Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

The image of Burke & Miller trying to have a match while both having to corral their own partners cracks me up.

Tenta squashes Roses top lieutenant.

Backlund outlasts Barr. The scene at the end with all the Knights just staring at Barr was kinda creepy.

The Hart Foundation & Los Guerreros had their working boots on tonight.

Both members of the Bomb Squad go down in defeat. Mr Backlund doesn't seem pleased. 

Finlay vs Konnan is such an interesting contrast of styles. Finlay's respectful streak continues.

Ya know, if PCW was ever gonna host it's own Wargames, Brigade vs Crazy Gang would make for a good one.

A distraction, An exposed turnbuckle & his feet on the ropes? Say this for Rose, he man doesn't do half-measures.

Young fails to dethrone Owen leaving the Knights with a record of 2-3 over 2 nights.

The MXE finally fend off the Odd Couple. But Jarrett & Severn showed they belong with the best teams PCW has to offer.

Windham may have bested TNT but can even HE stop OMG?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aloha! 

What better way to kick off the show than a Rainbow Warriors victory. 

Oh snap! Billy Jack is back in Pacific! Venomous Jack spoils his return but I'm sure things are just getting started.

US Steel finally gets that long awaited pin on Orton. 

Damn, TDT put down the Sheepherders with an epic finisher. 

OMG outfights the Man with the Hands of Stone. After that win, big things are coming for OMG. 

I absolutely loved that booking of Hito getting a c.o. win over Dingo. Classic case of the ring veteran using his experience over a wild youngster. 

Black Gold rise the rankings. However, Pacific has a star in the making with Eddie. 

Nothing solved between Red and Grizzly but hey, I'm all for more of these guys tearing into each other.

Badd Co. is the comeback story of the year! 

NEW LHW CHAMP!!!! Black Tiger is an awesome choice and people will pay to watch his exciting title defenses. I can't overlook Candido's solid reign. 

Pillman gives Bubba a big time scare, but thanks to Cornette, Bubba retains. I'm enjoying Bubba's reign. 

Night 2,

Miller is the deciding factor as he gets the pin on Cactus. Burke will be a great mentor to help guide Cactus. 

Tenta is for real! Just ask Easy Ed.

Barr tried and put up a game effort but Backlund's experience was just to much to handle. 

I would've paid to watch the Harts vs. Guerreros alone. Harts win in a thriller. 

St. Clair racks up another win. Oh man, I would love to see a St. Clair/Backlund classic. 

Konnan goes down to Finlay but afterwards Finlay helps him back up. 

Wild tag team action, that ends in a no contest. Simmons and Payne are heading for a brutal one on one.

Rose knows all the tricks and pulls one out to put down rival, Rip Oliver. 

I was looking forward to the Owen/Young match and these two delivered. Owen barely pulls it out but Young shows he's for real. Great match! 

Nail biting 2 out of 3 falls tag title bout that kept the fans on the edge of their seats. Midnight's retain! Cornette and his men are dominating Pacific. I have a feeling Severn wants a piece of the upcoming submission title. 

After 2 action packed nights of action, Windham and TNT go at it for the Pacific title. Very creative and crowd pleasing finish. Windham once again stands tall. Wait! Hold on! OMG makes his presence known. Can Windham stop what's coming? 

Awesome job! I always look forward to your Spectaculars. 

With the Aloha Spectacular now in the books, Pacific Coast Wrestling isn't about to slow down, and coming up at the end of March will be Vegas Vengeance! This will be another 2 night show, and we are ready to make a few announcement for the line up :

The second annual Pacific Tag Team Tournament!

The finals of the tournament to crown the first ever Submission Champion!

And the main event, a big tag team match, Barry Windham & Konnan vs. the One Man Gang & a mystery partner!

We will announce the full lineup soon, but those are certainly exciting matches to look forward to.

I enjoyed catching up on PCW.  Sorry for being away for awhile.  I think your two night shows are a great answer to our huge rosters here in Dawn of War.  I must admit that you do a great job of finding work for everyone.  Can't wait for the Vegas show.  I wonder who OMG's mystery partner is going to be.  Thanks for all the great work.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, March 4th

Billy Jack Haynes vs. John Kenney

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / Twitter

One of the big moments from the recent Aloha Spectacular was the return to PCW of long time favorite Billy Jack Haynes, along with the debut of his new manager Sunshine. Unfortunately, a distraction by Mr. Bob Backlund led to Billy Jack losing to "Venomous" Jack Victory. Possibly due to this loss, Billy Jack seemed extra determined to show in his match with the rookie Kenney that he had not lost his touch. He tossed Kenney from pillar to post like a rag doll, finally finishing him off with a mighty shoulder breaker. Billy Jack is definitely back and the fans love him for it. But you can bet he is going to have his sights set on getting vengeance on Jack Victory and the Knights Templar.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guest is one of the more, err, unconventional competitors here in Pacific Coast Wrestling .. Cactus Jack!

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBI

The fans give a warm welcome to Cactus as he heads out to the ring. Cactus seems unsure how to react to this greeting but joins Frank Bonnema.

Bonnema : Cactus, in your short time in Pacific Coast Wrestling, you have got a lot of people behind you, but at the same time , you have drawn the ire of "Mean" Mike Miller and the Crazy Gang. Care to comment?

