Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 10-18-84

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg

Footage is shown from last week's show as Tully Blanchard and Buddy Landel put a beating on Curt Hennig with a chair! 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Loaded show tonight as the Fabulous Ones will defend the AWA Southern tag team titles against Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers. Big 6 man tag match as DJ Peterson, Mike Shaw and Denny Brown take on the trio of Carl Fergie, Gary Young and Art Crews. Non title match as TNT champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis take on the Real Deal. And Austin Idol will defend the TV title against The Dream Machine. All that and a lot more. Right now I want to show you some pre recorded comments from the Hennig household. 

Commissioner Larry 'The Axe' Hennig is standing in his living room. 

Larry: Tully Blanchard! I'm here at home because of you! I was ok with that when I found out Curt was coming in to TNT. I was ok with the two of you settling things with a fight. He beats you and then what do you do? On TV you and Landel attack him! Real tough guys! 2 on 1. Well Buddy Landel, since you're so eager to get in on this, you'll will love this announcement just as much as Tully. The doctor's have cleared me. I now want to resign as Commissioner! That's right! The boots are coming back on! I've talked with Jerry Jarrett and next week you 2 punks are getting into the ring with myself and my son! 

Curt walks in.

Curt: You heard him! Next week my Dad the Axe and myself get the 2 of you in the ring! Get ready because the Hennig's are coming and we're coming for a fight! 

Lance: How about that. Next week the Hennig's return and will clash with Tully Blanchard and Buddy Landel. That will be a wild one I'm sure. Fans lets kick things off with a non title tag team bout. 

TNT Tag Team Champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis vs. The Real Deal (Scott McGhee and Ricky Vaughn)

McGhee and Vaughn start of gelling well as they work the champs over with quick tags and high offensive maneuvers. That comes to a halt when Murdoch nails Vaughn from the apron with a forearm smash and Adonis follows with a back elbow smash. Adonis and Murdoch take over and dominate for awhile but still cant them away. Vaughn eventually gets the hot tag to McGhee and McGhee is a house of fire. Adonis turns things around with a knee to the mid section and Murdoch follows with a gut wrench suplex. The champs control again but cant put McGhee down. A pier six brawl breaks out. Real Deal double back drop Adonis and send Murdoch over the top rope with a double clothesline. Ding Ding Ding! The 10 minute time limit expires. 

Adonis rolls out of the ring. Him and Murdoch regroup and are furious and embarrassed. The fans cheer as the Real Deal are in the ring pumping their fists. The Real Deal opened a lot of eyes today as they take the veteran TNT champs to a draw. 

scott.jpg.3f6f76d87ca20d78f14a6aaf81d3dbd4.jpgvaughn.png.197b919c0e8a67a4c75f889d2e525a90.png

Commercial Break

Lance: I would have to say that was a moral victory for The Real Deal... 

Adonis and Murdoch storm the podium. 

Adonis: Shut up Lance! Those two punks are the luckiest punks walking the earth! Talk about a fluke! 

Murdoch: Fluke is right! You punks want a fight? You got one! We want them again and hell we'll put these titles on the line! 

Adonis: Next time you boys wont be standing up at all! 

Lance: Ok, a challenge has been made. I'm sure the Real Deal wont have a problem accepting a title match. Back to the ring. 

Roosevelt Jones vs. Trent Watkins 

Jones shocked everyone last week when he attacked George Wells and pledged his allegiance to the Movement. 

Jones is in full heel mode tonight as he kicks, stomps, slams and chokes the life out of Trent. Jones slams Trent's head on the turnbuckle several times then delivers a jumping headbutt to get the pin! Jones picks up Trent, headbutts him again and hurls him out of the ring. Jones stands in the middle of the ring and raises his fist as the fans boo. 

Commercial Break 

A music montage video is shown of Rick Martel in the ring. 

martel.jpg.8791508a0ed5421c50669b83b91624b0.jpg

Lance: Yes fans, I'm excited to announce that Rick Martel is coming to TNT. Exciting news! Back to the ring. 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson  vs. Gary Williams

Jumbo just demolishes his opponent. Jumbo swings Williams to the ropes and nails him with a big boot to the head. Jumbo hoists Williams up and finishes him off with the Powerbomb! 

Gene leads Jumbo to the podium.

Gene: All day long, all I've heard about is Rick Martel. Oh yea TNT gives him a nice little video package and seems to be rolling out the red carpet for him. Why!? The true superstar in TNT is standing right here. Jumbo Tsuruta! Make no bones about it, Martel's stay in TNT will be a short one because Jumbo Tsuruta is going to make an example out of him and prove who the superior wrestler is! 

Commercial Break 

DJ Peterson/'Mountain' Mike Shaw/ 'Downtown' Denny Brown

vs.

'Cool' Carl Fergie/'Gorgeous' Gary Young/'The Ace' Art Crews

Chaos right off the bat as all 6 men go at it before the bell even rings! Denny drop kicks Crews out of the ring. DJ body slams Fergie. Shaw clotheslines Young over the top rope. DJ goes to the top rope. Fergie staggers up and DJ nails him with a flying shoulder tackle! Shaw swings off the ropes and splashes Fergie! Young and Crews grab Fergie by his feet and yank him out of the ring then help him to the back. The fans are cheering as DJ, Shaw and Denny stand tall.

Official Ruling- No Contest 

Commercial Break

Lance: Well that match never officially started but DJ, Shaw and Denny certainly won the fight. Joining me now are the Kansas Jayhawks. Boys, you got a big win over the Cuban Assassins last week and that should put you right back in line for a tag team shot at either of the titles.

Boos as The Roughnecks (Killer Brooks/Bob Sweetan) come out. 

The Roughnecks insult the Jayhawks and tell them they had their title opportunity and blew it! They tell the Jayhawks to get lost because the Roughnecks should be in line for a title shot. 

Jayhawks fire back and say they've been on top of the tag team scene for a long time and are always in contention and if the Roughnecks have a problem with that we all can settle it in the ring. 

Tensions rise but no fists are thrown...yet. 

Lance: Whoa, that was a close one. I for one would like to see that match up. More tag team action as we go to the ring. 

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. Vic Dutro and William Hillman 

Brito and Parisi are in sync tonight and look sharp. Brito tags in Parisi. Brito body slams Hillman and Parisi follows with the Cannonball Senton to get the pin! 

Brito and Parisi raise their arms in victory when WHAM! They're nailed from behind by Ted and Jerry Oates along with Gene Anderson! Gene is shouting instructions as the Oates to take it to them. They hurl Parisi out of the ring then hit Brito with a double suplex. Ted grabs Brito's arm and holds it while twisting. Parisi tries to get back in the ring but Jerry kicks him back down. Jerry gets on the top rope. Ted holds Brito's arm while Jerry crashes down with a knee drop on the arm! 

oates.png.b4e838cfb24d6d3edc57ec29ba5d6d39.png

Gene leads the Oates Brothers to the podium. 

Gene: The Anderson unit is back and running on all cylinders! I warned everybody and especially those wimps in the ring, that I wasn't done with them. I have myself a team and what's a better unit than family? The Andersons wreaked havoc for years because we were family. Well now I have the Oates Wrecking Crew and mark my words the destruction that Ole and I caused will carry on because the Oates Wrecking Crew have arrived and TNT better watch out! 

Lance: Well, this has indeed been quite the night for Gene Anderson and his unit. I know Brito and Parisi wont take this lying down. I hope Brito is ok after that attack on his arm.

Commercial Break 

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 vs. Sean Smith 

Every since Mr. Wrestling 3 bestowed the name and mask upon Jessie Barr, he's been racking up some impressive wins. 

Tonight is no different as Mr. Wrestling 3 gets the pin after the Million Dollar Kneelift! 

The fans cheer as they head to the podium.

Mr. Wrestling 2: Lance, as you've noticed, Mr. Wrestling 3 has been on a roll of late. I've been mentoring him and we have been patient and I have no doubt in my mind, Mr. Wrestling 3 is ready for a title match. 

Lance: I would have to agree with Mr. Wrestling 2. Back to the ring.

Cocoa Samoa vs. Stu Jersky 

cocoa.jpg.cf39f271d14c977c8a26d291f3f02fbe.jpg

Now that Cocoa has finally put an end to his feud with Ratamyus and his monsters, he looks refreshed and rejuvenated. Cocoa works Stu over with hip tosses and drop kicks and puts him away with an impressive flying body press from the top rope! 

Commercial Break 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant

Everybody is in the ring and exchanging words while the Ref holds up the titles. Valiant tells the Fabs their reign comes to an end tonight. 

Bombers attack at the bell but the Fabs fight back. Lane and Grey fight in one corner while Keirn and Regal fight in the opposite corner. The Fabs swing the Bombers into each other. Bombers collide and stumble back. The Fabs hit double atomic drops and the Bombers smash into each other. The Ref gets control. 

The Fabs work over Grey as they tag in and out. Keirn hits a backbreaker and Lane follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Regal breaks it. Keirn goes after Regal but the Ref guides him back allowing Regal to clip Lane from behind. Grey staggers up, grabs Lane by his hair and rams his head on Regal's boot then tags in Regal. They double slam Lane and Regal follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Lane gets his foot on the rope. Regal chokes Lane on the ropes. Grey holds lane while Regal swings off the ropes and hits Lane with a body guillotine. Regal suplexes Lane and tags in Grey. Grey comes off the top rope with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Keirn breaks it. Grey tags in Regal. They swing Lane to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Lane swings back and clotheslines the Bombers down then rolls over and tags in Keirn.

Keirn goes to town as he hammers away on the Bombers! He back drops Grey and Grey rolls out of the ring. He drop kicks Regal. Valiant hops on the apron and Keirn knocks him off! Keirn picks up Regal and swings him around for a body slam but Regal's boot hits the Ref and the Ref goes down. Keirn slams down Regal then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop. Keirn covers but the Ref is still down. Grey comes in but Lane fights him into the corner.

Valiant is motioning to the back. Goldie Rogers comes out with a loaded towel. Keirn is trying to get the Ref up. Regal staggers up and nails Keirn from behind. Regal holds Keirn up as Rogers goes to the top rope with the loaded towel. Rogers leaps off but Keirn moves and Rogers nails Regal with the towel! Lane hurls Grey out of the ring and drags the Ref over as Keirn covers Regal 1..2..3!

Huge Pop!

The Fabs get their titles and hold them high.

Valiant is having a fit!

Lance: (smiling) Some turn of events as Goldie Roger's interference really backfired. The Fabulous Ones remain AWA Southern tag team champions. Well my guests at this time are Tully Blanchard and the Nature Boy Buddy Landel. Gentleman I'm sure you heard the announcement. You boys will face Larry and Curt Hennig, next week.

Landel: Wipe that smile off your face Lance before we knock it off! Never in my life have I seen such sore losers well except maybe for the Armstrong's. Look, I've got a AWA world title bout with Ted Dibiase next month and I don't have time to deal with such cry babies like the Hennig's. Man Tully, this is deja vu. I swear they're just like the Armstrong's. Go down to Continental sometime and you wont believe it. I'm telling you.

Tully: Buddy, I truly know what you're talking about. First that big ogre Larry Hennig couldn't handle my success so I took care of him. Then he sends his baby boy and we took care of him. It's over. We win! But no! They have Jerry Jarrett in their pockets and of course what the golden boy Henning's want they get. Well guess what? Next week this all ends. Buddy has bigger goals and so do I. Next week, we're going to make sure neither one of you ever sets foot in an AWA ring ever again.   

Lance: This arena better get ready because that's going to be one heated contest. I've just gotten word that next week we will have a TNT title match as Bill Dundee will defend the title against Cocoa Samoa. Big show indeed. Our TV title main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break

TV Title Bout 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. The Dream Machine

Dream Machine waits in the ring as the boos reign down on him. The fans roar as Joan Jett blasts on the speakers and Austin Idol makes his way out. 

The fans explode as Jerry Lawler hits the ring and just unloads on The Dream Machine! Lawler is relentless as he just pounds away on Dream Machine. Thundering boos as Bill Dundee hits the ring but Lawler turns around and nails him and proceeds to pound away on him! Dream Machine staggers up and nails Lawler. Lawler fights but 2 on 1 is catching up until Austin Idol has enough and hits the ring as the fans go crazy!

WHAM! Idol nails Lawler!!!!!!

The fans are shocked as Idol puts the boots to Lawler!

Dundee and Dream pause. Idol stops stomping and looks at them. They all smile and hug!

Idol picks up Lawler by his hair as Dundee and Dream punch away. Idol slams Lawler down and clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock! Dream Machine goes out and gets a chair. Dream Machine swings down and hits Lawler on his head, busting him open! Dream sets the chair on Lawler's head. Dundee climbs to the top rope and hits a Bombs Away on the chair, crushing Lawler's face!

The Fabulous Ones and Cocoa Samoa hit the ring as Dundee, Idol and Dream casually roll out.

The fans are still in shock. Lawler's face is a bloody mess as The Fabs and Cocoa call for medics.

Lance: Fans, I don't know what to say. That was one of the most gruesome acts I've ever seen. Lawler is getting medical treatment as I speak. I hope to have some answers next week.

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.pngidol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg 

After the show ends, the Rolling Stones Gimmie Shelter plays 

Wrestle Storm 84-November 30th-Memphis Coliseum! 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had fun catching up here...well it finally happened Dundee showed his true colors along with the Dream Machine.....Dundee is the champ and I can't think that Lawler will stand for this for very long....I suspect he'll even the odds real soon. 

Great work with Buddy Landel, really enjoying his alliance with Tully Blanchard here!

SD Jones is a perfect choice for this sort of turn...really fun stuff.

I've always loved the tag team of Adonis/Murdoch and TNT is adding to that with every match

Oh Shit, this one starts off hot! The Axe is back and Tully/Buddy are in for a fight!

Vaughn and McGhee get a huge rub taking Adonis and Murdoch to the time limit, but something tells me they may end up regretting it!

Roosevelt Jones showing everyone he isn't a joke. The Movement approves.

Martel is going to make quite the impact here. A feud with Jumbo out of the gate will be quite the start.

The 6 men in the 6 man are not anywhere near done fighting yet!

Jayhawks vs Sweetan/Brooks.... Hell Yeah!!!

Nice hard fought win for the Fabs!! Great match!!

Damn!! Great Swerve!! Didn't see Idol aligning with Dundee coming!!

TNT is turning into quite the warzone. Love It!!

I have loved the build up to Axe and son vs Tully.  Landel was a great addition to this feud.

Nice push for Real Deal but the champs are going to be tough!

I think we are all buying into the Movement and it has become a fun league-wide angle

Jumbo might have met his match if we get a Martel feud

And the Oates get a little love... the master of the midcard continues

Great realistic show from a Memphis point of view as we get our weekly heel turn with a new/old, friend/enemy turning on Lawler.  Great fun!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 10-25-84

Footage is shown from last week as Austin Idol shocks everyone and joins Bill Dundee and The Dream Machine as they viciously attack Jerry Lawler, leaving him a bloody mess. 

Lance Russell: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Well we saw the shocking footage of what went down last week and tonight I'll be speaking to those involved. We'll also have comments from Jerry Lawler, who's at home recuperating. I understand Lawler will be out of action for a few weeks. As for tonight we have a blockbuster of a show. Bill Dundee defends the TNT title against Cocoa Samoa. Lot's of tag action tonight as The Kansas Jayhawks clash with the Roughnecks. The Cuban Assassins will take on the Super Samoans. And of course the big showdown as Larry and Curt Hennig take on Tully Blanchard and Buddy Landel. A grudge match for sure. Also we have the debut of a wrestler who was trained by the legendary Lou Thesz, I'm talking about Mark Fleming. He will have his hands full against Denny Brown. All that and we'll be talking about our huge event set for November 30th called WrestleStorm 84. 

Ok, here they come, TNT champ Bill Dundee, The Dream Machine and the TV champ Austin Idol. 

Massive boos! 

Lance: Ok, Idol, let's start with you. Myself and everybody out here wants to know why you did what you did last week to Jerry Lawler?

Idol: Oh it's really very simple Lance. You know Bill and Dream came to me earlier that week and talked to me about Lawler. They told me he's only out for himself. They told me he only uses people to get what he wants. They told me he wants the spotlight all to himself. Stupid me needed more evidence. Well guess what? They were right! I was in the main event last week and ready to defend my TV title. It was my day to shine! Then out comes Lawler and he ruins everything over his own personal grudge. That was my match! He had no business being out there. So I saw the light and did the right thing. I hate everything you're all about Lawler! The three of us are on a mission and that's to put you out of wrestling for good! 

Dundee: I cant tell you how proud I am of Idol for making the right decision. Him, myself and Dream are untouchable! Lawler! You show your face again and brother we're going to cave it in! Now as for Cocoa Samoa, he will feel all my anger tonight. (Holds up the TNT title) You're getting nowhere close to this baby! 

Lance: Well, there you have it. We'll hear from Lawler a little bit later. This situation has really gotten out of control. Let's go to the ring. 

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Roughnecks 

Lance announces that the winner of this match will get a TNT tag title match.

This one's a barnburner! The first few minutes is hard hitting and a couple pier six brawls break out. The match finally looks like a match as Jaggers and Brooks go at it. Jaggers tags in Dutch, they swing Brooks to the ropes and double back drop him. Brooks bounces over and tags in Sweetan. Sweetan runs in but Dutch nails him with a series of punches, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Dutch tags in Jaggers. Dutch body slams Sweetan and Jaggers swings of the ropes with an elbow drop 1..2..Brooks breaks it. Dutch punches Brooks to the corner. The Ref guides Dutch back. Brooks reaches in his tights and pulls out a foreign object. Jaggers swings Sweetan to the ropes and clotheslines him down 1..2..Brooks with a stomp. Dutch runs in but the Ref guides him back, this allows Brooks to nail Jaggers with the foreign object. Sweetan lays his arm over Jaggers. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! Dutch is a second to late. 

Brooks helps Sweetan out of the ring and to the back as Dutch checks on Jaggers. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Unfortunately the Roughnecks get away with the cheap win and have earned a TNT tag title bout. Speaking of the TNT tag champs, last week my guests at this time The Real Deal wrestled the champs to a draw. Adonis and Murdoch said it was a fluke and said they want another match and they'll put then titles on the line. Boys, I know you have an answer for them.

Vaughn: We sure do!

McGhee: And that answer is YES!

The cheers turn to boos as Adonis and Murdoch storm out and blindside The Real Deal! They hammer away on them and hurl them in the ring. Murdoch hoists up McGhee and drops him with a brainbuster! Adonis picks up Vaughn and drops him with a DDT!

Boos as Adonis and Murdoch spit down on them before exiting the ring.

Commercial Break  

George Wells vs. Vic Dutro 

Wells is on fire tonight as he works Dutro over. Wells swings Dutro to the ropes and gives him a big back drop. Dutro staggers up as Wells swings off the ropes and puts him down with a diving tackle 1..2..3! 

Wells heads to the podium.

Wells: Roosevelt Jones! The big man says he is now represents the Movement huh? That's a mistake! You also made the mistake of putting me down with a couple cheap shots. Brother if you wanted to fight all you had to do was ask. Next week in that ring, it's you and me and boy you better bring a lunch! 

Lance: Ok big match for next week as George Wells will take on The Movement's Roosevelt Jones. Back to the ring. 

Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Last week Gene introduced his new team and they attacked Gino Brito and Tony Parisi. 

Gene has his men amped up tonight as they take it to the Smith Brothers. The end comes as Ted hits a shoulder breaker on Sean and Jerry comes off the middle ropes with a knee to the shoulder for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: With me now is Johnny Valiant. 

Johnny: Lance I'm here to talk about that incompetent Goldie Rogers. First he failed to win the Light Heavyweight championship. Then he costed my Blond Bombers the AWA Southern tag titles last week. I have no patience for incompetence. Therefore Goldie Rogers is fired! He's old news because listen to this. I have been talking with one of the biggest stars in the business. None other than Tom Prichard! Tom has agreed to sign with me! That's right! He'll be joining me next week, right here! I'm so excited Lance! 

Lance: That is pretty big news. Tom Prichard will be here next week along with Johnny Valiant. Back to the ring. 

Mark Fleming vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown

Fleming makes his debut and comes in with an extensive wrestling background as he was trained by Lou Thesz. Denny has been on a roll and looks to get in title contention. 

Very good contest as they exchange a variety of moves along with some impressive chain wrestling. During the action the fans start to boo as Carl Fergie, Art Crews and Gary Young come out and circle the ring. Fleming and Denny continue to wrestle as the trio just watch. Denny is distracted due to his recent issues with them but stays in the match. Fleming is a bit confused by their appearance but he also stays in the match. Denny swings Fleming to the ropes but they both go for a shoulder block and end up colliding and falling back. Young gets on the apron. The Ref goes over and is telling him to get down. Denny staggers up and swings off the ropes but Fergie trips him. Fleming rises as Denny staggers towards him. Fleming grabs him and hits a gut wrench suplex. Young points and the Ref turns around and counts 1..2..(Crews holds Denny's foot) 3! 

I don't think Fleming knew what happened. The Ref raises his arm. Denny gets up and is talking with the Ref. Fleming walks over and is talking with them. Fleming offers Denny his hand. Denny is still talking with the Ref. 

WHAM! Fleming nails Denny and puts the boots to him. Fergie, Crews and Young get in the ring and join in. All 4 men are stomping away on Denny. Fleming picks Denny up and hurls him out of the ring! 

Lance: Boys get over here. Mark Fleming what are you thinking. With your talent you don't need to align yourself with the likes of them. 

Fleming: Hey, Art Crews said it best. A man needs friends. With all my wrestling talent I have been overlooked. With friends like this I know that wont happen here in TNT. 

Fergie: You're looking at the most dominate group in TNT. I'm cool, Gary is gorgeous, Crews is the Ace and now we have a wrestling technician. Everything is covered. There's no way we can be stopped. Just no way! 

Commercial Break 

An advertisement is shown for WrestleStorm 84 as the Rolling Stones song Gimme Shelter plays. 

Lance: Yes fans, on November 30th, TNT will present it's biggest card of the year, WrestleStorm 84 from the Memphis Coliseum. I understand this will also be shown on close circuit all around the country. Some matches have already been signed as Ted Dibiase will defend the AWA World title against Buddy Landel. Rick Martel makes his TNT debut and will take on Jumbo Tsuruta. I know there will be a battle royal where the winner will receive a check for 10,000 dollars and a shot at the TNT title. That will be a historic night of wrestling. Fans, right now I want to take you to comments from Jerry Lawler, who's at his home recuperating. 

Lawler is sitting on his couch with his face completely bandaged up. 

Lawler: First of all, I was wrong in attacking Dream Machine last week before Austin Idol was set to defend his TV title. My emotions got the best of me and I was out of line. Well Idol you got your payback didn't you. Yea, you, Bill and Dream Machine really showed me. My face is messed up and I'll be out of action for awhile. Dundee! You started all this and you've brain washed Dream Machine and Idol. I assure all of you, this isn't over! Not by a long shot! You see I've talked with Jerry Jarrett and he liked what I had to say. He wants this resolved and so do I. On November 30th at WrestleStorm 84, it will be the 3 of you against myself and a partner. That's right just one man. The 3 of you versus the 2 of us. Oh and it will be inside a steel cage! (Smiles) Boys, I have a partner you wont believe. 

Lance: Oh my! Did I hear that right? Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine against Lawler and one partner? In a steel cage? WOW! Unbelievable! Ok, back to the ring. 

TNT Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala vs. Gary Williams

Ayala is a man possessed as he just obliterates Williams. Ayala clamps on the bear hug, rams Williams into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the easy win! 

Ayala holds up his title and storms the podium.

Ayala: There is no competition here! Nobody is man enough to beat me for this title! Next week I will put this title up for anybody man enough to try and take it. Come on! 

Lance: Whoa, Ayala just issued an open challenge for his brass knuckles title here next week. 

A Ref runs over and says something to Lance. 

Lance: It happened where? Fans, we'll be right back.

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, I don't have all the details but I've been told that the Super Samoans were assaulted and were laid out in the parking lot. They have been taken to the nearby hospital. More on that as it develops. They were scheduled to meet the Cuban Assassins but it looks like that isn't going to happen.

Boos as Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassins come out. 

Ratamyus: (maniacal laugh) They're scared! They're scared of my Cuban Assassins! We are the winners! 

They exit leaving a puzzled Lance Russell. 

Lance: Let's ah we'll be right back for our TNT Title bout. 

Commercial Break 

TNT Title Bout 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee (C) vs. Cocoa Samoa 

Cocoa has been racking up wins the last few months and has finally earned himself a TNT title shot. 

Dundee spends the first couple minutes stalling and taunting Cocoa. Dundee is getting a lot of heat from the fans tonight. Cocoa has enough and lunges at Dundee and tackles him to the canvas. The fans go crazy as Cocoa unleashes on Dundee with punches. Cocoa swings Dundee into the turnbuckles and charges in then monkey flips Dundee over. Dundee staggers up and Cocoa drop kicks him down. Cocoa picks up Dundee and slams him down, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a leg drop 1..2..Dundee gets his foot on the rope. 

Fans boo as Dream Machine comes to the ringside. 

Cocoa swings Dundee to the ropes and a chop puts Dundee down. Cocoa swings off the ropes and hits a body splash 1.. Dream gets on the apron. The Ref stops the count and gets up and yells at Dream. Cocoa runs over and a forearm blast sends Dream flying off the apron. The Ref is looking down at Dream and doesn't see Dundee crawl over and lowblow Cocoa! Dundee staggers up then executes a backbreaker on Cocoa. Dundee climbs to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away 1..2..3! 

Thundering boos! 

Dream grabs the title, runs in the ring and hands it to Dundee then raises his arm as the boos reign down. 

Lance: I just cant believe that. I shouldn't be surprised. Cocoa was really cheated tonight. What a shame. Our big tag team grudge match when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

Larry 'The Axe' Hennig and Curt Hennig vs. Tully Blanchard and 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel 

This goes all the way back to when Larry was commissioner and Tully felt Larry was keeping him down. Tully broke Larry's ankle. Curt comes to TNT and gets payback with a win over Tully only to be attacked afterwards. Enter Landel. Landel faced Curt in a match but Tully interferes and him and Landel do a number on Curt. Larry resigns as commissioner and here we are. 

Tully and Buddy wait in the ring and arrogantly taunt the fans. Massive cheers as the Hennigs hit the ring! They attack and the Ref signals for the bell. It's a brawl! The Ref is letting it go. Larry hammers Tully into the corner and man he unloads on him and literally punches him down to the ground. Curt swings Buddy to the ropes and sends him flying through the ropes with a beautiful high dropkick. Curt takes over and pounds away on Tully. Larry backs up. Curt picks up Tully by his hair and swings him towards Larry. Larry nails Curt with an axe bomber! Tully goes down but Buddy grabs him by his feet and pulls him out of the ring. Tully's forehead is bleeding. Buddy is helping Tully to the back. Curt runs out and nails Buddy from behind then grabs Tully by his hair and hurls him back in the ring. 

Larry picks up Tully by his hair, holds him, clenches his fist and drops Tully with the punch as the fans are going crazy. Larry picks up Tully, swings him around and slams him down then tags in Curt. Curt and Larry swing Tully to the ropes and double clothesline him down! Curt picks up Tully and goes for the Northern Lights Suplex but Buddy runs in and clips Curt's knee from behind. Larry gets in there and grabs Buddy by his hair and hurls him out of the ring. The Ref gets Larry back to his corner. 

Curt is hobbling around as Tully is shaking the cobwebs. Buddy staggers around the ring and yells up at Larry. Larry hops down but the Ref goes to the outside and tries to keep control. As the Ref is with Larry, Buddy grabs a chair and slides it in their corner. 

Inside the ring, Tully gets up but Curt grabs him and swings him into the turnbuckles. Curt charges in as Tully picks up the chair. Curt goes headfirst into the chair just as the Ref turns around. The Ref signals for the DQ! Larry runs over but Tully cracks the chair over his head, busting him open! Buddy is cheering Tully on. Tully swings down and nails Curt again with the chair. Both Curt and Larry are busted open. Tully hits Larry again with the chair then hits Curt again! Finally wrestlers from the back hit the ring to stop this madness. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Larry and Curt Hennig had to be helped out by medics. Both men were bleeding profusely. 

