Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Portland Sports Arena, Portland , on ESPN / TSN , April 5th

Jeff Jarrett vs. Al Snow

GWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it.Leif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

Lately, Jeff Jarrett has , without trying to, become something of a thorn in the side of the Knights Templar. Last week, he scored a convincing victory over Chris Candido, then followed that with a determined challenge for Bob Backlund's California Title. While he wasn't able to take the title, Mr. Bob Backlund was still at ringside for this match, staring daggers at Jarrett throughout. Al Snow did all he could to avenge his partner's earlier loss, Jarrett was able to keep his wits about him and trap Snow in the Figure Four Leglock to take the match. Backlund continued to look bent out of shape by the result, and was intensely talking to Snow as they headed to the back. It looks like Jarrett has gained fierce enemies in the Knights Templar.

Leo Burke & US Steel vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner)

Leo Burke - IMDbMaking Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn BellEd Gantner - OWWBULL PAIN Rick Gantner Badass Biker Thug Classic Pro Wrestling Heel -  YouTube

While they might not have won the Pacific Tag Team Titles at Vegas Vengeance, the Gantner Brothers have taken a bit of a meaner edge since taking on the stewardship of Ronnie P. Gossett. With their increasingly belligerent attitude, they tried to bully Leo Burke throughout the match, but the General of The Army was having none of it. He and US Steel fought back fiercely. The just spurred the Bulls to intensified their attack, and kept up their assault until Ed hit the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face) on Burke for the pinfall. He tried to continue to attack Burke, but US Steel was quick to intercede. The Gantners were eager to throw down, but Gossett told them to stand back and led them away. Regardless, I don't think that US Steel is done with the Gantner Brothers.

Cactus Jack & Art Barr vs. Mr. Hito & Masanobu Fuchi

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingMr Hito - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaAJPW: Masanobu Fuchi Commemorative Meetings Announced | Superfights

Last week, Cactus Jack and Art Barr teamed as a duo for the first time and caught a lot of attention for their hell raising style. They continued their crazy ways as they took on the former Golden State Tag Team champs Hito and Fuchi. While the Japanese team did everything they could to try to contain them, they seemed baffled at what to do with this unconventional pair. Things became somehow even more chaotic when Dingo Warrior sauntered down to the ring, giving the evil eye to Hito. This sufficiently distracted Hito to leave him prey to a dropkick from Barr that sent him flying out of the ring. When Hito got to his feet, Dingo was standing right in front of him, but the face painted one didn't lay a finger on him. He just continued his glare and provided a distraction while Cactus came off the ring apron and hit Hito in the back of the head with an elbow smash. Cactus then dragged Hito back into the ring where Barr hit a Frog Splash for the victory. Cactus and Barr may be an odd pairing, but you can't argue with their effectiveness so far.

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Chris Candido

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterChris Candido - IMDb

Billy Jack is gunning hard for the Knights Templar, facing everyone he can in their ranks until he gets his hands on Jack Victory and John Tatum. Candido was probably wishing he had skipped out on this match, as Haynes tore into him with unrelenting fury. To his credit, Candido did his best to use his speed and skill to keep Billy Jack at bay. But the Oregon favorite would not be denied, hitting a crushing shoulder breaker to end the match. I certainly wouldn't want to be Tatum and Victory when they finally see Billy Jack across the ring from them.

Jim Neidhart vs. Buddy Rose

Jim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and HighlightsLegend Playboy Buddy Rose Found Dead - OWW

Buddy Rose has been scrambling of late. With the defection of Fit Finlay from the ranks of the Playboy Club, as well as losses to John Tenta, the Playboy's ego has taken rather a bruising of lately. Seeing that he was going to have to face the Anvil tonight, he had to know that it wasn't just his ego in danger of being bruised. The former pro football nose tackle knocked Rose all over the ring, and the Playboy was struggling to find some way to stay in the match. Then Neidhart had Rose trapped in the corner and came in with a big shoulder tackle. Rose dodged out of the way just in the nick of time, and Neidhart went right between the turnbuckles, jamming his shoulder into the corner post. Neidhart clearly hurt his shoulder very badly, and Rose capitalized by rolling him up, keeping both his feet on the ropes to get the leveraged pin. Rose had turned his fortunes around, albeit by his usual skullduggerous means. We will see if this does anything to restore his flagging confidence.

