Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Great opening segment with Tully, Baby Doll and Mr. Olympia

Enjoying the babyface run of the Grapplers

Adonis is on his way to being the #1 heel after a run-in with Lawler

You just seem to have a knack for getting things done in such a simple but intriguing way as now we are onto the next feud for Oates Outstanding

Colon vs Bock-  HUGE

Nice development if the Light Heavyweight division

Johnny Rich-Wendell Cooley has such a Tennessee feel... looking forward to seeing how this plays out

Nice win for Martel!

Nice debut for Hart!

Sgt going after Baron... I think this might just be the beginning of Slaughter cleaning up USWA!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USWA @ The County Coliseum Odessa TX 2-1-85

Rolling Thunder vs. Pete James and Rory Wills 

Nothing but a pure squash. DJ Peterson hits a flying shoulder tackle from the top rope and Mike Shaw follows with a big splash for the easy win. 

Scott McGhee vs. Tiger Chung Lee 

These guys have been trading wins in their feud. Lee tries to hit McGhee with his kendo stick but McGhee kicks him, grabs the stick and nails Lee. The Ref DQs McGhee. Lee gets the win but McGhee is the one standing. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Good fast paced back and forth match. The big moment is when Johnny Rich shows up at ringside in a suit. Cooley sees him and heads towards him with fury in his eyes. Regal rolls Cooley up with a handful of tights to get the pin. Cooley gets right up and goes out after Rich but Rich is out of there in a hurry. 

Central States Tag Team Title Bout 

Bad Attitude (C) w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. The Super Samoans

The crowd is into this hard hitting match up. A pier six brawl ensues. Tui is thrown out of the ring. Fergie runs over and puts the boots to him. Inside the ring, Bad Attitude hit a double rib breaker on Sakalia for the pin. Bad Attitude retain their titles. 

Adrian Adonis vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming

Fleming catches Adonis off guard and frustrates him with some solid wrestling moves. After a lot of bumping, Adonis's frustration turns to anger and he finally finishes Fleming off with the DDT! 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Baron Von Raschke 

Ron Slinker and his men did a number on Slaughter and Slaughter declared war. Slaughter has vowed to take out all the maggots until he gets to Slinker. Baron works Slaughter over and breaks just about every rule. Baron goes for the claw but Slaughter punches out of the attempt. The fans chant USA as Slaughter makes his comeback and finishes Baron off with a lariat! 

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel and Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll

vs.

Carlos Colon and Mr. Olympia 

Outstanding main event that goes 45 minutes. Each man shines. Tully and Olympia really go at it. Baby Doll gets in a couple slaps. Colon and Bock have some amazing exchanges. In the end, Tully and Olympia are fighting in the corner. Bock goes for a body slam but Colon cradles him for the 1..2..3! 

USWA @ The Dunn Center, Clarksville TN 2-2-85

Gypsy Joe vs. Kent Kelp 

Joe is new to the USWA but comes in with a wild reputation. Tonight the fans see that first hand as he just destroys Kelp before finishing him off with a flying knee drop from the top rope.

The Goldmine vs. Oates Outstanding  

After what happened on TV with Johnny Valiant, Jerry Grey and Goldie Rogers have decided to team up and call themselves the Goldmine. Valiant is booked elsewhere tonight and that plays a factor. Oates look good tonight but the Goldmine are  motivated. Goldmine win the match as Goldie Rogers punches Jerry Oates out of the ring while Jerry Grey executes a superplex on Ted Oates for the pin! 

"Timekeeper" Mike George vs. Hercules Ayala

George holds his own and gives Ayala some trouble but Ayala's power comes out on top as he finishes George off with a powerslam. 

Coat of Arms vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker and Killer Brooks w/Boris Zhukov 

Bob DellaSerra and Gino Brito put their past differences behind them and have formed a solid team. They've found themselves in a feud with The Legion. The Legion are in an alliance with Ron Slinker. Tonight Boris is in Slinker and Brooks corner and he's got a chain. That wont come into play...right? Of course it does as the Coat of Arms are on the verge of winning the match but while the Ref is distracted, Boris hits Brito with the chain and Slinker covers for the pin. 

TV Title Bout

Rick Martel (C) vs. Larry Zbyszko 

The match ends in a 10 minute draw. Larry spent half the time stalling on the outside drawing the ire of the fans. Larry's plan was to capitalize on Martel's frustration but once Larry got in the ring, Martel was all over him but rang out of time. I'm sure Larry will think he deserves a rematch. 

Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich and The Naturals vs. The Movement w/Sonny KIng

Wild 6 man tag that has the fans up and cheering. The Ref earned his money tonight as he had a lot to deal with. After 30 minutes of action, a pier six brawl breaks out and Adias hits a flying body press on Jones for the win! 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Grapplers (C) vs. "Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol 

Graham comes to the ring wearing his old mask (The one the Grapplers tore off his head on national TV) These teams go all out in a back and forth fight. Idol and Graham control with some heel double teaming but the Grapplers are no strangers to breaking rules and do the same. Grapplers take control as they double punch Graham through the ropes. On the outside, Graham takes something out of his trunks and puts it in his mask. Grappler 1 hoists Idol up in a bearhug and Grappler 2 comes off the middle ropes with a clothesline 1..2..Graham comes off the top ropes with a loaded mask headbutt on Grappler 2. Grappler 1 starts punching Graham into the corner. Idol barely is able to put his arm on top of Grappler 2. The Ref drops down and counts 1..2..3! 

NO WAY! 

Grappler 1 checks on his partner as Graham pulls Idol out of the ring. Graham takes off his mask as the foreign object drops to the ground. Ringside fans see it and scream at the Ref but to no avail. Graham holds his mask up with a smile then yanks the titles from the Ref. 

Troy Graham and Austin Idol are the new USWA Tag Team Champs! 

USWA @ The Civic Auditorium Knoxville TN 2-7-85

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

Highlights are shown from Clarksville as Troy Graham and Austin Idol defeat the Grapplers to become USWA tag team champs. Graham wore his old Dream Machine mask during the match. The finish saw Graham put a foreign object inside the mask and execute a diving headbutt on Grappler 2 to get the tainted win. 

Lance Russell: Hello again and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Big matches lined up tonight as the Coat of Arms take on The Legion. Killer Brooks faces Gypsy Joe. Ron Slinker versus Scott McGhee. Mike George takes on Tiger Chung Lee and in the main event Kerry Von Erich teams with the Naturals to take on The Movement accompanied by Sonny King. We'll be hearing from Sgt. Slaughter. We'll also hear from the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel as well as his upcoming challenger Carlos Colon. Fans let's get to the ring. 

The Goldmine vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Jerry Grey and Goldie Rogers formed the Goldmine under unusual circumstances. Both men were once managed by Johnny Valiant. Last week they wrestled to a televised draw. Valiant came out for a promo and berated both men and said he doesn't manage them anymore because they're losers. Grey and Rogers confronted Valiant. The Oates ran out and everybody was brawling. The Goldmine has scored recent house show wins over the Oates.

The Goldmine get a nice showcase tonight as they seem to be in sync. The match ends when Grey hits a backbreaker on Sean and holds him while Rogers comes off the middle ropes with a double stomp to the chest for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, joining me now are the new USWA tag team champs, Troy Graham and Austin Idol. 

Massive boos as Graham and Idol come out smiling and showing off their titles. Graham also holds up his Dream Machine mask. 

Idol: Lance, darling, don't we wear these titles oh so well! You're looking at the most charismatic and talented tag team in the universe baby! And these titles prove it.

Lance: Well there was some controversy as your partner here put something in that mask of his. 

Graham: Whoa slow down babay! I did no such thing. (Holds up his mask) That match was a retirement match for this legendary mask. I had to show those masked wannabe posers what a real masked man is capable of. This here mask will be put in my hall of fame shrine at home. Now, moving on to a new chapter. As the Universal Heartthrob told you, we are the best thing going in wrestling. No other team compares. I understand we have rematches coming up with those masked dopes. Fine with us, because were going to enjoy beating them up again. 

Boos as Graham and Idol hold up their titles before leaving. 

"Captain" Ron Slinker vs. Scott McGhee

slinker.jpg.25812a1ac1e9b8a3cd1815e525e0f883.jpgscott.jpg.3f6f76d87ca20d78f14a6aaf81d3dbd4.jpg

Lucky for Slinker, Sgt. Slaughter isn't here yet. McGhee however isn't so lucky as he's been in a feud with Tiger Chung Lee and Lee accompanies Slinker to the ring. 

McGhee is all over Slinker as he executes several hip tosses and follows with a dropkick that sends Slinker into the corner. McGhee charges and monkey flips Slinker over. Slinker staggers up and McGhee puts him down with a running forearm uppercut. McGhee swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..Lee gets on the apron and distracts the Ref. McGhee gets up and runs at Lee but Lee hops down. Slinker slowly gets up but McGhee turns around and picks him up for a body slam. As McGhee twirls Slinker around, Slinker's boot hits the Ref. The Ref goes down as McGhee slams Slinker. McGhee hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop. Lee runs in with his kendo stick and whacks McGhee on his back. Lee helps the Ref up before rolling back out of the ring. Slinker slowly rises. Slinker picks up McGhee and puts him down with a karate kick 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match- Ron Slinker 

After the match, Slinker cuts a promo and says he hopes Slaughter was watching because he's going to get a lot worse! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Joining me now is Carl Fergie.

Fergie: Look here nerd, this is the last time I'm going to tell you. The name is "Cool" Carl Fergie! But not even a nerd like you is going to spoil my big announcement. Right now I'm on top of the world as I've guided Matt Borne and Gary Young to the Central States tag titles. Bad Attitude is ready to knock down all comers brother and you'll see them in action next week. Now, what I want is to lead a man to singles success. And boy have I hit the jackpot. Without further adieu, let me introduce to you, the Memphis Mafia Man, Johnny Rich! 

Lance: Oh come on. 

Johnny Rich comes out wearing a suit. 

rich.jpg.01e6644ef20f5e33a3772ec1d8b14739.jpg

Lance: I know your having some issues with Wendell Cooley but I didn't think it would lead to this. 

Rich: Since you brought it up, let me address that but first take a look at me. Don't I look good? Wendell Cooley was going to hold me back. I tried to give him a chance but he couldn't pull his weight. Mediocrity is the best we would achieve as a team. Cooley is mediocre and he's ok with that but I'm not! Cool Carl Fergie is the man that will take me higher than I've ever dreamed. Now I hear Cooley is looking for me. Boy, you best stay out of my way! 

Fergie: I'm telling you Johnny Rich has all the tools and I'm going to make sure nothing gets in his way! 

Lance: I just don't believe it. Fans to the ring. 

Killer Brooks vs. Gypsy Joe

Joe has made his rounds on the house shows and makes his TV debut tonight. Brooks has been causing trouble as Ron Slinker's henchman. 