Buddy and Tully come on screen smiling. 

Lance: That was disgusting. I..

Tully: Shut up Lance and listen. We have won the battle. It's all over. Finally I have rid TNT of the Hennigs. Don't feel bad because now they can spend some time together as a family. I did them a favor. On to bigger and better things. Buddy, I thank you and the time is all yours. 

Tully shakes Buddy's hand and leaves.

Buddy: You heard him, mission accomplished and now I can focus on Ted Dibiase and the AWA world title. Lance as you know I have been dubbed Mr. AWA because everybody knows I'm the uncrowned champion. The reason I'm not champion is because of crooked people like the Armstrong's and Hennig's. Well I have gotten the best of all of them and now it's time to fulfill my destiny. Dibiase! At Wrestlestorm 84 brother that title is going where it rightfully belongs...around the waist of the real Nature Boy and Mr. AWA yours truly. 

buddy.jpg.c1f668a570245eac47034033bd6405cf.jpg

WrestleStorm 84

Memphis Coliseum 11-30-84

AWA World Title Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel

STEEL CAGE MATCH! 

Jerry 'The KIng' Lawler and a mystery partner 

vs.

TNT Champ 'Superstar' Bill Dundee, TV Champ 'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol and The Dream Machine 

Rick Martel vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson 

10, 000 dollar Battle Royal-winner also gets a TNT title shot! 

More matches to be announced

And on the WrestleStorm!

I could read Lawler, Idol, Dream and Dundee all day.  These 4 just go round and round like a bunch of country kin folk.  One day they are on the same side and the next they are brawling in the backyard.  I love it.  

I love your tag division but still think the team of Adonis and Murdoch is the cream of the crop.

The push of the Oates and Fleming is a good move as it makes your roster even deeper.  The problem is that nobody will ever want to get out of their seats for popcorn as they will love each match on every card.  

I wish SD Jones did this when he was in the WWF in real life. Would have been awesome and he deserved better then just JTTS every week.  Really fun read here.

Curt, Larry, Tully and Landel.... this might be one of the few things that could keep Lawler from the Main Event.  Awesome pairings.  So glad Curt is with you

Idol with good, logical reasoning for turning on Lawler. That will surely make the fans hate him!

The Roughnecks pick up a good one over the Jayhawks and secure themselves a shot at the TNT Belts.

Sweetan and Brooks vs Adonis and Murdoch will be a hell of a fight! But it looks like The Real Deal is gonna fight them again first. Can they pull it off? I have my doubts!!

Wells better be careful messing with the man representing The Movement! There is back up lurking everywhere these days!

Great introduction for Mark Fleming. You've already made him a bigger deal than he ever was!!

Oh My, Lawler must have someone real impressive lined up to make that kind of challenge!

Dundee with a good, cheap victory over Samoa, which is just perfect for the Superstar at this point. Nicely Done!!

Tully Blanchard destroys Curt and Larry with a chair and walks away!! WTF! I Love It!!

Landel pretty much sits back and watches and then casually cuts an interview about coming for Dibiase at WrestleStorm….. Fantastic ending.

WrestleStorm is already shaping up quite nicely. Any of the announced matches could main event the show.

Goof Stuff Man!!

Wow....as always you've built a solid card with great tv angles to build momentum moving into Wrestle Storm!

This is classic Memphis booking here....great reasoning for the Idol turn...while the fans may not like it, you can certainly understand it, which makes them even more invested on the feud!

Adonis and Murdoch are my favorite team in the game right now....even though they are all heels, I would love to seem them challenge the Movement sooner rather than later.

Landel hasn't missed a beat since debuting here in TNT and I'm excited to see him challenge Dibiase for the title.

Blanchard has doubled down on the heat with the Hennigs.....this should be fun!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse Memphis TN 11-1-84

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and boy do we have a big show lined up tonight. Adonis and Murdoch will defend the TNT tag titles against The Real Deal. George Wells faces Roosevelt Jones. DJ Peterson teams with Mike Shaw to take on Art Crews and Mark Fleming. Hercules Ayala will defend the Brass Knuckles title in an open challenge match. Carl Fergie and Gary Young take on Gino Brito and Tony Parisi and the winners will get an AWA Southern tag title shot. Johnny Valiant will present Tom Prichard. Jerry Jarrett will have a WrestleStorm 84 segment. After what went down last week, we'll hear from both Curt Hennig and Tully Blanchard. I'll be speaking with Buddy Landel and I understand we have pre recorded comments from Bill Dundee, Austin Idol and Dream Machine. Well fans let's get to the ring. 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

Adrian Adonis and Dick Murdoch (C) vs. The Real Deal (Scott McGhee/Ricky Vaughn) 

Real Deal wrestled the champs to a 10 minute draw 2 weeks ago. The champs said it was a fluke and said they would prove it by putting the titles on the line. Last week Real Deal accepted but were assaulted by Adonis and Murdoch. 

Real Deal control the early segment with quick tags and solid teamwork. They frustrate the champs with high offensive moves. Vaughn tags in McGhee, they hoist Murdoch up for a double suplex but Adonis runs in and clips McGhee's knee from behind. Everybody falls down. Vaughn staggers up but Adonis whips McGhee into him and that sends Vaughn through the ropes. The Ref guides Adonis to his corner. Murdoch picks up McGhee and rams his head into the boot of Adonis. Murdoch hoists McGhee up and drops him with the brainbuster then tags in Adonis. Adonis picks up McGhee and drops him with the DDT 1..2..3! Vaughn gets back in the ring but it's to late. Adonis and Murdoch slide out of the ring, grab their titles and head out. 

Vaughn is clearly disappointed. McGhee is still out. Vaughn tries to help McGhee up but McGhee falls back down. Vaughn is frustrated and calls out for help. Trainers come out as we go to a commercial 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Great effort by the Real Deal but Adonis and Murdoch showed off their experience tonight and retain the titles. Last week the Roughnecks defeated the Kansas Jayhawks and will now face Adonis and Murdoch for the TNT tag titles at WrestleStorm 84. Well it looks like the trainers and Vaughn have gotten McGhee to the back. I hope that young man is ok. Ok, my guests right now are the Roughnecks, Killer Brooks and Bob Sweetan. 

Brooks: Yea that's right! You're looking at the toughest team in TNT! Just ask the Kansas Jayhawks, oh wait you cant because I heard they left town. 

Sweetan: Damn right they did! Let that be a message to any team in TNT especially you Adonis and Murdoch. At WrestleStorm the TNT titles will be coming home with us! 

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 vs. Trent Watkins 

Wrestling 3 works over Trent then hits a gut wrench suplex. Wrestling 3 swings Trent to the ropes and back drops him. Trent staggers to his feet but Wrestling 3 nails him with the Million Dollar kneelift 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Wrestling 2 raises the arm of Wrestling 3 then leads him to the podium. 

Wrestling 2: Lance, I told you Mr. Wrestling 3 is ready for some gold. Well I'm here to announce that at WrestleStorm 84 he will be in the battle royal. Winning 10 grand would be great but winning a shot at the TNT title would be even better. 

Wrestling 3: That's right. Mr. Wrestling 2 has poured all his knowledge into me and I'm ready to win that battle royal and get that title shot! 

Commercial Break 

George Wells vs. Roosevelt Jones 

Jones came to TNT and immediately targeted Wells then announced he was part of the Movement. Wells wants payback and here we are. 

The bell rings and the fight begins. Wells unloads then swings Jones to the ropes and back drops him. Jones staggers up and Wells puts him down with a scoop slam. Jones staggers up again and Wells scoop slams him down again. Wells hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Jones gets his shoulder up. Wells swings Jones into the corner and charges in but Jones sticks his boot up and Wells crashes head first into it. 

Jones regroups, picks up Wells and headbutts him into the corner. Jones kicks away then bites his forehead. Jones hip tosses Wells over and applies a neck crank. Jones wrenches away then starts biting again. The Ref gets Jones off. Jones stomps away then picks up Wells and hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Jones gets angry and punches away on Wells. Jones swings Wells to the ropes and nails him with a front forearm blast. Jones drops a fist 1..2..Kick Out. Jones yells at the Ref. Jones picks up Wells and swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Wells swings back and hits a flying tackle 1..2..3! 

Huge pop! 

Wells is still reeling as the Ref raises his arm. 

wells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpg

Commercial Break

Lance: Great win for George Wells. George come on over. Must feel good.

Wells: No doubt about it Lan....

WHAM! 

Lance: My goodness! 

Jones just nailed Wells from behind with a steel chair! 

Jones throws the chair down, picks up Wells and executes a front facelock drop on the chair! 

Wells is busted open. Officials run out as Jones calmly leaves. 

jones.jpg.e226daf61ed069701ee1481a92205daf.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: George Wells was helped out and looked to be pretty banged up. What a cheap shot by Roosevelt Jones. Ok, my guest at this time is Johnny Valiant. Johnny, you promised Tom Prichard today. 

Johnny: Yes I did baby so without further adieu let me introduce to you the Doctor of Desire Tom Prichard! 

Tom comes out and shakes hands with Lance and Johnny. 

Johnny: Welcome baby! Tell all these idiots what we're all about.

Tom: (smiles) Johnny, I have to say I'm a little confused. I was set to arrive in TNT and watched the program last week but I haven't had any conversations with you.

Johnny: Formalities baby. The fact of the matter is you're with me now and made the smartest decision of your career.

Tom: With all due respect Johnny, I think I want to do things on my own but hey I'm flattered by your invitation but it's just not in my plans. Thanks anyways.

Tom starts to walk away but an angry Valiant pulls him back and is holding his arm. Tom looks at Johnny's hand.

Johnny: How dare you! I offer you the chance of a lifetime and you embarrass me! You ungrateful punk!

Johnny pushes Tom then backs up and takes his shirt off.

Johnny: You and me right now and I'm going to teach you a lesson in manners.

Johnny storms into the ring. Tom smiles and waits for a Ref, then gets in the ring.

The bell rings and Valiant runs at Tom but Tom superkicks him 1..2..3!!!!

Huge pop!

Lance: (laughing) What a debut for Tom Prichard (more laughing) we'll be right back.  

prichard.jpg.5cdbf42f3d5f82121d5369bb1ff81f33.jpg

Commercial Break

Before the match, the Blonde Bombers had to help their manager Johnny Valiant out of the ring while Lance was still laughing.

DJ Peterson and Mountain Mike Shaw vs. 'The Ace' Art Crews and 'The Technician' Mark Fleming

Last week we saw Mark Fleming join the trio of Fergie, Young and Crews as they helped Fleming get the win over Denny Brown. They attacked Denny after the match. DJ and Mike weren't in the building last week and demanded this match. 

Mike and DJ are relentless and are all over Crews and Fleming. They use all power moves as they toss Fleming and Crews all over the ring. Crews and Fleming come back as they use their wrestling skills and a lot of double teaming. They almost got the win when Fleming executed a back suplex while Crews hit a clothesline drop. The match eventually breaks out in a pier six brawl. Shaw shoulder blocks Crews through the  ropes. DJ hops on the top rope and puts Fleming down with a flying shoulder tackle 1..2..3! 

The fans cheer as DJ and Shaw stand tall. 

Commercial Break 

Jerry Jarrett with a WrestleStorm 84 Update! 

Jarrett: On November 30th, TNT will present WrestleStorm 84 from the Memphis Coliseum and it will be broadcast on Closed Circuit throughout arenas all over the AWA. This will be a historic night of wrestling. Ted Dibiase will defend the AWA World Title against Buddy Landel. Let's here from the challenger right now. 

Landel: Tick Tock, Tick Tock. Dibiase! Boy your title reign is almost up. You see this is my destiny. I am Mr. AWA and at WrestleStorm my destiny will be fulfilled as the real Nature Boy will be holding the world title up high. You're a great chump I mean champ Dibiase but it's my time to shine and brother shine I will! 

Footage is shown from last week as Tully Blanchard put the chair to both Curt and his dad Larry. 

Jarrett: After what we just saw, let's take you to Curt Hennig from his home. 

Curt: You did it again Tully. Yea you're a big man with a chair. Ok, you want to go that route well how about this. WrestleStorm, you and me, last man standing, loser leaves town match! You got the guts? Let's put this to rest once and for all. That is if you've got the guts! 

Jarrett: We showed these comments to Tully Blanchard and here was his response. 

Tully: You Hennigs just don't know when to quit do you? Obviously your buffoon father didn't teach you very much. Curt you're simply no match for a man of my caliber. How many times do I have to beat you and your old man up before you get it? You want a last man standing loser leaves town match? Fine by me because not only will I send you packing but I get to send you out on a stretcher! And I really hope daddy is watching. 

Jarrett: Lot's of bad blood there. Fans you wont want to miss WrestleStorm 84. I'll see you next week for another update. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, big news for WrestleStorm 84 as Tully Blanchard takes on Curt Hennig in a last man standing loser leaves town match. One way or another this feud ends on November 30th. Well last week we heard that the Super Samoans were brutally attacked in the parking lot. We have some footage from a fan's hand held camera of what went down. 

Shaky footage shows the Cuban Assassins and Ratamyus viciously attacking the Samoans. They even throw the Samoans into nearby car's front windows!  

Lance: Truly a despicable act. I understand the Assassins and Ratamyus were going to be suspended but the Samoans begged Jerry Jarrett not to do it and instead want a match with the Assassins at WrestleStorm not just any match but a tornado match! Wow! This card is shaping up to be a wild night. Ok, back to the ring. 

Gino Brito Jr. and Tony Parisi vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie and 'Gorgeous' Gary Young 

Winners get a AWA Southern tag title match at WrestleStorm

Good back and forth tag match as both teams want that title shot bad. Young nails Brito with a knee to the back from the apron. Brito stumbles into a clothesline from Fergie. Fergie and Young work Brito over until Brito makes the hot tag. Parisi is a house of fire as he punches away on both Fergie and Young. Parisi and Brito take control and get several near falls. A pier six brawl breaks out and the Ref gets sandwiched in and goes down. Everybody is fighting. Brito and Parisi get the upper hand. They hit a double suplex on Young and Parisi follows with a cannonball senton while Brito hammers away on Fergie. Parisi is covering but the Ref is still down.

