Pro Wrestling Only

USWA

spaldoni

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 9-13-84

TN.jpg.2e36f543dc293d122df550faa084a3e9.jpg

Lance Russell: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Big matches set for tonight as Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 will face Jerry Grey and his manager, Johnny Valiant. Big and I do mean big main event as Jumbo Tsuruta clashes with Mike Shaw. We have some disturbing footage to show you from a house show at the Armory in Evansville Indiana. More on that later. Also, we'll be hearing from TNT champ Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, and pre recorded comments from AWA world champ Ted Dibiase. Right now I want to bring out Tully Blanchard. 

Massive boos as Tully struts out in a suit and sunglasses.

Lance: Tully, lets once again take a look at what went down on Labor Day.

Footage is shown of Tully viciously attacking the commissioner Larry Hennig with a chair and eventually breaks his ankle.

Lance: I cant believe you're smiling. Come on. You should be counting your blessings that you're even here and not serving a suspension.

Tully: I'm not serving a suspension because deep down inside, that joke of a commissioner knows I was in the right. He makes some empty threat last week about him settling this his way. Do I look scared? Hennig has disrespected me from day one and that fat has been got exactly what he deserved! Now, onto bigger, better and more important thing....

The fans explode as Curt Hennig runs out and nails Tully!!!! Tully's sunglasses fly off as he falls forward. Tully tries to get up and run away but Curt grabs him by his suit and rips his jacket off, then rips Tully's shirt off! Curt punches away on Tully until officials come out to stop him. Tully runs away. Curt sees Tully's sunglasses on the ground and stomps on them. The fans are cheering as Curt goes to the podium.

hennig.jpg.3445f0af1c06e9a61e1515bd69b8465f.jpg

Curt: I'm here in TNT for one reason and that's to take Tully Blanchard down! My Dad is at home with a broken ankle and it's because of that gutless coward Tully Blanchard. On October 4th at Night of Champions, the commissioner has made the match official. Me and Tully one on one!

Big Pop!   

Commercial Break

TV Champ 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. Trent Watkins 

The fans cheer as Idol hoists Trent up and hits a shin breaker. Idol clamps on the Las Vegas Leglock and it's all over! 

Lance: TV champ Austin Idol, come on over. You heard the comments from Art Crews last week and you two will meet at Night of Champions. 

Idol: Lance, I heard him and brother I've got to say, that boy is way out of his league. He likes to call the times of his matches but baby I'm saying it right now, he wont last 5 minutes with the Universal Heartthrob! 

Idol holds up his title and winks at the camera. 

Commercial Break

Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala vs. Gary Williams

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Ayala just squashes his opponent with hard hits and punches. Ayala executes a backbreaker then picks up Williams and clamps on a bear hug, slams him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over for the pin! 

Lance: Ayala, come on over. October 4th at Night of Champions, you get an AWA world title match with Ted Dibiase. 

Ayala: I'm am indestructible! Nobody can defeat me! Ted Dibiase! I will knock you out and take the world title! It belongs to me! 

Ayala exits

Lance: Ok, Hercules Ayala just might do it. Now let's here some pre recorded comments from the AWA world champ. 

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

Dibiase: Night of Champions, I come back to TNT and this time it's Hercules Ayala. He's big, he's powerful and he's menacing. Let me tell you something Ayala, I've been known to knock a few guys out myself. 

Dibiase holds up his black gloved fist. 

Commercial Break

Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3 vs. 'The Golden Boy' Jerry Grey and Johnny Valiant

Mr. Wrestling 3 works over Grey as Valiant doesn't want to get in there. Grey rakes the eyes and body slams Wrestling 3. Now, Valiant wants in. Valiant works in several cheap shots but tags out when Wrestling 3 makes a comeback. Grey swings Wrestling 3 to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Wrestling 3 kicks him. Both men stagger back and make tags. Valiant stops in his tracks and back peddles but Wrestling 2 grabs him and just pounds away then hip tosses him over. Valiant staggers up. Grey runs in but Wrestling 3 clotheslines him down. Wrestling 2 hits the million dollar knee lift on Valiant 1..2..3! 

Huge Pop! 

Commercial Break

Lance: With me now is Mr. Wrestling 2 and 3. Gentleman, that must of been one satisfying win. 

Wrestling 2: It was indeed Lance. Now that that's over, I want to go back to managing. I told everybody that Jessie Barr was the one to wear the mask and carry on the tradition. Now I want to focus on giving him all the knowledge I have. With that and his wrestling skills, I have no doubt he'll be wearing gold in the near future. 

Wrestling 3: All I can say is, I sure as hell wont let you down! 

'Downtown' Denny Brown vs. Vic Dutro 

Brown works over Dutro with hip tosses, dropkicks and suplexes before pinning him with an Oklahoma Roll. Brown pumps his fists to the fans and heads to the podium. 

Lance: Good win tonight Denny. I want to address something that happened down in Florida recently. You won a contender's match for a title shot. I know you have something to say in regards to that. 

Denny: Yes I do but first I want to apologize to Gino Brito and Tony Parisi. After what happened last week, we talked things over and worked everything out. I know they have something in store for the Enforcers and that situation will soon be resolved. In regards to what happened in Florida. I did win a contender's match and I was informed that the title shot can be for any title in the AWA. That's great news for me and I'll make an announcement soon as to which title I'm going for. Stay tuned Lance. 

Commercial Break

Kansas Jayhawks vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Dutch swings Sam to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline then tags in Jaggers. Jaggers hits the Hangman's Neckbreaker for the pin! 

Boos as Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis hit the ring and the brawl is on! Both teams fight in the ring and it eventually goes to the outside. They fight into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Oh my, what a fight! Those two teams will meet at Night of Champions for the TNT tag titles. Should be quite a fight. Speaking of tag team titles. Next week, here on TV, the AWA tag team champions, The Movement Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr. will be in action as they get ready to defend those titles against the Fabulous Ones at Night of Champions. 

Well, I mentioned at the top of the program I have some disturbing footage to show you. This went down earlier this week at the Armory in Evansville Indiana. Viewer discretion is strongly advised.

Cocoa Samoa and Polynesian Power (Tio and Tapu) vs. 'Polish Power' Ivan Putski and The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus

After a wild match, another pier six brawl breaks out. Cocoa hits a flying body press on Putski to get the pin! The fighting doesn't stop as the Cuban Assassins put Cocoa down with a double clothesline, then hurl him out of the ring. Ratamyus picks up Cocoa and rams him into the steel post, busting him open. 

Putski and The Assassins put a beating on Polynesian Power. Ratamyus throws a chair into the ring. Assassins hold up Tio and Putski puts him down with a Polish Hammer! They hold up Tapu and Putski puts him down with a Polish Hammer! Putski places the chair. The Assassins pick up Tio and execute a spike piledriver on the chair! They pick up Tapu and spike piledrive him on the chair! Garbage flies in the ring. Cocoa barley is able to make it in the ring. Putski grabs the chair and whacks Cocoa over the head with it! Cocoa, Tio and Tapu are out and bleeding bad. All three men are stretchered out. 

Lance: That was just horrific. I don't want them out here but here they are.

Massive boos as Ratamyus comes out with Putski and The Cuban Assassins. 

Lance: Why in the world would you monsters do that? Ratamyus, obviously there's still bad blood with Cocoa as he's the one who put you into retirement. 

ratamyus.jpg.4e60c95812849740e18f1bb5fd1f896a.jpg

Ratamyus: The only blood was that of Samoa and his island boys! Good things come to those that wait. Well, I waited and waited and finally got my revenge! (maniacal laugh) Nothing can stop us! Nothing! 

Lance: Very disturbing. I have some pre recorded comments from Cocoa Samoa, from his hospital room. 

Cocoa: (Bandages around his head, lying in a bed) Ratamyus! I thought our war was over but now you have crossed the line! My brothers Tio and Tapu might not ever wrestle again. Ratamyus! This isn't over! I have more brothers and they want to help. On October 4th, they will stand by my side and fight with me. Get ready for a fight like you've never in all your lives have endured! 

Commercial Break

DJ Peterson vs. William Hillman

The fans are on their feet cheering as DJ over powers Hillman and slams him down hard. DJ climbs up on the top ropes. Hillman staggers up and DJ nails him with a flying shoulder tackle for the pin! The fans cheer as DJ holds up a fist. DJ heads to the podium. 

Lance: Great win tonight. DJ, these fans have really gotten behind you and you have racked up some impressive wins. 

DJ: Thank you Lance, winning is the name of the game and....

There's a commotion from the crowd.

Lance: Wait a second, Gorgeous Gary Young, what are you doing here?

young.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

Young: I just arrived in TNT and you're looking at the hottest commodity in wrestling. I want to know why you're talking to this chump when I'm here?

DJ: Don't over step your bounds my friend.

Young: Whoa, relax buddy. I'll tell you what, everybody is talking about Night of Champions. Why don't we have a match so I can showcase my talents. I would be satisfied with a debut victory over you. I mean you're not the greatest wrestler in the world but you'll suffice.

DJ: You want me in the ring? Well you don't have to ask twice. See you on October 4th Gawky oh sorry I mean Gorgeous.  

Lance: (Smiling) Ok another match set for Night of Champions. Our big main event when we come back. 

Commercial Break 

TV Main Event

Mountain Mike Shaw vs. Jumbo Tsuruta w/Gene Anderson

The bell rings and these two go toe to toe. Shaw starts to win the exchange, swings Jumbo to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow drop. Jumbo staggers up and Shaw scoop slams him down. Shaw hits a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Shaw continues to work over Jumbo then swings him into the turnbuckles and charges in but Jumbo nails him with a big boot. Shaw goes down and Jumbo regroups. 

Jumbo throws Shaw into the corner and chops away then hip tosses him over and follows with a knee strike to the back of Shaw's head. Jumbo swings off the ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Shaw barely gets his shoulder up. Gene berates the Ref while a frustrated Jumbo stomps away then chokes Shaw with his boot. Jumbo swings Shaw to the ropes but Shaw comes back and mows him over with a shoulder block. Shaw regroups. 

Shaw swings Jumbo to the corner and charges in with a big splash! Shaw grabs Jumbo and goes to hip toss him over but the Ref gets caught in between and Shaw throws Jumbo into the Ref. The Ref is down. Gene pulls out a pair of brass knuckles, gets in the ring and nails Shaw on the back of his head! Shaw goes down. Gene helps the Ref up then exits the ring. Jumbo slowly climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..3! 

Boos as Gene runs in and raises Jumbo's arm. Jumbo gives Shaw a couple more stomps before leaving. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Well, thanks to Gene Anderson, Jumbo Tsuruta gets the win. Ok,  please welcome out the TNT champion Jerry The King Lawler! 

Massive cheers as Lawler walks out with the TNT strap on his shoulder. 

Lance: At Night of Champions, Jerry you'll be defending that title against Superstar Bill Dundee. 

Mixed reaction as Bill Dundee comes out.

Lance: Bill, I don't want any trouble out here.

Bill: Lance, I'm not out here to cause trouble. 

Jerry: Watch yourself Bill, I haven't forgotten about that slap.

Bill: Jerry, I want to apologize for that. From the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. I got carried away and that was out of line. I'm out here to shake your hand and say may the best man win at Night of Champions. 

Bill extends his hand. Some fans yell "NO" and Bill gives them a funny look. 

Jerry: You were out of line and you shouldn't of done that. I'll shake your hand for sportsmanship but I want to assure you, I'm walking in with the title and I'm walking out with this title.

They shake hands and grip a little longer than necessary as the show ends.  

TNT Night of Champions 10-4-84

AWA World Title Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala

AWA World Tag Title Bout

The Movement (C) vs. AWA Southern Tag Champs The Fabulous Ones

TNT Title Bout

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. Superstar Bill Dundee

AWA Light Heavyweight Title Bout

Brad Armstrong (C) vs. Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant 

TNT TV Title Bout

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. The 'Ace' Art Crews 

TNT Tag Title Bout

Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis (C) vs. The Kansas Jayhawks

Grudge Match

Tully Blanchard vs. Curt Hennig

6-man Tag

Cocoa Samoa and 2 mystery partners vs. Ivan Putski and The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus

DJ Peterson vs. Gorgeous Gary Young  

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And Tully vs Curt is underway... can't wait for more!

Idol is a great tv champ as his promo skills were awesome!  

Murdoch/Adonis vs The Kansas Jayhawks just seems like the type of feud that would sell tickets for ever as you know you are always in for a wild show.

Putski and the Assassins do a number of the Polynesian Power.  I wonder if there is revenge in the future or if Putski and his partners are moving up the ladder?  Either one is awesome

Jumbo is doing a nice job of getting extra heat as Gene Anderson is doing some real dirty work in his new role as manager!  Shaw is a big man to get angry...  we will have to wait and see.

Looking forward to the TNT Night of Champions

Awesome, awesome way to debut Curt! Looking forward to the brawl with Blanchard!!

I kinda hope that Austin Idol is underestimating Art Crews! I know he probably isn't, but one can hope!!

Ayala is a freaking bruiser, but Dibiase is smart. I'll take brains over brawn any day of the week.

Hoping to see more of a push for Wrestling 3 with 2 as his manager. I think you have some cool possibilities here.

Interested to see what Denny Brown does with his title shot. So many possibilities!!

Jayhawks vs Adonis/Murdoch..... Oh Spaldoni, you know the way to a man's heart!!

Good Lord! Poor Tio and Tapu! I think they've been beaten up in half the leagues in this thing, but nothing like that!! I hope Cocoa's friends are ready for a fight!

Oh man, DJ Peterson vs Gary Young! Two of my favorite 80's dudes going at it! Nice!!

I am liking the Mike Shaw push quite a bit. Even in the loss, the fact that Tsuruta who has been pushed as a monster, needed help in beating him, makes Shaw look great. Well Done in getting everyone involved over.

Oh my, Lawler and Dundee is going to be some mixture of a war, a blood bath, and a clusterfuck, and I can't wait!!!

I was hoping this was where the Tully vs. The Axe heat was going and it's been executed to perfection (pun intended) Curt has arrived fired up and ready to pay Tully back on behalf of his father....this will be a fun feud and a great match at Night of Champions!

Brutal assault by Ratamyus and company! It will be interesting to see of Cocoa can come back from this!

Classic Lawler/Dundee here.....the original "frienemies" in wrestling!

TNT Wrestling @ The Municipal Auditorium Nashville TN 9-15-84

The Real Deal vs. The Roughnecks 

Vaughn and McGhee use their quickness and high octane offense to throw Brooks and Sweetan off their game for a bit but age and treachery come into play and the match ends when The Roughnecks nail Vaughn with a double clothesline to get the pin.  

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 vs. 'The Golden Boy' Jerry Grey w/Johnny Valiant

These two have been involved in quite the rivalry with both managers even getting involved. Tonight is no different. Good back and forth match. The finish gets wild as Valiant and Mr. Wrestling 2 start fighting on the outside and Mr. Wrestling 2 back drops Valiant on the concrete. Inside the ring, Grey swings Mr. Wrestling 3 into the corner and charges in but Wrestling 3 moves. Grey hits hard and falls back. He staggers up and Mr. Wrestling 3 nails him with the Million Dollar knee lift to get the pin! 

Curt Hennig vs. 'Mr. Electricity' Steve Regal 

Johnny Valiant is in the back recuperating so Regal is on his own. Hennig recently arrived in TNT and is gunning for Tully Blanchard. Fun fast paced match. Regal is looking pretty sharp tonight and pulls out some nice suplexes. Hennig comes back with fire as he nails Regal with a beautiful high dropkick, then follows with a Northern Lights Suplex for the pin!  

TNT Tag Team Title Bout

These two teams will battle at Night of Champions but they have been having wild brawls around the loop. Tonight is more of the same as they fight to a double DQ! Even after the bell rings everybody keeps fighting. 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie

Dundee is gearing up for his TNT title shot with Lawler at Night of Champions. Tonight he takes on his rival from earlier this summer. Fergie controls a good portion with a variety of rule breaking tactics.  Dundee comes back and bends some rules himself before slamming Fergie down and finishing him off with the Bombs Away! 

AWA Southern Tag Team Title Bout 

The Fabulous Ones (C) vs. The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson

Gene has his men pumped up tonight as they really take it to the Fabs. Enforcers almost win it when Charland hit an inverted atomic drop on Keirn and DellaSerra followed with a running double axehandle to the head but Lane made the save. Keirn eventually made the hot tag to Lane but the Enforcers took control and worked over Lane for awhile. In the end a pier six brawl breaks out. The Fabs double dropkick DellaSerra out of the ring, Lane hits a superkick on Charland that sends him into a back suplex by Keirn for the win! Enforcers looked strong tonight but the Fabs retain. 

TNT Title Bout

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. Ivan 'Polish Power' Putski w/Ratamyus

Oh man Putski and Ratamyus get massive heat tonight due to their recent horrific attack on Cocoa Samoa and Polynesian Power. The boos turn to a thundering roar when Lawler comes out. 

Lawler starts strong and flusters Putski. Tide changes when Ratamyus trips Lawler and he stumbles into a big forearm blast by Putski. Putski uses his power to work Lawler over. Putski uses slams, clotheslines, angry stomps and knee drops along with constant interference from Ratamyus but he cant put the King away. Lawler makes a comeback as he takes his strap down and punches away. Lawler hops on the middle ropes but Ratamyus grabs his foot. Lawler kicks him off but this gives Putski enough time to run over and slam him off the ropes. Putski swings Lawler into the corner and distracts the Ref while Ratamyus hops on the apron and chokes Lawler. Putski walks over but Lawler kicks him and fires away on Ratamyus. Lawler grabs the heads of Putski and Ratamyus and knocks them together. Ratamyus falls from the apron as Putski staggers back. Lawler scoop slams Putski, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a fist drop 1..2..3! 

The fans roar as Lawler holds up the TNT title. Ratamyus and Putski exit. Lawler continues to celebrate. Bill Dundee walks out and stares up at Lawler as Lawler stares back and holds up the title.

When I saw the name Ratymus, I thought anything could happen.  I know Lawler is getting ready for Dundee but I thought it could be from a hospital name.  You have developed that guy, even as just a sidekick tonight with Putski, that I was afraid for Lawler.

Nice way to keep the stars for night of champions hot as Lawler, Dundee, and the Fab Ones get wins while Adonis/Murdoch vs the Kansas Jayhawks just continue their brawling ways

I don't recall Ivan Putski ever working heel in real life, unless it was very early in his career, but I love that you went with it... Between his natural ego on camera and the stories you hear about how crappy he treated fans and people people in general in real life, I think this works great for Putski... 

Some really great matches on this card too... Fabs vs. Enforcers, Murdoch & Adonis vs. Jayhawks, and my personal favorite Hennig vs. Regal....

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 9-20-84

Lance Russell: Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA network. Big matches tonight as Mike Shaw has challenged Jumbo Tsuruta to a rematch from last week. Couple of big tag matches as Gino Brito and Tony Parisi take on their rivals The Enforcers. Also the Real Deal take on Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers. The AWA world tag team champs, Shaska Whatley and Tiger Conway Jr., the Movement will be in action. And Bill Dundee clashes with Killer Brooks. Night of Champions is only 2 weeks away and we'll be talking a lot about that tonight. Last week we saw Curt Hennig arrive in TNT and is motives are well known as he's coming after Tully Blanchard. Let's go to the ring as Curt Hennig is set for action. 

Curt Hennig vs. Trent Watkins 

Curt looks sharp tonight as he works Trent over with several hip tosses and arm drags. Curt swings Trent to the ropes and hits a beautiful high dropkick. Curt quickly follows with a Northern Lights Suplex for the pin! Curt points to the camera "You're next Blanchard!" 

Commercial Break

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Movement vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Whatley and Conway draw heat as they yell and gloat during the entire match while beating down the Smith brothers. The end comes when they double suplex Sam and Whatley hits a diving headbutt for the win! 

The fans boo as The Movement grab their titles and hold them high while telling the fans how good they are. 

tones.jpg.fddd1bd02bc46ab15b9285b6af90d46e.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: before we get to our next match, I wanted to get a word in with George Wells. George, you've been on a roll of late and the fans want to know what's next for you.

George: First off I want to thank these fans for forgiving my past transgressions and getting behind me. I want....

Boos as The Movement comes out.

Conway: Glory Glory, the Movement has arrived to TNT! Come Night of Champions, we gonna whip up on those Fabulous Ones and show TNT just why we the ones holding up these here titles. 

Whatley: Fabulous Ones! You boys think you're real cool and pretty and you boys might think you're something special by being the AWA Southern tag champs but you nothing but boys. The Movement is what's happening in the AWA.

Conway: Which brings me to my next point and that's you George Wells. As you know, the Movement is taking over the AWA and brother we want you in. We want you to represent the Movement in TNT. Show him Shaska.

Shaska pulls out a briefcase, opens it up revealing money. 

Conway: Just consider this a down payment. Brother, there's plenty more where that came from. Join us and you'll be taken care of. 

Wells looks at the money and takes a moment. 

Wells: I thank you but I must respectfully decline. I tried joining a group and took the shortcut but I soon found out it went against everything I believed in. From now on it's all about hard work and earning my way. These fans forgave me and I'm in a better place now.

Conway: Better place? Man, you nothing but a puppet and you're to stupid to realize it!

Wells: Hold on one second! You better watch who you're talking to!

WHAM! Whatley nails Wells from behind with the briefcase! The Movement put the boots to Wells!

The fans cheer as the Fabulous Ones storm out and hammer away on Conway and Whatley! The Movement run out of there. The Fabs help Wells up and take him to the back.

fabs.jpg.c8c7ad79abd9b98113f9b45e08d39aed.jpg

Commercial Break  

Goldie Rogers w/Johnny Valiant vs. Vic Dutro 

Rogers tunes up for his big AWA Light heavyweight title match with Armstrong on Oct. 4th. Rogers slams Dutro down, hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a double stomp to the chest. Rogers swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop for the pin! The fans boo as Valiant leads Rogers to the podium. 

Lance: Johnny, I understand you have made some adjustments with your men. 

Valiant: Lance, you know what makes me the greatest manager in the AWA? I'm always looking for ways to improve. I have revamped things. My man Goldie Rogers will become the Light heavyweight champ on Oct. 4th so I'm prepping him for life as a champ and gearing him up for the title defenses. Mr. Electricity and The Golden Boy will now team as the Blonde Bombers and how fitting it is that their first victory together will be against those phonies "The Real Deal" later tonight. 

Rogers: Armstrong! Listen up Jack! Come Night of Champions I'm going to beat, stomp and pound you down and then I'm going to take that title! 

Valiant: You tell him baby! 

Commercial Break 

Gino Brito and Tony Parisi vs. The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson 

These teams have been feuding all over the territory and tonight they start with a brawl. Gene gets out of there as they continue to fight. The Ref is trying to get control as he's in the corner trying to break up Parisi and DellaSerra. Gene slides a chair into the ring as Brito hammers away on Charland in the opposite corner. Gene gets on the apron and grabs Brito. Brito hits Gene and grabs him by his shirt. Charland picks up the chair and whacks Brito across the back! Brito falls back and Charland covers. Gene yells at the Ref. The Ref turns around, runs over and makes the count 1..2..3! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Well, thanks to Gene Anderson and a chair, the Enforcers get the win. Hold on here comes Tony Parisi. 

Parisi: Enough is enough! This issue will be resolved! At night of champions, Brito and myself want the Enforcers and we want a loser leaves town match! Anderson! Do your boys have the guts? 

Lance: Ok, the challenge has been made. Art Crews is next in action, oh wait a minute, Art is on his way over. 

crews.jpg.00de2bf2baff2f4955fb37a14ffac4c8.jpg

Crews: Lance! What is my name? 

Lance: Apologies, you're the Ace, Art Crews (Rolls his eyes) 

Crews: Well done. In just 2 weeks a new TV champ will be crowned and Lance, you, Idol and all these morons out here are looking at him. Now, this tune up match will take no longer than 3 minutes. 

'The Ace' Art Crews vs. Gary Williams

Crews squashes his opponent and finishes him off in less than 3 minutes with a dropkick from the middle ropes! 

Commercial Break

Lance: My guest at this time is Tully Blanchard. 

Massive boos as Tully storms out. Tully takes his sunglasses off.

Tully: From day one Larry Hennig has disrespected me and did everything in his power to make sure I wouldn't become AWA champion! He blatantly costs me the world title and nobody blinks an eye! I take matters into my own hands and now I'm the bad guy? So now big papa bear sends his little cub Curt to do his dirty work. Curt! You're out of your league son and at Night of Champions I'm going to put you down and you'll be healing along side your stupid old man at home.  

Lance: A very emotional Tully Blanchard. Big tag match up next. 

The Real Deal vs. The Blonde Bombers w/Johnny Valiant 

McGhee and Vaughn start with fire as they work the Bombers over with high octane offense and quick tags. Bombers look to be off their game until Valiant trips Vaughn and he staggers into a dropkick by Regal. Bombers take control as they work Vaughn over in the corner. Gray goes for a back drop but Vaughn kicks him and tags in McGhee. McGhee comes in with fists flying! Regal runs in but McGhee hits him into the corner. Gray charges but McGhee nails him with a European uppercut, grabs Gray by the waist and hits a bridging back suplex 1..2..Regal breaks it with a stomp. Vaughn runs in and fights Regal to the corner. Valiant hops on the apron and Vaughn sends him flying off with a punch. Regal sends Vaughn through the ropes with a high knee. McGhee swings Gray into the corner and follows with a running European uppercut then hammers away. Regal clips McGhee from behind. The Ref guides Regal to his corner. Gray hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow drop on McGhee 1..2..3! 

regal.jpg.2ff6d726c52458291650af6b018ca399.jpggrey.jpg.53a335eec8e41ffcd4e5ed0a9ac42e33.jpg

Commercial Break

Footage from last week shows Gene Anderson hit Mike Shaw with brass knuckles allowing Jumbo Tsuruta to get the win.

As Gene leads Jumbo to the ring, Shaw exits the ring and goes head on with Jumbo! The brawl is on! These two are fighting and the match hasn't begun yet. Gene nails Shaw from behind and Jumbo hammers away as Gene kicks Shaw. The fans explode when Brito and Parisi come out and grab Gene then throw him down! The Enforcers run out and it's a chaotic brawl! 

Official Ruling- No Contest 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my what a fight! I was told The Enforcers have accepted the loser leaves town challenge for Night of Champions. Also, Mike Shaw will take on Jumbo Tsuruta and Gene Anderson will be barred from ringside. It's been quite a show and I believe we're set for our featured bout. 

'Superstar' Bill Dundee vs. Killer Brooks w/Bob Sweetan 

Sweetan accompanies his Roughneck partner as Dundee enters the ring. Brooks attacks at the bell and punches Dundee down. Brooks stomps away then chokes Dundee on the ropes. The Ref guides Brooks back which allows Sweetan to run over and choke Dundee on the ropes. Brooks continues to work over Dundee with stomps, boot rakes, choking and knee drops. Brooks swings Dundee to the corner and charges in but Dundee lifts his knees and nails Brooks. Dundee regroups. Brooks staggers up and Dundee lets loose with his Memphis style punches, swings Brooks to the ropes and back drops him. Brooks staggers up and Dundee scoop slams him then scoop slams him again. Dundee climbs to the top rope and hits the Bomb's Away 1..2..Sweetan hits the ring and stomps on Dundee! The Ref signals for the DQ. Sweetan puts the boots to Dundee and helps Brooks up. The Roughnecks swing Dundee to the ropes and double clothesline him down! The fans roar as Jerry Lawler hits the ring with a chair! The Roughnecks exit quickly as Lawler attends to Dundee. 

Commercial Break

Lance: Things got out of hand quickly as oh wait here comes Lawler and Dundee.

Lawler: Bill, I know we have a title match at Night of Champions but I'll be dammed if your not 100% for that match. No excuses.

Dundee: (still shaking the cobwebs) I'm not going to thank you Jerry. As far as I'm concerned we're even. There will be no excuses come Oct. 4th and remember that when I take your title.

Boos as The Roughnecks come out.

Sweetan: You boys want a fight? How about you take us on next week?

Brooks: We'll show you what fighting is all about!

Sweetan: Neither of you will make it to Night of Champions!

Roughnecks leave.

Lawler and Dundee look at each other.

Lawler: We accept!

Night of Champions, Louisville Gardens 10-4-84

AWA World Title Bout

Ted Dibiase (C) vs. TNT Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala

AWA World Tag Title Bout

TNT Title Bout 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. 'Superstar' Bill Dundee

TNT TV Title Bout

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol (C) vs. 'The Ace' Art Crews

TNT Tag Title Bout

Grudge Match

Curt Hennig vs. Tully Blanchard 

6-man Tag Match

Cocoa Samoa and 2 mystery partners vs. Ivan Putski and The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus 

Loser Leaves Town Match

The inevitable Hennig/Blanchard match is going to be awesome.

Loved The Movement going for Wells, and definitely look forward to their clash with The Fabs

I like Valiant switching things up with his men. You manage to keep your whole roster interesting from top to bottom.

Brito/Parisi and The Enforcers continue to go at it. These four just don't like each other!

Man, I really want Art Crews to beat Austin Idol....

Shaw/Tsuruta is another feud turning nasty!

LLT Match between Enforcers and Brito/Parisi! Nice!!

Lawler saves Dundee, that might have been a mistake!

Big tag set up for next week! But....can they trust each other!!

I see big things for Curt Hennig!

I admit I skeptical of the Movement as the tag champs but they have been awesome to write for and I love them here.

Fabs have the potential to be the next champs... Should be an awesome match

Awesome work developing that mid-card tag division

I am really enjoying Mike Shaw here and Jumbo will be a huge test

Nice main event and you have one more week to see if Dundee comes into the match with Lawler as a babyface or heel.  I know which way I am leaning

Hennig vs. Tully is certainly a dream program if there ever was one...  I know Curt hasn't hit his prime yet, but having Tully leading him, given Cur's natural talent... This would be some really good stuff...

The Lawler vs. Dundee angle you have going is eerily similar to to one that I wrote several years back... Great minds!!!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 9-27-84

Lance Russell: Hello again wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA network. We're just one week away from Night of Champions and a lot of wrestlers will be gearing up for that big card tonight. Big main event tonight as TNT champ Jerry Lawler and Bill Dundee will face the Roughnecks. Very interesting as Lawler will be defending that title against Dundee at Night of Champions. Also tonight, DJ Peterson takes on Carl Fergie. Plus the man who will be taking on Ted Dibiase for the AWA world title at Night of Champions, Hercules Ayala. And the TV champ Austin Idol will be in action. Let's get things going and head to the ring.

Boos as the TNT tag team champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis head to the podium. 

Murdoch: Lance, Adrian and I are damn tired of those cowboy wannabees the Kansas Jayhawks interfering in our matches! 

Adonis: Those dirt bags don't even deserve a shot at these titles! We shouldn't even have to defend these titles against them at Night of Champions. 

Cheers as the Jayhawks come to the podium. 

Jaggers: You boys sure have big mouths! 

Dutch: Tell you what, we can go right now and if we loose we'll forfeit our match at Night of Champions! 

The Jayhawks get in the ring.

Murdoch: Get a Ref out here! 

Lance: Ok, looks like we have an impromptu match! 

TNT Tag Champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis vs. The Kansas Jayhawks 

Jayhawks start strong as Jaggers pounds away on Adonis then rams his head on Dutch's boot and tags in Dutch. They swing Adonis to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Murdoch comes in and the Jayhawks send him flying with a double punch. Jayhawks continue to work Adonis over until Dutch swings off the ropes and Murdoch nails him with a knee to the back. 

Adonis tags in Murdoch and Murdoch stomps away on Dutch. Murdoch slams Dutch then drops a knee 1..2..Kick Out. Murdoch suplexes Dutch then tags in Adonis. Adonis drops a knee from the middle ropes 1..2..Dutch gets his shoulder up. Adonis tags in Murdoch, they swing him to the ropes but miss a double clothesline, Dutch swings back and clotheslines both of them! Dutch tags in Jaggers. Adonis rises and Jaggers sends him to his corner with a forearm blast. Jaggers swings Murdoch to the ropes and clotheslines him down then drops an elbow 1..2..Adonis breaks it. Dutch runs in and fights Adonis to the corner. A dazed Murdoch staggers up and goes after Dutch but Jaggers catches him, spins him around, kicks him in the mid section and hits a Hangman's Neckbreaker 1..2..3! 

Huge pop! 

Jaggers and Dutch hurl Adonis out of the ring as the fans continue to cheer. 

jayhawks.jpg.07e70f7a84384fedbb829ba21c2dd560.jpg

Commercial Break 

Lance: Oh my, what a way to kick off the show as the Kansas Jayhawks score a win over the TNT tag champs. 

Murdoch and Adonis storm the podium. Murdoch is still reeling.

Adonis: NO! NO! NO! We weren't prepared for this! Those dirty low life cheaters are going to pay! There's no way they're taking these titles! No way! 

Lance: (Smirking) Those two teams meet at Night of champions and the TNT tag titles will be on the line. Back to the ring. 

Ivan 'Polish Power' Putski and The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus vs. Sean and Sam Smith and Gary Williams

Brutal squash as Putski and the Assassins just tear their opponents up. Ratamyus even gets in some cheap shots. The finish comes when the Assassins beat down the Smith brothers then swing Williams to the ropes as Putski nails him with the Polish Hammer for the pin! They aren't done as the Assassins pick up Williams and hit a double rib breaker! Ratamyus leads his men to the podium. 

Ratamyus: Cocoa Samoa! You stupid weak man. It doesn't matter who you bring to help. Did you just see what my men did in that ring? In 7 short days I will finally be done with you and you will be out of wrestling for good! 

Lance: Very threatening words. Before we go to a commercial here's some pre recorded comments from Cocoa Samoa. 

Cocoa: Ratamyus! Just remember who retired you. That's nothing compared to the beating your henchmen will receive. Yea you took my brothers Tio and Tapu out but now you have to suffer the wrath of my other brothers. Get ready because I know we are! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Fans, joining me now is Denny Brown. Denny you won a title contenders match in Florida awhile back and I know you've been thinking about which title you will be going after. I understand you have an answer. 

Denny: Yes I do Lance. I'm very happy and excited to announce that.....

There's a big commotion from the fans.

buddy.jpg.c1f668a570245eac47034033bd6405cf.jpg

Lance: Whoa wait just a minute! Buddy Landel! What are you doing here? 

Landel: Oh Lance it's so hard to be humble when I'm perfect in every way. That's right Mr. AWA has arrived to (looks around in distain) TNT. But hey it's all good for TNT because the ratings on the USA network are about to sky rocket because MR. AWA is here on TV baby. Now I don't wait for opportunity, I just take it. (looks at Denny) I understand you have a shot at any title in the AWA. Is that right boy? 

Denny: The name is Denny and yes I do. 

Landel: Denny? They always get my order wrong. Anyways, I don't wait in line for title shots so I'll make this simple. I want your title shot. Come on, does anybody here think this dork can honestly win a title? I'm a proven champion. So what do you say? Night of champions? You got the guts boy?

Denny: You sure like to talk. I'll tell you what. Since I'm already tired of hearing you talk and I'm sure these fans are to. I'll put my title shot on the line but if I win then you have to leave TNT. Now, do you have the guts...boy? 

Landel: Kiss your shot goodbye. 

Buddy pulls a comb out of his pocket, combs back his hair and struts out. 

Lance: Ok, looks like we have a match set for Night of Champions. Unbelievable. 

Commercial Break 

DJ Peterson vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie 

dj.jpg.29d27d5cb55d61339a58e6abb3737f16.jpg fergie.jpg.f93c65b6e22cfcd916c3f46ccfd3c126.jpg

Fergie attacks at the bell and punches DJ down then grabs the ropes and stomps away. Fergie chokes DJ with his boot then rakes it across his face. Fergie grabs the top rope and drops several knees and covers 1..Kick Out. Fergie swings DJ to the ropes and kicks him in the mid section then gut wrench suplexes him over 1..2..Kick Out. Fergie yells at the Ref. Fergie goes for a suplex but DJ fights it then suplexes Fergie. DJ staggers up and pumps his fists. Fergie staggers up and DJ unloads, swings him to the ropes and hits a big back drop. DJ grabs Fergie and slams him down. DJ climbs to the top rope. 

Gary Young runs out and pushes DJ off the ropes! The Ref signals for the DQ. 

young.png.a018e2a6f93f5a9cfcd79a3a613763e3.png

The bell is ringing as Young enters the ring and stomps away on DJ. Young picks DJ up and hits a backbreaker. Young helps Fergie up. Fergie pounds away on DJ then holds him up. Young goes to the top rope. Fergie holds DJ by his hair as Young nails him with a diving clothesline! 

Young gives DJ a stomp before leaving. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Well I think DJ had that match won until Gary Young interfered. DJ will be coming for a fight at Night of champions. That's for sure. My guests at this time are the AWA Southern tag champs The Fabulous Ones and George Wells. 

Footage from last week is shown as Wells turns down the Movement's offer and gets hit with a briefcase. The Fabs run off Whatley and Conway.

Wells: First I want to thank Stan and Steve. That could of been real bad for me. Next I want to warn the Movement that I'll be keeping a close eye on that AWA tag title match to make sure things don't get out of hand. Fabulous Ones, I got your backs. 

Lane: Thanks George. We all know the Movement loves to play the numbers game but at Night of champions that just wont work. 

Keirn: You boys have done nothing but disgrace those titles. Have you beaten anybody fair and square? Rest assured that's exactly what we're going to do come Night of Champions! 

Lance: That should be a dandy. Back to the ring. 

TNT Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala vs. Vic Dutro 

Ayala looks more than ready for his AWA title shot as he just mauls his opponent. Ayala clamps on the bear hug rams him into the turnbuckles and belly to belly suplexes him over 1..2..Ayala lifts Dutro up. Ayala holds him up then levels him with a right punch! Ayala sets his foot on Dutro's chest 1..2..3! 

Ayala heads to the podium with his brass knuckles title over his shoulder. 

Ayala: Dibiase! This title says I'm the toughest man in the AWA! But I want your title! I get everything I want! (Clenches his fist) Your title will be mine! 

Lance: Strong words from Hercules Ayala. Let's hear some pre recorded comments from the AWA World Champ Ted Dibiase.

Dibiase: Night of champions! I once again come back to TNT. I beat Jumbo Tsuruta! I beat Tully Blanchard! Take notes Ayala. I can wrestle with the best and beat them and I can brawl with the best and beat them! (Holds up his black glove) And I'm not afraid to knock somebody like you out! The title comes home with me! 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, with me now is Curt Hennig. Curt I know this has been an emotional ride for you as you get ready for Tully Blanchard at Night of Champions. By the way, how's your dad doing?

Curt: Dad's doing better. Thanks for asking Lance. There's nothing worse than seeing your father suffer. He's suffering because of Tully Blanchard. I want Tully to listen real....

Boos as Tully comes out. Curt is fuming. 

Lance: Hold on. Just a minute. Gentleman please remain calm. Tully maybe you better just go. 

Tully: Go? I will not be disrespected any more! Boo Hoo poor Larry Hennig. he should be suffering and I hope he's had a chance to ponder and reflect on what a poor job he's done as commissioner. The guy has no business in an position of authority. Total abuse of power. I personally think he was making up for his shortcomings as a wrestler and as a father! 

WHAM! 

Curt levels Tully then tackles him and just starts pounding away on him with fists! Lance calls for help and officials come out to break it up. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: That situation between Curt Hennig and Tully Blanchard is real personal and I hope things will be settled at Night of champions. TV champ Austin Idol is in the ring and his opponent at Night of Champions. Art Crews will be joining me for commentary. 

Crews: Tully Blanchard is right. There is way to much disrespect going on here. Lance! What is my name? 

Lance: Once again I apologize, the Ace Art Crews. 

TV Champ 'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. William Hillman 

Idol works over Hillman while Crews tells Lance how he's a more superior wrestler than Idol. Idol finishes Hillman off with the Las Vegas Leglock for the submission win! 

Crews: Lance, as you know I can time my victories. Well, watch as I put the so called TV champ down in less than 10 seconds. 

Crews hits the ring. Idol turns around and Crews takes him down with a shoulder tackle! Crews picks up the TV title and puts his boot on Idol as he holds the title up to the booing fans. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, what a show this has been. The Ace Art Crews just made a serious statement and I'm sure Austin Idol wont forget that come Night of Champions. Our main event happens right now. 

TNT Champ Jerry 'The King' Lawler and Superstar Bill Dundee vs. The Roughnecks 

Lawler and Dundee hit the ring with fists flying! Dundee knocks Brooks through the ropes as Lawler knocks Sweetan out of the ring! The fans are on their feet cheering as the Roughnecks regroup. Brooks gets in the ring and runs at Dundee but Dundee back drops him. Brooks gets up and Dundee unloads, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him down. Brooks bounces back and tags in Sweetan. Sweetan comes in and swings at Dundee but Dundee ducks and unloads then swings him into the corner where Lawler punches Sweetan down. Dundee tags in Lawler. Lawler punches away on Sweetan, swings him to the ropes and a right punch puts Sweetan down. Brooks comes in and Lawler punches him back. Lawler suplexes Sweetan and tags in Dundee. Dundee hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with an elbow on Sweetan 1..2..Brooks breaks it. Lawler comes in but the Ref guides him back. Dundee staggers up and Brooks clotheslines him down. Sweetan rolls over and tags in Brooks. 

Brooks puts the boots to Dundee then picks him up and slams him into the turnbuckles and hangs him upside down and kicks away. Lawler comes in but the Ref guides him back. Sweetan gets in there and him and Brooks put the boots to Dundee. The Ref guides Sweetan back. Brooks yanks Dundee down and tags in Sweetan. They double slam Dundee and Sweetan hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Lawler with the save. Sweetan tags in Brooks. Brooks swings Dundee to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dundee kicks him, dives over and tags in Lawler. 

Lawler is a house of fire as he punches away on Brooks. Sweetan comes in and Lawler punches him back. Lawler scoop slams Brooks. Sweetan comes back and Lawler scoop slams him. Lawler drops a knee on Brooks then hops up on the middle ropes and comes down with a fist drop 1..2..Sweetan kicks Lawler and stomps away. Dundee charges and sends Sweetan to the turnbuckles with a running high knee. Dundee hammers away on Sweetan in the corner. Lawler and Brooks stagger up. Lawler punches away on Brooks. Dundee goes over. Lawler turns around and blasts Dundee! Lawler looks at Dundee in shock. Lawler cant believe he did that. He goes to help Dundee up but Brooks nails Lawler from behind. 

Brooks swings Lawler into the turnbuckles and charges in with a high knee but Lawler moves. Brooks hits hard and Lawler rolls him up 1..(Sweetan runs over but Dundee tackles him)..2..3! 

Huge Pop! 

Brooks and Sweetan stagger out. The Ref raises Lawler's arm. Dundee walks over, grabs Lawler and spins him around. Dundee is yelling at him about the punch. Lawler is telling him it was an accident. Dundee pushes Lawler. Lawler holds up his hands and is again explaining it was an accident. The Ref hands Lawler his title. Dundee yanks it away and looks at it. Lawler stares hard at Dundee. Dundee looks around then again at the title. Dundee calms down and puts the title on Lawler's shoulder and taps it a couple times before leaving. Lawler watches Dundee exit with a puzzled look then holds the title up as the fans cheer. 

lawler.jpg.7202793afa6a4c006d2626dc2929d3ac.jpg dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpg

Night of Champions, Louisville Gardens 10-4-84

AWA World Title Bout 

AWA World Tag Title Bout 

TNT Title Bout 

Jerry 'The King' Lawler (C) vs. Superstar Bill Dundee 

TNT TV Title Bout 

TNT Tag Title Bout 

Grudge Match 

Curt Hennig vs. Tully Blanchard 

Match for the Contenders title- If Denny wins, Buddy must leave TNT  

Nature Boy Buddy Landel vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown 

Mountain Mike Shaw vs. Jumbo Tsuruta- Gene Anderson banned from ringside

6-Man Tag 

Cocoa Samoa and 2 Mystery partners vs. Ivan Putski and The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus 

Loser Leaves Town 

The Enforcers w/Gene Anderson vs. Gino Brito and Tony Parisi 

The anticipation continues to build for Night of Champions!

Loved the impromptu match between the Jayhawks/Murdoch & Adonis....the Jayhawks getting the win here over the champions really builds anticipation for the upcoming title match.

DJ Peterson vs. Gary Young is a fun undercard feud

Nice of George Wells to watch the Fabs' back against the Movement....but I have a strange feeling about it all....

The Hennig/Blanchard continues to heat up! This one is going to be a classic!

Dibiase better not underestimate Ayala or he could end up a former champion

Buddy Landel has arrived! Once again "Mr. AWA" makes a splash upon his debut and gets himself in line for title immediate title contention. Great stuff!

Noone blurs the line between friends and enemies like Lawler/Dundee....can't wait to see them clash for the title at NOC!

A Jayhawks/Adonis&Murdoch match to open the show? Well, I know what seat I'm not leaving!!!

Landell shows up in TNT, and is already stirring the pot. I love it! 

Gary Young vs DJ Peterson is like my mid-card dream!!

Wells and The Fabs better watch it. You can't stop The Movement!!

Ayala's a tough dude, but he's biting off a lot.

Curt and Tully is gonna be a great fight....or an even better team....hmm

Go Art Crews!!

Lawler/Dundee is gonna be fun. 

That card for Friday night is stacked!!!

I am really enjoying Adonis/Murdoch vs the Jayhawks.  Nice win for the challengers going into the big card.

Landell comes in like a house afire!

It looks like DJ is going to need some help... another fun mid-card feud here

Hennig and Tully is something I think the World missed out on in real life and so excited to see how you write this up

I am so into the Movement right now and I think I know what is coming.... Good Luck Fab Ones/George Wells

LAWLER - DUNDEE....  Very well played but the inevitable is coming!!

TNT Night of Champions, Louisville Gardens 10-4-84

AWA Light heavyweight Title Bout

Armstrong gets the fans going as he works Rogers over with arm drags, hip tosses and dropkicks. The tide turns when Valiant trips Armstrong and he stumbles into a high knee from Rogers. Rogers body slams Armstrong and stomps away then grabs the ropes and drops several knees then chokes Armstrong with his boot. Rogers rakes his boot across Armstrong's face then hoists him up and hits a backbreaker 1..2..Kick Out. Rogers hops on the middle rope and comes down with a knee drop but Armstrong moves. Both men stagger up and trade punches. Rogers gets the upper hand and swings Armstrong to the corner and charges in but Armstrong moves. Rogers hits hard as Armstrong grabs him and hits the Russian Legsweep 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match and still AWA Light heavyweight champ Brad Armstrong 

These two have had some recent issues and tonight they look to settle things. DJ has been on quite a roll in TNT while Young makes his in ring debut tonight. Young attacks at the bell and hammers away but DJ quickly gets the upper hand and puts Young down with a big fist. DJ swings Young to the ropes and hits a big back drop. Young staggers up and DJ clotheslines him down 1..2..Kick Out. DJ swings Young into the corner and follows with a running forearm blast. DJ hip tosses Young over and follows with a neck snap. DJ climbs to the top rope and waits as Young slowly staggers up. The Ref is looking over Young when the fans boo as Carl Fergie runs out and pushes DJ off the top rope. Young picks up DJ and hits a swinging neckbreaker 1..2..3! More boos as Fergie runs in and hugs Young then raises his arm. 

Winner of the match- Gary Young 

Ratamyus and his stable are getting heat by taunting the fans while waiting for their opponents. The fans roar as Cocoa Samoa heads down aisle with Sakalia and Tui, the Super Samoans! Cocoa and the Samoans hit the ring and go to town! Ratamyus bails quickly. Cocoa tackles Putski and unloads on him with fists. The Samoans punch away on the Assassins in opposite corners then swing them into each other. The Assassins collide and stumble back and the Samoans nail them with Super kicks! The Assassins fall down and roll out of the ring. Cocoa picks Putski up and throws him into a double slam by the Samoans. Cocoa climbs to the top rope and crashes down on Putski with a diving headbutt 1..2..3! Ratamyus is irate. The Assassins stagger up and Ratamyus leads them out. leaving behind a fallen Putski. The fans cheer as Cocoa and The Super Samoans stand tall. 

Winners of the match- Cocoa Samoa and The Super Samoans

'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel vs. 'Downtown' Denny Brown

If Landel wins he gets the Contender's title shot. If Brown wins, Buddy must leave TNT

Landel is all arrogance as he struts around after the bell rings. Brown has enough and dropkicks Landel from behind. Landel hits the ropes and Brown rolls him up 1..2..Landle barely kicks out. Landel rolls out of the ring with a look of shock. Landel gets into it with the fans as the Ref counts. Finally Landel gets on the apron. He grabs the ropes but turns around to argue with the fans. Brown grabs the ropes and flings Landel back in the ring. Landel staggers up as Brown grabs him, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him down. Brown swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Brown swings Landel to the ropes and back drops him. Landel rolls over and gets to his knees just as Brown runs over and executes the Oklahoma Roll 1..2..3! Huge POP! Brown gets up but the Ref realizes Landel had his foot under the ropes. Brown is celebrating. The Ref tells him what happened. Brown is in disbelief but before he has a chance to turn around, Landel nails him with a clip to the back of the leg. Landel clamps on the figure four! Brown fights as long as he can but finally submits. The fans boo as Landel arrogantly raises his arms in victory. 

buddy.jpg.c1f668a570245eac47034033bd6405cf.jpg

Winner of the match and gets a title shot of his choosing- Buddy Landel 

Loser Leaves Town Match 

This one goes all the way back to when Charland and Brito wrestled each other on their televised debuts. Since then they both formed tag teams and continued the feud. Things will be settled tonight. 

The first few minutes is a back and forth brawl. Brito and Parisi get momentum going their way and work DellaSerra over. A pier six brawl breaks out. While the Ref guides Brito back, Charland nails Parisi from behind with a forearm blast. DellaSerra rolls over and tags in Charland. Charland puts the boots to Parisi, picks him up and swings him into the corner. Charland hits a running shoulder smash and follows with several shoulder thrusts then tags in DellaSerra. Charland holds Parisi as DellaSerra comes off the middle ropes with a double axe handle. DellaSerra covers 1..2..Kick Out. DellaSerra slams Parisi and tags in Charland. Charland comes off the middle ropes with a knee drop 1..2..Parisi breaks it. DellaSerra fights Brito in the corner. The Ref gets DellaSerra back to his corner. Gene Anderson gets on the apron but Brito blasts him with a European uppercut. The Ref guides Brito back. Charland goes after Parisi but Parisi punches away then dives over and tags in Brito. Brito punches away on Charland, swings him to the ropes and clamps on the sleeper! DellaSerra runs in but Parisi sends him flying with a European uppercut. Once again Gene gets on the apron but Brito releases the sleeper and swings Charland into Gene. Gene goes flying. Brito and Parisi execute a double back suplex on Charland. Brito swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..3!!! Big Pop! Gene and DellaSerra are still reeling on the outside while Brito and Parisi stand over a fallen Charland. The Enforcers must leave TNT. 

Winners of the Match- Gino Brito and Tony Parisi

Grudge Match 

Tully Blanchard vs. Curt Hennig

This will be a heated contest. This goes back to issues between Tully and Commissioner Larry Hennig. Tully crossed the line when he beat Larry with a chair and ended up breaking his ankle. Curt is here for revenge, plain and simple.  

Curt hits the ring like a bat out of hell! The Ref signals for the bell as these two have a furious exchange! They brawl around the ring and through the ropes. The fans are going wild as they brawl around the ring. Tully grabs Curt and tries to Irish whip him into the steel post but Curt reverses it and swings Tully into the post. Tully is busted open. Tully staggers around. Curt grabs Tully by his hair and hurls him into the ring. Curt puts his knee on Tully's chest, looks out at the screaming fans and just unloads on Tully with fists! The Ref gets Curt off. As Curt comes back, Tully grabs his tights and hurls him over headfirst into the turnbuckles. Tully gets much needed time to regroup. Curt staggers up and Tully sends him through the ropes with a high knee. 

Tully goes to the outside, picks up Curt and slams his head on the apron then hurls him back in the ring. Tully quickly climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. A frustrated Tully drops several elbows on Curt and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Tully picks up Curt and vertical suplexes him back, swings off the ropes and hits a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. The fans cheer as Tully berates the Ref. Tully stomps away on Curt then drops down and chokes him. The Ref grabs Tully and pulls him off. Tully raises his fists at the Ref and proceeds to get in his face. 

Curt staggers up, Tully scoops him up for a body slam but Curt cradles him 1..2..3!!!! The fans go nuts! 

Tully quickly gets up and puts the boots to Curt. The Ref tries to stop him but Tully pushes him away. Tully hurls Curt out of the ring. Tully goes to the outside and suplexes Curt on the concrete! Tully grabs a chair but officials run out to stop him. Tully throws the chair down and starts to walk away but runs back, picks up Curt and rams him headfirst into the steel post, busting him open! The fans boo as Tully exits. 

Winner of the Match- Curt Hennig 

Intermission 

TV Title Bout 

Idol has been defending his title since July, beating all comers. Crews has been undefeated in TNT and even times his victories before he wrestles. He says he will win the TV title in under 10 minutes tonight. 

Crews controls early with some good mat work. They lock up and Crews maneuvers Idol into the ropes. The Ref wants a clean break. Crews starts to break but kicks Idol a bit low. Crews swings Idol to the ropes and puts him down with a shoulder block. Crews body slams Idol and follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Crews hits a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Crews swings Idol to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Idol swings back and clotheslines Crews down. Both men try to regroup. 

They stagger up and Crews misses a big punch, Idol hoists him up and hits a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Idol swings Crews hard into the turnbuckles, Crews staggers into a back drop. Idol swings off the ropes and drops a jumping elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Idol swings Crews into the corner and charges in but Crews lifts his knees and Idol nails them headfirst. Crews regroups. 

Crews snapmares Idol over and wrenches away with a neck crank. The fans cheer Idol on. Idol shakes his fists and starts to rise, then grabs Crew's head and hits a jaw breaker. Once again both men are regrouping. They stagger up and Idol fires up and punches away on Crews, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. 

Idol hoists Crews up for a Shin Breaker but Crews flips over and pushes Idol into the turnbuckles. Crews grabs Idol by the waist and hits a bridging suplex 1..2..Idol gets his shoulder up. Crews slams Idol and climbs to the top rope. Crews yells "The Title is mine!" Idol jumps up, runs over and slams Crews off the top rope! The fans are cheering. Crews staggers up as Idol grabs him, runs him across the ring and slams his head on the turnbuckle. Crews is wobbling around as Idol swings of the ropes and clotheslines him down! Idol hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

idol.jpg.034390abaf1a4cd657e913366305a351.jpg

Winner of the match and still TV champ- Austin Idol 

TNT Tag Team Title Bout 

These teams have been going at it since Murdoch and Adonis defeated the Jayhawks in the finals of the tournament to crown TNT champs. Since then they've battled to several double DQ's and double count outs. On the recent TNT TV show, the Jayhawks beat the champs in an impromptu match. 

It's a rough one from the get go. Hard hitting contest as these teams just clobber each other. Both teams get in good segments in a very even match up. Adonis and Murdoch get an upper hand when Murdoch clotheslines Dutch from behind on the apron. Adonis stomps away on Dutch and tags in Murdoch. Adonis and Murdoch double suplex Dutch. Murdoch hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a stomp to the chest. Murdoch swings off the ropes and hits a forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. Murdoch tags in Adonis. They swing Dutch to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline. Adonis drops a knee 1..2..Jaggers makes the save. Adonis swings Dutch to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dutch kicks him, rolls over and tags in Jaggers. 

Jaggers comes in and hammers away on Adonis. Murdoch comes in and Jaggers punches away on him. Jaggers grabs their heads and knocks them together. Murdoch stumbles back into the corner. Jaggers swings Adonis to the ropes and back drops him. Adonis staggers up and Jaggers puts him down with a running Axe bomber 1..2..Murdoch kicks Jaggers. Dutch runs in and punches Murdoch to the corner. The Ref gets control.

Jaggers tags in Dutch. They swing Adonis to the ropes and put him down with a double back elbow smash. Dutch hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a leg drop 1..2..Murdoch hits a forearm drop. Jaggers comes in and fights Murdoch to the corner. The Ref guides Jaggers back. Murdoch runs over and nails Dutch from behind. Dutch staggers into a DDT from Adonis. The Ref runs over 1..2..3! Jaggers is a second to late. The fans boo as Murdoch and Adonis roll out of the ring, grab their titles and hold them up. 

Winners of the match and still TNT Tag Team Champs- Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis 

Mountain Mike Shaw vs. Jumbo Tsuruta 

Gene Anderson is banned from ringside

These monsters have been going at it. Gene's interference with brass knuckles in their last match is what caused him from being banned tonight. 

This one starts with a brawl on the outside. The Ref says the heck with it and signals for the bell. After fighting on the outside, they finally make it back in the ring. As Shaw makes his way through the ropes, Jumbo nails him with a running knee strike. Jumbo takes control and works the big man over. Jumbo swings Shaw into the corner and chops away then scoop slams the big man down. Jumbo climbs to the top rope and comes down with a knee drop but Shaw moves. 

Both men stagger up, Shaw scoop slams Jumbo down. Shaw swings off the ropes and drops an elbow 1..2..Kick Out. Shaw swings Jumbo into the corner and follows with a running clothesline. Shaw grabs Jumbo and bulldogs him down 1..2..Jumbo gets his foot on the rope. Shaw picks up Jumbo, holds him then powerslams him over 1..2..Jumbo barely gets his shoulder up. Shaw swings Jumbo to the ropes and clotheslines him down and follows with an elbow drop 1..2..Jumbo kicks out. Shaw takes a moment then picks up Jumbo and swings him into the corner. Shaw charges and goes for a big splash but Jumbo moves. Shaw hits hard as Jumbo regroups. 

Jumbo picks up Shaw, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a big boot. Jumbo climbs to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..3! 

tsuruta.jpg.9a9d9cdf6450a5281113261caca37fbc.jpg

Winner of the Match- Jumbo Tsuruta 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Movement (C) vs, The AWA Southern tag champs The Fabulous Ones 

During the first few minutes the Movement spend most of the time dodging the Fabs and stalling. The Fabs loose it and drop kick Whatley and Conway out of the ring. The fans heckle the Movement as they get heated. The Movement start to just walk out but the Fabs run out and punch away then throw them back in the ring. The Fabs swing Conway to the ropes and double back drop him. Whatley staggers up and the Fabs send him flying through the ropes with a double super kick. 

The Ref gets control and The Fabs work Conway over. Lane and Keirn are really gelling tonight. Lane tags in Keirn. Lane suplexes Conway and Keirn follows with a knee drop from the middle ropes 1..2..Whatley runs in with a kick. Lane hammers Whatley back to his corner. The Ref guides Lane back. Conway hits Keirn with a lowblow, rolls over and tags in Whatley. Whatley runs in but Keirn back drops him, rolls over and tags in Lane. 

Lane swings Whatley to the ropes and back drops him, then picks him up and hits a snap suplex. Lane hops on the middle ropes and comes down with an elbow 1..2..Conway pulls Lane off by the hair. Keirn runs in and blasts Conway. Lane swings Whatley to the ropes and kicks him in the mid section as Keirn follows with a sunset flip 1..Somebody runs in from the crowd and charges into the ring and stomps on Keirn!

The Ref signals for the DQ.

It's Iceman King Parsons! What's he doing here?!?! 

Lane runs over but Conway nails him. It's a 3 on 2 attack! Until George Wells hits the ring with fists flying! 

It's a wild brawl! 

The Fabs are fighting with the Movement as Wells takes it to Parsons. The Fabs punch Whatley and Conway out of the ring as Wells sends Parsons over the top rope with a running clothesline! 

The fans are cheering as The Fabs and Wells pump their fists and want more of The Movement. The Movement grab their titles and head out. 

Winners of the match by DQ- The Fabulous Ones 

However, The Movement remain AWA World Tag Champs

TNT Title Bout 

Jerry 'The KIng' Lawler (C) vs. 'Superstar' Bill Dundee 

Lawler defeated Dundee in a number 1 contender's tournament final. Lawler went on to defeat Terry Funk for the TNT title. Dundee has saved Lawler a few times and feels he's earned a shot. Frustration got the best of Dundee as he slapped Lawler "To get his attention" Since then Dundee has apologized and the two have even recently teamed up together but not without some miscues. 

The introductions are made and the fans are eagerly anticipating this match. Lawler and Dundee have a good stare down. Dundee offers his hand and Lawler eventually shakes it. The bell rings and they're off. The first few minutes are slow and easy with neither man gaining an advantage. A few tense moments during breaks but nobody breaks the rules.

After some more clean moments things do turn up as Lawler gets in a good punch. Dundee holds his jaw then punches Lawler. This turns into a punch fest as the fans go wild. The next few minutes is a lot more aggressive as they turn the heat up. Both men trade slams, elbows, suplexes, knee drops and of course Memphis style punches. 

At the 30 minute mark, Dundee is in control. Dundee climbs to the top rope. Lawler staggers up and Dundee drops him with a double axe handle to the head 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee slams Lawler, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a fist drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dundee is getting frustrated. He picks up Lawler and hits a rib breaker then goes to the top rope. He's feeling great now. He leaps off and goes for the Bomb's Away but Lawler moves! 

Dundee is hurting as Lawler gets up. Lawler slowly rises and the strap comes down as the fans roar. Dundee rises and Lawler punches away, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Lawler drops an elbow then gets up, swings off the ropes and lands a fist drop 1..2..Kick Out. Lawler vertical suplexes Dundee then hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a fist drop 1..2..No! Dundee has his foot barley on the ropes. Lawler cant believe it. 

Lawler picks up Dundee and swings him around for a big body slam but Dundee's foot hits the Ref and knocks him down and out. Lawler slams Dundee down. Lawler picks up Dundee, hoists him up and drops him with a PILEDRIVER! Lawler covers 1..2..3..4..5, Lawler looks over and sees the Ref is knocked out. Lawler goes over and tries to wake the Ref up. 

There's a big commotion in the crowd as the Dream Machine enters the ring! 

Dream Machine goes over and tries to help Lawler wake the Ref up. 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

WHAM! Dream Machine nails Lawler! 

Dream pounds away on Lawler then helps Dundee up. Dream hoists Lawler up as Dundee hops on the middle ropes. They execute a Spike Piledriver! 

Dream shakes the Ref then rolls out of the ring. 

Dundee climbs to the top rope and crashes down with the Bombs Away! 

The Ref slowly counts 1..2..3!!!!! 

The fans are in shock. 

Dream Machine runs in the ring and hands Dundee the TNT title. Dundee grabs the title then hugs Dream Machine. Dream holds up Dundee's arm as the fans are in riot mode! 

Winner of the match and NEW TNT Champion- Superstar Bill Dundee! 

dundee.jpg.13ef523972778f5994d1bfb498397407.jpg

There's a few minute intermission as Jerry Lawler needs assistance leaving. 

AWA World Title Bout 

Always a big match feel when the world champ is in town. This is Dibiase's 3rd title defense in TNT. Ayala won the brass knuckles title and has been a wrecking machine every since. 

The bell rings and Ayala storms over but Dibiase was ready and back drops him over. Dibiase slams Ayala hops up on the middle ropes and flings back with a back elbow drop 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase vertical suplexes Ayala, then follows with a gut wrench suplex and follows with a German suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Dibiase swings Ayala to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Ayala swings back and mows Dibiase over with a shoulder block. 

Ayala regroups and is mad. Ayala picks up Dibiase and drops him with a big right punch. Ayala swings Dibiase to the ropes and once again puts him down with a big punch. Ayala body slams Dibiase 3 consecutive times and covers 1..2..Kick Out. Ayala swings Dibiase into the turnbuckles and just pounds away on him then lifts Dibiase up over his head and press slams him down! Ayala drops a big knee 1..2..Dibiase barely gets his shoulder up. Ayala goes crazy and chokes and punches away on Dibiase. Ayala swings Dibiase to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Dibiase stops and drops an elbow on top of Ayala's head. 

Dibiase regroups as Ayala staggers up. Ayala misses a big punch and Dibiase executes an atomic drop. Ayala is wobbling as Dibiase swings off the ropes and clotheslines him down. Dibiase picks up Ayala, swings him to the ropes and hits a powerslam 1..2..Ayala gets his shoulder up. Dibiase swings Ayala to the corner and charges in but Ayala runs forward and just about takes Dibiase's head off with a clothesline! 

Ayala is resting in the corner. The Ref is looking Dibiase over. Ayala is reaching in his tights and pulls out some brass knuckles. 

Ayala regroups as Dibiase crawls around. Ayala picks up Dibiase and takes a swing but Dibiase ducks and hammers away on Ayala but Ayala nails him with a knee to the mid section and swings him to the corner. Ayala charges in but Dibiase nails Ayala with his boot. The Ref looks over Ayala while Dibiase messes with his black glove. 

Ayala slowly rises and Dibiase puts him down with a black glove punch! Dibiase picks Ayala up and clamps on the Cobra Clutch! 

Ayala is already out. The Ref sees this and signals for the bell! 

Dibiase drops Ayala and staggers around then raises his arm. The Ref hands him the title and a tired Dibiase raises it in victory. 

Winner of the Match and still AWA World Champion- Ted Dibiase! 

dibiase.jpg.e1018ca0b67bf47f8405cb6fbe43e585.jpg

Nice win for the Brad Armstrong

Love what you have done with Carl Fergie as he is constantly causing problems!

I like the Super Samoans here.  They were a fun team in Hawaii and could do big things in TNT

Interesting finish with the Nature Boy.  I love what both you and Gene have done with him

Curt gets the roll up for the win but I have a feeling there will be more here.

You have gotten a lot out of Jumbo here as he keeps winning big matches

I want more Movement vs Fabs!  I could see the Movement finding away past the champs even though I know the Movement is picking up allies all over the place.

True Memphis Style.... Heel Turn!  This time is is Dream Machine and there will be Hell to pay!

Dibiase is proving to be an awesome champ!

Damn What a Show!!

Brad makes another nice defense of the Title to open the show.

DJ had that one in the bag, and then Fergie costs him the match. Fergie and Young will make a good little alliance going forward.

The Samoan Trio picks up the win, and it looks like the heel Putski experiment comes to an end. Will be interesting to see what the Cubans do next.

Good Old Buddy! Love watching that man cheat!!

Enforcers are gone!!! Was surprised at that result. Hoping maybe a couple of similar sized masked men will come looking for revenge!

Hennig picks up the win, but Tully gets the last word. This isn't over!

Damn It Art!!!!

Adonis and Murdoch pick up the win, but I don't figure this feud is over. Which is good. I love this feud!!

Jumbo picks up a good one.

The Movement does what The Movement does, and The Fabs get screwed. I bet those fans were PISSED!

Speaking of pissed fans! Dundee picks up the title after the big Dream Machine turn!! Lawler is gonna be fired up! The War is On!!!

Dibiase and Ayala have a war, and Dibiase shows why he is the champ.

Again, great show!

TNT Wrestling TV @ The Roanne Fieldhouse, Memphis TN 10-11-84

Show opens with a music video of Night of Champions Highlights. 

Lance Russell: Hello everybody and welcome to another edition of TNT wrestling here on the USA Network. Well we just saw highlights of Night of Champions and we will be talking about that throughout the program. As for tonight's show, DJ Peterson takes on Carl Fergie. The Kansas Jayhawks will go at it with The Cuban Assassins. Mr. Wrestling 3 wrestles Ricky Vaughn of Real Deal and boy do we have a blockbuster main event as Curt Hennig goes up against Buddy Landel. Ok please welcome the new TNT champion along with the Dream Machine, here's Superstar Bill Dundee. 

The boos are deafening as Dundee and Dream brush them off. 

Lance: You guys caused quite a stir at Night of Champions. Thanks to Dream Machine's interference Bill you're the TNT champ and Jerry Lawler is at home healing. I have to ask what was that all about? Bill, you and Jerry are friends. I don't get why Dream did what he did.

Dream: First off Lance, you need to congratulate the Superstar on his great championship victory! What's wrong with you?! 

Lance: (rolls his eyes) Congratulations Bill.

Dream: That's more like it babay. The reason I did what I did is simple. I despise Jerry Lawler! He's nothing but a selfish glory hog! I was out of action for months and did he once call me? NO! You know who did? This man (pointing at Bill) and brother we had some long talks about Lawler. I saw everything he did to try and keep the Superstar down. I was fed up and there was no way in hell Lawler was walking out as champ. TNT needs a true hero to represent as champion. Bill Dundee is that hero. Lawler! You're now just a zero babay. 

Dundee: (pats the title on his shoulder) Thank you for the kind words Dream. You are a true friend. Unlike that selfish backstabbing lowlife Jerry Lawler. Lawler! You used me from the moment I arrived here. I helped you rid TNT of Jimmy Hart and his family. I had your back when you defeated Terry Funk for this here title and all I wanted was a fair title shot but no I had to beg you for the opportunity. Well guess what? I made my own opportunity and here I am brother...TNT Champ! 

Dream Machine holds up Dundee's arm while Dundee lifts up the title with his other arm as the fans give it to them. 

Lance: With Dream Machine watching his back, Dundee might be champ for awhile but I would sure hate to be them when The King returns. Fans let's go to the ring. 

Super Samoans (Tui and Sakalia) vs. Kent Jennings and Gary Williams

Samoans arrived at Night of Champions and helped Cocoa Samoa finally put an end to his feud with Ratamyu's and gang. The fans are really behind this exciting team as Sakalia body slams Williams and Tui follows with a Superfly Splash for the pin! 

After the match, the Super Samoans cut a promo and say they're gunning for the TNT tag titles! 

Commercial Break 

George Wells vs. Teddy Freeman 

Wells looks great tonight as he's all over his opponent with slams and flying leg scissors. Wells swings Freeman to the ropes and nails him with a flying tackle to get the pin! 

The fans cheer as Wells heads to the podium. 

Lance: Great win tonight George. I know the Fabulous Ones were happy that you were there to help fight off Iceman Parsons after he interfered on behalf of the Movement. The Fabs got the DQ win but once again the Movement left town with the titles. 

Wells: I was happy to help. I don't know what's with.....

Cheers as somebody walks out. 

Lance: Oh my, Special Delivery Jones! I wasn't expecting you. This is a nice surprise. 

Wells: SD! How are you brother? 

Jones: (Big smile) Doing outstanding! George, I'm here in TNT and you're the first person I wanted to greet.

WHAM! Jones headbutts Wells! 

Lance: What the hell's going on?! 

Jones picks up Wells and puts him down with another headbutt! Wells is busted open. Jones picks up Wells and puts him down with a third headbutt! Officials storm out to help Wells. Jones grabs the mic out of Lance's hand and looks into the camera. 

Jones: For years I was told by promoters to put on a big smile and do some dancing around the ring. I was a damn joke! I was nothing but a puppet. I was ashamed of myself. Then I got a call from Tiger Conway Jr. and he open my eyes to the truth and told me I didn't have to be a puppet any longer. I left New York as fast as I could and met with The Movement. They are my true brothers, they are my family. George Wells is a puppet and we cant have him embarrassing us any longer. My name is Roosevelt Jones and I represent The Movement! 

jones.jpg.e226daf61ed069701ee1481a92205daf.jpg

Jones throws the mic at Lance and storms out. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: I'm at a loss for words after what just happened. I hope George will be ok. Well, lets get back to the ring. 

Mr. Wrestling 3 w/Mr. Wrestling 2 vs. Ricky Vaughn w/Scott McGhee

Good technical bout going on between two fan favorites. The tide turns a few times as both men display some fine wrestling maneuvers. During some chain wrestling, Mr. Wrestling 3 goes flying through the ropes. Mr. Wrestling 2 goes over to encourage him. Vaughn gets a little heated about this and has words for Wrestling 2. Wrestling 2 nods and backs off. Vaughn is yelling at McGhee to throw him back in the ring. McGhee is puzzled by this and doesn't get involved. Vaughn has words with McGhee. Wrestling 3 gets on the apron. Vaughn heads over and Wrestling 3 nails him with a shoulder thrust in the gut and hits a sunset flip over the ropes 1..2..3! 

Mr. Wrestling 2 hugs Wrestling 3 and escorts him out. McGhee attends to Vaughn. Vaughn gets up quick and pushes McGhee and proceeds to yell at him. They banter for a moment then things calm down as they shake hands and exit. 

Lance: Mr. Wrestling 3 gets a nice win but there seemed to be some friction between the Real Deal. Fans, next week on TV, the Fabulous Ones will defend the AWA Southern tag titles against Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers Jerry Grey and Steve Regal. Joining me now are the Fabulous Ones. 

The Fabs cut a promo and say they're ready to defend these titles and still have their eyes on the AWA World tag titles. Boos hit as Valiant leads his Blond Bombers to the podium. 

Valiant: Listen up! Next week your reign comes to an end. You jerks are just poor imitations of the Golden Boy and Mr. Electricity. My Blond Bombers are the future of the AWA and you jerks are just washed up imposters. 

The Fabs hold up their titles and are ready to fight but Valiant laughs them off and leads his men out. 

Commercial Break 

TNT Brass Knuckles Champ Hercules Ayala vs. Sam and Sean Smith

Ayala came up just short in his AWA world title match with Ted Dibiase at Night of Champions and tonight he requested to fight two men. 

Saying Ayala is pissed would be an understatement. He just brutally destroys his opponents! He picks up Sean and knocks him out with a punch! He picks up Sam and clamps on a bear hug then belly to belly suplexes him over on Sean to get the pin! Ayala picks both men up by their hair and hurls them out of the ring! Ayala holds up his brass knuckles title with one hand and clenches his fist with the other. 

ayala.jpg.c5833d3387eef59bc5dd45003733e725.jpg

Lance: Oh my, Hercules Ayala is a man possessed tonight. Switching gears at Night of Champions my guests Tony Parisi and Gino Brito defeated the Enforcers Richard Charland and Bob Dellaserra in a loser leaves town match. Well boys now that you sent the Enforcers packing what's next? 

Brito: Now that that is finally over, Tony and I can focus on the titles.

Boos as Gene Anderson comes out.

Gene: You boys might be done with the Enforcers but I'm not done with you! 

Gene just walks out.

Lance (puzzled) Very ominous words from Gene Anderson. 

Commercial Break 

DJ Peterson vs. 'Cool' Carl Fergie

At Night of Champions, Fergie interfered and helped Gary Young get the win over DJ. DJ wanted Carl tonight! 

The bell rings and DJ is all over Carl! DJ just unloads with fists, swings him to the ropes and clotheslines him down! DJ gets on the top rope. Carl slowly staggers up. The fans boo as Art Crews comes out and pushes DJ off the ropes! The Ref signals for the DQ. The bell is ringing as Crews climbs to the top rope. DJ starts to rise but Gary Young hits the ring and nails DJ with a forearm to the back. Carl gets up. Him and Young pick up DJ and hold him while Crews nails him with a missile dropkick! The 3 of them put the boots to DJ. The fans roar as Mike Shaw and Denny Brown run in! Young, Carl and Crews roll under the ropes satisfied with what they accomplished. 

Winner of the Match by DQ- DJ Peterson 

Commercial Break

Lance: Ok after what just happened I want to ask these men some questions. 

Crews, Fergie and Young appear smiling. 

Crews: Lance, around here it's obvious people need friends. Well I found a couple of good friends and together we decided we're going to run TNT. 

Fergie: That's right! Just look at us. Pure talent! 

Young: I came to TNT to make a splash and here it is! Nobody can stop this trio and I'm daring anyone to try! 

Lance: Ok, it appears we have a new alliance in TNT but it looks like DJ has some friends as well. Back to the ring. 

The Kansas Jayhawks vs. The Cuban Assassins w/Ratamyus

Both teams look to bounce back from their Night of Champions losses and get back in the title hunt. 

Of course with these teams the match is one hard hitting brawl! It's a wild 8 minute back and forth fight with both teams looking strong. A pier six brawl breaks out. Ratamyus gets on the apron but Jaggers swings Fidel into him, sending him flying off. Dutch clotheslines Angel over the top rope. The Jayhawks swing Fidel to the ropes and put him down with a double clothesline 1..2..3!

Huge pop!

jayhawks.jpg.07e70f7a84384fedbb829ba21c2dd560.jpg

Commercial Break

Lance: Big win for the Jayhawks. Fans next week don't forget, The Fabulous Ones will defend the AWA Southern titles against Johnny Valiant's Blonde Bombers. Jumbo Tsuruta will be in action. The Real Deal will face the TNT Tag champs Dick Murdoch and Adrian Adonis is a non title bout. Austin Idol defends his TV title against the former champ The Dream Machine. Also just announced DJ Peterson, Mike Shaw and Denny Brown will face Carl Fergie, Art Crews and Gary Young. Should be a great show. Before we get to our main event, we have some special comments from Jerry Lawler, who's at home recuperating.  

Lawler: (takes a moment) Bill Dundee, at last you showed your true colors. You knew you couldn't get the job done on your own so you get that masked buffoon to help you. Dream Machine is a liar. I checked up on him many times but I was told he was refusing all visitors. Well now I know why he didn't want to see me. Dundee and Dream got one over on me and took the title that I cherish. Bill, Dream Machine, I hope it was worth it (points at the camera) because it's going to be hell to pay! 

Commercial Break

Lance: Ok, we're set for our main event... hold on, it looks like Buddy Landel is coming over. 

Buddy: Do I look great or what? Come on Lance, it's not easy looking this good brother. (pulls out a comb and feathers his hair) Now after Night of Champions when I beat that punk Denny Brown and won the right to any title shot I want, everybody wants to know which title I'm gunning for. Well that's easy. There's only one title a man of my talent, a man of my caliber and a man of my skill goes for. That's the WORLD title daddy! That's right. Ted Dibiase, you've been ducking me long enough brother and now you have no choice. Mr. AWA will be the next world champ. Bet on it! Excuse me Lance, but I have to put on an exhibition and give this Hennig kid a wrestling lesson. 

Cheers as Curt Hennig (bandage on forehead from Tully's post match attack at Night of Champions) ) comes to the podium. 

Curt: Landel, you have a big mouth my friend, so let's see if you can back it up. Put your AWA world title shot on the line, right here, right now! 

The fans go crazy as Curt slides into the ring with fists pumping. 

Buddy is embarrassed but he tries to hide it and needs to save face. 

Buddy: Fine by me! 

Buddy takes off his robe and hits the ring. 

'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel vs. Curt Hennig 

The bell rings and they have a furious exchange! Curt gets the upper hand, swings Buddy to the ropes and back drops him. Buddy staggers up and Hennig dropkicks him through the ropes! Buddy tries to stand up but falls back down as the fans cheer. Curt goes to the outside, grabs Buddy by his hair and hurls him back in the ring. Curt climbs to the top rope. Buddy staggers up and Curt crashes down with a double axe handle 1..2..Buddy gets his foot on the rope. Curt reaches down but Buddy grabs his trunks and pulls him through the ropes.

Buddy regroups. Curt gets to the apron, Buddy grabs his head and snaps it on the top rope. Curt falls on the apron. Buddy swings off the ropes and baseball slides Curt to the floor. Buddy goes to the outside and rips the bandage off Curt's head then pounds away with closed fists reopening the wound. The Ref warns Buddy and he hurls Curt back in the ring. Buddy hops on the middle ropes and crashes down with a knee on Curt's leg. Buddy works over the leg then clamps on the figure four! Buddy wrenches away as the fans cheer Curt on. 

Curt begins to fight it. The fans go crazy when Curt rolls over and reverses it! Buddy quickly grabs the ropes and the Ref breaks the hold up. Buddy limps up as Curt staggers up. Buddy throws a wild punch but Curt ducks and executes an Atomic Drop! Buddy bounces into the turnbuckles, Curt grabs him and hits a German Suplex but his leg wobbles and it doesn't have the full affect as Buddy kicks out. Curt gets up and limps around then picks up Buddy but Buddy rakes the eyes, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Buddy swings off the ropes and goes for the corkscrew elbow drop but Curt moves! 

Both men stagger up and exchange punches. Curt blocks a punch and unloads, swings Buddy to the turnbuckles and follows with a running clothesline then hip tosses Buddy to the center of the ring and follows with a running neck snap. The fans are going wild as Curt picks Buddy up and hits the Northern Lights Suplex 1..2..

WAIT! 

Tully Blanchard runs out and grabs the Ref by his feet and yanks him out of the ring. Tully quickly slides in the ring and lightly hits Buddy then stomps away on Curt! 

The Ref signals for the bell as Tully puts the boots to Curt then drops several elbows on him. Tully picks up Curt and hits the Sling Shot Suplex! Buddy staggers up and joins in by stomping away on Curt. Tully runs out and grabs a chair then slides it in the ring. Buddy body slams Curt on the chair. Tully picks up Curt and Sling Shot Suplexes him on the chair! Buddy clamps the figure four on Curt and wrenches away while Tully stomps away on Curt. 

Finally several wrestlers from the back come out to stop this. 

Tully helps Buddy up and they arrogantly smile and leave. 

Commercial Break 

Lance: Fans, Curt was helped out of here and was in pretty bad shape. I was informed by the Ref that technically Tully touched Buddy first and had no choice but to disqualify Curt. Talk about a cheap deal. I hope Tully and Buddy are happy with themselves. I'm sure we'll have more answers next week. Fans, until then. 

Dundee and The Dream Machine doing what good heels should do, speaking their version of the truth and believing it. Great opening interview.

On behalf of The Movement, please allow me to welcome Roosevelt Jones to the world of the enlightened!! Awesome introduction, and I am looking forward to seeing his progress!

Nice wins for the Samoans, Wells, and Wrestling 3.

Fabs/Bombers should be good next week.

Ayala beating up two guys is a nice way to bounce back from a loss!

Be interested to see who Gene Anderson digs up next.

Crews, Young, and Fergie against DJ, Denny, and Shaw.....this is an awesome midcard mash up! Love It!!

Tully and Landell working together to put down Hennig.... Man, you are putting together some amazing alliances!

Great Show!

Awesome show.... never thought I would see SD in a different roll and I am loving it.

I see some more Mid-Card feuds starting with Ricky Vaughn seeming a bit upset, DJ and Ferige with a few friends thrown in, ... fun. 

Landell vs Dibiase.... throw in Hennig and Tully and we got one hot angle.

Lawler.... Dream... Dundee.  Always fun as you never know what is going to happen next.

• spaldoni changed the title to USWA