The bell rings and before you know it these guys are involved in a slugfest. They fight through the ropes and end up fighting to a double c.o. The bell is ringing but the fists continue to fly into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break

Larry Zbyszko vs. Trent Watkins 

Larry dominates while also antagonizing the fans. Larry finishes off Trent with a swinging neckbreaker for the pin. 

Boos as Larry heads to the podium. 

Larry: Listen up Spudheads, I'm a living legend therefore I need a title. Who better to represent the USA Network on television than yours truly. This means I have to beat that underachieving TV champ Rick Martel. Martel, the last time we crossed paths, you stalled and ducked me until the time limit expired. You're gutless and it's time you faced me like a man! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, I want to bring out the Central States champ Kerry Von Erich. Kerry, we'll be seeing you later on in the main event. I wanted to get your thoughts on Hercules Ayala. Ayala is the number one contender to your title and you'll be facing him in the near future. 

Kerry: Lance, right now I'm focused on my 6 man match later tonight. As you know I've been having issues with the Movement and tonight the Naturals and myself are looking to end those issues. I've said this a million times, I want to be a fighting champ and I'm looking forward to defending this title against Ayala. 

Lance: Ok, a very focused Kerry Von Erich. Let's get to the ring. 

Tiger Chung Lee vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

chung.png.5538d43e040ceb8abafae7916b0ee4b2.pngMike.jpg.62eca3fd399acbcc92b2cd83cc982258.jpg

Ron Slinker accompanies Lee to the ring but the Ref sends him to the back. Slinker throws a fit but Lee gives a devious smile and says it's ok. Slinker takes Lee's kendo stick and sets it on the ground outside the ring. 

Lee attacks at the bell and works over George with thrusts and kicks. Lee chokes George on the ropes. Lee swings George to the ropes and goes for a backdrop but George kicks him. The fans cheer as George punches away on Lee then scoop slams him. George follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. George picks up Lee and vertical suplexes him back. 

Boos as Slinker comes back out. Slinker distracts the Ref. The Ref is telling Slinker to get to the back. Lee staggers up and hits George with a lowblow. Cheers as Scott McGhee storms out, picks up Lee's kendo stick, hits the ring and blasts Lee's back! McGhee runs out as George cradles Lee. The Ref turns around and runs over 1..2..3! 

Slinker runs in but George rolls out. The fans cheer as Slinker throws a fit. 

winner of the match- Mike George

Commercial Break 

Rolling Thunder vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney 

Pure squash as Rolling Thunder just destroy their opponents. The end comes when Shaw executes a running powerslam on Rooney then tags in DJ. DJ runs over and knocks Williams off the apron. DJ climbs to the top rope. Shaw picks up Rooney by his hair and holds him as DJ nails him with a flying shoulder block for the pin! 

DJ and Shaw cut a promo and say the Super Samoans have blown their chance for the titles and they should be next in line. And if the Samoans have a problem with that then they can try and do something about it! 

Commercial Break 

Footage is shown from last week as Mr. Electricity Steve Regal attacks Bruce Hart from behind and suplexes him on the concrete.

Lance: I would like to bring in Bruce Hart. Bruce, we were all looking forward to your debut and that was ruined by Steve Regal. 

hart.jpg.af77fe0673024db1cff7fcb8f9237551.jpg

Bruce: Lance, I was really looking forward to debuting here in the USWA. I hear the competition is fierce here and that's why I'm here. Well it appears Steve Regal has a problem with me. Regal, I'm in the USWA and I'm not going anywhere. You and I will cross paths and you better be ready for the wrestling lesson of your life! 

Lance: Bruce Hart makes his long awaited debut next week. Let's go to the ring for a big tag match. 

Coat of Arms vs. The Legion w/Ron Slinker 

This feud has been building and reached a boiling point when Zhukov interfered with a chain to help Slinker and Brooks get a win over the Coat of Arms at a recent house show. Before the bell even rings, Brito and Baron are fighting while DellaSerra and Zhukov are exchanging fists. Slinker motions for the back. Lee and Brooks come out and jump DellaSerra and Brito. Cheers as McGhee, Mike George and Gypsy Joe run out. It's chaos as everybody is fighting! During the chaos, Slinker rolled out of the ring and grabbed Zhukov's chain. 

The fans come unglued as SGT. SLAUGHTER storms out and nails Slinker from behind! Slaughter grabs Slinker and clamps on the cobra clutch! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my that was quite the fight. Ron Slinker had to be helped out of here. Here comes Sgt. Slaughter. 

Slaughter: Slinker you maggot, it's only a matter of time before I get you one on one. I took care of Baron last week and this weekend Boris Zhukov is next, after him it's just you and me Slinker. Get your affairs in order! 

Lance: Ominous words from Sgt. Slaughter. Fans, I want to bring in the man who'll be facing Nick Bockwinkel for the USWA title at the Hemisfair Arena on February 15th, Carlos Colon. 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Colon: Thank you Lance, I've worked very hard to get to this point and I'm going to make the most of this golden opportunity. Nick....

Boos as Nick Bockwinkel strolls out. 

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Bock: Just a minute Mr. Colon, you will have your time but I want to make something absolutely clear. There is no way you're going to outwrestle me for this title. No doubt about it, your a solid competitor but nowhere near the level of a true champion like myself. You just don't have enough intestinal fortitude to get the job done. Your going to find out the hard way what a true champ like myself is all about. Good day. 

Bock arrogantly walks off. 

Colon: Nick Bockwinkel is in for a big surprise. Rest assured I'm ready and brother I plan on taking that title away. 

Lance: I for one am looking forward to that tremendous match up. Fans, before we get to our main event, I'm thrilled to announce that Jerry "The KIng" Lawler will return to TV next week. As I announced last week, the first match signed for the big Scores to Settle card on March 14th will be Lawler versus Adrian Adonis. Looking forward to the return of the King next week. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich and The Naturals vs. The Movement w/Sonny KIng 

Action packed match as both sides go all out. Wells takes Jones down with a flying headscissors then tags in Adias. Jones staggers up and Adias nails him with a flying press from the top rope 1..2..Whatley and Conway run in to break it which brings in Wells and Kerry. While the Ref is getting control, Whatley nails Adias from behind. The Movement work over Adias and King gets in some cheap shots. Adias finally makes the hot tag to Kerry! Kerry cleans house. Kerry presses Conway over his head and slams him down. Whatley and Jones run in but Adias and Wells are quick and the fight is on! King runs around the ring and distracts the Ref. Whatley and Wells fight through the ropes. Adias and Jones wrestle over the top rope.

HERCULES AYALA runs in and blasts Kerry with a running clothesline! Ayala picks up Kerry and powerslams him over then sets Conway on top of him. Ayala rolls out of the ring while King yells at the Ref to turn around. The Ref turns around and makes the count 1..2..3! 

Ayala storms back in the ring, picks Kerry up and clamps on the bearhug! 

King grabs a chair and nails Wells from behind! King does the same to Adias! 

Whatley picks up Wells and rams him into the steel post! 

Jones body slams Adias on the concrete! 

Ayala throws Kerry down to the mat. 

The show ends as Ayala stands tall with The Movement in the center of the ring. 

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Hemisfair Arena Card 2-15-85

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout 

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. Carlos Colon 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

"Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. The Grapplers 

Texas State Title Bout 

Tully Blanchard (C) w/Baby Doll vs. Mr. Olympia 

Central States Title Bout 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Hercules Ayala 

Scores to Settle Closed Circuit Event 3-14-85 

. Market Square Arena, Indianapolis IN

Grudge Match 

Jerry "The KIng" Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis 

I enjoyed the recap of how Valiant tossed away the Goldmine and the attack by the Oates.  Between all of us and our angles, I admit that sometimes I forget things.  That recap was very helpful!

Soon people will beware of Asian men carrying kendo sticks... Too bad that time has not come for McGhee... or has it.... Nice revenge a few segments later.  

I like Johnny as the Memphis Mafia Man... kind of like Wildfire in ECW.  I think Johnny could have used more heel time in real life in order to get over.  Heel turns or babyface turns do so much for a career.

Great appearance by SARGE!!  That moves him even higher up the pecking order!

A few times in NY, WWC from Puerto Rico was on and Colon was like a GOD!  If he puts down Bock, his stock is going to be on the rinse here in the states also.

The Main Event has really pushed that card in the HemisFair Arena.  Looking forward to Kerry vs Ayala.  Hercules is another of those guys I knew little about but through this game... he has become HUGE!  That is what makes this fun to read and write!  Great Job!

USWA @ The Freedom Hall Civic Center, Johnson City TN 2-8-85

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. "Bronco" Bruce Hart

Hot match to open the show but things get crazy when Mr. Electricity Steve Regal runs out and attacks Hart. Rich and Fergie are about to join in but Wendell Cooley sprints into the ring and knocks Rich through the ropes. Fergie gets Rich out of there quick and Regal soon follows. Hart gets the DQ win. 

Rolling Thunder vs. The Super Samoans

Rolling Thunder called out the Samoans and the Samoans accepted. Both teams are in title contention and want the win bad. Very hard hitting match up that ends when Tui goes for a Thesz Press on DJ but DJ holds him as they fall back which allows Shaw (from the apron) to grab Tui's head and drop it on the top rope. DJ lands on top for the pin. 

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Valiant is booked elsewhere tonight but it doesn't matter because before the match even starts, Johnny Rich nails Cooley from behind on the aisle. Regal isn't safe because Bruce Hart hits the ring and fists are flying! All four men give the fans a good fight before Security breaks things up. 

TV Title Bout 

Larry has had some words for Martel and in his mind he thinks Martel has been dodging and stalling during matches so the time will run out. As soon as the bell rings, Larry bolts out of the ring and once again infuriates the fans with his stalling game. Martel finally has enough and goes out after him. During the match, Larry gets his moments (and stalls). Martel controls most of the match but unfortunately the 10 minute time limit expires once again. 

Bad Attitude w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie vs. The Coat of Arms

Solid 15 minute match as Brito and DellaSerra give the champs a run for their money. In the end, Fergie distracts DellaSerra long enough for Borne and Young to execute a double rib breaker on Brito to retain the titles. 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Boris Zhukov 

Zhukov brings his chain to the match but that proves to be a big mistake. After a Ref bump, Zhukov tried to use the chain but Slaughter kicked him and followed with a clothesline. Slaughter grabbed the chain. As Zhukov staggered up, Slaughter blasted him with it! The Ref crawled over to make the 3 count. The fans chant USA as Slaughter grabbed the house mic and told the fans that Ron Slinker is next! Good thing Slinker is booked elsewhere tonight. 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Tiger Conway Jr. 

Kerry's ribs are bandaged after what Hercules Ayala did to him on TV. Conway got the pin on Kerry during that 6 man TV match. Kerry is beyond angry tonight as he just tears into Conway. Conway breaks the rules to give Kerry some trouble but Kerry is a man possessed. Kerry Military Press Slams Conway then swings him hard into the turnbuckles, Conway staggers right into a discuss punch that puts him down for the 1..2..3! 

