Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

SirEdger

Love the excitement in Florida.

Rhodes vs Sullivan is one of my favorite feuds of all time.  Was surprised to see Rhodes/Rotundo acting like the "heels" coming out to attack Abby here but the anger in this one just continues to boil over and babyfaces and heels are not as easy to distinguish.  

I know that Florida is a wild and crazy place but I would be careful not to overdo the Steel Cage matches.  They are awesome but they seem to make white hot feuds even hotter but if the fans are used to seeing them for minor feuds. it might not be the biggest draw.

Really like the Contender's Crown!

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV #9

May 11th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

(After the opening credits, we go to Tony Schiavone & Bob Caudle at the broadcast booth to start this week’s show.)

Bob Caudle: From the Sportatorium in Tampa, FL, it’s Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling. I’m Bob Caudle and I’m joined as always by my broadcast colleague Tony Schiavone. Tony, the least we can say is that a few people in ACCW, notably Greg Valentine, are playing with Eddie Graham’s nerves and we have to wonder how much more can Eddie Graham take.

Tony Schiavone: Indeed, some people are worried that this might affect the way Eddie runs business here in the territory and at some point, he will have to get Greg Valentine to step in line. And from what we understand, Valentine was scheduled to compete again, just like last week, in a 6-men tag match with Ricky Steamboat & Paul Orndorff but Valentine didn’t even show up to the Sportatorium. Eddie is scheduled to appear a bit later today to address the situation. In the meantime, we’re told that Ric McCord has volunteered to team with Orndorff & Steamboat later in the show. But in the meantime, we’ll talk with Jack & Jerry, the Brisco Brothers.

(Nice reaction from the Sportatorium faithful as the Briscos make their way to the podium)

Tony Schiavone: Alright, Jack and Jerry, we’ve seen you compete in singles action lately and it will still be the case as Jack will take on Porkchop Cash on May 14th in Miami but you’ll be back in action together the next night in Orlando as you’ll take on another tough brother duo, The Youngbloods.

Jerry Brisco: We definitely have a lot of history together, not so much with Mark Youngblood but Jack, myself and Jay are no strangers to each other. As good as we are as a team, we’re equally as great as singles wrasslers. In fact, if it hadn’t been for Greg Valentine, Jack would still be the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion. And he would still be the Florida Heavyweight Champion as well. We know he’s behind guys like Sweet Brown Sugar & Phil Hickerson showing up and attacking Jack. Same for the Cuban Assassin being the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion as we speak. But I know that my brother will regain that title eventually but the best way we can reassess our dominance in Atlantic Coast is to dismantle every tag team until Eddie Graham grants us that match with Bill White & Johnny Weaver.

Jack Brisco: That’s right, Jerry. Everybody knows here that we’re the benchmark of tag teams in the entire AWA. We can and we will beat every team in front of us. So we’ll start with the Youngbloods in 4 days and we’ll beat everyone else afterwards.

Bob Caudle: Since I have you here, Jack, I think the occasion is fitting for me to ask about the way that you’ve got yourself that slot in the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship match against Paul Orndorff. Some would speculate that someone has been pulling some strings in your favor to make that happen. Can you confirm to us that this was the case?

Jack Brisco: If you’re implying that Eddie Graham and I have conspired to have Greg Valentine removed from the title match against Paul Orndorff, you couldn’t be more wrong…

Bob Caudle: Well, I guess we can put those rumours to rest ---

Jack Brisco:…..but I didn’t say that someone else did.

Tony Schiavone: Wait a minute, so you did conspire with someone to take Valentine’s position?

Jack Brisco; I will not make any further comments on the matter.

Jerry Brisco: Yeah, we’re kinda busy and a bit late behind schedule so we’re gonna leave.

(The Briscos return backstage, leaving Caudle & Schiavone with a puzzled look on their face.)

Bob Caudle: Tony, I think I can speak for the both of us when I say that what we’ve just learned from the Brisco Brothers is pretty serious. Someone did conspire to have Greg Valentine removed from his title shot. But it’s not Eddie Graham!

Tony Schiavone: I don’t know who it is but this will only add to Eddie Graham’s ire as he’s now been wrongfully accused of keeping Valentine out of the title picture. So, perhaps, Eddie will be able to share his thoughts on this later in the show. But first, we’re ready for some in-ring action so let’s get to it!

Match #1

The Missing Link (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Bulldog Bob Brown in 8:54 with a falling headbutt

Bob Caudle:….an impressive showing again from The Missing Link and he’s definitely been able to bounce back with Miss Elizabeth as his valet. But for now, let’s talk to the replacement of The Missing Link in the House of Humperdink, along with Sir Oliver Humperdink, Konga the Barbarian!

(Sir Oliver Humperdink makes his way to the booth, with Konga the Barbarian behind him.)

Bob Caudle: Sir Oliver Humperdink, you took a gamble by removing The Missing Link out of the House of Humperdink and to replace him by this barbarian you call Konga. And so far, it has paid off for both men.

Sir Oliver Humperdink: Let me correct you right here, Bob Caudle. I didn’t take any gamble on this; the gamble pretty much played itself out. The Missing Link became a nuisance to the House of Humperdink because he couldn’t think straight. He was infatuated by that leech of a woman he call his valet and it was becoming a problem for me and my House. So, nature took care of things and Link is out of the House of Humperdink. And we’re stronger than ever for this. The House of Humperdink is more dangerous than ever with Konga in its ranks, rather than with The Missing Link

Bob Caudle: And now, the big question is when do you expect to take care of The Missing Link once and for all because we’ve been hearing through the grapevines that you believe that there’s no place in pro wrestling for 2 sadistic men like Konga and the Link.

