Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

USWA @ The Louisville Convention Center 4-4-85

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

"The Patrolman" Dale Veasey pinned Chief Joe Lightfoot with his feet on the ropes.

Karachi Vice defeated The Club after Makhan body splashed Art Crews and Gama finished him off with the Camel Clutch

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi defeated "Gorgeous" Gary Young w/"Cool" Carl Fergie, with a flying body press from the middle ropes.

Gino Brito Jr. and "Bulldog" Bob Brown wrestled to a 10 minute draw.

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll defeated "Crippler" Rip Oliver. Ron Bass came out in street clothes during a Ref bump and rammed Oliver into the steel post then hurled him back in the ring. Tully picked up the bloodied Oliver and executed the Sling Shot Suplex for the win. 

TV Title Bout- Rick Martel (C) defeated "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie, with a sunset flip.

Central States Title Bout- Hercules Ayala (C) and Carlos Colon wrestled to a wild Double DQ.

USWA Tag Team Title Bout- The Grapplers (C) defeated The Fabulous Blonds. The Grapplers doubled clotheslined Steve Regal over the top rope, then Grappler 1 hoisted up Chick Donovan and Grappler 2 nailed him with a diving clothesline of the middle ropes. 

USWA @ The Mid South Coliseum 4-5-85

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler

Thanks to a distraction by Thornton, St. Clair was able to get an early advantage. Tyler comes back with a vengeance. Tyler has St. Clair bumping all over the ring then puts him down with a back elbow smash. Tyler swings off the ropes but Thornton trips him. Tyler staggers forward then turns around and heads toward Thornton. St. Clair gets up, Tyler turns around as St. Clair does a Somersault/Diving headbutt to mid section. St. Clair cradles him for the 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Tony St. Clair 

"Captain" Ron Slinker vs. Don Kernodle 

This one started when Slinker kept bragging on TV how he sent Slaughter packing even though Slaughter squashed him in that bootcamp match. Kernodle arrived and took offense at Slinker for bad mouthing his good friend. The challenge was made. 

The opening moments is all Kernodle as he unloads on Slinker.  Slinker comes back with some cheap shots and karate thrusts. Kernodle starts a comeback and back drops Slinker. The fans boo as Boris Zhukov heads towards the ring. Kernodle is distracted and Slinker nails him from behind. The fans cheer as Corporal Kirchner runs down the aisle and clotheslines Zhukov! Slinker is now distracted. Kernodle gets up, spins Slinker around and hits a fireman's carry slam for the pin! Kirchner gets in the ring and raises Kernodle's arm as the fans cheer. 

Winner of the Match- Don Kernodle 

Scott and Steve Armstrong vs. Southern Justice (The Batten Twins) 

This feud is in high gear and this match is a sign that things aren't slowing down. It's a wild one that's full of solid tag team wrestling and pier six brawling. They go at it for 15 minutes. Another brawl breaks out and this time the Ref has no choice but to DQ both teams. They end up fighting around the ring and up the aisle. 

Official Ruling- A Double DQ 

Kerry Von Erich vs. "Mean" Mike Miller

At Scores to Settle, Sonny King paid Miller a lot of money to take Kerry out and he certainly did that but tonight Kerry is back and he's got one thing on his mind...revenge. 

Miller is in the ring yelling at the fans and calling Von Erich a gutless punk. The fans go absolutely bonkers as Kerry storms up the aisle. The bell rings as Kerry hits the ring. Kerry is going crazy as he punches away on Miller, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down! It's all Kerry as he gives Miller a beating. Miller eventually gets in some shots but Kerry is a man possessed tonight. Kerry punches Miller several times then Military/Press Slams him down. Kerry backs up. Miller staggers up, Kerry spins around twice and sends Miller through the ropes with a discuss punch! Miller is knocked out and doesn't even move as the Ref counts to 10. The fans roar. Mission accomplished as Kerry raises his fist to the cheering fans. 

Winner of the match by C.O.- Kerry Von Erich 

Central States Tag Team Title Bout 

The Naturals (C) vs. The Movement w/Sonny King

These teams have been feuding for awhile and Sonny King took major offense when the Naturals got a title shot before his Movement did. Naturals were more than happy to give them a title shot and shut them up. 

The match is fast paced and the tide turns several times. At the 20 minute mark, Sonny King is on the apron but Wells sends him flying with a forearm blast. The Movement send Adias flying back to his corner with double high knees. Wells turns around and the Movement kick him and  nail him with a Double Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..3!!! NEW CHAMPS! 

Whatley and Conway roll out of the ring and help Sonny King up. They grab the titles and celebrate up the aisle. 

Adias is on his knees and is clearly disappointed. He walks over and helps Wells up.

WHAM! Adias kicks Wells low, picks him up and hits a snake eyes on the turnbuckle! The fans are in shock. Adias looks down at Wells and totally berates him. The fans start booing as Adias throws Wells out of the ring and follows. Adias slams Wells head on the apron then body slams him on the concrete! Adias once again berates Wells. Adias just starts angrily stomping away on Wells. Adias walks away and kicks over a few chairs before heading up the aisle. Medics come out to attend to Wells. 

Winners and new Central States Tag Team Champs- The Movement 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis

The fans in Memphis have been waiting for this one. These guys have been feuding since Adonis costed Lawler his chance at unifying the titles in January. At Scores to Settle, Adonis threw some substance in Lawler's face and followed with a DDT to get the win. Lawler returned last week and costed Adonis his match with the Grapplers. On TV they had a wild brawl. 

Thundering boos as Adonis heads up the aisle. Wild cheers as Lawler runs out and starts hammering away on Adonis. The Ref signals for the bell and the fight is on! They spend the first few minutes brawling around the ring. They eventually make it into the ring. Lawler back drops Adonis, Adonis staggers up and Lawler punches him down. It's all Lawler until Adonis hits him low and eye gouges him. Adonis takes over and gives Lawler a pretty good beating then sets him up for the DDT but Lawler back drops Adonis! 

Lawler gets up and takes his strap down! Adonis begs for mercy but Lawler kicks him and punches away. Adonis grabs Lawler's tights and hurls him up and over through the ropes. Adonis nails Lawler with a double axehandle off the apron. Adonis gets a chair. The Ref gets out there and warns Adonis. Adonis is going to hit Lawler but Lawler kicks Adonis and grabs the chair. The fans go crazy as Lawler nails Adonis over his head with the chair! The Ref signals for the DQ. Adonis is busted open. 

Lawler sets the chair down and looks around at the cheering fans. Lawler picks Adonis up by his hair and piledrives him down on the chair!!!!! 

Adonis is a bloody mess. Lawler steps on Adonis's chest and raises his arm as the fans are on their feet cheering. 

Winner of the match by DQ- Adrian Adonis

USWA Heavyweight Title Bout

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

This is a pretty good match. Cooley controls the early minutes with hip tosses, arm drags, dropkicks and headlock takeovers. The tide turns when Cooley has Bock in a headlock but Bock back suplexes his way out of it. Bock takes over and shows why he's the best in the business. Bock pulls out a variety of suplexes and slams before working on Cooley's leg. Bock clamps on the Indian deathlock! Cooley manages to grab the ropes. A frustrated Bock grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Cooley. Bock drags Cooley out and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Bock berates the Ref then swings Cooley to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Cooley kicks him. Bock staggers back and Cooley puts him down with a forearm blast. 

Cooley fires up, swings Bock to the ropes and dropkicks him. Cooley runs and hops on the middle ropes and comes back with a back elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Cooley swings Bock into the corner and charges in with a running clothesline then hip tosses Bock over and follows with a running neck snap. Cooley hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Bock barley gets his shoulder up. The fans are up and cheering. 

Cooley swings Bock into the corner then clamps on a headlock and goes for the running bulldog but Bock carries the momentum and pushes Cooley into the turnbuckles. Cooley hits hard and staggers back as Bock rolls him up with a handful of tights 1..2..3!! 

Bock retains but Cooley is now a made man in the USWA. 

Winner and still USWA Champion- Nick Bockwinkel 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really well booked show.

Where you want angles to continue you used some DQ's. DDQ's and Count-outs like with Lawer vd Adonis, Armstrongs vs Battens and KVE vs Mike Miller

Where you wanted some new angles to get going... you used different strategies to get them going.... from Adias turning on Wells to Cpl KIrchner rushing in to save Kernodle.

and great job keeping Bock strong as you look for a major competitor for your top title!  

Great show!

Great way to start the show and put Cooley on the level with Bockwinkel as someone who could potentially have his number in a title match

Impressive debut for Sivi Afi, I look forward to seeing him get into the mix here in the USWA!

As a kid the promos that were "at home" or "on location" somewhere always stuck out to me and got my attention....for some reason that classic promo where Bill Mercer goes into bar to interview the Freebirds sticks out in my mind to this very day.  I enjoyed it with Kerry here.....Mike Miller is on trouble.

Let's jump to the house shows!

Big win for the Karachi Vice in Louisville....I love that the Singhs are picking up where they left with Bruce Hart here in the USWA on television!

Not sure if Ron Bass strictly has an issue with Rip Oliver but a Bass/Blanchard alliance here could be a major problem for everyone in the USWA.

Rick Martel vs. Johnny Rich had to be an entertaining contest!

The Grapplers keep racking up the wins/successful title defenses!

On to Memphis......

Don Kernodle establishes himself with the Memphis crowd getting a win over "Captain" Ron!

Another wild brawl between The Battens and The Armstrongs! This feud is likely to spill blood all over the territory before all is said and done!

The Movement are champions once again! The Grapplers better watch their backs!

The Lawler/Adonis feud has been wild and violent up til now....it appears things make be going to another level soon.

I was cheering for Cooley but even coming up short against the champ, as you pointed out he's still a made man after hanging with the champion like that......Cooley's time will come!

Love Bockwinkel taking Cooley lightly. I still don't buy for a moment that Cooley is winning the belt, but it is going to make for one hell of a match!

Glad to see Sivi Afi getting a bit of a push here. Probably more than I'd have done with him! Like we've stated, you are awesome at giving everyone something.

Great stuff with Kerry and Miller. That's a good little feud.

Loving Lawler and Adonis as well. Another great feud, and the promo's for that would be fantastic.

The Stampede throwback with Karachi Vice attacking Bruce Hart is great story telling.

Very stoked to see Ron Bass getting what looks to be a good singles run. I hope he goes far.

