Pro Wrestling Only

Royal Rumble 2019

Ricky Jackson

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, C.S. said:

Think Kenny Omega is seriously considering going to WWE?

All he has to do is watch Hideo Itami on the pre-show, not even remotely over or consequential, and that will steel his resolve to sign with AEW.

This is a really weird comparison. Itami was a hyped debut who had a lot of injury problems and not many good matches. 

Just now, El Dragon said:

This is a really weird comparison. Itami was a hyped debut who had a lot of injury problems and not many good matches. 

Doesn't change the fact that Itami is a complete non-factor now. Bad luck or not, Kenny could easily find himself a few banana peels away from being in the same spot with WWE.

2 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Yeah, no kidding. He had 2 major injuries in a row and when he had an NXT title match against Bobby fucking Roode, he ended up looking like the worse one of the two.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

People like to point at Buddy Murphy and say he's proof that the 205 lb is pure bs.

I would like to retort and say that Itami is much more solid proof. He's looking pudgier than me and I weight 92kg

He's looking remarkably soft. I feel like he's been awkwardly positioned a few times in this match too.

The "he doesn't speak English" comments are straight out of the Vince Russo playbook. Not sure if you're all criticizing Itami for that or clumsily speaking on behalf of McMahon and Dunne in a way that isn't very obvious.

I think it's a perfectly fine comparison. Itami came in with a lot of hype and credibility. Omega would be coming in with the same, except more magnified because of NJPW's increased stateside exposure. Itami had injuries, bad luck, etc., but it doesn't change the fact that his current position is something no one could have predicted only a few years ago. Omega has to be seeing this (and many other examples like it) and it has to only confirm in his mind that AEW is the right move.

9 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

People like to point at Buddy Murphy and say he's proof that the 205 lb is pure bs.

I would like to retort and say that Itami is much more solid proof. He's looking pudgier than me and I weight 92kg

Stats in wrestling are worked. News at 11.

5 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Yeah, no kidding. He had 2 major injuries in a row and when he had an NXT title match against Bobby fucking Roode, he ended up looking like the worse one of the two.

He was also pretty cooked when he signed in the first place.  The idea that “no one could see him” in this position is dead wrong.

Just now, El-P said:

Well, I must say also I'm glad I'm gonna switch to my TV to French announcing (although not really *live*, as always)…

Honestly, if I could get an Irish announcer who's just recording it on their phone, I'd be great with that.