Sir Oliver Humperdink: You’re gonna have to be patient, Mr. Caudle. Do you honestly believe that I’m gonna give you my strategy? I’ll be biding my time and Konga and I will be striking when we’ll be ready. You can rest assured that once that happens, The Missing Link will literally be missing from this territory because Konga will make sure that he never shows his face in Atlantic Coast ever again. And he’s gonna bring that tramp with him as well!

(Konga leaves with Humperdink as Tony Schiavone joins Bob Caudle back to the booth.)

Bob Caudle: So, no regrets from Sir Oliver Humperdink about throwing the Missing Link out of the House of Humperdink and replacing him with Konga the Barbarian. However, I think it could prove to be more difficult than he thinks to get rid of The Missing Link.

Tony Schiavone: Let’s not take anything away from Link’s manager, Miss Elizabeth. She might be petite in stature but she’s highly intelligent. She can definitely lead The Missing Link to his highest potential here in Atlantic Coast and we know that he’ll have to go through Konga to do so so we’ll see how this plays out. We hope to hear from Eddie Graham when we come back!

***commercial break***

(Back from the break, we see Eddie Graham trying to talk to someone or some people in a parked car outside of the Sportatorium, presumably the Brisco Brothers, but the car speeds off before Eddie Graham can get any answers. Eddie gets back in the Sporatorium angry but the feed seems to be momentarily cut. When the signal comes back on, the only image seen on the screen is of the Soviet Union flag and the Soviet anthem is being played.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

(The normal feed returns and we join a confused Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone to the booth.)

Bob Caudle: Folks, we apologize for what just happened and we’ll try to get to the bottom of this. But now, I think that – yes, Eddie Graham is on his way to the broadcast booth so let’s get a word with him.)

(A rather agitated Eddie Graham makes his way to the booth to join Caudle & Schiavone.)

Bob Caudle: Alright, Eddie, I know that you’re not in the best moods, after what we learned earlier in the show but have you been able to speak to the Brisco Brothers about what they told us?

Eddie Graham: I tried my damndest but I couldn’t get anything out of them and I hope to get to the bottom of this as much as you all do. On one hand, I’m happy that the Briscos proved I wasn’t behind Greg Valentine’s allegations. But on the other hand, someone else is playing with me and I don’t like it. For instance, for Monday’s show in Tampa, I was scheduled to have Brad Armstrong come in to wrestle Abdullah the Butcher as a feature attraction. But I got a telegram a few days ago from Brad telling me that he had other commitments and “someone made sure that he didn’t come here.” Now, I also know that he has a big Loser Leaves Town at the Omni against Arn Anderson tomorrow and Dusty Rhodes is on the same card so I’ll try to get Dusty to talk to Brad to see what this is all about. I know the Armstrongs, they’re an upstanding family, they’re a beacon of integrity in this business but I’m sick and tired of that someone playing with me at the moment.

Tony Schiavone: Now, in something a little bit unrelated, another thorn to your side recently has been the House of Humperdink and we’ve seen the likes of Kevin Sullivan using that Golden Spike on many opponents lately, causing several injuries and something needs to be done about that.

Eddie Graham: Indeed, it has to be. Kevin Sullivan, I’m not gonna beat around the bush. You’re a madman, pure and simple. This territory isn’t a horror movie or a circus sideshow, it is a pro wrestling promotion and I want to make sure it stays that way. So, get your butt out here so we can settle this, once and for all.

(Kevin Sullivan makes his way out along with Fallen Angel and stands face to face with Eddie Graham.)

Kevin Sullivan: What’s the maaaatter, Eddie? You don’t like when someone doesn’t play by your rules? This isn’t a tyranny, Eddie. This is how it’s supposed to work in the world. We are the only ones in charge of our destiny and we make our own rules and abide by them. You created your own rules and you do abide by them, aren’t you? But your rules don’t apply to our reality. Ya see, Eddie, the Golden Spike is more than a weapon. It enlightens you. It shows you the way. It shows you the path. It gives you more power than you could’ve imagined in your own life. The Golden Spike is the way, Ehhhhhhhhhhdie.

Eddie Graham: I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about since you wanna be a lunatic and I’m in a crappy mood, I’m gonna give you the occasion of saving your job. Tuesday night in Miami, I’m booking you against Greg Valentine and I don’t care what happens in that match. If Valentine doesn’t end up laying on the mat, you and your merry band of misfits can kiss your jobs goodbye. And if I see you use that Golden Spike in that match, you’re gonna get fired on the spot. I run a wrestling show around here, I’m not in the business of crippling people. Sullivan, you better not get on my last nerve because you won’t like it.

Kevin Sullivan: You can threaten me all you want, Ehhhhhhhhhdie, but you know I speak the truth. The Golden Spike is the way, Ehhhhhdie. Be careful what you wish for because you might get it. If I’m being honest, I’m gonna do it not because you told me to but because I feel like giving you and everyone in Atlantic Coast a taste of what’s to come around here. I kinda like Valentine and if I don’t mind beating the crap out of someone I like, imagine what I could do to someone I don’t like. Someone like….ya son Mike. Or…….you, Ehhhhhhhdie.

(Before things get physical, Sullivan retreats with a maniacal laugh as Fallen Angel only returns a smirk to Eddie Graham and Eddie’s face says it all.)

Tony Schiavone: Do you realize, Bob, that Eddie Graham was willing to make a deal with the devil just to get even with Greg Valentine? That’s how bad Eddie wants to get at Valentine.

Bob Caudle: Honestly, I think that Eddie Graham should reconsider his line of action because this cannot end well. He has a territory to run and he cannot in good conscience let his emotions affect the rest of his judgment. There’s too much at stake here and I think that as long as he doesn’t have the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight title back in the fold, things will get crazier around here. Not only that but all the singles titles. All of them aren’t held by current ACCW roster members right now.

Tony Schiavone: We’ll go to another commercial break and we’ll speak to Dusty Rhodes & Don Kernodle when we come back.

***commercial break***

Bob Caudle: We’re back on Atlantic Coast TV and let’s please welcome Dusty Rhodes and Don Kernodle.

(Huge crowd roar in the Sportatorium as Dusty Rhodes and Don Kernodle make their way to the booth.)

Bob Caudle: Alright, Dusty. First and foremost, tomorrow, you got a date at the Omni. You’re teaming up with Tommy Rich to take on old enemies in Ole Anderson & Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer.

Dusty Rhodes: Well, Bob Cawdle, you’re certainly right that I got a date at the Omni tomorrow night but we’re gonna do a lil’ wee bit different of dancin’ in Atlanta as myself and Tommy Rich are gonna go toe-to-toe with Ole Anderson and Buzz Sawyer. Ole Anderson, our hatred for one anutha goes waaaaay back. You’ve taken every conceivable shortcut to end my career and make sure that the American Dream would be no more. But I promised Tommy Rich that I’d be standin’ side-by-side with him and to give you and Buzz Sawyer the beatin’ you’ve deserved for so, so, so long. And tomorrow night, I can guarantee you that you’re gonna get it. But this is for another day and time. The reason I’m here with Don Kernodle is because just like for Tommy Rich tomorrow, I’m here to support a friend. A friend who’s seen his own flesh and blood turn his back on him. Today, I’m here for Don Kernodle because he wants to settle a score with Rocky Kernodle.

Don Kernodle: That’s right, Dusty. A couple of months ago, on this very stage, in that very building, my brother Rocky turned his back on me and for what? To be Greg Valentine’s personal lackey? Where did that get you, Rocky? What could you accomplish more with him that we could’ve done together? You’ve been avoiding me for way too long and we need to settle this. So I came here today, with Dusty, in hopes that you’ll accept my challenge of a match. We don’t even have to make it a one-on-one match. We can make it a tag match if you don’t want to be around me that bad. But you even refuse that. By doing so, you didn’t show anyone that you were “The Best Kernodle” as you called yourself. You’re “The Most Scared Kernodle”…”The Biggest Coward Kernodle”…And I could go on and on but I can assure you that we’re gonna get in the ring soon and once we do, I’ll ---

(Kernodle is interrupted by a shot of Green Mist in the face! The camera pans to see The Great Kabuki & Purple Haze! Haze rams Dusty Rhodes’ face on the ringpost as Kabuki puts the boots to Don Kernodle. As Rhodes is temporarily incapacitated, Kabuki hits Kernodle with a solid thrust to his throat! Kernodle goes down hard, clutching his jaw as a slew of referees make their way to the booth to have Kabuki & Haze retreat. Sir Oliver Humperdink finally appears and orders his troops to the back as Dusty crawls to Kernodle to check on him. Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone order to go to a commercial break.)

***commercial break***

(We see VTR footage of Boomer Lynch pulling up in the parking lot of a motel. Boomer gets out of the car and gets into the motel. Boomer goes to the desk and starts talking with the clerk.)

Boomer Lynch: Hey, still have a vacancy here?

Clerk: Yeah, sure, to what name?

Boomer Lynch: Rufus R. Jones.

Clerk: Here’s your key, Mr. Jones. Have a nice stay.

Boomer Lynch: Thank you.

(Boomer Lynch grabs his key and heads to the room assigned to Rufus Jones. What could this be about?)

MAIN EVENT

Match #2

Ric McCord, Paul Orndorff & Ricky Steamboat beat Ashley Franklin, Chad Headley & Ashton Wayne after Orndorff pinned Headley with the piledriver

Bob Caudle & Tony Schiavone previews next week’s show:

-Konga the Barbarian vs Angelo Mosca Jr

-Don Kent vs Rufus Jones

-In the feature bout, Dusty Rhodes vs Rocky Kernodle

-An update on Don Kernodle and an interview with the Brisco Brothers

May 13th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory, Tampa, FL

-"Avalanche" Buzz Tyler beat Kendall Windham by DQ after reverse decision. Originally, Windham had won the match after using the Contender's Crown that Tyler had brought in the ring but the decision was reversed where another referee told the official assigned to the opener that Kendall had used the Crown to hit Tyler.

-The debuting Gino Hernandez beat Angelo Mosca Jr

Falls Count Anywhere: John Bonello beat Ric McCord

-"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink)

-Wahoo McDaniel & The Missing Link (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Mike Graham & Mark Youngblood. After the match, Konga the Barbarian & Sir Oliver Humperdink ran in to attack Link. Humperdink threw a fireball at Link but hit Elizabeth instead!!! Chaos ensues as Wahoo, Mike Graham & Mark Youngblood come back to chase Konga & Humperdink as paramedics check on Miss Elizabeth!

-The debuting "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle"

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Jay Youngblood (subbing for Brad Armstrong, see Atlantic Coast TV #9)

-Hercules Ayala fight Vinnie Valentino to a double DQ

Steel Cage: Greg Valentine beat Dory Funk Jr. The cage was requested by Greg Valentine "for his protection against Eddie Graham".

May 14th, 1984

Miami, FL

15-Men Battle Royal: Mike Davis wins the battle royal, last eliminating Rocky "The Best Kernodle"

-The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Steve Diblasio

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: The Cuban Assassin (w/Greg Valentine) beat the debuting Tommy Lane to retain

-Mike Davis beat Don Kent

-Jack Brisco beat Porkchop Cash

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel) beat Greg Valentine after using the Golden Spike on him. Eddie Graham saw the whole thing but ordered the referee not to DQ Sullivan!!!

May 15th, 1984

Orlando, FL

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship: Phil Hickerson beat Bob Dellaserra after interference from Greg Valentine to retain

-Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Ricky Steamboat by DQ after Steamboat used a chair on Haze, brought in by Humperdink!

-The Missing Link beat Tommy Wright

-The Brisco Brothers beat The Youngblood Brothers

-Sgt. Slaughter beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle"

Falls Count Anywhere: "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly & Porkchop Cash beat Ric McCord & Don Kent after interference from "Maniac'" Mike Davis!

-Gino Hernandez beat Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) after Abdullah lost his balance while climbing on the 2nd rope and fell, allowing Gino to make the cover!!!

-Greg Valentine came out and threw an open challenge to a No DQ Street Fight against any 2 members of the roster who wanted to do Eddie Graham's bidding. Dusty Rhodes & Paul Orndorff came out and obliged! As Rhodes & Orndorff made their way to the ring....Dory Funk Jr attacked Paul Orndorff with the branding iron!  Valentine then introduces his newest associate and tag team partner for the night: Dory Funk Jr!

No DQ Street Fight: Greg Valentine & Dory Funk Jr beat Dusty Rhodes & Paul Orndorff after Valentine KOed Dusty using Dory's branding iron!

The mystery surrounding who is really pulling the strings in Atlantic Coast deepens! Good stuff, I am intrigued.

Gino comes in and picks up two nice wins right off the bat.

Link/Konga is going to be one hell of a war, and I have to think Link is gonna go batshit after the fireball incident.

Davis and Lane in the same company? Could there be some Rock and Roll in the future?

The Graham/Valentine saga continues. This has been full of intrigue and I cant wait until the mystery is solved. 

House of Humperdink goes from one maniac to another. Konga and Link will be a war. 

I wonder what Boomer Lynch is up to?

Dusty and Kernodle take a beating from Kabuki and Haze! 

Things in Florida are at an all time level of chaos. I love it! 

On the loop, Sullivan beats Valentine with the Spike and Graham doesn't DQ him! More intrigue. 

Valentine comes back the next night and enlists Dory. Him and Dory take out Orndorff and Rhodes. 

Mike Davis gets some shine winning that battle royal. 

Oh man Elizabeth takes a fireball! Link will be on a revenge rampage! 

Super excited to see what happens with Gino Hernandez in the game and amidst the craziness that is Florida wrestling!

Holy crap! Ms. Elizabeth gets burned....the Link is going to be looking for revenge

looking forward to the development of "Mr. Magnificent"....hopefully Kevin Kelly will have a better future in our world than playing a 'convict'

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV #10

May 18th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

(After the opening credits, we join Tony Schiavone & Bob Caudle in studio to start the show.)

Bob Caudle: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV. Lots of turmoil last week involving Eddie Graham and Greg Valentine and clearly, nothing has really been resolved, Tony, because it seems like someone is pulling the strings behind the scenes to drive Eddie Graham nuts.

Tony Schiavone: Indeed, Bob, Eddie told us last week that someone was able to maneuver behind the scenes to convince Brad Armstrong not to come into our territory and as a result, he’s headed for Southeastern Championship Wrestling instead. I know for a fact that Eddie was counting on Brad to become one of the top draws in the territory but he will now have to turn to somebody else, which I’m told will officially make his debut over the weekend here. But we certainly will not be short of action this week as our feature bout will pit Dusty Rhodes against Rocky “The Best Kernodle”. And after what went down last week on this program with The Great Kabuki & Purple Haze attacking Don Kernodle, we can only assume that maybe Rocky had something to do with it.

Bob Caudle: And we will also hear from Don Kernodle after our opening contest as we’ll get an update on his condition. And we’re also scheduled to hear from The Brisco Brothers, who might shed light on what we were told last week by Eddie Graham. But for now, we’re ready for action!

Match #1

Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Angelo Mosca) beat Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 11:04 by reverse decision. Originally, Konga had won the match after he used Sir Oliver Humperdink’s cane on Mosca Jr but newcomer Kevin Kelly rushed the ring and told the referee what happened with Konga and Mosca, bringing along another referee to explain the situation. Once that was made clear, the referee reversed the decision and awarded the match to Mosca Jr. Konga went after Mosca Jr but he barely had time to do anything as The Missing Link, still irate at Miss Elizabeth being the recipient of a fireball over the last week, chased off Konga & Humperdink!

***commercial break***

(Back from the break, we see footage from last week’s assault from Kabuki & Purple Haze on Don Kernodle. Back to the studio, Tony Schiavone is standing by in front of the booth.)

Tony Schiavone: Alright ladies and gentlemen, please welcome my guest at this time, Don Kernodle, along with Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat!

(Don Kernodle comes out with Dusty Rhodes, in his wrestling gear, and Ricky Steamboat in street clothes to join Tony Schiavone at the booth.)

Tony Schiavone: OK, Don, obviously, we saw again the footage from last week when you – and Dusty – were brutally attacked by the House of Humperdink and while no one could confirm who’s behind it, many of us presume that your brother Rocky might have something to do with this.

Don Kernodle: He might or he might not and quite frankly, I don’t care. Even the notion that he might have thought about pulling this stunt makes me sick to my stomach. I can’t even believe that my own flesh and blood would even do something like that to me. But it is what it is. Greg Valentine got to him and for some reason, Valentine wants to make everyone miserable in Atlantic Coast and he was able to convince my brother to be as miserable as he is. Now, I don’t know when and I don’t know how but Rocky, there’s gonna be a time where there’ll be no place for you to run and nowhere to hide. And one day, we’re gonna have to settle this. And there’s not gonna be any way that mom or dad will be able to save your ass from the ass whoopin’ you’ll get because trust me, you’re gonna get a good one!

Tony Schiavone: Well, this week, it won’t be Don Kernodle doing the butt kicking but you Dusty, in the main event. And I’m sure that you take this as seriously as anything else in your career.

Dusty Rhodes: Well, Tonay, you’ve known me long enough to know that what matters to my friends also matters to me. Just as much as Don Kernodle was sick to his stomach about Kabuki & Purple Haze attackin’ him last week, I was as well. Because I was there. They jumped the Amahrican Dream too, daddeh. And I ain’t gonna take this lyin’ down. There is a lot of turmoil in Atlantic Coast Championship Wrasslin’ right now and I don’t know who’s behind this nor do I know why. But if I can do sumthin’ to avoid more damage and more cheapshots, this is sumthin’ that I’ll be more than happy to do and more than once. In a couple of minutes, Rocky Kernodle, you ain’t gotta deal with your brotha Don. You gonna have to deal with the Amahrican Dream, daddeh. There’s gonna be a reckonin’ , if you wheeeeeel. And I will promise you this. You’ll think twice before pulling that kind of stunt ever again. And if I were you, Greg Valentine, I’ll check this match out very closely because this is gonna be your future too.

(The trio retreats backstage as Tony goes back to join Bob Caudle)

Tony Schiavone: You heard Dusty Rhodes, Bob. They seemingly have vengeance in their heart after last week and I wouldn’t want to be Rocky Kernodle in the main event. Dusty Rhodes is ready and no one is more dangerous than a ready Dusty Rhodes.

Bob Caudle: He certainly is ready and once everything is cleared about this mysterious puppeteer situation, you can only wonder how focused Dusty Rhodes will be. But in the meantime, we’re ready for action for our next match so let’s get to it.

Match #2

Don Kent beat Rufus Jones in 10:39 after Rufus was distracted by Boomer Lynch and police officers showing up at the broadcast booth, allowing Kent to roll up Rufus. After the match, Rufus rolled out to the ring and went to confront Boomer. Rufus was told he was being charged with breaking and entering in a motel room in Tampa. Boomer taunted Rufus and Rufus threw a punch at Boomer! Boomer immediately collapses on the floor as the police officers contained Rufus. Boomer says he’s now pressing charges on Rufus for battery as well! Rufus is now taken in handcuffs out of the studio, under the amused look of Boomer Lynch! Tony and Bob are wondering if Boomer didn’t have something to do with this…

**commercial break**

Bob Caudle: We are back here on Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling and last week, my next guests left us with more questions than answers. And with that in mind, please welcome Jack & Jerry, the Brisco Brothers.

(The Brisco Brothers make their way to a mixed reaction from the crowd.)

Bob Caudle: OK, Jerry, Jack, last week, when Eddie Graham tried to confront you about what you said last week on this program, you guys stormed off and refused to answer Eddie Graham’s questions. Now, can you tell us more about your whereabouts last week.

Jack Brisco: Again, we’re sorry for our abrupt end of conversation last week but we did have a meeting to attend with a very important person and we were running late so we did  what we had to do. We didn’t mean to upset Eddie Graham or anyone else. But we had to leave, it’s that simple.

Bob Caudle: Jerry, I mean….we’ve got to wonder here….you pretty much implied that you guys conspired with somebody to have Greg Valentine removed out of the AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight title picture. And you didn’t do anything to deny those rumors.

Jerry Brisco: That’s because there’s nothing to deny. You want the truth? We’ll tell you the truth. Jack and I were approached by someone so we could take Greg Valentine out of the picture. And we did. I placed the phone call for the fake family emergency, just like I was instructed to. Jack took Valentine’s place and the rest is history.

Bob Caudle: But who put you up to this? This is what our fans all want to know.

Jerry Brisco; Soon, Mr. Caudle. Soon. But again, we gotta go.

(The Briscos leave again, as Bob Caudle seems a bit rattled by the revelations from the Briscos.)

Bob Caudle: Fans…I..I don’t know what to say. The Briscos just admitted to us that they were pretty much hired to take Greg Valentine out of the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight title picture and it truly wasn’t Eddie Graham. So, Tony, who could it be?

Tony Schiavone: Honestly, I’m as much in the dark as you are, Bob. I have no idea who and why but this won’t help anything in regards to both Valentine and Eddie Graham. Both men want answers and we hopefully will get them fast as things could escalate rather quickly.

Bob Caudle: And let’s hope we will get those answers soon. Up next, it’s our main event!

MAIN EVENT

Match #3

“The American Dream” Dusty Rhodes beat Rocky Kernodle in 12:56 with the Bionic Elbow

Next week in action:

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in singles competition

-Boomer Lynch takes on Atlantic Coast’s newest acquisition!

-Dory Funk Jr in singles action

-In our feature match, newcomer “Mr. Magnificent” Kevin Kelly takes on Konga the Barbarian!

May 18th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory, Tampa, FL

-Denny Brown destroys local talent Hector Mathers in 2:58

-Wahoo McDaniel beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 14:08

-Jay Youngblood beat Porkchop Cash in 12:53

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: The Cuban Assassin beat "Mr. Magnificent" Kevin Kelly in 9:04 to retain

-Greg Valentine & Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat Dusty Rhodes & Mark Youngblood in 19:54 after Kernodle pinned Youngblood

-Boomer Lynch beat Don Kernodle in 17:20

-Jerry Brisco beat Don Kent in 15:26

-Ricky Steamboat beat Dory Funk Jr in 12:01

May 19th, 1984

Miami, FL

Steel Cage: AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Wahoo McDaniel in 6:11

Falls Count Anywhere: "Maniac" Mike Davis upsets Dory Funk Jr in 8:20

-John Bonello beat Steve Diblasio in 4:54

-Don Kernodle beat Porkchop Cash in 7:07

-Boomer Lynch beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver

-Jack Brisco beat Greg Valentine in 14:05 after Brisco reversed a Valentine's Figure Four Leglock attempt into a small package

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: The Purple Haze (w/Kevin Sullivan & Fallen Angel) beat Killer Tim Brooks in 28:19 to win the title!

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship: Gino Hernandez beat Phil Hickerson in 42:24 to win the title!

May 20th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Don Kernodle & Jay Youngblood beat enhancement talent Travis Jervis & Bob Roop when Bob Roop abandoned Jervis early in the match after a miscue! After the match, Roop came back and delivered  a stiff high knee to Jervis' neck before leaving.

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat Mike Graham in 8:54

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat the debuting Jimmy Valiant in 17:10

-Greg Valentine beat Tommy Lane in 11:27

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: The Cuban Assassin beat Bill Ash in 10:30 to retain

-The Brisco Brothers beat Boomer Lynch & Steve Diblasio in 20:10 after Jack submitted Lynch to the Spinning Toe Hold

-Denny Brown & Wahoo McDaniel beat The House of Humperdink (The Great Kabuki & AWA Atlantic Coast TV Champion The Purple Haze, w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 14:43 when Wahoo pinned Purple Haze.

-Dusty Rhodes pinned Mike Rotunda in 6:06 with the Bionic Elbow. Both men hugged and shook hands afterwards.

Gino Hernandez wasting no time in putting gold around his waist.....I like it, looking forward to seeing his story unfold here in Florida

The Briscos seem to hold the answers we're all looking for....can't wait to see whose behind all this!!

Dory Funk Jr seems to be falling on some of those "hard times" Dusty likes to talk about.

The mystery continues to unfold as the Briscos admit their involvement. Man I cant wait to find out who's behind all this.

I like the Boomer/Rufus storyline. Looks like Rufus was set up. 

Kevin Kelly better be careful now that he's getting involved in the House of Humperdink's business.

Solid TV main event as Dusty puts "The best" down with the bionic elbow. 

WOW! A couple of title changes as Purple Haze wins the TV title and Gino wastes no time and wins the Florida championship! 

Also, how about Mike Davis with that huge upset over Dory Funk. 

Cuban Assassin is on a roll in Florida. 

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV #10

May 25th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

*This week will be in form of recap since I'm a bit jammed with work. Back to the regular format next week!

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat enhancement talent Colton Cason in 5:08

-"The Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant beat Boomer Lynch in 16:13 after interference from Rufus Jones

-Dory Funk Jr (w/Greg Valentine) beat Tommy Wright in 11:28. After the match, Greg Valentine goes to the broadcast booth for an interview where he tells Bob Caudle and Tony Schiavone he wants the Briscos to say everything that they know so he can expose Eddie Graham as the fraud that he is. Valentine doesn't buy Eddie's excuse that someone is maneuvering behind his back and once it's all settled, he'll punch Eddie for his personal satisfaction.

-In the main event, Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Kevin Kelly in 16:06

May 25th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory

Tampa, FL

No DQ Match: "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes beat Bob Dellaserra

-The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Don Kent

-Ricky Steamboat & Paul Orndorff beat Scott Ferris & Les Thornton

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Gene Anderson to retain

-The Missing Link & Rufus Jones beat Boomer Lynch & Jay Youngblood (subbing for Konga, allegedly out for "an unsafe working environment with Missing Link around", according to Humperdink)

May 26th, 1984

Miami, FL

8-Men Elimination Tag: Don Kent, AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White & Johnny Weaver & Les Thornton beat Mr. Wrestling II, Jay & Mark Youngblood & Rufus Jones in 15:26. Bill White & Johnny Weaver were the sole survivors for their team

-Paul Orndorff beat Vinnie Valentino in 9:26

-Porkchop Cash beat enhancement talent Murphy Wray in 10:40

-The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher, w/Fallen Angel) beat Boomer Lynch & Wahoo McDaniel in 17:55. Boomer left the match quite early as Rufus Jones was in hot pursuit of Boomer, who fled backstage to avoid him, leaving Wahoo to fend off for himself.

-Scott Ferris beat enhancement talent Hildred Sackville in 18:43

-The House of Humperdink (Atlantic Coast TV Champion Purple Haze & The Great Kabuki) beat Bob Dellaserra & Mike Graham in 17:58

-Ric McCord beat Tommy Wright in 23:49

-Ricky Steamboat & Dusty Rhodes beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" & Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion The Cuban Assassin in 18:43 when Dusty pinned Kernodle with the Bionic Elbow

May 27th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Denny Brown beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White

-Angelo Mosca Jr (w/Angelo Mosca) beat Steve Diblasio

-Porkchop Cash & Rufus Jones beat Mike Graham & Ric McCord

-Paul Orndorff beat Mark Youngblood

-Don Kent & Mr. Wrestling II beat enhancement talents Colton Cason & Murphy Wray

-The Brisco Brothers beat Bob Dellaserra & enhancement talent Hildred Sacksville

-Don Kernodle fight Dory Funk Jr to a double DQ

• 2 weeks later...

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV

June 1st, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

(After the opening credits, we join Bob Caudle, who’s solo this week, at the broadcast booth to start today’s show.)

Bob Caudle: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV. I’m Bob Caudle and I’m flying solo this week as Tony Schiavone is on assignment and as a matter of fact, we’ll join him a bit later in the show because we’ve been told that the Brisco Brothers will finally reveal who’s behind the bounty that allowed Jack Brisco to oust Greg Valentine to crown the inaugural Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion. This is a situation that has wreaked havoc literally everywhere in the territory as Eddie Graham has even lost the ability to sign major top talents to the territory. Keep in mind it’s that same mysterious individual who allegedly convinced Brad Armstrong not to come to Florida and he instead chose to join his brother Scott and his father “Bullet Bob” with Southeastern Championship Wrestling. We just hope that this will at least temporarily, calm everyone down and cooler heads will prevail. We’ve got some great wrestling action, including our feature bout between Ricky Steamboat and Abdullah the Butcher from the House of Humperdink. Plus, we will have the debut of Khruscher Khruschev from Russia, along with his partner Boris Zhukov But first, we’ve got a 6-men tag match to get us started, and it also features the House of Humperdink! Let’s get to the ring now!

Match #1

6-Men Tag Team Match

The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan, Purple Haze & The Great Kabuki, w/Sir Oliver Humperdink & Fallen Angel) beat Mike Graham, Paul Orndorff & Wahoo McDaniel in 31:15 after Sullivan hit Wahoo with one of the heels of Fallen Angel’s shoes! Luckily for Wahoo, Sullivan didn’t have time to use the Golden Spike on him to exert further damage as Orndorff & Graham chased off the House of Humperdink with a chair!

***commercial break***

(Back from the break, we see the same VTR vignette we saw a few weeks back…)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

(As the vignette ends, the Soviet anthem starts again and out comes Khruscher Khruschev and Boris Zhukov, proudly waving the Soviet Flag on their way to the ring.

Match #2

Khruscher Khruschev (w/Boris Zhukov) beat Don Kernodle in 6:18 by submission with a leglock he called the Soviet Crowbar

***commercial break***

Bob Caudle: We’re back on Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV and it’s finally time to join Tony Schiavone with the Brisco Brothers as we’re waiting to find out who’s been hiring the Brisco Brothers to do their dirty deeds. Tony, the floor is yours.

(We cut to the hallway inside of a building as Tony Schiavone is standing by with the Brisco Brothers, dressed in suit & tie, to claim their bounty.)

Tony Schiavone: Thank you, Bob. Here we are, this is the moment that everyone in the territory has been waiting to find out. We’re about to enter a room in which stands the man who’s caused so many problems to not only Greg Valentine but Eddie Graham himself.

Jerry Brisco: Hey, but he didn’t cause troubles to us!

Jack Brisco: That’s right, on the contrary, I’d say he’s been pretty good to us!

Tony Schiavone: Jack, Jerry, would you mind?

Jerry Brisco: Of course, of course…

(Jerry knocks on the door)

???: Come in!

(The door opens and a somewhat familiar voice greets the Brisco Brothers and Tony Schiavone.)

???: Jack, Jerry! Mr. Schiavone! Come in, don’t be shy!

Tony Schiavone: I….I cannot believe my eyes. You?

(The cameraman enters as well and we discover that the mystery man is….FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION GINO HERNANDEZ!!! In front of Gino lays the Florida Heavyweight Championship belt and a briefcase presumably full of money destined to the Briscos.)

Gino Hernandez: Why so surprised, Tony? Who did you expect? Come on, boys! Come get your share of the money!

(Gino hands over the briefcase to Jack & Jerry Brisco. Gino shakes hands with the Briscos as they leave the room. Tony is now alone with Gino.)

Tony Schiavone: Gino Hernandez, why would you do something like that?

Gino Hernandez: The answer is: why not? I’m rich, I’m young, I’m handsome and there’s no one more talented than me. To make it in this business, you have to pull some strings and take advantage of some opportunities. And that’s exactly what I did. Greg Valentine was an obstacle in my way to one day become the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion. So I took care of that by enlisting the help of a few people. I didn’t specifically ask to Jack & Jerry Brisco to do this; they came to me. And they were willing to do the job so that’s what they did. Jerry placed the call to Greg Valentine to tell him his father’s health wasn’t good and he had to fly back home. Eddie Graham couldn’t cancel such a big match and since Eddie trusted Jack, he put him in his place to wrestle Paul Orndorff. And the rest is history. Now, I’ll grant you that I didn’t expect Valentine to pull off what he did but we’ll deal with that in due time.

Tony Schiavone: Don’t you feel sorry to have put Eddie Graham through all of this?

Gino Hernandez: Eddie Graham pretty much was collateral damage. It would’ve been anyone else at the helm of this territory, I would’ve done the exact same thing. It would’ve been Fritz Von Erich, Bill Watts, Stu Hart, Verne Gagne….nothing would’ve changed. I needed to send the message to Eddie Graham that nobody can stop me from accomplishing my goals in Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling. This (Gino takes the Florida Heavyweight title belt) is just an appetizer. I’m soon gunning for the main course and the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship is my dessert. I don’t care if the Cuban Assassin still has the title or whoever else has it. Before it’s all said and done, I will be the champion.

Tony Schiavone: And if I can ask….how did you convince Brad Armstrong to not come here? Eddie Graham was counting on Brad Armstrong to make a big impact in this territory.

Gino Hernandez: Tony Schiavone, at the end of the day, when you can persuade anyone to do what’s best for themselves, you go ahead and do it. Brad Armstrong would’ve been a thorn in my side in Florida and I have plenty on my plate already so I wanted to make sure that he didn’t get in my way. And besides, I can’t say that so far, Paul Jones’ Army hasn’t helped me convince Brad he did the right move, slapping around his daddy and his brothers. In the end, Brad Armstrong knew what was best for him. And the day will probably come where he’ll want a piece of me when he realizes that I’m the best thing going on God’s green Earth. And I’ll be waiting with open arms.

Tony Schiavone: Well, Gino Hernandez…Thanks for that conversation. Back to you, Bob at the Sportatorium.

(Back to Bob Caudle at the Sportatorium, with Don Kent standing next to him.)

Bob Caudle: Folks, I’m as speechless as everyone here as we came to the realization that it was Gino Hernandez, all along, who pulled the strings behind Eddie Graham’s back. Obviously, we can’t join Eddie Graham yet for his comments but we hopefully will able to get some thoughts from him soon. Now, joining me is Don Kent. Don, busy weekend for you as tonight, you’re wrestling Angelo Mosca Jr and tomorrow night in Miami, you take on John Bonello. How important is it for you to win those matches as you might be getting back in the hunt for the TV title currently held by Purple Haze?

Don Kent: Important? Are you kidding me, Bob Caudle? I’m gonna wipe the floor of Angelo Mosca Jr and John Bonello. Those guys couldn’t even lace my boots if I asked them to. People now seem to be talking about Gino Hernandez being the best thing since sliced bread and everything but is he a former TV Champion? NO! I’m the one who sent Rick Rude packing back to his territory. I saved the honor of this territory when no one else could!

Bob Caudle: With all due respect, Don; you’ve only held the title for one week before Killer Tim Brooks took it from you.

Don Kent: This is the problem, here. People are just paying attention to what you’re doing now and not what you’ve done prior to today. Like nothing else you did counts. I’ve been overlooked for too long and I’m gonna make an example out of Angelo Mosca Jr and John Bonello this weekend. And when it’s all said and done, I’ll make an example out of the rest of this territory. Maybe people will take me seriously going forward. Now, get out of my way.

(A visibly irritated Don Kent leaves the set to return backstage)

Bob Caudle: One thing we can say is that Don Kent isn’t in a jovial mood right now and he feels overlooked by ACCW management and the fans. We’ll see this weekend if he can be true to his words and score victories. But now, we’re ready for our main event!

MAIN EVENT

Match #3

Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Ricky Steamboat in 9:48 with the Sudanese Meat Cleaver. After the match, Dory Funk Jr runs-in and attacks Steamboat with the branding iron in the ribs! Steamboat is writhing in pain as the show ends while Dory Funk leaves the ring, satisfied with his work.

Next week on ACCW TV:

-Tommy Lane of the Rock N’Roll RPMs takes on Boomer Lynch in singles competition

-The Purple Haze defends the Atlantic Coast TV Championship against Rufus Jones

-Plus, in 6-men tag team action, The Russians team with The Great Kabuki to take on Don Kernodle and whoever will want to team with him!

June 1st, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory

Tampa, FL

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Boomer Lynch in 23:48

-Don Kent beat Angelo Mosca Jr in 7:21

-Porkchop Cash beat "The Boogie Woogie Man" Jimmy Valiant in 13:39. After the match, Jimmy Valiant seemed a bit angry at losing to Porkchop Cash but he took the mic and told Cash that he isn't angry because there's no place for anger in the Church of Boogie Woogie. Valiant wants Porkchop Cash to join him and spread the news about having fun in the world. Valiant rechristens himself  "Reverend Jimmy Valiant" and rechristens Porkchop Cash "Reverend Cash".

3-on-2 Handicap Match: Vinnie Valentino and Bulldog Bob Brown beat Gerry Jennings, Kasen Sappington & Hank Samuels in 9:42

-Boris Zhukov (w/Khruscher Khruschev) beat Jerry Brisco by reverse decision in 10:44. Brisco had originally won the match after using the Soviet Flag to hit Zhukov but referee Bill Alfonso told referee Teddy Long about Brisco using the flag and Alfonso then reversed the decision in favor of Zhukov.

-Dory Funk Jr beat Ricky Steamboat in 15:25

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: The Cuban Assassin (w/Greg Valentine) beat Ric McCord in 8:45 to retain

-Dusty Rhodes beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 58:57 with the Bionic Elbow