Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX, 1-11-84

TNT.jpg

The show opens with footage from last week of Bob Sweetan and David Shultz's attack on the Fabulous Ones. Sweetan and Shultz deliver piledrivers to Keirn and Lane on the concrete! 

The show goes live to Steve Stack standing behind his podium. 

Stack: Hello everybody and welcome to TNT Wrestling on the USA Network coming to you from the Junction in San Antonio. TNT is sanctioned by the AWA. I'm Steve Stack and I'll be your host here at the Junction. I'm thrilled to be a part of the AWA and TNT Wrestling. Lot's of action for you tonight including a big tag team match as Johnny Valiant's Decimation clash with Jumbo Tsuruta and Billy Robinson. Speaking of tag teams, you all saw that vicious attack by Sweetan and Shultz on the tag champs, the Fabulous Ones. I've been informed that due to injuries sustained, the Fabulous Ones will not be able to meet their title commitments. I've also been informed that on January 23rd on the ESPN Supercard, the Guerreros will wrestle the Nightmares for the vacated AWA Southern tag titles. Very unfortunate turn of events for the Fabulous Ones. Myself and all the fans wish them a speedy recovery. As for Sweetan and Shultz, they've been heavily fined....

The fans boo as Sweetan and Shultz storm the podium. They scream and yell about how they don't care about fines. They said that was a statement and a message that they're here in TNT and every other team better take notice! 

Stack: (A little rattled) ok, well let's go to the ring. 

Terry Funk vs. Gary Williams

Funk hammers away on Williams, swings him to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Funk works over Williams leg, then applies the spinning toe hold. Williams cant take it and submits. The crowd cheers as Funk grabs his branding iron and holds it up to them. Funk heads to the podium. 

Funk: I heard that no good dirty dog Harley Race saying he's gonna knock me down. Race! I want a fight! Try and knock me down! I'm begging you to try. The next time we square off, you're the one getting knocked down and out! 

Commercial Break

Rolling Thunder (Rick McGraw and Ivan Putski) vs. Paul Rooney and Mark Hillman 

Last week Putski helped McGraw out as he was being double teamed by Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin. This week they're teaming up and looking good. McGraw's quickness blends well with Putski's power. The finish comes when McGraw hits Hillman with a high drop kick then tags in Putski. Putski swings Hillman to the ropes and hits the Polish Hammer for the pin! 

Rolling Thunder cut a promo and say they have some good chemistry and are gunning for the titles but first they're going to take care of Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin. 

Stack: Looking forward to watching more of Rolling Thunder. Joining me now is Tully Blanchard. Tully, I know you have eyes on the TV title.

Tully: Damn right I do! Tommy Rich is walking around with my title. He gets a fluke win over Dream Machine last week and now he thinks he's a true champion. Steve, I am an athlete, I am a true wrestler and I should be representing TNT television with that title. Tommy Rich, enjoy your reign because it's going to be a short one my friend.  

Commercial Break

Cocoa Samoa vs. Terry Gibbs

Gibbs gets in some hard hitting offense and takes the fight to Cocoa. Cocoa turns things around with a jumping headbutt followed by a body slam. Cocoa hops up on the middle ropes and hits a body splash for the pin! The fans cheer as Cocoa flashes the hang loose sign then heads to the podium. 

Just as Steve starts to ask him a question, Cocoa is nailed from behind by Adrian Street! Street stomps on Cocoa then clamps on the sleeper! Cocoa is out. Miss Linda hands Street some lipstick. Street puts lipstick all over Cocoa's face. Street then throws some glitter on Cocoa's face before exiting. 

Commercial Break

Cocoa is revived by trainees. Cocoa slowly rubs his face and looks at his hand. A look of rage goes over Cocoa's face. He starts to go berserk. Trainees are trying to calm him down but Cocoa is going crazy. More officials come out to restrain and calm him down. Cocoa pushes them all away then storms out. 

TNT TV Champ Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich vs. Marvin Jones

The fans are cheering the newly crowned TV champ on as he punches away on Jones. The match is all Rich as he body slams Jones and follows with a knee drop. Rich swings Jones to the ropes and hits the Thesz Press for the pin! The crowd continues to cheer as Rich holds up the TV title to them. 

Rich cuts a fired up promo and says regardless of what Blanchard says, he's going to represent TNT well and remain champ for a long long time and informs the people that on January 23rd he will be defending his TV title against Tully Blanchard. Tommy is fired up tonight! 

Steve Stack then brings out Mando and Chavo Guerrero. They talk about their upcoming opportunity of a lifetime on the 23rd and remind the fans of their unfinished business with the Nightmares and that business will be finished on January 23rd! 

Commercial Break

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Vic Dutro 

Idol does a lot of flexing and showboating as the fans boo. Idol controls the match. He puts Vic down with a clothesline, then picks him up and hits a shin breaker. Idol showboats then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock to get the submission win! 

The fans give it to Idol as he continues to flex. The boos turn to a roar as Hercules Ayala hits the ring and nails Idol from behind! Ayala pounds away on Idol until Idol rolls out of the ring and stumbles out of there. Ayala pumps his fists to the cheering crowd then heads to the podium. 

Ayala: Idol busted my head open a couple weeks ago but Idol didn't get the job done! Revenge is mine and I promise I will make his head bleed with my bare hands! 

Stack: A very heated Hercules Ayala. I would hate to be Austin Idol right now. Joining me now are the Nightmares. You guys will meet the Guerreros on January 23rd to determine the AWA Southern tag team champs. 

The Nightmares say they have a big surprise in store for the Guerreros on the 23rd and this surprise will guarantee them the titles. They walk away laughing, leaving Stack with a puzzled look. 

Commercial Break

Stack: Fans, before we get to our main event. My guest at this time will get a shot at the AWA World Title on January 23rd. Please welcome Jerry the King Lawler.

Lawler stops and acknowledges the fans. Not a Memphis pop but he gets a nice pop. 

Lawler: Steve, I've been waiting for this opportunity for a long time. I heard Hulk Hogan talking about his power and how his pythons are going to take the king down. Well let me tell you something Hulk Hogan. It will take a lot more than that to put the king down. You're coming into my backyard buddy and there's no way you're walking out of Memphis with the world title. No chance! The night ends with the King raising the title high in front of MY Memphis crowd! 

Stack: It's Hulk Hogan defending the AWA World Title against Jerry Lawler on January 23rd, live on ESPN. You wont want to miss that one. Let's go to our big main event. 

Billy Robinson and Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Decimation (Randy Colley and Mike Shaw) w/ Johnny Valiant 

Fun hard hitting TV main event as both teams are looking strong tonight. Robinson and Tsuruta get control and slow things down with some solid wrestling. Decimation regain control as Shaw eye rakes Tsuruta and Colley chokes him on the ropes. They work over Tsuruta in the corner. Johnny Valiant gets involved with some choking of his own. Robinson has enough and storms over. The Ref tries to guide him back but Robinson pushes him away and continues the brawl. Tsuruta gets his wits back and all four men are brawling. The Ref finally gets control. It doesn't last long as another brawl ensues. Valiant hops on the apron but Robinson and Tsuruta nail him with a double forearm blast, sending him flying. Colley charges but Tsuruta and Robinson back drop him over the top rope. Tsuruta nails Shaw with a running forearm then Robinson rolls Shaw up 1..2..3!!! Big pop as Robinson and Tsuruta stand tall in the ring. 

Commercial Break

Stack: That was some match. Big win for Robinson and Tsuruta. Fans, joining me now is the AWA TNT Champion Nick Bockwinkel. Nick, it's you and Wahoo McDaniel for the TNT title on January 23rd. 

Nick: Steve, you and I both know I should be getting that world title match with Hogan. But instead I have to defend the TNT title against a man who's not in the same league as myself. Now this TNT title is very prestigious which is exactly why I should be wrestling Hogan and not an underachiever like McDaniel. It's really an embarrassment to myself and this title. 

Fans cheer as Wahoo McDaniel comes out

Wahoo: You know Nick, I've been listening to you whine for the last two weeks and quite frankly I'm sick of it. You've insulted me and are underestimating me. You're making a huge mistake by looking past me and you're going to find that out first hand when we meet on the 23rd. 

Nick: I've done nothing but stated facts (Bock puts his finger on Wahoo's chest) and you're the one who's going to find out why I'm the TNT champ on the 23rd. 

Wahoo grabs Nick's finger and twists it then pushes him back. The fans are cheering as Wahoo gives Nick a warning point then walks away. An embarrassed Nick charges Wahoo but Wahoo turns around and chops Nick then hurls him in the ring. The fans are going crazy as Wahoo punches away on Nick then swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big chop. 

The show ends with the fans standing up cheering while Wahoo is standing over Nick. 

TNT.jpg

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job here in hyping up the first ESPN Supercard.  Just looking at your roster, you could have main event after main event.  Sweetan and Shutlz are two tough dudes and what a contrast in styles when they meet the Fab Ones.  I love the Lipstick angle with Street.  Cocoa is going to go wild as he seeks revenge.  Wildfire vs Tully, Bockwinkle vs Wahoo.... so many possible endings that I can't for the show and then the big one.  Can Lawler actually get the belt from Hogan or could Hogan actually defeat the King in Memphis.  Something has to give!  Can't wait for this show.

TNT Wrestling @ The Hemisfair Arena, San Antonio TX, 1-13-84

Soul Patrol (Koko Ware and Sweet Brown Sugar) vs. Terry Gibbs and Scott Ferris

Gibbs and Ferris get in some offense and do a good job of double teaming Sugar. Soul Patrol regain control and go on a high flying offensive rampage. The finish comes when Sugar drop kicks Ferris out of the ring and Ware executes the Gourdbuster on Gibbs for the pin! 

David Shultz and Bob Sweetan vs. The Gladiators (two jobbers under masks)

Before the match, Shultz and Sweetan get some big time heel heat when Shultz grabs the mic from the announcer and dedicates this match to the Fabulous Ones. The two masked Gladiators didn't stand a chance as Shultz and Sweetan just put a beating on them. They hurl one of the Gladiators out of the ring. Sweetan hops up on the middle rope. Shultz hoists his opponent up in the piledriver position and they crash down with a spike piledriver to get the pin! The fans boo them all the way up the aisle as Shultz and Sweetan continuously stop to yell at them. 

Mr. USA Tony Atlas vs. Phil Hickerson 

Fun match up between the big Hickerson and muscular Atlas. Atlas works over Hickerson with some headbutts and body slams. After an eye rake, Hickerson comes back with some body slams of his own and a couple suplexes. The fans fire Atlas up and he comes back with some thrust shots. During his comeback there's a stir in the crowd as Johnny Valiant comes to ringside. Atlas has Hickerson reeling. Atlas springs off the ropes but Valiant trips him. Atlas stumbles forward then turns around and goes to the outside to chase Valiant. Atlas grabs him and is ready to hit him when Hickerson clubs Atlas from behind! Hickerson stomps away. Valiant eventually joins in and the Ref signals for the DQ. Hickerson and Valiant give Atlas a few more stomps before exiting to the sounds of boos. Johnny Valiant seems to have a new client. 

