Tom Zenk vs. Doug Somers

Zenk won with the Missile Dropkick

Mike Rotunda vs. Ed Wiskowski

A titanic struggle between two tall men that ended when Rotunda put in an incredible effort and was able to catch the Polish Prince in a Samoan Drop to finally pull out the win

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Tracy Smothers

Smothers put in an heroic effort but the canny Cowboy was able to spot the Jawjacker and counter with a big clothesline that caught him in midair, followed by a crushing backbreaker that got the pinfall for the champ

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Konga The Barbarian

A battle of dangerous men that ended with Konga winning by DQ when he was attacked by Nord. Texas Red retained the title but was clearly annoyed by Nord with the result.