Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Guerrero's being back together is a nice bolster for the tag team ranks.

Idol vs Tully is gonna be awesome! But I knew it wouldn't take Tully too long to set his sights above the TV Title!! Whoever wins Funk vs Tito had better be wary.

Wrestling 2 is quietly putting himself together a nice little stable of followers. He may make himself a very dangerous man under peoples noses.

Atlas/Ayala should be a fun brawl.

I love your Funk promo where he is obviously the one being the asshole, but in his mind has done absolutely nothing wrong. 

I hope Lawler's back up is good, because Hart and his group are certainly taking the upper hand right now!

Great show man! Already looking forward to seeing the Jayhawks next week!!

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice quick build up to Idol vs Blanchard.  Blanchard could get shot at another title or could end up with nothing.

I like Steve O vs Armstrong.  I remember him being so big in Georgia when I was a kid and then he seemed to have just disappeared.  

Ratymus is my favorite and nice to see the Cuban Assassins.

Lawler always seems to find himself in some trouble and then we have the fun of finding out who he get's out it!

Summer Blast is shaping up to be WILD

The build to Summer Blast has been really strong. Steve O is going to have a problem in Denny Brown win or lose, but Mr Wrestling II is quite the advantage. Funk vs Tito doesn't need any help to draw interest, but Tully waiting in the wings for the winner is something to think about. 

And I just can't get over Hogan/Jumbo. That's a match I've thought about a lot every time I've gamed out "what if Verne could keep Hogan?" because every time one of my first answers is "main event Hulk Hogan vs Jumbo Tsuruta in three countries". 

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 6-28-84

TNT.jpg.ee36538cc65df81e54ea4607d83ecc98.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling here on the USA Network. Tonight's main event will be the self proclaimed real king of wrestling Carl Fergie taking on the Dream Machine. In a rematch from 2 weeks ago, Gino Brito Jr. collides with Richard Charland. Also Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers will take on the Stampede Rush. Plus Decimation, Austin Idol, Real Deal makes their tag team debut. Also, Ivan Putski and Tito Santana. Let's get to the ring. 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Kent Jenkins 

The fans seem to be cheering Idol. Amazing how much a banter with Tully Blanchard can win over the fans. Idol puts Jenkins down with a back elbow smash. Idol follows with a Shin Breaker then clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock to get the win! The fans cheer as Idol gives them a wink and bicep flex. Idol heads to the podium. 

Winner- Austin Idol 

Lance: Ok Idol, it's you and Blanchard for the TV title at Summer Blast 84. 

Idol: You know Lance baby, Tully came out last week and said I wasn't worthy of a shot. Listen up real good Tully. Come Summer Blast, the Universal Heartthrob is going to put you down daddy and then the TV title comes home with me brother! 

Commercial Break

Real Deal (Scott McGhee/Ricky Vaughn) vs. Sean and Sam Smith

Real Deal makes their debut as they come out wearing black vests, black trunks, black knee pads and boots.

They make quick tags and use high octane offense as they work the Smith brothers over. The finish comes when Vaughn hits a missile dropkick then tags in McGhee. McGhee executes a German Suplex to get the pin! The fans applaud as Real Deal holds up their fists then head to the podium. 

Winners- The Real Deal 

Lance: Very impressive debut for the Real Deal. Boys come on over. Welcome to TNT. How did you come up with the name Real Deal.

Vaughn: Thank you Lance. I got to talking with Scott and we both had the same goals in mind. We didn't want a manager talking for us. We didn't want to wear colorful outfits. We wanted to focus on wrestling.

McGhee: That's right. We both felt we have been overlooked in our singles careers and knew we each had the desire and focus to be successful in this industry. We feel our talent is there and it's the Real Deal. We just ask the fans to give us a chance and we'll prove it. 

The fans seem to like it and give them a pop. 

Commercial Break

Highlights are shown from 2 weeks ago when Gino Brito and Richard Charland battled to a double countout. Charland then grabbed Brito by the hair and rammed him into the steel post. 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. Richard Charland

Brito starts off with some fire as he unloads on Charland. Brito body slams Charland, puts his knee on his chest, grabs his hair and just punches away. The Ref counts to 5 and Brito wont stop punching. The Ref has no choice but to signal for the bell and DQ Brito. The Ref finally gets Brito off. A dazed Charland rolls out of the ring and staggers away. 

Winner by DQ- Richard Charland 

Lance: Wow! Obviously this situation is not over between Brito and Charland. Speaking of volatile situations. Here's what happened last week after Cocoa Samoa's match. 

Footage shows the Cuban Assassins attacking Cocoa Samoa and holding him as Ratamyus came to the ring with a chain and hit Cocoa, busting him open, then proceeded to choke him with the chain until the Guerreros came in to stop it.

More footage is shown from a house show at the Jackson Coliseum as the Cuban Assassins took on the Guerreros in a wild brawl. In the end, the Ref took a bump, Ratamyus threw his chain to the Cuban Assassins. They hit Mando with a chain double clothesline, then did the same to Hector. The Ref recovered to make the 3 count. 

Lance: I understand the Guerreros have left TNT following that brutal match. Here's some pre recorded comments from Cocoa Samoa. 

Cocoa: Ratamyus! I thought I was done with you but NO! You want to bring a chain into this? Fine! I challenge you to a chain match! Believe me brother, next time it will be your blood spilled and next time I'll make sure to finish the job! 

Commercial Break 

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski vs. Gary Williams

Putski simply overpowers Williams then swings him to the ropes and finishes him off with the Polish Hammer! The fans cheer as Putski heads to the podium. 

Winner- Ivan Putski 

Lance: Impressive win for Ivan Putski. Well Ivan, I've just been informed that you have signed a match for Summer Blast and your opponent will be George the Animal Steele! 

Ivan: Lance, Steele and I are no strangers to each other. I heard he specifically called me out. That's ok by me because at Summer Blast, Steele will go down courtesy of the Polish Hammer! 

Commercial Break

Pre recorded comments from the AWA World Tag Team Champs, the Road Warriors. 

Paul Ellering is holding his folded Wall Street Journal by his mouth. 

Animal: All we've been hearing is Stan Stasiak shooting his big mouth off about his so called tough team Decimation and how they're going to take these titles from us! That's never going to happen! Tell em Hawk! 

Hawk: Weeeellllll! It seems that every team across the AWA wants a crack at us. All this means for Decimation is that they're the next victims! 

Decimation w/Stan Stasiak vs. Todd Rooney and Mark Jeffers 

Decimation toss their opponents all over the ring as Stasiak applauds. Colley swings Jeffers to the ropes and hits a powerslam then tags in Shaw. Shaw swings off the ropes and hits a body splash for the pin! Rooney runs in but Decimation beat him down and hurl him through the ropes. The fans boo as Stasiak raises his men's arms in victory. 

Winners-  Decimation 

Stasiak cuts a promo and says the Road Warriors can talk tough all they want but he knows they're running scared because they've never met a team with the power of Decimation! 

Commercial Break

Stampede Rush vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant

This one goes back to when Valiant fired Brown and replaced him with Goldie Rogers. After Brown scored a pin on Rogers, he was attacked by Mr. Electricity Steve Regal. Valiant calls Regal and Rogers the Blonde Bombers. Well, Brown called in his old partner Duke Myers to settle this. After some TV brawls here we are. 

The bell rings and everybody is brawling while Valiant runs out of the ring. Myers is pounding on Regal in one corner while Brown punches on Rogers in the other. They whip the Blondes into each other and follow with forearm blasts. The Ref finally gets control. Brown swings Rogers to the corner and follows with a knee to the mid section. Brown hits several more knees then hip tosses Rogers over. Brown tags in Myers. They swing Rogers to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Myers covers 1..2..Regal runs in with a stomp. Brown runs in and punches Regal to the corner. As the Ref is guiding Brown back, Valiant puts a foreign object in Regal's hand. Regal runs over and nails Myers on the back of the head. Rogers puts his arm over Myers. The Ref turns around and counts 1..2..3! Brown runs in but Regal nails him with the foreign object. Regal puts the object in his trunks then helps Rogers out of the ring as Valiant celebrates. 

Winners- The Blonde Bombers

Commercial Break

Lance: The tag team competition here in TNT is at an all time high. We all know the Fabulous Ones are the current AWA Southern Tag Champs. I've been asked by Commissioner Larry Hennig to make this special announcement. TNT will be introducing the TNT Tag Team Titles. There will be an 8 team tournament to crown the new TNT champions. More on that in the weeks to come. Right now, please welcome out one of the teams who will be in that tournament, the Kansas Jayhawks.

The fans cheer as Dutch and Jaggers come out wearing cowboy hats.

The Jayhawks are in the middle of their promo when there's a commotion as Bob Orton and Killer Brooks come out!

Lance: Wait a minute, just hold on, we don't want any trouble out here.

Brooks: Guess what? Trouble is here!

Orton: That's right! We're coming off a hellacious tag title run up in the Pacific and we're going to continue that here in TNT! I'm staring at two wannabe cowboys. If this is the best TNT has to offer then Larry Hennig mine as well hand over the titles to us right now.

Orton and Brooks have a good laugh. Bobby and Dutch calmly walk Lance Russell to the side and unload on Brooks and Orton! Fists are flying as a dozen prelim wrestlers come out to break it up. 

Commercial Break 

Tito Santana vs. Vic Dutro 

Tito fires up the crowd as he works Dutro over with hip tosses and dropkicks. Tito puts Dutro away with the flying forearm to get the pin! The fans cheer as Tito heads to the podium. 

Winner- Tito Santana 

Lance: Tito, at Summer Blast, it's you and Funk for the TNT title. What do you make of Funk's recent comments? 

Tito: Lance, I have no idea what Terry Funk is talking about. I've never tried to manipulate anything. I simply helped him out a couple times. I want to make one thing clear. I earned this title shot and at Summer Blast, Terry Funk is going to realize just why. Ariba! 

Commercial Break 

Another video is shown of Hercules Ayala with taped fists punching away on a heavy bag hung up on a tree. Ayala stops.

Ayala: Atlas! The time is ticking! Your days are numbered! 

Ayala goes back to punching the bag. 

Lance: A very intense Hercules Ayala. That taped fist match with Tony Atlas should be a brutal affair. Speaking of brutal, I have to admit my next guests make me a bit nervous. 

Ratamyus (swinging his chain)  and the Cuban Assassins storm the podium as Lance gets out of there.

Ratamyus: Cocoa Samoa! You challenge me to a chain match? HAHAHAHA I accept! But you better have eyes in the back of your head because you might not make it to that match. My Cuban Assassins ran those yellow Guerreros out of town and you have no friends left! We are going to brutalize and beat you down until there's nothing left of you! Nothing! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Before we get to our main event, next week's show will feature Jumbo Tsuruta, TV Champ Tully Blanchard, Cuban Assassins, Tony Atlas. Big 6 man tag as the AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones team with Denny Brown to take on Mr. Wrestling 2/3 and Steve O. Ok, time for our main event. 

The Dream Machine vs. 'King' Carl Fergie w/Jimmy Hart

Fergie gets a lot of heat as he wears a King's Crown. Him and Hart taunt the fans as they enter the ring. Dream Machine hits the ring and the Ref signals for the bell. Hart bails as Dream unloads on Fergie, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Dream picks up Fergie and smashes his head on the turnbuckle several times as the fans count along. Dream body slams Fergie, hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Hart pulls Fergie's foot to the rope and yells at the Ref. The Ref taps Dream and shows him the foot. Dream warns Hart. Dream hoists Fergie up for a suplex but Hart reaches in and trips Dream. Fergie crashes down on top. Hart holds Dream's foot as the Ref counts 1..2..3!

Winner- Carl Fergie

Hart is jumping up and down then enters the ring and helps Fergie up then raises his arm. WHAM! Dream nails Fergie from behind! Hart's eyes are bulging with fear as Dream grabs him. Thundering boos as George Wells and Honkytonk Man hit the ring! They punch away on Dream then stomp on him. Fergie staggers up and joins in on the 3 on 1 attack.

Massive cheers as Jerry Lawler hits the ring (wearing a neckbrace from last week's assault by the Hart Family)  Lawler punches away as the fans cheer but the odds are to much. Fergie, Wells and HTM get the upper hand. 

Dream starts to rise when all of a sudden there's a HUGE ROAR as SUPERSTAR BILL DUNDEE hits the ring!!!! Dundee unloads on HTM and Fergie. Dream runs over and takes Wells down. Lawler staggers up and pounds away on Fergie. Lawler punches Fergie through the ropes, Dream clotheslines Wells over the top rope. Dundee winds up and punches HTM over the top rope! Hart is shocked and cant believe this. 

The fans are blowing the roof off the place as Lawler, Dream Machine and Superstar Bill Dundee stand tall! 

Commercial Break

The fans are still cheering. 

Lance: Unbelievable! Superstar Bill Dundee has arrived and is standing here with the Dream Machine and Jerry Lawler. I still cant believe it. 

Dundee: Jerry, I'm sorry I let the cat out of the bag but I just couldn't stand by anymore and watch the despicable actions of the Hart and his 3 stooges. 

Jerry: (smiling) Bill, it's quite alright. Ladies and Gentlemen our mystery partner for Summer Blast, Superstar Bill Dundee! 

The show ends as the fans are still up and cheering! 

Summer Blast 84

July 16th, Liberty Bowl Memphis TN 

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (c) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 

AWA Tag Team Title Bout

The Road Warriors (c) w/Paul Ellering vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak 

TNT Title Bout 

Terry Funk (c) vs. Tito Santana

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fabulous Ones (c) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3

AWA Light Heavyweight title Bout

Brad Armstrong (c) vs. 'The One and Only' Steve O 

TNT TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (c) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

Taped Fist Match

Hercules Ayala vs. 'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas

'Polish Power' Ivan Putski vs. George 'The Animal' Steele

AND 

6-MAN STEEL CAGE MATCH!! 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler/Dream Machine/Superstar Bill Dundee 

VS.

'King' Carl Fergie/'Master G' George Wells/Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart

Idol vs Tully is going to be fantastic, because while Idol may be getting cheered, Tully now has an opponent, who can and will cheat just as often, just as well, and just as sneakily as he can.

The Real Deal is yet another fantastic addition to your flourishing tag team scene. A second set of Tag Titles will do quite nicely here.

Polish Power vs The Animal! Fun!!

Road Warriors vs Decimation is going to be an awesome spectacle. Looking forward to it.

Dude. Jayhawks vs Orton and Killer Brooks...... you're the best.

Tito Santana trying to make sense of The Funker! Bad idea man, just get ready for the fight.

Oh Shit, Lawler and Dundee on the same side! Fighting against Hart's boys. That cage match is going to a bloody war!

Great episode of television, and Summer Blast is looking stacked!

Summer Blast is shaping up nicely.

I must say that I am rooting for the Kansas Jayhawks in the tag tournament

RW vs Decimation is going to be a war!

Tito is one of the guys who could do it all and he is going to give Funk one tough match

Lawler and Dundee.... so  many possibilities .... add Dream Machine and Fergie and all the rest of the Memphis crew and you could go for ever.

Tony Atlas was one of my favorites and if it wasn't the 1980's, he could have been one the top stars... same for JYD

I think if you were around in the 1980's, Ratymus would be in the Hall of Fame

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Junction San Antonio TX 7-5-84

Footage from last week is shown as Bill Dundee returns to help Jerry Lawler and Dream Machine fight the Hart Family. We find out Dundee is indeed the mystery partner of Lawler and Dream Machine in the upcoming Cage match at Summer Blast.

Stack: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA network. All roads lead to Summer Blast on July 16th and we have a lot going on this evening. The Fabulous Ones team with Denny Brown to take on Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 along with Steve O. Bill Dundee wanted to get in the ring and will face the Honkytonk Man. Also, Jerry Lawler and Dream Machine will take on Carl Fergie and George Wells. Should be an outstanding show. Let's get to the...hold on a second.

Jimmy Hart comes out with Honkytonk Man, Fergie (wearing his king's crown) and Wells.

Hart: Once again Lawler and his cronies use their influence on Commissioner Larry Hennig to get what they want!  Lawler! You big dummy! Be careful for what you wish for baby because after my family gets through with all of you tonight, there will be nothing left of any of you for Summer Blast! 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ty Wilkinson

Cocoa looks great tonight as he nails Ty with some hip tosses and dropkicks. Cocoa puts him down with a jumping headbutt then hops to the middle ropes and crashes down with a diving headbutt for the win! 

Cocoa is celebrating with the fans when the boos come down as Ratamyus (with a chain) and the Cuban Assassins surround the ring. Cocoa has his fists up and is looking over all three men. Ratamyus raises his chain. Him and the Assassins hop on the apron smiling at their prey. The fans go wild when two islanders run out and yank the Assassins off the apron and start pounding away! Cocoa grabs Ratamyus and hurls him in the ring as the chain goes flying. Cocoa hammers away on Ratamyus then grabs the chain but Ratamyus rolls out of the ring. The Islanders punch the Assassins back. Ratamyus and the Assassins hightail out of there as Cocoa swings the chain around. 

Stack: Oh my! Cocoa, come on over! Looks like you have some friends. 

Cocoa: I do. This is Tio and Tapu, Polynesian Power! These men are tough, strong, brutal and believe me can fight! 

Tapu: Our brother Cocoa called us up and said he needed some help. I said, we're on our way bro! 

Tio: Cocoa, don't worry about anything, we got your back brotha! Cuban Assassins! We'll take care of you! 

Cocoa: Ratamyus! (grips the chain) It's going to be you and me, bounded by this chain! You have nowhere to run! 

Commercial Break 

The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant vs. Sam and Shawn Smith

Goldie Rogers and Steve Regal come out in red glitter vests and sunglasses. Rogers works over Sam then tags in Regal. Regal hops on the middle ropes. Rogers hits a backbreaker and holds him while Regal crashes down with a knee to the chest. Regal arrogantly covers and gets the pin! Valiant holds his men's arms up as the fans boo, then escorts them to the podium.

Stack: We heard the announcement last week that there will be a tournament to crown TNT tag team champions. I understand that tournament will take place next month. Johnny V, I'm sure your men will be involved.

Valiant: Of course they will be in the tournament! You rank the Blonde Bombers on a scale from 1 to 10 and I would say they're a 35 to 40. Something that's been bothering us is last week those punks McGeek and Vomit came out and said they were the real deal.

Rogers and Regal burst out laughing.

Valiant: Exactly HAHAHA what a joke. Boys, you get in the ring with my Blonde Bombers and after that you'll be called False Pretenders! 

Valiant and the Bombers walk away laughing. 

Commercial Break 

A video is shown of Hercules Ayala walking up a hill carrying a boulder on his shoulder. He gets to the top and throws the boulder down the hill. 

Ayala holds up his massive arms and clenches his taped fists and yells  "Atlas!"  

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Gary Williams 

Atlas has some aggression tonight as he works Williams over with punches and thrusts then headbutts him down. Atlas hits a Gorilla Press Slam followed by a body splash to get the pin! The fans cheer as Atlas raises his fist to them and heads to the podium. 

Stack: At Summer Blast, it's you and Ayala in a taped fist match. Tony, I know you've been watching Ayala's training videos. He looks very intense.

Atlas: Oh he looks tough, mean and nasty don't he? The way he hits the punching bag, the way he pulls cars and throws boulders. That's impressive. But guess what? None of those things hit back! Guess what? Tony Atlas hits back! Come Summer Blast Ayala, I'm gonna hit you so hard with my taped fists, I'm gonna rattle your ancestors boy! 

Commercial Break 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee vs. The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart

HTM and Hart taunt the fans and get some massive boos. The boos turn to a wild cheer as Dundee comes out and enters the ring. HTM attacks at the bell but Dundee blocks his punches and fires away! Dundee turns around and raises his fist at Hart but Hart bails out of the ring. Dundee turns around and HTM rakes the eyes then hits a Russian Leg Sweep. HTM swings off the ropes and lands a fist drop 1..2..Kick Out. HTM stomps away then chokes Dundee on the bottom rope. HTM body slams Dundee then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop but Dundee moves. Hart is jumping up and down in panic. Dundee regroups. HTM limps up and Dundee scoop slams him, swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Hart puts HTM's foot on the rope. Dundee points down and warns Hart. Dundee hoists HTM and vertical suplexes him back. Hart is motioning to the back.

Fergie and Wells come out. Dundee is ready for the fight. HTM slowly gets up and nails Dundee from behind. HTM grabs the ropes and drops several knees on Dundee then chokes him. The Ref guides HTM back. Wells chokes Dundee and Fergie slaps him. The fans go nuts as Lawler and Dream Machine run out and hammer away on Fergie and Wells! Hart is screaming. HTM goes to the ropes and is yelling and is ready to join in. Dundee comes from behind and nails HTM with a high knee. then rolls him up 1..2..3! 

HUGE POP!

Lawler and Dream punch away on Fergie and Wells into the commercial. 

Commercial Break 

TV Champ Tully Blanchard vs. Kent Stevens 

Tully swings Kent into the corner and works him over with kicks and open hand slaps. Tully hip tosses him out and follows with a neck snap. Tully hoists Kent up and hits the Sling Shot Suplex for the pin! The fans boo as Tully lifts up both arms in victory then snatches the TV title from the Ref and heads to the podium. 

Stack: Ok, Tully you defend your TV title against Austin Idol at Summer Blast. 

Tully: I didn't come out here to talk about that. I have bigger news Stack. Commissioner Hennig finally made a good decision and has officially confirmed I will have a guaranteed shot at the TNT title in the near future. Once I win that title, the sky's the limit!

Stack: Don't you think you should first focus on the task at hand. You might be underestimating Austin Idol.

Tully: (Sarcastic tone) Appreciate your concern Stack, it really means a lot.  Let me be clear. This TV title will stay with me until I relinquish it when I win the TNT title. Austin Idol is nothing but a colorful clown. He's nowhere near my caliber and I'm going to expose him at Summer Blast. Terry Funk, get ready because I'm coming after you. 

Commercial Break 

Stack: Before we get to our next match, I want to announce more matches signed for Summer Blast. Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus in a chain match! Kansas Jayhawks take on Bob Orton and Killer Brooks and it will be Richard Charland taking on my guest here Gino Brito Jr. Gino, it appears you and Charland have some history and your battles have continued here in TNT.

Brito: Charland and I go way back and have been involved in some in ring wars. Just so happens we came to TNT at the same time and it looks like our fight isn't over. If I have to end things at Summer Blast, then that's exactly what I'm going to do! 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Vic Dutro and William Hillman 

Bobby sets his bull rope down and Dutch sets his whip down then they go to work. In the end they swing Dutro to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline for the win! 

Bob Orton and Killer Brooks hit the ring and attack the Jayhawks from behind! They put the boots to them. Orton and Brooks pick up Dutch and put him down with a double DDT! Orton gets Jagger's bull rope. They tie it around Jaggers neck then hurl him over the top rope and hang him! Jaggers is gripping the rope as Orton and Brooks pull and continue choking him! Several prelim wrestlers come out to stop this madness! 

Commercial Break 

Stack: Wow! The Jayhawks had to be helped out of here. Purely a despicable and disgusting act perpetrated by Orton and Brooks.

Orton and Brooks storm the podium.

Brooks: I said this last week, we're here to cause some trouble! Jayhawks want a fight? They got one!

Orton: They're nothing but a couple cowboy wannabes. Everybody better take notice because the Continental Cowboys are here and you all better watch out!  

Stack: Ok, well I think the Continental Cowboys better be ready to back up their words because I know the Kansas Jayhawks will be back for that fight at Summer Blast. Jumbo Tsuruta will be in action when we come back.

Commercial Break

Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak vs. Harold Helms

Jumbo completely obliterates his opponent then finishes him off with the Powerbomb! Stasiak raises Jumbo's arm then tells him something. Jumbo picks up Harold and Powerbombs him again! They head to the podium as the fans give it to them. 

Decimation comes out and joins them. 

Stasiak: Take a long hard look at the men beside me. They're not just men, they're not just wrestlers but they're wrecking machines! At Summer Blast, Decimation are going to show those paint faced freaks why they're the best team in the entire AWA! Decimation has steamrolled over all the competition and remain undefeated! Road Warriors! Your DOOMED! Now, Jumbo Tsuruta has dominated all around the world. Let me tell you something, Verne Gagne was terrified when I signed Jumbo Tsuruta. He knows that with my influence and killer instinct matched with Jumbo's skills, well that just makes Jumbo Tsuruta an unstoppable force! Hulk Hogan is running scared because deep down inside he knows he cant beat Tsuruta. At Summer Blast, the AWA world titles will be locked up with me! 

Commercial Break 

AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones and 'Downtown' Denny Brown

vs.

Mr. Wrestling 2/3 and 'The One and Only' Steve O 

Denny and Steve have had issues since Mr. Wrestling 2 helped Steve win their best of 3 series for an AWA LHW title shot. Wrestling 2 and 3 won a match to earned themselves a title shot against the Fabs at Summer Blast. 

Fun fast paced match. Steve spends the match avoiding Denny. Fabs look crisp by using several double team maneuvers to frustrate their opponents. Their frustration continues when Denny uses a variety of suplexes. Tide turns when Wrestling 2 nails Denny with a knee from the apron. Denny staggers into a scoop slam by Wrestling 3. Now Steve wants in. Steve sticks his boot out and Wrestling 3 rams Denny's head on it. Steve comes in and chokes Denny then lays him on the bottom rope, swings back and hits a body guillotine. Steve hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Steve berates the Ref. Steve swings Denny into the corner and charges in but Denny raises his boot and Steve crashes into it head first. Denny rolls over and tags in Lane. 

Lane hammers away on Steve, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Wrestling 3 comes in and gets back dropped. Wrestling 2 comes in and gets back dropped. Wrestling 3 gets up but Keirn comes in and clotheslines him down! Steve wobbles over but Denny grabs him and hits an overhead suplex. The Ref gets control. Steve staggers back and tags in Wrestling 2. Steve rolls out of the ring and under the apron. Lane tags in Keirn. Keirn punches away on Wrestling 2, swings him to the ropes and flips him over with a kitchen sink knee. Keirn tags in Lane. They hit a double suplex and tag in Denny. Wrestling 3 comes in but The Fabs send him through the ropes with a running double fist. 

The  Ref is trying to get the Fabs to their corner. Steve comes out from under the ring wearing a mask! Wrestling 2 gets up and Denny catches him with the Oklahoma Roll. Steve comes in and drops a knee on Denny's head. Wrestling 3 drags Wrestling 2 out of the ring. Steve covers Denny as the Ref turns around 1..2..3! The Fabs are a second to late. The fans boo as The Fabs are trying to figure out what happened while attending to Denny. 

Commercial Break

Stack: Well Steve O's shenanigans give him and his partners the win. I wonder if he'll use those tactics at Summer Blast when he gets his Light Heavyweight title shot against Brad Armstrong. Speaking of Summer Blast, fans, please welcome out the TNT champion Terry Funk. 

Stack: Terry, I know you have some issues with Tito Santana but I have to say, I don't think he had any selfish motives. He really did earn this title match. 

Funk: He was put in that position because he got close to me and my affairs. Why doesn't anybody see this? Am I the only one? Tito is a manipulative and sneaky person. He thinks his plan is going to work but there's no way in hell he's going to beat me for this here title.

Cheers as Tito Santana comes out.

Tito: I'm very sorry to interrupt but I think we need to clear this up once and for all. Terry, I have the upmost respect for you and honestly was only trying to help. Then, I was given an opportunity to wrestle for a shot at the title and took it. Why don't we just have a good clean match at Summer Blast and compete for the TNT title as the true competitors we are.

Funk: You see, this is what I'm talking about. He does all this sneaking around then comes out here with his goody goody attitude and tries to make me look like the bad guy. If I have issues with a man, then I fight that man face to face. I'm not a sneaky politician, I'm a fighter. And at Summer Blast I'm coming to fight and keep this title. No matter what!

Tito: Ok, fair enough. I'll see you at Summer Blast.

Tito starts to walk away and Funk raises his title and starts to swing it at Tito. Tito looks back and Funk stops. 

Funk: You see, I could of had you but I'm not like you,  I don't do things behind the back, I fight face to face. 

Tito gives Funk a cold stare as Funk puts the title on his shoulder and walks out. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Dream Machine

vs. 

'King' Carl Fergie and 'Master G' George Wells w/Jimmy Hart

The bell rings and the brawl is on! Hart gets out of the ring. Lawler fires away and punches Fergie out of the ring. Dream hammers away on Wells and punches him through the ropes. Hart tries to regroup his men. The fans boo as they start to walk away. Lawler and Dream run out and grab them and run them back to the ring as the fans are going wild. The Ref finally gets control. Lawler swings Fergie to the ropes and puts him down with a big fist. Lawler body slams Fergie and stomps away then body slams him again, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with the fist drop 1..2..Wells drops a knee to break it. Dream comes in and punches Wells to the corner. The Ref gets control. Lawler tags in Dream. Dream back drops Fergie and Fergie bounces back and tags in Wells. Wells charges but Dream hip tosses him over. Wells staggers up and Dream clotheslines him down. Dream hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Fergie breaks it. Lawler runs in and blasts away on Fergie. The Ref is trying to break them up. The fans boo as Honkytonk Man hits the ring with his guitar and shatters it over Dream's head. Dream crashes down. and Wells sets his arm on him. HTM bails as Hart yells at the Ref to turn around. The Ref turns around and dives over 1..2..3! Massive boos. 

While HTM is looking up in the ring and smiling he's blasted from behind by Dundee! Dundee hammers on HTM while Lawler is firing away on Fergie. Fists are flying as the show ends. 

Summer Blast 84

The Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN, July 16th

AWA World Title Bout

Hulk Hogan (C) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Road Warriors (C) w/Paul Ellering vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Tito Santana

AWA Southern Tag Title Bout

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3

TNT TV Title Bout

Tully Blanchard (C) vs. 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol 

AWA Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Brad Armstrong (C) vs. 'The One and Only' Steve O

Taped Fist Match

'Mr. USA' Tony Atlas vs. Hercules Ayala

Chain Match

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus

Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Continental Cowboys 

The Real Deal vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. 'The Tempest' Richard Charland 

and 

6- Man STEEL CAGE BOUT!!! 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler, Dream Machine and 'Superstar' Bill Dundee

vs.

'King' Carl Fergie, 'Master G' George Wells and The Honkytonk Man w/Jimmy Hart

I love the paranoid Terry Funk angle you have going. It perfectly makes him the heel for the match against Santana, but doesn't turn him all the way for now. It also 100% sounds like Terry Funk.

Tio and Tapu are great back up for Cocoa, which he has needed for quite some time!

Liking the Bombers, they are a fine midcard addition to your stacked tag team division.

Speaking of spot on interviews, I can hear Tony Atlas in my head every time you write for him. Great work.

The Hart Family vs Lawler/Dundee/Dream Machine war is out of control, and that 6 man is gonna be batshit. Can't wait for it

Jayhawks/Cowboys is a feud I can definitely get behind, as I really like both teams. A good old fashioned hanging will certainly stir things up!

Tully is coming for the belt, and that has me more excited than anything. Funk vs Blanchard has the potential to be amazing!

Another fantastic show, and Summer Blast is gonna be HUGE!

Summer Blast is going to be a wild ride.

Could Ratymus have met his match.  Tio and Tapu were ready to help out as was Cocoa.

I like Atlas at the interview desk here with his line about the gym equipment not hitting back!  Anything could happen when they meet.

All is right in the world of Memphis Wrestling when you have no idea what is going to happen next.  With Lawler, Dundee, Dream, Hart, Fergie, Wells, HTM, and the the Kansas Jayhawks ... you have reached that point and it is very fun to read.

I loved Steve O getting another mask. We have seen the old switch-a-roo before but it is usually between 2 people with masks.  This time we add a mask!  Very creative.

Looking forward to Tito vs Funk as I have no idea what is going to happen!

Great card this week!

Another great tv show.....Summer Blast is going to be HUGE!!

Great angle with Funk/Tito! 

One of the fun aspects of this game for me is going back and doing research on wrestlers I'm not familiar with.....Ratamyus is certainly one of those that I wasn't familiar with but I've been doing some studying on him and it's really been fascinating and raised my interest in him!

Cool to see you're continuing to keep your creativity sharp! Fun read as always.

Summer Blast looks stacked top to bottom and I really enjoyed some of the gimmicks/nicknames you've given some of the talent who otherwise would have come off a little bland under a less seasoned writer. "Downtown" Denny Brown, "One & Only" Steve O, Real Deal is also a solid pairing. Always enjoyed the King gimmick when Fergie used it. Wells also makes a fun project here as he was honestly pretty agile for his size and entertaining when motivated, problem was he was often not motivated due to personal issues at the time. He put on a heck of a 2 minute slew of offense at WrestleMania II, and that's how I like to remember him. A lot of his Master G stuff is now available on WWE Network in WCCW and he also worked it as a face in Mid-South after Dog left IRL. A really solid and fun roster up and down.

Like I said, Summer Blast is stacked, but for me I'm most looking forward to Tully vs  Idol, Funk vs. Tito, and of course that 6 man Cage match.

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 7-13-84

Footage is shown from the Omni as Ted Dibiase defeats Hulk Hogan for the AWA World Title! 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling here on the USA Network. Major news in the AWA as Ted Dibiase is the new world champion. He defeated Hulk Hogan and there sure was some controversy but the end result is Ted Dibiase is the world champ. Let's hear some pre recorded comments from the new champ as he will now defend that title at Summer Blast against Jumbo Tsuruta! 

Dibiase: (smiling with the strap on his shoulder) Get ready Memphis because the champ is coming to town! Now that I have to fulfill Hogan's previous bookings, it looks like Summer Blast is the next destination. Poor Jumbo Tsuruta. He thought he was going to be in a brawl but now he has to face a champ that can do it all. There's nothing I cant do in the ring and that's exactly why I'm holding this title! After Summer Blast, Ted Dibiase will be the talk of TNT!

Lance: There you have it from the new world champ. We'll be hearing from Stasiak and Tsuruta a bit later. Lot's of exciting news going on in TNT. Next week, changes are coming to TNT. Due to the expansion of territories in the AWA, the Roanne Fieldhouse will now be the permanent home for our weekly TV programs. I understand Steve Stack has taken a behind the scenes position and I know he's excited about that. Thank you Steve for all your contributions on the air. Join us next week as TNT kicks off a new era here on the USA network.  

We've got a dandy of a program tonight as Summer Blast is just days away. Jerry the King Lawler will go one on one with King Carl Fergie and the winner will have the sole rights to wear the crown. Before we get to our first match, I wanted to get a word with Cocoa Samoa. 

The fans cheer as Cocoa comes out.

Lance: Cocoa, it's you and Ratamyus at Summer Blast, in a chain match! 

Cocoa: I've been counting down the hours....

Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassins storm the podium and attack Cocoa! Cheers as Polynesian Power run out and hit the Assassins! Lance bails as all 6 men are in an intense fight! 

Commercial Break 

The fight was broken up and Commissioner Larry Hennig is standing with Lance.

Hennig: Things are getting way out of control. Since Ratamyus wants to fight Cocoa so bad and doesn't want to wait for Summer Blast, I have a solution. Their chain match will happen tonight!

Massive pop!

Lance: Oh my!

Hennig: That's right Lance, and both the Cuban Assassins and Polynesian Power will be banned from the match. If anybody interferes, they will be fired! However, I've decided that those two teams will face each other at Summer Blast!

Lance: Ok fans, big announcement from Larry Hennig! What a wild night this should be. Let's get to the ring.  

The Real Deal (Scott McGhee/Ricky Vaughn) vs. Kent Stevens and Harold Helms 

Vaughn works over Stevens then back drops him. Stevens bounces back and tags in Helms. Vaughn hip tosses him over and follows with a drop kick then tags in McGhee. McGhee works over Helms then tags in Vaughn (climbs to the top rope) Vaughn hits a missile dropkick then tags in McGhee. McGhee executes a German Suplex for the pin! 

The fans cheer as Real Deal heads to the podium. 

Lance talks about their upcoming match with the Blonde Bombers at Summer Blast and how Johnny Valiant made some disparaging remarks about them. McGhee and Vaughn say they have thick skin and remain focus on the task at hand...defeating the Blonde Bombers! 

Commercial Break

Richard Charland vs. Gary Williams

Charland nails Gary with a running forearm blast then hits a body slam. Charland rakes his boot across Williams head then picks him up and hurls him out of the ring. Charland goes outside, picks up Gary and body slams him on the concrete! Charland hurls Gary back in the ring. Charland picks up Gary and crashes him down with an inverted piledriver to get the pin! 

The fans boo as Charland heads to the podium. 

Lance: Well Mr. Charland, we've seen you and Gino Brito Jr. going at it of late and now you can settle things at Summer Blast.

Charland gives a promo in French then storms off leaving behind a puzzled Lance Russell. 

Commercial Break

TNT Champ Terry Funk joins Lance Russell for commentary for the next match.

Tito Santana vs. Trent Parker

Tito works over Parker with a series of arm drags. Funk puts over Tito's athleticism but says he's also a master manipulator. Tito back drops Parker. Parker staggers up as Tito swings off the ropes and hits the flying forearm for the win!

Funk walks into the ring. Him and Tito have an intense stare down. Funk raises the TNT title and mouths some words to Tito. Funk turns around to exit. Tito runs at him but stops. Funk turns around quick. Tito points at him and nods his head basically saying I could of had you but I'll wait for Summer Blast. Funk warns him and doesn't take his eyes off him as he exits the ring. 

Commercial Break

Lance: As we all know, at Summer Blast, it will now be Ted Dibiase defending the AWA World title against Jumbo Tsuruta. My guests at this time are Stan Stasiak and Jumbo Tsuruta. Ok Stan, I know this has got to throw things off a bit for your man. I mean you've been preparing for Hogan and now it's a whole new ballgame with Dibiase.

Stasiak: It throws nothing off you idiot! Do you know who this man is? He's Jumbo Tsuruta! He's been with the best in the world and has defeated them all! Every style and every kind of opponent has fallen to Tsuruta. Dibiase will be no different! At Summer Blast, the result will be the same, Jumbo Tsuruta walks out with the AWA world title!  Now, watch what my team Decimation does in the ring because at Summer Blast, this is what's going to happen to the Road Warriors! 

Decimation w/Stan Stasiak vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Total squash! Shaw and Colley send Sean through the ropes with a running double shoulder block! Colley picks up Sam and powerslams him over. Shaw swings off the ropes and hits a big splash for the pin! The fans boo as Jumbo Tsuruta hits the ring, picks up Sam and powerbombs him down! Stasiak and his men stand tall as the boos continue. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, get ready because our chain match happens right now. I must say viewer discretion be advised because this will be brutal. 

Chain Match!

Cocoa Samoa vs. Ratamyus

Ratamyus has his face painted white and looks ominous as Cocoa looks like a man out of his mind with intensity. Several Refs are in there as they hook their wrists with the chain. This match will be under pinfall or submission rules. 

The fans cheer as both men are hooked. As soon as the Refs get out of there, Cocoa and Ratamyus yank the chain and try to get the first blow. Cocoa pulls Ratamyus in and nails him with a chain shot. Cocoa hits a body slam then wraps the chain around his fist and crashes down with a fist drop. Ratamyus is busted open. Cocoa gets up and rewraps the chain and hits another fist drop 1..2..Ratamyus gets his foot under the ropes. Cocoa rises and Ratamyus hits him with a low blow! Cocoa goes down to his knees as Ratamyus is still on the canvas regrouping. Ratamyus grabs the ropes, staggers around, then wraps the chain around Cocoa's neck and starts choking him. Cocoa is spitting up as Ratamyus chokes away. Ratamyus uses the chain and drags Cocoa back. Ratamyus takes the chain away from Cocoa's throat, then swings it down and hits Cocoa across the body several times. Cocoa is rolling around in pain. Ratamyus wraps the chain around his arm and drops an elbow on Cocoa's head, busting him open. Ratamyus repeats this 1..2..Cocoa barley gets his shoulder up. Ratamyus gets up and threatens the Ref with the chain. Ratamyus spends to much time threatening the Ref. Cocoa gets to his knees and manages to get the chain between the legs of Ratamyus. Cocoa jumps up and yanks the chain up! Ratamyus's body jumps in the air and he goes down in severe pain. The fans are going wild! Cocoa slowly regroups. Cocoa's eyes see nothing but red and the look on his face gives Lance Russell chills. Cocoa wraps the chain around his fist and just hammers away on Ratamyus! Cocoa lifts Ratamyus up then clotheslines him down with the chain! Cocoa pulls Ratamyus to the turnbuckles. Cocoa hops up on the middle ropes, wraps the chain around his head and crashes down with a headbutt 1..2..3!!!!

The fans stand up and cheer! The Ref unhooks the chain and raises Cocoa's arm. Cocoa falls against the ropes. He's bleeding and exhausted but he raises his fist in triumph!

Commercial Break

Lance: Wow! That maybe the most brutal match I've ever seen on TV. Cocoa managed to walk out of here but the Cuban Assassins had to help Ratamyus to the back. Both men were bleeding pretty bad and both were beaten up badly. I guess this was the only way to finally solve this. Now that things have calmed down, let's go to the ring.

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Frank Figgens 

Idol really has the fans with him as he swings Frank to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol hoists Frank up and hits a Shin Breaker. The fans cheer as Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock for the win! 

Lance: Ok Idol, come on over. At Summer Blast, it's you and Tully Blanchard for the TV title. It seems Tully is looking past this and towards a TNT title shot. Your thoughts? 

Idol: Listen up Tully! Austin Idol is no stepping stone Jack! You better be at your best baby because the odds in Vegas say Austin Idol is walking out TV champ! 

Idol gives the camera a wink and bicep pose. 

Lance: Ok, Austin Idol is clearly set and ready for Tully and the TV title. Let's take you to more training from Hercules Ayala as he gets ready for his taped fist match with Tony Atlas at Summer Blast.

Video shows Ayala with taped fists punching away on a heavy bag tied to a tree. Ayala is intense with each punch. The final punch knocks the bag off the tree! 

Ayala: The training is over! Atlas! You're next! 

Commercial Break

Footage is shown from last week as Steve O put on a mask to help him and Mr.

Wrestling 2/3 win their match against Denny Brown and the Fabulous Ones. 

Lance: My guests at this time are the AWA Southern Tag team champions, the Fabulous Ones and Denny Brown. 

Keirn: Yea, they pulled one over on us last week but rest assured at Summer Blast, those masked buffoons don't stand a chance of taking these titles from us!

Lane: That's right! Come Summer Blast, the Fabulous Ones are going to show them just who is the better team!

Denny: I want the Fabs to know, I'll be keeping a close eye on things in case Steve O wants to play games. Steve! We aren't finished yet!

Lance: Summer Blast will be a great night of action. Speaking of Steve O, he will be wrestling Brad Armstrong for the AWA Light Heavyweight championship. Let's hear some pre recorded comments from the champ.

Armstrong: Man, it's been a roller coaster ride holding this title. I've faced the best the AWA has to offer and now I get to come to Memphis and wrestle at Summer Blast! Steve O, I respect your talent but I cant say I've respected your attitude of late. I'm hoping for a solid match but make no mistake about it, an Armstrong can turn the fight up if need be. Looking forward to Summer Blast!  

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event- Winner will be the true King! 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler vs. 'King' Carl Fergie w/Jimmy Hart

Fergie gets rousing boos as he wears his king's crown and taunts the fans while Hart is applauding his king. Massive cheers as Lawler comes out wearing his king's crown. 

The bell rings and Hart high tails it out of the ring as Lawler and Fergie trade blows. Fergie rakes the eyes and swings Lawler to the ropes but Lawler comes back with a clothesline! Fergie rolls over and out of the ring. Hart attends to Fergie then yells at Lawler through his megaphone. Hart and Fergie start yelling at the fans. Lawler runs out, grabs both of their heads and knocks them together as the fans go crazy. Lawler grabs Fergie and hurls him back in the ring. Lawler hops on the middle ropes. Fergie staggers up and Lawler puts him down with a double axehandle. Lawler drops a knee 1..2..Hart puts Fergie's foot on the rope. The Ref looks at the foot then at Hart. Hart denies everything. Lawler gets up and goes to the ropes and warns Hart. Fergie slowly gets up and clips Lawler's knee from behind.

Fergie regroups and Hart yells through his megaphone "Put him down baby!" Fergie grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Lawler then chokes him with his boot. Fergie drops down and chokes Lawler breaking at the count of 4, then repeats this. Fergie hoists Lawler up and vertical suplexes him back 1..2..Kick Out. An irate Fergie chokes away on Lawler. Fergie body slams Lawler, then hops up on the middle ropes, taunts the fans then crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..Lawler gets his shoulder up and the fans start cheering. Hart is going crazy, yelling in the megaphone. Fergie swings Lawler to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lawler kicks him. Both men go down. 

Both men stagger up and have a slow punching exchange. Lawler turns it up then pulls down his strap! The fans are going wild as Lawler starts to unload. Lawler tags Fergie with a few more punches then drops him with a big right hand. Hart jumps on the apron and Lawler runs over and knocks him down with a big right punch as the fans cheer. Fergie staggers up in a daze. Lawler scoop slams him down, then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..3!!! The fans stand up and cheer! Lawler goes out and grabs Fergie's crown then throws it in a trashcan. The fans cheer as Lawler gets back in the ring with his crown and puts it on his head. 

WHAM! Lawler is nailed from behind by the Honkytonk Man and George Wells! Fergie rolls out of the ring as HTM and Wells put the boots to Lawler. The fans explode when Bill Dundee and Dream Machine hit the ring! They brawl with HTM and Wells through the ropes. Fergie grabs a chair and gets back in the ring. Lawler staggers up and Fergie blasts him on the back with the chair! On the outside, Hart gets to his feet and hits Dream Machine from behind with the megaphone, allowing Wells to grab Dream and ram him into the steel post. Wells his Dundee from behind and hurls him in the ring. HTM gets in the ring, picks up Dundee and executes the Shake, Rattle and Roll! Fergie and Wells double slam Lawler. Fergie goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a fist drop! 

The show ends with Fergie, Wells, HTM and Hart standing over a fallen Lawler and Dundee in the ring as the boos reign down. 

Summer Blast 84

Liberty Bowl, Memphis TN 7-16-84

AWA World Title Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Stan Stasiak

The Road Warriors (C) w/Paul Ellering vs. Decimation w/Stan Stasiak

TNT Title Bout

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2/3

TV Title Bout

AWA Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Taped Fist Match

Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Continental Cowboys

Richard Charland vs. Gino Brito Jr. 

The Real Deal vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant

Polynesian Power vs. The Cuban Assassins

AND 

6-MAN STEEL CAGE MATCH!!! 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler/Superstar Bill Dundee/Dream Machine

vs.

The Honkytonk Man/Carl Fergie/'Master G George Wells w/Jimmy Hart 

Huge win for Cocoa Samoa over Ratamyus! You did such a great job at building Ratamyus as that unstoppable monster. Also, didn't expect to see Jerry Lawler losing to Carl Fergie but Summer Blast sure promises to be a great opportunity for revenge for Lawler!

While I was excited for Hogan vs. Jumbo, I'm even more so excited for Dibiase vs. Jumbo and as Dibiase mentioned as Jumbo has been preparing for a brawl...how will it throw off his game to go against an all around wrestler like Dibiase?

Huge win for Cocoa Samoa over Ratamyus....as I mentioned last week, I've been so impressed with your booking of this monster I did some research on him to learn more about the character and ironically he was talked about at length on one of the Jim Cornette podcasts this week (the drive thru I believe)

Idol vs. Blanchard is a fun match with two guys who have very similar personalities but very different ring styles and looks.....I can't wait to see where this goes.

Funk vs. Santana has been very well built and I look forward to their match at Summer Blast!

OMG...as if there wasn't enough heat on this six man cage match....Hart and company go and pull this stunt with Fergie!  This six man cage match would pack the house as is....but there's a huge super card to back it up....this is one I would have begged my Dad to take me to when I was a kid in '84!

I really enjoy our shows the week out of a big card as it kind of gets you ready for that will shake out.  So many big angles that might becoming to a head.  Idol and Blanchard  and Tito and Funk are the highlights for me but the World Title might have just become even more interesting.  Dibiase was right in his interview that Jumbo must now face a man that can do it all!

I know Dibiase/Jumbo will be a far better match, but I hope we somehow see Hogan/Jumbo down the line!

Really liking The Real Deal, but I'm a sucker for pretty boy 80's teams. (Did I really just type that for the world to see!)

Your depiction of paranoid Terry Funk continues to amaze. So psyched for Funk/Santana.

Also psyched for Decimation to get their shot. You have built them up perfectly, and they seem 100% capable to putting the Warriors down.

Awesome write up on Cocoa/Ratymus. Not gonna lie, I don't know shit about either guy, but this has been a fantastic feud!!

Idol/Tully is going to be amazing! I have it in my head that it is going to be the 1984 equivalent of the Anderson/Regal match where Regal starts out heeling Arn, and Arn goes Okay, let me show you how this is done.

Good God, that card for Summer Blast is batshit crazy. People are going to be bootlegging that VHS for years!!

Summer Blast 84! 

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg

TNT @ The Liberty Bowl Memphis TN 7-16-84

Cameras will be rolling as TNT presents Summer Blast 84! 

AWA Light Heavyweight Championship Bout

Mr. Wrestling 2 escorts Steve to the ring then shakes his hand and leaves as he has a match to prepare for.  

These two get things going with some fast pace chain wrestling. They get to their feet and lock up. Steve pushes Brad to the ropes and the Ref tells him to break. Steve slowly backs up then kicks Brad and follows with a rib breaker as the fans boo. Steve works Brad over with stomps. Steve drags Brad over and chokes him on the ropes then grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Steve hits a body slam then hops to the middle ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Steve argues with the Ref then swings Brad to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Brad leapfrogs over, swings off the ropes and puts Steve down with a high dropkick. Brad regroups, swings Steve to the turnbuckles and follows with a monkey flip. Brad hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brad picks up Steve but Steve rakes the eyes and suplexes him back. Both men are lying next to each other. Both men slowly get up, Steve rakes the eyes again and scoop slams Brad. Steve hops to the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. The fans pump Brad up as Steve berates the Ref. Steve swings Brad to the turnbuckles and charges in but Brad moves, Steve hits hard, Brad quickly grabs him and hits a Russian Leg Sweep 1..2..3! The fans get up and cheer as the Ref hands Brad the title and Brad raises it high to the crowd. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA Light Heavyweight champion- Brad Armstrong

Polynesian Power (Tio/Tapu) vs. The Cuban Assassins (Angel/Fidel) 

Polynesian Power came to TNT to help Cocoa Samoa in his fight with Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassins. Cocoa defeated Ratamyus in a chain match last week. Hennig signed this match for tonight.

Polynesian Power get the early advantage by pounding the Assassins out of the ring. Assassins get back on the apron but Polynesian sends them flying off with forearm smashes. Polynesian Power continue to work the Assassins over with body slams, double back elbow smashes and double back drops. Assassins finally get momentum as Fidel nails Tio with a clothesline from the apron. Tio staggers into a clothesline by Angel. Assassins control by double teaming Tio in the corner. After hitting a double body slam, Angel is choking Tio while Fidel kicks away. Tapu has enough and charges over, hammering away on both men. The Ref guides Tapu back. Fidel swings Tio to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Tio swings back and mows Fidel over with a shoulder block then tags in Tapu. Tapu swings off the ropes and drops a knee on Fidel 1..2..Angel stomps on Tapu. Tio runs in and punches Angel to the corner. The Ref guides Tio back. Angel picks up Tapu and hits a snake eyes on the top turnbuckle. Fidel rolls over and covers 1..2..3! Tio is a second to late. The Assassins roll out of the ring and hug as the fans boo.

Winners of the Match- The Cuban Assassins

Gino Brito Jr. vs. Richard Charland 

These long time rivals have had some matches on TV with inconclusive results. The bell rings and fists are flying. Gino gets the upper hand, swings Charland to the ropes and back drops him. Charland bounces then rolls out of the ring. Gino goes to the outside, grabs Charland and hurls him back in the ring. Charland staggers up and Gino puts him down with a drop kick. Gino picks up Charland and swings him into the turnbuckles and follows with a running forearm blast. Brito swings him to the opposite corner and charges in but Charland runs forward and puts Gino down with a forearm blast. Charland regroups. Gino slowly gets up but Charland grabs him and hits an inverted atomic drop followed by a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Charland starts angrily stomping away on Gino then jumps down and chokes him. Charland body slams Gino, swings off the ropes and goes for a knee drop but Gino moves. Charland grabs his knee as Gino regroups. Gino gets up and works over Charland's knee. The fans cheer as Gino applies the figure four but the bell rings! The time limit has expired. The Ref gets Gino to release the hold. Gino is disappointed as Charland rolls over in pain. 

Official Ruling- A time limit draw

The Real Deal (McGhee/Vaughn) vs. The Blonde Bombers (Regal/Rogers) w/Johnny Valiant 

Two teams looking to make their mark in TNT. Blondes come out with Valiant, wearing red glitter vests and sunglasses while Real Deal is wearing black trunks, black knee pads and black boots. 

Fun match up as these teams are going all out. Blondes show some great chemistry as they use a variety of double team maneuvers. Real Deal fires back with some impressive double team maneuvers as well. Blondes get control thanks to a distraction from Valiant. Regal tags in Rogers (Climbs to the top rope), Regal hits a vertical suplex on Vaughn and Rogers crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Vaughn gets his foot on the rope. An irate Rogers grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Vaughn then tags in Regal. Rogers body slams Vaughn as Regal hops over the top rope and crashes down with a leg drop 1..2..Vaughn gets his shoulder up. Valiant and Regal yell at the Ref. Regal swings Vaughn to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Vaughn kicks him, stumbles back and tags in McGhee. McGhee swings Regal into the turnbuckles and follows with a running European uppercut. McGhee swings Regal to the opposite corner and once again hits a running European uppercut. Rogers runs in and McGhee drop kicks him back. Regal nails McGhee from behind then tags in Rogers. Rogers charges in but McGhee back drops him then tags in Vaughn. Vaughn hits a floating butterfly suplex on Rogers. Valiant gets on the apron as Regal charges in but McGhee drop kicks Regal into Valiant! Vaughn goes to the top rope. Rogers staggers up. McGhee nails him with a big punch that spins Rogers around into a missile drop kick from Vaughn 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

Winners of the Match- The Real Deal 

Steele makes his TNT debut tonight and wanted to fight Putski. The fans boo as Steele wildly runs down the aisle and into the ring. Steele wastes no time and tears apart the top turnbuckle padding. The Ref is warning him. The fans cheer as Putski hits the ring but Steele grabs him and smashes his head on the exposed turnbuckle! The match hasn't even begun yet. Steele picks up Putski and smashes his head again on the turnbuckle. Putski is busted open. Security hits the ring and escorts Steele out of there as the boos reign down. 

Several Refs get in the ring to tend to Putski. After a moment, the fans cheer as Putski gets to his feet but his face is a bloody mess. The fans go silent when Putski starts punching away on the Refs! Putski is going nuts as he hits everything in sight! Putski continues his rampage. All of a sudden Ratamyus enters the ring wearing a black cape and hood. Putski stops as he looks right at Ratamyus. Putski goes into some kind of trance. Ratamyus offers his hand. Putski grabs it and Ratamyus leads him out of the ring and up the aisle, leaving the fans in shock. 

Official Ruling- No Contest 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Continental Cowboys

This all started when Orton and Brooks arrived to TNT and went after the Jayhawks but the Jayhawks took the fight to them. A week later, the Cowboys attacked the Jayhawks and hung Jaggers with his rope after whipping Dutch with his own whip. 

The bell rings as the Jayhawks hit the ring with fists flying! They pound the Cowboys to the ropes then send them over with clotheslines! The fans are going crazy as the Jayhawks are pumped up. The Ref gets control and Jaggers hammers away on Brooks, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big punch. Jaggers tags in Dutch. Jaggers holds Brooks as Dutch comes off the middle ropes with a double axe handle 1..2..Orton breaks it. Dutch continues to punish Brooks, swings him to the ropes and flips him over with a knee to the mid section. Dutch tags in Jaggers. They swing Brooks to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Jaggers swings off the ropes and drops a knee. Jaggers picks up Brooks and hits a neckbreaker 1..2..Orton drops a knee on Jaggers. Dutch comes in and knocks Orton to the corner. Dutch continues to punch away on Orton, then punches him through the ropes. The Ref guides Dutch to his corner. Orton reaches over and grabs his towel then puts something in the towel. Jaggers swings Brooks to the turnbuckles, hops up on the ropes and punches down on Brooks. Orton runs across the ring and slaps Dutch. Dutch storms in but the Ref stops him, this allows Orton to nail Jaggers from behind with the loaded towel! Jaggers falls off the turnbuckles as Brooks falls on top. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! Massive boos. Orton drags Brooks out of the ring and helps him to the back as Dutch checks on Jaggers.

Winners of the Match- The Continental Cowboys

TNT TV Title Bout

The introductions are made as Tully takes off his TV title and sticks it in front of Idol's face while mouthing off. Tully grabs the mic. 

"I still cant believe this match is happening. I should be wrestling for the TNT title instead of wrestling this clown" 

The bell rings but Tully is yelling at the booing fans while still holding the mic. 

"You people shut up and show me the respect I des..."

Idol hits Tully from behind with a high knee, Tully fly's to the ropes and Idol rolls him up 1..2..3!!!!! 

The fans go crazy!!!! Tully rolls out of the ring and is in total shock. The Ref hands Idol the TV title. Idol looks down at Tully and gives him a wink then gives the people a bicep pose while holding up the TV title. Tully is throwing a complete tantrum as the fans are on their feet cheering! 

Winner of the Match and NEW TV Champion- Austin Idol 

Intermission 

During the intermission, Commissioner Larry Hennig comes out and thanks all the fans for being apart of Summer Blast 84! He says stay tuned for next week as TNT TV will be undergoing some changes as it heads into a new era of wrestling on the USA Network. He then says he's proud to be working under the AWA banner and TNT will continue to thrive. 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3

The first few minutes are clean as both teams show off some solid wrestling ability. Fabs get control after a double drop kick on Wrestling 2. Keirn hits a vertical suplex then tags in Lane. Lane hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lane tags in Keirn, they swing Wrestling 2 to the ropes and double back drop him. Wrestling 3 charges in but gets double back dropped. Wrestling 3 staggers up and Lane super kicks him out of the ring. Keirn drops an elbow on Wrestling 2 1..2..Wrestling 2 gets his foot on the ropes. Keirn tags in Lane, they double vertical suplex Wrestling 2. Lane goes to the top rope but Wrestling 3 runs over and pushes Lane off! Wrestling 2 rolls over and tags in Wrestling 3. Wrestling 3 works over Lane then hits a variety of suplexes. Wrestling 3 covers 1..2..Keirn breaks it. Wrestling 3 tags in #2. They double body slam Lane. Wrestling 2 executes a backbreaker 1..2..Lane gets his shoulder up. Wrestling 2 tags in #3. They swing Lane to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Lane swings back and drop kicks them both. Lane rolls over and tags in Keirn. Keirn punches #2 out of the ring then hammers away on #3 and scoop slams him down. 

The fans boo as Steve O runs down the aisle. Steve stops and puts on a mask. Keirn swings off the ropes but Steve trips him. Keirn staggers forward and #3 clotheslines him down. The fans roar as Denny Brown runs down the aisle and nails Steve! Denny body slams Steve on the concrete then yanks off his mask! Denny puts the mask on. Wrestling 2 gets up and Denny drop kicks him back down. Denny hops on the apron (wearing the mask). Wrestling 3 goes for the tag but Denny headbutts him! The Fabulous Ones grab Wrestling 3, swing him to the ropes and hit a double free fall slam 1..2..3! 

The fans go wild as Denny takes off his mask and smiles as he heads up the aisle. The Fabs hold their titles high as the fans continue to cheer.

The winners of the match and STILL AWA Southern Tag Champions- The Fabulous Ones

Taped Fist Match 

This goes back to when Ayala turned on Atlas after they lost the tag titles to the Fabulous Ones. Ayala then challenged Atlas to a taped fist match. Ayala has been in serious training while Atlas has been taking care of business in the ring. 

This match is exactly what you would expect, one hell of a fight! As soon as the bell rings these guys punch away on each other with their taped fists. Within minutes both men are busted open and bleeding. They fight to the outside and just pound away on each other. They get back in the ring and Ayala kicks Atlas then scoop slams him down. Ayala body slams him again then goes down and hammers away on Atlas's head. Ayala covers 1..2..Kick Out. Ayala picks up Atlas and swings him to the ropes but misses a big punch, Atlas swings back and punches Ayala down. The fans cheer as Atlas pumps his fists. Atlas body slams Ayala then puts his knee on Ayala's chest, grabs his head and just hammers away on him. Atlas picks Ayala up, the crowd goes wild as Atlas military presses Ayala and slams him down! Atlas hits a body splash 1..2..Ayala gets his foot on the rope. Ayala rolls out of the ring and on the ground. Atlas goes to the outside and stands over Ayala then reaches down but Ayala grabs Atlas's trunks and pulls him over and into the steel post. Both men are hurting and bleeding bad.

The Ref is looking down at Atlas. Ayala reaches in his trunks and pulls out a pair of brass knuckles. Atlas staggers up. Ayala rises. Atlas goes towards Ayala and Ayala nails him with a brass knuckles punch! Ayala rolls a limp Atlas back in the ring then ditches the brass knuckles. Ayala covers as the fans boo 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- Hercules Ayala

The Road Warriors (C) w/Paul Ellering vs. Decimation (Shaw and Colley) w/Stan Stasiak

Nobody makes an appearance like the Road Warriors and tonight is no different as they storm the ring and pummel away on Decimation! Stasiak gets out of there as Ellering looks on with approval. Warriors just dominate the early moments as Animal takes down Colley with a flying shoulder tackle and Hawk clotheslines Shaw out of the ring. Animal swings Colley into the turnbuckles and kicks away then grabs Colley and just tosses him across the ring and tags in Hawk. Hawk swings Colley to the ropes, kicks him in the mid section and suplexes him over. Hawk swings off the ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..Shaw breaks it. Hawk tags in Animal. Animal picks up Colley but Colley rakes the eyes then slams Animal's head on Shaw's boot then tags in Shaw. They pick up Animal and drop him on the top rope. Shaw picks up Animal and rakes his face across the top rope then snaps him back. Shaw stomps away on Animal then body slams him and follows with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Shaw tags in Colley. Shaw swings Animal into the turnbuckles and hits a big splash as Colley follows with a running clothesline. Colley scoops up Animal and powerslams him over 1..2..Hawk breaks it. Stasiak gets on the apron but Ellering runs over and yanks him down then punches him as the fans cheer. 

Colley swings Animal to the turnbuckles and charges in but Animal kicks him in the face and clotheslines him down. Animal regroups and tags in Hawk! Hawk swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow 1..2..Shaw breaks it. Animal runs in and pounds away on Shaw, then the Road Warriors double clothesline him over the top rope! They double body slam Colley, then Animal hoists Colley up on his shoulders. Hawk goes to the top rope and hits the flying clothesline 1..2..3!!! The fans go wild as Ellering hands them the world titles and they hold them up high. Ellering leads his men out.

Winners of the Match and STILL AWA world tag team champs- The Road Warriors 

Stasiak gets in the ring and looks down at Colley and starts berating him. Colley is still out of it. Stasiak continues to berate him. Colley staggers up and Stasiak slaps him. Shaw gets in the ring and pushes Stasiak and yells at him. Stasiak yells back and says "You guys blew it!" Stasiak starts berating Shaw. Shaw looks out at the crowd. The fans cheer Shaw on. Stasiak slaps Shaw and says "Look at me!" Shaw slowly looks at Stasiak with a crazy look. The fans are roaring. Shaw grabs Stasiak and punches him down! Shaw picks up Stasiak and body slams him. The fans are cheering as Shaw swings off the ropes and body splashes Stasiak! Shaw holds up his finger and yells "One More!" The crowd turns up the volume as Shaw swings off the ropes and hits another splash!

Shaw helps Colley out of the ring leaving behind a laid out Stasiak. 

TNT Title Bout

The fans have been waiting for this one. Funk says Tito manipulated his way to this shot but Tito totally denies it and says Funk is paranoid. 

The Ref holds up the TNT title as the fans cheer. The bell rings, Funk and Tito have an intense stare down. Funk is pointing and warning Tito. Tito says "Let's wrestle" 

Both men are very cautious in the opening minutes as neither gets an advantage. Funk gets Tito in the corner and hits him with a series of knife edge chops then hip tosses him over. Funk executes a rolling cradle 1..2..Kick Out. Both men get up and Funk hits Tito with a series of punches and follows with an atomic drop 1..2..Kick Out. Funk hits Tito with some delayed stomps then picks him up and swings him into the turnbuckles and follows with a running shoulder thrust. Funk follows with several shoulder thrusts then pulls Tito out and hits a delayed suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Funk gets heated. He picks up Tito and swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Tito moves and Funk fly's half way through the ropes. Tito rolls over and regroups.

Tito pulls Funk out and executes an overhead back suplex. Tito hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tito swings Funk into the turnbuckles then monkey flips him over and follows with a running neck snap. Tito body slams Funk, hops on the middle ropes and hits an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Tito hits a side slam 1..2..Kick Out. Tito picks up Funk and executes a running atomic drop. Funk hits the turnbuckles, Tito grabs him, swings him to the ropes and hits a high drop kick 1..2..Funk barley gets his shoulder up. Tito body slams Funk then goes to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Funk moves. 

Tito rolls over, holding his knee. Funk slides back and sits against the turnbuckles. 

The fans boo as Tully Blanchard makes his way down the aisle. Tully circles the ring. 

Tito staggers up and Funk clips the back of his knee. Funk grabs Tito's leg and applies the half Boston crab. Funk wrenches away but Tito is able to crawl over and grab the ropes. An irate Funk grabs Tito and hits a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Tito gets his foot on the ropes. The fans are cheering. Funk picks up Tito and swings him to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Tito swings back and hits a flying body press but Funk holds on and the momentum sends both men over the top rope and onto Tully Blanchard! All three men are down. 

The Ref has no choice but to start the count. He gets to 8 and both Funk and Tito slowly roll into the ring. Tully gets up and he's not happy. Tito and Funk slowly start punching away on each other. Tully hops on the apron. Funk gets the upper hand, swings around and pushes Tito to the ropes for a roll up. Tully swings as Tito ducks and Tully hits Funk! The Ref sees this and calls for the bell. Tully looks in the ring then hops down and heads up the aisle. 

Tito is talking with the Ref as the Ref is explaining his decision. The announcement is made that due to outside interference, Tito has been Disqualified. The fans are booing as Tito cant believe it. 

Funk walks over, swings Tito around and pushes him. They have heated words. Tito is telling his side of the story. Funk pauses and looks around. Funk slowly nods and extends his hand to Tito. The fans cheer as Tito shakes it. Funk yanks Tito and hits him with a short arm clothesline! The fans boo as Funk stomps away. Funk hoists Tito up and piledrives him down! Funk is going berserk. Funk goes out and gets a chair then throws it in the ring. Funk hoists Tito up again and piledrives him down on the chair! Garbage hits the ring as Funk storms around like a madman. Funk grabs his title and storms off as he's hit with trash. 

Moments later, the crowd is silent as Tito is stretchered out.  

Winner of the Match by DQ and still TNT Champ- Terry Funk

AWA World Heavyweight Championship Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 

Well this was originally scheduled to be Hulk Hogan defending but Dibiase defeated Hogan and here we are. Obviously Stan Stasiak is not in Jumbo's corner due to Shaw laying him out earlier.

The fans are eager to see the new champ in action. The undefeated Jumbo waits patiently as Dibiase enters the ring. The introductions are made. The Ref holds up the most prestigious title in wrestling as the fans cheer. The bell rings.

Both men show why they're the best in the AWA as they put on a wrestling clinic. These two go at it hard for 30 minutes. Dibiase controls a segment with a spinebuster, gut wrench suplex and vertical suplex then tried to finish Jumbo off with a diving back elbow from the middle ropes but Jumbo survived.

Jumbo has a great segment that started with a big boot to the face off the ropes. Jumbo followed with a bridging release suplex, gutwrench suplex and a double underhook suplex but couldn't put Dibiase away.

Dibiase turns the tide with a quick scoop slam 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase swings Jumbo to the ropes and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase body slams Jumbo, then goes to the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Dibiase picks up Jumbo and swings him to the turnbuckles and charges in but Jumbo runs forward and almost decapitates Dibiase with a lariat! The fans awed at that.

Jumbo slowly gets up and regroups. Jumbo hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee 1..2..Dibiase barley gets his shoulder up. An angry Jumbo chops down on Dibiase's neck. Jumbo picks up Dibiase and executes a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..Dibiase once again barley gets his shoulder up. Jumbo stomps on Dibiase then hoists him up for his powerbomb but Dibiase fights it and back drops Jumbo over. Both men stagger up, then Dibiase nails Jumbo with a cobra clutch slam 1..2..Kick Out.

Both men are down and hurt.

They slowly start to rise. Dibiase punches Jumbo while Jumbo fires back with chops. Jumbo gets the upper hand and chops Dibiase to the corner. Jumbo swings Dibiase to the opposite corner but Dibiase reverses it and swings Jumbo into the turnbuckles. Jumbo hits hard and staggers out, Dibiase hits a quick powerslam 1..2..3! 

Dibiase slowly rolls over as the Ref reaches down and raises his arm. Dibiase slides and sits up against the ropes as the title is handed to him. Dibiase slowly raises it while grimacing in pain. Jumbo is on his knees with his hands on his hips. He looks over at Dibiase and gives him a slight nod then rolls out of the ring. 

Winner of the Match and STILL AWA World Heavyweight Champion- Ted Dibiase

6- Man- STEEL CAGE MATCH 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler/'Superstar' Bill Dundee/Dream Machine

vs.

The Honkytonk Man/'Master G' George Wells/ 'Cool' Carl Fergie w/Jimmy Hart

The fans get a chance to regroup while the cage is being set up. Thundering boos as Jimmy Hart leads his family to the cage. HTM, Wells and Fergie are a little hesitant but enter in. Hart cheers them on through his megaphone. The Liberty Bowl explodes as Lawler, Dundee and Dream Machine come down the aisle. They enter the cage, the Ref slams the door and the fight is on! 

All 6 men are brawling as the fans go nuts! Dream grabs Wells and hurls him over the top rope into the cage! Dundee grabs HTM by his hair and hurls him into the cage! Lawler picks up Fergie and slams him head first into the cage! Fergie is busted open. The Ref gets some order.

Dundee works over HTM with his famous punches then winds up and sends HTM flying with a big right punch. HTM bounces back and tags in Wells. Wells charges in but Dundee back drops him. Wells staggers up and Dundee drops him with a punch then tags in Dream. Dundee and Dream grab Wells and hurl him into the cage. Dream picks up Wells and suplexes him over. Dream hops on the middle ropes and comes down with an elbow drop 1..2..Fergie breaks it. Lawler runs in and hammers away on Fergie. The Ref guides Lawler back. HTM runs in and lowblows Dream. 

Wells staggers to the middle ropes. Dream is hunched over and Wells drops him with a flying shoulder tackle, then tags in HTM. HTM picks up Dream and hurls him headfirst into the cage. HTM body slams Dream, hops on the middle ropes, points at Lawler and crashes down with a fist drop. Fergie is begging for a tag. HTM tags him in. Fergie stomps on Dream then drops several knees. Fergie hops on the middle ropes, points and laughs at Lawler then hits a fist drop 1..2..Lawler yanks Fergie off. The Ref guides Lawler back. HTM and Wells run in and all three men put the boots to Dream as Hart cheers them on. 

Lawler and Dundee storm in with fists flying! Chaos ensues as the Ref lets it go for a bit. Finally order is restored. Fergie doesn't see Dream crawl over and tag in Lawler. Fergie turns around and tries to sprint away but Lawler grabs him and just pummels him down. Lawler swings Fergie into the turnbuckles and pulls down his strap as the fans go crazy! Lawler goes in and hammers away on Fergie's bloody face. 

Wells and HTM hit the ring as do Dundee and Dream. Once again fists are flying! Dream hammers away on Wells then picks him up and suplexes him into the cage. Wells sinks down between the ropes and cage. Dundee grabs HTM by his hair and grinds his face into the cage. HTM is bleeding bad. Lawler punches away on Fergie then grabs him by his hair and hurls him face first into the cage. Fergie bounces back, Lawler hoists him up and slams him down. 

Dundee slams HTM, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop! 

Dream continues to stomp away on Wells.

Lawler goes to the top rope, points over at Jimmy Hart, then hits a flying fist drop on Fergie 1..2..3! 

The fans go absolutely nuts! 

Hart is having a meltdown.

Lawler, Dundee and Dream Machine stand tall in the middle of the cage! 

Winners of the Match- Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee and Dream Machine. 

Brad Armstrong retains in a high action opener to get the crowd pumped up. Great choice for the opener.

Cuban Assassins pick up a nice win over Tio/Tapu. Your tag division is stacked, but with the Ratymus/Cocoa stuff seemingly over, the Cubans may be primed to make a run.

Brito/Charland goes to the time limit in a fund sound match, and I expect we'll see these two again.

Real Deal picks up a huge win over The Bombers, and again in your stacked tag division, every win matters. Vaughn/McGee put themselves one step closer to a potential tag title shot.

Animal Steele arrives in true Steele fasion, and then we get some Ratymus oddness. Interested to see where this is going!

What a brawl between the Jayhawks and the Cowboys! Cowboys pick up the cheap win, but this is far from over!

LOL. Perfect way to get the title off of Tully without damaging Tully, and Idol will have something to brag about forever.

Fabulous Ones retain after the first ever double mask switch-a-roo that I can ever recall! Denny Brown is gonna be public enemy #1 for all of the Mr. Wrestling family! Good shit!!

Good lord, Ayala and Atlas have a brutal war. Ayala wins, and this is either done, or far from done.

The much anticipated war between Decimation and The Road Warriors doesn't disappoint, but what happens after is the big news. Stasiak steps over the line, and gets...decimated. I don't know if Shaw and Colley will end up babyfaces, but man the tag division just got more interesting!

Funk beat Santana by DQ after Tully interferes....then Terry snaps and takes out Tito....could a Funk and a Blanchard work together? Nah.... Terry and Tully....T'N'T.... Nah..... You make me ask questions Spaldoni.....

Dibiase and Jumbo put on a classic! The Champ retains, but would things have been different if Jumbo had his manager? The fallout with Decimation is going to be something here.

Wow, chaos reigns in the big cage match, and Lawler, Dundee, and Dream Machine pick up the win. I've had it in my head for weeks that Dundee was going to turn!

What a show! From top to bottom, every match had been built, every match mean something. Great work man. Awesome stuff!!

Great show here for the people in Memphis.

Tough night for Steve O but I love how his nickname is increasing his role as a heel.

Austin with the quick win.  I wonder if this just means bigger things for Tully.

I enjoyed your undercard and it just goes to the point that you have a stacked Tag Division.  Kansas Jayhawks vs the Cowboys was my favorite match of the early card.

The creativity of the Southern Tag title match made it really fun.  No matter how old Wrestling II, he is a STAR under that mask!

Atlas vs Ayala is a brawl where it doesn't matter who wins and they both would be the worse for wear and fans would watch the rematch any day of the week.

Stasiak made the babyface turn of Decimation easy!  Nice work.

Terry Funk is a STAR and his heel-ness is amazing!  Terry vs Tito has turned into Terry vs Tito vs Tully.... CANT WAIT!  

Now that TNT is focused on the old Memphis territory, it is only a matter of time until Lawler takes over.  The main event may be the beginning!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA