Pro Wrestling Only

WWE T.V 1/21 - 1/27. The last gasp to the Royal Rumble

Captain Redneck

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, sek69 said:

Yes on TV they said he was "questionable" after hurting his ankle training, but in the Observer the plan was laid out where the idea was Cena was only brought back to do TV building the Rumble and Lars was going to kill him to take him out of the match.

Also glad to see Roman doing well, but not looking forward to the truthers out there latching on to him doing a movie as some kind of proof that his illness was a work.

Oh, that's already started. The Instagram post by WWE about it is full of those morons right now.

2 hours ago, rovert said:

I don't get this attitude on here. It is 2019. We are in the Twitter era. The divide between wrestler and fan has never been closer. 

It's not the issue.

The issue is you trying to put yourself over constantly as being super connected and having tons of friends in the business. No one gives a fuck. If you want to report news because you have good sources, that's cool. But you come off pretty obnoxious with your constant "Hey, I'm such a good friend with so and so" stuff. Kinda like Conrad Thompson comes off like a giant douchebag with his constant bragging of owning this robe and that belt and shit. That's pretty much what annoys people around here, I think... 

1 hour ago, El-P said:

It's not the issue.

The issue is you trying to put yourself over constantly as being super connected and having tons of friends in the business. No one gives a fuck. If you want to report news because you have good sources, that's cool. But you come off pretty obnoxious with your constant "Hey, I'm such a good friend with so and so" stuff. 

He comes off like he's a 15-year-old trying to impress classmates. It's really pathetic. "My dad works for Nintendo!"

On 1/31/2019 at 8:33 PM, El-P said:

It's not the issue.

The issue is you trying to put yourself over constantly as being super connected and having tons of friends in the business. No one gives a fuck. If you want to report news because you have good sources, that's cool. But you come off pretty obnoxious with your constant "Hey, I'm such a good friend with so and so" stuff. Kinda like Conrad Thompson comes off like a giant douchebag with his constant bragging of owning this robe and that belt and shit. That's pretty much what annoys people around here, I think... 

It is very much the issue. 

This tweet is giving a fuck.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:03 PM, Coffey said:

He comes off like he's a 15-year-old trying to impress classmates. It's really pathetic. "My dad works for Nintendo!"

That only seems to be the case here. Most fans I know are similar to be honest. Again the gap between fan and wrestler has never been closer. I might know more wrestlers and office people than most but it is something honestly I fell into and never solicited. 

I don't understand pretending I don't know something when I do.

40 minutes ago, rovert said:

It is very much the issue. 

Wow. So either you absolutely refuse to understand the point on purpose just to aggravate people on this board, or you're just dense as all fuck.

41 minutes ago, rovert said:

This tweet is giving a fuck.

What the fuck does that even means ?

41 minutes ago, rovert said:

I might know more wrestlers and office people than most but it is something honestly I fell into and never solicited. 

Wow (again). Have a cookie.

I understand.

If you didn't give a fuck you wouldn't be posting about it

Again I don't see any of this to be jealous of, to be mad about or a point of discussion. Just Pro Wrestling in 2019. If you don't know or understand I guess the business or indies Wrestling or how wrestlers operate or get ahead or market themselves has past you by. 

TBF I don't think anyone's jealous here. You do seem to have a habit of frequently mentioning how connected you are, and some folks might be tired of hearing it.  It keeps becoming a point of discussion because you keep inserting it into conversations and are continually surprised when people have the same response to it.  

9 hours ago, rovert said:

Again I don't see any of this to be jealous of, to be mad about or a point of discussion.

Holy shit. Let me spell it for you again.

N.O.B.O.D.Y. G.I.V.E.S. A .F.U.C.K.

Nobody's jealous. Nobody's mad. People just find your ways unbearable because of the way you make yourself seemingly so important everytime you say something. At this point, "I'm friend with X" and "Wrestlers and fans have never been so close, if you don't get it you don't get pro-wrestling in 2019" is akin to "Me and my odd tastes". How do you like Volk Han ?

for fuck's sake… get over yourself...

(the micro echo-chamber thingy favorized by social media really makes people dense as all fuck. Future isn't bright people.)

On 2/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, sek69 said:

TBF I don't think anyone's jealous here. You do seem to have a habit of frequently mentioning how connected you are, and some folks might be tired of hearing it.  It keeps becoming a point of discussion because you keep inserting it into conversations and are continually surprised when people have the same response to it.  

Nah the hyper focus is something other than rational. The most obvious conclusion is this weird sense of jealousy. Which personally I don't understand. Yet you guys kept harping on it.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:09 AM, NintendoLogic said:

We don't have a problem with you talking about your connections when it's germane to the discussion. The issue is gratuitous namedropping that serves no purpose beyond putting yourself over. Like when you mentioned, apropos of absolutely nothing, that you shared mutual friends with Ronda.

People obviously do have a problem hence why it keeps coming up and all the previous posts in this thread are about me rather than the topic or product.

I could share bigger information if I wanted to put myself over.

On 2/3/2019 at 3:43 AM, SomethingSavage said:

He needs you to know he "knows" people. To be fair, it's actually probably the LEAST annoying part of his shtick.

It's okay though, guys. Because I had breakfast with my good friend Becky Lynch this morning & she agrees. His cryptic, impossible-to-decipher posts are the shits anyway.

I don't after all these years and stories I've broken it should be clear. It is very old news.

I am not good friends with Becky Lynch. 

On 2/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, El-P said:

Holy shit. Let me spell it for you again.

N.O.B.O.D.Y. G.I.V.E.S. A .F.U.C.K.

Nobody's jealous. Nobody's mad. People just find your ways unbearable because of the way you make yourself seemingly so important everytime you say something. At this point, "I'm friend with X" and "Wrestlers and fans have never been so close, if you don't get it you don't get pro-wrestling in 2019" is akin to "Me and my odd tastes". How do you like Volk Han ?

for fuck's sake… get over yourself...

(the micro echo-chamber thingy favorized by social media really makes people dense as all fuck. Future isn't bright people.)

If no one gives a fuck it would be thing people here posted about. Talk about a self defeating post. If you or other don't give a fuck take it for what it is and don't comment and move on. It is what I would do.

Sorry but it is 2019. The distance between wrestler and fan is closer than ever. If you don't grasp that the business has past you by.

On 2/3/2019 at 3:09 PM, Blehschmidt said:

I like to judge my gimmick posters based on realism in comparison to Volk Han.

But seriously, maybe if we acknowledge he is really important, he'll move along?

I am not a gimmick.

Again I am not important. I don't get how precious people are being. There's fans close to this forum who are more connected than me or at least more connect to certain areas of the industry.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

Fuck me. AGAIN THIS ? You're on auto-repeat now.

Yes as I logged in after a week into a bunch of posts struggling with the idea that modern day Wrestlers are people and Wrestling fans too.

Baffled why this is an outrage. Strike up a conversation on social media or in person it ain't hard.  

1 minute ago, rovert said:

Yes I logged into a bunch of posts struggling with the idea that modern day Wrestlers are people and Wrestling fans too.

Ok. At this point you're just being dense on purpose. The only one struggling about anything here is you struggling with the notion that your attitude on the board (aka putting yourself over while at the same time denying you're doing so) is why people get really annoyed. That's it.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

Ok. At this point you're just being dense on purpose. The only one struggling about anything here is you struggling with the notion that your attitude on the board (aka putting yourself over while at the same time denying you're doing so) is why people get really annoyed. That's it.

I only have an attitude towards people who have an attitude towards me. Letting go of the idea that knowing Pro Wrestlers in 2019 is putting yourself over. It is really a bizzare notion elsewhere online.