USWA Title Bout 

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

Interesting back story here. This was originally a non title match but when Bock found out that he wouldn't be wrestling last he demanded this be a title bout because nobody main events a card but the true champion. 

George makes the most of this opportunity and gives Bock quite a match and quite the scare. The fans really got into George and thought he would pull it off. However, this is Nick Bockwinkel and the man is resilient. Bock comes back and wins the match with a piledriver! Fans boo as Bock arrogantly holds his title high. 

USWA @ The Sam Houston Coliseum Houston TX 2-9-85

Hercules Ayala w/Sonny KIng vs. Sam Smith

Ayala has aligned himself with Sonny King and The Movement. The match is a total squash as Ayala finishes Smith off with a bear hug ram into to turnbuckles followed by a belly to belly suplex! 

Scott McGhee and Gypsy Joe vs. Tiger Chung Lee and Ron Slinker w/Killer Brooks 

Pretty wild match all the way through. Brooks tries to get involved but Gypsy Joe tackles him through the ropes and unloads on him with punches but this leaves McGhee in the ring alone. Lee nails McGhee with a thrust hit and Slinker follows with a karate kick to get the win. 

Brian Adias vs. Shaska Whatley w/Sonny King 

The Naturals and Movement have had some heated matches and tonight one half of those teams have a good fight. Whatley controls for awhile but Adias makes a hot comeback. Adias goes for a pin close to the ropes which allows KIng to grab Adias by his hair to break the count. Adias is at the ropes yelling at King. Whatley sneaks from behind but Adias turns around and quickly hot shots Whatley on the top rope 1..2..3! 

The Goldmine vs. Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant 

Last time the Goldmine got the win but tonight Valiant is in the Oates corner and of course that decides the outcome as Valiant trips Grey and Grey stumbles into a double clothesline by the Oates. Oates get the win tonight but the Goldmine aren't through with them yet. 

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. Baron Von Raschke

Fleming gives Baron a headache as he outwrestles him. The tide turns when Ron Slinker comes out to support his comrade. This distraction allows Baron to take control and punish Fleming. Baron swings Fleming into the turnbuckles. Slinker applauds Baron as Baron smiles at him and raises his arms. Baron charges in but Fleming sunset flips over him 1..2..3! Big Upset! Baron gets up and puts the boots to Fleming as Slinker joins in. Baron then clamps on the claw! The fans boo until Scott McGhee and Gypsy Joe run down to stop this. 

George Wells vs. Adrian Adonis

Wells has Adonis bumping as he dropkicks, hip tosses and clotheslines him all over the place. Wells swings Adonis into the corner and charges in with a shoulder ram but Adonis moves and Wells goes through the ropes and hits the post shoulder first. Adonis grabs Wells and puts him down with the DDT for the win! 

Carlos Colon vs. Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny KIng 

Jones gets in his slams and headbutts but Colon comes back with a vengeance. Colon back drops Jones and follows with a jumping fist drop. Colon climbs to the top rope, sends King a warning and finishes Jones off with a diving clothesline for the win. King looks at Jones lying in the ring and simply walks away. 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

"Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. The Grapplers 

Big rematch! The Grapplers are all over the champs and they don't mind bending the rules. Grappler 1 hoists Graham up and Grappler 2 nails him with a clothesline from the middle ropes but Idol runs in the ring with one of the title belts and blatantly hits Grappler 2 over the head to get DQed! Grappler 1 goes towards Idol but Idol wallops him with the belt. The fans are in riot mode as Idol and Graham head up the aisle with their titles. BOOOOOOO. 

Texas State Title Bout 

A lot of hatred as developed between these two and brother it shows as these guys go all out. Both men are bleeding. The Ref catches Baby Doll trying to interfere and after all the managers involvement tonight, the Ref has enough and sends Baby Doll to the back. That gets a huge pop. The match continues to go back and forth. Olympia makes a fiery comeback and the fans roar when he clamps the Sleeper on Tully! The bell rings and the place comes unglued. Olympia is celebrating but oh no. The time limit had expired! The fans and Olympia are disappointed. Olympia grabs the title from the Ref and lays it across Tully's chest as Tully is still out. 

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 2-14-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Tonight's main event will be a 6 man tag match as The Legion and Killer Brooks will take on the Coat of Arms and Sgt. Slaughter! Another big tag match as The Super Samoans take on Rolling Thunder. Also in action will be Adrian Adonis. And Jerry "The KIng" Lawler returns! Before we get to our first match I want to bring out the Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard along with Baby Doll. 

Boos as Tully and Baby Doll walk out. Tully has an arrogant smirk on his face. 

Lance: Last week in Houston it looked like Mr. Olympia had the title won but the time limit expired. 

Tully: Let me stop you right there! It doesn't matter what it looked like, I'm the one out here with the title. That masked coward had his chance and failed miserably. But it looks like Lawler isn't the only golden boy around here because that masked idiot gets yet another title shot this weekend at the Hemisfair Arena. This makes me sick. Olympia! You don't stand a chance boy! You're nothing but a weak man and inferior wrestler....

Cheers as Olympia comes out! 

Olympia: Enough talking! Let's not wait until Hemisfair. Let's do it right now! 

Olympia gets in the ring. Baby Doll goes to the ring and is berating Olympia. Tully takes off his jacket and sneaks around while Baby Doll is distracting Olympia. Tully gets in the ring and charges with his title but Olympia turns around and kicks Tully then starts pounding away on him as the title goes flying. Olympia swings Tully to the ropes and clotheslines him. Tully bumps then rolls out of the ring as Baby Doll helps him to the back. 

The fans roar as Olympia picks up the Texas title and holds it high. 

Commercial Break 

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. Todd Rooney 

hart.jpg.af77fe0673024db1cff7fcb8f9237551.jpg

Hart finally makes his televised debut. Hart looks impressive as he back drops Rooney and follows with a scoop slam. Hart executes a backbreaker then applies the camel clutch to get the submission win. 

Hart cuts a promo and says he's going to finish what Steve Regal and Johnny Valiant started. 

Commercial Break 

Lance reminds the fans of the big card at the Hemisfair Arena and says the main event will be the long awaited USWA title bout between Nick Bockwinkel and Carlos Colon. He also says the USWA tag champs Troy Graham and Austin Idol will defend the titles against the Grapplers. Lance brings out the Grapplers. 

Grapplers say Graham and Idol are afraid and that's why they intentionally got themselves DQed in their last match. Grapplers say they're going to win back those titles by any means necessary! 

Grapplers vs. Trent Watkins and Gary Riser 

grapplers.jpg.408acf3d2d13235c4aedaf324fca1294.jpg

Total squash that ends when Grappler 1 hoists Watkins up and Grappler 2 hits a diving clothesline from the middle ropes for the easy pin. 

Commercial Break 

les.jpg.0a23e8ec29398a19b807c6fa6cf3b761.jpg

Another vignette from Les Thornton strolling around and saying it's only a matter of weeks before he brings the greatest wrestler in the world to the USWA. He's talking about Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair. 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpg

Lance: Tony St. Clair from the United Kingdom will make his debut against The Technician Mark Fleming at our Scores to Settle closed circuit event on March 15th. Speaking of the Scores to Settle event. Another match has been added as Sgt. Slaughter will take on Ron Slinker in a boot camp match. Wow! What a night that will be. Back to the ring. 

Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny KIng  vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George

King has recently shown some frustration with Jones but he's in his corner tonight. 

Jones attacks at the bell and goes to work. Jones swings George to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Jones follows with a diving headbutt 1..2..Kick Out. Jones stomps away on George and looks over at King. KIng approves and nods. Jones body slams George then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a headbutt but George moves. George fires up, swings Jones to the ropes and back drops him. George follows with a vertical suplex. KIng gets on the apron and yells at George. George walks over. Jones staggers up and heads towards George but George turns around and hammers away on Jones then slams him into the turnbuckles shoulder first. George scoops up Jones and hits a shoulder breaker 1..2..3! 

George enjoys the cheers as King looks at Jones, shakes his head and walks away. 

Commercial Break 

Central States Tag Team Champs Bad Attitude w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Sam and Sean Smith 

borne.jpg.16708151535d55004ea86c17c88f5187.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Fergie loves what he sees as the champs take apart their opponents before finishing Sam off with a double rib breaker! 

Boos as Fergie leads his team to the podium. 

Fergie: Don't say anything nerd. That was a message sent by Matt Borne and Gary Young. Any team that thinks they deserve a title shot better think twice! 

Borne: That's right! There aint a team bad enough that can take us. 

Young: But if they want to try then bring it on boys! 

Fergie: Man, I love these guys. Now, later on you will see Johnny Rich in action and I have made sure that hellion Wendell Cooley has been banned from the building tonight. A class act like Johnny Rich doesn't need to be distracted by a loose cannon. I'm only thinking of our safety. 

Lance: (rolls his eyes) We'll be right back 

Commercial Break 

"Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant vs. Gary Williams 

regal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpgvaliant.jpg.25af71e4ed21a3d415670eacbbc6f806.jpg

Regal swings Williams to the ropes and hits a high jumping knee. Regal scoops up Williams and executes a Northern Lights Suplex for the 1..2..3! 

Regal and Valiant cut a promo and warn Bruce Hart this is only the beginning of his troubles. 

Valiant and Regal exit as Sonny KIng comes out with Hercules Ayala. 

Lance: Well it appears that Hercules Ayala has joined forces with The Movement. Your Movement has been coming up short against the Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich. 

King: You shut your mouth! Did you see what happened last week? Did you see Hercules Ayala throw Von Erich around like a rag doll? Young Von Erich your days as champion are over. Ayala is the number one contender and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Ayala has been overlooked time and time again but now that I'm with him that all stops! This weekend that punk can kiss his Central States title goodbye! And Naturals, don't think the Movement has forgotten about you. 

Lance: I want to ask about your recent behavior towards Roosevelt Jones.

King: Jones hasn't been pulling his weight recently and if that keeps up he will need to find employment elsewhere. Get what I'm saying? 

Commercial Break 

The bell rings and all four men are brawling. The Ref tries to get order but eventually throws the match out. It doesn't matter because the teams keep fighting and brawl all over the place! 

Commercial Break 

Pre recorded promos by Nick Bockwinkel and Carlos Colon as they get ready for their big title match at the Hemisfair Arena this weekend. 

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Pete Sampson 

Rich gets a lot of heat tonight as he works over his opponent while yelling insults at the fans. Fergie also chimes in as the fans really give it to them. Rich wins the match with a flying elbow from the top rope! 

Rich cuts a promo and says Wendell Cooley is nothing but an underachiever who wont amount to anything in this business. 

Commercial Break 

Adrian Adonis vs. Vic Dutro 

adonis.jpg.44984636a353e9597a657418e408a2b1.jpg

Adonis viciously works Dutro over with kicks, stomps, choking and punches. Adonis hits the DDT for the pin. Adonis isn't finished as he picks Dutro up and hits another DDT! The fans boo as Adonis picks up Dutro and clamps on the sleeper! The Ref is yelling and warning Adonis but Adonis continues to wrench away. 