Barry Windham, Ron Simmons & Konnan vs. One Man Gang, Maxx Payne & Lord Humongous

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopediaimage.png.7ecf37a8aaecb87994e5ba394406a6a2.pngKonnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorThe One Man Gang | Wrestling superstars, Pro wrestling, One man gangMaxx PaynePage 2 - 10 wrestlers who secretly hated their gimmicks

Another group that has gone from dominance to disarray has been the Brigade. Not only have they had to fight a war on two fronts against the Crazy Gang and Gary Hart International, but they are now having to face the challenge of former World Champion Nick Bockwinkel. Speaking of whom, Bockwinkel grandly strode to a seat in the front row, bringing along with him a briefcase. After he was seated, he opened up the briefcase and took out a Martini shaker, pouring out the contents into a Martini glass and smugly sipping from it as he observed the match. The Brigade did their best to shut it all out, but in the end they were pulled in too many directions, and when Humongous hit the Power Bomb on Konnan, that was that. Bockwinkel nodded in approval before standing and returning to the back. Whatever his plan is, he certainly seems satisfied with its progress.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jarrett goes 2-0 over the Bomb Squad much to the ire of Mr Bob Backlund.

U.S Steel is on tough dude but i'm not sure about messing with the bulls.

The wildlings pf the Army score a win over Hart's Japanese enforcers with a little help from Dingo.

Candido feels the wrath of Haynes.

Rose snatches victory from the jaws of defeat.

OMG reunites with his Crazy Gang comrades to beat a distracted Brigade. The champ & his friends seem to be spread a bit thin of late.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Portland Memorial Coliseum , Portland , on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, April 6th

Brian Pillman vs. Mr. Hito

The evening kicked off with a taught duel that ended with Pillman scoring the win with the Air Pillman

John Tenta vs. Cannonball Grizzly

A bruising battle of super heavyweights that Tenta won after hitting the Big Quake

The Hart Foundation vs. Hector & Chavo Guerrero

Neidhart's shoulder was still giving him a lot of trouble from the night before, and Hector capitalized when he forced him to give up to the Gory Special

Fit Finlay, Ron Garvin & Billy Jack Haynes vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner) & Curtis Hughes

This was a knock down, drag out fight that ended when Garvin knocked out Rick Gantner with the Hands Of Stone Punch

Vic Steamboat vs. Bob Orton

A tough struggle where Steamboat was ultimately able to get Orton up in a Tiger Suplex for the victory

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Maxx Payne

Windham won by DQ when Payne refused to release the Payne Killer when Windham reached the ropes. Payne didn't give up the hold until the ref threatened him with suspension

2/3 Falls Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

1st Fall : Lane pinned Douglas after he ran into a Savate Kick to the jaw

2nd Fall : Douglas pinned Eaton with a Belly To Belly Suplex

3rd Fall : Eaton pinned Blackman after the Alabama Jam

Final Result : The Midnight Express won

Pillman revs the crowd up with a win.

Tenta wins the battle of the behemoths.

Los Guerreros take advantage of a wounded Anvil.

The tough guy trio outfight RPG's crew.

Steamboat outlasts the Ace.

Payne is so eager to injure Windham he lets the title slip through his fingers.

The MXE retain in a barnburner. I hope this show was pretaped because they've got to get to Myrtle Beach later this same day!

Portland has got a hot show. Vic Steamboat over Bob Orton is an interesting one for me. I have always been a fan of him even if he's on the tail end of his career right now.  I am really hoping that Flyin Brian can find his niche here... the big feud with Bubba put him on the map but now he has to keep his place.  Harts and MXE show you've got a top tier tag division and the MXE are proving their worth.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from McArthur Court, Eugene, April 7th

Texas Red vs. Gary Young

Young gave the big Texan a Hell of a fight, but ultimately went down to the Tombstone Piledriver

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Bomb Squad ( Chris Candido & Al Snow)

British Steel continued their slide when they lost by DQ when Regal slugged the ref while fighting with Snow in the corner

Curt Hennig vs. Sabu

A crazy match where both men fought like wildcats until Hennig was finally able to put Sabu's shoulders to the mat with a Cradle Suplex

Brian Adams vs. "Mean" Mike Miller

Miller slipped a foreign object into his elbow pad and hit a loaded forearm smash to steal the win

Tony St. Clair vs. Eddie Guerrero

In what many called the most exciting match of the night, St. Clair was able to pull out the win with the floating butterfly suplex

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Badd Company © vs. Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

Badd Company just barely got out with their titles when Diamond was able to pull off a reverse cross body press on Ouellet

Pacific Television Title Match : Big Bubba Rogers © vs. US Steel

This match ended in a draw when both men were counted out while brawling outside the ring

Red lays Royal to rest.

Given their recent frustrations, I'm wondering how accidental that punch to the ref was.

Hennig proves he can get nuts with a win over Sabu.

Miller s a little too Mean for Adams.

Eddie gets a helluva wrestling lesson from St Clair.

Badd Company retain by the skin of their teeth.

Bubba & Steel beating on each other sounds like a great way to close the night.

Midnight Express versus Black Gold, two out of three falls, what a match! Great main event!

Nice win for Texas Red here!

It sucks to be British Steel, but Regal smacking the referee is a fun visual.

Solid win for Curt Hennig here, Sabu is no joke!

Tony St Clair versus Eddie Guerrero does sound like a great wrestling match!

Nice brawl to the back for the big men to end the night!

Jarrett scores another win as he looks to get another shot at Backlund.

Wild Bulls put down Burke but Steel wants more of them. Steel better be careful.

LOL, I'll never doubt a Pacific oddball pairing. 

Billy Jack is a man on a mission. Yea, Tatum and Victory better gear up.

Rose gets back on the winning track ( the best way Rose knows how) with a nice win over Anvil. 

Explosive main event but I have to say, the highlight for me was Bock making himself a martini. LOL, that was priceless! 

Portland,

Nice seeing Pillman open the show with a win. I have a feeling he's about to get red hot again. 

Tenta is on a roll! 

I really like the way you sell the wrestler's injuries. Anvil's plays the factor and the Guerreros take advantage.

That 6 man tag was a straight up battle of tough guys. Nobody gets up from a Garvin ko punch. 

Steamboat gets an impressive win over Orton. 

Looks like Payne was only interested in inflicting pain on Windham. This could be trouble for the champ with OMG and Bock looming. 

Midnight's retain in a classic over Black Gold. Midnight's always have the advantage when the match goes longer. They never seemed to run out of steam. 

Eugene,

The tombstone is getting over big time. I'm sure Young would agree.

Regal might be in the brink of an explosive meltdown. 

Hennig's cradle plex always looked, well, perfect.

Miller can pack a forearm blast. Game over, if it's loaded. 

My man, St. Clair defeats the young and exciting Eddie. Eddie comes out of this match a better wrestler. 

Badd Co. gets the best of TDT tonight. 

Battle of the big men ends the show in a hard hitting double c.o. Has Bubba met his match?

Great week! You always manage to keep the matches feeling fresh. 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Oakland Alameda County Arena, Oakland, on ESPN / TSN, April 15th

Big Jos Leduc vs. Pat Tanaka

Jos LeDuc - WWF | FacebookRasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "The word "Underrated" gets tossed around  too damn liberally these days,but during my wrestling fandom as a kid,Pat  Tanaka was definitely one of the most underrated talents

TDT have been hot on the trail of Badd Company and their Golden State Tag Team titles. The burly French Canadians have scored some victories in six man matches, but as yet have been unable to wrest the belts from Gary Hart's men. Tanaka certainly didn't look keen to lock up with Big Jos Leduc, but still did what he could to wear down the powerful Quebecois. He did score some effective kicks and shots, but got in too close , and Leduc grabbed him and proceeded to toss him like a ragdoll. When he locked him into a crushing bearhug, Tanaka swiftly gave up the match. Another impressive victory, but Tabarnak De Team are hungering for that big title victory.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have been dominating both the talk and the action here in PCW … the Knights Templar!

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGary Young – Online World of WrestlingLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn BellChris Candido - IMDbWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn BellJohn Tatum – Online World of Wrestling

The crowd boos as Mr. Bob Backlund, Gary Young, Al Snow, Chris Candido , Jack Victory and John Tatum head out to the ring. They all have stern scowls matching  the facial expression of their leader Mr. Bob Backlund, except for John Tatum, who is laughing and cutting up on the way to the ring, getting a smirk out of Jack Victory.

Bonnema : John Tatum, I was surprised to see you return to the Pacific Coast, but I was full on shocked to see you join up with the Knights Templar. I would figure to be the last person who would be a part of this, uhhh, movement. What gives?

Tatum : Well, Frankie boy, I am just a surprised as you are, but here we are! I had conquered everywhere else in wrestling, but I wanted to come back here and show everyone what they had been missing. My good friend Jack here told me what a great opportunity, uhh, for personal growth it would be to accept the teachings of Mr. Bob here. So hey, I'm game! *cue an annoyed look from Mr. Bob Backlund*

Bonnema : Well, I can't argue with the results. The Knights Templar have scored some truly impressive victories. And now I find out that you, Bob Backlund … *evil glare from Backlund* errr, Mr. Bob Backlund,  will be challenging Barry Windham tomorrow night for the Pacific Heavyweight Title!