Boos as The Oates Brothers hit the ring! They pound away on Brito and hurl him out of the ring. Parisi gets up but is floored with a double clothesline. The Oates leave the ring. Fergie and Young regroup, pick up Parisi and hit a double rib breaker. Fergie drags the Ref over and he counts 1..2..3! 

BOOS! 

Fergie and Young hug and jump up and down. Brito finally gets back in the ring to check on his partner. 

Lance: A miscarriage of justice as the Oates Wrecking Crew wreck havoc once again on Brito and Parisi. Wait a minute here comes Gene Anderson. 

Gene: Lance, I told you! I put a hit out on Brito and Parisi and the Oates Wrecking Crew have delivered! We're not going to stop until they're out of TNT. Mark my words! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well, Fergie and Young get the title shot at WrestleStorm 84. They will be facing my guests at this time the AWA Southern tag champs, the Fabulous Ones.

Big time cheers as Stan and Steve come out slapping hands with the fans.

fabs.jpg.c8c7ad79abd9b98113f9b45e08d39aed.jpg

The Fabs cut a promo and say Fergie and Young might have got the shot but there's no way they're leaving WrestleStorm with these titles!  The fans cheer as the Fabs hold up their titles. 

Lance: Ok, there you have it from the AWA Southern champs, the Fabulous Ones. Fans I want to take you to comments from TNT Champ Bill Dundee, TV champ Austin Idol and The Dream Machine. 

Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine are on a beach. They're sitting in chairs while beautiful ladies are massaging them. 

Dundee: So Lawler thinks he has something up his sleeve. Let me tell you something Lawler, we don't care who your mystery partner is because you're going to need a lot more than one man to beat the three of us. I mean do we look scared? 

Dream: That's right babay! Lawler! We cant wait to put you down and out. You're looking at true friends a true alliance and babay you cant touch us. All you're doing is putting that partner of yours in serious danger. 

Idol: Lawler you're nothing but a selfish glory hog! Once again you're bringing somebody else in to manipulate. We put you down already and as you can see we're taking a well deserved vacation. We're not worried about you. I mean this cage match is going to be a joke. But hey it gives us another opportunity to whip your ass brother. 

Dundee: Man, I cant wait to do that...again! 

Commercial Break 

TV Main event 

Brass Knuckles open challenge title bout

Hercules Ayala (C) vs. ???

Ayala is pacing around the ring holding up his title to the booing fans. Ayala hands his title to the Ref. Ayala's hands are taped and he's ready to go as he clenches his fists and looks meaner than ever. Ayala grabs the mic 

"I told you! Nobody wants to face me! Everybody is scared!" 

The fans get up and go crazy as CARLOS COLON walks out! 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Lance: Oh my! Carlos Colon is here in TNT! I cant believe it! Boy do these two have history! 

Ayala looks like he's seen a ghost as Carlos enters the ring. Ayala just cant believe it. 

The bell rings but Ayala is still in shock. Ayala then gets angry and charges but Colon blocks his punch and fires away! Colon just unloads with punches then winds up and uppercuts Ayala. Ayala staggers against the ropes and Colon swings off the opposite ropes and clotheslines Ayala over the top rope! The fans are going crazy! Colon does a cartwheel and pumps his fists. 

Ayala staggers up and falls back down. Ayala gets back up, runs over and grabs his title then just walks out! 

The Ref has no choice but to make the count and ends up counting Ayala out. Colon wins by c.o. but is clearly disappointed. 

Lance: Unbelievable! Carlos Colon, come on over. Welcome to TNT. It looks like you and Ayala have some unfinished business from Puerto Rico. 

Colon: So good to be here Lance. I'm very excited and yes Hercules Ayala and myself have been involved in many wars. A war that is not yet over. Ayala took the coward's way out tonight but rest assured our paths will cross again here in TNT! 

Lance: Ok, Carlos Colon! Fans what a show this has been. The road to WrestleStorm 84 is in full gear. I'll see you next week and we'll have comments from Jerry 'The King' Lawler! 

WrestleStorm 84

11-30-84

Memphis Coliseum and to be broadcasted on closed circuit TV

AWA World Title Bout 

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. 'Mr. AWA' the 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel 

STEEL CAGE MATCH!!! 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler and a Mystery Partner

vs.

TNT Champ 'Superstar' Bill Dundee, TV Champ 'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol and The Dream Machine 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie and 'Gorgeous' Gary Young

Last Man Standing-Loser Leaves Town Match!

Tully Blanchard vs. Curt Hennig

TNT Tag Team Title Bout

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. The Roughnecks

Tornado Match! 

The Super Samoans vs. The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus 

10,000 dollar Battle Royal- winner gets a TNT title shot

Just Announced

BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE BOUT 

Hercules Ayala (C) vs. Carlos Colon

The Oates Wrecking Crew vs. Tony Parisi and Gino Brito Jr. 

Really like the dominance at the end with Murdoch and Adonis taking the big win.  This keeps them red hot going into the big card

Nice way to keep both Jones and Wells looking good.  Wells with the win, Jones with the revenge!!

And just like that!  Prichard is over with the fans... so simple... so quick... so effective.  I am going to use this one

DJ and Shaw is an interesting team.  You could do some much with them.  They could be the champs or the JTTS.... Can't wait to see what you do with this feud you got building.

Colon vs Ayala on free TV... Love it!

Can't wait for the big one.  Nice lead in show here

Great show as we build towards Wrestle Storm that is still nearly a month away but already is well built and a must see show!

What a perfect way to debut Prichard!  Instant feud with Johnny V and company and instant connection with the fans as a babyface...perfectly executed! I love it!

Mr. Wrestling 2 has his protege ready to take on the world....which is what he'll be doing in this battle royal!

Great promos building towards the Wrestle Storm matches.....I can hear each one of these guys voice while reading these.....the Blanchard vs the Hennigs feud has been one of my favorite feuds in the game recently!

The heel push of SD Jones is one of the things that make this sort of game so much fun....seeing what could have been (and maybe shoulda) been.

Jumbo vs. Rick Martel is one I'm really looking forward to at Wrestle Storm as well!

Great logical way to bring in Carlos Colon taking on his mortal enemy Ayala! There should be plenty mileage in this feud!

Adonis and Murdoch take out The Real Deal, but now Brooks and Sweetan who got rid of the Jayhawks are calling their name. That sounds like one hell of a feud!

Really enjoying the Wells/Jones feud, if Roosevelt needs a friend, give me a call, I know some guys!

I am not a Tom Prichard fan in real life, but that was a fantastic segment. Instantly over, instantly beloved. Awesome Stuff.

Love seeing my boy DJ Peterson picking up those wins!

Blanchard vs Hennig, Last Man Standing, Loser Leaves Town.... DAMN. That is a match. I can't wait to see how that one plays out!!

Damn, now my other boy "Gorgeous" Gary is getting a shot at the Fabs! Loving this!!

Ayala vs Colon is sure to bring blood baths all around the loop!

WrestleStorm is looking freaking amazing!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse Memphis TN, 11-8-84

Footage from last week is shown as Carlos Colon arrives in TNT to answer the open challenge of Hercules Ayala. Colon hammers away on Ayala and Ayala just walks out.

Lance Russell: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. You saw footage from last week and it was made official, at WrestleStorm 84, Hercules Ayala will defend the Brass Knuckles title against Carlos Colon. Speaking of last week, we also saw Tom Prichard arrive and superkick Johnny Valiant out of his boots. Tonight, Prichard will take on one half of the Blond Bombers, Jerry Grey. Also tonight, Denny Brown takes on Mark Fleming. After what went down last week, Gino Brito and Tony Parisi have challenged the Oates Brothers to a match tonight. We'll hear from Jerry Lawler, Buddy Landel and Tully Blanchard. Big 6 man main event as TNT champ Bill Dundee, TV champ Austin Idol and the Dream Machine will face Cocoa Samoa, Mr. Wrestling 3 and Scott McGhee. Well let's go to the ring. 

'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard vs. "The Golden Boy" Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant 

Valiant is still pissed about last week and is yelling at Prichard. The bell rings and Grey takes advantage of the distraction and attacks Tom. Grey punches away then stomps down on Tom. Grey chokes Tom on the bottom rope then drops several knees. Grey slams Tom to the center of the ring. Hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Grey hammers away on Tom then hoists him up on the turnbuckles. Grey hops up and is going for a superplex but Tom fires away and sends Grey flying back with a big punch. Tom regroups. Grey staggers up and Tom puts him down with a flying dropkick. Valiant gets on the apron and is yelling at Tom. Tom runs over and a forearm blast sends Valiant flying off. Grey staggers up and Tom puts him down with a Superkick 1..2..3!  BIG POP! 

Grey's blonde bomber partner Steve Regal hits the ring but Tom rolls out with a smile and raises his arm in victory. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Alright joining me now is the man who will face Ted Dibiase for the AWA World Title at WrestleStorm 84. The Nature Boy Buddy Landel. 

Buddy comes out wearing a suit. 

Buddy: Lance, the pleasure is certainly yours. You're standing here with Mr. AWA and also the real Nature Boy. Word on the grapevine is that imposter Ric Flair is running his mouth. Flair! I have bigger things to worry about then proving what everybody already knows and that is I am the true one and only Nature Boy! Stay clear Flair! Now, Dibiase! At WrestleStorm 84 brother that world title comes home with me. I told you this is my destiny and baby you cant stop me. No Way! You're a great champ, no doubt about it but brother I'm Mr. AWA for a reason and at WrestleStorm I'm going to give you a wrestling lesson you wont ever forget. 

Buddy pulls out a comb and combs his hair back 

Buddy: Man I feel great! 

Lance: He's something else. Ok, back to the ring. 

The Roughnecks vs. Gary Williams and Vic Dutro 

Roughnecks tune up for the WrestleStorm TNT tag title match with Adonis and Murdoch. Roughnecks just destroy their opponents. Sweetan swings Dutro into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Sweetan tags in Brooks. Sweetan slams Dutro and Brooks comes off the top rope with a knee drop for the pin! 

Roughnecks cut a promo and say Adonis and Murdoch have a fight coming at WrestleStorm! 

Commercial Break 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson vs. Todd Rooney

Jumbo dismantles Rooney then swings him to the ropes and nails him with a big boot to the head. Jumbo picks up Rooney and powerbombs him down for the easy pin.

tsuruta.jpg.9a9d9cdf6450a5281113261caca37fbc.jpg 

Gene leads Jumbo to the podium. 

Lance: I have to say your man Jumbo Tsuruta looked impressive tonight. He will have his hands full at WrestleStorm when he faces Rick Martel who'll be making his TNT debut.

Gene: First off I want to address those idiots Brito and Parisi. They didn't want to wait for WrestleStorm and made a stupid and impulsive challenge to the Oates Wrecking Crew tonight. Well that's great news because now the Wrecking Crew wont have to wait to finish them off. Now! For almost a year, Jumbo Tsuruta has been the most dominant wrestler in TNT and has been criminally overlooked in the title picture. Does he get a title shot at the biggest event in history? NO! Instead they put him in a match with a man making his debut. Rick Martel yes you're a world renowned wrestler and very well respected across the AWA but the bottom line is at WrestleStorm you're nothing but an obstacle for Jumbo Tsuruta. When Jumbo defeats you, Jerry Jarrett will have no choice but to give him a long overdue title shot! 

Commercial Break 

The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus vs. Sean and Sam Smith 

Assassins maul the Smith Brothers and finish Sam off with a double rib breaker for the pin. Ratamyus instructs his men to put Sean down. They beat down Sean and execute a double rib breaker on him. 

The fans go wild as the Super Samoans hit the ring! They just hammer away on the Assassins. Ratamyus tries to exit the ring but the Samoans grab him and double headbutt him down! They hurl Angel out of the ring. Sakalia slams down Fidel and Tui follows with a Superfly Splash off the top rope! 

The fans are cheering as the Super Samoans stand tall. 

Lance: Wow! The Samoans get some revenge after that parking lot attack a few weeks ago. Those two teams will meet in a tornado match at WrestleStorm. Speaking of WrestleStorm, Jerry Jarrett is up next with another update. 

Commercial Break 

WrestleStorm 84 update w/Jerry Jarrett 

Jarrett: On November 30th at the Memphis Coliseum and shown on closed circuit throughout AWA arenas around the country, TNT history will be made at WrestleStorm 84. On that night TNT champ Bill Dundee, TV champ Austin Idol and The Dream Machine will face Jerry Lawler and one mystery partner in a steel cage match. Let's hear from Jerry Lawler, who's still recuperating at home. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lawler: I'm real glad you boys got a good tan at the beach because come WrestleStorm my partner is going to beat those tans right off your bodies. I really cant wait! I want my fans to know, I've been training and will be 100% by November 30th. Dundee! Idol! Dream Machine! Keep laughing, have a great time but the best part is come WrestleStorm, I'm defiantly getting the last laugh. 

Jarrett: After what went down last week between George Wells and Roosevelt Jones, I want to take you to comments from both Wells and Jones. 

Wells: Lightning struck twice and Jones you got the best of me once again. Of course you love sucker punching and attacking from behind. Well brother I'm looking for another fight. Wrestlestorm 84, let's you and me get down in a ghetto street fight! What do you say? 

Jones: Oh yea, I hear Wells wants me in a ghetto street fight. That don't surprise me one bit because Wells is nothing but a lowlife street bum! While I'm a part of something big, something special, I'm talking about the Movement! Wells, you cant stop it! You want a fight? You got one chump! 

Update ends with Dj Peterson and  Mike Shaw giving promos on the 10,000 Dollar winner gets a TNT title shot battle royal 

Commercial Break 

The Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson vs. Gino Brito Jr. and Tony Parisi 

Last week, the Oates interfered and costed Brito and Parisi their match with Fergie and Young and a chance at the AWA Southern tag titles. These teams will meet at WrestleStorm but Brito and Parisi didn't want to wait.

Big shock as they start brawling before the bell even rings. They just hammer away on each other in the ring then the fight takes them to the outside. The fight continues as this one is thrown out. They keep fighting into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Fabulous Ones come out and cut a promo on WrestleStorm 84. Lance takes us back to the ring. 

'Downtown' Denny Brown vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming 

A couple weeks ago, Denny faced the debuting Fleming in what was supposed to be a scientific encounter. Fleming got the win thanks to Art Crews, Gary Young and Carl Fergie. Fleming joined the group. Tonight Denny wants a little payback.

