Pro Wrestling Only

WWE T.V 1/21 - 1/27. The last gasp to the Royal Rumble

Captain Redneck

Oh, Ronda is absolutely a Sasha stan - which could actually be a dope storyline if you ask me.

Considering how much of a big match player Banks is, and how much of a phenom in the business Ronda is turning out to be, it's safe  to say there is no worries about the match, nor that there's beef.

Btw, if Daniel Bryan calling out boomers (Vince included) yesterday isn't an indication he has creative control over pretty much all his programs, I don't knos what is.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sasha didn't say she wanted to leave the company or anything of the sort. This just comes from dirtsheets seeing her praising The Revival on Twitter when there's rumours of them requesting their release and leaping to the most sensationalist conclusion. She signed a long-term contract with WWE last summer. 

The stuff between her and Ronda is 100% kayfabe.

On paper, this looks like it might be the best Rumble ever? 

In terms of title matches, Styles/Bryan, Lesnar/Balor, Banks/Rousey, and Becky/Asuka are all intriguing. It will be interesting to see the match order on the show as I could see Styles/Bryan opening, which just goes to show how stacked this card is. Its one thing if that feud didn't have heat (like Ambrose/Rollins last month or Styles/Nakamura from last spring), but its plenty over.

Unless Becky pulls double-duty, I'm thinking Charlotte is the favorite for the Women's Rumble and makes her intentions clear that she's going for Rousey soon after. I'm not sure how Becky gets inserted, but she will be. I envision them basically doing the WM30 build with Becky as Bryan. Then, on the SD side of things, the challenge for Asuka will come from the Elimination Chamber - which is kind of a great problem to have. Between now and Mania, there is plenty of time for a Ruby Riot, Lacey Evans, or Nikki Cross to score a fluke win in the Chamber and play mind games with Asuka. Rousey/Lynch/Charlotte at Mania is going to be your "big name" spectacle match - but what an opportunity you're left with to make the SD match something really fresh and different.

In the Men's Rumble, I'm picking Braun...but tomorrow I might say Rollins. Its 50/50 between them IMO, with Cena likely surviving until the final 3-4 before exiting. Despite it being a two-horse race, its still intriguing to me. If you go with Braun, I"m not sure what Rollins does at Mania unless they move him over to SmackDown and challenge Bryan - an idea I hate to even put out there as possibly happening. If Rollins wins, you can build another opponent for Braun - maybe McIntyre? - but Strowman's credibility will have taken yet another big hit. 

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

This iteration of Bryan is an excellent heel character but he's also a massive babyface to me haha

Me being a Vegan and Hippy that I am, He the babyface to me. The only thing I wish about this angle with AJviscif he didn't with the title so quick but thats how the turn worked I guess. I'm excited about the WWE title and both womens title matches and I because i'm not really sure who will each Rumble match they should be good in that respect. I think Bliss could win the Women's Rumble if I had to pick.

4 hours ago, Kadaveri said:

Sasha didn't say she wanted to leave the company or anything of the sort. This just comes from dirtsheets seeing her praising The Revival on Twitter when there's rumours of them requesting their release and leaping to the most sensationalist conclusion. She signed a long-term contract with WWE last summer. 

The stuff between her and Ronda is 100% kayfabe.

Yeah, I'm not saying Sasha wants to leave or has legit heat, just that she's coming off as trying way too hard to convince people of that on Twitter. 

4 hours ago, DMJ said:

Styles/Bryan, Lesnar/Balor, Banks/Rousey, and Becky/Asuka

Usually Royal Rumble seems to have a lot of throwaway matches because the Royal Rumble match itself is the draw. That definitely is not the case this year! These matches on paper look better than probably what we will end up getting for Wrestlemania. I'm genuinely excited for Sunday. 

There's only three Pay-Per-Views that I still go out of my way to make sure that I don't miss: Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble & Wrestle Kingdom. They all still feel really special. I'm loving the card for Sunday. 

I haven't watched a full WWE main roster show since last year's Rumble - unless you count Evolution. But yeah. I'm here for this show. Looks soopah solid on paper.

I realize it's only January, but no Seth singles match automatically makes this a strong contender for WWE Card of the Year.

... Now watch them fuck it all up by booking this Ace of White Noise Wrestling to go the distance & win the Rumble.

Might as well get ready for 60 minutes of hissing and knee-slapping, while the crowd pays more attention to the buzzer sounds and counting down.

... So basically just a repeat of Seth's AWFUL Iron Man match from last year, where people cared more about anything & everything else besides what he was doing.

1 hour ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Guess those promo skills are maybe as good as they're ever going to be, as it sounds like Mania is it for Rousey in WWE, and that has always been the plan since she signed, per Dave 

yep Dave says that Ronda will be finishing up with WWE at mania.  Ric Flair was right last year.

well Becky is def. going over.  I think she would have even if Ronda was staying

15 hours ago, SomethingSavage said:

I haven't watched a full WWE main roster show since last year's Rumble - unless you count Evolution. But yeah. I'm here for this show.

Yeah, it's a new year, so whatever, let's try this *again*. I'm gonna do the way to Mania (big PPV only, who am I kidding), if only because I'm interested in watching the big women's matches (and that's pretty much it, honestly). Then in the Spring they'll do another Saudi bullshit show and I'm gonna get disgusted again and drop this shit down the drain again probably... Oh, I'm not paying for it anyway. Gonna kill time until AEW becomes a thing.