The fans erupt as Jerry Lawler hits the ring!!! 

Lawler grabs Adonis by his hair and yanks him off Dutro. Lawler just pounds away on Adonis! Lawler winds up and sends Adonis over the top rope with a punch! Adonis bumps around on the ground before crawling out of there. The fans are on their feet cheering as Lawler checks on Dutro. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, that poor kid Vic Dutro was taken out by medics. I'm glad Lawler was here before things got worse. Jerry, come on over. 

The fans are still cheering. 

Lawler: Lance, it's great to be back! What we just saw was absolutely deplorable! That kid is just trying to make it and that scumbag Adonis tried to severely injure him. Adonis! You and I have a date with destiny at Scores to Settle and brother I have a score to settle with you! It's not going to be a fight it's going to be a massacre! I'm going to beat you and beat you and then beat you up some more. I cant wait! Get ready because the King is back! 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Lance: Ok, the King is back in town! Our big main event when we come back.

Commercial Break 

Sgt. Slaughter and The Coat of Arms vs. The Legion and Killer Brooks w/ "Captain" Ron Slinker 

Slinker cut a pre match promo and said Slaughter isn't going to make it to their boot camp match at Scores to Settle. 

Slaughter, Brito and DellaSerra are in sync as they come out with guns blaring. Coat of Arms swing Brooks to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Slaughter follows with a knee drop 1..2..Legion run in and a pier six brawl starts. Brito dropkicks Zhukov through the ropes as DellaSerra clotheslines Baron over the top rope. Slinker jumps on the apron and Slaughter knocks him off. The Ref gets order. 

Slaughter and The Coat of Arms continue to dominate. Slinker hops on the apron and is distracting the Ref as another pier six brawl happens. Slaughter runs around the ring and yanks Slinker off the apron. Slaughter punches away on Slinker. Inside the ring DellaSerra hits a back suplex on Baron but the Ref is distracted by Slaughter and Slinker on the outside. 

Killer Brooks reaches in his tights and pulls out a foreign object and nails Brito then drops a loaded fist drop on DellaSerra! 

Baron and Zhukov double suplex DellaSerra. The Ref finally turns around and counts 1..2..3! 

The Legion and Brooks continue to stomp away on Brito and DellaSerra. Slaughter sees this and storms the ring with fists flying but the numbers game is to much and Slaughter takes a beating. Slinker staggers into the ring with a chair. The Legion pull Slaughter up. Slinker blasts Slaughter over the head with the chair! Slaughter is busted open. 

The fans cheer as Gypsy Joe and Scott McGhee hit the ring with chairs! Slinker and his crew quickly exit but the damage has been done. 

slinker.jpg.25812a1ac1e9b8a3cd1815e525e0f883.jpg

This weekend at the Hemisfair Arena 

USWA Title Bout 

USWA Tag Title Bout

Troy Graham and Austin Idol (C) vs. The Grapplers 

Texas State Title Bout 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Hercules Ayala w/Sonny KIng 

Scores to Settle Closed Circuit Event 3-15-85 

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis IN

Jerry "The King' Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis 

Boot Camp Match 

Sgt. Slaughter vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker 

USWA @ The Hemisfair Arena, San Antonio TX 2-15-85

Scott McGhee vs. Tiger Chung Lee 

This feud is still raging and this match defiantly gets the crowd warmed up. After an intense few minutes, McGhee gets a quick pin via a small package. After the match, as McGhee was heading back up the aisle, Lee nailed him from behind with his kendo stick. Lee gave McGhee several hits before leaving. 

Winner of the match- Scott McGhee 

Coat of Arms vs. The Legion 

These teams have been tearing it up recently and tonight is no different. It's a solid and hard hitting match. A pier six brawl breaks out and as the Ref is guiding DellaSerra back to his corner, Baron sends DellaSerra through the ropes with a knee to the back. Zhukov blasts Brito with a clothesline from behind then Baron finishes him off with the claw!

Winners of the match- The Legion

"Captain" Ron Slinker vs. Roosevelt Jones w/Sonny KIng  

Interesting match between two heels. King has been fed up with Jones recent losses but decided to give him another chance tonight. Slinker gets massive heat stemming from busting Sgt. Slaughter open with a chair shot on TV. 

Jones seems rejuvenated tonight as he really takes the fight to Slinker. As this is going on, Slinker's army (Lee and The Legion) comes to ringside. Jones hammers away on Slinker and swings off the ropes but Lee trips him from the outside, Jones stumbles right into a karate kick to the face and Slinker gets the 1..2..3! Slinker isn't satisfied and puts the boots to Jones. Sonny King looks at all the men and puts up his hands and motions for them to do what they want. The fans boo as King leaves Jones in the ring. Slinker and his men really put a beating on Jones until the Coat of Arms run in to stop it. 

Winner of the match- Ron Slinker 

Texas State Title Bout 

In their last encounter, Olympia looked to have the match won but the time limit expired. On TV they had a heated impromptu fight in which Baby Doll ended up having to help Tully to the back. 

Even though this is Tully's town, he gets a lot of heat. Once again these guys put on a show. They go back and forth in an intense match. At the 20 minute mark, Olympia is going to town and locks on the sleeper. Tully is frantically waving his arms and hits the Ref. The Ref goes down. Olympia has that sleeper locked on and Tully is just about out when WHAM! Baby Doll nails Olympia with a loaded purse! Baby Doll puts Tully on top of Olympia then drags the Ref over. The Ref slowly counts 1..2..3! 

Once again, Baby Doll has to help Tully out of there.

Winner of the Match and still Texas State Champion- Tully Blanchard 

Kerry Von Erich vs. Hercules Ayala w/Sonny KIng 

Of course King gets big time heat from that heartless act earlier. Those boos turn into a thunderous roar when Kerry comes down the aisle. Recently on TV, Ayala aligned himself with King then proceeded to put a beating on Kerry. 

Kerry has the fans up and cheering as he's all over Ayala during the opening minutes. Ayala comes back and unloads a series of power moves on Kerry. Kerry fights back and eventually the fight goes to the outside. Ayala gets momentum thanks to a cheap shot by KIng. Ayala hurls Kerry back into the ring and proceeds to take him apart. Ayala swings Kerry to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Kerry hits a sunset flip 1..2..3! The place goes crazy! 

WHAM! Ayala clotheslines Kerry from behind! Ayala puts the boots to Kerry then hurls him outside the ring. KIng gets in a few kicks. Ayala picks up Kerry and rams him headfirst into the steel post, busting him open. Ayala picks up Kerry and clamps on his bearhug then rams Kerry several times into the steel post before hitting a belly to belly suplex on the concrete. These Texas fans are in riot mode. Security comes out. Fans throw garbage at Ayala and King as they head up the aisle.

Winner of the match and still Central States Champion- Kerry Von Erich  

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Grapplers are on fire tonight as they take it to the champs. Idol and Graham get in their moments but the Grapplers are on their A game. The Grapplers double clothesline Idol over the top rope then do the same to Graham. After regrouping, the champs grab their titles and just walk out. The fans boo as the Ref has no choice but to count them out. 

Winners by CO- The Grapplers

However still the USWA tag team champs- Troy Graham and Austin Idol. BOOOOOOOOO! 

This is the big one the fans have been waiting for and man do these guys deliver. The first 10 minutes they match each other hold for hold. Bock takes control and works Colon over for a few minutes, executing a variety of suplexes. Colon fights back and takes it to Bock. Colon slams Bock, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop but cant put Bock away. At the 45 minute mark, Bock is really working Colon's leg. Bock then applies the figure four! The fans are cheering Colon on as he refuses to submit. Bock puts the pressure on but Colon is able to reach the ropes. 

A frustrated Bock swings Colon into the corner and charges in but Colon raises his knee and Bock's head crashes right into it. After regrouping, Colon takes over and now he works the leg of Bock. The fans come unglued as Colon clamps on the figure four! Colon is wrenching away and Bock is screaming in agony. 

Ding! Ding! Ding! 

The time limit expires! 

The Ref tells Colon to break it and informs him of the time. Colon releases and lays back in disappointment. Bock is still laid out as the Ref sets the title on him. 

Official ruling- A 60 minute time limit draw

Nick Bockwinkel is still the USWA Champion

I'm having fun catching up on USWA.....I've always enjoyed Johnny V and you've captured him well during his tenure with your promotions.

The Grapplers have long been a favorite team of mine and I'm enjoying their feud with Idol and Graham for the titles.

Kerry gets a big win over Ayala but Herc keeps his heat after the match....good. stuff

Looking forward to Lawler vs. Adonis!

Awesome job of using tv to sell tickets at the big events!

Fun heel vs heel match with Roosevelt and Slinker... looks like a turn to the good side for Roosevelt

Tully and Baby Doll is proving to be a tough duo to get past!

Kerry gets a nice win but it looks like there is more to this feud!  

Like how you captured the fans boooooing when they didn't know the title didn't change hands with the CO

Nice showing for Colon as he takes Bock to the limit.  This will help him to get to over in a market that he isn't as well known... Good Job

USWA @ The Eblen Center, Cookeville TN 2-16-85

The Movement vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Pure squash just to get the fans going. The Movement do a great job of getting massive heat. Whatley and Conway execute a double Russian Legsweep to get the easy win.

Winners of the Match- The Movement  

"Timekeeper" Mike George vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming 

Solid opener between two fan favorites. Both men display their vast wrestling arsenal in this seesaw match. They have a good segment of chain wrestling before the 10 minute time limit expires. The fans cheer as both men shake hands. 

Official Ruling- A 10 minute draw

Another hard hitting match up between two very hard hitting teams. In a wild finish, Shaw goes to clothesline Sakalia but Tui pulls the rope down and Shaw tumbles over. The Samoans nail DJ with a double superkick to get the pin! 

Winners of the Match- The Super Samoans

Killer Brooks vs. Gypsy Joe

This is nothing but a 7 minute bloody brawl as these guys just beat the hell out of each other. They end up colliding heads and Gypsy Joe just happens to fall on top to get the pin.

Winner of the match- Gypsy Joe

The Goldmine and "Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. Oates Outstanding and "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant  

Lot's of heat in this match. The Goldmine and Oates have been battling on the house show loops while Hart has a score to settle with Regal since that attack on TV. 

Fun and fast paced match. Regal manages to avoid Hart for most of the match. A pier six brawl breaks out and Hart finally manages to unload on Regal. The Ref is tangled up with them which allows Valiant to sneak in the ring and nail Grey with a loaded towel. Ted Oates covers as Jerry tackles Rogers. The Ref turns around and runs over 1..2..3! 

Winners of the match- Oates Outstanding and Steve Regal 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie

This one's been brewing and tonight they finally go one on one. 

The match is a barn burner. Cooley is on fire as he takes it to Rich during the opening moments, even drawing blood early. A distraction from Fergie allows Rich to take control. Rich comes back with a vengeance and manages to bust Cooley open. Rich goes for his flying elbow off the top rope but Cooley moves. It's all Cooley as he unleashes on Rich. Fergie jumps on the apron but Cooley grabs him, winds up and punches him off the apron. Rich gets up and they end up fighting through the ropes. The Ref hits the 10 count as both men are brawling all over the outside. They brawl for another couple minutes before Rich and Fergie take off. 

