Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Presents

Beach Brawl '84

Gulf Coast Convention Center

Biloxi, MS.

Thursday July 4, 1984

Bell Time: 6pm

Bugsy McGraw pinned 'Dirty White Boy' Tony Anthony with a powerslam

Bobby/Donnie Bass w/Col. Buck Robley defeated Randy Rose/Ron Slinker when Bobby pinned Slinker with his feet on the ropes

Winner is Special Referee for the U.S. Jr Title Match

Thunderbolt Patterson pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton with a school boy roll up

U.S. Jr Championship

Loser Leaves Southeastern for 1 year

w/Special Referee: Thunderbolt Patterson

Scott Armstrong pinned "Lethal" Larry Hamilton after a super kick

Mississippi Heavyweight Title

Coal Miner's Glove Match

"Latin Lover" Al Madril defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley when the masked Grappler 2 hit the ring and attacked Cooley allowing Madril to climb the pole and get the "Coal Miner's Glove" and knock out Cooley and get the pin

Tag Team Stretcher Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Armstrong was carried out after getting spike piledriven on the concrete floor

Alabama Heavyweight Championship

No Holds Barred (DDT is legal)

Mr. Olympia pinned Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones after giving him a DDT after Paul Jones tripped Roberts by mistake after Olympia reversed an irish whip to win the Alabama Heavyweight title……after match Jones berated Roberts who then gave Jones a DDT before storming off alone

Southeastern Tag Team Championship

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts) defeated The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji by DQ when Fuji struck Hayes with a cane as he was about to pin Kabuki

Return $25,000 Bounty Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated One Man Gang w/General Skandor Akbar by DQ when Gang refused to break a chokehold in the corner……Bullet Bob looked to be in serious trouble and Gang looked to be on the verge of collecting the bounty when Scott Armstrong and Thunderbolt Patterson hit the ring with chairs to come to his aid

MAIN EVENT

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy pinned "Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones following a running clothesline to win the Southeastern Championship…..afterwards Gordy gave Paul Jones the 'Oriental Spike' and he had to be carried out of the arena after being abandoned by Ric Flair who walked out immediately after the three count

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buck Robley managing The Bass's seems like a perfect fit.

Scott Armstrong retains his title and finally manages to get rid of Hamilton, and does so for a year.

Madril gets some back up, and knocks out Cooley with the glove to retain. Madril is my favorite heel in Southeastern!

Steve Armstrong takes the stretcher ride and The Nightmares pick up a big win.

Oh man, Olympia wins the Alabama title with the DDT! Jones costs Jake the match, then he gets a DDT! Man, sometimes you gotta learn the hard way, Never Trust a Snake.

The Birds pick up the win, but the Bukasaki train rolls on with the belts thanks to some timely interference from Master Fuji! Loving the Kendo/Kabuki team so much.

Bob Armstrong wins the match, but it seems that the assault of OMG is starting to wear on Bob. But when you've got a 450 pound man hell bent on taking you out, life's a bitch!

DAMN! Gordy takes out Naitch for the belt! The Freebirds are flying high in Southeastern!!!

Gordy takes out #1 and Flair doesn't even care. The Army is falling apart!

I get the feeling that things are about to get real interesting here in SECW.

Once again SECW delivers a fantastic super card! 

Bugsy has been quietly racking up some wins.

Robley has the Bass boys on the right track.

Scott Armstrong's troubles with Hamilton are finally over for at least a year. I loved this feud.

Oh man that dirty Madril somehow always manages to get the upper hand. 

Oh Snap! The Nightmares get the best of the Rat Patrol and send them out on the stretchers. This has been one brutal feud.

Olympia turns the tables and DDT's Roberts! Roberts still manages to get a DDT in on Jones. Jones troubles are only beginning tonight. 

I think we're in for a war between the Freebirds and Kabuki/Kendo. 

OMG is looking to collect that bounty but still cant put the Bullet away. Bullet has some good back up. 

WOW! Gordy defeats Flair for the title!!! Big news! Jones had a terrible night and I think he's lost his army. The way Flair quietly exits makes me wonder what's next for him???

Such a well balanced card here in Biloxi.  I really enjoy how your heels always act the part!

I agree with the idea that Buckley with the Bass brothers is a natural fit.

Your creativity never ceases to amaze... all of the stipulations keep the fans interested every match.  From the match to be the special ref, to the loser leave Southeaster for a year to the Coal Miner's Glove match, I love it all.

I love Mr. Olympia as the champ... he was so underrated outside of the South

The bounty match was awesome as everyone there would really buy that OMG could really put someone out of business

What a night for the Freebirds!

Southeastern Championship Wrestling House Show

Gaston Coliseum

Gadsden, Alabama

Friday July 5, 1984

Bell Time: 8pm

Thunderbolt Patterson pinned Tommy Gilbert with a sunset flip

Donnie Bass w/Col. Buck Robley pinned Brickhouse Brown with his feet on the ropes

U.S. Jr. Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers with a sunset flip off the top rope

Mr. Olympia pinned Bobby Bass w/Col. Buck Robley with a small package

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley fought Grappler 2 to a double countout

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Devastation Inc. (Kabuki/Nagasaki/Gang) w/Skandor Akbar when Gordy pinned Nagasaki

$25,000 Bounty Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong pinned "Latin Lover" Al Madril with a school boy roll up when Wendell Cooley came out and distracted him

MAIN EVENT

LIGHTS OUT MATCH

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Davis pinned Rich after Buddy Landel came out of the crowd and broke a beer bottle over Rich's head

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

AWA Continental Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Airing at 3pm on Saturday June 22, 1984 on Superstation WTBS

Hosted by Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Interviews: Joe Pedicino

AWA Continental Commissioner: Les Thatcher

GW430.png

(A new opening montage rolls and we then go to the studio to a new Continental Wrestling set with our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome to the debut of Continental Championship Wrestling here on Superstation WTBS, for all our great Southeastern fans….we thank you for your continued support and for all the great fans joining us for the first time, we thank you as well and are excited to bring you great action from right here in the heart of the South such as our huge main event today as the Mississippi Heavyweight Champion the 'Latin Lover' Al Madril will take on AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Brad Armstrong in a match where neither title will be on the line but a lot of pride will be…."

RPG: "Well speaking of pride, thank God you don't have any for all the new fans watching us for the first time I want to apologize in advance for Charlie Platt, he's a hick from here in Dothan, Alabama and he doesn't know any better."

Platt: "So, that's how we're going to start this thing out?  A new name, a new station, but same old Ronnie."

RPG: "You don't mess with perfection Charlie Platt and that's what I bring to this broadcast…and speaking of perfection, I want to bring you a man right now who is making his debut here in Continental Championship Wrestling…..the one and only true 'Nature Boy' in professional wrestling…of course I'm talking about Buddy Landel…" (Landel stuts out in a suit)

BuddyLandelsuit.jpg

Platt: "Well, let's be honest this isn't his debut as he showed up last night in Gadsden, Alabama and helped the Nightmares win a match."

RPG: "First of all, we'll get to that and of course I was referring to his TELEVISION debut you imbecile….act like you've done this before, my apologies Budro."

Landel: "Wow Ronnie, you told me this guy was a goof but he whiffed that in record time….the debut show on the SuperStation with the biggest star in wrestling and that's how you handle it? Surely, they could find somebody better to do this….where's Gordon Solie these days?"

RPG: "Let's not let Charlie Platt spoil a truly glorious moment, Naitch…tell us how you ended up here in Continental."

Landel: "Ronnie, as you well know I was up there in AWA All Star Wrestling just killing it…getting over like a million dollars….I'm telling you up there in Stampede, I was considered a Canadian national hero…I was more popular than hockey up there.  Then I got a phone call from an old friend who said, 'Buddy, we got a bogus second rate wannabe Nature Boy down here that couldn't lace your boots and we need you to come down here and make sure we get some great ratings on WTBS for our debut show.  Obviously, as loved as I was up there and of course with the record gates I was drawing for the promotion, they begged me not to go and offered me an obscene amount of money to stay but I refused because I felt like these people down here needed to see the real 'Nature Boy' in action…..notice I didn't say deserve it….they just need it."

Platt: "Now wait a minute, Buddy.  I happen to have a couple of friends that work for All-Star and they told me that you shot your mouth off and promised you'd win a title within thirty days or you'd leave and when you didn't pull it off, you had to go."

RPG: "Charlie Platt, how dare you??  How dare you spread such a lie?? Number one, I don’t know which lie is more offensive….that you expect us to believe you have a couple of friends or that you tried to convince these people that Buddy Landel failed at anything…now shut your mouth and let him finish!"

Landel: "Thank you Ronnie…..thank God that we have you here to bring some class to this show….what a jerk this Platt guy is.  SOOO…anyway, as I was saying….I came here to show everyone who the real Nature Boy is but I guess someone stooged it off to Flair that I was coming as he quit the company and fled town literally the day before I arrived here."

RPG: "I can't believe what a coward Flair turned out to be…..just disgraceful!"

Landel: "Indeed he is…..a lousy stinkin' coward….but since I'm here, as you mentioned I stopped by Gadsden, Alabama on my way here last night to see my buddies the Nightmares, I tried to be cordial and offer Johnny Rich a drink but slipped where some idiot had bled on the floor and accidently had a mishap but the Nightmares won so all's well that ends well."

Platt: "That's how you explain busting a beer bottle over the head of Johnny Rich??"

Landel: "Well….yeah it sounds better than the way you said it….I don't appreciate the implication there as if it was done on purpose to give my friends the Nightmares an unfair advantage or a cheap victory which I can promise you they certainly don't need my help beating two clowns who call themselves the 'Rat Patrol'…..honestly,  what kind of a stupid name is that??"

RPG: "Come on Buddy, get to the good part…tell them the other reason you're here."

Landel: "Oh yeah, besides coming to run the bogus Nature Boy outta town….which he ended up doing on his own….this Monday I'm entered into the tournament to crown the first Continental Heavyweight Champion."

Platt: "Well….the tournament isn't going to crown the champion….the winner of the tournament will face the winner of the Al Madril vs. Mr. Olympia match that will happen tonight…."

Landel: "Details…Platt…minor details…the point is…I will be the Continental Champion very, very soon then Verne Gagne and Stu Hart can both stick that in their stupid pipes and smoke it, daddy!"

RPG: "Fans, this is your lucky day because you are about to get the opportunity to see the real Nature Boy in action!  Go show this chump who the Continental Champion is going to be!"

------------------------------------------------------

MATCH #1:

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated 'Big' Tom Dugan by submission with the figure four leglock

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #2:

Alabama Champion Mr. Olympia pinned Mike Hunt with a small package

**Post match interview with Joe Pedicino**

OlympiaRed.jpg

Joe: "Mr. Olympia, at Beach Brawl in Biloxi, Mississippi you not only defeated Jake 'the Snake' Roberts but you beat him with his own move…the DDT!"

Olympia: "That's right Joe and it felt real, real good too!  Now I can promise you that so called Snake will crawl back under whatever rock he crawled out from under and it will be a long, long time before we see him show his face around here again!"

Joe: "Now with you winning back that Alabama Heavyweight Championship…..tonight you will face off with the Mississippi Heavyweight Champion, Al Madril……Madril has been a handful since arriving here…..are you prepared for whatever he may pull out of his bag of dirty tricks….not to mention this new ally he seems to have in Grappler 2?"

Olympia: "Oh believe me Joe Pedicino, my good friend the Wildcat Wendell Cooley has filled me in on just what this Al Madril character is capable of….and I'll be on my toes ready for anything tonight….as far as this Grappler 2 is concerned….I beat Grappler 1 when he passed through here recently so I'm not too worried about Grappler 2 and besides…after Wendell gets his hands on that ol' boy tonight…he won't be in any shape to stick his nose in my business!"

-----------------------------------------------------

(VTR- Footage is shown of Don Bass taking on Brickhouse Brown last week where Bobby Bass made his debut costing Brown the match---we then cut to a promo from Bobby & Donnie Bass along with their manager Col. Buck Robley)

Robley.jpg

Robley: "I can only imagine just how excited everyone is that I'm back!  I went away for a while but now I've got a tag team that's going to shoot straight to the top of the ranks……the Bass Family will win not only the Southeastern Tag Team Championships but they'll beat those stupid Road Warriors if they get half the chance…..but tonight we've got other fish to fry because this goof Brickhouse Brown says he has a partner……a partner that's dumb enough to wanna face the Bass Family….well, that's just fine and dandy because people were surprised when Bobby showed up…and they were even more surprised when I showed up….well maybe we still have a few more surprises up our sleeve!  Bring your partner Brown…..because we aren't sweating over you…or your partner!"

(END VTR)

Platt: "Ronnie, we'll be hearing from Brickhouse in a little bit and we'll see him and his new partner in action right here in the studio."

RPG: "Oh boy…how exciting Charlie….who on earth would wanna team with Outhouse Brown anyway?  The person is probably some sort of mental patient or some other sort of nitwit to agree to go into what is a sure fire beating from my good close personal friend Col. Buck Robley's tag team."

Platt: "Well you just seem to have all sorts of friends around here all of a sudden."

RPG: "I have friends everywhere because I'm a wonderful person….unlike you out here talking down the Nature Boy…..you don't even like Ric Flair so why pick a fight with Buddy?"

Platt: "Oh enough with Buddy already…." (All three members of the Rat Patrol- Steve/Scott Armstrong along with Johnny Rich come out to the desk)

Johnny: "Charlie, I know you said enough with Landel….but we just wanted to come out and tell the fans that we just got done speaking with Les Thatcher and TONIGHT….not next week…or next month…TONIGHT…all three of us….will be taking on Ken Wayne…..Danny Davis…..AND the so called Nature Boy Buddy Landel in a six man tag team match!"

Platt: "Alright! That's great news and another reason to get down to the Houston County Farm Center tonight! We'll hear the whole card here shortly but Scott while you're out here let's show the viewers at home footage of you finally getting the last word on your rival….Larry Hamilton."

--------------------------------------

MATCH #3: (From Beach Brawl '84)

U.S. Jr Championship

Loser Leaves Southeastern for 1 year

w/Special Referee: Thunderbolt Patterson

Scott Armstrong pinned "Lethal" Larry Hamilton after a super kick

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(Joe Pedicino is standing at ringside with Brickhouse Brown)

Joe: "Brick, I know you got the opportunity see the interview with Robley and the Bass Family….who is this partner that you've found."

Brickhouse: "Joe Pedicino, Buck Robley's old homeless looking tail can talk some real good stuff via videotape out behind the arena last night in Gadsden, Alabama…..but you see he's not here today to say it to my face…..but you see that's typical of Buck Robley and them Bass Boys…..they just like a lettuce…all head and no tail….well Colonel you gotta bring some to get some you understand….so that's why right now I'm bringing out my new partner and you can call us the Soul Patrol, baby…..come out…..KOKO WARE!"

(Koko Ware comes out to a nice ovation)

KoKoWare.jpg

Ware: "OHHHH YEAHHH….you right Brickhouse……ol' Buck Robley and his Bassmasters or whatever they call themselves are real tough when they sendin' in a video….but come on down to the Farm Center tonight and we'll show you what the Soul Patrol is all about…and as far as your 'surprises'….I'll just be surprised if yall show up tonight!"

MATCH #4:

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated Ken Powers/Blue Cyclone when Koko pinned Powers after a dropkick off the top rope

-----------------------------------------------

(Joe Pedicino runs down tonight's card in Dothan)

Continental Championship Wrestling

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday July 6, 1984

Bell time: 7:30pm

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji

vs.

Mike Jackson

Special Challenge Match

The Soul Patrol (Brown/Ware)

vs.

The Bass Family (Bobby/Donnie) w/Robley

One Man Gang w/Gen. Skandor Akbar

vs.

Randy Rose

Grudge Match

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

vs.

Grappler 2

Six Man Challenge Match

The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich)

vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

Winner Takes All

Alabama Title vs. Mississippi Title

"Latin Lover" Al Madril

vs.

Mr. Olympia

Unsanctioned Badstreet Match (Non-Title)

Managers Banned from Ringside

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki

vs.

The Fabulous Freebirds
(Michael 'P.S.' Hayes/Buddy 'Jack' Roberts)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship

Return Match

Brad Armstrong

vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

MAIN EVENT

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

vs.

#1 Contender

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

(Card Subject to Change)

--------------------------------------------------------

(Badstreet USA blasts throughout the studio as the Fabulous Freebirds storm the set)

Freebirds.jpg

Joe: "What a week it has been for the Freebirds!"

Hayes: "You damn right! We ain't slept since Wednesday and that's just the way we like it! Look at that strap around 'Bam Bam's waist right there….the Southeastern Champion…and ain't nobody takin' that belt away….we ain't got no problem with Bob or any of the Armstrongs but if Bullet Bob thinks he's gonna take that strap then we might just collect that $25,000 bounty we keep hearing about!"

Buddy: "Twenty five G's would buy a whole lotta jack…..Jack!"

Hayes: "Haha, you got that right Buddy…..but let me take a moment to speak to our Japanese friends…..boys, tonight ain't about the titles….we had those won in Biloxi but Mr. Fuji decided to stick his nose in….so tonight it's violence for the sake of violence you understand?  Leave the belts at home…..leave Fuji at home….leave Akbar at home….just bring your green mist spewing faces down to Badstreet tonight and we'll set you straight….then we'll get our belts very, very soon…"

Buddy: "Green mist? You think we're worried about you spitting out green mist…..the way we been partying this week….you better be worried about what I'll be spewing in YOUR face…punks!"

Joe: "Terry, as the winner of that battle royal last week you slipped Bob Armstrong who technicall as the former champion who never got his rematch with Ric Flair is the #1 Contender and therefor will be getting the shot at the title tonight."

Gordy: "Let's just say this…..Bob Armstrong…I ain't got no problem with you right now….but like P.S. said….you come after my belt…then we will have a problem and if I'm gonna whip your butt…then I might as well pick up an extra $25,000 in the process so you just might wanna call this thing off Bob….but that's up to you….right now we've got other business to tend to!"

--------------------------------------------------

MATCH #5:

The Fabulous Freebirds (Gordy/Hayes/Roberts) defeated Tommy Gilbert/Roy Lee Welch/Luke Wilcox when Gordy pinned Wilcox after a running powerslam

---------------------------------------------------

COMMERCIAL BREAK

----------------------------------------------------

(Mississippi Champion Al Madril is stopped by Joe Pedicino on his way to the ring for the main event)

AlMadril.jpg

Joe: "Al, you have certainly been the center of controversy since coming here….tonight you have the huge winner takes all match against Mr. Olympia, how wise is it to take on the AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Brad Armstrong here on television in a match where neither title is on the line?"

Al: "For most wrestlers this would be crazy….but I'm not most wrestlers….I'm the best wrestler in the entire AWA and I'm going to prove it today by pinning one of their World Champions…then maybe I can get some respect around here because it seems beating Cooley every week isn't getting it done.  I haven't gotten any respect anywhere I've gone in the AWA…but that all changes today…first I'll beat Armstrong…..then I'll beat Olympia and win BOTH titles….then I'll beat whoever wins that tournament and become Continental Champion….and then you'll have no choice but to respect me because like I said before….beating Cooley doesn't seem to impress anybody!"

Joe: "Well that's more because of the means of victory, rather than who you defeated….but that's another topic for another day….I've been told that next week you will be hosting something called the…..Fiesta Garden?  What exactly is that??"

Al: "Oh, I'm really excited about that…..with that I'm going to show the world that not only am I the best wrestler in the AWA….but I'm also the best interviewer in the world…..better than Barbara Walters…Johnny Carson…ANYBODY!.....Enough talking to you, fat man….I've got work to do."
(Adrian Street comes prancing up)

AdrianStreet2.jpg

Adrian: "Hello Alvin, I hope you don't mind but I'm going scout my opponent for tonight Brad Armstrong…I came very close to beating him last time and I think tonight I've got it all figured out."

Al: "First of all, it's Alberto….not Alvin….and I don't care if you watch the match or not….just stay out of my way…got it?"

Adrian: "Oh I like that name…Alberto…so EXOTIC….like me….but don't worry Alberto, I wouldn't dream of getting in the way of a…..Latin Lover, ohhh how exciting."

Al: "Back off weirdo…."

(Madril proceeds to the ring, while Street and Linda get a chair at ringside)

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

Non-Title Match

"Latin Lover" Al Madril pinned Brad Armstrong when Grappler 2 tried to hit the ring but was stopped by Street….Armstrong tried to argue with Street that he didn't need his help but was rolled up from behind by Madril who snuck in the win!

(Madril grabs the mic from Platt as the show is about to go off the air)

Madril: "Ronnie…I did it….I did it!! I pinned the World Champion….I pinned the World Champion…Olympia….you're next!!!"

© 1984 American Wrestling Association CCW Inc.

and just that like that Continental starts off with a bang!!

Loved the Landell segment. Buddy and Ronnie need to do some commentary together sometime.

Olympia vs Madril to determine who moves on is going to be a hot one. Both guys have so much momentum right now. 

Robley and the Bass boys against The Soul Patrol, oh that's a money feud on the undercard!

Loving what you've got going on with the Birds. They work perfect as babyfaces here, and you have so many ways to build the company around them and the Armstrongs. 

Madril and Street interaction was awesome and Al gets a HUGE win heading into the big match against Olympia.

Awesome debut on the Superstation. Loving your direction man.

Love the new look as Continental Wrestling debuts on the Superstation.

Landel comes in and is immediately set up as a big star. Nice work here. I am sad that we didn't get to see the battle of the Nature Boys. Hopefully somewhere down the line. 

Olympia is really rolling. Defiantly a top dog here.

Robley has all the confidence in his Bass boys but watch out because Brickhouse and Koko are back in action as the Soul Patrol! 

Rat Patrol have strong words for the Nightmares and Landel. This is a good ol fashion southern feud.

Freebirds are on fire! Gordy is champ and warns Bullet that the belt stays with him. 

I cant wait for the Fiesta Garden! 

LOL, Street calling Madril Alvin was hilarious and then he says he loves the name Alberto. LOL, great stuff! 

Madril beats a world champ! Some good heat between Armstrong and Street. 

Great new show and look! The Superstation is going to give this talented roster some well deserved exposure. 

Wow... what a first show for CCC!

Your interviews in this show were awesome...The arrival of Budy Landell was classic.  Buddy and RPG are perfect together.  The Freebirds being the Freebirds was great and Adrian Street was awesome.

I like that the Soul Patrol are back together and this is going to be one hot angle in Alabama as they face Robley and the Bass Brothers

The Freebirds are ready for action and they don't care if they blast a heel or a babyface.  The Japanese team is in for a big fight while the Bullet better be careful against Gordy/

With that wild ending to the show, I wonder if Armstrong is going to be a friend to Street down the road or if they are going to go at it.  The Exotic one wanted to help but when Armstrong didn't accept it, it leaves you with so many options!

• GeneJackson95 changed the title to AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday July 6, 1984

Bell time: 7:30pm

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Mike Jackson after a moonsault

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) fought the Bass Family (Bobby/Donnie Bass) w/Col. Buck Robley to a double count out

One Man Gang w/General Skandor Akbar pinned Randy Rose after a '747 Splash'

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Grappler #2 after a running bulldog

Special Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) & "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated The Rat Patrol (Scott/Steve Armstrong & Johnny Rich) when the referee got knocked down allowing Hercules Hernandez to hit the ring and lay out Scott Armstrong with a huge clothesline who was quickly covered by Landel and pinned for the win

Mississippi Title vs. Alabama Title

Winner Takes All!!

Mr. Olympia pinned "Latin Lover" Al Madril with a backslide to win both titles! Olympia will now face the winner of Monday night's tournament to determine the first Continental Champion

Badstreet Tag Team Match (Street Fight)- Non Title

Managers Banned from Ringside

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Roberts) defeated Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki when Hayes pinned Nagasaki after a brutal chair shot

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Brad Armstrong by DQ when Al Madril slid into the ring and attacked Street….Armstrong was livid and attacked Madril who fled the ring and ran back up the aisle….as Armstrong helped Street back to his feet, Street shoved Armstrong and accused him of being in cahoots with Madril….Armstrong tried to explain but Street stormed off seemingly unconvinced….

MAIN EVENT

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

Vs.

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

As the main event was getting ready to start….'Bad to the Bone' played and as the #1 Contender Bob Armstrong made his way down the aisle and was attacked by what was first thought to be a fan out of the crowd but was later realized to be "Dr. D" David Schultz from World Class!!  Schultz ran out of the crowd with a rope and began choking Armstrong….and then gave him a piledriver on the floor…and then started beating him with a steel chair until his opponent the champion Terry Gordy came running out along with Brad Armstrong…..causing Schultz to exit back through the crowd.

After several minutes of confusion and medical staff getting Bob Armstrong carried out on a stretcher along with Brad joining him in an ambulance…..Les Thatcher came to ringside and said that fans were promised a Southeastern Championship match and they will get one as Terry Gordy has agreed to put the title on the line against whomever steps up to challenge him……which turns out to be the One Man Gang

NEW MAIN EVENT

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy pinned One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar after a running clothesline…..after the match Akbar tried to throw a fireball at Gordy but missed and hit referee Larry Brock

Dothan is one great wrestling town.

The 747 Splash might be the best move in the game!

Landell and Hercules in the same place means bad news for the Babyfaces

Mr. Olympia takes a big one but can he get the real prize!

Schultz ruined my night.  Was really looking forward to Bam Bam and the Bullet.  This just adds another angle that I can't wait to see next week.  I just love the twist and turns of CCW

Super Black Ninja better not turn out to be Ron Slinker! 

First clash between Soul Patrol and the Bass Bunch goes to a shmoz, and I couldn't think of a better ending. This one is gonna get violent!

Gang and Cooley pick up a couple of nice wins.

Hercules shows up to help Landell and The Nightmares. Bad night for the Rat Patrol. Hoping Herc and Landell are working together full time!

Olympia wins the big one! Can't wait to see the tournament to find out who his opponent will be for that Continental Title.

The Birds pick up the win against the Japanese team, but this was isn't over yet. Without the belts and the Devious One, they ain't done!

Street, Brad, and Madril is good shit. I hope it keeps happening!

David Schultz!! He doesn't work here! What's going on!!!

Bullet Bob is down and out, Gordy has no opponent, but here comes the Gang! Hoss fight main event!!

Gordy retains, and Akbar burns up the referee! 

Great show! Looking forward to the big tournament on Monday!

#1 Contender's Tournament
(Winner to face Mr. Olympia for the title)

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday July 8, 1984

Bell Time: 7pm

Round 1:

Hercules Hernandez pinned Jimmy Golden with his feet on the ropes

Robert Fuller defeated One Man Gang w/Gen. Skandor Akbar by DQ when Akbar tripped Fuller coming off the ropes

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda after hitting him with a chain behind the referee's back hand to him by Al Madril who came to ringside to argue with Street

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated Grappler 2 with a sleeperhold

Post match: as the referee raised Armstrong's hand in victory….another Grappler slid into the ring with a chair and clocked Armstrong with a chair and then executed a piledriver on the chair…..as he was raining punches down on Bob busting his head open….Steve and Scott Armstrong his the ring…as this Grappler went to escape….Steve managed to grab the mask and it pull it off revealing….."Dr. D" David Schultz!!

NON-TOURNAMENT:

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong pinned "Nightmare" Danny Davis with a small package to retain

SEMI-FINALS:

Robert Fuller pinned Hercules Hernandez with a school boy roll up

It was announced that Bob Armstrong had to be taken to the hospital due to the attack by David Schultz which meant Buddy Landel will have a bye into the finals

NON-TOURNAMENT:

Southeastern Tag Team Championship

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Kabuki pinned Rich after a thrust kick

MAIN EVENT

Tournament Final

(Winner to face Mr. Olympia on 7/13 to crown the Continental Champion)

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned Robert Fuller when Nightmare Ken Wayne came out and distracted the referee allowing Hercules Hernandez to knock out Fuller with a chair…..Jimmy Golden tried to run down and help but the Nightmares and Hernandez jumped him in the aisle until the Rat Patrol (Johnny Rich/Steve & Scott Armstrong) ran down to even the odds and they all fought up the aisle leaving Robert Fuller laid out in the ring and Buddy Landel in the ring celebrating like he just won the World Series and the Super Bowl all at once…

Landel.jpg

WHOA! Hercules and Shultz arrive and immediately cause havoc against the two biggest faces in the company. 

Shultz really took it to Bullet and Herc costs Fuller his match with Landel. The main event scene is going to explode real soon. 

Speaking of Landel, he takes advantage of all the help and advances to face Olympia for the Continental Title. 

Love the Madril, Brad Armstrong, Street storyline.

Just when we think the Nightmares/Rat Patrol feud is winding down, things elevate to another level. This has been one of my favorite feuds. 

Freebirds continue to roll as Hayes and Buddy win the Street Fight and Gordy retains by taking OMG down! 

Cant wait for the Landel/Olympia match! 

Chaos reigns in Continental!

Hercules has shown up and is immediately causing trouble, and picks up a big (but tainted) win over Jimmy Golden

Madril continues to be the best thing ever as he comes out to continue his issue with Street.

David Schultz is The Grappler? There is so much about my roster I didn't know!

Either way, he did the damage on Bullet Bob and cost him the tournament, but was it enough for him to get paid?

Oh man, Buddy Landell vs Mr. Olympia for the Continental Heavyweight Title is gonna be good. But with Hercules and The Nightmare lurking, Olympia has a tough road in front of him.

Continental Championship Wrestling House Shows for:

Tuesday July 9, 1984: Tuscaloosa, AL.

Wednesday July 10, 1984: Florence, AL.

Thursday July 11, 1984: Athens, AL.

Friday July 12, 1984: Pell City, AL.

Bugsy McGraw pinned "Crazy" Luke Graham with a running elbow drop

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) fought The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) to a 15 minute time limit draw

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Scott Armstrong after a moonsault to win the championship in a HUGE upset that seemed to really shock the crowd in each town

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey defeated the Bass Family (Bobby/Donnie) w/Col. Buck Robley by DQ when 'Tough' Tony Bass (Tony Falk) interfered

Grudge Match

"Latin Lover" Al Madril pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda when Hercules Hernandez came to ringside and kidnapped Ms. Linda which distracted Street allowing him to get rolled up for a quick 1-2-3!

Special Challenge Match

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel/Hercules Hernandez by DQ when Adrian Street hit the ring and jumped on Hercules' back demanding to know where Ms. Linda was…during the struggle Ms. Linda came running down the aisle with a gag on her mouth and her hands tied….Street slid out to go meet here…allowing Herc/Landel to escape the triple team of Street/Fuller/Golden

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Mr. Olympia pinned "Hustler" Rip Rogers (subbing for Jake Roberts) after a DDT

MAIN EVENT

The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) defeated Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki/One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar when Gordy pinned Nagasaki after a powerslam

I am pretty certain that Super Black Ninja isn't Ron Slinker now! Massive win and a shock title change!!

Madril gets a big win over Street thanks to Hercules coming for Linda!

Street comes after Herc in the following match, then a kidnapped Linda (or maybe Herc is into BDSM) comes running down the aisle, and all is well!

Is Olympia gonna start using the DDT full time? If so, he just became a lot more dangerous!

Killer 6 man in the main event, and the Birds pick up another big win. They are rolling here in 'bama

Bugsy continues his winning streak.

Love the Nightmares and Soul Patrol going at it.

Mr. Fuji's Super Black Ninja pulls off a huge win and defeats Armstrong for the Jr. title! 

Cooley and Casey make a great team but now there's another Bass brother to contend with. 

LOL, Madril continues to have luck on his side. Herc kidnaps Linda and costs Street the match! You don't mess with Street's lady.

Cool seeing Olympia use the DDT on Rogers, who was subbing for Jake. Well done.

Freebirds once again get the best of Devastation Inc. Freebirds have some serious momentum going.