GeneJackson95

Continental Championship Wrestling

Presents

"Saturday Night Special"

Airing Live on Superstation WTBS

At 7:05pm eastern on 8/3/84

Civic Coliseum

Knoxville, Tennessee

(Show opens with a Charlie Platt & Joe Pedicino in tuxedos at ringside)

Platt: "Hello fans and welcome to Continental Championship Wrestling's first ever 'Saturday Night Special' here on the Superstation WTBS and we've got some great matches in store for you tonight!"

Pedicino: "We'll be kicking things off with a U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship rematch as Nelson Royal once again challenges Super Black Ninja for the title but this time there will be a 30 minute time limit! I'm also excited to say that the Rat Patrol, Steve Armstrong and Johnny Rich will defend against the Stud Stable's Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden…and at the request of Fuller and Golden, the Nightmares have been barred from the building."

Platt: "Not to mention, we'll see the 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel put the Continental Championship on the line tonight against Freebird Michael 'P.S.' Hayes and in the main event it's going to be a six man tag team match inside a steel cage as Terry Gordy, Adrian Street, and King Kong Bundy will take on the AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase along with Al Madril, and Hercules Hernandez!"

Pedicino: "Let's get things started right now!"

=============================

MATCH #1:
AWA U.S. Jr. Championship

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji defeated Nelson Royal with a with a bridging German Suplex in 17:53

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #2:

Four Corners Elimination Match (#1 Contender's for the CCW Tag Team Titles)

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

Vs.

Pat/Randy Rose

Vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey

Vs.

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Skandor Akbar

• Soul Patrol eliminated Pat/Randy Rose when Ware pinned Pat Rose after a brainbuster

• Kabuki/Nagasaki eliminated the Soul Patrol when Kabuki pinned Brown after hitting him in the throat with his nunchucks behind the referee's back

• Scott Casey/Wendell Cooley eliminated Kabuki/Nagasaki when Cooley pinned Nagasaki after a running bulldog, Cooley/Casey will get a shot at the CCW Tag Team Titles next Saturday night in Pensacola, Florida

The Rat Patrol- Steve Armstrong and Johnny Rich came down to ringside and shook hands with Cooley and Casey and said on the mic they look forward to competing with them for the tag team titles…..when suddenly the entire Stud Stable rushed them and attacked…..in the melee, Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden managed to spike piledrive Steve Armstrong on the floor….at that point the Stud Stable retreated back up the aisle….Steve Armstrong had to be taken out on a stretcher.

=====================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=====================

Platt: "What a heinous attack by the Stud Stable and Joe, I know you went to the back during the commercial break….what exactly did you find out about the condition of Steve Armstrong?"

Pedicino: "Steve has been take to a local hospital here in Knoxville….Les Thatcher has confirmed that the title match will still take place but since the contract was simply signed The Rat Patrol vs. Fuller and Golden, Scott Armstrong will team with Johnny Rich to defend those belts here tonight."

======================

MATCH #3:

AWA Continental Television Championship

Lars Anderson defeated One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar by DQ when Akbar interfered

After the match Gang argued with Akbar saying he didn’t need any help…Akbar told him to "shut his mouth!"  Gang fired back, "You wanna make me?"  Akbar put his finger in Gang's face and Gang shoved him down just as Mr. Fuji arrived to try and settle things down….the three left together but the tensions were obviously high

=======================

(VTR Courtesy of World Class Wrestling featuring Bill Watts' announcement)

Bill Watts: Okay folks, we promised a big announcement, and here it is. On Sunday August 25th, World Class Wrestling are teaming up with our friends at Continental Wrestling to bring you what we are calling "The Battle of New Orleans" and it will take place at the Superdome! We are going to have all of the stars from here in World Class Wrestling as well as all of the great stars of Continental Wrestling which you can see every Saturday on Superstation WTBS, not to mention the AWA World Heavyweight and World Tag Team Champions in attendance as well.

This card is going to be stacked from top to bottom and on top of the match for the World Class Tag Team Titles that I just announced between The Midnight Express and The Islanders, I can also tell you that Nick Bockwinkel will defend the World Class Heavyweight Championship against Kevin Von Erich that night!

=======================

Platt: "Joe, we heard the big announcement from 'Cowboy' Bill Watts earlier today on the Fiesta Garden with Al Madril and there just to recap, we aired the Cowboy's announcement from yesterday's World Class television…..this is going to be a huge event and a unique opportunity for fans to see wrestlers from both World Class and Continental Wrestling on a single card and have some huge matches to announce in the upcoming weeks."

Pedicino: "I can barely put into words how excited I am about this, World Class and Continental Championship Wrestling co-promoting in the Super Dome….I can't wait!"

Platt: "I'm excited as well but right now let's go back to the ring for our Continental Tag Team title match!"

=======================

MATCH #4:

Continental Tag Team Championship

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller defeated The Rat Patrol (Johnny Rich/Scott Armstrong) when Fuller pinned Armstrong after a spike piledriver to win back the CCW tag team championship

Ron Fuller: "The Stud Stable has the top two titles in Continental in our grasp…and we'll have the rest real soon…and I know that for a fact because I brought my own security force surrounding this whole building and much like the Nightmares…that redneck David Schultz won't set foot in this building tonight!!"

=======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

=======================

(VTR- Highlights of Kerry Von Erich in action)

Platt: "Fans we just spoke to you before that last match about CCW working in conjunction with World Class at the Super Dome, well we're excited to announce that Kerry Von Erich will be in action next Saturday right here on CCW television."

Pedicino: "Kerry Von Erich is one of the top stars in all of the AWA, and one of the most impressive athletes to ever come out of Texas and I'm told that not only will he be in action….he'll also be a guest on the Fiesta Garden with Al Madril."

Platt: "Oh my….that should be interesting for sure. Kerry Von Erich will not be one to put up with the antics of the 'Latin Lover'."

(Buddy Landel comes over to the broadcast table on his way to the ring)

Buddy: "Charlie Platt, you two can't be serious…..why on earth would Continental Wrestling bring any of those Von Erichs here?  I'm sure Daddy Fritz is slipping some cash to Les Thatcher to put that goof on the Superstation."

Pedicino: "Goof? Kerry Von Erich is an intelligent young man and I'm sure he won't take kindly to you coming out here knocking him and his family."

Buddy: "First of all, I'm sure Kerry won't look up from his coloring book long enough to comprehend that I insulted him or his idiotic family….and I know their state motto is 'everything's dumber in Texas' but even Kerry Von Erich doesn't want none of me…..and one more thing….why are people acting like we should be excited to go to New Orleans?  New Orleans is disgusting….the whole place smells like urine and hot garbage…I so can't wait to get mugged on the way to my limo by some cajun…"

(Unbeknownst to Landel, his opponent Michael Hayes is in the ring and grabs the mic)

Hayes: "Hey….'Dime Store Flair' are you going to get in this ring and defend that belt? Or do you just plan to stand down there and talk trash about one of the most respected families in this business….Listen, Buddy boy….I know you and I know Kerry Von Erich…..and you sir are damn sure no Kerry Von Erich!"

(Landel throws down his mic and heads into the ring)

=========================

MATCH #5:

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller pinned 'Freebird' Michael "P.S." Hayes after hitting him with brass knucks while Ron Fuller had the referee distracted

==========================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(Backstage Ronnie P. Gossett is with AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase/Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez)

RPG: "I'm standing here with the AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase along with his tag team partners this evening Al Madril and Hercules Hernandez.  Ted, I know you've heard the talk that Terry Gordy is telling everyone that will listen that he's got your number and that you're scared to put the title on the line against him again and that if the match at Beach Brawl would have had a longer time limit he would be the champion now."

Dibiase: "Oh yeah…..I've heard the talk and that's all that is…..talk.  It's easy to talk…it's easy to make claims and tell everyone what you WOULD have done if there was more time…..but let's talk about what he DID do…and that's not get the job done.  The fact of the matter is this….you had 45 minutes to beat me that night and you couldn't do it and there's no way to know whether or not if there had been a 90 minute time limit if you could have got the job done…..but here's the one thing that isn't speculation, this belt is around MY waist….and until you prove to me and the AWA that you deserve another shot….you won't be getting another shot so talk all you want Bam Bam, I'll be busy defending this title all over the world while you run around the South telling everyone how you COULD have been champion if you had more time…."

Madril: "You know Champ…..it's almost a sickness around here…all this talk.  Guys like Gordy like to talk….guys like that sissy Adrian Street like to talk….and guys like that big tub of lard King Kong Bundy like to talk too.  Boys, the time for talking is over….you guys are going to have to step into a steel cage and back up all this big TALK you've been doing. Hercules, what do you think about it?"

Hercules: "No more talking…."

(They head towards the ring)

===========================

(We cut to the other locker room where Rick Stewart is with Gordy/Street/Bundy)

Stewart: "Adrian, Dibiase and Madril just had a lot to say about you guys and basically said you guys are all talk."

Street: (smiles) "Well Rick…..looks who's talking."

(Bundy shoves Stewart out of the way…..and heads to the ring as Street and Gordy mean mug him as they pass by)

Platt: "These guys all look more deadly serious than we've seen them in a long, long time."

MATCH #6:

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN TAG TEAM STEEL CAGE MATCH

Terry 'Bam Bam' Gordy/"Exotic" Adrian Street/King Kong Bundy defeated Ted Dibiase/Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez when Gordy pinned Dibiase with a small package….As the winners go to leave the cage, Street exits…followed by Bundy but before Gordy could exit…..Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden attack Street and Bundy with chairs as Ron Fuller slams the cage door on Gordy's head knocking him back inside as Fuller relocks the cage door…..allowing Madril/Hernandez/Dibiase to triple team Gordy inside the cage!! They take turns ramming Gordy's head into each wall of the cage…..Jimmy Golden tosses a steel chair over the top of the cage…..Hercules puts the chair around Gordy's neck as Dibiase jumps off the 2nd rope and stomps on the chair…..Gordy is writhing in pain on the mat….grabbing his neck..

Platt: "Fans, we're out of time here for the Saturday Night Special but Terry Gordy appears to be seriously injured here, Joe….this does not look good….fans, we'll see you next Saturday right here the Superstation WTBS!"

© 1984 AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God this territory is on fire. The payoff to the Bounty angle completely reshaped the territory in a huge way, and I can totally buy Dr. D as arguably the biggest star in the territory now.

That said, Gordy feels like he’s on the cusp of immortality at this point, or was before the heels hurt him severely. DiBiase is such a strong champ for the AWA because he can be anything anywhere. 

But really this promotion belongs to the Studd stable at this point. The babyfaces are gonna have to come out strong soon because they are up there with Buddy Rose as looking like AWA’s biggest threat. 

Steve O picks up a nice debut win on Television.

Landell's weekly angry tirade has truly become one of the best things in the whole AWA.

Grappler 2 and Soul Patrol both pick up wins, and Grappler 2 is really building some nice momentum.

No nonsense Bill Watts on the Fiesta Garden was fantastic! Nice way to announce The Battle of New Orlens on your end, now we just have to see if Madril gets his match!

Michael Hayes picks up a nice win over Rich Mahogany, that guy always has it hard....

Lars Anderson may have just finished off the Fabulous Blondes once and for all, but he still has 450 pounds of the One Man Gang breathing down his neck!!

Alright, Saturday Night Special should be good...

SBJ retains against Nelson Royal, and I don't know who is going to be able to get that title off of the Super Black Ninja.

Did not expect Cool Case (TM) to come out of the 4 corners match with the title shot! I don't figure Armstrong expected to leave on a stretcher either!

Lars retains against the Gang, but the real story is Gang has about had it with Akbar. The question is, does OMG turn, or do Akbar and Fuji split? Hmmm....

Fuller and Golden take the Tag Titles from Rich and the other Armstrong. The Stud Stable is grabbing up the gold!

The line about Kerry Von Erich looking up from his coloring book had me rolling!

Did Michael Hayes just defend Kerry Von Erich? Now, I don't know what the fuck is happening!!

