Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

AWA Continental Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Airing at 3pm on Saturday July 13, 1984 on Superstation WTBS

Hosted by Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Interviews: Joe Pedicino

AWA Continental Commissioner: Les Thatcher

(Show opens with footage of "Dr. D" David Schultz attacking Bob Armstrong when he was on his way to the ring in Dothan to challenge Terry Gordy for the Southeastern Heavyweight Championship….we then go to the new opening montage and then to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, we have a great show in store for you today except here at the beginning where we need to discuss this lunatic, "Dr. D" David Schultz who has appeared TWICE now attacking Bob Armstrong trying to collect this $25,000 bounty and we still don't know who has put this bounty on Armstrong's career."

RPG: "With a guy like Armstrong it could be anybody…..between him and his idiotic sons it could be anybody they've wronged over the years…..I can only imagine the number of people who want to see him out of the wrestling business."

Platt: "I don't know about that Mr. Gossett, but the fact remains that not only was Bob Armstrong attacked last Saturday in Dothan, when that didn't get the job done and Armstrong still showed up Monday night in Birmingham to compete in the tournament….this Schultz guy showed up dressed up like a Grappler and attacked Armstrong AGAIN and sent him to the hospital."

RPG: "He certainly did and right now I understand that Joe Pedicino caught up to Schultz leaving the Boutwell Auditorium that night and got these comments from 'Dr. D'."

PROMO COURTESY OF BLEHSCHMIDT

(VTR- Backstage from Birmingham this past Monday night. David Schultz is walking out of the building after his attack on Bob Armstrong, and Joe Pedicino catches him just as he is about to walk out the door.)

Joe: "David Schultz! You've just assaulted Bob Armstrong for the second time, and cost him his chance at becoming the Continental Wrestling Heavyweight Championship. One can only assume that you are here to claim the Twenty Five Thousand Dollar Bounty that was placed on his head. What do you have to say about that? Who is behind the bounty?"

Schultz: "You figure that out all by yourself did you? What's your name fat boy?"

Joe: "Joe Pedicino"

Schultz: "Well Joe, I'm feeling pretty good right now, so I'll answer your stupid questions, so you just shut your mouth, stand there looking like forty pounds of potatoes in a ten pound bag, hold that microphone, and maybe you won't end up like Bob Armstrong. Ya understand that?

Did I come here to claim the twenty five grand on the head of Bob Armstrong, you damn right I did. So I came to Dothan last Saturday night and I smacked Bob Armstrong  around just a little bit. Now normally it only takes Dr. D one time to take somebody out, but when you're dealing with Georgia people like the Armstrongs, you gotta inflict a little extra punishment, because years of inbreeding has left them with those hard mongoloid skulls.

So tonight I knew I needed a little something extra, so I dropped him neck first onto that chair baby. I heard the crunch, and now Bob Armstrong is all done. All that's left now is for Scott, Steve, Kerry, Bret, Greg, and hell I don't know what his kids are called, to go visit him in the ICU. Meanwhile, mystery man, and no Joe Pedicino, I don't know who is behind the money, and I don't care. Just so long as I get paid. Honestly, I look it at this way. I took out Bob Armstrong for free, give me the Twenty Five Grand for having to soil my boots by stepping foot in Alabama!"

(Schultz shoves Pedicino out of the way and heads out the back door as the VTR comes to an end.)

Platt: "Well, isn't he a real treat?"

RPG: "HA! I like that guy….he set that Joe Cappuccino straight…we need him here every week, Charlie Platt!"

Platt: "I don't know about that….but right now let's hear from Bob Armstrong who had these comments for Joe as he was leaving the hospital in Birmingham later that night."

(VTR- Joe Pedicino is standing a few feet from the door of the ER at the Birmingham hospital as Bob Armstrong comes out with his son Scott holding a bag of ice on his neck)

Joe: "Bob, I know this isn't a good time but is there anyway we could get some comments about these unprovoked attacks from David Schultz?" (Scott steps in between)

Scott: "Joe, with all due respect, this really isn't a good time to talk…(Bob puts his hand up and cuts Scott off)

Bob: "Hold on a minute son, I appreciate it and no this isn't a good time to talk….but I'm going to talk anyway because I hope that curly headed redneck goof David Schultz is watching this program right now……now you listen to me Doctor D or whatever it is you call yourself…..I understand to you this is just business….you're just trying to collect this twenty five thousand dollars that some coward has offered up to anyone who can take me out…..but you better understand that whatever this is to you…..it's gotten real, real personal with me…you understand??  You cost me a chance at the Southeastern title…..you cost me a chance at the Continental title….you've tried to permanently injure me to the point that I can't make a living and feed my family.  I hope you aren't stupid enough to think I'll take that lightly!  I don't care what the Doctors say, I don't care that I can't turn my head right now because of you dropping me on my neck again…..I want you in the ring THIS SATURDAY NIGHT IN DOTHAN!  I don't care that you wrestle for World Class….or No Class or whatever rock you crawled out from under…..you sign whatever documentation is required to legally step your butt in a Continental ring…..or else you just meet me in the parking lot but one way or another…..me and you are gonna settle this 'Doctor D' and I when I get done with you….they might just call you 'Nurse D' David Schultz….so bring it on down to Dothan on the 13th!"

(END VTR)

Platt: "Strong words from Bullet Bob."

RPG: "His second trip to the ER in three days and we're supposed to take him seriously….give me a break, David Schultz will end him tonight at the …." (Buddy Landel comes strolling out in his robe)

Landel: "Hold on just a minute baby, why are you guys out here wasting time talking about Bob Armstrong? That nothing happening old man didn't win a stinkin' thing in Birmingham….but Ronnie P……tell 'em who did!"

RPG: "Oh that's right Naitch, I was just about to tell them the good news!  'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel, Mr. AWA himself won the tournament and he will be wrestling Mr. Olympia tonight for the Continental Championship!"

Landel: "That's right Daddy, they're saying this is the biggest card to hit Dothan in 20 years and when the Nature Boy locks Special Olympia in that figure four, I will be the first ever Continental Champion!  Now while I'm super happy about that…..I'm also super annoyed by something else?"

Platt: "What on earth could that be??"

Landel: "Shut your mouth and pay attention and I'll tell you.  I had a plan in place, well to be more specific….the 'Boss' had a plan in place. The plan from the Boss was, to put this bounty on Bob Armstrong to get him out the way….which this clown Dave Schultz still hasn't managed to collect….should've just let me handle it…..but anyway….the plan was get Armstrong outta the way so I could breeze through the tournament….CHECK!  Step two, beat Special Olympia tonight and win the Continental Championship…after tonight CHECK!  Phase three of the Bosses plan was to use the Continental Championship to get me in the ring with Hulk Hogan where I would lock him in the figure four until he screamed 'UNCLE'….or 'BROTHER' or whatever more like 'Nature Boy you're the best wrestler in the world and not only do I submit but I retire so I can go make more crap movies like Rocky 3', I mean come on…Thunderlips?? What was Sly thinking?"

Platt: "I think a better question is….who is this boss you keep referring to?"

Landel: "Well Charlie, didn't I tell you who he was?"

Platt: "No, you didn't."

Landel: "That's because it's none of your damn business…..anyway, back to my story….so now just as I was getting ready to get Hogan down here and beat him for the title….Ted Dibiase beats him for it in Atlanta, Georgia a few days ago."

Platt: "Well, actually the World Champion is scheduled to defend the title in Huntsville next Saturday night at the Rocket City Rumble, however that title match was signed 30 days ago before the Continental title existed so Dibiase will be facing the Southeastern Champion either Terry Gordy or One Man Gang, whoever wins the title match tonight….but I'm sure you or Olympia whoever wins the Continental title will get a shot soon enough."

Landel: "What do you mean, me or Olympia?  Obviously it will be me and I better get a World title shot real soon after I win the Continental title….and while I'm sure I could beat Ted Dibiase without much problem….I hope Gordy wins tonight and beats Dibiase because I know I could beat Gordy for the belt with no problem whatsoever."

(Suddenly Terry Gordy comes storming out to the desk)

Gordy: "Boy…..I'll tell ya what if talking big was ever a sport you would damn sure be a World Champion…but sadly for you it's not….now I just heard you say that YOU could beat ME with no problem….well I'd love to see that…..in fact I think all these fans would love to see that (POP)  So, I just asked Les Thatcher to sign a match….right here…TODAY on this very television program….You, Mr. Big Mouth vs. Me, the Southeastern Champion…..so I suggest you shut your mouth and get ready for a fight….cause that motor mouth just got you in one right here…..comin' up shortly!"

(Gordy storms off as the crowd goes wild)

Landel: "Ronnie, I've got a Continental title match tonight, I can't fight Barry Gordy on tv today…he's lost his mind.  No..no…this is not happening…where the hell is Thatcher…Ronnie, I gotta go…"

(Landel takes off)

Platt: "Ronnie, I think Terry said it best….his motor mouth just got him in a fight."

RPG: "That's not funny Charlie Platt….he's going to get this thrown out….let's go to the ring."

========================================

MATCH #1:
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey defeated Frank Reynolds/Roy Munson when Casey pinned Munson after a running bulldog

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Platt: "Just a reminder for our fans in the Knoxville, Tennessee area who are now watching us here on TBS, we'll be there Monday night with a great card and coming up later on we'll have some more news about the big Rocket City Rumble event coming to Huntsville, Alabama next Saturday where there will be a 30 man battle royal to crown our first Continental Television Champion."

RPG: "Speaking of new champions, we have a new U.S. Jr. Champion, the Super Black Ninja who defeated Scott Armstrong for the title and Mr. Fuji says they have their sights set on Brad Armstrong's AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship."

Platt: "Well, let's go to the ring and see the new champion in action."

=========================================

MATCH #2:

U.S. Jr Champion Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Randy Watson after a moonsault press from the top rope

=========================================

Platt: "We've got a huge 10 match card coming up tonight at the Houston County Farm Center, most of which could be considered main events anywhere in the country."

RPG: "yeah…yeah…yeah…Charlie…that's great but right now let's go to what I'm sure will be the highest rated television segment on TBS this week…..Al Madril's Fiesta Garden."

(The camera pans over to a very festive looking set that reads 'Fiesta Garden' as Al Madril comes out followed by Hercules Hernandez in a track suit standing close behind him)

Madril: "Hello everyone and welcome to the very first Fiesta Garden with your soon to be AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion, Alberto Madril and you can get used to seeing this man behind me as the 'Boss' pays good money to make sure myself and the Nature Boy are guarded at all times by the strongest man in wrestling today…..Mr. Hercules Hernandez.  Say hello Hercules."

Herc: "Hello…"

Madril: "It would have been funny if you would've actually said, Hello Hercules." (Hernandez just glares at him)  Ok, we'll leave the jokes to me I guess….speaking of jokes, today's guest is going to be none other than the biggest joke in the AWA today…..of course I'm talking about Adrian Street with his hag, Linda."

('Imagine what I could do to you' plays as Adrian prances out accompanied by Ms. Linda)

Street: "I'm sorry Alvin, did I hear you call me a joke?"

Madril :"First of all….it's Alberto…..second of all…you are a joke….and don't get cute or Hercules will take care of you."

Street: "Oh, that’s right you told me that last week…..you're my 'Latin Lover' Allllberrtooo.  How charming…(turns to Linda) Did you hear that darling, his name is Alberto….he may be more exotic than me. (looks to Hercules) As for Mr. Muscles, I won't get cute, I was born cute and while I find your offer of having him take care of me tempting….the truth is I can take care of myself…..unlike Ms. Linda who he apprehended recently…..while I look forward to tangling with you soon Alberto, me and Mr. Muscles here will be squaring off tonight and I promise both you that you'll soon find out…..I'm no joke!"

Madril: "Now now…Mr. Street don't go getting yourself all worked up….the Fiesta Garden is not a place for confrontation or hostility.  The reason I brought you out here is you had the most up close view of my victory over the so-called AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion, Brad Armstrong right here on this tv show last week here on the Superstation."

Street: "Oh yeah….let's talk about Bradley Strongarm….you only pinned Bradley because he was stupid and chose to argue with me rather than paying attention to you…..then that night I would have beaten him if YOU hadn't interfered and attacked me during my title match and I'm not convinced that you two are conspiring to keep that title off me because BOTH of you know if I get that title, neither of you could ever beat me for it." 

(Brad Armstrong appears)

Brad: "First off Madril, the only reason you pulled off a cheap victory over me was because the Grappler #2 and this freak stuck their nose in our match."

Street: "Who are you calling a freak, Bradley Strongarm? The only reason those two didn't double team you and beat you to a bloody pulp is because I stopped the Grappler from interfering! Then rather than thanking me for saving you, you start yelling like a madman and cost yourself the match!  Then the only reason you still have that title is because Madril attacked me….and rightfully it should be ME in there challenging for the title instead of Madril because I've yet to have a fair shot at it."

Madril: "YOU?? I'm the one that holds a pinfall victory over the 'champ'!  How many times have you beat him, Street?"

Brad: "You hold a cheap meaningless victory over me…..and I'm going to rectify that tonight and as for you, Adrian……once I beat Alberto tonight….I'll be more than happy to face you again!"

Street: "Wonderful….well good luck to you tonight….I'll be watching…and as for you Mr. Muscles, you will pay for putting your hands on Ms. Linda….I promise you that!"

================================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

================================

Joe Pedicino runs down tonight's card:

Continental Championship Wrestling
TONIGHT!!!

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Special Bell Time: 7pm!

10 HUGE MATCHES!!

MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Championship

Mr. Olympia

Vs.
"Nature Boy"
Buddy Landel

$25,000 Bounty Match

Bob Armstrong

Vs.
"Dr. D" David Schultz

Continental Tag Team Titles

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki

w/Gen. Skandor Akbar & Mr. Fuji

Vs.

The Fabulous Freebirds (Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts)

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

Vs.

One Man Gang w/Gen. Skandor Akbar

Special Challenge Match

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

Vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship

Brad Armstrong

Vs.

"Latin Lover"

Al Madril

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

Scott Casey

Vs.

"Crazy" Luke Graham

Grappler 2

Grudge Match

"Exotic" Adrian Street

w/Ms. Linda

Vs.
Hercules Hernandez

The Bass Family w/Col. Buck Robley

Vs.

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

Return U.S. Jr. Championship

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji

Vs.

Scott Armstrong

(Card Subject to Change)

=============================

MATCH #3:

The Bass Family (Bobby/Donnie/Tony) w/Col. Buck Robley defeated Jed Jackson/Ken Powers/Buck Spivey when Tony pinned Powers after a spike piledriver

As they are leaving, Robley stops at the desk and tells Ronnie P. that Brown and Ware have no idea which two Bass Cousins they'll be facing tonight……Platt points out, "Isn't his name Tony Falk?"  Robley goes ballistic, "That's what he called himself in other places until he was good enough to use his REAL NAME…..BASS…and trust me, now's he ready!"

==============================

MATCH #4:

Mr. Olympia pinned Dewey Cox following a DDT

Post Match: Joe Pedicino invites Mr. Olympia over to the interview area

Joe: "Mr. Olympia, first off congratulations are in order as you defeated Al Madril last week and not only will you be competing for the Continental championship tonight, but you also will go down as both the final Mississippi Champion and as well as the final Alabama Champion."

Olympia: "Joe, it's a great honor to be recognized as the last man to hold those prestigious titles and they'll have a special place on my mantle and I've got another spot waiting there for that Continental title belt when I bring it home tonight."

Joe: "So I can't help but notice you've added a new move to your arsenal, the DDT."

Olympia: "After feeling the effects of it several times at the hands of Jake the Snake…..I studied it quite a bit….and once the ban was lifted on it and since Jake has seemingly disappeared from sight around here…..I figured I'd make use of it…and Buddy Landel, if I apply it to you tonight that strap is coming home around my waist!"

==================================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #5:

HANDICAP MATCH

One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar defeated Jay Moore/Blue Cyclone when Gang pinned Moore after a '747 Splash'

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

Southeastern Champion
Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

Vs.

"Nature Boy"

Buddy Landel

Highlights: the match goes about 6 minutes when Al Madril & Hercules Hernandez came to ringside to distract Gordy, but Adrian Street and Brad Armstrong come out separately and brawl ensues at ringside….Landel is yelling at Madril/Hercules to get in there and help him, he turns around into a huge clothesline from Gordy…who covers 1-2-3!!   One Man Gang hits the ring along with Kabuki/Nagasaki and attack Gordy…..but Michael Hayes and Buddy Roberts quickly come in to even the odds…….the Nightmares run in to help Landel…but Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden come and tie up with the Nightmares…..as Landel goes to hit Armstrong from behind Mr. Olympia comes and jumps on him.

Platt: "Fans, this is crazy…the studio is in total chaos we've literally got over a dozen men fighting all over the studio…"

RPG: "Platt, you guys don't pay me enough to deal with this, I'm out of here!"

Platt: "Folks, we're out of time and for once I think Ronnie Gossett might be right….I'm getting out of here….this is pandemonium….a LOT of scores to be settled tonight, get down to the Houston County Farm Center, you don't want to miss this!!"

© 1984 American Wrestling Association CCW LLC.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dr. D wants his money, but it looks like he hasn't quite finished the job. Strong words from Bob, and I have to think Schultz will be there to fight.

Did Landell just call Dr. D a clown? That probably wasn't his best idea..

Anyway, loving Landell as the cockiest motherfucker in the room. Special Olympia got a chuckle out of me.

Gordy coming out and ruining Buddy's day was awesome, and would have got a great pop from the crowd.

The Cooley/Casey team is a good one, and one the young ladies would be in too.

Another nice win for the Black Ninja, and Brad better be careful.

Holy Shit, the Fiesta Garden was awesome! Perfect writing on everyone. Seriously, this segment was amazing.

Olympia with the DDT is a good little continuance of what he's been through. Cool choice

and the show closing schmoz with the whole company brawling in the arena is a classic! Great choice!

Another fantastic episode of Continental. Looking forward to the big show in Dothan!

Man, all the promos were GOLD tonight! 

Shultz gives another classic rant that had me rolling. Then I couldn't stop laughing when Landel busted out the Special Olympia line. Those heels know how to do it. 

Loved the first Fiesta Garden. Herc plays this role perfectly and Alvin oh I mean Alberto stirs things up with Street and Brad. 

Super Black Ninja poses a threat to Brad and the Light Hvy title.

Cooley and Casey are proving to be a solid team. 

The final segment was total bonkers and I loved every minute of it! Everybody gets in the ring and has a massive brawl! This is how you bring the fans to the arenas. Awesome job! 

Damn! I cant wait for that Dothan card! 

Great Southern TV ending.

Love the Exotic Adrian interviews.... Bradley Strongarm has me laughing out loud.

The Fiesta Garden is going to bring a lot to the show.

Landell is a great addition and is going to be awesome!

Bam Bam Gordy could be the one baby face to keep the heels from running CCW!

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday July 13, 1984

Bell time: 7pm

Return U.S. Jr. Heavyweight Championship

Scott Armstrong defeated Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji by DQ when Fuji tripped Armstrong when he went for the super kick

The Soul Patrol (Brown/Ware) defeated The Bass Family (Bobby/Tony Bass) w/Col. Buck Robley when Ware pinned Tony after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

Hercules Hernandez w/Al Madril defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda by DQ when as soon as the bell rang, Street ran over and gave Hernadez a field goal kick right between the legs that left him laying on the mat in agony…as Street skipped away happy with the result

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey defeated Grappler 2/"Crazy" Luke Graham when Casey pinned Graham after a running bulldog

Brad Armstrong defeated "Latin Lover" Al Madril by DQ when it looked like Madril was in control of the match about 12 minutes in, Street hit the ring…….and punched ARMSTRONG…which got Madril disqualified….which infuriated Madril since Hercules wasn't there to stop Street due to the kick to the balls earlier

Special Challenge Tag Team Match

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden fought the Nightmares (Davis/Wayne) to a double count out

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy pinned One Man Gang w/Gen. Skandor Akbar after a powerslam

Continental Tag Team Championship

Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji defeated The Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Roberts) when Kabuki pinned Roberts after spewing the green mist in his eyes while Fuji distracted the ref.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

$25,000 Bounty Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated "Dr. D" David Schultz by DQ when The Nightmares/Al Madril ran in to interfere…which brought out Scott/Steve Armstrong and Johnny Rich to make the save…post match: Schultz took the mic and told the Nightmares/Madril that he "ain't splitting the damn money with anybody" so next time he's in the ring with Armstrong, "stay the hell outta my business"

MAIN EVENT

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Mr. Olympia by referee stoppage after Hercules limped out and chop blocked Olympia on the floor and rolled him back into the ring where Landel ended up locking him in a figure four….Olympia refused to submit until he finally passed out from the pain and the referee stopped the match and awarded the title to Landel

WOW... Dothan is the hottest wrestling town in the game.

Usually I would say that there were a lot of DQ's but it worked here as we are in the beginnings of so many of your angles.

Bam Bam with the powerslam on OMG was the highlight if the show.

Landell with friends might just be unbeatable and in Alabama he might truly be the best Nature Boy in the game!!

I am loving Adrian Street right now. Best DQ ever! Followed by a fantastic prick move in getting Madril DQ'ed.

Gordy power slamming Gang for the win is HUGE!

Kabuki/Nagasaki pick up a huge win with the mist, but a huge win none the less.

Armstrong gets the win by DQ, and Schultz gets denied his money again. The Doctor ain't happy.

Landell wins! Olympia gets screwed. The Nature Boy reigns atop Continental (again!)

Couldn't wait for this card and brother you didn't disappoint! 

LOL, Street was all over tonight. The kick in the balls to Herc and him skipping away was great. Later, Street gets over on both Armstrong and Madril. Street is going to have a few people after him. 

Soul Patrol win a battle over the Bass Brothers.

Cooley and Casey are rising the tag ranks.

I like this feud going between the Nightmares and Fuller/Golden. I see some gimmick matches coming.

WOW! Gordy powerslams OMG for the decisive win!

The mist gives Kabuki and Kendo the win over the red hot Freebirds.

Shultz makes it clear he's a one man army as he warns Madril and the Nightmares to stay clear of the bounty.

Landel wins the Continental title! The build to the title was great. Olympia stays strong and will be looking for revenge on Herc. Cant wait for Landel's next TV promo.  

Knoxville Civic Center

Knoxville, TN.

Monday July 15, 1984

Bell Time- 7:30pm

Bugsy McGraw pinned Col. Buck Robley (Subbing for Don Bass) with a splash

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated Roy Lee Welch/Tommy Gilbert when Ware pinned Welch after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

Scott Casey pinned 'Crazy' Luke Graham after a running bulldog

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "No Class" Bobby Bass w/Robley with a small package

Eight Man Elimination Match

Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez/Danny Davis/Ken Wayne vs. "Exotic" Adrian Street/Johnny Rich/Scott & Steve Armstrong

• Adrian Street pinned Ken Wayne with an Oklahoma Roll
  • Hercules eliminated Scott Armstrong with a backbreaker
  • Hercules pinned Johnny Rich after a running clothesline
  • Steve Armstrong pinned Danny Davis after a flying shoulder tackle
  • Al Madril pinned Steve Armstrong with his feet on the ropes
  • Adrian Street pinned Al Madril with a small package
  • Hercules pinned Adrian Street after an eye gouge from Madril coming out of the small package

Winner: Hercules Hernandez

INTERMISSION featuring an appearance from local favorite: "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

Brad Armstrong pinned Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji with a backslide

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Mr. Olympia/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki/One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar when Olympia pinned Nagasaki after a DDT

MAIN EVENT

AWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel by DQ when "Dr. D" David Schultz hit the ring at the 14:23 mark when Armstrong had Landel trapped in a sleeper hold…..Shultz hit Armstrong in the back with a chair and then handcuffed him to the ropes…Schultz took a microphone and stood across from Armstrong who was holding the back of his head while trying get at Schultz but couldn't due to the handcuffs, as Landel was struggling to recover from the sleeper hold

Dr. D: "Armstrong, I didn't come here to tonight to take you out….I came here for two reasons….#1 is to challenge you to a 'loser leaves town' steel cage match next Saturday in Huntsville." 

(Referee holds a mic in front of Bullet Bob)

Bob: "Whatever it takes to get you in a fair fight so I can rid myself of you…..consider it done….cage match…whatever it takes."

(Landel grabs the mic from Schultz)

Buddy: "That's right baby….steel cage match….you run his butt outta town….make that money!"

(Before Landel can say another word, Schultz clocks him with the steel chair and lays him out, he then grabs the mic off the mat and stands over Landel)

Dr. D: "Which brings me to the 2nd reason I'm here…..you call me a clown again, or stick your nose in my business, I'll take your ass out for free……champ!"

Let's skip right to the meat of this one...

That elimination match sounds awesome! Very much loving the renewed push for Adrian Street, Al Madril is still my favorite thing going in Continental, Hercules makes a fantastic addition to all of it, and adding the Rat Patrol/Nightmares feud into the middle of it had to make for one explosive match!!

Brad shocks Super Black Ninja with a backslide, but I can't think that will be the end of those two.

and man, oh man that ending. Bob almost has the title won, and BAM..... Dr. D!

First Schultz gets Armstrong to agree to a Loser Leaves Town match, which if he wins seems like a pretty cut an dry way to get his 25 grand.

Then, he takes out Landell in spectacular fashion!

Good Shit.

String of baby face wins start the show.

Hercules wins the elimination match with a bit of help from Madril. Street looked strong as well. I'm so loving this storyline! 

Brad retains against Super Black Ninja.

Fun 6 man tag as Olympia, Fuller and Golden take down Devastation Inc.

Good grief! What a way to end the show! Shultz challenges Bullet to a loser leaves town cage match! It doesn't stop there as Shultz blasts Landel with the chair and issues a stern warning. Cant wait for next week! 

Continental Championship Wrestling House Shows for:

Tuesday July 16, 1984:  Tupelo, MS.

Wednesday July 17, 1984: Columbus, MS.

Thursday July 18, 1984: Louisville, MS.

Friday July 19, 1984: Southaven, MS.

Lars Anderson defeated Roy Lee Welch by submission with an armbar

U.S. Jr Champion Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Johnny Rich after a moon sault

Mr. Olympia wrestled Hercules Hernandez to a 15 minute time limit draw

8 Man Tag Team Match- 1 Fall

Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware/Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey defeated Bobby/Donnie/Tony Bass/Col. Buck Robley when Brown pinned Robley with a sunset flip

Grudge Match

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned "Latin Lover" Al Madril with a rolling cradle……before Street could celebrate Hercules Hernandez blind sided him….he put Street in a full nelson while Madril punched him in the face repeatedly until Cooley and Casey hit the ring and made the save

No DQ/No Count Out

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated the Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Fuller kicked Davis with his 'loaded boot' and covered him for the 1-2-3!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned Bugsy McGraw with his feet on the ropes to retain the title

MAIN EVENT

Southern Street Fight

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki/One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar defeated the Fabulous Freebirds (Hayes/Gordy/Roberts) when Gang pinned Roberts after a '747 splash'

Very exciting and realistic set of house shows. Love how you have the same card for the entire week.  The Southern Street Fight would have been awesome to watch.  Also like the attack of Hercules on Street.  Is Madril going to become kind of the ring leader of that heel group?

Olympia/Herc would be my kind of 15 minute slugfest!

That 8 man tag would have been a wild one. Koko and Brickhouse are getting over nicely.

Street/Madril may be my favorite feud happening anywhere at the moment.

Landell gets a week off, I see!

Speaking of wild ones, that main event was probably a wild brawl every night of the week. Good to see the Gang picking up the win.

Another exciting loop in SECW! 

Lars Anderson arrives.

Olympia/Hercules is the type of match up I love.

Street gets a solid win over Madril but Herc and Madril do a number on him. 

I was waiting for this gimmick match and you never disappoint. Fuller and Golden show the Nightmares how to do it. 

Bugsy was racking up wins and deserved that shot against Landel. Landel retains but I know Bugsy gave him a run for his money. 

Great main event as Akbar's men beat the Freebirds in a street fight! Akbar is getting some momentum going again. This could be dangerous. 

Continental+Championship+Wrestling+logo.

AWA Continental Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Taped at 10am/Airing at 3pm on Saturday July 20, 1984 on Superstation WTBS and other

Television outlets across Alabama/Mississippi/East Tennessee/North Florida

Hosted by Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Interviews: Joe Pedicino

AWA Continental Commissioner: Les Thatcher

GW430.png

(Show opens with highlight footage of what happened in Knoxville on Monday night when "Dr. D" interfered in a Bob Armstrong vs. Buddy Landel match and challenged Bob Armstrong to a Loser Leaves Town Steel Cage Match tonight at Rocket City Rumble in Huntsville and warned Buddy Landel to stay out of his business…..we then go to the opening montage and to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and everyone and welcome once again to Continental Championship Wrestling, we have a huge show for you today here on television as well as an even bigger event happening tonight in Huntsville, Alabama…..the Rocket City Rumble….a huge card there tonight and what a treat for our viewers as today we will have the AWA World Heavyweight Champion Ted Dibiase in action right here in the studio and he'll also be this week's guest on Al Madril's Fiesta Garden."

RPG: "Listen Platt, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that Ted Dibiase is here….I'm a big fan of his….but I can't believe we've started the show out today without mentioning the biggest thing to happen in the brief history of Continental Wrestling."

Platt: "What might that be, Ronnie?"

(Before Gossett responds…..'WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS' by Queen starts blasting in the studio and moments later….the new Continental Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel struts into the studio)

RPG: "The fact that as predicted "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel is the new and first ever Continental Heavyweight Champion!"

buddy_landel.jpg

Buddy: "Thank you very much, Mr. Gossett for showing me the due respect a champion such as myself deserves.  You start the show off showing footage of that clown David Schultz interfering in my match in my grand return to Knoxville on Monday night…..he has the nerve to tell me to stay out of his business when he's the one sticking his big goofy clown wig looking hair into my business!"

Platt: "Buddy, maybe that chair to the head jarred something loose…..but I was pretty sure that 'Dr. D' made it clear he wasn't going to put up with you calling him a 'clown' on Monday night."

Buddy: "Let's make a couple of things….very, very clear Charlie Platt….First thing is….David Schultz isn't here today…he's already in Huntsville so he isn't going to do anything about me calling him what he is and that's a clown and if he was here I'd slap him right in his dumb looking redneck face for hitting me with that chair.  The second thing is….stop calling him 'Dr. D'…he isn't even a real Doctor, you can't just wake up one day and call yourself a Doctor…..just like you can't just wake up one day and call yourself the 'Nature Boy'."

Platt: "Yet, here you are doing just that."

Buddy: "Ronnie…this guy has a smart mouth on him…I may need to slap HIM if this keeps up…..Listen here Charlie Platt….I'm the Continental Heavyweight Champion…..what title does the other so called Nature Boy hold…..go ahead….I'll wait….that's right he doesn't have a title!  I call myself the Nature Boy because I AM the Nature Boy and don't you ever forget it.  As far as David Schultz is concerned the 'Boss' said I can call him whatever I want to and he has my back so I'm not worried about him or any other redneck that's out here running their stupid mouth.  Speaking of rednecks, what's this I hear about defending my title against Tommy Rich tonight?? How is he even a contender?  He doesn't wrestle here??"

Platt: "He's a former NWA World Champion and a contender for any championship in the sport."

Buddy: "Last time I checked the NWA no longer exists so who cares if he was the NWA Champion? So was that other so called Nature Boy and you don't see him out here trying to challenge me?"

(Tommy Rich comes out with a bandage on his head to a loud pop from the crowd)

hqdefault.jpg

Rich: "Somebody say sumthin' bout Rocket City Rumble??  Buddy Landel, you're nothin' but a coward….you've always been a coward and you'll always be a coward…..You got the nerve to ask how I'm a contender for that title?  You can't be serious!  Listen boy I've got the resume to back it up…I don't need some fat guy behind a desk out here talkin' me up….I do my talkin' in the ring just like I'll do tonight when I pin your shoulders to the mat and take that belt off from around your waist!"

Buddy: "Hold on one damn minute Tommy Rich…..I see you have a bandage on your head …well it must be because you've got some severe brain damage if you think I'm a coward or if you think my best friend Ronald P. Gossett is fat….that was uncalled for and I hope after you scream I quit to my figure four leglock you crawl over to Mr. Gossett and apologize for being the uncouth redneck you've come out here and proven yourself to be!"

Rich: "That's fine Buddy, keep talkin' , it's what you do best….meanwhile I'm going to climb in this ring and show you what I do best!"

====================================

MATCH #1:

Tommy 'Wildfire' Rich pinned Buster Scruggs with a 'Lou Thesz Press'

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Platt: "So much action going on tonight but one of the more unique and interesting things that will be happening is how we will be going about crowning a Continental Television Champion."

RPG: "You know of all the low brow, classless, and trashy people who have ever appeared on this show, Tommy Rich takes the cake….what a low life he is."

Platt: "Ronnie, we've moved on…come join us. We're talking about the 30 man two ring battle royal that will lead to the match to crown the TV champion tonight."

RPG: "I have to give Thatcher credit it's certainly a creative way to crown a champion. Typically a two ring battle royal has everyone in one ring which spills to the other ring…so on and so forth…but in this match…there will be 15 men in one ring and 15 men in the other ring….the last man standing in ring one faces the last man standing in ring two and the winner of that match is the first ever Continental Television Champion."

Platt: "Not to mention we have some new faces appearing in those battle royals that are here competing hoping to strike gold in their CCW debut."

RPG: "Well…why don't you just go ahead and run down the whole card for the Rocket City Rumble."

(Platt gives the card for tonight's big event)

Rocket City Rumble '84

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

TONIGHT!!
Bell Time- 7:30pm

MAIN EVENT

STEEL CAGE MATCH

Loser Leaves Town

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Schultz

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

AWA World Championship
Ted Dibiase

Vs.

AWA Southeastern Champion

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy

AWA Continental Tag Team Championship

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji

Vs.

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

Vs.

Tommy "Wildfire" Rich

Brad Armstrong

Vs.

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

FINAL SHOWDOWN- No More Matches between these two teams for 1 year

BUNKHOUSE MATCH

The Rat Patrol (Johnny Rich/Steve Armstrong)

Vs.

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

30 Man Two Ring Battle Royal to Crown the Television Champion

Ring 1:

1. Super Black Ninja
  2. Wendell Cooley
  3. Brickhouse Brown
  4. Rip Rogers
  5. Mr. Olympia
  6. Pat Rose
  7. Don Bass
  8. Bobby Bass
  9. Tony Bass
  10. Koko Ware
  11. Grappler 2
  12. One Man Gang
  13. Luke Graham
  14. Scott Armstrong
  15. Michael Hayes

Ring 2:

1. Buddy Roberts
  2. Bugsy McGraw
  3. Lars Anderson
  4. Scott Casey
  5. Gypsy Joe
  6. King Kong Bundy
  7. Randy Rose
  8. Roy Lee Welch
  9. "Gentleman" Ken Timbs
  10. Nelson Royal
  11. Mr. Fuji
  12. Tiger Mask II
  13. Hercules Hernandez
  14. Adrian Street
  15. Al Madril

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

===========================

MATCH #2:

King Kong Bundy pinned Roy Munson in 9 seconds after a quick Avalanche in the corner at the opening bell followed by a splash for the 1-2-3…Bundy insisted the referee count to 5!!

(Bundy comes and leans across the desk)

Bundy: "Listen up…..I'm putting EVERYBODY on notice….big, small, short, or tall….they are all getting tossed over that top rope and I'm taking that television championship!"

(Bundy turns and leaves)

===========================

(The camera now pans over to the set of the one and only FIESTA GARDEN where this week Al Madril has Hercules Hernandez wearing a sombrero and he doesn't look amused)

Al: "Hola everyone and welcome to another edition of the Fiesta Garden, I of course am the uncrowned AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Alberto Madril…and with me as always my compadre, mi amigo…the strongest man in wrestling today…of course I'm referring to Hercules Hernandez…..say hello, Hercules!"

Herc: "Hello….Hercules."

Al: "Hey you remembered….that was great! I'm telling you if this wrestling thing don't work out…we could be the next Cheech and Chong….well, except for the…well no, we've got that covered too….anyways…..Today, I want to welcome a very special guest…we're very thrilled and honored to have him here….he's the current AWA World Heavyweight Champion, Ted Dibiase."

(Dibiase comes out dressed to wrestle with the belt draped over his shoulder)

Ted: "Wow….this is some set up you have here Al….(offers a handshake to Hercules who just completely no sells him) What's his problem?"

Al: "Oh no problem….he's just not a people person like me….me, I love people…well people like you….not people like the ones in this audience." (loud boos)

Ted: "Well, I'm certainly with you on that one.  I'll tell you some other people I don't like and that's people like those stupid Freebirds."

Al: "Oh yeah, they are very low class.  Especially that Gordy that you have to wrestle tonight…You better watch him…A good friend of mine had to wrestle him on television last week and he cheated like crazy…it was a disgrace….they shouldn't have aired it…kids didn't need to see that sorta thing, ya know."

Ted: "I agree 100%, they're a bunch of whiskey drinking rednecks and they certainly aren't anyone that good decent folks would cheer for which explains why these simpletons in Alabama love them."

Al: "You know who else is a real piece of work….who kids shouldn't be seeing and looking up to….that weirdo Adrian Street."

Ted: "Oh yeah, I've had some run ins with him….he's a disgrace….if I saw him I'd slap that sissy make up off his face and send him back to England."

('Imagine what I could do to you' suddenly plays and Adrian makes his way to the set)

Al: "What are you doing out here?? You can't just invade my show anytime you want the way you've been sticking your nose in my matches lately."

Adrian: "First of all darling, I'll invade any place I want to anytime I want to…..but I just wanted to come out here and give the World Champion a chance to make good on this outrageous claim that he'll slap all this beautiful make up off my face and send me back to England….I'll be quite honest my Mum would probably be quite happy because I haven't been home to visit in a while, so come on Theodore, don't be shy, champ…give me a good whack and let's see where this goes."

Al: "Teddy, don't respond to him…this is my show and I apologize for this disturbance."

Adrian: "Ohhh Teddy….is that short for Teddy Bear? How sweet….Teddy Bear, isn't Alberto charming in such a exotic way? If all these titles and what not weren't all in our business I bet the three of us would get along famously….in fact I bet we could go around the world if you know what I mean...."
(Dibiase finally snaps)

Ted: "Is there a point to all this, Street? Why the hell are you out here?!?  I'm the World Champion, show some respect!"

Adrian: "Well darling, I did show respect by giving you the chance to slap me first but if you thought what I said was disrespectful…(Slaps Dibiase in the face) then how about we send this Randy Watson guy you were about to wrestle to the back and you and I have a go at it…"

Al: "Absolutely not, you don't deserve to wrestle the World Champion.." (Dibiase snatches the mic away)

Ted: "You're on Street…..get in that ring….let's go right now."

Adrian: "My word, how forward……I thought you'd never ask." (Street heads over to the ring as Dibiase hands Madril the Championship belt and his jacket)

============================

MATCH #3:

AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase vs. "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

The match was amazing as Dibiase hit the ring flustered and Street used that to his advantage getting the better of the champ for the first few minutes until Dibiase finally gained control and looked to have things well in hand until Street started to mount a bit of a comeback…Dibiase didn't seem to be in any danger of losing at that moment but Al Madril slid into the ring and cracked Street in the head with World Championship belt causing the DQ on Dibiase.  Dibiase snatched the belt from Madril and stormed off seemingly not happy with the result.  Hercules put the boots to Street for a moment….while Madril grabbed the mic and said, "Adrian Street as long as I'm breathing you will NEVER hold another title in wrestling….I will ruin every opportunity you ever have and I promise that!"

COMMERCIAL BREAK

RPG: "I said it on commentary and I'll say it again….Adrian Street is a menace and I can't wait until Al Madril or Hercules Hernandez puts a stop to his foolishness.  It's sickening, Charlie Platt."

Platt: "What's sickening is guys like Madril and Landel constantly interfering in people's matches like that."

RPG: "Oh boo hoo……Street had it coming."

Platt: "That's your opinion but up until Madril interfered we had a great match going on but the crazy thing is….that wasn't even our main event….we've got a doozy coming up later today."

RPG: "That I have to agree with…and things have been getting a bit heated between these two teams."

Platt: "Well both of these teams have huge matches tonight in Huntsville but they've still agreed to square off here on tv as The Nightmares will face Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden right here in our main event."

RPG: "I also understand to make sure there wasn't any interference the Rat Patrol and the team of Kabuki/Nagasaki were told to head on to Huntsville and they aren't even in town today much less in the studio."

Platt: "Despite the bad blood between the teams,  I don't think we'd have to worry about the Rat Patrol interfering…..Fuji's men…that's another story."

MATCH #4:

Lars Anderson defeated Ken Powers by submission with an armbar

(post match: Joe Pedicino approached Lars Anderson)

Joe: "Lars, I'm a bit surprised to see you turn up here in Continental I know you've been living the good life in Hawaii and wrestling out there when you aren't on the beach."

Lars: "Well Joe, the good life isn't cheap….so I'm trying to bank some money so when the time comes to hang up these boots….I've got plenty of years of living the good life on the beach without a care in the world….least of all money…..so how do you make money in wrestling Joe Pedicino…by winning titles….so when I heard about this battle royal tonight for this Television title…I knew I had to come throw my hat in the ring and this kinda fight is right up my alley."

Joe: "I see your point Lars, and this title especially will be an opportunity to make money because anytime there's a television camera around that title will be on the line…..every single week on television and every large show that's going to air in some form on tv, the title will be on the line."

Lars: "Even better…..I know there's some big boys in those battle royals like One Man Gang, King Kong Bundy, and Hercules…..but the Andersons have always said….the bigger they are, the harder they fall…..don't bet against me, Joe."

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Platt: "Good to see Lars Anderson back in action here in Continental."

RPG: "Who cares about any of them Andersons, we're about to see the champ in action!"

Platt: "Good grief….more from Landel."

(Landel comes out once again to 'We are the Champions' by Queen)

Buddy: "How do you like that song by Queen, Ronnie?  Speaking of Queens, is Adrian Street not the most disrespectful person you've ever seen?"

Platt: "I can think of at least one more…"

Buddy: "Keep it up Charlie Platt…..you got the Continental Champion out here and you try to act like you don't like it….yet you pretend to be excited for Lars Anderson being out here…..who else is excited to see Lars Anderson? Lars Anderson is older than baseball…..I didn't know he was even still alive Ronnie….and why does he not look like any of those other Andersons? He must have been adopted or something…..or just didn't get that unfortunate hair gene……Arn Anderson is younger than me but looks like he's 50 years old."

Platt: "Arn Anderson doesn't even wrestle here, what does that have to do with anything?"

Buddy: "I'm making conversation Charlie Platt, I'm being topical, Lars Anderson came up and somebody had told me that Arn and Oldy Anderson had won some kinda tag belts or something."

Platt: "It's Ole Anderson…not Oldy."

Buddy: "Potato/Potatoe…..does it really matter? Whatever you call the old timer….he's sure not Buddy Landel…..and neither is their cousin…"

Platt: "Come on Buddy, enough already with the Flair stuff ok…..he left…you're here….we get it already."

Buddy: "That's it….I've had it with your mouth Charlie Platt…..the beating this kid is about to get is on you……this is your fault!"

===================================

MATCH #5:

Continental Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Benny Figg by submission with the figure four leg lock but he then refused to release the hold trying to injure the kid until TOMMY RICH hit the ring and started raining down right hands on Landel which eventually led to him releasing the figure four and fleeing the studio as Rich gave chase right out the side door.

===================================

(The Nightmares are approached before their main event against Fuller/Golden by Joe Pedicino)

Joe: "Guys tonight you end your long running rivalry with the Rat Patrol as win, lose, or draw you can't wrestle them again for a year after tonight's match."

Wayne: "Well it's about time we got to talk….we've been here for months and this is one of the only times you've stuck a mic in our face….but yeah, quite frankly we're sick of beating up the Rat Patrol….they're just too stupid to quit so after tonight it's out of their hands they have to quit."

Davis: "We'll get to them tonight….right now we're focusing on getting the win over Fuller and Golden…that way if they do manage to beat the Japanese team tonight….we're first in line for those belts….we've aligned ourselves with a great stable with Landel/Madril/Hercules and we're going straight to the top…and we'll be glad to be done beating on the Rat Patrol!"

=====================================

MAIN EVENT
MATCH #6:

The Nightmares (Davis/Wayne) defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Davis rolled up Golden with a handful of tights and his feet on the ropes

Platt: "Fans, get in your car right now and head to Huntsville for Rocket City Rumble….it's going to be a wild one and I just got a note stating Al Madril promises to have the winner of the Loser leaves town match next week on the Fiesta Garden, no matter who it is!  That should be very very interesting!"

© 1984 AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

Oh Shit, what a great show!

Landell is being done perfectly. Just a total douchebag, making enemies of everyone.

"he isn't even a real doctor" is my second favorite line of the show, fantastic stuff. Schultz is going to kill him!

I was not expecting Tommy Rich to show up! That's going to be one hell of a fight!

The big two ring battle royal is going to be something to see, and man that is one stacked card!

....and Bundy has to be the early favorite to win that tile! At his size, he can toss out FIIIVVVEEE guys at a time.... okay, maybe not.

Holy Shit, please never stop doing the Fiesta Garden. The picture of Hercules standing in his usual attire, with his arms crossed, looking pissed off as all hell, with a fucking sombrero is amazing.

" so come on Theodore, don't be shy, champ…give me a good whack and let's see where this goes. " is my favorite line of the show, I honestly laughed out loud. You're Adrian Street is amazing. The "around the world" line is fantastic too, because it's just vague enough to get past censors, but people who understood it would been rolling.

Fucking awesome segment.

Street/Dibiase would have been awesome, and it's too bad Madril got involved, but it also furthers Madril/Street, so I can't be upset at all!

Nice intro for Lars Anderson.

Which leads into another hilarious conversation for Buddy.  Oldy Anderson, and the cracks about Arn's hair were great. Though Buddy better hope they don't hear them.

Nightmares get one over on Golden/Fuller! They'll pay for that!!

Dude, that is hands down one of the best TV shows I've read in this project. Awesome stuff.

SECW just keeps rolling! 

Landel is all over tonight as he has words for Shultz, Flair and the Andersons. He better be focused because TOMMY RICH arrives on the scene and gets a title shot! Rich is going to be huge here.

2 Ring battle royal with the winners battling for the TV title...Fantastic idea! Bundy has got to be an early favorite but in SECW you never know LOL. 

Another great Fiesta Garden as Street ends up against Dibiase. Loved this entire segment as it adds more heat with Street, Herc and Madril and also gets Dibiase more over as champ. Dibiase vs. Gordy will be a classic. 

Nightmares get a big TV win over Fuller and Golden. Can they get the last laugh on the Rat Patrol? 

The promos are on fire. You have Landel, Street, Alberto just tearing it up! 

Your back and forth between Pratt and RPG is Priceless!   Through in what you did tonight with WIldfire and Landell + The Fiesta Garden with Street invading and this might be my favorite show in the game so far.  Thanks for all the hard work.  I know interviews are hard to write.

Thanks guys for all the great feedback! I feel like I've really hit my stride recently mostly thanks to my current state of unemployment I've had more time to write promos and such...hopefully once I go back to work I can maintain the promos at least with the characters that are hot right now.  Writing for Landel/Madril/Street are the most fun I've had writing promos since the Garvin/Precious/Embry promos I used to write in the '83 game which I had a blast writing.

Rocket City Rumble '84

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, Alabama

Saturday July 20, 1984

Bell Time- 7pm

30 Man Rocket City Rumble

(2 Rings w/15 men in each- Winner of Ring 1 wrestles the Winner of Ring 2 later tonight to crown the first CCW Television Champion)

Ring 1:

1. Super Black Ninja
  2. Wendell Cooley
  3. Brickhouse Brown
  4. Rip Rogers
  5. Mr. Olympia
  6. Pat Rose
  7. Don Bass
  8. Bobby Bass
  9. Tony Bass
  10. Koko Ware
  11. Grappler 2
  12. One Man Gang
  13. Luke Graham
  14. Scott Armstrong
  15. Michael Hayes

Final four men come down to Mr. Olympia/One Man Gang/Wendell Cooley/Super Black Ninja 

Cooley struggles with Gang while Olympia and Ninja battle it out…..Ninja goes for his handspring elbow into the corner, Olympia moves and as Ninja hits the corner….Olympia clotheslines him over the top and eliminates him….as this is happening Cooley hooks Gang for a running bulldog but as he goes for it, Gang lifts him up and shoves straight out over the top rope…Olympia charges Gang and hits him with a dropkick that staggers him…..and then a 2nd one….Gang is staggered and seems really off balance….Olympia charges towards him with a cross body but Gang just catches him and tosses him over the top to win ring one…….meanwhile over in ring two

Ring 2:

1. Buddy Roberts
  2. Bugsy McGraw
  3. Lars Anderson
  4. Scott Casey
  5. Gypsy Joe
  6. King Kong Bundy
  7. Randy Rose
  8. Roy Lee Welch
  9. "Gentleman" Ken Timbs
  10. Nelson Royal
  11. Mr. Fuji
  12. Tiger Mask II
  13. Hercules Hernandez
  14. Adrian Street
  15. Al Madril

At one point Street and Madril are struggling to eliminate each other and King Kong Bundy comes from behind and pushes them both over the top rope….this leads to the final four being Bundy/Hercules Hernandez/Lars Anderson/Scott Casey…..they pair off with Casey and Hercules fighting in one corner and Bundy and Lars battling in the other corner….Bundy throws Lars over the top but he slides back in without hitting the floor…..Hercules presses Casey over his head and drops him to the floor…which looked brutal as hell….Bundy hits Hercules from behind and goes to work on him when suddenly Al Madril who Bundy eliminated comes back to ringside and spits at Bundy, Bundy reaches over the top rope to lunge at Madril allowing Hercules to gently push him over for the elimination!  Hercules throws his hands up celebrating his win….not realizing that Lars Anderson is still in the ring as Lars clotheslines Herc in the back of the head sending over the top rope to the floor onto Al Madril who was trying to tell him to "look behind you"….Bundy and Hercules brawl up the aisle and out of sight

Rick Stewart announces later tonight One Man Gang will face Lars Anderson for the Television Title

FINAL SHOWDOWN

Bunkhouse Tag Team Match

The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated the Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Armstrong pinned Wayne after taking off his cowboy boot and busting him open with it

Continental Television Championship

Lars Anderson defeated One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar by submission with the armbar, post match Akbar is not happy with Gang as he berates him for submitting…Fuji comes out and calms things down and they finally all leave together

Brad Armstrong vs. "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

As Street is in the ring waiting for the champion to arrive, Joe Pedicino comes to the ring and announces that there was some sort of mix up, as they sent a driver to pick Brad up from the airport but he still hasn't arrived….as he says that Al Madril and Hercules show up at ringside and Madril takes a mic…"Uh oh, what a terrible mix up. My nephew is usually really good with directions but I guess he got confused…"  Street jumps out of the ring and attacks Madril….as Hercules goes to grab Street he is attacked once again by King Kong Bundy! And there's a brawl around ringside as apparently Al Madril has sabotaged the World Light Heavyweight Title match.

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel defeated Tommy "Wildfire" Rich via referee stoppage due to excessive blood loss….at one point earlier in the match, the two were fighting on the floor and Landel managed to run Rich's head into the ring post…which re-opened a bad cut on his head that had been bandaged and it continued to bleed worse and worse until the ref finally stopped the match

AWA Continental Tag Team Championship

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji when Kabuki tried to spray Golden with the mist but he covered his eyes and then caught him with a small package to win the championships!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

AWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ted Dibiase went to a 45 minute time limit draw with Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy and retained the title

Gordy was in control during the final few minutes and went for multiple pin attempts but couldn't put Dibiase away….after it was declared a draw….the fans chanted "five more minutes" but Dibiase wasn't having it as he grabbed the belt and left ringside

MAIN EVENT

Loser Leaves Town-Steel Cage Match

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

Vs.

"Dr. D" David Schultz

Highlights: The two men battled brutally for over 20 minute inside the cage with both men bleeding and neither one keeping a clear advantage for any significant amount of time…until finally Bob locked Schultz in a sleeper hold…..Schultz looked to be in some real trouble when suddenly Hercules, Buddy Landel, and Al Madril showed up at ringside….Hercules managed to BREAK THE CHAIN that held the door closed and ripped it open….Madril ran in and held the referee over in the corner while Landel sprayed something on a rag and put it over Armstrong's face…..Armstrong went out which caused Schultz to fall face first to the mat…out from the sleeper hold…..Landel dragged Schultz on top of Armstrong and then fled the cage along with Madril….the referee had no choice but to count to three!   Ring announcer Rick Stewart declared "Dr. D" the winner and announced that per the stipulation Bob Armstrong must now leave CCW…..As Schultz started to recover, the referee raised his hand in victory as "Dr. D" tried to figure out what had happened as he seemingly had no idea that the interference took place. Brad Armstrong (who finally made it to the arena along with Scott/Steve came out to help Bob Armstrong out of the ring as he was still quite dazed from whatever was on that rag Landel put him out with…..The fans were livid as they left the arena.