Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nightmares arrive and pull double duty. Nice addition with the subbing as it falls under the classic card subject to change LOL. 

Cooley and Humongous is a great match up considering how hot both wrestlers are right now. 

Great main event as Flair and Jake get the big win over Olympia and Stomper. 

AWA Southeastern Championship

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday May 11, 1984

Hosted by Charlie Platt & Ronnie P. Gossett

Interviews: Rick Stewart

AWA Southeastern Commissioner: Les Thatcher

(Show opens with footage from last Saturday night where Ric Flair and Paul Jones paid off Bruiser Brody who then walked out and abandoned his partners who went on to lose the handicap cage match, the opening montage plays and we go to the studio with Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Welcome everyone once again to Southeastern Championship Wrestling, I'm Charlie Platt and I'm joined as always by my co-host Ronnie P. Gossett."

RPG: "What a win just saw from Paul Jones' Army where they defeated…..not only The Mongoloid Stomper….not only Mr. Olympian…..but the so-called World Champion Hulk Hogan! It was greatest thing I've ever witnessed and I hope we show it nine more times today on this program."

Platt: "Well that's not happening, we have a lot great action coming to everyone today as well as a huge announcement from Les Thatcher…" (before Platt can finish talking Flair, Roberts, and Jones come out)

Flair: "WOOOOOOOO!!  Do you get it now Charlie Platt?? Do all of you understand now that Ric Flair….Paul Jones….and the entire Army RULES Southeastern Championship Wrestling!! You got that….we OWN this place.  They said Ric Flair, Stan Hansen is going to kill you…..where is he now?? They said Ric Flair, Bruiser Brody is going to kill you….well where is he now??  I hope you get it now… NO ONE….and I mean NO ONE can stop us!  No one can take this Southeastern Championship from around my waist. Oh, Les Thatcher wants to try…..when his master plan of Hogan and Brody last week didn't work I hear this past week he even went so far as to try and ship me off to another territory but was unsuccessful because I'm Ric Flair and I do whatever I want!!  So it goes like this…..whether you like it or you don't like it….learn to love it because the Nature Boy is hear to stay!! WOOOOO!  Now today right here on tv, you've got some bum who looks like he lives in a bus station named Bugsy McGraw that is going to try and take on the Nature Boy……then tonight you've got that dime store cowboy, Wendell Cooley challenging for my title…..Cooley, you'd be better off sticking to Jimmy Garvin and Rip Rogers than jumping on the big boys but by all means….jump right on!!  Then after I beat Wendell Cooley tonight, whose left?? Who have I not beaten around here?  So, I'm throwing out an open challenge for next Saturday May 18th…..I'll put the title on the line against anybody who walks that aisle and wants to challenge the Nature Boy…..WOOOOO!"

Platt: "Mr. Flair, I wouldn't dare overlook the challenge of the Mississippi Champion, 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley."

Flair: "Well I'm sure YOU wouldn't Charlie Platt, but you're not the Southeastern Champion…..you're not the 'Nature Boy' and sure as hell…not Ric Flair….so keep your mouth shut and mind your own business."

Jones: "Speaking of May 18th…..that chump Hulk Hogan has fallen into our trap and laid down a challenge to put his AWA World title on the line against Giant Haystacks, so I've given Haystacks the week off to get ready for this title shot and he's going to bring the World title home to my Army."

Roberts: "Let's get back to tonight……so this simpleton Jerry Stubbs…..I refuse to call you Mr. Olympia…like you think you're some kinda super hero….everyone knows you're just plain old bald headed Jerry Stubbs under that shiny mask and we all know your are far from 100% after suffering another DDT last week in that cage match…..but your foolish pride has led you to demand a match with me and even being so dumb as to put your Alabama title on the line…….now I know Ric's lawyer is very, very close to getting my DDT reinstated but not yet…..so I'll have to beat you with something else….but rest assured….I will beat you….and when I do….who are you people going to cheer then?  Who is left that we haven't destroyed?  It's kinda sad actually…..well….sad for you….fun for us….see ya soon Jerry……there's still time to forfeit that title and go somewhere a little more your speed….cause you saw last week that you can't handle the Army."

