Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

USWA @ The Kentucky Freedom Hall 3-6-86

uswa.jpg.5d95a85fc62a22bdaa41dd96698d75cf.jpg

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Two Local Talents 

Jayhawks get the crowd going by winning the match with a double clothesline. 

"The Great" Gagne w/Bodyguard Duker vs. Bob Roop 

Roop wins the match by DQ after Duke nails Roop with a loaded forearm smash right in front of the Ref. 

The Stomper vs. Kamala w/Curtis Iaukea 

Stomper put a beating on Kamala but in the end, Iaukea hits Stomper with a kendo stick and Kamala puts him down with a double thrust shot for the pin. 

The South Pacific Connection vs. The Beasts of Burden w/Ox Baker

These two teams will meet at the Happening for the Central States tag titles. This match was signed before that announcement, so the fans in attendance get a preview. Well if their match at the Happening is anything like this one, then it's going to get wild. They battle to a chaotic 10 minute draw and keep on fighting long after the bell rings. 

Carlos Colon vs. "Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea 

Speaking of chaos, that's exactly what we get here. It's nothing but a non stop brawl. Once again Iaukea tries to get involved but this time it backfires as Colon pushes Lewin into him, sending him flying off the apron. Colon rolls up Lewin for the pin! Kamala hits the ring but Stomper is on it. Stomper gets some payback on Iaukea and plows right over him as he goes after Kamala. Post match brawl ensues. 

Curt Hennig vs. Keith Hart

Good technical bout but Hart gets in some cheap shots and heel tactics. Hart goes for a suplex but Hennig blocks it and hits a bridging cradle suplex for the win. After the match, Gagne and Duker come to ringside and taunt Hennig. Hennig invites Gagne in the ring but Gagne smirks and walks away. 

USWA Champ Terry Funk/Tully Blanchard/Super Destroyer and the Fullers w/Baby Doll, Paul Jones and Jimmy Golden (on crutches) 

vs

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes/The Spoiler/The Fabulous Ones and ??? 

Everybody is in the ring. The heels are wondering who this mystery partner is. The fans go bonkers as DICK SLATER runs into the ring and blasts away on Tully! The Ref says the heck with it and signals for the bell. The first few minutes is a fight! Dusty and Funk are trading blows. Spoiler and Super D are fighting in the corner. The Fabs and Fullers are brawling around the ring. Slater has Tully down and is unloading on him. Jimmy Golden tries to hit Lane with his crutch but Keirn runs over and Jimmy falls backwards and on the ground. Paul Jones jumps on the apron but Spoiler knocks him off. During all the chaos Baby Doll scratches Slater across his face, then pulls Tully out of the ring. 

Things get somewhat restored and we get a back and forth fight for the next 30 minutes. Everybody gets in theirs. 

At the 45 minute mark another wild melee happens and everybody is brawling again. Tully tries to run up the aisle but Slater catches him and hurls him into the guard railing. Dusty clotheslines Funk over the top rope but the momentum carries both men over. On the outside, Jones finally gets a shot in on the Spoiler with his cane, allowing Super D to stomp away on him. Keirn and Rob Fuller are fighting in the corner. Lane hoists Ron Fuller up for a suplex but Jimmy Golden hits Lane's knee with his crutch. Fuller falls on top as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! 

Post match fight continues. Slater keeps pounding away on Tully's bloody head. Super D body slams Spoiler on the concrete. Fullers get out of there as the Fabs regroup. Dusty and Funk fight up the aisle. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The happening is going to be exactly that….it was already shaping up to be a huge card but now with Dusty vs. Funk for the USWA World title, it's definetely a can't miss event!

Adrenaline Rush vs. Harts Afire is another match I'll be looking forward to at the Happening!

So far the Stud Stable has managed to stay a step ahead of the Fabulous Ones in this feud and they've struck here once again!

Mid America Champ Rocky Johnson says he's looking forward to facing Gerry Morrow but he better beware because the "Champagne" man I'm sure has a few tricks up his sleeve this time around.

Kendo Nagasaki is proving to be a very solid addition to King Curtis' stable….Billy Jack is getting aquanted with that kendo stick

The "King" has arrived! I had a feeling Roy Lee was going to be the King here….Ironically, I was just watching some old Continental this past week on youtube and saw a segment where they had a Ronald Reagan voice impersonator putting over Welch, great stuff.  I loved the "win one for the Gipper" line as well.  I can only imagine the kind of heat this gimmick would generate in Memphis especially with Lawler not being here to confront him! This should be a lot of fun!

As if I didn't already think Morrow was a great man of high moral standards, he's reaching out to his friend Carl Fergie in his time of need….I look forward to seeing things play out here!

Excited to see the Kansas Jayhawks here, it just feels right but they instantly find themselves on the wrong side of the Karachi Vice! This should make for some wild matches!

Can El Canek be the man to dethrone St. Clair?? Maybe, maybe not but either way it should make for a helluva match!

WOW, Jerry Jarrett with some BOMBSHELL announcements for the Happening!! The six man steel cage elimination match will be madness considering those involved! Then Dick Slater returns to be involved in a STEEL CAGE TAPED FIST TORNADO STREET FIGHT teaming with the Fabs against the Fullers and Tully Blanchard!! That's going to be a off the charts!!

The stakes are high in the 'Mask vs. Mask' match with Spoiler taking on Super D….hard to say which way that is going to go!

On to Freedom Hall……..

Stomper vs. Kamala would be worth the price of admission alone! Batte of the Monsters! Kamala gets the win thanks to some help from King Curtis!

South Pacific Connection is a great tream but I'd be lying if I said I'm not pulling for the Beasts of Burden!

Nice win for Curt Hennig over Keith Hart, even with the "Duker" by his side the "Great" Gagne didn't want any…lol.

OH MY GOD what a MAIN EVENT!!  Unbelievable star power here in a match I'm sure sold even more tickets to 'The Happening'

Great stuff as always!

USWA Breaking News 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody, Lance Russell here with a special announcement. Due to a last minute NBA schedule change, the USWA's next big close circuit event, The Happening will now take place on Friday March 26th at the Market Square Arena. Everything has been worked out and finalized. On that night you will see Terry Funk defend the USWA World title against The American Dream Dusty Rhodes.  Once again that's Friday March 26th. I look forward to seeing you there. 

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Convention Center 3-12-86

Show opens with footage from the Freedom Hall as Dick Slater returns to the ring. 

Lance Russell: Hello everyone and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. I'm sure you all have heard by now and if you haven't, I'll announce it again. Our next big closed circuit event, the Happening will now take place on Friday, March 26th. The good news is, we only have to wait two weeks for that tremendous event. On that note, USWA Champ Terry Funk will be here tonight as well as his Happening challenger, Dusty Rhodes. A lot of action tonight including Carlos Colon vs. Mark Lewin with Curtis Iaukea in his corner. You will...

Boos as Tully Blanchard and Baby Doll come out. 

Tully: What the hell is going on around here? That dirt bag Dick Slater shows up at the Freedom Hall and that stooge Jerry Jarrett is ok with it? Dick Slater wasn't medically cleared so in my opinion he should be suspended from the USWA. Oh but no, he's one of Jarrett's golden boys. I want Jarrett to know my personal team of lawyers are launching an investigation into his corrupt politics. You're done Jarrett! You hear me? Done! 

Cheers as Jerry Jarrett comes out smiling. 

Jarrett: First off Tully Blanchard, Dick Slater was medically cleared. Turns out he was a week ahead of schedule as he responded well to the physical therapy. Don't forget Tully, it was you who attacked him like a coward in the training room and it was you who forced him to vacate the Mid America title. You'll be in that cage at the Happening but why should we all wait for that? I've decided that tonight's main event will be Dick Slater versus you Tully Blanchard! Tell your lawyers to look into that! 

Jarrett leaves as Tully throws a tantrum while Baby Doll tries to calm him down.  

Lance: Ok, big main event set for tonight. Fans, let's get to the ring. 

Hart's Afire vs. Clinton Stitch and Sam Smith 

bruce.jpg.b85272cebaf83a29ce62164e6eb0407e.jpgkeith.jpg.2c669dcad1abece5c5c9424026c46c10.jpg

Hart's use a lot of technical maneuvers while throwing in a lot of cheap heeling. Keith executes a backbreaker on Smith then tags in Bruce. Bruce applies the Boston Crab and it's all over. 

Harts cut a promo on their Happening opponents Adrenaline Rush. They say they are nothing but boys trying to make it in a man's world. At the Happening they will show Adrenaline Rush why their wrestling skills separates the men from the boys. 

Commercial Break 

Bob Roop vs. Todd Rooney 

roop.jpg.1ee632491b104a58054fd29dc057832e.jpg

Roop works his opponent over pretty good before finishing him off with the running shoulder breaker. 

Lance: Ok, Bob Roop looking pretty sharp as he tunes up for his match with Kevin Kelly at the Happening. Speaking of the Happening, on that night you will see a special international match between TV champ Tony St. Clair and UWA Mexican Champ El Canek. I want to show you some highlights of El Canek in action and then we'll hear from Les Thornton and Tony St. Clair. 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Samba Pa Ti by Santana plays as highlights are shown of El Canek in action. Canek uses a variety of moves including body slamming huge men, Argentine backbreaker rack, spinning leg lariat, bow and arrow hold and his Gorilla press drop. Footage ends with Canek standing in the middle of the ring holding his UWA title up. 

Lance: I'm here with TV champ Tony St. Clair and his manager Les Thornton. You gentlemen have got to be impressed with what you just saw. I'm sure you're in serious preparations for that international star. 

tony.jpg.c0c376e154153263dacb429e6d3111bb.jpgles.jpg.0a23e8ec29398a19b807c6fa6cf3b761.jpg

Les: Anything else you would like to add? You truly make me sick. Tony St. Clair has held this TV title for almost a year. That's unheard of! Yet, we come out here and you sing praises to El Canek. I'll tell you what Lance. How about we really see just who is the superior wrestler at the Happening. 

Lance: What exactly do you mean? 

Les: Real simple. El Canek puts his UWA title on the line and Tony St. Clair puts his TV title on the line. I want Mexico to know what Europe and the United States already knows and that Mr. St. Clair is simple the best. Tony, I have to ask you a question. After you beat El Canek and win his title, do you have enough space in your trophy room to showcase it? 

Tony: (Laughs then stops to contemplate that) Not yet but I'll make the necessary renovations. 

Les waves the UK flag as Tony holds up his TV title to the booing fans. 

Commercial Break 

The South Pacific Connection (Siva Afi and Cocoa Samoa) vs. Neil Jurgens and Davey Klein 

afi.jpg.69cc7f3d688142675d8d42ccf73ac06a.jpgcocoa.jpg.70f53fe50b5b7f73dfdb2f77900b6905.jpg

SPC double chop Jurgens out of the ring. They double slam Klein, then hop on opposite corner middle turnbuckles and crash down with stereo diving headbutts for the win. 

Lance: Ok, South Pacific Connection, come on over here. At the Happening, you will be wrestling Ox Baker's Beasts of Burden for the vacated Central States tag team titles. 

Boos as Ox Baker comes out.

ox.jpg.2587ca9dae80e4ced602e0119d4df767.jpg

Lance: Easy Ox, I don't want any trouble.

Ox: Shut up Lance! Do you see my team out here with me? I'm not out here to start trouble. I'm out here to give these savages a simple message. You two don't stand a chance against my Beasts. They're hungry! They have desire! They've been on a path of destruction and nothing can stop them. You two are just in the way. I'm here to say GET OUT OF OUR WAY! 

Ox walks away leaving his ominous words behind. 

Cocoa: He talks like we've never been in fights before. Ox Baker! Siva and I have been in wars in the ring, spilt blood in the ring, so brother bring your beasts. 

Siva: Because we'll be waiting! 

Commercial Break 

Carlos Colon vs. "Maniac" Mark Lewin w/Curtis Iaukea 

colon.jpg.df5c80283fd3edef392a672cd9d7edea.jpglewin.jpg.c20b8b55a834aa54fba7c171c19c9975.jpgcurtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Lewin and Iaukea attack at the bell. The Ref threatens Iaukea with a DQ and Iaukea calmly exits. Lewin is all over Colon with kicks, stomps and a lot of choking. Lewin swings Colon to the ropes and clotheslines him down, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lewin distracts the Ref as Iaukea chokes Colon. Iaukea holds Colon. Lewin charges but Colon elbows Iaukea and moves as Lewin nails Iaukea, sending him flying off the apron. 

Colon fires up and unloads on Lewin, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Lewin staggers up and Colon scoop slams him. Colon goes to the top rope. Lewin staggers up and Colon nails him with a flying clothesline 1..2..NO! KENDO NAGASAKI hits the ring and nails Colon with his kendo stick! The Ref signals for the DQ. Iaukea makes a signal and out comes KAMALA! Kendo smacks Colon with the kendo stick as Lewin stomps on Colon. Kamala is ready to hit the big splash but BILLY JACK STRONG and THE STOMPER run in with fists flying! It's an all out brawl into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: My goodness. Stomper and Strong are helping Colon over here. I hope all this gets resolved at the Happening when those 6 men will meet in an elimination cage match. 

Colon: (shaking the cob webs) Iaukea! Kamala! Lewin! Nagasaki! You started a war and we intend on winning it! At the Happening it will be a battle of survival. Just look at us! We are fit and ready for war. We promise, Iaukea and his monsters will be eliminated and gone! 

Lance: A very intense Carlos Colon. This certainly has been a war between those two groups and only one team will survive at the Happening. Back to the ring. 

The Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones vs. Todd Rooney 

85839775_superdestroyer.jpg.b1297cf0e2449aa7b91741fb38422a70.jpgjones.jpg.6527bd1ab9f3cd627c6ea9b148e8852d.jpg

Jones shouts out words of encouragement as Super D dismantles his opponent. Super D finally puts him out of his misery with the Superplex! 

Jones leads Super D to the podium. 

Jones: Tick tock, tick tock. Only two more weeks until I get to relish in seeing my Super Destroyer beat down and defeat the Spoiler. And then I will take the upmost satisfaction and pleasure of ripping that mask off and exposing that ugly face of his. It's his turn to be embarrassed and embarrassed he will be! Lance, I can't wait! Oh I can't wait! 

Jones walks away as Super D bumps Lance's shoulder on the way out. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink neon 'Beauty Shop' sign then pans down on Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome once again to the highest rated segment in wrestling, the Beauty Shop. Now, there's no way I can top last week's show. After all, I was in the presence of the one and only true King of professional wrestling Roy Lee Welch. However, I do have a pretty big announcement to make. At the Happening, yours truly has been asked to be the special ring announcer for the USWA world championship bout between Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes. That's right! You all get to hear me! I just hope I don't overshadow the match. Anyways, my guest tonight is a pretty big deal himself but I think his title is in serious jeopardy at the happening. Please welcome out the Mid America Champ, Rocky Johnson. 

Big pop as Johnson comes out with jeans, a tank top, gold chain and the title on his shoulder.

rocky.jpg.33d34a96959ea66ea5801042a78de6c3.jpg

Britton: Welcome champ, (looks him up and down) I will admit, you are pretty well put together. But, at the happening, you'll be facing the ever so classy Champagne Gerry Morrow. He's a good friend of mine you know. 

Johnson: Sorry to hear that Brenda.

Britton: Hey, that's not nice. Just what's your problem with him anyway? Right now he's at the hospital visiting his best friend Carl Fergie. That makes him a good man in my book.

Johnson: Trust me, he's no man. This all started with that cowardly and vicious attack he did on my good friend George Wells. By the way, Carl Fergie was involved in that as well. George just got out of the hospital and now Fergie is feeling what it's like. Sounds like bad karma to me. 

Britton: You're just mean. 

Johnson: Just giv'n it to you straight. 

Britton: You may have defeated Gerry to get that title but at the Happening I think he's going to win it. 

Johnson: Well he sure can come and try. I'm looking forward to it. We have unfinished business and rest assured I'm going to finish it at the Happening! 

The fans cheer as Johnson holds up his title before exiting. 

Britton: Oh he's so arrogant. I can't wait until Gerry beats him and then I'll have him on my show for a toast. I know he won't want to toast with that square Lance Russell. Until next week tooooodles.  

Commercial Break 

Curt Hennig vs. Vic Dutro 

hennig.jpg.9f15335e0fcb16a1c7f14e5e533c6ad4.jpg

Hennig puts Dutro down with a beautiful high dropkick. Hennig picks up Dutro and executes a bridging cradle suplex for the win. 

Lance: Another impressive win for Curt Hennig. Curt, it's you and Greg Gagne at the Happening. For some reason he's taken issue with you being a second generation star. 

Hennig: I don't know what his deal is and why he has issues with his father. Hey, I'm proud of being the son of Larry the Axe Hennig. I'm just hoping I can live up to the name. As for Gagne. He can keep talking but at the Happening I'll be doing my talking in the ring. Gagne, you better be focused buddy. 

Commercial Break 

Bodacious w/Vin Man vs. Willie Lopez and Trent Watkins

sommers.jpg.31ef21eee3e5ef7bebbab1bd95cccaef.jpgdonovan.jpg.fed84b89ec1f2dea724437258b7b33c9.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie is having a great time as his team works over their opponents. Every time they hit a devastating maneuver, he looks at the camera, winks and smiles. Sommers and Donovan finish things off with a double hot shot for the win. 

Kevin Kelly joins them at the podium. 

Vin: Can you feel it Lancey? 

Lance: (rolls his eyes) What might that be? 

Vin: (deep breath) Sweet victory is upon us. You go first Kev.

Kevin: I saw Bob Bloop out here earlier. I'm sure he's sucking oxygen in the back right now. 

Everybody laughs. 

Vin: Bloop is next up on Kev's list. Everybody on that list is gone courtesy of Mr. Magnificent. NOW! I hope the Clown Brothers have those USWA titles shined up nice for my team of Bodacious. Lancey, wont those titles look soooooooo good around Chick and Doug's waists? It's meant to be. Bodacious has the look, the moves, the charisma and the soul to get it done, something those clown brothers are very very very short of. Come on guys, group hug. Not you Lance.

They all laugh and have a group hug as the fans boo. 

Commercial Break 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater vs. Tully Blanchard w/Baby Doll 

slater.jpg.32202cdf407453ca49175fa337c47e0f.jpgtullly.jpg.e0fa60babed04b2e7a50c4c16ba18f19.jpg588199147_babydoll.jpg.f353094a68d097eda5ee4ec8e7731982.jpg

The bell rings as Slater slides in. Tully runs out of the ring. Slater goes out after him but Tully puts Baby Doll between them. Baby Doll is yelling at Slater, Tully tries to cheap shot Slater but Slater blocks it and pounds away on Tully. Slater slams Tully's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. 

Slater swings Tully to the ropes and puts him down with a big right punch, then follows with a well targeted fist drop 1..2..Tully gets his shoulder up. Slater grabs Tully by his hair and just punches away. Slater swings Tully into the corner and follows with a running forearm blast. Slater hops on the turnbuckles and the fans count along as Slater punches him 10 times. Slater hops down as Tully slowly walks forward and drops. Slater hoists Tully up for a vertical suplex but Baby Doll reaches in and trips Slater. Both men crumble down. Slater staggers up, goes to the ropes and warns Baby Doll. Baby Doll yells and distracts Slater as Tully regroups. Tully charges and nails Slater with a high knee to the back.

Tully shakes the cobwebs, grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Slater. Tully vertical suplexes Slater and follows with several consecutive elbow drops 1..2..Kick Out. Tully hoists Slater up and atomic drops him into the corner. Slater hits the turnbuckles and staggers into a back suplex by Tully 1..2..Slater gets his shoulder up. Tully and Baby Doll berate the Ref. Tully slams Slater by the ropes then swings off the opposite ropes and baseball slides Slater out of the ring. Tully distracts the Ref as Baby Doll rakes Slater's eyes. Tully goes out to the apron and waits. Slater slowly rises, Tully leaps off going for a double axehandle but Slater flips him over with a punch to the gut! 

The fans fire Slater up. Slater grabs Tully and slams him on the concrete! Slater picks up Tully by his hair and hurls him into the ring. Slater goes to the top rope. Tully slowly rises and Slater puts him down with a double axehandle. Slater picks up Tully and hits his swinging neckbreaker 1..2..WAIT! RON and ROB FULLER hit the ring and put the boots to Slater. Once again we get a DQ. 

ron.jpg.e268a5111d3c4a52aa9ccd196df20aa6.jpg467801893_studstable.jpg.9131425a767a9c63b39f40c7bcdb40f6.jpg

Jimmy Golden comes out on crutches and cheers his guys on. Fullers grab Slater and choke him at the ropes. Golden whacks Slater with his crutch! 

MEGA POP! As the FABULOUS ONES run out! They push Golden over and hit the ring with fists flying! Another fight into the commercial. 

fabs.jpg.d63d7e86f6d1ec0ca469ee25a6727ad8.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: Another volatile situation. Now I know why Jarrett put together 2 cage matches for the Happening. Ok, here they come, Tully Blanchard and the Stud Stable. You guys better be ready for that steel cage, taped fist tornado match. You wont be able to count on Baby Doll or Jimmy Golden's crutches.

ROB: Now you just hold on there Lance Russell. You're looking at civilized men. Did you just see what those animals did to cousin Jimmy. Very uncivilized. 

Ron: Tell em Rob. Fabulous Nones, you boys are in a lot of trouble. Come the Happening, you're going to find out just what a fight is. Tully, we told you we got your back, so let's take them down. 

Tully: Ron, I couldn't of asked for better partners. Dick Slater! You've been nothing but a pain since I got here. You're not as tough as you think you are. My taped fists will be red with your blood! 

Lance: Tensions are on the rise as we head into the Happening. I'll be talking with Dusty Rhodes when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, please welcome out the man who will be facing Terry Funk for the USWA world title at the Happening, the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. 

dusty.jpg.1a75b592db6ccc0514c7f57e3aff4a2b.jpg

The fans are up and cheering as Dusty comes out in jeans, boots, T-Shirt and cowboy hat. 

WHAM! He's nailed from behind by TERRY FUNK! Terry's in jeans, western shirt and boots. He puts those boots to work as he stomps on Dusty. 

funk.png.5cf1ed7856415855393878b9fac40059.png

Terry is screaming "PIG!" as he picks up Dusty and hurls him in the ring. Terry swings Dusty to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Dusty swings back and puts Terry down with a clothesline. Dusty is pissed as he tears his shirt off. Terry staggers up and Dusty unloads with fists, then spins them and puts Terry down with a bionic elbow. Terry rolls out of the ring. Dusty goes out after him, grabs him and rips the shirt off his back. Terry is in a daze as Dusty hurls him back in the ring. 

Dusty goes up to Terry but Terry lowblows him, then rakes his eyes. Terry uses the ropes to help himself up. Terry takes off his boot and whacks Dusty over his head. Dusty falls back and under the ropes to the outside. Terry is pacing around the ring like a madman. Dusty is on the ground but he's taking off his own boot. Terry goes out to the apron and jumps off with another boot shot but Dusty hits him with his boot first. Funk is on his knees as Dusty whacks him across the face with his boot. 

Finally a swarm of wrestlers come out to stop this. The show ends with both men bleeding and wanting more. 

USWA presents 

The Happening

Friday March 26th

Market Square Arena and available on closed circuit TV 

USWA World Title Bout 

Terry Funk (C) vs. "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

Special guest ring announcer- Brenda Britton 

STEEL CAGE TAPED FIST TORNADO MATCH! 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater and The Fabulous Ones vs. Tully Blanchard and The Fullers w/Baby Doll and Jimmy Golden 

STEEL CAGE ELIMINATION MATCH! 

Carlos Colon, Billy Jack Strong and The Stomper vs. Kamala, "Maniac" Mark Lewin and Kendo Nagasaki w/Curtis Iaukea 

Mid America Title Bout 

"Soul Man" Rocky Johnson (C) vs. "Champagne" Gerry Morrow 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. Bodacious w/ The Vin Man 

Special International (Just added) Title vs. Title Bout 

UWA Mexican Champ El Canek vs. TV Champ Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton 

Mask vs. Mask 

The Spoiler vs. The Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones 

For the Central States Tag team titles 

Curt Hennig vs. "The Great" Gagne w/Bodyguard Duker 

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. Karachi Vice 

Bob Roop vs. "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man 

Adrenaline Rush vs. Hart's Afire 

King's Court Open Challenge

"The King" Roy Lee Welch vs. ???

That's a stacked card and the build is really hot. I love Terry Funk's crazy brand of violence. El Canek versus Tony St. Clair is an interesting addition as a perfect mid-card treat.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I'm actually most looking forward to Curt Hennig and Greg Gagne. The star(s) of tomorrow.

Looking forward to the Happening!  

It is nice to see that Tully whines no matter what promotion he is in.  Looking forward to Slater sticking it to him in the main event!

El Canek looks like one big boy!  St. Clair might finally get a beating.

Whethter it is in the ring or on the mic, Ox Baker is one scardy dude.  Glad you brought him back into the game.

Speaking of scary... King Curtis.  That was a great match for TV!  Love the chaos.

Rocky was so matter of fact in the Beauty Shop that Brenda didn't know what to say for once.  Loved it.

Curt Hennig is going to be huge in the .....

Bob Bloop... lol!

WOW.... Awesome last few segments.  Slater vs Tully... here comes Fuller and Golden... here comes the Fab Ones.  Great way to push two storylines at once.

Not sure anything can be bigger than Fink vs Rhodes!

That was great reading!

USWA TV @ The Knoxville Civic Center 3-19-86

Lance opens the show with Jerry Jarrett on one side and Verne Gagne on the other. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of USWA wrestling here on the USA network. Well fans as you can see, joining me right now is Jerry Jarrett along with none other than former AWA owner Verne Gagne. For the past few weeks these men have met for several meetings. I understand Jerry and Verne have a very special announcement to make, so Jerry go right ahead. 

Jarrett: Thank you Lance. I couldn't be more happy because today is a historic day for wrestling. Verne and myself have entered into a partnership. The USWA will morph into the AWA. That's right. The AWA is back in the wrestling world and I'm thrilled to be a part of that great AWA history and tradition. 

Verne: Lance, great to be here and I'm looking forward to working with you. Jerry, thank you for helping making this all possible. I'm very excited the AWA is back in business and this time we're going to have some USWA seasoned into it. I think this is a great combination and will be a successful one. I will be working behind the scenes and Jerry will remain as acting President. 

Jarrett: Right now I can tell you that the upcoming closed circuit event the Happening will be the last event under the USWA banner. I can officially say, the USWA world title will become the AWA world title. The Mid America title will become the AWA National title. The USWA tag team titles will become the AWA world tag team titles. All  current title holders will remain. Our first order of AWA business at the Happening is the match between the South Pacific Connection and the Beasts of Burden will be for the AWA National tag team titles. The USWA is going out on a strong note but it's also the beginning of a new and exciting venture. 

Verne: It is indeed. We'll have a lot more information in the weeks to come and I'll see you at the first AWA TV show on April 2nd. 

Jerry and Verne shake hands and exit. 

Lance: Blockbuster announcement indeed. Wow, exciting times in wrestling. Tonight we'll be talking about the Happening. You'll see The Stomper versus Kendo Nagasaki. The King Roy Lee Welch will grace us with an appearance. And tonight's main event will be the Fabulous Ones taking on the Fullers, which will no doubt be a preview to their upcoming cage match at the Happening. Let's get to the ring. 

Adrenaline Rush vs. Sam Smith and Trent Watkins

bassarab.jpg.7af8ab61bdbd685cc951a4eaf3090b25.jpgtakano.jpg.d8218cea7dbed221c215ad273ba73e75.jpg

The fans are into this one as Adrenaline Rush gives them plenty to cheer about. Takano hits the inverted piledriver and tags in Bassarab, who follows with a flying leg drop from the top rope for the win! 

Adrenalin Rush cuts a promo and says Hart's Afire are making a huge mistake underestimating them and they're going to show them why at the Happening. 

Commercial Break 

"Champagne" Gerry Morrow vs. Todd Rooney 

morrow.jpg.309b00d4a4e21499f90a56871cd37371.jpg

Morrow infuriates the fans with his sheer arrogance. After toying with his opponent he finally finishes him off with the sleeper. 

Morrow grabs his Billionaire's title and heads to the podium. 

Morrow: Hello Lance, did you miss me? I'm happy to announce that my best friend Carl Fergie is progressing well and should be released from de Hospital very soon. Now, you might have noticed I don't have a bottle of champagne with me today. I have got a very special bottle on its way directly from France. I will open de bottle after I defeat Rocky Johnson for de soon to be AWA national title at de Happening. Can you think of a better man to represent de AWA on a national level than myself? You can not. Rocky Johnson, I am going to humiliate and defeat you once and for all. You're nothing but a talker and it's about time I shut you up. You're going to end up like George Wells and I will make sure of that. Maybe they both can be my butlers HA HA HA, goodbye Lance. De pleasure was all yours. 

Lance: (rolls his eyes) Fans, we'll be right back 

Commercial Break 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Carl Kellerman and Neil Jurgens 

jayhawks.jpg.184ce697dcb0c45ee7bd4b869761b3e6.jpg

Jayhawks dominate and finish things off with a double clothesline. 

Cheers as they head to the podium. 

Lance: Ok, at the Happening, you boys will be taking on the former USWA tag champs Karachi Vice. It seems they've taken a disliking to you. 

Dutch: That don't matter, we're not very likeable and we don't care. 

Jaggers: That's right! Karachi Vice wants a fight? Well, we're two guys that are gonna give em one! 

Commercial Break 

The Stomper vs. Kendo Nagasaki w/Curtis Iaukea 

stomper.jpg.b134b4edaed4efb4d4e823b4637df097.jpgkendo.jpg.36c5b78acdda3199cc1c47f9a4ed8ca3.jpg

The bell rings and the fight is on! They fight in and out of the ring and all around the ring. They're back outside and Iaukea tries to hit Stomper but Stomper puts him down and stomps away. MARK LEWIN runs out and attacks Stomper. The Ref signals for the DQ. Nagasaki gets his kendo stick but BILLY JACK STRONG runs out and clotheslines Nagasaki. KAMALA comes out and puts Strong down with a double thrust shot. Wait a minute! CARLOS COLON storms out and fires away on Kamala. Mass chaos as a commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Once again we get a pier six brawl between those six men. I'm sure things will finally get settled at the Happening when they meet in a 6 man elimination cage match. I've been told that when a wrestler is eliminated by pin or submission, the gate will be opened and 10 designated wrestlers will escort him out of there. It truly will be a match of survival. Ok, here comes Iaukea and his monsters. 

curtis.jpg.d653a32aa2083b1bc8c32108b2dba9a2.jpg

Iaukea: Can you feel it Lance? I sure can. The end is coming for the Stomper, Strong and most of all, you Carlos Colon! Nothing can save you! You will be locked inside a cage with these three. Three men who show no mercy. Three men who love the sight of their enemies blood. Three men who will show no remorse for what they do. One by one you will be eliminated. Oh I can just taste it Lance. Victory will be ours! 

Lance: I can tell you, I wouldn't want to be inside a cage with any of those men. It all goes down at the Happening. Speaking of the Happening, The King Roy Lee Welch has issued an open challenge. Welch will be here a bit later but right now we have a pre recorded statement from Welch who was at a very special location earlier this week. Let's check it out. 

You see the Graceland Mansion. 

Roy Lee Welch walks in front of it. He's wearing his crown, cape, sunglasses and carrying a scepter. 

Welch: Yes indeed, what a glorious sight this is. The one and only true king of professional wrestling standing in front of the home of the second most well known king. This just feels right. 

Welch smiles and takes it all in. 

Commercial Break 

The Beasts of Burden w/Ox Baker vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

nord.jpg.c8dddd0f870bc577e0bdc6327ba858b2.jpgrip.jpg.79204e93ea07378975a297575080f041.jpg

Total squash! Morgan and Nord send Lopez over the top rope with a double clothesline. They swing Dutro to the ropes and put him down with a double boot to the face for the win! The Beasts pick up a lifeless Dutro and hold him as Ox Baker nails him with the heart punch! 

Poor Dutro is stretchered out. 

Lance: Ok Ox, what was the point of that? That poor kid suffered series injuries. 

ox.jpg.2587ca9dae80e4ced602e0119d4df767.jpg

Ox: I don't care! That was a message to those island savages. I told them to stay out of the Beats way and if they don't they're going to get a lot worse! 

Morgan: (Stops stomping and huffing) We're coming to the Happening to get those titles! 

Nord: And we're going to beat those boys badly to get our titles! Huff! Huff! Huff! 

Ox: You see, those islanders don't have a prayer. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the pink "Beauty Shop" sign and pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to the number one rated segment in wrestling today, the Beauty Shop. I want to put everybody at ease. The Beauty Shop will be a part of the AWA so I'm not going anywhere. 

Boos

Britton: You people are so mean. Now, don't forget, yours truly will be the guest ring announcer for the USWA World title bout at the Happening. I hope they let me present the new AWA world title to the winner. I think they should. Ok, speaking of the Happening, my next guests will be defending the USWA tag titles against the charismatic team of Bodacious. Please welcome out the USWA champs, the Bruise Brothers. 

snowman.jpg.8707a32a546277c3841293ff0d0c1573.jpgcash.jpg.853afb9e0d29379021ceecc772970eeb.jpg

The fans cheer as 'Boogie Fever' blasts over the speakers. 

Cash and Snowman come out smiling and wearing black suits and sunglasses. They hold up their titles and high five each other. 

Britton: Well, I have to give you credit. You guys do have pizazz. However, I don't think you have the soul and charisma of Bodacious. Those guys just ooze coolness. 

Cash: They think they're real cool alright but not only are we full of cool but we get the job done inside the squared circle baby. 

Snowman: We've held titles since December and believe me when I tell you, we aint gonna lose them at the Happening. 

Boos as The Vin Man Vinnie Valentino strolls out. 

vin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Britton: My oh my, what a pleasant surprise. Hey Vin Man, welcome. 

Vin: Brenda, it's all my pleasure baby. (Vin kisses her on the cheek) 

Britton: What a sweet gentleman. So what brings you out? 

Vin: After hearing these two bore brothers I figured this week's show needed a shot of the Vin Man. (Looks at the Bruise Brothers) Now let's get something straight. You two don't stand a chance against Bodacious. They have all the goods. They got charisma, ability, unity, experience, they can defiantly sing and most of all they got more soul in their fingers then you two bores have in your entire bodies. So do the right thing and just hand over those titles and I'll go and exchange them for the AWA World titles. I want to make sure they look good on my guys. You two clowns picking up what I'm throwing down? 

Cash and Snowman look at each other, converse and smile. 

The fans go wild as they grab Vin Man, hoist him up, run him over to a trash can and throw him in! 

Britton: (screaming) Hey! 

The show ends with the Bruise Brothers holding up the titles with Vinnie upside down in a trashcan as Brenda frantically yells "Tooooodles" 

Commercial Break 

Karachi Vice vs. William Hillman and Dave Dougherty 

vice.jpg.902347706189b0cfe7304d130e115c23.jpg

Karachi Vice are aggressive tonight. Makhan slams Hillman, turns him over and hits a splash on the back. Makhan tags in Gama. Gama finishes things off with the camel clutch. 

Lance: Ok, Karachi Vice come on over. You heard the Kansas Jayhawks earlier and they're ready for a fight at the Happening. 

Makhan: Oh are they? Do they know who they're getting in the ring with? 

Gama: Brother Makhan is right. We held the USWA tag team titles for 9 months! We should be getting the shot at the titles but instead we are going against two uncivilized dirt farmers. Jayhawks! You are nothing but a stepping stone for us because we want nothing but the titles. We are going to make an example of you at the Happening. I hope Jarrett and Verne Gagne are watching closely because Karachi Vice is going to rule the AWA just like we did in the USWA! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok, please welcome out the self proclaimed true king of wrestling. Roy Lee Welch. 

The Elvis version of Also Sprach Zarathustra plays. 

welch2.jpg.7f8608503e5f78a1f9dab4cba8354012.jpg

After a minute, Welch comes out wearing his crown and cape. He stops in front of the podium, smiles, slowly puts his arms out and spins around. 

Lance: Glad you could finally grace me with an appearance. 

Welch: Trust me Lance Russell, you obviously weren't my first choice. I shouldn't even be talking with a peasant who idolizes a false king like Jerry the Jester Lawler. You know who's a class act? Brenda Britton. You saw how she welcomed me. That was truly fitting for the real king of wrestling, Roy Lee Welch. And not to mention, President Ronald Reagan's favorite wrestler. 

Lance: Ok, alright, well at the Happening you've issued a special King's court open challenge. You sure you want to put yourself out there like that? 

Welch: (Laughs) You make me laugh Lance. I'm the true king of wrestling. Why would I be worried? Brother I get the job done in the ring. You don't get to be king by losing you fool. I chose the Happening for my long awaited debut because the king is happening. I'm going to showcase my superior wrestling skills on some poor sap stupid enough to be embarrassed on a national platform. I'm winning this one for the Gipper. All eyes will be on the king at the Happening and I know the AWA is ecstatic that the one and only true king of professional wrestling has arrived. 

The music hits as Welch raises his arms and holds out his robe. 

Commercial Break 

"The Great" Gagne w/Bodyguard Duker vs. Clinton Stitch 

gagne.jpg.085d8e429a64a34587adac4978766b0b.jpgduke.jpg.f54bc561cfa7ff5c8d2585ec49c1b27d.jpg

Duker cheap shots Stitch with a loaded forearm to the back from the apron. Stitch stumbles into a high dropkick by Gagne for the win. 

Lance: I have to ask Greg, what do you think about the AWA coming back and your father holding a behind the scenes authority position? Have you two spoken? 

Gagne: My last name is Gagne which means I'm a partner. I have nothing but respect, loyalty and love for my father. 

Lance: Wait a minute. For the past year, you've been nothing but...

Duker snatches the mic from Lance and stares him down. 

Gagne: Thank you Duker. Quit causing trouble Lance or I'll fire you. Now, the first order of business of mine will be to sign me for a AWA world title match after I beat Curt Hennig at the Happening. You see, Curt Hennig is a guy who lives off his father's name. He doesn't want to earn anything on his own merit. No room for guys like that in the AWA. At the Happening I'll take care of Hennig and then I'll get my long awaited and extremely overdue world title shot. 

Commercial Break 

The camera is shaking as it follows a brawl between the Spoiler and Super Destroyer in the back. Paul Jones is laid out as Spoiler and Super D have a furious exchange. It's finally broken up by numerous wrestlers. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: My goodness, the Spoiler and Super Destroyer were just involved in a very heated confrontation in the back. Those two will defiantly resolve their issues at the Happening when they meet in a mask versus mask match. Ok, I had to catch my breath. Time for our main event. Should be another wild one. 

The Fabulous Ones vs. The Fullers w/Jimmy Golden (On crutches) 

fabs.jpg.d63d7e86f6d1ec0ca469ee25a6727ad8.jpgron.jpg.e268a5111d3c4a52aa9ccd196df20aa6.jpg467801893_studstable.jpg.9131425a767a9c63b39f40c7bcdb40f6.jpg

The bell rings and tempers of course flare and before we know it, fists are flying! Ron pounds away on Keirn in the corner as Rob hammers away on Lane in the opposite corner. Fullers whip the Fabs into each other but Lane leapfrogs over Keirn and dropkicks Ron into the corner as Keirn nails Rob with a clothesline into the corner. Fabs make the signal and swing the Fullers into each other. Fullers bump and bounce to the outside. Golden is threatening the Fabs with his crutches and yelling at them. Fullers stumble around. Fabs go to the outside, pound away on them and hurl them back into the ring. 

The Ref gets control. Keirn swings Ron to the ropes and back drops him, then tags in Lane. Keirn swings Ron and Lane puts him down with a superkick 1..2..Rob breaks it. Keirn is all over Rob. The Ref guides Keirn back to the corner which allows Rob to drop a knee on Lane. The Fullers double vertical suplex Lane. Ron tags in Rob. Rob works over Lane. Ron sticks his boot out and Rob slams Lane's head on it then tags in Ron. Fullers execute a double rib breaker. Ron covers 1..2..Keirn drops a leg on Ron's head. Rob runs in and him and Keirn trade punches. The Ref finally gets control. Ron tags in Rob. Rob swings Lane into the corner and charges in but Lane moves, dives over and tags in Keirn! 

The fans are up and cheering as Keirn is all over Rob. Keirn hoists Rob up for an atomic drop. Ron runs in but Keirn atomic drops Rob into Ron! Ron bounces through the ropes. Keirn cradles Rob 1..2..NO! TULLY BLANCHARD runs in and starts stomping on Keirn. While this was happening, Golden smacked Lane's back with his crutch before Lane could get in the ring. 

The Ref signals for the DQ.

Ron gets back in the ring. The Fullers and Tully work over Keirn but not for long. The fans roar as DICK SLATER storms the ring swinging a chair! Fullers get out. As Tully runs to the ropes, Slater blasts him with the chair and sends him flying out of the ring. Baby Doll runs over to help Tully. Lane slowly slides into the ring. Him and Slater help Keirn up. They head to the podium. 

The Fabs are still reeling. 

Lance: At the Happening, you three will take on those three in a steel cage, taped fist tornado match. I don't think I've ever seen that type of match but it seems like the only way to end all this. 

Slater: Tully Blanchard! You're nothing but a cowardly weasel boy! You and I have a score to settle and brother I will settle it inside that cage! I'm going to pound and pound on that head of yours until it's bleeding and your unconscious. At the Happening, you're all mine Tully because I know these guys will handle the Fullers. 

Keirn: You got that right Slater. Fullers drew first blood but at the Happening we're going to end you. 

Lane: Nowhere to run boys and nowhere to hide! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: What a show we had. The Happening will be the last event under the USWA banner but I'm really excited about the future of the AWA. On that note, after the Happening either Terry Funk or Dusty Rhodes will be the AWA world champion. Let's hear pre recorded comments from both men. Fans, I'll see you next Friday night at the Happening. 

Footage is shown from last week's show as Funk and Dusty were involved in an impromptu match. Both men used their boots and both men were bleeding. 

dusty.jpg.1a75b592db6ccc0514c7f57e3aff4a2b.jpg

Dusty: Excitement is in the air babay! The Happening will be happening if you will. Terry Funk, another chapter in our long saga continues as we once again do battle for the USWA world title. Everybody is buzzing about the AWA. I would love to be the last holder of the USWA title and then be presented the AWA world title. All the history and legacy the AWA world title brings is more than enough to want it. Terry Funk! All I have to do to get it is go through you. What else can be said. We've spilt blood sweat and tears over the years and we about to do it again. You and me! One more time! 

funk.png.5cf1ed7856415855393878b9fac40059.png

Funk: Over my entire illustrious career, one man has caused me more grief, pain and sorrow than anybody on the face of this planet. It's that egg sucking dog Dusty Rhodes! He's a sickness that needs to be stopped. Let's get something straight you pig. I'm going to be the last man holding the USWA world title and I'm going to be holding the AWA world title. That's a straight hardcore fact. There's no way in hell a putrid pig like you is going to represent the AWA as world champ. I'm not only going to defeat you at the Happening but I'm going to make sure you never set foot in the ring again. I must stop the madness! 

USWA presents 

The Happening

Friday, March 26th

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis Indiana

Also available on closed circuit TV

Last event under the USWA banner 

USWA World Title Bout 

Special ring announcer- Brenda Britton 

STEEL CAGE TAPED FIST TORNADO MATCH! 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater and the Fabulous Ones vs. Tully Blanchard and The Fullers w/Jimmy Golden and Baby Doll 

STEEL CAGE 6 MAN ELIMINATION MATCH! 

Carlos Colon, Billy Jack Strong and The Stomper vs. Kamala, "Maniac" Mark Lewin and Kendo Nagasaki w/Curtis Iaukea 

Mid America Title Bout 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. Bodacious w/ The Vin Man 

Special international Title vs. Title Bout 

TV Champ Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. UWA Mexican Champ El Canek 

For the AWA National Tag Team Titles 

Mask vs. Mask 

The Spoiler vs. Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Karachi Vice 

"The King" Roy Lee Welch vs. ??? 

Really looking forward to the AWA!

Gerry Morrow vs Rocky Johnson is one that I am really looking forward to.  Morrow and his character have become one of my favorite in the whole game.

The Kansas Jayhawks is a great team in real life.  These two were great on the mic and they will make the AWA tag division even deeper.

King Curtis and his stable are perfect for this time period!  Each week they give us the crazy and chaos we wanted so badly when we watched these shows in real life.  Curtis and the heat he brings just maked the babyfaces more over!

Speaking of a scary group... Beast of Burden are just that!

The Beauty Shop was another high point of the show.  Snowman and Cash really do have some charisma as Brenda said.  Vin Man is lucky to be alive.  Great job making him a houshold name.

Roy Lee saying he is the true king?  Lawler may have an issue with that.

Gagne threatening to fire Russell was great.  Who would have ever believed he could be a real heel!

Loved the main event.  I really enjoy when you combine two angles into one match.  Seeing the Fab Ones vs Fuller and Golden was good but through in Tully and Slater and we have AWESOME!

Dusty-Funk... EVERYDAY!  They are both iconic on the mic.  I could just hear Funk calling Dusty an egg suckin Dog!  

The Happening will be some show!

USWA

THE HAPPENING 

Friday, March 26th 

Market Square Arena, Indianapolis IN 

Broadcasted on closed circuit TV 

msa.jpg.bdf257e3a8105088217b06bd92f2785a.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to the Happening! The talk is over and the matches are signed sealed and ready to deliver. As you all have heard, tonight will be the last event under the USWA banner. That's right, Jerry Jarrett and Verne Gagne have formed a partnership and starting next week, the American Wrestling Association is back. Next week we'll be presenting tonight's championship bout winners with new AWA title belts. That all happens next week. As for tonight, it's all about tying up loose ends in the USWA. The Happening represents what the USWA has been about and I'm looking forward to tonight's tremendous event. So let's go out with a bang and get things started. 

Solid opener to get the crowd warmed up. Adrenaline Rush start strong as Bassarab and Takano excite the fans with a fast paced offense and quick tags. Harts take control with a combination of technical wrestling mixed in with some rule breaking. Things take a turn as Bassarab makes the hot tag to Takano. Takano is cleaning house and has Keith in serious trouble. Bruce tries to run in with a cheap shot but Bassarab runs in and sends him through the ropes with a flying dropkick. Takano executes an inverted piledriver on Keith and gets the 3 count! Nice pop. 

Winners of the match- Adrenaline Rush 

Kelly and Vin spend a lot of time taunting Roop. Bad idea as Roop puts Vin down with a big punch. As Vin rolls out of the ring, Roop unloads on Kelly. Roop is aggressive as he controls the opening moments. Of course a distraction by Vin allows Kelly to get a cheap shot from behind. Kelly works over Roop with a series of power moves. Kelly has Roop in trouble and attempts to clamp on the full nelson but Roop elbows his way out of it, snapmares Kelly over and follows with a knee to the back. Roop goes to work on Kelly's shoulder then hoists him up and hits the running shoulder breaker 1..2..Vin puts Kelly's foot on the rope. Roop stands up and warns Vin as Kelly rolls out of the ring. Roop goes out after him but Vin gets in the way. Roop grabs Vin but Kelly nails Roop from behind, rams him into the steel post and hurls him back in the ring. Kelly drops an elbow as Vin holds Roop's foot 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match- Kevin Kelly 

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. Karachi Vice 

Jayhawks arrived and said they wanted titles. Former long reigning USWA champs Karachi Vice took exception and wanted to make an example of the Jayhawks tonight and show the AWA just who the top team really is. 

The match is a back and forth hard hitting affair. Both teams show amazing chemistry. After 10 minutes, Karachi Vice is in control. Makhan pounds away on Dutch, swings him to the corner. Gama chokes Dutch as Makhan crashes in with an avalanche. Makhan slams Dutch and tags in Gama. They put the boots to Dutch's back. Jaggers runs over but the Ref guides him back. Karachi Vice executes a double back breaker on Dutch. Gama clamps on the camel clutch! Jaggers runs over, nails Makhan with a forearm smash, then clotheslines Gama off Dutch. Jaggers goes back to his corner. Dutch slowly rolls over and tags in Jaggers. 

Jaggers is on fire! He swings Gama to the ropes and back drops him. Makhan runs in and gets back dropped. Jaggers picks up both men and knocks their heads together. Dutch runs in and sends Makhan staggering to his corner with a high knee. Gama staggers up and the Jayhawks put him down with a double clothesline 1..2..3! 

Winners of the match- Kansas Jayhawks 

The bell rings but Duke wont leave the ring. Duke is pointing his finger in Curt's face. Curt slaps the finger away. From behind, Gagne clamps a sleeper on Curt! Duke casually leaves the ring. Curt fights the sleeper, runs backwards and slams Gagne into the turnbuckles. Curt quickly shakes the cobwebs, nails Gagne with a series of punches and chops, then hip tosses Gagne over and follows with a neck snap. Gagne wobbles up and Curt scoop slams him down and follows with a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Gagne gets his shoulder up. Curt swings off the ropes but Duke grabs his foot. The Ref runs over and warns Duke. Gagne staggers up and dropkicks Curt through the ropes. 

Gagne is arguing with the Ref as Duke slams Curt on the concrete. Duke hurls Curt back in the ring. Gagne grabs the top rope and chokes Curt with his boot. Gagne picks up Curt and delivers a vertical suplex as Duke applauds. Gagne hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Gagne threatens the Ref as Duke reaches in and chokes Curt. Gagne stomps on Curt then chokes Curt on the bottom rope. The Ref backs Gagne up as Duke hits Curt. Gagne goes to the top rope and arrogantly folds his arms and stands there smiling in a power stance. The fans roar as Curt hops up, goes over and slams Gagne off the top rope. 

Curt regroups. Gagne staggers up and Curt puts him down with a shoulder block. Gagne slowly rises as Curt swings off the ropes and nails him with a knee lift. Curt goes to the top rope. Gagne slowly stands as Curt hits him with a missile drop kick. Duke hops on the apron as Hennig hoists Gagne up and atomic drops him into Duke! Duke goes flying off the apron. Curt grabs Gagne and executes a bridging cradle suplex 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match- Curt Hennig 

For the AWA National Tag Team Titles 

The Central States tag titles were vacated when then champs Bruise Brothers won the USWA titles. The CS titles will now be known as the AWA National tag titles. Jerry Jarrett walks in the ring and holds up the new AWA National titles. 

Wow! If you're a fan of stiff action, then this match is for you. These guys go at it hard and hold nothing back. Beasts bring their rough house style as they use clotheslines, slams, big boot stomping, eye gouging and the knee drops. Ox gets in his shots as well. SPC come back with headbutts, drop kicks, high flying maneuvers and some serious chops. 

After 15 minutes of brutal action, a pier six brawl breaks out. Nord and Cocoa fight to the outside as Morgan and Siva fight in the corner. The Ref is inside the ring watching Siva and Morgan. Ox goes after Cocoa but Cocoa drops him with a jumping headbutt. 

There's a commotion as two men run down the aisle and attack Cocoa! 

Lance: Wait a minute! That's Ricky Santana and Fidel Sierra known as the Cartel! 

The Cartel is all over Cocoa as they stomp away. They hoist him up and slam him down neck first on the guard railing! They pick him up and again slam him neck first on the railing! Cocoa is down and holding his neck. Siva sees what's going on and heads out. Cartel takes off. Nord and Morgan double team Siva and ram him into the steel post. The Ref has lost control. The Beats hurl a lifeless Cocoa back in the ring. Morgan holds him up by his hair as Nord swings off the ropes and nails him with a big boot to the face for the easy 1..2..3! 

BOOOOOO! 

Ox grabs the AWA National titles and heads into the ring. The Beasts hold the titles up as Ox stands between them holding their arms up. 

Moments later, medics put a neck brace on Cocoa. Cocoa is stretchered out as a battered Siva stands by his side. 

Winners of the match and new AWA National tag team champs- The Beasts of Burden 

Special International Title vs. Title Bout 

TV Champ Tony "Simply the Best" St. Clair w/Les Thornton vs. UWA Mexican Champ El Canek 

The Ref holds up both titles as the fans cheer. Even after weeks of heated bantering, the match actually starts with a handshake. 

The first few minutes sees some excellent technical wrestling and holds as neither man gains a clear advantage. Tony goes for a vertical suplex but Canek flips over Tony and executes a German suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Tony quickly rolls out of the ring flustered as Les goes over to calm him down. Tony gets back in. They lock up. Tony clamps on a headlock, Canek pushes him to the ropes and shoulder blocks him down. Tony gets up as Canek executes a flying head scissors. Tony staggers up and Canek scoop slams him down, swings off the ropes and hits a senton 1..2..Kick Out. Tony rolls back and sits in the corner. Tony slowly stands and nods at Canek then offers a handshake. Canek nods and shakes his hand but Tony yanks him in and puts him down with a short arm clothesline. Les waves the UK flag as the fans boo. 

Tony regroups and executes a gut wrench suplex and goes to work with a variety of suplexes. Tony swings Canek to the ropes, does a somersault and nails Canek with a diving headbutt to the mid section. Tony quickly follows with a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Tony swings Canek to the ropes and back drops him. Canek staggers up, Tony does a cartwheel and puts Canek down with a heels first drop kick 1..2..Kick Out. Les yells at the Ref. Tony snapmares Canek over and drops an elbow on the top of his head. Canek is sitting up as Tony executes a shoulder press pin 1..2..Canek is able to power out. A frustrated Tony angrily stomps away on Canek. Tony swings Canek into the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Tony grabs Canek and applies the Abominable Stretch. Tony wrenches away as Canek fights it. Canek bounces up and down and hip tosses Tony over. 

Canek grabs the ropes and regroups. Tony goes after Canek but Canek back drops him over the top rope. Les runs over to help Tony, then looks up and yells at Canek. Canek swings off the ropes and performs a tope on Tony and Les!! The fans are up and cheering. Canek hurls Tony into the ring. Canek hops on the middle ropes and drops a knee on Tony's back. Canek applies the Bow and Arrow! Tony's in trouble until Les jabs the UK flag at Canek. Canek releases the hold and warns Les as Les backs off. Tony slowly goes after Canek from behind but Canek turns around and pounds away, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a flying back elbow smash. 

There's a big commotion from the crowd as an enormous man makes his way down the aisle. 

Lance: My goodness! It's...that's...yes...it's Giant Haystacks! This isn't good. 

Canek presses Tony above his head, holds him, then drops him on his own knee! Canek covers but Giant Haystacks grabs him, pulls him up and double choke slams him down! Haystacks clamps both of Canek's shoulders and squeezes the vice. The Ref signals for the DQ as massive boos fill the arena. 

Les gets the UWA title, runs in the ring. helps Tony up and hands him the UWA title. Haystacks has Canek in the vice as Tony just whacks Canek across the face with the title! Haystacks picks up Canek and holds him as Tony relishes the moment and once again blasts Canek across the face! Haystacks measures Canek and drops several slow devastating elbow drops. Tony and Les stomp on Canek then back up. Haystacks swings off the ropes and hits one final big elbow drop as the fans gasp. 

Boos as Les raises Haystacks arm, then hands Tony his TV title. More boos as Tony holds up his TV title. Even more boos as Tony takes the UWA title and throws it in a trashcan. 

Winner of the match by DQ- El Canek (No titles change hands) 

For the second time in a row, the Medics are out with a stretcher. After a few minutes, the fans give Canek an applause of epic respect as he refuses the stretcher and walks out (basically knocked out on his feet) with some help. 

Lance: Fans, that was one of the most sickening acts I've ever seen. Truly despicable. I've never seen such disrespect in all my years in this business. I want to right now issue an apology to the UWA. (deep breath) let's go back to the ring for our final match before intermission. 

"The Real King of Professional Wrestling" Roy Lee Welch vs. ??? 

Welch gets the heat tonight as he slowly and arrogantly walks up the aisle with the Elvis version of 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' playing loudly over the speakers. Welch is wearing his crown, sunglasses, robe and holding a scepter. He enters the ring and slowly twirls around while smiling and holding his arms out. Welch grabs the mic. 

"The King is in the building! (BOOOOO) All you peasants should bow down and be grateful that you are in the presence of the true one and only King of wrestling and not to mention, President Ronald Regan's favorite wrestler. Sit back and enjoy this special wrestling exhibition. Bring on the poor sap" 

More boos as Welch continues to strut around the ring. 

The lights go out and a spotlight shines down the aisle. The 'Rocky Overture' plays over the speakers. The place goes absolutely bonkers as none other than JERRY "THE KING" LAWLER comes down the aisle riding a white horse. Lawler sits on top wearing his king's crown and takes in the incredible roar. Every fan is up and cheering as Lawler points his finger up at Welch.  

Welch is throwing a tantrum for the ages. He's shaking his head and telling the Ref this isn't going to happen. 

Lawler jumps off his horse, walks up the ring steps. leans back and gives Welch the "I want you" point! 

The Ref signals for the bell but Welch is still yelling at him. He hasn't even taken his entrance gear off yet. 

Lawler walks over, spins Welch around and clotheslines him down! Welch's crown and glasses fly off. Lawler hoists Welch up and holds him in the piledriver position. Welch's cape slides down to his head as Lawler jumps up and piledrives Welch down! Lawler goes to the middle ropes, holds up his fist, poses, then crashes down with the fist drop 1..2..3!!!! 

MEGA POP! 

Lawler puts his boot on Welch's chest and holds his fist in the air to the electric crowd. 

Winner of the Match- Jerry Lawler 

Intermission 

Lance: Tremendous night of action so far. Fans, I was just as shocked as you when Jerry Lawler came out to answer the challenge of Roy Lee Welch (laughs) I don't think Welch was expecting that. Great to have Lawler back as we are set to venture into the AWA. Ok, Jerry Jarrett come on over, I know you have something to say regarding what happened in the International match. 

Jarrett: Lance, that was just disgusting. Many UWA reps were in attendance and I was in the back assuring them this isn't what the USWA is about and I certainly don't want them thinking this is what the AWA will be about. They're extremely upset and rightfully so. So right now I want to announce that Tony St. Clair will be suspended and stripped of the TV title! Giant Haystacks isn't even employed here and has already been escorted out. I just hope El Canek and the UWA can forgive us for that despicable act. As for the TV title, next week on our first AWA show from the Hammond Center, there will be a match for the AWA TV title. 

Boos as Les Thornton and Tony St. Clair storm out. 

Les: This is outrageous and down right ludicrous! Mr. St. Clair has held the TV title for almost a year and this is what he gets? Shame on you Jarrett and shame on everybody who's a part of this conspiracy! 

Jarrett: Turn over the belt. Now! 

Tony stares daggers at Jarrett, slowly takes off his TV title and pushes it in Jarrett's chest. 

Jarrett: Both of you are suspended for 30 days. It starts now! 

Les: You're going to regret this. 

Lance: I have to admit, I agree with that decision. I wish El Canek a speedy recovery. Well fans, let's get back to the action. 

Mid America Title Bout 

Boos as Morrow strolls down the aisle wearing a fedora and suit. His Billionaire's title is around his waist and he's carrying his imported bottle of champagne from France. He sets the bottle down on the timekeeper's table and warns everybody sitting there they better not touch it. Morrow then strolls into the ring. 

The fans go wild as 'Soul Man" plays over the speakers and Rocky Johnson comes out with his title around his waist. 

The bell rings but Morrow waves Johnson back so he can slowly take his suit off. Johnson hits Morrow and unleashes a series of rapid fire jabs, winds up and knocks Morrow through the ropes. Morrow is in a daze as he tries to stand but falls backwards. Johnson goes out and rips Morrow's suit off him then hurls him back in the ring. Johnson is all over Morrow with back drops, slams and drop kicks. Morrow turns the tide with a vicious eye rake. 

Morrow takes control as he chokes Johnson on the top rope then slings him back. Morrow swings Johnson to the ropes and hits a reverse swinging backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Morrow swings Johnson to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Morrow follows with a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Morrow threatens the Ref. Morrow pushes Johnson to the corner and chokes him. Morrow slowly takes Johnson out and executes a hangman's neckbreaker 1..2..Johnson gets his foot on the rope. Morrow is irate and hurls Johnson out of the ring. Morrow goes to the apron and pulls a foreign object out of his trunks. Johnson staggers up and Morrow crashes down with a foreign object shot to his head. Johnson is bleeding. Morrow slowly goes to the timekeeper's table and grabs his champagne bottle. The Ref goes out and warns Morrow. Morrow threatens to hit the Ref with the bottle. Johnson slowly staggers up and drop kicks Morrow from behind. The bottle falls with Morrow.

Johnson picks up the bottle. The Ref is warning him. Johnson pops the cork and takes a drink. Morrow gets to his knees as Johnson pours the champagne all over him. Johnson hurls Morrow back in the ring. Johnson does a boxing shuffle and shadow boxes. Morrow staggers up and Johnson unloads. Johnson is merciless as he pounds away on Morrow's head with fists of fury. Morrow is now busted open. Johnson swings Morrow to the corner and hops on the middle ropes. The fans count along as Johnson punches away on Morrow's bloody head. Johnson hops down and waits. Morrow staggers out and Johnson punches him in the gut and sunset flips over him 1..2..3! Big POP! 

Winner of the Match and now the official AWA National Champ- Rocky Johnson 

After Johnson leaves, "Mr. Money" CARL FERGIE comes to the ring wearing a suit. He helps Morrow up and escorts him to the back. On the way out, Fergie stops where Lance is and says him and Morrow need a vacation. 

Mask vs. Mask!

The Spoiler vs. Super Destroyer w/Paul Jones 

As you probably guessed, the minute the bell rings these two go at it, fists flying. Jones tries to get involved but Spoiler grabs him and applies the claw! The fans are roaring but Super D nails Spoiler with a forearm blast to the back of his head. Super D is all over Spoiler with punches, kicks, stomps and choking. Jones regroups and gets in his eye rakes and chokes. Super D swings Spoiler to the ropes, kicks him in the mid section and double arm suplexes him over 1..2..Kick Out. Super D swings Spoiler to the corner and charges in but Spoiler lifts his boot and Super D hits it face first. 

Spoiler takes a moment to clear the cobwebs. Spoiler grabs Super D's arm, then walks across the top rope and drops a forearm on Super D's head. Spoiler drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Spoiler swings Super D to the ropes and puts him down with a double axe handle shot. Super D gets to his knees and Spoiler unleashes with a series of rabbit punches. Spoiler executes a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Spoiler hops on the middle ropes but Jones gets on the apron. Spoiler hops down and grabs Jones then hurls him into the ring. Super D crawls over and lowblows Spoiler. 

A shaken Jones rolls out of the ring. Super D slowly gets up and stomps away on Spoiler, picks him up and slams him down then rakes his boot across Spoiler's face. Super D sets Spoiler's head on the bottom rope and distracts the Ref as Jones slaps the Spoiler across his face. Super D runs up and nails Spoiler with a guillotine. Super D chokes Spoiler on the rope then drags him to the corner. Super D hoists Spoiler up on the turnbuckles then hops up and executes the Superplex! Super D covers 1..2..Spoiler barely gets his shoulder up. Jones and Super D can't believe it. Jones yells "One more" 

Super D hoists Spoiler up on the turnbuckles and hops up. Spoiler starts hitting Super D with slow punches then starts to speed them up and sends Super D flying with a big punch. Spoiler clears his head. Super D slowly rises and Spoiler nails him with a double axehandle. Jones gets on the apron. Spoiler wastes no time and clamps on the claw! The fans are going wild as Jones slowly sinks down on the apron. Super D slowly gets up and heads towards Spoiler but Spoiler turns around, kicks Super D low and clamps on the claw! 

Spoiler puts all his strength into it as Super D slowly slides down to the canvas. Spoiler has it locked in as Super D is out 1..2..3! 

HUGE POP! 

Jones is still out on the apron. Spoiler stands up and points down at Super D's mask. The fans are cheering. Spoiler lifts Super D to a sitting position, soaks it all in and unties the mask then yanks it off revealing SCOTT IRWIN! Spoiler shoves Irwin back down. Spoiler holds up the mask as the fans give him a standing ovation. 

Winner of the Match- The Spoiler 

USWA Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. Bodacious w/The Vin Man 

Vin happily leads his team down the aisle. They're all wearing top hats, tuxedo jackets and bow ties. They enter the ring and Vin grabs the mic. 

"You all paid to hear it and the next AWA Tag team champs are going to give it to you. Boys, on three, one and a two and a three...We are family...Vinnie, Chicky and Dougy. Oh yea, we are fami....

"Boogie Fever" plays and the fans are up and cheering as the Bruise Brothers head down the aisle wearing blue bandanas, glitter blue vests, gold chains, sunglasses and matching blue wrestling pants. They enter the ring and hold up the titles as the fans get down with them. 

The bell rings and Bodacious makes the mistake of trying to attack the Bruise Brothers. Cash swings Chick to the corner and follows with a running knee to the gut. Snowman swings Sommers to the opposite corner and follows with a running back elbow smash. They swing Bodacious into each other and the impact sends Bodacious bouncing all over. Vin tries to run out of the ring but the Bruise Brothers grab him, hold him as he begs and sends him through the ropes with a double jumping headbutt. 

Cash clotheslines Sommers over the top rope as Snowman hoists Chick on his shoulders and hits a running powerslam 1..2..3! WOW! 

Winners of the Match and now the official AWA world tag team champs- The Bruise Brothers 

Lance: (smiling) Well how about that, Bruise Brothers have certainly set the tone for their upcoming AWA tag title reign. It looks like Vinnie is still laid out, poor guy. Well fans, due to the double cage matches, the world title bout is next. 

Footage is shown of the brutal history between Terry Funk and Dusty Rhodes. 

USWA World Title Bout 

Boos as special guest ring announcer Brenda Britton makes her way into the ring wearing a sparkling dress. 

"Hi everybody, you know this wouldn't be a happening without the hostess of the number one segment in wrestling, yes the Beauty Shop. It's now time for the USWA world title bout. The winner will be the official AWA world champ. I understand there will be a title presentation next week and you all know that should take place on the Beauty Shop. (BOOOOOS) Come on, stiffs like Jarrett, Gagne and that square Lance Russell shouldn't do it. It should be me. Now before I go and upstage this event, let me make the introductions, in other words just shut up." 

The fans go wild as Dusty makes his way down the aisle wearing a white cowboy hat and silver jacket. 

Thundering boos as Terry Funk comes down the aisle wearing a black cowboy hat and black poncho while swinging his branding iron at the fans. Funk paces the outside as he takes off his poncho and holds his title up while yelling at Dusty. 

Dusty doesn't waste any time and storms to the outside. The Ref says the heck with it and signals for the bell. Brenda gets out of there in a hurry. 

Funk swings his branding iron at Dusty but Dusty ducks, kicks Funk and unloads as the branding iron goes flying. The Ref shows a lot of leniency as they fight around the outside and into the crowd. Funk grabs a beer from a fan and throws it in Dusty's face. Funk drags Dusty through the crowd but Dusty fires away on him and throws Funk over the guard railing. Dusty slams Funk on the concrete as Funk screams in pain. Dusty reaches down but Funk rakes his eyes, grabs his trunks and hurls Dusty into the steel post. Both men are reeling. 

Funk hurls Dusty into the ring, swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Dusty swings back and clotheslines Funk down. Dusty regroups and does a little dance. Funk slowly rises and Dusty puts him down with a bionic elbow. Dusty swings off the ropes and goes for a bionic elbow drop but Funk moves. Again, both men are reeling. Dusty is by the ropes and Funk baseball slides him out of the ring. Funk goes to the outside, picks up Dusty and swings him into the steel post but Dusty reverses it and swings Funk into the post. 

Dusty rolls back into the ring. Funk slowly staggers on the apron. Dusty grabs him, pulls him up and suplexes him back into the ring 1..2..Kick Out. Dusty swings Funk into the corner and follows with a running clothesline, then unloads with corner chops. Funk's chest is beet red as Dusty grabs him by his hair and throws him across the ring. Dusty runs over and hops on the middle ropes. Funk slowly rises and Dusty puts him down with an elbow to the top of his head 1..2..Kick Out. Dusty swings Funk to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! Funk fights it and nails Dusty with a mulekick. 

Dusty goes down as Funk staggers around and falls back down. Funk gets back up as Dusty rises. Funk drops him with a neck breaker 1..2..Kick Out. Funk pushes the Ref, then swings Dusty to the corner and turns Dusty's chest red with some knife edge chops. Funk pounds Dusty down and unloads with stomps. Funk pulls Dusty out and fireman carry's him over, then picks him up, swings off the ropes bulldogs him down 1..2..Dusty gets his shoulder up. Funk swings Dusty into the corner and follows with a running shoulder thrust and follows with several more shoulder thrusts. Funk vertical suplexes Dusty 1..2..Kick Out. Funk is livid as he's in the Ref's face. Funk spends to much time arguing and threatening the Ref. Dusty rises, Funk takes a big swing but Dusty ducks and atomic drops Funk into the corner. Funk hits hard and staggers back into a back suplex by Dusty 1..2..Funk gets his shoulder up. 

Dusty picks up Funk and this time hits an inverted atomic drop. Funk is standing there cross legged as Dusty spins his fists and puts Funk down with a bionic elbow. Dusty swings Funk to the corner and charges in but Funk grabs the Ref and pulls him in as Dusty nails the Ref! The Ref goes down and out of the ring. 

Dusty grabs Funk and swings him to the opposite corner and follows with a running back elbow smash. Dusty clamps on a headlock and executes a running bulldog. Dusty is covering but then realizes the Ref isn't in the ring. Cheers as another Ref runs into the ring and says this match will continue. Funk sneaks up and clips Dusty behind the knee. Funk slowly staggers up, grabs Dusty's leg and drops several elbows on the leg, then applies his spinning toe hold. Funk works it as the fans try and fire Dusty up. Dusty is able to grab Funk by his hair and rake his eyes. 

Both men are reeling once again. They both stagger up and have a furious exchange. Dusty swings Funk to the ropes, both men go for clotheslines and clothesline each other down. The Ref is looking at Dusty while Funk rolls to the corner. Funk slowly gets up and takes the top turnbuckle pad off. Funk staggers over to Dusty, picks him up by his hair and runs him towards the corner but Dusty elbows him, grabs Funk by his hair and slams Funk's head on the exposed turnbuckle! Dusty swings off the ropes and hits the bionic elbow drop 1..2..3!!!! 

Big Time POP!!!!! 

The Ref runs to the outside and gets the USWA world title belt, then presents it to Dusty. Dusty can't believe it. The fans are up and cheering as Dusty holds the title high. 

But wait

The other Ref crawls back into the ring and converses with the second Ref. He's explaining what happened. After conversing with each other, they talk with Brenda Britton. Brenda gets on the mic. 

Brenda: OOOOHHHH I'm so sorry to announce this, however it is my duty tonight. Terry Funk has been disqualified for causing harm to an official. Therefore, the winner of the match by DQ is Dusty Rhodes buuuuuut the title does not change hands on a DQ, so still USWA and now official AWA world champ, that's right people...TERRY FUNK! I'm sorry Dusty, maybe next time. What a shame. 

Winner of the match by DQ- Dusty Rhodes 

Lance: Boy, you talk about taking the wind out of this crowd and myself included. We all thought for sure Dusty Rhodes was the new world champ. Huge disappointment. Well fans, it looks like Terry Funk will be presented with the AWA world title belt on next week's show. As you can see, they're setting up the cage for our final two matches. While they're doing that, I want to bring a man in who's returning to the area. Please welcome out the Universal Heartthrob Austin Idol. 

Joan Jett's "Do you wanna touch me" plays as Idol struts down the isle and over to Lance.

Idol: That's right Lance baby, the Universal Heartthrob is back and ready to take the AWA by storm brother. A man like me was born with a gift and meant to be a sensation. I'm here for gold and the AWA needs me in order to be a success. Rocky Johnson! You're first on the list Jack, so keep that title shined up real nice because Austin Idol is tak'n it from you quick daddy! 

Lance: Ok, Austin Idol, one of the superstars of wrestling coming into the AWA. It all starts next week. Listen to this, not only will you see a match for the TV title but there will be a battle royal to determine Terry Funk's challenger when the AWA returns to St. Paul on April 17th. Big news indeed. Well it's time for the final 2 USWA matches. Get ready fans, this is going to be full of all sorts of craziness. 

6-Man STEEL CAGE ELIMINATION MATCH! 

Carlos Colon/Billy Jack Strong/The Stomper vs. Kamala/"Maniac" Mark Lewin and Kendo Nagasaki w/Curtis Iaukea 

10 wrestlers wearing security shirts will be at ringside. When a wrestler is eliminated, the cage door opens and security will escort the wrestler out. 

This one gets bloody quick! Everybody gets in there and gets their chance to shine. After 15 minutes of bloody brawling, Stomper and Kendo are going at it. Stomper slams Kendo and puts his famous stomps on him. Kendo bounces over and tags in Kamala. Kendo rises on the apron, Kamala chops Stomper into the corner as Kendo spits green mist into Stomper's eyes! Stomper is blinded as he turns around and into a thrust kick by Kamala 1..2..3! 

The Stomper is eliminated. 

The door opens and security escorts Stomper out while holding a wet towel over his face. 

Colon gets in there and punches away on Kamala. Kamala staggers back and tags in Lewin. Lewin runs in but gets back dropped by Colon. Colon tags in Strong. Strong swings Lewin but Lewin reverses it and swings Strong into the cage! Lewin grinds Strong's face into the cage and works him over while making him bleed. Lewin hoists Strong up but Strong reaches back and tags in Colon. Colon goes to the top rope. Strong wiggles his way free, hoists Lewin up and atomic drops him into a flying clothesline by Colon 1..2..3! 

Mark Lewin is eliminated.

The door opens and Security escorts Lewin out. 

Strong tags in and points to Kendo. Kendo gets in and Strong is all over him with slams and punches. Strong grabs Kendo by his hair and throws him face first into the cage. Iaukea runs over and slides the kendo stick inside the cage. Kendo grabs it. Strong runs over but Kendo blasts him with the kendo stick then tags in Kamala. Kamala swings off the ropes and hits the big splash 1..2..3! 

Billy Jack Strong is eliminated 

The door opens and security takes the hurt Strong out of there. 

Colon gets in there and fires away on Kamala. Colon swings off the ropes and sends Kamala to his corner with a flying forearm smash. Kamala tags in Kendo. Kendo has his stick but Colon runs over and hurls Kendo over the ropes and into the ring. Colon gets the stick. Kendo rises and Colon clotheslines him with the kendo stick 1..2..3! 

Kendo Nagasaki is eliminated.

The door opens and security escorts the fallen Kendo out, but before the door closes freakn ABDULLAH THE BUTCHER runs in with a fork and goes crazy on Colon!! Iaukea is loving it as Abdullah carves Colon's face with his fork! Abdullah pushes security away as he storms out. 

Kamala stands over his prey and slaps his belly. Iaukea is maniacally laughing. Kamala swings off the ropes and hits the big splash. Kamala gets up and hits another big splash 1..2..3! 

Carlos Colon is eliminated. 

The winner and last man standing- Kamala

Lance: My goodness! Abdullah the Butcher arrived and just brutalized Carlos Colon. As you all know, those two men have a very bloody history. I have to wonder if Curtis Iaukea played a role in that. What a brutal match. I'm almost afraid of what's going to happen in the next one. Fans, this has been quite a night as the USWA says goodbye. I'm looking forward to being a part of the AWA and I'm sure you're going to like it as well. Don't forget, it all starts next week at the Hammond Center as AWA All-Star Wrestling comes back to TV. Let's go to the ring for our final USWA match. 

6-Man STEEL CAGE TAPED FIST TORNADO MATCH! 

"Unpredictable" Dick Slater and the Fabulous Ones vs. Tully Blanchard and the Fullers w/Baby Doll and Jimmy Golden

The Ref's only job is to make the 3 count

Slater and the Fabs wait in the ring wearing boots,  jeans, T-Shirts and of course taped fists. 

Fullers, Tully, Baby Doll and Golden (on crutches) are a bit hesitant as they plan strategy on the outside. They're also wearing jeans, cowboy boots and taped fists. 

Slater and the Fabs have enough and run out of the cage to start the fight! 

Fabs pound away on the Fullers as Slater chases Tully around the ring. Slater tackles Tully and unleashes his fury. Keirn drags Rob into the cage and grinds his face up and down the cage drawing first blood. Lane is dragging Ron into the cage but Jimmy Golden comes from behind and nails Lane with his crutch and continues to hammer him with it. The Ref signals to the back. Several officials come out and escort Golden out. Golden is kicking and screaming the entire time. While that is going on, Baby Doll runs over and rakes Slater's eyes from behind. 

Ron throws Lane into the cage. Tully staggers up. Slater pushes Baby Doll into him, grabs Tully and drags him into the cage. 

The door slams shut. 

Keirn is kicking away on Rob. Ron picks up Lane and shoots him head first into the cage. Now Lane is bleeding. Ron goes over and nails Keirn from behind. Slater grabs Tully by his hair and throws him headfirst into the cage. Slater picks up Tully and again throws him into the cage. Slater picks up Tully by his hair, runs with him and again, headfirst into the cage. Tully is a bloody mess. 

The Fullers are now working over the Fabs. Slater runs over and fires away but eventually the numbers game becomes the factor as the Fullers double team Slater and hurl him into the cage. Slater is bleeding. Fullers pick up Slater and double suplex him back. Fullers pick up Lane and double hot shot him into the cage. Fullers pick up Keirn and throw him into the cage. 

Tully finally shows life as the Fullers help him up. Fullers pick up Slater and hold him as Tully slaps Slater several times across the face. Tully grabs Slater by his hair, takes him to the cage and slowly rubs his face up and down it. 

Fullers pick up Lane. Rob hops on the middle ropes. Ron hoists Lane up and they execute the spiked piledriver! Ron covers 1..2..Keirn drops a knee on Ron. Rob goes over but Keirn fires away, swings him to the ropes and back drops Rob into the cage! Rob slides down on the apron between the ropes and cage. Keirn drop kicks Ron then runs over, grabs Tully and hits an overhead German suplex. The fans cheer as Keirn pumps his fists. Keirn goes over and helps Lane. He sets Lane in the corner to regroup. Keirn goes over and helps Slater up. 

Tully is crawling to the door. Slater grabs him by his belt and yanks him back. Slater takes the belt off Tully and begins whipping Tully. Baby Doll is screaming from the outside. 

Ron clotheslines Slater from behind. Keirn and Ron have an exchange but Ron rakes the eyes, picks up Keirn and neck snaps him on the top rope. Ron goes after Slater but from out of nowhere, Lane dropkicks Ron into the corner. Lane hops up and monkey flips Ron over. Lane puts his knee on Ron's chest and pounds away.

Tully gets his belt and starts choking Slater with it. Tully wraps the belt around Slater's neck, swings him and snaps his head back. Tully then pounds away on Slater's head. Keirn nails Tully then slams him down but as he goes for a knee drop, Rob grabs him from behind and hurls Keirn into the cage. 

Everybody is bleeding as the battle continues like this for another few minutes. 

They're all paired off and fighting. Slater and Tully in a corner. Rob and Keirn in another corner and Ron and Lane in the middle of the ring. Everybody is bleeding, bruised and battered. 

The Ref can't believe what he's seeing. 

Slater rips Tully's shirt off him and starts choking him. 

Fullers get the upper hand. Rob kicks and pounds away on Keirn as Ron swings Lane into the corner and does the same to him. Fullers signal each other and swing the Fabs towards each other but the Fabs reverse it and swing the Fullers into each other. Fullers collide and stagger back as the Fabs drop kick them back into each other. Fabs grab Ron and hurl him headfirst into the cage. 

Slater is just stomping and pounding away on Tully's bloody head in the corner. 

Rob is in a daze as he gets up and staggers around. Fabs grab him and hurl him into the cage, then pick him up, swing him to the ropes and hit a double drop kick 1..2..3!!!! 

Slater picks up an unconscious Tully and delivers a swinging neckbreaker for the fun of it. 

The fans are exhausted by can't help it as they stand up and cheer. 

Slater walks over and holds up the Fabs arms. Bloody and victorious. 

Winners of the match- Dick Slater and The Fabulous Ones 

Lance: What a match and what a satisfying victory for Dick Slater and the Fabs and what a way to end the USWA. Fans, I want to thank you all for being a part of the Happening and for supporting the USWA. It's been quite a ride but don't worry, this is only the beginning. Next time I see you will be under an AWA banner. Good night everybody and so long. 

I'm really glad Curt Hennig got a well-earned victory. The international title for title match was a perfect mid-card spectacle and Giant Haystacks barging his way in lets each man save face. Roy Welch getting is comeuppance was a great feel good moment! It's always good to see Rocky Johnson come out on top. You've captured the wild and supremely dangerous energy of Terry Funk quite well.

There's really nothing like a bloody beatdown for Tully Blanchard! What a way to end the show!

WOW... What a way for the USWA to go out.  This card was epic and it took a lot of work.  Awesome job!

Huge win for the Kansas Jayhawks.  It will be interesting to see if Karachi Vice survives this loss and can regroup.  

Wasn't sure what to expect with the Gagne-Henig bout with the AWA coming back.  Awesome win for Curt and I could see huge things for him.

As if the Beast of Burden was not enough, the South Pacific Connection had to deal with two more intruders.  NO way to overcome this one and it is nice to see a new angle already starting.

Love Lawler coming back to be the Real KIng on day one.  I enjoyed having Lawler for a few months and using him as a heel but he is right where he belongs!

Nice touch to have Rocky taking a sip of champagne before he wins the bout.  He will be a great champion!

Super D has to unmask and it turns out to be Scott Irwin.  Fun bout.  Irwin is very underrated as he did a lot in pro wrestling.  Nice job with him.

What a match between St. Clair and EL Canek.  Awesome write up.  So vivid.  I need to see a rematch of this one.

Like that the Bruise Brothers keep rolling.  Read an aweseom article on the Snowman recently.  He was one interesting dude.

Great match with Funk and Dusty... This one needs to find a way to happen again!  With such a controversial ending with the two refs, this one just screams REMATCH!

The Beast Kamala survives as do Slater and The Fab Ones.  I think these two matches along with the WWF getting ready for Survival Series might pave the way for a similar type match in Chicago for the AWA.

Again.... this card took some real work!  Awesome job.

AWA Special Update 

awa.jpg.9bfef2cf5c5f973761e0e25190bba5ad.jpg

AWA ALL-STAR Wrestling TV will be broadcasted every Friday night from the Hammond Civic Center in Indiana. 

The TV shows will be broadcasted on Syndication throughout the country. 

AWA will run house shows in Tennessee, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Indiana and of course Minnesota. 

Lance Russell will host the TV shows while Ken Resnick will handle interviews. 

Titles representing the AWA will be World, National and TV along with World and National Tag Team Titles. 

Dang man, I almost hate to see USWA go after seeing this show!

The moment with Lawler was awesome. I could feel that pop in such a high drama cresting scenario.

Awesome to see Rocky get the huge win to become the National Champ. Methinks he's gonna make for good TV and great defenses.

Dusty gets a Dusty finish! At least you didn't let the people leave the building celebrating, only to stick the pin in the balloon at next week's TV. Dusty would totally gut folks like that, back in the day lol. Even when you beat Flair, you didn't, lol.

That Elimination cage match was great. Was funny, as I watched the Bunkhouse Stampede from 1988 last weekend and it reminded me of how cool matches like this can be.

Slater & the Fabs going over in their war of attrition just felt right and a great way to close out the night.

Awesome show. Can't wait to see you steer the AWA ship. Kudos.