Rolling Thunder (Ivan Putski and Rick McGraw) vs. Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin 

This one's been brewing. Ratamyus is one bizarre character as he takes off his hood and is decked out in his face paint. This doesn't seem to faze Putski and McGraw as they charge and take the fight to him and Cuban Assassin. The Ref eventually gets control. Putski and McGraw control the early portion but Cuban gouges McGraw's eyes and swings him into the boot of Ratamyus to take control. Cuban and Ratamyus work over McGraw with body slams, choking, kicks and stomps. The crowd pops when McGraw makes the hot tag to Putski. Putski comes in and hammers away on his opponents. A forearm blast sends Cuban into his corner. Putski body slams Ratamyus and tags in McGraw. McGraw hits a jumping elbow drop on Ratamyus 1..2..Cuban breaks the count. Putski runs in and punches away on Cuban. The Ref guides Putski back. Ratamyus lowblows McGraw and Cuban follows with a running clothesline. The Ref turns around as Ratamyus covers McGraw 1..2..3! Ratamyus and Cuban get out of the ring as Putski charges after them. 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. Don Bass w/Jimmy Hart

Lawler wanted to take on a big tough opponent as he prepares for his upcoming AWA title match with Hogan. Jimmy Hart was more than willing to oblige as he quickly signed his man Don Bass to the match. Lawler got what he asked for as Bass takes it to him. Bass slams Lawler down and puts the boots to him by the ropes. Bass chokes Lawler with his boot. The Ref guides him back which allows Hart to choke away on his old friend Lawler. Later on the fans roar as Lawler makes his comeback and pulls his strap down! Lawler hammers away with fists and has Bass reeling. Lawler gets Bass up and body slams him down. Hart gets on the apron and the fans roar as Lawler punches him off. Lawler hops up on the middle rope and crashes down on Bass with the fist drop 1..2..3! Lawler motions his hands around his waist signaling he's ready for Hogan. 

Intermission

The Guerreros and Cocoa Samoa vs. The Nightmares and Adrian Street w/Miss Linda

Wild 6 man match as all of these guys have unfinished business. As soon as the bell rings Cocoa storms after Street like a madman. Street hightails it out of there while the Guerreros and Nightmares brawl. The match is back and forth. Every time Cocoa gets in the ring, Street gets out of there except when the Nightmares get control, then Street gets his stomps in on Cocoa. Eventually chaos ensues and everybody is brawling again. Finally Cocoa gets his hands on Street and just punches away. Cocoa punches him through the ropes and follows. In the ring the Nightmares and Guerreros are battling. The Guerreros swing Davis to the ropes and double back drop him. Mando goes to the top rope. Chavo swings Wayne to the ropes and punches him in the mid section then Mando comes off the top rope with a sunset flip 1..2..3! The fans explode. On the outside Cocoa is pounding away on Street until Miss Linda jumps on his back and starts choking him. Cocoa gets her off and warns her. During this, Street gets up and runs away. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Hercules Ayala

These guys have been going at it and that continues tonight. Ayala is still looking for payback from when Idol busted him open a couple weeks ago by ramming his head into the steel post. This match never officially gets started as they start brawling before the bell rings. The Ref never gets control and ends up ruling the match a No Contest. That doesn't stop Idol and Ayala from brawling all around the ring and up the aisle. 

TNT TV Champ Tommy Rich and Terry Funk vs. Harley Race and Tully Blanchard

Fantastic match as all 4 men are on their A game tonight. Everybody shines in this match as it goes around 40 minutes. During the match Race and Funk have some furious encounters. Funk works over Race with knife edge chops and multiple punches but also pulls out a Russian Leg Sweep and various suplexes. Race brings his arsenal as he hits Funk with a variety of suplexes and a diving headbutt. Rich and Blanchard put on a show as well. Blanchard wants to show everybody why he should be TV champ so he body slams Rich and hits a delayed knee drop followed by multiple elbow drops. Rich comes back with a back drop followed by a drop kick and a standing fist drop. In the end Race and Funk brawl to the outside. In the ring Rich swings Tully to the ropes but their heads collide leaving them both on the ground. The Ref is looking at them and doesn't see Race hit Funk with a chair on the outside. As Rich slowly rises, Race gets in the ring and hits him from behind with a high knee. The Ref guides Race back. Tully gets up, hoists Rich up and hits the Slingshot Suplex 1..2..3! 

Non Title Bout

AWA TNT Champ Nick Bockwinkel  vs. Wahoo McDaniel 

Because of Bockwinkel's recent comments, Wahoo wanted this match. Bockwinkel accepted (feeling humiliated after the recent TV show) but refused to put the title on the line. Wahoo knows he gets his title match on January 23rd so he gladly accepted the terms. Bock does a lot of stalling at the beginning which irritates both the fans and Wahoo. Once again they're about to lock up but Bock slides out of the ring but he's close to the apron. As he argues with the fans, Wahoo reaches down, grabs Bock's hair and pulls him up on the apron. Wahoo punches away then suplexes Bock back in the ring. It's all Wahoo for the first few minutes as he works Bock over with chops, slams and headbutts. Wahoo then executes a butterfly suplex 1..2..Bock gets his foot on the rope. The tide turns when Wahoo goes to pick up Bock but Bock hits him in the mid section, grabs his singlet and pulls him through the ropes. This gives Bock much needed time to regroup. As soon as Wahoo gets back in the ring, Bock scoop slams him down. Bock works over Wahoo's back, executes a vertical suplex then hits a backbreaker. Bock gives a smirk then applies the Boston Crab! Bock wrenches away as Wahoo fights it. The fans cheer and chant "Wahoo"! Wahoo struggles, pushes himself up and makes it to the ropes! Bock is furious and argues with the Ref for making him release the hold. Bock keeps arguing with the Ref and finally turns back to Wahoo. Bock picks Wahoo up and goes for a suplex but Wahoo blocks it and suplexes Bock! Wahoo starts to regroup. Bock staggers up and Wahoo chops him into the turnbuckles. Wahoo grabs Bock and swings him towards the opposite turnbuckles but Bock reverses it and swings Wahoo into the turnbuckles. Wahoo staggers back and Bock clamps on the sleeper but Wahoo runs backwards and slams Bock into the turnbuckles. Wahoo swings Bock hard into the opposite turnbuckles. Bock hits hard and staggers forward and Wahoo nails him with a big chop to the head 1..2..3!!!! The fans explode! The Ref raises Wahoo's hand as he acknowledges the cheering fans. Next time these two meet, the TNT Title will be on the line! 

The people of San Antonio got a real treat with that card.  Two things I noticed.  First you do a great job of hyping up feuds by throwing two of them together in a tag match or a 6 man tag match.  This keeps everything hot and whoever loses doesn't really give up to much.  I also like how both Rich and Bockwinkle came up short.  It makes you think their title reigns could be in some trouble.  I need more Ratymus!  I know nothing about him but this is the second game I have been involved in where Ratymus seems to cause chaos!  Great show and now on to the big one on the 23rd.  

AWA ESPN Super Card @ Mid South Coliseum, Memphis TN 1-23-84

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to the first AWA Supershow here on ESPN, coming to you live from the Mid South Coliseum here in Memphis TN. I'm Lance Russell. Tonight you will see Hulk Hogan defend the AWA World Title against Jerry "The King" Lawler. AWA Tag team champions, the Sheiks defend against Rick Martel and Curt Hennig. Controversy surrounds that match as Curt Hennig was injured at the hands of the Sheiks, Sheepherders and Abdullah the Butcher. I don't know how Hennig will be able to compete tonight. Also the AWA Southern tag titles are up for grabs as The Guerreros take on the Nightmares and the Nightmares say they have a surprise tonight. Tommy Rich defends the TNT TV title against Tully Blanchard. There will be a big battle royal tonight and the winner will receive an AWA World Title shot down the line. All that and a lot more. So fans let's kick things off with a 6 Man tag match. 

Rolling Thunder and Buck Zumhofe vs. Ratamyus, Cuban Assassin and Terry Gibbs

Putski and McGraw are still having issues with Ratamyus and Cuban as all four men start brawling right off the bat. Gibbs tries to attack Buck but Buck ends up drop kicking him out of the ring. The match is back and forth as the faces use their power and speed while the heels break every rule in the book and work their opponents over with double teaming. The finish comes when everybody is in the ring fighting and Putski nails Gibbs with the Polish Hammer to get the pin! After the faces leave, Ratamyus and Cuban put the boots to Gibbs then hurl him out of the ring. Ratamyus goes crazy and hits Gibbs several times with a chair busting him open. The fans are shocked by his brutality. Finally Putski and McGraw run back to save Gibbs. Ratamyus and Cuban make threats as they leave. 

TNT TV Title Bout

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich (C) vs. Tully Blanchard 

These two put on a solid match as the momentum shifts several times. Rich fires up the crowd with back drops, elbow drops and body slams. Tully gets control with a knee to the gut off the ropes then follows with a suplex and multiple elbow drops. Tully bends the rules and gets in some good choking. The fans fire Rich up and he comes back swinging with fired up punches and follows by slamming Tully's head on the turnbuckle several times. Rich swings Tully to the turnbuckles and charges in but Tully lifts both knees and Rich runs right into them. Tully works Rich over then goes for a piledriver but Rich back drops him over. Tully staggers up as Rich swings off the ropes and hits the Thesz Press but the bell rings as the time limit expires! Officially ruling a draw. The Ref gives Rich his belt as he retains. Rich looks a bit disappointed and starts to leave but Tully hits him with a high knee from behind that sends Rich through the ropes! Tully then grabs the TV title and leaves with it as the fans boo. 

Billy Robinson and Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Decimation (Randy Colley and Mike Shaw) w/Johnny Valiant

A rematch from last week's TV show as Johnny V claimed Robinson didn't pin the legal man so the victory shouldn't count. Billy and Jumbo were more than willing to accept a rematch. Decimation uses their power to work Billy over. They hit a double body slam and Shaw follows with a big elbow drop. Shaw tags in Colley and he hits a knee drop from the middle ropes 1..2..Jumbo breaks the pin as Johnny V throws a fit. After Jumbo got the hot tag and controlled for a bit, Decimation used heel tactics to regain momentum. They execute a double suplex on Jumbo but still couldn't put him away. Later, Billy and Jumbo take over and they put on a suplex clinic as Jumbo hits Colley with a bridging release German suplex followed by a gut wrench suplex. Billy comes in and hits a vertical suplex followed by a butterfly suplex 1..2..Shaw breaks the count. Colley finally tags in Shaw but Jumbo puts him down with a big boot and tags in Billy. Billy swings Shaw to the ropes and puts him down with a forearm blast. Colley runs in but Jumbo nails him with a high knee strike. Billy and Jumbo pick Shaw up and double powerbomb him down 1..2..3! 

