Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

Mid-South Coliseum.... Lawler vs Funk.... as good as it gets in Memphis.... Well then you throw in Dibiase vs Tully..... and now I am not sure which match is the Main Event

The tag division is stacked.  I must say Polynesian Power is one of my favorites but Murdoch and Adonis will be tough to beat in the tournament

I always remember Putski as a babyface but he is an excellent TNT heel and Ratymus and his ability to create chaos could put him over the top but Tito is going to have something to do with that.

Great use of Mr. Wrestling II.  In real life he just went away as a jobber but here he has a major role and I just see him as a great heel manager

Jumbo well be double tough with Anderson at his side.  This gives you so many possibilities at the top of your card.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNT @ The Convention Center, Evansville IN 8-17-84

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg

'Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant defeats Trent Watkins with a Northern Lights Suplex. 

8-Team Tournament for the TNT Tag Team Titles 

1st Round 

Enforcers w/Gene Anderson vs. Gino Brito and ? 

The match started with a bang as Gino Brito came down the aisle with his old friend and partner Tony Parisi! This threw the Enforcers off guard as Brito and Parisi controlled the early portion. Tide turned thanks to a cheap shot from Anderson on the outside. Enforcers doubled teamed Brito for awhile. Parisi had enough and stormed in. Both teams ended up in a wild brawl. During all the confusion, Parisi rolled up Charland for the pin! Gene went crazy on the Ref, telling him Parisi wasn't the legal man but the fans loved it when the Ref didn't change his decision. 

Winners- Gino Brito and Tony Parisi

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis vs. The Real Deal

Vaughn and McGhee frustrate Murdoch and Adonis with quick tags, hip tosses, arm drags and dropkicks. The fans are really rooting for the youngsters. Real Deal are really impressing the fans as they get several near falls on Adonis. The abrupt end comes when Murdoch nails Vaughn with a clothesline to the back of the head from the apron. Vaughn staggers into a DDT from Adonis to get the pin!

Winners- Adonis and Murdoch  

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Continental Cowboys

These teams have been involved in some wild brawls recently and tonight is no different. The match is a back and forth slugfest. A pier six brawl breaks out. Brooks and Jaggers are brawling in the corner. Orton has Dutch on the ropes and goes for a clothesline but Dutch ducks and Orton sails over the top rope. Dutch blasts Brooks from behind. The Jayhawks swing Brooks to the ropes and hit a double back elbow smash. Jaggers follows with a standing jumping leg drop to get the pin! 

Winners- The Kansas Jayhawks

Polynesian Power vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

Bombers get control early as Johnny V distracted Tio and Tapu when the bell rang. Bombers do some impressive team work as they work Tio over. They swing Tio to the ropes and go for a double back drop but Tio kicks Regal and drops an elbow on Roger's head before tagging in Tapu. Polynesian Power take control with slams, chops and hard hits. They hoist Rogers up and double press slam him down. Tapu hits a body splash but Johnny V gets on the apron. The Ref goes over and tells him to get down. While the Ref is distracted, Regal sends Tio through the ropes with a running forearm blast from behind. Regal swings off the ropes and drops a knee on Tapu then drags Rogers on top just as the Ref turns around to make the 3 count. 

Winners- The Blonde Bombers 

Semi-Finals

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis 

Pretty solid match and things stay pretty clean for awhile until Murdoch swings Brito to the corner and Adonis chokes him while Murdoch puts the boots to him. Adonis chokes Brito on the top rope as Murdoch swings off the ropes and hits Brito with a knee to the back. Murdoch tags in Adonis and Adonis clamps on the sleeper! Parisi runs in and blasts Adonis from behind to break the hold. Murdoch runs in and Parisi knocks him back to the corner. Brito staggers up and him and Parisi swing Adonis to the ropes and double back drop him. Murdoch runs over and gets double scooped slam down. As the Ref is guiding Parisi back, Charland and DelleSerra hit the ring and nail Brito with a double clothesline then slide out. The Ref turns around as Adonis gets up and clamps the sleeper on Brito. Charland and DellaSerra yank Parisi off the apron and ram his head on the steel post! Brito's arm falls three times and the Ref signals for the bell.

Winners- Murdoch and Adonis 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

Jayhawks are fired up as they pound the Bombers all around the ring. Johnny V tries to interfere but the Jayhawks are having none of it and knock him off the apron with double fists! Bombers finally take control. Regal vertical suplexes Jaggers then tags in Rogers. Rogers crashes down from the middle ropes with a knee drop 1..2..Dutch breaks it. Bombers continue to work Jaggers over then they swing him to the ropes and go for a double clothesline but Jaggers ducks, swings back and puts them down with a clothesline then jumps over and tags in Dutch. Regal staggers up just as Dutch puts him down with a bulldog 1..2..3! 

Winners- The Kansas Jayhawks 

Kansas Jayhawks will meet Murdoch and Adonis in the finals.

Special Grudge Match

'Mountain' Mike Shaw vs. George 'The Animal' Steele 

These monsters have had numerous altercations on TV and Larry Hennig wants them to settle this in a match. These guys brawl for a few minutes and eventually fight to the outside. They fight all around the ring as the Ref counts to 10. The bell is ringing but they keep fighting. They continue to fight around the ring and up the aisle.

Official ruling- Double C.O. 

Finals for the TNT Tag Team Titles 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis 

The Ref holds up the titles as the fans cheer. The bell rings and it doesn't take long for tempers to flare. Several pier six brawls break out and the Ref is doing his best to keep control. Murdoch hammers away on Dutch then tags in Adonis. They swing Dutch to the ropes and put him down with a double shoulder block. Adonis works over Dutch. Murdoch sticks his boot out and Adonis rams Dutch's head on it then tags in Murdoch. Murdoch grabs the ropes and drops several knees on Dutch then chokes him with his boot. As the Ref is backing him off, Adonis drops an elbow on Dutch's head from the apron. Jaggers runs over and hits Adonis. The Ref backs him to his corner. Murdoch suplexes Dutch then tags in Adonis. Adonis hops on the middle ropes and goes for a forearm drop but Dutch moves! The fans cheer as Dutch rolls over and tags in Jaggers.

Jaggers pounds away on Adonis, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big fist. Murdoch runs in and Jaggers puts him down with a big right punch. Jaggers swings Adonis to the corner and Adonis flips up and back. Jaggers body slams Adonis and drops a knee 1..2..Murdoch breaks it. Dutch runs in and fights Murdoch to the corner. The Ref is trying to break them up. Adonis staggers up and Jaggers puts him down with a Hangman's neckbreaker! Jaggers is covering but the Ref is tied up with Murdoch and Dutch. The Ref is finally guiding Dutch back. Murdoch runs over and nails Jaggers then hoists him up and executes the brainbuster! Murdoch drags Adonis close to the corner and slaps his hands to make a fake tag. The Ref turns around as Murdoch covers 1..2..3! Dutch is a second to late. 

After a moment, Dutch helps Jaggers out. Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis are announced new TNT tag team champions. The fans don't like it but Murdoch and Adonis have a great time gloating and celebrating.

Winners and NEW TNT Tag Team Champions- Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis! 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus 

The fans are on their feet cheering as the Fabs storm the ring and hammer away on the Assassins. They knock the Assassins out of the ring and pump their fists as the crowd goes wild! Ratamyus regroups his men. Fidel runs at Keirn but gets back dropped. Fidel staggers up and Keirn dropkicks him down then tags in Lane. They swing Fidel to the ropes and Lane nails him with a superkick. Lane swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..Angel breaks it. Keirn runs in and levels Angel with a forearm blast. The Fabs swing Fidel to the ropes and double dropkick him. Angel charges and gets double dropkicked out of the ring. Fabs continue to have control as they tag in and out often. Keirn swings off the ropes but Ratamyus trips him. Keirn turns around and goes towards Ratamyus but Fidel sends Keirn through the ropes with a high knee. Fidel is distracting the Ref while Angel leaps off the apron and nails Keirn with a double axehandle.

Lane runs in but the Ref guides him back. Angel slams Keirn's head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Fidel tags in Angel. Angel hops on the middle ropes. Fidel executes a backbreaker and holds him while Angel crashes down with a boot to the head. Angel rakes his boot across Keirn's head. Keirn is bleeding. Angel hoists Keirn up and drops him throat first on the top rope. Keirn snaps back and down. Angel hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee 1..2..Keirn gets his foot on the rope. An angry Angel tags in Fidel. Angel holds Keirn up by his hair as Fidel crashes down from the middle ropes with a fist to the face. The Cuban Assassins hoist Keirn up and drop him with a double rib breaker 1..2..Lane breaks it! 

Lane hammers away on Angel and punches him through the ropes. Ratamyus runs over and puts something in Angel's hand. The Ref guides Lane back. Fidel picks up Keirn and holds him. Angel gets on the apron and throws a powdered substance but Keirn ducks and it goes right in the eyes of Fidel! Fidel holds his eyes and falls back as Keirn somersaults over and tags in Lane. Fidel is up and staggering around holding his eyes. Lane nails him with a superkick 1..2..Angel breaks it. Keirn runs over, grabs Angel by his hair and hurls him over the top rope. Ratamyus gets on the apron and the Fabs send him sailing off with a double forearm blast.

Fidel once again blindly staggers up and the Fabs put him down with a double dropkick 1..2..3!

The fans go crazy!

Winners of the match and still AWA Southern tag team champions- The Fabulous Ones!  

fabs.jpg.c8c7ad79abd9b98113f9b45e08d39aed.jpg

The Labor Day Show is going to be HUGE! The long awaited Lawler vs. Funk title match as well as Tully vs. Dibiase for the World title! I really hope at some point in "our world" we get to see a Tully Blanchard World title reign...it was a missed opportunity in the real world.

Tito vs. Putski is a fun feud, I'm enjoying the Ratamyus led heel Putski here.

I'm so excited to see Adonis/Murdoch win the tournament for the TNT tag titles....I look forward to their eventual clash with the Fabs!

Re-united Brito and Parisi get one over on The Enforcers to open the show, then Murdoch and Adonis take out the good looking youngsters much to the chagrin of the young ladies.

Jayhawks over the Cowboys!!!! YES!!! and the Bombers put away the Samoans.

I had a feeling The Enforcers wouldn't take that loss lightly, as they cost Brito/Parisi, and Murdoch/Adonis are going to the finals!

My boys the Jayhawks put down the Bombers and they are going to the finals!

Jayhawks vs Adonis/Murdoch.. Fuck Yeah!

Steele and Shaw have another fight without a winner. Put these men in a cage!!

Murdoch and Adonis use a distracted referee and some good old fashioned heel tactics to win the belts and put away the Jayhawks.

I can't even be mad! Well put together tournament, great outcome, awesome stuff!

Awesome main event, and glad to see the Fabs retain.

Great Show!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 8-23-84

Show opens with highlights of Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis winning the tag team tournament to become the first TNT tag team champions. 

Lance: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Big show lined up as we will have a 10 man battle royal with the winner receiving a TV title shot against Austin Idol at the big Labor Day event on September 2nd. In another featured bout, Ivan Putski will face one half of the AWA Southern tag team champs, Stan Lane. We've also got a gigantic main event tonight as TNT champ Terry Funk teams with Jumbo Tsuruta to take on Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee. Last week Tsuruta powerbombed Dream Machine on the concrete. Dream Machine will be out of action for a bit. Lawler and Dundee are good friends with Dream Machine and will be out for some payback tonight. We saw Lawler and Funk get into it last week and I'm sure we'll see a lot more of that in the main event. 

Well we now know Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis are the new TNT tag team champs. The champs are in the ring and ready for our opening match. 

murdoch.jpg.debfebb3d99ba31fc5837b1d814eabbd.jpgadonis.jpg.44984636a353e9597a657418e408a2b1.jpg

TNT Tag Team Champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney 

The new champs dominate their opponents. Murdoch tags in Adonis. Murdoch swings Rooney to the ropes and gives him a punch in the mid section as Adonis follows with a DDT for the win! 

Lance: With me now are the new TNT tag team champs. Congratulations to both of you.

Murdoch: We came to TNT to have a good ol time while beating people up. We steamrolled through the tournament and these here titles prove what we already knew.

Adonis: And that is that we're the best tag team in not only TNT but the entire AWA as well. If anybody has a problem with that, then come on down and do something about it.

Commercial Break

'Bruiser' Bob Sweetan vs. Kent Jenkins  

Bob puts a good beating on Kent then swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Bob hoists Jenkins up and executes the piledriver for the win! 

Lance: Bob Sweetan, come on over. I understand you have something to say.

Bob: Lance, I've been in this business a long time. I came to TNT to win some gold. Well so far I've come up short but rest assured I'm not done! There's a title that's right up my ally. I'm talking about the Brass Knuckles title! Nobody is as tough as I am with these fists and I'm issuing a challenge to Hercules Ayala. Ayala, let's have a fight! 

Commercial Break 

AWA Southern Tag Champ Stan Lane w/Steve Keirn vs. 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski w/Ratamyus

Putski attacks at the bell and pounds away on Lane. Putski swings Lane to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Lane leapfrogs over. Putski turns around and Lane superkicks him 1..2..Ratamyus gets in the ring and stomps on Lane. The Ref signals for the DQ. Keirn is in there quick and punches away on Ratamyus. Boos hit as the Cuban Assassins hit the ring and beat down Keirn. Lane gets up but the Assassins double clothesline him down! Putski gets up and joins in. The Assassins swing Lane to the ropes and Putski puts him down with the Polish Hammer! The Assassins swing Keirn to the ropes and Putski puts him down with the Polish Hammer! The fans boo as Ratamyus and his men stand tall over the Fabulous Ones. 

Winner by DQ- Stan Lane 

Commercial Break

Lance: My goodness, the Fabulous Ones were helped out of here after taking quite a beating at the hands of Putski and the Cuban Assassins. This situation seems far from over. Fans, please welcome out the Commissioner of TNT, Larry the Axe Hennig. Larry I know you've got something to say.

Larry: Thank you Lance. As you know I met with Verne Gagne this week and wanted to set some things straight. I didn't like Tully going over my head and I didn't like Verne signing this world title bout before checking with me. Verne and I had a long talk and I believe we're now on the same page. Now, on September 2nd at the big Labor Day event, Ted Dibiase will defend the AWA world title against Tully Blanchard. That match now has a special referee and that referee will be yours truly!

Big Pop that turns to boos when Tully Blanchard storms out.

Tully: Oh what a surprise. Here we go again. Listen Hennig, I don't know what your problem is but I'm telling you right now, you better stay out of my way in that match. If you cost me the AWA World title in any way, so help me, you will pay dearly. That's a promise!  

Larry: Tully, I've told you before, you're a tremendous wrestler and I do believe you can become world champ but your tactics are unbecoming of a champion. You don't need to resort and stoop to those levels. You're better than that. Wrestle the match clean and we wont have any issues whatsoever. 

Tully: (Pauses) You heard what I said. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Ok fans, it's time for the 10 man battle royal. The participants will be Cocoa Samoa, Jerry Grey (W/Johnny Valiant), Carl Fergie, Mr. Wrestling 3 (W/Mr. Wrestling 2), George Wells, Art Crews, DJ Peterson, Killer Brooks, a returning Denny Brown and flying in from Florida, Krusher Kruschev.  

Battle Royal- Winner gets a TV Title Shot 

Of course fists are flying as everybody brawls for the first few minutes. 

Denny Brown is hammering away on Art Crews until Crews rakes his eyes and hurls him over the top rope! 

George Wells and Carl Fergie fight over the top rope and to the back 

Art Crews is punching away on Cocoa Samoa, Cocoa blocks a punch and chops away on Crews then hits him with a jumping headbutt that sends Crews over the top rope.

Jerry Grey has Mr. Wrestling 3 on the ropes, then backs up and charges but Wrestling 3 back drops him over the top rope! 

Cocoa turns around and Kruschev clotheslines him over the top rope! 

On the outside, Grey staggers up and bumps into Mr. Wrestling 2. They have words and Johnny Valiant nails Wrestling 2 from behind. Grey grabs Wrestling 2 and body slams him on the concrete then him and Valiant stomp away. Inside the ring, Mr. Wrestling 3 sees this and hops over the top rope (eliminating himself) to punch away on Valiant and Grey! 

DJ Peterson and Killer Brooks have been brawling. DJ punches away then winds up and punches Brooks over the top rope! 

It's down to DJ Peterson and Krusher Krushev. 

Krushev nails DJ from behind and stomps away, then picks him up, swings him to the ropes and goes for a clothesline but DJ ducks and swings back and clotheslines Krushev down. The fans are roaring for DJ as he pumps his fists. 

Killer Brooks jumps on the apron and is yelling at DJ. The Refs are yelling at Brooks to get down. DJ runs over and blasts Brooks off the apron. Krushev staggers up, charges over and nails DJ with a clothesline from behind that sends him over the top rope! 

Krusher Krushev wins the battle royal! 

kruschev.png.5cc1c7f879e2d701a249e7d4686dd918.png

Commercial Break

Lance: Ok, Krusher Kruschev wins an exciting battle royal and now will face Austin Idol on September 2nd for the TV title. 

Krushev: People wonder why I've adopted the Russian ways. It's because of weak Americans like Austin idol. Idol is nothing but a clown and a disgrace. He represents what is wrong with America. I'm here to send a message. Television needs to be represented by a true athletic specimen. I'm the man to do it! On September 2nd, I'm coming to win that TV title and beat up Austin Idol! 

Lance: Strong words from Krusher Krushev. Let's go to the ring as the TV champ is set for action. 

