Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/14 - 01/20 Bolsonarism is taking us to the Middle Ages

KawadaSmile

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seth Rollins being a social media liability and referring to Louis C.K.'s recently leaked "comedy set" as "funny" instead of horrible, offensive, and not even remotely amusing probably didn't help either. 

https://deadline.com/2018/12/louis-c-k-inflames-twitter-with-leaked-stand-up-jokes-about-parkland-shooting-survivors-gender-non-binary-people-1202527354/

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2018/12/seth-rollins-gets-heat-from-fans-on-twitter-after-defending-649356/

Being a caustic dick on Twitter is probably why WWE never truly committed to C.M. Punk as a top guy, and now Seth is making the same mistake by putting his foot in his mouth in the most boneheaded manner possible. Well, you know what? Fuck Seth Rollins! I hope it does cost him.

(And I like Seth more than most here, although I can't say I love him or anything.)

Well, since you poked the bear... :D

Celebration must wait. Rumble/Mania season can get pretty unpredictable. There's still time for them to do something insanely stupid, like giving the top title shot to a supposedly "over" baby face who is NOBODY'S favorite wrestler and NOBODY'S first choice for anything. What hot piece of merch has this guy ever had?

What dream match could he have with anyone that wouldn't look EXACTLY like the fifty-eleven Dolph matches we've already seen from him?

I'm completely convinced every match Seth has from now until the end of his career will look exactly like every match he has every week anyway. Hissing. Knee-slapping. Sling blade. Dives. More hissing. Davey Richards stuff. Go home.

I do hope you're right though. That TLC match was an atrocity. I'd rather crab-walk or crawl on my hands & knees through a dozen dirty dumpster fires than watch that shit again. Plus he should still be paying for the sins of his awful 2015 heel run. Plus that abysmal 2016 baby face run. Plus everything Tyler Black. Plus because. Roar.

Seriously though. Seth sucks. The fact that he's even seen as a slightly viable contender to Brock is a clear indicator of just how badly they've screwed the pooch on guys like Braun, Drew, and Lashley over the last year. Each of those guys should have been guaranteed hits & surefire challengers for Lesnar. But nah. Gotta have 'em tagging with children, doing bad League of Nations level gimmicks, running obstacle courses, and other assorted reindeer games instead. Because that's money.

I'm not trying to be the uncool dad in the thread telling everyone not to drink and smoke doobies, but what's the deal with the Alexa Bliss segment?  It's completely weird to see something like this on WWE TV in the midst of the Evolution/shoot nude photos leak era?  I am not sure what purpose it served? Has WWE ever cut to the back while Baron Corbin is putting on his pants? What about Shane McMahon in mid zip-up and adjusting himself? Two steps forward and one step back.

Seth no-sold The Doomsday Device! He 'rolled' on his shoulder and immediately went on the attack. The *checks notes* shoulder roll was met with crowd confusion and not a big babyface pop.

Hopefully the we have reached the end of the era of Lashley bending over and spanking his ass. The man is vanilla, but has a ton of talent. Maybe this IC title run is exactly what he needs. Bobby Lashley is the 9th African-American Intercontinental champion.

^ If they're holding onto Braun/Brock for Mania, which I expect will be a clunker based on their previous matches, I'd love for them to go with Balor/Cena. Of course, that would necessitate one of them turning heel - unless they did a face/face thing, which could work, but would be considerably less "hot" of an angle. Its interesting to think about Cena turning heel in 2019.

On one hand, I could see Vince supporting it now more than ever as Cena has one foot in Hollywood and there's certainly plenty of mileage in a Cena heel run even if he's only around 5-6 months a year (not dissimilar to Brock). From a "TV quality" standpoint, it is probably the best option they have at revitalizing RAW's content with a major landscape-shifting angle.

On the other hand, I believe Cena is still somehow the top merch mover in the company, Reigns is gone, and if you're only going to have Cena for 5-6 months of a year, why on Earth would you not want him to be your returning hero? Cena as the top babyface has worked for over a decade, so even if he's not around as much, messing with the formula seems silly - like if they'd turned Undertaker in 2008 or whatever. It seems to me we're at the start of the Cena Victory Lap years, when he will progressively wrestle less and less matches and eventually become a Mania-only guy like Taker. That role is best served by Cena being a face then, now, forever.

10 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Well, since you poked the bear... :D

Celebration must wait. Rumble/Mania season can get pretty unpredictable. There's still time for them to do something insanely stupid, like giving the top title shot to a supposedly "over" baby face who is NOBODY'S favorite wrestler and NOBODY'S first choice for anything. What hot piece of merch has this guy ever had?

What dream match could he have with anyone that wouldn't look EXACTLY like the fifty-eleven Dolph matches we've already seen from him?

I'm completely convinced every match Seth has from now until the end of his career will look exactly like every match he has every week anyway. Hissing. Knee-slapping. Sling blade. Dives. More hissing. Davey Richards stuff. Go home.

I do hope you're right though. That TLC match was an atrocity. I'd rather crab-walk or crawl on my hands & knees through a dozen dirty dumpster fires than watch that shit again. Plus he should still be paying for the sins of his awful 2015 heel run. Plus that abysmal 2016 baby face run. Plus everything Tyler Black. Plus because. Roar.

Seriously though. Seth sucks. The fact that he's even seen as a slightly viable contender to Brock is a clear indicator of just how badly they've screwed the pooch on guys like Braun, Drew, and Lashley over the last year. Each of those guys should have been guaranteed hits & surefire challengers for Lesnar. But nah. Gotta have 'em tagging with children, doing bad League of Nations level gimmicks, running obstacle courses, and other assorted reindeer games instead. Because that's money.

Rollins journey in 2019 hasn’t even begun. He’s getting the push guys. Everyone get ready for more moaning.

13 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

Seriously though. Seth sucks. The fact that he's even seen as a slightly viable contender to Brock is a clear indicator of just how badly they've screwed the pooch on guys like Braun, Drew, and Lashley over the last year. Each of those guys should have been guaranteed hits & surefire challengers for Lesnar. 

Lashley sucks, but people wanted Brock vs. Lashley for whatever bizarre reason, so I agree they screwed that up when it was still a viable option.

12 hours ago, Strummer said:

I assume the new plan is saving Braun/Brock for Mania with Braun finally getting the big win. 

I agree. IMO, this was always the plan. I don't see Balor winning.

I suppose we could still get Brock vs. Braun without the title, but I doubt it.

14 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

It was Otis getting himself over. Heavy Machinery is going to RULE.

Glad I wasn't the only one who had a great laugh at Otis' random appearance. I legit haven't laughed his loud at something WWE in a while. Heavy Machinery will be massively over with the audience. I feel like they're gonna mostly be a comedy act but yet, I can see them have a run ala Too Cool where they could also be tag champs at one point, without being the focus of the division for a long time.

So, Heavy Machinery = Bushwackers 2.0?

Not a knock, as the Bushwackers had years of success, probably made a shitload of money, and became actual stars, all without sacrificing their bodies as much as they did when they were the Sheepherders. 

Sort of. They are indeed very kid friendly, with a straight man/cuckoolander dynamic, but they can go in the ring and both are actually really young, so both have room to improve.

Tucker was actually part of the Greatest Royal Rumble, so it seems they trust him enough to be on his own. Otis is just the greatest.

Like Edger said, you can give them a good title run, without making them the focus of the division. While comedy acts are not necessarily a bad thing - New Day is legit one of the best tag teams ever and only got over as much as they did after they became a comedy act - they still aren't that skilled.

Still, me and @Zoo Enthusiast probably are the happiest ones with those call-ups.