Denny controls early with a series of hip tosses followed by a dropkick. Denny continues to work Fleming over until Fleming resorts to an eye rake. Fleming shows off his wrestling ability with a variety of suplexes but cant put Denny way. Fleming goes for a suplex but Denny blocks it and suplexes Fleming over. Denny gets control and swings Fleming to the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Denny suplexes Fleming, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with an elbow drop but Fleming moves. Both men regroup. They stagger up and have a heated exchange. Fleming gets the upper hand, swings Denny to the ropes and goes for a backdrop but Denny kicks him and quickly executes an Oklahoma roll 1..2..3! 

BIG POP! 

The Ref raises Denny's arm but WHAM! He's nailed from behind by Crews, Young and Fergie! The 3 men stomp away until the fans roar as the Fabulous Ones hit the ring with fire! They hammer away and send Crews, Young and Fergie running as Fleming rolls out of the ring. The Fabs help Denny up. 

Lance: What a match. Thank goodness the Fabs were here. At WrestleStorm the Fabulous Ones will defend the AWA Southern tag titles against Carl Fergie and Gary Young. I'm sure Denny Brown will cross paths with Fleming and Crews in the battle royal. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

TNT Champ "Superstar" Bill Dundee, TV Champ 'Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol and Dream Machine 

vs. 

Cocoa Samoa, Scott McGhee and Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 

Man, Dundee, Idol and Dream are getting serious heat tonight still stemming from that brutal attack on Jerry Lawler a few weeks back. That will come to an explosion at WrestleStorm. Cocoa, McGhee and Wrestling 3 will all be involved in the WrestleStorm battle royal so they all want to shine and get momentum. McGhee's Real Deal partner Ricky Vaughn sustained a sprained ankle in last week's match hence why he's not here tonight so Wrestling 3 gladly accepted to substitute. 

The fans are hopping as Cocoa, McGhee and Wrestling 3 control the early segment with solid teamwork and a fast pace. McGhee swings Dundee into the turnbuckles and follows with a running European uppercut then tags in Wrestling 3. Wrestling 3 suplexes Dundee and follows with a standing leg drop then tags in Cocoa. Cocoa leaps off the top rope and crashes down with a diving headbutt 1..2..Idol and Dream break it up. A pier six brawl breaks out. The Ref finally gets control but during all the chaos, Idol was able to clothesline Cocoa from behind. 

Dundee staggers up and smashes Cocoa's head on Dream's boot then tags in Dream. Idol and Dundee choke Cocoa as Dream kicks away. McGhee and Wrestling 3 run over but the Ref guides them back. Dream swings Cocoa to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash then  tags in Idol. Idol swings off the ropes and lands a jumping elbow drop on Cocoa 1..2..McGhee makes the save. Idol chokes away on Cocoa then swings him into the corner and tags in Dundee. Once again Idol and Dream are pounding away on Cocoa while Dundee kicks away. McGhee and Wrestling 3 storm over and a pier six brawl breaks out. 

Wrestling 3 punches Dream through the ropes. McGhee is hammering away on idol. Cocoa is starting to fire up on Dundee. On the outside Dream gets up and nails Mr. Wrestling 2 from behind. Dream starts to try and rip his mask off. Wrestling 3 sees this and goes out after Dream. They fight on the outside. Idol hits McGhee with a lowblow. Cocoa is punching away on Dundee but Idol nails Cocoa from behind with a high knee. Dundee slams Cocoa then climbs to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away 1..2..3! 

BOOOOOOOOS! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: That match went nuts. Well it looks like the trio of Dundee, Idol and Dream are working well as a unit and are ready for WrestleStorm 84. Well at WrestleStorm 84, Curt Hennig will take on Tully Blanchard in a Last Man Standing Loser Leaves Town match. Lot's of bad blood and history between those two men. Coming out now is Tully Blanchard. 

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpg

Tully: From day one that shyster of a commissioner Larry Hennig had it out for me. Well I eliminated him and then he sends in that punk kid of his Curt but I whipped him. Then I got to beat them both up at the same time with a chair. I cant tell you how much I enjoyed that. Listen up Curt. Your Dad is a gutless coward and hid behind his authority. And he's defiantly your father because you're more gutless than him. (LAUGHS) You're both weak and stupid and after WrestleStorm I'll make sure you both can spend a lot of time together. I feel sorry for you Curt, I mean having to wrestle under the disgraceful name of Hennig. I'm going to do you a favor and rid the AWA of The Hennig name. I'm going to give you a clean slate. You can change your last name and then you can thank me. (LAUGHS)  

WHAM!

Curt Hennig storms the podium and levels Tully!!!!

Lance: WHOA!

Curt punches Tully down, puts his knee on Tully's chest, grabs him by his hair and just punches away!

hennig.jpg.3445f0af1c06e9a61e1515bd69b8465f.jpg

Wrestlers from the back come out as the show ends.  

WrestleStorm 84 Final Card 

Memphis Coliseum and to be broadcasted on Closed Circuit on 11-30-84

AWA World Title Bout 

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. 'Mr. AWA', "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

STEEL CAGE MATCH! 

Jerry 'The King" Lawler and a Mystery Partner 

vs.

TNT Champ "Superstar" Bill Dundee, TV Champ "Universal Heartthrob" Austin idol and The Dream Machine

AWA Southern tag team title bout 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. "Cool" Carl Fergie and "Gorgeous" Gary Young 

Brass Knuckles Title Bout 

TNT tag team title bout

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. The Roughnecks 

Last Man Standing Loser Leaves Town Match

Curt Hennig vs. Tully Blanchard

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson vs. Rick Martel 

Ghetto Street Fight 

Gino Brito Jr. and Tony Parisi vs. The Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson 

Tornado Tag Match 

10,000 Dollar Battle Royal winner gets a TNT Title shot 

Cocoa Samoa, DJ Peterson, Mike Shaw, Denny Brown, Art Crews, Mark Fleming, Mr. Wrestling 3, Steve Regal, Jerry Grey, Scott McGhee, Ricky Vaughn, Lanny Poffo, Joe Savoldi, Tom Prichard

Good Lord that Wrestlestorm card is STACKED!!

You do such an amazing job of building everyone on your show. Everyone has an angle, everyone has motivation. Thumbs Up for that cause it's not easy.

I can't wait to see who Lawler has as a partner to have that kind of confidence going into a handicap match! This is gonna be good.

The Roughneck vs Adonis/Murdoch match is going to be a freaking brawl, and I can't wait to see who survives it.

and man, Hennig vs Blanchard is going to be a war. This one could go either way, and whoever comes out on top, along with the winner of Jumbo/Martel have legitimate claims at title opportunities.

Wrestlestorm gets bigger each and every week! 

Hennig vs. Blanchard is an amazing match up even if was a cold match but with all the build up and heat this match has going on this one should steal the show!

Jumbo vs. Martel could potentially be a show stealer as well! Looking forward to this one as well!

I can't imagine who Lawler has in mind for his mystery partner to be so confident in a handicap match as Blehschmidt mentioned...I have a couple of ideas...it will be fun to see it play out.

Of course Buddy Landell has no shortage of confidence going into his World title match with Ted Dibiase and still talking smack at Flair lol

Great build up to Wrestlestorm.

Hennig/Blanchard is the highlight for me!

Love how Jumbo continues to bounce from feud to feud.  The outcome with Martel is interesting as I wonder who gets the push.

LAWLER/IDOL/DUNDEE/DREAM  and now a mystery man.... can't wait.

Landell is awesome where ever he goes.  Looking forward to the battle for the title

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 11-15-84

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. We're just 2 weeks away from WrestleStorm 84 and boy are things heating up for that. Tonight's blockbuster main event will see the team of Tully Blanchard and Brass Knuckles champ Hercules Ayala take on Curt Hennig and Carlos Colon! After what happened during last week's match, Mr. Wrestling 3 goes up against The Dream Machine. One half of the TNT tag team champions Dick Murdoch takes on Bob Sweetan. Huge 6 man tag match as the AWA Southern tag champs The Fabulous Ones team with Denny Brown to take on Carl Fergie, Gary Young and Art Crews. We'll hear from Buddy Landel and we also have comments from the AWA world champ Ted Dibiase. Well let's kick things off with a good one. 

The Dream Machine vs. Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2

During last week's 6 man tag match, the Dream Machine went to the outside and went after Mr. Wrestling 2 and tried to tear his mask off until Mr. Wrestling 3 ran out to stop it. 

The Dream Machine is yelling down and pointing at Wrestling 2. The bell rings and Mr. Wrestling 3 comes from behind and executes a back suplex 1..2..Dream barely kicks out. Wrestling 3 is on fire as he controls the early minutes with takeovers and takedowns. Wrestling 3 has a side headlock going as Dream pushes him to the ropes but Wrestling 3 comes back with a shoulder block. Dream gets up and Wrestling 3 scoop slams him down and follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick out.

Boos as Bill Dundee and Austin Idol come to ringside. They slowly walk towards Mr. Wrestling 2. The Ref goes over and is yelling at Dundee and Idol to go back to the back. Wrestling 3 sees what's going on and goes to the ropes. Dream gets up and nails Wrestling 3 on the back of his head with a double axe handle. Dream stomps away on Wrestling 3 then chokes him with his boot and rakes it across the mask as Dundee and Idol cheer him on. Dream continues to work Wrestling 3 over with slams, stomps and choking. 

Dream swings Wrestling 3 to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Wrestling 3 kicks him. Wrestling 3 swings off the ropes but Dundee trips him. Wrestling 3 staggers into a clothesline by Dream Machine. Wrestling 2 runs at Dundee but Idol nails him from behind. The Ref is distracted as Dundee and Idol punch away on Wrestling 3. 

The fans go absolutely nuts as JERRY LAWLER hits the ring with a chair and nails Dream Machine over the head with it!!!! Lawler gets out of there as Dundee and Idol scream and yell at the Ref. Wrestling 3 rolls over and covers Dream. The Ref dives over and counts 1..2..3!!!

HUGE POP!

Dundee and Idol hit the ring and attack Wrestling 3 but here comes Lawler again and he's swinging the chair like a madman! Idol dives out of the ring as Lawler sends Dundee through the ropes with a chair shot to the back!

The fans are going wild!

Commercial Break

Lance: OH MY! Jerry Lawler is back in Memphis and brother he's back with a vengeance! Unbelievable.  At WrestleStorm, Jerry Lawler and his mystery partner will meet Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine inside a steel cage. Fans back to the ring for the debut of an exciting new team in TNT. 

High Octane ("Leaping" Lanny Poffo and "Jumping" Joe Savoldi) vs. Gary Williams and Vic Dutro

Poffo and Savoldi have the fans hopping as they work over their opponents with high flying offense. The finish comes when Savoldi puts Dutro down with a missile dropkick and tags in Poffo who finishes him off with a Senton from the top rope! 

The fans cheer as Poffo and Savoldi high five and pump their fists then head to the podium. 

Lance: Well you guys defiantly live up to the name High Octane. Welcome to TNT and I understand both of you will be competing in the battle royal at WrestleStorm. 

Poffo and Savoldi express their excitement to be here and look forward to facing the tag team competition here in TNT. They say they've stepped right into the fire as they'll will get a look at a lot of that competition in the battle royal. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: My guests at this time are the group of Carl Fergie, Gary Young, Art Crews and Mark Fleming. Carl, I understand you have something to say. 

Carl: (Pulls out a dictionary and opens it up) SOLIDARITY- unity of feeling or action especially among individuals with a common interest; mutual support within a group. (closes the dictionary) Lance, that sums up this group perfectly so from now on this group is known as Solidarity and brother we're going to dominate TNT. 

They all hug and yell "Solidarity!" 

Lance: Well...ok...You just heard from Solidarity and they'll be in a big 6 man tag later tonight. Back to the ring. 

TNT Tag Champ Dick Murdoch w/Adrian Adonis vs. "Bruiser" Bob Sweetan w/Killer Brooks

Talk about a hard hitting match up! These guys spend the first couple minutes hammering away on each other. Well it doesn't take long before Adonis and Brooks are fighting on the outside. Murdoch and Sweetan fight through the ropes and everybody is brawling on the outside. The Ref reaches the 10 count and both men are counted out but everybody keeps fighting into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break

Lance: That was quite the fight and those teams will meet at WrestleStorm for the TNT tag team titles. Speaking of WrestleStorm my guest at this time will be in a Ghetto Street Fight with George Wells. Roosevelt Jones come over. 

Jones: Lance! Every since joining the Movement, I've felt rejuvenated, re energized and brother I've been reborn! George Wells aint nothing but a puppet being pulled by his pathetic strings. At WrestleStorm I'm putting Wells down and that's going to be for the Movement!

Lance: Ok strong words from Roosevelt Jones. Switching gears I want to bring in Scott McGhee and Ricky Vaughn, the Real Deal. You guys will be in the WrestleStorm battle royal.

scott.jpg.3f6f76d87ca20d78f14a6aaf81d3dbd4.jpgvaughn.png.197b919c0e8a67a4c75f889d2e525a90.png

Ricky: Just a sec Lance, I want to clear something up with my partner. Scott, I know it was your mistake that costed us our chance at the TNT tag titles but I'm here to say I forgive you and we can move on from this. Now I have a chance of a lifetime to win the battle royal and get a shot at the TNT title. I...

Scott: Hold on Lance, I didn't know you felt that way. I don't recall it being solely my fault. Last I checked we were a team.

Ricky: Yea, that's why you had me replaced in that 6 man tag last week. Wait I'm sorry never mind, I put that behind me.

Scott: Ricky, you were hurt, that's the only reason why you were replaced. Now let's focus on the future.

Ricky: (pause) You're right, what's done is done. Just remember a battle royal is every man for himself. (Laughs) Just kidding partner. (Pats Scott on the back)

A highlight montage is shown of Rick Martel. Martel makes his TNT debut at WrestleStorm against Jumbo Tsuruta. 

Commercial Break

AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones and "Downtown" Denny Brown

vs.

Solidarity ("Cool" Carl Fergie, "Gorgeous" Gary Young and "The Ace" Art Crews) W/ "The Technician" Mark Fleming 

The Fabulous Ones will be defending their titles against Young and Fergie at WrestleStorm. Denny has recently had his problems with Solidarity so here we are. 

Fast paced match as the Fabs and Denny are working well as a cohesive unit. The Fabs swing Crews to the ropes and double back drop him. Fergie runs in but the Fabs put him down with a double punch. Young comes in but Denny drop kicks him through the ropes. 

The Ref gets control and guides Keirn and Denny to the corner. While this is going on Fergie and Young double slam Lane before going back to their corner. Crews swings Lane into the corner. Fergie and Young choke away while Crews stomps away. Denny and Keirn run in but the Ref guides them back. Crews holds Lane while Young comes off the top rope with a punch to the head. Young works Lane over and tags in Fergie. Fergie chokes Lane on the bottom rope, the Ref gets him off which allows Fleming from the outside to choke Lane. Fergie swings Lane into the corner and charges in but Lane lifts his knees and Fergie hits head first. Lane dives over and tags in Keirn.

Keirn slams Fergie, swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Crews breaks it. Denny runs in and a forearm blast sends Crews into his corner. Keirn tags in Denny. Keirn and Denny double suplex Fergie. Denny covers 1..2..Young breaks it. Keirn fights Young into the corner. Crews runs in and Lane tackles him down and hammers away. The Ref is lost in all the chaos. Fleming climbs to the top rope. Fergie rakes Denny's eyes and holds him. Fleming dives off the top rope but Lane intercepts with a Superkick! Keirn nails Fergie from behind and Lane covers 1..2..3! Lane wasn't the legal man but the Ref was confused. 

The fans cheer! Fergie is holding his head. Fleming is out on the canvas. Young and Crews get up and yell at the Ref about Lane not being the legal man but the Ref holds his hands out and tells them the decision stands. 

Winners of the match- The Fabs and Denny Brown. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well Solidarity takes the loss tonight, we'll see how they rebound come WrestleStorm. Speaking of WrestleStorm, my guest at this time will be wrestling for the AWA World Title against Ted Dibiase. I'm talking about Buddy Landel. 

BOOOOOOOS! 

Landel: Mr. AWA and the one and only Nature Boy! Lance baby, I have a big announcement. The executives at the USA network called me up and said Buddy, Buddy we need you. We desperately need a boost in the ratings. We saw what you did for the ratings at WTBS and we want that. Would you please do us the honors and wrestle on TV. Please! Lance, I'm a man who likes to help people and so next week, Mr. AWA and the true one and only Nature Boy will be in action. I can get the ratings that Ric Flair only dreams of getting. And that's why I am the one and only Nature Boy! Now moving on, Ted Dibiase, the AWA needs a champion like me. You've got the wrestling goods no denying that but brother I've got that and I've got the charisma something you fall way short on. Dibiase, at WrestleStorm I fulfill my destiny and beat you for the world title. It's only right that Mr. AWA becomes the AWA world champion. And then all the TV stations across the AWA will see ratings sky rocket like never before! Damn it's great to be me! 

Lance: Ok a very confident Buddy Landel. Now let's here from the AWA champ himself as Ted Dibiase with some pre recorded comments. 

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

Dibiase: Oh boy have I been listening to Buddy Landel and his big mouth. The man loves to talk a big game but Landel let's see if you can back up that talk come WrestleStorm. I thrive in the big matches and this here title proves it! I've come to TNT many times and have beaten all the top names put in front of me. Landel! Plain and simple...you're next! 

Commercial Break 

Before their match, Mike Shaw and DJ Peterson are at the podium. They say they've really enjoyed teaming up and have decided to do it full time. DJ smiles at Lance and says he can call them Rolling Thunder! 

shaw.jpg.f516f204e627d5726c8d1e3100d85dc6.jpgdj.jpg.29d27d5cb55d61339a58e6abb3737f16.jpg

Rolling Thunder (MIke Shaw and DJ Peterson) vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Big time squash as Rolling Thunder just dominates the Smith Brothers with a array of power moves. The finish comes when DJ knocks Sam down with a shoulder tackle from the top rope. He tags in Shaw and Shaw hits the body splash for the pin! 

Lance: Wow! Impressive win for Rolling Thunder. Another team looking to work their way up the tag team ladder... oh hold on.

Ratamyus storms to the podium with the Cuban Assassins.

Ratamyus: Those Samoan savages made a grave mistake last week by viciously attacking my Cuban Assassins! Savages! At WrestleStorm I promise my Assassins will beat you down until they scrape your bodies off the mat! And at WrestleStorm just for the battle royal I'm going to unleash my latest prized possession. He's coming! He's coming! 

They exit

Lance: That man gives me the chills...Ok, our main event is next. 

Commercial Break 

Curt Hennig and Carlos Colon vs. Tully Blanchard and Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala

Man oh man a lot of bad blood in this one. The bell rings and it's all chaos! Curt and Tully have a furious exchange. Ayala and Colon are just throwing bombs at each other. The Ref is letting it go and doesn't even want to get in the middle of all this. Curt swings Tully into the corner, hops up on the turnbuckles and punches away on his head. Colon hammers away on Ayala but while the Ref is with Tully and Curt, Ayala hits Colon with a lowblow! Colon rolls over and out of the ring. Ayala nails Curt from behind and yanks him off the turnbuckles. The Ref finally gets order. 

Tully regroups and drops a series of knees on Curt. Tully slams Curt and follows with consecutive elbow drops. Tully grabs Curt by his hair and punches away on his face. Tully lifts Curt up and slams him into Ayala's boot then tags in Ayala. Ayala punches away on Curt, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a right hand blast. Ayala stomps on Curt, picks him up and slams him hard. Ayala drops a knee 1..2..Curt barley gets his shoulder up. Colon finally gets back on the apron and cheers Curt on. Ayala lifts up Curt and yells over at Colon. Ayala swings Curt into the corner and charges in but Curt moves, rolls over and tags in Colon! 

The fans cheer as Colon punches away on Ayala swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Ayala staggers up and Colon clotheslines him down. Tully runs in but Colon punches him back. Colon picks up Ayala and vertical suplexes him back, swings off the ropes and lands a fist drop 1..2..Tully drops a knee on Colon's head. Curt runs in but the Ref guides him back which allows Tully to stomp away on Colon and pull Ayala to their corner. The Ref turns around as Ayala tags in Tully.

Tully slams Colon, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Curt makes the save. Tully gets up and runs at Curt but the Ref gets order. Tully picks up Colon and swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Colon swings back and clotheslines Tully down then dives over and tags in Curt. Curt is fired up now. Tully staggers up and backs up into the corner begging mercy. Curt runs in and stomps Tully down then hip tosses him and follows with a running neck snap. Curt picks up Tully, swings him to the ropes and hits a beautiful high drop kick 1..2..Ayala drops an elbow on Curt's head. Colon runs in and fights Ayala to the corner. 

Tully is reaching in his tights and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. Curt staggers up. The Ref is trying to break up Colon and Ayala. Curt picks up Tully but Tully knocks him out with the brass knuckles! The Ref runs over 1..2..3! 

Colon punches Ayala out of the ring as Tully slides out. Colon runs to a busted open and knocked out Curt Hennig. 

Lance: Very unfortunate as Tully and Ayala steal a victory. Well Curt will get his chance at revenge as he takes on Tully in a last man standing loser leaves town match at WrestleStorm. Also at WrestleStorm, Colon will get a shot at Ayala and his brass knuckles title. Well fans....

Bill Dundee and Austin Idol storm the podium! 

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpgidol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg 

Idol: Lawler! You proved tonight why you're nothing but a back shooting gutless coward! Dream Machine is in the back seeking medical treatment. I hope you're real proud of yourself. Lawler you're nothing but a lowlife bum! 

Dundee: Lawler! You got your shot in tonight but brother come WrestleStorm rest assured when it's all said and done, you and your very stupid mystery partner will be laid out and beaten down! Idol, Dream and myself cant wait to get you in that cage! Cant wait! Whoever your partner is I want him to listen up. If you want to continue on with a normal life then take my advice and don't show up at WrestleStorm. Trust me, Lawler isn't worth it. We're out of here! 

WrestleStorm 84

11-30-84

Memphis Coliseum and will be broadcasted on closed circuit 

AWA World Title Bout 

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Mr. AWA "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel 

STEEL CAGE BOUT!!! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and a Mystery Partner 

vs.

TNT Champ "Superstar" Bill Dundee, TV Champ "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol and Dream Machine

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Solidarity ("Cool" Carl Fergie and "Gorgeous" Gary Young)

LAST MAN STANDING LOSER LEAVES TOWN MATCH

TNT Brass Knuckles Title Bout 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. "Bruiser" Bob Sweetan and Killer Brooks

Ghetto Street Fight 

Gino Brito Jr. and Tony Parisi vs, The Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson 

Tornado Tag Match

10,000 Dollar Battle Royal- Winner gets a TNT title shot 

I often find these lead -up shows to be the hardest to right as they get repetitive.  You did a great job of keeping it fresh with some interesting tag matches and crazy finishes.  

Lawler in a wild brawl in Memphis to open a show gets us all hooked in and the Tully with the Brass Knucks to finish it brings us back next week. 

Excited to see the mystery man!

Solidarity is born... hugs it out and then takes a loss.  I wonder how long this group will be united.

Ricky Vaughn had a great look.  Wonder why he never made it?  I think the Lance VonErich thing and how big world class was might have limited him elsewhere.

Ratymus.... he seemed... almost normal.  For him at least.  He was just full of anger but with him, I can't wait to see the end game with the Samoans.

Rolling Thunder is a nice physical paring that could do it all for your midcard tag division

• 2 weeks later...

TNT WrestleStorm 84 Preview Show  w/Lance Russell 

Lance: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to this special WrestleStorm 84 preview show here on the USA Network. As all of you know WrestleStorm 84 comes to you this Saturday November 30th from the Memphis Coliseum and will also be broadcasted on closed circuit TV at various arenas across the AWA. Tonight I will rundown the historical card. 

10,000 Dollar Battle Royal and the winner will also receive a TNT title shot 

promos from DJ Peterson, Mike Shaw, Cocoa Samoa, The Blonde Bombers and Tom Prichard regarding the battle royal. 

Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus vs. The Super Samoans- Tornado Match

This one started when the Samoans came in to help Cocoa Samoa in his war with Ratamyus. It didn't end there as the Cuban Assassins brutally attacked the Samoans in the parking lot! Samoans came back and attacked the Assassins a couple weeks later. We'll see if the tornado match can end this feud. 

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. The Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson

Brito and Parisi sent Gene's previous team The Enforcers packing. Gene vowed revenge and brought in the Oates. The Oates interfered and costed Brito and Parisi a shot at the AWA Southern tag titles. Their WrestleStorm match should be a heated contest. 

George Wells vs. Roosevelt Jones- Ghetto Street Fight

A couple months ago Wells turned down an invite to join The Movement. Special Delivery Jones came to TNT and attacked Wells at the podium then told everybody he had joined the Movement and will go by his real name of Roosevelt Jones. These two have had some brawls. Wells defeated Jones in a match but Jones gave Wells a vicious post match beating. A very irate Wells challenged Jones to a Ghetto Street Fight!  This should be nothing but a brawl. 

Jumbo has been on quite a roll in TNT and Gene says it's a travesty that Jumbo hasn't received a TNT title shot. Rick Martel will make his TNT debut at WrestleStorm and has been hyped up heavily on TV. Gene says Jumbo will defeat Martel and then it's on to the title. 

Hercules Ayala defends the Brass Knuckles Title against Carlos Colon

Ayala made an open challenge on TV and Carlos Colon shocked everybody including Ayala by showing up and accepting the challenge. After a couple minutes, Ayala simply grabbed his title and walked out. A very storied history between these two and it will continue as Jerry Jarrett signed this match for WrestleStorm. 

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis defend the TNT Tag Titles against The Roughnecks 

Brooks and Sweetan defeated The Real Deal to earn this title match. Since then these teams have had a battle of words and engaged in some crazy TV brawls. This should be a hard hitting affair. 

Tully Blanchard vs. Curt Hennig- Last Man Standing Loser Leaves Town Match

This goes all the way back to Tully's issues with the then commissioner Larry Hennig. Tully severely injured Larry's leg. Curt came to TNT to avenge his Dad. These guys have had many matches and even Larry came back to team with Curt against Tully and Buddy Landel. In the end Tully beat down both Hennig's with a chair. Curt said enough is enough and put it all on the line. Tully gladly accepted. One man will stand tall and one man will leave TNT. Hot feud here.

The Fabulous Ones defend the AWA Southern Tag Titles against Solidarity

Carl Fergie and Gary Young will represent Solidarity (Fergie, Young, Art Crews and Mark Fleming). Fergie and Young (with help from the Oates) defeated Brito and Parisi to earn the shot. Solidarity have been more than confident heading into the big title match. The Fabs have been champs since June and have taken on all comers and thrive on the big stage.

Ted Dibiase comes to town to defend the AWA World Title against Mr. AWA, the real Nature Boy Buddy Landel 

Denny Brown won a right at any title shot in the AWA. Landel arrived in TNT and challenged Denny for that right. Denny accepted and Landel walked out with a shot at any title. Landel set his sights high and issued the challenge for the World Title. Landel has been all over TNT TV, winning matches and telling Dibiase this is his destiny. Dibiase says he's walking out of WrestleStorm with his title plain and simple. 

STEEL CAGE MATCH! 

Jerry Lawler and a Mystery Partner will take on TNT Champ Bill Dundee, TV Champ Austin Idol and The Dream Machine

This goes back to when Dundee came in to help Lawler rid TNT of Jimmy Hart's Family. All seemed well. There was a tournament to name a number one contender and Lawler defeated Dundee in the finals however Dundee had Lawler covered earlier but the Ref was knocked out. Dundee shook Lawler's hand afterwards. All seemed well. In a tag match Dundee pushed Lawler out of the way and Dundee took a big boot from Tsuruta. Dundee said that's what a good partner does. Lawler wrestled Terry Funk for the TNT title. Funk was going to use his branding iron but Dundee came out and stopped him. Lawler wins the title. All still seemed well. Dundee confronted Lawler at the podium and said he couldn't wait for a title shot. Lawler said he would get it but he had to fulfill other title defenses first. Dundee felt disrespected and slapped Lawler. Lawler then accepted the challenge. Dundee apologized for the slap and wanted to have a clean match. During that match, Dream Machine returned and helped Dundee win the title! A couple weeks later Lawler attacked Dream Machine before his match with TV champ Austin Idol. Idol took offense and helped Dundee and Dream attack and beat down Lawler! Dundee, Idol and Dream Machine put Lawler out of action for weeks. Lawler issued a challenge for WrestleStorm and said he just needed one partner to take on the 3 of them. Dundee, Idol and Dream have been laughing and mocking Lawler. Lawler made a surprise return to TV and cracked Dream Machine over the head with a chair allowing Mr. Wrestling 3 to beat him. Later in the program Dundee and Idol said Lawler and his stupid partner wont be able to walk out of the cage at WrestleStorm! 

Lance: Well fans you wont want to miss this gigantic event. WrestleStorm 84! Saturday Night at the Memphis Coliseum. I'll be joining you on closed circuit TV. Should be a fantastic night of wrestling action. 

TNT presents 

WrestleStorm 84

storm.jpg.657e818b6c0a694f5b503f58668bcd79.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to WrestleStorm 84! I'm coming to you live from the Memphis Coliseum and want to say thank you to all the fans joining us on closed circuit TV all around the AWA. We've got a huge night of action ahead with TNT title bouts, grudge matches, the AWA world title bout and the big 3 on 2 cage match. We're going to kick things off with the battle royal where the winner will receive 10,000 dollars and a shot at the TNT title. 

10,000 Dollar Battle Royal- winner gets a TNT title shot 

Participants 

Cocoa Samoa, Denny Brown, Mr. Wrestling 3, Scott McGhee, Ricky Vaughn, Lanny Poffo, Joe Savoldi, Tom Prichard, Art Crews, Mark Fleming, Steve Regal, Jerry Grey, Mike Shaw and DJ Peterson.

The wrestlers are in the ring and managers Mr. Wrestling 2 and Johnny Valiant are on the outside. Lance suddenly announces that DJ Peterson and Mike Shaw are being treated by medics in the back. Lance is confused as to what happened and will hopefully have an update on their condition.

Boos hit as Ratamyus comes down the aisle escorting BORIS ZHUKOV! Boris hits the ring and the battle royal is on. 

boris.jpg.4438f8c7d3d98944bd49d8979b2fe11a.jpg

Of course it's mass chaos as fists are flying and wrestlers are tangled up. This goes on for a couple minutes. Crews and Fleming double team Denny Brown and hurl him over the top rope. Cocoa Samoa is pounding away on Zhukov but Zhukov rakes his eyes and clotheslines him over the top rope. Regal, Grey, Vaughn and McGhee are on the ropes in a cluster. Crews and Fleming come from behind and scoop them all over except McGhee who manages to land on the apron. Crews and Fleming are gloating to the fans when Prichard and Mr. Wrestling 3 come from behind and hurl them over the top rope. McGhee gets up on the apron. Vaughn is on the outside and gets up and yanks McGhee off the apron. Vaughn is yelling at McGhee and McGhee is wondering what this is all about. Vaughn kicks McGhee low and rams him into the steel post! The fans boo as Vaughn spits down at McGhee and leaves. 

Back in the ring it's down to Prichard, Wrestling 3, Zhukov, Poffo and Savoldi. Poffo and Savoldi work over Mr. Wrestling 3 while Prichard and Zhukov trade blows. Poffo and Savoldi swing Wrestling 3 to the ropes and go for a double back drop but Wrestling 3 kicks Poffo then grabs Savoldi and hurls him over the top rope. Poffo gets up and charges Wrestling 3 but Wrestling 3 back drops him over the top rope. 

On the outside Ratamyus runs over and hits Mr. Wrestling 2 from behind and starts stomping away. Wrestling 3 sees this and is distracted. Zhukov has Prichard down then goes over and clotheslines Wrestling 3 from behind, sending him over the top rope. 

It's down to Zhukov and Prichard.

Ratamyus is cheering Zhukov on as he stomps away on Prichard. Zhukov swings Prichard into the ropes and clotheslines him down. Zhukov picks up Prichard and hurls him over the top rope but Prichard hangs on to the top rope. Zhukov thinks he won. Prichard flips back over into the ring. Ratamyus is yelling at Zhukov to turn around. Right when he turns around, Prichard sends him over the top rope with a superkick! 

The fans pop as Prichard has won the battle royal! An official hands Prichard the 10,000 dollar check. Prichard kisses it and hold it up to the cheering crowd. 

prichard.jpg.5cdbf42f3d5f82121d5369bb1ff81f33.jpg

Winner of the battle royal- "The Doctor of Desire" Tom Prichard

Gino Brito Jr. and Tony Parisi vs. The Oates Wrecking Crew w/Gene Anderson 

The Ref does a good job of keeping control as the match gets underway. Brito and Parisi control the early moments. Brito slams Jerry and Parisi follows with a knee drop from the middle ropes 1..2..Ted breaks it. The Ref guides Ted back. Parisi and Brito hit a double vertical suplex. Parisi swings Jerry to the ropes and back drops him then tags in Brito. They swing Jerry to the ropes and put him down with a double punch to the face. Brito covers but Ted breaks it. Parisi runs over but the Ref guides him back which allows Ted to slam Brito and drag Jerry to the corner. Ted tags in. Ted picks up Brito and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Brito lifts his knee and Ted hits it face first. Brito rolls over and tags in Parisi. Parisi hammers away on Ted. Jerry runs in but Parisi drops him with a fist. Jerry rolls to the apron. Parisi slams Ted, swings off the ropes and hits a cannonball drop 1..2..Jerry lunges over with a forearm drop. Brito runs in and hammers away on Jerry but the Ref guides Brito back. The Oates pick up Parisi and hot shot him on the top rope. The Ref runs over 1..2..(Brito charges but Jerry tackles him) 3! 

Gene runs into the ring and helps Jerry stomp away on Brito. Satisfied, Gene raises the Oates arms in victory. 

oates.png.b4e838cfb24d6d3edc57ec29ba5d6d39.png

Winners of the match- The Oates Wrecking Crew

Ghetto Street Fight 

wells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpg

Both men hit the ring wearing jeans and T-Shirts. The bell rings and the anything goes fight is on! It's a full on brawl as they trade punches and brawl through the ropes. They're fighting all around the ring as the fans go wild. Wells gets the upper hand and body slams Jones on the concrete. Wells grabs a cable and starts choking Jones with it. Wells picks up Jones and slams his head on the announcer's table. Wells grabs Jones and rams his head into the steel post, busting him open! Jones just collapses. Wells pumps his fists as the fans cheer him on. 

All of a sudden 2 men storm out and attack Wells! 

Lance: Wait a minute! That's Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway, the Movement is here! 

tones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpg

Shaska and Conway beat down Wells and hurl him in the ring. Shaska hoists Wells up as Conway hops on the middle ropes. They execute a spiked piledriver on Wells! Conway rolls out of the ring and rolls Jones in the ring. Shaska puts Jones on top of Wells. The Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Massive boos as The Movement pick up Jones and help him to the back. 

jones.jpg.e226daf61ed069701ee1481a92205daf.jpg

Winner of the match- Roosevelt Jones

TNT Tag Team Title Bout

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. The Roughnecks (Killer Brooks and Bob Sweetan) 

You know a match involving these teams would be hard hitting and they certainly live up to that. The tide turns several times. The Roughnecks take control and Adonis really bumps for them. Adonis eventually makes the tag and like his partner, Murdoch is bumping and bouncing all over the ring. The Roughnecks double slam Murdoch. Adonis runs in and the Roughnecks knock him down. The Ref guides Sweetan to his corner. Brooks hoists Murdoch up for a suplex but Adonis runs over and clips the back of Brook's leg. They tumble down. Murdoch rolls over and tags in Adonis. Brooks staggers up and Adonis puts him down with a DDT! The Ref counts 1..2..Sweetan breaks it. Murdoch runs in and hammers Sweetan to the corner. Adonis clamps the sleeper on Brooks (Who's already out of it) The Ref drops Brook's arm 3 times and signals for the bell! 

Adonis joins Murdoch and hammers Sweetan down. Murdoch and Adonis grab their titles and hold them high. 

murdoch.jpg.debfebb3d99ba31fc5837b1d814eabbd.jpgadonis.jpg.44984636a353e9597a657418e408a2b1.jpg

The winners of the match and still TNT tag team champs- Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis

tsuruta.jpg.9a9d9cdf6450a5281113261caca37fbc.jpg

Martel makes his TNT debut and already seems to have the fans behind him as they give him a good pop. Jumbo and Gene look more focused then ever. Gene exits the ring and the match is on. 

Both men display excellent skills in the early minutes as they trade momentum. Martel gets control and pulls out a variety of suplexes but cant put Jumbo away. Martel puts Jumbo down with a nice dropkick. Martel follows with a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Martel swings off the ropes but Gene trips him. Martel staggers then turns around and heads for Gene. Jumbo gets up and sends Martel through the ropes with a high knee. The Ref backs Jumbo up while Gene stomps down on Martel. Gene hurls Martel into the ring and Jumbo takes control. 

Jumbo swings Martel into the corner and charges in with a running clothesline. Jumbo grabs Martel and vertical suplexes him back then follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Martel gets his shoulder up. Jumbo hits a backbreaker then rolls Martel over into a Boston Crab! The fans fire Martel up as he fights the pain. Martel uses all his strength and reaches the ropes. A frustrated Jumbo releases it but stomps on Martel's back. Jumbo swings Martel into the corner and charges in with a big boot but Martel moves. Jumbo is caught in the corner as Martel rolls over and regroups. 

Jumbo gets out of there but Martel rolls him up 1..2..Kick out. Gene is having a fit. Martel shakes his fists, picks up Jumbo and body slams him down. Martel goes to the apron and goes for the sling shot splash but Jumbo lifts his knees and Martel crashes down on them. 

Gene cheers Jumbo on. Jumbo regroups and drops several knees on Martel. Jumbo pushes Martel into the corner and nails him with several knees to the mid section. Jumbo grabs Martel and hits a German Suplex 1..2..Martel barely raises his shoulder. Gene yells up at the Ref. Jumbo picks up Martel, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot! Jumbo goes to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Martel moves and Jumbo hits the canvas hard. 

Both men are down and hurting. They both slowly rise. They begin to trade punches. Gene hops up on the apron because Jumbo's knee is giving out. Martel looks over and Jumbo catches him with a forearm blast. Jumbo swings Martel to the ropes but Martel reverses it and sends Jumbo crashing into Gene. Gene fly's off the apron as Jumbo falls back and down. Martel quickly goes to the apron and flings back in with the Sling Shot Splash 1..2..3! 

Huge pop! Martel is exhausted as the Ref raises his arm.

Winner of the match- Rick Martel

Tornado Match

The bell rings and immediately the Samoans double dropkick Ratamyus through the ropes! The Assassins run over but the Samoans are up and punching. Tui hammers away on Angel in the corner while Sakalia fires away on Fidel in the opposite corner. They swing the Assassins into each other. Assassins collide and stumble back but the Samoans dropkick them into each other. They collide and stumble into back suplexes 1..2..They kick out. Samoans are in full control until Fidel hits Sakalia with a low blow. Tui runs over but Angel grabs him from behind and hurls him through the ropes. Ratamyus kicks Tui. The Assassins work Sakalia over then swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double kick to the gut and follow with a double rib breaker 1..2..Tui comes in and barley makes the save. The Assassins are all over Tui and hurl him through the ropes. The Assassins go out and put a beating on Tui then hold him up as Ratamyus slaps him. 

The Assassins double slam Tui on the concrete. The Assassins and Ratamyus are standing tall but from out of nowhere Sakalia dives off the top rope and hits them all with a flying body press! The crowd goes nuts! Everybody is down. Sakalia gets up and hurls Fidel into the ring. Angel slowly rises but Tui wobbles up, grabs him by his hair and slams him into the steel post. Sakalia goes to the top rope and hits a flying leg drop on Fidel 1..2..3! 

Ratamyus is still lying on the ground. Tui slowly rolls in the ring. Sakalia helps him up and they hug as the fans roar. 

Winners of the Match- The Super Samoans

Intermission

Lance: What a great night of action so far. Before we get back to the action I wanted to get some answers from these men.

Boos as The Movement comes out. Shaska and Conway smile as they hold up the AWA World Tag Titles. Jones has a bandaged up head. 

Lance: Just why are you here tonight? 

Conway: You just shut your mouth sucka and listen up! Everybody here wants to know why the AWA champs are here and not defending the titles somewhere. I'll tell you why! Roosevelt Jones is our brother and he has represented us well here in TNT. Roosevelt my brother, Shaska and I wanted to show you how much we appreciated all your efforts in helping the cause. Tonight, we had your back and we want to make sure from this day forth somebody will be watching your back day in and day out. Brother, we present to you, you're personal manager and fellow member of the Movement...Sonny King! 

king.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpg

Lance: Oh wow! Sonny King, I cant believe it.

Sonny: You best believe it boy because I'm here to insure Roosevelt gets his due! 

Jones: I don't know what to say except that joining the Movement was the absolute best decision I've ever made. Thank you brothers. 

Lance: I still cant believe it. Well fans, let's get back to the action. 

Brass Knuckles Title Bout

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Both men's fists are taped up and they're ready to go. The bell rings and the slugfest is on. Both men are busted open within a few minutes as they've been punching away on each other's heads. Ayala takes control with a short arm clothesline. Ayala stomps on Colon then drops several knees. Ayala swings off the ropes and lands a fist drop 1..2...Kick Out. Ayala gets a crazy look and chokes away on Colon. Ayala swings Colon to the ropes and misses a punch, Colon swings back and puts Ayala down with a right fist. The fans fire Colon up as he pumps his fists. Ayala rises and Colon just fires away on him then puts him down with a jumping headbutt. Colon hops on the middle ropes. Ayala rises and Colon goes for a clothesline but Ayala ducks and Colon his the canvas. 

Ayala regroups and stomps on Colon's back. Ayala picks Colon up and clamps on the bear hug! Ayala uses all his power and puts the squeeze on. Colon wont submit. Ayala screams and rams Colon into the turnbuckles. Ayala blasts Colon with several fists then stomps away on the mid section. Ayala once again clamps on the bear hug. Ayala rams Colon into the turnbuckles then belly to belly suplexes him over 1..2..Colon barley gets his shoulder up. Ayala cant believe it. Ayala gets a crazy look in his eyes. Ayala picks up Colon and swings him into the corner. Ayala charges in but Colon lunges forward and puts him down with a clothesline! Both men are down. Colon staggers up. His face is a bloody mess. He gets a look of rage. Ayala slowly staggers up but Colon kicks him in the gut, swings off the ropes and nails him with a knee lift! Colon picks up Ayala and holds him down by his hair while he nails Ayala with several knees to the face. Colon lets go and Ayala just falls headfirst on the canvas. 

Colon climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a knee to the back of Ayala's head. Colon rolls him over 1..2..3! 

Big pop! The Ref grabs the Brass Knuckles title and hands it to Colon. Colon drops to his knees and holds up the title to the cheering crowd. 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Winner of the match and NEW Brass Knuckles Champ- Carlos Colon

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Solidarity (Carl Fergie and Gary Young) 

The Fabs have the fans rocking as they show Solidarity why they're the champs. Keirn swings Young to the ropes and kicks him while Lane hits a sunset flip 1..2..Fergie breaks it. Keirn sends Fergie through the ropes with a running forearm blast. The Fabs swing Young to the ropes and double back drop him. Young staggers up and Lane puts him down with a savate kick. Young rolls out of the ring. The Fans cheer on the fabs while Solidarity regroups. 

fabs.jpg.c8c7ad79abd9b98113f9b45e08d39aed.jpg

Young gets in but tags in Fergie. Fergie charges but Lane hip tosses him over. Fergie staggers up into the wrong corner and Keirn nails him with a punch. Lane tags in Keirn. They swing Fergie to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Keirn follows with a elbow drop 1..2..Young breaks it. Lane runs in and a savate kick sends Young flying back to his corner. 

Keirn tags in Lane. Keirn holds Fergie while Lane comes off the top rope with a double axe handle to the head. Young runs in as does Keirn. The Ref gets caught in the middle of the fists and goes down. The Fabs hurl Young out of the ring. Keirn hits a side slam on Fergie and Lane follows with a leg drop. Lane covers but the Ref is still down.

Boos as fellow Solidarity members Art Crews and Mark Fleming hit the ring. Keirn fights them and Lane joins. The Fabs get the upper hand until Young gets back in the ring and nails Keirn from behind. Young and Fleming hold Lane as Crews comes of the top rope with a missile drop kick. Crews and Fleming hold Keirn. Young grabs Keirn and drops him with a double front facelock drop. They push Keirn out of the ring. They pick up Lane. Fergie kicks Lane in the gut and executes a neckbreaker.

Crews and Fleming exit the ring. Young wakes up the Ref and throws him over as Fergie covers Lane 1..2..3! NO WAY! 

The crowd is in a stunned silence. Fergie and Young stand up and celebrate. Crews and Fleming grab the tag titles and run in and join the celebration. Young and Fergie hold up the titles as the fans start to boo. Solidarity all hug as the boos get louder.

young.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.pngfergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpg

Winners of the Match and NEW AWA Southern tag team champs- Solidarity 

Last Man Standing Loser Leaves Town Match

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpg

As soon as Curt sees Tully coming up the aisle he charges down and starts punching away. Curt pounds on Tully then grabs him by his hair and runs with him and hurls him into the ring. The fans are up and cheering as Tully sits up and Curt hits a running neck snap. Tully bounces back and tries to crawl out of the ring but Curt baseball slides him out of the ring. Curt goes out, picks up Tully and slams him on the announcer's table. Tully isn't moving as the Ref starts the 10 count. Tully rolls off the table and gets up at the count of 7. Curt grabs Tully but Tully uppercuts him low. Curt keels over and Tully regains his senses. 

Tully staggers over and grabs Curt by his hair and punches down on him. Tully gets up and picks up a chair. Curt slowly rises and Tully nails him over the head with the chair! Curt's busted open. The Ref starts the 10 count. Tully is still holding the chair. Curt is laid out. The Ref stops at 8 as Curt gets to his knees. Tully nails Curt on the back with the chair. Tully picks up Curt and hurls him into the ring. Tully drops several consecutive elbows then picks up Curt and hits a slingshot suplex! Tully goes out and gets the chair. Tully throws the chair into the ring. Tully picks up Curt and hits a sling shot suplex on the chair! 

Curt is laid out and isn't moving. The Ref starts the count. Tully arrogantly raises his arms as the fans boo. The Ref gets to 9 but stops because Curt somehow grabs the ropes and is able to pull himself up. Curt is bleeding bad and doesn't know where he's at. 

Tully is furious and picks up the chair. The fans erupt as Larry Hennig shows up at ringside. Tully sees him and starts pointing and yelling at him. Larry just stares at him. Tully goes to the ropes and yells down at him. Tully steps through the ropes and hops down. Tully still has the chair and continues to yell at Larry. Tully raises the chair at Larry but Curt grabs Tully from behind and pushes him into the steel post! Curt grabs Tully and once again rams his head into the steel post! Tully is on the ground bleeding. Curt puts the chair on Tully's head. Curt hops on the apron and crashes down with a knee drop on the chair!!!

The Ref starts the count. Tully isn't moving. The Ref hits 10! The fans explode! Curt falls down and Larry picks him up and raises his arm as the fans cheer. Curt Hennig has sent Tully Blanchard packing.

hennig.jpg.3445f0af1c06e9a61e1515bd69b8465f.jpg

The Winner of the Match- Curt Hennig

AWA World Title Bout 

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Mr. AWA "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel 

The introductions are made as Dibiase holds up the world title. Landel points at the title and tells Dibiase he's leaving with it tonight. 

They're about to lock up but Landel backs up and does a strut. They lock up and Landel clamps on a headlock and taunts the fans. Dibiase pushes Landel to the ropes and puts him down with a shoulder block. Landel gets up and charges Dibiase but Dibiase hip tosses him over. Landel gets up but Dibiase scoop slams him down. Dibiase hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase picks Landel up and executes a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Landel gets his shoulder up. Dibiase picks up Landel and swings him to the corner, Landel reverses it and charges in but Dibiase puts him down with a back elbow. Dibiase hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a back elbow drop 1..2..Landel gets his foot on the ropes. Dibiase reaches down but Landel grabs his tights and hurls him out of the ring. 

Landel gets up but falls back down. Dibiase staggers up to the apron and just as he steps through the ropes, Landel nails him with a running knee. Landel chokes Dibiase on the ropes then runs back and nails Dibiase with a guillotine. Landel picks up Dibiase and hits a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Landel body slams Dibiase, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Landel yells at the Ref. Landel swings Dibiase into the corner and nails him with several chops then snapmares him over and works a chinlock. Landel hits Dibiase with several knees to the back while wrenching away with the chinlock. Landel hoists Dibiase on the turnbuckles and hops up. Landel is going for the Superplex but Dibiase starts to punch away. Dibiase sends Landel flying with a big punch. Dibiase crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out.

Dibiase picks up Landel and swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Landel swings back and clotheslines Dibiase down. Landel staggers up and rests against the ropes. Dibiase slowly rises but Landel stomps him down. Landel picks up Dibiase and body slams him down then swings off the ropes and crashes down with the corkscrew elbow drop 1..2..Dibiase barley gets his shoulder up. Landel cant believe it. Landel berates the Ref and is throwing a tantrum. Landel picks up Dibiase and swings him to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dibiase kicks him. 

Dibiase grabs Landel but Landel rakes his eyes and suplexes him back. Landel gets up and does a strut as the fans boo. Landel picks up Dibiase and swings him into the corner. Landel charges in with a high knee but Dibiase moves. Landel hits hard, falls back and grabs his knee in pain. Dibiase clamps on the figure four! Dibiase wrenches away. Landel fights it. Dibiase puts all his strength into it and that's it. Landel submits! 

Dibiase gets up. The Ref gets his title. Dibiase takes it and raises it high.

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

The Winner of the Match and still AWA World Champ- Ted Dibiase 

As the cage is being set up, Lance does a few interviews.

Lance: Fans, what a great night of action. Tom Prichard wins the battle royal, The Movement showed up with Sonny King, Rick Martel has a great debut. Carlos Colon is the new Brass Knuckles Champ. Solidarity upset the Fabulous Ones for the AWA Southern tag titles. Curt Hennig sends Tully Blanchard out of TNT and Ted Dibiase retains the AWA World title in a hard fought match with Buddy Landel. Well the cage is set up. It's time to find out who Jerry Lawler's partner will be. Let's go to the ring. 

STEEL CAGE MATCH! 

TNT Champ "Superstar" Bill Dundee, TV Champ "Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol and The Dream Machine 

vs. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and A Mystery Partner 

Epic boos as Dundee, Idol and Dream enter the cage. Dundee arrogantly holds up the TNT title while Idol does the same with the TV title. They yell and taunt the fans and wonder where Lawler is.

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpgidol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpgmachine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png 

Massive eruption as Lawler comes down the aisle. Lawler steps up to the cage. Dundee, Idol and Dream are waving their arms and asking where his partner is. Lawler smiles then points up the aisle and he appears. 

Lance: Oh my goodness that's Crusher Jerry Blackwell!!! 

blackwell.jpg.266179788a7827d58b1d2d444d032f3e.jpg

Blackwell heads up the aisle as the fans go crazy. Dundee, Idol and Dream are freaking out. Lawler runs in and fists are flying as he takes it to all three men. Just as they start to comeback, Blackwell runs in and just hammers away on all of them. The door closes and the match is on! The Ref is letting it go. Blackwell slams Dream. Lawler punches Idol into a slam by Blackwell. Dundee tries to run but Lawler grabs him by his hair and hurls him headfirst into the cage! Dundee is already bleeding. The Ref gets everybody to their corners. 

Lawler puts his knee on Dundee's chest, grabs him by his hair and punches away on his bloody face. Idol runs in and kicks Lawler. Blackwell runs in and bulldozes Idol down. Dream runs in but Blackwell grabs him and hurls his body over the ropes and into the cage. 

Lawler slams Dundee and tags in Blackwell. Blackwell swings Dundee into the corner and charges in with a running clothesline. Blackwell scoops Dundee and powerslams him over 1..2..Idol breaks it. Lawler runs in and pounds away on Idol then throws him headfirst into the cage. Idol is busted open. Blackwell tags in Lawler. Blackwell slams Dundee and Lawler drops an elbow 1..2.Dundee gets his foot on the rope. Lawler swings Dundee to the ropes and back elbow smashes him down. Lawler hits a knee drop 1..2..Dream from the top rope with a knee on Lawler! Blackwell runs in and punches Dream back to his corner. 

As Blackwell goes back to his corner, Idol sends him flying with a high knee to the back. Idol picks up Blackwell and throws him headfirst into the cage! Idol goes over and slams Lawler. Dream comes in and they double suplex Lawler. They pull Dundee to the corner and Idol comes in. Idol drops several knees on Lawler then picks him up and hurls him into the cage. Dream goes over and rakes Lawler's face across the cage. Now everybody is bleeding. 

Idol grabs Lawler and slams him back into the ring. Idol picks up Lawler and takes him to their corner. Idol holds Lawler while Dream knocks Lawler down with a punch. Idol picks up Lawler and hits a swinging neckbreaker then tags in Dream. Dream swings off the ropes and drops an elbow on Lawler. Dream rakes his boot across Lawler's face, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a stomp to Lawler's face. Dundee finally stands up and begs Dream for a tag. Dream tags him in. Both Idol and Dream double slam Lawler. Dundee climbs to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away! 1..2..NO! Blackwell makes the save. 

Idol runs in and Blackwell knocks him down with a forearm blast. Dream runs in but Blackwell scoop slams him down. Blackwell pulls Lawler and tags himself in. Blackwell punches away on Dundee. Blackwell swings Dundee to the corner and follows with a running splash! Dundee just collapses. Dream and Idol nail Blackwell from behind. Lawler runs in and the fists are flying. Lawler swings Dream to the ropes and back drops him into the cage.

Blackwell and Lawler take turns punching Idol then grab him by his hair and hurl him into the cage. Lawler goes to his corner. Blackwell picks up Dundee and hits a running powerslam then tags in Lawler. Lawler goes to the top rope and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..3!!!!

Epic POP!!!! 

The fans are going wild as Blackwell and Lawler stand tall! 

Lance: Unbelievable! Jerry Lawler and Jerry Blackwell have done it. What a match. Fans thank you for being a part of WrestleStorm 84! So long. 

Great event... Nice job putting it in the Mid-South Coliseum.

I was always a big fan of Prichard and it was nice to see him win the Battle Royal... big things might be coming for the Doctor.

Zhukov means trouble in TNT language

The Movement is everywhere!  SD... I mean Roosevelt  is moving up the ladder.  Wells is going to want some revenge.  

The Oates brothers just needed a little help in getting a push somewhere and Gene has given it to them!  Interested to see how far they go.

I have enjoyed the feud with Adonis/Murdoch vs Sweetan and Brooks but think you made a great choice in leaving the belts on Adonis and Murdoch.  Sweetan is almost done and Brooks is a great mid-carder but Adonis and Murdoch are BIG TIME!

Sonny King is the perfect addition to the Movement

Colon-Ayala... Haven't seen much of their work but what I have... A Brass Knuckles Match was perfect for them.  Hope Ayala comes back for more.

It took all 4 members of Solidarity to beat the Fab Ones but it worked.  I wonder if this means the Fab Ones are coming for revenge or leaving TNT?  Excited to see.

Hennig vs Tully.... Instant classic.  Hate to see Tully go but I am pretty sure I can guess where and it is for the good for all involved!

Dibiase vs Landel... another match that I could watch all over and over again.  I think Buddy is someone who could be our next champ!

The Main Event was very well done.  The entire time I was reading it, I was thinking there could be a double-cross coming.  I can't help but think that way.  We are in Memphis and you never know.

You definitely caught me by surprise with the choice of Jerry Blackwell as Jerry Lawler's surprise partner. I would've expected almost anyone else for a one night thing but Blackwell so it was very well done. Makes you wonder where does Blackwell fit in the title picture after WrestleStorm!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA