Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 1-8-86

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Let's get right into it. Mark these dates down, February 12th, 13th and 14th. Those will be the dates of the David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament. The USWA, Twin States and Texas All-Star will combine to have an incredible 32 teams competing. It's going to be 3 days of non stop tag team action. You'll see the matches right here on the USA Network. More details to come. Also at that event, Terry Funk will defend the USWA world title against the winner of tomorrow night's battle royal at the Dunn Center. On that note, I want to bring out one of the participants. Fans, you're going to love this. Please welcome none other than the American Dream Dusty Rhodes! 

dusty.jpg.1a75b592db6ccc0514c7f57e3aff4a2b.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as Dusty walks out. The fans start chanting Dusty! Dusty! Dusty! 

Lance: Dusty Rhodes, welcome to the USWA. I still can't believe you're here. 

Dusty: Do not adjust your television sets. The American Dream is here, live and in person baby! Now Lance, I'm sure you and all these great hard working people want to know why the Dream is here. I'll tell you why. I'm here for the USWA World title baby! The first step is the big battle royal at the Dunn Center. The Dream is in and I plan on winning it and getting that shot in Texas! So get ready USWA because the American Dream has arrived! 

Dusty raises his arms to the cheering fans and heads out.

Lance: There you have it, signed sealed and delivered. The American Dream Dusty Rhodes is here and will be in the battle royal. Unbelievable. Fans, let's go to the ring.

Central States Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney 

The fans cheer as the Bruise Brothers come out to the "Peter Gunn" theme song. They've got their sparkling blue vests, headbands and blue wrestling pants on. They take off their titles and hold them high. 

It's all Bruise Brothers as they give their opponents a pounding. The match ends when Cash nails Rooney with a cross body headbutt, then tags in Snowman, who finishes things off with a running powerslam! 

Bruise Brothers cut an exciting promo and say if Paul Jones and his Devil's Duo want another shot then they're more than willing to give it. They end the promo by putting their names in the DVE tag team tournament! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from the Cook Convention Center is shown as Cocoa Samoa is announced as Siva Afi's mystery partner. Cocoa and Siva put down Hard Knocks is decisive fashion. 

Lance: What a moment that was. I understand Siva and Cocoa are calling themselves the South Pacific Connection and will be involved in the DVE....

Hard Knocks (Flowers and Meyers) come out.

Flowers: Oh laugh it up Lance. Those savages caught us off guard but later tonight we're going to show them what Hard Knocks is all about! 

Myers: We weren't ready that night and we were victims of a trap. But we assure you, tonight Hard Knocks is ready and those island boys better be ready for a first class beating! 

Lance: Well we'll see about that later tonight. Fans, back to the ring.

TNT w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Clinton Stitch 

tnt.jpg.6513d0b77160105bc7de2f9656553edd.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

TNT punishes his opponent with a variety of martial arts moves before finishing him off with the cobra clutch! 

Footage from last week is shown as Kamala costs Colon his match against Terry Funk. Kamala then splashes Colon 3 times before Billy Jack Strong runs in with a chair. 

IaukeaI told you the monster was coming and he has arrived. Kamala is here! Kamala will be in the battle royal and Kamala will win it! Carlos Colon! I hear you will be in the battle royal. You're a stupid man Colon and tomorrow night will be the end of you! As for you Billy Jack Strong. You are now an enemy and TNT will dismantle you! Nobody can stop us and it's only the beginning! 

Lance: Once again, very ominous words from Curtis Iaukea. I do hope Carlos Colon knows what he's doing by entering the battle royal. I know his ribs are in bad shape. When we come back, Big Man Steel makes his debut. 

Commercial Break 

Big Man Steel vs. Willie Lopez 

steel.jpg.0ad0438943194106de50db3cdcf06d81.jpg

Steel swings Lopez into the corner and follows with an avalanche! Steel grabs Lopez and finishes him off with a bearhug slam! WOW! 

Lance: Talk about a huge debut! Man, that was impressive! I know he will be in the battle royal and....

Boos as Kevin Kelly and the Vin Man come out. 

VIn: Impressive? (Laughs) Mr. Magnificent Kevin Kelly is impressive. Just look at him.

Lance: Ok, since you're out here I want to ask you and Mr. Magnificent something. At the Cook Convention Center, Kelly slammed Tom Magee's face first into a chair. The kid had to be stretchered out and I don't know if we'll ever see him here again. Tom Magee had a ton of potential and the USWA were expecting big things from him but now thanks to that despicable act, that's all washed away. What do you have to say? 

Kelly: Awwwww poor Tommy Magee. Hey, he hit Vinnie first and Vinnie is family. Let that be a warning to anyone who messes with Vinnie. Magee didn't belong in this business and I gave him a way out. Enough said. Now Lance, who was that guy in the ring you called impressive? 

Lance: His name is Big Man Steel.

Kelly: More like Big Fat Man. (Laughs) I will be more than happy to put him out of wrestling as well. 

Vin: Well said Mr. Magnificent. I'm telling you, 1986 is going to be your year. Lance, you're out here talking about the big tag team tournament, well guess what? Next week I will unveil Bodacious. And when everybody sees them, well, they'll be in the tournament. Guaranteed, cuz the Vin Man said so...YEA! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well fans, it's time for the long awaited return of the Fabulous Ones! Let's go to the ring.

The Fabulous Ones vs. Vic Dutro and Arnold Goldstein 

The Fabs come out to the Busboys "Boys are back in town" as the fans are cheering. The girls are all over them as the Fabs hug their way to the ring. 

Fabs work over their opponents with good old fashion tag team wrestling. The end comes when Lane nails Dutro with a crescent kick and Keirn executes a bridging back suplex for the 1..2..3! 

The fans cheer as the Fabs celebrate.

WHAM!!! 

They're attacked from behind by ROB FULLER and JIMMY GOLDEN!!! 

Fuller and Golden beat them down then hurl Keirn out of the ring. Golden hoists Lane up as Fuller hops on the middle ropes. The fans gasp as they drop Lane with a spike piledriver!!! 

Officials run in as Fuller and Golden smile and head to the podium. 

Lance: Wait a minute! Hold on! Just what the hell was that and why are you two here? 

Fuller: My cousin Jimmy and I were all set to show up when we heard the Fabulous Ones were coming. Well now, we couldn't have those two teeny bopp'n punks upstage us, now could we? Now we need to talk business on behalf of my brother Ron.  There's a battle royal tomorrow night for an opportunity at the world title. Well, the so called powers that be damn well know that Ron has previous booking commitments. Ron will be here next week and I'll tell ya, he's gonna have a lot to say. 

Jimmy: And as for you not so fabulous ones, you want to step in the ring with the big boys? We'll be waiting! 

Lance: Well it appears, the Fullers and Jimmy Golden have big plans. I know the Fabulous Ones wont back down. 

Commercial Break 

A Vignette is shown of a huge man in a wrecking yard, destroying cars with a sledgehammer. 

NORD THE BARBARIAN IS COMMING!

nord.jpg.c8dddd0f870bc577e0bdc6327ba858b2.jpg

Footage from last week's Beauty Shop is shown as Mike George pops the cork and sprays Brenda with champagne. 

Lance: Fans, I've been informed that Brenda Britton is still upset about last week's Beauty Shop and there will be no Beauty Shop this week. She says she'll be back next week with a true gentleman, Gerry Morrow. Some gentleman, at the Cook Center he busted George Wells over the head with his self proclaimed title. Right now I want to bring in a man who's set to make his USWA debut tonight. Please welcome out the Soul man Rocky Johnson! 

"Soul Man" plays over the speakers as Rocky Johnson comes out to a big ovation. 

Johnson: Lance brother, it's great to be here and brother the soul man is going to be in that battle royal and right now I'm going to get tuned up and ready! 

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson vs. Neil Curry 

rocky.jpg.33d34a96959ea66ea5801042a78de6c3.jpg

Johnson shuffles and hammers Curry with several lighting quick jabs, then puts him down with a big right punch. Curry starts to stagger up and Johnson executes a sunset flip 1..2..3! 

Commercial Break 

Footage from the Cook Convention Center is shown as Dick Slater retains his Mid America title over Dream Machine in a bloody No DQ Match

Lance: I know Dick Slater is happy to have finally put an end to his feud with Dream Machine. I understand Slater will be here next week and we'll find out who his next challenger is. Ok, right now I'm here with Paul Jones

Jones: Lance, I came here to make my presence known and to do that you need an army. I have the soon to be Central States tag team champs, the Devil's Duo and tonight I have the final piece of the puzzle. The most dangerous man in wrestling. Please welcome out the newest member of the Paul Jones Army, The Spoiler! 

spoiler.jpg.471a683dfeda098636a1e7ab60e6fa9f.jpg

Spoiler comes out wearing a nice suit that matches well with his mask. 

Jones: Welcome Spoiler. I know we will rule this place.

Spoiler: Mr. Jones, I am honored that you would want my services but to be honest, after my dealings in Texas with Skandor Akbar, I've decided to go on my own. 

Jones: Ok, just relax. I'm not Skandor Akbar. Things with me will be different. I know you've got a brain somewhere inside that mask so just think and you will see that I can do big things for you. Just think for a second. 

Spoiler: I do have a brain and I do have a gut and both are telling me it's time to end dealings with managers. Thank you but I respectfully decline. 

Spoiler starts to walk away but Jones grabs his arm.

Jones: Oh no! How dare you come out and embarrass me like that. Nobody does that to Paul Jones! You're past your prime but I could of done something for you, but instead you're to stupid to see a grand opportunity right in front of your stupid face.

Jones starts poking the Spoiler's chest.

The fans go wild as Spoiler pushes Paul Jones down! 

Spoiler leaves as Paul Jones sits there and throws a tantrum. 

Commercial Break 

Billy Jack Strong vs. Ray Glader 

Strong shows off his power with several slams and suplexes. Strong hoists Glader up and puts him down with a delayed brainbuster for the win! 

Strong gives the fans a double bicep pose. 

Boos as TNT hits the ring but Strong turns around and pounds away then sends him up and over with a overhead back suplex! 

Wait a minute! Iaukea is leading somebody to the ring. It's Maniac MARK LEWIN! 

lewin.jpg.c20b8b55a834aa54fba7c171c19c9975.jpg

Lewin nails Strong from behind, then clamps on a sleeper. Lewin's eyes are rolled up as he wrenches away. TNT staggers over and hits Strong with several kicks as Iaukea cheers them on. 

Massive cheers as Rocky Johnson hits the ring! Johnson clotheslines TNT down! Lewin throws Strong down and heads towards Johnson. Several prelim wrestlers run in and separate them. Johnson is fired up as Lewin walks around with his eyes rolled up. Iaukea is yelling at Johnson "Big Mistake! Big Mistake!" 

Lance: We've got a violate situation. Fans, we'll be back.

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, things have settled down. Rocky Johnson helped Steve Strong to the back. Curtis Iaukea is forming a very evil and dangerous group as Mark Lewin has arrived. My goodness. Before we get to our main event, joining me now is Les Thornton and the current TV champion Tony St. Clair. 

St. Clair is wearing a nice suit with the TV title on his shoulder as Les waves the UK flag. 

Les: Lance, you will address the Television Champion as Tony Simply the Best St. Clair. Do you understand? 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) Yea I get it. Ok, Simply the Best will defend his TV title against Mike George next week. Will Mike be the one to end the long reign of the champ? 

Les: (scoffs) You can't be serious? Mike George? Do you really think a man who's moniker is Bulldog will defeat the greatest champion in USWA history? I think not. 

Tony: Lance, I am a wrestling machine. I'm managed by a man who knows 1,000 holds. I've held this title for almost 8 months and most of all I'm from the UK. That makes me superior.

Les: (waves the flag) You can't deny that we've more than proven UK wrestling is superior. Good day Lance. 

Lance: I think their overconfidence is going to get the better of them and it might be next week. Back to the ring.  

The South Pacific Connection (Siva and Cocoa) vs. Hard Knocks (Myers and Flowers) 

afi.jpg.69cc7f3d688142675d8d42ccf73ac06a.jpgcocoa.jpg.70f53fe50b5b7f73dfdb2f77900b6905.jpgduke.jpg.f54bc561cfa7ff5c8d2585ec49c1b27d.jpgflowers.jpg.17b9f696296d45596d1eab4605e738a3.jpg

A lot of bad blood and it shows. As soon as Afi and Cocoa hit the ring, Hard Knocks attacks. The bell rings and fists are flying! The Ref shows a lot of leniency and lets them go. Hard Knocks swings SPC to the ropes and go for back drops but they're met with kicks to the heads. Siva swings Myers to the corner and blasts him with chops. Cocoa is all over Flowers in the opposite corner with punches. They swing Hard Knocks into each other. Hard Knocks staggers back and SPC dropkick them back into each other. They pick up Flowers and double headbutt him through the ropes. The Ref finally gets control. 

Siva punches away on Myers, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Siva swings off the ropes and hits a diving headbutt 1..2..Flowers comes off the top rope with a knee drop! Cocoa runs in but the Ref guides him back. Flowers executes a rib breaker on Siva then drags Myers to the corner and tags himself in. Flowers vertical suplexes Siva, then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Cocoa breaks it. Myers runs in but the Ref guides him back. Cocoa picks up Flowers and drops him with a jumping headbutt, then drags Siva to the corner and tags himself in. 

Cocoa swings Flowers to the corner, hops on the middle ropes and pounds away on Flowers, then monkey flips him over. Cocoa hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Myers kicks him to break the count. The Ref guides Myers back. Cocoa staggers up and swings off the ropes but Myers nails him with a knee to the back. Flowers crawls over and tags in Myers. Myers hammers away on Cocoa with several rabbit punches. Myers grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Cocoa then gives him a boot rake. Myers slams Cocoa and drops an elbow 1..2..Siva breaks it. Flowers runs in but Siva clotheslines him down. Siva goes back to his corner and cheers Cocoa on. 

Myers staggers up but Cocoa puts him down with a dropkick, then dives over and tags in Siva! Siva unloads on Myers, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big chop! Flowers runs in and Siva chops him down. Siva swings Myers to the ropes and puts him down with a superkick! Flowers runs in but Cocoa tackles him and unloads. Siva slams Myers then goes to the top rope. Cocoa hurls Flowers out of the ring as Siva hits the Superfly Splash on Myers 1..2..3!!! 

Huge Pop! 

Siva and Cocoa hug, then flash the fans the 'Hang loose' sign. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: The South Pacific Connection score another impressive win over Hard Knocks. I'm sure we'll be seeing Siva and Cocoa in the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament next month. Speaking of that, my guest at this time is the USWA World Champion, Terry Funk. 

funk.png.969ae8dd903d66ba64eac48d5846e467.png

Boos as Funk comes out in a black poncho and black cowboy hat, waving around his USWA title. 

Lance: Terry, as the world champ, you've got a lot on your plate. I hear Twin States is running a tournament with the winner getting a future title shot. Tomorrow night at the Dunn Center, the winner of the battle royal will get the shot at the David Von Erich Memorial tag team tournament. 

Funk: Lance Russell, do I look worried? Hell no, I'm not worried! Whoever wins a tournament, whoever wins a battle royal, it doesn't matter because I'm going to beat the living hell out of all of them! I do want to say one thing. If there is a man I hate more than Jerry Lawler, it's that pig Dusty Rhodes. Who does he think he is, coming in here and saying he's going to be champ. Over my dead body Rhodes! Yea, I'm going to defend this title once again in Texas (long pause) Lance, I just had a brilliant idea! What if my brother Dory and I entered the tournament? What if? 

Lance: I'm not sure you would want to do that. I mean you're already scheduled for a title defense.

Funk grabs Lance by his jacket. 

Lance: Come on Terry, will you relax. 

Funk: A Funk is double tough, something a no talent swine like you would ever understand. I'm calling Dory and you can bet every damn dollar you have, that the Funks will be in that tournament! The Funks will win that tournament and I will be holding this here title high as well. 

Funk stares Lance down before leaving.

Lance: I...Ok, well we'll see what happens. Fans, be at the Dunn Center tomorrow night to find out who will get the title shot at the David Von Erich Memorial tag team Tournament. I'll see you next week as Tony St. Clair defends the TV title against Bulldog Mike George.   

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USWA @ The Dunn Center 1-9-86

Tonight's card is a bit different. There will be a USWA tag team title match. Four 6-man tag matches and the battle royal will be the main event. 

Central States Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers and Lance Von Erich

vs.

The Devils Duo w/Paul Jones and "The Lone Wolf Jessie Barr 

During a pier six brawl, Barr nails Lance from behind with a high knee, then rolls him up for the win. After the match, Jones is yelling that the Bruise Brothers owe the Duo a title shot. 

The Rock n Roll RPMS and George Wells 

vs

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow/"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly and "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino 

Fast paced match that ends when the RPMS execute the Spandex Splits on Vin Man for the win. Morrow runs in afterwards but Wells puts him down with a flying shoulder block. 

TV Champ Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton and High Fly'n Fever (Gagne/Savoldi)

vs.

"Bulldog" Mike George and The Technicians (Roop/Rheingans) 

These teams give the fans a good wrestling showcase. At the 25 minute mark, Jessie Barr runs to the ring and yanks Mike George off the apron and starts to unload. Roop hops off the apron to go after Barr. In the ring, Rheingans starts to head out and help his partners but Gagne and Savoldi double dropkick him from behind. St. Clair follows this up with a floating butterfly suplex to get the win. 

Carlos Colon/"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson and Billy Jack Strong 

vs.

Kamala/TNT and "Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea 

Colon's ribs are bandaged from that attack by Kamala. This one is out of control and ends in a DOUBLE DQ. Both teams keep fighting another few minutes after the match. 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) vs. Powerage (Bassarab and Doring)

The champs might of underestimated this young power house team. It's all Powerage for the first few minutes as they throw Karachi Vice totally off guard. Karachi Vice gets control but it doesn't last long. Doring sends Makhan stumbling back to the corner with a running forearm blast. Bassarab leaps off the top rope and crashes down on Gama with a flying leg drop! Bassarab has him covered but the Ref is guiding Doring back to the corner. Makhan runs over and drops a leg on Bassarab's head, then rolls Gama on top. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Champs retain but Powerage gained the fan's respect. 

20-man Battle Royal- Winner will get a USWA World Title shot at the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Participants- Dick Slater, Tony St. Clair, Kamala, Carlos Colon, Dusty Rhodes, Gerry Morrow, Rocky Johnson, TNT, Billy Jack Strong, Mike George, Jessie Barr, Lance Von Erich, The Spoiler, Kevin Kelly, Big Man Steel, Mark Lewin, George Wells, Rip Morgan, Greg Gagne, Makhan Singh 

Dusty Rhodes eliminates Greg Gagne

Big Man Steel eliminates Kevin Kelly

Gerry Morrow eliminates George Wells

Dick Slater eliminates Makhan Singh

Kamala eliminates Big Man Steel

Mike George eliminates Jessie Barr

Tony St. Clair hits George, then Rip Morgan sends George over the top with a big boot

Dusty Rhodes eliminates Tony St. Clair

Dick Slater eliminates Rip Morgan. Morgan wont leave and he gets up and yanks Slater's arm while Gerry Morrow comes from behind and sends Slater over the top. Slater and Morgan brawl around the ring.

Carlos Colon and Rocky Johnson eliminate Kamala

Mark Lewin and TNT eliminate Carlos Colon and Rocky Johnson

Billy Jack Strong and TNT are fighting on the ropes. Spoiler pushes both of them over the top.

Gerry Morrow eliminates The Spoiler. As Spoiler is leaving, Paul Jones comes out to rub it in his face. The fans go wild when Spoiler puts the claw on Jones! Devils Duo runs out but the Bruise Brothers are right behind them. Security swarms them. 

Back to the Battle Royal

It's down to Dusty Rhodes, Gerry Morrow and Lance Von Erich! 

Morrow lowblows Lance and hurls him over the top rope.

Morrow turns around and Dusty puts him down with a clothesline. Dusty reaches down to pick him up, but Morrow rakes his eyes and follows with a hangman's neckbreaker. Morrow staggers up, smiles and holds up his arms in victory. Morrow slowly picks Dusty up but Dusty pushes him off and unloads with several bionic elbows. Dusty grabs Morrow, runs with him and hurls him over the top rope! 

The fans erupt as Dusty showboats around the ring.

Dusty Rhodes will face Terry Funk for the USWA World Title at the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament! 

Well, you certainly can't start a show much bigger than having Dusty freaking Rhodes announce his arrival!! This should be a whole lot of fun!

Bruise Brothers are my favorite team in the USWA! Loving the entrance! They get themselves a nice win, enter the DVEMC, and accept the challenge of the DD! A good night for my boys!

Cocoa showing up here to team with Afi is good stuff. It's funny, I was ready to cut him, then I started the feud with Estrada and when the time came for Samoa to leave town, I'd grown to enjoy writing him. I'm glad he landed here. I know he'll do well!

Loving the Iaukea/Kamala/TNT pairing. They just exude danger.

Big Man Steel makes quite the impressive debut, but apparently it didn't phase Mr. Magnificent and the Vin Man! Kelly did us all a favor and got rid of Magee, but I'm not sure that Big Man Steel will go down so easy. I can't wait to meet Bodacious!!

Ha Ha! So much for the fabulous return of The Fabulous Ones! Fuller and Golden took care of that in short order. That should be a bloody war waiting to happen!

Nord will definitely tear things up in the USWA. He and Rip Morgan should either feud or team up!!

Another big debut as "Soul Man" Rocky Johnson shows up in the USWA! Here is another guy who could certainly make a huge impact. I cut him like an idiot when I was running the WWF, without realizing that in this games continuity he had been the secondary champion for over a year.

Quite a segment with Paul Jones and The Spoiler! Be very interested to see a Spoiler babyface run, and more interested to see how or who Paul Jones brings for revenge.

Iaukea adds Mark Lewin to the mix! Yikes, his stable keeps getting scarier. I hope Rocky Johnson didn't just make a huge mistake getting involved and helping out Strong.

Is Mike George the man to end the reign of Simply the Best? Hell No! St. Clair isn't going to lose to a lowly piece of crap like Mike George!

One hell of a tag team match between Hard Knocks and the SPC. I'd bet that this feud is far from over. SPC could certainly end up being contenders here sooner rather than later!

and we close the show with The Funker! Love It! In the course of the interview we called Dusty a pig, threatened to beat the hell out of all challengers, and crazily decided to enter the DVEMC Tournament on top of defending the title. That friends, is how you write a crazy Terry Funk Interview!!!

On too the Dunn Center!!

The Paul Jones team picks up the win in the opener when Lance takes the fall. This gives the Devils Duo more ammunition for a title shot against the Bruise Brothers. I'm still not sure they know what they are messing with!

Boo! Boo RPM's Boo!!

Boo! Boo Greg Gagne Boo!! Seriously though, St. Clair gets the nice pinfall on Rheingans going into his title defense, and apparently the Barr/George rivalry isn't over yet.

There is no way that these 6 guys don't end in a DQ. That is a war that needs a cage..or barbed wire...or both.

Karachi Vice manages to steal another win and hold onto the tag team titles. This reign is getting to the point where the fans are going to go nuclear when someone finally takes those belts.

Lots of big happenings in the battle royal! Morrow takes out Wells. Dusty takes out St. Clair. A potential Dick Slater/Rip Morgan feud that I am all about!!

The Colon/Johnson/Strong vs Iaukea's Army feud definitely gets advanced!

Spoiler may want him a piece of Morrow once he is done with Jones! Quite a brawl as the DD come to save Jones, then Bruise Brothers come out to brawl with them.

Morrow and Dusty at the end, and the Dream brings it home!

Funk vs Rhodes for the Title in Texas..... Awww Shit.....

Always so much happening in the USWA, but you manage to make it interesting from the top of the card to the bottom. Looking forward to seeing "Simply the Best" retain next week, and definitely looking forward to the build to Funk/Rhodes!!

WOW... beofre I get to the TV show... in just a week you get my Dusty vs Funk!  AWESOME

With Dusty starting off the TV show, the hook was in.

Really liking the Bruise Brothers.  

King Curtis is one scary dude... add TNT and Kamala... Horror Movie.  

Spoiler-Paul Jones is a great feud.  This could be like Jones going after Jimmy Valient in Mid-Atlantic in real life.  It kept that mid-card hot and seeling tickets for months.

Rocky Johnson, Big Man Steel, Nord and Mark Lewin make this new USWA roster fun to watch.  You have some very wild and unpredictable heels and some true babyfaces.  

Awesome start to 1986.  Sorry I feel a little behind but had a busy few weeks.

You can never go wrong kicking off a show with 'the American Dream'! If anyone was on the fence about heading out to the Dunn Center for the Battle Royal....this had to convince them!

The Bruise Brothers have been on fire here recently, they have to hope that momentum carries over for the big DVE tag tournament

King Curtis/Kamala/TNT have quickly established themselves as one of the most dangerous stables in the entire USWA- Colon/Strong better watch their backs at all times!

Looks like Kevin Kelly's confidence is through the roof after taking out Tom Magee....however Big Man Steel may be a much bigger than challenge than he and the Vin Man realize

The long awaited debut of the Fabs gets ruined by Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden! I'm so excited to see Fuller/Golden here...and along with the Tennessee Stud who seemingly ran Jerry Lawler out of the territory....they've all three started out with a bang here!

I'm excited to see where Nord the Barbarian fits in here in the USWA, so many different directions he could go!

The "Soul Man" has arrived! So many new faces flooding into the USWA it's a fun time to be a fan!

I like the swerve of Jones making everyone think that the Spoiler was going to be a part of his Army but the Spoiler has other plans which plays well off of his last angle in Texas recently.

Holy s***, I was just saying how dangerous King Curtis' crew was.....and now we add 'Maniac' Mark Lewin to the mix! Bad news for Colon and Billy Jack but it looks like they have some solid back up in Rocky Johnson.

Nice win for Afi/Samoa....Hard Knocks just can't seem to get it together.

Another great Terry Funk promo.....as he shows he's nuts by not only agreeing to put the USWA World title on the line at the DVE tourney show but insisting that he and Dory enter the tournament as well......I'm not betting against him in either endeavor.

Great TV as always......on to the Dunn Center!

Some fun six man tag combinations here!

Jesse Barr gets the pin on Lance to get a much needed victory for himself and the Devil's Duo!

Even in defeat.....I'm a big fan of the Morrow/Kelly/Vin Man team.  Having watched a good bit of "Champagne" Morrow on Stampede Wrestling on Youtube recently, I'm an even bigger fan of him here....you've done such an amazing job getting him over! 

I'm not sure I've ever disliked a three man team more than St. Clair/Gagne/Savoldi.....well played!

Kamala/TNT/Lewin vs. Colon/Rocky/Strong ended the only way it could at this point....looking forward to much more of this feud!

Karachi Vice retain over the young Powerage team.....it seems the Vice have a stranglehold on those titles!

YES....the battle royal comes down to Rhodes/Morrow.....the Common Man and the Champagne Man.....great way to end this one....and now we know we've got the Dream challenging Funk for the USWA World title at the DVE Memorial show! What else could you ask for in a World title match!?!

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 1-15-86

Footage from the Dunn Center is shown of Dusty Rhodes winning the battle royal.

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Tonight, Tony St. Clair defends the TV title against Mike George. Rocky Johnson will take on Mark Lewin. As you heard last week, Gerry Morrow will be on the Beauty Shop. That and a whole lot more. Well, last week at the Dunn Center, Dusty Rhodes won the battle royal and has earned a USWA World title match against Terry Funk at the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. So please welcome out the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. 

dusty.jpg.1a75b592db6ccc0514c7f57e3aff4a2b.jpg

Huge pop as Dusty walks to the podium. 

Dusty: Lance, once again it's great to be standing right here in the USWA! The American Dream is riding high and ready for my USWA title match at the grand spectacle to honor the late and great David Von Erich. Now the champ Terry Funk and myself have a long, colorful and very violent history. It looks like another chapter in our endless rivalry will continue...

Boos as Ron Fuller walks out. 

ron.jpg.e268a5111d3c4a52aa9ccd196df20aa6.jpg

Fuller: Hold on just one second Dusty. I'm not taking away your accomplishment but you and I both know if I was in the battle royal, I would of walked out the winner. The corrupt powers that be in the USWA knew I had previous booking commitments and could not be at the Dunn Center. It strikes me funny that all this was announced after I beat the so called King right here on national TV. It sounds to me like Jerry Jarrett didn't like what I did to his meal ticket, so he has conspired against me. Regardless, Jerry Lawler is a former AWA world champ and a two time former USWA world champ and I beat him. So in all fairness I deserve the title shot and not you. Now Dusty, I know you're a fair man so why don't you and I have a match tomorrow night at the Louisville Gardens, with your title shot on the line? You know it's the right thing to do Dusty. 

Dusty: Ron Fuller, you and I go way back and I do see your point. You know that I never back down from a fight or a challenge. You want a match? You want me to put my title shot on the line? Consider it done baby! But after it's all said and done and the American Dream is standing tall, I'm going into my title match with a clear conscience. You got that! 

Fuller: Fair enough. I'll see you in Louisville. 

Fuller walks out. 

Dusty: I told all you hard working people that the American Dream is going to take the USWA by storm and that's exactly what I'm going to do. Tomorrow night it's Ron Fuller and then Terry Funk is next! 

Lance: Wow! That's a great way to start off the show. Fans in Louisville better get tickets while you can. Let's get to the ring. 

Powerage (Bassarab and Doring) vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney 

Doring puts Rooney down with a running shoulder block then tags in Bassarab. Bassarab hits a snap suplex then tags in Doring. Doring swings Rooney to the ropes and hits a powerslam then tags in Bassarab. Bassarab goes to the top rope then crashes down with a flying leg drop for the pin! 

Lance: That young team certainly has a bright future in front of them. I understand, next week they will take on Hard Knocks and the winners will be invited to the DVE Memorial Tag Tournament. Once again that tournament will take place on Feb. 12th, 13th and 14th. 

Commercial Break 

Lance Von Erich vs. James Larson 

Lance excites the fans with his high octane offense. Lance slams Larson, then goes to the top rope and finishes things off with a flying elbow drop! 

Lance: Another fantastic win for Lance Von Erich. I understand...

Boos as the USWA tag champs Karachi Vice comes out.

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Makhan: Before you say anything Lance, we're the tag team champions and we have the right to come out here whenever we want. Especially when we have something important to say.

Gama: Makhan is exactly right. We have been champions for months and yet all we hear is how this team almost won the titles or Karachi Vice was lucky to walk away with the titles. Nobody has come close to taking these titles and luck has nothing to do with it. We are a cohesive unit and dominant champions. Now, everybody is talking about this upcoming tournament. We have decided that we will refer to this tournament as the Karachi Vice invitational. All the best teams in the world competing in a tournament named after us. We will win it of course and prove what we've already proven time and time again, that we are the greatest team in the wrestling world! 

Makhan: After the Karachi Vice Invitational, we're going to bring that trophy right here on TV and stuff you in it Lance. 

Lance: Why would you do that? 

Gama: Because you're one of the non believers! 

Commercial Break 

Highlights are shown of Nord the Barbarian destroying several opponents- Nord debuts next week!  

Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Sam Smith 

kamala.jpg.ed53d453588c3457fd73a5e445f9a06f.jpg

Kamala just destroys his opponent as Curtis yells for more punishment. Kamala body slams Smith, swings off the ropes and hits a big splash for the easy pin. Kamala starts choking Smith then picks him up and drops him with a choke slam! Kamala swings off the ropes and hits another splash! Curtis is satisfied and leads Kamala to the podium. Curtis talks as Kamala paces back and forth slapping his stomach. 

Curtis: Carlos Colon! Tomorrow night at the Louisville Gardens, you will go one on one with the monster known as Kamala! He is the Ugandan headhunter and he is coming for your head! As for you Rocky Johnson. You should have never gotten involved. You meet your demise tonight at the hands of Maniac Mark Lewin! There is nobody that can stop us! 

Commercial Break 

George Wells vs. Ray Glader  

Wells swings Glader to the ropes and puts him down with a sphere! Wells backs up and gets in stance. Glader staggers up and Wells puts him down with a running shoulder tackle for the win! 

Wells is joined by Rocky Johnson at the podium. 

Lance: Great win George. I know you have something to say to Gerry Morrow.

Wells: Morrow, I said we had unfinished business and that remains undone. You have another fight coming and it's coming soon! 

Lance: Ok, Rocky, you heard the words of Curtis Iaukea, You meet Mark Lewin in just a little bit. 

Rocky: First off, it's great to be standing here with my old friend George. Many people might not know this but the boots I'm wearing today were given to me by George. And these here boots are going to stomp all over you tonight Mark Lewin! And if Iaukea wants to get involved, well these boots would love to give him a stomp'n too! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: I'm standing here with Chick Donovan. Well Chick it's been awhile. What brings you back? 

donovan.jpg.fed84b89ec1f2dea724437258b7b33c9.jpg

Chick has a sad face.

Chick: I was told to meet somebody out here. 

Boos as the Vin Man and Kevin Kelly stroll out. Vinnie shakes Chick's hand as Kelly smiles and pats Chick on the back.

Vin: Hey Chicky! I called for this meeting. Damn it's great to see you. I have to tell you, I was heartbroken when I saw the Fabulous Blonds break up. I know that must of hurt you both physically and mentally. 

Chick: (sad and nodding) It hurt me really bad. 

Vin: Well, Vinnie's crew is a family and we would never do that to you. Chick, I want you in the family and I want you to be a part of Bodacious. This gets better because here's who your partner will be. Pretty Boy Doug Sommers, come on down! 

sommers.jpg.31ef21eee3e5ef7bebbab1bd95cccaef.jpg

Sommers comes out, shakes hands with Kevin, hugs Vinnie, then shakes Chick's hand and pulls him in for a hug. 

Vin: Chick, I know you have wrestling talent. I know you have charisma and I know you're a cool guy. You and Doug are Bodacious. You and Doug are going to the DVE memorial tag tournament. Chick Donovan, we want you in the family! Come on everybody and sing along. We are family, Kevy, Dougy, Chicky and Vin-ny. Come on Chick, sing along 

Chick smiles and bobs his head. 

Everybody: We are family, Kevy, Dougy. Chicky and Vin-nny! Oh yea! 

They all have a group hug and exit.

Lance: (stares for a moment and shakes his head) We'll be back 

Commercial Break 

The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones vs. Arnold Goldstein and Tim Patton 

Duo come to the ring wearing jeans, black boots and black vests. They attack at the bell. They hurl Patton out of the ring. Vines executes a backbreaker and holds him while Sword comes off the top rope with a knee to the chest for the pin! Jones leads them to the podium. 

Jones: Tomorrow night in Louisville, the Devil's Duo are going to put the clown brothers down and take the Central States tag titles! 

Lance: Paul, last week the Spoiler turned down your offer and then pushed you down. At the Dunn Center you felt the wrath of his claw..

Jones: You shut your mouth Lance! If the Spoiler thinks he got the last laugh, well he's another idiotic clown! Spoiler! I have a big surprise coming and he's coming for you! I am going to relish the moment when this man beats you down. And then I'm going to embarrass you just like you did to me! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink 'Beauty Shop' sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Brenda: Hi everybody and welcome to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. I can tell you right now, tonight's guest is a true gentleman. Please welcome out the Billionaire's Champion Champagne Gerry Morrow. 

Boos as Morrow (wearing a suit, sunglasses and fedora hat) comes out with a bottle of champagne and 3 glasses. He smiles and kisses Brenda's hand. 

Morrow: It diz my upmost pleasure to be out here on your show Brenda. I know you're not a square like that Lance Russell and you will join me in a toast. 

Brenda; Lance has no class. Of course I'll join you. I have to ask, you have 3 glasses? 

Morrow: HAHAHA yes I do. I must address one thing first before our festivities begin. George Wells has become a nuisance to me and I must put him on the shelve. That will happen soon enough but tonight is a night to celebrate. Brenda all de talk is on de tag team tournament in Texas. I hear de winning team will get a vast amount of money. Brenda, you know I like money. 

Brenda: You sure do. Isn't money great? 

Morrow: HAHAHA it is indeed. Well Brenda, there is a man in Twin States who appreciates money just as much as myself. He calls himself Mr. Money and like myself, he is a champion. We have gotten together and the man is a walking treasure. A true gentleman. And guess what? He and I will team up and win dis tournament. Would you like to meet him?

Brenda: Would I! Please! 

Morrow: Then let me introduce my friend and partner Mr. Money, Carl Fergie.

Big time boos as Fergie walks out in a suit with his Gulf Coast title on his shoulder. He shakes Morrow's hand and kisses Brenda's.

Fergie: Gerald, I never thought anything or anybody could bring any kind of class to Knoxville but you my friend have accomplished the impossible. Brenda, it is my pleasure to be standing out here on the highest rated segment in wrestling. Over in Twin States we get a update with Joe Pedicino. Good grief it's rough over there. Brenda you're a vision of loveliness. 

Brenda: This has to be my best show ever, 

Fergie: Now, Gerald and I are going to... I hate to even say it...Texas. However, it will be worth it because we are walking out richer, if that's even possible.

Morrow: (laughs) I love this man! Brenda, you're looking at the winners and it's not even debatable. Now, let us all indulge in a toast.

Brenda and Carl take a glass as Morrow pours everybody some champagne. 

Morrow: A toast, to us, to the finer things in life, to the Beauty Shop and to winning de tag team tournament.

They all touch glasses and drink the champagne.

Brenda: Wow that's good stuff. This has been a slice of heaven. Until next week tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson vs. "Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea 

rocky.jpg.33d34a96959ea66ea5801042a78de6c3.jpglewin.jpg.c20b8b55a834aa54fba7c171c19c9975.jpg

Before the match starts, Lewin charges Johnson and fists are flying. Curtis runs over but Johnson puts him down with a big right punch. Johnson fires away on Lewin, then picks up Iaukea and knocks their heads together. Iaukea goes through the ropes. Lewin rakes Johnson's eyes as the Ref signals to start the match. Lewin starts pounding away on Johnson but Johnson starts firing back. Both men fight through the ropes and fight all around the ring battling to a double c.o. Lewin kicks Johnson low, then  grabs a cable and starts choking Johnson. Lewin's eyes are rolled up as he chokes away. Iaukea joins in and starts kicking Johnson. George Wells and several prelim wrestlers run out to stop this as the commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

An advertisement plays- Friday April 2nd, Market Square Arena, the USWA presents "The Happening" live on closed circuit television 

Lance: Things have escalated between Johnson and Lewin. I'm sure this is far from over. Right now I want to bring out the Mid America Champ, Dick Slater. Dick, you will be defending that title against Rip Morgan tomorrow night in Louisville. The man has been on quite a terror here. 

slater.jpg.32202cdf407453ca49175fa337c47e0f.jpg

Slater: Oh yea he's a real monster but nobody is tougher than Dick Slater and if he thinks foe one moment I'm....

rip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Rip Morgan stomps out huffing! Slater puts up his fists but I think after what just happened in the previous match, security was on high alert because they swarm the scene quick. Rip is yelling and huffing at Slater while Slater is yelling "Come on!" 

Lance: My goodness, we'll be right back. 

The Rock n Roll RPMS vs. Clinton Stitch and Royce Graber 

RPMs make quick work of their opponents and finish them off with the Spandex Splits! 

RPMs cut a promo and say they're focused and ready to rock in the DVE tag team tournament! 

Footage from last week is shown of Rob Fuller and Jimmy Golden attacking the Fabulous Ones! 

Pre recorded promo 

Stan Lane: Fuller! Golden! You boys got us real good but let me tell you something, all you did was get us mad.

Steve Keirn: That's right! If you wanted a fight, all you had to do was ask. Next week, live on TV, it's a done deal. 

Lane: We're coming for you boys and we're coming to fight! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, next week it will be the Fabulous Ones taking on Rob Fuller and Jimmy Golden. What an outstanding main event that will be. Also on that show, Powerage will wrestle Hard Knocks and the winners will get a spot in the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. Fans, before we get to the TV title bout, I've been ask to show this special video. 

The Elvis version of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' plays

A man wearing a King's crown and cape has his back turned to the camera.

"The real King of professional wrestling is coming soon"  

Lance: Ok, I really don't think that's Jerry Lawler. I guess we'll find out soon enough. TV title match when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

TV Title Bout 

Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair (C) w/Les Thornton vs. "Bulldog" Mike George 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpggeorge.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpg

Boos as Les waves the Union Jack flag while Tony smiles and holds up his TV title. Les has some words for Mike before he exits. Tony holds the belt up in front of Mike's face and asks "is this what you want? All you have to do is beat me" The Ref takes the title and holds it up. Mike remains calm and unintimidated. 

Solid chain wrestling for the first couple minutes. They lock up and Tony hip tosses Mike over, claps his hands and admires his work. They lock up again and Mike hip tosses Tony over and then claps his hands and admires his work. An irate Tony charges but Mike hip tosses him over. Tony gets up but Mike drop kicks him to the corner. Mike clamps on a headlock then hits a running bulldog 1..Les jumps on the apron and yells at the Ref. The Ref gets up and warns Les. Mike runs over and drops Les with a forearm blast. Tony staggers up and pushes Mike through the ropes. 

Tony regroups as Mike gets on the apron. Tony blasts Mike with a European uppercut, grabs him and suplexes him back in the ring 1..2..Kick Out. Tony picks up Mike and nails him with a European uppercut, then sets his head on the top rope. Tony swings off the ropes, grabs Mike's head, jumps over the ropes and snaps Mike's head on the top rope. Mike fly's back and down. Tony climbs to the top rope, arrogantly holds his arms out and smiles then crashes down with an elbow drop but Mike moves! 

Both men are lying there. They begin to rise. Tony throws a punch but Mike blocks it and unloads with forearm blasts. Mike swings Tony to the ropes and back drops him. Tony staggers up and Mike puts him down with a clothesline and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Les reaches in and puts Tony's foot on the rope. Mike gets up and rolls out of the ring and chases Les. He grabs Les by his shirt, hoists him up and atomic drops him. The fans are cheering. Mike hops on the apron but as he comes through the ropes, Tony kicks him. Tony grabs the top rope and drops a couple knees on Mike. 

Tony swings Mike into the corner and charges in but Mike lifts his boots and Tony runs right into them. Mike grabs Tony's waist, spins around and executes a back suplex 1..2..Tony barley gets his shoulder up. Mike picks up Tony but Tony rakes the eyes. Tony takes a big swing but Mike ducks, hoists Tony up and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Mike grabs Tony and goes for the Russian Leg Sweep but Tony grabs the top rope and Mike crashes hard on the canvas. Tony picks up Mike and hits his floating butterfly suplex 1..2..3! 

Tony rolls out of the ring and helps Les up. Tony grabs his TV title and holds it up while Les waves the Union Jack flag all the way to the back. 

Lance: Well there you have it. Tremendous effort by Mike George as he had to contend with two men. In the end Tony St. Clair has retained the TV title. Wait a minute! Jesse Barr is in the ring. Come on Jesse! There's no need for this! 

barr.jpg.cc52f9ec9af05f583c6510bf2dbdbebe.jpg

Barr picks up Mike and clotheslines him down! Barr stomps away then picks up Mike and hurls him to the outside. Barr goes out, grabs Mike and swings him into the steel post. Barr picks up Mike, slams his head on the apron and then slams his head into the steel post. Mike George is a bloody mess as the show ends. 

Tomorrow Night

Louisville Gardens

Dusty Rhodes vs. Ron Fuller- For the USWA World title shot at the DVE Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Mid America Title Bout

Dick Slater (C) vs. Rip Morgan 

Carlos Colon vs. Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea 

Central States Tag team Title Bout 

Bruise Brothers (C) vs. Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones 

Big Man Steel vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/Vin Man

Winners get a USWA Tag Team Title Shot

Technicians vs. High Fly'n Fever 

Plus many more exciting bouts 

Really fun show.  Awesome job hyping up the DVE tourny.  So many great teams here in USWA and new ones being formed every minute..  Sommers and Donavan are interesting but this whole winning lottery thing has had me hooked from the beginning so Fergie and Morrow may be my new favorites.  

-Who is the new king?  Can't wait to find out.

King Curtis has the perfect stable for him... Kamala and the Maniac.  I had always wondered if I should try and get him on my roster to go with Sullivan and I am glad I did not.  He is in the perfect place with the perfect writer for all of his craziness.

Great main event... I like how you have made St. Clair unbeatable.  He ever takes that title will be an instant star!  Also Barr coming after George is a great way to end that show.  Now we have to tune in next week to see George's response.  

Rocky Johnson has always been one of my favorites.  I'm going to enjoy watching him and Wells going after Curtis.

You are really making Dusty earn that title shot.  Fuller is big time!!  

Dusty starts us off again this week, and immediately shows he is here to fight as he puts his title shot on the line against Ron Fuller. Fuller did have a good point about not being in the battle royal though. With Robert and Golden around, and Funk probably not being happy about The Dream being around, this could get interesting!

Nice wins for Powerage and LVE.

Man, Karachi Vice have gotten huge heads lately! I am looking forward to a team showing them they aren't as good as they think they are!!

Kamala with the absolute destruction here tonight! Iaukea's Army is a freaking force, but the Colon/Strong/Johnson trio is quite a force as well. This should be a fun feud.

Holy Shit. The image of those 4 men singing "We Are Family" as off tune as possible in gruff voices is amazing! Tremendous segment! I am now all in on Bodacious!!

Devil's Duo are looking ready for war, but will it be enough to take out the Bruise Brothers? I hope not! Hmm... wonder who Paul Jones has in store for The Spoiler?

Oh My, the Beauty Shop brings news of Champagne and Mr. Money joining forces to enter the DVETTT. They should be quite the formidable team! Great promo all around!

Yeesh, Mark Lewin goes ape shit on Rocky Johnson. I have a feeling these matches are just going to get nastier and nastier. Looking forward to it!!

Oh, Slater vs Morgan! That's gonna be one hell of a fight! and Fabs vs Fuller/Golden next week!! My Goodness, the USWA is just lining up big time matches!!

The Real King? This should be good....

Hard fought main event between St. Clair and George! You certainly did a good job turning George into a believable challenger, but I am glad to see St. Clair retain. His TV Title run has been spectacular!

The Barr run in at the end continues that feud and bring our show to a violent and bloody conclusion!

Big show coming up at the Garden, and another awesome week of TV. So many amazing characters, teams, and angles happening in the USWA. Enjoyable show every week. Great work Spaldoni!

Dusty kicks off the show this week after that huge battle royal win for the USWA World title shot but here comes Ron Fuller to rain on his parade by pointing out he wasn't in that battle royal....a match between Rhodes/Fuller to determine the challenger for Funk....I like it! A lot!!

Powerage are going to get a shot at getting in the tournament.....with the way things have gone for Hard Knocks lately it would seem like a foregone conclusion but you can't underestimate those two.

Great promo by Karachi Vice putting over the tournament and get even more heat on themselves in the process.....when they eventually fall....you have to assume it's going to be hard!

Still very anxious to see where Nord the Barbarian lands here in the USWA! Looks like we'll find out next week.

King Curtis has built a dangerous stable so far, and I'm sure he's not done yet....Colon/Johnson/Strong are all in for a lot of trouble.

Chic Donovan and Doug Sommers have arrive and it's revealed they are the "Bodacious" team that the Vin Man has been referring to....what a fun a way to debut them with the sing along....this is going to be a team to keep an eye on for sure!

The Devil's Duo continues to look strong.....I can't wait to see who Paul Jones has lined up to take out the Spoiler!

YES! Mr. Money and the Billionaires Champ finally come together in person and what better place to do it than the Beauty Shop! Great promo, I'm so excited about these two teaming up in the tournament! Going to be fun to watch!

Hard hitting match between Rocky Johnson and Mark Lewin....that ends with Lewin trying to choke Johnson to death....thank goodness for his buddy George Wells making the save.

The Fabs get their hands on Fuller/Golden next week.....they're going to be out for blood!

I don't know who has the nerve to come to Memphis and claim to be the new "KING" but I can't wait to see who it is!!

Great card for Louisville Gardens! I'll be getting my ticket for sure!!

USWA @ The Louisville Gardens 1-16-86

The Spoiler vs. Vic Dutro 

Spoiler gets the crowd warmed up by winning the match with the claw! 

Hard Knocks (Myers and Flowers) vs. Two Local Talents 

Hard Knocks wins the match with a double rib breaker! 

Big Man Steel vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man 

Kelly spends the first few minutes taunting and dodging Steel. Steel finally gets a hold of Kelly and unloads but unfortunately the 10 minutes expired and the match ends in a draw. The fans do get a chance to cheer when Vinnie tries to attack Steel but Steel picks him up and throws him at Kelly, sending them to the ground. 

Winners get a USWA Tag Team title shot 

The Technicians vs. High Fly'n Fever  

Pretty good match as the tide turns several times. At the 20 minute mark, all 4 men are fighting. While the Ref is guiding Roop back to his corner, Rheingans cradles Savoldi but Gagne runs in and reverses it. The Ref turns around and guides Gagne back to his corner, while Roop comes in and reverses that cradle. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! Technicians have earned a title match. 

Billy Jack Strong vs. TNT w/Curtis Iaukea

This feud has been heating up. These guys put on a fun match as TNT brings out his martial arts arsenal while Strong brings the power. TNT is in control and clamps on the cobra clutch but Strong quickly runs backwards and slams TNT into the turnbuckles. Iaukea gets on the apron and Strong goes after him, TNT tries to nail Strong from behind but Strong moves and TNT hits Iaukea. Strong grabs TNT and hits a bridging back suplex for the pin! 

Central States Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs, The Devil's Duo w/Paul Jones 

Very hard hitting and rough match. Both teams really take it to each other and Jones gets in his fair share of interference. During a wild pier six brawl, Paul Jones gets a chair and is going to throw it to his team. The fans go nuts when Spoiler comes to ringside and yanks the chair from Jones, then hits him with it!  Devil's Duo sees this and start to head out, but Cash and Snowman stop them. Snowman clotheslines Vines over the top rope. Cash nails Sword with a jumping headbutt. Snowman scoops up Sword and delivers a running powerslam for the win! Bruise Brothers retain! 

Carlos Colon vs. Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea 

Nothing fancy here, just a wild fight. After taking a vicious beating, Colon finally gets control and takes it to Kamala. The fans roar as Colon body slams Kamala. Colon goes to the top rope but Iaukea runs over and pushes him off. The Ref sees it and signals for the DQ. A pissed off Kamala gets up and starts choking the life out of Colon. The bell keeps ringing but Kamala keeps choking. Billy Jack Strong runs down the aisle but he's nailed from behind by TNT. TNT is all over Strong. In the ring, Kamala is still choking Colon. Colon is lifeless. Officials and security swarm the ring and try to get Kamala off but nothing doing. Finally Iaukea gets Kamala off but whispers something to him. Officials help Colon up but Kamala puts him down with a kick to the head. Iaukea leads Kamala and TNT to the back as the fans are in riot mode. 

Mid America Title Bout 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater (C) vs. "The Real Thing" Rip Morgan 

The second half of this card certainly has a brawl theme and this match is no different. These guys pound each other with fists. They fight to the outside and Rip gets control by slamming Slater on the concrete. Rip slams Slater's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Rip continues his onslaught and even busts Slater open. The fans realize Slater is in serious danger of losing his title. Rip swings Slater to the corner and charges in with a big boot to the face but Slater moves and Rip winds up stuck in the corner. Slater is angry now and pumps his fists, then goes in and completely unloads on Rip. Rip sinks down from the turnbuckles. Slater swings off the ropes and baseball slides Rip out of the ring. Slater goes to the apron on the outside. Morgan staggers up and Slater nails him with a diving clothesline. Slater picks up Rip and delivers a swinging neckbreaker on the concrete. Slater rolls Rip back into the ring. Slater follows and covers 1..2..Rip kicks out! Unbelievable! Slater is even caught off guard. Slater picks up Rip and hits another swinging neckbreaker 1..2..3! Very tough match but Slater retains. 

Winner gets the USWA World title shot at the DVE Memorial Tag Team Tournament

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes vs. "The Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller 

While Dusty and Fuller are in the ring, the announcer makes a special announcement 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the USWA World Champion Terry Funk will be observing this match from ringside" 

Terry Funk storms into the ring with his world title and grabs the mic

"I want both of you to listen real good. I don't care which one of you win this match, the fact remains the same, I'll beat either one of you in Texas. Fuller! I would be more than happy to give you another whipp'n and as for you Pig Rhodes, I would love to beat you down yet again. Good luck, you both will need it!" 

Funk throws the mic down and takes a seat at ringside. 

Dusty and Fuller both want the title shot bad and have their working boots on tonight. Fuller spent a lot of time working Dusty's leg and at the 30 minute mark he clamps on the figure four. Fuller wrenches away as the fans fire Dusty up. Dusty is bouncing up and down fighting it and finally reaches the ropes. Fuller wrenches a bit more before releasing. Fuller gets frustrated and chokes Dusty on the bottom rope, then drops several knees on him. Fuller lifts Dusty up, rakes his face across the top rope, chokes him on the rope and snaps him back. Fuller picks up Dusty and hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Fuller picks up Dusty and body slams him down, then swings off the ropes and goes for an elbow drop but Dusty moves! 

The fans go wild as Dusty rises and starts to do a little shuffle to help clear the cobwebs. Fuller gets up and swings at Dusty but Dusty blocks it and unloads with several punches, spins his hands and puts Fuller down with a double thrust shot. Dusty picks up Fuller, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash 1..2..Kick Out. Dusty swings Fuller to the corner and follows with a running clothesline, clamps on a headlock and hits a running bulldog 1..2..Kick Out. Dusty swings Fuller to the corner and charges in but Fuller nails him with a boot to the face! 

Dusty is down and Fuller is resting against the turnbuckles. Fuller stomps on Dusty's leg, then goes to clamp on another figure four but Dusty reaches up and cradles Fuller 1..2..3!!! 

Huge eruption! 

Fuller can't believe it and hits the mat in frustration. Fuller gives Dusty a cold stare before leaving. Dusty is announced the winner and soaks in the fans cheers.

WHAM!!! 

Terry Funk nails him from behind with his title belt! 

The fans are throwing trash in the ring while Funk spits down on Dusty. 

Funk sets the title down, then picks up an unconscious Dusty. Funk hoists him up and piledrives him down on the title! 

Nuclear heat as Funk puts his boot on Dusty's chest and holds up his title.  

Lots of good stuff in the undercard, especially my boys the Bruise Brothers retaining the belts!

Iaukea's group of monsters has the fans ready to jump the barricades as they beat down Colon and Strong. Really enjoying these guys!

Quite a war between Morgan and Slater. I wasn't sure the Dirty one was leaving with the belt! Tough loss for Morgan, but I don't think he is anywhere near finished here yet.

Fuller and Rhodes gets a little more interesting as The Funker comes to watch!

Dusty picks up the W and keeps his title shot, but Uncle Terry lets him know what is in store! That is going to be one hell of a fight in Texas!

The main event was so good I have to start there.  Almost anywhere in the country, Dusty vs Fuller is all you need to sell out the arena but when you throw in the winner gets Funk, the scalpers are having a field day.  When Funk showed up, it was priceless.  Dusty vs Funk for the gold was great but now Rhodes not only wants the belt but some revenge.  Going to be awesome!

Iaukea is awesome!  His gimmick could work anywhere in the country and I love the stable you have built around hime.

You have done a great job with Dick Slater and hope he stays around for a long time.

With the RIch's in Twin States and the Bruise Brothers with you, I must admit that the USWA has my favorite tag division.  

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 1-22-86

Footage from the Louisville Gardens is shown as Dusty Rhodes defeats Ron Fuller to earn a USWA World Title shot at the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. USWA Champ Terry Funk attacks Dusty after the match and piledrives him on the USWA title! 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Tremendous show lined up. Tonight's main event will be the Fabulous Ones taking on the Stud Stable, Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden. The Spoiler will be in action as well as High Fly'n Fever, Mark Lewin, Billy Jack Strong, Kevin Kelly, the South Pacific Connection and the debut of Nord the Barbarian. Powerage will wrestle Hard Knocks and the winner will be invited to the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. That big extravaganza will take place on Feb. 12th, 13th and 14th, shown right here on the USA Network. We now know that Terry Funk will defend the USWA title against Dusty Rhodes at that event. We all saw what happened in Louisville and I understand next week's TV main event will tie into that. Switching gears, I want to show you footage from last week's show. 

Footage is shown of Tony St. Clair successfully defending his TV title in a hard fought match with Mike George. Afterwards, Jesse Barr hits the ring and attacks George. 

Lance: In a moment we'll see Jesse Barr in action. I was informed by Jerry Jarrett earlier this week that next week's TV main event will be Dusty Rhodes and Mike George taking on USWA Champ Terry Funk and Jesse Barr. Oh my, that should be a barn burner of a match. Let's get to the ring. 

"The Lone Wolf" Jesse Barr vs. Clinton Stitch 

Barr swings Clinton to the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Barr just unloads with kicks and punches. Barr rakes the eyes, then grinds Clinton's face across the top rope. Barr swings Clinton to the ropes and hits a belly to belly suplex for the win. Barr gives Clinton a few more stomps before heading to the podium. 

Lance: I don't know what your specific problem is with Mike George but...

Barr: (interrupts) I don't like him! He's soft! Is that specific enough for you? 

Lance: Ah, um, ok, well, next week it's you and Terry Funk going up against George and The American Dream. 

Barr: Am I suppose to be scared? Why would I be scared when I have the one and only Terry Funk backing me up. I've already beaten that wimp George up multiple times and not even the so called American Dream can help him. Not with Terry Funk around. Mike George! I wont be satisfied until you can't walk anymore. That just might happen next week! 

Commercial Break 

Billy Jack Strong vs. Henry Jones 

billy.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Strong executes an overhead back suplex on Jones, then picks him up and delivers a brainbuster for the win. 

Footage from Louisville is shown as Kamala chokes Carlos Colon into unconsciousness. Then as Colon is being helped up, Kamala puts him back down with a kick to the head. 

Lance: I'm here with Billy Jack Strong. Billy, you have a monster task ahead tomorrow night when you meet Kamala at the Evansville Coliseum. You'll also have to be watching out for Curtis Iaukea. 

Strong: It's been my privilege fighting side by side with Carlos Colon and Rocky Johnson. The fight continues tomorrow night with you Kamala! Lance, I'm stronger than I've ever been (Double bicep pose) and I'm ready to take the monster down. Iaukea! Go ahead and interfere because I would love to put you down as well!  

Commercial Break 

Winners will go to the DVE Tag Tournament 

Powerage (Bassarab and Doring) vs. Hard Knock (Myers and Flowers) 

Flowers and Myers (wearing matching black singlets and now both men are wearing black forearm sleeves) look irritated and frustrated as they wait for their opponents. "Flick of the Switch" by ACDC plays as Powerage heads to the ring. Bassarab is wearing a 'RUSH' tank top while Doring is wearing a 'Motley Crue' tank top. 

Before the bell rings, Hard Knocks attack Powerage. Powerage fights back and we got a pier six brawl going on. The Ref is frantically trying to get order as fists are flying. The fight spills to the outside. After a couple minutes, the Ref throws up his hands. Bassarab and Flowers fight into the crowd as Doring and Myers fight towards the podium. Lance gets out of there as Myers and Doring fight into the podium and knock it over. The fight continues as a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

An advertisement is shown- Friday April 2nd...Market Square Arena...available on Closed Circuit TV... the USWA presents..."The Happening" 

Lance: Ok, wow, things have finally settled down. Please welcome out Jerry Jarret. Jerry, things are really heating up with the tag teams as we approach the DVE Tag Tournament. 

Jarrett: That's exactly right Lance. Due to what just happened between Hard Knocks and Powerage, the match was thrown out and neither team will go to the tournament. Right now I would like to name the 9 teams heading to Texas. USWA Tag Champs Karachi Vice, Central States Champs the Bruise Brothers, The Fabulous Ones, The Stud Stable, The Technicians, The Devil's Duo, The South Pacific Connection, High Fly'n Fever, and The RPMs. As far as the tenth team goes, tomorrow night at the Evansville Coliseum..

Boos as the Vin Man, Kevin Kelly and Bodacious arrive. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpgkevin.jpg.9fa593efaabd78563274a6a6b959d5e6.jpgsommers.jpg.31ef21eee3e5ef7bebbab1bd95cccaef.jpgdonovan.jpg.fed84b89ec1f2dea724437258b7b33c9.jpg

Vin: Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Hold on JJ! Bodacious is in! Why didn't you include them?

Jarrett: They're not in. You just said they were. However, tomorrow night you will have your chance. Bodacious will wrestle the team of Lance Von Erich and George Wells. The winners will be the 10th team. 

Vin: Bodacious was in! Why are you doing this to them? It's not fair! 

Donovan and Sommers huddle up with Vinnie and Kevin. After a moment, they hug and smile.

Vin: You know what? It wont matter. Bodacious is the best and they'll show Lance and Wells why tomorrow night. Those two don't stand a chance against these two cool and charismatic dudes. 

Vin smiles and looks at Bodacious. 

Vin: (snaps his fingers) Boys on 3. 1..2..3. 

All of them: (singing and bobbing their heads) We are fam-ily! Kevy, Dougy, Chicky and Vin-nie! Oh Yea! Let's go show them how it's done Kevin. 

Jarrett and Lance look at each other and shake their heads. 

Lance: Back to the ring. 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/Vin Man and Bodacious vs. Vic Dutro

Kelly finishes Dutro off with the full nelson. After the Ref signals for the bell, Kelly spins Dutro around and tosses him. Vin Man says something to Bodacious. Sommers and Donovan get in the ring, pick up Dutro and double hot shot him on the top rope. 

The fans boo as Vin Man's Crew have a group hug. 

Commercial Break 

The South Pacific Connection (Siva and Cocoa) vs. Sam Smith and Willie Lopez

The fans are up and cheering as the Connection swings Lopez to the ropes and put him down with a double chop. Siva and Cocoa hop up on opposite turnbuckles and crash down with double diving headbutts for the win! They flash the fans the 'hang loose sign' and head to the podium. 

They cut an energetic promo on the DVE tag tournament and say they're coming to Texas to win and hold that trophy up high! Cocoa says it'll be good going back to Texas. 

Commercial Break 

The Spoiler vs. Gary Williams 

spoiler.jpg.471a683dfeda098636a1e7ab60e6fa9f.jpg

Not everyday you hear the Spoiler get cheered but after turning Paul Jones down and causing him a lot of problems at the house shows, the fans have taken quite a liking to him. 

Spoiler works Williams over before finishing him off with the dreaded claw! Spoiler holds up his claw as the fans cheer.

WHAM!!!! 

85839775_superdestroyer.jpg.b1297cf0e2449aa7b91741fb38422a70.jpgjones.jpg.6527bd1ab9f3cd627c6ea9b148e8852d.jpg

Spoiler is attacked from behind by a masked man and Paul Jones! The masked man and Jones do a number on Spoiler. The masked man hoists Spoiler up on the turnbuckles and executes a SUPERPLEX! The masked man lifts Spoiler's head as Jones slaps him. Jones leads his man to the podium. 

Lance: Alright, just what was the meaning of that? Come on, a 2 on 1 attack from behind? 

Jones: Shut up Lance! I told you, nobody embarrasses me! Nobody! Please allow me to introduce the newest member of the Paul Jones Army, the greatest masked wrestler ever, the Super Destroyer! That's right! And he's coming for you Spoiler! What he just did was just a taste. I want to see you suffer and suffer you will, at the hands of the Super Destroyer! 

Lance: I can see they're going to be trouble. 

Commercial Break 

Footage from Louisville is shown of the Technicians defeating High Fly'n Fever to earn a USWA Tag Title shot.

The Technicians vs. Carl Kellerman and Dave Dougherty 

Roop executes a shoulder breaker on Kellerman, then tags in Rheingans. Roop holds Kellerman in armbar as Rheingans comes of the top rope with a knee to the shoulder for the win. 

Technicians head to the podium. 

Lance: Big opportunity for you guys in Evansville tomorrow night as you face Karachi Vice for the tag team titles. 

Roop: Lance, you're looking at a pure wrestling team. We're a well oiled machine and as you just saw, more than ready for Karachi Vice. 

Rheingans: Karachi Vice have been coming out here and disrespecting all the great teams as well as the David Von Erich Memorial tournament. We've got news for you Karachi Vice. You're not going into the tournament as champs. 

Boos as Karachi Vice come out. 

Makhan: Hey, wait a minute, I don't remember us sending you chumps an invitation to the Karachi Vice tag team invitational. So you two mutts just keep your mouths shut and listen to the wise and great Gama. 

Gama: Thank you brother Makhan. No, we did not send these two weaklings an invitation. They do not have what it takes to compete in our invitational. But somehow, the corrupt people in charge think they deserve a title shot. I do not understand this. You call yourselves a top team but yet here we are as the champions. These belts say we're not only a top team but we are the very best and there's no way an inferior team like you stands a chance against champions like us! 

Roop: You two love to talk a great game but trust us, tomorrow night you both are in for the wrestling lessons of a lifetime. 

Rheingans: Talking isn't really what we're about. We'll just have to show you tomorrow night. 

The Technicians each tap the titles before leaving. This infuriates Karachi Vice.

Gama: You trust me, a message to every team will be sent tomorrow night  at their expense. After that, nobody will want to come to the Karachi Vice Invitational. 

Commercial Break 

"Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Ray Glader

lewin.jpg.c20b8b55a834aa54fba7c171c19c9975.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Lewin just destroys his opponent before finishing him off with the sleeper. The bell rings but Lewin's eyes are rolled up as he continues to wrench away. Iaukea runs in and kicks Glader while Lewin continues to wrench away. 

Cheers as Billy Jack Strong hits the ring! Strong nails Iaukea. Lewin picks up Glader and throws him at Strong. Lewin wants Strong but Iaukea holds him back and says "Not yet" They exit as Strong attends to Glader. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Now, last week was the best show I've ever done. I mean come on, Gerry Morrow and Carl Fergie on my show along with champagne. That was so cool. Well, that's a tough act to follow and even though my guest tonight is a champion, I really don't think he will come close to last week's fun. Please welcome out the Mid America Champion, Dick Slater. 

slater.jpg.32202cdf407453ca49175fa337c47e0f.jpg

Huge pop as Slater comes out with the title on his shoulder. 

Britton: Well Dicky Boy. You mind if I call you that? I got that from my good friend Doctor Dream Machine. 

Slater: Oh yea, whatever happened to that guy? Oh that's right, I ran him out of town! 

Britton: You watch it! You have a lot of wrestlers who want a shot at that title and I don't think you'll be holding it much longer. 

Slater: Brenda, I've beaten the best and.....

Britton: Oh my! This is truly a shocking surprise! 

tullly.jpg.e0fa60babed04b2e7a50c4c16ba18f19.jpg588199147_babydoll.jpg.f353094a68d097eda5ee4ec8e7731982.jpg

Big time boos as Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll come out. I mean big time boos. 

Baby Doll circles Slater and strokes his title, then steps back and shakes Britton's hand. Tully holds Brenda's hand and smiles as he shakes it. Tully's wearing a suit and sunglasses. He takes off his glasses.

Tully: You know Brenda. Your show is the talk of the wrestling world. I told my perfect 10 Baby Doll that we just had to make an appearance. I see you have the Mid America champ on here. Slater, why don't you take a walk because the real NWA World Champion is here. Brenda I'm all yours.

Slater: Hold on Tully, did you say real NWA champ? Last I heard, you said I Quit to Magnum TA and lost that title.

Huge cheers. Tully is livid. 

Tully: Listen up Slater! I never said those words! I QUIT! I QUIT! I never said it! That big doofus Bill Watts had it out for me and paid off the Ref. That's what happened, so you better watch yourself! 

Slater: Don't you threaten me boy! 

Britton: Ok, stop causing trouble Dicky Boy. There are beautiful ladies present. 

Tully: Tell you what Slater. Since I'm a champion and since I once ruled this place, a shot at your title shouldn't be a problem for you...should it? Another title would look good around my waist. You got the guts? 

Slater: Just say when! But know one thing. I won't stop beating on you if you happen to say I Quit! 

Slater leaves as the fans cheer. Tully takes off his suit jacket and throws it down. Baby Doll calms him down. 

Britton: Don't let him bother you. He's classless. As for me, having a true champion like you along with the lovely Baby Doll made me forget all about Dicky Boy. Wow! It's great to have you two out here on my show,

Tully: (calms himself) Brenda, it was our pleasure. I'll tell you what, when I take that Mid America Title from Slater, I will celebrate on this very show. 

Britton: Did you hear that everybody? I told you, this is the show where everything happens. Until next week, tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Another special message is shown. 

Elvis Presley's version of Also Sprach Zarathustra plays 

A Man with his back turned is wearing a king's crown and cape.

"The Real King of Professional Wrestling is coming" 

Lance: We keep hearing about this King coming. We'll see what this is all about. I can't believe Tully Blanchard is on the scene. I had no idea he was coming here. He's already in hot water messing with Dick Slater. Well fans, we're set for another debut. Should be a wild one.

Nord the Barbarian vs. Keith Rowe 

nord.jpg.c8dddd0f870bc577e0bdc6327ba858b2.jpg

Nord storms around the ring, stomping and huffing. The bell rings and he just squashes poor Keith Rowe. Nord swings him to the ropes and nearly decapitates him with a clothesline to get the easy win. Nord stomps his way to the podium. 

Lance: (A bit nervous) Tremendous debut. Nord tell us about yourself.

Nord: I'm a loud person Lance! I yell as loud as I want! I beat people up and get paid to do it! That's what I'm all about! Loud and big! And aint nobody gonna do anything about it! 

Nord leaves.

Lance: Ok, the man is straight to the point. 

Commercial Break 

High Fly'n Fever vs. Larry Minelli and Chuck Ramsey 

Gagne and Savoldi come out wearing 70s style track suits with towels around their necks. 

The finish sees Gagne hit a high dropkick on Ramsey, then tags in Savoldi. Savoldi goes to the top rope as Gagne picks up Ramsey by his hair and holds him while Savoldi nails him with a missile dropkick for the win. Boos as they wipe their faces with their towels and head to the podium. 

Gagne: You know, everybody is talking about the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. Well, everybody should be talking about High Fly'n Fever. 

Savoldi: That's right! Tell em Greg. 

Gagne: All you nerds, that includes you Lance, are looking at the winners. That's a fact! Something else we're going to get is the Central States Tag titles. 

Savoldi: (Laughs) That won't be a problem. 

Gagne: No, it really wont. Those two dancing clowns won't know what to do when they face our arsenal. We're High Fly'n Fever and you better catch it! 

Lance: (Rolls his eyes) Our main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

The Fabulous Ones vs. The Stud Stable 

fabs.jpg.d63d7e86f6d1ec0ca469ee25a6727ad8.jpg467801893_studstable.jpg.9131425a767a9c63b39f40c7bcdb40f6.jpg

The bell rings and these teams go at it. The Ref is showing a lot of leniency as he lets them fight. The Fabs swing the Stable to the ropes and double back drop them. Stable staggers up and the Fabs drop kick them through the ropes. The fans are cheering as Fuller and Golden try and regroup. They stagger up and yell at the Ref to get control. 

Things settle down as Keirn and Golden go at it. Golden rakes the eyes then swings Keirn into the corner and charges in but Keirn sticks his boot up and nails Golden. Keirn hiptosses Golden over and tags in Lane. They swing Golden to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Fuller runs in but gets taken down with a double clothesline. Lane works Golden over, swings off the ropes but gets kicked in the back by Fuller (on the apron) Golden rolls over and tags in Fuller.

Fuller stomps on Lane, picks him up and hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Fuller slams Lane and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Golden sticks his boot out and Fuller slams Lane's head on it then holds him as he tags in Golden. Golden comes off the top rope with a double axehandle 1..2..Keirn breaks it. Fuller runs in but Keirn punches him back. The Ref guides Keirn back, which allows the Stud Stable to double suplex Lane. Golden hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a forearm drop then tags in Fuller. Fuller hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop but Lane moves! The fans erupt when Lane dives over and tags in Keirn! 

Keirn swings Fuller to the ropes and back drops him. Golden runs in and gets back dropped. Keirn picks them both up and knocks their heads together. Golden falls through the ropes. Keirn slams Fuller, swings off the ropes and delivers a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Keirn picks up Fuller and tags in Lane. Keirn swings Fuller to the ropes then drops down as Lane hits a superkick 1..2..Golden runs in and breaks it. All four men start fighting. During the melee the Ref takes a bump and is down. 

Lane dropkicks Golden into the turnbuckles and follows with a running clothesline. Keirn is hammering away on Fuller in the opposite corner. 

Boos as Ron Fuller runs to the ring. He pulls out a pair of brass knuckles, hops on the apron and blasts Lane! Keirn runs over and punches Ron off the apron and checks on Lane. Ron gets up and slides a chair into the ring. Rob grabs it and blasts Keirn from behind! The Ref staggers to his knees and sees Rob covering Keirn. He crawls over and counts 1..2..3! BOOOOO! 

ron.jpg.e268a5111d3c4a52aa9ccd196df20aa6.jpg

Lance: What a miscarriage of justice. I don't even think the legal men were involved in the outcome. The poor Ref took a big hit and i can't blame him for being groggy. But I do blame Ron Fuller for...

The Fullers and Golden come to the podium. 

Ron: Lance, the Stud Stable is here to run things. I hope everybody received our message loud and clear. My bother Rob and cousin Jimmy have their sights set on winning the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament and nobody better get in their way, that includes those teenie bopp'n boys the Fabulous Zeros. And I want Dusty Rhodes to hear this. Dusty, we're not done boy. Not by a long shot. 

Stud Stable exits

Lance: The Fullers and Golden certainly made a statement but I know The Fabulous Ones will want another go at them. Fans, I'll see you next week as Dusty Rhodes and Mike George will take on USWA Champ Terry Funk and Jesse Barr. Should be a wild one and don't forget about our big night of action in Evansville tomorrow night. I'll see you next week. 

USWA @ The Evansville Coliseum 1-23-86

The Rock n Roll RPMs vs. High Fly'n Fever 

Fast paced match to kick off the night, but 10 minutes isn't enough time as they battle to a draw.

"The Real Thing" Rip Morgan vs. Two local wrestlers

Morgan annihilates both men before finishing things off with a big boot to the head! 

"Bulldog" Mike George  vs. "The Lone Wolf" Jesse Barr 

This one's a fight! After a few minutes, George is in control and Barr is bleeding. George goes nuts and starts choking Barr in the corner. As the Ref is trying to back George up, Barr lowblows George and pushes him forward with his feet on the turnbuckles for the 1..2..3! 

"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man vs. Big Man Steel

The fight spills to the outside. Both of them are throwing some serious haymakers. The Ref's count is at 9 when Kelly slides into the ring as Vin Man holds onto Steel's boot. preventing him back in. Kelly gets the C.O. win. Steel is furious. He turns around and grabs Vin Man, then picks him up and slams him down on the floor! Kelly runs out but Steel puts him down with a clothesline.

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson vs. TNT w/Curtis Iaukea

Iaukea gets in a lot of cheap shots. TNT is in control as he swings Johnson into the corner and charges in but Johnson sunset flips over him and gets the 1..2..3! TNT and Iaukea try an attack but Johnson rolls out of the ring and grabs a chair. Iaukea and TNT decide not to attack. 

Winners will go to the DVE Memorial Tag Team Tournament

Bodacious (Doug Sommers and Chick Donovan) w/The Vin Man vs. Lance Von Erich and George Wells

Chick Donovan grabs the mic. 

Tonight was to be the official debut of Bodacious but thanks to that Big Fat Slob, Vinnie is in the back getting medical treatment. I think it's only right that tonight's match be rescheduled until Vinnie is healthy" 

An official tells them "Not a chance" and instructs the Ref to start the match.

It's all Wells and LVE as they have the unfocused Bodacious bumping all over the place. LVE nails Sommers with a dropkick then tags in Wells. Wells swings Sommers to the ropes and puts him down with a flying shoulder tackle 1..2..Chick breaks it. LVE runs in and pounds away on Chick. While the Ref is guiding LVE to the corner, GERRY MORROW hits the ring and shatters a bottle over Well's head!! Morrow exits as Sommers puts his arm over Wells. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! LVE is a second to late. 

Chick helps Sommers out of the ring and raises his arm. Bodacious will go to the tournament. Where did Morrow come from??? 

Billy Jack Strong vs. Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea 

Strong gives Kamala a fight. Strong swings off the ropes and clotheslines Kamala. Kamala is reeling but doesn't go down. Strong swings off the ropes again but Iaukea trips him. Strong stumbles into a Savate kick! Kamala swings off the ropes and hits a big splash 1..2..3! Iaukea instructs Kamala to punish him. TNT hits the ring and picks up Strong but before they can do anything, Rocky Johnson hits the ring swinging a chair. That's enough to clear the ring. 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

Karachi Vice (C) vs. The Technicians 

Roop and Rheingans are on their A game tonight as they outwrestle the champs in the early moments. Karachi Vice control the next few minutes by breaking all the rules and executing some devastating double team maneuvers. Technicians come back and show off some devastating double team maneuvers themselves. It's a strong back and forth match that has the fans on the edge of their seats. All 4 men are in the ring now and going at it. It's chaos and the Ref looses control. Roop executes a running shoulder breaker on Gama while Makhan hits a scoop powerslam on Rheingans. It's a double pin and the Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Mass confusion going on. The Ref is talking with the announcer as Makhan helps Gama up, while Roop does the same with Rheingans. The bell rings.

Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, the winners of this match and NEW USWA Tag Team Champions...The Technicians! 

The fans are up and cheering! Karachi Vice are furious and yelling at the Ref saying Makhan and Rheingans were the legal men! 

The Ref hands the Technicians the titles. More cheers as they hold the titles high. 

Funk/Barr vs Dusty/George will be a huge main event for next week! Quite a way to start this weeks show with that announcement!!

Barr makes a good point about having Funk as his partner, and already beating up George!!

Strong vs Kamala should be a big time fight!

Powerage and Hard Knocks get themselves thrown out of the tournament with a wild Double DQ! Big mistake by both teams!

Quite the impressive line up of teams heading to the DVE from the USWA. Will Bodacious or Wells/Lance get that last spot? With the singing, I have to say I am rooting for Bodacious!!

South Pacific Connection with a nice win, and Cocoa coming back to Texas could get real interesting.....

The newly babyfaced Spoiler gets himseld a win, but then Paul Jones shows up with the Super D! and The Spoiler gets wrecked! A battle of the masked men is coming, and that should be a lot of fun!!

Technicians have Karachi Vice fired up. Should make for quite the match in Evansville. This could change the whole outlook of the tournament.

Good Lord, Strong and Lewing would be a horrible wrestling match, but would be quite the spectacle of two huge dudes beating the hell out of each other!

I didn't expect to see Blanchard and Baby Doll show up on the Beauty Shop! Blanchard/Slater would be one hell of a fight! Very Interesting!

I can't wait to see who the King is!

Nord arrives and shows us who Nord is. I want Nord vs Rip Morgan!!

Oh Man, Fuller and Golden get the mega cheap win over the Fabs in one hell of a main event! It appears the Stud Stable have officially come together and the USWA is in trouble!!

On too Evansville....

Wow, if I had been coming to this show I would have hoped for car trouble so I could miss that opener :-p

The Real Thing destroys 2 jobbers! I love it!!

Barr and George are headed toward some real bloodbaths.

Kelly and The Vin Man picks up the cheap win, but Steel gets himself a little payback! You know the fans loved that one!

Big win for Rocky Johnson! I have a feeling that he is going to end up a major player here for one last big run.

Bodacious advance to the tournament! Morrow takes out Wells! Love every little bit of this one!!

Kamala takes down Strong, and they'd have probably ended him if not for the Soul Man. This is a great feud. Even if that no good Colon isn't here to help his friends.

Oh Shit!! Karachi Vice Loses!! Roop and Rheingans win the belts? I don't want to get my hopes up with the contested finish..... but....

Great shows Spaldoni, but damn cliff hanger endings!!

Great week for the USWA!  

I thought Lance Russell was even more sarcastic this week with his one-liners then usually.  Awesome!

The announcement for next week's main event is huge.  Can't wait to see Dusty vs Funk even if it is a tag team match.

The Vin Man's rendition of "We Are Family" needs work.  LOL

So many great tag teams here but the South Pacific Connection is one of my favorites.  Really looking forward to the DVM tourny!

Spoiler vs Super D... going to be wild.

I think that was the best Body Shop yet!  Slater vs Tully is Main Event Time!

Who is the King?

What a great main event!

As for Evansville...

Morgan is really doing well.  I hope his push continues.  

Great job building Rocky Johnson

Nothing better then Gerry Morrow coming back and getting "revenge" on Wells as Bodacious goes to the tourny!

Kamala-Iuakea or Sullivan-The Barbarian-Haku....In my opinion the two best moster groups in the game.  Sorry, I may be biased!

Surprising finish as Karachi Vice takes the loss.  This is the perfect example of the tag team depth I mentioned earlier.

Great job hooking everyone with the announcement of today's main event, as well as making sure I make plans for next week's show before this one even gets going by announcing Dusty/Mike George against Terry Funk/Jimmy Jack...um I mean Jesse Barr! BIG main events here in the USWA!!

Hard Knocks and Powerage brawl their way right out of the tournament! There going to be kicking themselves over that for weeks to come I'm sure!

Pulling for Bodacious to make it into the tournament, loving the bad singing bit and the group hugs...classic heel heat!! Great stuff!

Super D is here with Jones to take out the Spoiler! This is going to be fun! I'm a big fan of both!

The Technicians rub Karachi Vice the wrong way.....the Vice have a death grip on the titles lately, and seems like they are going into this one with something to prove!

I was pretty happy to see Slater in the Beauty Shop but was genuinely blown away by the shocking appearance of Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll!?! I can't wait to see these guys square off for the title!

Much like the Luscious tease on Texas All-Star.....I'm very interested to see who this new "King" is going to be!

Nord the Barbarian has arrived! I have think all the managers have their eye on the big man for their stables.

Greg Gagne calling people nerds is yet another highspot in the game for me each time it happens lol.

WOW! The Stud Stable has made their presence known with a big win over the Fabs!! This means WAR I'm sure!!

Now let's head to Evansville!

Nice tag match to start things off with the RPMs drawing with Gagne/Savoldi!

Morgan continues to look like a monster as he destroys two guys.....I'd love to seem him tie up with Nord the Barbarian at some point.

Jimmy Jack Barr gets questionable win...but a win just the same.

Mr. Magnificent gets a count out win but at what price as Big Man Steel gets a little revenge afterwards....poor Vinnie.

"Soulman" gets the win over TNT and manages to avoid the post match attack! King Curtis will not let this go I'm sure.

YES YES YES! Champagne comes through and Bodacious heads to the tournament!

Kamala puts down Strong thanks to some timely interference....but they don't get to punish him thanks to Rocky Johnson...who has to be very high on their hit list after tonight! 

Holy crap! What a way to cap the night off for the fans of Evansville...an unexpected title change as The Technicians take the straps off the Karachi Vice!

Great stuff as always!

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 1-29-86

Footage from Evansville is shown with the Technicians holding up the USWA tag team titles. 

Lance Russell: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA Network. Tremendous show lined up. Blockbuster main event as Dusty Rhodes teams with Mike George to take on Jesse Barr and the USWA World Champion Terry Funk. Also in action tonight will be Kamala, George Wells, the Super Destroyer and the Fabulous Ones. I have a big announcement regarding Dick Slater and Tully Blanchard. The RPMs will be tuning up for the upcoming David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament as they will face the debuting Rose Cousins. All that and a lot more. Right now I want to bring in Jerry Jarrett. 

Jarrett comes to the podium. 

Lance: I understand you have an announcement regarding the USWA Tag Team titles. 

Jarrett: Yes I do Lance. Last week in Evansville, Karachi Vice defended the titles against the Technicians. The end was full of chaos and confusion as Roop had Gama pinned while Makhan had Rheingans pinned. Karachi Vice protested the result and after viewing the footage, it clearly shows the Ref made the count on the two illegal men. Unfortunately I had to overrule the Ref's decision and give the titles back to Karachi Vice.

BOOOOOOOOOS! 

Jarrett: This is a one time deal. I want to make something clear. From now on, every decision by the Referee will be the final decision. Switching gears Lance, I just want to say how excited I am about the upcoming David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. Thirty Two teams Lance! Just think about that for a second. It's going to be three nights of incredible action as the best teams from the USWA, Twin States and Texas All-Star will compete for 100,000 Dollars and one impressive looking trophy. 

Boos as Karachi Vice come out flaunting their tag titles. 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Makhan: Get it straight Jarrett, it's the Karachi Vice Invitational. Normally I would be irritated with you but you actually did something right by giving us our titles back. Everybody knows we soundly defeated the Technicians. That Referee was just stupid and on the take. 

Gama: Brother Makhan speaks the truth. Everybody wants to see us loose these titles, even corrupt officials. However, at least you have some credibility Mr. Jarrett and saw the injustice. These titles are rightfully ours and will remain that way. 

Jarrett: Like I said, that was a one time deal because of the importance of the match. I have the upmost trust and respect for our officials. If I were you, I would be focused on the competition and the tournament. 

Gama: Who do you think you're talking to? We have never been more focused and we will prove that, if any team is brave enough to face us at the Karachi Vice Invitational!  

Lance: Wow that was a lot to process. I do feel bad for the Technicians and I'm sure they will be granted a rematch. Let's go to the ring. 

George Wells vs. Vic Dutro 

wells.jpg.a343f0e17677c1c501b25f2d91b075ca.jpg

The fans cheer as Wells (bandage up head) back drops Dutro. Wells hops on the middle ropes. Dutro staggers up and Wells puts him down with a flying shoulder block for the win! Wells goes to the podium while Lance shows some footage. 

Footage is shown from Evansville of the Bodacious vs. Wells/Lance Von Erich tournament qualifying match. The finish sees Gerry Morrow shattering a bottle of champagne over Wells head, costing him and Lance the match. 

Wells: Morrow! You've gone way over the line this time and brother you have to pay! Next week, here on TV, it's you and me! I want the world to see what I'm about to do to ya! 

Lance: I don't blame him one bit. Next week it'll be Wells vs. Morrow right here. Talk about a grudge match. We'll be back. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, I'm excited to announce a new TV title format that will begin this week. First, I would like to bring out the current TV champ, Tony St. Clair along with his manager, Les Thornton. 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpgles.jpg.0a23e8ec29398a19b807c6fa6cf3b761.jpg

Boos as St. Clair comes out in a UK themed robe, while Thornton waves the UK flag. Tony smiles as he opens his robe, revealing the TV title around his waist. 

Lance: Tony, I must say your TV title run has been nothing short of impressive.

Thornton: Of course it's been impressive you dunce. The man is simply the best and you and all these American saps can't deny it. Now get on with it Lance. What's this format all about?

Lance: (rolls his eyes) Ok, alright, so, starting tonight two randomly drawn wrestlers will wrestle. The winner will receive a TV title shot the following week. Which means, twice a month on TV, Tony St. Clair will be defending his title. 

Thornton: That's more than fine with us. All that means is Tony St. Clair will get to show all these lazy good for nothing Americans what a true champion is all about. Good day Lance. 

Lance: Ok well, the two names were drawn earlier and the match will take place right now. 

Big Man Steel vs. Jeff Sword w/Paul Jones and Doug Vines 

Steel spends a lot of the match not only fighting Sword but deals with distractions from both Jones and Vines. At one point, Jones distracts the Ref while Vines gets in the ring. The Duo swing Steel to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Steel swings back and puts them both down with a clothesline! Steel picks up Sword and hits a scoop powerslam for the 1..2..3! The fans cheer. Steel gets a TV shot against St. Clair next week. 

steel.jpg.0ad0438943194106de50db3cdcf06d81.jpg

Commercial Break 

Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea vs. Todd Rooney

kamala.jpg.ed53d453588c3457fd73a5e445f9a06f.jpg 

Kamala destroys Rooney with several thrusts and chops before putting him out of his misery with a big splash. Iaukea gets in the ring and instructs Kamala to inflict more pain. Kamala starts choking Rooney and wont let up. The Ref is yelling at Kamala to stop but the monster continues to choke the life out of Rooney. 

Huge pop as CARLOS COLON hits the ring and mows over Iaukea, then starts hammering away on Kamala! Boos as TNT and MARK LEWIN hit the ring. Followed by cheers as ROCKY JOHNSON and BILLY JACK STRONG run in! Its pandemonium! Fists are flying! The viewers get a good minute of fighting before a commercial ruins it. 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my, things have finally settled down but this fight is a long way from over. My goodness. Right...

Boos as Terry Funk and Jesse Barr storm the podium. Funk snatches the mic.

Funk: A couple weeks ago I had the pleasure of picking up that fat pig Dusty Rhodes and piledriving him right on (taps his title) this here title. I can't wait to whip that egg sucking dog at the David Von Erich tournament! And I don't have to because I get to do that tonight! Look at this kid (pointing to Barr) He reminds me of a Funk. He's raw and tough just like a Funk. We're going to have a fun time tonight whipp'n up on those two jack asses! 

Funk tosses the mic and him and Barr storm off. Lance is irritated as he picks up the mic. 

Lance: Let's go to the ring. 

The Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones vs. Royce Jenkins 

85839775_superdestroyer.jpg.b1297cf0e2449aa7b91741fb38422a70.jpg

Destroyer dismantles his opponent before finishing him off with a Superplex! Jones leads him to the podium. 

Jones: Did you see that Spoiler? You're going to regret the day you embarrassed Number 1 Paul Jones! The Super Destroyer is going to humiliate you and tear you apart and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it! 

Lance: You seem more upset than usual. Is it because Big Man Steel got the better of your Devil's Duo tonight? 

Jones: Don't you start with me Lance! The Devil's Duo are a team and they will be back on track when they win the tournament and collect that money! Watch yourself Lance! 

Super Destroyer steps up to Lance and stares him down before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

The Rock n Roll RPMs vs. The Rose Cousins (Pat and Randy)

rpms.jpg.64c485c4603516c11a7ce5ccbb345078.jpgroses.jpg.4926e359b136250af07e031631cde3de.jpg

RPMs look prime and ready for the DVE tournament as they control the match with quick tags, double team maneuvers and high octane offense. All four men end up in the ring. Randy lowblows Lane and hurls him out of the ring. Randy clotheslines Davis from behind. Randy hops on the middle ropes. Pat hoists Davis up in a vertical suplex position, then sets him up on Randy's shoulder. Randy has Davis in a powerslam position and crashes down on the canvas 1..2..3!! 

Lance: Wow! I think I would have to call that an upset. 

Lance waves the Rose Cousins over. The RPMs are still reeling and I'm not sure the loss has registered. 

Lance: Pat and Randy Rose. You guys just made your USWA debut and just upset a top ranked team that's heading into the DVE tag tournament. 

Randy: Hold on. Upset? If anybody is a top ranked team it's the Rose Cousins! We just put those Punks down with the Rose Bomb! And nobody gets up from that! 

Pat: This means we're in the tournament right? 

Lance: It's obvious you guys deserve to be in it but I'm afraid you've arrived just a bit to late. The 10 USWA teams have already been announced. However, I'm sure if you keep up those kinds of wins, a title shot will be in your future. 

Randy: That's a croc! We just proved our worth. We should be in and not those bleached blonde spandex wearing goofs. 

Pat: The Rose Cousins are here and we just got your attention! 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign and pans down to Brenda Britton. 

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the number one rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Now, before I get to my guests I have a few things to say. Somebody sent me a tape from Texas and on that tape was a man name Alvin saying some very false things about me. I assure you Alvin, everything about me is real and 100% natural, so if I were you I would choose your words more carefully. But enough about that Latin Loser and more about my show. Tonight's guests are the Central States tag team champions, the Bruise Brothers. 

snowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpgcash.jpg.853afb9e0d29379021ceecc772970eeb.jpg

"Boogie Fever" by the Sylvers plays as Porkchop Cash and the Snowman come out wearing matching blue wrestling pants, sparkling blue vests, gold chains, sunglasses and glitter blue bandanas. The titles are around their waists.

Brenda: You guys have charisma, no doubt about it. I know you have a lot on your minds. You're the Central States Champs and you'll be in the upcoming David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament in Texas. Texas, did you hear the comments that guy Alvin made about me? 

Snowman: Sorry Brenda, didn't catch them. The Bruise Brothers have been busy defending these here titles and getting ready to compete in the tournament. We're feeling great! 

Brenda: Well, he's a liar! 

Cash: (smiling and shaking his head) Ok Brenda, we believe ya baby. 

Brenda: Hey, don't make fun of me. You know something? I don't think you're going to be champions very much longer. I hear High Fly'n Fever is coming after you. Those are some really cool guys and make a great team so you're in trouble. 

Cash: Hey, we ain't ducking anybody! We took down the Devil's Duo and if High Fly'n Fever wants some.