Cactus : Well, Frank Bonnema … hee hee! … I really don't know what exactly is Mike Miller's problem with me, but he isn't the only Mean one in PCW! I've never been one to back down from a fight, so if Miller, Sabu or any other member of Crazy Gang wants a piece of me, well, I'm not going anywhere.

Bonnema : Speaking of the Crazy Gang, one ally you have found against them has been Leo Burke. Any chance this might become a full time alliance?

Cactus : Leo Burke is a good man and has helped me out, but no offer has been made. I am not one to …

As is on cue, a whoop comes up from the crowd as the door to the aisle opens up. Bonnema and Cactus look down the aisle and Cactus gives a gap toothed grin as he sees Leo Burke emerge with the rest of the Army. Burke, Shane Douglas, Steve Blackman, US Steel and Art Barr head out to the ring, and Burke asks for the microphone.

Leo Burke - IMDbimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.pngGallery - Online World of WrestlingMaking Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn BellArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, Wrestling

Burke : Sorry to interrupt, Cactus, but I've got something to say. I've kept an eye on you since you arrived in PCW, and you have impressed. You've taken everything the Crazy Gang have thrown at you and still kept going. Now, the Army is already pretty close to capacity. But Shane here has been talking non stop about what you are capable of, and we would be glad to become the Six Man Army to have you in the ranks.

Douglas : Cactus, you and I go back a long way. When we were both starting out, we went up and down all the highways to all the small towns to learn to become wrestlers together. I know you march to the beat of your own drummer. But believe me that this Army is the best place for you to be. I've learned a ton from Leo, and so have Steve, Steel and Art. He can help you reach your full potential, and these guys are the best partners you can ever hope to have. What do you say?

Cactus : Well, I'm not usually much of a joiner, but Leo, Shane, guys … I accept!

Submission Title Tournament Match : Dan Severn vs. Sabu

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.comsabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

As announced a couple of weeks ago, PCW has newly minted a Submission Title, and this would be the first match in the tournament to crown the first champion. Dan "The Beast" Severn is a strong favorite in the tournament, but he would first have to get past the wild man of the Crazy Gang, Sabu. The always unpredictable Sabu did everything he could to try to get Severn set up for his Camel Clutch. But Severn bided his time, fought off every attempt to get the Camel Clutch on him, and then spring his trap. He devastated Sabu with a jarring series of suplexes, then cinched in the Body Scissors Sleeper, forcing Sabu to tap out. Severn is certainly going to be tough to beat in this tournament.

Curtis Hughes vs. Travis Sampson

Curtis Hughes – Online World of Wrestling

One of the most recent arrivals in PCW has been the loud mouthed manager Ronnie P. Gossett. After taking control of the Wild Bulls, tonight he introduced his latest charge, the "Big Cat" Curtis Hughes. Hughes, a powerful man who played football for Kansas State, cut an imposing figure in the ring. But nobody present, certainly not Sampson, was ready for his speed. True to his name, Hughes pounced on Sampson like a lion and, with cat like quickness, proceeded to maul him with crushing power moves. He ultimately went for the kill with a move called the Cat's Claw where he whipped Sampson into the ropes and hit him with a modified side slam onto his knee. There was no getting up from that and Hughes had scored his first PCW win. With both Hughes and the Gantner Brothers on his side, Gossett is set to make a major impact in Pacific Coast Wrestling.

Dingo Warrior vs. Mr. Hito

Dingo Warrior aka Ultimate warrior wccw | Wwe legends, Wrestling  superstars, Professional wrestlingMr Hito - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Ever since his arrival in PCW at the start of the year, Dingo Warrior has torn through all of his opposition like a force of nature, all while brusquely rebuffing a series of offers from several managers and factions. That momentum came to a shuddering halt at Aloha Spectacular, with a shocking count out loss to Mr. Hito. Eager to get some payback, Dingo demanded an immediate rematch and was granted one tonight. Just like in Hawaii, Dingo came charging right out to the ring after Hito, and just like that night, he ran straight into a spin kick from Hito. But it turned out that Dingo had learned something from that match, as he braced himself for the blow and came back off the ropes with a clothesline that knocked Hito to the ground. Hito was able to come back, lacing into Dingo's legs with kicks that staggered him. But Dingo was determined to grit it out, and every time he was able to land a shot on Hito, it flattened the Japanese veteran. It seemed like Dingo would be able to avenge his loss when he started to hoist Hito up for the Press Slam. But quick as a flash, someone rushed into the ring and dropkicked him in the back, sending him to the mat. It was Masanobu Fuchi! Fuchi, Hito's partner who had not been seen in PCW in over a year, attacked the felled Warrior while the ref called for the DQ, and soon Hito joined him in a double team. When Dingo started to rally, Fuchi and Hito wisely bailed from the ring and they and Gary Hart headed to the back. It looks like Fuchi is now back with Gary Hart International. But is that a wise move, given he has now provoked the hot headed Dingo Warrior?

