Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/28 - 02/03 Brazil is covered in mud and blood

KawadaSmile

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They normally wait until after Mania to do call ups, but I would suspect the NXT guys/girls who get Rumble spots are probably the ones in the running to get those call ups when they happen. 

The interesting thing is how they follow up on the Nia thing imo. Was it a one time thing, or was it the start of them trying to normalize intergender wrestling? Even as a one time thing it was a stark change from a company who was known for advising women wrestlers they were interested in to not do them. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

They normally wait until after Mania to do call ups, but I would suspect the NXT guys/girls who get Rumble spots are probably the ones in the running to get those call ups when they happen. 

The interesting thing is how they follow up on the Nia thing imo. Was it a one time thing, or was it the start of them trying to normalize intergender wrestling? Even as a one time thing it was a stark change from a company who was known for advising women wrestlers they were interested in to not do them. 

I don't think intergender wrestling is ever going to be a mainstream thing save for very few exceptions. Ronda squaring up against Triple H was special, and in some ways so was Nia entering the Rumble, but full fledged matches? Doubt it.

As for the follow up, they can just explain that she was trying to exploit the rules by winning and then challenging Asuka/Ronda if she had won.