WWE Hall of Fame 2019

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the female inductee will pretty much suck until you get to the current generation. Well, they could get Luna in I guess, but I would doubt it. None of the Rougeaus are in, neither is Martel yet. What do they have against quebecers anyway ?

Vince & Jacques Rougeau have bad blood between them so this could explain why the Rougeaus aren't in yet (hell, at least, they could induct Johnny Rougeau in the Legacy wing); in Rick Martel's case, it might be a case of them waiting to be in the Minneapolis area or something (given his AWA ties) to induct him. Other than that, I don't know why the only Quebecer in the HOF is Mad Dog Vachon so far.

3 hours ago, El-P said:

All the female inductee will pretty much suck until you get to the current generation.

Sherri, Moolah, Mae Young, Wendi Richter, Sunny, Trish, Lita, Alundra Blaze, Jackie, Mildred Burke, Beth Phoenix, June Byers, Judy Grable, Ivory & Cora Combs are the only women in the WWE Hall of Fame, unless I missed one.

Elizabeth isn't in there & she was huge for WWE. So was Cyndi Lauper for the Celebrity Wing. There's still women like Victoria or Molly Holly that could go in, or Rockin' Robin. WWE probably isn't chomping at the bit to put in Sable but she's not there yet & she was a bigger deal than Torrie. What about Bull Nakano or The Jumping Bomb Angels? Especially now that WWE just re-added Women's Tag Titles?

Hell, I would argue Melina, Michelle McCool & Jazz are more worthy than Torrie Wilson.

If they're going specifically for non-working women, that played a valet role, Terri Runnels/Alexandra York/Marlena had a bigger wrestling history. 

We sure this isn't just because Torrie did Playboy, still looks good & dated A-Rod? Because I'm really struggling to find a reason why, even if she's well-liked, WWE made this decision.

For whatever reason (probably the fact I don't give a flying fuck about the HOF), I thought Molly was in already. 

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Elizabeth isn't in there & she was huge for WWE.

They should induct her and Lex Luger the same year, if only to try make us forget about that awful piece they did back then... 

No japanese woman not named Asuka is going in. Bull worked like two matches in the company.

Victoria. Well, I guess she's going in eventually. Watching her in TNA in the late 00's exposes her so badly as a worker though, I'm sure she looked like "das worker" in the WWE in the mid 00's, but man, she was not very good at all.

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:

If they're going specifically for non-working women, that played a valet role, Terri Runnels/Alexandra York/Marlena had a bigger wrestling history. 

You don't say. I loved Marlena/Terri. They should just induct Goldust & Marlena, really, the perfect match.

Dawn Marie would be awkward. "Hey, we fired you when you were pregnant, 'member ?" #womensevolution

On 3/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, Coffey said:

Sherri, Moolah, Mae Young, Wendi Richter, Sunny, Trish, Lita, Alundra Blaze, Jackie, Mildred Burke, Beth Phoenix, June Byers, Judy Grable, Ivory & Cora Combs are the only women in the WWE Hall of Fame, unless I missed one.

Elizabeth isn't in there & she was huge for WWE. So was Cyndi Lauper for the Celebrity Wing. There's still women like Victoria or Molly Holly that could go in, or Rockin' Robin. WWE probably isn't chomping at the bit to put in Sable but she's not there yet & she was a bigger deal than Torrie. What about Bull Nakano or The Jumping Bomb Angels? Especially now that WWE just re-added Women's Tag Titles?

Hell, I would argue Melina, Michelle McCool & Jazz are more worthy than Torrie Wilson.

We sure this isn't just because Torrie did Playboy, still looks good & dated A-Rod? Because I'm really struggling to find a reason why, even if she's well-liked, WWE made this decision.

I’d actually argue Paige would be also be a viable candidate, especially now she’s retired. The first NXT women’s champ, the youngest divas champ, bridged the gap between the divas era and the current ‘women’s evolution’, was actually good as a gm, has a film out now about her life and career. Even the Alberto stuff can be explained away easily as her conquering her ‘demons’.

The Bellas are obviously going to go in one day too.

The honest truth is they want a woman in every HOF class (standalone so Chyna in DX wouldn't count in this case) and Vince probably was reminded Torrie exists by her coming back for all the women first stuff. Plus her having a NY connection due to dating A-Rod.  It will always boggle the mind  that anyone gets BIG MAD about anything WWE HOF related.

34 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It will always boggle the mind  that anyone gets BIG MAD about anything WWE HOF related.

In order of importance the real criteria for induction is if you’re not on the McMahon shit-list, if they can make money/media attention off of you getting in, or if you made an undeniable impact on the industry. 

While I don't exactly see her being announced any time soon, Bull Nakano was a full-blown member of the roster for several months. If I got to see her work a half-filled Columbus Convention Center at a 1995 house show, she probably worked more than two matches. B)

As far as Japanese women...going by the Tatsumi Fujinami precedent, I think there's a non-zero chance they work out some deal with Satomura if they ever try to buy out or form a relationship with Sendai Girls. Again, I wouldn't say either of these are likely, just that they're possibilities.

45 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

While I don't exactly see her being announced any time soon, Bull Nakano was a full-blown member of the roster for several months. If I got to see her work a half-filled Columbus Convention Center at a 1995 house show, she probably worked more than two matches. B)

As far as Japanese women...going by the Tatsumi Fujinami precedent, I think there's a non-zero chance they work out some deal with Satomura if they ever try to buy out or form a relationship with Sendai Girls. Again, I wouldn't say either of these are likely, just that they're possibilities.

Along these lines, I think Tenryu is a serious contender since they pretty much make the criteria for this up as they go. Undefeated at WrestleMania, worked two Rumbles, and was part of the death of the Undertaker fiasco. 

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

The Harlem Heat is in, baby!

So Booker T will be joining Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels as the only 2x inductees? 

Not saying that Harlem Heat aren’t deserving (even though Stevie Ray was the worst) but I guess inducting people multiple times is one way to solve the issue of the candidate pool drying up in the future!

Harlem Heat was arguably the most dominant team in WCW in the mid-90s. The only thing surprising about this is inducting them in New York (although they were billed from Harlem so in theory, that makes sense.). So I take it that the Hart Foundation won't make it this year after all.

46 minutes ago, SirEdger said:

Harlem Heat was arguably the most dominant team in WCW in the mid-90s. The only thing surprising about this is inducting them in New York (although they were billed from Harlem so in theory, that makes sense.). So I take it that the Hart Foundation won't make it this year after all.

What says a lot about the tag division from 1994-1996.

Who's their competition? Nasty Boys, Slater/Buck, Blue Bloods, Bagwell/Scorpio, Stars And Stripes, American Males?

Then nWo happened and Outsiders, Steiners, Faces Of Fear, Sting/Luger, Giant/Luger were the big teams.

Did Harlem Heat ever have a great match? Or a good one?

Not meaning passable or slightly fun, like actually good.

They had some decent matches against guys who could go as well as the Nasties when they were destroying shit backstage, but really, Stevie Ray is easily one of the worst worker I've ever seen and Booker T is ridiculously overrated and probably only peaked in the WWE as King Booker. They pretty much also are responsible for ending Rick Martel's career, as they injured him twice in a row in 1998. 

Conspiracy theory : Bruce has managed to get his friend Booker another HOF check.