Submission Title Tournament Match : Konnan vs. Hector Guerrero

Konnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorHéctor Guerrero — The Movie Database (TMDB)

A fair argument can be made that the trend of Submission battles that led to the establishment of the new Submission Title started with a match in mid January between Konnan and Hector Guerrero. Konnan forced Hector to tap out in that match to the Tequila Sunrise. Hector was definitely fixed on evening the score, with the stakes being even higher with the chance to move on in the Submission Title Tournament. Once again, the power of Konnan and the skill of Hector seemed evenly match as they worked to try to get their respective holds on each other. It looked like Konnan would once again cinch the Tequila Sunrise on Hector, but Hector was able to block it with a single leg takedown. Hector proceeded to work over Konnan's legs , and finally got him up in the Gory Special. Konnan struggled mightily but couldn't break free and had to tap out, sending Hector into the next round of the tournament.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are on a crusade here in Pacific Coast Wrestling … the Knights Templar!

The crowd explodes in boos as Mr. Bob Backlund leads Gary Young, Jack Victory, Chris Candido and Al Snow to the ring. Bob Backlund is stone faced with the hood to his robe pulled over his head, but the rest of the Knights have dour expressions on their faces.

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGary Young – Online World of WrestlingWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn BellChris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

Gary Young : * grabbing the microphone from Bonnema * Give me that, this is Knights Templar business! (Bonnema immediately departs the ring.) It's time for a reckoning, and we all know it's coming. Mr. Bob Backlund, sir, we know we let you down. We went into Aloha Spectacular and, while you and Jack here won your matches, the rest of us couldn't get it done. I failed to win the California Title from Owen Hart, Chris lost the Light Heavyweight Title to Black Tiger, and Al lost to Tony St. Clair. We know we disappointed you, and whatever you have to say to us, we have it coming.

Backlund : * slowly * Oh, my boys, my fine boys, my Knights in shining armour … you have made me so proud of you! (Young and the other Knights Templar look at each other in confusion.) I told you, we walk a righteous path. I also told you it would be a long hard road. It requires patience, but every step forward is itself a victory. Chris, the Light Heavyweight title was a distraction for you. You are better off without it. Al, you went toe to toe with Tony St. Clair, who is a top contender for any title he chooses. Your place is in the tag ranks, and the Bomb Squad are going to blow up any team that crosses their path. (Chris and Al look to each other and nod.) Jack, you showed how worthy you are of the name Victory. That Neanderthal Billy Jack Haynes and his trollop of a manager were looking to have a glorious return, but you showed them that PCW belongs to the Knights Templar! And Gary … you didn't take the California Title this time. But you took Owen Hart to the limit, and now we have a much clearer picture of his strengths and weaknesses. We are on a Crusade, and we have the strength of many because our hears are pure. As long as we keep the faith, we cannot be stopped. Do you have faith, my boys?

The Knights all reply , "Yes!"

Backlund : I SAID DO YOU HAVE FAITH?

The Knights raise their fists and all shout, "YES!"

Backlund : Then we cannot be stopped!

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Fit Finlay & Ed Wiskowski

The Golden Boys – in pictures: early years – Eire + AlbaEvery Version Of Finlay, Ranked Worst To Best | TheSportsterProWresBlog: Mid-South Wrestling 12/3/1981 Review

While they started off the year as Pacific Tag Team Champions, British Steel have lately fallen on hard times. After losing the titles to the new version of the Midnight Express, they have suffered a series of losses and have had a hard time getting back on track. Meanwhile, Fit Finlay has gotten a number of high profile wins, but his more sportsmanlike behaviour has gotten under the skin of his fellow Playboy Club members. He and Easy Ed were clearly struggling to get on the same page tonight, and British Steel were certainly much more in synch in this match. But Finlay and the Polish Prince had a fair sized advantage with regards to power and brutality, and it was a very tense match up. At one point, Wiskowski decided he had enough, dragging Regal out of the ring and pulling up the ringside mat. He got Regal set up for a face first piledriver on the concrete, but Finlay clearly thought this was going too far. He pulled off Wiskowski and the two argued until Brookside came off with a dive from the top rope on top of them. In the confusion, Regal was able to make it back into the ring, giving the win to British Steel. After the match, Finlay and Wiskowski started to shove each other, and it might have erupted into a brawl had not Buddy Rose and Cannonball Grizzly run out and interposed themselves between them. The Playboy Club will need to straighten out this tension in their ranks, and they had best do it sooner rather than later.

Haynes has a point to prove and he does so with vigor.

Cactus Jack joins the Army! I like the little touch of having Douglas join in & be the swaying argument. 

To the surprise of no one, Severn advances in the Submission title tournament.

Between his Wild Bulls & Big Cat, RPG is almost ready to open a zoo!

Dingo shows he can learn form his mistakes but the return of Fuchi prevents him from gaining his payback...for the moment.

Hector avenges a previous loss & has a chance to bring gold back to the Guerrrero household.

The leader of a heel group that actually...praises his men after they lose? Who chooses to focus on the positives instead of the failures? Bob Backlund just blew a LOT of fans minds!

Finlay's new attitude finally costs the Playboy Club a match meaning the split is closer than it's ever been. Finlay should be a fun face.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , March 5th

Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

It was no surprise when these two put on a real barn burner of a match. It was a big surprise, however, when, after a fast paced and thrilling match, Eddie Guerrero went up top and landed on Barr with a frog splash, Art's own signature move. Art Barr was enraged after the match at Guerrero stealing his move, but US Steel came out and was able to calm him down.

