Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2019

Ricky Jackson

8 minutes ago, Strummer said:

To elaborate, John Pollock in his update today seemed to be implying that there is a surprise planned for the men's rumble and that the company thinks it's going to get over well.

Seth just seemed too obvious 

I'd die laughing if it was Kenny, even though I know it can't be

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The speculation of Roman being the surprise is kinda... bad, IMO. Let the dude rest. Besides, don't want any leukemia truthers out there expanding the timeline of his disease.

I agree but I think him being announced for the Rock movie made people think he'd be ready to come back

3 minutes ago, Strummer said:

I agree but I think him being announced for the Rock movie made people think he'd be ready to come back

I totally get why people would think that, but I mean, shooting a scene is not even close to returning, even if just for the Rumble.

Considering how much Rock cares for those around him, specially his family, he probably got done with the scene in a couple of days in a location that would be good for Roman. Plus it gives Reigns a nice Hollywood debut.

No reason to expect the BIG DAWG. Although a 2020 return is more within reason.

11 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I'd die laughing if it was Kenny, even though I know it can't be

It can't be because he officially signed with AEW?  I know he has been a few of those little easter egg "look who is here" on the latest Being the Elites but has there been an officially signing?

Other than Kenny possibly showing up, I would think the major surprise entrant would be Velveteen Dream 

48 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Fightful.com is saying the men's rumble is closing the show

and that Becky v Asuka will open the main show

I definitely assumed Becky/Asuka would open so Becky could come back and win the Rumble.  I figured they’d close it with the women for that reason but they must have a huge surprise for the men’s match.

They're pushing on the pre-show that since Truth and Carmella won the Mixed Match Challenge, they get the 30th spot in each rumble. 

The setup looks great. I saw on Twitter that the entrances are coming out of the dugouts, which was always a great look on Puerto Rico baseball stadium shows. 

7 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

If Ali eliminates Joe from the Rumble I'll already feel happy.

Honestly the matchups SD has in the next couple of months are incredible.

I honestly think Ali might have the best shot of winning this of anyone on Smackdown. I expect a Raw superstar to win, but Ali going from 205 Live to Winning the Rumble in about a a month would be a great story.

6 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Daniel Bryan is right, this Chase Field..... thing looks horrendous, and I'm not even a vegetarian.

A recent trend in the US is baseball stadiums is gimmick menu items combining various foods into one giant food item. They all look horrendous. I think it's kinda weird that Bryan is cutting a promo on a food item but he's so good at it I don't really care.

Edited by ...TG
posted the wrong link :(