TV Champ Austin Idol vs. Trent Watkins 

idol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg

The fans are cheering as Idol swings Watkins to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Idol hoists him up and drops him with a shin breaker. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock for the submission win! 

The fans roar as Idol holds up his title with one hand and flexes his other bicep. 

Lance: Austin Idol, come on over. I'm sure you were listening to the words of Krusher Kr...watch out! 

Krushev storms in and nails Idol with a clothesline! 

Krushev picks up the TV title and holds it up while putting his boot on Idol's chest. 

Commercial Break

Lance: My goodness, Idol was blind sighted by Kruschev. I didn't even see that coming. Those two are heading for a showdown on September 2nd at the Mid South Coliseum. Fans, I want to take you to some pre recorded comments from the AWA World Champ Ted Dibiase.

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

Dibiase: On September 2nd, I come back to TNT to defend MY AWA world title. Tully Blanchard is confident, arrogant and has a giant ego but I like that because so do I! But Tully, do you really have what it takes to win this title? I've beaten the best the AWA has to offer. Hulk Hogan! Wahoo McDaniel! Terry Gordy! Masked Superstar! They all have tried and they all have failed. Tully Blanchard you are no different. You will be just another notch in my belt. This title will be with me for a long time to come. Mark my words! 

Lance: Ok, Ted Dibiase seems more than ready for his upcoming title defense against Tully Blanchard. Fans, joining me now is the Brass Knuckles champ Hercules Ayala. You heard the challenge made by Bob Sweetan, do you accept.

Ayala: Nothing to accept because Bob Sweetan will be no challenge! If he wants to fight then I will destroy him! Just watch what I do right now! 

Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala vs. Vic Dutro 

Ayala just manhandles Dutro with punches. He hoists Dutro up and clamps on a bearhug then rams him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! Ayala picks up Dutro by his hair and punches him down. Ayala puts his knee on Dutro's chest, pulls him up by his hair and punches away as the Ref is trying to reason with Ayala. 

Bob Sweetan hits the ring and the fight is on! They have a furious exchange into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Sam and Sean Smith 

Jayhawks show extra aggression tonight. They swing Sean to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Sam runs in but the Jayhawks double back drop him. Jaggers picks up Sean and executes a Hangman's neckbreaker for the win! 

Jayhawks cut a promo and say they're still gunning for Adonis and Murdoch! 

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. Jack Winslow and Stu Jersky 

bnp.png.90f426d482312cd7d7c1adfb887713c6.png

Parisi returned to team with his old friend Brito at the tournament. They defeated the Enforcers in the opening round but the Enforcers interfered and costed them their match with Adonis and Murdoch. Their rivalry with the Enforcers is heating up. 

Brito and Parisi work their opponents over with solid wrestling. Brito body slams Winslow and Parisi follows with the Cannonball to get the win! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well fans this has been a wild show indeed. Whoa here come the Fabulous Ones. 

The Fabs are still reeling from earlier. 

Keirn: We thought we were done with Ratamyus and the Cuban Assassins but I guess not.

Lane: We just got off the phone with somebody else who has issues with Ratamyus and Putski. I'm talking about Tito Santana! 

Keirn: September 2nd, it's the three of us against those three goons. You boys better be ready for a fight! 

Lance: Oh my! I'll tell you what, that Labor Day card is really heating up, Tito Santana will be coming back. After what Putski did to him last week, I know Tito will want revenge. I've also just been informed that added to that card will be Mike Shaw taking on George Steele in a No Disqualification Match! All that and Terry Funk will defend the TNT title against Jerry Lawler. Speaking of that our big main event is next. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event 

TNT Champ Terry Funk and Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson 

vs. 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler and 'Superstar' Bill Dundee 

Funk and Jumbo attack at the bell. Jumbo sends Dundee through the ropes with a big chop. Jumbo and Funk double team Lawler. The Ref manages to get Jumbo to his corner. Dundee staggers to his corner. Funk works over Lawler with chops in the corner. Funk swings Lawler to the opposite corner and charges but Lawler moves as Funk dives into the turnbuckles. Lawler tags in Dundee. Dundee picks up Funk and slams him down then follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Jumbo runs in and breaks it. Lawler runs in and punches Jumbo to the corner. As the Ref is guiding Lawler back, Funk lowblows Dundee then rolls over and tags in Jumbo. 

Jumbo swings Dundee to the ropes and puts him down with a high knee. Gene is on the outside cheering Jumbo on. Jumbo climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Lawler breaks it. Funk runs in but Lawler back drops him. Funk staggers up and Lawler punches him through the ropes. Gene hops up on the apron and is yelling at Lawler. Jumbo gets up and charges towards Lawler. Jumbo is about to nail Lawler with a big boot to the back of his head but Dundee pushes Lawler out of the way and Jumbo nails Dundee! Jumbo covers as Funk reaches in and yanks Lawler out of the ring. The Ref counts 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- Terry Funk and Jumbo Tsuruta 

Funk grabs Lawler and rams him into the steel post, busting him open! 

Gene escorts Jumbo out. 

Funk looks around then picks up Lawler and gives him a Russian Legsweep on the concrete! The fans boo as Funk grabs his title and goes to the podium. 

Funk: I told you all before. This title stays with me by any means necessary! Lawler, I'm begging you, don't show up on September 2nd. If you do I'm going to have to put you down for good.  

funk.png.969ae8dd903d66ba64eac48d5846e467.png

Labor Day Event, Mid South Coliseum 9-2-84

AWA World Title Bout

Special Guest Referee- Larry Hennig 

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Tully Blanchard

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. The Kansas Jayhawks

TV Title Bout

Austin Idol (C) vs. Krusher Kruschev 

Brass Knuckles Title Bout 

Hercules Ayala (C) vs. 'Bruiser' Bob Sweetan 

6-man tag 

AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana vs. The Cuban Assassins and Ivan 'Polish Power' Putski w/Ratamyus

NO DQ 

Mountain Mike Shaw vs. George 'The Animal' Steele 

George Wells vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie 

The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson vs. Gino Brito and Tony Parisi

DJ Peterson vs. Killer Brooks 

I just love when Terry Funk loses it like that and just goes psycho on someone. Especially with Jerry Lawler, that's gonna drive crazy heat for their Mid-South Coliseum showdown.

Some definitively great matchups on that card. Not sleeping on the Brass Knuckles title match because that one gonna be a hardhitter!

Adonis and Murdoch are gonna be a tough hill for anyone to climb. Looking forward to watching people to try.

Sweetan will be a great first challenger for Ayala and the Knucks title.

Get a feeling that this war between the Fabs and the Cubans is gonna get real ugly before it's over.

I can't wait to see what Tully has up his sleeve. You have so many possibilities with Blanchard, I look forward to watching him grow and eventually rule TNT.

Krusher comes in and wins the Battle Royal, then takes out Idol! That's one hell of a start! That match will be one hell of a brawl.

Jayhawks vs Adonis & Murdoch..... Please, and Thank You!

Tito coming back to team with The Fabs against the Ratamyus Pack! That'll be a fight!!

Awesome main event. Surprised to see Dundee save Lawler.

Still love your Funker!

That Labor Day card is STACKED!!

Great Stuff as Always!!

I've always loved the team of Adonis/Murdoch and I'm so excited to see them together here in TNT! Winning the tag titles is a great start of what I'm sure will be a fun run here!

Sweetan vs. Ayala will be a hard hitting affair perfectly suited for the Brass Knucks title.

Loving the angle with Tully and the World title match just got even more interesting with the Axe as the ref!

What a debut for Darsow! Great challenger for Idol on the Labor Day show.

Lawler vs. Funk with the ever volatile Lawler/Dundee relationship figured in is must see tv!

Sorry but I fell a little behind.  I was really rooting for Adonis and Murdoch as a read that tag team tournament and I must say that as I saw the brackets, I never new who was going to win each match.  What depth you have and then we get the Fab Ones vs the Cuban Assassins.  I think either Murdoch/Adonis or the Fab Ones could be the next World Champs.

Lawler vs Funk is slowly building and I can't wait for the real explosion.

Great debut for Kruscher

Tully... Dibiase.... Axe... sometihng has to give here.

Sweetan/Ayala is a Mid-card bloodbath

TNT House Show

The Armory, Fort Worth Ind. 8-25-84

'The Ace' Art Crews and 'Downtown' Denny Brown fought to a 10 minute draw

'Cowboy' Bob Orton defeated George Wells 

Carl Fergie interfered by tripping Wells allowing Orton to catch a staggering Wells and execute a double arm suplex for the pin. 

Kansas Jayhawks defeated The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

Jayhawks put Rogers down with a double clothesline for the pin.

DJ Peterson defeated 'Cool' Carl Fergie

Wells returned the favor and tripped Fergie. Fergie staggered forward and DJ nailed him with a flying shoulder tackle for the win.  