Official Ruling- A Double CO 

Bad Attitude (C) vs. The Naturals

It appears Carl Fergie is still shaken up because he's not out here with his champs.

Wells and Adias are hitting their stride as a team and it shows tonight as they're really gelling well. On the flip side, Borne and Young are rolling as champs and show off some solid teamwork as well. The Naturals take control at the 15 minute mark as Wells puts Young down with a tackle off the ropes. Borne runs in as does Adias but the Ref gets sandwiched and goes down. The Naturals double dropkick Borne through the ropes. Wells swings Young to the ropes and Adias hits a crossbody block. Adias is on top for a few seconds but the Ref is still out. 

Boos as The Movement storm the ring and nail Wells with a double clothesline. They pick up Adias and hit a Double Russian Legsweep. The fans boo as they leave. Young rolls over on top of Adias as the Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the match and still Central States Tag Team Champs- Bad Attitude 

Jerry "The King" Lawler and TV Champ Rick Martel vs. Adrian Adonis and Larry Zbyszko

Last month, Adonis interfered and costed Lawler his USWA title match with Bockwinkel. Adonis also put Lawler out of action with a DDT on a chair. Lawler finally  returned to TV and Adonis felt his wrath. Martel has been defending his TV title on the loops against Zbyszko. Thanks to a lot of stalling and mind games by Zbyszko, the matches have ended in 10 minute draws. 

The match starts with fire as Lawler goes right after Adonis and hammers away. Larry tries to bail but Martel grabs him and goes to town. The Ref lets them go for a bit before finally getting control. After Adonis and Larry bump for a few minutes they manage to finally turn things around as Larry nails Martel with a knee to the back from the apron. Adonis clotheslines Martel down and tags in Larry. Larry relishes this and works Martel over. Larry executes a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Lawler runs in to break it. Adonis runs in but Lawler punches him back to the corner. Lawler punches Larry before going back to his corner. Martel eventually makes the hot tag just as Larry stumbles back and tags in Adonis. Adonis stays on the apron but Lawler grabs him by his hair and hurls him over the top rope. The fans go wild as Lawler unloads on Adonis. Lawler scoop slams Adonis, swings off the ropes and lands a jumping knee drop 1..2..Larry breaks it. Martel runs in and the fight is on! The Ref is lost in all the chaos. Lawler knocks Adonis out of the ring. Martel dropkicks Larry right into a back suplex by Lawler 1..2..3! 

Larry wasn't the legal man but the Ref lost control and counted him down. 

The fans are up and cheering! Lawler and Martel are standing tall. The King is back baby!  

Winners of the match- Jerry Lawler and Rick Martel 

Nice card for the Eblon Center.  I admit I had never heard of it but did a little research and saw that it holds almost 10,000. I bet they all left happy after Lawler comes through with the main event win.  I think Lawler vs Adonis could be EPIC.

I said it before but I am really liking Johnny Rich as a heel.  I think him and Cooley is a great feud!

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 2-21-85

Lance Russell: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Blockbuster main event tonight as the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel teams with Adrian Adonis and Larry Zbyszko to take on Carlos Colon, TV champ Rick Martel and the King Jerry Lawler! What a match that will be. Right now please welcome out the owner of the USWA Jerry Jarrett. Jerry, I know you have some big news regarding our big closed circuit event on March 14th in Indianapolis at the Market Square Arena, I'm talking about Scores to Settle. 

Jerry: Thank you Lance and yes I'm very excited about that event and here's why. So far signed is that big grudge match between Jerry Lawler and Adrian Adonis, also is the boot camp match between Sgt. Slaughter and Ron Slinker. You will also see Rick Martel defend the TV title against Larry Zbyszko and there will be no time limit. After what happened during their last encounter, Kerry Von Erich demanded another match with Hercules Ayala and he will put the Central States title on the line. Now, I have witnessed the USWA tag champs Troy Graham and Austin Idol continually get themselves DQed or counted out in their matches with the Grapplers, well the champs will defend their titles once again against the Grapplers, this time inside a steel cage! The other night at the Hemisfair Arena I witnessed a classic 60 minute draw between Nick Bockwinkel and Carlos Colon. So I've decided a rematch is in order and that will happen at Scores to Settle. 

Lance: How about that. Wow! Scores to Settle is certainly living up to it's name. Thank you Jerry, what a tremendous night of action that will be. Ok fans let's go to the ring. 

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. Todd Rooney

fleming.jpg.67abfb1cbef429450f2538c9cde29453.jpg 

It was announced that Tony St. Clair from the UK will make his debut at Scores to Settle taking on Mark Fleming. 

Fleming works over Rooney with some solid amateur wrestling before finishing him off with a gut wrench suplex followed by a rolling cradle. 

Fleming cuts a promo and says he was well trained by the great Lou Thesz and he's defiantly up for the task against St. Clair! 

Commercial Break 

The Movement w/Sonny King vs. Gary Williams and Raymond Cruz 

tones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpgking.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpg

King and the Movement draw some real heat as they work over their opponents as well as antagonize the fans. Whatley tags in Conway and they finish off Cruz with a double Russian Legsweep for the easy pin. The fans continue to boo as King leads them to the podium. They're also joined by Hercules Ayala. 

Footage is shown from the Hemisfair Arena as Ayala rams Kerry Von Erich into the steel post then belly to belly suplexes him on the concrete.

Lance: Just what was that all about? Kerry won that ma...

King: He won nothing! Did he look like a winner? No but Hercules Ayala sure did! You're a fool Kerry! You want another match? Fine by us because my man Ayala is going to give you a far worse beating than what you got in Texas and then he's taking your Central States title! I hope you're listening boy! 

There's a commotion as Roosevelt Jones walks out. 

Jones: Hey man I thought we were a unit, I thought we were family? Then why did you leave me at the hands of Slinker and his goons? Where I come from family don't do that.

King: It's real simple Jones. You're out of the Movement! It's been proven time and time again that you cant cut it so you're gone! Frankly you're just a loser and hopeless and I cant deal with you any longer. 

The fans go wild as Jones decks King!!! 

That might of been a big mistake because Ayala and the Movement are all over Jones. They beat him down. Whatley and Conway execute a double Russian Legsweep on the concrete then hold him up as Ayala just about decapitates him with a clothesline! 

Lance: He's had enough! 

Ayala picks up the lifeless Jones and Whatley and Conway are going to his another legsweep but The Naturals run out with chairs! Satisfied, King and The Movement exit while the Naturals signal for help. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Jones was stretchered out of here. He was in bad shape. Standing with me are the Naturals Brian Adias and George Wells. 

adias.jpg.f39f0f075c417a36da18c252f6afa4c7.jpgwells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpg

Wells: It's no secret Roosevelt Jones and I have had some bitter history and brutal matches but he didn't deserve that. Movement! We have some unfinished business. 

Adias: That's right, you costed us our Central States title match at the Eblen Center and now we're looking for some payback! You boys are great when the numbers are in your favor but next time we meet the numbers will be even. 

Wells: And you boys don't fare to well in an even fight. 

Lance: Tensions are at an all time high between the Naturals and Movement. Ok, back to the ring. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Vic Dutro

wendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpg

Cooley has the fans up and cheering as he takes Dutro down with a bulldog then picks him up and hits the Oklahoma Stampede for the pin! The fans keep cheering as Cooley heads to the podium. 

Cooley: Talking about Scores to Settle, well I have a score to settle with you Johnny Rich! 

Boos as Cool Carl Fergie strolls out.

fergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpg

Fergie: Relax and don't start any trouble, got it! For the safety of Johnny Rich, I told him to stay home tonight. You're nothing but an underachieving loose cannon. Johnny Rich deserves title matches and I will not lower him to the standards of something like you. 

Lance: Now hold on Carl.

Fergie: Damn it nerd! The name is "COOL" Carl Fergie! 

Lance: Ok, cool, I've been informed that your guy Johnny Rich will be wrestling Wendell Cooley at Scores to Settle. 

Fergie has a tantrum.

Fergie: You will be hearing from my lawyer! 

Lance rolls his eyes.

Cooley: (smiling) Rich! You're mine! 

Commercial Break 

"Captain" Ron Slinker vs. Neil Johnson 

slinker.jpg.25812a1ac1e9b8a3cd1815e525e0f883.jpg

Slinker breaks all the rules as he takes Johnson apart. Slinker finally puts him out of his misery with a karate kick to the head for the pin. Massive boos as Slinker goes to the podium. 

Footage is shown from last week as the Legion hold Sgt. Slaughter while Slinker blasts him over the head with a chair, busting him open. 

Lance: Oh yea keep smiling. You wont be smiling at Scores to Settle when you have to face Slaughter in a boot camp match.

Slinker: Oh I'm trembling. Slaughter you messed with the wrong guy and as you know I have friends in very dark places. There wont be anything left of Slaughter after our encounter and that's a very cold hearted fact. You saw what I'm capable of and that's only the beginning. (Laughs) This is going to be a lot of fun. 

Lance: He gives me the creeps. We'll be back. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Joining me now is the Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard along with Baby Doll. Well, thanks to Baby Doll, you were able to retain your title against Mr. Olympia in the Hemisfair Arena. 

Tully: I wont dignify that with a comment. Who's standing here with the title? Who? 

Lance: You are.

Tully: That's right. Jerry Jarrett gave that undeserving Olympia shot after shot but like always the man came up short. 

Cheers as Olympia walks out. 

Lance: Please gentleman we've had enough trouble for one night.

Olympia: I'm not here to cause trouble. I'll get right to the point. Everybody is talking about Scores to Settle and I have one with you Blanchard. I want one more title shot at Scores to Settle.

Tully: Whoa hold on. First of all, you don't deserve another shot and second I only defend this title in Texas, Scores to Settle is in Indiana you moron. 

Baby Doll whispers something in Tully's ear. Tully smiles and nods.

Tully: I'll tell you what. I'll gladly put the title on the line but if you don't win it which you wont then you have to leave the USWA. 

There's a pause.

Tully: Awwww what's the matter? Yea that's what I thought. You're gutless and you don't get a shot.

Olympia: It's a deal.

Olympia walks away and Tully has a bit of a worried look on his face. 

Lance: Ok, you heard it here, if Olympia fails to win the Texas Title at Scores to Settle, he must leave the USWA. 

Commercial Break 

USWA Tag Team Champs "Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. Sam and Sean Smith

The champs are aggressive tonight as they pound away on the Smith brothers. Graham swings off the ropes and drops an elbow on Sam then tags in Idol. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock to get the win. Graham runs over and clotheslines Sean through the ropes. The fans boo as the champs head to the podium. 

Graham: What the hell is going on around here! The Grapplers started this entire thing by unmasking me on national TV. So my partner and I finished it by taking these here titles from them fair and square babay! And now that corrupt Jerry Jarrett is putting us in a cage with them!

