Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Race vs. Bock certainly didn't disappoint!  Race with the clean win here to get the title shot but I don't think Bockwinkel will just bow out gracefully.....he'll be ready and waiting for the winner of Funk vs. Race....and what title match that's going to be!

Idol is a perfect opponent here for Hogan....I'm really looking forward to seeing these two square off for the World title!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX 4-26-84

TNT.jpg.ee36538cc65df81e54ea4607d83ecc98.jpg

Steve Stack: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling here on the USA Network. Big show tonight as we get ready for next week's big card at the Oman Arena in Jackson Tennessee. We'll be talking a lot about that throughout the show. Lot's of action for you tonight as we have a big 6 man main event in which Jerry Lawler and the Fabulous Ones will take on Jimmy Hart's stable of the Honkytonk Man and Nightmares. Cocoa Samoa clashes with Sheik Ali Hassan and Ivan Putski will go one on one with Mr. Electricity Steve Regal. TV champ Tully Blanchard will be in action as will the AWA TNT Champion Terry Funk! Right now I want to bring out the man who will be facing AWA World Champ Hulk Hogan for the title in Jackson, I'm talking about the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol.

The fans boo as Idol arrogantly walks out.

Idol: Oh baby the Universal Heartthrob is in the building and brother don't I look great! You know something Steve? A couple weeks ago I gave that Heartthrob wannabe, that chump Hulk Hogan the beating of a lifetime and you know what he was saying? He said Austin Idol, please stop, you are the best and I cant take it anymore. Well Hogan, I'm not going to stop because next week I'm going to give the fans and the entire AWA what they want and that's me winning the world title baby. I am the true toast of the coast. I'm the one with the biggest arms in wrestling and I'm the one who has all the charisma in the world. Just look at me baby. So Hogan, whatcha gonna do when IdolMania runs wild on you brother!

Idol winks at the camera and gives everybody a wink.  

Dream Machine vs. Kyle Waters 

Dream and George Wells had quite the fight a couple weeks back and Wells ended up choking Dream with a cord. Tonight Dream tunes up for his upcoming match with Wells. 

Dream swings Waters to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Dream hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop to get the pin! The fans cheer as Dream raises his arm in victory.

Dream cuts a promo on Wells and says it's going to feel oh so good dropping the elbow on his fat head! 

Commercial Break

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. Carl Glader 

Stasiak looks on in approval as Jumbo tears his opponent down with chops. Jumbo hits a knee strike and follows with a bridging release German Suplex. Jumbo punishes Glader some more before finishing him off with the Sheerdrop Powerbomb! Stasiak leads Jumbo to the podium as the fans boo.

Stasiak: These fans should show respect for an international superstar like Jumbo Tsuruta! Next week these fans are going to witness total destruction as Tsuruta will destroy that washed up has been Larry Hennig! Hennig is nothing but a tune up for more important things. That's right, Terry Funk we're looking at you and when Tsuruta beats you down for the TNT title, guess what? The AWA world title is next! 

Commercial Break 

Tito Santana vs. Vic Dutro

The fans are on their feet cheering as Tito puts Dutro down with several dropkicks. Tito back drops Dutro. Dutro staggers up as Tito swings off the ropes and puts him down with the flying forearm blast to get the pin! Tito raises his arms and thanks the fans.  

Stack: Very impressive win for Tito Santana. I want to bring out the man who will be facing Santana next week in Jackson. Please welcome Nick Bockwinkel. Now Nick, I'm sure you're a little preoccupied considering your tough loss to Harley Race last week. Harley gets the TNT title shot but I'm sure your goal is getting back in contention. 

Bock: Mr. Stack there is no question about it that I will be back in the title hunt. I can accept a loss to a great competitor like Harley Race but one thing I cant accept is this upcoming match with Tito Santana. That is nothing but a downgrade. Santana represents the lowest form of an opponent. I think this match is a joke and he doesn't deserve to be in the ring with a former champion like myself. 

The Fans cheer as Santana walks up. 

Santana: I'm not out here to cause trouble but I couldn't help but hear your comments Nick. 

Bock: I would appreciate it if you referred to me as Mr. Bockwinkel. You're in the presence of class so a bit of respect is in order.

Santana: Fine, Mr. Bockwinkel. This will be straight to the point. Do not underestimate myself and my in ring skills. I'm here in TNT to make some noise and defeating you will do just that. Ariba!

Santana exits as Bock folds his arms, looks at the ground and shakes his head.

Bock: That man is in for a wrestling awakening. Mark my words.  

Commercial Break

Cocoa Samoa vs. Sheik Ali Hassan 

Sheik's partner Cuban Assassin is in Atlantic Championship Wrestling so Sheik is on his own. Cocoa has had serious issues with the trio of Sheik, Cuban and Ratamyus. Tonight is step one of his revenge. Steve O accompanies Cocoa and realizes Ratamyus is suspended and Cuban is out of town so he shakes Cocoa's hand and heads to the back. 

Sheik jumps Cocoa at the bell and proceeds to hit, stomp and choke away. Sheik grabs the ropes and chokes Cocoa with his boot then drops several knees. Sheik body slams Cocoa and hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Sheik berates the Ref then reaches down to grab Cocoa but Cocoa rakes the eyes and starts biting Sheik! Cocoa sends him through the ropes with a jumping headbutt. Sheik is out of it. Cocoa runs out and hurls Sheik back in the ring. Cocoa climbs to the top rope. Sheik staggers up and Cocoa hits him with a flying press 1..2..3!!! The fans roar as Cocoa pumps his fists. 

Commercial Break

'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart vs. Clint Stevens

Wells puts Stevens down with a headbutt then stomps away. Jimmy Hart yells encouragement into his megaphone. Wells body slams Stevens then hops up on the middle ropes. Stevens staggers up and Wells nails him with a flying shoulder tackle for the pin! The fans boo as Jimmy and Wells go to the podium. 

Wells: Dream Machine! You bit off more than you can chew boy! Next week in Jackson, I'm going to give you a pounding you wont ever forget! 

Hart: Tell em Georgie Baby! The Hart Family is stronger and more unified than ever. Tonight we're going to prove that against that court jester Lawler and his clowns. Then in Jackson my Nightmares will once again be victorious over the Stupid Ones and then get back those tag team straps we never should of lost in the first place! Speaking of Jackson, the Honkytonk Man is going to shake rattle and roll all over that court jester Lawler! HAHAHAHAHA! 

Commercial Break 

The Guerreros vs. Ron James and Chris Curtis

To keep the peace, Jerry Jarrett has banned the Sheepherders from tonight's TV show. 

Guerreros look crisp tonight as they display solid teamwork. Chavo and Mando double drop kick Curtis out of the ring. Chavo goes to the top rope. Mando swings James to the ropes and hits him in the mid section, then Chavo hits a sunset flip for the pin! 

Guerreros cut a promo on their upcoming tornado street fight with the Sheepherders. They say this has gone on long enough and promise to put the Sheepherders down! 

Commercial Break

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski w/ Rick McGraw vs. 'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal w/Johnny Wilhoit and Johnny Valiant

Putski is out with his Rolling Thunder partner and Regal is out with his Real Deal partner along with Valiant. The bell never rings as all 4 men start brawling! McGraw hammers Wilhoit into the corner while Putski goes to town on Regal in the opposite corner. They swing Real Deal into each other. Valiant gets on the apron and Rolling Thunder knock him off with a double fist! Real Deal staggers up and Putski sends Regal through the ropes with the Polish Hammer! McGraw drop kicks Wilhoit out of the ring as the fans go crazy! These 2 teams will meet in Jackson! 

Commercial Break

TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Dave Riley 

When Tully isn't beating down on his opponent he's constantly calling out Bobby Jaggers. Tully body slams Riley then drops several elbows. "Come on Jaggers! Come on boy!" Tully picks up Riley and hits the slingshot suplex for the pin! "Come on out Jaggers! Come on you coward!"