Backlund : That's right, Bonnema. I wear this (pointing at the California Title Belt) to serve as an example to the poor and ignorant citizens of the state of California and let them know that there is a better way of life available to them. But I need the biggest possible platform to spread my word. The platform that comes with the Heavyweight Title. The Knights Templar will have all of the titles in PCW! The Submission Title will be ours. Gary here can easily take the Television Title (Young nods). The Bomb Squad will have their pick of the Pacific or Golden State Tag Team Titles.

Tatum : *interjecting* And Jacko and I will take whichever set of titles is left! HAW HAW!!!!

Backlund : *fixing Tatum with a death stare* You will do what I tell you to do! We will remake the Pacific Coast in my image … our image … the image of the Knights Templar!

Masanobu Fuchi vs. Robbie Brookside

AJPW: Masanobu Fuchi Commemorative Meetings Announced | SuperfightsThe Two Sheds Review - Pro Wrestling, MMA, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Blogs and More!: Robbie  Brookside's Video Diaries - Retro Review

With the flagging fortunes of British Steel, Robbie Brookside and Steven Regal have been trying their hand at singles match, albeit without much success. Brookside was hoping a victory over the experience Japanese wrestler Fuchi might put him line for a Light Heavyweight Title Match against his compatriot Black Tiger. He gave it his best shot, but the veteran instincts of Fuchi turned out to be too much to overcome. Fuchi executed a crucifix that held Brookside's shoulders to the mat, and that was that. It seems like whether it is in singles or tag matches, British Steel just can't catch a break.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests have been the target of several of the factions in PCW … the Brigade!

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social EncyclopediaNEW PHOTO ESSAY - CURT HENNIG (PART 1)image.png.7ecf37a8aaecb87994e5ba394406a6a2.pngKonnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, Luchador

The crowd cheers as Barry Windham, Curt Hennig, Ron Simmons and Konnan make their way to the ring, but the Brigade seem distracted. Konnan in particular seemed especially agitated. Barry Windham's shoulder is taped up following his match the previous week with Maxx Payne.

Bonnema : Barry Windham, Maxx Payne sure did a number on your shoulder last week. You've got to be concerned going into your match tomorrow with Bob, err, Mr. Bob Backlund.

Windham : Well, it's certainly something to worry about. But I am not one to back out of a challenge, and Bob Backlund is about to find out that even with a bum shoulder, I am not about to give up my Heavyweight Title. But there's something else we need to talk about. Konnan … clearly something is on your mind. Whatever it is, we're here for you, friend. Care to share?

Konnan : Barry , I've been letting you guys down. Everybody else in the Brigade has been successful but me. I lost to Nick Bockwinkel. I lost to Lord Humongous. I can't get it done , and feel like I don't deserve my place in the Brigade.

Simmons : Now you just stop that right now. We've all had losses and we've all felt our confidence slip before. (Windham and Hennig both nod in agreement) Last year, I lost to Stan Hansen, and I thought that I would never be able to come back from that. But I pulled myself together and got a rematch, and I beat Hansen. You may have lost your confidence in yourself, but we still have confidence in you. You have unlimited potential, and you are a valued member of the Brigade.

Konnan : I appreciate that, Ron, but I still feel I need to prove myself. And I am going to do it. If it's the last thing I do … I am going to rid PCW of Lord Humongous!

Leo Burke, Cactus Jack & Art Barr vs. "Mean" Mike Miller, Bob Orton & Sabu

Leo Burke - IMDbMick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingMean" Mike Miller wants Grappler's PNW Title!! - YouTubeimage.png.4b7045972cb461f8b76ab620451cbddf.pngsabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

Lately, Cactus Jack and Art Barr have been showing increasingly wild behaviour in their matches, and the other members of the Army have been finding it difficult to keep them in line. But in this match, Percy Pringle's prediction that Sabu would bring the crazy to the Crazy Gang looked like it was coming a bit too true for his liking. No matter what orders Pringle gave from ringside, Sabu kept charging into the match, fists flying and looking to mix it up. Miller and Orton found themselves quite frustrated trying to keep their young partner heading in one direction, and Sabu ended up getting counted out while slugging it out with Cactus and Barr at ringside, completely ignoring that Leo Burke was the legal man in the ring.  Pringle, Miller and Orton all chastised Sabu as they returned to the locker room.

Owen Hart vs. Mando Guerrero

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartMando Guerrero – Online World of Wrestling

We haven't seem much of Owen Hart since he lost the California Title to Mr. Bob Backlund at Vegas Vengeance. He had been tending to his injured shoulder, and while he had healed up in his time away, it still presented a tempting target to Mando Guerrero. Mando spent much of the time trying to get Owen set up for the Gory Special, and Owen did a fair amount of scrambling to avoid Mando's clutches. Owen was able to outlast Mando by catching him in a gutwrench suplex and following up with a Moonsault to get the pinfall. It looks like Owen is back and it is only a matter of time before he reaches the next level of the PCW rankings.

Steven Regal vs. Curtis Hughes

Columns - Online World of WrestlingCurtis Hughes – Online World of Wrestling

While both members of British Steel have been having a hard time of late, but Steven Regal has been the most frustrated with their decline. This has shown itself in an increased willingness to push the boundaries of the rules and resort to cheap shots. He was particularly hot headed in his match with Curtis Hughes, refusing to be intimidated in spite of the Big Cat's dominance in his past matches. Regal put in a game effort, but the power and anger of Hughes was tough to overcome. Regal wound up going to the outside, grabbing a chair from ringside and bringing it into the ring, but the ref immediately called for the DQ before he had a chance to use it. Hughes was still daring Regal to come at him, but Ronnie P. Gossett, not wanting to risk his prize prospect being injured, persuaded him to return to the locker room with him. Robbie Brookside came out and did his best to try to calm his partner down, but Regal was still boiling mad as he left the ring.

Big Joe squeezes a win out of Tanaka.

Mr Bob Backlund may have had a Freudian slip courtesy of new problem child Tatum.

Fuchi takes advantage of British Steel's slump to score a win over Brookside.

Konnan sets out to prove himself by slaying the giant of the Crazy Gang.

Speaking of whom, Sabu may be too Crazy even for them!

Owen returns from hiatus with a win.

Regal's had just about all he's gonna take. Credit to Hughes for nit backing up from a guy with a chair.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Cow Palace , San Francisco,  on Pacific Super Cards, April 16th

Ron Simmons & Dingo Warrior vs. Mr. Hito & Masanobu Fuchi

Simmons and Warrior overpowered the Japanese duo, hitting a mammoth double running shoulder tackle for the win

Billy Jack Haynes, Texas Red & Brian Pillman vs. Jack Victory, John Tatum & Gary Young

This was a heated bout that ended when Pillman dodged out of the way of a Superkick from Tatum that hit Young instead. Pillman rolled up Young in a Sunset Flip for the victory. There were heated words between Young and Tatum after the match, but Victory managed to get things calmed down

Fit Finlay & Ron Garvin vs. Buddy Rose & Cannonball Grizzly

When Garvin had Rose trapped in the corner for a series of punches, Grizzly charged in with an Avalanche that crushed them broth. Rose then fell on top of Garvin and scored the pinfall. Rose was woozy after the finish but still celebrated the win.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Eddie Guerrero

Eddie gave the masked man a hell of a challenge before finally going down to the Black Tiger Driver

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. The Hart Foundation

Another classic tag team battle between these two teams that ended when Neidhart had Lane in a bearhug, but Eaton came off the top rope with an elbow smash onto the Anvil's still damaged shoulder to give the match to the Midnight Express

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Bob Backlund

Windham was another wrestler coming in with a bandaged shoulder, which certainly presented a tempting target for the California Champion. Backlund went after it every chance he got, looking to set Windham up for the dreaded Crossface Chicken Wing. Barry fought with determination , using his long limbs for punches and kicks to keep Backlund at a distance as much as he could. The Pacific Champ wrestled the smartest match of his reign , keeping within quick reach of the ropes any time Backlund went for a submission hold and taking time out of the ring to recuperate any time he needed to gather his strength. That said, Backlund is a very difficult man to outlast , and whenever Windham got back in the ring, the leader of the Knights Templar was waiting and ready to pounce. Deep in the match, Backlund nearly got the Chicken Wing cinched in, but Windham was able to get his legs on the ropes to break it up. When he got to his feet, Windham was able to hit a lariat with his good arm that knocked Backlund to the mat. It was at that point that the bell rang, signaling a one hour time limit draw. Windham had survived the toughest test of his title reign, but it had clearly taken a lot out of him.

Simmons & Dingo may be the ultimate powerhouse duo! As Hito & Fuchi find out the hard way.

Jacko's already having to play peacemaker between his buddies Tatum & the rest of the Knights.

The image of Rose trying to preen after the win he got by getting squished by his own partner tickles me.

Black Tiger retains against a man who may end up taking his place one day.

Niedhart's bum shoulder cost the Foundation the tag titles. Glad to see the MXE rebound after the Crockett Cup though.

Windham is seemingly seconds away from victory over Mr Bob Backlund when time runs out. I'm all in for a rematch.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Selland Arena, Fresno, April 17th

Art Barr vs. Sabu

Following up from their earlier six man tag match, two of the wildest wrestlers in PCW faced off in a fast paced match that ended when Barr dodged a spinning back heel kick from Sabu, then hit the Frog Splash for the victory

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

British Steel's ill fortune continued as Brookside went down to a piledriver from Candido

John Tenta vs. Bob Orton

Tenta crushed Orton with the Big Quake

Dan Severn & Jeff Jarrett vs. Jack Victory & John Tatum

Mr. Bob Backlund ambushed Jarrett from behind, setting him up for a Victory-Plex by Jack Victory that gave the win to the Knights Templar

Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

Douglas pinned Chavo following a belly to belly suplex

Pierre Carl Ouellet vs. One Man Gang

Ouellet gave Gang quite a battle, but the Big 747 ultimately defeated him with a front layout suplex

Curt Hennig & Konnan vs. Maxx Payne & Lord Humongous

A ferocious bout that ended when Hennig caught Humongous by surprise with a dropkick into a Schoolboy Trip from Konnan that just barely held his shoulders to the mat for the three count. After the match, a furious Humongous ambushed Konnan and battered him with several brutal hockey mask assisted headbuts before Hennig was able to fight him off.

Pacific Television Title Match : Big Bubba Rogers © vs. US Steel

A titanic battle between two big men, where nothing Rogers did to US Steel seemed to be able to hold him off for long. Rogers finally was able to hit a splash from the second turnbuckle to put an end to Steel's challenge.

Barr vs Sabu sounds like the kind of sugar-rush opener that fans today would love.

The Bomb Squad blasts through British Steel.

Tenta crushes The Ace.

Backlund aides his boys against the Odd Couple.

Black Gold gets a solid win over Los Guerreros

OMG outfights PCO.

Konnan gets a win in his war against Humongous but pays for it.

The main event features two big, beefy boys doing big, beefy boy things. You can't not love it.

LeDuc is too much for Tanaka but can TDT take the straps? 

LOL, I'm not sure Tatum knows what he's in for. Backlund and Tatum interactions are going to be hilarious. 

Brookside tries to turn his luck around but Fuchi shoots that down.

Konan wants to prove himself by taking Humongous out. That's a huge task. 

Pringle and the Crazy Gang are going to have to find a way to control Sabu.

Owen gets back on the winning track.

Regal is ready to explode! 

Oakland,

Damn, nobody is going to get up from a Simmons/Warrior double shoulder tackle.

Looks like Tatum is already on thin ice.

Rose is sacrificed but is happy with the win. Loved that creative finish. 

Black Tiger is becoming quite the attraction in the LHW class. 

Midnight's vs. Harts is worth the price of admission alone. 

How do you follow a tag team classic? By booking Windham and Backlund to go an hour. AWESOME! 

Fresno,

Barr wins the battle of the wild men. 

The Bomb Squad continues the woes of British Steel. 

Orton is flattened by the Quake! 

Backlund helps his Knights get a big win. I hope Tatum realizes what Backlund brings. 

Black Gold stays hot by beating the always game Guerreros.

Pierre puts up a fight but OMG is to devastating right now.

Konan scores the pin but Humungous reminds him what he's capable of.

Bubba finally puts down the challenge of US Steel. Bubba's TV title reign has been a Pacific highlight. 

Another hot week! 

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, April 22nd

Lord Humongous vs. Jim Neidhart

Page 2 - 10 wrestlers who secretly hated their gimmicksJim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Lord Humongous has been enraged ever since taking the pinfall to Konan in a tag match last week. The man in the hockey mask was looking to take out his anger on the first victim to cross his path, and Jim Neidhart was unfortunate enough to end up in his crosshairs. The Anvil has struggled ever since injuring his shoulder in a match with Buddy Rose, but still put up a fight, throwing hard forearms left and right to try to hold off the Ayatollah Of Rock & Rollah. It was all for naught, as Humongous closed in and grabbed Neidhart by the throat, lifting him up and driving him to the mat with a mighty chokeslam.  But that was not enough for Humongous , as he grabbed Neidhart and dragged him up from the mat and power bombed him, putting his foot on Anvil's chest as he pinned him. Konnan has best be ready for anything when they square off again.

Billy Jack Haynes vs. John Tatum

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterJohn Tatum – Online World of Wrestling

Billy Jack has been gunning for Jack Victory ever since Aloha Spectacular, but tonight he would have to content himself with facing off against his Knights Templar cohort John Tatum. Billy Jack certainly had anger to spare for Tatum, who attacked him at Vegas Vengeance. Tatum had both Jack Victory and Mr. Bob Backlund in his corner, but while Victory loudly cheered on his old friend, Backlund silently fixed him with a stony stare throughout. Tatum threw everything he could at Haynes, but nothing he did seemed to make a dent in the Oregon powerhouse, and when Haynes trapped him in the Full Nelson, Tatum quickly tapped out. Victory helped Tatum to the back, but unlike his treatment of other members of the Knights Templar, Backlund had no advice or comfort for Tatum.

Cactus Jack vs. Ed Gantner

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIEd Gantner - OWW

The Wild Bull didn't seem to really know what to make of the cackling daredevil of the Army, but loomed over him before the match, trying to intimidate him. Cactus was having none of it, laughing right in the face of Gantner. With his red faced manager Ronnie P. Gossett bellowing orders from ringside, Ed unleashed his considerable power offense on Cactus. But Cactus just kept bouncing back, fighting like a wildcat every chance he got. Gantner finally landed the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face), putting Cactus down for good. After the pinfall, Gossett looked like he wanted to come in and put the boots to the felled Cactus, but Gantner motioned him back by putting his hand on his chest, then helped Cactus to his feet and shook his hand. If nothing else, it looks like Cactus has gained the respect of the Wild Bull.

Steve Blackman vs. Stan Lane

Gallery - Online World of WrestlingThe Community Treasure Fake Stan Lane (@fakestanlane) / Twitter

With Black Gold hot on the heels of the Pacific Tag Team Titles, Blackman is squaring off against one half of the Midnight Express. This wound up becoming a martial arts duel between the Ultimate Weapon and the man with Educated Feet. Both men battled with takedowns and precision kicks, and the fans were at the edge of their seats throughout. It looked like Lane had it all wrapped up when he had Blackman lined up for a savate kick. But Blackman caught his kick and countered with a legsweep, then swiftly applied a Half Crab submission. With his manager Jim Cornette reduced to gibbering apoplexy at ringside, Lane struggled to escape, but ultimately tapped out. Blackman immediately released the hold, standing triumphant in the ring. This was an important victory, and you know that Black Gold will come at the Midnight Express with even more determination now.

California Title Match : Bob Backlund © vs. Jeff Jarrett

Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it.

Jeff Jarrett has been a raspberry seed in the collective gumline of the Knights Templar, causing them no end of frustration. Lately, Mr. Bob Backlund has gotten directly involved, being driven to put his California Title on the line against the second generation superstar. Backlund had all of the members of the Knights at ringside to observe his title defense. Once the match got underway, Jeff continued to frustrate Backlund, connecting with rapid fire dropkicks but stymying any attempt by Backlund to grapple with him. Backlund was still able to get some jarring throws and slams in on Jarrett, but the challenger kept scrambling out of the way to keep out of range of any submission holds. Jarrett ended up getting a bit overconfident after he leapfrogged Backlund, failing to follow up and leaving Backlund the opening to hit a devastating atomic drop. Backlund quickly followed up with a belly to back suplex and then grabbed his arm and wrenched hard on it.  He put Jarrett through an excruciating series of armbars before trapping him in the Cross Face Chicken Wing. Jarrett held out for as long as he could, but ultimately had to give up the match. However, that was not enough for Backlund, who refused to release the hold, trying to inflict as much damage as he could after the match. Dan Severn ran out to try to save his partner , but the rest of the Knights Templar blocked his way. Billy Jack Haynes, Texas Red and Black Gold rushed out to assist him, breaking through the ranks of the Knights to allow Severn to get through and pull Backlund off Jarrett. Jarrett was in an incredible amount of pain as Severn helped him to the back, and Backlund and his men were gloating in the ring as the show ended.

No wounded man can stand before the Lord Humongous.

Haynes runs through Tatum leaving Victory upset & Mr Bob Backlund....indifferent.

Ed Ganter certainly strikes me as the kinda guy who'd appreciate Cactus' style.

Blackman taps Lane which certainly puts Black Gold in the champs heads.

Mr Backlund finally takes out his frustration on double j. Nice visual with the heel group standing tall at the end.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, April 23rd

Vic Steamboat vs. Curtis Hughes

In spite of a game effort from Steamboat , Hughes pinned him after the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee)

Brian Pillman vs. Bob Orton

In a highly competitive battle, Pillman beat the Ace of the Crazy Gang with the Air Pillman.

Tony St. Clair & British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. Jack Victory & The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

St. Clair did his best to get his young colleagues on the same page, but British Steel just couldn't seem to get it together, leading to Victory pinning Regal following the Victory-Plex

Ron Garvin vs. Buddy Rose

Rose pulled out a set of brass knucks and tried to slug Garvin, but Garvin ducked the punch and pulled Rose into an inside cradle for the pinfall

Ron Simmons vs. Nick Bockwinkel

Bockwinkel was all silky confidence as he came to the ring, but the look that Simmons gave him before the match showed he was not at all intimidated by the former World champion. Bockwinkel had scored his first win in his campaign to beat all of the members of the Brigade, working his way up to Pacific Heavyweight Champ Barry Windham, by taking advantage of Konnan who had been badly hurt in a previous match. Ron Simmons would prove to be a much tougher nut to crack. Bockwinkel tried to use his considerable skills to lure Simmons into wearing himself out. But Simmons was not to be fooled that way, keeping close with Bockwinkel and not giving him a chance to recuperate. The match went long, with Bockwinkel doing everything he could to find some sort of weakness in Simmons, and the former All American keeping the pressure on Bockwinkel. In the end, Bockwinkel dug deep into his bag of tricks and ducked under a forearm smash in the corner and catching Simmons in a roll up, putting both of his feet on the ropes for leverage. A dirty win, but a win nonetheless for Bockwinkel.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Paul Diamond

Another exciting Light Heavyweight Title match, where Tiger countered a reverse flying cross body press by Diamond with a rollover to successfully defend his title.

Barry Windham & Curt Hennig vs. Bob Backlund & Gary Young

Speaking of the champ, Barry Windham has been taking a lot of damage lately, while still maintaining his hold on the title. He went to a full hour last week with California Champion Mr. Bob Backlund, and Backlund and his top lieutenant Gary Young were out for blood this week. Windham and Hennig did their best to hold off the Knights Templar in a long and intense match, but Backlund was able to pin Windham with the Backlund Bridge to pull off a considerable upset.

The Big Cat catches himself another mouse.

Orton's in a bit of a slump.

British Steel infighting costs them & St Clair against the Knights Templar.

Rose tries to K.O Garvin but it backfires.

Bock has to get dirty to get past Simmons.

Another successful title defense for Black Tiger. His reign is really becoming a PCW highlight.

Mr Bob Backlund scores his biggest win in PCW yet as he pins the heavyweight champion!

Heading to the West Coast... I wish Bob Orton's luck would change. Brian Pillman is fighting his way back though which I am all about. Regal and Brookside reminds me of this AEW group that Regal has put together. Sometimes things are too good to be true. Bock and Ron... such a fun little mix of styles. The fact that Bock has to cheat really makes this a good outing for Simmons.

Backlund with a win... he now has the momentum... can he turn the final corner and get the gold? I think Mr. Backlund has what it takes!

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, April 24th

Fit Finlay vs. Cannonball Grizzly

This was a battle of the size and power of Grizzly and the toughness and ferocity of Finlay. While Grizzly inflicted a lot of punishment on Finlay, the Belfast Bruiser was able to wear him down enough to hit a running kneedrop for the win

Leo Burke vs. Sabu

The Wild Man from Bombay hit a flying legdrop on the General of the Army, giving Sabu possibly his biggest victory yet

US Steel vs. Rick Gantner

Bouncing back from his loss last week to Big Bubba Rogers, US Steel pulled off the impressive power move of hitting the Steel Driver (front slam) on big Rick Gantner for the win

Owen & Bret Hart vs. Chavo & Hector Guerrero

With Jim Neidhart taking a bit of time to tend to his injured shoulder, Bret teamed with his younger brother Owen to take on the Guerrero Brothers. The result was a tag team classic where both sets of brothers thrilled the fans and went to a 30 minute time limit draw. Both teams shook hands in respect after the match, getting an ovation from the fans.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Badd Company © vs. Cactus Jack & Art Barr

The unconventional duo from the Army gave a considerable challenge to the Golden State champs, getting many near falls before Diamond was finally able to catch Barr in a Sunset Flip to pull out the win. Cactus and Barr might not have taken the titles, but they had certainly gotten a lot of respect for their efforts.

Texas Red & The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. Big Bubba Rogers & The Midnight Express

In a particularly hard fought battle, Texas Red was able to hold off Big Bubba to allow Adams to hit the spinning backbreaker on Eaton and get a big win for Texas and the Rainbow Warriors