flyonthewall2983

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

That was a total clusterfuck and I loved every minute of it. THAT is what a Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame show be like. 

Agreed 100%.  Just finished watching the entire thing and enjoyed the fuck out of all of it.  Bret's speech was fantastic (barring that dumbass who I was glad to hear got knocked the fuck out by Dash Wilder) and I was cracking up over the story with Neidhart and Bundy.  Harlem Heat made for a great speech, and Honky's bit at the end was my kind of absurd.  My favorite was Sue Aitchinson's because she deserved it so much and she had a really nice speech.  Best one in years.

23 minutes ago, Jesse Ewiak said:

So, can we talk about the fact that one of the women who was getting shots in on the moron was Maria Menuonos? 

Watching back I don't see her in any shots.  There is a woman that gets involved near the end of the melee right about as the idiot leaves frame.   Assume that's her?

The ring setup probably shouldn’t have been used purely for the whole “inductees speak with their back to half the audience” thing. Also it’s apparently a safety risk.

To tie a bow on a few things, apparently the dumbfuck is actually somebody who tweets out their delusions (what’s the protocol for the ‘person just wants attention don’t acknowledge such and such’ when the person is likely mentally ill?). And the DF was not happy that Ronda/Becky/Charlotte was main eventing. So, congrats on being punched by Mr. Ronda because you don’t want women in your wrestlemania main event. 

also worth noting a guy with a very similar hat who stood next to Seth Rollins on the ramp back in 2015. So it’s probably really unhelpful for random mentally ill people to beat the security multiple times.

9 hours ago, JerryvonKramer said:

Legitimately the worst class of HoF inductees I've ever seen.

Yet outside of the Bret Hart incident, it was one of the best Hall of Fame shows in years. Admittedly it’s a low bar, but everyone came across really well. 

Torrie especially came off brilliantly, and I actually think WWE ended up doing a good job justifying her inclusion. She knew exactly how good she was (or wasn’t) and didn’t try to pretend otherwise. This class were actually one of the more self aware ones in years.

And I echo the thoughts about the fans. The fans are consistently the worst thing about the event and the incident with Bret Hart being attacked was an absolute disgrace. 

This will end up being the only show I watch this weekend and it was an entertaining enough total shitshow thanks to the fan run-in and brawl, the attempted and failed rehibilitation of old racist Hogan introducing coke-destroyed beefcake and the terrible dx ME SO EDGY “comedy”. But happy to see my main man Stevie Ray letting suckas know that he’s a hall of famer now, fuck the haters, WCW Worldwide represent

edit: forgot the shitshow that was torrie wilson getting time to give a speech to appeal to morons who get their motivation from Instagram quotes and have “live laugh love” hanging on their walls. Total clusterfuck as any wrestling hall of fame should be

Serious thought. I know it’s accepted wrestling protocol and all but Dash Wilder punching the trespasser after he’s been subdued is basically assault. If it turns out the person is mentally ill or something, it’s a really bad look.

Best part is tough guys fans talking about see this is what happens when you mess with THE BOYS, this is the BROTHERHOOD of rasslin and other such shite. If anything it just shows what a bunch of dweebs today’s wrestlers and fans are like it’s 1983 mid south when it’s more like assault on someone with mental issues. Geeks like Dash whoever and Davey Boy jr aren’t to be  praised for getting shots in unless someone gets a hard on for THE BOYS narratives. But at least it broke up Bret robotically reciting lies from a TelePrompter about how much anvil meant to him rather than someone he wanted to get the fuck away from and become a singles wrestler asap

16 minutes ago, Al said:

Serious thought. I know it’s accepted wrestling protocol and all but Dash Wilder punching the trespasser after he’s been subdued is basically assault. If it turns out the person is mentally ill or something, it’s a really bad look.

That was definitely my reaction.  It was basically a sucker punch.

2 hours ago, Downend2005 said:

Yet outside of the Bret Hart incident, it was one of the best Hall of Fame shows in years. Admittedly it’s a low bar, but everyone came across really well. 

Pretty sure Parv, who isn't the most keen on many of the inductees anyway, was talking more about the group of inductees themselves, rather than the show itself.

11 minutes ago, SteveJRogers said:

Pretty sure Parv, who isn't the most keen on many of the inductees anyway, was talking more about the group of inductees themselves, rather than the show itself.

Oh I get that completely, but the point I made still stands. There have been better classes than this one for sure, but it still translated into worse shows. As a viewer, the three hours breezed by and it was an enjoyable show.

3 hours ago, Herodes said:

Best part is tough guys fans talking about see this is what happens when you mess with THE BOYS, this is the BROTHERHOOD of rasslin and other such shite. If anything it just shows what a bunch of dweebs today’s wrestlers and fans are like it’s 1983 mid south when it’s more like assault on someone with mental issues. Geeks like Dash whoever and Davey Boy jr aren’t to be  praised for getting shots in unless someone gets a hard on for THE BOYS narratives. But at least it broke up Bret robotically reciting lies from a TelePrompter about how much anvil meant to him rather than someone he wanted to get the fuck away from and become a singles wrestler asap

Maybe it's just me but Bret wanting to get out of a tag team and advance his singles career 26 years ago doesn't mean he can't look back fondly now and be more reflective on what Jim meant to him now that the guy is dead.

4 hours ago, Herodes said:

But at least it broke up Bret robotically reciting lies from a TelePrompter about how much anvil meant to him rather than someone he wanted to get the fuck away from and become a singles wrestler asap

Yeah, that's a really great point.  There's no way Bret actually had any good feelings about his own brother-in-law, who also happened to be one of his closest friends.  All the nice stuff he's said about The Anvil over the years - including the times Bret got him hired different places - that was totally a work, bro.