Nice TV main event with Martel over Brito

Afi picks up another win, Nice!

Not sure if Bass was just after Oliver, or if that is a potential Blanchard/Bass alliance, but either possibility leads to great things!

Von Erich and Miller settled nothing! Looking forward to that continuing.

YES!! The Movement brings home the gold!!

As expected, Bock and Cooley tear the house down, and while he didn't win it, Cooley looks like a million bucks.

Bockwinkel has a stranglehold here in USWA, and quite frankly... I Love It!!

No offense to anybody else but this is my favorite territory in the game right now. I plan on going back and reading through the entire archive of shows.

I love matches where an established guy tries to put over or make another wrestler, even in defeat, and Bock vs Cooley accomplished that perfectly. 

Lawler vs Adonis was total Memphis and the crowd would have ate up that whole story. 

Mean Mike Miller as a relevant threatening force is an impressive feat. narratively speaking.

Everybody has a thing. Everybody has something to do. Just good storytelling all the way around

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium Knoxville TN 4-10-85

Footage from Jackson is shown of The Movement defeating the Naturals for the Central States tag team titles. After the match Brian Adias comes unglued and beats up his partner George Wells.

Lance: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Big show for you tonight as Bullet Bob Armstrong returns to action and will team with his sons, Scott and Steve to take on Tully Blanchard and Southern Justice. In Jackson, Corporal Kirchner came out to help Don Kernodle fight off Ron Slinker and Boris Zhukov. Those two sides will meet in a tag match tonight. The Club takes on the Fabulous Blondes. Kerry Von Erich will be in action as well as Ron Bass. Also, the USWA tag champs the Grapplers will be here. We'll hear from Jerry Lawler as well as the USWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel. At the top of the program we saw the Move....

Boos as Sonny King leads out the Central States Champ Hercules Ayala and Central States tag team champs The Movement. 

king.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpgayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpgtones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpg

King: Glory Glory hallelujah what a marvelous day for the Movement! Lance Russell, have you ever seen so much gold in one setting? I told you this would happen and my brother the time has come today. You're looking at the most dominate faction in wrestling today. I have the mighty and powerful Hercules Ayala holding the Central States title and now I have the elite team of Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr. holding on to these here Central States tag titles. I knew once these men were given the opportunity they would run all the way with it and they did just that! Those corrupt bookers and promoters tried their best to prevent this from happening but I wasn't going to let that happen. No way sucker! Now we call the shots and Lance Russell, I promise you this is only the beginning! 

Lance: Ok, there you have it. I must admit, Sonny King came through with all his promises. A bit later I'm going to try and get some answers from Brian Adias. Right now let's go to the ring.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Todd Rooney 

wendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpg

Cooley has some serious buzz going as he recently put on an outstanding showing against the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel. The fans are 100% behind him as he finishes Rooney off with a running bulldog! 

Cooley cuts a promo and says his match with Bockwinkel has given him a serious confidence booster and he plans on carrying that momentum here in the USWA! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans I want to remind you that this weekend at the Dunn Center, Bob Armstrong gets his long awaited USWA title match. On that note, I want to bring in the USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel. Nick, you've been on quite a roll since winning that title.

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Bock: Of course I have otherwise I wouldn't be standing here with this title. When people think of Nick Bockwinkel they think champion. Night after night I continue to dominate the competition here in the USWA. Bob Armstrong, you are no different. He's finally gotten the courage to face me but it's to late. Bob Armstrong has exposed himself to be the coward that he is. He has dreams to be the champion but he woke up to reality when he realized I was the man he had to beat. Bob Armstrong, you don't have a prayer of beating me so why don't you just stick to mentoring your sons. On second thought, why don't they get a couple ringside seats and I can give them the wrestling education that you obviously cannot. Good day Mr. Russell. 

Lance: USWA champ Nick Bockwinkel, the man defiantly doesn't lack confidence. Back to the ring. 

American Made (Don Kernodle and Corporal Kirchner) vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker and Boris Zhukov

This grudge match is a pretty good TV match. American Made gels well and shows off some good chemistry. Slinker and Zhukov come back with heel cheating tactics. A pier six brawl breaks loose. American Made double clothesline Zhukov over the ropes. They pick up Slinker and drop him on the top turnbuckle. Kirchner picks up Slinker and executes a fallaway slam. Kernodle follows with a fireman's carry slam for the pin! 

Big pop as American Made stands tall. 

kernodle.jpg.877ef7193c828f7ecf019f77bc343378.jpgkircner.jpg.093c3f88514003847fa0f1c773f92a79.jpg

Commercial Break 

"Outlaw" Ron Bass vs. Vic Dutro 

bass.jpg.f4fa13b271f797303c62e6247083c3fb.jpg

The fans boo as Bass angrily stomps away on Dutro. Bass lifts Dutro up and drops him with the gourdbuster to get the easy pin. Bass goes out and gets Miss Betsy then comes back in the ring and chokes Dutro with it. 

Lance: There was no need for that. Please don't bring that over here. 

Bass comes over and snaps the whip. 

Lance: Alright, that's enough. Ron Bass, last week on TV you got into a shoving match with Rip Oliver then in Louisville you interfered and costed him his match with Tully Blanchard. What's your deal with Rip Oliver?

Bass: I told you, me and Miss Betsy were here to take care of business and that dirty dog Rip Oliver wanted to get in my face. Well we took care of him didn't we? 

Lance: I don't know about that because next week here on TV you will be facing Rip Oliver.

Bass: Oh really? I guess that boy loves punishment well that's exactly what he's gonna get! 

Bass cracks the whip as Lance flinches. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from Jackson is shown as Von Erich sends Mike Miller through the ropes with a discuss punch and gets the C.O. win.

Kerry Von Erich vs. Trent Watkins 

kerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

The fans of course are going wild especially the ladies as Kerry works over Trent and finishes him off with the discuss punch! Kerry smiles at the fans and heads to the podium. 

Lance: Great win tonight Kerry. I wanted to wait and make this big announcement while you were standing here with me. Next week our televised show will take place at the world famous Sportatorium  in Dallas! 

Kerry: Lance that is outstanding! It's going to be an unbelievable experience to go home again and wrestle in front of all those great fans. I can hardly wait! 

Boos as Mean Mike Miller storms out. 

miller.jpg.a80ec15868fd9a1100dde83fee811a15.jpg

Miller: Listen up punk! You sucker punched me in Jackson and got lucky. You and I go at it again this weekend in Corpus Christi and when I get through with you, you wont be making it to the Sportatorium. You'll be going on a one way trip to the hospital boy! 

Miller starts to walk away but turns back and swings at Kerry but Kerry blocks it and puts him down with a right fist! 

The fans are going wild.

Commercial Break 

USWA Tag Team Champs The Grapplers vs. William Hillman and Neil Curry 

grapplers.jpg.408acf3d2d13235c4aedaf324fca1294.jpg

Grapplers totally squash their opponents and finish them off as Grappler 1 hoists Curry up and Grappler 2 hits the diving clothesline from the middle ropes! Grapplers hold up their titles as the fans cheer. They head to the podium. 

Lance: Impressive win tonight. I understand you two have been invited to participate in the Crockett Cup. That's a huge honor to represent the USWA. 

Grappler 1: We've steamrolled everybody that's gotten in our way and the Crockett Cup will be no different! 

Grappler 2: That's right! We're going to prove what all the teams in the USWA already know and that we're the greatest team ever! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from Jackson is shown as Lawler piledrives Adrian Adonis on a chair! 

Lance: I want to take you to the home of Adrian Adonis as he recovers from his injuries. 

Adonis is on his couch with a neck brace. He tries to sip some water but it spills. He throws the glass across the room and it shatters against the wall. 

Adonis: Lawler! Look what you did to me! What kind of animal are you? You should be suspended for life but I forgot, your puppet master Jerry Jarrett would never do that. Oh no! Mark my words Lawler! This isn't over! I'm going to come back and I'm going to put you down for good! 

Adonis holds his neck and grimaces. 

Lance: On that note I want to bring out the King, Jerry Lawler! 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Huge ovation as Lawler comes out.

Lawler: Adonis! You started all this and I'm going to finish it. I think you forgot that I'm the King around here and this is my world. You want to come back for more? Well these fists are ready to put your fat butt down again! 

Commercial Break 

The Club vs. The Fabulous Blondes 

Things are going the Club's way as they take it to the Blondes. Regal tries to come in and nail George but Crews dropkicks him back. The Ref is guiding Crews back to his corner. George picks Donovan up for a running shoulder breaker but Regal clips George behind the knee. Donovan falls on top as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! The fans boo as the Blondes jump up and down celebrating. 

chick.jpg.c5d247e42cb1ea4e0a508ccb5cf7819b.jpgregal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpg

Crews helps George up and Lance motions for them to come to the podium. 

Lance: Another tough loss boys. A few weeks ago you guys got together. You have all the tools but things just haven't gone your way. 

crews.jpg.0cdb9f05097987386da8d220da0f1d9c.jpgMike.jpg.62eca3fd399acbcc92b2cd83cc982258.jpg

Crews: I wish I had an answer Lance...

There's a stir as an older gentleman walks out in a suit. 

arnold.jpg.b6dc13718a5096bb00d2db357e2e73e2.jpg

Lance: Oh my, Arnold Skaaland. This is a surprise. What brings you here? 

Arnold: I'm happy to say I've arrived to the USWA and I'm looking to lend my services to Mike George and Art Crews. Boys, I've been in this business a long time and I've managed some of the greatest champions this sport has seen. I have a lot more to offer and if you want I think I can help you. 

Crews and George talk it over and nod. 

George: Mr. Skaaland, welcome to the Club. 

Skaaland shakes their hands and escorts them out. 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon vs. Sam Smith 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Colon swings Smith to the ropes and hits a big back drop. Colon quickly climbs the top turnbuckle. Smith staggers up and Colon hits the diving clothesline for the pin! 

Colon cuts a promo and says he's gunning for some titles! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Before we get to our main event, I want to bring out Brian Adias and talk about his recent behavior. 

adias.jpg.f39f0f075c417a36da18c252f6afa4c7.jpg

Massive boos as Adias walks out. 

Lance: Just why did you do that to George Wells? The man was your partner.

Adias: (pauses and looks down then looks up) All that time George, all that training, all that hard work to finally win some titles and in an instance you ruined it all! You blew it! Thanks to you George, we're nothing but a flash in the pan! (Adias gets riled up but takes a deep breath) I need a partner I can depend on. And that's where this man comes in. 

Boos as Carl Fergie and Gary Young strut out. 

fergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpgyoung.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Lance: Oh no, come on Brian, you don't need him. 

Fergie: Shut up nerd and listen up! Matt Borne is nowhere to be found so my man Gary Young needs a partner. Brian Adias sure needs a partner he can trust and rely on so it doesn't take a genius to figure this out. I have put together these two men with unlimited talent. They are united and in synch. You can call them the Syndicate! Two men with a purpose. Two men with a common goal. To win titles! And that's just what they're going to do! 

Lance: I just don't believe this. Fans, don't forget about this weekend at the Dunn Center as Nick Bockwinkel defends the USWA title against Bob Armstrong. Also, next week we will have the privilege of coming to you from the world famous Sportatorium. Our main event when we come back.

Commercial Break 

Bob, Scott and Steve Armstrong vs. Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll and Southern Justice 

bob.png.279668cfb735b6ca040decb30fdb6f8a.pngarmstrongs.jpg.fc2f6245da77b8592f142ee0a848f72f.jpgtully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpgbattens.jpg.893cb17d551a149ea3ddc5a84c84d929.jpg

The fans are on their feet as the Armstrong's start with fire! Bob punches away on Tully and punches him over the top rope. Scott back drops Brad and Brad bounces out of the ring. Steve dropkicks Bart through the ropes. The fans are going crazy as the Armstrong's pump their fists. 

Armstrong's remain in control with quick tags and double team maneuvers. Things change when Tully nails Steve with a knee from the apron. Steve staggers into a gut wrench suplex by Bart. Bart tags in Brad. They swing Steve to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. They tag in Tully and hold Steve while Tully comes off the top rope with a double axehandle to the head. Tully slams Steve and drops several elbows then puts Steve's head on the bottom rope for Baby Doll to slap him! 

Bob runs over but the Ref guides him back. Tully tags in Bart. Brad hops down and holds Steve's head on the rope while Bart executes a body guillotine. Baby Doll slaps Steve again. Bart hoists Steve up for a suplex but Scott nails Bart with a forearm to the back. A pier six brawl ensues. The Ref finally gets control. Steve is able to dive over and tag in Bob while Bart falls back and tags in Tully.

Bob runs in while Tully backpedals holding his hands up. The fans cheer as Bob unloads on Tully. Bob hits Tully back into the corner and Tully quickly tags in Brad. Bob grabs Brad by his head and hurls him into the ring. Bart runs in but Scott tackles him. Tully runs in and him and Scott exchange fists. The brawl is on! The Ref is letting it go. Brad eye rakes Bob and swings him into the corner and charges in but Bob moves and rolls him over 1..2..3! 

Huge pop but the fight is still going on as the show ends. 

Really nice job as always.  I lie how everyone from the mega stars to openers on your roster has a roll.  

You do great work with all your interviews bit I look forward to the Movement and Bockwinkle each week.  I never really saw much of Sonny King but if he was as you portray him, it would have made for great TV.  Your Bock is spot on and really a good read.

I am enjoying the development of Ron Bass as a top singles competitor.  It will be interesting to see who comes out of his feud with Oliver.

Nice addition of Skaaland.  We will see what it does for George and Crews.

Adias and Wells is another nice mid-card feud you now have.  So many angles that you never know what is coming next in the USWA.... makes for excitement each week.

Nice main event .... can't wait for Tully and Bob to go one one .

Lawler vs Adonis... More please!!!  Love it.

Next week we go back to the Sportatorium!  WOW... Kerry must be excited!

Brian Adias and Gary Young as a tag team!! That's like my forgotten 80's mid carder dream team!!

The Lawler/Adonis feud is awesome, as they are just perfect foils for one another.

So glad to see The Movement still running hot and pissing people off!

Mike Miller trying to stir shit up with Kerry...at the Sportatorium?? Does he want to die!!!

The Armstrongs feuding with Tully and anyone is going to be a great feud, and I am really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

As always, great work from top to bottom. Your stuff is always a pleasure to read.

Sonny King brings the heat right of the gate this week now managing the Central States Champ and the Tag Champs! 

Count me in as a fan of the Young/Adias pairing...TONS of potential there!

Wendell stays positive and keeps pushing forward after his impressive showing against the champ....I look forward to seeing him challenge Ayala sometime soon, I hope.

I really like the pairing of Kirchner and Kernodle....they could be serious contenders for the Central States titles and eventually the USWA tag titles!

Lawler vs. Adonis continues to heat up more and more each week!

Nice win for the Armstrongs here on tv....could Bob have Bockwinkel's number....he sure seems to have Tully's!

USWA @ The Corpus Christi Convention Center 4-11-85

The Club w/Arnold Skaaland vs. Trent Watkins and Gary Williams

The finish comes when Mike George drops Watkins with a shoulder breaker then applies an armbar as Crews comes off the top rope with a knee to the shoulder for the pin. 

"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. "The Patrolman" Dale Veasey 

Oliver wins the match with a flying forearm blast from the middle ropes

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler 

Tyler is in complete control until Thornton gets on the apron to cause a distraction. Tyler runs over but Thornton jumps down and continues to argue. St. Clair comes from behind, jumps over the top rope while snapping Tyler's head down on the rope. St. Clair goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying knee drop for the pin! BTW, St. Clair and Thornton got some major heat from the Texas fans. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. Chick Donovan 

Donovan swings Cooley into the turnbuckles and charges in but Cooley sticks his boot up and nails Donovan, then runs out and hits the bulldog for the pin! 

Scott and Steve Armstrong vs. Southern Justice

Another action packed back and forth tag match between these two feuding teams. All four men end up in the ring. Southern Justice swings the Armstrong's to the ropes and go for a double back drop but both Armstrong's hit dual sunset flips and the Ref counts 1..2..3! 

TV Title Bout 

Rick Martel (C) vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich 

Rich has been going for the TV title on the loops but tonight his manager Carl Fergie is booked elsewhere. Rich gives the champ a good fight until Martel catches him with a flying body press for the win. 

USWA Tag Champs The Grapplers and Carlos Colon 

vs. 

Central States Champ Hercules Ayala and Central States Tag Champs The Movement w/Sonny KIng 

This is a wild match that keeps the fans on the edge of their seats. At the 30 minute mark all hell breaks loose and everybody is brawling everywhere. Colon and Ayala fight outside the ring as the Grapplers and Movement go at it in the ring. The Ref looses all control and signals for the Double DQ! Both sides fight for another few minutes and the fans love every minute of it. 

Kerry Von Erich vs. "Mean" Mike Miller

The Texas fans want to see Kerry finally shut Miller up. Kerry doesn't disappoint as he's all over Miller in the opening minutes. Miller turns things around with a cheap lowblow and eye rake. Miller goes to work with angry stomps, boot rakes and of course choking. Miller slams Kerry, stands him up and mocks him then puts him down with a big right punch. Miller goes to the top rope and comes down with a flying leg drop but Kerry moves! The fans go crazy and fire Kerry up. 

Kerry rises with fists pumping. He grabs Miller by his hair and punches him down. He swings Miller to the ropes and clotheslines him. He drops down and unloads on Miller's head with punches as the fans go nuts. Kerry presses Miller up and slams him down! Kerry puts his knee on Miller's chest, pulls his head up by his hair and once again unloads on him with punches. Kerry stands Miller up. Miller wobbles as Kerry puts him down with the discuss punch 1..2..3! 

Huge Texas Pop! 

USWA @ The Dunn Center Clarksville TN 4-12-85

The Syndicate w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Dave Stevens and Michael Paul 

The newly formed duo of Adias and Young really gel well tonight and finish things off with a double gut buster for the win.

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. "Mr. Electricity" Steve Regal 

Regal is Afi's toughest challenge since arriving in the USWA. Regal takes the fight to Afi and almost pins him with a Northern Lights Suplex but eventually Afi comes back with fire and wins the match with a diving headbutt from the top rope! 

American Made vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker and Boris Zhukov 

Slinker and Zhukov do everything they can to put American Made down but in the end Kirchner blasts Zhukov through the ropes while Kernodle puts Slinker down with a Fireman's Carry slam for the pin. 

"The Outlaw" Ron Bass vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

Joe has things going his way until he takes a big boot from Bass. Bass follows with the gourdbuster for the win. 

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll vs. Gino Brito Jr.

Brito has Tully in trouble as he works the leg and applies the figure four. The only problem is Brito is close to the ropes which allows Baby Doll to reach in and rake his eyes. Tully regroups while Gino is hanging on the ropes holding his eyes. Tully nails Brito with a knee to the head and follows with the Sling Shot Suplex for the win. 

Karachi Vice vs. "Bronco" Bruce Hart and "Mighty" John Quinn

Last week on TV, Karachi Vice jumped Hart and Quinn and really did a number on them. Gama says the Karachi Vice's mission is to rid the USWA of Bruce Hart. 

You can tell there's a lot of hate here as both teams beat the hell out of each other. The finish gets crazy when Makan brings a chair in the ring and whacks Hart with it while he's covering Gama. The Ref signals for the DQ. Quinn runs in with a chair as Makhan pulls Gama out of there. 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. "Bulldog" Bob Brown 

Brown breaks every rule in the book and has Lawler in trouble several times but cant put him away. Lawler lowers his strap and goes to work. Lawler slams Brown down and wins the match with a fist drop from the middle rope! 

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 

Armstrong starts the match with fire as he has Bock bumping all over the place. Bock comes back with a series of suplexes and slams then starts to work the leg. Bock clamps on the Indian Deathlock but Armstrong cradles him 1..2..Kick Out! Man that was close. A frustrated Bock swings Armstrong to the ropes but Armstrong ducks his clothesline, swings back and clotheslines Bock down. It's all Armstrong as he goes to town on Bock. 

Armstrong swings Bock into the corner and comes in but Bock kicks him then grabs him and hits a swinging neckbreaker. Bock slowly covers 1..2..Armstrong gets his shoulder up. Bock berates the Ref then sets Armstrong up for the piledriver but Armstrong backdrops him over. Both men stagger up and Armstrong clamps on the sleeper! Bock's arms are flailing and he hits the Ref. The Ref goes down. Bock mule kicks his way out of the hold. 

Once again both men stagger to their feet. Bock clamps on a sleeper! Armstrong fights it and hits the Jawbreaker! Armstrong covers but the Ref is still out. 

Boos reign down as Tully Blanchard runs to the ring. As Armstrong is crawling over to help the Ref, Tully comes off the top rope with a knee to the back of Armstrong's head. Tully exits. Bock slowly rises, grabs Armstrong and hits the piledriver! The Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

BOOOOOOOOOO! 

The winner of the match and still USWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel 

Really well done house shows that seemed as realistic as could be.

You took two of your smaller towns and gave them their money's worth with big semi-main events and main events without giving away too much in terms of your angles.

Kerry with the Big Texas win was a perfect ending  and the King of Memphis gives the TN crowd what they wanted.

Also, nice  job of keeping the Bullet hot without a win.  

A couple of great house shows here.....Over in Texas we get The Armstrongs get a solid win over Southern Justice.....major six man tag with the Grapplers/Carlos against Ayala/T..great victory for Kerry Von Erich at home in Texas getting some revenge on Mike Miller then over in Tennessee we see very solid card headlined by a spectacular main event with Bullet Bob and Nick Bockwinkel.

USWA Special TV Episode from the Sportatorium, Dallas TX 4-17-85

Lance Russell: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. It is my privilege and honor to be coming to you from the historic Sportatorium here in Dallas. We have several big matches lined up including Ron Bass versus Rip Oliver. Karachi Vice will take on Bruce Hart and John Quinn. Buzz Tyler goes against Boris Zhukov. Wendell Cooley goes one on one with Johnny Rich and the winner will get a TV title shot next week. Last weekend at the Dunn Center, Bob Armstrong had things going his way against Nick Bockwinkel until Tully Blanchard interfered and costed Armstrong the match. We'll hear from Tully a bit later. Right now I want to bring out the USWA Champion Nick Bockwinkel.

Bock: Let's get one thing clear Mr. Russell. Tully Blanchard did not cost Bob Armstrong the match. I had things well in control and would of won the match regardless. As of right now there are no worthy challengers left. I've beaten Jerry Lawler, Carlos Colon, Wendell Cooley, Bob Armstrong, the list goes on and on. I'm telling you, there's absolutely no one left. That's a damn shame. What's even a bigger shame is the fact that I had to travel to this miserable tin warehouse just to tell these idiot fans that. Yes, they're idiots because only an idiot would pay to sit in a place like this. Quite frankly this is way below my standards so Mr. Russell, I bid you a good day.

Before Bock exits, the crowd goes wild as Kerry Von Erich comes out! Kerry needs to pause because the fans are cheering so loud.

Kerry: Nick Bockwinkel, I respect you a lot but there's no way I can sit back there and let you badmouth these great fans and this historic arena. A minute ago you were saying there isn't any more competition. Well hey, I'm standing right here and I'll give it a try.

Bock: Whoa, slow down son. You cant just come out and demand a title shot just because this is your hometown. I'm sorry by the way. It doesn't work that way. You need to earn it.

Lance: I think he's more than earned a shot.

Kerry: No, it's ok Lance. Ok how about this. We wrestle here tonight and if I win I get a title shot.

Huge POP.

Bock: (Mock slow clap) Very admirable. However, if you lose and I will humiliate you in front of your people, then you will never get a title shot as long as I'm champ. (Bock looks at the fans) Well they sure got quiet and so did you. That's what I thought. Once again, good day.

Kerry: It's a deal!

Another big pop!

Lance: Oh my, well ok we now have a huge main event as Nick Bockwinkel will take on Kerry Von Erich. Unbelievable. Ok let's go to the ring.

The Club w/Arnold Skaaland vs. Gary Williams and Trent Watkins 

george.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpgcrews.jpg.0cdb9f05097987386da8d220da0f1d9c.jpgarnold.jpg.b6dc13718a5096bb00d2db357e2e73e2.jpg

Arnold arrived last week and extended his services to Art Crews and Mike George. Tonight they enter the ring wearing black boxing style robes with "The Club" written in yellow letters on the back. Arnold is wearing an old suit. 

They look great and in sync as they work their opponents over. The finish sees George hit a running shoulder breaker on Watkins, then tags in Crews. Crews climbs to the top rope as George has Watkins in an armbar. Crews comes down with a knee to the shoulder and covers for the easy pin. Skaaland enters the ring and shakes both men's hands as the crowd applauds. 

Commercial Break 

Chief Joe Lightfoot vs. "The Patrolman" Dale Veasey

lightfoot.jpg.ab198326dc5508d9fbe03056bcb5941c.jpgveasey.png.f9f7c6b10c81aac9dabbc591594d411e.png

This started a few weeks ago on TV when Lightfoot beat Veasey. Veasey handcuffed Lightfoot to the rope and put the boots to him. Every since then these guys have been going at it on the house show loops. 

They give the fans a pretty fun match that goes back and forth. After about 8 minutes, Veasey swings Lightfoot into the corner and charges in but Lightfoot nails him with a boot to the head. Veasey staggers back as Lightfoot hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a tomahawk chop 1..2..3! 

Lance: Big win for Lightfoot. Ok joining me now is Sonny King along with the Central States tag team champs The Movement.

king.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpgtones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpg

King: Now look here Lance Russell, you know I don't need to scream and shout to be heard so listen up, I have but one question. Why didn't the Movement get an invitation to the Crockett Cup? 

Lance: Well, the USWA tag champs, the Grapplers are representing. 

King: The Grapplers? Do you really think they're better than the Movement? I know for a fact they are not. So I have to wonder why an inferior team like the Grapplers is representing the USWA instead of an elite team like the Movement. 

Whatley: Politics baby politics! 

Conway: You know what that means, don't you! 

King: Yep, I sure do, it means the Movement will once again have to take matters into our own hands. 

Commercial Break

Karachi Vice vs. "Bronco" Bruce Hart and "Mighty" John Quinn 

As Hart and Quinn head to the ring they are jumped from behind by Karachi Vice! Gama nails Hart with a chair as Makhan nails Quinn across the back with a chair! Gama picks up Hart and rams him face first into the steel post busting him open. Makhan picks up Quinn and slams him on the concrete! The Ref gets out there but Makhan pushes him down. Makhan backs up and hits a running splash on Quinn. Makhan rolls Quinn over and hits another splash! Gama then stomps on Quinn's back and applies the camel clutch! Quinn is out. Several prelim wrestlers come out but Makhan punches them down one by one. Several Refs come out and threaten Karachi Vice. Finally Gama releases the hold. The fans boo as Karachi Vice holds their arms up in victory. 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: That was one of the most brutal and disgusting acts I've ever seen on TV. Hart had to be helped out and Quinn was taken out on a stretcher. That was truly despicable. Fans let's go back to the ring. 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. Neil Curry 

brito.jpg.8abf5075b90fbf24528b06dd3d8303e8.jpg

Fan favorite Brito does his best to get the fans back into things as he wins the match with the figure four. 

"Bulldog" Bob Brown vs. Sam Smith 

bulldog.png.646b48468f6dab5a5a87dfe463332990.png

The fans are booing again as Brown breaks all the rules as he works over his opponent. Brown hits 3 consecutive standing leg drops before finally pinning Smith. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok fans, joining me now along with Baby Doll is Tully Blanchard. Now I understand if you have issues with Bob Armstrong but that doesn't mean you had to interfere in his well earned title match with Bockwinkel. 

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpg

Tully: Bob Armstrong had no business in that match. That title shot should of been mine and.....

The fans go wild as Bob Armstrong runs out and attacks Tully! Baby Doll and Lance get out of there. Bob hammers away on Tully. Bob grabs Tully's suit jacket as Tully runs away. Bob tears the jacket up as the fans cheer Bob on. 

bob.png.279668cfb735b6ca040decb30fdb6f8a.png

Commercial Break

Lance: This has been quite a show. Since we are in Dallas, I want to officially announce that on May 23rd the USWA will present the Parade of Champions from the Texas Stadium. It will be broadcasted live on close circuit TV. I know it will be a tremendous night of action. Already signed is a battle royal. The winner will receive 50,000 dollars and a Parade of Champions trophy. More matches will be announced next week. Fans let's go to the ring for a big match up. 

"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. "Outlaw" Ron Bass

This one's a hard hitting brawl as both men take it to each other. Oliver gets the upper hand and pounds away on Bass. Oliver swings Bass to the ropes but the Ref slips and Oliver swings Bass into the Ref. The Ref goes down as Bass rolls out of the ring. Oliver checks on the ref while Bass grabs his whip. Bass gets on the apron and Oliver walks towards him. Bass nails Oliver with the whip and gets in the ring. Oliver slowly rises as Bass clotheslines him with the whip. Bass tosses the whip outside and covers Oliver as the Ref slowly crawls over 1..2..3! 

The fans boo as Bass holds up the bullhorn fingers. 

bass.jpg.f4fa13b271f797303c62e6247083c3fb.jpg

Commercial Break 

"Avalanche" Buzz Tyler vs. Boris Zhukov 

buzz.jpg.39bceeaf47e0e43c0c38946eb45e9e01.jpgboris.jpg.4438f8c7d3d98944bd49d8979b2fe11a.jpg

Zhukov takes control with an eye rake then swings Tyler to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Zhukov body slams Tyler and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Zhukov swings Tyler to the ropes and clotheslines him down then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop but Tyler moves. Tyler regroups. Both men stagger up but Tyler wins the exchange and punches Zhukov into the corner. Tyler swings Zhukov to the opposite corner and follows with a running clothesline then hoists Zhukov up and hits a running powerslam 1..2..3! 

The Ref raises Tyler's arm then WHAM!!! 

Tyler is hit from behind! 

Lance: wait a minute! That's Ted Arcidi! What in the world. 

arcidi.png.1032f19a9c0c2281c9f60905cb0e11c5.png

Arcidi puts the boots to Tyler then picks him up and clamps on a bear hug! Arcidi wrenches away then slams Tyler down. Arcidi puts his boot on Tyler's chest and does a double bicep pose. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: It appears Ted Arcidi has arrived. I don't know why he targeted Buzz Tyler, hopefully I can get some answers. Right now I want to bring out Rip Oliver. Well, thanks to his whip, Bass got the win tonight. I know you're not happy. 

Oliver: Bass! You proved your nothing but a coward....

Boos as Carl Fergie comes out

Lance: Hold on Fergie, this...