Snowman: Then they can come and get some! 

Cash: That's exactly right! 

Cash and Snowman high five before leaving. 

Brenda: I can tell they're scared. And Alvin, if you tell anymore lies about me, then you'll be running scared. I mean it! Until next week, tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, as you know on February 12th, 13th and 14th, right here on the USA Network, the USWA, Twin States and Texas All-Star will present the David Von Erich Memorial Tag Team Tournament. 32 teams will compete for 100,000 dollars and the prestigious trophy. Terry Funk will defend the USWA World title against Dusty Rhodes as well as compete in the tournament with his brother Dory. This just announced. On night 1, Dick Slater will defend the Mid America title against Tully Blanchard. We'll hear from both men next week. Another team that will be in the tournament is set for action right now. 

The Fabulous Ones vs. Willie Lopez and Curtis Moore

fabs.jpg.d63d7e86f6d1ec0ca469ee25a6727ad8.jpg

Fabs have a little more aggression tonight as they take it to their opponents. The match ends when Lane superkicks Moore into a back suplex by Keirn for the pin! The fans cheer as the Fabs head to the podium. 

Lance: Well it seems that the Fullers and Jimmy Golden have targeted you guys. 

Lane: Once again they got us. Looks like big brother Ron wants to get involved. 

Keirn: Don't matter! Stan and I will take down the entire family one by one! Hey Rob! Jimmy! We are hoping and praying we cross paths in the tournament! 

Lane: You boys are going down! 

Commercial Break 

The Elvis version of Also Sprach Zarathustra plays 

A man wearing a king's crown and cape has his back turned.

"The real King of professional wrestling is coming soon" 

Lance: We keep hearing about the real King but I'm not sure if we'll ever see him. Let's go back to the ring. 

Lance Von Erich vs. Trent Watkins 

240247236_vonerich.jpg.945e900d5d52ff8f52f0c830dbbcb2b8.jpg

Lance body slams Watkins, then goes to the top ropes. Watkins staggers up and Lance hits a nice flying press for the win! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Before we get to our main event. I want to remind you next week, Tony St. Clair will defend the TV title against Big Man Steel. George Wells takes on Gerry Morrow in a grudge match. More tag team action as several teams tune up for the DVE tournament...

Boos as The Vin Man strolls out. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vin: Don't forget Lance. Next week Bodacious will be in action. You know why? Because they're in the tournament! HA! I told you so! Vin Man was here, YEA! 

Lance: (pauses then looks at the camera) Our main event when we come back. Should be a barn burner. 

Commercial Break 

USWA World Champ Terry Funk and "The Lone Wolf" Jesse Barr 

funk.png.969ae8dd903d66ba64eac48d5846e467.pngbarr.jpg.cc52f9ec9af05f583c6510bf2dbdbebe.jpg

vs

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and "Bulldog" Mike George 

dusty.jpg.1a75b592db6ccc0514c7f57e3aff4a2b.jpggeorge.jpg.6f2770b0d23e107773fd89126ba18475.jpg

The bell rings and fists fly! The Ref shows a lot of leniency as these guys tear into each other. George pounds away on Barr in the corner as Dusty hammers away on Funk in the opposite corner. They swing Funk and Barr into each other. Barr staggers back as George clotheslines him down. Funk is spinning around then staggers into a bionic elbow from Dusty. The Ref finally gets control.

George and Barr are in. George punches Barr then hoists him up and atomic drops him into a bionic elbow from Dusty on the apron. Barr staggers back, George grabs him and hits a German Suplex 1..2..Funk breaks it with a kick. Dusty runs in and punches Funk to the corner. The Ref guides Dusty back. George stands up but Funk clips him at the knee. Barr crawls over and tags in Funk.

Funk stomps away on George, picks him up and hits a twirling suplex. Funk picks up George by his hair then spits at Dusty. Dusty runs in but the Ref pushes him back. Barr sticks out his boot and Funk slams George's head on it then tags in Barr. Funk chokes George while Barr puts the boots to him. Barr swings George to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow blast. Barr goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop but George moves! The fans go wild as George dives over and tags in Dusty! 

Dusty swings Barr to the ropes and back drops him. Funk charges in but Dusty scoop slams him. Dusty works over Barr then tosses him to the corner and begs Funk to tag in. Funk tags in and the fans are going crazy. Funk starts yelling at the fans, then rushes at Dusty but Dusty hip tosses him over. Dusty grabs Funk by his hair and tosses him across the ring. Dusty picks up Funk and swings him into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Funk staggers forward and falls down face first. Barr runs in but George charges and tackles him, then unleashes with punches. 

Funk is in a daze as he staggers up. Dusty kicks Funk, then cradles him 1..2..3!!!! 

HUGE POP! 

Barr escapes by rolling out of the ring. Funk still in a daze but furious gets up and goes after Dusty but Dusty sends him bouncing out of the ring with a bionic elbow. Dusty and George celebrate. Funk walks around, then starts flipping over chairs. Funk goes to the podium. Funk once again snatches the mic from Lance, then pushes him away. 

Funk: Rhodes! Rhodes! This means war! I'm going to break every bone in your putrid body! You hear me Rhodes! You will never get my title! Never! You're a dead man Rhodes! A dead man! 

and we immediately start the show by giving the belts back to Karachi Vice! Man, when these guys finally, legit drop the belts, you are going to MAKE a babyface tag team!!

George Wells gets a quick victory and will get Champagne one on one next week. He may think he wants that, but I'm not sure he does!

Cool idea to pick challengers for the TV Title, gives everyone a chance but makes them earn it. The reign of St. Clair has been nothing short of phenomenal, but maybe this will lead to him finally meeting a challenger with the right talent to take the title. I'm going to go ahead and assume that Tugboat isn't that guy!

The war between Iaukea's Army and the Colon group is going to need to end in a cage or some kind of crazy gimmick. But I don't think it's quite over yet!

Wonderful interview by The Funker! But I'm not sure I could buy Jesse Barr as a Funk!

Super Destroyer picks up a nice win, and the battle of the masks is coming, and that should be a fun feud. Looking forward to it.

Hell Yeah! The Rose Cousins take out the RPMs!!! That automatically shoots them up my favorites list! Loving the after match promo, and I look forward to them moving up the ranks here.

Hmmm? I wonder how Brenda is going to feel after she gets the next tape from Texas? My boys the Bruise Brothers are looking good and feeling confident. If I were them I wouldn't be too worried about Gagne and Savoldi either!

The Fabs have to be considered one of the favorites in the tournament. Though Fuller/Golden will probably have something to say about that.

I am getting excited to find out who the "Real King" is!

Dusty pins Funk!! Oh Man, The Dream has momentum heading into the title match now! Barr and George will have to finish their rivalry another day, but oh my Dusty and Terry..... Things are likely to get real nasty, real soon!!

Good Stuff Dude! Things are building to the DVEMTT nicely, and all your other angles are shaping up quite nicely!

Really good show.  I know I said in this week for Texas All Star Wrestling but I am really loving how all the members of the USWA are working together to promote the DVE Memorial tourny.

Jarrett reverses the refs decison but says it is a one time deal.... I wonder if he can hold himself to that.  He might have opened up a door he can't close.

Nice job getting the viewers excited for next week with two big matches already signes... Wells and Morrow just feels so personal and St. Clair better eat well this week with BIg Man Steel waiting.

Nice brawl with Colon/Kamala etc.... I might put my money down on Iaukea when things get chaotic.

Like how Brenda goes right back at Alvin  (lol)

So who is the real King... I thought he was in the NWA!  (Wondering who this is going to be)

Like the team of the Rose Cousins.  They had some great personalities in that post match interview.  

WHAT A  MAIN EVENT---Rhodes with a pin on Funk... WOW

USWA @ The Roanne Fieldhouse 1-30-86

Powerage vs. Hard Knocks

These teams have unfinish business since a double DQ eliminated them from the DVE tag tournament. 

The finish sees Bassarab dropkick Myers out of the ring, then climbs to the top rope. Doring hits a snap suplex on Flowers and Bassarab follows with a flying leg drop to get a satisfying win! 

Billy Jack Strong vs. TNT w/Curtis Iaukea 

After a hard hitting few minutes, Iaukea gets on the apron and holds Billy Jack. TNT charges but Billy moves and TNT hits Iaukea off the apron. Billy grabs TNT and hits a German suplex for the 1..2..3! 

"Bulldog" Mike George vs. "The Lone Wolf" Jesse Barr

George pins Barr with a quick roll up. After the match, Barr has a complete meltdown. He flips over chairs and even flips over the announcer's table. He almost starts a riot by wanting to fight several rowdy fans. 

Central States Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. High Fly'n Fever 

Gagne and Savoldi make the mistake of taking the fight outside the ring. Cash sends Gagne into the crowd with a jumping headbutt. A fan pours a beer on Gagne. Savoldi tries to hit Snowman with the ring bell but Snowman kicks Savoldi, snatches the ring bell and blasts him, then picks him up and executes a running powerslam on the concrete! The match ends in a double c.o. Savoldi is stretchered out while Gagne staggers along with him, holding his beer soaked head.  

Big Man Steel vs. "The Vin Man" Vinnie Valentino w/"Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly

Vinnie spends the first few minutes stalling and trying to stay away from Steel. Kelly distracts Steel. Vinnie goes to the top rope. Steel turns around and Vinnie hits a flying press 1..2..Steel throws Vinnie off him. Kelly gets on the apron but Steel gets up and sends him flying with a forearm blast. Vinnie tries to run but Steel catches him, swings him into the corner and hits an avalanche. Steel pushes Vinnie down and covers 1..2..3! Kelly runs in and nails Steel from behind. Kelly gets Steel up, barley clamps on the full nelson and slams him face first into the canvas. Kelly helps Vinnie to the back 

Carlos Colon and "Soulman" Rocky Johnson vs. Kamala and "Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea 

This is a wild one! After 10 minutes of crazy fighting, the Ref takes a bump. Kamala and Johnson are fighting on the outside. Iaukea runs in the ring. Him and Lewin double team Colon. TNT runs in the ring. Lewin holds Colon. TNT executes a spin kick but Colon ducks and TNT nails Lewin! Billy Jack Strong hits the ring and hurls Iaukea out of there. Colon covers Lewin as the Ref crawls over and counts 1..2..3! Billy and Colon run outside and help Johnson fight off Kamala. The babyfaces finally exit.

TNT helps Lewin up but Lewin pushes him away. Iaukea and Kamala get in the ring. Iaukea is berating TNT. Things get heated and Iaukea slaps TNT. TNT is livid and punches Iaukea. Lewin comes from behind and clamps the sleeper on TNT! Iaukea gets up and starts kicking TNT. Lewin throws TNT on the ground. Kamala swings off the ropes and hits a big splash! Iaukea yells for more. Lewin slams TNT and Kamala hits another splash! Cheers as Colon, Strong and Johnson come back to the ring to stop this madness. 

The Spoiler vs. Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones

Chaos is the theme tonight. This one's a no contest as Spoiler and Super D fight all over the place before the match even starts. Jones manages a few shots but takes a few more. 

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/Mid America Champ "Unpredictable" Dick Slater and The Fabulous Ones

vs.

Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll and The Stud Stable (The Fullers and Jimmy Golden) 

After a wild night of wrestling, the fans get an action packed main event. This match goes back and forth for 45 minutes. Of course it ends with all 8 men fighting. Dusty and Ron Fuller are brawling on the outside. Slater sends Tully over the top rope with a clothesline. The Fabs atomic drop Rob and Golden into each other, then put Golden down with a double dropkick 1..2..3! 

Aww....Jerry Jarrett gives the belts back to Karachi Vice...which is perfect because it piles even MORE heat on them than they already had! Good stuff here!

Wells is looking for revenge on Morrow next week for the bottle shot, Gerry might have to call in some favors!

I love the format for establishing challengers for the TV title....though I'm not sure anyone is going to manage to get it away from St. Clair who has proven to be just as dominant of a TV champ here as Rick Martel was! Big Man Steel will be a big challenge size wise...but not sure he has the experience to take down St. Clair.

I look forward to seeing Kamala/TNT/Lewin meet Johnson/Strong/Carlos in six man tag action!

Funk manages to throw a little more gas on an already raging fire on the mic, I love it!

Super D vs. the Spoiler is going to be fun to watch, not sure how the Spoiler will offset the advantage of Super D having Jones and the Devil's Duo behind him.

Great debut for The Rose Cousins defeating the RPMS....and a solid performance on the mic as well, a great addition to the tag ranks here!

Another fun episode of the Beauty Shop.....I like that Brenda acknowledged the remarks from "Alvin"...this is going to be a fun "feud" among the hosts!

The Fabs as pissed....some people may think of them as pretty boys....but anybody who saw their wars in Memphis back in the day with the Moondogs and the Assassins know these guys get violent when pressed....the Stud Stable may regret their actions!

I can't wait to see who this new KING is!

HUGE TV MAIN EVENT!! I can only imagine how wrestling fans were glued to the screen for this one.....and then we get DUSTY PINNING FUNK!! I'm sure the ticket sales just surged for the DVEMTTT as soon as this show went off the air!

onward to the house show!

Powerage gets the win over Hard Knocks

Nice win for BJS over TNT!

Colon/Johnson get a win over Kamala/Lewin and then things breakdown for King Curtis and company......TNT gets taken out! Interesting development!

Spoiler/Super D are just getting started!

WOW...what a wild main event! Worth the price of admission all by itself! 

Fun times here in the USWA, great work!