Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Couple of fun house shows with a lot of great action.

Perez keeps racking up wins. I could see him as a good challenger for Orton.

I'm really liking this Spivey story. Now I look forward to what he's going to do next. Rose has inadvertently created a monster.

Knobbs and Gaylord prove to Rose that they can take care of business. Meanwhile Dundee pulls off the win over Golden. This is far from over.

Awesome 8 man tag! Busick gets a huge rub by getting the fall. 

The Guerreros  bend the rules and get a win over the Thundercats. I'll be watching the Guerreros closely.

Busick picks up another big win and even makes Hito submit.

Haynes and Snuka continue to put on some great brawling matches. 

Orton keeps rolling as CA champ as he puts down the tough challenge of Smothers. 

Nord causes the DQ and Texas Red doesn't like it. Don't mess with Texas. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome set of house shows! 

My favorite matches included:

Billy Jack vs Snuka.  Billy Jack just seems ready to explode

Orton vs Smothers.  Both of these two are really underrated if you ask me.

Dundee vs Golden... seems like it should be in the Southeast but it works anywhere!

More Bully please!

Texas Red vs Konga.... one of those matches that would be awesome if wrestling was real!   My money is on Konga!

These type of shows are a testament to the roster you have built along with your planning

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, July 10th

Norman Smiley vs. Hector Guerrero

Last week, Too Cold Scorpio squared off against Mando Guerrero in a classic match where Scorpio was ultimately victorious. Tonight, their partners faced each other, and it looked set to be another great match. This match was more mat based, with both men moving and counter moving to try to set up their respective submission holds. It was a clean cut and gentlemanly match until Smiley had Hector backed into the corner. The ref called for a break, but when Smiley turned away from Hector, Guerrero clipped his knee from behind. He then trapped him in Gory Special until Smiley was forced to give up. Even then, it took him a few seconds after the ref called the match for him to release the hold. After that, Hector was back to being all smiles, but Smiley was in agony and the fans were in shock. What is going on with Hector Guerrero?

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have been drawing sides from all sides in PCW lately … the Vice Squad.

The crowd boos loudly as Jimmy Golden, Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose walk to the ring with sour expressions on their faces.

Bonnema : Jimmy Golden, you seem to be very good at making enemies. Not only have you been feuding with Bill Dundee, but now Buddy Rose and the Playboy Club have sent Brian Knobbs and Jeff Gaylord after you.

Golden : Forget about Bill Dundee, Bonnema, that little runt will get what's coming too him, no doubt about that. Can't say I'm worried about Doughboy Rose either. He struts around like he's hot stuff, like he's the king, but it doesn't say much for him that he's the king of a dump like Portland. *The Portland fans boo even louder* I don't see him as any kind of threat at all.

Bonnema : Jimmy Del Ray, I must say I am shocked at your attitude. You and Brian Knobbs used to be partners and good friends, but ever since he has returned to Pacific Coast, you have given him the cold shoulder.

Del Ray : Brian Knobbs never meant anything to me! He couldn't back me up when I needed him, so I sure don't need him now that he has been replaced. He couldn't cut it in the Vice Squad, so he is history. I'm not surprised that he's so desperate to line up with the Fatboy Club, that's the only bunch who would ever have low enough standards to take him and his doofus of a partner …

Brian Knobbs and Jeff Gaylord run out to the ring, with the rest of the Playboy Club close behind them, and the two factions brawled until they were cleared out by PCW security.

Nord The Barbarian & Crusher Blackwell vs. The Untouchables

Nord and Konga have developed a hatred for each other that has burned with the intensity of a thousand suns. One might suppose that it stems from a rivalry over being called "The Barbarian", but really they just seem to out and out despise each other. Their partners, Crusher Blackwell and Grizzly Boone, both seemed at a loss to contain them from tearing into each other, and when the ref tried to get them under control, he was rewarded for his efforts by getting clotheslined by both of them. Double DQ but that didn't stop the fireworks, until once again it took the full complement of PCW security. Once things had finally settled down, PCW Commissioner Dutch Savage came out and announce that he had officially had enough of Nord and Konga. Clearly, there was only room in PCW, so they would have to settle their differences in a No DQ, No Count Out, Loser Leaves Town match tomorrow at the Portland Memorial Coliseum.

Terry Taylor vs. Brutus Beefcake

Ever since losing the Television Title to Texas Red, Terry Taylor has kept a fairly low profile in PCW. He was looking to get back on the winning path tonight by taking on Missy Hyatt's powerful protector, Brutus Beefcake. Taylor kept up an intense attack on big Brutus, but seemed to get especially annoyed whenever Missy cheered her man on, which was frequently. He kept giving her dirty looks, which would always distract him and give the advantage to Brutus. He finally turned to her and told her to shut the hell up. Bad move as he tried to follow up with the Fivearm, only to be intercepted by a kneelift by Brutus, who swiftly returned fire with the Final Cut which got the pinfall. Missy and Brutus were jubilant at their victory, but Terry Taylor was giving them a venomous look as he left the ring.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands  in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest is one of the most popular wrestlers in all of Pacific Coast Wrestling … Ricky Steamboat!

The crowd explodes in cheers as the handsome Hawaiian walks to the ring. Steamboat is all smiles as he takes time to shake hands with the fans before joining Bonnema for the interview.

Bonnema : Ricky Steamboat, you are quite a roll lately in PCW. I understand that you would like to make an announcement of some sort?

Steamboat : That's right, Frank. I've worked hard here in Pacific Coast Wrestling and have fought my way up the ranks. I've been very lucky to have the support of the fans, and for that, I am truly grateful. But I believe it is time for me to take the next step. I don't think there is any doubt that I have proven myself, and it's time for me to get the title shot that I deserve. I am putting my name to get a shot at Terry Gordy's Pacific Heavyweight Title!

The fans roar out their approval as Frank Bonnema nods.

Bonnema : Big news, Ricky, and I don't think anyone can disagree that you have certainly got a legitimate claim to being the top contender. But there are a lot of people just as hungry who would like to …

He is cut off by "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer playing over the arena PA. Bonnema and Steamboat are both confused (and Steamboat is more than a little bit irked) as Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert walk out to the ring. Missy Hyatt's normally ebullient expression is replaced by a look of great sternness, while Eddie Gilbert looks, if anything, full on shame faced as they enter the ring.

Missy : I am so incredibly sorry to interrupt you, Ricky, but Eddie has something he wants to say to you. *there is an awkward silence as Eddie pouts until Missy swats the back of his head* Apologize to the man, Eddie!

Eddie : *clearly embarrassed* Ricky, I'm … ummm … I'm sorry, okay. I'm sorry for my behaviour in the last match. I shouldn't have tried to do it all by myself. But there was a reason for it *sharp look from Missy* … uh, even if it doesn't excuse anything. You see, all my life, people told me I was too small to really make it. They told me I'd never be as great as my dad. When I came to Pacific Coast Wrestling, I was told, go for the Light Heavyweight Title. Go for the TV title. The Heavyweight Title, that's for bigger wrestlers. Well, I might not be big, but I dreamed big. I wanted to get that shot for myself, the big belt. I wanted to prove to everyone that I wasn't good enough that I have what it takes to be truly great. And when I saw Gordy across from me in that ring, that was all I could think about. It was my shot, my way to stake my claim for a title shot. You know I love you, Ricky. You know I respect you. But I've worked just as hard to earn my chance, and I mean to take it.

Steamboat : *nodding thoughtfully* You have a fair point, Eddie. You have a pretty impressive bunch of wins on your resume, and a rock solid claim of your own at the top contender's spot. So tell you what, let's make a deal. Should either of us take the Heavyweight title, we agree that we will give the other the first title defense. If I win, you will get the first shot, and if you win, you will give me the same. Agreed?

Steamboat holds out his hand to Gilbert. Gilbert stares at it until Missy gives him a pointed look, at which point he enthusiastically shakes it. The two men then embraced as the fans cheered their sportsmanship.

Dan Spivey vs. Buddy Rose

Spivey had been the target of a lot of torment at the hands of Buddy Rose and the Playboy Club, and the taunts of "Psycho! Psycho!" were clearly starting to take their toll on his sanity. With his probationary status and threat of suspension hanging over his head, he had his Brigade partners, Mike Rotunda and Tom Zenk, in his corner to provide moral support and try to calm him down. That didn't stop Rose from doing everything he could to grate on Spivey's already frayed nerves, and the ref threatened Spivey with disqualification on a number of occasions. Rose was smirking every time Spivey had to turn to his comrades to try and get calmed down, but he clearly pushed his buttons one time to many. Spivey turned to him, but his facial expression was completely different, with a stony emotionless look. Rose dove in, but Spivey simply grabbed him and drilled his head into the match with a devastating, lightning quick DDT. Rose was out cold, and Spivey stood over him with one foot as the ref made the count. The other Brigade members and the fans were in shock, but Spivey simply shrugged and gave a slight grin as he left the ring with his partners.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards, July 11th

Nick Busick vs. Ron Starr

Busick won with a spinebuster slam.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Lanny Poffo © vs. Too Cold Scorpio

"Leaping" Lanny successfully defended his belt with the Skydrop.

No DQ, No Count Out, Loser Leaves Town Match : Nord The Barbarian vs. Konga The Barbarian

As you can imagine, this was completely out of control from the get go, with both men slugging it out , inside and outside of the ring. They kept hitting their big moves on each other, with both men refusing to stay down. Nord finally went all the way to the top rope and landed a flying kneedrop to Konga's sternum to keep him down for good. Konga The Barbarian is gone from PCW.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Don Muraco

Another rollicking match between heavyweights. Bigelow whipped Muraco hard into the corner and charged in for an avalanche, but Muraco dodged out of the way. Bigelow, however , was able to stop himself before he crashed into the corner, and whipped around and levelled Muraco with a clothesline. Bigelow swiftly followed up with the Slingshot Splash to get the one two three.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Ragin' & Ravishing © vs. Jimmy Del Ray & Randy Rose

The Vice Squad caught the champions and the crowd off guard by coming out loaded for bear and taking it right to Ragin' & Ravishing. They tossed Fernandez out of the ring and ruthlessly double teamed Rude, busting him open. They put the boots to Fernandez whenever he tried to get in the ring, and savagely beat down Rude before hitting a Spike Piledriver to get the three count. The crowd was dumbfounded as the Vice Squad were crowned the new Pacific Tag Team Champions.

The Playboy Club vs. Mike Rotunda, Tom Zenk & Dan Spivey

The Playboy Club (along with some more obnoxious fans) kept up the taunts of "Psycho!" on Dan Spivey, but he didn't seem to react to it, or much of anything, until he locked Doug Somers in a sleeper hold and refused to release it after the match was called. It took a threat of suspension and the decision being reversed, along with the pleas of his partners, to get Spivey to let go. His partners looked both concerned and terrified after the match.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Terry Gordy © vs. Leo Burke

This match went long, as Burke was determined to finally get the victory, while Gordy was equally determined to put his challenge down for good. Burke kept getting close to sinking in the Sleeper, only for Gordy to battle his way out, while Gordy in turn tried to trap Burke in the Oriental Spike, with Burke resisting at every turn. Gordy finally hit a high angle belly to back suplex that would have put away most men, but Burke somehow got his shoulder up at the last microsecond. Gordy hit a second suplex, but Burke's steely determination prevailed one more time. In desperation, Gordy hit a third suplex, and that finally kept Burke down for the three count. Your winner and still champion, Terry "Bamm Bamm" Gordy.

I said I would be keeping an eye on the Guerreros and wouldn't you know it, Hector is in the opening match. Hector gets the shady win. I really like this story.

The Vice Squad might be taking over as the lead faction. 

The Barbarians will settle this once and for all! One thing about Dutch Savage, he gets things done. 

Taylor's bad luck continues as he drops one to Brutus. 

I get my wish as Steamboat is now going after the title! Hot Stuff adds a lot intrigue here. 

Rose is playing with fire. That DDT Spivey laid on him was freak'n brutal! 

Busick is on fire as he racks up yet another big win. 

Nord does it and sends Konga packing after a wild match! 

Bigelow is getting the upper hand in his feud with Muraco. This is pretty big. 

Oh snap! I thought R and R was going to have a long run as champs but the Vice Squad come in and put the down. I said the Vice Squad might be the number one faction and this just might of cemented that.

Yea, I think the Playboy Club might want to move on from Spivey before he destroys all of them. 

Leo has been a truly tough challenge for Gordy. He gave him an epic fight but the champ retains. I enjoyed this program. 

We got some great blow offs and some new storylines going. Keep up the outstanding work! 

Truth be told, I had planned for RnR to have a fairly long run. But then I was made an offer for Rude and Konga that I just couldn't pass up. So I wrote it as though they were given the titles, then out of nowhere , Rude announces he is leaving for more money. So the promoters said, fine, this is your last show, you drop the titles, you take the fall and you get colour. And he does it to get in one last payday.

7 hours ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Truth be told, I had planned for RnR to have a fairly long run. But then I was made an offer for Rude and Konga that I just couldn't pass up. So I wrote it as though they were given the titles, then out of nowhere , Rude announces he is leaving for more money. So the promoters said, fine, this is your last show, you drop the titles, you take the fall and you get colour. And he does it to get in one last payday.

Totally understand. I have a vision on where I want to take the USWA and just went through a similar situation where I had to hot potato my main titles to get where I finally needed to be. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, July 12th

Nick Busick vs. Barry O

Busick forced Barry to give up to the Busick Bender

Dan Spivey vs. Jake Roberts

Spivey had Roberts trapped in the corner and was raining down punches on him when the ref tried to separate the two, to which Spivey responded by giving a DDT to the ref, leading to the DQ. Jake Roberts seemed to find all of this vastly amusing. It was announced over the PA that Spivey, who was on probation, would be fined $1000 for his actions, and would face indefinite suspension if he did not pay the fine within 48 hours. Word soon trickled back that his fine had been immediately paid … by Jake Roberts? What on earth is going on here?

Larry Cameron vs. Manny Fernandez

A wild bout that Cameron won with the Harlem Hammer

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell vs. Grizzly Boone

A match between super heavyweights that ended in a double countout with both men brawling outside the ring

The White Angel & Chris Adams vs. The Great Kabuki & Mr. Hito

Adams had Kabuki lined up for the Superkick, but Hito clobbered him from behind with the nunchaku and Kabuki got the pinfall

Buddy Rose vs. Tom Zenk

A tightly contested bout that went back and forth, Zenk was looking to take out Rose with the Missile Dropkick, but Rose dodged it at the last second and followed up with a running splash to get the win. Oddly, Rose helped Zenk up after the match and shook his hand in congratulations for a tough match.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Thundercats © vs. Flamboyance

An exciting and fast paced match with lots of high flying and double team moves from both sides, Too Cold Scorpio pulled out a dazzling top rope somersault legdrop that wowed the crowds and got the pinfall on Lanny Poffo

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Al Perez

An epic showdown that went to a 30 minute time limit draw

In a battle of newcomers, Busick comes out on top. 

WOW! Spivey gets fined and his opponent Jake pays it! Very intriguing. 

Fernandez might be a little off since losing the tag straps. 

Blackwell vs. Boone is one of those fun matches to attract fans. 

Kabuki and Hito win this round. I'm liking this feud and have a feeling it's just getting started. 

Rose beats Zenk then helps him up and shakes his hand??? What's going on tonight? 

Thundercats and Flamboyance give the fans a classic tag team match. 

Perez's hard work pays off as he gets a shot at Orton. Awesome match that goes the distance. I would love to see a lot more matches between these two. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Cow Palace , San Francisco , on ESPN / TSN,  July 17th

The Hart Foundation vs. Shamar Thomas & Matt Bischoff

For the past few weeks, it seemed as though Gary Hart's talk of big things for his stable were just blowing smoke as they suffered several losses to their ranks. But tonight he showed that he had an ace up his sleeve as he unveiled his new tag team : The Hart Foundation. Jim Neidhart was a powerfully built former Oakland Raider with a distinctive beard and maniacal laugh. Bret Hart was part of the legendary Hart Family of Calgary, a second generation wrestler with slicked black hair and a smug attitude. The pair had been teaming together in other federations for a while now until Gary Hart brought them in for big money to anchor his stable. They showed their experience right of the match as they easily dispatched the rookie team of Thomas and Bischoff. Neidhart crushed the opposition with big tackles and power moves while Hart pulled them every which way with his polished technical expertise. They finally put them out of their misery when Neidhart hoisted up Thomas in a bearhug and Hart followed up with a clothesline off the ropes, a move they call the Hart Attack. Gary Hart was looking insufferably self satisfied with his new find, and who can blame him?

Norman Smiley, Too Cold Scorpio & Bill Dundee vs. The Guerrero Brothers

Last week, Hector Guerrero shocked many people by using underhanded tactics to get a win over Norman Smiley. The Thundercats demand for answers was met with a challenge to meet them in a six man tag match. Smiley and Scorpio brought with them their mentor, Bill Dundee, but the Guerreros plans were soon revealed as they ambushed the Thundercats as they came out to the ring. They clobbered Smiley and Scorpio with their bandoliers and then focused their attention on Dundee, relentlessly triple teaming him until Chavo hit the Cannonball to finish him off. But that was not enough for them, as Chavo hit a second Cannonball after the pinfall was counted, and Hector locked him in the Gory Special as his brothers held off Smiley and Scorpio. Finally, Larry Cameron came charging out from the locker room and ran them off, but the damage had already been done. Dundee was clearly in very bad shape as his teammates helped him from the ring.

Cabin Fever vs. Colton Cumbie & John Cody

After the shocking loss of Pacific Tag Team Titles last week, many were wondering what would become of Manny Fernandez now that his partner was gone. The answer came in the form of the new team Cabin Fever. Grizzly Boone, now bereft of his own partner, has been brought into the Crazy Gang to be Fernandez' new team mate, and they certainly made for an intimidating pairing. Fernandez was all over Cumbie, battering him before turning him over to Boone, who looked like he would break the young rookie half. Boone crushed him with a belly to belly suplex, at which point the pinfall was academic. In spite of their recent losses, the Crazy Gang looks to be coming back strong.

Nick Busick vs. Buddy Jack Roberts

The gruff and burly Busick may seem like an unlikely crowd favorite, but the fans have readily taken to the strongman from Powerhouse Hill ever since his PCW debut a couple of weeks ago. He took time to shake hands with the fans at ringside before coming into the ring to face the veteran Freebird. Buddy Jack wasn't sure what to do with someone with as much raw power as Busick, but he certainly tried, first trying to outwrestle him, then with more sneaky tactics. No matter what he tried, Busick dug in and came back with his incredible power, bowling Roberts all over the ring. He eventually whipped Buddy Jack into the ropes then drove him into the mat with a jarring Spinebuster Slam that knocked all of the wind out of him. One two three and Busick had pulled off a very impressive victory.

Loser Leaves Town Match : Buddy Rose vs. Jimmy Golden

Speaking of unlikely people to be gaining the favour of the fans, Buddy Rose has taken umbrage at Golden's recent comments running down Portland, and challenged him to a Loser Leaves Town match. The Playboy still has a bit of a following in San Francisco remaining from his time in Roy Shire's old promotion, and bizarrely had the crowd behind him against the even more obnoxious Golden. Golden pulled out a variety of dirty tactics in this match, to which Rose responded with his own shortcuts that perversely got the approval of the crowd. Things looked like they were about to break down when Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose rushed out to the ring to interfere on behalf of Golden, but they were intercepted by Brian Knobbs and Jeff Gaylord. As the two sides slugged it out, Golden looked to take advantage of the distraction by taking Rose out with a piledriver, but Rose was suckering him in and countered with an inside cradle. The ref made the three count and the Playboy had dealt a decisive blow to the Vice Squad by sending their leader packing.

Ricky Steamboat vs. Michael Hayes

Having announced his intention to challenge for Terry Gordy's Pacific Heavyweight Title, Ricky Steamboat has drawn the full attention of the Freebirds to him, who clearly want to nip this challenge right in the bud. Michael PS Hayes came out clearly looking to put down Steamboat and his dreams of title glory, but both he and Steamboat were caught off guard by the appearance of Eddie Gilbert and Brutus Beefcake at ringside. Steamboat asked what Gilbert was playing at, but Gilbert raised his hands and assured the Dragon that he had nothing to worry about. The rest of the match continued as normal. The two men battled back and forth, until Hayes' Freebird brothers Buddy Jack Roberts and Jake "The Snake" Roberts made their way to ringside, looking to tip the balance in favor of Hayes, only to find themselves being impassively stared down by Gilbert and Beefcake. Realizing he would have to do it on his own, Hayes tried to take Steamboat down with a running bulldog headlock, but Steamboat blocked it and countered with a belly to back suplex that got the pinfall. Gilbert and Beefcake quickly entered the ring to congratulate Steamboat, and the Freebirds wisely beat a hasty retreat. It looks like if anyone wants to interfere in Steamboat's matches, they will have to answer to Eddie Gilbert and Brutus Beefcake.

Fantastic show! 

Gary Hart with the Hart Foundation...Brilliant! This is a game changer for Pacific. 

I was waiting for it and tonight it happened. The Guerreros have officially gone heel! Looks like their heading into a big feud with the Thundercats.

I was wondering what you were going to do with Fernandez. Question answered as Fernandez and Boone form Cabin Fever. Love that name! 

Great job in getting Busick over. He elevates with that big win over Buddy Jack. 

Wow! Buddy Rose getting cheers. He delivers a big blow to the Vice Squad by sending Golden packing. Rose could end up being the biggest face in Pacific. 

Gordy better be ready because Steamboat is coming after him. Still intrigued by Gilbert. 

With all these great storylines going, Pacific is going to pack the arenas. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland,  on Pacific Super Cards, July 18th

Tracy Smothers & Keiichi Yamada vs. The Hart Foundation

Hart pinned Yamada after a flying clothesline

Tom Zenk & Al Perez vs. Bob Orton & Barry O

Perez hit Barry with a German Suplex for the victory

Nick Busick vs. Mr. Hito

The tough Japanese veteran gave Busick an incredibly stiff challenge in a match that looked like it would go the distance, but Busick was able to catch Hito in a spinebuster slam at the last moment to pull out the win

Mike Rotunda & Dan Spivey vs. Buddy Rose & Doug Somers

Hoo boy. In the past few weeks, the Playboy Club have been goading Dan Spivey, only to have to deal with his fury when he unleashed it. This time out, Rose and Somers were clearly petrified at the thought of locking up with Spivey, and were doing anything to avoid engaging him. They refrained from their usual chants of "Psycho!", not wanting to rile him any more than he already was, but the chant was still picked up by some of the more obnoxious Oakland fans. This frightened the Playboy Club that they started shushing the crowd and pleading with them to quiet the chants, which only spurred them to chant even louder, which in turn served to enrage Spivey. Rotunda was obviously quite concerned for his Brigade partner and tried his best to keep him out of the ring, but eventually Spivey insisted on tagging in. He then unleashed his full fury on poor Doug Somers, battering him with massive punches and crushing him with jarring power moves before finally dispatching him with a DDT. Spivey stood over Somers and placed one foot on his chest while the ref made his count. But that wasn't the end of it, as Spivey started to mercilessly stomp down on Somers, taking a terrible toll until Rose desperately threw himself on top of his partner to try to save him. It took all of Rotunda's strength to pull Spivey back, but he did seem to ultimately be able to placate him, and he tearily embraced his partner, broken up over what was happening to him. But the moment he turned his back on him, Spivey locked him in a sleeper hold. Spivey had a look of eerie calm on his face as he choked out his partner, only releasing when Al Perez and Tom Zenk rushed out and pulled him off. The Brigade , the Playboy Club and the fans were all horrified as Spivey slowly walked away from the ring, his only expression a chilling smile.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Jimmy Del Ray & Randy Rose © vs. Brian Knobbs & Jeff Gaylord

The match went to a no contest with both teams brawling in the ring at the same time

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. The Great Kabuki

Kabuki gave Texas Red his toughest challenge yet, but he was able to block the thrust kick and follow up with a chokeslam to successfully defend his title

The Freebirds vs. Ricky Steamboat, Eddie Gilbert, Brutus Beefcake & Bam Bam Bigelow

Steamboat and Gilbert teamed much more harmoniously than last time, and Steamboat was able to whip Hayes into a Hot Shot by Gilbert to get the victory for their team.

Hart Foundation are going to be so huge here! 

Perez gets the pin on Barry. I think Bob has a serious challenger on his hands. 

Busick using the spinebuster fits so well. 

WOW! Spivey has officially checked out by putting Rotunda down. What's scary is I think this is just the beginning. 

I like Del Ray and Rose holding the titles but they have Knobbs and Gaylord coming after them hard.

Texas Red continues his dominant TV title reign. Big win here over Kabuki. 

Great main event to end the show. Steamboat and Gilbert work well tonight. I wonder how long this will last? This is such an intriguing storyline. 

I've mentioned this before but I really love what you've done with your roster. Everybody has something big going on and I'm sure the wrestlers are happy about that. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno , July 19th

Brutus Beefcake & Badd Company vs. Terry Taylor & The Hart Foundation

Beefcake had Neidhart locked in a sleeper hold, but Taylor snuck in and blindsided him with the Fivearm, then put Neidhart on top of him to get the win for his team

Leo Burke & Nick Busick vs. Bob Orton & Barry O

A tensely fought battle that went to a 20 minute time limit draw

Crusher Blackwell & Nord The Barbarian vs. Cabin Fever

A hard hitting bout where Grizzly Boone caught Nord in an Avalanche and followed up with a belly to belly suplex to get the victory

Tracy Smothers vs. Ed Wiskowski

This match went long with Smothers throwing everything he could at Wiskowski to try to put him down, but in the end the Polish Prince was able to hit the face first piledriver to pull out the win

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Jimmy Snuka

This was an all out war with both men being busted open and finally ended with Billy Jack hitting the diving legdrop to put Snuka away

Adams got in the way between Kabuki and Angel and was hit with the green mist in the face. Hito then hit him with a backdrop driver to score the pinfall.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Thundercats © vs. Flamboayance

Smiley and Scorpio came out bandaged and banged up from the attack by the Guerreros a couple of days before, but still had a long and fast paced match that they were able to win when Scorpio pinned Starr with a flying splash

The Fresno fans get some big matches tonight.

Cool seeing Taylor team with the Hart Foundation. 

Burke, Busick and the Orton's are on their A game tonight and give the fans a solid match.

The Billy Jack/Snuka saga continues with another brutal match. Great feud! 

Speaking of great feuds, thanks to the mist, Hito and Kabuki pull out the win tonight. 

The night ends on a high note as the Thundercats retain against Flamboyance. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, July 24th 

Steve Armstrong vs. David Samson

One of the newest additions to the Pacific Coast roster is young Steve Armstrong. Son of the legendary "Bullet" Bob Armstrong, the handsome and charming young man took time to shake hands with the fans before the match and had them solidly behind him as he easily handled David Samson. Armstrong was all over Samson with lightning quick dropkicks and armdrags before going up top and finishing him with a flying clothesline that looked like it would take off his head. Armstrong soaked in the cheers of the fans but was even more pleased when he turned around and saw Tracy Smothers had entered the ring. The two men were long time friends and warmly embraced as Smothers welcomed Armstrong to the Pacific Coast. Could we be seeing a new duo in the works?

Badd Company vs. The Hart Foundation

Although they had never faced each other before, these two teams had a lot of heat going into this match, due to the intense hatred between their respective managers, Missy Hyatt and Gary Hart. Badd Company were the first ones out and started running the ropes to limber up. The Hart Foundation were next, cocksure and belligerent, and as they went past the ring on the way to the ringsteps, Bret Hart idly reached between the ropes and tripped Paul Diamond, which got a big laugh from Jim Neidhart. It didn't go over nearly as well with Badd Company, who dove out of the ring and started slugging it out. The Harts returned fire, then Missy Hyatt and Gary Hart got in the act, screaming at each other. The match never got off the ground as the two teams brawled and the ref had no choice but to declare a no contest. It took a full complement of PCW officials to get them separated. It looks like mutual antipathy runs hot and deep through both Hyatt International and the Hart Foundation.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest have shocked many people with their recent actions … the Guerrero Brothers!

The crowd boos as Chavo, Mando and Hector Guerrero head to the ring, but they don't seem fazed, and in fact are laughing as they enter the ring

Bonnema : *unsure of who to talk to* Uhhh, Guerrero Brothers, last week you perpetrated a brutal attack on the Thundercats that sent Bill Dundee out of Pacific Coast. You disappointed a lot of fans with your actions. What has gotten into you?

Hector : Hey, if that Australian runt couldn't take it, he made his best move in getting out of here. Spare him the sight of what we are going to do to his little Boy Scouts.

Chavo : We are done worrying about what the fans think. These young guys coming in, they see us as the first step to getting the big matches. They see us as stepping stones. Well the Guerreros are nobody's stepping stones. We are going to take those big matches for ourselves, whether the fans like it or not.

Mando : Thunderkittens, you have been babysitting the Golden State Tag Titles for long enough. We are coming to take back what is ours. And we don't care who we have to hurt to get them!

?? vs. Garrett Adelstein

This segment started out with the rookie Adelstein in the ring and Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose demanding the microphone from the announcer.

Del Ray : Last week, we lost our brother , Jimmy Golden. The Fatboy Club ran him out of PCW. Well, the Vice Squad isn't going away any time soon. We've found somebody new, even better to be one of us. We already have the Pacific Tag Team Titles, and this man is going to make sure that we will rule the top of PCW … "Hollywood" John Tatum!

The crowd boos as Tatum struts out to the ring, pouting all the way. Tatum takes the mic from Del Ray, acting like he owns the place.

Tatum : You lucky people! "Hollywood" John Tatum has returned to Los Angeles to grace you peons with my presence, and let me tell you, it is good to be back home. It's even worth having to go to dumps like Portland to get to lord it over people like you! And to show that this is a new age for us, we are changing our name to the Hollywood Vice Squad! (Rose and Del Ray nod in approval in the background) Enough of this small talk, let me at that punk!

Tatum drops the microphone and attacks Adelstein and from there, it was a one man show, with Adelstein not even able to get a punch in. Tatum battered the rookie with punches and stomps before finally locking him in the Cobra Clutch until Adelstein gave up. Even then, Tatum dropped him like a sack of garbage before he and the rest of the Vice Squad, errr, Hollywood Vice Squad strode out of the ring. If the Playboy Club thing they are done with them, they might want to think again.

Kabuki and Hito came out looking ready to kill, with Gary Hart accompanying them and carrying a metal briefcase. White Angel came out next with his usually look of intensity beneath the white face paint, while Adams trailed a certain distance behind him, looking a bit sullen and detached. White Angel started out the match but was caught off guard by Kabuki and Hito double teaming him with incredible aggression.  He was even more caught off guard when he was able to get near his corner to try to make a tag, only for Chris Adams to fold his arms across his chest and make no attempt to tag in. Every time Angel tried to make the tag, Adams just stared at him and let his partner take a further beating. All was revealed when Gary Hart walked over to the opposite corner and opened up the briefcase, showing it was filled with money. Adams looked down at the money, nodded, and jumped down and closed the briefcase before taking it away to the locker room, leaving his partner alone in the ring. Angel was stunned, leaving him open to be caught by Hito, who crushed him with two swift backdrop drivers. What a terrible act of betrayal by Chris Adams.

Bonnema : *looking terrified* Ummmm, ladies and gentlemen, my next guest has, ah, raised a lot of questions with his recent actions … Dan Spivey!

Some of the crowd boos, but the rest are not sure how to react when Spivey, dressed in white slacks and a Hawaiian shirt with a toothpick in his mouth, lazily strides out to the ring. He has a creepy half smile on his face as he steps over the top rope into the ring.

Bonnema : *nervously* Errr, Dan Spivey, you shocked a lot of people when you attacked your friend, Mike Rotunda, and turned your back on your fans. What on earth has come over you?

Spivey : *puts his arm around Bonnema's shoulders, Bonnema shudders* You've got a few things wrong here, Mister Bonnema. You see, Danny Spivey is over and done with. I tried being him, that nice boy that my momma raised. But just like before, the Playboy Club kept pushing me and pushing me, and when I stood up for myself, they said I should be banned from the ring. I came out here and bared my soul to the fans, told them what I had been through and how hard I was trying to be good. And these so called fans laughed at me and called me "Psycho". So I am through with trying to be that man. You won't be seeing Dan Spivey any more. Waylon Mercy is the guy that nobody messed with, and you are all going to regret that you brought him back.

Spivey, er, Waylon Mercy is interrupted by "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" by AC/DC plays over the arena PA. Bonnema jumps but Mercy just seems curious as Jake "The Snake" Roberts heads out to the ring.

Snake : *holding his hands up* Chill, my man, I come in peace. I hear what you are saying and I think we have the same mindset. You can't spend your life trying to fulfill other people's expectations of you, you have to be your own man. And I think I can lend a hand to help you reach your potential. *offers his hand to Mercy*

Waylon Mercy takes his hand but grips it tightly and the smile vanishes from his face. Even though he has just a couple of inches in height on Roberts, he seems to tower over him.

Mercy : Well, "my man" … what's in it for me?

Snake : Some eyes to watch your back. Another pair of fists to hit back for you. You see, I've been spending time with my brothers in the Freebirds, but I have in mind to do something else. A group of like minded individuals who know how fickle society can be, and when it comes down on it, you can't count on the fans. But we can look out for each other, and we can take on the world together. What do you say?

Mercy stares at him for a moment, then puts his arm around Snake's shoulders and they leave the ring together. Pacific Coast Wrestling has just become a much scarier place. God help us …

Loser Leaves Town Match : Jeff Gaylord vs. Jimmy Del Ray

Last week, the recently renamed Hollywood Vice Squad lost Jimmy Golden to a Loser Leaves Town match with the Playboy Club. This time, they are looking to strike back by putting it all on the line again with Jimmy Del Ray squaring off against big Jeff Gaylord. Their respective partners, Randy Rose and Brian Knobbs, were at ringside and the threat of chaos breaking out was a constant presence through the match. The powerful Gaylord was a lot for Del Ray to try to contain, although he did his best through his canny counter moves and occasional dirty tricks. When Gaylord locked Del Ray in a mighty bearhug, it looked like the Hollywood Vice Squad  were going to lose another man, but that was when Randy Rose started slugging it out with Knobbs , which distracted the ref. While this was going on, John Tatum snuck into the ring and came off the top rope with a flying elbow smash to the back of Gaylord's head. By the time the ref turned around, Tatum was gone and Del Ray was covering Gaylord, so he made the three count. Now it is the Playboy Club who are now a man down in this feud.

Could we be seeing the birth of the Southern Boys? I hope so. 

OK, it looks like the Hart Foundation are involved in their first program. Badd Co. and the Hart Foundation are going to give the fans a lot of action packed matches. Along with Hart and Hyatt on the outside, this should be a lot of fun. 

I'm liking the heel Guerreros. They want the belts and the Thundercats better be ready. 

Tatum arrives and just like that we now have the Hollywood Vice Squad. I really like this trio. 

Money! The biggest temptation in wrestling. Hart offers it and Adams accepts. No doubt this will lead to a wild Adams/Angel feud. 

After an outstanding build, Waylon Mercy has arrived! As if this wasn't scary enough, Jake the Snake offers Waylon his help. This means trouble in Pacific. Know what I mean. 

Del Ray gets some sweet revenge as he sends Gaylord packing and sends the Playboy Club a message. 

Great show with a lot of new and exciting developments. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, July 25th

Mike Rotunda & Tom Zenk vs. Waylon Mercy & Jake "The Snake" Roberts

Mercy pinned Zenk after he and Snake hit him with a double DDT

Brutus Beefcake vs. Mr. Hito

Beefcake won with the Final Cut

The Guerrero Brothers vs. The Thundercats

A fast paced six-man tag match where Hector caught Scorpio in the Guerrero Clutch for the victory

The White Angel vs. The Great Kabuki

These two had an intense battle which it looked like White Angel was about to prevail when he went up top for the Moonsault, only for Chris Adams to rush out the ring and knock him off the turnbuckle, leading to a DQ. He was soon followed by the Hart Foundation, Mr. Hito and Gary Hart. The wrestlers beat down Angel and held him prone while Hart told Kabuki to spray him with the Black Mist … but Kabuki refused! Hart got on the mic and told Kabuki that he owned him and he had damned well better spray Angel with the Black Mist if he knew what was good for him. For a moment, it looked like Kabuki would comply, but instead he sprayed Gary Hart! He then pulled out his nunchaku and cleared the other wrestlers out of the ring, who dragged out Gary Hart and beat a hasty retreat. Kabuki protectively helped his son to his feet and assisted him to the back.

"Crusher" Jerry Blackwell, Nord The Barbarian & Nick Busick vs. Cabin Fever & Barry O

A wild six-man tag match which completely broke down in brawling when Nord went up top and hit a flying kneedrop on Barry O, the same move he used to send Konga out of PCW, for the victory. But that wasn't enough, as he went up top and gave another crushing flying kneedrop that caused Barry O to start spitting up blood. His horrified partners tried to pull him off, but he backhanded them both and stormed out of the ring. Barry O was taken out of the ring on a stretcher.

Keiichi Yamada vs. ?? ??

Yamada came out alone and handed a note to the ring announcer. The announcer read the note, which said that Keiichi Yamada had accepted an offer to go to a different promotion and this would be his last PCW match. To show his appreciation for the PCW fans who had given him so much support, he was asking that his final match for them be against his best friend, Tracy Smothers. Smother came out, looking unsure, but Yamada spoke to him and Tracy agreed to the match. The result was a very exciting and competitive match, where both men went all out and the fans were on the edge of their seats the whole time. The end came when Yamada went for a top rope flying cross body press, but Smothers ducked at the last moment. Smothers then went up top and hit the Jawjacker to score the victory. After  the match, the two young wrestlers tearfully embraced and the fans gave them a standing ovation.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Terry Gordy © vs. Ricky Steamboat

A very hard hitting bout which ended with a DQ when Michael Hayes and Buddy Jack Roberts charged in and attacked Steamboat. Eddie Gilbert and Brutus Beefcake soon followed to even the sides and the brawl continued until the AWA officials cleared the ring.

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, July 26th

Badd Company vs. The Hart Foundation

Bret Hart caught Pat Tanaka in a victory roll out of the corner to get the win for the Hart Foundation

Steve Armstrong vs. Buddy Jack Roberts

Armstrong won with a top rope flying clothesline

Eddie Gilbert vs. Terry Taylor

Taylor stopped to jaw with Missy Hyatt, which allowed Gilbert to catch him in the Thesz Press and score the pinfall

Texas Red & Nick Busick vs. Cabin Fever

A wild match where Busick astonished the crowd by body slamming the huge Grizzly Boone and Texas Red pulling out the win when he chokeslammed Manny Fernandez

Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskowski & Brian Knobbs vs. The Hollywood Vice Squad

Buddy Rose caught Randy Rose in the Inside Out Backbreaker and scored the victory for the Playboy Club

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Al Perez

Perez worked long and hard on Orton's right arm with various scissor holds and takedowns, trying to get him in the Japanese Armbar. Orton fought back ferociously, and while Perez wasn't able to get him to give up, he had him set up for the German Suplex, but Orton broke free with an elbow shot to the head. Orton was then able to take him down with a lariat, and although that caused a huge amount of pain for his damaged arm, he was still able to get the one two three and keep his hold on his title.

The fans defiantly got their money's worth in LA!

Waylon and Jake with a double DDT! That's a devastating finisher.

Brutus continues to rise.

The Guerreros win round one over the Thundercats. 

Huge twist as Kabuki sprays Hart and reunites with his son. The fans must have been going nuts when Kabuki was cleaning house. New feud on the way! 

WOW! Nord gets crazy and sends Barry O out on a stretcher. A wild Nord is bad news for the Pacific roster.

Yamada goes out in style as him and Smothers tear the house down. Classy way to go. 

Gordy retains over Steamboat on a DQ. Chaos ensues. This is one of the most interesting storylines in the game and I think it's only just begun. 

On to Santa Barbara,

Hart Foundation rack up a win over Badd Co.

Armstrong gets a big upset over Buddy Jack! 

I know Taylor and Gilbert put on a great match. These guys are workers. 

Texas Red and Busick is a hard hitting powerhouse duo. Busick impresses with that slam on Grizzly.

Say what you want about them but the Playboy Club always finds a way to win. I'm sure the Vice Squad will be coming back for more. 

All of Perez's hard work pays off as he gets a shot at Orton. Great match as Orton barley pulls out the win. 

Exciting loop. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, on ESPN / TSN, July 31st

The Dog Pound vs. Brice Johnston & Cliff Robinson

The Dog Pound would turn out to be the new team of Brian Knobbs and Rick Steiner. Having lost his partner, Jeff Gaylord, in a loser leaves town match last week, Knobbs has swiftly regrouped and found a new teammate in this young rookie. Steiner, a powerfully built graduate of University of Michigan, had an abundance of enthusiasm as he gleefuly tore into Johnston and Robinson with mighty clotheslines and crushing slams. Johnston was pretty much tenderized by the time Steiner turned him over to Knobbs, who quickly put him away with the running power slam. It seems like, no matter how many casualties the war between the Playboy Club and the Vice Squad suffers, there is no shortage of volunteers looking to join the fray.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are no strangers to controversy here in PCW … Gary Hart International!

The crowd rains down boos on Gary Hart and his men, but keep their most furious anger for the latest member, Chris Adams. Adams, for his part, is laughing as he enters the ring.

Bonnema : Chris Adams, I am frankly appalled at your actions of late. How could you stab your best friend, the White Angel, in the back like that?

Adams : Best friends? We were never friends. It was only because of my connections to Japan that I got dragged into his issues in the first place. And what was it all for? Night after night, nunchuks to the head. Green mist in the face. Not the so-called White Angel, ME! And I got to thinking : why should I end up taking all the punishment for his problems? It wasn't any of my business. So when Gary Hart made his offer, I made the best decision for me. From now on, I am choosing where my allegiance lie, and it is with the man who pays my bills.

Gary Hart : That's right! This is a man who respects his commitments and knows the value of a dollar! Unlike that traitor, the not so Great Kabuki! Kabuki, I was the one who bought off your debts with that Singapore warlord! And this is the gratitude I get? You chose your punk kid over me, and I will make you regret that choice. I have the organization to run the both of you out of wrestling. And Missy Hyatt … hey, little girl, I haven't forgotten about you. I have one last special surprise for you, just you wait and see.

British Steel vs. John Rocker & Drew Christy

As "Living After Midnight" by Judas Priest played over the arena PA, the fans craned their necks to see who this new team were. British Steel got a round of cheers the moment they came out from the curtains, and were a very young team consisting of Steven Regal and Robbie Brookside, two fit and trim Englishmen making their North American debut here in PCW. They may be quite young, but certainly were not lacking in confidence and athleticism. Regal impressed many with his mat skills as he wrapped up Rocker in several weardown holds, while Brookside was lightning quick with his dropkicks and clotheslines. They even got an extra big cheer when they whipped out their finisher, the Lawbreaker, which was a double slingshot belly to back suplex that put Christy down for good. They may have some tough competition ahead of them in PCW, but British Steel have certainly made a strong and positive impression on the fans in their PCW debut.

Nick Busick vs. Manny Fernandez

Nick Busick is another wrestler that the fans have taken to their hearts of late, but certainly had his work cut out for him with the Ragin' Bull. No matter what the man from Powerhouse Hill tried, Fernandez kept clawing his way out and firing back at him. He couldn't hold Manny down for his usual submission holds, and his power moves couldn't take effect because it was so difficult to land a shot on the always moving Fernandez. Busick started to feel overwhelmed by his opponent, but he wisely took a moment to slip of the ring and compose himself. Having calmed down, he renewed his attack and was able to make more selected shots, chipping away at Fernandez and getting him in some predicaments. But it was when Fernandez got careless and came at him full speed that Busick was ultimately able to take advantage, catching him in a massive spinebuster slam that just barely got the three count. Busick certainly proved himself with this win, but I don't think he has seen the last of the Ragin' Bull.

Michael Hayes vs. Tracy Smothers

Smothers is coming off a series of matches challenging for Bob Orton's California title and had the fans firmly on his side. Hayes, on the other hands, had no such fan support but had is Freebird brother Buddy Jack Roberts on his side and clearly didn't think much of Smothers. He took every opportunity to complain to the ref or throw a tantrum every time Smothers took the advantage, but the Wild Eyed Southern Boy kept pressing his attack. He kept it up until he went up top for the Jawjacker, but Roberts, just out of sight of the ref, snuck up behind him and shoved him off the top turnbuckle. Hayes pounced on him and hit a running bulldog headlock for the three count, but that wasn't enough for the Freebirds, who kept putting the boots to Smothers until Steve Armstrong rushed in and ran him out of the ring. It looks like the men from Badstreet have now roused the ire of two proud Southerners.

Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Don Muraco

Bigelow and Muraco have been going at it in a series of match, where both men been fairly even in winning matches. The Beast From The East was clearly set on getting a definitive win over the Magnificent One, and was extremely aggressive right out of the gate. No matter what Muraco tried, Bigelow was coming after him hard and heavy. But his attack was cut short when somebody charged into the ring and attacked him. It was "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka, and he, Muraco and Sheikh Kaissie triple teamed him, driving him down into the mat. Bigelow could not overcome those numbers, and Muraco and Kaissie held him down as Snuka came off the top for the Superfly Splash, not once but twice. Nick Busick and Leo Burke charged out to rescue their young friend, but Bigelow was clearly in bad shape and had to be taken out on a stretcher that took 4 men to carry.