Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

SirEdger

June 2nd, 1984

Miami, FL

-Jerry Brisco vs Bob Dellaserra ends in a double countout after interference from Boris Zhukov & Khruscher Khruschev, preventing Jerry Brisco to get back in the ring in time to beat referee Stu Schwarz' 10-count

-The Missing Link beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver. Link still a bit aggressive, following what happened with Miss Elizabeth a while back.

-Paul Orndorff beat Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink). Konga was distracted by TheĀ  Missing Link coming out to attack Humperdink, trying to get to Konga.

-Don Kent beat John Bonello

-Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Angelo Mosca) beat Steve Diblasio

-Khruscher Khruschev (w/Boris Zhukov) beat Ric McCord with the Crowbar

-Greg Valentine beat Ricky Steamboat with a low blow and a small package

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 3rd, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat Boomer Lynch

-The debuting Johnny Mantell beat Tommy Wright

Lumberjack Match: Dory Funk Jr beat John Bonello. After the match, Ricky Steamboat gets his revenge on Dory Funk by hitting him with his branding iron in payback to his attack on him on TV this weekend!

-Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Bob Dellaserra

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Mark Fleming

-Contender's Crown Holder "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler beat Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Angelo Mosca). After the match, Buzz Tyler announces his attention to cash in his Contender's Crown on June 23rd in Miami, FL against whoever will be the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion at that time!

-Paul Orndorff beat Kevin Kelly with the Piledriver

It was Gino!!!!! It was Gino all along! Awesome payoff! That entire angle was brilliant. I cant wait to see what Gino has planned.

Don Kent is out to prove a point.Ā 

Wild main event as Abdullah puts down Steamboat then Dory adds to it. Funk/Steamboat will be a fun feud.Ā 

The heels in Florida are running wild with Gino, House of Humperdink and now the Russians. On the other side of the fence is Dusty, Orndorff and Wahoo. Jeez so much talent!Ā 

Events for June 8, 9 & 10th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV

June 8th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

-Boomer Lynch beat Tommy Lane in 15:36

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Rufus Jones in 9:26 to retain. Boomer Lynch stuck around after his match and provided commentary with Tony Schiavone & Bob Caudle, mocking Rufus at every turn. After the match, Rufus confronted Boomer and told him that they're gonna settle this once and for all at the Armory here in Tampa!

6-Men Tag: The Soviet Soldiers (Khruscher Khruschev & Boris Zhukov) & The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink beat Don Kernodle, John Bonello & Bob Dellaserra. It pretty much turned into a 3-on-1 Handicap Match as Bonello & Dellaserra were taken out early by Khruschev & Zhukov. A triple team Russian Sickle gave the heels the victory.

Before the show went off air, Schiavone & Caudle announce that a response from Greg Valentine is expected about Gino Hernandez' revelation from last week!

June 8th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory, Tampa, FL

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) after interference from Reverend Cash. After the match, The Brisco Brothers attacked both Cash & Valiant but Wahoo McDaniel ran in to make the save. Wahoo & Cash challenged the Briscos to a match later tonight!

-Rufus Jones beat Boomer Lynch by countout after Boomer walked away after taking a beating from Rufus!

-Reverend Cash & Wahoo McDaniel beat The Brisco Brothers by countout after Jerry Brisco couldn't make it back before the count of 10.

AWA North American Championship: Bret Hart beat Bulldog Bob Brown to retain

June 9th, 1984

Miami, FL

Falls Count Anywhere: Khruscher Khruschev beat "Avalanche" Buzz Tyler, despite a miscue from The Great Kabuki, trying to interfere in Khruschev's favor. Khruschev took the mic after the match and said that he and Zhukov knew that they couldn't eventually trust Kabuki so they asked from backup from up north to take care of him: Korstia Korchenko!

-Korstia Korchenko beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink)

-Dory Funk Jr beat Pat Rose by interference from Greg Valentine

AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship: Bill White & Johnny Weaver beat Bulldog Bob Brown & Konga the Barbarian (w/Kevin Sullivan) by reverse decision to retain their titles. Originally, Brown & Konga had won the titles after Sullivan handed the tag titles to Brown so he could use them but Bob Dellaserra came out and told referee Bill Alfonso what happened and the decision was reversed!

AWA North American Championship: Bret Hart beat Don Kent to retain

-Angelo Mosca Jr & AWA Florida Heavyweight Champion Gino Hernandez beat Steve Diblasio & Mick Payton

-Tom Prichard beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle"

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat The Cuban Assassin after interference from Greg Valentine who turned on Cuban Assassin by knocking him out with a roll of coins while Gino Hernandez came out to distract the referee. As Kernodle celebrated, Valentine ran off chasing Gino!!!

June 10th, 1984

Orlando, FL

Triangle Match: Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat The Missing Link and Johnny Mantell. Mantell was the first eliminated, then Link. Still no sight of Miss Elizabeth following the fireball incident

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel) beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 7:41

-The House of Humperdink (Konga the Barbarian & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Kevin Kelly & Bob Dellaserra when Humperdink pinned Dellaserra after Konga destroyed him.

-The Rock N' Roll RPMs beat The House of Humperdink (The Great Kabuki & Purple Haze) in 21:24 after Mike Davis pinned TV champion Purple Haze!

-Tom Prichard & Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Gino Hernandez & Angelo Mosca) beat Greg Valentine & AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle after a distraction from Gino allowed Mosca to roll up Valentine and pin him with a handful of tights. After the match, Valentine took his frustrations out on Mosca by putting him through 2 piledrivers while Gino & Prichard retreated to the back, avoiding the wrath of Valentine & Kernodle!

I agree, Valentine is going to go all out to get revenge on Gino. So far a lot of people have felt the wrath of Valentine.

Cool seeing Bret Hart come to town and defend his title.Ā 

Cuban Assassin had a great run as champ but as mentioned above, he was one of Valentine's victims.Ā 

The Russians are causing some serious havoc.Ā 

Boomer and Rufus are involved in a fun feud.Ā 

Cant wait for the inevitable Gino/Valentine match!

Ā 

Ā 

Events for June 15th, 16th & 17th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, June 15th, 1984 - shortened 30 minute episode

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

-Most of the show was built around tonight's show at the Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory in Tampa with the dual Battle Royals in which the winner will receive $100,000. The House of Humperdink cut a promo after interrupting a scheduled match between Johnny Mantell and John Bonello. Kevin Sullivan, The Great Kabuki & TV champion Purple Haze take turns beating up the poor 2 men.

Kevin Sullivan: "Now that Eddie Graham has lost control of his own territory, this means more than ever that we can do whatever we want, whenever we want. We don't care if Gino Hernandez is pulling the strings; the likes of Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Paul Orndorff can't stop us. And I'm not even talking about Greg Valentine. There won't be anybodyĀ  that can match us and win the battle royal tonight. Just imagine how more powerful we can be with $100,000, Bob Caaaaaaaaaaudle!"

One half of the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White came out and confronted Sullivan, saying that as long as there are people like the House of Humperdink in the territory, there'll be many people like him standing up to them. White is answered by Kabuki spitting green mist in White's face and grabbing his tag title belt. Johnny Weaver comes out and he's followed by Boomer Lynch. Bob Caudle seems to be surprised by Boomer Lynch's appearance and when asked if he's here in solidarity with the tag champs, Lynch's response is clear:

"I couldn't care less about Bill White & Johnny Weaver. I'm here because Purple Haze is the one holding the TV titleĀ  and I'll be damned if I'm not taking it sooner, rather than later."

Soon, the foundation is built for our feature match this week but Kevin Sullivan notices that with White being out of commission, Weaver and Lynch seem to be one-man short until....what? KING KONG BUNDY? King Kong Bundy waltzes on the set to stand between Weaver/Lynch and the House of Humperdink.

King Kong Bundy: " I heard there was a big battle royal tonight in Tampa so I decided to drive down here and show the world who's gonna win this whole thing. I don't care about any of you but I could use a little bit of warm-up!"

-In the feature match, AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver, Boomer Lynch & King Kong Bundy beat The House of Humperdink (The Great Kabuki, Kevin Sullivan & Purple Haze, w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) after Bundy pins Kabuki following the Avalanche.

June 15th, 1984

Battle Royal #1, Winner advances to the $100,000 Grand Prize Match in the main event: King Kong Bundy wins the battle royal, last eliminating Reverend Jimmy Valiant.

-Angelo Mosca Jr beat Don Kent

Battle Royal #2, Winner advances to the $100,000 Grand Prize Match in the main event: Reverend Cash wins the battle royal, last eliminating Khruscher Khruschev.

-Boomer Lynch & Johnny Mantell fight The Soviet Soldiers (Khruschev & Zhukov) to a double disqualification

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Don Kernodle to win the title

-Mike Davis beat Ric McCord

-Tommy Lane upsets Jack Brisco with a small package

Guest Referee - Eddie Graham: Rufus Jones beat Wahoo McDaniel

$100,000 Grand Prize Match: King Kong Bundy beat Reverend Cash to win the Grand Prize. Bob Caudle and Tony Schiavone hands over the $100,000 check to Bundy to close the show.

June 16th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Big John Studd beat Ric McCord

-John Bonello fight Boris Zhukov to a double countout

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Boomer Lynch

-Khruscher Khruschev beat Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) by reverse decision. Originally, Konga had won the match after a botched interference from The Missing Link. However, after discussion with other officials, referee Bill Alfonso reversed the decision and awarded the match to Khruschev...But was it really a botched interference or did Link knew what he was doing???

-Tommy Lane beat Don Kent

-Reverend Cash beat Jake Roberts by DQ after Jake DDTed Cash on the floor outside the ring

June 17th, 1984

Orlando, FL

6-Men Tag: The Brisco Brothers & David Sammartino, beat Ric McCord, Buzz Tyler & enhancement talent Wes Wyatt in 11:24

-Bob Dellaserra beat John Bonello in 16:17

-Rufus Jones beat Boris Zhukov in 13:15

6-Men Tag: Bulldog Bob Brown & The Rock N' Roll RPMs squash Jarod Royston, Ezra Horton & Bernie Romilly

-King Kong Bundy beat Dory Funk Jr in 49:11

House of Humperdink was causing some havoc until King Kong Bundy showed up!Ā 

Bundy wins it all! Awesome angle here with the battle royals.Ā 

Upset of the week has got to go to Lane over Brisco.Ā 

In the middle of all this, Weaver beats Kernodle for the Atlantic Coast title!Ā 

Jake the Snake comes to town and DDT's Cash on the outside!Ā 

Always something happening in Florida!Ā 

Bundy makes an impact quickly here in Florida!! Nice win for the ten grand!Ā  I'm sure his cardio was stretched to the limit going nearly an hour with Dory Jr.

My jaw would have been on the floor when Tommy Lane upset Jack Brisco!!

Congrats to Johnny Mantel and Boomer for holding their own against the big Russian team!

Ā 

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV

June 22nd, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

Ā 

(After the opening credits, we join Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone at the broadcast booth to start the show.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Hello wrestling fans, and welcome to Atlantic Coast TV. Lots of things to discuss about today and a lot of people have some things to say, Tony, and theyā€™ll have the chance to speak their mind.

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Yes, they will, Bob but one of them wonā€™t be Greg Valentine or Eddie Graham. Valentine has been exceptionally hush since the reveal of Gino Hernandez being the mastermind behind Valentine being robbed of his Atlantic Coast Heavyweight title shot against Paul Orndorff. And from what I understand, Eddie Graham is busy trying to join Valentine so they can work things out but obviously, itā€™s not working at all for the moment.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Weā€™ll see but since weā€™ve got many people joining us, letā€™s not forget that our feature bout this week will feature a rare appearance of Dusty Rhodes on TV and he will take on young Kevin Kelly in our main event. But first, letā€™s welcome the Mosca family, Angelo Mosca and Angelo Mosca Jr.

Ā 

(The Moscas make their way to the broadcast booth for their interview.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Alright, Angelo Mosca, thereā€™s no denying that your transition from active wrestler to manager has been relatively successful as we look at your sonā€™s record recently and heā€™s about to break out as a wrestler.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: Well, Mr. Caudle, nothing pays off like hard work and Junior works harder than everyone here in Atlantic Coast. So it might be surprising to you but itā€™s not to me. Weā€™ve been doing this together from the start and weā€™ll keep doing this for a long time again!

Ā 

Angelo Mosca Jr (hesitant): Yeahā€¦about that, Popsā€¦

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: What? Anything wrong, son?

Ā 

AngeloĀ  Mosca Jr: Listen, Popsā€¦I know that weā€™ve been doing pretty good so far but after consideration, I think itā€™d be better if we just go our separate ways.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: Donā€™t fool with me, son. Thatā€™s not funny.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca Jr: Iā€™m not joking, Dad. Itā€™s over. Weā€™re done.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: And youā€™re telling me this, now? What changed?

Ā 

Angelo Mosca Jr: Well, I got better advice from someone else.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: And that would be?

???: That would be me!

Ā 

(The camera pans to see AWA Florida Heavyweight Champion Gino Hernandez walking to the booth. Hernandez is dressed to the nines and Angelo Mosca Jr goes standing beside him.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Hold on a second, Gino Hernandez! You again!

Ā 

Gino Hernandez: Yeah, ā€œme again!ā€ Listen, Pops, itā€™s nothing personal. Itā€™s strictly business. You see, Angelo Jr can only go so far with someone to whom heā€™s emotionally involved. In this business, emotions will get you nowhere. Iā€™m gonna bring that to your son, Angelo. Watch him soar like never before. Weā€™ve already started and itā€™s already paying dividends. So, as of this moment, Angelo Mosca Sr, your services are no longer required.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca Jr: Sorry, Popsā€¦just business.

Ā 

(Gino and Junior leave, while Bob Caudle is trying to get some comments from a shellshocked Angelo Mosca.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Angelo, Iā€™m sorry.

Ā 

Angelo Mosca: Iā€¦..I donā€™t know what to say.

Ā 

(Then, Mosca just walks away while Caudle rejoins Tony Schiavone behind the desk.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Gino Hernandez continuing to cause all sorts of problems in Atlantic Coast and this time, the Mosca family is the latest collateral damage.

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Gino Hernandez seems to thoroughly enjoy his role as puppet master behind the scenes and until somebody steps up to stop him, this will be a weekly occurrence.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: One thing that wonā€™t be a weekly occurrence is the presence of an AWA Worldwide star on our TV, but this week itā€™s the case. For our weekend shows tomorrow and Monday, Dave Morgan will be joining us and heā€™ll be featured in a tag match with Dory Funk Jr against the Brisco Brothers on Sunday night, among other things. Weā€™ve received some comments earlier this week from Dave Morgan as heā€™s preparing for his trip to Florida this weekend.

Ā 

(Cut to VTR footage of Dave Morgan, sitting on a bench in the locker room after an AWA Worldwide event. Morgan is finishing packing his stuff before leaving.)

Ā 

Dave Morgan: The great thing about the AWA is the opportunity that we all get to work a lot of places in this promotion and a lot of workers. A lot of opponents and opportunities to sink your teeth in. This weekend wonā€™t be no exception as I come to Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling for 2 shows. And for one of them, Iā€™m teaming up with Dory Funk Jr against the Briscos. Now, I know what this means especially in this territory. Thereā€™s no love lost between the Funks and the Briscos. I know what Iā€™m getting myself into and while Iā€™m not Terry Funk, I know what this means for Dory Funk so Iā€™m gonna come to Miami with every intention of helping Dory to win this match. And I intend on doing the same thing the next time against whoever Iā€™m gonna wrestle. So then, Iā€™ll come back to the Northeast with all the momentum in the world and the next time Iā€™ll be back in Florida, not only Iā€™ll come back as a better wrestler but Iā€™ll come back as a champion as well.

Ā 

(Back to the studio with Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone)

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Well Bob, I like seeing that Dave Morgan is excited about coming to work with us this weekend and heā€™s right about how historically important are the matches between Funks and Briscos. This is similar to the Hatfields and the McCoys. They viscerally hate each other.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: AlthoughĀ  in this situation, Tony, Dory doesnā€™t have his little brother Terry as a tag team partner with Dave Morgan. Itā€™s a completely different variable and this has to play in favor of the Briscos. Now, if this is going to be the outcome, thatā€™s a different story but weā€™ll see on Sunday night. Up next, hereā€™s Rocky ā€œThe Best Kernodleā€.

Ā 

(Rocky Kernodle makes his way to the booth with a mixed reaction, at best.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Rocky, recently, thereā€™s been so much chaos in this territory, starting with you turning on your brother and then aligning yourself with Greg Valentine & The Cuban Assassin, when he first thought Eddie Graham was against him. But after Valentine turned on the Assassin, and as you donā€™t seem to have any affiliation with Valentine anymore, we have to wonder whatā€™s next for you, Rocky?

Ā 

Rocky Kernodle: With or without Greg Valentine, I still am the Best Kernodle around and you and Schiavone know it. I donā€™t know what the heck is going on with Greg Valentine but he better get his act together because when we cross paths next time, Iā€™m gonna make sure he never forgets that you donā€™t mess with the Best Kernodle. But right now, thereā€™s another thing bothering me.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: And that would be?

Ā 

Rocky Kernodle: That would be those damn Russians, Khruschev and Zhukov. You see, I might be a ā€œbad guyā€ to you, people, but I still am a proud American. I hate those commies with every fiber of my being and I donā€™t like that they decided to come here, trying to run roughshod over this territory. So, Khruschev and Zhukov, I donā€™t care how I gotta get to you but next week, on this program, Iā€™m gonna bring myself a partner and weā€™re gonna send you packing back to the Soviet Union!

Ā 

Bob Caudle: What would be the chances of that partner being your brother Don?

Ā 

Rocky Kernodle: Absolutely and positively none. Iā€™ll take any schmuck in attendance rather than my brother Don. Heā€™s been nothing but a thorn to my side my entire life. Don this, Don that, blah blah blahā€¦Just thinking about him makes me wanna puke. Iā€™m promising you this, Bob Caudle. Iā€™ll take any random Joe that I can find in that locker room and heā€™ll do a better job that Don could ever make as my brother. Not just a tag partner or a wrestler, but a partner. I wonā€™t leave any doubt next week!

Ā 

(Rocky Kernodle leaves the booth)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Rocky Kernodle still inflexible when it comes to his brother Don. Thereā€™s no chance for them to ever reunite, which is sad because they could be a formidable tag team in our division.

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Absolutely. Bill White & Johnny Weaver have a lot of possible contenders to their title, especially now that Johnny Weaver also has the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight title to think about since beating Rockyā€™s brother Don last week. And it could be a great way for Don to have some measure of revenge for losing the title on his first title defense. And--- now what?

Ā 

(Tony and Bob Caudle are interrupted by the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White & Johnny Weaver, making their way to the broadcast booth.)

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Well, itā€™s not like one more interruption will do anything, right?

Ā 

Bill White: Sorry for the interruption but I felt it was important that weā€™d come here and make a statement. Not only because weā€™re tag team champions but also because one week ago, Johnny Weaver captured the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship. And it seems like heā€™s gonna have to face his first mandatory challenger in the Contenderā€™s Crownholder, ā€œAvalancheā€ Buzz Tyler.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Well, you stole the words right out of my mouth, Bill!

Ā 

Bill White: Yeah, well, thatā€™s great because Iā€™m pretty sure that there isnā€™t anyone in the locker room or at home who thinks that Johnny has a chance to retain against Buzz Tyler, as incredible as it may seem but itā€™s been that way since we won the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship. But thatā€™s OK because so far, weā€™ve been proving everyone wrong. Weā€™ve lost our share of battles but when the time comes, we step our game up and we prove to the world that weā€™re not quite done yet. The reality is this; any threat to Johnny as the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight belt is also a threat to our tag team titles. So I need to be ready at any time as much as Johnny must be ā€“ and he must prepare for two title defenses sometimes. So, you better be sure of one thing, people; Iā€™ve got Johnnyā€™s back through and through and thereā€™s not a chance youā€™re taking our titles away for a long time.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Anything you wanna say, Johnny?

Ā 

Johnny Weaver: I think that Bill pretty much said everything but Iā€™ll only add that heā€™s right. This is an opportunity that I didnā€™t think Iā€™d have at this stage of my career and look at me, I got two belts to defend. Bill has my back and I got his back and this is what matters right now. And Iā€™m not crazy, I know that Iā€™m not gonna be Atlantic Coast champion forever and whoever beats me, Iā€™m gonna give props to him. But make no mistake about it, itā€™s gonna take a fine tag team to beat those two old geezers and once that happens, thatā€™ll mean what itā€™ll mean. But until then, Iā€™m preparing for every contender. Tomorrow night, Iā€™m counting on beating Buzz Tyler and obliterate his hopes as the Contenderā€™s Crownholder. Next Sunday night, Rufus Jones will be next and I know heā€™s gonna bring it. But they should also know I will!

Ā 

(White & Weaver leave the broadcast booth.)

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Tony, I think itā€™s safe to say that both Bill White & Johnny Weaver wonā€™t let anyone think theyā€™ll be easy targets. And I donā€™t think they will be.

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Certainly not but everyone wants to mark their territory here in Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling, especially the champions. Johnny Weaver has his work cut out for him as dual champion and Buzz Tyler will certainly be motivated tonight as the Contenderā€™s Crownholder.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: And we finally can get to our first match of the show, so letā€™s get to it!

Ā 

Match #1

Steve Diblasio picks up a rare victory, over enhancement talent Roderick Addison in 9:17

Ā 

***commercial break***

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Welcome back and I understand that the House of Humperdink has requested this time to talk to us, so gentlemen, come on over.

Ā 

(The House of Humperdink make their way to the booth, with Kevin Sullivan, Fallen Angel and Sir Oliver Humperdink, front and center.)

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Sir Oliver, your crew has certainly wreaked havoc like nobody else, not only here in Atlantic Coast but the entire AWA. Youā€™ve got control of the Atlantic Coast TV Championship with Purple Haze and youā€™ve got monsters in Abdullah the Butcher and the Great Kabuki and the addition of Konga the Barbarian has definitely strengthened your group but looming over you for sure might be The Missing Link, still looking to avenge what you did to Miss Elizabeth, a while back.

Ā 

Sir Oliver Humperdink: We didnā€™t do absolutely anything! She had no business being there in the first place. I had warned The Missing Link since day one that she would be trouble and look what happened. She got a fireball thrown to her face and who knows whatā€™s next.

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: But thatā€™s you who did this, not Linkā€¦

Ā 

Sir Oliver Humperdink: Shut up, Schiavone! Link is not gonna do a damn thing because without me, without US, he IS nothing. Heā€™s been roaming around, the lost soul that he is, like a headless chicken and he hasnā€™t done nothing yet. Deep inside, Link knows that there isnā€™t anything he can do to stop my House of Humperdink. With or without that Jezebelle, The Missing Link will not lay a finger on me or anyone else in the House of Humperdink. But letā€™s say that he does, that means heā€™s got to deal with Konga, with Kabuki, with the Haze, with Kevin Sullivan and of course, the Butcher. Itā€™s a battle he canā€™t win and he knows it!

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Moving on to you, Kevin. Weā€™ve mentioned that The Purple Haze is the reigning TV Champion and from what I understand, we might have another title soon around one of your menā€™s waist since Konga is scheduled to have a Florida Heavyweight title match next week.

Ā 

Kevin Sullivan: Isnā€™t it maaaaahvelous, Tony Schiavoneā€¦Look at the Purple Haze. Look at Kabuki. Look at Konga. Look at the Butcher. Have you ever seen quite an assembly of specimens like youā€™re seeing in front of you? I donā€™t think anyone has. But the rumbling going around is that a couple of people donā€™t like it. They donā€™t like us but thatā€™s OKā€¦.because thatā€™s the way He wants it. You know Iā€™m talking about you, Dusty Rhodes. Ricky Steamboat. Paul Orndorffā€¦.you know Iā€™m talking about you. Youā€™ve made a promise to the world that youā€™d rid Florida of us but youā€™ve bitten way more that you can chew. Becaaaaawse, as I stated numerous times before, you canā€™t defeat what you canā€™t comprehend. You canā€™t fight what you canā€™t understand. The inexplicable cannot disappear. It will haunt you until the day you finally decide: ā€œThe hell with it, let me gift you with my soul.ā€ And gentlemen, itā€™s only a matter of time before this happens. You donā€™t know when, you donā€™t know where, you donā€™t know why. But the time will come soon where your soul will belong to Him. But enough about youā€¦Apparently, thereā€™s another Army coming for us. An Army jealous of what our House has been doing. Iā€™m talking to you, Paul Jones. The word going around is that Ric Flair and Jake Roberts are coming here to teach us a lesson. Well, gentlemen, I will give you the same advice I gave to Dusty Rhodes and companyā€¦if you know whatā€™s good for you, youā€™ll stay away from us.

Ā 

(The House of Humperdink walks away with Abby staring a hole through Tony Schiavone, who feels a bit intimidated.)

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Chilling words, if there ever was some. The House of Humperdink is well under way in their quest of dominating Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling. And Iā€™m curious as to how this match between Gino Hernandez and Konga will go next week, Bob.

Ā 

Bob Caudle: Itā€™s certainly intriguing to say the least and Ginoā€™s reign can end just like that next Saturday night in Tampa. Weā€™ll see in due time but weā€™ve received word thatā€¦yeahā€¦.OK, Iā€™ve just been told that Boomer Lynch is looking for Eddie Graham and he wants in this tag match with whoever the House of Humperdink will send to represent them against Paul Jonesā€™ Army!

Ā 

Tony Schiavone: Weā€™ll keep you posted on this but now, before our main event, we received some footage from earlier this week about another type of ceremony, a more jovial oneā€¦..letā€™s go to the Church of Boogie Woogie!

Ā 

(Cut to some VTR footage in a small chapel. A handful of faithful are gathered as Jimmy Valiant and Porkchop Cash, dressed as Reverends are standing behind the altar, delivering a speech. We seem to be catching them in the middle of a sermon.)

Ā 

Reverend Jimmy Valiant:ā€¦.while life is serving you hardships sometimes, itā€™s about how you respond to that. Itā€™s about how you deal with life. Life is too short to dwell over sad stuff. Life is about having fun and making the most of it. Reverend Cash has seen the light and is now here with me to preach our gospel!

Ā 

Reverend Cash: Reverend Jimmy is right. The Church of Boogie Woogie has shown me that while my profession is serious, that I have to enjoy life and what it throws at us. Life is about having fun and thatā€™s what this Church is all about. Reverend Jimmy will lead us to the promised land and I will accompany all the way in this journey. We donā€™t know how long itā€™ll take nor did we know where weā€™ll go but in the end, weā€™ll enjoy every step of the way and together, TOGETHER, we will reach the Promised Land! HALLELUJAH!

Ā 

Faithful: HALLELUJAH!

Ā 

(The feed cuts as the faithful get up and dance to the music, just like Reverends Jimmy Valiant and Cash.)

Ā 

***commercial break***

Ā 

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

ā€œThe American Dreamā€ Dusty Rhodes beat Kevin Kelly in 12:37 with the Bionic Elbow. As the match ends, the House of Humperdink comes back and Sullivan, Kabuki, Abby, Konga and Haze surround the ring. The feed cuts as Dusty starts fighting off Humperdinkā€™s men!!!

June 22nd, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory

Tampa, FL

-Bob Dellaserra beat John Bonello after interference from Steve Diblasio

-Johnny Mantell & Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat Weston Bain & Harry Kimberly

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Ric McCord to retain

-Wahoo McDaniel & Jerry Brisco beat Quinten Matthewson & Virgil Beaumont

-Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Gino Hernandez) fight Dory Funk Jr to a 20-minute time limit draw

June 23rd, 1984

Miami, FL

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Boomer Lynch beat The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) to become the new Atlantic Coast TV Champion!

4 Corners Match: AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Don Kent, Mike Graham & Vinnie Valentino

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan, Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel) beat Ric McCord

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Johnny Weaver beat Contender Crownholder Buzz Tyler to retain

-Dory Funk Jr & Dave Morgan beat The Brisco Brothers

June 24th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Dave Morgan beat Ric McCord in 13:56

-Ricky Steamboat vs Konga the Barbarian ends in no-contest after interference from the House of Humperdink. However, The Rock N' Roll RPMs make the save and Eddie Graham books in tonight's main event a 6-Men Tag Match between Ricky Steamboat & the Rock N' Roll RPMs and the House of Humperdink!

-The Brisco Brothers beat Rufus Jones & John Bonello in 14:28

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat Blackjack Lanza in 11:49

-Reverend Cash beat Johnny Mantell in 8:34

6-Men Tag: The House of Humperdink (Konga the Barbarian, Purple Haze & Abdullah the Butcher) beat Ricky Steamboat & The Rock N' Roll RPMs when Konga pinned Steamboat following a diving headbutt

Loving Gino as almost a Mafia Don like figure here. Pulling the strings, taking sons away from their fathers. It's awesome stuff.

Kernodle vs The Russians should be fun, will be interesting to see who ends up as his partner.

The House of Humperdink may be busy with Dusty, and the rest of the babyfaces, and threats from outside the company, but Gino had better leave them alone, cause they are still a force to be reckoned with!!

6/23 looks like quite a night of action with Boomer winning the TV strap, a 4 way, Weaver retaining, and Funk/Morgan putting down the Brisco's.

Ā 

Good Stuff Man!

Florida is wild as always. Gino is a master manipulator... but you know sooner or later he's going to pull the wrong string and get his. Just a question of who and when.Ā 

Meanwhile, with the House of Humperdink, "who" is "everybody" and "when" is "all the time". They are taking on all comers and it's glorious.

So many awesome things going on that I would be glued week in and week out to ACCW!

I love the Kevin Sullivan interviews with his group of misfits.Ā  Dusty has his hands full against this stable.Ā Ā 

The Church of Boogie Woogie is CLASSIC!

Nice build to Morgan joining Dory!

Congrats to Boomer Lynch

Gino continues to make waves as he takes Mosca Jr. away from his dad. That Gino is a very shrewd business man.

Rocky Kernodle has issues with the Russians but makes it clear he wont be tagging with his brother.

White says he has his partner's back and Weaver is more than ready to defend both titles.

LOL, Valiant and Cash are some good comic relief.Ā 

Very chilling promo from Sullivan! Oh man, House of Humperdink vs. Paul Jones Army! I can just see the money.

Dusty defeats Kelly but House of Humperdink is always lurking.

Ā 

Boomer Lynch wins the TV title from Purple Haze!

Morgan proves to be a worthy partner for Dory as they beat the Briscos!

Ā 

Events for June 29, 30 & July 1st, 1984

Atlantic Coast TV, June 29, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

-The Soviet Soldiers beat John Bonello & Bob Dellaserra

-The Rock N' Roll RPMs cut a promo about their recent match with Ricky Steamboat against the House of Humperdink. Rumor has it that Steamboat is pretty banged up following that match and that he might leave the territory because of that. But that's beneath the point because the RPMs have their eyes set on the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champs. Lane has 2 big matches this weekend against Bill White and the Great Kabuki and he intends on winning them to make a statement.

-The Brisco Brothers also were interviewed by Bob Caudle, who asked them about their relationship to Florida Heavyweight Champion Gino Hernandez. The Brisco respond once again that it's strictly professional. What they did to Greg Valentine, they would've done to anyone else in the territory. The only thing that matters to them is to ensure that they're in the right place at the right time.

-In a Falls Count Anywhere Match, Rocky "The Best Kernodle" & Kevin Kelly beat Mike Waterman & Gladwyn Wash

Before the show goes off the air, Bob Caudle announces that tomorrow night in Miami, Gino Hernandez must defend the Florida Heavyweight Championship against The Missing Link. A unusually panicked Gino Hernandez storms on the set to cry foul and that Eddie Graham can't force him to do that. Caudle & Schiavone insist that since Eddie Graham runs the territory, he has the right to do so.

June 29th, 1984

-Khruscher Khruschev beat King Carl Fergie

-Wahoo McDaniel beat The Missing Link

Falls Count Anywhere:Ā AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Vinnie Valentino

-Adrian Adonis beat Steve Diblasio

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship:Ā Konga the Barbarian beat Gino Hernandez to win the title after Gino purposely laid down to allow Konga to pin him. What does Gino have up his sleeves this time?

-Rufus Jones upsets a bloodied & battered Paul Orndorff, who was seemingly beaten up backstage and did anything he could but to no avail.

2 out of 3 Falls Match:Ā The Rock N' Roll RPMs beat The Commonwealth Connection (Jos LeDuc & Dynamite Kid) 2 falls to 1. LeDuc made Davis submit to a bearhug to win the first fall, Dynamite Kid got DQed using a chair on Davis to give the RPMs the 2nd fall and the RPMs got their 3rd fall after a miscue between LeDuc & Dynamite allowed Lane to roll up LeDuc.

Lumberjack Match:Ā Paul Jones' Army (Ric Flair & Jake Roberts) beat Atlantic Coast TV Champion Boomer Lynch & Abdullah the Butcher after Purple Haze accidentally hit Abdullah with the Golden Spike. Postmatch, Abby and Haze got into it and flairing the opportunity, Eddie Graham announces that on Monday night in Orlando, Purple Haze and Abdullah will wrestle each other!

June 30th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Tommy Lane beat Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 5:35

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship:Ā Boomer Lynch beat Ricky Steamboat in 14:18 to retain. Steamboat was visibly physically diminished and Boomer took advantage.

-Johnny Mantell beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 13:05

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat Reverend Jimmy Valiant in 12:55

-Dory Funk Jr beat Adrian Adonis in 7:14

-The Missing Link beat Gino Hernandez in 4:12. Postmatch, Konga attacked The Missing Link. Looks like Gino's plans from last night has become a bit clearer!

-Don Kent beat Ric McCord in 13:38

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship:Ā Johnny Weaver beat Rufus Jones in 11:50 to retain

July 1st, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Bob Dellaserra fight AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White to a double DQ. Postmatch, in the heat of the brawl, Bill White piledrove Dellaserra on the outside and Dellaserra had to be stretchered out. Johnny Weaver came out to calm his partner down.

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat Kevin Kelly

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship:Ā Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Jack Brisco to retain

-Greg Valentine beat John Bonello

-The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Tommy Lane

-Abdullah the Butcher beat The Purple Haze