TNT Tag Team Title Bout

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) defeated Polynesian Power

During a pier six brawl, Adonis threw Tapu out of the ring then nailed Tio from behind with a high knee which allowed Murdoch to hoist Tio up and drop him with the brainbuster to get the win. 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee defeated 'Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant

Valiant's interference backfired as he accidentally hit Grey. Dundee body slammed Grey, then hit the Bombs Away for the win. 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout

The Fabulous Ones (C) and Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus battled to a wild double DQ! 

TNT Title Bout

Terry Funk (C) defeated Cocoa Samoa

Cocoa had things going his way and went for a diving headbutt from the top rope but Funk moved then staggered up and executed a piledriver for the pin. 

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 8-30-84

Lance: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT Wrestling here on the USA network. Fans, on Labor Day, TNT comes to the Mid South Coliseum for a big show. Tonight we will hear from TNT champ Terry Funk and his thoughts on his upcoming title defense against Jerry Lawler. We have a big show lined up for you tonight as Polynesian Power takes on Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers. Another big match as DJ Peterson clashes with George the Animal Steele.  

Boos as Tully Blanchard comes out.

Tully: Just stand there and hold the mic Lance. This coming Monday I get what I deserve and that's a AWA World title shot against Ted Dibiase. Leave it to Larry Hennig to ruin my moment. Once again he's trying to hold me back. Listen up Hennig! If you in any way cost me my chance at the title you will pay dearly. I don't care if your the commissioner. I'm the greatest wrestler in the AWA and so it only makes sense that I hold the greatest title in the world. Hennig, stay out of my way! Dibiase, that title comes home with me! 

Lance: Ok, a very determined Tully Blanchard. Let's go to the ring. 

Real Deal vs. Gary Williams and Todd Rooney 

Vaughn and McGhee work their opponents over with hip tosses, drop kicks and back drops. Vaughn hits a missile dropkick on Rooney and McGhee follows with a German Suplex to get the pin! 

Commercial Break

'Cool' Carl Fergie vs. Trent Watkins 

Fergie is all over Watkins as he punches then stomps away. Fergie stomps on the back then lifts Watkins up and hits a backbreaker. Fergie clamps on the Boston Crab and gets the submission win! 

Lance: Impressive win for Carl Fergie. Carl, it's you and George Wells this Monday night. You guys have really been going at it lately. 

Fergie: George Wells is an ungrateful human being. He became a better wrestler just by hanging around me and how does he thank me? By kissing up to all these idiots out here. I need to teach Georgie boy a lesson and this Monday night, I'm going to do just that! 

Commercial Break 

Mr. Wrestling 3 is standing by Lance at the podium. 

Lance: During the battle royal last week, we saw Jerry Grey and Johnny Valiant attack an already injured Mr. Wrestling 2 on the outside. Mr. Wrestling 3 eliminated himself to stop that attack. How's Wrestling 2 doing? 

Wrestling 3: He's at home resting Lance and should be back in a couple weeks. I met with Larry Hennig and the match has been signed. Myself and Jerry Grey will go one on one this Monday night. Grey! Valiant! You made a big mistake and now you're going to pay! Come Monday night you're mine! 

'Mountain' Mike Shaw vs. Vic Dutro 

Shaw simply dominates the match and ends it as he hits a corner splash then powerslams Dutro over for the pin! 

Commercial Break 

Polynesian Power vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

Pretty good match up that goes back and forth. Polynesian Power take control with hard hitting chops and slams. They swing Rogers to the ropes and double back drop him. Regal rushes in and gets double back dropped. Polynesian Power hit a battery ram on Rogers. Tio covers 1..2..Regal dives over and breaks it. Tapu hammers away on Regal. The Ref guides Tapu back. Regal drops a knee on Tio and drags Rogers to the corner and illegally enters the match.

Bombers control the next segment as Regal hits a vertical suplex then swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow drop. Regal tags in Rogers. Regal body slams Tio and Rogers crashes down with a knee from the top rope 1..2..Tapu breaks it. Tapu and Regal fight in the corner. Valiant gets on the apron and distracts the Ref. 

The fans boo as Jerry Grey runs out and climbs to the top rope. Boos turn to cheers as Mr. Wrestling 3 runs out and pushes Grey off the top rope! Rogers is distracted. Tio rolls Rogers up as the Ref turns around 1..2..3!! Huge pop! 

Winners of the Match- Polynesian Power

Commercial Break

Lance: Oh my, Polynesian Power get the win after a wild ending. Lot's of great teams in contention for both the AWA Southern titles and TNT titles. Two of those contending teams will face each other this Monday night as Brito and Parisi take on their current rivals the Enforcers managed by Gene Anderson. Tony Parisi, Gino Brito come on over. I'm sure the winners of that match will be in line for a title match. 

Brito: No doubt about it. When I called Tony up, he didn't hesitate to help me against the Enforcers. We've tasted gold before and we're ready to get through the En….

Cheers as Denny Brown joins them. 

denny.jpg.a703617d736fab6e97fff1f850d55416.jpg

Denny: You know Gino, I took a beating at the hands of the Enforcers because of you. And what did I get in return? You go out and get another partner! I take offense to that and I have an issue with you. 

Parisi: Hold on Denny, it wasn't like that at all...

Denny: Stop just stop! Parisi, this is none of your business. Gino Brito has a debt to pay and him and I will settle this next week in the ring. 

Denny exits as Brito and Parisi look puzzled and disappointed. 

George Wells vs. Ray Turner 

Wells is on fire as he back drops Turner. Turner staggers up as Wells swings off the ropes and puts him down with a sphere to get the pin! 

Wells cuts a promo and says Fergie's the one who's going to learn a lesson when he's looking up at the lights after I put him down! 

Commercial Break

Highlights are shown from last week as Krusher Kruschev won a battle royal to get a TV title shot against Austin Idol this Monday Night. Later, Kruschev clotheslined Idol at the podium. 

Lance: Joining me now is the TV champ, Austin Idol. Austin are you ready for the challenge of Kruschev?

Idol: Lance baby, the Universal Heartthrob is more than ready brother! There's no way that traitor is going to waltz in to TNT and take this title from me. Come Monday night, he's going to find out why I'm holding this title because it takes a lot more than a cheap shot to beat me. 

Idol winks to the camera and flexes his bicep. 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee vs. Stu Jersky

As Idol passes by, Dundee gives him a high five. 

Dundee punches away on Stu then body slams him. Dundee goes to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away for the pin! 

The fans cheer as Dundee heads to the podium. 

Highlights are shown from last week as Dundee pushes Lawler out of the way then takes a big boot from Jumbo Tsuruta that gave Tsuruta and Terry Funk the tag team win. After the match, Funk hit Lawler with a Russian Leg Sweep on the concrete. 

Lance: Well Bill, we all just saw what happened. You seem to have rebounded well. I know the King is resting up for his big title match. 

Bill: Lance, I did what any good partner would do. Jerry and I may not see eye to eye on everything but he knows I have his back and this Monday night, I'll be at the Coliseum keeping a close eye on that TNT title bout. 

Commercial Break 

Cuban Assassins and 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski w/Ratamyus vs. Harold Hillman and Sam and Sean Smith

Pure craziness as the Assassins and Putski just mow their opponents down. Assassins swing Hillman to the ropes and Putski puts him down with the Polish Hammer to get the win! Ratamyus instructs his men to inflict more pain and they obliged. They hurl Hillman out of the ring then put a cruel beating on the Smith brothers. 

The fans go wild as the Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana hit the ring! Pier six brawl as all 6 men just hammer away on each other! Ratamyus gets on the apron but the Fabs swing Fidel into him and Ratamyus goes flying. The fight continues into the commercial.

Commercial Break 

Cocoa Samoa vs. Jeff Cox 

cocoa.jpg.cf39f271d14c977c8a26d291f3f02fbe.jpg

Cocoa swings Jeff to the ropes and puts him down with a big chop. Cocoa swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop. Cocoa hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a diving headbutt for the pin! 

Lance: Great win for Cocoa Samoa. Wait a minute,  here comes Putski.

Putski: Those pretty boys want a fight! A real fight! This Monday night we want them in a tornado match! Let's see if they have the guts for a fight! 

Lance: Wow, a tornado match involving those 6 men! Talk about a fight! Well speaking of a fight, our main event should be just that. 

Commercial Break

DJ Peterson vs. George 'The Animal' Steele

The bell rings and Steele attacks but DJ holds his ground and punches away. These guys fight around the ring. It's not pretty but the fans are into this slugfest. Boos as Killer Brooks hits the ring and attacks DJ. The Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing but Brooks and Steele continue to hammer away on DJ. Cheers as Mike Shaw hits the ring and pounds away on Steele! DJ staggers up but Brooks lowblows him! Shaw and Steele fight through the ropes and brawl around the ring. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Well another wild show comes to an end. I've been informed that the Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana have accepted the tornado rules match against Putski and the Cuban Assassins. Before we go, I want to bring out the TNT champ, Terry Funk. 

Boos as Funk comes out swinging his branding iron while wearing the title around his waist. 

Funk: Lawler! Your time is ticking and I cant wait to beat you down like the dirty dog you are in front of your hometown mutts. You're not tough Lawler, you're a coward who's at home because of me. Please, just stay home. No shame at all. I'm just the better man. 

Labor Day Event, Mid South Coliseum, Memphis TN 9-2-84

AWA World Title Bout 

Special guest referee- Larry 'The Axe' Hennig 

TNT Title Bout 

Terry Funk (C) vs. Jerry 'The King Lawler 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

TV Title Bout 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. Krusher Kruschev 

6-Man Tornado Match

AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana 

vs. 

The Cuban Assassins and 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski w/Ratamyus

NO DQ

'Mountain' Mike Shaw vs. George 'The Animal' Steele

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson

Mr. Wrestling 3 vs. 'The Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant 

Another great week of TNT Television, building to that ridiculously stacked card on Labor Day!

Glad to see Tio and Tapu pick up a nice win this week.

Denny Brown showing a little attitude with Brito and Parisi is unexpected and I look forward to seeing where it leads.

Funk/Lawler is going to be awesome, and I am super excited for Jayhawks vs Murdoch/Adonis.

Oh I can't wait for Labor Day and this show did a nice job a setting up what could be the card of the year.  Not sure what would be better but I know Tully-Dibiase andLawler and Funk are both huge matches.

What I love the best is that it is in the Mid-South Coliseum which is Mecca of Memphis Wrestling and could lead to some crazy fans if all doesn't go well for the King

TNT Labor Day Event, Mid South Coliseum 9-2-84

It's announced that due to the AWA World Champion's bookings and traveling issues, the world title bout will be the final match before intermission. 

Mr. Wrestling 3 vs. 'The Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant 

Mr. Wrestling 2 is still recuperating from his injuries.

The bell rings but Valiant is distracting Wrestling 3 which allows Grey to attack him from behind. Grey punches him down then grabs the top rope and drops several knees. Grey continues to work him over then body slams him, hops up on the middle ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Grey stomps away then hoists him up and sets him on the turnbuckles. Grey hops up and goes for a Superplex but Wrestling 3 punches away then pushes Grey off the ropes. Wrestling 3 regroups then crashes down on Grey with a knee drop 1..2..Valiant puts Grey's foot on the rope. Wrestling 3 suplexes Grey, swings off the ropes and drops a knee 1..2..Grey gets his shoulder up. Wrestling 3 swings off the ropes but Valiant trips him. Wrestling 3 staggers then turns around and runs out after Valiant. Wrestling 3 chases Valiant then grabs him by the shirt. The fans cheer as Wrestling 3 clenches his fist but Grey slides out, grabs Wrestling 3 and slams his head on the apron and hurls him back in the ring. Grey climbs to the top rope and crashes down with an elbow drop 1..(Valiant grabs Wrestling 3's foot) 2..3!

Winner of the Match- Jerry Grey

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson

These teams have had a heated rivalry going and it shows as all 4 start the match brawling! Brito knocks Charland through the ropes as Parisi hits a back drop on DellaSerra that sends him bumping out of the ring. Gene regroups his men while Brito and Parisi are pumping fists in the ring. Brito and Parisi control the early minutes as they work Charland over. Brito slams Charland and Parisi follows with a forearm drop from the middle ropes 1..2..DellaSerra breaks it. Brito punches away on DellaSerra until the Ref guides him back. DellaSerra takes advantage and nails Parisi from behind. Charland rolls over and tags in DellaSerra. DellaSerra hammers away on Parisi, hits a vertical suplex then follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. DellaSerra swings Parisi to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Parisi kicks him, dives over and tags in Brito. Brito pounds away on DellaSerra, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Charland runs in but Brito clotheslines him down. Charland rolls to his corner. Gene runs over and slips a pair of brass knuckles on his fingers. Charland gets up and walks towards Brito but Parisi runs in and drop kicks him in the corner. The Ref guides Parisi back. Brito scoops up DellaSerra but Charland runs over and nails Brito on the back of the head with the brass knuckles. The Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Parisi is a second to late. 

Winners of the Match- The Enforcers

NO DQ 

Mountain Mike Shaw vs. George 'The Animal' Steele 

This has been a wild feud and hopefully this match will settle things once and for all. 

The 2 start brawling on the outside. The fans are cheering as they brawl all around the ring and up the aisle. They have a furious exchange then fight back down the aisle. Steele rakes the eyes then pushes Shaw into the steel post. Steele grabs Shaw's head and slams it on the steel post, busting him open. Steele grabs a cable and chokes Shaw. Steele's eyes are bulging as he chokes away. Shaw frantically reaches up and grabs Steele's head then hits a jaw breaker! Shaw regroups then grabs the cable and chokes away on Steele. Shaw drops the cable, grabs Steele by his head and slams it on a table then repeats this until Steele is busted open. Steele staggers around, Shaw grabs him and powerslams him on the concrete! The fans are going wild. Shaw hurls Steele back in the ring. Shaw swings off the ropes and hits a big splash 1..2..3! The fans roar as a bloody Shaw raises his arm in sweet victory.

Winner of the Match- Mike Shaw 

Shaw exits as Steele is still lying there. A moment later the fans boo as Gene Anderson leads Jumbo Tsuruta down the aisle. They get in the ring. Steele grabs the ropes and tries to pull himself up but Jumbo stomps him back down! Jumbo lifts Steele up, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot! Jumbo grabs Steele and hurls him out of the ring. 

tsuruta.jpg.9a9d9cdf6450a5281113261caca37fbc.jpg

Gene grabs the mic 

"It's a slap in the face and the ultimate act of disrespect that Jumbo Tsuruta isn't wrestling tonight! I'm not going to sit back and let this happen so Jumbo Tsuruta is here tonight and George Steele is in the wrong place at the wrong time." 

Jumbo goes to the outside and shocks the fans as he powerbombs Steele on the concrete! 

Steele is stretchered out. 

This match continues the theme tonight as they have a furious exchange to start the match. DJ gets the upper hand and pounds away on Brooks then swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big right punch! DJ hops down and continues to punch away on Brooks. DJ hops up and crashes down with a standing leg drop 1..2..Brooks barely gets his shoulder up. DJ swings Brooks into the corner and charges in but Brooks moves and DJ hits hard. Brooks regroups and chokes DJ on the ropes then snaps him back. Brooks slams DJ, hops up on the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Brooks continues to work DJ over with punches, slams, choking and stomps but cant put DJ away. Brooks swings DJ to the ropes but DJ swings back and mows Brooks over with a shoulder block. The fans cheer DJ as he shakes his fists. Brooks staggers up and DJ scoop slams him down. DJ climbs to the top rope. Brooks staggers up and DJ nails him with the flying shoulder block 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match- DJ Peterson 

Another match with a lot of bad blood. The bell rings and Fergie tries to attack Wells from behind but Wells catches him and punches him down. Fergie gets up and Wells scoop slams him down. Fergie staggers up and once again Wells scoop slams him down. Fergie rolls out of the ring. Wells goes out after him and pounds away. The Ref is counting as Wells hammers away on Fergie. Wells is giving Fergie the beating of his life. Wells hurls Fergie in the ring just as the Ref hits 10! The fans boo as Fergie is announced the winner by count out. Wells cant believe it. Fergie is dazed. He finds out what happened and staggers up and raises his arms in victory. Fergie smiles but that doesn't last long as Wells nails him from behind, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a Sphere! 

Winner of the Match by C.O.- Carl Fergie 

AWA World Title Bout

Special Referee- Commissioner Larry 'The Axe' Hennig

The fans are ready for this one. The introductions are made and Tully is pointing and warning Hennig. Dibiase holds up his title to Tully and says "You better be worried about me" 

Both men show off some solid chain wrestling during the opening minutes with neither man gaining an advantage. At the 10 minute mark things heat up as Tully rakes Dibiase's eyes and executes a hanging vertical suplex. Hennig warns Tully but Tully ignores him. Tully goes to work. Tully swings Dibiase to the ropes and back drops him. Tully follows with a delayed knee drop then follows with several consecutive elbow drops 1..2..Kick Out. Tully body slams Dibiase then hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Dibiase gets his shoulder up. Tully stands up and gets in Hennig's face while holding up 3 fingers. Tully continues to berate Hennig which allows Dibiase to regroup. Dibiase gets up and grabs Tully then executes a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out.

A shocked Tully staggers up but Dibiase grabs him and hits a back overhead suplex. Tully staggers up and Dibiase scoop slams him down then hops on the middle ropes and crashes back down with a back elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase picks Tully up but Tully clamps on a headlock. Dibiase hoists Tully up and atomic drops him. Tully is wobbling as Dibiase swings off the ropes and puts him down with a flying knee 1..2..Tully gets his foot on the rope. Dibiase reaches down to pick up Tully but Tully grabs his trunks and pulls him over and into the turnbuckles. 

Tully regroups, picks up Dibiase, swings him to the ropes and hits a high knee to the face. Tully swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Dibiase barley gets his shoulder up. Tully is livid and once again berates Hennig. Tully hops on the middle ropes. Dibiase staggers up and Tully puts him down with a double axe handle. Tully picks up Dibiase, swings him to the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Tully grabs Dibiase, hoists him up and hot shots him on the top rope 1..2..3! 

The crowd is in shock. Tully gets up and celebrates. Hennig stands up and taps Tully on the shoulder and points at Dibiase's foot. His foot is on the bottom rope. Tully cant believe it. He yells at Hennig and says "No way! It wasn't there when I pinned him!" Hennig says it was. Tully goes off on Hennig and gets in his face. Hennig is telling him to back off and stay calm. Hennig signals that the match will continue. Tully raises his fist at Hennig. 

Dibiase gets up and nails Tully with a forearm shot to the back. Tully runs into Hennig. Dibiase grabs Tully and hits a Cobra Clutch slam. Hennig drops forward and counts 1..2..3!

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

Winner of the Match and still AWA World Champion- Ted Dibiase 

The bell rings. Hennig raises Dibiase's arm. Dibiase grabs his world title and exits quickly. 

Hennig helps Tully up but Tully pushes him away. Hennig is holding out his arms. Tully points at Hennig then starts to exit. Hennig turns around and Tully nails him with a high knee to the back! The fans are booing. Tully drops several knees on Hennig. Tully hoists Hennig up and hits the Sling Shot Suplex! Tully slides out of the ring and grabs a chair. The fans throw garbage in the ring as Tully stalks Hennig with the chair then swings down and hits Hennig several times with the chair! Tully lays Hennig's leg on the bottom rope, hops up on the middle ropes with the chair then crashes down and nails Hennig's ankle with the chair! 

Security runs in the ring to stop this. Tully throws the chair down and Security needs to escort him out because the fans are in riot mode. 

Intermission 

6-Man Tornado Match 

AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana 

vs.

The Cuban Assassins and Polish Power Ivan Putski w/Ratamyus 

The fans don't get much time to catch their breath as this match starts all over the place! Fabs and Assassins are brawling in the ring while Santana and Putski are fighting on the outside. Ratamyus tries to get involved but Tito drop kicks him into the crowd! It's a back and forth fight in the ring between the Fabs and Assassins while Tito and Putski continue to brawl on the outside. After a non stop 10 minute brawl, The Fabs back drop Fidel out of the ring. Angel staggers up and the Fabs dropkick him through the ropes. Tito rolls Putski in the ring and follows. The Fabs double kick Putski in the mid section, then swing him to the ropes and Tito hits the flying forearm 1..2..3! 

Winners of the Match- The Fabulous Ones and Tito Santana

TV Title Bout

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin  Idol (C) vs. Krusher Kruschev 

Kruschev won a battle royal to get this shot then clotheslined Idol at the podium for good measure. 

The bell rings and Kruschev runs at Idol but Idol back drops him. Kruschev staggers up and Idol punches away then swings him to the corner, hops up on the middle ropes and punches down on Kruschev. Idol jumps down and hip tosses Kruschev then follows with a running neck snap. Kruschev staggers up against the ropes and Idol clotheslines him over the rope! The fans are going wild. The Ref hits the count of 8 as Kruschev gets on the apron. Idol runs over but Krushev rakes the eyes and snaps his head on the top rope. 

Kruschev gets in the ring and stomps away on Idol. Kruschev picks up Idol and hits a backbreaker then hoists him up, runs with him and slams him into the turnbuckles. Idol is hanging upside down as Krushev kicks away. Krushev yanks Idol down, swings him to the ropes and nails him with a clothesline 1..2..Idol gets his shoulder up. Krushev cant believe it then chokes away on Idol. Krushev slams Idol, picks him up, swings him to the ropes and goes for another clothesline but Idol ducks, swings back and clotheslines Krushev down. 

The fans are firing Idol up. Idol swings Krushev to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Idol reaches down but Kruschev gouges the eyes. Krushev swings Idol into the corner and charges in but Idol lifts his knees and nails Krushev. Krushev staggers back and Idol drops him with a running clothesline 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match and still TV champ- Austin Idol 

Both men's hands are taped and they're ready for a fight.

The first few minutes is a slugfest. Sweetan finally gets control and punches Ayala down. Sweetan controls for a bit. He swings Ayala to the ropes and puts him down with a big fist 1..2..Kick Out. Sweetan continues to control the match but cant put Ayala away. The tide turns when Sweetan swings Ayala to the ropes and goes for another big punch but Ayala ducks, swings back and levels Sweetan with a big right punch. Ayala goes to work with several punches eventually busting Sweetan open. Ayala slams Sweetan down and crashes down with a fist to the head. Ayala picks Sweetan up and clamps on a bearhug then rams him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over 1..2..3! 

Winner of the Match and still Brass Knuckles Champ- Hercules Ayala

After Ayala leaves, Killer Brooks walks into the ring and helps Sweetan up. He says something to Sweetan then helps him out of there. 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

Of course with these two teams involved, it's another hard hitting match up. 

Jayhawks control early as they work Murdoch over. They swing him to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow drop 1..2..Adonis breaks it which leads to the first of several pier six brawls. Later, Adonis and Murdoch are in control and hit Dutch with a double suplex but Jaggers breaks the pin attempt and things break loose again. 

At the 20 minute mark both teams end up brawling again. This time the Ref totally looses it and signals for the bell. The bell is ringing but both teams continue to fight for another couple minutes. 

Official ruling- A Double DQ, Adonis and Murdoch remain TNT Tag Champs 

TNT Title Bout 

Terry Funk (C) vs. Jerry 'The King' Lawler 

This is the match the fans of Memphis have been waiting for! During introductions, Funk is pacing around like a madman, swinging his branding iron with the title strapped around his waist. Lawler remains cool as he stares at Funk the entire time. 

The bell rings but Funk is yelling at the fans. Lawler walks over, swings Funk around and unloads! The fans go crazy as Lawler nails Funk with his Memphis style punches. Lawler body slams Funk, swings off the ropes and hits a fist drop 1..2..Kick Out. Funk quickly rolls out of the ring. The fans laugh as Funk staggers up then falls back down. Funk gets up and starts to walk away. Lawler has enough and goes to the outside. He chases down Funk, grabs him and heads back but Funk elbows him and hits a Russian Legsweep on the aisle! 

Funk wobbles around then picks Lawler up and hurls him back in the ring. Funk climbs to the top rope. Lawler barely staggers up and Funk nails him with a double axe handle 1..2..Lawler gets his foot on the rope. An irate Funk works Lawler over with a variety of suplexes and slams. Funk picks up Lawler and rams his head on the turnbuckle several times then clamps on a sleeper! Funk wrenches away but Lawler is fighting it then runs backwards and rams Funk into the turnbuckles. 

Both men are trying to regroup. They both rise, Lawler swings Funk to the ropes and puts him down with a big punch. Lawler fires up and pulls his strap down! The fans roar. Funk rises and Lawler punches away, grabs Funk and vertical suplexes him back. Lawler picks up Funk and spins him around for a big slam but Funk's boot hits the Ref. The Ref goes down. Lawler slams Funk down. Lawler hops on the middle ropes and nails Funk with a perfect fist drop. Lawler covers but the Ref is still down. The fans are losing it. 

Lawler gets up and checks on the Ref. The Ref starts to slowly move around but WHAM! Funk clotheslines Lawler from behind, sending him through the ropes. Funk staggers around then slides outside the ring. The fans boo as Funk pushes the ring announcer off his chair. Funk grabs the chair and slowly heads towards Lawler.

Massive cheers as Superstar Bill Dundee runs out and yanks the chair from Funk. Funk yells at Dundee as Dundee holds up the chair. The Ref slowly stands up. Lawler gets up and nails Funk from behind, then hurls him back in the ring. Lawler slides in but Funk nails him with a knee, then chokes Lawler on the ropes. Funk grabs the ropes and chokes Lawler with his boot. Funk then kicks Lawler out of the ring.

Funk yells at the Ref and points down at Dundee. Funk goes to the outside and yells at Dundee. The Ref hops down and talks with Dundee. While that is happening, Funk grabs his branding iron and heads towards Lawler. Lawler nails Funk with a lowblow! The fans cheer as Lawler grabs the branding iron and hits Funk with it! Dundee tells the Ref he's leaving and heads out.

Lawler hurls Funk back in the ring. Funk is out of it. The Ref gets back in the ring. Lawler hoists Funk up, pauses, then crashes down with the PILEDRIVER 1..2..3!!!!!!!

The crowd explodes! 

Lawler stands up and raises his arms. The Ref gets the title and hands it to Lawler.

Lawler smiles in complete joy as he looks at the title.

Lawler raises the title high in Memphis as the fans are on their feet cheering. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Winner of the Match and NEW TNT Champion- Jerry 'The King' Lawler! 

An action packed card from start to finish!!

Jerry Grey and The Enforcers with some nice heel cheating to pick up a pair of victories in the beginning.

Shaw survives a war and takes down "Animal" Steele, but the real story is Jumbo feeling disrespected and taking out both men, including what I am guessing is the end of Steele in TNT!

My boy DJ Peterson picks up a huge win against Killer Brooks! Love It!!

Fergie gets a bullshit victory over Wells, but Wells gets a little payback.

Dibiase/Blanchard delivers with a beautiful fake out, and Tully snapping on Hennig. The fall out from this should be beautiful!!

Glad to see Tito and The Fabs pick up the win!

Idol with a big title defense against the Russian invader.

Ayala gets the duke over Sweetan, but the aftermath with Brooks and Sweetan holds a potential new tag team combination that would be a lot of fun.

The Jayhawks and Adonic/Murdoch fight to a Double DQ? As long as this is far from over, I am very good with that!!

The reign of The Funker is over!!! BOOOO!!!!!

Lawler gets the win, after some clever help from Dundee. Terry ain't gonna take this shit laying down. I foresee Dundee wanting a title shot for his service as well!!

Awesome Card Dude!

Great card that really delivered from beginning to end!

Nice win for Shaw but Jumbo putting down the Animal will be the scene everyone remembers, Gene Anderson is turning Jumbo into a monster and I love it!

Great win for DJ over Killer Brooks, this should put some eyes on him for title contention.

Fergie is underrated heel...I got to see him wrestle in Columbus, Mississippi a few times back around 1994 and he was so entertaining.

Blanchard/Dibiase had a great match and Tully reacts to that situation exactly the way you think he would and it will be interesting to see how the Axe responds.

Tito and the Fabs are a fun six man combo....glad to see them get the win.

Looking forward to more matches between the Jayhawks and Murdoch/Adonis....quite evenly matched.

All is right in Memphis tonight as the King has the title! It will be fun to see how long the uneasy alliance between frienimies Lawler/Dundee can last and just what Funk will have up his sleeve when he seeks revenge.

Great show that anyone would be amazed at what they got for their money.

Was doing some research on Mike Shaw... I never knew how good he was and you really captured that.

Wasn't really sure how you were going to make Jumbo work when you first picked him but you have done an awesome job with him.

Nice ending to Wells and Fergie.  Fergie is a great heel and you have, as usual, set up a great mid-card feud.

Speaking of Midcard... Tully vs Dibiase... awesome match where the fans would need an intermission after that one.  Great match.... Tully and the Axe can't seem to get along.

Tito gets over Putski here but must say... the Fab Ones are an awesome fit to Memphis

Idol started making the fans happy as we could never let a Russian win on an American Holiday in the 80's

Sweetan made a great opponent for the Brass Knuckles Title but Ayala is the perfect choice

Murdoch/Adonis and the Kansas Jayhawks are two of my favorite teams and I am glad there is more to come.  Was listening to an interview with Mike Graham and he was saying Dutch was not a very good worker... I am surprised... he always seemed to get the crowd involved.

And all is right in Memphis... Lawler is the champ!  but I wonder what is next for both Lawler and Funk and even Dundee

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 9-6-84

A music montage shows highlights from the big Labor Day event. Included is Tully Blanchard's vicious chair attack on commissioner Larry Hennig following the AWA World title match. And of course Jerry Lawler's TNT title victory over Terry Funk! 

Lance: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA network. So much to talk about but first let me run down some of the matches you'll see tonight. George Wells goes one on one with his current rival Carl Fergie. We saw the challenge made last week so you will also see Denny Brown go up against Gino Brito. All that and a whole lot more.

Well let's kick off the show by bringing out the new TNT champion, Jerry 'The King' Lawler! 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg

Massive cheers as Lawler walks out with a crown on his head and the title around his waist. He stops and acknowledges the fans. 

Lance: Congratulations King. You defeated Terry Funk in one hard hitting match. How are you feeling? 

Lawler: Never better Lance! Funk did everything he could to keep me from that match but the King showed up and the King put him down. 

Lance: Indeed you did. Well, we both know the champ never rests and I understand on October 4th at the Louisville Gardens, TNT will present a special Night of Champions card. All AWA world titles will be defended and you will defend the TNT title against an opponent to be named next week. Exciting news. 

Cheers as Superstar Bill Dundee comes out.

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpg

Dundee: Jerry! Jerry! Jerry! Congratulations buddy! 

Dundee offers his hand and Lawler shakes it.

Dundee: Ok buddy, let's go ahead and make it official. At Night of Champions, you and I will go at it for the TNT title! Man, this is going to be great! Just two top competitors wrestling for all the marbles. May the best man win brother! 

Lance: Just a sec Bill. No doubt about it, you're in the running but no official announcement has been made just yet. 

Dundee: Jerry! Tell Lance and all these people that I'm the one who deserves the shot. 

Lawler: Of course you deserve a shot Bill and even if your name doesn't come up for Night of Champions, rest assured you'll get a title shot. You have my word.

Dundee pauses.

Dundee: No, Jerry that just doesn't work. Let me recap. During our tournament match, I had you beat but the Ref was out. During our tag match, I took a boot in the head while sacrificing myself for you. And during your match with Funk, I'm the one who stopped him from using the chair. That's why I deserve the shot at Night of Champions. Now, be a man and make it official.

Lawler: Look Bill, just be patient. It will happen sooner or later.

Dundee ponders this then SLAPS Lawler across the face!

Dundee: Now do you get my point!

Dundee storms off. Lawler is red hot.

Lawler: He's going to regret that. Ok! If Bill wants a shot that bad, he's going to get it! I promise I'll make it happen! Be careful what you wish for Bill.

Lance: Wow! That took a different turn. Oh my. We'll be right back with a big 6 man tag match.  

Commercial Break 

The Blonde Bombers and 'Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant vs. Mr. Wrestling 3 and The Real Deal 

Fun back and forth action packed match to open the show. Things gets crazy as both teams end up in a pier six brawl. Johnny Valiant wraps something up in his towel. The Ref is tied up with Wrestling 3 and Grey, fighting in the corner. Rogers and McGhee brawl to the outside. Vaughn hops up on the middle ropes and punches down on Regal. Valiant hops on the apron with his loaded towel but the fans cheer when Mr. Wrestling 2 runs out and yanks Valiant off the apron! Wrestling 2 hammers away on Valiant! Grey slips out of the ring and goes after Wrestling 2 but Mr. Wrestling 3 chases him and pounds him down. There's just to much chaos and the Ref signals for the bell, calling it a double DQ! 

Real Deal chases off the Blonde Bombers as Grey helps Valiant out of there. Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 head for the podium. 

Wrestling 3: Valiant and Grey, let me make this real simple. Valiant, since you like getting involved so much then let's see you do it face to face. That's right, you and your boy Grey versus me and my manager Mr. Wrestling 2! Right here, next week! 

Wrestling 2: I'm back and I want you Valiant! 

Commercial Break 

TNT owner Jerry Jarrett is standing at the podium with Lance. 

Jarrett: Lance, I know you and the fans don't see me on TV very often but I'm out here to address a very serious situation. Everybody saw what Tully Blanchard did to our commissioner Larry Hennig. Larry suffered a broken ankle and is resting at home. Tully Blanchard has been banned from TV this week and I wanted to suspend him for his despicable actions, however, I talked with Larry and he said not to suspend Tully. He has another solution. So, next week Tully is allowed to return to TV. I don't know what Larry has in mind but I'll trust his judgement as commissioner. Larry, get well soon.  

Lance: Ok, some surprising news from Jerry Jarrett. We'll see what Tully Blanchard has to say for himself next week. Back to the ring. Oh wait a minute here comes Art Crews. 

Crews: Not going to tell you again Lance, I'm the Ace Art Crews. Got it! 

Lance: Yea I got it. Well, while you're out here, it appears your recent win streak has gotten some attention because at Night of Champions, you will get a shot at Austin idol and his TV title. I hope you're ready because Idol's coming off a big win against Krusher Kruschev. 

Crews: Krusher Kruschev is a pretty ok wrestler but he aint no Ace brother. Now, as you know I like to predict the times of my matches. Idol isn't a bad wrestler so it might take me a little longer. I would say no more than 8 minutes to put him away and take his title. As for my opponent tonight, he goes down in under 2 minutes. 

'The Ace' Art Crews vs. Vic Dutro 

Crews makes good on his promise and defeats Dutro with a drop kick from the middle ropes at 1 minute and 23 seconds. 

Commercial Break 

Mountain Mike Shaw is standing at the podium. 