Bob Sweetan and Dave Shultz vs. Soul Patrol (Koko Ware and Sweet Brown Sugar)

The Soul Patrol heads to the ring, slapping hands with the fans when they're jumped from behind by Shultz and Sweetan. Shultz and Sweetan stomp them down, then throw Sugar into the crowd! The fans are in riot mode as Shultz and Sweetan yell back at them. Shultz body slams Ware on the concrete then Sweetan hoists him up and Shultz grabs Ware's boots. The fans are screaming as they're going to spike piledrive Ware on the concrete! All of a sudden Sugar nails Shultz from the side with a dropkick that sends him flying as Ware uses the moment to back drop Sweetan over! Sugar helps Ware up as security runs out to prevent an all out war. The match never started so it's a No Contest. 

Battle Royal- Winner gets an AWA World Title shot at a later date

Verne made a decision that all managers are banned from ringside. 

Participants- Tony Atlas, Harley Race, Terry Funk, Phil Hickerson, Cocoa Samoa, Adrian Street, Austin Idol, Hercules Ayala, Bobby Jaggers, Don Bass, Dream Machine, Scott Ferris, and Bruiser Brody! 

The battle royal is full of top names and every one of them wants that AWA world title shot. Lot's of bad blood in the ring as the guys that have been feuding start going at it. Cocoa is just pounding away on Street in the corner. Idol and Ayala are having a vicious exchange. Atlas and Hickerson trade blows. Funk and Race are fighting all over the ring. Dream Machine and Don Bass are working over Bobby Jaggers. The crowd goes crazy as Brody lifts Ferris over his head and throws him over the top rope! 

Jaggers is on the ropes, Bass and Dream Machine go for a double clothesline but Jaggers ducks and uses the momentum to back drop them over the top rope! 

Street chokes Cocoa on the ropes but Cocoa fires up and a jumping headbutt sends Street flying over the top rope. Street regroups and wont leave and distracts Cocoa which allows Brody to come from behind and hurl him over the top rope! Street takes advantage and stomps away on Cocoa before leaving.

Hickerson body slams Atlas and chokes him with his boot. Atlas makes a comeback and punches away. Atlas picks Hickerson up for a body slam and dumps him over the top rope! Hickerson is throwing a fit and flips over chairs as officials guide him away.

Idol and Ayala are brawling and end up brawling up and over the top rope and keep brawling to the back. 

It's down to Brody, Atlas, Jaggers, Funk and Race. 

Race and Funk trade punches. Race gets the upper hand and punches Funk to the ropes. Race goes for a big punch but Funk ducks and back drops Race over the top rope! Race is furious and goes back up on the apron. Funk goes to hit him but Brody nails him with a big boot to the back of the head that sends Funk over the top rope and into Race. They both crash down on the outside! 

Jaggers and Atlas are wrestling against the ropes. Brody goes over and hurls both men over. Atlas lands on the outside but Jaggers is still on the apron. While Atlas gets up, Phil Hickerson comes from out of nowhere and rams Atlas into the steel post! 

Brody thinks he won. Jaggers rolls back in. Jaggers runs at Brody and nails him with a clothesline from behind. Brody falls to his knees. Jaggers picks up Brody and goes to throw him over the top rope but Brody elbows him in the gut, grabs him by his hair and hurls Jaggers over the top rope! 

Bruiser Brody wins the battle royal! He storms around the ring huffing and making wild facial expressions. 

Intermission

For the AWA Southern Tag Team Titles

Chavo and Mando Guerrero vs. The Nightmares

This match was determined because Shultz and Sweetan put the champs, the Fabulous Ones out of action by piledriving them both on the concrete. 

These teams put on a tag team showcase tonight as they battle close to 30 minutes. Both teams put everything out there as they both want to become Southern tag champs. The Guerreros use high flying and double teaming moves when they're in control. The Nightmares show off their chemistry with some solid double teaming as well. The Nightmares are in control as Wayne hits a backbreaker on Chavo and Davis fly's off the top rope with a knee drop 1..2..Chavo gets his foot on the rope. Davis swings Chavo to the ropes but Chavo leapfrogs over and tags in Mando, who comes in with fists flying. Guerreros take control. They double back drop Wayne, rolling him out of the ring. Mando swings Davis to the ropes and punches him in the gut while Chavo comes off the top rope with a sunset flip but the Ref is distracted by Jimmy Hart, who appears on the apron! The Ref is yelling at Jimmy to get down. Mando heads over. While that distraction is going on, Wayne climbs to the top rope with a foreign object in his hand and crashes down and nails Chavo on the back of his head! Wayne puts Davis on top. Mando grabs Jimmy Hart by his shirt. Wayne yells at the Ref. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Wayne pulls Davis out of the ring as Mando pushes Jimmy away and checks on Chavo. Jimmy frantically grabs the Southern titles and gives them to the Nightmares as the fans boo. The big surprise sure did help the Nightmares.

AWA TNT Title Bout

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. Wahoo McDaniel 

These two have been going at it for awhile but tonight the title is finally on the line. Wahoo dominates early with chops that send Bock rolling out of the ring. Wahoo doesn't play this game and goes out after him. Wahoo unloads and hurls Bock back in the ring. Bock spends the next few minutes bumping hard as Wahoo chops, punches and slams him all around the ring. Bock eventually gets control with a desperate eye gouge. Bock hits a few suplexes then works on the leg. Bock hits a seated senton to Wahoo's leg followed by a couple leg snaps and stomps to the leg. Bock then clamps on the figure four! The fans chant Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo! Wahoo uses all his strength and reaches the ropes. A frustrated Bock releases but gives him a couple stomps. Bock swings Wahoo to the ropes and goes for a backdrop but Wahoo kicks him and sends Bock flying. Wahoo regroups and gets control. Wahoo chops away on Bock in the corner, swings him to the opposite corner, Bock staggers into a back drop, staggers up and gets a big chop. Wahoo is still limping but goes for a vertical suplex. His leg wobbles and he falls down. Bock regroups and once again applies the figure four! Wahoo fights it as Bock wrenches away. Bock then grabs the ropes for leverage and continues to wrench away. The Ref sees Wahoo pass out and signals for the bell! The fans don't like it as Bock retains the TNT Title. 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Sheiks (Jerry Blackwell and Ken Patera) (C) w/Adnan vs. Rick Martel and Curt Hennig

Everybody is in the ring but Curt Hennig. Martel and the Ref are having an intense conversation as Adnan and the Sheiks are yelling at them. The Ref is shaking his head but Martel is putting his fists up towards the Sheiks. Finally an announcement is made. Curt Hennig cant compete tonight. Rather than forfeit Martel says he's going at it alone! 

The fans cheer Martel and his guts while Adnan and the Sheiks laugh at him. The laughing stops when Martel hits both Sheiks with a drop kick. Martel grabs Adnan and hurls him over the top rope as the crowd comes unglued. Martel defiantly holds his own for awhile and takes it to them. Martel swings Patera to the turnbuckles and follows with a body slam then goes to the apron and hits his Sling Shot Splash 1..2..Blackwell drops an elbow. This was the beginning of the end as the numbers game proved to be to much. The Sheiks spend the next few minutes double teaming Martel. The end comes when Patera hits Martel with a swinging full nelson slam and Blackwell finished it off with a big splash for the pin! The Sheiks retain but Martel proved he's one tough customer. 

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler

This is the one Memphis has been waiting for. Lawler gives them one heck of an entrance as he rides a horse to the ring. Hogan has been a huge fan favorite champion but this is Lawler country. The announcements are made, Hogan and Lawler are having words. Lawler motions around making sure Hogan knows where he's at. Hogan doesn't play heel but let's Lawler know the title is coming home with him. 

Slow pace to start as they lock up a few times and Hogan just throws Lawler back against the turnbuckles every time. Lawler eventually gets Hogan in a headlock but Hogan back suplexes out of it. Lawler swings Hogan to the ropes but Hogan puts him down with a shoulder block. Lawler gets up and Hogan grabs him then hoists him above his head! Hogan then throws Lawler across the ring and flexes. Lawler rolls against the turnbuckles with a shocked look and needs to regroup. 

Hogan gets Lawler in a headlock but Lawler lifts Hogan up and Atomic Drops him. Hogan bounces to the turnbuckles. Lawler hops up on the middle ropes and the fans cheer as Lawler hammers away on Hogan. Lawler hops down. Hogan staggers forward and Lawler picks him up and body slams him down as the crowd goes crazy! Lawler hops up on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Hogan kicks out! 

Lawler swings Hogan to the turnbuckles and charges in but Hogan comes forward and puts Lawler down with a clothesline. Hogan uses this time to regroup. Hogan body slams Lawler then body slams him again and follows with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Lawler kicks out! Hogan continues to work Lawler over but the fans start cheering Lawler on. Lawler slowly starts to punch Hogan then picks up the pace and starts firing away. Then the strap comes down! The fans go crazy as Lawler hammers away on Hogan, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Lawler swings Hogan to the turnbuckles. Hogan hits hard and staggers into a big right punch. Hogan falls against the ropes then staggers forward, Lawler picks him up and body slams him! Lawler drops an elbow 1..2..Hogan kicks out! 

Lawler is a bit frustrated. He swings Hogan to the ropes and misses a clothesline, Hogan swings back and sends Lawler flying with a double axe handle to the head! Lawler ends up outside on the apron. Lawler finally starts to rise and grabs the ropes to help himself up. Hogan walks over and vertical suplexes Lawler back in the ring. 

Hogan fires up and shakes his fists. He picks up Lawler and punches away, then swings him to the ropes and hits a big boot to the head. Hogan swings off the ropes and hits a jumping leg drop 1..2..Wait! The Ref sees Lawler's foot on the rope. Hogan thinks he won but the Ref tells him what happened. Hogan is frustrated. Hogan goes towards Lawler and out of desperation, Lawler pulls his trunks and Hogan goes through the ropes to the outside. 

Lawler regroups. Hogan gets on the apron. Lawler punches him, grabs him, takes a deep breath and vertical suplexes him back in the ring! The fans cheer as Lawler hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop! The fans go wild as Lawler grabs Hogan, hoists him up and hits the PILEDRIVER! The Ref counts 1..2..(Hogan gets his foot on the rope but the Ref doesn't see it) 3!!!!!!!

The fans blow the roof off the Mid South Coliseum! Lawler cant believe it! The Ref gets the world title, hands it to Lawler and raises his arm in victory. 

The show ends with Lawler holding up the AWA World Title to a raging sell out Memphis crowd! 

And this is the reason I kept asking you to do a new project.  You nailed it!  From the opening to the midcard to the main events... great job.  Ratymus is one of those guys who seems like he should have been a bigger star in real life and you have him causing some serious havoc here.  Will Putski and McGraw be able to handle him?  We will just have to wait and see.  Nice job getting the Wildfire-Tully feud off to an even start.  I could see this gong either when in the end.  Decimation is too big boys but Robinson and Jumbo had to come out with the win.  Robinson is an all time great and Jumbo is here to show off for Japan and they is no way he would agree to do the job on the first ESPN super show. I remember the first time I saw Bob Sweetan on tv.  He went in and saved Eric Embry from a beating from Tully Blanchard and he just seemed like one bad ass.  Well I give Koko and Sweet Brown Sugar a whole lot of credit standing up to not only Sweetan but Dave Schultz.  And then comes the Battle Royal with the winner getting a title shot.  There were like 8 names there that I would love to see go for the title and Bruiser is one of them.  That is going to be awesome.  Jimmy Hart and the Nightmares just seems like a perfect combo.  Between the Guerreros and the Fab Ones, Hart better save some of his dirty tricks for the future as this is one stacked division.  Bockwinkle vs Wahoo would be a classic and I love the way Bock grabs the ropes to add leverage to get the win.  He might have been as good as Flair at breaking the rules.  Martel gave it his all but the Sheiks are just too much.  Hennig must really be hurt to give up the ESPN spotlight.  What will Allstar Wrestling do with Martel going forward?  Who will battle the Sheiks?  I guess we will have to tune in next week!

And then the crazy title change!  Lawler really does own Memphis and that includes the ref.  Lawler must be sending thank you letters to Jerry Jarrett for making the deal with Verne to join the AWA.  What is next for Hogan... He just signed that new multi-year deal so he is not heading to the WWF.  

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction San Antonio TX, 1-25-84

TNT.jpg

The show opens with a highlight music video of the ESPN Super show from Memphis. Highlights include Bruiser Brody winning the Battle Royal, Bockwinkel retaining the TNT title over Wahoo. Nightmares winning the AWA Southern Titles against the Guerreros. Tommy Rich retaining the TV Title in a draw with Tully Blanchard but Tully steals the TV title and leaves the ring with it. And in the end, Jerry Lawler defeats Hulk Hogan to win the AWA World Title! 

Stack: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling from the Junction, I'm Steve Stack and we have a great show lined up. Bobby Jaggers takes on Adrian Street, Ivan Putski will go one on one with Ratamyus and we will have a blockbuster main event as Terry Funk clashes with Harley Race. The winner of that match will get a TNT Title match with Nick Bockwinkel, this weekend at the Freeman Coliseum. 

Well, we all saw it, Jerry The King Lawler is the new AWA World Champion. The replay showed Hulk Hogan did have his foot on the rope before the count of three but Verne Gagne said the decision will stand. Jerry Lawler is out of town this weekend but will return to Memphis next week on TV. Congratulations to The King and I know we're all looking forward to his comments next week. Right now let's go to the ring. 

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Zeke Andrews

Atlas gets the crowd going as he uses his power to work over Andrews. Atlas hits a back drop then hoists Andrews up in the Military Press position. He presses him a couple times then slams him down. Atlas follows with a body splash to get the pin! The fans cheer as Atlas gives them a double bicep pose.

Atlas cuts a promo at the podium. He warns Phil Hickerson and Johnny Valiant that he's coming after them full force and they better be ready for a first class whoop'n! 

Commercial Break

Jerry Jarrett is with Steve Stack at the podium. He demands that Tully Blanchard comes out and returns the TV title. The fans boo as Tully arrogantly walks out with the title on his shoulder.

Tully: (Takes the title and gently sets it on the podium) Jarrett, you know as well as I do that I should be the rightful owner of that title. You don't want a country bumpkin like Tommy Rich representing TNT Television. Now, give me a rematch and I'll be on my way.

Jerry: I'm sorry Tully but it's not that easy. Because of your actions, you need to earn another shot. Here's what I'm going to do. You will be involved in a 4 man tournament and the winner will receive a TV title shot. The first round matches will begin next week. Austin Idol will face Hercules Ayala and you will face the former AWA Light heavyweight champ, Rock n Roll Buck Zumhofe. 

Tully: I figured you would be protecting Rich from me. Fine, it doesn't matter. I'll win the tournament and then Rich is mine and this time I'm walking away with the title and you wont be able to do anything about it! 

Stack: Big news regarding the TV title. Let's go to the ring as one of those contenders is set for action. 

'Rock n Roll' Buck Zumhofe vs. Neil Swanson 

Buck is all smiles as he tunes up for his chance at the TV title. He takes Swanson over with arm drags and hip tosses then hits a high drop kick. Buck hops up on the middle ropes. Swanson staggers up and Buck hits a flying body press for the pin! The fans cheer as Buck pumps his fists to them but Tully Blanchard runs in and hits Buck from behind with a high knee! The fans boo as Tully executes the Sling Shot Suplex! Tully motions around his waist, saying the TV title will be his! 

Commercial Break

AWA Southern Tag Team Champs The Nightmares w/Jimmy Hart vs. Gary Williams and Mike Rooney

Hart has both tag titles on his shoulders as he spends most of the time gloating to the fans. The Nightmares look good tonight as they double team and work over their opponents. The finish comes when Wayne hits Williams with a shoulder breaker and Davis crashes down off the top rope with a flying knee on the shoulder for the pin! The fans boo as Jimmy Hart runs in and hands the Nightmares the titles. 

Hart and the Nightmares head to the podium.

Hart: (Laughing) Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Stack baby, are the Nightmares geniuses or what. They knew my guidance, brilliance and expertise would get them the titles and guess what? They were right! Baby, this is only the beginning of something beautiful. You're looking at the greatest team in the AWA baby and they're going to knock every team in TNT down and then they're going to take the AWA World titles baby! 

The fans cheer as Mando and Chavo Guerrero walk out. They tell Hart and the Nightmares they cheated their way to victory and they deserve a rematch. The teams almost come to blows but Hart guides his men to the back while yelling "I decide who gets a shot baby" 

Commercial Break

Stack informs everybody that Jimmy Hart doesn't decide who gets title shots and that The Nightmares will defend against the Guerreros this weekend at the Freeman Coliseum. Back to the ring. 

'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda vs. 'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers

Street and Linda have been causing a lot of problems for Cocoa Samoa lately and Street has been doing a good job ducking Samoa. Jaggers arrives here in TNT with a tough reputation. Street spends a lot of time stalling while Linda keeps distracting Jaggers. Finally Jaggers grabs Street, swings him to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash then follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Linda distracts the Ref from the apron. The Ref is warning Linda. Jaggers heads over and is pointing at Linda. Street staggers up, runs over and hits Jaggers from behind with a high knee, then chokes Jaggers on the ropes. The Ref backs him off and this allows Linda to choke Jaggers on the ropes. This is repeated a couple more times until Cocoa Samoa comes to ringside! The fans roar as Cocoa backs off Linda. Street is throwing a tantrum. Street goes to the ropes and is yelling down at Cocoa. Cocoa looks up at him and smiles. Jaggers spins Street around and kicks him in the gut then hits the Hangman's Neckbreaker 1..2..3!! 

The fans go wild as Jaggers holds up his fist to them. Cocoa nods in approval. Linda rushes in the ring to check on Street. 

Commercial Break

Hercules Ayala vs. Paul Rooney 

Ayala will face his current rival Austin Idol next week in the TV title contender tournament. Ayala body slams Rooney several times then executes a backbreaker. Ayala lifts Rooney up and clamps on the Bearhug to get the submission victory! 

Ayala cuts a promo and says he couldn't be happier to face Idol next week in the tournament. He says he's going to pummel Idol down then move on for a shot at the TV title. 

After Ayala leaves, Johnny Valiant and his team Decimation (Mike Shaw and Randy Colley) show up at the podium. 

Valiant: Steve, a lot happening in TNT and brother a lot is happening with yours truly. Standing behind me is the most devastating tag team in TNT, Decimation. Now I've got some big plans in the works, plans that will benefit myself and this team. I would like to officially announce that I have sold the contracts of Decimation to a man that will no doubt lead them to gold. This isn't just an ordinary man, no sir. This man has a proven killer instinct. The kind of killer instinct that Decimation deserves. Ladies and Gentleman, Decimation's new manager...Stan the man Stasiak! 

Stasiak walks out to boos and shakes hands with Valiant. Decimation applaud Stasiak and shake his hand. 

Stasiak: Everybody has seen what Decimation is capable of but let me tell you all something, you aint seen nothing yet! 

Commercial Break

Soul Patrol vs. Keith Sampson and Roy Turner 

Koko Ware and Sweet Brown Sugar almost suffered the same fate as the Fabulous Ones at the ESPN show but thankfully they were able to fight off Sweetan and Shultz. Soul Patrol look crisp tonight as they work over their opponents with quick tags and high flying maneuvers. The finish comes when Sugar hits Turner with a Missile dropkick then tags in Ware who finishes him off with a Gourdbuster! 

Soul Patrol cut a promo on Sweetan and Shultz, saying they've brought out their aggressive side and they're going to take that aggression out on them! 

Commercial Break

TNT AWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel is with Steve Stack. Stack announces Nick will get his AWA World Title Match with Jerry Lawler in 3 weeks at the Louisville Gardens. Stack also reminds Bock that he will be defending the TNT title against the winner of tonight's main event between Terry Funk and Harley Race.

Bock: Finally I have received something that is long overdue, my rightful shot at the AWA World Title. I hope one Jerry Lawler enjoys every minute of his reign because it's going to be a very short one. Now, don't think for one moment that I'm overlooking my obligations as TNT champion. Just ask Wahoo McDaniel. My focus is always on the task at hand. Whether it be Terry Funk or Harley Race, the outcome will be the same. Nick Bockwinkel getting his hand raised. 

Ratamyus vs. 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski

The fans cheer Putski on as he's ready to explode on Ratamyus when the bell rings. Putski charges over but Ratamyus throws a powdered substance in his face! Putski holds his eyes and stumbles back. Ratamyus nails him with a knee to the face then throws him out of the ring. Putski's partner Rick McGraw rushes out but the Cuban Assassin nails him from behind and throws him into the steel post! Ratamyus grabs a wooden chair. Putski is in a haze when he staggers up. Ratamyus slams the chair on Putski's head and the chair shatters everywhere! Putski is busted open and knocked out! Prelim wrestlers run out to break this up. 

Commercial Break

Stack: What a despicable act by Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassin. McGraw had to be helped out while Putski was taken out on a stretcher. We hope to have an update on their condition next week. Ratamyus is out of control. Ok fans, before we get to our stellar main event. TNT TV returns next week in Memphis as you will see 2 opening round tournament matches for a TV title shot. You will also see the TV champ himself Tommy Rich....

The fans boo as Austin Idol walks out.

Idol: TNT wouldn't be a show without an appearance by the Universal Heartthrob baby. (Idol flexes) Let me let the cat out of the bag and inform everybody that you're looking at the winner of the tournament and next TV champion. That weakling Ayala has already felt my power and he's gonna feel it again next week Jack! I cant wait to beat him down again! Oh that's going to be so much fun! 

Stack: Ok, strong words from Austin Idol, fans lets go to our big main event with the winner getting a TNT title shot. 

Terry Funk vs. Harley Race

Winner gets a TNT title shot this weekend at the Freeman Coliseum. 

These two have had quite the rivalry of late with neither man gaining an advantage. A lot at stake in this match up. Race gains control early with an eye rake followed by a hanging suplex. Race swings off the ropes and hits a delayed knee drop then swings off the ropes and crashes down with a delayed headbutt 1..2..Funk lifts his shoulder! Race yells at the Ref while holding up 3 fingers. Race picks up Funk but Funk punches him in the gut and hits a Jaw Breaker! Both men are down. Funk staggers up and stomps on Race. Funk swings Race to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline. Funk picks Race up and executes a Russian Legsweep 1..2..Race gets his shoulder up! 

Funk swings Race to the turnbuckles and charges in but Race lifts his knee and Funk hits it head first. Race regroups and hits a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Funk gets his foot on the rope. A frustrated Race grabs Funk's hair and punches away on him. Race clamps on a headlock and hits him with several closed fists. Race swings Funk into the turnbuckle then smashes his head on it several times. Race snapmares Funk over and hits him with a knee to the back. Race executes a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Funk barely gets his shoulder up.

Race is berating the Ref. Race grabs Funk and swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Funk kicks him and drops him with a snap DDT 1..2..3!!!!! 

The crowd goes crazy as Funk pulls off the pin out of nowhere! The show ends with Race and Funk lying side by side as the Ref reaches down and raises Funk's arm. Terry Funk receives a TNT title shot. 

TNT doesn't miss a beat after the ESPN show.  Atlas is a star at this time and if he can get by Hickerson, big things could be in store for him.  I love the attention the TV title is getting.  I remember many TV champs just gave us a semi-good match for TV in the 80's but you are giving it some star power and serious attention.  The tag team division is stacked and can't wait to see all of its twist and turns... first up... the Nightmares and the Guerreros.  Jimmy Hart might just be the enough to swing the balance of this feud but we will have to wait and see.  Exotic Adrian vs Jaggers, Putski vs Ratymus and Funk vs Race.... Your version of tv shows totally crushes what it was in the 1980's and yet there is some much left for the house shows to draw the crowds.  Great job!

I think that Tsuruta would be a better fit as a singles competitor, with Robinson sliding down the card.  Imagine a match between Jumbo & Wahoo. the chop fest would be incredible. I would push Idol to the moon and he could challenge Bockwinkle and possibly turn face. If you wouldn't want to do that, a stable of Idol/Blanchard/Bock could be gold.

1 hour ago, Captain Redneck said:

I think that Tsuruta would be a better fit as a singles competitor, with Robinson sliding down the card.  Imagine a match between Jumbo & Wahoo. the chop fest would be incredible. I would push Idol to the moon and he could challenge Bockwinkle and possibly turn face. If you wouldn't want to do that, a stable of Idol/Blanchard/Bock could be gold.

I was always a huge fan of Austin Idol and I do have big plans for him. The man's charisma was off the charts. I don't want to reveal any spoilers but I have something in store for Tsuruta. 

19 hours ago, kevinmcfl said:

TNT doesn't miss a beat after the ESPN show.  Atlas is a star at this time and if he can get by Hickerson, big things could be in store for him.  I love the attention the TV title is getting.  I remember many TV champs just gave us a semi-good match for TV in the 80's but you are giving it some star power and serious attention.  The tag team division is stacked and can't wait to see all of its twist and turns... first up... the Nightmares and the Guerreros.  Jimmy Hart might just be the enough to swing the balance of this feud but we will have to wait and see.  Exotic Adrian vs Jaggers, Putski vs Ratymus and Funk vs Race.... Your version of tv shows totally crushes what it was in the 1980's and yet there is some much left for the house shows to draw the crowds.  Great job!

Thanks Kev, I really want to make the TV title prestigious. I'm having fun with the tag teams and it's going to really heat up when the Fabulous Ones return.

LOL, you know me, I love the mid card feuds.  

TNT Wrestling @ Freeman Coliseum 1-27-84

'Rock n Roll' Buck Zumhofe vs. Scott Ferris

Buck gets in a good tune up as he prepares for his upcoming TV title tournament match with Tully Blanchard. Ferris gets in some hard hitting offense but a missed clothesline attempt allows Buck to swing back off the ropes with a flying press to get the pin! 

'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers vs. Terry Gibbs

Gibbs is a tough customer and gets in his hits but Jaggers comes back swinging. Jaggers nails Gibbs with a back elbow smash off the ropes then follows with a Hangman's Neckbreaker for the pin! The fans cheer as Jaggers gets his bullrope and raises it to the crowd. 

Jumbo Tsuruta and Billy Robinson vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak 

Decimation is still looking for some revenge on Tsuruta and Billy after taking 2 losses. This time they have Stasiak in their corner and it shows as Decimation takes early control with some hard hitting power. They work over Billy with double body slams and keeping him in their corner. Billy eventually makes the tag to Tsuruta and Tsuruta goes to work. Tsuruta chops Shaw through the ropes then works over Colley with a series of suplexes. Later on, Billy is back in and works Shaw over with European uppercuts then hits a big German suplex but Colley breaks it. All four men are brawling. Tsuruta sends Colley flying with a big boot. The Ref guides Tsuruta to his corner. Billy slams Shaw, hops on the middle ropes but Stasiak gets on the apron and levels Billy with a foreign object! Shaw staggers up, swings off the ropes and hits a big splash! The Ref runs over 1..2..3! Decimation celebrates with Stasiak on the outside. Tsuruta is looking down at Billy and is wondering what happened. Stasiak is yelling something to Tsuruta. 

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Phil Hickerson w/Johnny Valiant

Atlas starts with fire as he hammers away on Hickerson with punches, headbutts, thrusts and body slams. Valiant changes things with a distraction and Hickerson capitalizes. Hickerson hits some body slams then chokes Atlas with his boot. Hickerson drops a knee and almost gets the pin. The fans fire Atlas up as he slowly starts punching away. Valiant gets on the apron but Atlas grabs him. Hickerson charges over but Atlas moves and Hickerson sends Valiant flying off the apron. Atlas rolls up Hickerson 1..2..3! The fans roar as Atlas waves to them. 

Soul Patrol vs. Bob Sweetan and Dave Shultz

Bad blood stemming from Sweetan and Shultz's pre match attack on ESPN last week. Shultz and Sweetan head to the ring but are attacked from behind by the Soul Patrol. Ware and Sugar hammer away on the outside. Both teams brawl all around the ring and to the back resulting in another No Contest! 

TV Champ Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich, Hercules Ayala and Cocoa Samoa 

vs.

Tully Blanchard, 'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol and 'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda

These guys give the fans over 30 minutes of non stop action. Of course Street managed to avoid Cocoa most of the match. Idol and Ayala had furious exchanges. Rich and Tully beat each other to a pulp. Everybody got their moments to shine. In the chaotic finish, Idol and Ayala punched each other threw the ropes and were brawling around the ring. Rich hit a Thesz Press on Tully. The Ref was telling Rich he isn't the legal man. While that was happening, Cocoa is on the middle ropes, pounding down on Street but Linda gets up on the apron. She pulls something out and is ready to spray Cocoa's eyes but Cocoa hops down quick and pulls Street in front of him. Linda sprays Street in the eyes! Cocoa body slams Street then hops on the middle ropes and hits a splash 1..2..3! The crowd erupts!  

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

Nightmares (C) w/Jimmy Hart vs. The Guerreros

Fantastic match as these two teams shine. The momentum switches back and forth several times with each team showing off their chemistry. At one point the Nightmares hit a double back elbow smash on Chavo then followed with a double elbow drop but couldn't put him away. Guerreros showed off their teamwork by double drop kicking Davis out of the ring then followed with a double suplex on Wayne. At the 40 minute mark, Chavo nailed a sunset flip on Davis but Wayne nailed Chavo with a clothesline. Mando comes in and drop kicks Wayne to the corner then starts punching away. The Ref goes over to break it up. Jimmy Hart is yelling at the Ref. Chavo staggers up but Davis nails him with a lowblow! While the Ref is guiding Mando back to his corner, Jimmy Hart runs around the ring and is yelling up at Mando. Mando hops down and chases Hart around the ring. The Nightmares hit a double atomic drop on Chavo. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Nightmares retain the titles! Mando realizes what happened and runs in the ring to check on Chavo. Hart celebrates with the Nightmares as they raise their titles up to the booing crowd. 

AWA TNT Title Bout 

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. Terry Funk

Funk earned this match with a hard fought victory over Harley Race on TV. Bock is gearing up for an AWA World title bout with Lawler but is more than focused at the task at hand. These two wrestling greats put on a classic that goes 45 minutes. Bock spends a lot of time working over Funk's back with body slams and backbreakers and follows all this up with a Boston Crab but Funk miraculously reached the ropes. Tides turn when Bock missed a charge and hit the turnbuckles. Funk hit a Russian Leg Sweep then went to work. Funk stomps away then hits a hanging suplex followed by a gut wrench suplex then a back suplex but still couldn't put Bock away. Momentum changes again when Funk went for a back drop but Bock kicks him and follows with a quick forearm blast. Bock goes to work on the legs with several leg snaps and a shin breaker. Bock clamps on the figure four! Funk wont submit. A frustrated Bock grabs the ropes and wrenches away. Funk is almost out but the Ref sees Bock use the ropes and forces him to break! The fans cheer as Bock berates the Ref. Bock goes after Funk but Funk kicks him in the gut, grabs his head and hits a Bulldog! Both men are down. Funk eventually staggers up and limps around then starts punching away on Bock. Funk swings Bock to the ropes and hits a clothesline. Funk picks up Bock and executes a swinging neckbreaker. The fans are cheering as Funk is fired up! Boos hit as Harley Race appears at ringside in street clothes. Harley is yelling up at Funk. Funk limps over and points down and warns Harley. Things gets heated as Funk goes to the ropes. Bock wobbles up, charges over and clips Funk's knee from behind! Bock grabs Funk and cradles him 1..2..3! The fans boo as Nick Bockwinkel retains the AWA TNT Title! Bock grabs his title and exits the ring. Harley gets in the ring. Harley stomps down on Funk then hoists him up and crashes him down with a Piledriver! Garbage hits the ring as Harley gives Funk a stomp before leaving. 

The fans in the Freeman Coliseum sure got their monies worth.  A lot of matches ended just they way the fans wanted from Atlas to Zumhofe to the big 6 man tag match which by the way I loved.  You always seem to get these big tag matches to hype up a few feuds at a time.  The times you had the heels win, it was always in great heel fashion.  From Stasiak and Hart getting involved to Harley Race coming down to ringside, there was always a legit reason the babyface lost.  This always you to build heat on for the heels and love for the babyfaces.  Great show... something must give between Funk, Bock and Race.  These are three huge names all running in the same circle!  Can't wait for the next show.

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roane Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 2-1-84

TNT.jpg

Footage is shown from the Freeman Coliseum as Harley Race distracts Terry Funk, allowing Nick Bockwinkel to take advantage and retain his TNT Title. After the match Harley Race piledrives Funk. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling on the USA Network. Big show lined up as we will have the two first round tournament matches to determine a number one contender for the TV title. Those matches will be Tully Blanchard against Buck Zumhofe and Austin Idol clashes with current rival Hercules Ayala. All this and a lot more. Speaking of the Louisville card, Nick Bockwinkel will get his shot at the AWA World Title against my guest, the champ himself, Jerry the King Lawler! 

The fans erupt as Lawler walks out with the AWA title on his shoulder. 

Lance: Welcome back to Memphis King. I know these fans love seeing you with the world title. I must address the controversy in that match as Hogan did have his foot on the rope during the three count. 

Lawler: Lance, the bottom line is my hand was raised here in Memphis and Verne Gagne himself ruled on that. Now you know I've never backed down from a challenge so when Hogan returns from Japan, the King will give him his rematch. But right now I have some huge news. Terry Funk, come on out! 

More cheers as Funk storms out.

Funk: Harley Race! You egg suck'n coward! Everybody saw what you did. I'm not going to cry about it, instead I did something about it. Jerry Jarrett agreed to this and made it happen. Tonight, myself and Jerry Lawler get to have a match with Race and Nick Bockwinkel! 

The fans go crazy! 

Lawler: And I wont have to wait until Louisville to get my hands on that whining Bockwinkel. 

Lance: Whoa! What a bombshell! That will be explosive! Ok, let's get to the ring. 

Tully Blanchard vs. Rock n Roll Buck Zumhofe

1st round tournament match

Buck hasn't forgot that attack by Tully last week and starts the match with fire. He works Tully over with hip tosses, arm drags and drop kicks. The tide turns when Buck goes for a back drop and Tully kicks him. Tully hits multiple elbow drops on Buck then follows with several knee drops. Tully hoists Buck up and finishes him off with a slingshot suplex for the pin! Tully advances to the finals. Tully motions around his waist that the title will be his. 

Commercial Break

'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers vs. Gary Williams

The fans cheer as Jaggers raises his bullrope to them. This match is all Jaggers as he puts Williams down with a back elbow smash then follows with a Hangman's Neckbreaker for the pin! 

Jaggers cuts a promo and says he's here for the competition and wants some gold! 

'Exotic' Adrian Street w/ Miss Linda vs. Paul Rooney

Street is skipping around the ring looking flamboyant as ever. During the match he's choking Rooney with his boot on the ropes. The Ref breaks him off which allows Linda to get her shots in. Street swings Rooney to the ropes and hits the Hotshot for the pin! 

Street cuts a promo and says in Louisville he's going to finish Cocoa Samoa off for good and give him a makeover he wont ever forget! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Before we get to our next match, please welcome the TNT TV champ, Wildfire Tommy Rich. 

Rich waves to the cheering fans and holds up his title

Lance: Well Tommy, we have a tournament going on with the winner facing you on February 16th at the Louisville Gardens. Tully Blanchard has advanced and will face the winner of the Idol, Ayala match. Any thoughts?

Rich: Lance, I'm fired up here in Memphis and fired up to be the TV champ! Competition is what it's all about and it doesn't matter who I face because Tommy Rich is going to remain champ for a long long time brother! 

Lance: Ok fans there you have it. Back to the ring. 

Boos hit as Tully Blanchard struts out.

Tully: Don't gloss over things Rich. You saw what I did to a former Light heavyweight champ and it doesn't matter who wins the next match because I'm the one getting a shot that's rightfully mine anyways. Your days as champ are numbered and you can think about this in the meantime.

Tully takes a swing but Rich was waiting for it and blocks it then puts Tully down with a big right fist! 

Lance: Oh my, fans lets go to a commercial.

Commercial Break

Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin vs. Tom Casper and William Hillman

Ratamyus and Assassin break just about every rule as they dismantle their opponents. Assassin hits a swinging neckbreaker on Casper then tags in Ratamyus. Ratamyus clamps on the Sleeper and its lights out as the Ref signals for the bell. Hillman runs in to help his partner but Assassin hits him with a charging knee that sends him through the ropes. Ratamyus stomps on Casper before going to the outside. Assassin holds up Hillman as Ratamyus grabs a chair and smashes it over Hillman's head, busting him open! 

Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin storm the podium as Lance Russell gets out of there quick. Cuban grabs the mic. 

Cuban: That was for you Putski and McGraw! You better think twice before you return! If that didn't do it, watch this! 

Ratamyus and Assassin run back to the ring. The Ref is helping Casper up but Assassin and Ratamyus beat him down! They keep hammering away until wrestlers from the back come out to stop this madness. 

Commercial Break

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Frank Silvero 

After what just happened the fans need something to cheer about. Atlas is the man for the job as he thrills the crowd with his power. Atlas military presses Frank up and slams him down then follows with a big splash for the pin! 

Atlas cuts a promo and says he's throwing his name in for a TNT title shot! The fans cheer hard for this. 

Mando and Chavo Guerrero vs. Terry Gibbs and Scott Ferris

The Guerreros wanted a tough TV match to get them back on track. Gibbs and Ferris do give them a challenge but once the Guerreros got rolling they kept on rolling as they worked over their opponents with solid teamwork and outstanding chemistry. The finish sees Mando vertical suplex Gibbs then tag in Chavo. Ferris charges in but Chavo drop kicks him through the ropes, then climbs to the top rope. Mando swings Gibbs to the ropes and hits him with a punch to the mid section, Chavo hits a sunset flip from the top rope and gets the pin! The fans cheer as the Guerreros stand tall. 

Commercial Break 

'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Hercules Ayala

1st round tournament match

These two rivals come out swinging and keep swinging. They brawl through the ropes, around the ring and back into the ring, then back to the outside. They hammer away on each other until the bell rings, signaling a double countout. They both back off and have looks of disappointment as they just realized they lost out on a TV title shot. They look at each other in anger and start hammering away on each other again. They fight into the commercial break.

Commercial break 

Lance: Well with Ayala and Idol battling to a double countout, that means Tully Blanchard will receive the TV title shot against Tommy Rich in Louisville. I've just been informed that also on that Louisville card, Austin Idol and Hercules Ayala will do battle in a taped fist match. Fans, you wont want to miss that card on February 16th. It's now time for our huge main event. Let's go to the ring. 

AWA World Champ Jerry 'The King Lawler and Terry Funk 

VS.

AWA TNT Champ Nick Bockwinkel and Harley Race

Action packed match as all four men are on their A game for this big TV main event. Lawler and Funk dominant early with a lot of punches, elbows and knee drops. Funk gets his hands on Race and punches away then hits an atomic drop that sends Race into the turnbuckles. Race staggers back and Funk hits a back suplex 1..2..Bock breaks it but Lawler comes in and hammers away on Bock. The Ref gets control. Funk swings off the ropes but Bock hits him with a knee to the back from the apron. Funk staggers into a gut wrench suplex by Race. Race stomps on Funk then tags in Bock. Bock executes a backbreaker then clamps on the Boston Crab. Bock wrenches away but Lawler jumps off the top rope and hits Bock with a double axe handle to break the hold. Race comes in but Lawler drops the strap and punches away. Bock and Funk slowly rise and trade punches. The Ref finally gets control. Bock tags in Race but Funk grabs Race by his head and throws him into the ring. Funk clamps on a headlock and punches away on Race's head then tags in Lawler. Lawler body slams Race, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..Bock breaks it with a kick. Funk rushes in and brawls Bock to the corner. The Ref guides Funk to his corner. Race lowblows Lawler, body slams him and follows with a delayed headbutt then tags in Bock. Bock stomps away on Lawler then body slams him 1..2..Kick Out. Bock swings Lawler to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lawler stops and drops a forearm blast on Bock's head then tags in Funk. Funk hits a Russian Legsweep on Bock 1..2..Race breaks it with a knee. Once again Lawler runs in and the brawl is on. Everybody is fighting. During the chaos Funk lowblows Race then hammers away on Bock. Lawler grabs Race and hits a Piledriver! The Ref dives over and counts 1..2..3!!! Race wasn't the legal man but the Ref lost track and made the count. The fans are going nuts! Bock is throwing a tantrum. Funk and Lawler raise their fists to the crowd as the show ends. 

Upcoming TNT Wrestling @ the Louisville Gardens, Louisville Kentucky 2-16-84

AWA World Championship Title Bout 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. TNT Champ Nick Bockwinkel 

TV Title Bout

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich vs. Tully Blanchard 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout - TBA 

Taped Fist Match

'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Hercules Ayala

No DQ  

'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda vs. Cocoa Samoa

Anything Goes Tornado Match

Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin vs. Rolling Thunder (Ivan Putski and Rick McGraw) 

Good use of your tv show tohype up future matches.  I would have been all in on a show that had Tully vs Zumhofe and then you throw in Idol vs Ayala and the Super tag match with Lawler and Funk vs Race and Bockwinkle.  WOW!  I mean that is 4 of the all time greats in one ring and it was for free and all it really did was sell tickets for a future show.  Why do we find it so easy to make great shows and keep our guys white hot but I grew up on squash match after squash match!  Great show

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX 2-8-84

TNT.jpg

Steve Stack: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling, here on the USA Network. I'm your host Steve Stack and we have a huge show lined up. Tommy Rich will defend his TV title against Adrian Street. Listen to this, the Soul Patrol will take on Bob Sweetan and Dave Shultz and the winners will receive a AWA Southern Tag Team title shot against the Nightmares at the big card in Louisville next weekend. Also in action will be Phil Hickerson, Rolling Thunder, Cocoa Samoa, Buck Zumhofe, Hercules Ayala and Harley Race. We will also hear from AWA World Champ Jerry Lawler, Nick Bockwinkel, Jimmy Hart and the Nightmares, Stan Stasiak and Decimation, Tully Blanchard...

A commotion comes over the crowd as Bruiser Brody storms the podium huffing. 

Brody: Bruiser Brody is here to make one thing clear, I have a guaranteed AWA title shot from winning that battle royal. So you're looking at the next AWA champion!  Right now I'm itching to beat somebody down and next week in Louisville that someone is that little runt, Buck Zumhofe! You hear me boy! Zumhofe! You're going to be in a world of hurt next weekend! 

Stack: Oh my, ok looks like Brody will be in Louisville next weekend, let's go to the ring as his opponent on that night is ready for action. 

Rock n Roll Buck Zumhofe vs. Gary Williams

Buck works Williams over with arm drags and hip tosses then turns it up with a series of dropkicks. Buck body slams Williams then hops up on the middle ropes. Williams staggers up and Buck hits him with a flying press for the pin! Buck gets some momentum as he gets ready for the monster Bruiser Brody. 

Commercial Break 

Harley Race vs. Mike Rooney

Harley is all business as he unleashes a series of suplexes on Rooney. Harley clamps on a headlock and pounds away on Rooney's head with punches. Harley body slams Rooney and follows with a diving headbutt. Harley picks up Rooney and hits a swinging neckbreaker for the pin! 

Harley cuts a promo on his upcoming match with Terry Funk in Louisville. He says he's going to Louisville with one goal in mind, to put Funk down once and for all! 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ray Glader 

The fans cheer as Cocoa hits a high drop kick on Glader. Cocoa swings off the ropes and drops down with a knee. Cocoa hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a body splash to get the pin! 

Cocoa cuts a promo on his upcoming No DQ match with Adrian Street in Louisville. Cocoa says there's nothing Street can do to survive this match! 

Commercial Break 

Stack: Ok fans, the winners of this next match will face the AWA Southern tag team champions in Louisville next week. Before we get to that match, I wanted to bring out Jimmy Hart and the champs, the Nightmares. Jimmy, your men have been on a roll of late, any preference on who you would want to face in Louisville?

Hart: (Laughs) Oh Steve, do you think it really matters baby. The Nightmares are the best tag team in the entire AWA baby and Louisville will just be another successful title defense. Let these teams fight it out just to see who's going down in Louisville. (Laughs) 

The Nightmares hold up their titles in front of the camera before leaving. 

The Soul Patrol (Koko Ware and Sweet Brown Sugar) vs. Bob Sweetan and Dave Shultz

Winners get a AWA Southern Tag Title Match in Louisville

The fans are cheering as the Soul Patrol wait for their opponents. Boos come over the crowd as Sweetan and Shultz come out and start berating the fans. The bell rings and all four men start brawling as these teams have had some wild brawls of late. The Ref finally gets control. Soul Patrol control the early portion with high flying offense. They hit Sweetan with a double back drop and follow with a double dropkick but Shultz breaks the pin attempt. Ware fights Shultz to the corner. The Ref guides Ware back which allows Shultz to clothesline Sugar from behind. Shultz and Sweetan control the next segment with brutal double teaming. They double body slam Sugar and Shultz follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Ware breaks the count which causes Sweetan to run in. During the melee the Ref is knocked down. Shultz and Sweetan get the upper hand. The Soul Patrol are down. Sweetan runs out and gets a chair then slides it in the ring. They set up Sugar for a spike piledriver on the chair. A huge eruption from the crowd hits as the Fabulous Ones hit the ring!!!!! (The Fabs haven't been seen since they were piledrived on the concrete by Shultz and Sweetan)They fire away on Sweetan and Shultz. They pick up the chair and nail Sweetan with it, sending him through the ropes! They turn around and blast Shultz with it! The Fabs exit the ring. The Ref staggers up just as Sugar rolls over and covers Shultz 1..2..3!!! The fans go crazy! The Soul Patrol will face the Nightmares in Louisville for the tag titles. 

Commercial Break

The Fabulous Ones are at the podium. They say they're so pumped up to be back. They want the tag titles that they never lost but first they say they're going to take care of Sweetan and Shultz! Big reaction from the fans! 

Hercules Ayala vs. Terry Gibbs

Gibbs is one tough customer but tonight he's no match for Ayala. Ayala hammers away on Gibbs then executes a back breaker. Ayala picks Gibbs up and clamps on the bearhug! The pain is to much and Gibbs submits. 

Ayala cuts a promo on his upcoming taped fist match in Louisville with Austin Idol. He says this match is up his ally and he's going to straight up knock Idol out! 

After Ayala exits, Stack brings out Tully Blanchard and asks him about his upcoming TV title match with Rich but first Rich needs to get by Adrian Street tonight. 

Tully: It frustrates me to no end that a country bumpkin like Rich is holding a prestigious title that I should be holding. Rich is so off his game that I wouldn't be surprised if Street beat him for the title tonight. Make no mistake about it, that belt belongs to me! 

Commercial Break

Rolling Thunder (Ivan Putski and Rick McGraw) vs. Leo Wilson and Lou Kemp

Rolling Thunder returns to TV after taking a brutal beating from Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin a few weeks ago. They look tuned up and ready as they look crisp in the ring. McGraw hits a running knee lift on Kemp then tags in Putski. McGraw swings Kemp to the ropes and Putski puts him down with the Polish Hammer for the pin! 

Rolling Thunder is at the podium talking about their upcoming anything goes tornado match and how fired up they are. All of a sudden Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin storm out. Steve Stack gets out of there as all four men brawl! Fists are flying as they brawl all around the outside of the ring. Several wrestlers from the back come out to break it up as it fades to a commercial.

Commercial Break 

Phil Hickerson w/Johnny Valiant vs. Trent Cox

Hickerson is all over Cox as he stomps away and drops several knees. Hickerson swings Cox to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash then swings of the ropes and drops an elbow for the pin! Valiant shouts some instructions at Hickerson. Hickerson smiles as he picks up Cox by his hair and hurls him out of the ring. Valiant raises Hickerson's arm as the fans boo. 

Valiant and Hickerson go to the podium. Valiant says Hickerson has a new man on his hit list and is about to unleash his fury on him. Valiant then switches gears and says he has a new client that will be making his TNT debut very shorty. 

After Hickerson and Valiant leave, Stan Stasiak and Decimation come out. Stack informs them that they will be facing Robinson and Tsuruta in Louisville. He reminds them of their recent battles. 

Stasiak: Steve, you're looking at the most devastating tag team in wrestling! Now, with me guiding them, they cant lose. They are invincible! I understand Billy Robinson requested this match. I don't know why a international superstar like Jumbo Tsuruta is wasting his time teaming with an idiot like Robinson. The man is washed up. In Louisville, Decimation will put Robinson out to pasture. 

Commercial Break

TNT TV Title Bout 

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich (C) vs. 'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda

Fun match as Rich frustrates Street with several arm drags then puts him in an arm bar. Linda gets on the apron and yells at Rich. Rich drags Street over and twists his arm in front of her. Linda reaches out for Rich but the Ref tells her to get down. Street manages to rake the eyes. Street goes on a rule breaking assault as he gouges the eyes, rakes the back and chokes. Street chokes Rich on the ropes. The Ref backs Street off and of course Linda slaps Rich across the face. Street picks up Rich and executes a gut buster 1..2..Rich gets his shoulder up. Street is irate. Street hurls Rich outside the ring. While the Ref is having words with Street, Linda gives Rich a kick. The fans cheer as Cocoa Samoa goes to ringside! Cocoa is warning Linda. Street goes to the ropes and is yelling down at Cocoa. Rich slides into the ring and rolls Street up 1..2..Kick Out. Rich pumps his fists and starts pounding away on Street, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him. Rich executes a vertical suplex and follows with a fist drop 1..2..Linda puts his foot on the rope. Cocoa runs over and is yelling at Linda. The Ref is distracted by them. Rich picks up Street, swings him to the ropes and hits the Thesz Press! Rich has him covered but the Ref is trying to calm Cocoa and Linda down. The fans boo as Tully Blanchard hits the ring and nails Rich with several consecutive elbow drops! The Ref turns around and immediately signals for the DQ. Cocoa runs in and Tully slides out of the ring. Linda has words with Cocoa while attending to Street. Tully just smirks as he walks away.

Commercial Break 

Stack: Wow, well I think the theme of this show has been unfinished business. I hope the card in Louisville will solve most of these feuds. Speaking of Louisville, my guest at this time is the current AWA World Champion, Jerry The King Lawler. Jerry, next week in Louisville, you have a long awaited title defense against Nick Bockwinkel. 

Lawler: Steve, I said I would be a fighting champion and that's exactly what I've been. Nick has been crying for months and now he gets his wish. Nick, you get your wish but it ends with the King getting his hand raised...

Boos hit as Nick Bockwinkel arrogantly strolls out. 

Bock: Mr. Lawler, you see this here TNT title (holds title up) I want to refresh your memory and remind you that you're the one I beat for this title. That AWA World Title should be mine but I've been a very patient man. Next week I get my overdue title shot and in Louisville I will prove what I already know, I'm the better wrestler, the better athlete and better technician. I'm far more intelligent and have a lot more class. Mr. Lawler, I will be the next AWA Champion.

Lawler: The only thing you're right about is that you're next! I cant wait to punch that arrogance right off your face and let's see how that big brain of yours reacts when I piledrive it down on the mat. 

Bock steps closer as Lawler backs up and slowly takes his strap down. They have an intense stare down as the show ends. 

Upcoming TNT Wrestling @ The Gardens in Louisville KY 2-16-84

AWA World Title Bout

The Nightmares (C) w/Jimmy Hart vs. The Soul Patrol

TNT TV Title Bout

Taped Fist Match

Hercules Ayala vs. 'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol

Decimation w/Stan Stasiak vs. Jumbo Tsuruta and Billy Robinson

NO DQ

'Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda vs. Cocoa Samoa

Rolling Thunder vs. Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin

Bruiser Brody vs. Rock n Roll Buck Zumhofe

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Dave Shultz w/Bob Sweetan 

The Guerreros have agreed to face a debuting team

Great job of using your tv show to sell some tickets for your big show of the week.

I have a feeling Buck Zumhofe is in some trouble with Bruiser Brody coming after him.

What an awesome job with your tag team division. You managed to get two feuds going with one simple match.  The Nightmares vs Soul Patrol for the title might actually be second of the fans wish list as the Fab Ones vs Schultz and Sweetan would be a main event anywhere in the country.  I still need to learn how to do this.  I focus too much on titles while you use titles to sell tickets.  It is like you get double the bang for your buck the way you are doing it.

Nice win for Wildfire as Adrian Street keeps the belt hot but you know we all want Tommy vs Tully.

I enjoyed your Bockwinkle/Lawler interview.  I always found Lawler on the mic great for two reasons.  First, his one liners were funny as hell but secondly and more importantly, he always came off so confident and it didn't matter who he was facing next and you captured this nicely.

Can't wait for Louisville!  

TNT Wrestling Event @ The Gardens, Louisville KY, 2-16-84

TNT.jpg

The cameras will be rolling tonight and highlights will be shown on next week's TNT television program. 

'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers vs. Terry Gibbs

The fans have been getting behind Jaggers and he doesn't disappoint as he finishes off Gibbs with a hangman's neck breaker for the pin. Jaggers raises his bullrope and pumps his fist to the cheering crowd. 

Winner by pin- Bobby Jaggers 

Bruiser Brody vs. 'Rock n Roll' Buck Zumhofe

Zumhofe couldn't get anything going as Brody was all over him from the start. Brody puts Zumhofe down with the big boot then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop for the easy pin. Brody isn't satisfied as he stomps away on Zumhofe then goes out and gets a chair and lays it on Zumhofe's chest. Brody goes to the top rope again and crashes down with another knee drop across the chair! Zumhofe is coughing and rolling around in pain. The fans are in shock as Brody presses Zumhofe and throws him over the top rope! Security and medics run out and Zumhofe is eventually carried out on a stretcher. 

Winner by pin- Bruiser Brody

The Guerreros vs. A debuting team 

Mando and Chavo agreed to face this mystery debuting team. They wait in the ring for their opponents. The crowd is in awe as the Sheepherders make their way down the aisle! After the initial shock the bell rings. It looked like the surprise of the Sheepherders threw the Guerreros off their game as they had trouble finding their groove. They fire up at the end and everybody is brawling. The Ref guides Mando back which allows the Sheepherders to execute a double gut buster on Chavo to get the pin! 

Winners by pin- The Sheepherders

NO DQ

"Exotic' Adrian Street w/Miss Linda vs. Cocoa Samoa

This feud has been all over the TNT territory and now they get to go all out. Street skips and struts around the outside of the ring as Linda applauds. Cocoa doesn't waste any time and runs out and attacks Street! Cocoa hammers away then slams Street's head on the apron. Cocoa clamps a headlock on Street and pounds away with closed fists. Linda jumps on Cocoa's back and goes crazy. Cocoa tries to shake her off but Street kicks him in the gut. Street goes to swing Cocoa into the steel post but Cocoa reverses it and slams Street head first into the post. Street is busted open and down. Cocoa grabs Street by his hair and hurls him into the ring. Linda is yelling towards the back. Cocoa climbs to the top rope and crashes down on Street with a body splash but Cocoa doesn't cover. The fans roar as Cocoa goes to the top rope again and crashes down with another splash! Cocoa covers 1..Phil Hickerson runs in the ring and stomps on Cocoa! Johnny Valiant is out with Linda and comforting her. Hickerson stomps away on Cocoa, swings him to the ropes and executes a front slam. Hickerson swings off the ropes and hits an elbow drop. Hickerson grabs Street and puts him on top of Cocoa. The fans boo as the Ref counts 1..2..3! Linda runs in to comfort Street as Valiant leads Hickerson up the aisle. 

Winner by pin- Adrian Street

Decimation w/Stan Stasiak vs. Jumbo Tsuruta and Billy Robinson

These two teams have been in some hard hitting match ups. Tsuruta and Robinson had the upper hand in the feud until Stan Stasiak aligned himself with Decimation. Another hard hitting match going on as both teams prove to be heavy hitters. On the outside Stasiak keeps yelling over at Tsuruta. While that's going on Decimation is double teaming Robinson. They swing him to the ropes and hit a double back elbow smash. Colley hits a backbreaker and Shaw swings off the ropes and crashes down on Robinson with a big splash 1..2..3! Tsuruta runs in the ring and is wondering what happen as he looks down at Robinson. Stasiak celebrates with Decimation then starts yelling at Tsuruta. Tsuruta helps Robinson up and he needs to hold him up as Robinson is in serious pain. Tsuruta then nails Robinson with an Enziguri kick!!!! The crowd is in a stunned silence and so is Decimation. Stasiak is more than excited as he raises Tsuruta's arm to a now booing crowd. Decimation then smiles and joins in the excitement as they pat Tsuruta on his back. What just happened??? 

Winners by pin- Decimation

TNT TV Title Bout 

Everybody knows the recent history between these two men. Rich has been a fighting champion but Tully thinks he should be representing TNT on TV. These two go at it hard for the first 10 minutes with both men shining. Tully gets control as Rich goes for the Thesz Press but Tully uses the momentum to stun him on the top rope. Tully body slams Rich then drops several elbows on him and covers 1..2..Rich gets his shoulder up! Tully is livid and just unleashes a series of stomps on Rich. Tully executes a delayed suplex 1..2..Rich barely gets his shoulder up. Tully spends to much time berating the Ref. Tully swings Rich to the turnbuckles and charges in but Rich moves, Tully hits hard and Rich rolls him up 1..2..3!!! The fans go crazy as Rich rolls out of the ring, gets his title and holds it up. Tully is going crazy in the ring and yelling at the Ref. 

Winner by pin and still TV Champ Tommy Rich

Intermission 

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Dave Shultz w/Bob Sweetan

Before the bell rings, Shultz and Sweetan double team Atlas. The Ref gets order and Atlas says he's ready to go. Atlas fires away on Shultz, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him down. The crowd roars as Atlas military presses Shultz and slams him down. Sweetan charges the ring and clotheslines Atlas from behind! The Ref signals for the DQ! Sweetan stomps on Atlas and Shultz eventually joins in. The crowd goes nuts as the Fabulous Ones hit the ring and unload on Sweetan and Shultz! They pound away as Atlas gets up. Keirn swings Sweetan into an Atlas clothesline! Lane then swings Shultz into another Atlas clothesline! Atlas and the Fabs stand tall as the crowd cheers. 

Winner by DQ- Tony Atlas

Rolling Thunder vs. Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin

These teams have been wrecking havoc on each other for awhile now and it has led to this. The bell rings and it's instant chaos. McGraw and Cuban are brawling in the ring as Putski and Ratamyus fight threw the ropes and onto the outside. The match is an all out brawl. A few minutes in and everybody is bleeding. They fight in the ring and all around the ring. McGraw swings Cuban into the steel post and charges in but Cuban moves and McGraw hits head first into the post! McGraw is out. Putski is hammering away on Ratamyus but Cuban hits Putski from behind with a running knee. Cuban holds Putski up as Ratamyus gets a steel chair and whacks Putski on the head! Putski is out on his feet as Cuban continues to hold him up. Ratamyus hits Putski again with the chair! They roll Putski in the ring. Ratamyus and Cuban each put a boot on Putski's chest 1..2..3! 

Winners by pin- Ratamyus and Cuban Assassin

Well, things don't slow down as these two men are involved in another big grudge match. They brawl but also use their technical arsenal. Both men pull out a variety of suplexes, trying to one up each other. Race controls with a knee lift followed by a swinging neckbreaker and diving headbutt but cant put Funk away. Funk takes control with a Russian Legsweep and works on Harley's leg, capping it with a spinning toe hold but Race manages to reach the ropes. Race gets control with an eye rake and gut wrench suplex. Race his a delayed knee drop then picks Funk up and goes for a piledriver but Funk back drops him. Both men end up having a furious exchange in the middle of the ring. Race gets the upper hand, swings Funk to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Funk grabs him and hits a DDT 1..2..3!!!! Funk is exhausted as the Ref raises his arm. 

Winner by pin- Terry Funk

Taped Fist Match

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Hercules Ayala 

This one gets brutal quick as they hammer away on each other with their taped fists. It's not long before both men are busted open. Idol's blond hair is red and Ayala's face is a crimson mask. Idol kicks Ayala in the mid section, clamps on a headlock and punches away. Ayala back suplexes Idol and both men are lying side by side. Ayala puts his knee on Idol's chest and pounds away. Ayala covers but Idol gets his foot on the ropes. Ayala swings Idol to the ropes but both men's heads collide! They fall down and the Ref starts the 10 count. Both men get to their knees and start pounding away on each other. Each man trades a slow punch. They both wobble back and forth. Ayala falls back as Idol falls forward on top of him 1..2..3! Idol is out as he lays on top of Ayala. The Ref raises his arm then it drops straight down. Medics have to go in and help both men out. 

Winner by pin- Austin Idol

The Nightmares (C) w/Jimmy Hart vs. The Soul Patrol

Good fast paced match up here as both teams show off their chemistry and high octane offense. A trip by Jimmy Hart gives the Nightmares control. They hit a double body slam and go to work on Ware. Wayne executes a backbreaker and Davis follows with an elbow drop from the middle ropes but Sugar comes in to break the count. Ware eventually makes the hot tag to Sugar and he cleans house with a series of hip tosses and drop kicks. Sugar tags in Ware and they double suplex Davis but Wayne breaks the count. All four men end up fighting. Jimmy Hart gets on the apron. Ware atomic drops Wayne into Hart. The crowd cheers as Hart fly's off the apron! Sugar back drops Davis and he bumps through the ropes. As the Ref is getting control, Wayne pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. Ware picks up Wayne. Wayne takes a wild swing but Ware ducks and lifts Wayne up for a back suplex but Wayne hits him on top of his head with the brass knuckles! Wayne falls on top. Davis fights a charging Sugar to the corner. The Ref counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as The Nightmares retain the titles! 

Winners by pin and still AWA Southern Tag Team Champions- The NIghtmares

AWA World Title Bout

This one's for all the marbles. Bockwinkel finally gets his long awaited title match and Lawler wants to shut him up once and for all. The crowd loves every minute of the stare down during introductions. The bell rings. As much as these men detest each other, they are very cautious in the beginning. They have a few lock ups and both men trade arm drags. They lock up and Bock pushes Lawler against the ropes. The Ref asks for a clean break. Bock slowly releases then cheap shots Lawler. Bock kicks away on Lawler, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Bock follows with a vertical suplex and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Bock puts his boot on Lawler's throat and chokes away. Bock picks up Lawler, swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lawler stops and gives Bock un uppercut that sends Bock flying up and back. The fans fire Lawler up. Lawler gets up and drops his strap! Bock staggers up and Lawler unleashes with a series of punches. Lawler swings Bock into the turnbuckles, hops on the middle ropes and punches down on Bock as the fans count along. Lawler drops down, snap mares Bock over and follows with a neck snap. Lawler covers 1..2..Kick out. Lawler picks up Bock, swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Bock raises his knees and Lawler crashes into them. Bock regroups. Bock starts stomping on Lawler's leg then hits a seated senton to the leg. Bock then clamps on the figure four! Bock wrenches away. Lawler fights it and frantically reaches the ropes. The Ref makes Bock release the hold but Bock wrenches away before finally releasing at the count of 4. Bock reaches down and picks up Lawler but Lawler clamps on a sleeper out of nowhere! Bock is twirling around and fighting it, then backs Lawler into the turnbuckles to break the hold. Bock staggers forward and Lawler hits him with a quick bulldog 1..2..Kick Out. Both men are trying to regroup. They stagger up and Bock rakes the eyes then executes a back breaker. Bock rolls Lawler over into a Boston Crab! Bock is wrenching away as Lawler is shaking his fists. The fans are cheering hard for Lawler. Lawler uses all of his strength, pushes himself up and flips Bock over! Lawler grabs the ropes to help himself up. Lawler limps around and holds his back. Bock quickly grabs him and swings him towards the turnbuckles but Lawler reverses it and Bock hits hard then stumbles forward and Lawler hits him with a hard right punch. Bock staggers back then forward into a body slam by Lawler. Lawler shakes his fists then hoists Bock up and piledrives him down! Lawler hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..3!!!! The fans blow the roof off the place as Jerry Lawler retains the AWA World Title! 

Winner by pin and still AWA World Champion- Jerry Lawler!

I am enjoying the rise in popularity of Bobby Jaggers and I think you might be the one territory where that makes a lot of sense.  Nice creativity.

Poor Rock N Roll Zumhofe but what did he expect.  Brody is a wildman!

And a wild a deep tag team division gets even better with the Sheepherders.  Can't wait to see finally rises to the top here.

The fans always seem like that NO DQ stipulation but sometimes it backfires as it did here as Hickerson was free to attack Cocoa and help Adrian pull out a victory.  Maybe Cocoa needs some help.

Great heel turn with Tsuruta and another mid-card feud is underway and clears some room in that deep tag division.

Tully was so close and it seems like this feud will keep going.  Rich is a nice choice as the fans love him but Tully is a tough one.  Can't wait for the next round.

Schultz and Sweetan are becoming a major headache for TNT.  Will be interesting if Atlas can get some help and get another shot at them.

Never really knew much about Ratymus but he is becoming one of my favorite heels!

Imagine a card where Funk vs Race was not the main event.... what a roster and you have set it up to sell ticket and ticket!  

It seems like even with a card as big as this, the crowd would be talking about Idol and Ayala for years.  Awesome match... like Stallone and Apolllo.

Lawler, as I think only Lawler could do continues to be able to be the top babyface in TNT and the top heel in All-Star.  Great win here over Bockwinkle.

A lot of hard work went into this one!  Great job.

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA