Pro Wrestling Only

WWE T.V 1/21 - 1/27. The last gasp to the Royal Rumble

Captain Redneck

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL @ thinking Ronda will be putting over anyone but Charlotte on the way out.

If the Fox deal really was predicated on Ronda being part of the package, then either WWE fraudulently misrepresented her contract status during negotiations or Fox gave away a billion dollars without conducting due diligence. I'm not sure which would be more insane.

The Fox dimension is interesting. WWE could well have signed Rousey to a longer deal but with an opt-out after a year or something, thus providing a loophole where they could tell Fox that she was under contract until 2021 or whatever. 

I'm kind of skeptical that Fox would have paid a billion dollars just for her though, as opposed to just wanting live content. If networks are throwing money at the likes of XFL and whatever the fuck this other football league is, £1 billion for two hours of weekly live content doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility Rousey or no Rousey.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/details-ronda-rousey-not-leaving-wwe/#.XEn9IVX7SUl

This seems to suggest that she'd be taking more of a hiatus as opposed to being completely done. The timeline here, her asking for time off around Survivor Series and them agreeing to write her off at Mania, would put them into the clear in terms of Fox. At least, it would suggest that WWE weren't outright working them.

Apparently Ric Flair said a few months back that Rousey was done after Mania but he could have misinterpreted that info and passed it on to Dave or whatever. I would certainly be hugely surprised if Mania was the last time we see her working a match.

That's my take as well. I think she legit loves this but at the same time, starting a family is so important to her so I could see her go on hiatus and return later. Besides, I think I heard Travis Browne, her husband, say that he'd like to give it a shot himself so they might come back together or something.

Ronda is absolutely a fan, so considering how much she can do with this frankly great roster, it's doubtful she's going to stop after just one AMAZING year. At the same time, starting a family is a very serious decision and she should have time for herself, Travis and her future child(ren) - it's not like she can't provide for them.

Also, heard that Kacy Catanzaro is going to be in the Rumble. Honestly I doubt she would even need NXT that much - if she does like 3 batshit crazy stunts, she's going to get over right away.

2 hours ago, KawadaSmile said:

Also, heard that Kacy Catanzaro is going to be in the Rumble. Honestly I doubt she would even need NXT that much - if she does like 3 batshit crazy stunts, she's going to get over right away.

She's done some NXT Florida loop shows, and everything I've heard puts her in the "I can't believe she's this good already" category.  She probably should be in NXT for at least a short period to make sure she's got WWE TV Match Style down before going to the main roster, but if she comes out for the Rumble and puts on a show I can see her get fast tracked.

It's also pretty amazing that WWE blatantly false advertised not only Brock/Braun but also Cena in the Rumble (he was supposed to get taken out by Lars), but that it failed in what it was supposed to do with only 30,000 tickets sold for a stadium set up for 40,000. 

Couldn't believe the hysteria over Ronda today. She genuinely loves Pro Wrestling but it was always going to be a chapter in her life and not her life. I've a lot of mutual friends with Ronda. While Ronda wants to be a mother in her lifetime motherhood after Wrestlemania is a more Travis Browne thing than Ronda's. And a promise to him. Ronda isn't a normal person - read her autobiography and watch her Youtube channel. She's a mix between Mike Tyson and Britney Spears. Her life is run by her husband, mother, her management team and WWE. Not really her.

10 hours ago, sek69 said:

It's also pretty amazing that WWE blatantly false advertised not only Brock/Braun but also Cena in the Rumble (he was supposed to get taken out by Lars), but that it failed in what it was supposed to do with only 30,000 tickets sold for a stadium set up for 40,000. 

Cena's still in the Rumble, no? 

EDIT: Oh, I see. I thought the reported idea was for Lars to eliminate Cena, not take him out before the PPV. Fair enough.

5 hours ago, rovert said:

She's a mix between Mike Tyson and Britney Spears. Her life is run by her husband, mother, her management team and WWE. Not really her.

That's pretty sad. It's also pretty ironic. #empowerment, ya know…

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

I also can't believe that wrestling fans would react and be interested in reports that WWE's top star was going to leave after a year when we were told she signed a multi-year deal.

And really, the FOX deal ?

Good thing is, the Saudis probably don't care too much that she won't be available for their next Greatest Whatever show, so there's that.

I don't know who is going to win the Royal Rumble but right now my speculation is either Seth Rollins or Drew McIntyre. Maybe an outside chance for Bobby Lashley? I would love to see Elias win it but that doesn't make a whole lot of sense heading into Wrestlemania. 

10 hours ago, RingoPlaysDrums said:

Cena's still in the Rumble, no? 

EDIT: Oh, I see. I thought the reported idea was for Lars to eliminate Cena, not take him out before the PPV. Fair enough.

Lars was supposed to injure Cena on Raw prior to the Rumble, which would take him off the show and set up their program for Mania. Cena was only back this time to do TVs and not the PPV.

I definitely was under the impression that Cena was going to be in the Rumble. I don't watch the weekly shows, so did they announce him as being in it a few weeks back and then, when the Lars angle fell through, come up with some other reason why he wouldn't be in the Rumble? Or was he never officially announced? I think I saw a clip where he was attacked by Drew McIntyre - was that the replacement angle?

Not that there's going to be a full on mutiny or anything, but there will be some unhappy fans and kids (especially) in attendance who believe he's going to be there and when he's not in at #29 and then at #30, will be upset about it.

I'm hearing the news for the first time today that he's not going to be on the show and I'm upset about it just because I assumed we'd get a hint as to what his Mania match would be on Sunday. Nothing I've heard necessarily excites me aside from a potential rematch with Bryan.

Yes on TV they said he was "questionable" after hurting his ankle training, but in the Observer the plan was laid out where the idea was Cena was only brought back to do TV building the Rumble and Lars was going to kill him to take him out of the match.

Also glad to see Roman doing well, but not looking forward to the truthers out there latching on to him doing a movie as some kind of proof that his illness was a work.