Lance: Mike, you finally took care of George Steele in that bloody No DQ match but did you see what Jumbo Tsuruta did to him after the match? He power bombed him on the concrete for goodness sakes. 

Shaw: Yea I saw that and you know something? I didn't like it! Steele and I have been fighting all over the arenas for the past couple months but we always did it face to face. The man isn't a coward. Jumbo Tsuruta! What you did was the act of a coward, so let's do this! You and me, one on one, face to face! Let's see you try and do that to me.

Lance: Ok, the challenge has been made. What a battle of titans that would be. Back to the ring for the debut of a new tag team. 

The Roughnecks (Killer Brooks and Bob Sweetan) vs. Gary Williams and Stu Jersky 

brooks.png.ba7acd6da2ccf34a1ba2d7ea6d87209f.pngsweetan.jpg.13dce426d6223b51ed8c74024f966276.jpg

Brooks and Sweetan storm the ring and just pound down on their opponents. Pure squash! Sweetan picks up Williams and falls back with a Hot Shot as Brooks (outside on the apron) grabs Williams head and slams it on the top rope. Sweetan covers for the easy pin. The fans boo as they head to the podium. 

Lance: Impressive showing for the Roughnecks. Killer Brooks, at the Labor Day event, you went in and said some words to Sweetan. And now you guys have formed a team. Just what did you say?

Brooks: I just asked him for a moment. He gave me that moment and I told him he didn't need to pander to these idiot fans. I said he lost his killer instinct by listening to these idiots. I didn't get the moniker Killer for nothing. I gave Bob Sweetan his killer instinct back and just wait until TNT sees the destruction we're going to cause! 

Sweetan: That's not a threat. It's a damn promise! 

Commercial Break 

Gino Brito Jr. vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown 

This match stems from when the Enforcers put Denny out of action for a bit. During that time, Brito sought revenge and called his friend Tony Parisi to help. Denny took offense to this and here we are. 

Tony Parisi shakes Gino's hand, nods at Denny, then exits to the back to insure a fair match. 

The first few minutes is back and forth chain wrestling with neither gaining an advantage. Denny gets control and hits a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Denny continues to work Gino over with a variety of suplexes and slams but cant put Brito away. Denny swings Gino into the corner and charges in but Gino sticks his boot up and Denny crashes into it. Gino regroups and takes control with suplexes and slams of his own but cant put Denny away. Gino picks up Denny and swings him to the ropes but the Ref gets caught in between and gets sandwiched in between a collision. Everybody goes down. 

Boos hit as the Enforcers hit the ring. They pick up Denny and double slam him. Then they pick up Brito and execute a double rib breaker! Cheers as Parisi runs into the ring with a chair! Enforcers bail fast. 

After a moment, Parisi helps both men to their feet. Parisi is attending to Brito. Denny shakes the cobwebs and pulls Parisi around. Denny pauses and offers his hand. Parisi shakes it. Denny looks at Brito and offers his hand. Brito shakes it. The 3 men leave together as the fans cheer. 

Official ruling- No Contest 

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, please welcome out the AWA southern tag team champs, the Fabulous Ones. 

The woman scream as Billy Squire's 'Everybody wants some' blasts over the speakers.

Lance: Well boys, it's official. You guys get a shot at the AWA world tag team titles at Night of Champions against the very dangerous Movement, Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr.

Lane: They pulled off the upset of the year by beating the Road Warriors, so we're not taking them lightly. However, without the numbers game, I don't think they stand a chance against the Fabulous Ones!

Keirn: That's right! They're coming into our backyard with the world titles but Stan and myself are leaving with them!

Lance: Ok, that should be a dandy of a match. Right now, let's go to some pre recorded comments from the AWA Light Heavyweight champ Brad Armstrong. 

Armstrong: I'm so proud to represent the AWA as a champion. I promised to be a fighting champ and brother that's what I've been. I'm coming back to TNT to defend this prestigious title on October 4th. With permission from the AWA, I would like to issue an open challenge. That's right, anybody in TNT can challenge me for this title. I'm looking forward to it! 

Lance: Alright, we'll see who takes on that challenge. 

Boos as Johnny Valiant and Goldie Rogers strut out. 

Valiant: I'm here for 2 reasons. One, without hesitation, The Golden Boy and I accept the so called challenge of those masked freaks. The other, my man Goldie Rogers accepts Bradly's challenge for Night of Champions. 

goldie.jpg.de2b3237bf2c457a4122c4ab14451ef8.jpg

Rogers: Listen up Jack! Goldie wants some gold! Since young Bradly shot off his mouth well I'm going to shut it and take his title! That's a fact! 

Lance: Well it didn't take long but Goldie Rogers has answered the challenge of Brad Armstrong. And next week we'll see Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 take on Jerry Grey and Johnny Valiant. Boy oh boy. We'll be back for our main event followed by another big announcement. 

Commercial Break 

The bell rings and fists are flying! These guys brawl all over the ring then take the fight to the outside. They fight all around the ring then back in the ring. As Wells slides back in the ring, Fergie nails him with a knee. Wells is lying on the apron and Fergie baseball slides him off the apron. Wells staggers on the apron at the Ref's count of 8. Fergie rakes his eyes and suplexes him back in the ring. Fergie stomps away, grabs the top rope and chokes Wells with his boot then rakes his boot across Well's face. Fergie body slams Wells, hops up on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Wells gets his shoulder up. Fergie berates the Ref. Fergie chokes away on Wells then hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out! Fergie is irate. Fergie goes for a suplex but Wells blocks it and the fans roar as Wells suplexes Fergie. 

The fans cheer as Wells regroups and pumps his fists. They both stagger up. Fergie throws a punch but Wells blocks it and unloads! Wells punches away, swings Fergie to the ropes and back drops him. Fergie staggers up and Wells clotheslines him down. Wells backs up in the corner. Fergie staggers up and Wells nails him with the running tackle 1..2..3!!! 

Huge POP! 

Wells raises his arms in sweet victory. 

wells.jpg.d20cce11fdd9ab28b968e62f7f8b9638.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: What a great match as George Wells gets a most satisfying victory. Hold on, here comes Bill Dundee.

Dundee: It's all set Lance! I get my shot at Night of Champions! You and all these people and especially my good friend Jerry Lawler knows I deserve this. I'm so happy right now baby! 

Dundee exits.

Lance: Well there you have it. I don't think this is fun and games to Jerry Lawler. Should be an interesting match come October 4th. Well fans before we go, I have one final announcement regarding Night of Champions. On that night, Ted Dibiase will defend the AWA World title against TNT's Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala! We will hear from both men next week. Night of Champions is shaping up to be an historic evening. We'll see you next week. 

TNT Night of Champions, Louisville Gardens 10-4-84

AWA World Title Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala

TNT Title Bout

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. Superstar Bill Dundee

AWA World Tag Title Bout 

The Movement (C) vs. AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones 

TNT TV Title Bout 

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. 'The Ace' Art Crews

AWA Light heavyweight Title Bout

Brad Armstrong (C) vs. Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant 

TNT Tag Title Bout

Well, I didn't figure it would take too long for Dundee and Lawler's best buddy act to fall apart once one of them got some gold!!

Oh, I do love a good wrestler teaming with manager tag team match!

Yes! "Ace" is back and predicting his match times! I don't know a whole lot about Art Crews, but I love this gimmick!

Also liking the Roughnecks. Brooks is a guilty pleasure of mine, and Sweetan just looks like a perfect fit as a partner for him!

Fabulous Ones against The Movement! I think we may have found the next champions!! That'll be a great match!

Glad to see George Wells pick up the win against Fergie. I am still glad that I traded Wells to you way back when. You have gotten so much more out of him than I ever would have.

Damn, Night of Champions is already looking STACKED with half a card.

Great Show!

Slap...And we are off.... Dundee vs Lawler in the making!

Axe has something special planned for Tully and I can't wait.

Can Crews step up in competition with Idol????

Love the Roughnecks

I am all for the Fab Ones winning the World Titles!

Rooting for Wells to continue to stay on top

Can't wait for Night of Champions

Bill Dundee sure figured out how to get himself a title shot!

Good for Denny Brown to have found himself some backup in Gino Brito & Tony Parisi. Never can have too much backup. After all, he is the Contender's Crownholder and never it's been specified that it is attached to Atlantic Coast so.... 

Man...this Dundee/Lawler drama really takes me back to my childhood....you're capturing their dynamic well as Dundee/Lawler could believably go from friends to foes and back again in the course of a single promo and never have you doubt a minute of it! I look forward to seeing where this goes!

I like the Roughnecks tag team, I look forward to an eventual clash with the Fabs at some point! They are the kind of gritty brawling team the Fabs excel against...though I'm also excited to see the Fabs challenge the Movement coming up as well!

Like I always say, you roll out of one big card and in the course of one television you've already got me looking forward to the next one! Night of Champions will be a great one!

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA