SECWLogo.jpg

AWA Southeastern Championship

Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday Feb 23, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher
Interviews: Rick Stewart

(Show intro rolls and then go to the set with Charlie Platt and Les Thatcher)

Platt: Hello and welcome once again to Southeastern Championship Wrestling and Les, we have some very huge announcements this week right here on tv."

Thatcher: "Charlie, we certainly do as it's been a exciting week for sure."

Platt: "Well, first and foremost we'd like to announce that Southeastern Championship Wrestling has withdrawn from the National Wrestling Alliance and we are now a part of the AWA!"

Thatcher: "That is huge news Charlie, and now there will be some changes in the air as we transition over to the American Wrestling Association."

Platt: "That's for sure and one of the first things we can announce is that the Southeastern Heavyweight Championship is now vacant…..the previous champion chose to stay with the NWA so that title is now vacant and a new champion will be crowned tomorrow in Pensacola, Florida."

Thatcher: "Charlie, some of the biggest names in professional wrestling are coming in for this tournament to compete for the Southeastern Heavyweight Championship."

Platt: "That's exactly right beyond some of the stars you've come to know and love…..you're going to see stars like the Junkyard Dog, Johnny Rich, and the one and only 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair."

Thatcher: "In fact, Ric Flair will be here in the studio today and we'll hear from him a little later on in this very program."

Platt: "Yes, we'll see Ric Flair in action, we'll also see the Alabama Heavyweight Champion Jacques Rougeau in action, and in our main event we'll see the Midnight Express, Dennis Condrey and Randy Rose defend the Southeastern Tag Team titles against Scott and Steve Armstrong."

SECWTVCap.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCH #1:
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Randy Watson after a running bulldog

Post Match Interview w/Rick Stewart:

Rick: "Wendell, you've been signed to compete tomorrow in Pensacola for the AWA Southeastern Championship, in the first round you'll be taking on the dangerous man from the Orient….Mr. Pogo."

Wendell: "You said it right Rick Stewart, Mr. Pogo is a very sadistic and dangerous man…..and even more dangerous when you know that Sonny King is in his corner but I can promise these fans one thing for sure…..the ol' Wildcat has got a few tricks up his sleeve and I'm going to be more than ready for not only Mr. Pogo….but Sonny King as well!" (crowd pops)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMERCIAL: Rick Stewart runs down all the first round matches in tomorrow's tournament

AWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling
Civic Auditorium
Pensacola, Florida
Sunday Feb 24, 1984
Special Bell Time: 4pm

Round 1:

Mr. Olympia
Vs.
Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King

Jacques Rougeau (Alabama Champion)
Vs.
Black Bart

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
Vs.
The Masked Nightmare #1

Johnny Rich
Vs.
Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
Vs.
Mr. Pogo w/Sonny King

The Junkyard Dog
Vs.
"Hustler" Rip Rogers
w/Ms. Brenda Britton

Porkchop Cash
Vs.
The Mercenary

"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller
Vs.
Roy Lee Welch

--------------------------------------------------------------
(Ric Flair joins Rick Stewart at the set in a suit and without his championship belt)

FlairTV.jpg

Stewart: "Mr. Flair, I wanna welcome you back to Dothan and to Southeastern Championship Wrestling."

Flair: "Well thank you Rick Stewart and do you see how naked I look out here without championship gold around my waist."

Stewart: "That's certainly true, but tell the fans what happened this week that led to you being without you're championship belt."

Flair: "Well Mr. Stewart, this past week realizing that the wrestling business is moving in a new direction and that the place to be in the world of wrestling is without question….the AWA, I relinquished my NWA Worlds Championship to come here to Southeastern and start down the path to the AWA World Championship….and from what I'm told the best way to cut to the head of the line is  to become the Southeastern Heavyweight Champion and tomorrow I have the opportunity to compete with some of the very best in this sport to try and become the AWA Southeastern Champion and if I can do that, I will become another step closer to getting a shot at Jerry Lawler's AWA World Championship!"  (Before Ric can continue, manager Paul Jones comes in and interjects)

Jones: "Ric Flair, it is your lucky day……I too have come to Southeastern looking to find the right man to lead to the AWA World title and who better than the 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair, if we combine our efforts we would be positively unstoppable!"

Flair: "Paul, with all due respect….I appreciate your offer…..I really do, however I've promised myself to take a different path to the AWA title than I did to the NWA title and that path does not include any type of manager, so thanks but no thanks." (Ric goes to walk away but Jones grabs him by the arm)

Jones: "Wait a minute Ric, don't make any hasty decisions…….think it over as you drive to Pensacola and we can discuss things further once you've thought it over."

Flair: "Paul, again I appreciate the offer and I mean no disrespect but I'm truly not interested in having a manager….."

Jones: "Think about it Ric…….that's all I'm asking you to do is think about it." (Flair nods and walks away)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCH #2:
Alabama Champion Jacques Rougeau defeated Dex Morgan by submission with a 'Boston Crab'  

As the referee is raising the hand of Jacques, Ms. Brenda Britton appears on the apron allowing Rip Rogers to hit the ring and attack Rougeau from behind leaving him laid out in the ring, and then leave with the Alabama Championship belt……Rogers grabbed the mic and said. "If Roojoe wants this belt back, then come on down to the Houston County Farm Center and try to get it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rick Stewart reminds the fans to come out to the Houston County Farm Center tonight to see the Junkyard Dog, Mr. Olympia, the Armstrongs, the Midnight Express, Wendell Cooley, and many more in action tonight at 8:30pm!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCH #3:
Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King defeated Joe Turner/Roy Munson when Pogo took out Munson with the Japanese Sleeper

Post Match: Sonny King screamed into the camera that one of these men will be the new Southeastern Heavyweight Champion!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMERCIALS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MATCH #4:
Black Bart pinned Sammy Hall after leg drop off the 2nd rope
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Rick Stewart welcomes the Junkyard Dog who comes out to Queen's 'Another One Bites the Dust)

Rick: "JYD, it's great to have you here in Southeastern Championship Wrestling and tomorrow you'll be competing for the Southeastern Heavyweight Championship tournament where you'll be facing "Hustler" Rip Rogers in the first round."

JYD: "Well it's great to be here….and I'm looking forward to meeting all the great fans here in the Southeastern area….and Rip Rogers, I saw what you did to Jacques Rougeau earlier in the show and you better be worried about trying to win that Southeastern title belt, rather than trying to steal the Alabama belt!"

Rick: "That will all happen tomorrow in Pensacola, but tonight right here in Dothan at the Houston County Farm Center you'll be teaming with Mr. Olympia and Johnny Rich to take on Sonny King's crew of Lord Jonathan Boyd, Mr. Pogo, and Tojo Yamamoto!"

JYD: "That's right, Sonny King has went all over the world looking for guys to manage and he managed to find these two Japanese guys and Boyd from New Zealand…..well I couldn't ask for two better partners than my old friend and partner Mr. Olympia and Johnny Rich……Sonny better have them boys ready….cause we'll sure will be."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MAIN EVENT
MATCH #5:
AWA Southeastern Tag Team Titles
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Scott/Steve Armstrong when Rose pinned Scott with his feet on the ropes to get the victory!

© 1984  AWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to have SECW part of the AWA! 

Big announcement as a tournament will be held to crown a new SECW champion. 

Cooley starts the show off with a bang. He'll defiantly be a fan favorite here.

It does seem strange seeing Flair without a title. I don't think that will last long. The big question is will he stay true to his word and be a changed man. Not if Paul Jones has any say. Very intriguing storyline 

We get a feud right off the bat with Jacques and Rogers as Rogers steals his title. 

Sonny King has himself a very dangerous stable but JYD and friends are up for the challenge. 

Black Bart gets a good squash. 

Fun main event as the Midnight Express get one over on the Armstrongs. 

Solid first show Gene. Cant wait for more! 

Great show!  I missed your style over the last few months.  

I loved the Ric Flair interview and I wonder if he will rethink his decision about Paul Jones or if Jones will search for revenge.  

JYD is here and he will go over big time!  I hope he gets some friends with him cause there are some bad heels here in Alabama

Rogers making fun if Rougeau's name was funny!  That could turn into a nice midcard feud.

Can't wait for the big show in Pensacola.  

Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Houston County Farm Center
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday Feb 23, 1984
Bell time: 8:30pm

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Col. Buck Robley after a running bulldog

U.S. Jr Championship
Larry Hamilton pinned Professor Bill Ash with a flying crossbody

Scott/Steve Armstrong defeated The Masked Nightmares when Scott pinned Masked Nightmare #2 after a 'superkick'

Alabama Heavyweight Championship
Jacques Rougeau fought "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton to a double countout

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia/Johnny Rich defeated Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto/Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King when Rich pinned Tojo with a small package

MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Tag Team Championship
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Condrey pinned Golden after hitting him with a chain

Civic Auditorium
Pensacola, Florida
Sunday Feb 24, 1984
Special Bell Time: 4pm

AWA Southeastern Championship Tournament
Round 1:

Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King pinned Mr. Olympia after King hit Olympia in the head with the New Zealand flagpole behind the referee's back

Jacques Rougeau pinned Black Bart with a sunset flip off the top rope

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated The Masked Nightmare #1 by submission with the figure four leglock

Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King pinned Johnny Rich after throwing salt in his eyes while King distracted the referee

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley fought Mr. Pogo w/Sonny King to a double count out

The Junkyard Dog pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton after a 'THUMP' powerslam

Tommy Gilbert pinned Porkchop Cash with his feet on the ropes

"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller defeated Roy Lee Welch with the "Fuller Leg Lock" by submission

Before the 2nd Round begins, Rick Stewart announces that due to his frequent interference in Round 1 of this tournament, the AWA Championship committee has banned Sonny King from ringside for the remainder of the tournament

Round 2:

Jacques Rougeau pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd with a backslide

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated Tojo Yamamoto by submission with the figure four leglock

Junkyard Dog advances to the Semi-Finals by forfeit due to their being no winner in the Cooley vs. Pogo match in the first round…..he's brought out to the ring and announced as the winner and the referee raises his hand…..as he gets ready to exit the ring….Paul Jones comes in followed by the masked tag team of Fire & Flame…..Dog grabs Jones but Fire grabs Dog and Flame throws a fireball in JYD's face!!  Officials and other wrestlers run in to check on JYD as Fire/Flame/Paul Jones retreat down the aisle

"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller pins Tommy Gilbert with a school boy roll up

SEMI-FINAL #1:
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair pinned Jacques Rougeau in 24:32 with a small package

SEMI-FINAL #2:
"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller will be advance to the finals by forfeit as JYD has been taken to a local hospital to treat the burns suffered at the hands of Fire & Flame.  Ron Fuller takes the mic:

Fuller: "Paul Jones, I don't know where you get off bringing those two fat slobs out here interfering in the tournament but this isn't how I wanted to advance to the finals.  I came here to compete so if either one of those two tubs of lard wanna come out here and face me then get them out here right now!"

No sooner than Fuller gets those words out of his mouth Fire & Flame BOTH hit the ring with Paul Jones right behind them and they attack Fuller, beating him down until his brother Robert and cousin Jimmy Golden run in with chairs and get the better of them but Ron is pretty beat up going into the finals….following a brief intermission.

Ron Fuller is introduced first as he comes out with his ribs bandaged up……..Next Ric Flair comes down the aisle….with Paul Jones a few steps behind him…..Flair turns around and sees Jones and berates him telling him to 'get the hell outta here'…..Jones tells him "he's all your's Naitch" as he walks away laughing…..Fuller accuses Flair of setting this whole thing up which Flair passionately denies.

MAIN EVENT
FINALS
Southeastern Heavyweight Championship
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller
Vs.
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair

The match starts out slow with Fuller favoring his ribs and Flair seemingly taking it easy on him…..At one point Fuller asked for a microphone and got in Flair's face and accused him of working with Jones, Flair then pointed out that Jones did Fuller a favor as well taking out JYD giving him the BYE into the finals…at that point Fuller slapped Flair in the face resulting in Flair blasting Fuller in the ribs with a stiff kick, Flair spent the next several minutes working over Fuller's leg getting him ready for the figure four…..Flair went to lock it in but Fuller reversed with an inside cradle resulting in a near fall…..Fuller rolled out of the ring to try and recover…..Flair tried to follow him out but referee Larry Brock forced him back out of the ropes and argued with him mid ring…..while this was happening Paul Jones ran back down to ringside and hit Fuller in the rings with a chair behind the ref's back also seemingly unbeknownst to Flair as well…..Jones rolled Fuller back in the ring and walked away…..Flair pushed the referee out of the way and rolled Fuller up with a rolling cradle….for the 1--2--3!!  Your winner and new AWA Southeastern Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair!!

As the referee helps Ron Fuller out of the ring, Flair holds the championship belt high in the air……when Paul Jones enters the ring with a microphone:

Jones: "Ric….we did it! I told you I'd make you the champion and we did it!!  Next stop, Jerry Lawler and the AWA World Championship!"

Flair: "WE….WE???  Paul Jones…WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!! I WON THE TITLE…..I didn't need your help….I didn't want your help….and I'm going to tell you one more time….I don't want or need a manager so I suggest you stay out of my business moving forward!"

Jones: "Now you listen to me Flair…..I'M the reason you're champion right now…and I WILL be your manager!  Now, let's shake hands like proper businessmen!"

Flair shakes his head….Jones puts out his hand….Flair thinks for a moment and then nods in agreement…..he reaches out and shakes the hand of Jones….then kicks him in the gut, sweeps his legs then locks on the figure four leglock!! The crowd goes wild until Fire & Flame hit the ring and starts putting the boots to Flair for a moment until Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden hit the ring and attack Fire & Flame once again and they brawl their way up the aisle as Paul Jones hobbles away.

As always, I love your writing style.  That was like a suspense novel with the answer not coming to the last minute.  Flair was great as a face in MAAC and will be great in anything he does!  Wonderful set up to the tournament.  I do wonder who will be the first to come after him and I can't wait to see it.  

All is right as Ric Flair walks away with the gold! 

Great storylines and intrigue involved as Paul Jones along with Fire and Flame caused all sorts of problems. Jones made a list of enemies tonight with JYD, the Fullers and Flair! 

Also interested in seeing the follow up between Flair and Fuller. 

Got to give a shout out to Jacques for his good performance. 

Love seeing the Midnight Express holding the tag titles. They will have some good bouts with the Fullers and Armstrongs. 

I'm also interested in watching Larry Hamilton defend the Jr. title. He got a solid win over Ash. 

Then you have some good young guns with Cooley, Johnny Rich and Tommy Gilbert. 

And we cant forget Sonny King and his dangerous stable. 

SECW is off and running! 

SOUTHEASTERN SPOT SHOWS FOR 2/26-2/28/84

Civic Center
Cullman, Alabama
Tuesday Feb 26, 1984
Bell time: 7pm

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned The Mercenary after a running bulldog

U.S. Jr Championship
Larry Hamilton pinned Bill Ash with a backslide

Mr. Olympia defeated Black Bart with a sleeperhold

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd/Mr. Pogo/Sonny King when Steve Armstrong pinned Sonny King after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

MAIN EVENT
Jacques Rougeau defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton by DQ when Brenda Britton interfered

===================================================

Fairgrounds
Decatur, Alabama
Wednesday Feb 27, 1984
Bell time: 8pm

Mr. Olympia defeated Roy Lee Welch with a sleeperhold

Lord Jonathan Boyd/Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King defeated Porkchop Cash/Ricky Gibson/Art Crews when Boyd pinned Crews after a shoulder breaker

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Larry Hamilton wrestled Tim Horner to a 20 minute time limit draw

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Non Title
GRUDGE MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) when Fuller pinned Rose after a swinging neckbreaker

MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Heavyweight Championship
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated Tommy Gilbert by submission with the figure four leglock

================================================

National Guard Armory
Albertville, Alabama
Thursday Feb 28, 1984
Bell time: 7:30pm

Mike Jackson pinned Bill Ash with a crucifix

Porkchop Cash pinned Tommy Gilbert after a powerslam

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Black Bart with a sunset flip

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Mr. Pogo/Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King when Rich pinned Pogo with a cross body off the top rope

MAIN EVENT
12 MAN BATTLE ROYAL

**WINNER**
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

===========================================================

Fun loop! 

Good to see Wendell Cooley getting a nice push and even winning a battle royal. 

The Rat Pack! Good memories. Like seeing them at the top of the card. 

Cant get enough of the Fullers/Midnight matches. 

Tim Horner takes champ Hamilton to the limit. These guys could put on some show stealing matches. 

Looks like the Jacques/Rogers feud will continue. 

And, Flair gets his first title defense over Tommy Gilbert. 

SECWLogo.jpg

Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday March 2, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher
Interviews: Rick Stewart

(Highlights are shown of Ric Flair becoming the new Southeastern Champion and all the turmoil that was involved, we then join Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher at the desk)

Platt: "Welcome to another episode of Southeastern Championship Wrestling and what an exciting night of action last week in Pensacola, Florida that saw "Nature Boy" Ric Flair become the new Southeastern Heavyweight Champion."

Thatcher: "It was an action packed tournament and so much took place with Fire & Flame emerging as Paul Jones enforcers and throwing fire in the face of the Junkyard Dog causing him to be eliminated from the tournament as well as what they did to Ron Fuller ultimately costing him in many ways the championship."
(Paul Jones comes storming out)

Jones: "I'm glad you said that Les Thatcher, it means you are in agreement with me…..Ric Flair would NOT be the champion right now if it wasn't for myself, Fire, and Flame."

Thatcher: "That's not exactly what I meant but you guys were a factor for sure."

Jones: "Flair showed just what kind of backstabbing no good human being he is……he let me hand him the title on a silver platter and then attacks me…..well you listen Flair and you listen good…..I've found an even greater former World Champion who will not only take that Southeastern title from you….but he'll take the AWA World title from Jerry Lawler as soon as he gets the opportunity…..and as a matter of fact, off his reputation alone as one of the greatest World Champions of all time…..my man, the one….the only….'Superstar' Billy Graham has a shot against Lawler TONIGHT right there in Mobile at the Expo Hall!"

Platt: "Wow….I do have to say I'm quite impressed that you've managed to wrangle the great 'Superstar' Billy Graham to join your stable and come here to challenge the 'Nature Boy'."

Jones: "Well you should be impressed…..but first things first Charlie Platt!  Before the Superstar beats Ric Flair tonight….there's some other business that needs to be handled.  I'm not your average wrestling manager……I'm not some 90 pound weakling that is going to let somebody like Flair knock me around like he tried to do in Pensacola after I personally made sure that he defeated Ron Fuller for that title.  I'm a former wrestler myself…..I'm a former World Tag Team Champion….I've held numerous championships and I can hold my own in a professional wrestling ring….So with that being said….I told Superstar Graham to meet me in Mobile tonight……I told Fire & Flame to stay home.  I know for a fact that Ric Flair will be here in this studio today and I'm calling him out!  During the last segment of this show, I'm going to get in that ring right there and I'm challenging Ric Flair to a fight!!  Not a wrestling match….not a contest….a fight!!  So Mr. Flair….Mr. Backstabber….Mr. So Called Champion, if you've got an ounce of guts in your body….you meet me in this ring and I'll show you why Paul Jones is not the man to mess with!!"

Thatcher: "Oh my goodness……Paul Jones just challenged Ric Flair to a fight here today with none of his men here in the studio….that should be interesting to say the least!"

Platt: "Absolutely, but right now let's go to the opening match of the day!"
MATCH #1:
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Sammy Hall/Bad Boy Burns when Golden pinned Burns after a piledriver

**Post Match**
(Fuller/Golden approach Rick Stewart fired up!)

Stewart: "You guys made short work of those two….you seem more than ready for your Southern Streetfight tonight with the Midnight Express."

Fuller: "You got that right boy……We're more than ready to beat the Midnight Express for those tag team titles in a Southern Streetfight…and once we get done with the Midnights….we've got our sights set on Fire & Flame…..and you best believe my brother the 'Tennessee Stud' will be back when he heals up from his injuries and he's going to be all over Paul Jones and anybody that dares shows their face around him."

Golden: "Fire and Flame?? More like Fat and Fatter!! You boys come to Southeastern and the first people you cross is the Fullers and Jimmy Golden…..Boys, Paul Jones must be even stupider than he looks…..if there's anything left of him when Flair gets done with him, the Stud will finish him off sooner rather than later!!"
COMMERCIAL FOR TONIGHT'S EVENT IN MOBILE!!

Expo Hall
Mobile, Alabama
Saturday March 2, 1984

MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
Vs.
"Superstar" Billy Graham
w/Paul Jones

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
AWA Southeastern Tag Team Championship
SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT (No Countout/No DQ)
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose)
Vs.
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship
Dynamite Kid
Vs.
U.S. Jr Champion
Larry Hamilton

Title Belt on a Pole
Jacques Rougeau
Vs.
"Hustler" Rip Rogers
w/ Ms. Brenda Britton

Mr. Olympia
Vs.
Lord Jonathan Boyd
w/ Sonny King

The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich)
Vs.
Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto
w/ Sonny King

Ricky Gibson
Vs.
Carl Fergie

(Card Subject to Change)
MATCH #2:
AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Dynamite Kid defeated Roy Munson with a diving headbutt

Platt: "A man of few words but Dynamite Kid is pound for pound one of the toughest men in the world today and tonight he will defend that World Light Heavyweight Championship against the U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Champion Larry Hamilton, it should be one heck of a contest."

Thatcher: "A lot of great matches signed for tonight in Mobile but that's one I'm really looking forward to and what a treat for the fans to see a man who is truly a world class athlete in the Dynamite Kid come here and take on the very best the Southeast has to offer."
(Rip Rogers comes up wearing the Alabama Championship belt along with Ms. Brenda Britton)

Rogers: "That's not true Les Thatcher, if Dynamite Kid was facing the best the Southeast has to offer, he'd be facing me!"

Thatcher: "Well I guess he's lucky that you didn't come out here during his match and steal his belt like you did Jacques Rougeau…..I feel like I need to tell the fans….Rip Rogers is NOT the Alabama Champion! He stole this belt."

Rogers: "Thatcher….what a thing for you to say….I merely procured the championship in advance of the forgone conclusion of our next meeting."

Platt: "Well Rip before you can compete in tonight's match you will have to relinquish the title back to it's rightful owner and it will be placed on a pole and whoever climbs the pole and retrieves the belt will be the champion."

Rogers: "A mere formality Mr. Platt……I promise you next week, I will be here as I am right now wearing this Alabama Heavyweight Championship.  Let me get in that ring and show you what it's all about!"
==========================================
MATCH #3:
"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton defeated Randy Watson with DDT

COMMERCIALS

Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 4, 1984

TAG TEAM TURMOIL '84
(THREE TAG TEAM MAIN EVENTS)

MAIN EVENT
Junkyard Dog/"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
Vs.
"Superstar" Billy Graham/Mystery Partner
w/ Paul Jones

PLUS SIX OTHER HUGE MATCHES!!!

MATCH #4:
Mr. Olympia pinned Joe Turner after a swinging neckbreaker

**Post Match Interview w/Rick Stewart**

Stewart: "Nice win for you Mr. Olympia, tonight in Mobile you'll be taking on Lord Jonathan Boyd with Sonny King in his corner."

Olympia: "I'm ready for whatever that crazy New Zealander wants to throw at me tonight and if Sonny King gets involved…..I might just have someone keeping an eye him too!"

==============================================
MATCH #5:
Six Man Tag Team Action
The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated The Masked Nightmares (#1/#2)/The Mercenary) when Scott pinned Masked Nightmare #2 after a superkick

COMMERCIALS
(Paul Jones storms the set)

Jones: "Enough already, we haven't heard any kind of response from Flair…..get the so-called champ out here and I'm going to teach him a lesson about disrespecting Paul Jones!!"

(Jones gets in the ring….he has his fists taped up and is wearing jeans and a Gold's Gym shirt seemingly dressed to fight…..Flair comes out to the set in his wrestling gear and lays the Southeastern Championship belt on the desk)

Platt: "Ric, are you ready to fight Paul Jones."

Flair: "Paul Jones, after that stunt you pulled in Pensacola….coming out and trying to help me when I told you I didn't want your help…..I thought you were crazy……but no that I see you out here in this get up wanting to fight to ME……now…I KNOW you're crazy…..you wanna fight me?  You only have to ask once…..let's do this…WOOOOOOOO!"

(Flair heads to the ring as Jones is trash talking him from inside the ring, Flair steps between the ropes and as he heads towards Jones…….A huge man comes running into the studio, slides into the ring and attacks Flair from behind…)

Platt: "Who is the huge man that has just attacked the champion, Ric Flair??"

Thatcher: "Charlie……I know EXACTLY who that is…..that's….BRUISER BRODY!!"

(Brody has a huge chain wrapped around his fist and blasts Flair in the top of the head with it several times until his face is a "Crimson Mask"…….He then puts the chair around Flair's neck and drags him around the ring….once Flair is choked to the point of lying motionless, Paul Jones straddles him and starts raining down punches on Flair….while this is happening various prelim wrestlers are trying to make the save but are getting blasted by Brody and knocked to the floor)

Platt: "Fans, we are out of time but we have to get some kind of help for Ric Flair."

Thatcher: "Charlie, this is out of hand….I'm calling the police before Ric Flair is killed!!"

Platt: "We're going to try to get some help and get order restored…..fans, we'll see you next week!!"

© 1984 AWA Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Wow is all I have to say!  That was one action filled hour.  Ric Flair has been champ for like a minute and he has Superstar Graham and Brusier Brody chasing him.  Paul Jones seems to be on fire here in Southeastern Wrestling.  Rip Rogers is also getting some serious heat.  He is one of the guys that can get under your skin real quick as a fan and you have him down pat!  Fullers vs Midnight Express is an awesome Semi-Main event!

Expo Hall
Mobile, Alabama
Saturday March 2, 1984

Ricky Gibson pinned Carl Fergie with a sunset flip

The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto w/ Sonny King by DQ when King handed salt to Tojo who threw it into the eyes of Armstrong

#1 Contenders Match for the Alabama Championship
Mr. Olympia defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd w/ Sonny King with a small package

Title Belt on a Pole
"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/ Ms. Brenda Britton defeated Jacques Rougeau when Rougeau was climbing the pole and Brenda Britton sprayed him in the eyes with air freshener she pulled out of her purse allowing Rogers to then climb the pole and retrieve the title belt

AWA World Lightheavyweight Championship
Dynamite Kid pinned Larry Hamilton with a full nelson suplex with a bridge

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT (No Countout/No DQ)
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Fire & Flame came out of the crowd and attacked Fuller/Golden allowing Condrey to then get the pinfall on Golden to win the streetfight

MAIN EVENT
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair defeated "Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones by DQ when Flair locked Graham in the figure four leglock but before Graham could submit, BRUISER BRODY came in from the crowd and attacked Flair…….Brody/Graham/Jones triple teamed Flair until JYD and Ron Fuller came in the side door and hit in the ring to even the odds….after a couple of minutes of brawling, Jones pulled back the troops and retreated back to the dressing room

Man oh Man! SECW is coming out blazing! 

Paul Jones makes the blockbuster announcement of acquiring the Superstar. Then he goes on to challenge Flair to a fight. After all that Flair accepts only to be beaten down by Bruiser Brody! What a great angle! Flair could be in serious trouble with both Graham and Brody chasing him. Your main event scene went to a whole new level. 

Good job in setting up the matches for the Expo Hall. 

Like the mid card feud going on between the Rat Patrol and Sonny King's stable. 

Mr. Olympia secures himself a Alabama title shot.

Big upset as Miss Britton helps Rip Rogers win the Alabama title. 

Dynamite Kid gets an impressive title defense over US Jr champ Hamilton. 

Fire and Flame better be ready for Fuller and Golden because they're going to be wanting some serious payback. 

Flair retains with a DQ win but Jones sent a message and reminded Flair just how dangerous his men are. However, it looks like Flair has some big guns backing him up with JYD and Ron Fuller.

Great action this week! 

Very smoothly done as your TV hypes up your big house show and then your house show hypes up your next TV show.  Flair vs Superstar is hyped up on the TV and then we get the Bruiser run in at the house show and we are all hooked to spend our $$$ for Southeastern Championship Wrestling!

Really enjoying the action so far in Southeastern! 

I like the Japanese pairing of Tojo and Pogo, and the salt in the eyes is an old classic!

Never been a Rougeau fan, so The Hustler getting the (dubious) upset win is a nice and welcome surprise.

Fire and Flame messing with their namesake costing Fuller and Golden the belts, but I have to say I am glad to see the MNX hold on to them.

I can just picture Flair picking apart the leg of the aging Graham after escaping the early power onslaught and locking on the Figure Four. I can also picture Brody coming out of the back like a wild man and all hell breaking loose with Fuller and the Dog hitting the ring.

Looking forward to the inevitable Flair/Brody clash. It should be awesome!!

Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 4, 1984

TAG TEAM TURMOIL '84

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Roy Lee Welch with a running bulldog

U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship
Larry Hamilton pinned Tommy Gilbert after a powerslam

Mr. Olympia pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton with a school boy roll up as Jacques Rougeau came to ringside and prevented Brenda Britton from interfering

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship
Dynamite Kid pinned "White Lightning" Tim Horner after a diving headbutt from the top rope

Southeastern Tag Team Championship
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated The Rat Patrol (Scott Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Rose pinned Armstrong after hitting him with brass knucks

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/ "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller fought Fire & Flame w/ Paul Jones to a double count out when both teams fought up the aisle and across the arena

MAIN EVENT
"Superstar" Billy Graham/Bruiser Brody w/ Paul Jones defeated Junkyard Dog/"Nature Boy" Ric Flair when Brody pinned the Southeastern Champion Ric Flair after a big boot to the face

Cooley continues his streak with a win over Ronald Reagan's favorite wrestler. 

Good to see Hamilton bounce back from his loss to Dynamite. 

WOW! Rogers title reign was short lived as Mr. Olympia beats him. I was always a fan of Olympia so I'm looking forward to his run here. 

Dynamite continues his impressive reign with a solid win over White Lightning. 

With everything going on in SECW, the Midnight Express are having a pretty good run with the titles. 

Fuller/Golden-Fire and Flame go to a wild countout. This feud is far from over. 

Wild main event as Brody gets the fall on champ Flair. Great set up to their inevitable title match which will be money! 

***SPOT SHOWS FOR THE WEEK***

National Guard Armory
Amory, Mississippi
Tuesday March 5, 1984
Bell Time: 7:30pm

Mike Jackson pinned Ted Allen with a small package

Brett Wayne Sawyer pinned Carl Fergie with a flying cross body off the top rope

Kendo Nagasaki defeated Art Crews with the Japanese Sleeper

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Tojo Yamamoto/Mr. Pogo defeated Tim Horner/Tom Jones when Pogo pinned Jones after a piledriver

MAIN EVENT
Mr. Olympia defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd with a sunset flip
==========================================================

West Point High School Gym
West Point, Mississippi
Wednesday March 6, 1984
Bell Time: 7:30pm

Jesse Barr pinned Norman Frederick Charles III with a belly to belly suplex

Tommy Gilbert defeated Mike Jackson by submission with a Boston Crab

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Ken Lucas defeated Carl Fergie/Col. Buck Robley when Cooley pinned Fergie after a running bulldog

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship
Larry Hamilton defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton by DQ when Ms. Brenda tripped Hamilton and the referee saw it

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones when Golden pinned Fire with a school boy roll up

MAIN EVENT
"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller (Subbing for JYD) when Graham pinned Fuller with a handful of tights

===========================================

Lavender Coliseum
Columbus, Mississippi
Thursday March 7, 1984
Bell Time: 8pm

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton pinned Brett Wayne Sawyer after a DDT

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship
Larry Hamilton pinned Mike Jackson with a small package

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Tojo Yamamoto w/Sonny King with a sunset flip

Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) w/Scott Armstrong when Flame pinned Rich after headbutting him with a loaded mask

Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones pinned Mr. Olympia (subbing for JYD) after a jumping piledriver

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer when Rose pinned Sawyer after a swinging neckbreaker

MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert/Ron Fuller & Jimmy Golden defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd/Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo w/Sonny King when Robert pinned Boyd after kicking him with a "loaded boot"