Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/3 - 10/3 DO I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION NOW?

FMKK

I feel like the scale is broken around here when it comes to accurately weighing these guys, tbh.

Like, their New Japan stuff wasn't outstanding or anything. But it wasn't horrible either. They were decent as the hoss tag team. Anderson, in particular, had some really solid solo stuff as well.

And their "personality" gets way overstated. I mean, yeah. They're funny dudes. Their appearances on podcasts are entertaining. But being funny drunks & your favorite storytellers doesn't automatically make them bound for superstardom.

There are at least five guys at my local bar that carry themselves the same way. It doesn't mean people are lining up to pay to see them or fuck them or anything. Sometimes it just means they're fun to talk to or hear from.

I don't even feel like Gallows & Anderson got a bad deal in WWE either. They made good money. They got to travel the world & hang out with friends. And now they have the kind of recognition and equity in the States which can be turned into a big contract with AEW.

I feel like they were probably slotted where they needed to be. I mean, yeah. They could've done more as AJ's lackeys or Finn's fall guys or something. But it's no major loss that they, ya know, DIDN'T do that either.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, SomethingSavage said:

And their "personality" gets way overstated. I mean, yeah. They're funny dudes. Their appearances on podcasts are entertaining. But being funny drunks & your favorite storytellers doesn't automatically make them bound for superstardom. 

Maybe, but when you see that they have zero personality on WWE shows but tons of it outside of WWE or even on WWE YouTube videos that aren't as tightly controlled, there's obviously a massive disconnect. At the very least, WWE could be tapping into their innate charisma and charm a little bit more. No one is suggesting that they're suddenly going to be megastars, but their presentation certainly has the potential to be more entertaining than it is right now. 

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

their presentation certainly has the potential to be more entertaining than it is right now

Well, yeah. But I also believe that applies to basically everybody on their roster.

Even Daniel Bryan - essentially the most interesting character on their television - is infinitely greater on his YouTube promos. The restricting & restraining nature of their programming suffocates everyone across the board.

1 hour ago, SomethingSavage said:

Well, yeah. But I also believe that applies to basically everybody on their roster.

Even Daniel Bryan - essentially the most interesting character on their television - is infinitely greater on his YouTube promos. The restricting & restraining nature of their programming suffocates everyone across the board.

Agreed, but at least Bryan is still entertaining even within WWE's limitations. Gallows and Anderson don't get that much. I'm not saying they're this amazing act, but I was surprised when I saw how charismatic and charming they could be when left to their own devices.

40 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Their use, or more accurately the lack thereof, makes me think they only got offers from WWE to sweeten the pot for AJ to make the jump. 

That, and tag teams have never been a priority in WWE.