The fans roar as Bobby Jaggers hits the ring! Bobby unloads on Tully then swings him to the ropes but Tully grabs the ropes and slides out. The fans boo as Tully grabs his TV title and heads out while Bobby is pumping his fists and yelling at Tully to get back in the ring! 

Stack: Oh my tensions are at an all time high between Tully Blanchard and Bobby Jaggers, those two will meet for the TV title in Jackson. Fans, joining me right now is the TNT champion, Terry Funk. Terry we're going to be seeing you in action shortly as you prepare for Harley Race in Jackson. 

Funk: I want Harley Race to pay close attention tonight because that's what he's in store for next week in Jackson. I told you I don't care if it's Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, Jumbo Tsuruta, Tito Santana, Bobby Jaggers or Tully Blanchard. I'm going to do whatever it takes to keep this title. Harley, you egg sucking dog, you're first up! 

Commercial Break 

TNT Champ Terry Funk vs. Scott Ferris 

Funk follows through with his promise and works over Ferris with a variety of amateur wrestling moves. Funk turns it up with chops in the corner and a body slam. Funk spends a little to much time bantering with the Ref and Ferris catches him with a roll up 1..2..Kick Out. An angry Funk punches Ferris down then stomps away. Funk hits a Russian Legsweep and follows with a swinging neckbreaker to get the pin! Funk raises his TNT title high. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event

Jerry 'The King' Lawler and the Fabulous Ones 

VS

The Honkytonk Man and Nightmares w/Jimmy Hart 

With these 6 men involved it doesn't take long for the chaos. The Ref is trying to get control as everybody is brawling. The Fabs fight the Nightmares through the ropes and fight on the outside. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and unleashes on the HTM with a series of punches. Hart runs over and grabs Lawler's leg. This distracts Lawler long enough for HTM to hit an inverted atomic drop. The Ref finally gets control as HTM works over Lawler. HTM holds Lawler while he tags in Davis. Davis comes off the top rope with a double axehandle then tags in Wayne. They swing Lawler to the ropes and double back drop him. Wayne stomps on Lawler then tags in HTM. HTM chokes Lawler with his boot, smiles then rakes the boot across his face. HTM swings Lawler to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lawler stops and hits him with an uppercut then rolls over and tags in Lane. Lane drop kicks HTM to the corner. HTM tags in Davis. Davis charges but gets hip tossed then Lane follows with a drop kick. Lane tags in Keirn. They swing Davis to the ropes and hit a double drop kick. Keirn covers 1..2..HTM and Wayne run in. Another brawl ensues. Everybody is fighting! Jimmy Hart gets the attention of Davis and throws his megaphone to him but Lawler intercepts it! Lawler nails HTM with it! Lawler then hits Wayne with it! Keirn punches Davis, Davis swings around and Lawler whacks Davis with it! Keirn covers Davis as the Ref looks over and jumps down 1..2..3!!!! The fans erupt! 

The show ends with Lawler and The Fabulous Ones standing tall! 

Official TNT Card at the Oman Arena, Jackson TN 5-3-84

AWA World Heavyweight Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

AWA TNT Championship Bout 

Terry Funk (C) vs. Harley Race

TNT TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. 'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers 

Number one contenders match- Champs Atlas and Ayala will be at ringside 

The Fabulous Ones vs. The Nightmares w/Jimmy Hart

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart 

Tornado Street Fight 

The Guerreros vs. The Sheepherders 

Nick Bockwinkel vs. Tito Santana 

Dream Machine vs. 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart

Cocoa Samoa and Steve O vs. Sheik Ali Hassan and Cuban Assassin

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs Larry 'The Axe' Hennig

Rolling Thunder vs. The Real Deal w/Johnny Valiant 

Dan Spivey vs. 'Blonde Bomber' Kerry Brown w/Johnny Valiant 

Wow! What a stacked card coming to Jackson, 12 matches and at least 6 of them are bonafide main events! 

Incredible tv main event with Lawler and the Fabs getting one over HTM and The Nightmares.

Great promo from Bockwinkel, you really have him down and if he underestimates Tito, Santana could get a huge win that propels him into the title picture!

To echo the above, that card in Jackson is batshit. Just amazing from top to bottom.

Tito and Bockwinkel should be a classic.

Funk and Race could go a million different ways.

Lawler and HTM is gonna be a drag out brawl.

and Hulkamania vs Idolmania will be something else!!

Super excited for this one!!

Great tv show that really sets up the big one in Jackson.  I love how Tito quickly fit into that semi- main event or main event guy to go with Bock, Funk and Lawler.  Speaking of Lawler, I enjoy whenever I see him in the ring with HTM.  I real life family melt down is just moments away.

TNT Wrestling @ The Oman Arena, Jackson TNN 5-3-84

Dan Spivey vs. 'Blonde Bomber' Kerry Brown w/Johnny Valiant 

Last month Spivey answered the open challenge and sent Brown over the top rope with a big boot to get the C.O. win. Brown said he only lost because he had a 103 degree fever and Spivey just got lucky. As Spivey enters the ring, Brown wastes no time and attacks him. The bell rings and the match officially starts. Brown rakes the eyes and punches away, he swings Spivey to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Spivey swings back and clotheslines Brown down. Valiant gets on the apron and the fans roar as Spivey knocks him off. Brown staggers up and Spivey puts him down with the big boot, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..3!!!! Big pop as Spivey starts the night with a bang! 

Winner of the Match- Dan Spivey 

Cocoa Samoa and Steve O vs. Cuban Assassin and Sheik Hassan 

This feud started when Ratamyus severely attacked Cocoa and was suspended. Steve O came into the picture when he challenged Cuban Assassin. During that match Sheik Hassan interfered. Now here we are. The bell rings and the brawl is on. The Ref gets control. Cocoa punches away on Cuban, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Cocoa tags in Steve O. Cuban staggers up and they put him down with a double punch. Hassan runs in and gets sent back with a double punch. Steve O controls but the tide turns with Hassan hits him with a knee to the back from the apron, Steve O staggers into a clothesline from Cuban. Hassan sticks his boot out and Cuban rams Steve's head on it then tags in Hassan. They double team Steve in the corner with kicks and stomps. Cocoa runs over but the Ref guides him back. Hassan and Cuban work Steve over for awhile. Hassan swings Steve to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Steve kicks him, dives over and tags in Cocoa. Cocoa cleans house as he hammers away on both men. Steve regroups and joins the fight. Steve drop kicks Cuban out of the ring. Cocoa hops on the middle ropes. Hassan staggers up and Cocoa hits him with a flying press 1..2..3!!! The fans cheer as Cocoa and Steve O shake hands and raise them up in victory. 

Winners of the Match- Cocoa Samoa and Steve O 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. Larry 'The Axe' Hennig 

Tsuruta came to TNT teaming with Billy Robinson. Stasiak got in the ear of Tsuruta and Tsuruta turned on Billy. Larry Hennig came in to help Billy out. Billy is away on personal business so Larry steps in tonight against Tsuruta. The first few minutes is hard hitting as Hennig hits Tsuruta with some clubbing shots but Tsuruta comes back with hard chops. Hennig gets some momentum going as he swings Tsuruta into the corner and follows with a running forearm blast. Hennig swings Tsuruta into the opposite corner and follows with another running forearm blast. Hennig swings Tsuruta to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash 1..2..Kick Out. Hennig swings off the ropes but Stasiak trips him. Hennig turns around and has heated words with Stasiak. Tsuruta gets up and hits Hennig from behind with a knee strike to the back. Tsuruta follows with a gut wrench suplex and a bridging release suplex. Tsuruta hits a jumping knee drop, then picks up Hennig and displays his strength with a Sheerdrop Powerbomb 1..2..3! Stasiak runs in and raises Tsuruta's arm then yells "We want the title!" 