The Hart Foundation vs. "Mean" Mike Miller & Bob Orton

A gritty affair where the Harts were able to execute the Hart Attack on Orton to pull out the win over the Crazy Gang.

Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

This was an incredibly close match which ended when Blackman went for a running bicycle kick on Candido, but Candido ducked under it at the last second and Blackman ran right into a superkick from Snow, giving the win to the Bomb Squad.

US Steel vs. Mando Guerrero

The veteran Mando did his best against the huge US Steel, but the good natured hard hat caught him in a crushing bearhug and forced him to give up the match.

Ron Simmons & Curt Hennig vs. Maxx Payne & Lord Humongous

This was an absolute war between the Brigade and the Crazy Gang. After a brutal fight, Simmons and Hennig were finally able to take down Humongous with a double clothesline, and Hennig rolled up the man in the hockey mask with a double leg cradle, just barely holding his shoulders down for the three count.

Ronnie Garvin vs. Buddy Rose

The Playboy wasn't too keen to lock up with the man with the Hands Of Stone, but made sure to have his young follower, Cannonball Grizzly, at ringside. While Garvin did a lot of damage to Rose, Grizzly was able to provide enough of a distraction that Rose was able to catch Garvin in a schoolboy rollup assisted by two fistfuls of tight to get a tainted win.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Jack Victory

Victory was coming off a big win at Aloha Spectacular and, with his mentor Mr. Bob Backlund by his side, had momentum on his side. Windham was clearly taking the match seriously, and the result was a real nail biter of a match. It looked like Windham would put away this latest threat when he blocked an attempted Victory-Plex with an elbow smash to the back of Victory's head, then set him up for a running bulldog headlock. But he was unable to get the move off as he was attacked from behind by the One Man Gang, who came out of nowhere to charge into the ring. As the ref called for the DQ, the big 747 landed a number of heavy blows onto the champ before Ron Simmons and Curt Hennig rushed out to defend the Brigade leader. One Man Gang chose not to engage with them, but pointed at Windham before leaving the ring.

Eddie beats Barr with his own move! If Barr's mad now imagine how pissed he'll be when everyone who sees it immediately thinks of Eddie.

The Hart Foundation toughs it out against the Crazy Gang's senior members.

Bomb Squad strikes Black Gold!

Mando gets the squeeze from US Steel.

Simmons & Henning take down the monsters of the Crazy Gang.

Rose steals another one thanks to Grizzly.

OMG disrupts the main event to send a message to the champ.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Kelowna Memorial Arena, Kelowna, March 6th

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner)

The young Englishmen found themselves overwhelmed by Ronnie Gossett's team, with Brookside going down to the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face) by Ed Gantner

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Sabu

Billy Jack fought hard to put down the wild man of the Crazy Gang, finally forcing him to give up to the Full Nelson

Leo Burke  vs. Bob Backlund

A taught technical showdown between two crafty veterans, with Burke trying to lock in the Sleeper hold while Backlund attempted to procure the Cross Face Chicken Wing. In the end, Backlund instead got the pinfall when he caught Burke in the Backlund Bridge

John Tenta vs. Mr. Hito

The local BC hero Tenta pinned Hito with the Big Quake

Owen Hart & Brian Pillman vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Hot on the heels of their victory the night before, the Bomb Squad gave a tremendous fight to the Snowbirds, managing several near falls before Snow was finally pinned after a double top rope dropkick by Hart and Pillman

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams)

The Rainbow Warriors came very close to taking the tag titles on a number of occasions, but when Steamboat went up top for the flying cross body press, the Wild Bulls came out and knocked him down to the mat. While the Wild Bulls and the Rainbow Warriors slugged it out after the match, the Midnight Express retreated to the locker room, losing by DQ but still the champs.

Pacific Television Title Match : Big Bubba Rogers © vs. Jeff Jarrett

Young Jeff fought valiantly, but once again the Big Bubba Slam kept the title in the hands of the Louisville Slugger. Can anybody stop Big Bubba?

The Bull Hammer puts a dent in British Steel.

Haynes' full nelson corals Sabu. No easy feat.

The leader of the crusade outwrestles the General of the Army.

Tenta brings the Big Quake to his home country.

The Snowbirds defuse the Bomb Squad.

The Bulls cost the Rainbow Warriors the tag titles. This will not go unanswered.

Double J becomes the latest to fall to Big Bubba.

Billy Jack is back and I'm sure wants another piece of Victory.

Cactus joins the Army. A bit of guidance from Burke won't hurt. 

Severn is defiantly my pick to win the Submission tournament.

Nice move pairing Gossett with Hughes. I love it! 

Hito continues to give Warrior problems. Now with Fuchi back, it's only going to get worse. 

Hector proves he's going to be a threat in the tournament. 

Mr. Backlund can make millions as a motivational speaker. That was inspiring! 

British Steel take advantage of things to get in a win. Fit and Easy Ed are heading for an explosion. 

Vancouver,

Eddie pisses Barr off by beating him with his own move LOL. 

Hart Foundation get a big win over Orton and Miller. Fun match.

Backlund's words lead the Bomb Squad to victory. 

Can anyone escape Steel's bearhug? 

Simmons and Hennig squeak out a win but I'm sure this war is far from over.

Playboy is the master of the pulled tights pin. 

OMG gets a lot more heat with Windham. Now it's gotten physical. 

Kelowna, 

With Gossett in their corner, the Wild Bulls might be wearing gold again.

Billy Jack's full nelson means defeat.

Backlund leads by example by defeating another leader.

Tenta shakes Hito's world.

Bomb Squad aren't as lucky tonight but hey they were in there with Owen and Pillman.

I'm sure the DQ loss didn't bother the Midnights. However, I'm sure the Bulls attack bothered the Rainbow Warriors.

To answer the question, NO, I don't think anybody can stop Big Bubba.

Great stuff this week! 

On 3/3/2022 at 3:43 PM, Autistic Dragon said:
50 minutes ago, spaldoni said:

Mr. Backlund can make millions as a motivational speaker. That was inspiring! 

The leader of a heel group that actually...praises his men after they lose? Who chooses to focus on the positives instead of the failures? Bob Backlund just blew a LOT of fans minds!

This will sound a bit weird , but a bit of my inspiration for the Bob Backlund story came from the Grand Admiral Thrawn series of Star Wars novels. In those novels, the title character proved to be a huge a threat to the post original trilogy Republic by leading through pride and esprit de corps, instead of leading through fear, bullying, and intimidation like Vader did. I liked the idea of a heel who had a group who were intensely dedicated to him because he gave them positive reinforcement, so I made Bob Backlund this sort of cult like leader.

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN , March 11th

Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

Art Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

Last week, Eddie Guerrero scored a huge victory by pinning his rival Art Barr. Barr took this extremely personally, not just the loss but the fact that Guerrero pinned him with his own signature move, the Frog Splash. Barr insisted on an immediate rematch, and tonight it was granted. The ref never even had a chance to make the introduction as Barr came out and immediately tore into Guerrero. Eddie fought back hard but really didn't get much of a chance to get his bearing as Barr attacked him with a vengeance. It didn't take Barr long to send him to the mat with a crescent kick, then he went up top and hit his own Frog Splash to put an end to the match.  Only that wasn't the end, as Barr went up top, looking to hit it again. The other three Guerrero Brothers raced out to pull their brother out of harm's way, and Leo Burke came out to talk Barr down, but Barr was shouting at the Guerreros as Burke pulled him away from the ring. Clearly this match resolved nothing.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are … * pained expression * no strangers to the interview segment … Buddy Rose and the Playboy Club.

Legend Playboy Buddy Rose Found Dead - OWWProWresBlog: Mid-South Wrestling 12/3/1981 ReviewEvery Version Of Finlay, Ranked Worst To Best | TheSportsterTalking Shop: Cannonball Grizzly/PN News (ex-WCW) |

The crowd greets Buddy Rose and his men with boos, but Rose, Ed Wiskowski, Fit Finlay and Cannonball Grizzly don't seem particularly affected by it, having already sour expressions etched on their faces the moment they step through the curtain.

Bonnema : Buddy Rose, there is  a prevailing sense that all is not well in the Playboy Club. Care to comment?

Rose : Oh, I definitely care to comment. If there is anything the Playboy Club prides itself on, it's that we get the job done. I took care of that idiot Rip Oliver, and we aren't going to see him again! We gave the Sheepchasers a simple job, take care of TDT. They failed, and now they are gone from the Club. No big loss, we had someone waiting in the wings … Cannonball Grizzly! He proved that he is Playboy Club material, he's kept Texas Red away from me, and now he has earned official membership. (Grizzly can be seen giving a quick grin before returning to his serious expression) The Playboy Club is a tight organization, with everyone kicking butt and doing what they are told. Except there seems to be someone * glaring at Fit Finlay * who seems to have lost some of his zest for the job. Someone who wants to play fair with our enemies. Wants to help them up and give them a pat on the back instead of kicking their teeth in. What's the deal, Irish? Are you getting soft? Have you been ill? Feeling a little sick with the flu are we? You look a bit tired, maybe it's time for your nap. (Finlay bristles at this.) Are you no longer happy with your position in the Club? Because we can reconsider it if that is what you really want.

Finlay : Oh, I'm sick alright. I'm sick and I'm tired of you! * the crowd cheers * I joined your little club because you promised me the chance to fight. Well, I soon found out that meant doing all your fighting for you. You hid behind me while I took the lumps and ran away when the going got too tough. Well, maybe that's good enough for this young idiot (Grizzly bristles) but it's not good enough for me. Sure , I show respect to British Steel. They took the best shots I could give them, and they never backed down. I never thought I would say this, but those English kids showed me a damned sight more guts than you ever have. So I can save you the trouble of reconsidering my position. You can take your stupid Club, and you can shove it!

Finlay gets in a quick right cross on Rose that knocks him down, but Grizzly and Easy Ed are on him right away. Finlay fights back hard, but the numbers are against him. Before they can do too much damage, Texas Red and Billy Jack Haynes are out and clear the Playboy Club from the ring. Finlay is battered but still defiant.

Submission Title Tournament Match : Jeff Jarrett vs. Mr. Hito

GWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it.Mr Hito - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

The next match would be for a berth in the Semi-Finals of the Submission Title Tournament. While young Jarrett has pulled out some clutch victories for the odd couple with his Figure Four leglock, the Japanese veteran Hito has a variety of punishing nerveholds and armlocks in his arsenal, any of which could spell the end of the match. As one might figure, Hito worked over Jarrett's arms through the match, while Jarrett targeted the legs of Hito. Hito wound up making an uncharacteristic mistake when he attempted a kneedrop to wear down Jarrett's outstretched arm, but Jarrett was able to pull away at the last second, and Hito landed hard on his knee. Jarrett quickly took advantage and wrapped Hito in the Figure Four right in the middle of the ring. With no way out, Hito tapped out to avoid further damaging his knee. Jarrett was now one step closer to the Submission Title.

Steve Blackman vs. Bob Backlund

Gallery - Online World of WrestlingBob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

Bob Backlund is someone well familiar with submission holds, and was a curious omission from the title tournament. Perhaps to show that the PCW officials had made a mistake in leaving him out of the tournament, he seemed to be adding a bit of extra viciousness in every wear down hold he used on Blackman. Blackman put up a brave fight, lacing into Backlund with kicks and chops every time he got an opening. But the skill of the former World Champion was too much to overcome, and after an especially jarring atomic drop, Backlund procured the crossface chicken wing on Blackman. Blackman tapped out, but Backlund did not release the hold until the ref ordered him to. Whoever wins the Submission Title, they may well have to face a challenge from Backlund, sooner or later.

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Buddy Rose

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterLegend Playboy Buddy Rose Found Dead - OWW

Billy Jack Haynes has been warmly received by the fans since his return to the Pacific Northwest, along with his new manager Sunshine. Mostly he has had his hands full with Jack Victory and the Knights Templar, but tonight he would square off with his old nemesis Buddy Rose. Rose had his young protégé Cannonball Grizzly prowling around ringside, but Billy Jack kept his focus squarely on the Playboy. In spite of Rose using all of the stalling and dirty tricks at his disposal to keep him at bay, Billy Jack kept rocking Rose with big shots and power moves. Grizzly was about to get up on the ring apron to tip the balance in Rose's favour, but he found himself pulled off by Texas Red . While the two slugged it out at ringside, Rose summoned Ed Wiskowski from the locker room. But Easy Ed was waylaid by Fit Finlay, looking for some payback for earlier in the evening. With his two allies being taken out of play, Rose went to his last resort and pulled a set of brass knucks out of his trunks. But it had taken too long, as Haynes cut him off with a big boot to the midsection. Billy Jack followed up with a truly impressive shoulder breaker to get the pinfall. Buddy Rose had been king of the hill, but now it seems like he might have made just too many enemies to contain.

Submission Title Tournament Match : Leo Burke vs. Masanobu Fuchi

Leo Burke - IMDbAJPW: Masanobu Fuchi Commemorative Meetings Announced | Superfights

This would be the final match of the first round of the Submission Title Tournament, and it would pit two cagey experienced wrestlers against each other. Fuchi, newly returned to PCW, went right after Burke, working him over to try to bring him to the mat and apply the STF. Burke kept steady and stood his ground, looking to draw Fuchi into his Sleeper hold. At one point, Fuchi was able to get Burke in the STF, but Burke was able to struggle enough to reach the ropes, and the ref ordered Fuchi to break the hold. Fuchi tried to take Burke down again, but Burke caught him with a hiptoss and immediately pounced, wrapping him in the Sleeper. Fuchi was in the middle of the ring and had nowhere to go, so he tapped out. He bowed in respect to Burke after the match. The semi finals were now in place : Dan Severn would face Hector Guerrero, and Jeff Jarrett would do battle with Leo Burke.

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are headed to the main event of Vegas Vengeance … the One Man Gang, and his manager, Gary Hart !

The One Man Gang | Wrestling superstars, Pro wrestling, One man gangGary Hart - Home | Facebook

Gang and Hart were looking especially smug as they walked out to a chorus of boos from the fans. They were both looking like the proverbial cat that ate the canary as they joined Frank Bonnema in the ring.

Bonnema : Well, you two are certainly full of yourselves today. No doubt you have some sort of sinister plan to bring in your mystery partner to take on Barry Windham and Konnan at Vegas Vengeance. I don't suppose you'd care to share the details with the rest of us.

Hart : You are spectacularly wrong on all counts, Bonnema. In all truth, we have no more idea of who our partner is going to be than you do.

Bonnema : What … you mean, you don't know who the mystery partner is either? How is that possible?

Gang : It's a mystery. HA HA HA!!!! Tell him all about it, Moon!

Hart : You see, Frank Bonnema, we were contacted by a high profile lawyer … no need to go into names, but they had our attention from the get go. They explained that they represented a wrestler who wanted their own shot at the Brigade and were willing to do anything to make that happen. Now, normally we would give someone like this the bum's rush. Gary Hart International can take care of our own business! But business is business, and they were keen to make an offer. Well, it didn't take long to come to an agreement, and the price was certainly right. Our mystery patron has been extremely generous, and it will be a pleasure to work with them, whoever they turn out to be.

Bonnema : But aren't you worried if this is some sort of trap? I mean , this could be anyone.

Hart : We have no worries at all. The big 747 here is more than capable of taking on those Brigade punks all by himself. So long as our partner doesn't get underfoot, victory is guaranteed!

Non-title Match : Badd Company vs. Tabarnak De Team (Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

piZap by Mary Isbell | Wrestling, Memphis, CompanyJos LeDuc - WWF | FacebookPCO Pierre Carl Ouellet vs Cm punk wwe world champion - Vidéo Dailymotion

A big part of Gary Hart's confidence has been the success of Badd Company. After finishing off 1986 on a losing streak, they have completely reversed their fortunes since taking on Hart as their manager. They have not only won the Golden State Tag Team Titles but held onto them in the face of intense competition. TDT, on the other hand, are coming off a big victory over the Sheepherders at Aloha spectacular, and were dead set on proving that win was no fluke. The two teams were a study in contrast, with the champions relying on their speed and coordination while the Quebecois bruisers were opting for sheer blunt force trauma. Tanaka and Diamond did their best to stick and move, dodging out of the clutches of Leduc and Ouellet the best they could. But TDT were a constant threat, making every shot they landed do considerable damage.  Tanaka tried to get Leduc off his feet with a series of rapid fire kicks, but got to close, and found himself in a crushing bearhug. Ouellet was then all over Diamond, keeping him from trying to break the hold. Leduc's strength is legendary, and it didn't take long for Tanaka to give up the match. A convincing win for Tabarnak De Team, and definitely one that puts them at the front of the line for a title shot.

Barr goes ballistic in the operner.

Finlay officially splits from the club but seems to quickly find new allies.

Double J advances along with his Odd Couple tag partner.

Backlund makes an example of Blackman.

The General moves on to face a man who once rejected a spot in the Army.

Hart & OMG agreed to take on a partner....& they don't even know who it is? That must've been one hell of an offer.

TDT jumps straight to the front of the line as they beat Badd Company. Moon's good mood must've vanished quickly.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, March 12th

2/3 Falls Match : Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

1st Fall : Guerrero came out strong out of the gates and was able to get the first pinfall with the Frog Splash

2nd Fall : Barr fought back and hit his own Frog Splash to even the count

3rd Fall : Both men were still battling it out when the bell rang, signaling a 20 minute time limit draw

Result : Draw

Cactus Jack vs. Gary Young

Young grabbed the ropes to block an attempted Russian Legsweep by Cactus and hit a DDT for the win

Robbie Brookside vs. Jack Victory

Despite a game effort from Brookside, Victory kept up the win streak for the Knights Templar with a Victory-Plex

Texas Red, Ron Garvin & Billy Jack Haynes vs. Buddy Rose, Ed Wiskowski & Cannonball Grizzly

With all 6 men brawling in the ring at once, Grizzly had Garvin set up for the Cannonball Crush, but Fit Finlay came out and shoved him off the top turnbuckle. Texas Red then hit a running legdrop to defeat the Playboy Club

Barry Windham, Ron Simmons, Curt Hennig, Konnan & Dingo Warrior vs. One Man Gang, Mr. Hito, Masanobu Fuchi & Badd Company

This was a long and intense match, with Dingo Warrior teaming up with the Brigade for the first time to take on Gary Hart International. The facepainted one was particularly keen to go after Hito and Fuchi. But it was Pat Tanaka, still battered from the earlier match with TDT, who ended up being pinned after a massive double clothesline from Dingo and Ron Simmons

Pacific Television Title Cage Match : Big Bubba Rogers © vs. Brian Pillman

After a series of intense title matches, including a classic at Aloha Spectacular, it has come down to this big match that would take place inside a STEEL cage. Pillman was out first, a look of grim determination on his face. After that came the champion, with his manager, Jim Cornette, giving rapid fire instructions in his ear. Knowing that he would be unable to interfere in the match due to the cage, Cornette was set on giving as much help as he could to Big Bubba before the door closed. Once it did, the two warriors got to it.  Big Bubba loomed over the former Cincinnati Bengal, but Pillman was not intimidated. One could soon see why, as Pillman stood his ground in the face of the powerful punches , firing back with wicked chops that made Big Bubba take a back step. Neither man relented in the match, with both getting busted open against the hard steel of the cage. Little by little, Pillman seemed to be wearing down Big Bubba, even managing to achieve what some thought was impossible by taking him off his feet with a flying dropkick. He tried to put him away for good by going up top for a flying cross body press. But Bubba managed to catch him in mid air and, in a spectacular feat of strength, drive him into the corner turnbuckle with a power slam. He then powerslammed Pillman into the mat, the ref counted three, and that was that. Pillman had given it his best, but Big Bubba Rogers remains the champ.

Love me some PCW and the main event...Steel Cage... Bubber vs Flyin Brian.... Bubber was the man with his hand raised but Pillman's stock is through the roof and he is going to be someone to really watch in 1987.  A pretty fun ten man in there as well... Windham, Simmons, Hennig, Konnan, & Warrior... what a team! Also we've got Eddie and Art... 2/3 Falls...no winner. the question now is what can they do next? Will someone's hair be on the line?

Love Guerrero & Barr trading Frog Splashes in the opening 2 out of 3 falls. Clearly more drastic measures are in order.

Young & Victory secure back-to-back wins for the Knights.

Red, Garvin, Haynes & Finlay is quite the collection of bad asses.

Dingo may prefer to walk alone but he seemed to have gelled nicely with The Brigade.

Rogers retains in a cage that actually succeeds in keeping Cornette out. Who''s next?

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, March 13th

US Steel & Art Barr vs. "Mean" Mike Miller & Bob Orton

With both teams heading into the Vegas Vengeance Tag Team Tournament, they were looking to have a good showing and get some momentum going into the tournament. In the end, the match went to the Crazy Gang, with Miller pinning Barr after hitting an over the shoulder neckbreaker. A tough loss for Barr, but after 3 hard fought matches in one weekend, he has nothing to feel bad about.

Tony St. Clair vs. Al Snow

Despite considerable effort from Snow, St. Clair got the win with the Spinning Forearm Smash.

The Hart Foundation vs. Maxx Payne & Lord Humongous

A highly competitive match between two tough teams. Hart was trying to get Payne in the modified Scorpion Hold he had recently started using, but Humongous ambushed him from behind and used his hockey mask to give several brutal headbutts to the back of the head. Payne covered Hart and scored the one two three.

John Tenta vs. Chris Candido

Full credit to Candido, the former Light Heavyweight Champ did everything he could to take down Tenta. But he could not make a dent in the former Sumo wrestler, and Tenta pinned him with the Big Quake.

Shane Douglas vs. Stan Lane

While both men are primarily tag team wrestlers, they squared off in an exciting singles match. Douglas scored a major upset when he surprised Lane with a belly to belly suplex for the victory.

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) & Steven Regal vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner) & Curtis Hughes

A ferocious six man match that went to Ronnie P. Gossett's men when Hughes hit the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee) on Regal

California Title Match : Owen Hart © vs. Bobby Eaton

Owen and Eaton had a thrilling match with many near falls that ended when Owen was able to roll out of the way of the Alabama Jam, then trap Eaton with a double leg cradle to successfully defend his title.

Show kicks off in high gear with Barr getting some payback on Eddie. 

Finlay finally has enough and quits the club. Club gets in some shots but Finlay seems to have new friends. 

Young Jarrett's stock rises after making Hito tap. 

Backlund uses the tournament snub as motivation. Poor Blackman felt the pain. 

If you want to pack a house in Portland, Rose vs. Hayes will do just that. Rose is falling on hard times. I think he's going to miss Finlay. 

Burke still has fuel in the tank as he advances to the semis. 

Wow, even Hart and OMG don't know who their partner will be. Very, very interesting. 

TDT puts an end to Bad Co's win streak and has just earned themselves a title shot.

Oh man, this Barr/Eddie feud is stealing the shows. 

Sweet finish as Young picks up a nice win over Cactus.

Victory racks up another victory. 

Playboy Club suffers again. 

Damn, what a 10 man tag match! Who would get up from a Warrior/Simmons double clothesline? 

A great night of action ends with an awesome cage match. I really enjoyed this feud and you put a great cap on it. Pillman comes out a star and Bubba looks invincible.

The teams are tuning up for the big tournament.

My man St. Clair scores another win. I'm sensing a title shot soon.

Thanks to a hockey mask, the monsters put down the Harts. Still a huge win.

Credit to Candido for trying but nobody gets up from the Quake. 

Yea, I know Sweet Stan was surprised by Douglas. 

RPG has his men looking good.

What better way to conclude the night than with an Owen vs. Eaton match. 

Pacific continues to bring the heat! 

Some big news for the upcoming two night spectacular Vegas Vengeance show. First up, to sweeten the pot for the big "Moondog" Lonnie Mayne Memorial Tag Team Tournament, the grand prize for the winning team has been increased from $200000 to $500000! This should make the competition even more intense. The teams competing in the tournament will be :

Hector & Eddie Guerrero

Mr. Hito & Masanobu Fuchi

The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

"Mean" Mike Miller & "Cowboy" Bob Orton

The Hart Foundation

Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

US Steel & Art Barr

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside)

Besides the tournament, the already announced matches are :

Barry Windham & Konnan vs. One Man Gang & a mystery partner

And the tournament finals to crown the first ever Pacific Submission Champion.

To that , we can now add a few more announced matches :

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger (c) vs. Chavo Guerrero

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Badd Company (c) vs. Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

Three Way Elimination Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express (c) vs. The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner)

California Title Match : Owen Hart (c) vs. Mr. Bob Backlund

Pacific Television Title Match : Big Bubba Rogers (c) vs. Tony St. Clair

Looking forward to what should be a great 2 nights of wrestling.

5 hours ago, spaldoni said:

A great night of action ends with an awesome cage match. I really enjoyed this feud and you put a great cap on it. Pillman comes out a star and Bubba looks invincible.

Truth be told, the match at Aloha Spectacular had been meant to be the last match between the two, and they were going to move on to other things. But people responded so well to that match , I decided to give them one more big match and give them a proper closer to the feud.