Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/28 - 02/03 Brazil is covered in mud and blood

KawadaSmile

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, El-P said:

If AEW wants to be different, they really should think twice before signing the first WWE reject that gets available. Not to say they should not touch him, but they absolutely need to *not* be TNA circa 2010.

Dean Ambrose and The Ascension are completely different things. TNA signed up people there were underneath comedy acts and pushed them as main eventers. Signing a main eventer and pushing them as a main eventer is what you want to do.

4 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

Dean Ambrose and The Ascension are completely different things. TNA signed up people there were underneath comedy acts and pushed them as main eventers. Signing a main eventer and pushing them as a main eventer is what you want to do.

Hum... TNA signed Jeff Hardy, who was a main eventer. They signed Mr. Anderson, who was a main eventer (sorta). I agree a big name (sorta, because Ambrose really isn't a *big name* in the grand scheme of things, Jericho and Omega are much bigger names in the pro-wrestling landscape today) jumping from WWE to a fresh AEW is a positive sign you send as far as your product being hot and attractive, but AEW should be careful and really know what they want to do with this kind of guy. As long as they don't sign Jake Hager...

(honestly, the one name AEW needs more than anything is Tessa Blanchard to anchor their women's division)

25 minutes ago, Grimmas said:

The WWE is out of their mind if they add Charlotte to the main event. I won't believe that Metlzer is right here until I see it, because it would be one of their stupidest moves in history.

They really just need to have Becky win, Charlotte beat Asuka, and Sasha/Bayley win the tag titles and end the show with the four horsewoman celebrating with all the gold. You can do your Ronda/Baszler Horsewoman vs these Horsewoman as the program afterwards. If they aren't thinking that, they should be.

As for Dean, that would be kind of a big deal for AEW, wouldn't it? Dean hasn't been great in the WWE for awhile, but Dean was freaking great in FCW and Indies as a promo and character, so I wonder how much of it was the writers and not him. I also wonder if this affects Rene Young in anyway?

To be clear - Meltz has been fairly clear that Ronda + Becky were for sure in the main event, and the conversation has been about Charlotte - apparently the internal logic is it gives both Charlotte and Becky the claim of being the first woman to main even Wrestlemania and some inside believe the match would be better in the ring with Charlotte involved.

I absolutely get the first point - if you're using Ronda to make other people, and you think you can make two people instead of one, that's double the benefit! The balancing question becomes whether adding Charlotte to the match diminishes the extent to which Becky is "made" by it (which comes down to booking, and I don't really trust them to balance stuff at this point). 

The second point is subjective. Charlotte and Becky are generally pretty good in 3 ways; but Ronda hasn't been in one, and I think a focused match with Becky is likely the better bet in the ring (particularly given the quality of the match with Sasha from the Rumble). 

Either way, I don't think it would be an all-time stupid move, as long as the end result is still Becky making Ronda tap and celebrating to end the show.

1 hour ago, Migs said:

Either way, I don't think it would be an all-time stupid move, as long as the end result is still Becky making Ronda tap and celebrating to end the show.

The end result would be Becky making Charlotte tap because they'll want to protect Ronda, so leave Charlotte out of it IMO.

Same as Bryan tapping out Batista instead of the champion Orton at WM30 (which no one cared about at the time and it didn't hurt Bryan at all, but I still thought it was stupid booking). 

3 hours ago, Grimmas said:

The WWE is out of their mind if they add Charlotte to the main event. I won't believe that Metlzer is right here until I see it, because it would be one of their stupidest moves in history.

They really just need to have Becky win, Charlotte beat Asuka, and Sasha/Bayley win the tag titles and end the show with the four horsewoman celebrating with all the gold. You can do your Ronda/Baszler Horsewoman vs these Horsewoman as the program afterwards. If they aren't thinking that, they should be.

As for Dean, that would be kind of a big deal for AEW, wouldn't it? Dean hasn't been great in the WWE for awhile, but Dean was freaking great in FCW and Indies as a promo and character, so I wonder how much of it was the writers and not him. I also wonder if this affects Rene Young in anyway?

I'd prefer Becky and Ronda 1-1, but if they did a Charlotte-Asuka WM rematch no way in hell should Charlotte win again.  Completely unnecessary.  Asuka is finally back on track after losing to Charlotte last year and is way hotter. 

Charlotte is way better as a heel and you can lose the loss to push her further over the edge.

That said, I don't hate the 3 way idea, and it's been built up.  They're smart enough to know Becky is their hottest act right now and Ronda and Charlotte will both be booed out of every segment they're in with her

Signing a guy who was a part of WWE's biggest act of the last few years would be exactly the kind of move AEW should make. It would signal they are for real and making moves to get the biggest name talent they can. 

As far as Ronda/Becky/Charlotte, Dave's been clear that the idead for Mania was always a three way but that was before everything took off the way it did. He said that the logical move is a one on one match with Ronda/Becky since it's clearly what the crowd wants, but he hasn't heard anything to indicate the plans changed yet.

Given the company's MO of forcing what they want over what the fans are begging for, the three way seems like the probable way things will go.

Another thing he mentioned is how both Ronda and Shanya grew to hate MMA fans due to all the shit they got on social media, and while Shanya's ok with it now in wrestling since she's playing a heel, Ronda is still easily shook when a crowd turns on her like they did last night. 

The thing about AEW trying to sign Ambrose is that the dude feels done, not just with WWE, but with wrestling. He clearly doesn't care that much anymore, and how does have someone like him help a rising organization? Imagine they give him more money the WWE did, only for him to half-ass it in the ring.

Would be ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The thing about AEW trying to sign Ambrose is that the dude feels done, not just with WWE, but with wrestling. He clearly doesn't care that much anymore, and how does have someone like him help a rising organization? Imagine they give him more money the WWE did, only for him to half-ass it in the ring.

Would be ridiculous.

True, but the wording of the Torch story seemed to imply he was sick of WWE and what they were doing with his character, and not done with wrestling in general. He does seem to be the kind of guy to pull a CM Punk and just ghost the whole industry though.

31 minutes ago

WWE statement on Dean Ambrose: "Dean Ambrose (Jonathan Good) will not be renewing his contract with WWE when it expires in April. We are grateful and appreciative of all that Dean has given to WWE and our fans. We wish him well and hope that one day Dean will return to WWE.”

has WWE ever released a statement like this so far in advance of a talent leaving?

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

True, but the wording of the Torch story seemed to imply he was sick of WWE and what they were doing with his character, and not done with wrestling in general. He does seem to be the kind of guy to pull a CM Punk and just ghost the whole industry though.

That's hard to do when your wife still works in said industry.

2 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Benoit/HHH/HBK was kind of a big deal until THAT happened.

It was designed as a pass the torch moment with Benoit/Eddy hugging in the confetti capping off the 20th anniversary of Mania, and was pushed as such until....well.