Winner of the Match- Jumbo Tsuruta 

Dream Machine vs. 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart

This feud started when Wells was DQed in a match with Dream when he choked him with a power cord. They've had heated words and now they're ready to go. The bell rings and Dream is all over Wells. Hart jumps off the apron when Dream raises a fist to him. Dream scoop slams Wells. Wells gets up and Dream scoop slams him again. Dream swings Wells to the ropes and back drops him then follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Wells rolls out of the ring. Hart is comforting him but Dream goes out, punches Wells and hurls him back in the ring. Hart is yelling at Dream through his megaphone. Dream swings Wells to the corner and charges in but Wells moves. Wells regroups and stomps away on Dream. Wells body slams Dream, hops up on the middle ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Wells continues to work Dream over as Hart encourages him through the megaphone. Wells swings Dream to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Wells goes to the top rope but spends to much time bantering with the fans. Dream gets up, runs over and slams Wells off the top rope! The fans are firing Dream up. Hart gets on the apron and Dream runs over but Hart quickly jumps down. Wells sneaks up but Dream turns around and hammers away. Dream sends Wells through the ropes with a big punch. Dream goes to the outside. Dream grabs the power cord and the fans cheer as he chokes Wells with it. Hart goes over but Dream gives him a look and Hart backs off but screams at him. The Ref is warning Dream but Dream continues to choke away. The Ref finally signals for the bell and disqualifies Dream. The bell is ringing but Dream continues to choke away. 

Winner of the Match by DQ- George Wells 

Rolling Thunder (McGraw and Putski) vs. The Real Deal (Regal and Wilhoit) w/Johnny Valiant 

This one started with a series of McGraw/Regal matches when Wilhoit interfered and formed an alliance with Valiant and Regal. McGraw's old partner Putski came in to even the odds. The match is fast paced and back and forth. All 4 men end up in the ring fighting in opposite corners. Rolling Thunder swings Real Deal into each other. Regal staggers around and gets back dropped by Putski. Wilhoit runs into a drop kick by McGraw. The Ref finally gets control. Putski works Wilhoit over with body slams and punches then tags in McGraw. McGraw comes off the middle ropes with an elbow 1..2..Regal runs in to make the save. Putski charges in but the Ref guides him back. Regal body slams McGraw then drags Wilhoit to his corner and tags himself in. Regal works over McGraw then executes a backbreaker and tags in Wilhoit. They hoist McGraw up and double suplex him back 1..2..Putski makes the save. Wilhoit swings McGraw to the ropes and goes for a back drop but McGraw hits a sunset flip 1..2..Kick Out. Wilhoit and McGraw get up and McGraw unloads on him then tags in Putski. They swing Wilhoit to the ropes and double back drop him. Wilhoit staggers up and Putski puts him down with a clothesline 1..2..Regal makes the save. McGraw runs in and everybody is fighting. The Ref is tied up with McGraw and Regal. Valiant wraps something up in his towel. Putski is punching away on Wilhoit in the corner when Valiant gets on the apron and WHACKS Putski over the head with his loaded towel. Wilhoit grabs Putski and hits a belly to belly suplex. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! The fans boo as the Real Deal steals a win. 

Winners of the Match- The Real Deal

Bock gets control early with an eye rake. Bock pushes Santana into the corner and stomps away. Bock body slams Santana, grabs the ropes and drops several knees then chokes Santana on the bottom rope until the Ref forces him to stop. Santana staggers up and Bock clamps on a headlock. Bock wrenches away but the fans are cheering Tito on. Tito shakes his fist then hoists Bock up and hits a back suplex. Santana fires up, swings Bock to the ropes and drop kicks him down. Santana body slams Bock, swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Santana reaches down but Bock gouges the eyes and hits Santana with several forearms to the mid section. Bock grabs Santana and vertical suplexes him. Bock pushes Santana over and stomps on the back. Bock clamps on the Boston Crab! Bock wrenches away as the fans cheer Santana on. Santana uses all his strength and makes it to the ropes. The Ref is telling Bock to break the hold. Bock wrenches a little more then out of frustration releases the hold and stomps away on the back. Bock picks Santana up but Santana grabs him and hits an Atomic Drop! Bock is wobbling, Santana hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a double axe handle. Bock goes down as Santana leans against the ropes favoring his back. The fans rally behind Santana. Santana shakes his fists. Bock staggers up, Santana swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Bock staggers up as Santana scoop slams him. Santana hits a side slam then picks Bock up and hits a vertical suplex. DIng Ding Ding. The bell rings as the time limit expires. The fans cant believe it as Santana had things going his way. Santana has his hands on his hips in disappointment. Santana just proved he's a player in TNT. 

Official Ruling- Time Limit Draw

Intermission 

TV Title Bout 

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. 'Hangman' Bobby Jaggers 

These two have had quite the altercations and battle of words. The match starts with a slugfest that takes them outside the ring. They trade punches around the ring. Tully hits Jaggers with a knee to the mid section then grabs his head and heads towards the steel post but Jaggers elbows Tully and swings him head first into the post! Tully is busted open. Jaggers hurls Tully into the ring. Jaggers swings Tully to the ropes and nails him with a bionic elbow. Tully spins around and down. Jaggers covers 1..2..Tully gets his foot on the rope. The Ref shows Jaggers. Jaggers gets up and Tully slides out of the ring. Tully walks around then falls down. Jaggers goes to the outside. Jaggers picks Tully up but Tully hits him with a mule kick. Both men are down. Tully rises, grabs Jaggers and slams his head on the apron then slides in the ring to stop the count. Tully slides back out, picks up Jaggers and rams his head on the steel post! Now Jaggers is busted open. Tully throws Jaggers back in the ring. Both men are bleeding. Tully drops several elbows on Jaggers, hops up on the middle ropes and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Jaggers gets his foot on the rope. Tully yells at the Ref. Tully works over Jaggers but cant put him away. He swings Jaggers into the corner and charges in but Jaggers runs forward and puts Tully down with a running clothesline. Both men are down and hurting. They both slowly rise and trade slow punches. Both men are almost out on their feet. Tully swings Jaggers to the ropes and on the way back they bust heads. Jaggers falls back and Tully falls on top 1..2..(Jaggers gets his foot on the rope but the Ref doesn't see it) 3! Both men are still down as the Ref reaches down and holds up Tully's arm in victory. 

Winner of the Match and still TV Champ- Tully Blanchard 

Anything goes Tornado Match

The Guerreros vs. The Sheepherders

This one is an all out fight! These guys just tear into each other and everybody is busted up within minutes. The partners take turns fighting each other in and out of the ring. After about 10 minutes of non stop brawling, the Guerreros get the upper hand as Chavo slams Luke's head several times on the turnbuckle while Mando suplexes Butch back in the ring. Luke staggers then falls back. The Guerreros swing Butch to the ropes and hit a double drop kick. Chavo goes to the top rope. Just as he fly's off with an elbow on Butch, Luke lowblows Mando and cradles him. The Ref counts both pins 1..2..3! Mass confusion as both teams score the pin. The Ref is talking with the ring announcer. As they're talking, Luke goes out and gets a chair. The Ring Announcer says there must be a winner and the match will continue. At that point Luke blasts Chavo from behind with the chair! Luke turns around and nails Mando with the chair. Luke helps Butch up. Butch grabs the chair and hits both Guerreros with it. The Guerreros are down and out. Luke and Butch cover Mando and Chavo 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- The Sheepherders

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart

This all started when HTM showed up on TV and blasted Lawler over the head with his guitar. Lawler has been waiting for this one on one match and as soon as soon as the bell rings he punches away on HTM. Jimmy Hart tries to hit Lawler with the megaphone but Lawler turns around and sends Hart through the ropes with a big punch! Lawler takes the strap off early and continues punching away on HTM. Lawler swings HTM to the corner, hops up on the middle ropes and the crowd counts along as he hammers down with punches. Lawler hops down, body slams HTM, hops back up on the ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..HTM gets his foot on the rope. Lawler lifts HTM up and clamps on the sleeper! Hart gets on the apron and grabs Lawler by the hair. As he's doing this, HTM rams Lawler back into the turnbuckles to break the hold. The Ref warns Hart but Hart denies everything. HTM gives Lawler several shoulder thrusts in the corner and regroups, HTM hits Lawler with several knees to the mid section then chokes him. HTM clamps on a headlock and punches away then drops Lawler with a double cross block. HTM hops on the middle ropes. Lawler staggers up and HTM drops him with a double axe handle to the back of the head, HTM showboats then covers 1..2..Kick Out. The fans are firing Lawler up. HTM tells them to "Shut up!" Hart is cheering HTM on through the megaphone. HTM picks Lawler up and goes for a swinging neckbreaker but Lawler stops it and back drops HTM over. Hart gets on the apron. Lawler and HTM stagger up and exchange punches. HTM is swinging Lawler towards the ropes but Lawler reverses it and swings HTM into Jimmy Hart. Hart fly's off the apron. HTM staggers into a scoop slam by Lawler. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a fist drop 1..2..3! The crowd goes nuts as Lawler celebrates. Out of nowhere the Nightmares run in and double clothesline Lawler from behind! They put the boots to Lawler but the fans go crazy when the Fabulous Ones run in and chase them back up the aisle. Lawler is down. HTM staggers up, rolls out of the ring and gets his guitar. Lawler slowly rises. HTM swings the guitar down and SHATTTERs it over Lawler's head! 

Winner of the Match- Jerry Lawler 

Number one contender's Match

The Fabulous Ones vs. The Nightmares w/Jimmy Hart

The fans cheer as the AWA Southern Tag Champs, Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala are introduced at ringside. Jimmy Hart must still be hurting because he's not out here. From what just happened, these two teams tear into each other. The Ref shows a lot of leniency as he lets the teams go at it. Order gets restored and the match is back and forth for 15 minutes. Nightmares get control as Davis hits Lane with a shoulder breaker and tags in Wayne. Wayne jumps off the top rope with a knee to the shoulder 1..2..Keirn breaks it. Davis charges in and Lane drop kicks him back to the corner. Later, Lane finally tags in Keirn and the Fabs have the momentum. They double hip toss Wayne and follow with a double drop kick 1..2..Davis breaks it and once again everybody is fighting. The Nightmares get control and swing the Fabs to the ropes and go for back drops but Lane kicks Davis and Keirn sunset flips over Wayne 1..2..3! The crowd goes crazy. After the Nightmares leave, Atlas and Ayala get in the ring. The teams stare at each other then shake hands as the fans cheer. That turns to thundering boos as Decimation hits the ring! Colley double clotheslines the Fabs as Shaw double clotheslines Atlas and Ayala from behind. Stasiak runs in and they put the boots to both teams. Colley and Shaw body slam everybody. Colley puts Lane on top of Keirn and Shaw swings off the ropes and body splashes both men! Colley swings Ayala to the ropes and Shaw puts him down with a back elbow drop. They swing Atlas to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Shaw swings off the ropes and splashes Ayala. Colley swings off the ropes and drops a flying knee on Atlas. Stasiak picks up the titles and raises them high to the booing crowd. Decimation has just made a huge statement!

Winners of the Match- The Fabulous Ones 

AWA TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Harley Race 

The fans have been waiting for this one every since Race defeated Bockwinkel to become the number one contender. Funk says he's more than ready for Race. The bell rings and there's an intense stare down. Race controls early as he snapmares Funk over and works a chinlock. He drives his knee in Funk's back and wrenches away. Race switches gears, clamps on a headlock and hits Funk with several fists. Race follows with a body slam, swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt 1..2..Kick Out. Race yells at the Ref. Race goes for a suplex but Funk fights it, spins him around and drops him with a Jawbreaker. Funk regroups. As Race rises, Funk pushes him in the corner and unloads with knife edge chops. Funk swings Race to the opposite corner and charges in with a shoulder block. Funk hits Race with several delayed punches then grabs Race by his legs and pulls up and slams him down. Funk stomps away on the leg then hits a seated senton on the leg. Funk applies the spinning toe hold. Funk wrenches away but Race is able to get to the ropes. The Ref gets Funk off and Race slides out of the ring to regroup. A frustrated Funk goes out after him. Funk grabs Race but Race kicks him low then hurls him in the ring. Race gets back in the ring and clears the cobwebs. He picks up Funk, swings him to the ropes and hits a high knee 1..2..Kick Out. Race picks up Funk and executes a delayed vertical suplex, then swings off the ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Kick out. Race yells at the Ref while holding up 3 fingers. Race chokes away on Funk, picks him up and hits an inverted atomic drop. Funk wobbles, Race grabs him and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Funk gets his shoulder up. Race cant believe it! Race hoists Funk up for the piledriver but Funk fights it and back drops Race over! Both men stagger up and Funk hits a snap DDT! Funk cant roll over and cover. The Ref starts the 10 count. Funk slowly gets up, grabs Race and hits a swining neckbreaker. Funk then hoists Race up and drops him with the Piledriver! Funk covers 1..2..3!!! The crowd cheers. The Ref hands Funk the TNT title and he's on his knees holding it up high. 

Winner of the Match and still TNT Champion- Terry Funk 

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol

The match the fans have been waiting for. On TV, Idol attacked Hogan and put the Las Vegas Leglock on him. Hogan demanded this match. The bell rings and Idol gives Hogan and double bicep pose. They're about to lock up but Idol struts back and gives Hogan another pose. They finally lock up and Hogan pushes Idol across the ring. Idol looks on in shock as Hogan gives him some muscle poses. The fans are cheering as Idol kicks the ropes and charges Hogan. Hogan blocks his punches and fires away, swings him to the ropes and presses him over his head then slams him down! Idol bounces around and staggers up as Hogan sends him over the top rope with the Axe Bomber! Idol bounces around and falls over the guard ropes and into the front row. The Ref starts the count but Hogan stops him when he reaches 8. Hogan goes to the outside, grabs Idol and hurls him back in the ring. Idol reaches in his tights and pulls out an object. Hogan gets in the ring and reaches down but Idol grinds the object in Hogan's face. Hogan falls back and down, rubbing his eyes. The Ref checks on Hogan as Idol puts the object back in his tights. Idol stomps on Hogan, drags him to the ropes and chokes him on the ropes. Idol hangs Hogan on the middle ropes, swings back off the ropes and hits a guillotine. Idol grabs Hogan, chokes him on the top rope then snaps him back. Idol picks up Hogan, swings him to the ropes and hits a back elbow smash. Idol gives the booing fans a bicep pose then lifts Hogan up and vertical suplexes him back 1..2..Kick Out. Idol says "It's Over!" Idol picks up Hogan and hits a Shin Breaker. Idol grabs the leg and drops several elbows down then picks up Hogan and drops him with another Shin Breaker! Idol then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock!! Idol wrenches away as the Ref asks Hogan if he wants to submit. Hogan screams "NO!" The fans are cheering the champ on. Hogan falls back. The Ref counts 1..2..Hogan snaps up and fires up. He grabs Idol's head and punches away. Idol finally falls back and Hogan gets out of the hold. The fans roar as Hogan stands up, limps around then shakes his fists. Idol gets up but Hogan fires away on him. Hogan swings Idol into the turnbuckles. Idol staggers out and Hogan picks him up, twirls him around and slams him down. Hogan picks Idol up, swings him to the ropes and nails him with the big boot. Hogan swings off the ropes and crashes down with the flying leg drop 1..2..3!!!! The fans blow the roof off the place! Hogan parades around the ring, holding up his title! 

