Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/04 - 02/10 Bolsonaro is all abouth death squads baby

KawadaSmile

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Afro Steel said:

Following Rusev around on social media and other non-WWE-contained environments (i.e. Sheamus' YouTube channel) really drives home how WWE stifles a lot of the naturally charismatic and humorous people they've got on hand just because it doesn't quite jive with Vince's vision of what comedy is.

Agreed, he's a major highlight of Total Divas when he's on.

Watching angle from raw last night and at the rumble and most of his run he has been completely fucked. He blew up coming to the ring at the rumble and he looks like he's about to have a heart attack at any moment. Given that WWE seem fairly strict on the health of their wrestlers I wonder how kurt passed the physical this time. 

I love Rusev. He's pretty much been my favorite guy in WWE for a couple of years now. Back to when we were still doing those Fav Five in that thread (that I can't find anymore, loved that thread). Maybe Lana is drama backstage & that hinders him? Who knows. He's a great performer & no matter what shit they saddle him with, he seems to always get over. I was just tweeting about him yesterday, actually. Also realized I was sad because I can never see Rusev Vs. Umaga. That match would have banged.

Lana definitely comes off as a ditz on social media, but doesn't seem like she'd be overly dramatic backstage about this stuff.

Wasn't the scuttlebutt years ago that Vince didn't think Rusev was good looking enough to be with someone like Lana? Even if true, 2019 Rusev looks a lot sharper than 2014/15 Rusev.

Rusev is a handsome, sharp-looking guy who carries himself with a certain charm & wit.

Dolph is a loud, obnoxious dude-bro with tired bleached-blonde hair and a gigantic Sid chin. Plus he constantly chomps gum, looking like a slack-jawed cow who's trying way too hard to act laid back.

Call me crazy, but I can't imagine Lana has ever had an easier decision in her entire adult life.

Vince secretly crushing on Dolph is funny to me though. There's an alternate universe out there, where Vince still sits in on commentary & gushingly gets the vapors for Dolph like it's 1996 HBK all over again.

9 hours ago, FMKK said:

I kind of enjoyed Alexa lusting over EC3 in their segment last night. I wouldn't be against them making that a pairing, although he seems like a natural heel and they want to push her as a face at the minute.

yeah I also wonder if Alexa acting more "sexual" in that segment last night was in response to the Scarlett character gaining some popularity in TNA

1 hour ago, Afro Steel said:

Lana definitely comes off as a ditz on social media, but doesn't seem like she'd be overly dramatic backstage about this stuff.

Wasn't the scuttlebutt years ago that Vince didn't think Rusev was good looking enough to be with someone like Lana? Even if true, 2019 Rusev looks a lot sharper than 2014/15 Rusev.

I wouldn't say he's my type but I can see why people would find Rusev attractive. He's handsome and he's charismatic and his accent is nice. Not that it should matter to anyone what he looks like if she wants to be with him.

What a bizarre working environment. 

Yeah basically the company viewed them getting married while split up on TV as them saying "fuck you" to the attempts to split them up (and to be fair it sure seemed like that was the intent in how they announced it via social media). Since the company is run by a 70+ year old stuck in a high school mentality, they've gone out of their way to make sure Rusev never gets above a certain level since. 

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

I wouldn't say he's my type but I can see why people would find Rusev attractive.

Of course he is.

And fuck me, he scored Lana (yeah, I know how awful that sentence sounds, but I use it on purpose because we're talking about the twisted perception that a guy like him *shouldn't be* with woman like that coming from the office they both work for), so how's that for being attractive and charismatic ?

To be fair (kinda) to WWE, they've long viewed relationships based on each person's status on the card rather than attractiveness. Like, they probably didn't like a guy they saw as midcard at best was with someone they thought could be a star. The old "why would Baby Doll be with Sam Houston when she could get with a star like me" mentality. 

15 minutes ago, FMKK said:

But it's so bizarre that they even thought she could be a bigger star than him other than Vince being horny for her

Not really. He was a foreign heel originally, which is a gimmick that has always had a shelf life.

She's a blonde bombshell who has been in major mainstream movies like Pitch Perfect.

Why they continue to misuse and marginalize Rusev now that they know he has more range is another story though. I got nothin' there.

44 minutes ago, MikeCampbell said:

So, have they actually acknowledged what "EC3" stands for, or is everyone just supposed to more or less know and/or accept it?

Kind of, in NXT they would say he comes from a wealthy family and most of their fanbase knew what it meant. Obviously that won't translate to the main roster so it's going to be interesting how they explain it now.