Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Continental Championship Wrestling

GeneJackson95

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always love reading your house shows. 

Fun seeing Mike Jackson get a shot at the Jr. Title. 

Man I thought Cooley won the title from Rogers until I saw the Countout LOL. 

Midnight Express are still rolling. 

I'm really looking forward to watching Stan Hansen here. 

AWA Southeastern Championship

Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday March 16, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher
Interviews: Rick Stewart

(Opening montage plays and we then go to the desk with Charlie Platt and Les Thatcher)

Charlie: "Hello and welcome to Southeastern Championship Wrestling, we've got a huge show in store for you today and a great night of action lined up tonight in Dothan, Alabama…..but before we get to that Les, we've got a VTR from Ric Flair, the Southeastern Champion updating us on his current condition."

Les: "Charlie, I haven't been privy to what's on this tape and I'm really interested to see what Flair has to say and what the update on his injury is…..let's take a look."

(VTR: 'Nature Boy' Ric Flair is in a lounge chair on the beach in Pensacola, Florida….he's wearing a neck brace and removes his sunglasses as the camera zooms in)

Flair: "As you can see I'm still in a neck brace and I'm quite honestly in a lot of pain due to the attack on myself by Bruiser Brody a couple of weeks ago.  Of course if it were up to me, I would have been in Dothan last week challenging Jerry Lawler for the AWA World Championship, neck brace or not.  Unfortunately, that's not my decision and the Doctors have dictated to the promotion that I can't get back in the ring for a couple of weeks…..notice I said IN the ring….they never said I couldn't be UNDER the ring as I was last week in Birmingham when I made sure that Bruiser Brody didn't win the World Heavyweight Championship.  From what I've been told Brody is pretty mad and has made all sorts of threats about what he'll do to me when he gets his hands on me……Well, big man…..right now you've got an angry Texan named Stan Hansen who is looking to get some revenge of his own on you…..so we'll just what's left of the big Bruiser when I make it back…..no matter what I intend to step back in that ring and defend my Southeastern Championship before the 30 days is up and they try to strip me of my title……so to all my fans out there…..you can bet your last dollar that Slick Ric is going to be walkin' that aisle again very soon…..and I'll be defending that Southeastern Championship and I'll still be looking for Lawler and that AWA World Championship…..and Bruiser Brody, if you got a problem with me, I'm not a hard man to find….and Paul Jones….you better have eyes in the back of your head because you never know where ol' Naitch might just show up and get some revenge on you as well…..WOOOOOOO!!!"
(END VTR)

Charlie: "Strong words from the Nature Boy."

Les: "Most certainly and let's not forget……Ric Flair is no choir boy, he's not somebody that you're going to injure and try to take out of the game and you can expect to just lay down and take it…..there's no telling what he's plotting to get revenge on Paul Jones and his Army and it could happen anywhere and at anytime!" (Before Charlie Platt can respond, Condrey and Rose the Midnight Express come storming out)

Condrey: "Who cares about some lame duck champion getting drunk on a beach somewhere…..Brody nearly killed a couple of weeks ago and if he ever shows his beak around here again, I'm sure he'll finish the job.  Let's talk about real champions…..let's talk about the Southeastern Tag Champions….let's talk about the Midnight Express!  For weeks we've been dealing this three on two crap from the so called Rat Patrol….well today the Midnight Express even the odds……We want to introduce to the newest member of the Midnight Express…..'Pretty Boy' Doug Somers!!"

(Doug Somers comes out and high fives Rose and Condrey as they head towards the ring)

MATCH #1:
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose/Doug Somers) defeated Randy Watson/Roy Munson/Henry Moody when Somers pinned Munson after an elbow drop

(After the match…Rick Stewart is joined by Tim Horner who he says tonight at the Houston County Farm Center will be challenging Tommy Gilbert for the U.S. Jr title)

Horner: "Rick, I've had my eye on that U.S. Jr title for quite some time and tonight I get another shot at it…..I know Tommy Gilbert is a dangerous man and there's nothing he won't do to keep that title….but tonight, he's going to learn why they call me 'White Lightning' because I can strike….when you least expect it."

MATCH #2:
Tim Horner pinned Randy Barber with roll up/bridge combo

COMMERCIALS

(As we come back from the break, Platt throws it to footage of last week in Dothan when Mr. Olympia appeared to have the Alabama Championship in his grasp until Ms. Brenda Britton came in the ring and got Rip Rogers intentionally disqualified to save his title, Platt says Les Thatcher is joined now at ringside by Mr. Olympia)

Les: "Mr. Olympia, let's be honest….the only reason you are standing here at the Alabama Champion is because of Ms. Brenda Britton…..she interfered to cost you the title, and she interfered to prevent you from regaining the title……what are you going to do?"

Olympia: "Well Les, it was very tempting to take matters into my own hands and to just knock her lights out myself…..but I'm not that type of guy…..but it just so happens I got a phone call from a friend who said she's been keeping up with Southeastern Wrestling and she's sick and tired of seeing Brenda Britton sticking her nose where it doesn't belong….well, how about I just let her tell you…..Baby Doll, come on out here." (Baby Doll comes out to ringside to join Les and Mr. Olympia)

Les: "So Ms. Baby Doll, what exactly do you plan to do to stop Ms. Brenda."

Baby Doll: "Mr. Thatcher, this piece of paper I have in my hand is a manager's license…..which allows me to be in the corner of the wrestler I manage…..and as of right now, I’m managing Mr. Olympia so I will be in his corner for all his matches and Brenda Britton sticks her nose even the list little bit, I'll be right there to knock…it…off!" (Fans cheer as Olympia and Baby Doll exit)

(As Olympia and Baby Doll leave, Charlie Platt says that Paul Jones is getting ready to introduce a new member to his "Army" and rolls a video of this man in action…..HUMONGOUS!!)

MATCH #3:
Handicap Match
Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Charlie Kelley/Rudo Sanchez by submission with the Cobra Clutch on Sanchez after taking out Charlie with a two handed chokeslam

Commercial for tonight's event a the Houston County Farm Center:
Southeastern Championship Wrestling
Houston County Farm Center
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 16, 1984
Bell time: 8:30pm

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Championship
Jerry 'the King' Lawler
Vs.
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Junkyard Dog/Stan Hansen
Vs.
Superstar Graham/Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose/Doug Somers)
Vs.
The RAT Patrol (Johnny Rich/Scott & Steve Armstrong)

Alabama Heavyweight Championship (Rematch)
"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton
Vs.
Mr. Olympia w/Baby Doll

Special Challenge Match
Humongous w/Paul Jones
Vs.
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Championship
Tommy Gilbert
Vs.
Tim Horner

Ken Lucas
Vs.
Roy Lee Welch

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #4:
Stan Hansen pinned Ted Allen after a 'Lariat' clothesline

(Post match: Stan Hansen storms the desk)

Hansen: "You two listen……and listen good……I went to the promoters this week and I told them I want Bruiser Brody this Monday in Birmingham….but I don't want all them goofs he runs around with sticking their nose….so I asked them to put us in a steel cage and let us settle this like men!! And you know what they said Les Thatcher?"

Thatcher: "No sir, what did they say?"

Hansen: "They said……yes, but let's get this settled once and for all….and that's exactly what I intend to do!"

MATCH #5:
U.S. Jr. Champion Tommy Gilbert pinned Mike Jackson after a piledriver

Commercial for Monday Night's Card in Birmingham:
Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 18, 1984
Bell time: 8pm

MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH
Stan Hansen
Vs.
Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
AWA World Championship
Winner of Fuller vs. Lawler
Vs.
Junkyard Dog

Southeastern Tag Team Title Match
Midnight Express
Vs.
The RAT Patrol

SIX MAN GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller
Vs.
Fire & Flame/Superstar Graham w/Paul Jones

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH
Mr. Olympia/Baby Doll
Vs.
"Hustler" Rip Rogers/Ms. Brenda Britton

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #6:
MAIN EVENT
Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden defeated Tojo Yamamoto/Mr. Pogo/Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King when Ron pinned Tojo with an inside cradle

© 1984 Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 16, 1984

Ken Lucas pinned Roy Lee Welch with a sunset flip off the 2nd rope

Tommy Gilbert pinned Tim Horner with his feet on the ropes in the corner

Special Challenge Match
Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley with the cobra clutch….post match Humongous refused to release the hold until Paul Jones finally convinced him to before referee Larry Brock reversed the decision

Alabama Heavyweight Championship (Rematch)
"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton fought Mr. Olympia w/Baby Doll to a 'No Contest' when Ms. Brenda came in the ring to interfere but was intercepted by Baby Doll to tackled her to the mat and started wailing on Brenda until the referee/Rogers/Olympia came over the break it up

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
The RAT Patrol (Johnny Rich/Scott & Steve Armstrong) defeated The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose/Doug Somers) when Steve Armstrong pinned Doug Somers after a dropkick from the top rope

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Junkyard Dog/Stan Hansen defeated Superstar Graham/Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones when JYD pinned Graham with a 'THUMP' powerslam…..meanwhile as JYD has been finishing off Graham……Brody/Hansen were brawling all over the ringside and finally fought up the aisle and out of sight hitting each other with everything that wasn't nailed down

MAIN EVENT
AWA World Championship
Jerry 'the King' Lawler defeated "Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller with a roll up and a handful of trunks

Great continuity from your TV show to your event in the Farm Center.  To me, this is a really fun roster that keeps bringing the new angles.  Lord Humongous is here and is causing havoc.

I love Flair as the #1 babyface and it is working wonderfully and tonight's show had me hooked from his interview!  Great show.  Baby Doll is a great person to stop Brenda Britton and it will give the guys in the audience something to watch before the match!

JYD/HANSEN/BRODY/GRAHAM all in the same ring at the same time... I need tickets please

A lot happening in SECW! 

Flair says he will defiantly be back! WHOOOO! 

Midnight Express add Doug Sommers. I love this acquisition! 

Paul Jones debuts Humungous as he destroys his opponents. 

Stan Hansen issues a challenge to Brody in a Cage! That's a guaranteed sell out. 

Big card in Dothan, 

Gilbert retains against the very credible Horner.

I knew Olympia would get some help and he does with Baby Doll. Doll makes good on her promise by tackling Brenda.

Humungous is already on a terror as he beats a man who's been on a roll (Cooley) 

Even with Sommers the Rat Pack are victorious. I don't think the Midnight Express will let this slide. 

Wild tag match as JYD gets the pin on Graham but Brody and Hansen end up brawling everywhere. Will the cage match settle their issues? 

Big main event as Lawler retains the AWA world title against fan favorite Fuller. 

Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 18, 1984

Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Art Crews by submission with the Cobra Clutch

U.S. Jr Heavyweight Title (Rematch)
Tommy Gilbert pinned Larry Hamilton after hitting Hamilton with a chain behind the ref's back

SIX MAN GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Ron Fuller defeated Fire & Flame/Superstar Graham w/Paul Jones when Golden pinned Fire after a neckbreaker……post match Humongous hit the ring and headbutted Robert and Jimmy with the hockey mask and then locked Ron Fuller in the Cobra Clutch until Ron was left laying

Southeastern Tag Team Title Match
The RAT Patrol (Johnny Rich/Scott Armstrong) w/Steve Armstrong defeated Midnight Express (Randy Rose/Doug Somers) w/Dennis Condrey when Rich pinned Somers after a miscue from Condrey, Somers was holding Rich so Condrey could hit him with a chair but Rich ducked and Condrey knocked out Somers by mistake…….The RAT Patrol are the NEW Southeastern Tag Team Champions

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
AWA World Championship
Jerry 'the King' Lawler defeated Junkyard Dog by count out when Bruiser Brody appeared at ringside and rammed JYD into the ring post while Paul Jones distracted the referee

MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE GRUDGE MATCH
Stan Hansen pinned Bruiser Brody w/Paul Jones after a 'lariat' in a wild brawl that saw both men shed a lot of blood……the match could have went either way with a lot of near falls…..until Brody used the cage to go up to the top rope as he dove off the top rope towards Hansen, Stan met him with a 'lariat' clothesline that put Brody down for a 1-2-3!  Afterwards, Brody approached Hansen and stuck his hand out for a handshake…..Hansen was apprehensive but finally shook Brody's hand….as he went to release his hand….Brody held on and whipped Hansen into the cage and once again went on the attack…..he hit Hansen with two piledrivers leaving him laying in the cage….as Brody stormed away from the ring….with Paul Jones chasing behind

I'm sure that deep inside, Jerry Lawler gladly took that countout win against JYD in Birmingham.

Huge win for the Rat Patrol as they capture the Southeastern Tag Championships! Maybe that Doug Sommers won't remain a Midnight Express member for long afterwards!

The big card I was waiting for! 

Humungous takes it up a level as he goes after the Fullers! 

After a good chase the Rat Patrol takes the straps from the Midnight Express. I think the Midnight's will be back. 

I agree with Edger, I'm sure Lawler had no problem taking that C.O. win over JYD. 

Blockbuster main event as Hansen and Brody brawl in the cage! Hansen gets the hard fought win but Brody leaves him laying which I'm sure will give us a heated rematch. 

Weekly Spot Shows

MS. Fairgrounds Coliseum
Jackson, MS.
Tuesday March 19, 1984
Bell Time: 7pm

Mississippi Heavyweight Title Tournament
Round 1:

Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Larry Hamilton by submission with the Cobra Clutch

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd after a running bulldog

Johnny Rich pinned Roy Lee Welch with a sunset flip

The Flame w/Paul Jones pinned Ken Lucas with a big splash after Lucas was tripped by Jones

Semi-Finals:

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Humongous w/Paul Jones by DQ when Humongous locked on a choke hold and refused to break at the five count

The Flame w/Paul Jones defeated Johnny Rich by count out after Jones hit Rich from behind while Flame distracted the referee

MAIN EVENT
Finals:
(Rick Stewart came out before the match and announced that the AWA Championship committee has banned Paul Jones from ringside for the Championship match due to his interference in the Flame's previous two matches)

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned The Flame with a school boy roll up to win the Mississippi Heavyweight Championship

========================================================

Humphrey Coliseum (on the campus of MSU)
Starkville, MS.
Wednesday March 20, 1984
Bell Time: 8pm

Brett Wayne Sawyer pinned Bill Ash with a backslide

Tommy Gilbert pinned Scott Armstrong with his feet on the ropes

Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Jesse Barr by submission with the Cobra Clutch

Mississippi Heavyweight Championship
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated "Pretty Boy" Doug Somers with a small package

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Junkyard Dog/Mr. Olympia w/Baby Doll defeated "Superstar" Billy Graham/"Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton when Olympia pinned Rogers after he was tripped by Baby Doll

MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Tag Team Championship
FOUR CORNERS MATCH
The RAT Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich defeated The Midnight Express (Condrey/Rose)/Fire & Flame/Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden when Armstrong pinned Fire after a dropkick off the top rope

======================================================

Sports Arena
Tupelo, MS.
Thursday March 21, 1984
Bell Time: 7:30pm

Jesse Barr pinned Ted Allen with a belly to belly suplex

Humongous w/Paul Jones defeated Brett Wayne Sawyer by count out after giving him a two handed choke slam on the floor

Mike Jackson pinned Bill Ash with a flying cross body off the top rope

Mr. Pogo/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Art Crews/Ken Lucas when Pogo put Crews out with the Japanese Sleeper

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto

MAIN EVENT
RAGE IN THE CAGE
10 MAN CAGE WAR
Paul Jones' Army (Fire/Flame/Superstar Graham/Bruiser Brody/Paul Jones) defeated Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Junkyard Dog/Stan Hansen) when Brody made Golden submit to a modified Camel Clutch

Congrats to Wendell Cooley on his title win! Quite on a roll already this week. I think he's gonna a hard one to beat. Huge win in Rage in the Cage for Paul Jones' Army as well! I bet Stan Hansen won't take this lying down for sure!

The action in SECW is really heating up!

Midnight's drop the tag straps thanks to their new member who may end up being an old member real quick after that.

The Humongous has arrived! (The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah!!... Sorry) Seriously though, he is off to a dominating start and is another monster for Jones.

Wendell Cooley picking up the gold is awesome, and I look forward to a good run from him.

Then man oh man, we still got Fire and Flame going at it with Fuller and Golden AND Brody and Hansen are nowhere near done. 

All of this while Ric Flair sits on the sidelines, and who knows what he's plotting!!

Great stuff Gene.

SECWLogo.jpg

AWA Southeastern Championship

Wrestling Television
WTVY Ch. 4 Studio
Dothan, Alabama
Airing at 5:30pm on Saturday March 23, 1984
Hosted by Charlie Platt & Les Thatcher
Interviews: Rick Stewart

SECWTVCap.jpg

(Show opens with the highlights of the brutal cage match last Monday night in Birmingham where Stan Hansen defeated Bruiser Brody, we then get the opening montage and go to the desk with Charlie Platt and Les Thatcher)

Platt: "Fans, welcome to Southeastern Championship Wrestling and you just witnessed highlights from one of the most violent matches to ever take place in SECW between Stan Hansen and Bruiser Brody and as you saw at the end of the match, this thing is far from over after that post match attack on Hansen by Bruiser Brody."

Thatcher: "That's putting it mildly…..both men have demanded a rematch and they have both demanded it be once again inside a steel cage."

Platt: "Yes and we were just made aware before we went on the air that due to the intense hatred of these two men have for each other and that fact that both are very hard to control…..the AWA President has barred them both from Dothan today, so not only are than banned from the studio today but they are both banned from the Houston County Farm Center tonight…..these two will meet in the cage once again on Monday night at the Boutwell Auditorium and hopefully end this thing once and for all."

Thatcher: "I can only imagine how far these two are willing to go….to end not only this feud….but each other's careers."

MATCH #1:
"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones defeated Frank Reynolds with a bear hug

**Post Match: Rick Stewart approaches Graham and Jones at ringside**

Stewart: "Paul Jones, we've already heard about Bruiser Brody's big match on Monday but….." (before he can finish Graham snatches the mic)

Graham: "Kid, that's Monday….let's talk about tonight, baby…….tonight right here in Dothan….I'm going to settle things with me and the JYD!"

Stewart: "Yes, last Saturday night the Dog pinned you for a 1-2-3 right there at the Houston County Farm Center."

Graham: "First off…..don't you EVER interrupt the Superstar when I'm speaking!  The fact of the matter is this territory isn't big enough for me and Junkyard Dog…..so tonight….we're having a loser leaves town match and I'll you why I'm a legend….and he's a chump!"

Jones: "Rick Stewart, not only will JYD be sent packing by the Superstar……but my monster Humongous will destroy Ron Fuller and rid the wrestling business of him once and for all!  Then on Monday night in Birmingham……I'm going to turn the wrestling world on it's ear……NO ONE is prepared for what's going to happen in Birmingham!"

COMMERCIAL for tonight's card in Dothan:
Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 23, 1984

MAIN EVENT
Six Man Southern Street Fight
The RAT Patrol (Johnny Rich/Scott & Steve Armstrong)
Vs.
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Doug Somers/Randy Rose)

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Loser Leaves Town
The Junkyard Dog
Vs.
"Superstar" Billy Graham w/Paul Jones

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller
Vs.
Humongous w/Paul Jones

Alabama Heavyweight Championship
(Ms. Brenda handcuffed to Baby Doll at ringside)
"Hustler" Rip Rogers
Vs.
Mr. Olympia

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden
Vs.
Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley
Vs.
Mr. Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto

Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer
Vs.
Lord Jonathan Boyd/Sonny King

Tom Jones
Vs.
Ted Allen

(Card Subject to Change)

MATCH #2:
The RAT Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated Roy Munson/Randy Watson/Charlie Kelley when Johnny Rich pinned Munson with a flying body press

COMMERCIALS

MATCH #3:
Alabama Champion "Hustler" Rip Rogers w/Ms. Brenda Britton pinned Art Crews after a DDT

**Post match: Rogers is approached by Rick Stewart**

Stewart: "Rip, tonight you have to put your Alabama championship on the line against Mr. Olympia but this time Ms. Brenda's interference will be neutralized as she will be handcuffed at ringside to Baby Doll."

Rogers: "How dare you imply that Ms. Brenda would interfere in a match!  Ms. Brenda is a lady and would never think of interjecting herself into a match and having her cuffed to Baby Doll is absurd and unnecessary!  But whatever, I'm going to beat Mr. Olympia again like I always do and we're going to be done with him….that is if he even manages to get past my good friend Colonel Buck Robley right here today on this television show."

Highlights are shown of the Mississippi Heavyweight Title tournament this past Tuesday in Tupelo, Mississippi which was eventually won by "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley when he defeated The Flame in the in the finals to become the champion.

MATCH #4:
Mississippi Champion "Wildcat" Wendell Cooley pinned Randy Barber after a running bulldog

COMMERCIAL for this Monday night in Birmingham:
Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 25, 1984

MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE REMATCH
Stan Hansen
Vs.

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Tag Team Championship- Rematch
The RAT Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich)
w/Scott Armstrong
Vs.
The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose)
w/Doug Somers

Eight Man Tag Team Revenge Match
Robert & Ron Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Tim Horner
Vs.
Fire & Flame/Superstar Graham/Humongous w/Paul Jones

Mixed Six Person Tag Match
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia/Baby Doll
Vs.
Col. Buck Robley/"Hustler" Rip Rogers/Ms. Brenda Britton

Tommy Gilbert
Vs.
Scott Armstrong

PLUS 2 MORE BIG MATCHES!!

MATCH #5:
Mr. Olympia w/Baby Doll defeated Col. Buck Robley with a school boy roll up after Baby Doll prevented Robley from stealing a win with his feet on the ropes…..afterwards Robley went after Baby Doll but he cut off by Olympia

COMMERCIALS

(On their way to the ring, Paul Jones stops at the desk and grabs the mic)

Jones: "In all my excitement earlier, I neglected to mention that these two men Fire & Flame are going to destroy Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden tonight at the Houston County Farm Center and if there's anything left after tonight, we'll finish the job this Monday night in Birmingham…..and mark my words right now….Monday night in Birmingham everything changes…..the face of wrestling in the Southeast will never be the same after Monday night."

MATCH #6:
MAIN EVENT
Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones defeated Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer when Fire pinned Sawyer after interference from Paul Jones

© 1984 Southeastern Championship Wrestling

Dothan, Alabama
Saturday March 23, 1984

Tom Jones pinned Ted Allen with a powerslam

Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer defeated Lord Jonathan Boyd/Sonny King after a miscommunication between Boyd & King allowed Sawyer to get a roll up on Boyd…..there was some shoving going on between Boyd and King post match but they eventually shook hands and left together

"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley defeated Mr. Pogo w/Tojo Yamamoto by DQ after Tojo threw salt in his eyes after he landed his running bulldog on Pogo,  Tojo and Pogo attempted to double team Cooley after the match but Mr. Olympia ran in wielding a steel chair which caused the Japanese team to retreat to the dressing room

GRUDGE TAG TEAM MATCH
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden fought Fire & Flame w/Paul Jones to a double count out

Alabama Heavyweight Championship
(Ms. Brenda handcuffed to Baby Doll at ringside)
"Hustler" Rip Rogers pinned Mr. Olympia after Col. Buck Robley came to ringside while Ms. Brenda caused a disturbance with Baby Doll and the referee while cuffed to Baby Doll which allowed Robley to hand Rogers a chain which he used to knock out Olympia and get the pinfall

SPECIAL CHALLENGE MATCH
"Tennessee Stud" Ron Fuller defeated Humongous w/Paul Jones by reverse decision/DQ when Humongous put Fuller out with the Cobra Clutch and then refused to release the hold for a several minutes until Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden came down to ringside and started wailing on Humongous until he finally broke the hold and left the ring…..Ron Fuller had to be taken out on a stretcher as the result of this brutal attack

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Loser Leaves Town
Superstar Graham w/Paul Jones defeated the Junkyard Dog when Paul Jones distracted referee Larry Brock allowing the Flame to come in and throw a fireball at JYD who was then covered and pinned by Graham,  as a result JYD must leave Southeastern Championship Wrestling

MAIN EVENT
SIX MAN SOUTHERN STREETFIGHT
The RAT Patrol (Scott & Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) defeated The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Doug Somers/Randy Rose) in a wild brawl that went all over the building when Scott Armstrong pinned Doug Somers after a 'super kick' in the ring

Two fantastic shows all around.

I detest Rip Rogers, but you have made him super entertaining here!

Superstar putting away JYD has to come as a huge shock for the fans.

I am super excited for Monday and to find out what Paul Jones has in store! The guys is already pretty much running the place, what in the world could he have up his sleeve!

Flair better get his ass back to work, or he may not have any allies left standing!

So much going on here in SECW! 

Congrats to Wendel Cooley on winning the Mississippi Championship. I love the push he's getting. 

Robley gets involved in the Olympia/Rogers feud adding another obstacle for Olympia. 

Rat Patrol are on a roll and remain champs. 

Humungous really did a number on Fuller. I think this really puts Humungous over. 

YES! Brody and Hansen will go at it again inside the cage! This isn't about winning but more about survival. 

WOW! Graham sends JYD packing. Didn't see that coming. This really puts Graham back up there

Man, all this going on and Flair comes back soon.

Great stuff! . 

Wow...

First, sorry I am a little late on congratulating Wendell Cooley and the Rat Patrol on their championships.

Next, the action in Dothan was wild:

Could there be a problem on the horizon for Boyd and King or was this just a one time thing?

Olympia to the rescue as Cooley got the salt in the eyes from those cheating Japanese.... This will most likely lead to a tag match that I can't wait to see.

Paul Jones is causing havoc in the Southeast!  Flame with a fireball to JYD in a loser leave town match will bring down some serious HEAT!  JYD leaving Southeast reminds me of how bummed I was when Tommy Rich lost his Loser Leave Town Match to Dibaise.  

GREAT SHOW AS ALWAYS

Boutwell Auditorium
Birmingham, Alabama
Monday March 25, 1984

Tom Jones pinned Lord Jonathan Boyd w/Sonny King with a small package when King "accidently" tripped Boyd when he hit the ropes……post match Boyd shoved King and told him "that was no accident"…..King just shrugged it off and Boyd attacked him with the flagpole of his New Zealand flag and started putting the boots to him……Jones came to King's aid and fought off Boyd….until Mr. Pogo/Tojo/Kendo Nagasaki all hit the ring and attacked Jones and King and left them laying….

#1 Contender's Match for the Southeastern Tag Titles
Mr. Pogo/Kendo Nagasaki w/Tojo Yamamoto defeated Jesse Barr/Brett Wayne Sawyer when Nagasaki pinned Sawyer after Tojo hit Brett with the kendo stick behind the ref's back

Scott Armstrong pinned Tommy Gilbert with a small package to win the U.S. Jr Championship

Mixed Six Person Tag Match
"Wildcat" Wendell Cooley/Mr. Olympia/Baby Doll defeated Col. Buck Robley/"Hustler" Rip Rogers/Ms. Brenda Britton when Baby Doll pinned Brenda Britton after a running clothesline…….as Cooley/Olympia/Baby Doll where celebrating with their hands raised, they were attacked from behind by their opponents……knocking them through the ropes to the floor…..Robley jumped out and gave Baby Doll a suplex on the floor….and then quickly fled the scene with Rogers/Britton……Cooley and Olympia then helped Baby Doll away from ringside

PRIOR TO THE NEXT MATCH: Robert Fuller took the mic and said that due to what Humongous did to his brother last night in Dothan, Ron is neither cleared nor physically able to compete tonight….but in his place they've found a hell of a masked competitor named SUPER OLYMPIA!

Eight Man Tag Team Revenge Match
Robert Fuller/Jimmy Golden/Tim Horner/Super Olympia defeated Fire & Flame/Superstar Graham/Humongous w/Paul Jones when Super Olympia made Graham submit to a figure four leglock

SEMI-MAIN EVENT
Southeastern Tag Team Championship- Rematch
The RAT Patrol (Steve Armstrong/Johnny Rich) w/Scott Armstrong defeated The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey/Randy Rose) w/Doug Somers when Steve Armstrong pinned Randy Rose after a dropkick off the top rope

MAIN EVENT
STEEL CAGE REMATCH
Stan Hansen
Vs.

**Highlights**
A brutal and bloody cage match just as the fans expected after last week's brutal affair……the action was back and forth and really seemed like it could go either way until about 15 minutes in, Hansen went for a big 'lariat' and Brody ducked causing Hansen to catch the referee with the clothesline wiping him out….after a few more minutes of brawling, another referee came out and unlocked the cage and started to enter…..however Paul Jones pulled him out to the floor, shoving him down and then tossing Brody's chain into the cage…..and locking the cage door back……Hansen and Brody both went for the chain….which resulted in a bit of a tug of war for the chain until Brody raked Hansen's eyes and took control of the chain…….he hit Hansen with it a few times opening up an even bigger cut over Hansen's eye….he then wrapped the chain around Hansen's neck and started to choke him….Hansen struggled to fight but eventually was choked out by Brody and the chain…..finally the referee managed to get the key to the cage and re-entered…..he checked Hansen's arm which dropped three times…..and the match was over…..Brody wins!!  As Hansen was left face down in the cage with Brody's chain still around his neck, Brody struggled to get to his feet and leave the cage…..just as Brody went to go through the door……SUPER OLYMPIA slams the door on Brody's head knocking him back into the cage…..Super Olympia slides a chair into the cage, climbs in and locks the door back behind him…..Brody holding his head is trying to recover, but Super Olympia takes the chair and drives it into the knee of Brody over and over again……he then locks in a figure four on Brody who is flailing in pain and there's no one there to stop it…..Super Olympia cranks on the figure four for a couple of minutes until it looks like Brody is close to passing out from the pain……just then Super Olympia releases the hold and then squats over Brody and starts raining punches down on his head opening him up even more…..he then grabs the chain off of Hansen and wraps it around Brody's neck and drags him over to a corner and sits him up….he wraps the chain around his neck and the turnbuckle to both hold him up….and hold him in place……he then drops to one knee in front of Brody……and removes the mask….and proceeds to let out a huge…."WOOOOOOOOOO!"

RIC FLAIR IS BACK!! And has gotten a measure of revenge on Bruiser Brody…….as Flair turns to leave, Paul Jones cuts the lock off the cage door and comes through followed by Fire/Flame, Graham, and Humongous……Flair is outnumbered as Paul Jones walks over to Flair who draws back……and HUGS PAUL JONES!! Jones raises Flair's hand and yells "The Champ is Back!!  Fire & Flame, Graham, and Humongous further beat down BOTH Hansen and BRODY!!  Finally, Flair and company exit the cage leaving the battered and bloodied Brody and Hansen in the cage……the fans are completely stunned at what they've just witnessed…..with a lot more questions than answers.

I KNEW WE COULDN'T TRUST RIC FLAIR! I just love the possibilities you can have with the pairing of Paul Jones and Ric Flair, definitely different than anything that happened IRL with JJ Dillon as Paul Jones was so much more of a sleazy manager.

And the RAT Patrol is on a roll! More gold for them with Scott Armstrong winning the US Junior Heavyweight Championship!