Winner of the Match and still AWA World Champion- Hulk Hogan 

Man, what a show from top to bottom!!

Spivey and Tsuruta each pick up big wins early in the night.

Machine and Wells appears to be far from over. I think a No DQ match may be order here. Still super glad I traded Wells to you. You have done so much more with him than I would have ever dreamed of.

Bock and Santana go to the limit, and Tito makes sure that everyone knows there is a new contender in town. Would have loved to have seen this one!

Tully makes it out with the TV Title by the skin of his teeth, but that is his M.O. I have to assume Jaggers will be back for a rematch, but I have faith Tully will be ready!

Another violent war between the Guerreros and the 'Herders, this one just keeps getting nastier!

Lawler wins the match, but HTM gets one over on him. Feel like this one is far from over too. Probably gonna get a lot bloodier and a lot nastier before all is said and done!

Fabs dispatch the Nightmares, but Decimation wins the night! If you want to make a statement destroying the champions and the top contenders is the way to do it!!

The Funker retains in a tough one! Race gave him everything he had, but Terry pulls it out. Loving this reign, and I am excited to see who steps up to challenge next.

Hogan gets the best of Idol (Boo!) but Austin gave his all. I hope we get a rematch down the line!

Awesome show man!

Damn...what a show!  I love the fact that it had something for everyone...brawls, great technical match ups....no one could have left unsatisfied.

Bockwinkel vs. Tito really stands out for me as match that would really show the fans just what Tito is all about and that he is destined for big things here.

Lawler vs. HTM is southern rasslin at it's best Lawler gets the win but HTM leaves with his heat...great stuff!

Idol is a great heel opponent for Hogan....I really hate he didn't get a run with him in WWF...I could totally see Idol on that Orndorff spot against Hogan in '86....could have been some fun stuff....not Flair/Steamboat type good.....Hogan/WWF 80's gaga good.

Awesome show and a real treat for the people of Jackson.  

Great writing with nice background information for many of your feuds.

Spivey is proving to just be better then Brown

Always like to see the evil foreigners go down as you did in match 2

Axe does a nice job of subbing in but Jumbo may be too much for him at this stage

Dream Machine with some heel tactics shows that sometimes there is more then just trying to get a win

Love Tully as the TV champ.  It really makes that title have some weight

Guerreros/Sheepherder has been a nice mid-card bloodbath for you and keeps the fans attention until the big matches

Lawler/HTM leads to chaos and then the Fab Ones get the #1 contender win after helping Lawler.  Helping Lawler in TN really gets them over!

Funk vs Race .... Hogan vs Idol.... what a star pack show!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis, TN 5-10-84

Highlights are shown of the recent card in Jackson such as Hulk Hogan retaining the AWA World title over Austin Idol. Terry Funk retains the TNT Title over Harley Race. Tully Blanchard retains the TV title over Bobby Jaggers and The Fabulous Ones defeat the Nightmares to become number one tag team title contenders. Tito Santana takes Nick Bockwinkel to a draw and the Honkytonk Man blasts Jerry Lawler over the head with a guitar. 

Lance Russell: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. As you saw at the top of the program a lot went down in Jackson and we'll be talking more about that though out the show. Jerry Jarrett will be here tonight with some big announcements regarding a big upcoming card in Louisville on June 7th. In addition we have some big matches set for tonight as the Sheepherders will take on Rolling Thunder and Jumbo Tsuruta will face the Dream Machine. Let's go to the ring as Bob Roop makes his TNT televised debut. 

Bob Roop vs. Gary Williams

Roop works over the shoulder of Williams. He puts Williams in a hammerlock and body slams him down. Roop picks up Williams and drops him with a shoulder breaker to get the pin! The Ref raises Roop's arm but Roop jerks it away and heads to the podium. 

Lance: Very impressive win Mr. Roop. 

Roop: Of course it was! Lance Russell, you and all these fans know my resume and credentials. You're looking at the best all around wrestler in the world. Nobody can match me hold for hold. The reason I'm here is simple, I want that TNT title and a man like Bob Roop doesn't wait in line! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, please welcome out Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I understand you have some big announcements. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. First off, I want to announce that on June 7th at the Louisville Gardens, Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala will defend the AWA Southern Tag Team titles against the Fabulous Ones. The Fabulous Ones earned that shot...

The fans boo as Stan Stasiak leads out Decimation (Mike Shaw and Randy Colley) 

Stasiak: Here we go again. Jarrett! You saw what these men did to not just one team but 2 teams. In Jackson they obliviated both the Fabulous Ones and the so called champs! Decimation is undefeated and yet they haven't received a title shot. What gives? I want answers! 

Jarrett: Hold on Stasiak, although I didn't like that attack, you did get my attention. The Fabulous Ones earned the next shot and that stands. However, I talked with Verne Gagne, and Decimation will be receiving a shot at the AWA world tag team titles in July at the big Summer Blast card to be held in the Mid South Coliseum. 

Stasiak actually smiles.

Jarrett: One more thing Stasiak. The Fabulous Ones aren't going to let that post match attack slide, so next week, live on TV, Decimation will face the Fabulous Ones.

Stasiak: Fine by us! But be warned, after Decimation gets done with them they wont make it to Louisville for their title shot. 

Stasiak and Decimation leave. 

Jarrett: Next up, also in Louisville, Terry Funk will defend the TNT title. I've decided that next week Nick Bockwinkel will face Tito Santana and the winner will receive that title shot. 

Lance: Ok, lot's of big news in TNT, fans we'll be right back.

Commercial Break 

AWA Southern Tag Champs Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala vs. Steve Rooney and Jay Jones 

The fans are 100% behind the champs as they simply over power their opponents. Atlas presses Jones over his head and slams him down then tags in Ayala. Ayala clamps on a bear hug, rams Jones into the turnbuckles then belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! The fans cheer as Atlas and Ayala hold the titles up high. 

The champs cut a promo and say they're ready for the Fabs and haven't forgotten about Decimation. They tell all the teams in TNT to get in line and they'll defend against all comers! 

Commercial Break

Cocoa Samoa vs. Randy Glader 

Cocoa hip tosses Glader and follows with a high drop kick. Cocoa swings off the ropes and crashes down with a diving headbutt. The fans cheer as Cocoa hops on the middle ropes and hits a splash for the pin! The Ref is raising Cocoa's hand when WHAM!!! Cocoa is nailed with a clothesline from behind by Ratamyus! Ratamyus hasn't been seen since his suspension. Ratamyus stomps on Cocoa then hurls him out of the ring. Ratamyus goes out, picks up Cocoa and slams him head first into the steel post! Cocoa is busted open. Officials run out to stop this madness. Officials help Cocoa up. Ratamyus grabs a chair, runs through the officials and blasts Cocoa over the head with it! Cocoa is a bloody mess as the show cuts to a commercial. 

Commercial Break

Lance: I cant believe what we just saw. What a sickening act by Ratamyus. I didn't know his suspension was lifted. 

Jerry Jarrett comes back out.

Jarrett: Yes, as of today, the suspension of Ratamyus was lifted, however, it's obvious that he hasn't learned a thing as we just saw. Therefore, once again Ratamyus is suspended. 

Ratamyus storms out and flips over the podium! Lance high tails it out of there. Jarrett runs back. 

Ratamyus: You cannot stop me! Nobody can! 

Ratamyus heads towards Jarrett and grabs him by his shirt! The fans are shocked. Ratamyus grabs Jarrett by his throat and starts choking him. Lance is yelling for help. 

Larry Hennig and members of Security run out and back Ratamyus off. 