RPG: "Gentleman, thank you so much for joining us, always a pleasure to hear from men of your stature and I apologize for Charlie Platt, Champ….he's from Alabama."

Flair: "Ronnie, no apology needed my friend….thank you for bringing some class to this show because it's sorely needed."

Platt: "Let's go to the ring and see the debut of a brand new tag team here in Southeastern."

======================================

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Wayne pinned Sledge after a legdrop off the top rope

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Lethal" Larry Hamilton pinned Roy Munson after a neckbreaker

(Post match: Rick Stewart joins Larry Hamilton at ringside)

Stewart: "Larry, tonight they say it's your final opportunity at the U.S. Jr Championship, this feud with your former friend Scott Armstrong has gone on for quite some time now."

Hamilton: "It's gone on for far too long, that's for sure.  Call it my final shot if you want, but that's just time because one more shot is all I need…..I've put some of the worst beatings on Armstrong that he's ever taken and tonight will be the worst of all…….get out there to that Houston County Farm Center folks because I'm walking out with MY belt….and Scott Armstrong won't be walking out at all!"

=======================================

(Charlie Platt welcomes out the Commissioner Les Thatcher)

Platt: "Les, I understand you have finalized a huge event this week."

Thatcher: "We certainly have…..for the past two years the country band Alabama has put a huge concert called 'June Jam' in their hometown of Ft. Payne, Alabama and thousands of people have turned out, well I'm proud to announce that this year Southeastern Championship Wrestling will be a part of 'June Jam 3' in Ft. Payne on Saturday June 8th in front what promises to be one of the biggest crowds of the year.  We're currently negotiating with some big stars to come in and compete and we're very excited to announce more information in the coming weeks.  Also, in response to what Ric Flair said out here earlier, I got a phone call from a man who say he's chomping at the bit to come in here and get his hands on Ric Flair and that Southeastern title……he said he has a lot of faith in Wendell Cooley but if something happens and Flair gets by Cooley….he'll be here in this studio…next week to confront, the Nature Boy."

Gossett: "Well I'm sure anybody who has your number and is calling you isn't anyone that the champ is going to be too concerned with."

Thatcher: "I guess we'll just see about that next week."

====================================

COMMERCIAL BREAK

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Frank Reynolds by submission with a half boston crab

(After the match: Ronnie P. Gossett walks over to interview Adrian Street)

RPG: "Well that was an impressive win for somebody that dresses such as yourself."

Street: "Not as impressive as you being able to waddle all the way over here and still have enough breath to speak, my word sunshine, you make Big Daddy Crabtree look like Greg Gagne."

RPG: "Excuse me? Do you know who your speaking to right now??"

Street: "Well I must admit I'm a bit impressed, I didn't expect to come down to the bible belt and get interviewed by Buddha."

RPG: "What are you insinuating?"

Street: "I'm not insinuating anything, I'm saying your fat, your insinuating that your stupid."

RPG: "How dare you, I've never been so insulted!"

Street: "Well stick around tubby, I'm just getting started."

(Gossett storms off, Street skips away…as Ms. Linda is giggling as she leaves)

Platt runs down the card for tonight:

TONIGHT:

Houston County Farm Center

Dothan, Alabama

Bell Time- 8pm

Main Event

Ric Flair w/Paul Jones vs. Wendell Cooley - Southeastern Championship

Pogo/Nagasaki w/Tojo vs. Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller

Mr. Olympia vs. Jake Roberts w/Paul Jones- Alabama Championship

Rip Rogers/Jimmy Garvin vs. Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich- Grudge Match

Kabuki w/Tojo vs. Tim Horner

Scott Armstrong vs. Larry Hamilton - U.S. Jr Championship- Final Showdown

The Nightmares vs. The Assassins w/Paul Jones

The Dirty White Boy vs. "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

Bugsy McGraw vs. "Outlaw" Don Bass

Kendo Nagasaki/Mr. Pogo/Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Sammy Hall/Bad Boy Burns/Big Bubba Monroe when Pogo put Hall out with the Japanese Sleeper

MAIN EVENT

NON-TITLE

Southeastern Champion "Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones defeated Bugsy McGraw with a small package……after the match, Flair clipped the leg of McGraw and went to apply the figure four leglock but Cooley hit the ring and went after Flair…..Jake Roberts hits the ring to attack Cooley but is cut off by Mr. Olympia and it's another wild brawl to end the show much like last week!

Platt: "Fans, get down to the Houston County Farm Center…..it's going to be a wild one tonight that's for sure!!"

© 1984 Southeastern Championship Wrestling

==========================================

Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday May 11, 1984

Bell time: 8:30pm

Bugsy McGraw pinned "Outlaw" Don Bass after a running elbow drop

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda pinned "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony with a rolling cradle

The Nightmares (Danny Davis/Ken Wayne) fought the Assassins (#1/#2) w/Paul Jones to a 20 minute time limit draw

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship-FINAL SHOWDOWN

Scott Armstrong pinned "Lethal" Larry Hamilton after a superkick to retain the title

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Tim Horner with a 'Oriental Spike' submission

GRUDGE MATCH

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Precious & Ms. Brenda fought The Rat Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) to a double count out

Alabama Heavyweight Championship

Mr. Olympia defeated Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones by DQ when Jake gave Olympia a DDT

Southeastern Tag Team Championship

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto when the referee got distracted by Ron Fuller and Tojo fighting at ringside, the Midnight Express ran in and attacked Mr. Pogo who was then pinned by Robert Fuller once Condrey/Rose retreated from ringside

MAIN EVENT

Southeastern Heavyweight Championship

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley by submission with the figure four

The combination of Flair and Jake is still something to behold. Great opening segment.

LOVED the Adrian Street promo, and the Adorable One in Alabama has so much potential, I can't wait to see it play out.

Teaming up with Alabama to promote wrestling is an awesome touch.

Flair puts away Bugsy, and a wild brawl to close out the night! That'll bring the fans out to put their money down. Good ending.

Onto the Farm Center!!

Adrian Street and the Dirty White Boy, oh shit, this has money all over it...

Armstrong retains, and Hamilton is out of chances.

I can just picture Jake hitting the DDT, getting DQ'ed and just shrugging his shoulders with a huge smile on his face

Midnights show up and cost the Japanese duo there match, MNX is pissed!

Flair gets by Cooley. Interested to see who the mystery man coming for the belt is!!

Man, the Paul Jones Army is on a roll! 

Flair has all the confidence in the world as he issues an open challenge. I cant wait to see who accepts. 

June Jam sounds like it's going to be a super night for SECW.

Great debut for Street as he gets over by insulting Gossett LOL. 

Flair beats Bugsy but a huge brawl follows! 

Hogan vs. Loch Ness! Yea! 

Nightmares look good in that draw with the Assassins. 

Armstrong puts Hamilton down. Has Armstrong finally finished off his feud with Hamilton? 

Jake pulls out the DDT and gets DQed against Mr. Olympia. This feud is heading for a great payoff.

Flair backs up his talk and puts Cooley down with the figure four. I agree with Lee, it's good seeing Flair winning matches with the figure four. 

Southeastern House Show Loop

Monday May 13, 1984- Aberdeen, MS.

Tuesday May 14, 1984- Amory, MS.

Wednesday May 15, 1984- West Point, MS.

Thursday May 16, 1984- Starkville, MS.

Friday May 17, 1984- Columbus, MS.

The Great Kabuki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated "Nightmare" Danny Davis

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated "Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony by DQ

Texas Tornado Tag Team Match

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Precious & Ms. Brenda defeated Johnny Rich/Steve Armstrong

Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Bugsy McGraw

Mississippi Heavyweight Championship

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned The Grappler

Oriental Death Match

The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) defeated Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto - MX won when Pogo was given a spike piledriver on the floor and could not continue, he had to be carried out on a stretcher

Giant Haystacks w/Paul Jones defeated Mongolian Stomper

MAIN EVENT

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Ric Flair/Jake Roberts w/Paul Jones by DQ

Really fun week of shows.  The crowd would be into that Oriental Tag match.   You could get 2 or 3 straight loops of the same card and just switch up some winners as it seemed to be so feud orientated and each match would have the crowd on the edge of their seats

Nice set of matches. 

I like how you keep Cooley hot. He looks good in losses to Flair and also stays strong with his Mississippi title defenses.

Midnight Express show how brutal they can be by sending Pogo out on a stretcher.

Giant Haystacks has some serious momentum going as he heads into his match with Hogan with a win over Stomper.

Star studded main event as Fuller and Golden get the DQ win over Flair and Snake. 

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday May 18, 1984

(As the show opened this week we see highlights from last night in Columbus, Mississippi where the Midnight Express defeated Pogo/Nagasaki in an 'Oriental Death Match' and after the match gave Mr. Pogo a spike piledriver on the floor that saw Pogo leave unresponsive in an ambulance, we then go to the opening montage and to our hosts Charlie Platt and Ronnie P. Gossett)

Platt: "Hello and welcome once again to Southeastern Championship Wrestling and what a huge show we have for you here this week."

RPG: "I cannot believe what we just saw that took place in Columbus, Mississippi last night….the Midnight Express have gone off the deep end."

Platt: "Well, Condrey and Rose are two guys who don't claim to be fan favorites….Tojo's men picked a fight with two guys who will get just as down and dirty as they will and it look likes Mr. Pogo may be on the shelf a while."

RPG: "To say the least Charlie Platt, it looks like he's probably two inches shorter as well after being spiked on the floor like that….that was atrocious."

Platt: "I do know that we'll be seeing Tojo's men in action later today as the Great Kabuki will be teaming with Kendo Nagasaki here on television and later on tonight they will be looking for revenge as they will face the Midnight Express at the Houston County Farm Center in a tag team Southern Street Fight!"

RPG: "That should be a brutal war…..as it has been for weeks amongst these guys."

Platt: "Well, more on that later…..we'll also have Les Thatcher out here shortly to announce who will be challenging Ric Flair tonight for the Southeastern Championship, we'll also see Alabama Champion Mr. Olympia in action today here in the studio as well as AWA World Champion Hulk Hogan and Mystery Partner taking on the Assassins but right now let's go to the ring to see the Grappler in action."

=============================

The Grappler pinned Randy Watson after a swinging neck breaker

COMMERCIAL BREAK

(Charlie Platt is joined at ringside by Commissioner Les Thatcher)

Platt: "Les, last week you promised that if Ric Flair managed to successfully defend against 'Wildcat' Wendell Cooley, which he did that you had a very special challenger coming in looking to get a shot at the Southeastern Championship."

Thatcher: "Yes Charlie, I certainly did."

Platt: It's been a long week as we've all been in suspense wondering who on earth it could be….so how about you send the suspense and tell us right now who will be challenging 'the Nature Boy' tonight here in Dothan."

Thatcher: "Charlie, I could do that…..I could tell you right now all about this gentleman and how much he's looking forward to stepping into that ring with Ric Flair…..but how about instead….I just let him come out here and tell you himself….."

(Thatcher points to the curtain as the familiar tune of 'Bad to the Bone' blasts in the studio the crowd goes wild as the one and only 'BULLET' BOB ARMSTRONG RETURNS TO SOUTHEASTERN!!)

Platt: "Ladies and Gentlemen I can't believe it…..the Bullet has returned, Bob welcome back!"

Bullet: "Charles, it's great to be back right here in 'Sweet Home Alabama'!  Not only is it great to be back in Southeastern but it's going to be even greater when I strap that Southeastern Championship around my waist after I put the 'Nature Boy' down tonight…..and it's also going to be great to team up with the one and only Hulkster right here on tv against those nasty Asssassins in just a short while in this ring right behind us."

Platt: "I know the fans hope that you'll be able to take that title from Ric Flair but Bullet, a lot of people have tried to take that belt from Flair in your absence and have been unsuccessful namely due to his manager Paul Jones."

Bullet: "Charlie Platt, don’t worry one bit about ol' Paul Jones because I got a little surprise for him tonight…..he will be accounted for and Ric Flair is going to be all mine….I'm bringing home the gold tonight at the Houston County Farm Center!"

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated Ted Allen with an Oklahoma Roll

==============================

Rick Stewart runs down the card for tonight at the Houston County Farm Center:

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday May 18, 1984

Brickhouse Brown vs. The Grappler

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Nightmares (Davis/Wayne)/Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich

Vs.

The Assassins (#1/#2)/Dirty White Boy/"Outlaw" Don Bass

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda

vs.

"Lethal" Larry Hamilton

Southern Street Fight

The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose)

Vs.

Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto

No Holds Barred/No DQ

Mr. Olympia

Vs.

Jake 'the Snake' Roberts w/Paul Jones

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller

Vs.

Jimmy Garvin/Rip Rogers w/Precious & Ms. Brenda Britton

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Vs.

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Championship

Hulk Hogan

Vs.

Giant Haystacks w/Paul Jones

"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Precious & Ms. Brenda defeated Frank Reynolds/Charlie Kelley when Garvin pinned Reynolds after a 'Brain Buster'

Post match: Garvin/Rogers promise they are going to take the Southeastern Tag titles from Fuller and Golden and then the Road Warriors AWA World Tag Team titles are next on their list!

Pre-Match interview: Olympia says he's 100% and he can't wait to get his hands on Jake Roberts tonight and get some revenge for all the suffering he's caused him and his family the past several weeks

Mr. Olympia beat Memphis Monroe by submission with a sleeper hold

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated The Hammer Brothers (Jack/Sledge) when Kabuki pinned Jack after a thrust kick…….as the referee raised their hands, The Midnight Express hit the ring in street clothes and a wild brawl ensued that went out of the studio and out in to the parking lot!!

==============================

MAIN EVENT

AWA World Champion Hulk Hogan/"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) w/Paul Jones when Hogan pinned Assassin #2 after a leg drop…….after the match Giant Haystacks entered the ring and stood toe to toe with Hogan, as Flair came out and squared off with Armstrong as the show went off the air!!

© 1984 Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday May 18, 1984

Brickhouse Brown pinned the Grappler with sunset flip

Eight Man Tag Team Match

The Nightmares/Johnny Rich/Steve Armstrong defeated The Assassins (#1/#2)/Dirty White Boy/Don Bass when Rich pinned Assassin #2

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated "Lethal" Larry Hamilton with a rolling cradle …..after the match the Dirty White Boy hit the ring and attacked Street leaving him laying

Southern Street Fight

Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated the Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) when Kabuki pinned Condrey after Mr. Fuji came out of the crowd and threw salt in the eyes of Condrey

NO DQ/NO HOLDS BARRED

Jake 'the Snake' Roberts pinned Mr. Olympia after giving him a DDT on a chair to win the championship……after the match, Jake threw Olympia out to the floor and was about to give him a DDT on the concrete when out of nowhere BRAD ARMSTRONG came down and attacked Roberts who fled back to the dressing room along with Paul Jones…….Armstrong took the mic:

Brad: "In case anybody is wondering what I'm doing here in Dothan unannounced……I just procured a manager's license for tonight and I will be in the corner of my father Bob Armstrong when he challenges Ric Flair and Paul Jones….if you…or Jake Roberts or any of your guys tries to interfere….I'll be on you like ugly on an ape! Bullet is going to get a fair shot tonight, I can promise you that!"

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated "Hustler" Rip Rogers/"Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Ms. Brenda & Precious when Ron prevented Precious from interfering which distracted Garvin allowing Jimmy Golden to roll him up for the pinfall

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong w/Brad Armstrong defeated "Nature Boy" Ric Flair w/Paul Jones by DQ when Brad Armstrong prevented Paul Jones and Jake Roberts from hitting the ring but could not stop Humongous who hit the ring and attacked Bullet Bob…which brought down Steve Armstrong and Johnny Rich to even the odds

MAIN EVENT

AWA World Heavyweight Championship

Hulk Hogan pinned Giant Haystacks w/Paul Jones after a bodyslam/leg drop combo to retain the championship…..after the match, once Hogan posed and left…..Paul Jones began to berate Haystacks…eventually Haystacks grabbed Jones by the throat but was attacked from behind by Humongous, Flair, and Roberts who left the big man laying……but were finally ran off by the Armstrongs and Johnny Rich!

SECW continues to stay red hot! 

The big news-The return of Bullet Bob!!! So surreal seeing Bob tag with Hogan. It's things like this that make this game so much fun. 

Dirty White Boy and The Exotic One will be a fun feud. 

Not to be overshadowed by Bullet Bob's return but out of nowhere comes Mr. Fuji as he helps Kabuki and Kendo beat the Midnight Express!

A weekend full of returns as Brad Armstrong saves Mr. Olympia from what could of been a brutal beating from Jake. 

Fuller and Golden continue to roll with a win over Garvin and Rogers. I would love to see the Road Warriors come to town and defend against Fuller and Golden. 

Wild ending to the SE title match as Brad, Steve and Johnny Rich go toe to toe with the Paul Jones Army. Cant wait for a Flair/Bullet rematch.

Hogan puts down Loch Ness! Paul Jones is going to need his army now that he angered the monster. 

Always something happening in SECW! 

So much action going on in SECW!

The war between the MNX and the Japanese is getting nasty. The inclusion of Mr. Fuji can only make it nastier.

Now that The Armstrongs are complete, we may finally have a force to go to war with Paul Jones Army, if it doesn't fall apart on it's own.

Love your shows man, you have the action of your territory down to a science!

On 5/19/2019 at 12:07 AM, GeneJackson95 said:

RPG: "To say the least Charlie Platt, it looks like he's probably two inches shorter as well after being spiked on the floor like that….that was atrocious."

Great line!

You have such a feel for this territory.  Bob Armstrong is big but he is special in Southeast and that is a huge BOOM for business.

Great lead up from the TV show to the event in Dothan.

Like how you went from Snaje vs Mr. Olympia right to Snake vs Brad!

Southeastern House Shows for the week of 5/20-5/24

Monday May 20, 1984: Birmingham, AL.

Tuesday May 21, 1984: Scottsboro, AL.

Wednesday May 22, 1984: Cullman, AL.

Thursday May 23, 1984: Decatur, AL.

Friday May 24, 1984: Montgomery, AL.

Super Ninja w/Mr. Fuji defeated Brickhouse Brown

The Nightmares wrestled Johnny Rich/Steve Armstrong to a 20 minute time limit draw in a #1 Contender's Match for the tag team titles

"Dirty White Boy" Tony Anthony defeated "Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda in a NO DQ Match

The Mongolian Stomper pinned The Grappler

The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) defeated Kendo Nagasaki/Great Kabuki w/Tojo & Fuji when Tojo accidently hit Nagasaki with the kendo stick…..after the match Mr. Fuji berated Tojo for the mistake and he was eventually attacked by Kabuki/Nagasaki and left laying in the ring as Fuji left with the team and Tojo's kendo stick

Mississippi Championship
"
Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Outlaw" Don Bass

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) w/Paul Jones

MAIN EVENT

Special Referee: Mr. Olympia

Bob & Brad Armstrong/Giant Haystacks defeated Paul Jones/Jake Roberts/Humongous

Fuji's Super Ninja comes in and gets a big win over Brickhouse.

Looks like the Nightmares/Rich-Armstrong will be fighting for that number 1 contenders spot.

Dirty White Boy wins a battle against Street but I'm sure Street will come back for more.

Wow! Fuji takes over control of Kabuki and Kendo. I think Tojo will have nothing but revenge on his mind. 

Wendell continues to roll as Mississippi champ. 

Fuller and Golden put the Assassins away.

Paul Jones troubles continue as they drop a match to Armstrongs and Haystacks. 

Tojo-Fugi War is interesting.  Tojo was just evil while Fugi was sneaky evil.

Nice build of Cooley.

Haystacks is a perfect Southeastern wrestler and can run forever as he shifts between heel and babyface.

Your show is the perfect Redneck Soap Opera where people would come back every week!

Wrestling Television

WTVY Ch. 4 Studio

Dothan, Alabama

Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday May 25, 1984

TV Brief Recap:

Platt and Gossett discuss last week in Dothan with Jake Roberts winning the Alabama Championship from Mr. Olympia, Flair getting DQ's against 'Bullet' Bob Armstrong when Humongous interfered, and Hogan defeating Haystacks…..and Paul Jones' Army turning on Giant Haystacks……they talk about the fact this week that Mr. Olympia and Bob Armstrong have agreed to join forces in a six man tag team match with Giant Haystacks to take on Flair/Roberts/Humongous tonight at the Houston County Farm Center.

A clip is shown from a house show last week where Fuji/Kabuki/Nagasaki turned on Tojo Yamamoto…….Tojo comes out to the desk and calls out the Midnight Express….they come out and Tojo offers his services as a manager to them to get revenge on Fuji and his men.  MX reluctantly accept and say tonight they're going to settle this once and for all.

Brad Armstrong comes out and says that he's looking to get his hands on Jake Roberts and the rest of Paul Jones' Army….but tonight he has a shot at the AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Dynamite Kid and he's going to bring home the gold for all the great fans here in Southeastern.

"Hustler" Rip Rogers says he's livid that Scott Armstrong refuses to give his "close personal friend" Larry Hamilton another shot at the U.S. Jr Championship and now he's left the territory in protest but tonight he's going to take the title for friend!

Matches:

Super Ninja w/Mr. Fuji defeated Frank Reynolds with a thrust kick

The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Jed Johnson/Bret Jackson  when Condrey pinned Johnson after a spike piledriver

AWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Dynamite Kid pinned Charlie Kelley after a flying headbutt

Mississippi Champion "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Big Bubba Monroe after a running bulldog

MAIN EVENT

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong defeated The Grappler with a sleeper hold

=====================================

Dothan, Alabama

Saturday May 25, 1984

Super Ninja w/Mr. Fuji pinned Mike Jackson after a thrust kick

"Exotic" Adrian Street w/Ms. Linda defeated the Grappler by submission with a Boston Crab

Four Corners #1 Contender Match

The Dirty White Boy/Don Bass defeated The Nightmares/Steve Armstrong & Johnny Rich/Brickhouse Brown & Sonny King

U.S. Jr Championship

"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton pinned Scott Armstrong after a distraction from Ms. Brenda allowed a masked man to run in and break a coke bottle over the head of Armstrong who was then pinned by Rogers……as the masked man ran back down the aisle fans could be heard screaming "That's Larry Hamilton!!"

GRUDGE MATCH

The Great Kabuki/Kendo Nagasaki w/Mr. Fuji defeated The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose) w/Tojo Yamamoto…..when Nagasaki pinned Rose after a shoulder breaker….after the match, Super Ninja hit the ring and attacked Condrey….Kabuki sprayed green mist in the eyes of Tojo…..while Super Ninja and Fuji rammed Condrey crotch first into the ring post.  Condrey had to be carried out on a stretcher while Rose and Tojo had to be helped away from ringside by referees

Mississippi Heavyweight Championship

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned "Gorgeous" Jimmy Garvin w/Precious after a running bulldog…..after the match Garvin shoved referee Larry Brock to the ground and stormed out

Southeastern Tag Team Titles vs. Assassins Leaving Town

Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden w/Ron Fuller defeated The Assassins (#1/#2) w/Paul Jones when Fuller made Assassin #2 submit to the 'Fuller Leglock'…..as the bell was still ringing, Jones was already leaving ringside shaking his head

SEMI-MAIN EVENT

AWA World Light Heavyweight Championship

Dynamite Kid wrestled Brad Armstrong to a 30 minute time limit draw…….the crowd gave both men a standing ovation after the match….Armstrong extended his hand to the Dynamite Kid afterwards….Kid shook his hand then slapped him in the face, before quickly sliding under the bottom rope and fleeing down the aisle

MAIN EVENT

SIX MAN GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH

"Bullet" Bob Armstrong/Mr. Olympia/Giant Haystacks defeated "Nature Boy" Ric Flair/Jake 'the Snake' Roberts/Humongous w/Paul Jones when Armstrong pinned Flair with a small package……after the match Humongous clipped the knee of Haystacks and worked it over…….Haystacks had to have multiple wrestlers help him from ringside