Landell knocks out P.S. with the knucks to retain. That'll probably come back to haunt him. The 'Birds don't mess around!!

The good guys get the win in the main event, and Gordy has pinned the AWA World Heavyweight Champion! But after the fact, the damage is done. Gordy is hurt, and the Stud Stable stand tall.

Two great shows, and man Continental is on fire!

Saturday Night Special gives the fans a big night of action on FREE TV! 

Super Ninja kicks things off as he retains against Nelson Royal. 

Cooley and Casey win the 4 corners to get a shot at the titles. Later we find out they will be facing new champs Fuller and Golden. Man, Fuller and Golden took it to the Rat Patrol. 

Lars retains with a DQ win over OMG. Tensions are boiling between OMG and Akbar.

LOL, Landel delivers another prime promo, this time on Kerry Von Erich. Hayes cuts him off and is ready to fight. Landel (thanks to brass knuckles) walks away with the title again. 

Awesome main event as Gordy pins AWA champ Dibiase. Gordy's celebration is short lived as everybody does a number on him inside the cage! They got the best of Gordy tonight but watch out when he comes back! 

Would have enjoyed such a thing as Saturday Night Special on a free tv basis back in this year.

Really liking Buddy Landel here.

Really fun match with Bamm Bamm and Dibiase and the post match stuff was equally enjoyable.

Not that I am shocked, but some really clever angles and fun booking here. Enjoyed the read.

******SORRY GUYS....STARTED A NEW JOB THIS WEEK AND BEEN WORKING 12 HOURS DAYS....I INTEND TO GET CAUGHT ON READING SHOWS AND LEAVING FEEDBACK THIS WEEKEND AS WELL AS POSTING MY WEEKLY SHOWS....THANKS!!*******

Continental Championship Wrestling House Shows for 8/5-8/9/84

Monday August 5, 1984: Birmingham, AL.

Tuesday August 6, 1984: Gadsden, AL.

Wednesday August 7, 1984: Dothan, AL.

Thursday August 8, 1984: Mobile, AL.

Friday August 9, 1984: Panama City, FL.

Steve Olsonoski pinned "Tough" Tony Bass w/Col. Buck Robley

One Man Gang w/Mr. Fuji pinned Bugsy McGraw

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated Bobby/Donnie Bass w/Col. Buck Robley

Lars Anderson pinned Nelson Royal

The Rat Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki/Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji

Grudge Tag Team Match

"The Great" Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez defeated King Kong Bundy/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Non-Title (If Schultz wins, he gets a match with Ron Fuller on television)

"Dr. D" David Schultz pinned CCW Champion "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

MAIN EVENT

SOUTHERN STREET FIGHT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) to retain the titles

Congrats on the new job! That's great news. 

I enjoyed this loop. 

Steve O is on a roll here and picks up a nice win over Bass.

OMG puts an end to Bugsy's winning ways.

Soul Patrol are getting the best of the Bass brothers and move up the tag rankings. 

Lars goes from battling the monster OMG to solid Jr. Heavyweight contender Nelson Royal. 

Rat Patrol continue to pick up wins over Kabuki and Kendo. 

The 'Great' Al Madril! LOL, love it! 

Shultz gets a huge non title win over Landel. Fuller is next and on TV! 

I know the fans walked away happy after that Southern Street fight. Great way to cap the night. 

AWA Continental Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Taped at 10am/Airing at 3pm on Saturday Aug 10, 1984 on Superstation WTBS and other

Television outlets across Alabama/Mississippi/East Tennessee/North Florida

Hosted by Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Interviews: Joe Pedicino

AWA Continental Commissioner: Les Thatcher

(The show opens with clips from last week's 'Saturday Night Special' ending with Terry Gordy pinning AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase in the six man tag team match along with the Stud Stable's beatdown of Gordy afterwards….we then go to the opening montage and to the desk with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome wrestling fans to Continental Championship Wrestling and what a huge show we have in store for you here this week as we'll have an update on the health of the Southeastern Champion Terry Gordy, Kerry Von Erich is here and will be in the Fiesta Garden with Al Madril and Hercules Hernandez, Mr. Olympia takes on The Grappler 2, and thanks to his victory over Buddy Landel this past week…."Dr. D" David Schultz will be going one on one in the ring with the "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller right here on television."

RPG: "Charlie Platt, I just want to point out to everyone….Ron Fuller is one of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever step into a wrestling ring and people are acting like it's just a forgone conclusion that David Schultz will be not only beat the 'Tennessee Stud' but they act like Ron Fuller is supposed to be afraid of this guy…..I've got news for ya…did any of you people ever consider that maybe Ron Fuller has lured Schultz exactly where he wants him?  This isn't going to be some kind of televised assault, Ron Fuller can hold his own and Schultz may have just 'won' a match that proves to be his undoing right here in front of God and everybody on television."

Platt: "Well that remains to be seen Mr. Gossett but you do make a good point….this isn't just some manager or some guy off the street…this is a man that we've seen fight some intense battles over the years so there is something to be said for the point you just made about today's match up."

(Les Thatcher approaches the desk)

Les: "Charlie, I just wanted to come out here and announce…..I've just signed another huge match for today's television show.  As you mentioned Kerry Von Erich is here today and will be Al Madril's guest on the Fiesta Garden….but when Kerry arrived this morning he approached me and told me he heard the comments that Buddy Landel made about him and his family right here last week….so since the champion is so confident in his abilities and since he said horrible things about the Von Erichs on WTBS last week….I've signed a main event for tv today with Buddy Landel going one on one with Kerry Von Erich and if Kerry wins, he gets a title shot TONIGHT in Pensacola, but if Landel wins the match here today, Kerry says he'll never return to CCW again."

Platt: "Wow! That's a huge match added to today's show….don't you dare go away…well, that's a lot to get to so let's go to the opening match today featuring the U.S. Jr Champion Super Black Ninja!"

MATCH #1:

U.S. Jr. Champion Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Ned Grimley following a Moonsault press

(Post Match: Ninja & Fuji join Joe Pedicino in the interview area)

Joe: "Mr. Fuji, I was told that you have a big challenge you're looking to issue as it concerns the U.S. Jr. Champion, the Super Black Ninja."

Fuji: "Yes…Yes…Super Black Ninja greatest champion in AWA….there is no one here in Continental that provide any challenge for title.  So, we issue challenge to any junior heavyweight in United State….you want to challenge Ninja….he face anyone….you come here Continental….or we come to you….no one beat Super Black Ninja….no one."

Joe: "Very well Mr. Fuji, we'll see if any wrestlers or promoters from across the AWA take you up on that challenge for the U.S. Jr. championship.  Now, while I've got you here….can you please shed some light on the recent issues between your associate Skandor Akbar and the One Man Gang? Have they settled their differences? Can they co-exist? What's the latest?"

Fuji: "Oh Joe-san….you no worry about that.  Fuji-san…he make things all better with Akbar and Gang…..they no fight no more…..all is well in Devastation Incorporated."

(Fuji/Ninja quickly make their exit)

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Platt: "Welcome back to Continental Champion…" (We are the Champions plays) "Oh come on…give me a break."

(Buddy Landel comes out to the desk and grabs a mic)

Landel: "Give you a break?? Give you a break, Charlie Platt?? Are you the one who just got thrown into an unscheduled match with Kerry Von Erich?? I was supposed to have this week off!! First of all, I got cheated by that dumb redneck David Schultz and now the Stud has to lower himself to wrestling that idiot here on television…..THEN last week they announce we're going to have to go to NEW ORLEANS and wrestle at the STUPERDome in front of those lunatics….Charlie Platt, I appeared in front of a judge one time and he asked if I'd ever done any time in prison, I told him, No your honor but I once spent a week in New Orleans, he banged his gavel and said 'time served' and let me walk out scott free. I hate New Orleans, I hate Kerry Von Erich, I hate David Schultz, and I hate 'Plowboy' Bill Watts….this has been a rotten week and is getting worse by the minute….but I promise you this…Kerry Von Erich will regret the day he came to MY home turf and challenged me, 'Mr. AWA' the real 'Nature Boy' Buddy Landel…..I'm going to send him back to Texas to the Von Erich dung farm or whatever it is they live on out there in Dallas, Texas which is second only to New Orleans to being the worst place on earth. Ronnie P. I love ya brother, Charlie Platt, I hope you choke on your microphone you incompetent goof….I wish you'd move to Texas and work for Low Class Wrestling with Bill Watts.."

(Landel exits as Gossett laughs hysterically)

=========================

MATCH #2:

Mr. Olympia vs. Grappler 2

Highlights:

A very solid back and forth match as these two have met a few times in recent weeks….after several minutes it looked like Olympia might be on his way to winning as he locks Grappler into a sleeper but as Grappler 2 was flailing his arms around he "accidently" raked the eyes of the referee who went down temporarily blinded it seemed…..suddenly (much like on this week's World Class television) another Grappler appeared from out of nowhere and slid into the ring, he kicked his boot against the mat and then kicked Olympia in the back of the head….he slid the other Grappler on top of Olympia before shaking the referee then he slid out and rolled under the ring….referee Ed Faulk came over and counted 1-2-3!!   The referee raised Grappler 2's hand as the fans were livid but suddenly from out of the back came Kerry Von Erich who pulled the other Grappler out from under the ring and tossed him inside…..the referee confused by seeing two Grapplers in the ring and knowing he missed something while blinded….changed his decision to a 'No Contest'  The Grapplers were outraged but Les Thatcher came to ringside and told them he wanted them out of the studio immediately while he looked at the video tape and contacted 'Cowboy' Bill Watts!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #3:

Lars Anderson defeated Roy Lee Welch by submission with a figure four leglock to retain the title

(Post Match: The cameras go to the interview area backstage where Joe Pedicino has tracked down General Skandor Akbar and the One Man Gang)

Joe: "Guys, Lars Anderson just once again successfully defended his television title here today but more importantly…how are things between you two?"

Akbar: "Listen Pedicino, Mr. Fuji already told me you were back here trying to stir the pot earlier but there's no issues between the Gang and myself….we had a little miscue last week…things were said that shouldn't have been said on both sides but we settled it like men and we're good.  In fact, to show the Gang that I'm truly sorry…I got Les Thatcher to agree to send television cameras to Pensacola tonight so his match with Lars Anderson can be for the Television title."

Joe: "Gang, from your point of view are things good now?"

OMG: "Look, as long as he don't disrespect me and put his hands all in my face like he did last we're good."

Akbar: "Why mention that?  I told the man we're good….why do you need to say that out here?"

OMG: "Because it's true….as long as you don't cost me anymore matches, or put your hands in my face….we'll be just fine."

Akbar: (after a long pause) "You're right….that won't happen again….tonight you win that Television title and things will be smooth from here on out….let's get out of here and I'll buy you a drink somewhere and we'll discuss Lars Anderson's many weaknesses."

=======================

(we cut back to the desk where 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley has joined Charlie Platt)

Platt: "Wendell, last week you and your partner Scott Casey won a tag team title shot against Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden….but I understand there's been some sort of issue and now Scott Casey isn't here today and won't be in Pensacola tonight."

Cooley: That's right Charlie, apparently he took some sort of outside booking that Les Thatcher nor myself were aware of and he's in West Virginia somewhere but the good news is since it wasn't my fault, Mr. Thatcher is letting me find a replacement partner for tonight and that partner will be none other than Mr. Olympia!"

Platt: "Well that's great news that you'll still get your title shot.." (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware come out)

Brown: "Now hold on a minute….Koko and myself have been beating teams left and right around here….Cooley's partner can't even be bothered to show up so now he gets to just look around the dressing room and pick some random partner…what kind of crap is this?"

Cooley: "Listen Brick, all due respect…I don't see where this is any of you guy's business…"

Ware: "Well…Wildcat….we're making it our damn business…" (Rat Patrol comes out)

Rich: "Listen guys, I get what you're saying and I get why you're upset about Cooley and some random partner getting the title shot…but if anybody else should be getting a title shot it should be us…we're the former champs."

Brown: "Exactly…FORMER champs….past tense….yesterday's news…so why you don't you suckas get out of here and go wrestle the Nightmares some more.."

Armstrong: "Listen boys, don't make this thing get ugly…"

Ware: "Boys? Oh this things about to get real ugly….real quick."

Rich: "He didn't mean it like that…"

Brown: "How else could he mean it? You want to come out here and be disrespectful….how about we beat y'all tonight….then we'll face whoever wins the title match…next week."

Armstrong: "You're on guys….let's do it."

Ware: "One more question though….You call yourselves the RAT Patrol….so does that mean y'all chase RATS?  Or does that mean y'all are RATS?" 

(Rich blasts Ware with a right hand and a four way brawl breaks out in the studio so Platt calls for a break to restore order)

============================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #4:

King Kong Bundy pinned 'Big' Tom Dugan for a FIVE count after a big splash

(Charlie Platt runs down tonight's card)

Civic Auditorium

Pensacola, Florida

TONIGHT!!

Bell Time: 8pm

U.S. Jr Championship

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji

Vs.

Steve O

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne)

Vs.
The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji

Lars Anderson

Vs.

The One Man Gang w/Skandor Akbar

Special Challenge Match

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware)

Vs.

The Rat Patrol (Scott Armstrong/Johnny Rich)

"The Great" Al Madril

Vs.
"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Hercules Hernandez

Vs.

King Kong Bundy

MAIN EVENT

AWA Continental Tag Team Championship

The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden)

Vs.

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia

(CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

(Joe Pedicino is backstage with Les Thatcher)

Joe: "Les, we saw at the top of the program Terry Gordy pinning AWA World Champion Ted Dibiase but also the heinous attack by Dibiase and the Stud Stable on Gordy…what's the status of the Southeastern Champion?"

Les: "Joe, honestly his neck is in pretty rough shape but the report from the Doctor this week was with a few weeks of rest he should be good as new….so with that in mind I'm giving Terry Gordy some time off…..in fact he doesn't have to return to work until August 25th."

Joe: "Wait…why August 25th?"

Les: "Because he's booked in a match on August 25th….in New Orleans…..at the Super Dome…for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship against Ted Dibiase or whomever is champion at the time…..oh and that match will have….a one hour time limit!"

(crowd cheers)

==============================

(Ron Fuller is in the ring awaiting his match with "Dr. D" as Schultz approaches the ring and grabs a mic)

Schultz: "Listen Fuller, I'm giving you one last chance….all you have to do is pay me my 25 grand and I walk away….this isn't personal…strictly business….I get my money…it's all over with…"

Fuller: "Bring it on boy, I ain't scared of you!"

Schultz: "Ok Fuller….have it your way…"

(Schultz charges the ring)

MATCH #4:

GRUDGE MATCH

"Dr. D" David Schultz

Vs.
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

**Highlights**

Schultz hits the ring and is all over Fuller for a the first few minutes….until Fuller finally manages to cut him off with a rake to the eyes…..Fuller stays in control for a few minutes until Schultz fires back and has Fuller reeling until suddenly the whole Stud Stable (Madril/Hercules/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Landel) hits the ring and attacks Schultz and they lay a pretty good beating on him until Adrian Street/Bundy/The Rat Patrol hit the ring with chairs and clean house)  "Dr. D" David Schultz is your winner by DQ!

Les Thatcher comes out to the desk and says he's sick of all this interference and right now he's having security along with local police remove the Stud Stable (minus Landel) as well as Street, Bundy, and the Rat Patrol to ensure the main event is one on one since he's already confirmed the Grapplers are have left the premises!  Madril asked, "What about the Fiesta Garden??"  Thatcher replied, "The Fiesta Garden has been cancelled this week!" 

======================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

======================

(After the break, Les Thatcher is backstage with Joe Pedicino)

Les: "Joe, I'm sick and tired of all this interference especially from the Stud Stable….so next week I'll have an announcement about a match at Battle of New Orleans that can hopefully settle this feud once and for all with Schultz and the Stable!"

=======================

MATCH #5:

MAIN EVENT

If KVE Wins he gets a shot at the CCW Title Tonight in Pensacola, If KVE loses he never returns to CCW!!

Kerry Von Erich pinned "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel with a sunset flip

=======================

Platt: "Fans! Kerry Von Erich just pinned the champion Buddy Landel….therefore the match has been added tonight in Pensacola in our main event as Buddy Landel will be forced to defend against Kerry Von Erich! You don't want to miss this show, get down to Pensacola for Continental Championship Wrestling!"

© 1984 AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

Civic Auditorium

Pensacola, Florida

Saturday August 10, 1984

Bell Time- 8pm

U.S. Jr. Championship

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Steve O with his feet on the ropes

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji when Davis pinned Nagasaki after a tombstone piledriver/legdrop off the top rope combo

Lars Anderson pinned One Man Gang w/Gen. Skandor Akbar when Akbar threw a fireball into the face of Gang….post match Akbar shook hands with Lars Anderson and the two left together as referees tended to Gang and his burns

Special Challenge Match

The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) wrestled The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) to a 20 minute time limit draw….things got pretty intense at certain points of the match but both teams hesitantly shook hands after the match

"The Great" Al Madril w/Hercules pinned "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda with his feet on the ropes

King Kong Bundy fought Hercules Hernandez to a double disqualification when Street and Madril both got involved

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia (Subbing for Scott Casey) by DQ when the Grapplers ran in and attacked Olympia

MAIN EVENT

Continental Heavyweight Championship

Kerry Von Erich defeated "Nature Boy" Buddy Landel by DQ when the Grapplers hit the ring and attacked Von Erich…..Mr. Olympia ran into make the save and helped Kerry clear the ring of the Grapplers

After reading this, I can't even begin to decide which was my favorite segment.  Each one was on fire.

Not sure Akbar and Gang are going to be together much longer.

Love all the heat in your tag division.  They all might have a legit beef at why Cooley got to pick his own partner.  Loved how you hyped up two matches in one interview segment

KVE dragging the other Grappler out from under the ring was awesome and puts him over real quick.

Landell on the mic is priceless as he HATES everyone and everything but he might have meet his match with KVE.  He could be in for a long weekend.

Can't wait for Hatcher's announcement next week as he tries to regain some control.

Good Lord, Continental never fails to deliver!

Dug the Fuji interview, I could hear the devious one's voice in my head. Will be interesting to see who shows up to challenge the Ninja

Landell was gold as always, Low Class Wrestling got a smile out of me!

The Grapplers coming together is causing havoc for Kerry and Olympia. They'd better get on the same page.

Anderson picks up another win as the Gang and Akbar don't seem quite as united as Fuji would have us believe

Awesome segment with Cooley, Rat Patrol, and Soul Patrol. Looking forward to seeing where all of this goes.

Bundy got FIIIVVVVEEE!!! and all is right with the world!

Gordy vs Dibiase for the AWA World Title at the Superdome with a 60 Minute Time Limit! Hell Yeah!!

Fuller still won't give Schultz his money, so Schultz has to whip that ass. But here comes the Stud Stable and the fight is on!!!

Thatcher throws everyone out of the building, and it sounds like next week some shit is going down!! Nice!

Kerry picks up a win over Landell and gets a title shot!

WTF! Did not see that Anderson/Gang double cross coming at all. Wow......

The Patrol's go to a draw and shake hands.....Yeah, not buying it. That ain't done.

Olympia saves Kerry from The Grapplers! There you go boys!! Teamwork!!

Even with a new job kicking your ass, fantastic shows as always!

Once again the promos were gold! Especially Fuji and Landel LOL. 

Grapplers are causing problems in TWO territories! 

Thatcher is fed up with all the interference and has an idea. Looking forward to that.

Man, cant wait for that Dibiase/Gordy rematch.

Like the tag team tension. Really puts importance on the titles.

Great card at the Civic Center.

Super Black Ninja is becoming one of the top Juniors in the AWA.

Kabuki and Kendo have fallen on hard times. This time they fall to the Nightmares.

What a swerve! Lars aligns with Akbar! Oh man the Lars/OMG feud continues with a new twist. 

I wonder how Cooley is going to react when Casey gets back. Casey's departure caused quite a stir with the other teams.

Kerry and Landel have a fun weekend feud that might continue. Lot's of intrigue here. 

The StuperDome oh I mean Super Dome card cant come soon enough. 

Boutwell Auditorium

Birmingham, Alabama

Monday August 12, 1984

Bell Time: 7pm

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Pat Rose after a moonsault

Scott Casey pinned "Gentleman" Ken Timbs after a running bulldog

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated the Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Ware pinned Wayne with a roll up and a handful of tights

Lars Anderson w/General Skandor Akbar pinned 'Freebird' Buddy Jack Roberts with a small package

"The Great" Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich)by count out when Armstrong went out to confront the Soul Patrol who had came to ringside to watch the match and lost track of the count

AWA Continental Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel w/"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley by pinfall after Fuller interfered behind the ref's back….while Landel and Fuller were celebrating, "Dr. D" David Schultz came out of the crowd yelling "where's my money" as he chased them out of the arena with a baseball bat!

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

King Kong Bundy/"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden by DQ when Bundy gave Fuller an avalanche in the corner and Fuller clotheslined the ref as he fell out of the corner causing the DQ

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Heavyweight Championship

Ted Dibiase pinned 'Freebird' Michael 'P.S.' Hayes after a swinging neck breaker 

After the match, Dibiase took microphone and said that next Sunday in New Orleans that Hayes' "brother" Terry Gordy will go down just like Hayes because his neck will not withstand the punishment he has in store for Gordy!  Just as Dibiase put the mic down…the opening chords of 'Freebird' started to play as Gordy came down the aisle wearing a neck brace….Gordy takes the house mic as Dibiase points to his neck and smiles…..Gordy smiles back as he RIPS off the neck brace and says, "Listen here….CHAMP….don't you worry about my neck….it's just fine and next Sunday when I pin your shoulders to the mat in front of that huge crowd at the Super Dome, you can kiss that title goodbye because me and my BROTHERS will be taking it back home to Badstreet..ATLANTA, GA…and boy, there ain't damn thing you can go about it!!"  (Badstreet USA hits over the P.A. as the Birmingham crowd goes wild and Dibiase is in the ring livid)

AWA Continental Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Taped at 10am/Airing at 3pm on Saturday Aug 17, 1984 on Superstation WTBS and other

Television outlets across Alabama/Mississippi/East Tennessee/North Florida

Hosted by Charlie Platt/Ronnie P. Gossett

Ring Announcer: Rick Stewart

Interviews: Joe Pedicino

AWA Continental Commissioner: Les Thatcher

Condensed TV Recap (in the interest of not falling behind with my current work schedule my TV may be condensed for the next few weeks)

Show opened with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett talking about what happened last week between Kerry Von Erich and Buddy Landel with the Grapplers interfering….and also Les Thatcher's promise that he has a big announcement today concerning the Battle of New Orleans. Platt says that Les Thatcher's announcement will be coming up after today's first match!

Match #1:

CCW Tag Champions Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated Parker Williams/Lonnie Jameson when Fuller made Jameson submit to an "Indian Death Lock"

Post match: Fuller/Golden said they know there's going to be a 10 team battle royal to determine their challengers for the titles tonight and they don't care who wins because the Stud Stable rules the AWA!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

The show returns with Les Thatcher joining Joe Pedicino…..Thatcher says he's sick and tired of all the interference….so first off he'd like to announce at Battle of New Orleans at the SuperDome he has signed a 10 Man Tag Team Elimination Match featuring the Stud Stable (Buddy Landel/Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez/Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden) taking on "Dr. D" David Schultz/Brad Armstrong/Adrian Street/King Kong Bundy/a Mystery Partner) to hopefully settle this whole feud once and for all.  But in the more immediate future….as in tonight…he has signed a rematch between Kerry Von Erich and Buddy Landel for the Continental Title and in the interest of eliminating ANY interference or the chance of Buddy Landel getting himself counted out or disqualified as the Stud Stable has been prone to do lately….He is going to have Ron Fuller handcuffed to one ring post, David Schultz handcuffed to another ring post, the Grapplers both handcuffed to another ring post, and Mr. Olympia handcuffed to the final ring post….and before the main event every wrestler who is not either wrestling in the match or handcuffed to a post will be removed from the building….there will be a winner tonight in Huntsville!

Match 2:

Kerry Von Erich/Mr. Olympia defeated Fred Garvin/Ken Powers when Von Erich pinned Powers after the 'discus punch'

Post Match: Von Erich said with the playing field being level tonight he looks forward to becoming the new AWA Continental Champion and that he and Mr. Olympia look forward to getting their hands on the Grapplers and if they get half a chance they might just jerk those masks off their heads!

COMMERCIAL BREAK

When the show returned from break- Buddy Landel stormed the desk having just arrived at the studio and having been told the news about the 10 man tag and the match against Kerry Von Erich tonight in Huntsville…

Buddy: "Well Ronnie, it's official Les Thatcher has finally lost his mind and is no longer being subtle about his discrimination against me and the rest of the Stud Stable….like I said last week it's bad enough to have to wrestle at the STUPERDome….or to even have to set foot in New Orleans period but now you've stuck us in some sort of ten man tag team monstrosity…but let's bypass that for a moment…who in the hell does Les Thatcher think he is to make me wrestle Kerry Von Erich again this week?…..I can't help that he upset the Grapplers so bad that they ran in to beat him up during our match…..I don't even know those guys…I'm sure they're great people and I'm sure they have a very legitimate reason to want to beat up Kerry Von Erich besides the fact that he's ugly and he's not a very good wrestler and besides the fact that he's friends with lowlifes like Mr. Olympia….and besides the fact that he's more full of himself than a Russian doll."

Platt: "None of those are facts Buddy, those are things you've made up…"

Buddy: "I beg your pardon?? Listen here Charlie Platt just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it's not true….Kerry Von Erich is ugly…FACT…he couldn't get laid in a women's prison with a fist full of weekend passes…..FACT…I don't know what Kerry Von Erich's mental malfunction is but I bet it's hard to pronounce….FACT the Von Erich family tree must be a cactus because it's full of pricks…"

Platt: "Ok Buddy, that will be about enough of that…this is a family show."

Buddy: "Exactly, and that's why I was explaining that the Von Erich family are horrible people and if they were any uglier or dumber you'd have to call them the Armstrong family…..but you know what that's fine you can handcuff everybody in the state to that ring but I will still walk out of there tonight Continental Champion because I’m the one and only real Nature Boy, Mr. AWA and Kerry Von Erich you might be able to pick up and put down a bunch of weights and you might be able to do your stupid spinny punch and your head squeeze but when I lock you in the figure four, it's all over….and you can take yourself back to Texas and tell Bill Watts that Buddy Landel said you can kiss him right between the back pockets! Charlie Platt, I'm out of here….and just so you know…'The Great' Al Madril is so mad about this whole situation he got in his car and left so there will be no Fiesta Garden again this week and once again….the fans can blame that jerk Les Thatcher….good day!"

MATCH #3:

Lars Anderson w/General Skandor Akbar defeated Mike Jackson by submission with a Boston Crab to retain the championship

Post Match: Joe Pedicino asked Lars why he would join up with Akbar, Lars replied why wouldn't he want to be with the best.  Akbar told Pedicino to mind his business because he "already roasted one pig last week, I'm not above roasting another." and then left the set.

COMMERCIAL BREAK

Highlights are shown of the match from Birmingham where Ted Dibiase successfully defended the AWA World Championship against Freebird Michael Hayes and the exchange with upcoming challenger Terry Gordy afterwards/they follow that up with a VTR of Gordy working out in the gym and getting ready for his 60 Minute time limit bout with Dibiase coming up at Battle of New Orleans

MATCH #4:

The Soul Patrol (Brickhouse Brown/Koko Ware) defeated Frank Reynolds/Charlie Kelly when Koko pinned Reynolds after a dropkick off the 2nd rope

Post Match: Joe asked about the match with the Rat Patrol from last week, Brick said they aren't done beating up the Rat Patrol and they look forward to eliminating them from the battle royal tonight and taking away their opportunity to be champs

MATCH #5:

AWA U.S. Jr Champion Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Senor' Lucha following a moon sault

Post Match: Fuji said so far NO ONE has answered the open challenge of Super Black Ninja showing what cowards the wrestlers of the AWA are…

COMMERCIAL BREAK

MATCH #6

MAIN EVENT

The Grapplers (#1/#2) defeated the RAT Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Koko Ware/Brickhouse Brown came to ringside and were trash talking Armstrong/Rich which allowing Grappler 1 to "load" his mask and headbutt Rich in the back of the head and get the pin fall

Von Braun Civic Center

Huntsville, AL.

Saturday August 17, 1984

Bell Time: 8pm

Steve O pinned "Gentleman" Ken Timbs after a flying cross body off the top rope

Super Black Ninja w/General Skandor Akbar pinned Scott Armstrong with his feet on the ropes

10 Team Tag Team Battle Royal- Winners get a shot at Fuller/Golden TONIGHT! (When one member of a team is eliminated the partner must leave also)

1. The Nightmares
  2. The Rat Patrol
  3. Kendo Nagasaki/Great Kabuki
  4. Soul Patrol
  5. Bobby/Donnie Bass
  6. Adrian Street/King Kong Bundy
  7. Scott Casey/Wendell Cooley
  8. Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez
  9. Pat/Randy Rose
  10. The Freebirds: Michael Hayes/Buddy Roberts

Order of elimination:

• Pat/Randy Rose were eliminated when Kabuki tossed out Pat Rose
  • Bobby/Donnie Bass were eliminated when Bundy tossed out Bobby Bass
  • Adrian Street/King Kong Bundy were eliminated when Hercules tossed out Bundy
  • Hercules/Al Madril were eliminated when Michael Hayes tossed out Madril
  • The Rat Patrol were eliminated when NORVELL AUSTIN ran in and helped Koko Ware toss out Johnny Rich, and then Norvell was escorted out of the arena
  • Kabuki/Nagasaki were eliminated when Nagasaki was tossed out by Cooley
  • Cooley/Casey were eliminated when Brickhouse tossed out Casey
  • The Freebirds were eliminated when Ware/Brickhouse tossed out Buddy Roberts
  • The Soul Patrol were eliminated when Davis dropkicked Brickhouse in the back sending him over the top rope for the win!!

The Nightmares will challenge for the CCW Tag Team Titles

Lars Anderson w/General Skandor Akbar defeated Bugsy McGraw by submission with an armbar

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/"Tn. Stud" Ron Fuller defeated The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) when Golden pinned Wayne after Ron Fuller hit him with a chair behind the referee's back who was distracted by Robert Fuller

Les Thatcher comes out and announces there will be a brief intermission while ALL the wrestlers who aren't either involved in the next match or handcuffed to the ring are removed from the building to ensure there will be NO INTERFERENCE in the MAIN EVENT

MAIN EVENT

(No DQ/No Count Out)

(The Grapplers are handcuffed to one corner/Mr. Olympia is handcuffed to one corner/Ron Fuller is handcuffed to one corner/David Schultz is handcuffed to one corner)

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel

Vs.

Kerry Von Erich

Highlights:

Kerry dominated the match early on as Landel tried to run from Kerry and seek shelter in the corners where his allies were handcuffed……Landel did manage to get in some offense including locking in the figure four leglock but Kerry managed to roll it over and reverse it…..once they managed to get back to their feet Kerry locked on the 'Iron Claw'!  Landel was in major trouble….one of the Grapplers managed to take off his "loaded boot" and toss it at Kerry's head…which caused Von Erich to release Landel from the claw and go over to the corner to try and reach out and apply it to one of the Grapplers…..while he managed to lock the claw on Grappler 2 on the one side of the ring post, Grappler 1 reached across and raked his eyes….while all this was happening Landel had crawled over to the corner where Ron Fuller was handcuffed and Fuller slid some brass knucks on Landel's hand….as Kerry was blinded having been raked in the eyes…..Landel decked Kerry with the brass knucks…..due to the 'No DQ' stipulation, the ref couldn't do anything but count to three as Buddy covered Kerry in the center of the ring….as soon as the handcuffs were removed David Schultz took off after Ron Fuller who tried to run through the crowd to get away…..while both Grapplers attacked and double teamed Mr. Olympia who had no help since Kerry was knocked out and all the other wrestlers had been removed from the building……The Grapplers beat down Olympia and then put the boots to Kerry as well….and then left the ring laughing as the ringside fans in Huntsville threw drinks and popcorn at them in disgust.

It doesn't matter if you write a condensed version or a full novel.... each week is truly awesome. The main event was so well set up and it delivered perfectly.

I like CCW even better now that the Fullers are playing a bigger role and the interviews with Landell, RPG and Platt continue to crack me up!

10 man elimination tag match at the Super Dome. YES! 

LOL, oh man Landel's promo was on fire tonight as he just tore into Kerry. 

Will anybody in the AWA answer Fuji's challenge? Cant wait to see where this goes.

Things are heating up with the Rat Patrol and Soul Patrol. 

CCW comes to the Civic Center with another wild night of action.

Nightmares win the battle royal. The big news for me was seeing Norvell Austin interfere! 

Heel Lars takes down Bugsy.

Fuller, Golden and a chair beat the Nightmares.

Absolutely loved the craziness in the main event! Heels always find a way LOL. Landel beats Kerry. Shultz chases Fuller and the Grapplers put a beating on Olympia and Kerry. Fans were in riot mode.  

9 hours ago, Blehschmidt said:

Dr. D with a baseball bat!

Adrian Street and Bundy nearly becoming Tag Team Champions

and that finish with Terry Gordy coming off like the biggest superstar in the AWA...

What a Night in Birmingham!!!

Dr. D with a baseball bat! My thoughts exactly. 

Man, when Les Thatcher says he has a huge announcement, he doesn't mess around. Two huge matches!!!

That Landell promo gets my vote for Promo of the Year. The cactus line is going in my insult playbook!!

Looking forward to seeing who steps up and challenges Super Black Ninja as Fuji continues to talk!

This Soul Patrol and Rat Patrol thing is getting real personal and real ugly, real fast.

Nightmares with a nice win in the battle royal, they'd been on a bit of a downslide, so good for them!

Well, nevermind, they lost!!

Good Lord, with half the roster sent packing, and half of them cuffed to the ring, Buddy still manages to cheat for the win, The Grapplers still get to Kerry, and as soon as they are free, Schultz is still after his money!!

Can't wait to see what happens at the Superdome!!

Continental Championship Wrestling House Shows for Aug. 19-Aug 23, 1984

Monday August 19, 1984: Birmingham, AL.

Tuesday August 20, 1984: Moulton, AL.

Wednesday August 21, 1984: Ft. Payne, AL.

Thursday August 22, 1984: Fayetteville, TN.

Friday August 23, 1984: Oxford, AL.

Steve Olsonoski pinned "Cowboy" Don Bass w/Col. Buck Robley with a crucifix

Super Black Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Scott Armstrong after a moonsault

King Kong Bundy beat Grappler 2 by DQ when Grappler 2 hit him with a chair in front of the referee

The Soul Patrol (Koko Ware/Brickhouse Brown) defeated The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) when Brown pinned Rich after Norvell Austin came to ringside and interfered behind the ref's back

Lars Anderson w/Gen. Skandor Akbar defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda by DQ when One Man Gang came out of the crowd and attacked Anderson while Akbar fled from ringside

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Scott Casey fought "The Great" Al Madril/Hercules Hernandez to a double count out

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Nature Boy" Buddy Landel pinned Mr. Olympia with his feet on the ropes

MAIN EVENT

Six Man Tag Team Grudge Match

"Dr. D" David Schultz/The Nightmares defeated Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden when Schultz pinned Golden after a diving headbutt off the top rope