Fergie: Shut up Nerd! This is suppose to be my time to talk about my man Johnny Rich, who's getting ready to take down that loser Cooley but instead you're wasting your time with this loser. Hey Oliver if you want some air time maybe you should try and win a match. Geez what a bum. Now get lost so I may continue.

Fergie nudges Oliver's shoulder. 

Oliver grabs Fergie's hand and pulls him in then hits a short arm clothesline! Oliver goes nuts and starts stomping away on Fergie as the fans cheer. Once again several refs come out. Oliver keeps stomping away then finally leaves. 

oliver.jpg.9d1faa45f0396412d6568b916f64251b.jpg

Lance: (Looking down at Fergie) We'll be right back. 

Commercial Break 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich 

wendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpgrich.jpg.01e6644ef20f5e33a3772ec1d8b14739.jpg

The winner of this match will get a TV title match next week against Rick Martel.

Rich seems distraught without Fergie as Cooley dominates the opening minutes with hip tosses, dropkicks, slams and arm drags. Rich turns things around when Cooley goes for a back drop and Rich kicks him. Rich swings Cooley to the ropes and dropkicks him down then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Rich chokes away on Cooley then grinds his face on the canvas. These guys were recently in a feud and it's obvious the hatred is still there as Rich stomps and pounds away on Cooley. Rich hits a vertical suplex then goes to the top rope. Rich taunts the fans before flying off with his elbow drop but Cooley moves! Cooley rolls over and staggers up. Rich holds his elbow in pain as he slowly rises. Cooley swings off the ropes and hits a bulldog 1..2..3! 

Big Pop! 

Lance: Ok, Wendell Cooley has earned a TV title match with Rick Martel next week. I want to bring out the TV champ himself. Rick big title defense next week. 

martel.jpg.8791508a0ed5421c50669b83b91624b0.jpg

Rick: Lance, I said I would be a fighting champ and I believe I've lived up to that. The competition is fierce and I know Wendell Cooley will give me one tough match.

Boos as Les Thornton walks out. 

les.jpg.0a23e8ec29398a19b807c6fa6cf3b761.jpg

Thornton: As you know I represent the UK's greatest wrestler, Tony St. Clair. Now Rick Martel you claim to be a fighting champion and you claimed to have faced the best but that isn't the truth because Tony St. Clair is simply the best. Rick Martel we have our eyes on you. 

Thornton walks out. 

Martel: I would be more than happy to wrestle St. Clair but right now my mind is on Wendell Cooley. 

Lance: Ok, there you have it. 

Commercial Break 

Southern Justice vs. William Hillman and Vic Dutro 

battens.jpg.893cb17d551a149ea3ddc5a84c84d929.jpg

The Batten twins get a lot of boos tonight but get the job done as they put Dutro away with a double hotshot! 

Batten's cut a promo and warn Scott and Steve Armstrong that this fight is far from over! 

Lance: strong words from Southern Justice. I want to take you to the home of Adrian Adonis as he wanted to make a special challenge.

adonis.jpg.44984636a353e9597a657418e408a2b1.jpg

Adonis: (standing up wearing a neck brace and also his leather jacket) Jerry Lawler! All I have is time to think and all I've been thinking about is revenge! I'm challenging you to a match, you low life sewage rat! I want you at the Parade of Champions and I want you in an anything goes street fight! I'm going to show all those Texas Rednecks what New York fighting is all about, that is if that gutless sewer rat Lawler accepts! 

Lance: Next week, I will talk with Jerry Lawler about the challenge made. Our big main event when we return. 

Commercial Break 

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel vs. Kerry Von Erich 

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpgkerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

If Kerry wins he gets a USWA title match. If Bock wins, Kerry doesn't get a shot as long as Bock is champ. 

The fans blow the roof off the place as Kerry enters the ring. Boos reign down as Bock is introduced. The match starts and Bock arm drags Kerry over then rubs his hands together and smiles. They lock up again and Bock hip tosses Kerry over and does the same thing. They lock up again and Bock clamps on a headlock. Bock wrenches it but Kerry pushes him to the ropes and puts Bock down with a shoulder block. Bock quickly gets up but Kerry scoop slams him, Bock gets up again and Kerry scoop slams him down then hoists Bock up above his head and slams him down! Bock grimaces as he favors his back while the fans cheer.

Kerry works over Bock for a few minutes until Bock turns the tide with a mule kick and gut wrench suplex. Bock sets Kerry's leg on the rope and executes several body drops on the leg. Bock yanks Kerry out and kicks away at the leg then applies a spinning toe hold but Kerry cradles him 1..2..Kick Out. The fans thought Kerry had it. Bock loses it and stomps away on Kerry. Bock slams Kerry, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Bock berates the Ref. Bock goes for a swinging neckbreaker but Kerry punches away on Bock's mid section and back drops him over. 

Both men stagger up. Bock takes a wild swing but Kerry ducks and Atomic drops Bock. Bock stands there cross legged and Kerry puts him down with a clothesline. Kerry limps around and pumps his fists as the fans are up and cheering. Kerry slams Bock and hops on the middle ropes. Bock staggers up and Kerry nails him with a flying dropkick 1..2..Kick Out. Kerry swings Bock to the corner and charges in but Bock lifts his knees and Kerry hits them headfirst. 

Bock holds on to the ropes and regroups. Kerry is down. Bock hops on the middle ropes. Kerry staggers up and Bock nails him with a double axehandle 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Bock yells at the Ref. Bock grabs Kerry and hoists him up for the piledriver but Kerry fights it and back drops Bock over. 

Both men are reeling as the fans cheer Kerry on. Bock grabs Kerry and swings him into the corner and charges in but Kerry sunset flips over him 1..2..3!! Bock kicks out a half a second to late. 

The fans explode! 

The show ends with Bock arguing with the Ref and Kerry pumping his fists to the cheering fans. 

USWA presents The Parade of Champions- May 23rd, Texas Stadium! 

Already signed- Battle Royal for 50,000 Dollars and Parade of Champions Trophy 

and all is right in Texas tonight....

You could have shot the President in the previous segment, but Kerry picking up that win sends the fans in the Sportatorium home with smiles on their faces!!

Crews and George make a nice little team, and giving them a coach type figure like Skaaland works nicely.

The Movement isn't happy, and that usually spells trouble for somebody!

Looks like Bruce Hart is going to need another partner.

Very excited for the Armstrong/Blanchard feud. Those two will have no issue getting bloody and throwing fists!

Speaking of good feuds, Oliver and Bass aren't pulling punches. Just a good old fashioned fight that ends with some good old fashioned cheating. I Like It!! Can't wait for the revenge!!

Tyler takes care of Zhukov, but now will be forced to try and pull a good match out of....I mean deal with the strength of Ted Arcidi! Arcidi can do a lot of damage here.

Wendell Cooley gets another shot at gold against Martel. Again he is put in a position where even if he doesn't win it, he can really up his profile against a much bigger name opponent.

Adonis/Lawler war is gonna get nasty, and I am looking forward too it.

Again, great main event. Perfect way to end a night in the Sportatorium!

What a way to up the ticket sales for Parade of Champions.... Kerry vs Bock.  You set that up perfectly with it serving both as your opening segment and ending.

The Movement doesn't need any motivation to cause trouble but it seems the Crockett Cup has them waiting The Grapplers in the ring!  Good job here!

Karchi Vice .... great job at getting some heat on this evil duo.

Tyler beats the big Russian but then is attacked by Arcidi.  Always thought Arcidi would be an awesome heel. 

Cooley vs Martel... someone's stock is going up but the other could suffer.  Interesting match

Like how Lawler vs Adonis was still huge but did not overshadow Kerry at the Sportatorium

USWA @ The Cook Convention Center, Memphis TN 4-18-85

The Fabulous Blondes vs. 2 local talents 

Donovan and Regal look great tonight and win the match with a double free fall slam followed by a double suplex.

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

Brito gives St. Clair more than he bargains for as he controls most of the match. Things change as Brito has St. Clair locked in the figure four but Thornton reaches in and pulls St. Clair to the ropes. As Brito and the Ref question Thornton, St. Clair nails Brito from behind with a heels first dropkick then follows with a floating butterfly suplex for the win.

Winner of the Match- Tony St. Clair

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. Boris Zhukov

Boris is aggressive tonight as he stomps, slams, punches and chokes Afi ,but cant put him away. Boris swings Afi to the corner but Afi jumps up on the turnbuckles and comes back with a flying press to get the pin! 

Winner of the Match- Siva Afi

Central States Tag Team Title Bout 

The Movement w/Sonny King vs. Scott and Steve Armstrong 

Fun back and forth match that defiantly keeps the fans attention. At the 15 minute mark, the Armstrong's are in control as they double dropkick Conway out of the ring. Scott hoists Whatley up as Steve goes to the top rope. Conway distracts the Ref as King gets on the apron and pushes Steve off the rope. Scott drops Whatley and heads toward King but Conway runs in and clotheslines Scott from behind. The Movement grab Scott and hit the double Russian Leg sweep for the win! 

Winners of the Match and still Central States tag team champs- The Movement 

"Bronco" Bruce Hart vs. The Great Gama w/Makhan Singh 

On TV, Bruce and his partner (John Quinn) took a bad beating at the hands of Karachi Vice. Quinn was stretchered out. Tonight Bruce is bandaged up and is wrestling against Doctor's orders.

Bruce takes the fight to Gama but Makhan is to much of a distraction. Bruce continues to put up the fight until Gama rakes the eyes and hurls him out of the ring. Gama distracts the Ref while Makhan picks up Bruce and rams him back first into the steel post and hurls him back in the ring. Gama applies the camel clutch! The Ref sees that Bruce is out and signals for the bell. 

Winner of the Match- The Great Gama

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. "Mean" Mike Miller

The fans are up and cheering as Lawler waits in the ring. Miller is nowhere to be seen. 

WHAM! 

Lawler is nailed from behind by ADRIAN ADONIS!!!!! 

The fans are in riot mode as Adonis puts the boots to Lawler. The Ref tries to break it up but Adonis throws him out of the ring. Adonis picks up Lawler but Lawler starts to punch him as the fans cheer him on. Both men are trading punches and fight through the ropes. They fight all around the ring and into the crowd. Fans throw soda on Adonis as Lawler gets the upper hand. Lawler hurls Adonis towards the ring. Prelim wrestlers come out and hold Lawler back. Adonis grabs a chair and charges at Lawler and hits him on his arm. The prelim wrestlers hold Adonis back. Lawler regroups and lunges at Adonis. They once again have another furious exchange until more wrestlers come out to stop this. 

There's a 5 minute intermission as things get settled down. 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley and "Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. "Outlaw" Ron Bass and "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie 

Fergie wants some revenge on Oliver for that beating he gave him on TV. Oliver wants payback on Bass for using the whip to win their match. Cooley and Rich seem to be rekindling their feud. Lot going on here.

This is a hard hitting and wild match full of pier six brawls and of course interference by Fergie. At the 25 minute mark, another brawl breaks out as Cooley and Bass are fighting in the corner. Rich is staggering as Oliver hops on the middle ropes and nails him with a flying forearm blast 1..2..NO! Fergie runs in and kicks Oliver causing a disappointing DQ. Bass rolls out of the ring and grabs Miss Betsy then heads up the aisle. Fergie picks up Oliver but Oliver kicks him low and unleashes on him with punches. Rich gets up and goes after Oliver but Cooley runs in and tackles Rich then unloads on him. The fans are on their feet cheering as Oliver hoists Fergie up and piledrives him down! 

Winners of the Match by DQ- Rip Oliver and Wendell Cooley 

USWA @ Reunion Arena, Dallas TX 4-19-85

Southern Justice vs. 2 Local talents 

Batten's win the match with a double hot shot

"Avalanche" Buzz Tyler vs. "The Patrolman" Dale Veasey 

Veasey gets in his moves but Tyler comes back with a vengeance and wins the match with a running powerslam! As Tyler is celebrating, Ted Arcidi comes to ringside to yell and shout threats at him. Tyler invites him in the ring but Arcidi smiles, shakes his head and walks away as the fans boo. What's Arcidi's deal with Tyler? 

Winner of the Match- Buzz Tyler

American Made vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker and "Bulldog" Bob Brown

Slinker has had his issues with Kernodle and Kirchner but somehow always ends up taking the fall in recent tag matches. Tonight Slinker has enlisted the services of the Bulldog. Brown proves to be a solid choice as him and Slinker work Kirchner over pretty good. Kirchner eventually makes the hot tag and Kernodle cleans house. Kernodle drops Slinker with a fireman's carry slam and covers but Brown breaks it. Kirchner sends Brown through the ropes with a forearm blast. Kirchner and Kernodle swing Slinker to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline for the 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- American Made 

TV Title Bout 

Rick Martel (C) vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

The match begins with a handshake. Very strong and clean wrestling match. Lightfoot makes the most of this opportunity and almost gets the upset with a tomahawk chop from the top rope. Martel eventually comes back and wins the match with his sling shot splash! The match ends the same way it began, with a handshake. 

Winner of the Match and still TV champ- Rick Martel 

The Club w/Arnold Skaaland vs. The Syndicate 

The Club have experienced some newfound confidence every since Skaaland offered his services. Adias and Young recently formed a team under the guidance of Carl Fergie but Fergie isn't here tonight and is probably in the hospital. 

Both teams are hungry for the win and go all out. After 10 minutes of action, the Ref takes a bump. George hits Young with a running shoulder breaker but Adias comes in and nails him with a loaded towel. Crews is helping the Ref and Adias nails him with the towel. Skaaland is on the apron. Young gets up and they walk towards Skaaland. 

The fans erupt as George Wells (remember, Adias turned on him) and Gerry Morrow hit the ring! They double clothesline Young over the rope then take turns punching Adias. They swing Adias to the ropes and hit a double shoulder tackle! The fans cheer as Wells and Morrow put George on top of Adias (Not the legal man) and exit. The groggy Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- The Club

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll 

You talk about a grudge match, this is it! These guys just tear into each other. Not even Baby Doll can distract Armstrong because he's 100% focused on beating Tully up. They brawl and beat each other for 15 grueling minutes. Both men are busted open and bleeding bad and end up fighting on the outside and keep fighting to a double c.o. Bob walks out on his own but Baby Doll needs to assist Tully out of there.

Official Ruling- A double c.o.

USWA Champ Nick Bockwinkel and Central States Champ Hercules Ayala 

vs.

Kerry Von Erich and Carlos Colon

Bock is still furious after being defeated by Kerry on national TV. I don't think the issues between Colon and Ayala will ever be solved. 

This match is a gem and goes 45 minutes. Colon and Ayala of course make each other bleed while Bock and Kerry have intense encounters. After 40 minutes of action, Colon and Ayala are pounding away on each other. Colon picks Ayala up for a vertical suplex but Bock runs in and clips Colon behind the knee. Kerry runs in and hammers Bock into the corner. Bock kicks Kerry then swings him to the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Kerry ducks, swings back and sends Bock flying through the ropes with a discuss punch. Ayala staggers up and Kerry spins around and punches him. Ayala staggers back as Colon rolls him up 1..2..3! 

BIG POP! 

Winners of the Match- Kerry Von Erich and Carlos Colon 

Nice set of shows this week for the USWA.

Boris seems to be struggling of late but makes so much since that the Russian keeps going down considering it is 1985

Bullet and Tully is a great feud.  Glad we get the DCO so we get to see more of this one.

Lawler vs Miller.... just had a feeling something was coming here!  Lawler vs Adonis is one of the best feuds we have going right now.  

Kerry over Bock twice in a week... I thonk BOck was wrong when he said there was no one left that could challenge him.  I see this building to the main event at Parade of Champions

Great way to kick off this week's tv with Nick Bockwinkel riling up the fans and Kerry Von Erich coming to confront and setting up a huge main event!

The Movement feel slighted and everyone has seen that's when they are at their most dangerous ....The Grapplers better watch out!

"Bullet" Bob manages to get him a piece of Tully....and Blanchard may not understand just how much trouble he's in with an angry Bullet!

Nice win for Buzz Tyler but Ted Arcidi arrives and attacks before he can celebrate....what's Arcidi's beef with Buzz....guess we'll have to wait and see.

Big win for "Outlaw" Ron Bass over Rip Oliver....albeit not a clean one but then again "Outlaws" don't care about the rules

I'm so glad traded you Gama Singh because I wasn't sure what to do with him but the Karachi Vice are getting some serious heat in the USWA....I expect to see some gold around their waists sooner or later.

I'm excited to see Martel vs. Cooley....should be a great match and another where.....win/lose/or draw...Cooley comes out a better wrestler

Adonis wants a Streetfight at POC....Lawler better beware as I'm sure Adonis has a devious plan in place for this one.

WOW...what a Main Event that sent everyone home from the Sportatorium happy....as well as the viewers at home....Kerry gets a win over the champ!!

Onto to the house shows!

Great way to get Adonis more heat on the Lawler feud with the attack and the fans are pissed at Adonis they get to see the King in action!

Cooley/Oliver vs. Bass/Rich is a fun tag match to close the show and even though they might not have gotten the kind of win they wanted, everyone goes home happy seeing Oliver piledrive Fergie!

Meanwhile in Texas:

Arcidi messes with Tyler's head

American Made is victorious!

It's starting to become obvious that Bullet Bob/Tully are going to need some sort of "gimmick" match to settle the score at POC!

HUGE tag team match to close the show with Kerry Von Erich and Carlos Colon getting the win....I like Colon pinned Ayala rather than doubling down on Kerry beating Nick so the Champ can still call it a fluke on tv next week

Great stuff as always!

USWA TV @ The Civic Auditorium, Knoxville TN 4-24-85

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Well fans, the road to Parade of Champions has started. On May 23rd at Texas Stadium, Nick Bockwinkel will defend the USWA title against Kerry Von Erich. Both men will be out here later as I present them with the official contract. Jerry Jarrett will be here with a special Parade of Champions segment following tonight's show. Lot's of huge matches set for tonight including Tony St. Clair going one on one with Gino Brito Jr. The TV title will be on the line as Rick Martel defends against Wendell Cooley. We're going to open the show with a blockbuster of a match as Tully Blanchard goes up against current rival Bob Armstrong. Fans get ready because this is going to be a wild one. 

Tully Blanchard w/ Baby Doll vs. "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 

tully.jpg.93f8b29e0840b6a92c13994dd155a4ec.jpgbob.png.279668cfb735b6ca040decb30fdb6f8a.png

Both wrestlers start brawling as the Ref signals for the bell. The fans are up and cheering as these guys tear into each other for a few minutes. Bob gets the upper hand, swings Tully to the ropes and gives him a big back body drop. Tully bounces around and staggers up as Bob clotheslines him down. Baby Doll gets on the apron. Bob heads towards her.

WHAM! 

Bob is jumped from behind by Southern Justice! The Batten's put the boots to Bob. The fans roar as Steve and Scott Armstrong hit the ring! Everybody is fighting into the commercial break. 

battens.jpg.893cb17d551a149ea3ddc5a84c84d929.jpgarmstrongs.jpg.fc2f6245da77b8592f142ee0a848f72f.jpg

Commercial Break

Lance: My goodness that escalated into a full scale brawl. This feud has gotten out of control. Switching gears, last weekend in Dallas we saw George Wells return to the USWA with Gerry Morrow as they attacked the Syndicate and costed them their match with the Club. Before they hit the ring, I wanted to get a word in.

The fans cheer as George Wells and Gerry Morrow head to the podium. 

wells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpggerry.jpg.49c54172188609bdb635fbf87f720d69.jpg

Wells: Oh it feels good to be back and brother it felt great to get some payback on that ungrateful and cowardly Brian Adias. Brian you blamed me for losing the Central States tag titles. So you beat me down and then you went and aligned yourself with Carl Fergie and found a new partner Gary Young. Brother that's fine with me because I went and found a partner I can depend on. This here is Gerry Morrow and you can call us the Master G's! Adias, if you want some more, come and get it! 

The Master G's vs. Gary Williams and Trent Watkins

The Master G's are on fire tonight and win the match with a double running shoulder tackle! 

Commercial Break 

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. Neil Curry

afi.jpg.69cc7f3d688142675d8d42ccf73ac06a.jpg 

Afi slams Curry down and climbs to the top rope then crashes down with a diving headbutt to get the pin! The fans cheer as Afi does a little dance and flashes the hang loose sign. 

Lance: Impressive win for Siva Afi. I've been told that Siva will be one of eight men in the upcoming Parade of Champions Battle Royal. Speaking of that, another man that will be involved is Ted Arcidi. 

Boos as Arcidi comes on screen and flexes. 

arcidi.png.1032f19a9c0c2281c9f60905cb0e11c5.png

Lance: Ted Arcidi, for some reason you have targeted Buzz Tyler. Just what is your beef with him? And by the way, he will also be in the battle royal.

Arcidi: It's simple! There's only room for one big man and you're looking at him. He calls himself the Avalanche...HA! Look at him and look at me. He don't even compare. I'm going to mow him down in that battle royal and then I'm going to press him up and throw him over the top rope! I'm winning the battle royal and aint nobody gonna stop me! 

Commercial Break 

"The Patrolman" Dale Veasey vs. Sam Smith 

veasey.png.f9f7c6b10c81aac9dabbc591594d411e.png

Veasey swings Smith to the ropes and puts him down with a flying back elbow smash then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop for the pin! Lance announces that Veasey will be in the Parade of Champions Battle Royal. 

The Fabulous Blondes vs. William Hillman and Vic Dutro

chick.jpg.c5d247e42cb1ea4e0a508ccb5cf7819b.jpgregal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpg

The Blondes hit a double free fall slam on Dutro and follow with a double suplex for the win. The fans boo as they strut to the podium. 

Regal: Hey Chick, did you see the Club last week? 

Chick: New look same old losers

Regal: (Laughs) You talk about two guys with zero charisma. So what do they do? They take advice from a 90 year old. Pathetic! They're the club alright. 

Chick: Yea the boring old timers club. 

They walk away laughing. 

Lance: They better watch themselves. Mike George and Art Crews certainly get the job done in the ring. 

Commercial Break 

"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. Mark McCall 

oliver.jpg.9d1faa45f0396412d6568b916f64251b.jpg

Oliver hops up on the middle ropes. McCall staggers up and Oliver nails him with a flying forearm blast for the pin! 

Oliver raises his fist to the fans and WHAM! He's clotheslined from behind by Mean Mike Miller!! Miller pounds away on Oliver then slams him down. Miller climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a flying leg drop! The fans boo as Miller goes back to the top rope and crashes down with another flying leg drop! 

The fans boo as Carl Fergie heads to the podium with a briefcase. Miller stomps on Oliver then exits the ring to join Fergie.

fergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpg

Lance: Alright, just what was that all about? Jumping a man from behind, I should of known you were behind this Fergie.

Fergie: Shut up Nerd! For the millionth time, it's Cool Carl Fergie. Now that sap you see lying in the ring has attacked and abused me several times and so I went and did something about it. I went and got the number one henchmen in the business. Mr. Miller, this belongs to you. 

Fergie hands him the briefcase. Miller opens it and smiles at the money then shakes Fergie's hand. 

miller.jpg.a80ec15868fd9a1100dde83fee811a15.jpg

Miller: We can do business anytime.

Miller exits.

Fergie: Now listen up because tonight is Fergie's night. First off, Master G's you made a terrible mistake and boys you will pay because I made sure the Syndicate will get payback at Parade of Champions. And then we'll prove why George Wells is a weak link. Wendell Cooley! Last week you got so lucky. This is a warning, Johnny Rich isn't through with you. And now for the biggest announcement of the year. I am coming out of retirement and will participate in the Parade of Champions battle royal! Yes! That's right, I'm coming back and I'm going to win the 50 grand and that beautiful trophy. I told you four eyes, this is Fergie's night! 

Lance: Oh yea what a bombshell. That man is really full of it. 

Commercial Break 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

brito.jpg.8abf5075b90fbf24528b06dd3d8303e8.jpg

Pretty good TV match as both men display some solid wrestling skills. Brito takes control and executes a vertical suplex. Brito swings off the ropes but Thornton trips him. Brito staggers then turns around and heads towards Thornton. Thornton waves his arms in denial. St. Clair comes up from behind, Brito turns around and St. Clair nails him with several European uppercuts then hits a floating butterfly suplex for the 1..2..3! 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpg

Lance: Well thanks to a bit of a distraction, St. Clair gets the win. Joining me now is Sonny King and the Central States Champ Hercules Ayala. 

king.jpg.056737f7d9da124e4efe68c8a4783746.jpg

King: Last week, the Movement called out the so called USWA tag champs the Grapplers and of course the Grapplers are nowhere to be found. Grapplers your time is coming and you best be ready. Now, I'm standing here with the most dominant Central States Champ in history, Hercules Ayala. Now everybody is talking about the Parade of Champions. Here's what I have to say. I'm so confident in Ayala that at Parade of Champions, we are issuing an open challenge to anybody man enough who wants to try and take his title. All I have to say is good luck to the poor slob who takes us up on that.

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Ayala: This title stays with me! 

Commercial Break 

Karachi Vice vs. Harold Helms and Frank Grimes 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Pure squash as Makhan hits a big splash and Gama follows with the Camel Clutch for the easy win. Boos as they head to the podium. 

Gama: I told you we were going to eliminate and destroy Bruce Hart and John Quinn. Last week on TV we got rid of Quinn and in Memphis we gave Bruce such a beating I'm positive he will never show his face here again! Mission accomplished! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Please welcome out Jerry the King Lawler! 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Thundering cheers as Lawler walks out.

Lance: We all heard the challenge made by Adrian Adonis last week. He wants you in a street fight at Parade of Champions. We saw Adonis make his return in Memphis and the two of you had quite a brawl. Jerry, will a street fight finally end all this? 

Lawler: That fat slob doesn't have to ask me twice. He wants a street fight? Damn right I accept! And Lance, I'll make certain this ends because Adonis isn't getting up after these fists pound on him! 

Lance: Ok, the King has spoken. Our TV title match when we come back. 

TV Title Bout 

Rick Martel (C) vs. "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley 

martel.jpg.8791508a0ed5421c50669b83b91624b0.jpgwendell.jpg.3f16e8749a246c99075a8ebc9316640c.jpg

The match starts with a handshake. The first few minutes is fast paced and full of hip tosses, dropkicks, slams and near falls. Cooley takes control and almost pins Martel with a roll up. Martel comes back and applies the Boston Crab. Martel wrenches away. Cooley wont submit. The bell rings as the 10 minute time limit expires. Martel gets up and helps Cooley up. There's a bit of disappointment. An official comes out and says something to Lance Russell then walks over and tells the ring announcer. 

Lance: Fans, I've been told that this match will go into overtime and there will be a winner. 

The fans cheer as this is announced. 

Commercial Break 

The bell rings and the match starts back up. Martel hits a backbreaker then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop but Cooley moves. Cooley regroups. Cooley swings Martel to the ropes and back drops him. Martel staggers up and Cooley scoop slams him then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Martel gets his shoulder up. Cooley cant believe it. Cooley swings Martel to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Martel executes a sunset flip 1..2..3! Cooley kicks out a second to late. 

Martel and Cooley rise up. The Ref hands Martel the title. Martel extends his hand. Cooley shakes it and raises Martel's arm as the fans cheer. 

Lance calls both men over.

Lance: What an outstanding match. That was great. Rick, last week Les Thornton made some remarks about his man Tony St. Clair wanting a shot. 

Martel: I want to first off congratulate Wendell Cooley on a tremendous match. There was no way I was going to overlook him. Tony St. Clair is a first rate wrestler and if he wants a shot that's fine by me. 

Martel shakes Cooley's hand and pats him on the back then leaves. 

Lance: Wendell you should be proud.

Cooley: I gave Martel everything I had but just came up short. I defia….

WHAM! 

rich.jpg.01e6644ef20f5e33a3772ec1d8b14739.jpg

Johnny Rich blasts Cooley from behind then picks him up and rams him into the steel post! Cooley is busted open. Rich picks him up and slams his head on the apron! 

Cheers as Rick Martel runs out. Rich quickly runs away. Martel attends to Cooley. 

Boos as Thornton and St. Clair come out. 

Martel looks at them as several trainees come out to help Cooley. 

St. Clair and Thornton smile as St. Clair motions around his waist and points to Martel's title. 

Commercial Break 

American Made vs. Steven Jones and Todd Rooney 

kircner.jpg.093c3f88514003847fa0f1c773f92a79.jpgkernodle.jpg.877ef7193c828f7ecf019f77bc343378.jpg

Kirchner hits a fallaway slam on Rooney and tags in Kernodle who finishes things off with a fireman's carry slam! 

Lance informs us that next week, Ron Slinker has a special challenge for American Made. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, in my hand I have the official contract for the USWA Heavyweight title match at Parade of Champions. I want to bring out both the champion and challenger for their signatures. 

Cheers as Kerry Von Erich comes out smiling and pumping his fists.

kerry.jpg.61e2c7ef25394dcb31eaaeaa6515875b.jpg

Boos as Bock comes out. Bock doesn't look like his usual arrogant and confident self. 

bockwinkel.jpg.dc4e52d5e7315d11b9084d15ece22014.jpg

Lance: Ok gentleman all we need is for you to sign and this historic match will be official. Kerry, I'll start with you and feel free to say some words. 

Kerry smiles and signs. 

Kerry: Nick, I told you I have the upmost respect for your ability and I do. However, you disrespected all my hometown fans and the Sportatorium. I beat you on TV and now I'm set to win that title. 

Lance: Floor's yours champ.

Bock hesitates then reads over the contract. Bock pauses then signs it.

Bock: Kerry... last week was a fluke, plain and simple. I took things lightly and was caught off guard. You got lucky and that's all there is to it. Lightning wont strike twice especially in Texas. Speaking of Texas, I meant every word. There is no way I'm going to drop this prestigious title to you and in Texas. Mr. Russell, can you just imagine this man as champ? This lucky hick.

Lance: Now wait a minute, just hold on.

Kerry: (Steps closer) This lucky hick beat you once and brother I'll do it again!

Lance: Relax gentleman. WHOA! 

Bock nails Kerry across his head with the title!!! 

Bock drags a bloody faced Kerry out and applies the Indian Deathlock right there in front of the podium as the show ends. 

Parade of Champions Segment w/Jerry Jarrett 

Jarrett: I want to thank all our loyal fans for their ongoing support. I'm very pleased with the USWA as we present the Parade of Champions on May 23rd from the Texas Stadium. The event will be broadcasted on Closed Circuit Television. There's a lot of bad blood and I want these feuds resolved. Here are the matches announced so far. 

Nick Bockwinkel (C) vs. Kerry Von Erich 

Central States Open Challenge Match 

Hercules Ayala (C) w/Sonny King vs. ???

Anything Goes Street Fight! 

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Adrian Adonis 

TV Title Bout 

Rick Martel (C) vs. Tony "Simply The Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton 

Just Announced 

STEEL CAGE MATCH!! 

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong vs. Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll 

Winner gets a future USWA Title Shot 

Carlos Colon vs. "Outlaw" Ron Bass

Tornado Match

Southern Justice vs. Scott and Steve Armstrong 

Master G's vs. The Syndicate w/"Cool" Carl Fergie 

Special Challenge Match

"Crippler" Rip Oliver vs. Mean Mike Miller 

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley vs. "The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie

8-Man Battle Royal- Winner receives 50,000 dollars and a Parade of Champions Trophy 

Siva Afi, Bulldog Bob Brown, Ted Arcidi, Buzz Tyler, Dale Veasey, Chief Joe Lightfoot, Gino Brito Jr., and "Cool" Carl Fergie 

More matches to be announced

Good God, what a stacked card for Parade of Champions. Feud will be settled, titles on the line, and a battle royal for 50k. All that and Kerry on top!! USWA is about to draw huge in Texas!!

Something just feels right about Tully feuding with the Armstrongs! Digging it.

As always, loving the way you get the most out of everybody. The Master G's and The Patrolman are awesome!!

The Donovan/Regal team is one of my favorites, and I hope they move up the card fast.

Rip Oliver is having a rough time around here. Hoping to see him start kicking some ass soon.

The Adonis/Lawler street fight is going to be a bloodbath, and I can't wait!!

Cooley comes so close to taking yet another title!! When he finally gets his big win, you are gonna have a serious star on your hands. The feud with Rich is also heating up very nicely.

Bockwinkel draws blood and the Texas fans may roast him on a fire before Parade if they get hold of him!! 

Kerry vs Nick is a great main event and I am really looking forward to it.

Actually, if I hadn't stopped running World Class, I was building to Kevin being the guy to take the title from Bockwinkel at my own Parade of Champions on the 1st Anniversary of David's death. So you running Nick and Kerry is kind of an awesome coincidence!

Great stuff as always dude! 

Parade of Champions is going to be awesome!  Really looking forward to Bock vs Kerry and the Street Fight

Tully and Armstrong is a perfect Southern feud.  Keep it going!

Tag Team Division is Must Watch TV as we have so many good teams trying to rise up!  I am leaning towards Karachi Vice and the Movement to give the Grapplers some real challenges when all is said and done but you have so many choices!

Like Rip Oliver as a babyface.  Never saw too much of him but most of what I did was as a heel.  Enjoying the feud with Mean Mike

The Cooley angle of being so close each week is interesting.  It gives you a lot of choices.  He could fall flat on his face, get over big time, get frustrated... who knows but that is what makes it great.

Bock draws blood but he is going to have to Kill Kerry to beat him in Texas Stadium!

Can't wait for the next show

USWA @ The Hammond Civic Center 4-26-85

The Club w/Arnold Skaaland vs. The Fabulous Blondes 

Pretty solid opener as both teams are looking to rise the ranks. 10 minutes isn't enough time as they battle to a draw. After the match, tempers flare and both teams have a shoving match. Skaaland calms his guys down and escorts them out of the ring. 

Official Ruling- A Draw

"Outlaw" Ron Bass vs. Chief Joe Lightfoot 

Lightfoot is on fire as he dominates early with some high octane offense.  Bass turns things around with a clothesline then follows with the gourdbuster for the win. 

Winner of the Match- Ron Bass

"The Polynesian Prince" Siva Afi vs. "Bulldog" Bob Brown 

Afi is undefeated since arriving to the USWA and the Bulldog wants to put an end to that tonight. Afi is in serious trouble as Brown takes it to him. Brown hurls Afi to the outside. Afi gets on the apron at the Ref's count of 8. Brown grabs Afi but Afi nails him with a shoulder thrust and follows with a sunset flip over the ropes for the 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Siva Afi 

American Made vs. "Captain" Ron Slinker and "The Patrolman" Dale Veasy

Slinker has teamed with multiple partners to try and beat American Made but so far has come up short. Tonight Slinker enlists The Patrolman. Veasey and Slinker give American Made a run for their money but in the end Slinker takes a Fallaway Slam from Kirchner to eat another pin. 

Winners of the Match- American Made

"Avalanche" Buzz Tyler vs. "The World's Strongest Man" Ted Arcidi

Since coming to the USWA, Arcidi has targeted Tyler. Tyler is game tonight as he takes it to Arcidi. After a not so pretty 5 minutes, Tyler is punching away on Arcidi in the corner. Arcidi grabs Tyler's legs and takes him down. Arcidi puts his feet on the turnbuckles and pushes Tyler's legs forward as the Ref counts 1..2..3!  

Winner of the Match- Ted Arcidi 

Central States Title Bout 

Hercules Ayala (C) vs. Carlos Colon

Sonny King is booked elsewhere tonight which probably makes Colon happy. The bell rings and these two rivals go at it non stop. It doesn't take long before both men are bleeding. Ayala takes control with an eye rake, kick to the mid section and gut wrench suplex but cant put Colon away. Ayala angrily stomps on Colon then picks him up and slams him down. Ayala hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Colon gets his shoulder up. Ayala bites Colon's bloody head then chokes away. Ayala swings Colon to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Colon kicks him. Colon fires up and punches away on Ayala. Ayala gauges the eyes and swings Colon to the corner and charges in but Colon moves. Ayala hits hard and staggers back. Colon hops on the middle ropes and hits a diving clothesline 1..2..3!!!! 

The fans erupt!!!! 

The Winner of the Match and NEW Central States Champion- Carlos Colon! 

"The Memphis Mafia Man" Johnny Rich w/"Cool" Carl Fergie vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

Rich controls early by attacking Brito (Fergie was distracting him) at the bell. Brito makes a great comeback and has Rich on the run. Brito is firing on all cylinders until Fergie gets on the apron to distract him. Brito runs and takes a swing but Fergie hops down in a hurry. Rich gets up and nails Brito from behind then rolls him up with a handful of tights 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Johnny Rich

Jerry "The King" Lawler and the Armstrong's (Bob, Steve and Scott) vs. Adrian Adonis, Southern Justice and Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll 

Talk about a main event! The Ref tries his best but the match gets out of control several times. This match has the fans up and cheering for 45 minutes. Everybody gets their shine. Even Baby Doll gets her slaps in. Things get crazy every time Bob and Tully have an exchange. Things get even more wild when Lawler and Adonis have their moments. After 40 minutes of non stop action everybody is in the ring brawling. The Ref just lets it go. Tully and Bob are on the outside brawling. Scott and Steve are going toe to toe with the Batten's. Lawler and Adonis are having a furious exchange. The Armstrong's double clothesline Mark Batten out of the ring. Lawler back drops Adonis over the top rope. Lawler hops on the middle ropes. The Armstrong's nail Brad Batten with a double dropkick and Lawler follows with a diving fist drop 1..2..3! 

MASSIVE POP! 

Lawler gets up to celebrate but Adonis runs in the ring and nails him with a clothesline from behind! Tully and Bob are still fighting on the outside. Baby Doll doesn't even want to try and interfere. The Armstrong's go after Adonis but Adonis gets out of there. Baby Doll finally manages to get Tully out. Bob gets back in the ring. They help Lawler up and the fans cheer as they stand tall.

Winners of the Match- Jerry Lawler and The Armstrong's 

Nice 8 match card here at the Hammond Center.

Carlos with the big title win for the title!  Interested to see what is next for both of these guys.  I admit, I never saw too much of these guys in real life but from what I did see, they were really good.  Colon could do it all!  Ayala was a very good heel powerhouse.  Glad you have built them up in this game.  

Liking the Memphis Mafia Man.  Wonder how big Rich could have become with a bit of a heel push!  Worked for 

Like Arcidi getting some attention.  He seemed to be on the fast track in the WWF and then just fell off the map.  Tyler is a great wrestler to get Ted over!

The Main Event was perfectly booked!  The fans go happy and all of the feuds continue!

What a way to kick off the show with Tully vs. Bullet Bob! Classic southern TV wrestling here, played to perfection with a hot feud put in a match on tv when interference causes a DQ and now I'm even more motivated to see these guys go at in a match where they're able to go one on one….without interference….not to mention, Southern Justice vs. Scott/Steve still has steam as well!

The Masters Gs are going to mean trouble for Adias/Young…..this should be a fun little feud.

I think Ted Arcidi has to be a huge a favorite to win that POC Battle Royal

Mean Mike Miller is banking some good money here in the USWA being a hired thug….who will be next victim? I think Rip Oliver will take this lying down.

It will be interesting to see who steps up to take Ayala's open challenge….he seems unstoppable at this point

Lawler seems pretty confident going into this fight with Adonis, but he better not underestimate Adrian, no telling what tricks he has up his sleeve for this one!

Once again Wendell Cooley comes oh so close once again, but just a little bit short….but continues the fans respect with each outing……however, not the respect of Johnny Rich…."the Memphis Mafia Man" still has a bone to pick with the 'Wildcat'!

American Made continues to rack up the wins! I look forward to seeing Slinker's challenge

Great segment to end the show to get Bockwinkel some heat back on Kerry and let the fans know this may not be the forgone conclusion they think it is…..in the words of the Beastie Boys….Bock is "crafty".

Huge card lined up that should pack the house for Parade of Champions!

On to the house show!

The Club draws with the Blonde….much more to come with these two teams

The gourdbuster is serving Ron Bass well here as the wins continue

Speaking of wins, who will stop the winning ways of Sivi Afi??

Slinker just can't find the partner that can help him get the win over American Made, perhaps he has someone special in mind for next week's challenge

Ted Arcidi continues to get the best of the Avalanche.

WOW! Colon capitalizes on the absence of Sonny King and manages to take the Central States title from Hercules Ayala! What a treat for the fans in Hammond!  Colon better be ready to fight for his life to keep that title because Sonny King will be looking to get that rematch sooner rather than later I'm sure!

A much needed with for Johnny Rich who I'm sure will try to use that momentum to get a win over this rival Wendell Cooley.

MASSSIVE Main Event for the fans here…..grudges and scores to settle everywhere you look in this one! Nice win for the babyfaces here but nothing is settled heading towards POC!

Great shows!