Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Worlds Collide: NXT vs. UK vs. 205

C.S.

Zach Gibson vs. Humberto Carrillo was okay. I was more impressed with Zibson.

I wasn't feeling Drew Gulak vs. Jordan Devlin at all. Maybe it's just me? Cool gear and look for Gulak though. He's come a long way from his "bland science teacher" beginnings in the CWC and early 205 Live.

On the Network show, Dream vs Tyler Bate was really fun finals match.  Right guy won the title shot of the 4 remaining guys.   Probably the best match on the Network part

The 1st and 2nd round matches in the tournament on WWE.com and other places in my opinion had a ton of really good matches.  Go out of your way to see Cedric Alexander vs Tyler Bate match in the 1st round. Why they didn't show that on the Network is baffling.   Dijak had two good matches against TJP and Tyler Bate.    Dream vs Humberto Carillo was really good.   Even matches that really have no thought of being good like Adam Cole vs Shane Thorne delivered.   

How they showed this tournament to me was really stupid showing the battle royal on the Network for the seeding and then showing most of the 1st and 2nd round online about 5 hours before that makes no damn sense. Showing the first match of the round in full on the Network instead of maybe the best match of the round was weird.   No reason you couldn't put the whole tournament on the Network in a correct order

The presentation of this was ridiculous. The battle royal to determine the matches, 1 first round match, and 1 second round match on the network, and all of the rest of the first and second round elsewhere? What the Fuck?

Beyond that stupidity, the matches were for the most part a lot of fun. Tyler Bate is a phenominal talent, able to work with anyone. I thought Gulak/Devlin was a fun little heels trying to one up one another kind of match. I hope they realize what they have with Keith Lee pretty soon. I know he hasn't been there that long, but I already feel like they are wasting him.

As for Humberto Carillo, they must be all in on this kid, as he got the only first round match on the network show, made his 205 debut in a super competitive match against the champion, and I just can't say I'm impressed yet.

Anyway, good concept, good tournament, poorly presented. It would be nice if they would just upload the whole thing in order as it happened.

I didn't see any of this, but I wanted to see if they'd go with Dream in the end - so I scoped out their YouTube channel for the finals results.

Sounds like they were experimenting with different feeds and sources, which seems unnecessarily frustrating for people who'd just like to maybe watch the show like a normal person? I don't know.

Maybe this is the future. Maybe the youth want to jump from platform to platform in order to pursue a cohesive story. But, to a thirty-year old dinosaur like myself, that sounds like a lot of legwork for something that's... Not really worth the work.

Just wait for their answer to Black Mirror, where you get to Choose Your Own Adventure & the next match you watch is based on your previous viewing selection or some shit.

2 hours ago, WingedEagle said:

Is all of this on the network?  

No.

The opening battle royal, 1 match from the first round, 1 match from the second round, the semi finals, and the finals are on the Network.

All of the other first and second round matches are on WWE's YouTube/Facebook/Twitter (your choice)

Your best bet would be to watch the first 2 matches on the Network show, then watch the whole YouTube show, and then finish the show on the Network. That will be the closest you can get to watching the show in order (though I still don't think it's in order)

1 hour ago, Blehschmidt said:

best bet would be to watch the first 2 matches on the Network show, then watch the whole YouTube show, and then finish the show on the Network. That will be the closest you can get to watching the show in order (though I still don't think it's in order)

I seemed to have lost my way & tuned into Tout about halfway through the third quarter of the second semi-finals match.

Orrr am I doing it wrong..?

I only watched the Network show, so the "epic struggle" of Dream wrestling five times in one night didn't really come across to me, despite the commentators hammering it incessantly. 

Maybe they figured a long-ass tournament would be overkill for viewers? Sure, so why can't they figure that out for even longer-ass PPVs?

Because of the weird formatting, I wasn't nearly as invested in this as I normally would've been. Then again, it probably doesn't help that I got spoiled on the winner.

But the right guy won, because what I saw was a 23-year-old kid carrying and surpassing "grizzled veterans" all the way through (on the Network, at least). 

Out of everyone else, Zach Gibson made the biggest impression on me. Humberto was okay. Drew Gulak has a much better look than he did in his CWC/early 205 days, but he's still a bland bore in the ring. Jordan Devlin made no impression on me, so if he's the next big darling, I don't see it. Cole and Bate were fine, as they always are. 

I found it interesting that Adam Cole, the heel, didn't throw a single punch against Tyler Bate while Bate was throwing them at will. I couldn't help but think of when JR was on Austin's podcast and said that if he were running a promotion, he'd fine any babyface that threw the first punch in a match.

Also, Jordan Devlin needs better entrance music. His current theme is way too low energy (sad!).

On 2/4/2019 at 1:38 AM, C.S. said:

Out of everyone else, Zach Gibson made the biggest impression on me.

Zack really gets it. Listen to the next podcast you see with him being interviewed he talks like a Danielson or a Chris Hero. Complete student of the business. Runs a Wrestling school in Liverpool. So he is drilling the basics and thinking about Wrestling all the time. 

Besides the weird out of order match sequencing Worlds Collide was a super consistent watch. The biggest shame is that seemingly no one watched it. Social media wise it was a ghost town and this is the only forum I've seen that discussed on any real level.

16 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

PWO is hip after all! 

I don't understand the hostility. 

No I am really glad to read people's thoughts after watching 4 hours of Pro Wrestling. Especially with Larry Csonka out of commission and getting his leg amputated unable to review it. So used to him reviewing everything. 

Just now, rovert said:

No I am really glad to read people's thoughts after watching 4 hours of Pro Wrestling. Especially with Larry Csonka out of commission and get his leg amputated unable to review it. So used to him reviewing everything. 

Hopefully Larry has a swift recovery and plows through rehab and PT like a champ.  His absence these last few weeks has been huge.  

1 minute ago, WingedEagle said:

Hopefully Larry has a swift recovery and plows through rehab and PT like a champ.  His absence these last few weeks has been huge.  

Wasn't the be all and end all opinion wise - my opinions matched his typically don't get wrong. But at the very least his reviews were a decent screener in era of a endless hours of content each week. Especially if you were behind on it even by a day or two.

More importantly a really nice guy outside of all this Wrestling nonsense. 

2 hours ago, rovert said:

No I am really glad to read people's thoughts after watching 4 hours of Pro Wrestling. Especially with Larry Csonka out of commission and getting his leg amputated unable to review it. So used to him reviewing everything. 

rovert, if you found that post hostile then I think you've got a persecution complex or something 

1 hour ago, Ricky Jackson said:

rovert, if you found that post hostile then I think you've got a persecution complex or something 

Nah your trolling intention was obvious. 

Contribute to the thread or go away please. Your sole post in this thread has nothing to do with the topic and is a deeply offbase attack that you seem to what to defend as it backfired. 

I really like this forum when it is on topic and not attacking me just because. 

I apologize that this is my first post in the wrestling folder in months. It seems inappropriate to come here just to chime in on this particular case. But the arguing has to stop. I ask everyone to assume the best in intentions and also try not to pick fights. Please? I'd prefer not to remove anyone from the board and hope that doesn't become necessary. If it does, I will.

5 hours ago, rovert said:

Wasn't the be all and end all opinion wise - my opinions matched his typically don't get wrong. But at the very least his reviews were a decent screener in era of a endless hours of content each week. Especially if you were behind on it even by a day or two.

More importantly a really nice guy outside of all this Wrestling nonsense. 

Exactly -- he watches a ton, churns out reviews and is a vital reference when looking to filter what I watch.  I don't know him at all but everything I've seen from and about him online suggests he's a good guy.  Hopefully he and the family pull through this.

17 hours ago, paul sosnowski said:

Rovert, how would you suggest that your fellow board members, the moderators and administrators should deal with you?

How about not derailing topics out of the blue and contributing towards thread topics would be a start as Ricky Jackson did here? Ricky hasn't posted anything about Worlds Collide.

I am not the problem nor am I being verbally abusive.