Commercial Break 

Steve O vs. Clint Walker 

As officials clean up the podium area, this match starts. Steve O back drops Walker. As Walker staggers up, Steve O nails him with a flying body press for the pin! The fans cheer as Steve heads over to the podium. 

Steve: I hope you and Jerry are ok. That was a disgusting act. I was in the back with Cocoa and he's being taken to the hospital. Ratamyus needs to be stopped and I guarantee that Cocoa Samoa will be the one to do it! You made a grave mistake Ratamyus! 

Lance: Fans, I'm still a bit shaken up and I understand Jerry Jarrett is being looked at by medics in the back. I hope to give you an update on his condition soon. Let's go back to the ring. 

Dan Spivey vs. Samuel Edwards 

Spivey swings Edwards to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot! Spivey swings off the ropes and crashes down with a big elbow to get the pin! The fans are taking a liking to the big man as he continues to gain momentum. 

Commercial Break

The Sheepherders vs. Rolling Thunder (Putski and McGraw) 

Hard hitting match up as Rolling Thunder shows they can go toe to toe with the wild Sheepherders. Putski and McGraw swing Luke to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Butch charges in and gets a double clothesline. Putski works Luke over and body slams him then tags in McGraw. McGraw comes off the middle ropes with a forearm drop 1..2..Butch breaks it. Putski runs in but the Ref guides him back. Butch drops a knee on McGraw and drags Luke to the corner and tags himself in. Butch swings McGraw to the ropes but misses a back elbow, McGraw swings back and puts Butch down with a drop kick then tags in Putski. Putski drops a knee on Butch 1..2..Luke breaks it. McGraw runs in and sends Luke flying back with a running forearm blast. The Ref finally gets McGraw back to his corner. Putski picks up Butch but Luke runs in and clips Putski's knee. Butch picks up Putski and rams his head into Luke's boot then tags in Luke. They double body slam Putski and Luke follows with a knee drop 1..2..McGraw breaks it. As the Ref is guiding McGraw back, the Sheepherders swing Putski into McGraw. McGraw goes through the ropes. The Sheepherders pick up Putski and hit a double rib breaker 1..2..3!! The fans boo as the Sheepherders taunt them before exiting. 

McGraw comes back into the ring after realizing what happened. Putski is hurting and holding his ribs. McGraw slowly helps Putski up then drops him with a short arm clothesline!!! The fans boo as McGraw is yelling down at Putski. McGraw picks Putski up and drops him with a rib breaker! 

Commercial Break

Lance: I don't know what to say...

Boos as Rick McGraw storms to the podium

Lance: Come on Rick, what was the meaning of that? 

McGraw: The name is Quick Draw! I came to TNT to make a name for myself but instead I was being held back by a washed up has been! I should of left the Polish Wimp a long time ago but to tell you the truth I felt sorry for him. Well, no more feeling sorry. It's time to look out for number one and believe me when I tell you Lance and all these idiots out here, you will remember the name Quick Draw Rick McGraw! 

Lance: My goodness, it's been a very unsettling show. Back up to the ring. 

TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Stu Jersky 

Tully is full on arrogant Tully as he slaps Jersky around then body slams him and follows with consecutive elbow drops. Tully antagonizes the booing fans before hoisting Jersky up and hitting the Sling Shot Suplex for the pin! Tully holds up his TV title with an arrogant smirk, then heads to the podium. 

Tully: Well, well, well, look who's still holding the TV title. Everybody thought Bobby Jaggers was going to whip me bad but here we are and I'm holding this title. I just have one question. Who's next? I'll answer that. Nobody! There's nobody in TNT left for me to beat. 

The fans cheer when Chavo Guerrero walks out.

Chavo: I've been listening to you and your big mouth Tully. My brother is out with an injury and I need to stay sharp. If your looking for an opponent, well here I am.

Fans cheer

Tully: (Smiling) You? Is this a joke? Really, you? Jeez, what kind of promotion is this? You haven't earned anything boy.

Chavo: Ok, fair enough. How about we have a non title match next week and if I beat you, you give me a shot.

Tully (laughs) I'll tell you what, just to prove you're not even in my league, if you last 10 minutes with me, then you can have a shot. I hope you don't mind being embarrassed on national TV. 

Chavo: I assure you Blanchard, I'll be ready. 

Tully: Hey, you know what? I'm going to dedicate this match to your fallen brother and then afterwards you boys can have a good ol fashion Guerrero sulk fest. Out of the goodness of my heart I'll supply the piñata. (laughs) 

Chavo waits until Tully looks at him then puts Tully down with a right fist! 

The fans go wild! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: (Smiling) Wow, I think Chavo left an impression on the TV champ. Well fans, before we get to our main event, please welcome out the current TNT Champion, Terry Funk. Terry, you heard the announcement earlier. Nick Bockwinkel and Tito Santana will wrestle next week for a shot at your title in Louisville on June 7th. 

Funk: Lance, the Funker is ready for either one of those stooges. I told you, I'm going to hold on to this title by any means necessary! I already beat Bockwinkel so I wouldn't mind beating him again. As for Santana, I have no problem putting him down. It doesn't matter, the end result will be the same. Me holding up this title. Lance Russell, you can bet on that! 

TV Main Event 

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. The Dream Machine

It doesn't take long before these guys start slugging it out. Dream punches away as Jumbo comes back with chops. Jumbo gets the upper hand and hits an overhead back suplex. Jumbo follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick out. Jumbo swings Dream into the corner and charges in with a high knee but Dream moves! Dream regroups and body slams Jumbo then hops up on the middle ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Stasiak puts Jumbo's foot on the ropes. Dream looks down at Stasiak and warns him but Stasiak denies everything. Dream swings Jumbo to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Stasiak gets on the apron and distracts the Ref. Stasiak and the Ref are having a heated argument. The fans boo when Jimmy Hart leads George Wells out. Dream swings off the ropes and drops an elbow on Jumbo. As he covers, Wells hits the ring with a pair of brass knuckle and hits a fist drop on Dream's head, Wells exits and him and Hart run to the back. Stasiak drops down from the apron. Jumbo regroups, picks Dream up and powerbombs him down 1..2..3!! Big time boos as Stasiak runs in and holds Jumbo's arm up in victory. 

Lance: A tainted win for Jumbo Tsuruta....

Jimmy Hart leads George Wells and The Honkytonk Man out. 

Hart: You keep quiet Lance. Just look at my family, what a gifted group we are. Did the Dream Machine forget about what he did to George Wells in Jackson? Well, Master G just reminded him (Laughs) and hey Honkytonk, where's Jerry Lawler? 

HTM: Jimmy, he's at home courtesy of the Honkytonk Man baby. Lawler, if you have the guts and want more of the Honkytonk Man then brother I wont mind beating you up again. Come and get it! 

Hart: I'm telling you, the Hart Family is stronger than ever and I have a surprise coming real soon baby! Jerry Lawler, I know you'll especially love my surprise. (More Laughing as they exit. 

Lance: Well, I'm not sure what Jimmy Hart is talking about but I'm sure both Lawler and Dream Machine will be coming back for more. Fans, I've been told that Jerry Jarrett will be ok but is at the hospital for evaluation. It's been a rather unsettling show. Don't forget next week we'll have the Fabulous Ones taking on Decimation. If Chavo Guerrero can last 10 minutes with Tully Blanchard, he'll get a TV title shot. And, Tito Santana faces Nick Bockwinkel for a shot at the TNT title. All that and Mr. Wrestling 2 comes to TNT, next week. Fans, Steve Stack will see you at the Junction, next week. So long everybody. 

Looking forward to what Jimmy Hart has up his sleeve.

Funk vs either Bock or Tito should be a great match as will the match to decide it.

Blanchard vs Guerrero will be awesome.

Nice debut for Roop.

Decimation vs The Road Warriors should be a fight.

Fabs vs Atlas/Ayala, will the Fabs finally win the belts?

