Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was ever a name for the team of Knobbs and Steiner, the Dog Pound is it. 

Adams and Hart might be the most hated men in Pacific. 

Another tag team debut with British Steel. Great name. Looking forward to seeing what these young and exciting Brits do in Pacific.

Busick gets another big win, this time over the Raging Bull. This could be a fun and hard hitting mid card program.

Thanks to Buddy Jack, Hayes gets the win over Smothers. Armstrong fights off the post match attack. Freebirds vs. Southern Boys...YES! 

WOW! Snuka aligning with Muraco! These guys together is one rough combo. Add in Adnan and it's a triple threat. Bam Bam has some heavy hitting friends as well with Busick and Burke. Chaos is going to happen when these 6 men go at it.

Never a dull moment. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on Pacific Super Cards, August 1st

Tom Zenk vs. Waylon Mercy

Mercy won with the DDT

Larry Cameron vs. Mando Guerrero

A tightly contested bout where Cameron was able to hit the Harlem Hammer for the victory.

Brutus Beefcake & Badd Company vs. Mr. Hito & The Hart Foundation

Given the extreme hatred between these two teams, this was predictably chaotic. But things took a drastic turn when Chris Adams came out to the ring and he and Gary Hart started jawing with Missy Hyatt. Brutus Beefcake came over and interposed himself between the two sides, but then, out of nowhere, Terry Taylor appeared and ambushed him by clobbering him in the back of the head with the Fivearm. While Adams put the boots to Beefcake, Taylor grabbed Missy by the hair while Hart terrorized her, screaming in her face. While this was going on, Jim Neidhart blindsided Pat Tanaka with a clip to the back of the leg, and as Hito and Bret Hart double teamed Paul Diamond, Neidhart finished off Tanaka with a running powerslam. Missy was ultimately rescued by Eddie Gilbert, The Great Kabuki and The White Angel charged out and ran off Gary Hart's crew, but she was clearly badly shaken up as she was helped to the back. It looks like this feud got even hotter with Terry Taylor throwing his lot in with Gary Hart International.

Nick Busick & Leo Burke vs. Cabin Fever

A wild and hard hitting bout that ended when Grizzly Boone caught Burke with a belly to belly suplex for the victory

Buddy Rose vs. Randy Rose

This battle in the War Of The Roses was won by "Playboy" Buddy Rose when he hit the Inside Out Backbreaker

Ricky Steamboat vs. Michael Hayes

Hayes was clearly out to nip Steamboat's challenge to Terry Gordy in the bud and went all out against the Dragon. This match went back and forth and Hayes tried to put Steamboat away with a running bulldog headlock, but Steamboat blocked it and countered with a belly to back suplex for the one two three.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Terry Gordy © vs. Eddie Gilbert

Eddie Gilbert came out alone for his title challenge, and was clearly distracted during this match, looking over his shoulder and obviously concerned over the status of his manager. Regardless, he did his best to take down the much bigger Gordy, and tried to get the victory with the Lou Thesz Press, but Gordy caught him and dropped him throat first on the top rope. It was the Hot Shot, Gilbert's own move! Gordy followed up with a huge Freebird Piledriver to put an end to Gilbert's challenge.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, August 2nd

British Steel vs. The Hart Foundation

The young British Team gave the Harts a real run for their money in this match that had the crowd on their feet throughout, but the more experienced team were able to catch Brookside in a Hart Attack to pull out the win. Despite the loss, Regal and Brookside won the respect of a lot of the fans tonight.

The White Angel & The Great Kabuki vs. Chris Adams & Mr. Hito

Angel pinned Hito with the Moonsault

Tracy Smothers vs. Buddy Jack Roberts

Smothers went up top for the Jawjacker, only to be shoved to the ground by Michael Hayes, leading to the DQ. The Freebirds continued to attack Smothers until Steve Armstrong rushed out for the rescue

Ed Wiskowski & The Dog Pound vs. The Vice Squad

While the Dog Pound were brawling at ringside with Rose and Del Ray, John Tatum took advantage of the distraction and caught Wiskowski in a rollup assisted by a handful of trunks for the pinfall

Nick Busick vs. Lanny Poffo

A very exciting match pitting the power and determination of Busick against the speed and agility of Poffo. Poffo had Busick lined up for the Skydrop, but Busick got his knees up and Poffo landed hard. Busick then locked Poffo in the Busick Bender and forced him to give up, to the great cheers of the fans.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Thundercats © vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

A very tense match where it looked like the Guerreros would take the titles at a number of different points, but Smiley and Scorpio were able to hold out and go to a 30 minute Time Limit Draw.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Ron Starr

The veteran Starr gave the champ a hell of a fight, even busting the big Texan open at one point, but Red managed to flatten him with a Western Lariat and successfully defend his title.

Awesome shows this week.  

Liked how Hayes tried to slow down Steamboat but the Dragon was having nothing to do with it!

Terry Gordy is just a beast in Pacific!

I will admit that with all of your tag team names, I sometimes forget who is on each team but I don't think I can every forget the Dog Pound... perfect name for them

Waylon is devastating with that DDT.

Wild 6 man tag with all sorts of chaos! Oh man if Terry Taylor has hooked up with Hart that's big trouble for Hot Stuff Inc. 

LOL The War of the Roses! Nice. 

Hayes tried hard but Steamboat gets passed him as he gets ready for Gordy.

Speaking of Gordy, he uses Gilbert's move and adds in a piledriver to retain. Man, Gordy has been a dominating champ. 

Hart Foundation get the win but British Steel gets a lot of respect.

Love the father/son team of Kabuki and Angel. They score a big win over rivals Hito and Adams.

The Freebirds/Southern Boys story is really heating up. 

Vice Squad gets in a hard fought win over Wiskowski and the Pound. 

Busick is really getting over big with the fans.

That Thundercats/Guerreros match stole the show.

Starr really gave Red a run for his money but the TV champ prevails. 

I really liked this week's match ups. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, August 7th

The Southern Boys vs. Dale Wentworth & Vince Sly

After their recent respective altercations with the Freebirds, long time friends Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong have teamed up as the Southern Boys and certainly left a strong impression on the fans with their debut. Wentworth and Sly never really got going as the two fan favorites ran over them with incredible speed, swiftly tagging in and out and hitting high impact double team moves that climaxed with Smothers hoisting Sly up in a bearhug and Armstrong coming off the top rope with a missile dropkick that put him away. The Freebirds may well regret trying to push these two wild eyed Southern Boys around.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests were the victims of a dastardly ambush last week at the hands of Gary Hart International … Missy Hyatt and Hyatt International!

Missy Hyatt strides out to the ring with her like she owns the place, a look of barely restrained fury on her face. Eddie Gilbert, on the other hand , looked uncharacteristically subdued, verging on downcast as he trailed behind her.

Bonnema : Missy, we will get to you in a moment, but I understand that Eddie Gilbert has something he wants to say first.

Gilbert : That's right, Mister Bonnema. Sorry to be stealing somebody else's thunder, but I just got word that the match has been signed for Phoenix Firestorm for Terry Gordy to defend the Pacific Heavyweight Title against Ricky Steamboat. *loud cheers from the crowd* While Ricky has been a good friend to me and completely deserves that shot, I wanted it for myself. Ever since I came  to Pacific Coast Wrestling, I had my eyes set on the Heavyweight Title and did everything I could to earn a shot. Well, last week , I got that shot, but I came up short. Not only that, but Terry Gordy used my own move, the Hot Shot, to beat me. But worst of all, I wasn't there for Missy and my teammates when they were attacked by Terry Taylor and the rest of Gary Hart International . They laid their hands on Missy and I came in too late to stop it. So I have made a difficult decision. I am going to give up my ambitions for the Pacific Heavyweight Title. It just isn't meant to be. Gary Hart International has to many numbers and Missy needs as many of us as she can get to back her up. I am going to take my place at her side to protect her …

Gilbert is cut off as Missy puts her finger to his lips

Missy : STOP … RIGHT … THERE!!!! (Gilbert is shocked at the interruption) That's enough about any mention of giving up or quitting. That is loser talk and I don't waste my time or effort on losers. You have worked too hard and too long for you to give up on the Heavyweight Title now. That is not the Eddie Gilbert who first caught my eye and I am sure not giving up on you, so don't you dare give up on yourself. Yeah, Gary Hart International … real original name, Gary! …. took me by surprise. We were all caught off guard. That's not going to happen again. I have complete faith in Brutus , Paul and Pat to make them pay for it. (Brutus Beefcake and Badd Company took at each other and nod in agreement.) They may think they have the numbers advantage, but I have been talking with the Great Kabuki and the White Angel and we have come to an agreement.

Gilbert : *confused* Wait, you speak Japanese?

Miccy : *a puzzled look on her face* What, you don't? (Cue an equally puzzled look on Gilbert's face) Anyway, they hate Gary Hart as much as I do, and have agreed to join our side in fighting his clowns in exchange for me acting as their North American representative. So don't you worry about me, I've got it all taken care of. You just get back to training and earn your own Heavyweight Title Shot. I don't care if it is Gordy or Steamboat, you are going to win that title and show everyone that you are the man and the wrestler that I know you are. Then when you do that, you are going to polish up that title belt, get it all nice and shiny, and you are going to hand it over to me. And I am going to take it and cram it right down Gary Hart's fat, stupid throat! Deal?

The crowd cheers loudly as Missy Hyatt and Eddie Gilbert embrace in the middle of the ring.

Waylon Mercy vs. Tom Zenk

The newly dubbed Waylon Mercy shocked everyone when he turned on his allies in the Brigade a few weeks ago, then shocked them even more when he aligned with Jake "The Snake" Roberts. The shocks continued when he came out to the ring accompanied not just by Jake Roberts but also Nord The Barbarian. Nord had recently turned on his own partner "Crusher" Jerry Blackwell and now seems to also be under the thrall of the sinister Snake. Zenk had brought Mike Rotunda with him but neither man seemed to know what to do with the malevolent dual presence at ringside. Zenk seemed to be trying to convince Mercy that they were still friends, but the man he once knew was clearly gone, as Mercy just kept firing back with heavy punches and vicious attacks. Zenk did his best, but in the end , Mercy caught him with a big DDT and that was it. Roberts and Nord entered the ring and looked like they might inflict more damage, but Rotunda threw himself on top of his partner to protect him, and Roberts simply smirked and led his men away.

Nick Busick & Leo Burke vs. The Pacific Warlords

The Pacific Warlords are the newly formed alliance of Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka. The two of them combined to put Bam Bam Bigelow on the shelf a few weeks ago, and now Bigelow's mentor, Leo Burke, along with Burke's newest pupil, Nick Busick, were looking to get some revenge.  The veteran Burke and the man from Powerhouse Hill certainly gave the Sheikh's men a fair amount of lumps, but Snuka and Muraco still managed to take down Burke with a double team, and when Snuka came off the top with the Superfly Splash, that was all she wrote. Snuka went up again, looking to hit a second splash, but Busick interposed himself between the Superfly and his partner and dared both of the Warlords to try something. All three of the Warlords decided that now was not the time and instead headed back to the locker room, but you can bet we haven't seen the last of this conflict.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Folks, my next guests have been waging an intense war with Buddy Rose and the Playboy Club … the Hollywood Vice Squad.

The crowd rains down boos on John Tatum, Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose as they head to the ring, but the Hollywood Vice Squad are as cocky as ever. Del Ray in particular seems to look like he has a card up his sleeve.

Bonnema : John Tatum, you and the rest of the Hollywood Vice Squad have had so many battles with the Playboy Club, and tomorrow night at the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Jimmy Del Ray and Randy Rose will face them in defense of their Pacific Tag Team Titles.

Tatum : Ooh, we are just trembling in fear! Doughboy Rose doesn't even have a partner! Waylon Mercy put Doug Somers on ice and nobody is stupid enough to take his place. It's a pretty sad comment on Portland that they have to have someone like Buddy Rose as their main man. I sometimes think we would be doing Portland a big favor if we were to run him out of wrestling completely, but the only that could improve this dump would be for it to fall into the ocean and be completely washed away.

The crowd boos ferociously, but then cheers as an angry Buddy Rose, followed by Ed Wiskowski, Brian Knobbs and Rick Steiner. He enters the ring and grabs the microphone from Tatum.

Buddy Rose : Listen here, John Boy! I am sick of you and your goofs getting in my business, I am sick of you running down the Playboy Club, and I am especially sick of you trash talking my town! *the crowd cheers more* Yeah, Doug Somers is temporarily down for the count, but I've got the Polish Prince here, and he is more than capable of working with me to take those Tag Team Titles from you. And in case you want to get involved, I've got the Dog Pound backing me up. Yeah, Del Ray, you wouldn't give your old friend the time of day, but he is on my side now, and he and Rick Steiner can be trusted to keep any of you from pulling any funny business.

Del Ray : You think that any of that scares us? The day I left the Fatboy Club is the best day of my life. You might rule this hell hole, but we are taking over the whole Pacific Coast. Face it, Buddy, your day is done and you need to get out of the way for the Hollywood Vice Squad.

Buddy Rose : Alright, that's it. Get 'em, guys!

Buddy signals to Knobbs and Steiner, but the Dog Pound instead clobber Buddy and Wiskowski from behind. They knock them to the ground and rain blows down on them, soon followed by kicks from the Hollywood Vice Squad. When both Rose and Wiskowski were both pummeled, Knobbs got up, high fived Jimmy Del Ray and them hugged him, laughing all the time. It was a set up! All the time, they were secretly working together to get revenge on Buddy Rose. Steiner and Tatum forced Rose to his feet and immobilized him and they forced him to watch Ed Wiskowski get battered by Knobbs and Del Ray with chairs until PCW security finally hit the ring and they ran off. Buddy Rose was clearly distraught as he went over to his partner, but the Polish Prince had clearly taken an horrific amount of punishment. It looks like the Playboy now stands alone against the Hollywood Vice Squad.

Non-Title Match : Bob Orton vs. Al Perez

The Latin Heartthrob has been campaigning hard to get the California Title Belt that is currently around Bob Orton's waist. While Orton has held onto the title, Perez was looking in this non-title match to solidify his request for a match for the title at Phoenix Firestorm. Orton, for his part, was looking to put a stop to Perez's challenge once and for all, and was not holding back against him. The big Cowboy came after him with big clothelines and punches, but Perez rolled with them and took Orton to the mat, coming close on a number of occasions to trapping him in a variety of submission holds. Orton got reckless and put all of his energy into a huge lariat, but Perez ducked him at the last second, caught him in a waistlock and took him over in a German Suplex. One .. two … THREE!!! Perez was overjoyed with his win, but became even more jubilant when it was announced, to the applause of the crowd, that he would get a title shot for the California Title at Phoenix Firestorm.

The road to Phoenix Firestorm has begun! It's off to a great start with a Gordy/Steamboat title match.

I always liked the Southern Boys so I'm excited about their upcoming feud with the Freebirds. 

Missy proves to be a smart business woman aligning with Kabuki and Angel. I'm interested in watching a focused Gilbert's quest for the title.

Waylon gets a big win over Zenk. Jake has put together one heck of a monster stable. 

Pacific Warlords! What a great name for Muraco and Snuka. Credit to you for putting these guys together. They're off to a brutal start by putting Bam Bam out and taking Burke down tonight. Busick has guts! This story is going to get good. 

Didn't see that turn coming as the Dog Pound and Vice Squad set up the Playboy Club! Buddy is going to need reinforcements and fast. 

Orton and Perez put on another classic. Perez gets the big TV win. Will Perez be able to do it with the title on the line? We'll find out at Phoenix Firestorm! 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards, August 8th

The Thundercats (Larry Cameron, Norman Smiley & Too Cold Scorpio) vs. Mando, Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Hector caught Scorpio in the Guerrero Clutch to get the pinfall

Nick Busick & "Crusher" Blackwell vs. Cabin Fever (Manny Fernandez & Grizzly Boone)

Busick pinned Fernandez after hitting a Spinebuster Slam

The Hart Foundation vs. Badd Company

Neidhart caught Tanaka coming off the ropes with a powerslam for the victory

Brutus Beefcake, The Great Kabuki & The White Angel vs. Chris Adams, Terry Taylor & Mr. Hito

The match eventually broke down to a double DQ with all 6 men fighting in the ring at once

The Brigade (Mike Rotunda, Tom Zenk & Al Perez) vs. The Snakepit (Jake Roberts, Waylon Mercy & Nord The Barbarian)

Jake executed the DDT on Rotunda to score the win

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Flamboyance (Ron Starr & Lanny Poffo)

A fast paced and exciting bout where Poffo pulled out the win by hitting the Skydrop on Brookside

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Jimmy Del Ray & Randy Rose © vs. Buddy Rose & ?? ??

The champions seemed especially cocky when they came out, and with good reason. The Dog Pound had betrayed Buddy Rose last week, both Doug Somers and Ed Wiskowski had been taken out of action, and the Playboy hadn't exactly made many other friends in PCW. Their cockiness turned to laughter and derision as "Smooth Operator" played over the arena PA and Buddy Rose came out by himself. The Playboy was looking uncharacteristically nervous and uncertain as he came out to the ring, He kept looking to the entrance curtain, and for a long while it looked like he would have to go it alone, but then the music changed to "Bad To The Bone" by George Thorogood, and through the curtain stepped ….. BILLY JACK HAYNES! The powerful Oregonian had an extremely unhappy look on his face, and really looked like he didn't want to be there. But he dutifully took his place in Buddy Rose's corner, and when Buddy went for his first tag, Haynes stared at him for a while but did tag in. After some initial awkwardness, Buddy and Billy Jack gradually gelled and worked together smoothly, and the champions really did not know what to do with this Odd Couple. Haynes started to heavily dominate the Vice Squad, and it looked like it was all over when he locked Randy Rose in the Full Nelson. Del Ray tried to break it up, but Buddy Rose intercepted him. It was then that John Tatum, Brian Knobbs and Rick Steiner charged the ring, leading to a DQ, but Haynes and Buddy Rose rallied and tossed them from the ring, playing King Of The Hill to keep them from getting back in the ring until all of the Vice Squad beat the retreat to the locker room. A triumphant Buddy Rose went to high five Billy Jack Haynes, but Haynes just coldly stared and pointed at him. Rose raised both of his hands and nodded, and the two left the ring together. What exactly does all of this mean? Only time will tell.

Ricky Steamboat & The Southern Boys vs. The Freebirds

A wild and crazy bout where Tracy Smothers thrust kicked Buddy Jack Roberts into a Tiger Suplex by Ricky Steamboat for the one two three.

What an action packed night of tag team wrestling! 

Every since their attitude change, the Guerreros have been on a roll. 

Busick gets the pin on Manny. Busick is quickly rising the ranks. Love that spinebuster slam finisher. 

Hyatt's men vs. Hart's men is the type of feud that can go on forever. So many different match ups. 

The Snakepit is on the verge of taking over Pacific. 

That British Steel/Flamboyance match is a show stealer.

WOW! Buddy Rose and Billy Jack on the same side! What a moment for the Portland fans! Can this unlikely duo eventually win the titles? It's going to be a fun ride.

Steamboat and Southern Boys win round 1 over the Freebirds. Gordy and Steamboat at Firestorm could be the match of the year. 

I had a bit of a struggle with Busick for a finisher, because the Bully Blaster was a heart punch, which is already Texas Red's killer move, and while I like the Busick Bender (stump puller), I needed him to have something that worked for pinfalls. I figured a spinebuster was a good solution, as you could easily imagine it being devastating used by Busick and it is a feasible move to work in with his established moveset.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, August 9th

The Dog Pound (Brian Knobbs & Rick Steiner) vs. Badd Company

In a matchup of two up and coming teams looking to prove themselves, Diamond hit a reverse cross body press on Knobbs to get the one two three.

Chris Adams vs. Steven Regal

The veteran Englishman held nothing back against his much younger countryman, but Regal gave an incredibly good accounting of himself before ultimately going down to the Superkick

"Crusher" Blackwell vs. Nord The Barbarian

An angry showdown between former partners that ended in a double countout with both men brawling outside the ring.

Terry Taylor vs. Robbie Brookside

Young Brookisde had the crowd solidly behind him as he dazzled them with his speed and agility, but it was the experience of Taylor that prevailed when he hit the Fivearm.

Tom Zenk vs. Ron Starr

An interesting matchup, with Zenk, having suffered losses at the hands of the Snakepit, looking to show he is still a contender, and Starr, one half of the very successful tag team Flamboyance, very determined to put down the young upstart. The momentum of the match waged back and forth, but Zenk was able to hit the Missile Dropkick to score a hard fought win.

Billy Jack Haynes, Nick Busick & Leo Burke vs. The Pacific Warlords (Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka) & Sheikh Adnan Al-Kaissie

A lot of hatred went into this match where Busick pinned Kaissie after the Spinebuster Slam

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. John Tatum

Tatum gave Texas Red an incredibly tough challenge, pulling out every dirty trick in the book to gain an advantage over the champ, but Red was able to catch him in a chokeslam to successfully defend his title.

Solid card in Eugene.

Blackwell and Nord will always be a fun hard hitting match up between two monsters.

No doubt Brookside will get some valuable experience by being in the ring with Taylor. 

Zenk gets a much needed win over Starr to get back on the winning track. 

The 6 man tag match alone would of been worth the price of admission. Busick once again gets the shine with his Spinebuster slam! 

Fun TV title match as Red once again retains, this time over a game Tatum. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Cow Palace , San Francisco , on ESPN / TSN,  August 14th

Larry Cameron vs. Mando Guerrero

Since the departure of Bill Dundee, Larry Cameron seems to have taken on the mantle of leader of the Thundercats. He and his partners, Norman Smiley and Too Cold Scorpio, have been looking for revenge against the Guerreros, but the more experienced brothers seem to have been one step ahead of them at every turn. Mando Guerrero seemed to be trying to get under Cameron's skin, taunting him throughout the match and dodging out of range when Cameron tried to retaliate. Cameron seemed about to boil over at a number of points, but he reached back to the lessons Dundee taught him during his feud with Mr. Hito, and managed to ground himself before he started making mistakes. He started to fire back, and when he was able to land them on the quick Guerrero, they had serious impact. Mando in turn started to get more desperate , going for more reckless moves to try to take down Cameron. This wound up costing him, as he went for a flying cross body, only for Lethal Larry to catch him and land a devastating powerslam that got the three count. An important victory for the Thundercats, but with a Golden State Tag Team Title defense for Smiley and Scorpio on the horizon at Phoenix Firestorm against Chavo and Hector Guerrero, they will really need to keep the momentum going.

Norman Smiley vs. Waylon Mercy

Speaking of Smiley, he looked extremely wary locking up with the frankly deranged Waylon Mercy. Mercy had Nord The Barbarian and Jake Roberts in his corner, who laughed mockingly at Smiley as he tried to take the much bigger man to the mat. Smiley did his best, but was facing an uphill battle with the powerful Mercy. The mockery from Roberts and Nord got so bad that Smiley's partners, Larry Cameron and Too Cold Scorpio came to ringside to balance the odds, should the Snakepit choose to get directly involved. Smiley got some inspiration from the presence of the other Thundercats and started to chip away at Mercy, but when the big man hit him with the DDT, it was all over. Mercy stood over Smiley , looking like he would administer more damage, which led to the Thundercats leaping in the ring, looking to throw down. But Waylon merely shook the hand of the unconscious Smiley before leaving the ring with a disgusting smirk on his face.

The Great Kabuki vs. Chris Adams

While this looked like it would be a showdown between the Thrust Kick and the Superkick, the raw hatred between both Kabuki and Adams as well as Missy Hyatt and Gary Hart meant that this match was pure chaos from the get go. The two tore into each other from the opening bell and didn't really stop. The ref tried to get things under control, but was rewarded for his efforts with the green mist from Kabuki, followed by a Superkick from Adams. The match was declared a no contest, but the two kept going at it, and White Angel and Terry Taylor joined in the fun until a whole squad of PCW security had to come down and get things under control. Heaven help the ref at Phoenix Firestorm who will have to try to officiate a six man match between Kabuki , Angel and Brutus Beefcake on one side, and Adams, Taylor and Mr. Hito on the other.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Lanny Poffo © vs. Robbie Brookside

In the short time they have been in PCW, British Steel have worked their way into the hearts of the Pacific Coast fans, and young Robbie Brookside had the crowd solidly in his corner as he challenged for the Light Heavyweight title. Brookside and Poffo had a fast paced and exciting match, with Brookside proving a game challenger for the champ, and Poffo seemed to greatly enjoy matching moves with the young Englishman. Ultimately, the experience of Poffo proved to be the deciding factor as he hit the Skydrop to successfully defend his title, but Brookside had gained a lot of credibility in this match, and the two would face each other again at Phoenix Firestorm where Flamboyance are scheduled to square off with British Steel.

Eddie Gilbert vs. Bret Hart

While Gilbert has declared his focus on the Heavyweight Title, Gary Hart International are clearly not done with him and are looking to take him out before he gets his shot, seemingly out of sheer spite. To that end, they have sent one half of the Hart Foundation, Bret "The Hitman" Hart, to cut Eddie Gilbert off at the past. From the outset, both men were very evenly match. Both were second generation superstars, and neither were strangers to taking shortcuts in the match, with the Hitman's technical mastery being balanced by Hot Stuff's fiery determination. Unusually for her, Missy Hyatt seemed determined to ignore Gary Hart, instead focusing her energy on enthusiastically cheering on her man, while Gary Hart fixed her with a steely glare. The match just kept increasing in intensity, with first one man taking control and then the other. Bret Hart ultimately tried to take him down with a Lou Thesz Press, only for Gilbert to catch him and drop him throat first on the top rope, hitting the Hot Shot. Gilbert was finally able to cover him for the one two three to win what the fans in attendance all agreed was a classic bout.

I've mentioned this before but I'll say it again, I love your format and storytelling during the matches. An example would be when you mentioned Dundee's past mentoring coming into play in Cameron's match. 

Waylon DDT's his way to a victory over Smiley but hey he aint such a bad guy as he shakes an unconscious Smiley's hand afterwards LOL.

Kabuki and Adams have a wild one! That 6 man match at Firestorm is going to be an even wilder one! 

Poffo and Brookside put on a fast paced exciting match that keeps the fans on the edge of their seats. Flamboyance and British Steel will be a classic tag match at Firestorm. 

Gilbert vs. Hart! Thank You! Great main event with a great finish as Gilbert gets the big win with his Hot Shot! 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland,  on Pacific Super Cards, August 15th

Pat Tanaka vs. Bret Hart

For all of the hatred between their respective stables, these two second generation stars had a fast paced scientific bout where Hart pulled out the win with a sunset flip out of the corner

Nick Busick vs. Ron Starr

A tough, hard hitting match where Starr really took it to Busick, even busting him open at one point, but Busick was ultimately able to catch Starr with the spinebuster slam for the pinfall

"Crusher" Blackwell vs. Waylon Mercy

Blackwell won by DQ when he was attacked by Nord The Barbarian. Nord, Mercy and Jake Roberts proceeded to triple team Blackwell until Nick Busick charged in with a chair to run them off

Paul Diamond vs. Jim Neidhart

These two battled ferociously and it looked like Neidhart would take the advantage for good when he whipped Diamond hard into the corner, but Diamond caught himself at the last second, dashed up the ropes and came off the top with a reverse body press to get the one two three

Steven Regal vs. Terry Taylor

Regal put in a valiant effort before ultimately going down to the Fivearm

Dragon Shai Match : The Great Kabuki vs. Mr. Hito

This was a no DQ match where a Kendo stick was in play. Both men warred to get the kendo stick, and both of them had it at different points, busting the other open. Gary Hart tried to interfere , but Kabuki sprayed him with the green mist before executing the thrust kick on Hito to put an end to this bloody match

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Steve Armstrong

Armstrong gave Orton a very intense challenge for the title, and was hoping to pull off an upset when he went to the top for a flying clothesline, but Orton charged in with a lariat to interrupt that then followed up with a Superplex to put a stop to his challenge

The Pacific Warlords (Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka) vs. Billy Jack Haynes & ?? ??

Haynes partner had originally been scheduled to be Bam Bam Bigelow, but the Beast From The East had still not recovered from the attack by the Warlords a few weeks ago, so there was much speculation as to who his partner would be. Haynes came out alone and gave a sharp look to the curtain, and then "Smooth Operator" by Sade played over the arena PA. After a bit of an awkward pause, an extremely nervous looking "Playboy" Buddy Rose came out and made his way to the ring. Unlike Haynes' surprise appearance the week before, the arrival of the "Playboy" provoked howls of derision from the Warlords, and Rose gave every sense that this was the last place he wanted to be. But Billy Jack gave him a direct look, and Rose took his place in the corner. It became clear that Billy Jack agreed to be Rose's partner against the Vice Squad under condition that Rose return the favor against the Pacific Warlords. For all of his reluctance, Rose was always there when Haynes needed him. The Playboy took quite the pounding at the hands of Muraco and Snuka, but using his trademark cunning he was able to break loose when it looked like they had him trapped, and managed to chip away and wear them down with sneaky shots and well placed moves. When Haynes took over, the Warlords double teamed him for a while, but Billy Jack just got angrier and started to make his comeback. He was teeing off on Snuka when Muraco came in, looking to ambush him, but out of nowhere, Rose ploughed into the Magnificent One like a cannonball and they both tumbled out of the ring. This allowed Billy Jack to hit a lightning quick powerslam on Snuka to get the decisive three count. After the match, Billy Jack held up the arm of the dazed Rose in victory and gave what seemed to be a look of respect. This oddest of couples has pulled off their second high profile win in as many weeks. Could this be the start of a new team?

Can't think of a better match to kick things off then Hart and Tanaka.

Busick is becoming a star. He gets a hard hitting win over Starr then helps out Blackwell. Busick could be a threat to Jake and co. 

That Kabuki/Hito match was worth the price of admission. Kabuki gets a lot of satisfaction here.

Another solid match between Orton and Armstrong. I really like Orton's CA title run. 

WOW! Is it possible? Billy Jack and the Playboy becoming a cohesive unit? Great story going here. I have a feeling the Warlords are going to be coming back for more. 

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno , August 16th

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Dog Pound (Brian Knobbs & Rick Steiner)

A match between two up and coming teams that contrasted the wild and wooly Dog Pound with the technical expertise of British Steel. This could have gone either way but Steiner was able to put down Brookside with a mighty belly to belly suplex

Steve Armstrong vs. Buddy Jack Roberts

The Freebird was extremely cocky throughout and was very dismissive of Armstrong, but this over confidence cost him as he tossed the Southern Boy over the top rope and failed to see that he caught himself to land on the apron and went up to the top rope. Roberts turned around and was hit with a flying clothesline that gave the win to young Armstrong.

Mike Rotunda vs. Waylon Mercy

Rotunda held nothing back against his former partner, and the two went at it fist and fire, to the extent that the ref throughout the match as they kept brawling while ignoring his attempts to keep control

Grizzly Boone vs. Norman Smiley

Smiley did his best to try to take down Boone, but the massive mountain man proved to be too much to handle and he crushed Smiley with an Avalanche in the corner and get the one two three

Al Perez vs. Mando Guerrero

These two Latin superstars put on a tightly contested Scientific bout where Perez was able to execute the Ally-Copter for the win

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Lanny Poffo © vs. Pat Tanaka

The fans were on the edge of their seats as Tanaka came out guns ablazing and looked like he might take the title on a number of occasions, only for Poffo to dodge the wheel kick and comeback with a precision dropkick. He then followed up with the Skydrop and successfully defended his title.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Manny Fernandez

The Ragin' Bull was clearly seeing red against Texas Red, unleashing his full fury in an intense TV title match. Both men were busted open and exhausted by the end of the match, but Texas Red dug in deep and was able to hit the chokeslam and ultimately prevail.

Solid card with something for everybody.

Liked the opening  battle between the up and coming tag teams. 

Buddy Jack's cockiness costs him big time as Armstrong gets the upset win. 

Rotunda shows some fire as he takes it to his former partner Waylon. This is far from over.

Boone looked liked a monster as he gets an impressive win over Smiley.

Perez vs. Mando was my favorite match on the card. What an exciting match up! 

Poffo is having a nice run as LHW champ. 

Hard hitting match to end the night. Manny gives Texas Red a real fight but Red retains in the end. 

Dig the pairing of Beefcake with Badd Company. Always felt Tanaka and Diamond should have been given a better shake than Orient Express in real life.

Glad to see Gary Hart taking care of business. One of the most under rater managers of all time.

The reign of Terry Gordy has been awesome, and with his brothers from Badstreet watching his back, I hope it continues for a long time.

The building of Texas Red has been superb.

Muraco and Snuka is a nasty team, but Billy Jack and Buddy together may be the strangest thing to happen in this whole game!

Eddie Gilbert and John Tatum are two personal favorites and I very much like what you've done with both.

Pacific Coast Wrestling presents Phoenix Firestorm from Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum, Phoenix, August 29th

Ed Wiskowski & Doug Somers vs. The Dog Pound (Brian Knobbs & Rick Steiner)

After being taken out by an ambush by the Dog Pound several weeks ago, Wiskowski and Somers seemed to be a bit surprised to see they were greeted with cheers from the fans. That said, it wasn't too surprising, given the Dog Pound's joining the hated Hollywood Vice Squad. There was a high degree of mutual hatred in both teams going into this match, and they both proceeded to go at it fist and fire. Although he was the least experienced wrestler going into the match, Rick Steiner did a lot of damage for his team, jarring Somers with some huge clotheslines and power slams. Somers took a lot of damage but was eventually able to fall bag and make the big tag, and the Polish Prince started to administer some serious payback on the Dog Pound. Knobbs and Steiner did their best to try to double team them, but he was having none of it, and tossed Steiner out of the ring before putting the boots to Knobbs. One face first piledriver and the Playboy Club had gotten their revenge on the Dog Pound.

Badd Company vs. The Hart Foundation

The hatred between these two teams was palpable going in and they certainly wasted no time going at each other before the bell even had a chance to ring. The Hart Foundation had the edge in size and experience, but Badd Company weren't intimidated and their high velocity offense had the Harts backpedaling for much of the match. The shouting match between Missy Hyatt and Gary Hart sometimes threatened to upstage the action in the ring, but when the ref tried to intervene, Hart took advantage of the distraction and handed off a set of brass knucks to Bret Hart. When Pat Tanaka was coming off the ropes, Bret Hart clobbered him with the knucks, and then Neidhart took him down with a massive tackle that got the three count. Despite the loss, Badd Company continued the fight after the bell, and the two teams kept on battling all the way to the locker room.

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Flamboyance (Ron Starr & Lanny Poffo)

In their short time in Pacific Coast Wrestling, the two young gentlemen of British Steel have become big favorites of the fans. Flamboyance, on the other hands, seemed notably less enthused by them, and were clearly out to put the young upstarts in their place. British Steel's speed and scientific skills served them well in this match, but Flamboyance were just as skilled and had the edge in experience and ruthlessness. Poffo was looking to put Brookside away when he hit a big atomic drop, but failed to notice that Brookside had made a blind tag beforehand. Poffo then went up top for the Skydrop, but the now legal Regal raced in and knocked him off the top turnbuckle with a clothesline. He followed up with a lightning quick Oklahoma Roll. The ref swiftly made the three count and British Steel had gotten their biggest win yet in a huge upset.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : The Thundercats (Too Cold Scorpio & Norman Smiley) ©  vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Ever since their change of attitude, the Guerrero Brothers have made no bones about their intentions to take back the Golden State Tag Team Titles. The Thundercats have had a long run, but the Guerreros have kept nipping at their heels, and it has been all Smiley and Scorpio could do keep their hold on the belts. The brothers were clearly in no mood to trifle and really took it to the Thundercats. Smiley and Scorpio did their best to try to keep them contained, but Chavo and Hector  took every shortcut they could to get the advantage back. Smiley hoped to try to put the challengers out when he was able to trap Chavo in the Norman Conquest (Cross Face Chicken Wing) but the ref was escorting Scorpio out of the ring, and Hector took advantage of the distraction by breaking up the hold with a kneelift, followed by a swinging neckbreaker. When he turned around , the ref saw Hector covering Smiley and made the three count. The Golden State Tag Titles were now back in the hands of the Guerreros, to the considerable disappointment of the fans.

Brutus Beefcake, The Great Kabuki & The White Angel vs. Mr. Hito, Chris Adams & Terry Taylor

There was a bit of drama before the match as the White Angel came out dressed, instead of his usual white gear, in black and red garb and mask, just like his father, the Great Kabuki. Missy Hyatt got on the microphone and announced that, now that he and his father had reconciled, his quest as the White Angel was now complete and he would now be known as the Great Muta. They then took off their masks and showed that father and son were wearing matching black facepaint. After that, the match exploded as the two warring sides went right after each other. Although there were lots of big moves that got the fans on their feet, there was a sharp edge of anger to each one stemming from the deep hatred between both sides. Adams, Kabuki and Muta were all busted open and various points in the match, and that just made them see red and keep fighting with greater ferocity. Adams thought he had the match sewed up when he lined up Muta for the Superkick, but Beefcake caught him from behind with the Final Cut (running knee strike).  Muta zipped up the top rope and hit the Moonsault that got the win. The fans were jubilant and Missy and her men celebrated in the ring.

Mike Rotunda & Tom Zenk vs. Jake Roberts & Waylon Mercy

Speaking of hatred, Rotunda and Zenk have never forgiven the man who now goes by Waylon Mercy for betraying the Brigade. They roared into the ring and immediately threw down with Mercy and his mentor, Jake Roberts. The result was pure chaos and the ref was never able to get any semblance of control of the action. Once Nord the Barbarian got involved, the ref had no choice but to throw the match out and declare a no contest but the combatants paid that no mind, continuing to fight and totaling the announcer's table. It took Commissioner Dutch Savage coming out and threatening suspensions all round to get both sides to disperse.

California Title Match : Bob Orton © vs. Al Perez

Cowboy Bob Orton has taken on all comers in his time as California Champion but as yet nobody has been able to end his title reign. Enter the Latin Heartthrob, Al Perez, who has been racking up win after win to earn himself a shot at the coveted belt. Both men were evenly matched, with Perez's youth and vigour balanced by Orton's cunning and experience. These two waged a long and intense campaign that had the fans on the edge of their seats, with Perez looking at several points that he had Orton down for the count, only for the Ace to come roaring back. The Cowboy finally got set to put and end to Perez' challenge when he got him on the top turnbuckle and set for the Superplex. But Perez would not go down easy, and kept slugging it out with Orton. Orton finally got him locked up and hoisted him over for the Superplex, but Perez managed to pivot in mid air and land on top of Orton. He still had enough left in the tank to hook the leg and just barely held him down for the three count, but the ref stood up and declared him the new California champ. The handsome superstar had managed to pull it off and the fans applauded his impressive feat.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. Grizzly Boone

Texas Red is another of the fighting champions of PCW who has faced down a variety of challengers, but he hadn't faced anyone as intimidating as Grizzly Boone. The huge mountain man was the heavy hitter of the Crazy Gang and had established his name by not just beating his opponents but crushing them. Red clearly found Boone his toughest challenge yet, as he was unable to get him up for the chokeslam or any of his other trademark slams. Boone did a lot of damage to the champion, and it looked like Red's days with the title were done. But the tough Texan dug in and came back hard against Boone, laying in some huge punches and boots. He hit a big Western lariat that staggered Boone, but the Grizzly did not go down. A second one put him on rubber leg street, but he was still standing. A third massive lariat finally put him down, and Red was able to finally score the pinfall. It took an incredible effort, but Red had survived his stiffest challenge yet.

The Southern Boys vs. Michael Hayes & Buddy Jack Roberts

The new teaming of Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong has gotten under the skin of the Freebirds, and the men from Badstreet were looking to take advantage of this opportunity to put them in their place. They did their best to bully the Wild Eyed Southern Boys early in the match, but Smothers and Armstrong were having none of it and came back fast and hard with rapid fire moves and double teams. Even the sneak attacks and cheap shots from Hayes and Buddy Jack couldn't keep them down for long, and it seemed like they might just pull off the upset of all upsets when Armstrong went up top for the missile dropkick. Hayes, however, managed to sneak up from behind and knock him off the top turnbuckle. Buddy Jack then rolled him up with a fistful of trunks and got to the pinfall, much to the disappointment of the fans and the Southern Boys.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Hollywood Vice Squad (Jimmy Del Ray & Randy Rose) © vs. Buddy Rose & Billy Jack Haynes

The Hollywood Vice Squad thought they had pulled off the ultimate humiliation of the Playboy, putting his partners on the shelf and tricking him into thinking the Dog Pound were on his side, only for them to betray him in front of the entire PCW TV audience. They certainly didn't count on him bringing in Billy Jack Haynes to be his partner, looking for both revenge and the Pacific Tag Titles. Their alliance was an uneasy one , and the Hollywood Vice Squad did their best to play them off against each other and trip them up, but it seems that Rose and Haynes figured that their uncertainty about each other was overruled by their hatred of Del Ray and Rose, and always came through for each other in the clutch. Haynes had taken the most damage in the match, but came back hard and started flattening Ravishing Randy with clotheslines and big power slams. The crowd gave a roar of approval as Billy Jack locked Randy in the Full Nelson, but Del Ray came in with a chair , looking to break it up. Buddy Rose dove in and knocked him down, intercepting him. He then grabbed the chair and started looking towards Billy Jack. Was he looking to pull a double cross of his own? No, he had spied John Tatum and the Dog Pound coming down the aisle and charged out of the ring, warding them off with the chair. With no rescue coming, Ravishing Randy had no choice but to give up the match, making Buddy Rose and Billy Jack one of the most oddly matched tag team champions in wrestling. Regardless, the two new champions high fived and congratulated each other as the audience cheered.

Nick Busick & Leo Burke vs. The Pacific Warlords (Don Muraco & Jimmy Snuka)

The newly dubbed Pacific Warlords were not going to take any chances with Nick Busick, who has been on a roll of incredible wins, so they ambushed him and his mentor, Leo Burke, the moment they got to the ring, tossing the man from Powerhouse Hill from the ring and working over Burke. While Shiekh Adnan Al-Kaissie brandished a sword and screamed abuse from ringside, Muraco and Snuka double teamed Busick and kept him in their end of the ring. Busick kept trying to get involved in the action but the Warlords deftly made sure that a legal tag could not be made. Burke put in a courageous effort to battle back, but he couldn't overcome the odds and Snuka ultimately pinned him after the Superfly Splash. But this was not enough for the Sheikh's men, and while Kaissie and Muraco dogpiled on Busick and kept him from saving Burke while Snuka went up top, looking to put the Man Of 1000 Holds out of wrestling for good with a second Superfly Splash. But someone charged into the ring and threw Snuka from the top turnbuckle before laying into him with headbutts. It was Bam Bam Bigelow! The Beast From The East hadn't been seen for several weeks after a brutal attack by the Pacific Warlords, but now he was back and out for revenge. He and Busick ran the Warlords out of the ring and were walking tall as the crowd roared their approval.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Terry Gordy © vs. Ricky Steamboat

This is it. The Big One. The one for all of the marbles. Terry Gordy has seen off a lot of challengers in his long reign as champion but this would be his biggest match in PCW yet. Ricky Steamboat has fought hard to make his way to his title match but now he was at the final stage. He was all smiles as he shook hands with the fans on his way to the ring as "Eye In The Sky" by Alan Parsons Project played over the arena PA, but you could tell he was laser focused on the task at hand. Gordy, on the other hand, came out to "Freebird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd and was staring daggers at Steamboat, trying to intimidate him. The Dragon was not about to be bullied, though, and tore into the champ with kicks and karate chops. Gordy was sent reeling by this assault, trying to fight back but Steamboat just kept after him. Steamboat had a long stretch where he wore down Gordy, but got overconfident when he came off the ropes with a cross body press, and Gordy caught him and drove him back first into the corner. It was time for the champion to pay some dividends on Steamboat, and rocked him with huge punches. He then started working to get him in the Asiatic Spike, and seemed close to locking it in at a number of points, but the Dragon desperately battled his way out, getting to the ropes to break the hold. Gordy tried to get it again, but Steamboat hit one of his trademark armdrags and put him in an armlock. From there, Steamboat relentlessly went after Gordy's arms, using weardown holds and kneedrops to try to neutralize the Asiatic Spike. He then whipped Gordy into the ropes, but Gordy was able to come back and attempt a lariat with his good arm. Steamboat blocked it, but Gordy flattened him with a short lariat with his hurt arm. He went for the cover, but was in far too much pain to keep him down. The then grabbed Steamboat by his hair and dragged him up, setting him up to finish him off with the Freebird piledriver. Steamboat dug in and kept blocking it, then,  in an incredible display of guts and power, countered with a back drop. He then managed to get Gordy in a double chicken win and, using his absolute last reserves of strength and energy, hit a Tiger Suplex and put his shoulders to the mat. One … two … THREE!!!! Ricky Steamboat had won the Pacific Heavyweight Title! The audience exploded in cheers and Steamboat looked exhausted but proud. Many of the other wrestlers came out congratulate him, and the first ones out were Eddie Gilbert and Missy Hyatt, who shook his hand and embraced him. Gilbert and Brutus Beefcake hoisted Steamboat up on their shoulders, and the last shot was of the new champion, belt over his shoulder, triumphant in the middle of the ring.

I was really looking forward to Firestorm and man it was well worth the wait! The build up was amazing and this huge event delivered some awesome pay offs. 

Things get going quick as the Playboy Club out brawl the Dog Pound. 

Hart Foundation get the tainted win but Badd Co. keeps the fight going. 

British Steel pulls off the upset of the night with a big win over Flamboyance. 

I know the fans weren't happy but I like the heel Guerreros regaining the Golden State titles. The Guerreros can really take things to another level in Pacific. 

Muta is born! Action packed 6 man match and of course Muta hits the moonsault for the crowd popping win! I wonder what Gary Hart is planning next? 

With that result, it looks like the Zenk/Rotunda-Jake/Waylon feud has only just begun. I sure want to see more. 

Another upset as Perez defeats Orton for the CA title!!! I call it an upset because Orton had such a strong hold on the title. Perez was always one of my favorites so I'm looking forward to his reign. 

Boone really took the fight to Red. It took a heck of a lot to put Boone down but Red finally does it to retain. I wonder who can defeat Red? This guy has quite a streak going LOL. 

The young Southern Boys put up a valiant effort but the Freebirds experience wins in the end. 

NEW TAG CHAMPS! I can't believe it happened but Playboy Rose and Billy Jack Haynes have won the titles! What a pair. This team will get so over in Portland. Money! 

The Warlords put a beating and get the win on Burke but the ending is the story here as Bam Bam returns! I have got to see Bam Bam and Busick team up. Talk about a powerhouse team. Their battles with the Warlords will be wild! 

All that and now we get the main event title bout. This match is exactly how it would of played out. Great job. I liked Steamboat working Gordy's arm. Gordy was an absolute beast. In the end Steamboat pulls it all out and wins the title!!!!! Gordy had a tremendous run and will probably get some rematches but tonight belongs to the new champ Ricky Steamboat. Nice touch having Gilbert and Missy come out to congratulate him. 

Props to you and all your hard work you put into this incredible show! Cant wait to see what's next in Pacific. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN, September 12th

Eddie Gilbert vs. Jim Neidhart

Eddie Gilbert has let it be known that he is looking to challenge for Ricky Steamboat's heavyweight title. Gary Hart and his men look to shut down any such challenge before it starts. Whether it is because they have their own designs on the title or just mean spiritedness is anyone's guess,  but the first obstacle they set in his path would be Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. The Anvil hit hard and often, and Gilbert found the tank-like former pro football player incredibly tough to corral. Neidhart hit some thunderous tackles and looked like he might just take out Hot Stuff, but Gilbert used his considerable cunning and lured Neidhart into trying to tackle him when he was prone in the corner. Gilbert dove out of the way at the last second and Neidhart went right between the turnbuckles and injured his shoulder by hitting hit hard on the post. Gilbert swiftly rolled him up and got the one two three. Gilbert won't let anything stand in his way of getting a shot at the champ.

Chris Adams & Terry Taylor vs. The Thundercats (Too Cold Scorpio & Norman Smiley)

Both of these teams were coming off tough losses at Phoenix Firestorm and were looking to prove themselves. Adams and Taylor came out very aggressively, but the Thundercats were not about to be bowled over and fought back just as hard. The result was a very intense and fast paced match with the speed and aerial ability of the Thundercats balanced by the guile and rutlhlessness of Gary Hart's men.  It would be Hart's involvement that would tip the balance in his men's favour, as he was able to distract the ref long enough for Taylor to ambush Scorpio with a sneak attack, which allowed Adams to hit the Superkick and score the pinfall. A tough loss for the Thundercats, but you know they will not be down for long.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests had a lot of success at Phoenix Firestorm, including winning the Pacific Tag Team Titles … the Playboy Club.

The crowd cheers as Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskowski, Doug Somers and Billy Jack Haynes. They all seem a little surprised but grateful at the fan reaction, but Billy Jack, title belt around his waist, looks distinctly uncomfortable.

Bonnema : Well, Buddy Rose, it is a bit surprising to see the fans give you this sort of greeting, but probably not so surprising after you were triumphant at Phoenix Firestorm.

Rose : Well, no surprise that the fans love a winner, and they are smart enough to see that the Playboy Club are the biggest winners in PCW. The Pretty Boy and the Polish Prince taught the Dog Pound a lesson they won't forget, and now with big Billy Jack in the Playboy Club, the Tag Team Titles are ours!

Billy Jack : Hold the phone, Rose! (Buddy Rose looks shocked at the interruption) I didn't sign up to join no Playboy Club. I gave my word to help you take on the Hollywood Vice Squad, and that's what I did . You've proved yourself to me, and I will defend these belts with everything I've got. If you want to associate yourself with these guys, that's your business, but leave me out of it.

Rose : Uhhhh, no problem, my friend! But regardless, you and I are still the champs, and I feel sorry for any team that tries to take the titles from us!

Bam Bam Bigelow & Nick Busick vs. The Dog Pound (Brian Knobbs & Rick Steiner)

One of the big surprises coming out of Phoenix Firestorm was the return of Bam Bam Bigelow. The Beast From The East was put on the shelf some time ago from an ambush by the Pacific Warlords, but has come back with a vengeance, and he and the man from Powerhouse Hill, Nick Busick, are shaping up to be a true force to be reckoned with. The Dog Pound didn't know what hit them as Bigelow and Busick, guided by Leo Burke, bounced them all over the ring like beach balls. Busick completely took the wind out of Knobbs' sails with a crushing Spinebuster Slam, but he immediately tagged out to Bigelow, who went up top for a devastating Nuclear Splash for the pinfall. It's hard to imagine any group in PCW that can stand in the way of this new combination.

Pacific Television Title Match : Texas Red © vs. John Tatum

Texas Red has seen off a lot of challengers in his time as TV champ, but he has never faced anyone quite like "Hollywood" John Tatum. Tatum seemed to do everything in his power to avoid locking up with the champion, arguing with the ref, the fans, and pretty much anyone who crossed his line of sight. There was method to his madness, though, as his relentless stalling goaded Texas into making the first move, and Red was sufficiently irritated that Tatum was able to dodge under his blows. Texas Red was still dealing with some wear and tear he had faced in his bruising battle at Phoenix Firestorm with Grizzly Boone, and Tatum was able to take advantage of that, playing Cat and Mouse with the champ and scoring some hits before moving back out of range. Tatum was able to chip away at Texas Red but got in too close and Red grabbed him by the throat. It looked like it was curtains for Tatum, but before Texas Red could hit the chokeslam, Jimmy Del Ray came out of nowhere and into the ring and clipped the champion from behind in the leg, followed by the rest of the Hollywood Vice Squad. The ref called for the DQ but Tatum's crew did a fair amount of damage to Texas Red before Billy Jack Haynes and the Playboy Club came in to run them off. Texas Red is still the champ, but it looks like he won't be satisfied until he deals with Tatum for good.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on Pacific Super Cards, September 13th

The Southern Boys vs. Michael Hayes & Buddy Roberts

After their victory over the Southern Boys at Phoenix Firestorm, the Freebirds seemed particularly dismissive of the young tag team in this rematch. That would cost them, as the Southern Boys were determined to get redemption for the loss and gave the Freebirds a very tough challenge. Hayes had Smothers set up for a Bulldog Headlock, but Smothers blocked it and countered with a belly to back suplex. Smothers then tagged in Armstrong who hit a flying clothesline for the victory.

The Great Kabuki vs. Terry Taylor

While Gary Hart distracted the ref, Chris Adams snuck in the ring and hit Kabuki with a Superkick. Taylor followed up with the Fivearm to get the tainted win.

Badd Company vs. The Hart Foundation

Jim Neidhart came in with his shoulder bandaged from the injury he suffered in his match with Eddie Gilbert. Diamond and Tanaka worked over his arm every chance they got, and as a result, Bret Hart spent most of the time in the ring for his team. Hart thought he had it wrapped up when he caught Tanaka in a sunset flip, but Diamond nailed him with a clothesline and Tanaka got his shoulders to the mat for the one two three. The Harts protested, but the decision stood, and Missy Hyatt and her men were jubilant as they celebrated their big win.

Larry Cameron vs. Terry Gordy

Gordy was coming in with a considerable chip on his shoulder after losing the Heavyweight Title at Phoenix Firestorm, and was looking to take out his frustrations on Larry Cameron. Cameron was having none of it, and gave back as good as he got, but ultimately Gordy was able to hit a big Freebird Piledriver and pull out the victory.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Buddy Rose & Billy Jack Haynes © vs. The Hollywood Vice Squad (Jimmy Del Ray & Randy Rose)

In this rematch from Phoenix Firestorm, Buddy Rose and Billy Jack showed their title win was no fluke when the Playboy hit the Inside Out Backbreaker on Randy Rose to score the pinfall.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Ricky Steamboat © vs. Eddie Gilbert

After winning the Heavyweight Title, Steamboat proved to be as good as his word and gave the first title defense to Eddie Gilbert. These two had a tightly contested technical bout that was really getting the fans going, but unfortunately was cut short when both the Freebirds and Gary Hart International charged in and attacked both competitors, leading to a no contest. Brutus Beefcake and Badd Company rushed in to help clear the ring, but Gilbert was clearly disappointed and frustrated at the result of his first title challenge.