Pro Wrestling Only

Pacific Coast Wrestling

rainmakerrtv

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Olympic Auditorium , Los Angeles , on ESPN / TSN, May 20th

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Chris Candido

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterChris Candido - IMDb

Ever since his return to PCW with Sunshine by his side, Billy Jack Haynes has been a force to be reckoned with. But he still bears a grudge from losing his return match with Jack Victory. Any time he has had him in his sights, the big New Jersey native has slipped out of his grasp. Even when he has gotten wins, it has usually been over Victory's partner John Tatum. Billy Jack was looking to take out his frustrations on the first member of the Knights Templar to step in the ring with him, and it was Chris Candido who drew the short straw. The former Light Heavyweight Champ tried his best, but Billy Jack just plain overwhelmed him, pinning him after a shoulder breaker. If I were Jack Victory, I would be actively concerned.

Cactus Jack & Art Barr vs. John Tatum & Jack Victory

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIArt Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn BellJohn Tatum – Online World of Wrestling

Speaking of Victory and Tatum, they certainly had a struggle on their hands with the young wild things of the Army, Cactus and Barr. In spite of the efforts of the other members of the Army to put some space between the two, they kept teaming together and encouraging each other's reckless sides. Both teams fought like wildcats, with Cactus knocking Tatum out of the ring with the Cactus Clothesline. This left Barr in the ring with Victory, and they had a crazed showdown until the Victory-Plex gave the match to the Knights Templar. In spite of the loss, Cactus had a maniacal grin on his face as he helped his partner from the ring, and even in his dazed condition, Barr had a similar grin that would give chills.

Interview : Frank Bonnema stands in the ring

Bonnema : Ladies and gentlemen, my next guests are always figures of controversy in Pacific Coast Wrestling … Jim Cornette and the Midnight Express!

The crowd explodes in boos, which only provokes laughter in Cornette and the Midnights as they head to the ring. Big Bubba Rogers doesn't so much as crack a smile as he follows them out.

Midnight Express – WRESTLING HISTORY

Bonnema : Well, Jim Cornette, you certainly seem to be in an especially jovial mood.

Cornette : Let me tell you, Freewheelin' Frank, I have plenty of reasons to have a smile on my face. It's clear sailing for my men. The Midnight Express are Pacific Tag Team champs, my main man Big Bubba is the TV champ, and no one is even close to taking that away from us! We are the uncontested kings of the hill!

Bonnema : But you have to be at least somewhat concerned about Seattle Showdown coming up in a week. The Midnight Express will have to defend against Black Gold, and Big Bubba Rogers will have to put his title on the line against Tony St. Clair.

Cornette : I don't see any cause for concern at all. We have beaten Fool's Gold with ease and Seattle Showdown will be no different. And Tony St. Clair has had his chance at Big Bubba and has proved that he just can't get the job done.

Bonnema : But what about the fact that the TV title will be held inside a steel cage?

At this news, Cornette explodes, and for the first time , Big Bubba has a look of consternation on his face.

Cornette : WHAT? WHAT? That's not fair! This is an outrage! I am going to get my mother's lawyers right now and put a stop to this … this … this fiasco! Come along, men!

And with that, Cornette and his men storm out of the ring.

Leo Burke & US Steel vs. The Wild Bulls (Ed & Rick Gantner)

Leo Burke - IMDb Making Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn BellEd Gantner - OWWBULL PAIN Rick Gantner Badass Biker Thug Classic Pro Wrestling Heel -  YouTube

These two teams have faced off before, in both tag action and singles matches, and there has been a growing sense of bad blood between the Army and Ronnie P. Gossett's team. This led to a battle between four bruisers that came close to completely breaking down on a number of occasions before Ed hit the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face) on Burke. A hard fought victory, but one that left its mark on the competitors.

Robbie Brookside vs. Lord Humongous

The Two Sheds Review - Pro Wrestling, MMA, Sci-Fi/Fantasy, Blogs and More!: Robbie  Brookside's Video Diaries - Retro ReviewPage 2 - 10 wrestlers who secretly hated their gimmicks

Hoo , boy. Lord Humongous was in no mood to trifle as he stormed the ring and levelled Brookside with a clothesline. He then battered him with hockey mask headbutts before planting him to the mat with a chokeslam. Even then , he wasn't finished, hauling brookside to his feet and then executing a Power Bomb to get the pinfall. Not satisfied with that, he landed several running legdrops on the unconscious Brookside until the ref threatened him with suspension. A tough break for Brookside, but I think that Konnan will be a much tougher nut for Humongous to crack.

Barry Windham & Curt Hennig vs. Bob Backlund & Gary Young

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia NEW PHOTO ESSAY - CURT HENNIG (PART 1)Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV TropesGary Young – Online World of Wrestling

Backlund has had some epic matches with Windham of late, but for some reason in this match he and his top lieutenant focused most of their attention on Hennig. They relentlessly worked over Curt and did all they could to keep him from tagging in Windham. Young was very close to hitting the DDT on Hennig, but Hennig blocked it, then countered with the Cradle Suplex for the pinfall. Young was quite upset after the match, but Backlund was seen whispering in his ear as they returned to the locker room.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haynes runs through Candido on his way to Victory.

Jacko & Tatum overcome the madness of Barr & Cactus.

Corny having a meltdown always makes good television.

The Wild Bulls outfight the Army's heavy hitters.

Humongous uses Brookside to send a painful message to Konnan.

Mr Backlund & co target Heenig. Perhaps trying to do Mr Bockwinkel a solid?

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the LA Sports Arena, Los Angeles, on ESPN / TSN Pacific Super Cards, May 21st

Art Barr vs. Sabu

A ferocious battle between two young light heavyweights that ended when Barr hit the Frog Splash for the win

Steven Regal vs. Eddie Guerrero

Regal has been increasingly frayed with the current losing streak of British Steel and was looking to take his frustrations out on his opponent. But Eddie Guerrero is nobody's punching bag and threw down just as hard against the young Englishman. The result was a fierce and chaotic battle that wound up being declared a no contest by the ref when the two would not stop brawling.

Ron Garvin vs. Buddy Rose

The Playboy was just barely able to duck the Hands Of Stone Punch, and countered with a roll up assisted by a fistful of trunks to score the pinfall

Ron Simmons & Dingo Warrior vs. Chavo & Mando Guerrero

A classic duel of power vs skill, the Guerreros running Simmons and Dingo ragged but the two powerhouses making every shot they landed count with devastating effect. Simmons was finally able to catch Chavo in the Spinebuster Slam, getting an incredibly hard fought win

Curt Hennig vs. Nick Bockwinkel

This would be the second go round for these two, with Hennig drawing a line in the sand and doing everything he could to keep Bockwinkel for getting a shot against his good friend Barry Windham. Bockwinkel threw everything he had at Hennig, but the young Minnesotan refused to go down. The match took a turn when Hennig went for the Ax Lariat, only for Bock to duck and Hennig hit the ref instead. With the ref down, Bockwinkel made the desperation move of tossing Hennig out of the ring. That's when things got truly strange. As Hennig started to get to his feet, Gary Young of all people snuck down to ringside and ambushed him, driving him head first into the ringsteps then hitting a brutal DDT onto the concrete. He then threw the unconscious Hennig into the ring and ran back to the locker room. For the first time since his arrival in PCW, Bockwinkel seemed caught off guard, but ultimately decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth. He rolled up Hennig in a double leg cradle and the ref came to his senses and made the three count. Regardless of how it came about, Bockwinkel was going to face Barry Windham at Seattle Showdown for the Pacific Heavyweight Title.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams)

Another epic battle between these two teams that went to the champs when they hit the Double Goozle on Steamboat.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Chain Match : Barry Windham © vs. One Man Gang

A brutal, bloody battle with both men getting busted open. After taking an hellacious pounding, Windham wrapped the chain around Gang's head and hit a running bulldog headlock to finally put the big man down. Windham had defended his title, but at what cost?

Pacific Coast Wrestling Show from the UCSB Event Center, Santa Barbara, May 22nd

Cactus Jack vs. Eddie Guerrero

Eddie has had a grueling weekend, first with a intense battle with Steven Regal yesterday, and now he has to face his rival Art Barr's best friend Cactus Jack. To his credit, Eddie gave the man from Truth Or Consequences a determined fight before going down to the side Russian Legsweep.

Brett & Owen Hart vs. John Tatum & Jack Victory

Both of these teams are really coming into their own of late, resulting in a tense and highly competitive bout that wound up going to a 20 minute time limit draw

Leo Burke vs. Curtis Hughes

The veteran Burke really took it to Ronnie P. Gossett's Big Cat, pushing him to the limit before Hughes was finally able to hit the Cat's Claw (modified side slam onto the knee) for the win

Billy Jack Haynes, Texas Red & Fit Finlay vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow) & Gary Young

Once again, Billy Jack, this time with his good friends teaming with him, did battle with the Knight's Templar, with both sides coming close to taking the match before Finlay was able to pin Snow after the Tombstone Piledriver

Tabarnak De Tam (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet) & John Tenta vs. Badd Company & Mr. Hito

Another exciting six man tag match, with TDT hitting the Clear Cut (Leduc put Tanaka over his knee while Ouellet came off the top with a flying elbow smash) to score a major victory for their team

California Title Match : Bob Backlund © vs. Brian Pillman

Backlund has faced some tough challenges in his time as California champ, but the former Cincinnati Bengal gave him is greatest test yet. Flyin' Brian ferociously fought his way out of any attempt to put him in the Cross Face Chicken Wing and laid into Backlund with blistering chops, along with his trademark high flying moves. Backlund kept his cool, but you could tell he was trying to figure out how to get the best of his young challenger. It wound up coming down to a battle of rollups, and Backlund came out on top with his namesake Backlund Bridge. After the match , Backlund held out his hand to Pillman. Pillman was wary before cautiously offering his own hand, but Backlund was offering a sincere show of respect and shook his hand before leaving the ring.

The full lineup for Seattle Showdown has now been released. Coming from the Kingdome, it will once again bee a 2 night spectacular.

Night One

Leo Burke vs. Rick Gantner

Ron Garvin & John Tenta vs. Ed Wiskowski & Cannonball Grizzly

Owen Hart vs. Chavo Guerrero

Falls Count Anywhere Match : Cactus Jack vs. Sabu

Dingo Warrior vs. Mr. Hito

Ron Simmons vs. Curtis Hughes

Billy Jack Haynes & Texas Red vs. John Tatum & Jack Victory

US Steel vs. Ed Gantner

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Badd Company (c) vs. Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

2/3 Falls Match : Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

Title Vs. Title, Submission Title vs. California Title Match : Dan Severn vs. Bob Backlund

Pacific Television Title Cage Match : Big Bubba Rogers (c) vs. Tony St. Clair

Night 2

Bret Hart vs. Hector Guerrero

Curt Hennig vs. The One Man Gang

Jeff Jarrett vs. Mando Guerrero

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. A Mystery Team

Brian Pillman vs. Gary Young

Jim Neidhart vs. Maxx Payne

Mask vs. Mask Match : Konnan vs. Lord Humongous

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger (c) vs. Masanobu Fuchi

Fit Finlay vs. Buddy Rose

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express (c) vs. Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham (c) vs. Nick Bockwinkel

First LA.

Barr wins a chaotic opener.

Regal & Eddie let their frustrations boil over.

Rose steals one from Garvin.

Simmons & Dingo get a signature win over Los Guerreros.

It seems Mr Backlund has decided to give Mr Bockwinkel some assistance so they might meet their mutual goal.

The MNE mount another successful defense.

Windham gets brutal to retain the gold.

On to Sante Barbara.

Cactus takes advantage of a worn down Eddie.

Mr Backlund's problem children take the Hart Brothers the distance.

Hughes wins a bruising battle with the General.

BJH & co knock the Knights off their horses.

Tenta teams with TDT to topple Hart's trio.

Pillman fails to capture the California title buts gets the nod from Mr Backlund.

While i would say night 2 pulls a bit ahead, both nights of Seattle Showdown promise plenty of thrilling action.

Sorry to have missed so much.  PCW seems to be as great as always.  Looking forward to Seattle Showdown!

I always enjoy when you do the promos with Frank B and the Cornette, MNE interview was no different.  

I am really glad Billy Jack is here... to me PCW is his home.  So many of us have had him and I know that I had trouble getting him to where he should be but you seem to know just what to do with him.  Great work.

Windham vs Bock.... CAN'T WAIT!!

Billy Jack gets one step closer to Victory.

Even in a losing effort, Jack and Barr keep their heat just by grinning. 

Cornette's riding high until he's informed of the upcoming TV title cage match LOL. Bubba's reign has been awesome but I'm pulling for St. Clair.

Damn, I really like the Wild Bulls. 

Well, give credit to Robbie for just stepping in there against Humungous. 

Hennig gets the fall but I don't think Young is done with him. 

LA,

If you want to get the fans warmed up, book Barr vs. Sabu in the opener.

Regal and Eddie have had some built up frustration and take it out on each other.

Rose wins a battle against Garvin. I'm enjoying this feud. Their styles just mesh well.

Simmons and Dingo might be hunting for some tag gold soon. 

WOW! Young gives Bock the gift of a lifetime by doing a serious number on Hennig. Bock gets his shot! 

Midnight's are on fire. 

I couldn't wait for the blow off and man it delivered. Windham finally puts OMG down at his own game. I wonder how much Windham has left as Bock awaits. 

UCSB,

Eddie's previous matches take a toll. Big win for Jack

Hart's vs. Tatum and Victory is a damn good match up. 

Big Cat's finisher is really getting over.

Wild 6 man tag and I'm sure Billy Jack was smiling. 

Followed by another wild 6 man tag. TDT probably earned another title shot after that win. 

Backlund defeats a game Pillman. Backlund shows Pillman the ultimate respect with a handshake. 

Good Grief! Seattle Showdown is stacked! I was inspired so much by your 2 night spectaculars, I had to do it for WrestleRock. 

Pacific Championship Wrestling Seattle Showdown from the Kingdome, Seattle, Night One

Leo Burke vs. Rick Gantner

Leo Burke - IMDbBULL PAIN Rick Gantner Badass Biker Thug Classic Pro Wrestling Heel -  YouTube

The Kingdome was jam packed with PCW fans who were all excited to see 2 great nights of wrestling action. The first night kicked off with the veteran Burke facing one half of the Wild Bulls. Burke and US Steel have had several scraps with the Bulls, and a fair amount of aggression has built up between them. Gantner was bigger and more powerful, landing some devastating blows. But the experience and resilience of Burke proved to be the deciding factor, as he was able to let the more hostile Gantner tire himself out and get him in position for the Sleeper Hold. Gantner found himself trapped in the middle of the ring and with no choice but to tap out. Just goes to show that you should never overlook a veteran wrestler.

Ron Garvin & John Tenta vs. Ed Wiskowski & Cannonball Grizzly

Ronnie Garvin, the Man with the Hands of Stone - SJ | Pro wrestling, Watch  wrestling, Wrestling superstars earthquake wwe cheap onlineProWresBlog: Mid-South Wrestling 12/3/1981 ReviewTalking Shop: Cannonball Grizzly/PN News (ex-WCW) |

Since his return to Pacific Coast Wrestling, Garvin has formed a fast friendship with Fit Finlay, as well as taken young John Tenta under his wing. The three of them have had many battles in their feud with the Playboy Club, with this match putting them across the ring from Buddy Rose's two top lieutenants. The two teams had a ferocious battle, with plenty of moves that looked like they might smash the very ring to pieces. Grizzly proved his value to the Club by sneaking into the ring and ambushing Garvin with an Avalanche in the corner. This left Garvin vulnerable a face first piledriver from Wiskowski, giving the match to the Playboy Club. That said, I don't think we have seen the last of this feud.

Owen Hart vs. Chavo Guerrero

20 Years Ago Today: The Life and Death of Owen HartWrestling's Chavo Guerrero Sr. was a true classic | Sports |  postandcourier.com

After losing the California Title to Bob Backlund, Owen Hart took some time off to tend to his injuries, and since his return, has focused mainly on tag matches with his older brother Bret. He was determined to show he was back and better than ever as he did battle with the firstborn of the Guerrero Brothers. Chavo was not to be taken lightly, and the two had a fast paced battle that thrilled the fans. The match looked like it could have gone either way, but Owen was able to go up top and hit the moonsault that gave him the victory. Owen is definitely back and on track.

Falls Count Anywhere Match : Cactus Jack vs. Sabu

Mick Foley – Movies, Bio and Lists on MUBIsabu wrestler,Free delivery,OFF66%,welcome to buy!

The wild thing of the Army and the craziest member of the Crazy Gang have had so many chaotic brawls that it seemed that the ring just could not contain them. As a result, this match was booked where the entire Seattle Kingdome would be the arena. These two battled up and down the aisles, into the stands, even into the concession area, throwing everything that was not nailed down at each other. With all that, the match came terrifyingly close to ending actually in the ring. The two were slugging it out on the ring apron when Cactus clotheslined Sabu down to the ringside floor. Cactus then came running off the apron with an elbow drop that looked like it would crack Sabu's sternum and did quite a number on Cactus himself. Still, Cactus still had enough presence of mind to make the cover and get the three count. Strangely, Cactus then helped Sabu back up to his feet before heading back to the locker room.

Dingo Warrior vs. Mr. Hito

Dingo Warrior aka Ultimate warrior wccw | Wwe legends, Wrestling  superstars, Professional wrestlingMr Hito - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Dingo's seemingly unchallenged momentum in PCW came to a screeching halt at Aloha Spectacular with a countout loss to Japanese veteran Mr. Hito. Since then, Dingo has gotten some wins over Hito in tag team matches, but until tonight had not gotten the singles match he craved. Hito was all icy poise as he and Gary Hart made their to the ring. Dingo, on the other hand, made his usual full speed charge to the ring before shaking the ring ropes from the ring apron. But then things took a different turn. Instead of charging straight at Hito the moment he got in the ring like he did in their first match, the Dingo Warrior gave him a hard stare and pointed at him. For the first time, Hito looked unnerved as Dingo slowly pace towards him. He went for a few kicks on Dingo when he got into range, but the face painted one shook them off like they were mosquito bites. The two locked up, and Dingo shoved Hito very hard into the corner. They locked up again with the same result. Hito went in again, only to be flattened by a clothesline by the Warrior. When Hito was able to get back to his feet, another clothesline sent him back down again. Warrior unleashed all of his pent up frustration on Hito by way of a series of devastating power moves. He then hoisted Hito high above his head in a Gorilla Press, then slammed him and hit the running splash to finally put the match to rest. The Dingo Warrior had erased the shadow of his earlier lost and showed that he has truly arrived as a force to be reckoned with.

Ron Simmons vs. Curtis Hughes

image.png.7ecf37a8aaecb87994e5ba394406a6a2.png Curtis Hughes – Online World of Wrestling

Speaking of forces to be reckoned with, both the competitors in this match more than filled that description. In the year and a half in PCW, Ron Simmons has faced some of the biggest and baddest wrestling has to offer, and come out standing tall. Meanwhile, Ronnie P. Gossett's big roughneck Curtis "The Cat" Hughes has bowled over everyone who has crossed his path, to the immense glee of his rotund manager. The two went at in this match full force, with neither man giving way for long. The action wound up spilling to the outside, with the two slugging it out as the ref counted them out to a draw. The question as to which of the two is the toughest will have to be tabled for the moment.

Billy Jack Haynes & Texas Red vs. John Tatum & Jack Victory

Billy Jack Haynes (@BJHWrestling) / TwitterMEAN MARK CALLOUS 8X10 PHOTO WRESTLING PICTURE WCW CLOSE UP THE UNDERTAKER  | eBayJohn Tatum – Online World of WrestlingWrestling With Sin: 294 | Ring the Damn Bell

Billy Jack Haynes has held a grudge against Jack Victory ever since the New Jersey native cheated his way into costing Haynes his return match to PCW. When Haynes finally got a rematch at Vegas Vengeance, he was once again deprived of a clear win by the interference of John Tatum. He came into this match locked in on getting his revenge against the pair of them. He was teamed up with his best friend, Texas Red, with his manager, Sunshine, by his side. For contrast, Tatum and Victory had neither their leader, Mr. Bob Backlund, nor any other members of the Knights Templar, having rubbed their fellow Knights the wrong way with their impious and irreverent attitudes. Billy Jack and Texas came out ready to go. But Tatum and Victory refused to be intimidated, fighting hard against their bigger opposition and synching up well as a team. The pair were able to escape a number of close calls, while getting a number of near falls of their own. It took considerable effort for Billy Jack to get Victory on his own and finally hit the shoulder breaker to score the pinfall. Billy Jack had finally gotten his decisive victory. After the match, both teams slapped palms and nodded in acknowledgement of a great match. They may not have the respect of the rest of the Knights Templar, but Tatum and Victory have earned the respect of Billy Jack Haynes, Texas Red, Sunshine, and the fans.

US Steel vs. Ed Gantner

Making Waves in the WWF: Tugboat Becomes Typhoon | Ring the Damn Bell Ed Gantner - OWW

This would be the other half of the Army/Wild Bulls duel, with the two big men of their teams squaring off in the ring. This was a battle of super heavyweights, with every shot and slam causing the ring to shake. This was a power wrestling showdown and it seemed like Steel just might make it when he tried to get Gantner up for the Steel Driver (front slam). But a wild swinging elbow from Gantner hit Steel in the face, causing Steel to drop the Wild Bull. Gantner then laid into Steel with several punches and kicks before hitting the Bull Hammer (running forearm smash to the face). That was enough to put Steel down for the three count and give the win to Gantner.

Golden State Tag Team Title Match : Badd Company © vs. Tabarnak De Team (Big Jos Leduc & Pierre Carl Ouellet)

piZap by Mary Isbell | Wrestling, Memphis, CompanyJos LeDuc - WWF | FacebookPCO Pierre Carl Ouellet vs Cm punk wwe world champion - Vidéo Dailymotion

These teams have had several matches, with TDT coming close but Badd Company managing to keep their titles just outside their grasp. TDT have put up a considerable challenge, with the energy of Ouellet being balanced by the experience of Leduc. Their toughness was matched in this bout by the speed and skill of Tanaka and Diamond. Gary Young's men had held onto the titles for quite some time, facing down many different challenges, and did everything they could to run TDT ragged. They tried to go for the kill when Tanaka had Ouellet in a waistlock to set him up for a superkick from Diamond. But Ouellet was able to reverse it and whip Tanaka into Diamond's kick. Ouellet then took down Diamond with a clothesline, and brought Leduc into the ring for the Clear Cut (Leduc put Diamond over his knee while Ouellet came off the top with a flying elbow smash). The ref counted one two three and Tabarnak De Team were the new Golden State Champs, to the cheers of the fans.

2/3 Falls Match : Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

Art Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

These two second generation wrestlers may be in the first year of their career, but they have had a feud that has set the whole west coast ablaze. They have had plentiful battles, both singles and tag matches, with both men taking victories at different times. It all came down to this match, a 2/3 falls match to settle it all. Eddie Guerrero was the first one to the ring, coming out without any of his brothers as a show of his determination to prove himself. Barr came out alone, but his entrance was much different. Barr stormed the ring and immediately charged at Guerrero and took him down with a clothesline. Quick as a flash, he grabbed Eddie and planted him to the mat with a tombstone piledriver before going for the cover. Just like that, Barr had gone one up in the match. He then started punching the downed Guerrero, but the ref ordered him back into the corner to give Eddie time to recover for the second fall. The moment the ref restarted the match, Barr went right after Eddie, but Guerrero was ready this time. Guerrero was able to bring considerable counter wrestling skills, taught to him by his father and brothers, to stymie and frustrate Barr. After a long and thrilling showdown, there was a battle of rollups where Eddie was able to trap Barr with a Victory Roll and get a three count. The match was all even, and Barr started to get more reckless, more desperate. He kept taking bigger and bigger chances, but it looked like it would all pay off when he thrust kicked Guerrero to the mat before going up top for his trademark Frog Splash. At the very last moment, Eddie rolled just out of the pay, causing Barr to land hard on mat. Eddie was able to pull himself to his feet, then bodyslammed Barr back to the mat before going up top. This time, Barr would not be able to escape and Eddie landed on him with his own Frog Splash. The ref counted three and that was it. Eddie Guerrero had prevailed in an epic battle of two rising superstars. After the match, Barr was furious and kicked and threw several ringside chairs before stalking off to the locker room.

Title Vs. Title, Submission Title vs. California Title Match : Dan Severn vs. Bob Backlund

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.com Bob Backlund (Wrestling) - TV Tropes

This would be one of the most heavily anticipated matches of the night. In a previous match, Backlund had so badly beaten Severn's friend and partner Jeff Jarrett that Jarrett has not been able to wrestle until his return at Seattle Showdown. This has so infuriated Severn that he would do anything to get his hands on Backlund, ultimately putting his own Submission Title on the line against Backlund's own California Title. Severn was staring daggers at Backlund as the introductions were made, then went straight after the former world champion. Backlund initially seemed overwhelmed by his younger opponent, with Severn landing several jarring takedowns and suplexes. Severn came close to cinching in several different submission holds, but Backlund was always able to escape. He even had Backlund in a Boston Crab, only Backlund was able to reach the ropes to break the hold. It was then that Backlund sprang his trap. So intent was Severn on forcing Backlund to submit, he had burned himself out early. Although he had been in a recent war with Barry Windham, Backlund still had plenty left in the tank, while Severn's needle was perilously close to E. Backlund was then able to stretch Severn in a series of excruciating arm takedowns and locks, a situation that the Beast was not used to being in. Smelling blood in the water, Backlund pounced, procuring the Cross Face Chicken Wing on Severn. Severn struggled mightily, but was in the middle of the ring and far from salvation. He had no choice but to tap out. The fans were aghast, as now Backlund was both California and Submission Title. Gary Young, Chris Candido and Al Snow all joined him in the ring as he held both belts over his head in triumph.

Pacific Television Title Cage Match : Big Bubba Rogers © vs. Tony St. Clair

Big Bubba Rogers ( Shown here with the UWF Title). He also portrayed this  particular character … | World championship wrestling, Wrestling  superstars, Pro wrestlingExclusive Tony St Clair Interview by Seconds Away-British Wrestling Podcast  then and now • A podcast on Anchor

Since he defeated Bam Bam Bigelow for the TV title last year, Big Bubba Rogers has held onto the belt with an iron grip. His manager, Jim Cornette, has been endlessly gloating about his main man's dominance, and his egotistical pride has thus far been justified. But "Tough" Tony St. Clair has looked increasingly like the personal kryptonite of the Louisville Slugger. Little by little, St. Clair has been chipping away at Big Bubba, getting a number of countout wins without taking the title. This brings us to the result of having this settled in a steel cage, where there would be no chance of a countout. This would play into St. Clair's hands, but at the same time, he would be penned in the cage with the titanic Rogers. Neither man held anything back, with both men ending up busted open against the unyielding walls of the cage. The pair had a ferocious war, and both men showed increasing wear and tear as the match wore on. It seemed like it would be another successful defense for Rogers when he whipped St. Clair into the ropes for the Big Bubba Slam. But St. Clair grabbed onto the cage as he went in, stopping his momentum. He then came roaring out of the blocks with the spinning forearm smash, knocking Rogers off his feet. One … two … THREE!!!! The crowd exploded in approval as Tony St. Clair had pulled off the seemingly impossible feat of unseating Big Bubba Rogers as TV champ. Jim Cornette was having a fit outside the cage, but the British Lion reigned supreme as Night One came to an end. On to Night Two!

The General leads by example by putting Ganter to sleep in the opener.

Cannonball comes through for the Playboy Club.

Owen wins a thriller over Chavo Classic.

Cactus & Sabu take it all over the arena before the wild thing claims victory for the army. That show of respect was interesting.

Dingo finally topples Hito.

Simmons & Hughes will need a rematch to decide who PCW's toughest man is.

Tatum & Victory go down in defeat but may be turning a new leaf.

Ed avenges his brother to even the score with the Army.

Badd Company drops the gold on what was a rough night for Gay Hart International. Congratulations to TDT.

Eddie finally claims a decisive win sending Barr over the deep end.

Mr Backlund becomes a double champion greatly strengthening the cause of the Knights Templar. Good timing as they seem to have lost a couple members.

And finally, St Clair out-slugs the Louisville Slugger in the cage to become the NEW PCW TV champion!

Bring on night 2!

Pacific Championship Wrestling Seattle Showdown from the Kingdome, Seattle, Night 2

Bret Hart vs. Hector Guerrero

Bret "The Hitman" Hart - An Evening with the WWE Wrestling Legend -  Tidemark TheatreHéctor Guerrero — The Movie Database (TMDB)

Night Two of Seattle Showdown kicked off with a battle of two storied second generation wrestlers. The two had squared off in a number of tag matches recently but they got the fans rocking and rolling with and exciting scientific match. Hector showed his usual flair in this match while Bret was all business, but the pair were evenly matched in skill, and it seemed like either could come out on top. Bret was trying to get Hector in his Sharpshooter finisher, the same hold that had already gotten him a win over Guerrero. But Hector had it spotted, and countered with a small package to score the pinfall. Bret was none to pleased at being outfoxed by Hector, but still slapped palms with him in a show of sportsmanship after a first class match.

Curt Hennig vs. The One Man Gang

NEW PHOTO ESSAY - CURT HENNIG (PART 1) Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: ""The Big 747":One Man Gang.1987  https://t.co/7kxkm8LycH" / Twitter

Both men were coming into this considerable banged up, Gang from a brutal Chain Match with Barry Windham and Hennig from being ambushed by Gary Young with a DDT on the concrete. While Gang had been busted open in his match, Hennig seemed even worse for wear , coming out in a collar to protect his damaged neck. It was like a red flag to a bull as Gang was merciless in attacking his neck. Hennig bravely struggled but it was too much for him. Gang blasted him with a huge clothesline, then hit the front layout suplex to put an end to the match. Just goes to show how dangerous it can be to mess with a tough as nails street fighter like the One Man Gang.

Jeff Jarrett vs. Mando Guerrero

GWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it.Mando Guerrero – Online World of Wrestling

Jeff Jarrett has been out of action since being injured by Bob Backlund, and was making his return against on of the Guerrero Brothers. Mando was certainly not about to go easy on Jarrett just because he was coming back from an injury, and was very aggressive with young Jeff. Jarrett was determined not to be overwhelmed, fighting back with tenacity and grit. No matter what Guerrero did to him, Jarrett kept coming back. Mando tried to take him down with a clothesline, but Jarrett was able to counter it with a crucifix that kept Mando's shoulders down for the one two three. An impressive comeback for Jarrett.

The Rainbow Warriors (Vic Steamboat & Brian Adams) vs. ?? ?? & ?? ??

Vic Steamboat - OWWBrian Adams (wrestler) - Wikipedia

The Rainbow Warriors were coming off a big series of challenges for the Midnight Express and their Pacific Tag Team Titles, and were just as keen as the fans to find out who their opponents would be. After their ring entrance, there was a pause, and the announcer introduced their mystery opponents … Joe and Dean Malenko, the Malenko Brothers!

Funk's Corner – The Funks vs. The Malenkos – Online World of Wrestling

The sons of the legendary Professor Boris Malenko had developed something of a reputation for their skills overseas, but until now had not much exposure in North America. Interestingly, they were both wearing black trunks with a golden lion emblem on the back. They got right down to work once the bell rang, and quickly proved that their reputation was no exaggeration. They dazzled the fans with their considerable expertise and mastery of weardown and submission holds, and the Rainbow Warriors certainly had their hands full. It was a rare misstep for the Malenkos when Dean attempted a running cross body on Adams, and the big man was able to draw on his considerable reserves of power to turn that around to hit the Spinning Backbreaker for the win. A hard fought win for the always popular Rainbow Warriors, but the Malenkos had made a big impression in their debut as a team to watch out for.

Brian Pillman vs. Gary Young

Anything Wrestling - 22 Years Later: October 5th, 1997 - WattpadGary Young – Online World of Wrestling

Gary Young had defeated Pillman at Vegas Vengeance, and ever since then , Flyin' Brian had been champing at the bit to get another shot at Bob Backlund's Favorite Like-A-Son. Since that match, Young has been making a name for himself as Backlund's chief enforcer, doing a lot of damage including his dastardly ambush of Curt Hennig. These two didn't even wait for the bell to ring, and the fists were flying throughout the match. Brian unleashed all of his pent up anger on Young, but Young was not about to go down easy. The result was an all out brawl that the ref was at a loss to contain. It seemed like Pillman's quest for vengeance would be denied when Young had him set up for his always deadly DDT. But Pillman blocked it and swiftly took Young down with a legsweep. By the time Young had gotten back to his feet, Flyin' Brian was coming off the ropes with the Air Pillman. Quick as a flash, Pillman went for the cover and got the one two three. Pillman had gotten his revenge in perhaps his biggest win yet.

Jim Neidhart vs. Maxx Payne

Jim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and HighlightsMaxx Payne

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart was another wrestler who was returning from injury after suffering a damaged shoulder in a past match. While he was on the shelf, his Hart Foundation partner Bret Hart had been teaming with his brother Owen as well as having singles matches. Neidhart would be making his own return in his own singles match against the always dangerous Maxx Payne of the Crazy Gang. Neidhart was clearly favoring his shoulder in this match, looking to keep it from being reinjured. This put him at a considerable disadvantage against the huge Payne, who zeroed in on that shoulder every chance he could. Ultimately, Payne was able to take Neidhart down with a side suplex and apply his Payne Killer armbar. Desperate to protect his shoulder, Neidhart almost immediately tapped out, so quickly that Payne released it right away out of surprise. While the announcer was calling the result, Neidhart ran out of the ring and back to the locker room, shame faced and clutching his shoulder. Both Payne and the fans seemed dumbfounded and unsure what to make of just what had transpired.

Mask vs. Mask Match : Konnan vs. Lord Humongous

Konnan in 2021 | Wrestling tattoos, Pro wrestling, LuchadorPage 2 - 10 wrestlers who secretly hated their gimmicks

This is a feud that has been brewing for a while but didn't take long to reach the boiling point. Such was the hatred between these two that it was inevitable that something had to give. It came down to both men placing something valuable on the line, in Konnan's case it was the mask that represented his heritage of Latino wrestling. For Lord Humongous , it would be the hockey mask that was both his most distinctive feature and most effective weapon. Humongous loomed over Konnan and had a significant power advantage over him. Humongous seemed to be sadistically torment Konnan, tearing at his mask and trying to pull it over his eyes. But the always scrappy Konnan dug deep and started to make his comeback. Little by little, he would chip away at the Ayatollah Of Rock And Rolla, eventually taking him off his feet with a dropkick to the legs. Konnan immediately sprang on his back and started working on the straps of the hockey mask. Humongous frantically tried to get him off, but Konnan came at it until he got the mask off. Humongous started to freak out, doing everything he could to cover his face, and Konnan took advantage by placing the hockey mask on his fist and using it to pound away at Humongous' head. He eventually got Humongous doubled over, so he dropped the hockey mask on the mat and hit the Cradle DDT on Humongous on top of it, cracking the mask in half. One … two … THREE! Konnan had prevailed and Lord Humongous would no more wear the hockey mask. The crowd cheered Konnan and he reveled in his greatest victory yet. After the match, Percy Pringle tried to talk to Humongous as he stalked away from the ring, but Humongous was not listening, and had a look of sheer vicious fury on his face. What would come next for the no longer masked man?

The Match #10: Psycho Sid Vs. Jinder Mahal In GNW '08 – Wrestling Recaps

British Steel (Steven Regal & Robbie Brookside) vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

The Golden Boys – in pictures: early years – Eire   Alba Chris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

These two teams have been on two different trajectories for the last long while. While the Bomb Squad had some success as part of the now dissolved Hollywood Knights, they have really caught fire as part of the Knights Templar. The mentorship of Mr. Bob Backlund has given them focus, and Candido and Snow have managed a number of big wins. British Steel, on the other hand, have experienced a drastic decline since losing the Pacific Tag Team titles to the Midnight Express. They went on to a series of heartbreaking losses, both tag matches and singles , and the relationship between Regal and Brookside has gotten increasingly strained. The two were barely looking at each other as they came out to the ring, but when the bell rang, they did their best to work together. The Bomb Squad did all they could to capitalize on the fracture, tagging in and out and taunting the Englishmen throughout the match. Regal eventually got to the point where he started working the match on his own, ignoring Brookside and getting more and more violent. Things got to the breaking point when the Bomb Squad were double teaming Regal. Candido went for a running crossbody on Regal, but Regal ducked and Candido hit the ref. Regal started unloading on Snow with lefts and rights, driving him to his knees. Determined to do as much damage as possible, Regal went and got a ringside chair and brought it in, clearly looking to do something horrific to Snow. But when he got back in the ring, he found Brookside had interposed himself between Regal and Snow. Brookside held out his arms, begging Regal not to do something he could never take back. Regal paused, as if realizing he was at a crossroads. He stared at Brookside for a long time …. then shook his head and dropped the chair. Brookside wrapped his arms around Regal, holding him. The fans cheered, glad that Regal had pulled himself back from the bring just in time. It was at this moment that Candido tried to capitalize on the distraction by sneaking up on the reconciled friends. Almost by instinct, Snow and Regal whirled around and hit him with a double boot to the midsection. They swiftly followed up with the Lawbreaker (double slingshot belly to back suplex) and covered him. The ref had by then recovered enough to make the count, and the losing streak had come to an emotional end. The crowd celebrated along with British Steel, and it looks like bright things are back for the popular English duo.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Masanobu Fuchi

ORIGINAL BLACK TIGER MASK | FACELESS DJ | FlickrAJPW: Masanobu Fuchi Commemorative Meetings Announced | Superfights

After the drama of the previous match, there was a bit of a break before the action got back under way. Black Tiger has been a fighting champion, taking on challengers from both sides of the aisle in matches that have consistently been highlights of PCW house shows. Tonight , he would face off against the skilled Japanese star Masanobu Fuchi. Much of this match took place on the mat, with Fuchi attempting to catch Tiger in a series of submission holds, and Black Tiger calling on his considerable counter wrestling abilities to escape. Fuchi came close on a number of occasions, but Black Tiger was canny enough to find a way out of his traps, and eventually was able to execute the Black Tiger Bomb for the win. Another victory in a legendary title run for Black Tiger.

Fit Finlay - The Official Wrestling MuseumLegend Playboy Buddy Rose Found Dead - OWW

Fit Finlay left the Playboy Club on incredibly bad terms, and ever since has taken every opportunity he good to get his licks in on Buddy Rose. Tonight, they would be one on one, with none of the Playboy Club or any of Finlay's friends there to get involved. Rose was understandable apprehensive about facing off against the Belfast Bruiser, but Finlay didn't give him any say in the matter, Finlay went right after Rose with unrestrained fury, blistering him with lefts and rights. Rose used his considerable powers of evasion to do everything he could to avoid Finlay's attack, but Finlay was relentless. Eventually, Finlay had Rose trapped in the corner, unleashing all of his pent up aggression. The ref tried to get between the two of them, but got knocked to the ground for his troubles. Rose proceeded to go for his usual stratagem, reaching into his trunks and pulling out a set of brass knucks. But then, something unusual happened. Instead of using the knucks on Finlay, he tossed them at him, and the Fighting Irishman caught them, staring at them in confusion. Seeing that the ref had recovered, Rose fell down on his knees, begging Finlay not to hurt him. Seeing this and the brass knucks in Finlay's hand, the ref immediately called for the bell, disqualifying Finlay. The Belfast Bruiser protested, but the ref wasn't interested in listening. Rose was giggling and pointing to his temple, then immediately changed to a fearful look when the ref looked at him. Finlay had given it his all, but the Playboy had outfoxed him.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : The Midnight Express © vs. Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas)

Midnight Express – WRESTLING HISTORYGallery - Online World of Wrestlingimage.png.7be12b2b0c294826b36b197b636a552c.png

The Midnight Express, in one form or another, have held the Pacific Tag Team Titles for quite some time. To their credit, they have faced a wide variety of challenger, but have held onto the titles by hook or by crook. Lately, they have been dealing with the dual challenges of Black Gold and the Rainbow Warriors, with both of them getting closer and closer to taking the prize for themselves. Blackman and Douglas were set on making sure that tonight would be their night. Jim Cornette's men didn't seem to think much of the chances of the Army, having a cocky and dismissive air in the early stages of the match. But the challengers were not about to be taken lightly, going all out against the Express and catching them off guard on a number of occasions. The champions did all they could to put down their challenge, but Douglas and Blackman could not be kept down for long. The Midnights thought they had them dead to rights when they had Douglas set up for the Double Goozle. But Blackman was able to grab Douglas' arm and pull him out of the way, and the Midnights ended up tangled up in confusion. Blackman waited until Eaton was lined up then hit him with the running Bicycle Kick. As he went for the cover, Lane tried to break it up, but found himself waylaid by Douglas. One … two … THREE!!!! Cornette was aghast as Black Gold were now crowned Pacific Tag Team Champions. The fans were jubilant as the two young wrestlers who had come so far together in their time in Pacific Coast Wrestling had now achieved the ultimate prize in the territory's tag team division.

Pacific Heavyweight Title Match : Barry Windham © vs. Nick Bockwinkel

Barry Windham - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia Nick Bockwinkel - Wikipedia

It was now time for the main event, the most anticipated match of the weekend. Both men had a long road to this match. Bockwinkel had tough matches with all of the other members of the Brigade. Windham , in turn , had come off a series of draining and brutal challenges from Mr. Bob Backlund and the One Man Gang. While he was coming in worse for wear, Windham was clearly not going to go down without a fight. Windham and Bockwinkel quickly got down to it, and the match had all of the makings of a classic. Bockwinkel as a considerable challenge, with his incredible skill and cunning coming close to getting the better of Windham on a number of occasions. But Windham has proved himself time and again of being a worthy champ, and his athletic ability and talent did him well in surviving Bock's attacks. The two battled long and hard, and the fans were riveted with every minute that passed. Then, after a long war, chaos broke out. Mr. Bob Backlund, Gary Young, Chris Candido and Al Snow made their way to the ring , clearly with malicious intent. But before they could execute whatever their plan was, Konnan, Ron Simmons and the Dingo Warrior raced out to intercept them. The two groups did battle at ringside, the ref tried to create some kind of order. But while he was so distracted, it was then that things took a turn for the worse, a huge figure dove into the ring from the other side. It was the One Man Gang, wielding a chain. Gang clobbered Windham with the chain, then hit a quick running splash on him before rolling out of the ring. When the ref turned around, Bockwinkle had Windham pinned in a Double Leg Cradle. One … two … THREE!!!! NO! After everything he had gone through, Windham's title reign had ended through treachery. The crowd and the other Brigade members gasped in astonished disappointment. Bockwinkel had an insufferably smug look on his face as he put the championship belt around his waist. Whether the fans like it or not, Bockwinkel was now the Pacific Heavyweight Champion.

OK, let's do this! 

Pacific's staple Leo Burke opens things up with a crowd pleasing win. 

Rose's top guys do him well by putting down rivals Garvin and Tenta. 

With that win over Chavo, I would say Owen's back on track.

Jack and Sabu become stars after that wild match. Jack gets the win and even shows respect to Sabu. 

Vindication! Warrior gets his win back in dominating fashion. Get ready Pacific.

The best news about the Simmons/Big Cat match is we're going to get more. 

Billy Jack gets his payback. Very interesting show of sportsmanship after the match. Looking forward to watching what happens with Tatum and old Hollywood. 

Ed evens things up for the Gantner Brothers. 

After a long chase, things pay off big time as TDT defeats Badd Co. for the CA titles. Props to you for writing up such good chases. For the record, I did enjoy Badd Co's run. 

Another fantastic feud concludes as Eddie comes back and beats Barr in a thrilling 3 falls match. Both of these guys were given a tremendous opportunity to shine and they took the ball and scored.

Two submission masters go at it with both titles on the line. Severn gives Backlund a real scare but the experience of Backlund prevails. Backlund is now a dual champ. No matter where Bob ends up, he always winds up on top.

The night ends with an epic TV title cage match. First off, I love the importance of the TV title here. Bubba and Tony bring it! In the end, Tony puts an end to Bubba's impressive run. Great match! I for one am looking forward to the reign of St. Clair.

Night 2! Here we go,

Fast paced start as Hector surprises the Hitman. I can't get enough of the Hart's and Guerreros matches.

OMG proves he's still the man as he puts down the always game Hennig.

Jarrett proves he's back in the game with a nice win over Mando.

The Malenko's have arrived! I liked the twist with the Warriors getting the win here. 

Another man gets his revenge as Pillman gets a showcase win over Young. 

Man, it looks like the Anvil has lost a bit of confidence. We'll see where this goes. I liked the looks on Paynes and the Ref's face LOL.

Konnan gets his big win and unmasks Humungous. However, the big news here is, the game now has SID!!! 

You got me! I thought for sure Regal was turning but no! British Steel get a huge emotional win and are back on the same page. 

Can I say it again, Black Tiger is having one of the most entertaining title reigns in the game.

HAHAHA! Rose is the slyest fox in the game! 

Another shocker! Black Gold upsets the Midnight Express and become Pacific Champs! Seattle is one unlucky spot for Cornette! 

It all comes down to Windham vs. Bock. They put on an absolute classic. Then things get crazy. We get a brawl of factions on the outside while OMG clobbers Windham, allowing Bock to get the tainted win. Nevertheless, Nick Bockwinkel  is champ again! 

As always, Pacific delivers another outstanding supercard. Awesome job!

Hector wins a mat classic to start night 2.

OMG may have been a bit sore but a wounded Hennig couldn't keep up.

Double J returns with a solid win over Mando.

The Brothers Malenko may not have been successful in their debut but the proved they're a team to keep an eye on.

Pillman defeats Young moving one step closer to a shot at duel champ Backlund.

Payne gets a quick tapout from the Anvil. Neidhart seems to be a bit gun-shy about that shoulder.

Konnan wins the mask vs mask....& PCW may well suffer for it.

I was fairly certain that this show would mark the end of British Steel so it was a nice twist to see Brookside talk Regal down before they get back on the winning track.

Fuchi adds his name to the list of people who've failed to dethrone Black Tiger.

Rose gets creative & gets Finlay dq'd! Why do i get the feeling Eddie was taking notes?

After a lengthy build, Black Gold achieve the dream & become the NEW Pacific Tag Team champions.

OMG isnt done for the night as he & the Knight Templar come together to screw WIndham out of the Heavyweight title! Let the reign of Bock begin!

Another classic two-night event from Pacific Coast Wrestling.

5 minutes ago, rainmakerrtv said:

Hot on the heels of Seattle Showdown, the main event for next week's Pacific Wrestling Showcase from Victoria has been signed, and it is so hot that we had to announce it right away :

Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero in a STEEL CAGE!

Okay, not that I needed extra incentive to tune into next week's TV but DAMN! They may actually kill each other!

Pacific Wrestling Showcase from the Victoria Memorial Arena, Victoria, on ESPN / TSN, June 3rd

Joe & Dean Malenko vs. Jonathan Libby &  Jeff Wilson

Funk's Corner – The Funks vs. The Malenkos – Online World of Wrestling

Seattle Showdown was a huge event that shook the foundations of Pacific Coast Wrestling, and tonight , PCW and its fans move into the next era of the territory. The Malenkos made their debut at Seattle Showdown, impressing many before ultimately going down to the Rainbow Warriors. Tonight, they amazed the crowd once again with a dazzling display of skill, completely dominating the rookies Libby and Wilson with matwork, double teams and submission holds. It was Dean who trapped Libby in a Texas Cloverleaf submission hold, forcing him to tap out. Big things are clearly in the future for the Malenko Brothers.

Jim Neidhart vs. Pat Tanaka

Jim The Anvil Neidhart Arrested and Other Wrestlers Gone Wild | Bleacher  Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights Rasslin' History 101 on Twitter: "The word "Underrated" gets tossed around  too damn liberally these days,but during my wrestling fandom as a kid,Pat  Tanaka was definitely one of the most underrated talents

Jim Neidhart was also coming off a losing effort at Seattle Showdown, but one that left a much different impression. All present were shocked by how quickly he tapped out to Maxx Payne's Payne Killer, including his opponent. It was perhaps understandable that he would want to protect his shoulder, having just come back from injuring it, he came out of the match with a red faced embarrassed look that he kept going into this match. The moment the bell rang, Tanaka continued the trend of being caught off guard by Neidhart, but for different reasons. Neidhart bowled him over with running tackle and then attacked him with a savagery for which the Anvil was not previously known. Neidhart tossed Tanaka about like a ragdoll before putting him in a Camel Clutch, getting a submission victory. It looks like Neidhart is dead set on removing the mark of shame from his reputation.

Doug Furnas vs. Willard Smith

Doug Furnas - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

Doug Furnas is making his first appearance tonight in Pacific Coast Wrestling. A former football player for the University of Tennessee Volunteers as well as a standout power lifter, the powerfully built Furnas cut an imposing figure in the ring. He threw and slammed Smith about with ease, as though it was no effort for him at all. Partway through the match, the Malenko Brothers came to ringside and observed with interest, conferring with each other as they watched. Furnas hoisted Smith up onto his shoulder in a Canadian Backbreaker, then drove him hard into the corner before dropping him to the mat, a move that was dubbed the Volunteer Slam. Furnas got the pinfall and after the match, was listening with interest as the Malenkos led him from the ring.

Dan Severn & Jeff Jarrett vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

Dan Severn (Page 1) - Line.17QQ.com GWH News and Notes: Jeff Jarrett: Ain't I Great or Great, I Ain't? Depends  on How YOU Look At it.Chris Candido - IMDbLeif Cassidy | Ring the Damn Bell

Dan Severn had suffered a disappointing loss at Seattle Showdown, losing his Submission Title to Mr. Bob Backlund. Severn comes bearing a fair amount of anger against the Knights Templar, and was clearly looking to take that out on the Bomb Squad. Backlund was accompanying his men to the ring, but apart from some dirty looks, Severn kept his attention on Candido and Snow. He had his best friend Jeff Jarrett at his side, and Jarrett was just as set as Severn on trouncing the Knights. The Bomb Squad certainly weren't pushovers, and gave a good accounting of themselves. But the anger of the Odd Couple was a force to be reckoned with, and it was only a matter of time before Severn had Candido locked up in a Boston Crab. Snow tried to come in and break up the hold, but Jarrett tackled him. It was then that things took a very strange customer. While Severn had Candido in the Boston Crab, out of nowhere, a wrestler, one who had never been seen before in PCW, entered the ring and kicked Severn hard in the face. Severn let go of Candido in shock and clutched his face while the mystery man laid several more brutal kicks on him. Backlund and Snow seemed to have no idea who he was, but capitalized by preventing Jarrett from rescuing his partner. Although he was clearly in a lot of pain, Severn did all he could to fight off his attacker until PCW security came down to the ring to restore order. Gary Hart came down to the ring and led the mystery man away. Whoever he is, he certainly knows how to make a debut with maximum impact.

Akira Maeda - TheSportsDB.com

Lights Out No DQ Cage Match : Art Barr vs. Eddie Guerrero

Art Barr aka Love Machine | Pro wrestling, Detroit news, WrestlingPin by Maria Mahoney on WTF | Eddie guerrero, Wrestling superstars, Pro  wrestling

The lights went out in the arena and then went back on, signaling the much anticipated main event that was sure to be a blockbuster. These two gifted second generation wrestlers have been at each other's throats since they arrived in PCW. For some reason, they have just gotten under each other's skin so badly that it brought out the worst in them. It seemed like Guerrero's victory in the 2/3 falls match at Seattle Showdown would be the capper to this feud. But Art Barr demanded one more match and he got it. It would be a Lights Out match, which meant that the regular rules of wrestling would not apply, and what's more, it would take place inside a steel cage. Guerrero was the first out, his three brothers hovering protectively around him. He shook off any attempt to give him advice as he entered the cage, determined to win this one on his own. Art Barr was next. The rest of the Army were with him, but he was walking a few paces ahead of them, an unhinged look on his face. Leo Burke and most of the army had looks of concern on their faces, but Cactus Jack bore a maniacal grin. Barr stepped in the cage, the door was locked behind him, and they got down to brass tacks. Both of these men have considerable athletic gifts and have developed impressive ring skills in their brief time in wrestling. That all went out the window for this match. This was a straight up fight. They had built up a considerable amount of hatred for each other, and they poured it all out into this match. Their allies and the fans were agog at the display of fury and brutality that took place in the cage. The two combatants battered each other into the cage, and they were both a bloody mess as the matched went on. They pushed each other to the point of exhaustion, with neither man wanting to be the one to give in. No matter what they did to each other, the other would kick out before the count of three came down, although it was frequently close. Barr finally was able to hit a Tombstone piledriver on Guerrero, and it seemed like that would be hit. But Barr clearly thought it would take more, and hit another Tombstone. Even then, he didn't go for the cover, and instead started to climb up the ropes. He didn't stop there, keeping on climbing up the cage until he reached the top. The crowd looked on in amazement as the stood at the top of the cage with a deranged look on his face, then gave an audible gasp as he leapt into the cage with a Frog Splash. He landed hard on top of Guerrero and the ref came over to make the three count. Barr had gotten the win in the most grueling match yet. But even then, he was still not done. When he was able to get back up, he grabbed Guerrero by the hair and dragged him up to his knees. The ref tried to intervene, but Barr backhanded him to the mat. He then started raining blows down on Guerrero. The other Guerreros frantically tried to get the cage open, but the door was locked, and the unconscious ref was the only one with the key. The rest of the Army were begging Barr to stop from outside the cage, all except Cactus Jack, who was shaking the ring and howling like a banshee. It did them no good, and Barr kept hitting Guerrero. Eddie , dazed and groggy as he was, would not give him the satisfaction of asking for mercy, fixing him with a look of sheer defiance. Barr looked in his eyes … then stopped hitting him. He reached out, patted Guerrero on the cheek, and slowly walked away from him. Once more, he climbed up the cage, this time climbing down the other side to finally depart the battleground. The rest of the Army followed behind with looks of shock and horror on their faces. Again, the one exception was Cactus Jack, who was cackling madly all the way. Once the ref recovered, he unlocked the cage and the other Guerreros helped their youngest brother out and to the back. The crowd were left to try to figure out what the hell they had just watched.

After a slightly bumpy start, The Malenko Brothers correct course.

Speaking of athletes correcting course, Neidhart is getting back on track.

Furnas arrives with a win & perhaps makes some new friends.

It seems Gary Hart has found himself a new Japanese enforcer. But why target Severn?

Barr wins a bloody cage match with a jaw dropping frog splash from the top of the cage! The aftermath is somehow even crazier as Barr begins to assault Eddie...only to suddenly stop. All the while Cactus is losing his mind on the outside. Really interested in where this is all going.

Pacific Coast Wrestling show from the Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver on Pacific Super Cards on ESPN / TSN , June 4th

Mando Guerrero vs. Doug Furnas

Furnas pinned Guerrero after the Volunteer Slam. Interestingly, Furnas' trunks now bore the same golden lion emblem as those of the Malenko Brothers

Billy Jack Haynes vs. Cannon Ball Grizzly

Haynes had his hands full with a powerful young star who was too big for him to knock around like was normally able to do. He was finally able to take Grizzly off his feet with a flying shoulder tackle, then followed up with a top rope legdrop to get a very hard fought pinfall.

Pacific Light Heavyweight Title Match : Black Tiger © vs. Paul Diamond

Another in a long line of exciting title defenses for Black Tiger, where the masked man countered a flying back body press by Diamond with a rollover to score the one two three

While Ed Wiskowski distracted the referee, Cannonball Grizzly entered the ring and hit a single arm suplex on Finlay. When the ref turned around, he saw Rose covering Finlay and gave the match to the Playboy. After the match, the Playboy Club continued to attack on Finlay until Tabarnak De Team charged in and ran them off.

Pacific Tag Team Title Match : Black Gold (Steve Blackman & Shane Douglas) © vs. The Bomb Squad (Chris Candido & Al Snow)

This would be the first title defense for Black Gold after their triumph at Seattle Showdown. Bob Backlund's prize pupils gave them a considerable challenge, but Douglas was able to catch Snow in a Belly To Belly Suplex to successfully defend their titles.

The Rainbow Warriors (Brian Adams & Vic Steamboat) vs. Joe & Dean Malenko

This would be a rematch from Seattle Showdown, with the Malenkos dead set on avenging their loss from their PCW debut match. The Rainbow Warriors were no pushovers, having had a series of matches with the Midnight Express, and the battle went back and forth. Joe was able to block an attempted rollup by Steamboat, and then reverse it into a German Suplex to even the score with the Warriors.

Pacific Television Title Match : Tony St. Clair © vs. Gary Young

At Seattle Showdown, Tony St. Clair pulled off the seemingly impossible feat of beating Big Bubba Rogers for the Pacific TV Title. His first defense would be against Bob Backlund's favorite son, Gary Young. Young has proven to be a tough customer and gave "Tough" Tony an hellacious fight. It took some determined battling from the champ to avoid the DDT and finally come roaring out of the corner with the spinning forearm smash to get the win and finish off a great evening of wrestling.