Good show man!

That was a fun show to read as it just had so many twist and turns.

Nice Intro to TNT for Roop

I think you have really hit on something for Stasiak here

RATAMYUS!  RATAMYUS!  I need more Ratamyus!

You have such depth at both the top team division and the main eventers that you can keep surprising us.

McGraw and Putski will be a fun midcard feud.

Funk is perfect for your territory

Hart and HTM together is awesome and this makes Lawler even better.

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction, San Antonio TX 5-17-84

Stack: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling right here on the USA network. Huge show lined up as Nick Bockwinkel will wrestle Tito Santana for a shot at the TNT title on June 7th in Louisville. Also, Chavo Guerrero will take on TV champ Tully Blanchard. If Chavo lasts 10 minutes he will get a title shot on June 7th. Also tonight, Decimation will take on the Fabulous Ones. And the TNT champ himself, Terry Funk will be in action. I want to bring out Jerry Jarrett. Last week we saw Ratamyus return and brutally attack Cocoa Samoa then proceeded to put his hands on you, Jerry. Jerry, I know you were shaken up and I'm glad to see you're doing well. 

Jarrett: Thank you Steve. It was a terrifying moment and I want to make it clear, Ratamyus was in fact suspended again. We will hear some pre recorded comments from Cocoa Samoa a little later. This week I was doing a lot of thinking and I've decided to appoint a commissioner here in TNT. This man will call the shots. Please welcome the new commissioner, Larry 'The Axe' Hennig! 

The fans cheer as Larry walks out and lifts his fist to them. 

Jarrett: I feel I couldn't of made a better pick. The time is yours Larry.

Larry: Thank you Jerry. It's no secret my in ring career was coming to an end but I still want to be a part of this great business so when Jerry made this offer, well I just couldn't resist. Now, I'm not here to hamstring the wrestlers. If they have issues and scores to settle, I assure you, they will be settled in the ring. 

Stack: Ok, big news as Larry Hennig is the acting commissioner of TNT. Fans, lets go to the ring as the champ is ready for action.

TNT Champ Terry Funk vs. Clint Walker  

Funk chops away on Walker in the corner then hits a Russian Leg Sweep. Funk follows with a Piledriver to get the easy pin. The fans cheer as Funk holds the title high then heads to the podium. 

Stack: Well Terry, on June 7th you will be defending your title against either Santana or Bockwinkel.

Funk: Steve Stack, I've told you a thousand times, I don't care which egg sucking dog wins the match cuz it don't matter. Neither one of them is going to take this title away from me. You got that! 

Commercial Break 

Bob Roop vs. Todd Rooney 

Roop made his debut last week and he's ready for more action tonight as he hammers away on Rooney. Roop puts Rooney in a hammer lock then rams his shoulder on the turnbuckle. Roop hoists Rooney up and hits a Shoulder Breaker for the pin! The fans boo as Roop heads to the podium. 

Roop: I made it clear last week that I want a title match and....

The fans boo as Nick Bockwinkel walks out. Roop stares at him. Bock whispers something to him. Roop and Bock then walk away, leaving Steve Stack puzzled. 

Commercial Break 

TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Chavo Guerrero- If Chavo lasts 10 minutes, he gets a title shot 

Tully struts around the ring with an arrogant smirk. They lock up and Tully pushes Chavo into the ropes. At the break, Tully slaps Chavo. An irate Chavo charges but Tully backpedals and slides to the outside. Tully spends a lot of time bantering with the fans. Tully gets on the apron and Chavo charges and pounds away then suplexes Tully back into the ring 1..2..Kick Out. Chavo is all over Tully with hip tosses, drop kicks and back drops. Chavo swings Tully to the corner and charges in but Tully lifts his knees as Chavo nails them head on. Tully regroups and takes charge. Tully body slams Chavo and drops several consecutive elbows 1..2..Kick Out. It's announced 7 minutes has gone by. Tully swings off the ropes and lands with a delayed knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tully hops up on the middle ropes and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tully totally berates the Ref. Tully grabs the top rope and drops several knees, follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out! The fans are cheering Chavo on as Tully throws a tantrum. Tully goes for the Sling Shot Suplex but Chavo blocks it and hits a jaw breaker! Both men are down and trying to regroup. Tully wobbles up, grabs Chavo and swings him to the ropes. Tully bends down for a back drop but Chavo sunset flips over him 1..2..Kick Out. Chavo body slams Tully then hops up on the middle ropes. Tully staggers up and Chavo nails him with a flying dropkick, ding, ding, ding. The 10 minutes has expired! Chavo lasted the time! The fans roar as Chavo realizes he did it. Chavo pumps his fists and jumps up and down as Tully rolls out of the ring. Tully tries to stand by stumbles back down. 

Commercial Break 

Stack: What a moment! Chavo Guerrero has earned himself a TV title shot on June 7th. Fans, my guests at this time are Johnny Valiant and the Blonde Bomber Kerry Brown. Johnny, I understand you have a few things to say. 

Valiant: That's right so just sit back and let me do the talking! (Looks at Kerry) Kerry, you not only embarrassed me once but twice! You let that big dope Dan Spivey beat you not once but twice! There's no room here for losers. You my friend do not deserve the Blonde Bomber name anymore! 

Kerry: Whoa, hold on, what the hell are you talking about? Those loses are nothing I cant bounce back from. 

Valiant: Nope, sorry, it's to late. I've found another man who's a lot more worthy to carry the blonde bomber name. Let me introduce to you, Goldie Rogers! 

Goldie comes out and levels Kerry from behind with a clothesline! Goldie puts his foot on Kerry's back, smiles and poses as Valiant applauds. 

Commercial Break 

The show comes back and Bobby Jaggers is at the podium. 

Jaggers: You know Steve, my good buddy called me up a couple of weeks ago and asked me about getting together for another round. I told him HELL YES! That good buddy is none other than Dutch Mantel! 

Dutch comes out as the fans cheer. 

Dutch: That's right! The Kansas Jayhawks are back in action and brother we're going for some gold! 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Vic Dutro and Gary Williams

Jayhawks are decked out in full cowboy gear. Jaggers has his bull rope and Dutch has his whip. Jayhawks are all over their opponents. They finish off Williams with a double clothesline for the pin! Dutch grabs his whip and snaps it while Jaggers swings his bull rope. 

Commercial Break 

Man Mountain Link vs. Neil Casper 

On commentary, Steve puts over this monster as he makes his TNT debut. Link slams Casper down hard, swings off the ropes and hits a big splash 1..2..Link lifts Casper's head up as the fans. Link hoists Casper up and hits a running powerslam 1..2..3! The fans boo as Link hoists Casper up again and executes another powerslam! 

Stack: Wow! Man Mountain Link comes to TNT and right off the bat makes a dangerous impact. Fans, I want to bring in a true wrestling great who's arrived in TNT. Please welcome Mr. Wrestling 2! 

The fans cheer as Wrestling 2 walks out wearing his mask and suit. He's also carrying a mask. 

Wrestling 2: Steve, I wish I could say it was a pleasure to be here but I just cant. The state of affairs in the AWA and wrestling in general has me sick to my stomach. I've decided to do something about it. This mask I'm holding is reserved for a very special individual, somebody worthy enough to carry on the Wrestling tradition. Let me introduce to you, Jessie Barr!

Barr walks out in a suit as the fans boo.

Wrestling 2: Jessie, this mask is now yours and it is my honor to bestow upon you the name Mr. Wrestling 3!

Barr: It will be an honor and privilege to uphold the Wrestling name. It's time this poor excuse for a wrestling territory actually had some quality wrestling.

Jessie Barr puts on the mask. Wrestling 2 holds up his arm as the fans boo.  

Commercial Break 

The Fabulous Ones vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak

On commentary, Steve reminds the fans that the Fabs will get a AWA Southern Tag Title match on June 7th while Decimation will receive an AWA World Tag Title match in July at the big Summer Blast Spectacular. This match stems from Decimation beating down the Fabs after their number one contender's match.

The match starts with a brawl! The Fabs send Shaw out of the ring with a double drop kick then send Colley over the top rope with a double clothesline! Stasiak runs over to regroup his team. Fabs control the early portion with quick tags and double team maneuvers. The tide turns when Shaw hits Lane with a forearm to the back of the head from the apron. Lane staggers into a forearm blast from Colley. Colley body slams Lane and tags in Shaw. They swing Lane to the ropes and hit a double back elbow smash. Shaw drops an elbow 1..2..Keirn breaks it. Colley sticks his boot out and Shaw rams Lane's head on it then tags in Colley. Colley swings Lane to the ropes, misses a clothesline, Lane swings back and hits Colley with a Savate kick then dives over and tags in Keirn. Keirn pounds away on Shaw, body slams him, swings off the ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Shaw breaks it, then picks Keirn up and choke slams him down. Lane runs in and hammers Shaw into the corner. Colley comes over but Lane puts him down with a karate kick. The Ref guides Lane back. Stasiak hands a loaded towel to Shaw. Keirn is up and pounds away on Colley but Shaw nails Keirn on the back of the head with the loaded towel. Colley falls on top. Shaw runs over and fights Lane in the corner while the Ref counts 1..2..3! Big time boos as Decimation gets the shady win. 

Commercial Break 

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski vs. Stu Jersky 

Putski is wrestling with some aggression probably stemming from his partner Rick McGraw turning on him last week. Putski totally squashes Jersky and finishes him off with the Polish Hammer! The fans cheer as Putski goes to the podium.

Stack: Well Ivan, I'm sure you're trying to make sense of why Rick McGraw did what he did last week.

Putski: He says I was holding him back and he called me a has been. It appears he's trying to make a name for himself at my expense. I'll tell you right now, that isn't going to happen! This old timer still has fuel in the tank and McGraw, I'm coming for you!  

Commercial Break 

The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart vs. Dave Stallings 

Both HTM and Hart get mega heat as the fans really give it to them. HTM swings Stallings into the turnbuckles and punches away then body slams him. HTM hops on the middle ropes and yells "This is for you Lawler!" and hits a fist drop. HTM picks up Stallings and hits the Swinging Neckbreaker 1..2..3! Hart runs in the ring and raises HTM's arm as they arrogantly laugh. The Fans roar as Jerry Lawler hits the ring! Lawler pounds away on HTM! Hart tries to run but Lawler catches him by his shirt. Hart is screaming as Lawler winds up but Lawler is nailed from behind by George Wells! Wells pounds away on Lawler! HTM regroups and joins in but the fans cheer as Dream Machine hits the ring! Dream goes to town on Wells and HTM. Lawler gets up and joins in. Hart runs for his life. Lawler and Dream punch HTM and Wells through the ropes as the fans go crazy! 

Commercial Break

Lawler and Dream Machine are at the podium. 

Stack: I cant believe I'm seeing this but Jerry Lawler is standing side by side with the Dream Machine.

Lawler: It appears we both have issues with the Hart Family. We're out here to issue a challenge. We want that greaser HTM and that back shooting coward Wells, in a match, next week! 

Stack: Ok, the challenge has been made. Fans, I want to take you to some pre recorded comments from Cocoa Samoa, who's at home resting.

Cocoa (bandaged forehead) Ratamyus! Once again you have gotten the best of me by attacking from behind. No More! You may be suspended but I know a way. On June 7th, I want Ratamyus in a non sanctioned lights out match! You want to get crazy? Fine by me, let's get crazy! 

Commercial Break 

Winner gets a TNT Title Shot on June 7th

The first few minutes are clean but very intense as both men want that title shot bad. Bock hits some arm drags and follows with a take down arm bar. Bock works on the arm until Tito fights back and turns the tables on Bock with an arm drag takeover. Bock reaches the ropes. As they lock up, Bock kicks Tito in the mid section, hits him with a forearm to the face and follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Bock swings Tito to the ropes, back drops him then follows with a vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Bock gets frustrated, swings Tito to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Bock starts to wrench it on but Tito runs back and rams Bock into the turnbuckles to break it. Tito regroups, grabs Bock and hits an inverted atomic drop then clotheslines Bock down 1..2..Bock gets his foot on the rope. Tito hits a side slam then goes to the middle ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..Bock gets his shoulder up. Tito swings Bock to the ropes and drop kicks him. The fans boo as Bob Roop walks out and circles the ring. Tito goes to the top rope. Bock staggers up and Tito comes down with a double axe handle. Tito signals for the flying forearm smash as the fans cheer. Tito swings off the ropes but Roop trips him! Tito staggers forward then turns around and yells at Roop. The Ref is yelling down at Roop but Roop shakes his head and holds his hands out. Bock runs over and nails Tito with a high knee to the back then rolls Tito up 1..2..3! Thundering boos. Bock slides out of the ring. Bock looks at Roop and nods then puts out his hand. Roop nods and shakes it. What's this all about??? 

Commercial Break

Steve Stack is standing with Larry Henning. 

Stack: Well Larry, it's been quite the first night on the job for you. 

Larry: Sure has and I want to address a few things. Next week, it will be Lawler and Dream Machine facing HTM and Wells. Because of what happened earlier, on June 7th, Kerry Brown will get a match with Goldie Rogers. Speaking of June 7th, I am going to allow the non sanction match to take place. Cocoa Samoa and Ratamyus will go at it in a lights out match! I said issues will be settled in the ring and brother they will! 

Stack: Alright, well fans Lance Russell will see you next week in Memphis. 

TNT Upcoming Card @ The Louisville Gardens, 6-7-84

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Nick Bockwinkel

AWA Southern Tag Title Bout

Tony Atlas and Hercules Ayala (C) vs. The Fabulous Ones

TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. Chavo Guerrero 

Ivan 'Polish Power' Putski vs. 'Quick Draw' Rick McGraw

Kerry Brown vs. 'Blonde Bomber' Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant 

NON SANCTIONED LIGHTS OUT MATCH

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus

More matches to be announced 

Also, SUMMER BLAST 84 is coming to the Mid South Coliseum in July! 

All the AWA World Titles will be defended! 

Great show that really built up the June 7 card!

I love Johnny V taking away the name and giving it to Goldie Rogers, a great way to lead right into their match and give it meaning. I've always been a fan of Johnny V, I really enjoyed him co-hosting the old Coliseum Videos back in the late 80's.

What a great way to get Chavo over and establish him as a serious threat to Tully's title.....the "moral victory" lasting 10 minutes gets him over with the crowd and shows he can handle Tully, a couple of weeks ago he was mostly looked at as a tag team guy...but in no time at all you've established him as a legit threat to Tully's TV title...great stuff!

Roop helps Bock get the win and now Tito is going to be looking for revenge and what title match we're getting with Bockwinkel vs. Funk!

With "The Axe" laying down the law, things could get real interesting in TNT!

The Funker is ready for anybody, and makes short work of the competition. 

Roop and Bock working together is bad news for somebody!

The Blanchard/Guerrero rematch is gonna be awesome!!!

So glad to see the Jayhawks together. Before the draft I was trying to figure out who I could trade you for Jaggers, just in case I got Dutch!! Great team!!

Jessie Barr is Wrestling 3? Okay! Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Decimation picks up the huge (tainted) win over the Fabs! They have to be the favorite going into their title shot, as they are on a roll.

Honky and Wells vs Lawler and Dream Machine... Yes, Please!!

Roop costs Santana the win, Bock gets Funk again, and we potentially get Santana/Roop. Best possible outcome!!

June 7th at the Garden is gonna be one heck of a show!!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA