Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

SirEdger

The situation between Gino and Savage is getting crazy! Cant wait for their one on one match.

Brisco says he's a better wrestler than Backlund but Backlund proves him wrong. 

Gilbert comes in and wins the TV title but the reign is short lived as Brown takes him down but now Manny gets a shot. Very interesting. 

Very cool seeing Piper show up.

Road Warriors continue to be the most dominant team in the AWA! 

Who was that masked man running in on Dusty???

Always something happening in Florida. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Events for August 10, 11 & 12th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, August 10th, 1984

The show starts with Bob Caudle & Davey Crockett plugging Battle of the Belts tonight at Logan Stadium in Logan, WV, including the now former AWA National Tag Team Champions The Fantastics challenging Bill White & Johnny Weaver for the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship, as well as Bulldog Bob Brown defending the Atlantic Coast TV Championship against "The Ragin' Bull" Manny Fernandez. That brings out Don Kernodle who has a challenge to make:

"Bob Caudle and Davey Crockett, I hear you talking about tonight's Battle of the Belts card in Logan, WV and I see all those titles being defended but I look at the card and I see that there's one title missing; yeah, I'm talking to you, Konga. You're the Florida Heavyweight Champion and I don't like how you and Humperdink disrespected this title by the way you took it from that scumbag Gino Hernandez. So since the titles are supposed to be defended on open contracts tonight, I'm throwing my hat in there and I want to challenge you for your title tonight!"

It doesn't take long for Konga the Barbarian and Sir Oliver Humperdink to come out and Humperdink is pretty expeditive on his answer.

"Kernodle, your brother Rocky was right about you; you're as dumb as a rock. Do you honestly think that you would stand a chance against Konga? Absolutely not. There's a reason why my House is the most feared stable in all of professional wrestling and the championship on Konga's shoulder is proof of that. So keep on dreaming because this isn't happening. Not at Battle of the Belts, not tomorrow, not next week, NEVER. You're not worthy of facing a man like Konga!"

While Humperdink refuses the challenge, this brings out Eddie Graham who has something to say as well.

"You know, Don Kernodle, I've been waiting for a while to get some measure of revenge on Gino Hernandez for everything he's done to me in the past few months, including costing me new talent acquisitions for the territory. But unfortunately for you, that won't be possible because you've got a match with another member of the House of Humperdink, Kevin Sullivan tonight at Battle of the Belts. However, Humperdink don't think for a split second that Konga and you will get away with the questionable way you got your hands on the Florida Heavyweight Championship. So, while you won't be defending this championship tonight in West Virginia, you're gonna do so right here in Tampa, FL in two weeks, on August 24th and it's gonna be against Don Kernodle. And Humperdink, I'm giving you a fair warning. If in any way, shape or form, you or Konga get involved tonight in Don's match against Kevin Sullivan, I will strip you of the Florida Heavyweight Championship on the spot and give it right away to Don Kernodle. I got my eye on you and if you see Gino Hernandez, tell him I got my eye on him as well."

Don Kernodle seems very happy with the turn of events but Humperdink, not so much...

8-Men Elimination Tag Team Match: Dusty Rhodes, The Junkyard Dog, Dory Funk Jr & Billy Travis beat The Soviet Soldiers, The Great Kabuki & Purple Haze in 18:07

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat enhancement talent Indigo Attenberry in 11:57

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Vinnie Valentino in 10:40

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Eddie Gilbert in 8:21

Battle of the Belts

August 10th, 1984

Logan Stadium, Logan, WV

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Don Kernodle in 7:31. After the match, Konga the Barbarian ran in and attacked Kernodle, using the Golden Spike handed to him by Sullivan!

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Reverend Jimmy Valiant in 11:32 with the Top Rope Elbow Drop

-The Missing Link beat John Bonello in 11:08

-King Tonga destroys Scott Casey in 52 seconds with the Tongan Death Grip

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Reverend Cash beat Billy Travis in 5:19 to retain

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Bulldog Bob Brown beat "Ragin' Bull" Manny Fernandez in 15:20 to retain

-Greg Valentine beat Vinnie Valentino in 9:47

AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship: Bill White & Johnny Weaver fight The Fantastics to a 30:00 time limit draw; Bill White & Johnny Weaver retain

August 11th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Gino Hernandez beat Dory Funk Jr

-The Brisco Brothers beat Boomer Lynch & The Missing Link after interference from Gino Hernandez

-Rufus Jones & Tony Atlas beat Vinnie Valentino & Tyson Garey. After the match, Duke Myers & Kerry Brown ran in to attack Tony Atlas with chairs. Don Kent ran in to make the save and challenge Duke Myers to an impromptu match!

-Don Kent beat Duke Myers. After the match, Tony Atlas ran from the back to get revenge on Myers. Eddie Graham comes out and announces that both Myers and Atlas will meet in a Texas Death Match tomorrow night in Orlando!

-The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Jose Luis Rivera

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Mike Davis

-The Soviet Soldiers beat "Ragin' Bull" Manny Fernandez & AWA Atlantic Coast TV Champion Bulldog Bob Brown

-Dusty Rhodes beat Blackjack Lanza

August 12th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Rufus Jones in 9:31

Texas Death Match: Tony Atlas beat Duke Myers in 36:18

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Khruscher Khruschev in 30:04

4 Corners Elimination Match: Kamala the Ugandan Giant beat Blackjack Lanza, Reverend Jimmy Valiant & Don Kernodle

Order of Elimination

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant by Blackjack Lanza

-Don Kernodle by Kamala

-Blackjack Lanza by Kamala

Battle of the Belts has finally arrived and of course it delivers. 

Kernodle wanted Konga but gets Sullivan. Sullivan gets the win and Konga delivers a post match hurting. Kernodle and Konga will be a fight! 

Savage looks great and gets the win over the Reverend Valiant. Couple colorful characters here.

Dang! Tonga made short work of Casey! 

Bulldog gets a hard fought win over Manny to retain the TV title.

That Weaver/White-Fantastics match leaves the fans wanting more. 

Action continues on the loop as Tony Atlas and Duke Myers have some heated altercations with Atlas going over in a Texas Death match! 

Like that old school Rhodes/Lanza match.

Kamala comes in and wins a 4 corners match! 

You just never know what's going to happen in Florida. Always a fun read. 

I enjoyed your tv format where you did a great job of hyping up the Barbarian and Kernoodle and then gave the quick results.

Battle of of the Belts really delivered and the people of West Virginia got a nice treat.

House show loop was awesome.  One thing is that I might have put the part with Myers and Atlas on TV to sell more tickets in Orlando because the people in Miami who got the treat of all that wild action probably would not have went up to Orlando the next night.

• 2 weeks later...

Events for Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling, August 17, 18 & 19th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, August 17th, 1984

-In 6-Men Tag action, The Soviet Soldiers (Khruscher Khruschev, Boris Zhukov & Soviet Soldier #1 - John Bonello under a mask) beat Cameron Day, Charles Gary & Lynn Lindon

-Gino Hernandez was also interviewed by Bob Caudle & David Crockett about his recent actions, including targeting Miss Elizabeth

"When you're as wealthy as I am, you can do anything you want and whatever you want. While this may sadden Eddie Graham to his core, he knows it's the truth. The fact is that I could get the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship tomorrow if I wanted to but I have better priorities. Graham can accuse me of costing him signing top talents all he wants but if he was that good of a promoter, he would've signed guys like Brad Armstrong, regardless of my presence or not. But now, let's talk about the lovely Elizabeth, shall we? And baby, I know that you're listening. Forget about Macho Madness, darling, once you'll get a piece of Gorgeous Gino, you'll dump that orangutan like a bad habit. I can treat you with all the beautiful things in the world, I can treat you like a queen...not like you're a piece of property that I own. So, long story short, Elizabeth is a priority over the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship. And once she sees what life can be with me, everything else will fall into place. Liz, you can take your time...Everyone knows that I'm a very patient man. I know you'll make it worth my wait..."

-In the feature bout, Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White & Johnny Weaver beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" & Dory Funk Jr in a non-title match at 20:25 when Funk taps out to the Weaver Lock from Johnny Weaver.

August 17th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory, Tampa, FL

-Johnny Mantell beat Don Kent

-Don Kernodle beat Jose Luis Rivera

-The Junkyard Dog beat Tommy Lane (w/Mike Davis)

-Duke Myers beat Boris Zhukov

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Hiro Saito after interference from Kevin Sullivan in a bloody brawl that saw Saito being as sadistic as Abby!

-Eddie Gilbert & Khruscher Khruschev beat The House of Humperdink (The Purple Haze & The Great Kabuki) after a botched interference from Sir Oliver Humperdink, who was the recipient of Kabuki's Green Mist!

-Buzz Tyler beat Soviet Soldier #1 (John Bonello under a mask)

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat Mike Graham

AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship: Bill White & Johnny Weaver beat Bulldog Bob Brown & Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) to retain

August 18th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-The Brisco Brothers beat The House of Humperdink (Purple Haze & Great Kabuki) by DQ after Kabuki spit the Green Mist in Jack Brisco's face

-The Church of Boogie Woogie beat King Tonga & The Mysterious Monk after Valiant pinned the Monk with a small package. After the match, The Monk KOed Valiant with the book he was carrying to the ring.

-Ivan Koloff & Kevin Kelly fought Stampede Rush (Kerry Brown & Duke Myers) to a double countout

August 19th, 1984

Arlington, VA

-Greg Valentine beat Hiro Saito in 7:27

-The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" in 7:09

-Eddie Gilbert  & Tommy Lane beat The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) in 8:21 after Gilbert pinned Sullivan with the Hotshot

-Mike Davis beat Rufus Jones in 12:18

-Bulldog Bob Brown & Mike Graham beat Kelly Kiniski & Nik Nichols in 9:03

-King Tonga beat Johnny Mantell in 21:31

-Dory Funk Jr beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 13:16

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Reverend Cash beat "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes in 31:16 when The Mysterious Monk showed up and piledrove Dusty Rhodes through a table while the referee was KOed. Reverend Cash was as shocked as everyone as to who is the  Monk and why he is doing what he's doing?

WHOA! Gino might be the craziest man in the AWA after that promo. He's going to unleash the madness of the Macho Man. These two are heading for a bloody encounter.

The Mysterious Monk is causing quite the stir. He gave the American Dream a brutal beating but I'm sure Rhodes will come back stronger than ever with revenge on his mind. 

Weaver and White continue their successful tag title reign. 

Valentine gets a good win over Saito. I'm hoping the Hammer moves back up in the main event picture. 

Church of Boogie Woogie is still going strong. One of the most creative ideas in the game LOL. 

Events for August 24, 25 & 26th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, August 24th, 1984

-Before the show starts, Bob Caudle & David Crockett announce that Hulk Hogan is in town this Sunday night in Miami and will join The Junkyard Dog in tag team action!

-Johnny Mantell beat Steve Diblasio in 11:03

8-Men Elimination Tag: The Junkyard Dog, The Church of Boogie Woogie & Jose Luis Rivera make a clean sweep out of Ryder Solomon, Shad Pottinger, Cecil Derby & Sherwood Wayne

-In the feature bout, Eddie Gilbert & Don Kent score a huge victory over the Soviet Soldiers in 13:14 but postmatch, Khruschev & Zhukov destroy Don Kent!

August 24th, 1984,

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Kerry Brown beat Bulldog Bob Brown to capture the TV title for a 2nd time! - TITLE CHANGE!

AWA Showcase: Charlie Fulton beat Billy Robinson

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Reverend Cash beat Vinnie Valentino to retain

-The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat King Tonga

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle beat Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) with a small package to win the title! - TITLE CHANGE!

-Lord Humongous makes quick work of Buzz Tyler

-Greg Valentine beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver with the Figure Four Leglock

August 25th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Gino Hernandez beat Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) by DQ after Gino faked to have been hit by Sullivan's Golden Spike!

-Kevin Kelly beat Bulldog Bob Brown

-Bob Caudle announces to the live crowd that the Soviet Soldiers were scheduled to be in tag team action tonight but due to their actions on TV this week, they have been barred from the building by Eddie Graham

-Don Kent beat Billy Travis

-The Brisco Brothers beat Buzz Tyler & Mike Graham by countout

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Rocky Kernodle beat Reverend Cash (w/The Mysterious Monk) by interference to win the title after The Mysterious Monk turned his back on Reverend Cash! This allowed Boomer Lynch, Khruscher Khruschev & Boris Zhukov to come through the crowd and also attack Cash! Khruschev & Zhukov tied Reverend Cash in the ropes and The Mysterious Monk proceeded to use a baseball bat and break Cash's arm with it! Thankfully for Cash, Hulk Hogan & The Junkyard Dog ran in to make the save. Hogan took the mic and challenged The Mysterious Monk and Boomer Lynch to a match in the main event!

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Kerry Brown beat John Bonello to retain

-Hulk Hogan & Junkyard Dog beat Boomer Lynch & The Mysterious Monk after Hogan pinned Lynch following the Axe Bomber. Postmatch, Hogan & JYD tried to unmask The Mysterious Monk but he was able to get away!!

August 26th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Jack Brisco beat Vinnie Valentino in 11:03 with the Oklahoma Roll

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat Jose Luis Rivera in 21:14

2 out of 3 Falls: Billy Travis beat The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) 2 falls to 1 at the 22:05 mark

You had me hooked from the second I heard JYD and Hogan would be together.  I really thought the mask of the Monk was coming off!

Would love to have seen Gino and Sullivan... two of the best ever at putting the crowd in the palm of their hands whether by being good or pure evil... mostly evil!

Like the way you keep the titles moving between some of the mid-carders as it makes the fans always think that anything is possible.

Thanks for always showcasing the entire AWA

Big title changes as Kerry Brown wins the TV title and the Kernodles each win a title! Good to see these guys getting a good push.

LOL, only Gino could win a ,match over Sullivan like that.

Valentine is picking up steam again.

The mysterious Monk is causing havoc! He breaks Cash's arm but none other than Hulk Hogan issues a challenge! 

Hogan and JYD is money! I thought the mask was coming off. I think its only a matter of time. 

ATLANTIC COAST CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TV

AUGUST 31ST, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

(Before the opening credits, we see footage of the August 25th show in Miami in which Rocky Kernodle captured the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship from Reverend Cash after The Mysterious Monk turned his back on Reverend Cash, who he was seconding during the match. Footage also show Hulk Hogan and The Junkyard Dog coming to the aid of Cash and challenging the Monk & Boomer Lynch to a match later in the show. As the credits roll, we then go to Bob Caudle and David Crockett at their broadcast booth.)

Bob Caudle: Greetings everyone and welcome to this week’s edition of Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV. You just saw the footage of this heinous attack perpetrated by that Mysterious Monk, who after helping Reverend Cash retaining his championship the week prior against Dusty Rhodes, stabbed him in the back and with the help of the likes of Boomer Lynch, Khruscher Khruschev and Boris Zhukov, they broke Reverend Cash’s arm. And as a result, the former Porkchop Cash is now out of the territory.

David Crockett: Yeah, Bob, I spoke to Reverend Jimmy Valiant earlier this week and he told me that he had been ambushed by that Mysterious Monk moments before the match and he couldn’t join Cash at ringside. Valiant also admitted to me that he never trusted that Monk and he never saw his face once among the entourage at the Church of Boogie Woogie and he hopes to have the opportunity to avenge his fallen friend. He also assured me that the Church of Boogie Woogie would still be going without Cash because this is what Cash would probably want at the moment.

Bob Caudle: And as you also saw, thank goodness for Hulk Hogan and The Junkyard Dog, who were able to stop the carnage and chase the assailants of the ring. And while Hogan and JYD were victorious against Boomer Lynch and The Mysterious Monk, they were unable to unmask that man. And this week for our main event, the Junkyard Dog has requested to face The Mysterious Monk and he wanted it inside a steel cage to make sure that he wouldn’t get away. And knowing Eddie Graham, he wouldn’t pass on this opportunity so he accepted JYD’s demand and this will be our feature bout.

David Crockett: Bob, I don’t think there’s a chance for the Monk to leave the Sportatorium unscathed. This time, he’s gonna get it. I believe we’ll see who that man is tonight.

Bob Caudle: But first and foremost, another man who’s been wreaking havoc recently is Gorgeous Gino Hernandez, the self-proclaimed “puppeteer” of ACCW and we’ve heard him a few weeks ago talking about his desire to have the services of Miss Elizabeth and you know this raised the ire of Randy Savage. So with that in mind, I’d like to welcome Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth to the studio.

(Big crowd pop as Randy Savage makes his way with Miss Elizabeth as Liz stands now a bit behind Savage.)

Bob Caudle: Alright, Randy, 2 weeks ago, Gino Hernandez couldn’t have been clearer. He wants Miss Elizabeth and this has to drive you nuts.

Randy Savage: Oh, nuts isn’t the right word, Bob Caudle. Gino Hernandez thinks he controls everything, yeaaaaah. He thinks he’s got everything figured out but I got some news for you, Gino. YOU CAN’T CONTROL THE MADNESS, YEAAAAAAAH! It is one thing to come after the Macho Man, but when it comes down to Elizabeth, YOU JUST CROSSED THE LINE! So you can say all the things you want but the bottom line is this, Gino; when I’ll get my hands on you, the last thing you’ll have on your mind is Elizabeth BECAUSE I’M GONNA RIP YOUR HEAD OFF! UH-HUH! You won’t be able to avoid the Macho Man forever and time is gonna come for you to pay the piper! DIG IT?

Bob Caudle: And while you won’t be able to get your hands on Gino Hernandez this weekend, you’ll be able to do so with his 2 favorite acolytes, The Brisco Brothers because Monday night in Aulander, NC, you will team up with somebody who wants Gino Hernandez as bad as you do as you and Greg Valentine will take on the Brisco Brothers in a big tag team main event.

Randy Savage: I’m not particularly concerned about teaming with Greg Valentine but one thing we can share is that we both hate Gino Hernandez’s guts. And if he has problems with the Briscos, then I got a problem with the Briscos, YEAH! And since the Briscos are friends with Gino Hernandez, THAT MAKES THEM PUBLIC ENEMY #1 FOR THE MACHO MAN! But the best part about this is I know that Gino will probably show his face and if he does, I’M GONNA SMACK HIM AROUND, YEAH! But I might feel generous and leave just a tiny bit for Greg Valentine, yeaaaaah. But Monday night, The Brisco Brothers are going down! DIG IT! ELIZABETH, LET’S GO!

(Savage and Liz leave to the back.)

David Crockett: Bob, if I’m Gino Hernandez, I’m seriously considering staying away from Randy Savage and Greg Valentine this Monday night because he might not make it in one piece.

Bob Caudle: Probably and we will hear from Greg Valentine in just a few moments. But we’re ready for action so let’s get to it.

Match #1

Eddie Gilbert beat King Tonga in 11:08 with a school boy.

Bob Caudle: .....solid performance from Eddie Gilbert, picking a big win over a game King Tonga in this first bout. I mentioned that we would hear from Greg Valentine and we will show you footage from Valentine’s comments after leaving the office of Eddie Graham a few days ago.

(Cut to Greg Valentine exiting the Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling office as the cameraman looks to get some comments from him.)

Greg Valentine: This meeting with Eddie Graham has been a long time coming. There were a lot of things that needed to be said. A lot of air that had to be cleared. That doesn’t mean that I now like Eddie Graham, but I clearly understand the whole picture now and how much of a mess it has become. I could’ve been standing here the first Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion and a man named Gino Hernandez is the reason why it didn’t happen and it got to be Jack Brisco. So I found myself with a question to ask myself: is it better to get revenge on Gino right away or should I go for the Briscos first. And Eddie Graham thought the exact same thing I did and we figured out that the best way to get to Gino was to get to his acolytes first. So I’m gonna drive to North Carolina this Monday in the middle of nowhere but I’m gonna have a chance to get my hands on the Briscos. But Eddie Graham didn’t want me to do this on my own so he decided to get me Randy Savage as my tag team partner. Now, Savage wants a piece of Gino as well but for different reasons and different motivations. That’s fine by me because in the end, we both want to get our hands on Gino Hernandez. But I warn you, Savage: I won’t step over your toes unless you step over mine. You do your thing and I’ll do mine. All I’m focused about is breaking Jack Brisco’s neck if I have the chance. Monday night, in Carolina, whether it’s me or Savage, the Brisco Brothers are dead men.

(Cut back to the studio with Bob Caudle & David Crockett)

Bob Caudle: Greg Valentine isn’t playing around here, David. He probably didn’t want this to happen this way but that’s the rules that Eddie Graham laid out for him.

David Crockett: At this stage, Greg Valentine only want to get his hands on the Briscos, in any way, shape or form so if he has to do it in a tag match with Randy Savage, I don’t think it is that much of an issue for him. Only thing he wants to right the wrong the Briscos inflicted to him earlier this year when they schemed to remove him out of the title picture. It’s not Gino Hernanez but this will do for Valentine.

Bob Caudle: This should be a very exciting match in Aulander, NC this Monday but we’re ready for more action so let’s get to it.

Match #2

The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Kenrick Tirrell in 9:56 with the sleeper hold.

(After the match, Sir Oliver Humperdink head to the broadcast booth for a quick interview.)

David Crockett: Alright, Sir Oliver Humperdink, another impressive win for one of your protégés and things seem to have calmed down a bit in the House of Humperdink and this Sunday night, both the Purple Haze & The Great Kabuki have a chance to get right back on track and make some moves in the tag team division as they’ll take on the Rock N’ Roll RPMs!

Sir Oliver Humperdink: Back on track? We never were sidetracked in the first place, David Crockett. In my House, there are very competitive athletes; lots of intensity. Of course, sometimes this will bring a bit of tension but nothing that we can’t work out. Because from the beginning, when you enter the House of Humperdink, you leave your ego at the door and you work for the greater good of the House. We made the solemn vow to shape this territory to our image and everyone understands that. The only one who didn’t was The Missing Link. And tonight, right here in Tampa, we’re gonna settle this once and for all as I will unleash the Butcher himself on Link. The Madman from Sudan is thirsty for blood, Link. YOUR BLOOD! And I don’t quite know if I’m gonna be able to hold him back for long, even before the end of this show so The Missing Link better watch his back!

(Humperdink returns to the back with Purple Haze, who doesn’t say a word.)

David Crockett: Some ominous words from Sir Oliver Humperdink and The Missing Link is next in action!

Bob Caudle: Perhaps Humperdink is right but Link’s opponent, Mike Davis, should do the same, considering that the RPMs have that date with the House of Humperdink on Sunday night! Who knows what might happen next!

Match #3

The Missing Link beat Mike Davis in 14:06 with the Figure Four Leglock. After the match, the House of Humperdink returned, this time with Abdullah the Butcher, The Great Kabuki, Purple Haze & Humperdink. They surrounded the ring but Tommy Lane came to join Davis & The Missing Link to even things out.

(While the cage is being set up for the main event, Bob Caudle & David Crockett hype the guest wrestlers appearing in the territory this weekend and next weekend:

-Fabulous Freebird Buddy Roberts (vs Boomer Lynch on September 1)

-The Stud Stable (Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden) on September 7 (vs David Sammartino & Khruscher Khruschev)

-David Sammartino (w/Khruscher Khruschev vs The Stud Stable on September 7, Submission Match vs Billy Travis on September 9)

-Tojo Yamamoto (vs Boris Zhukov on September 8, vs Johnny Mantell on September 9)

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

STEEL CAGE MATCH

The Mysterious Monk beat The Junkyard Dog in 11:27 after slipping a foreign object into his mask and using it to headbutt JYD to knock him out cold. Monk took too much time celebrating afterwards and realized he couldn’t escape as the cage was still locked. Monk tried to escape by climbing the cage and JYD finally caught him and was able to unmask him.....but to no avail as the Monk had a 2nd mask on to conceal his identity! Will we ever find out who is The Mysterious Monk?

August 31st, 1984

-Kevin Kelly beat Billy Travis

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant & AWA Florida Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle fight The Mysterious Monk & Jerry Brisco to a double DQ. Once again, the Monk is able to avoid the unmasking after the match!

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat Bulldog Bob Brown to retain

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat The Missing Link

September 1st, 1984

Miami, FL

-Buddy Roberts beat Boomer Lynch

-The House of Humperdink (The Purple Haze & The Great Kabuki) beat The Rock N' Roll RPMs by DQ after Mike Davis was caught using Sir Oliver Humperdink's cane on Purple Haze

-Jose Luis Rivera & Bulldog Bob Brown squash John Bonello & Marvin Power

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship: Don Kernodle fight Duke Myers to a 15-minute time limit draw; Don Kernodle retains the Florida title

-"Avalanche" Buzz Tyler beat Kevin Kelly

-Billy Travis (subbing for Khruscher Khruschev) & Boris Zhukov squash Malachi Eliott & Sequoia Durant

-Jack Brisco beat Dusty Rhodes after a distraction from The Mysterious Monk! Postmatch, Greg Valentine ran in to attack the Monk but the Monk got away through the crowd!

September 2nd, 1984

Aulander Elementary School Gym, Aulander, NC

Falls Count Anywhere: Duke Myers beat Vinnie Valentino in 3:57

-Khruscher Khruschev  beat Jose Luis Rivera by countout in 15:16

-Mike Davis beat Dusty Rhodes after interference from The Mysterious Monk, using a rag of ether to neutralize Dusty. Davis was as shocked as anyone else to score the victory and once again, the Monk got away!

Contender's Crown: "Downtown" Denny Brown beat Kerry Brown by DQ after Brown shoved referee Bill Alfonso on the mat! Denny Brown officially now has a title match of his choosing!

-The Missing Link destroys Scott Casey in 57 seconds

-The Junkyard Dog beat John Bonello in 11:28 with Thump

Before the main event starts, Eddie Graham announces that to ensure that The Mysterious Monk doesn't get involved, the main event is now a Lumberjack Match!

Lumberjack Match: Randy Savage & Greg Valentine (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat the Brisco Brothers in 7:56 after Jerry Brisco accidentally struck Jack Brisco with brass knuckles!

Oh the webs you are weaving!  Who is the Monk!

And Savage and Valentine after Gino and the Briscos... So many ways this could go!

I hope the Aulander Gym was one of those new mega-high school gyms that could sit a few thousand as that was a great show and I know those main-eventers want to get paid!  Awesome match here!

That was an awesome TV show!

Your Savage interview was excellent! I could hear every word in Savage's voice, inflection changes and all!

The video with Valentine, and all of the announcer build up really made the tag match sound like the most important match in the world.

House of Humperdink stuff was awesome (as usual) and I dig the Link as the crazy who got away.

and just a fantastic job with the mystery of the Monk! You have him involved in enough angles that he could truly be anybody. Is he here with Gino? Is he someone that hates Dusty? The Dog? Valentine? Savage? Valiant?  So many angles, so many possibilities. Fantastic stuff.

OOOOOOHHHHH YEA! Savage gives an awesome promo! And YES! Greg Valentine will team with him against the Briscos! Gino better watch out as he has a crazy Randy Savage and a revenge minded Valentine after him. 

Man, who is the Monk??? He sure is causing a lot of trouble and making a lot of enemies like JYD and Dusty Rhodes.

Gilbert's win over Tonga was huge.

I mentioned this before but having the Kernodle's holding titles is great. Would love to see a brother vs. brother title vs. title match. 

Poor Scott Casey is having a tough time in Florida.

A trip to Florida is exactly what Denny Brown needed and now he gets a title shot. 

Savage and Valentine beat the Briscos! Gino is next! 

• 2 weeks later...

Curious about the Mysterious Monk. There was a wrestler called The Monk around this time in real life, but this clearly is someone far more higher profile, lol....

If only Gino can woo Miss Liz away from the Macho Man. What a great feud this would have been in real life... Seeing Randy talk to Bob Caudle is also just a great vision....

I like the idea that Savage doesn't need to trust Valentine, all he needs to know is that the enemy or his enemy is his friend..... grasshopper

Events for September 7, 8 & 9th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, September 7th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

Matches and highlights:

At the broadcast booth, Bob Caudle & David Crockett interview Johnny Mantell and Scott Casey. Johnny says that he has a lot of respect for Scott Casey and he wants him to be his tag partner going forward. They'll be going forward as The Gunslingers. However, Casey insists that before they take that division by storm, they're contractually obligated to wrestle each other Monday night and he's looking forward to it because by fighting each other, they'll learn how to fight better together.

Also in a pre-match interview, the whole House of Humperdink before an 8-men tag match. Sir Oliver Humperdink particularly bragged about how Reverend Jimmy Valiant is now alone, since Porkchop Cash has left the territory, thanks to Khruschev & Zhukov. Humperdink hype tomorrow night's match between Valiant and Konga and he claims that Konga will burn the rest of the Church of Boogie Woogie. Humperdink also hypes Abdullah's match on Sunday night vs Dory Funk Jr as well as a feature tag match between Abby & Kevin Sullivan and the duo of Gino Hernandez and Jerry Brisco on Monday night.

Dory Funk Jr later answers that he's not afraid of Abdullah the Butcher because he bled buckets to become NWA World Heavyweight Champion and he's not afraid to bleed again. Funk considers himself a lone wolf in Atlantic Coast and isn't intend on changing things. Funk is ready to take on Abby and the whole rest of Humperdink's motley crew by himself if he has to.

For the rest of the promos, a couple of pre-recorded vignettes from the various guests appearing during the weekend loops:

-The Stud Stable of Robert Fuller & Jimmy Golden hyping their match vs David Sammartino & Khruscher Khruschev tonight; Sammartino doing the same shortly afterwards. Sammartino also plugs his Submission match vs Billy Travis on Monday night

-Tojo Yamamoto hyping his match against Boris Zhukov on Sunday night. Yamamoto also says he's gonna closely watch that Gunslingers match on Monday night as well.

-Finally, Tommy Wright hypes his tag match with Eddie Gilbert vs The Soviet Soldiers on Monday night

-The Purple Haze destroys Scott Casey in 1:34, despite Johnny  Mantell cheering Casey on...

-The House of Humperdink (Sullivan/Abdullah/Konga/Kabuki) beat Kevin Kelly, Leland Dodge, Jerrard Beverly & Isadore Waterman when in a bizarre twist, Kevin Kelly knocked one of his partners out cold with a roll of coins, allowing Konga to pin Dodge following a diving headbut.

-In the feature bout, Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Florida Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle in a non-title match.

September 7th, 1984

-Johnny Mantell beat Reverend Jimmy Valiant by DQ in 21:16 after interference from Bulldog Bob Brown. Postmatch, Mantell challenges Brown to a match tomorrow night in Miami!

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Boomer Lynch beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" to win the title in 20:36

-The Stud Stable (Jimmy Golden & Robert Fuller) vs David Sammartino & Khruscher Khruschev ends in a double DQ at 22:36

-The Junkyard Dog beat The Missing Link in 20:41

September 8th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat Johnny Mantell

-Dusty Rhodes & The Junkyard Dog beat The Rock N' Roll RPMs

Champion vs Champion: AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight champion Boomer Lynch beat Florida Heavyweight champion Don Kernodle

-Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) fight Reverend Jimmy Valiant to a double countout

-Abdullah the Butcher beat Dory Funk Jr

-Boris Zhukov beat Tojo Yamamoto

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" fight Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) to a 30-minute time limit draw

September 9th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Johnny Mantell beat Tojo Yamamoto in 18:17. Yamamoto attacked Scott Casey prior to the match and took his place. Casey was still able to stand in the corner of his Gunslinger tag team partner

-The Soviet Soldiers beat Tommy Wright & Eddie Gilbert in 13:26 with the Russian Sickle

-Johnny Weaver beat John Bonello in 17:19

Submission: David Sammartino beat Billy Travis with a bearhug in 19:04

-Mike Graham beat Don Kent in 13:09

Champion vs Champion: Atlantic Coast TV Champion Kerry Brown beat Florida Heavyweight champion Don Kernodle in 1:42

-The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) beat Gino Hernandez & Jerry Brisco after interference from Randy Savage in 22:35 after Savage nailed Gino with a double axhandle while the referee was distracted by Sullivan and Brisco fighting outside the ring. Savage kept yelling "STAY AWAY FROM ELIZABETH" at Gino while retreating backstage....

Enjoyed the Champion vs Champion matches.

The Main Event is Orlando is must see TV.... Gino involved in a match and then attacked by Savage... Over Elizabeth.... THIS IS WHITE HOT AND I NEED MORE!

I will say the Florida fans might be upset with Dusty so low in the card as he was so over in the Sunshine State but it must prove that Dusty is not the booker as he made sure he always was the show.  Gino vs Savage clearly has my vote over the Dream and anyone.

Maybe Casey's luck in Florida will change by teaming with Mantel.

Whoa, has Kevin Kelly aligned with the House? 

Bulldog Brown is making some noise. 

LOL, that dang Boomer Lynch spoiled my brother vs. brother champion vs. champion dream match! 

Rhodes and JYD make for a great superpower team as they beat the RPM's.

Damn, Rocky Kernodle takes Savage to a draw! Moral victory there.

Savage hasn't forgotten about Gino. Their inevitable match will be explosive! 

Fun seeing the Dog and Rhodes together.... 

Boomer Lynch beats Rocky Kernodle, then Savage goes 30 minutes with him? I know it's fantasy and all you have to do is write something down to make it happen, but I'm just having a hard time with that one. I'm not sure if this got the effect you were looking for. I assume you were hoping this would boost Rocky's credibility after losing the belt, but for me it just hurt the Macho Man, who you've been doing a brilliant job with otherwise in the Gino saga..