Idol: Take it easy darling, we've already proven we're the superior team. Do you really think those chumps have a chance? Now they cant run away like they always do.

Graham: (laughing) Yea you're right babay. Grapplers! I've had enough of you and not only are we going to whip you up in that cage but I want your masks! 

Idol: Now you're talking! Grapplers! The titles come home with us and so do your masks! 

Graham: We guarantee that! 

Lance: I don't know about that but we'll find out at Scores to Settle. Our big main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel, Adrian Adonis and Larry Zbyszko

vs. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler, Carlos Colon and TV Champ Rick Martel 

This one's a barnburner and the action is non stop. Lawler puts a beating on Adonis before he falls back and tags in Bock. Bock charges but gets hiptossed. Lawler tags in Colon. Colon swings Bock to the ropes and back drops him. Bock staggers up and Colon dropkicks him into the corner. Bock tags in Larry. Larry doesn't want to get in the ring but Colon quickly runs over and hurls him in the ring. Colon clamps on a headlock and takes Larry to the corner and tags in Martel. Martel swings Larry to the ropes and dropkicks him. Larry staggers up and Martel dropkicks him again. Larry staggers up and Martel scoop slams him down and tags in Lawler. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..Bock and Adonis break it. Colon and Martel run in and it's a pier six brawl! The Ref is getting control but Adonis manages to get a lowblow in on Lawler.

Larry rolls over and tags in Adonis. Adonis relishes the moment and angrily stomps down on Lawler. Adonis hoists Lawler up and hangs him upside down on the turnbuckles then kicks away. Colon and Martel enter but the Ref guides them back which allows Bock and Larry to come in and pound away on Lawler. Adonis pulls Lawler down then drops several knees and chokes Lawler with his boot. Bock sticks his boot out and Adonis slams Lawler's head on it then tags him in. Bock vertical suplexes Lawler 1..2..Colon breaks it. Bock tags in Larry. Larry and Bock swing Lawler to the ropes and double clothesline him down. Larry picks up Lawler and hits a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Martel breaks it. Bock and Adonis run in as does Colon. Another brawl! This time to Ref is guiding Bock and Adonis back which allows Colon and Martel to double slam Larry. 

Lawler rolls over and tags in Martel. Martel swings Larry into the turnbuckles and follows with a running clothesline. Martel slams Larry then goes out on the apron and flies back in with a sling shot splash 1..2..Bock and Adonis break it. Lawler and Colon run in and it's another brawl! It's chaos! Larry reaches in his tights and pulls out a foreign object. Martel goes back to him but Larry nails him with a loaded punch to the face. Larry covers, in the midst of all the fighting, the Ref jumps down and counts 1..2..3! 

The bell is ringing but Lawler and Adonis are still fighting while Colon clotheslines Bock over the top rope. 

Winners of the match- Nick Bockwinkel, Adrian Adonis and Larry Zbyszko 

Scores to Settle Closed Circuit Event

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis IN 3-14-85

USWA Tag Title Bout- STEEL CAGE!!!

Grudge Match

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis  

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Hercules Ayala w/Sonny King

Texas State Title Bout- If Olympia losses he must leave USWA

TV Title Bout- NO Time Limit 

Boot Camp Match

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie 

The Movement w/Sonny King vs. The Naturals

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming 

Bad Attitude (C) w/ "Cool" Carl Fergie vs. The Goldmine or Oates Outstanding 

Enjoy how you are always building to the next big show...Scores to Settle will be must see TV.  

After that TV main event, the audience left their living roms angry but got right in the car to go to the box office to get their tickets for the big show.  You have a great knack of this rotating feuds with your big stars that can go on and on.  Great work.  

Tully vs Olympia is such an underrated angle.   

Slaughter in a Boot Camp Match... Slinker better bring help!

USWA @ The Civic Center Amarillo TX 2-22-85

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. Keith Reiner 

Fleming opens the show by winning the match with a fireman's carry slam

Rolling Thunder vs. The Coat of Arms

Rolling Thunder has been feuding with the Samoans while Coat of Arms have been battling the Legion. They take a break from those feuds but engage in a hard hitting match with each other. Coat of Arms put up a fight but in the end DJ sends Brito through the ropes with a big shoulder block as Shaw hits a splash on DellaSerra to get the pin! 

Winners of the Match- Rolling Thunder 

Gypsy Joe vs. Killer Brooks

Another crazy brawl between these two crazy brawlers. After a wild and bloody 7 minutes, Brooks gets the win with his feet on the ropes. 

Winner of the Match- Killer Brooks

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Central States Tag Team Champ Gary Young 

Fergie had words with Cooley on TV and sends in one half of Bad Attitude to inflict damage before Cooley's match with Johnny Rich at Scores to Settle. Fergie is booked elsewhere tonight and Cooley is able to focus solely on Young. Young looks impressive and shows off some serious skill but Cooley fires back and wins the match with a running bulldog.

Winner of the Match- Wendell Cooley 

The Goldmine vs. Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant- Winners get a Central States Tag Team Title Match at Scores to Settle  

These teams have been trading wins and tonight a tag title shot is on the line. That defiantly intensifies the match as they go back and forth. A pier six brawl breaks out and Valiant gets on the apron with a loaded towel. Ted is holding Rogers as Valiant is ready to nail him but Grey dropkicks Jerry into Valiant. Grey and Rogers swing Ted to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline to get the pin and earn a title shot. 

Winners of the Match- The Goldmine 

Texas State Title Bout 

Tully Blanchard (C) w/Baby Doll vs. TV Champ Rick Martel 

Tully will defend his title against Mr. Olympia at Scores to Settle but first must get pass the TV champ Martel. Awesome match that goes past the 30 minute mark. Martel has Tully in trouble and goes for his slingshot splash but Baby Doll runs over and grabs his boot. She hangs on as the Ref is yelling at her. Tully staggers up and nails Martel with a forearm bash then slams his head on the top of the steel post. Martel falls to the outside and cant beat the Ref's 10 count. 

Winner of the Match by CO and still Texas Champ- Tully Blanchard 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Larry Zbyszko 

Jerry Jarrett knows Lawler is way over in Tennessee and wants to get him that over in Texas. Good booking as he books Lawler against hated heel Zbyszko. Of course Zbyszko annoys the fans and Lawler with his stalling. Lawler has enough and runs to the outside and chases Zbyszko. Zbyszko gets in the ring and nails Lawler with a knee as Lawler is getting through the ropes. Zbyszko works Lawler over with kicks, thrusts and choking. Zbyszko suplexes Lawler, picks him up and goes for a swinging neckbreaker but Lawler hits him and backdrops him. The fans are going crazy as Lawler goes to town with punches then knocks Zbyszko through the ropes. Zbyszko rolls around then reaches in his tights and pulls out a roll of coins. Zbyszko gets on the apron, Lawler goes towards him, Zbyszko takes a swing but Lawler ducks and back suplexes him into the ring as the roll of coins falls out of Zbyszko's hand. While the Ref is looking down at Zbyszko, the fans cheer as Lawler picks up the roll of coins. Zbyszko staggers up and Lawler blasts him with the coins 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Jerry Lawler

Kerry's mid section is bandaged up from Ayala's assault last week. Things go bonkers right away as fists are flying when the bell rings. The Ref lets it go for a bit while the fans are up and cheering. Adias dropkicks Conway out of the ring while Wells dropkicks Whatley through the ropes. Kerry winds up and punches Ayala over the top rope. KIng gets on the apron and all 3 men punch him off! Kerry and the Naturals dominate the opening minutes. Movement turn the tide as Adias hits a Thesz Press on Conway but Conway holds him up as they fall back and Whatley grabs Adias's head and slams it down on the top rope. Whatley, Conway and Ayala take turns putting a beating on Adias. Adias finally makes the hot tag to Wells and Wells cleans house. Movement regain momentum as Ayala nails Wells on the back of the head with a clothesline from the apron. Whatley tags in Ayala and Ayala takes Wells apart. Ayala clamps on the bearhug but Kerry comes off the top rope with a double axehandle to the head. This causes everybody to run in and the brawl is on. The Ref gets control. Ayala tags in Conway as Wells falls back and tags in Kerry. Kerry press slams Conway. Whatley runs in but Wells charges in and punches him to the corner. Adias comes in but Ayala knocks him down with a shoulder ram. As Ayala turns around, Kerry sends him over the rope with a discuss punch! King gets on the apron but Wells swings Whatley into him. Conway staggers up as Adias dropkicks him into a discuss punch from Kerry 1..2..3! 

Huge pop! 

Winners of the Match- Kerry Von Erich and The Naturals 

Fun house show here....I love how creative you are with coming up with original tag teams, I wish I was better with that.

The match that really stands out to me here is Killer Brooks vs. Gypsy Joe....what a hard hitting "slobberknocker" that had to be!

Nice win for "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley who I've always been a fan of....and I look forward to following his career here in the USWA.

I feel like Tully vs. Martel would have had to steal the show here.....both guys pretty close to their prime in this era....great stuff.

I can only imagine the amount of "walking and talking" that had to take place in a Lawler vs. Larry Z match...lol.  None the less as mention this had to go a long way towards getting Lawler over in Texas.

Glad to see the Movement still lives......but Kerry and the Naturals will not be denied especially in Texas!

USWA @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 2-23-85

Central States Tag Team Champ Matt Borne w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Lou Robinson 

Borne easily wins the match with a bomb's away from the top rope. 

The Grapplers vs. The Legion 

Very hard hitting match up as both teams take it to each other and aren't afraid to bend the rules. After an intense fight, the Grapplers double clothesline Zhukov over the top rope. Grappler 1 hoists Baron up in a bearhug as Grappler 2 comes off the middle ropes with a diving clothesline for the pin. 

Winners of the Match- The Grapplers

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool Carl Fergie vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

George is in control as he back drops Rich. George swings off the ropes but is tripped by Fergie. George goes after Fergie but Rich blasts him from behind then body slams him down. Rich climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop to get the pin. 

Winner of the Match- Johnny Rich

Scott McGhee vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker 

McGhee is red hot as he back drops, hip tosses and uppercuts Slinker all over the ring. Slinker comes back and breaks every rule in the book. McGhee fires up and once again takes it to Slinker. The Ref gets tangled up and goes down. McGhee is still punching away on Slinker but Tiger Chung Lee runs to the ring and nails McGhee from behind with his kendo stick. Lee takes off as McGhee is on his knees favoring his back. Slinker staggers up and karate kicks McGhee. The Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Ron Slinker

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

"Dream Machine" Troy Graham and "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol (C) vs. The Super Samoans

The champs will be defending the titles in the cage against the Grapplers at Scores to Settle but they might not be champs because they're facing one of the top teams in the USWA tonight. The Samoans show why they're in this spot as they go full throttle. They double back drop Graham. Idol charges but gets knocked out of the ring with a double superkick. The Ref guides Tui back. Idol grabs one of the title belts and sets it on the apron. Sakalia continues to work over Graham. Idol runs in as does Tui. Tui punches him through the ropes. The Ref is trying to guide Tui back to his corner. Sakalia picks up Graham and Samoan Drops him. Idol comes off the middle ropes and nails Sakalia with the title belt. The Ref turns around and runs over 1..2..3! Tui runs over and hits Idol as the belt fly's out of the ring. Graham rolls out of there. Boos as Graham and Idol stagger up and grab their titles. 

Winners of the match and still USWA Tag Team Champs- Troy Graham and Austin Idol

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Tiger Chung Lee 

This is Slaughter's first match back since that attack by Slinker and his gang (Lee was involved). The fans are going wild as Slaughter unloads on Lee. Boos as Ron Slinker comes out and distracts Slaughter and the Ref. Lee sneaks out and grabs his kendo stick. The fans cheer as Scott McGhee (still favoring his back but he's high on adrenaline)  runs down the aisle and nails Lee. Slinker is on the apron. Slaughter grabs him and punches him off. McGhee hits Lee with his kendo stick and rolls him back in the ring. Slaughter clamps on the Cobra Clutch and it's all over! Slinker is going berserk. Slaughter points down at him and yells "You're next!"

Winner of the Match- Sgt. Slaughter

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel and "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal vs. Carlos Colon and "Bronco" Bruce Hart 

These 4 workers put on a solid 40 minute match. Everybody gets a chance to shine and they do. In the closing minutes, Colon and Bock are going toe to toe. They eventually tag in their partners. Regal gets control as he swings Hart to the ropes and nails him with a high knee. Regal vertical suplexes Hart 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Bock runs in and body slams Hart. Colon charges and punches Bock to the corner. Regal goes to the top rope and comes down with a flying leg drop but Hart moves. Colon clotheslines Bock over the top rope then swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop on Regal. Hart follows with a splash 1..2..3! 

Big Pop! 

Bock grabs his USWA title and tells Colon "You will never beat me for this" 

Winners of the Match- Carlos Colon and Bruce Hart

Two great house shows this week!  In Amarillo, we continue to see the rise of Cooley, the difficulty of beating Tully when he has Baby Doll at his side, the fame of the King grow outside of Memphis and the perfect finish on Texas as Kerry gets the win in the Main Event.  Well booked show from top to bottom.

In Memphis, the heels get the fans all riled up in the beginning as the Mempihs Mafia, Ron Slinker and Dream Machine & Idol all come out on top but all is well by the end of the night as Sgt and Colon with Hart send the fans home happy!  Fun shows as we continue the build to the big one on March 14 in Indy

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium Knoxville TN 2-28-85

Lance Russell: Hello again and welcome to another edition of USWA Wrestling here on the USA Network. Big main event as the Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard teams with Johnny Rich to take on Mr. Olympia and Wendell Cooley. Sgt. Slaughter returns to television. Also in action will be the Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich! TV champ Rick Martel will also be in action as well as the Grapplers. Adrian Adonis will be here as well as Jerry The King Lawler. That and a lot more. Right now my guest is the current USWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel. 

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Bock arrogantly walks out wearing a suit with the title on his shoulder. 

Lance: Well Nick, at Scores to Settle you will once again defend that title against Carlos Colon. The last time you guys wrestled it went to an incredible 60 minute draw. I for one cant wait for the rematch. 

Bock: Lance, Carlos Colon is the luckiest man walking the face of the earth. I will give the man credit, he stood toe to toe with me for 60 grueling minutes but I want to make something very clear, that will not happen again. At Scores to Settle I will defeat Carlos Colon and I will retain this title. I am without a doubt the greatest wrestling champion in the world. What makes me a great champ is I'm always looking to make myself better. Colon, I have studied our match over and over and quite frankly I know how to beat you and beat you I will at Scores to Settle. 

Lance: Ok, strong and confident words from the USWA Champ. Let's go to the ring. 

TV Champ Rick Martel vs. Todd Rooney 

Martel looks sharp tonight and puts Rooney away with the Slingshot Splash. 

Martel cuts a promo and says at Scores to Settle he's finally going to put Larry Zbyszko down for the 1..2..3. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: With me right now is the man who will challenge Rick Martel for the TV title at Scores to Settle. Larry, you and Martel have battled to several draws and you've been accused of stalling. I have to ask, you needing to defeat the champ in 10 minutes, why would you spend a lot of time stalling?

Larry: Because I'm not only a living legend but I am a master of psychology. Don't you get it? I have Martel right where I want him. At Scores to Settle our match will have no time limit. That is when I take the title. I have already defeated him psychologically and now I'll beat him physically. 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) I think it'll be a tougher task then he thinks, back to the ring. 

The Super Samoans vs. Gary Williams and Trent Watkins

Sakalia hits a Samoan Drop on Watkins and Tui follows with a flying splash from the top rope to get the pin! The Samoans flash the "I love you" signs to the fans

WHAM!!! 

Rolling Thunder hits the ring and attacks the Samoans! They hurl Sakalia out of the ring. DJ swings Tui to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Shaw swings off the ropes and hits a body splash! 

The fans boo as Rolling Thunder go to the podium. They yell and say the Samoans have gotten to many undeserved title shots. They demand a title shot! 

Commercial Break 

"Timekeeper" Mike George vs. Jerry Oates w/Johnny Valiant and Ted Oates

George has a tough time tonight as both Valiant and Ted Oates constantly interfere. Valiant is on the apron distracting the Ref while Ted is on the other side and holds George from the apron. Jerry charges with a high knee but George hits Ted with a back elbow and ducks as Jerry nails Ted with the high knee. Jerry staggers as George rolls him up. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Mike.jpg.62eca3fd399acbcc92b2cd83cc982258.jpg

Valiant throws a tantrum as the fans pop for George. 

Lance: (Laughing) Mike George overcomes the odds and gets the win over Jerry Oates. 

Valiant storms the podium. 

Valiant: I've never seen such bad officiating in my life! I hope you're happy with that tainted win Mike George. You'll never pull that off again! 

Mike George walks over. 

Mike: I would be more than happy to do that again. 

Valiant: Ok, next time try that on Ted Oates. Lightning wont strike twice on the Outstanding Oates! 

valiant.jpg.25af71e4ed21a3d415670eacbbc6f806.jpg

Commercial Break 

The Grapplers vs. Sam and Sean Smith 

Grapplers demolish the Smith brothers. The finish sees Grappler 1 hoist Sam up in a bearhug as Grappler 2 hits a diving clothesline from the middle ropes for the pin! 

Grapplers cut a promo and say they're counting down the days until they get Graham and Idol in the cage at Scores to Settle. They remind Graham that they took off his mask and next up are the titles! 

Commercial Break 

Another pre recorded UK promo from Les Thornton. He says he understands Mark Fleming will be the opponent of Tony St. Clair at Scores to Settle. He acknowledges Fleming's wrestling skills but assures him he will be no match for Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair. St. Clair is going to prove what he already knows and that's UK wrestling is far more superior that that of the USA.

Lance: Les Thornton will bring Tony St. Clair to the USWA at Scores to Settle. I don't think they should look past Mark Fleming. Well fans let's go to the ring for the television return of Sgt. Slaughter.

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Roy Glader  

The fans go wild as Slaughter comes to the ring waving the American Flag. Slaughter looks great as he finishes Glader off with the Cobra Clutch! The fans cheer as Slaughter salutes them. 

Wait a minute! 

Ron Slinker walks out with The Legion, Killer Brooks and Tiger Chung Lee. They all have evil smiles as they slowly circle the ring. Slaughter has his fists up. 

But wait a minute! 

Coat of Arms run out and attack the Legion! Scott McGhee runs out and hammers away on Lee! Gypsy Joe storms out and pounds away on Brooks. Slaughter goes out after Slinker but Slinker runs away to the back. Everyone else is brawling as we go to a commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my! Things have calmed down. Here comes Slaughter. 

slaughter.jpg.f2390d67ab017f1ff335203987f530ab.jpg

Slaughter: Ron Slinker you maggot! Your nothing but a gutless coward! But at Scores to Settle, you will have nowhere to run when you step into a bootcamp match with me! Slinker! Get your affairs in order! 

Lance: I wouldn't want to be Ron Slinker. Back to the ring. 

Central States Tag Champs Bad Attitude w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Stu Jersky and Paul Sampson 

Bad Attitude work their opponents over pretty good before winning the match with a double rib breaker! Fergie leads his team to the podium. 

Fergie: Listen up nerds. Later on tonight I'll be back out as my man Johnny Rich teams with the great Tully Blanchard to give Mr. Olympia and that big dummy Wendell Cooley the beating of their lives. Now! At Scores to Settle it appears the Goldmine have earned themselves a shot at our Central States tag titles. HAHAHAHA the only thing they earned is a guaranteed loss! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: With me right now is Adrian Adonis. (BOOOS) Adrian, it's you and Lawler at Scores to Settle and I'm sure that's going to be nothing less than a fight. 

Adonis: A fight? It's going to be me putting a sheer beating on that gutter rat Lawler! Lawler isn't a man, he's just Jarrett's puppet. That's right, Lawler has always been Jarrett's favorite and that's the only reason he's been as successful as he has. I put an end to that and made damn sure he wouldn't be champion. There was no way in hell we would endure yet another Lawler title run. At Scores to Settle.....

The fans go wild as Jerry Lawler storms out and tackles Adonis! Lawler hammers away until prelim wrestlers come out to stop it. It's a wild scene as they hold Lawler back. Adonis staggers up and goes after Lawler! They try and break it up but Lawler breaks free and the brawl is on! They roll around and throw punches as the prelim wrestlers try and break it up. 

Commercial Break 

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. Wes Cantrell 

Hart executes a backbreaker then applies the Camel Clutch for the submission win. 

Hart cuts a promo and says his score will be settled when he puts Steve Regal down once and for all. 

Commercial Break 

Central States Champ Kerry Von Erich vs. Neil Schneider 

Kerry has the fans roaring as he puts Neil down with the discuss punch for the win! 

Footage is shown from a couple weeks ago as Hercules Ayala gave Kerry a post match beating finishing him off with a belly to belly suplex on the concrete. 

Lance: Ok Kerry, you'll be defending the Central States Title against Hercules Ayala at Scores to Settle and you know Sonny KIng will be in Ayala's corner.

Kerry: Ayala! You made a big mistake and brother you're going to pay! Don't think your Movement buddies will be able to help because I have friends to. At Scores to Settle, I'm putting you down and walking away with this title! 

kerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

Texas State Champ Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll and "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie

vs

Mr. Olympia and "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

These teams go non stop for a few minutes. Things get crazy when Fergie tries to hit Cooley with a cheap shot but Cooley blocks it and levels him. Rich clotheslines Cooley from behind then hurls him out of the ring and follows. Olympia goes out after Rich but Tully nails him from behind and pushes him into the steel post. The Ref reaches the 10 count as everybody is on the outside. The bell is ringing but Rich continues to put a beating on Cooley. Fergie holds Cooley up as Rich grabs a chair, gets on the apron and jumps down, hitting Cooley over the head with the chair! Cooley is busted open. Satisfied, Fergie walks Rich out of there as the fans throw garbage at them. This is only the beginning. Tully picks up Olympia and slams him on the concrete. Baby Doll is yelling at Tully and points to the announcer's table. Tully hurls Olympia on the table then hops up. 

Lance: OH NO! He's going to piledrive Olympia on the table! We need help out here!! 

Tully hoists Olympia up and piledrives him through the table!!!!!! 

The fans are in a stunned silence as the show ends. 

SCORES to SETTLE 

Closed Circuit Event, Market Square Arena Indianapolis IN 3-14-85

USWA Tag Team Title Bout- STEEL CAGE! 

Grudge Match

Jerry "The KIng" Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis 

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. Hercules Ayala w/Sonny KIng 

Texas State Title Bout- If Olympia losses he must leave USWA

TV Title Bout- No Time Limit 

Boot Camp Match

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool Carl Fergie 

The Movement w/ Sonny King vs. The Naturals 

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal w/Johnny Valiant 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. "The Technician" Mark Fleming 

Bad Attitude (C) w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. The Goldmine 

Great show here laying even more solid groundwork for the 'Scores to Settle'!

I'm a huge fan of Bockwinkel and you've captured his promo style well here as I can hear every word of this being said by him building towards this showdown with Colon.

Great main event that helps build two matches on the card of the closed circuit event, while putting Mr. Olympia in some serious jeopardy of possibly leaving town after being piledriven through a table by Tully Blanchard who has proven to be one of the most dangerous men on the USWA roster.

The Grapplers against Idol/Dream in a steel cage should be a brutal affair they may finally manage to determine a winner in this feud.

I can't wait to see Lawler/Adonis square off!

Such a solid card....every match on the show has been well built and has me invested in whose going to win....and we're still a couple of weeks away!

USWA @ The Hammond Civic Center 2-29-85

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Baron Von Raschke

Raschke gives Cooley quite a beating but Cooley ends up winning the match with a surprise roll up! 

Winner of the Match- Wendell Cooley 

The Goldmine vs. Tiger Chung Lee and Killer Brooks 

The Goldmine are set to get a Central States Tag Title match at Scores to Settle but Lee and Brooks want to play spoilers tonight. Brooks and Lee put up a serious fight but the Goldmine win the match after executing a double hot shot on Brooks. 

Winners of the Match- The Goldmine

Adrian Adonis vs. Scott McGhee 

McGhee is on fire tonight and has Adonis bumping for awhile. McGhee almost puts Adonis away with a European uppercut followed by a back suplex but Adonis had his feet in the ropes. McGhee goes for a back drop but Adonis drops a forearm blast on his head and quickly follows with a DDT for the win. 

Winner of the Match- Adrian Adonis

Central States Tag Team Champ Matt Borne w/ Gary Young and "Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Bob DellaSerra

DellaSerra had way to much to deal with on the outside and Borne took full advantage. Things backfired as Fergie was distracting the Ref while Borne held DellaSerra and Young went for a double axehandle off the top rope but DellaSerra's partner Gino Brito ran out and pushed Young off the top rope. DellaSerra nails Borne and cradles him as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3!  

Winner of the Match- Bob DellaSerra

These teams have been feuding and trading wins but things escalated when Rolling Thunder attacked the Samoans on TV. This match is chaos from the beginning. After a few minutes of out of control action the Ref has no choice but to throw this one out. 

Official Ruling- No Contest 

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

Brito spends most of the match working over Rich's leg and clamps on the figure four. Thanks to an eye rake by Fergie on the outside, Rich manages to rebound and win the match with a flying elbow drop from the top rope. Rich limps around and wants to dish more punishment on Brito so he does. Brito's Coat of Arms partner DellaSerra hits the ring but Fergie nails him from behind with a foreign object. Fergie and Rich put the boots to them as Bad Attitude hits the ring and joins in. The fans go wild as  Wendell Cooley and the Goldmine storm the ring with fists flying! ! Fergie, Rich and Bad Attitude get out of there quick. 

Winner of the Match- Johnny Rich 

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel and Larry Zbyszko vs. Carlos Colon and TV Champ Rick Martel 

These 4 wrestlers put on a wrestling clinic and give the fans a thrilling 45 minute match. Everybody gets a chance to shine and show off their skills. Things get crazy in the end as the Ref takes a bump. Colon swings off the ropes but Bock lowers the rope and Colon takes a nasty bump on the outside. Martel is taking it to Larry and goes for a suplex but Bock clips the back of Martel's leg. Larry staggers up and gives Martel a swinging neckbreaker as the Ref crawls over and makes the 3 count. 

Winners of the Match- Nick Bockwinkel and Larry Zbyszko

Jerry "The KIng" Lawler vs. Hercules Ayala 

Sonny King is booked elsewhere tonight so he wont be a factor. This one is a hard hitting affair. After 10 minutes Ayala is in control as he clotheslines Lawler down and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Ayala picks Lawler up and chokes him. Lawler is off his feet and Ayala just slams him down at the Ref's count of 5. Ayala executes a backbreaker then lifts Lawler up and clamps on the bearhug! The fans are cheering Lawler on and he slowly starts punching his way out. Ayala finally looses his grip and Lawler continues to pound away. Ayala staggers around and Lawler scoop slams him then hops on the middle ropes and connects with a fist drop 1..2..NO! Adrian Adonis hits the ring and hammers away on Lawler!!! The Ref signals for the DQ. Ayala rolls out of the ring and heads up the aisle. Adonis swings Lawler to the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Lawler ducks swings back and clotheslines Adonis down! Lawler lowers his strap as the crowd goes nuts. Adonis staggers up and Lawler punches away then punches him over the top rope as the fans go nuts. Lawler pumps his fists to the cheering fans.  

Winner of the Match by DQ- Jerry Lawler 

USWA @ The Convention Center, Corpus Christi TX 3-1-85

"The Technician" Mark Fleming vs. Boris Zhukov 

Fleming starts strong but Boris comes back and really works him over but cant put him away. Fleming survives as the 10 minute time limit expires. A frustrated Boris gives Fleming a post match beating. 

Official Ruling- A Draw

USWA Tag Team Champ "The Universal Heartthrob" Austin Idol vs. "Timekeeper" Mike George 

George gives Idol a match and almost finishes him off with a running shoulder breaker but Idol got his foot on the rope. Idol eventually comes back and wins the match with a knee drop from the middle ropes. 

Winner of the Match- Austin Idol 

"Captain" Ron Slinker vs. Gypsy Joe

Joe has been in some bloody fights with Slinker's henchman Killer Brooks but tonight he gets the Captain one on one. Joe takes the fight to Slinker and gives him a good beating until a lowblow turns the tide and Slinker follows with a gut wrench suplex to get the win. 

Winner of the Match- Ron Slinker 

The Grapplers vs. Oates Outstanding w/Johnny Valiant

Oates take advantage of Valiant's distractions and get in some good offense but it isn't enough as The Grapplers eventually comeback with a vengeance and finish the match as Grappler 1 hoists Jerry up in a bear hug while Grappler 2 hits the diving clothesline from the middle rope! After the match, The Grapplers pound on Valiant and nail him with their finisher! 

Winners of the Match- The Grapplers

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal 

These 2 will square off at Scores to Settle but the fans here get a preview of that. Valiant is still reeling in the back and isn't out here with Regal. This works out well for Hart. After a fast paced back and forth match, Hart gets the win as Regal goes for a slam but Hart cradles him for the 1..2..3! Regal gets right up and they have a furious exchange until Hart dropkicks him out of the ring. We'll see if Hart can repeat this at Scores to Settle with Valiant in Regal's corner. 

Winner of the Match- Bruce Hart 

The Movement w/Sonny KIng vs. The Naturals 

An intense and hate filled match between these feuding teams. After 15 minutes of action, a pier six brawl breaks out. Sonny King gets on the apron but Wells dropkicks Whatley into him. Adias hits Conway with a flying cross body press to get the pin! I'm sure the Movement will be looking for revenge at Scores to Settle. 

Winners of the Match- The Naturals 

Texas State Title Bout 

Tully Blanchard (C) w/Baby Doll vs. Sgt. Slaughter 

Oh man Tully gets nuclear heat tonight stemming from piledriving Mr. Olympia through a table on TV. The massive boos turn to a thundering roar as Sgt. Slaughter comes down the aisle. 

The fans are going crazy as Slaughter just beats Tully all over the place. Even Baby Doll stands back. Tully gets some moves in here and there but Slaughter is dominating this match. The fans go nuts as Slaughter applies the Cobra Clutch! Tully is almost out! Baby Doll is throwing a fit. The Ref looks Tully over.

WHAM!!!

Ron Slinker runs in and nails Slaughter with a pair of nunchucks!!!!

The Ref signals for the DQ. Baby Doll runs in and drags Tully to the outside. The fans are in riot mode as Slinker continues to hit Slaughter with the nunchucks. Slaughter is busted open. Security runs in. Slinker strolls out and up the aisle as fans throw garbage at him. 

Winner of the Match by DQ- Sgt. Slaughter however Tully Blanchard remains Texas State Champ BOOOOOOOO

Kerry Von Erich (C) vs. USWA Tag Champ "Dream Machine" Troy Graham 

Well if there's one guy in Texas that can turn a hostile crowd around it's Kerry Von Erich. Graham is close to Tully's heat just because of the way him and Idol have acted as tag champs. 

Graham attacks at the bell and goes to work on Kerry. Kerry fights back and the fans cheer when he military presses and slams Graham down. Graham rolls out of the ring. The fans boo when Austin Idol appears at ringside to give his partner "encouragement" 

Idol goes around the ring and argues with Kerry. This allows Graham to sneak up and clothesline Kerry from behind. Graham swings Kerry to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Graham drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Graham drags Kerry to the ropes and chokes him. The Ref backs Graham up and Idol runs over and slaps Kerry as the fans boo. Graham picks Kerry up and hits a snake eyes on the turnbuckle. Graham hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kerry gets his shoulder up! Graham yells at the Ref while Idol chokes Kerry on the bottom rope. 

The fans go wild as the Grapplers run down the aisle! They nail Idol with a double clothesline! Graham goes crazy and is yelling at the Ref to ban them. The Ref shrugs his shoulders. Kerry staggers up and as Graham turns around Kerry levels him with a discuss punch 1..2..3! 

The Grapplers nod in approval as Kerry holds up the Central States Title to the cheering fans. 

Winner of the Match and still Central States Champ- Kerry Von Erich 

Great house shows......both had solid Semi-Main and Main Events

Nice win for Bockwinkel and Larry Z

Ayala seems like a perfect opponent for Lawler, hope we see more with these two

Blanchard gets past Slaughter with his title and Slinker digs his hole a little deeper with the Sarge

Kerry retains and we throw some more gasoline on the Grapplers vs. Idol/Dream Machine feud