Pro Wrestling Only

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling

SirEdger

Events for July 6, 7 & 8, 1984

Atlantic Coast TV, July 6th, 1984

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat Steve Diblasio in 7:26

-Footage of last Monday's show in Orlando is shown of the opener between Bob Dellaserra and Bill White where the match ended in a double DQ and White piledrove Dellaserra on the floor. Eddie Graham says he's considering stripping White & Weaver of their titles, or at the very least, stripping White of his half of the title. But he wants White to explain himself first. White and Weaver come out and White apologize for his behavior. White says that of all the tag team champions in the AWA, he and Weaver are most overlooked, despite Weaver also being the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion. They don't want to be treated like charity cases at the twilight of their career. White says they  might have only one chance to face and beat the Road Warriors for the AWA World Tag Team Championship and they want to make the best of it. Eddie Graham says that White & Weaver will have that opportunity if they can remain champions until Sunday, July 28th when the Road Warriors will come to town in Miami to defend their titles. If they're still champs by then, they will face the Road Warriors for the AWA World Tag Team Championship.

-The first ads for some special events in August are being run. First, Battle of the Belts will take place on August 10th at Logan Stadium in Logan, WV. The Battle of the Belts event will feature the Atlantic Coast Heavyweight, TV & Tag Team Championships defended in an Open Contract structure with the official challengers being announced shortly before the event. Then, a special event to honor the military on Sunday August 19th in Arlington, VA will take place with free admission to military personnel and their families.

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan & Fallen Angel) beat Wystan Low in 15:37. At commentary, Sullivan tried to minimize the tensions between Abdullah and Purple Haze recently.

-The debuting King Tonga beat Tommy Wright in 9:13

-In the feature bout, Kevin Kelly beat The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 11:50 with a rollup after Haze was temporarily distracted by Abdullah making his way to the ring, but being restrained by Sir Oliver Humperdink and Kevin Sullivan. Once again, Sullivan was able to cool things down but how long can this continue?

July 6th, 1984

Miami, FL

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Johnny Mantell defeated Johnny Weaver by countout after Weaver injured his shoulder, colliding with the ring post. After the match, White ran in and attacked Mantell, thinking Mantell purposely injured Weaver.

-King Tonga beat Angelo Mosca Jr

-Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan & Fallen Angel) beat Bulldog Bob Brown

-Mike Graham beat Tommy Lane

Guest Referee - Eddie Graham: Boris Zhukov beat Jack Brisco after Zhukov used the Soviet Flag to hit Brisco with it, behind Eddie Graham's back, who was trying to control Khruscher Khruschev and Jerry Brisco brawling at ringside. After the match, Graham orders Khruschev and Jerry Brisco to fight in the main event right now!

-Jerry Brisco beat Khruscher Khruschev by submission

July 7th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

***Before the show starts, Eddie Graham informs the attendance that Iceman King Parsons was scheduled to compete in the main event for the Atlantic Coast TV Championship but because of prior commitments, he won't be there. Instead, Blackjack Lanza will wrestle Boomer Lynch for the TV title in the main event***

-Jerry Brisco beat Bulldog Bob Brown in 14:02

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" in 18:49

-Mike Graham beat Dory Funk Jr in 10:30

-Gino Hernandez makes his way to the ring for his scheduled match with King Tonga and says that he refuses to wrestle Tonga in a straight-up match "because he doesn't wrestle animals in regular matches". He orders the ring crew to put together a cage because it's the only way he'll do it. Besides, he also wants to "protect" King Tonga because his protégé Angelo Mosca Jr is really mad about losing last night to Tonga in Miami and he wants "a fair fight".

Steel Cage Match: Gino Hernandez beat King Tonga in 14:30 after Angelo Mosca Jr slams the cage door on Tonga's head, allowing Gino to escape. Postmatch, Tonga completely destroys Mosca Jr, who's all bloodied while Gino doesn't even look back and runs away.

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Don Kent in 11:29

-The Missing Link beat Kevin Kelly in 8:48

-The Purple Haze (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Vinnie Valentino in 8:55

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Boomer Lynch beat Blackjack Lanza (subbing for Iceman King Parsons) in 36:07 to retain

July 8th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-The House of Humperdink (Abdullah the Butcher & Kevin Sullivan) beat John Bonello & Rufus Jones

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 9:07. After the match, Bob Dellaserra, wearing a neckbrace, attacked Bill White!

-The House of Humperdink (Konga the Barbarian & The Great Kabuki, w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat The Church of Boogie Woogie in 15:50 after Konga pinned Jimmy Valiant with a Falling Headbutt

-King Tonga beat Blackjack Lanza in 6:33

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat Scott McGhee in 13:49

-Jerry Brisco beat Don Kent in 14:37

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship Triangle Match: Johnny Weaver beat Jack Brisco and The Purple Haze in 53:03 to retain

Jack Brisco eliminated Purple Haze at 30:35 by submission with the Figure Four

Johnny Weaver eliminated Jack Brisco at 53:03 with the Weaver Lock

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Between seeing a diminished Ricky Steamboat and seeing Gino lay down to Konga.... I am unsure which angle has my attention more!  In the long run, I am sure it is Gino as he is wonderful at pulling the strings that run ACCW

As for the July 6-8 shows....

Gino continues to amaze as he just demands a steel cage match and gets it and then he sacrifices Mosca Jr.  King Tonga is going to be a MONSTER here in ACCW.

Was surprised to see the guest ref, Eddie Graham, loose focus and allow the Russians to get the win!  I am sure he will have some stern words for the Reds after he sees the video tape.

I'm getting into the Weaver/White team. 

Kevin Kelly gets a big win over Purple Haze.

King Tonga has arrived! He gets shot up the card by having a cage match with Gino. Mosca Jr interferes but Tonga makes him pay! 

Briscos and Russians will be a fun feud.

Even though he had a couple losses, cool seeing Blackjack Lanza show up here.

Weaver continues to hold onto his title as he wins the triangle match. 

I like how Florida has an every man for himself vibe. Heels fight heels and faces fight faces. The possibilities are endless. 

Yeah, well, I wanted my territory to stand out from the others - as every territory in the game does with the great writers we have - and I felt this was the best way for me to do so. The good ol' gunslinger  mentality :)

ATLANTIC COAST CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING TV

JULY 13th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

(After the opening credits, we join Bob Caudle at the broadcast booth to kick off this episode.)

Bob Caudle: Hello, wrestling fans and welcome to Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV. As you can see, I’m flying solo right now and it’s because our colleague Tony Schiavone will now be calling the action for Georgia Championship Wrestling. Everyone at Atlantic Coast would like to wish Tony the best of luck in Georgia and we know he’ll do an excellent job. With that mind, I’d like to introduce my new broadcast colleague, Mr. David Crockett.

(David Crockett joins Bob Caudle at the broadcast booth and shakes his hand.)

Bob Caudle: David, welcome to Atlantic Coast!

David Crockett: Thank you, Bob. I’m very excited to be here with you and I’m looking forward to call the action with you for many years to come.

Bob Caudle: The feeling is mutual, David. Lots of action for you fans, this week, as our feature bout will pit Mike Davis of the Rock N’ Roll RPMs and Jack Brisco of the Brisco Brothers. But up first, some tag team action featuring The American Dream himself and his partner for the day, Johnny Mantell!

Match #1

Dusty Rhodes & Johnny Mantell beat John Bonello & Arnold Hershey in 5:57

***commercial break***

Bob Caudle: We’re back on Atlantic Coast TV and please welcome the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions, Bill White and his tag partner – also Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion Johnny Weaver.

(Bill White and Johnny Weaver make their way to the broadcast booth to a nice pop.)

Bob Caudle: Bill White, Johnny Weaver, another great week of action behind you and another one ahead, starting tonight. While Johnny will be defending his title against Reverend Cash from the Church of Boogie Woogie, you’ll be squaring off with Bulldog Bob Brown.

Bill White: That’s right, Bob Caudle. Another one down, another one to go. Thus goes life as champions. We told the world we’d be taking on all comers and Eddie Graham has laid out the gauntlet for us. First, we need to retain our titles on July 28th against Mike Graham and Rufus Jones to even have the right to wrestle the Road Warriors on the same night. And then if we do, we get to wrestle the Road Warriors. That’s fine and well because we only need one match to become the World Tag Team Champions.

David Crockett: There is one thing though....you do know that it’s gonna be a 4-Way Dance, right?

Bill White: I ---wait, what?

David Crockett: Yes, I’ve been informed by Eddie Graham that this match will be a 4-Way Dance for the AWA World Tag Team Championship on July 28. The match will involve of course, the Road Warriors, the current Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions at the time, the duo of Boomer Lynch & Florida Heavyweight Champion Konga the Barbarian and another unlikely duo in Greg Valentine & Reverend Jimmy Valiant.

Bill White: You’ve gotta be kidding me? What have those two teams done to earn a shot at the belts? Hell, they never even teamed together! How’s that fair? I’m gonna have a serious talk with Eddie Graham!

Johnny Weaver: Bill, calm down! You’re pretty much under probation now. The last thing you wanna do is to piss off Eddie Graham.

Bill White (breathing, calming down): You’re right...Besides, that’s no big deal. We’re gonna get this. Either way, we’re walking out July 28 as champions. Double champions in fact! And let’s make this statement, after we win those tag team titles against the Road Warriors, I’ll make the bold statement that we will have our first title defense on August 10 at Battle of the Belts in Logan, WV! Correct me if I’m wrong, Bob Caudle, but the champs are on an open contract, right?

Bob Caudle: That’s right, Eddie Graham said that on that night, the Atlantic Coast Tag Team, TV & Heavyweight Championships will be defended on open contracts.

Bill White: That’s “future World Tag Team Champions” to you, Bob. But yeah, so I’m right. Battle of the Belts will be another occasion for me and Johnny to prove that we’re not done yet. So we don’t care who is it. As far as we know, hell, the contracts may already have been signed and Eddie is just messing with us.

David Crockett: I’m sorry to interrupt you again, Bill....but I just got word that we can now confirm who will be challenging the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Ch---

Bill White: WORLD Tag Team Champions.

David Crockett: --- Tag Team Champions at Battle of the Belts. On August 10th, if you and Johnny Weaver are still the Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions, you will be defending those titles against......THE FANTASTICS!

(The crowd in studio erupts as Bill White is a bit stunned and must do everything in his power to contain himself. White is about to say something but keeps it to himself and walks away. Before he does too, Johnny Weaver turns to David Crockett.)

Johnny Weaver: The good thing is we’ll be ready for either challenge, both the Road Warriors and the Fantastics. As for Don Kent....yikes, I don’t wanna be him in about 20 minutes.

(Weaver winks and smiles at Crockett and leaves.)

Bob Caudle: What a blockbuster of an announcement you just made there, David. The Fantastics are coming to Atlantic Coast for one night and they could walk out of Battle of the Belts at Logan Stadium as the new AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions.

David Crockett: Well, you don’t want to offend Bill White again – this could be for the World Tag Team Championship as well....but yeah, this might be the biggest AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship match ever. We talk about how the Road Warriors are the most dominant tag team in the AWA but there are very few teams as exciting as The Fantastics. And this is gonna be, pun intended, a fantastic match!

Bob Caudle: Indeed, David, we’ll take a break and when we come back, the puppetmaster himself, Gino Hernandez will be in action!

****commercial break****

CONFIRMED FOR BATTLE OF THE BELTS

AUGUST 10TH, 1984

LOGAN STADIUM, LOGAN, WV

MAIN EVENT

AWA ATLANTIC COAST TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Fantastics vs Bill White & Johnny Weaver (c)

Match #2

Gino Hernandez beat Brandt Neal in 7:07

Match #3

AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Don Kent in 6:26

***commercial break***

(After the break, we see a video package highlighting the work of newcomer King Tonga. And Sir Oliver Humperdink is standing behind Bob Caudle & David Crockett, firmly looking at the monitor...can he add another member to the House of Humperdink? Humperdink retreats before Caudle & Crockett can see him and return on-air.)

Bob Caudle: We’re back on Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV and it’s been awhile since we have seen the lovely Miss Elizabeth, the valet of The Missing Link. If you recall, she has been blinded by a fireball thrown by Sir Oliver Humperdink, aimed at The Missing Link. Ever since that time, Link has been going on a rampage, trying to get to Konga the Barbarian and Sir Oliver Humperdink, but to no avail. So now, let’s try to get a word with The Missing Link.

(The Missing Link stumbles his way in front of the camera, like he’s confusely looking for something...or in this case, someone.)

Bob Caudle: Alright, Link, I don’t know if you can understand me but I’ll try anyway. Link, how is Elizabeth?

The Missing Link: Elizabeth.....Elizabeth....ELIZABETH.....GONE! LINK DON’T KNOW WHERE ELIZABETH!

David Crockett: Wait a minute, Link, what do you mean “gone”? Are you saying that you haven’t seen her since the incident? Not a clue?

The Missing Link: Elizabeth....GONE! GONE!

David Crockett: But where could she be? She was blinded? She can’t have left by her....AAAAAAAAARGH!

(That sound happens after Crockett is shoved down by The Missing Link collapsing after he’s been attacked by someone. And that someone is....it’s......IT’S RANDY SAVAGE!!! RANDY SAVAGE ATTACKED THE MISSING LINK!!! Savage is mounted on Link and pummels him with fists until he feels it’s not enough and grabs David Crockett’s mic and busts him open with it. Savage then retreats and grabs Bob Caudle’s mic.)

Randy Savage: YOU WANNA KNOW WHERE’S ELIZABETH??? SHE’S WITH ME!!! SHE’S BEEN WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME, YEAAAAAAAH! WHO DO YOU THINK TOOK CARE OF HER WHILE YOU WERE RAMBLING AROUND? I DID! AS A MATTER OF FACT, THERE SHE IS, YEAAAAH!

(Miss Elizabeth walks back tentatively, wearing sunglasses, to shield her eyes from the light. Savage grabs her by the forearm and guides her next to him)

Randy Savage: The Missing Link never cared about Elizabeth. But Randy Savage always did. I took care of Elizabeth while he was running around like a lunatic. Well, NO MORE RUNNING, LINK! FROM NOW ON, ELIZABETH IS WITH ME! THERE’S NO PLACE FOR HER BESIDES YOU! I hold you personally responsible for her almost losing her sight and I’m gonna make you pay, yeaaaah. Because the Macho Man always delivers on his promises. UH-HUH! This is your first and only warning: stay away from Elizabeth. And if you don’t, you’re gonna suffer. OOOOOOOH YEAAAAAAAAAAH! C’MON ELIZABETH, LET’S GO!

(Randy Savage and Elizabeth leave together while The Missing Link is being tended to by various referees and staff members, including Bob Caudle and David Crockett.)

****commercial break****

MAIN EVENT

Match #4

Mike Davis beat Jack Brisco with a school boy in 13:48. After the match, Jerry Brisco runs in to attack Mike Davis but Tommy Lane quickly makes the save. The show ends with the RPMs standing their ground with the Brisco Brothers!

July 13th, 1984

Fort Homer W. Hestorly Armory, Tampa, FL

-Bulldog Bob Brown beat AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White in 5:08

Handicap Match: Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat The Missing Link & Don Kent in 17:50

Submission: Jerry Brisco beat Vinnie Valentino

AWA Florida Heavyweight Championship 5-Way Dance: Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Bob Dellaserra, Reverend Jimmy Valiant, King Tonga & Gino Hernandez in 8:40 to retain. King Tonga was about to make Dellaserra tap out to win the title but Gino Hernandez used the Florida title belt to knock out Tonga, allowing Konga to finish off Dellaserra with a 2nd rope falling headbutt to retain

-Blackjack Lanza beat Kevin Kelly in 10:50

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship: Reverend Cash beat Johnny Weaver in 5:24 to win the title

July 14th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Mike Graham & Johnny Mantell vs Konga the Barbarian & Gino Hernandez ends in a no-contest after King Tonga runs in, trying to catch Gino Hernandez for costing him the Florida Heavyweight title last night

-Jerry Brisco beat Vinnie Valentino

-Rufus Jones fight Dory Funk Jr to a double DQ

No DQ Match: Kevin Kelly beat Don Kernodle

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Khruscher Khruschev beat Boomer Lynch to win the title

July 15th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Mike Davis beat Dory Funk Jr in 17:44

-Don Kent beat Don Kernodle in 24:40

-Mike Graham beat Vinnie Valentino 16:12

-Buzz Tyler beat Tony Anthony in 14:30

-Duke Myers beat Bulldog Bob Brown in 13:08

-The debuting Junkyard Dog answers Kevin Kelly's open challenge and beats him with the Thump in 13:06

-"Macho Man" Randy Savage beat Johnny Weaver in 26:07 with the Diving Elbow

Good to see a familiar voice in David Crockett calling the action.

Macho Man and Liz reunite in the most violent way possible! Poor Link!!

Fantastics coming for the titles should be good stuff.

Porkchop Cash wins the Atlantic Coast Title!!

Kruschev picks up the TV Belt, that'll piss the fans off!

JYD picks up a nice win in his debut.

The action is all over the place in Atlantic Coast! Cool Stuff!

Tony is moving on and David comes in. LOL, the wrestlers will have a lot of fun with David. 

White and Weaver have a ton of confidence and promise to become WORLD tag champs! However, the Fantastics might player spoilers. 

The Big news!!! Randy Savage arrives! Savage takes down Link and leaves with Elizabeth! Awesome segment! Savage fits in so well here.

Love the Gino/Tonga feud going. 

Khruschev beats Boomer for the TV title! 

Kevin Kelly comes off a big win over Kernodle but gets THUMPED the next night by a debuting JYD! 

The Missing Link/Macho Man program has me wondering how great this angle would have been had they kept Link in the WWF in 1985 and played out the Savage/George Steele storyline with Link in Steele's place. Dewey Robertson proved how over the Link character could be in Dallas and UWF. I would have loved to have seen Link vs. Savage throughout 86 instead of the Animal. Fun stuff there...

Good seeing Bill White get a little play. A phenomenal enhancement talent who could have used a little push in Mid-Atlantic IRL.

Watching Mosca Jr. work for Gino is good use of somebody who lacked that "it" factor in real life to get over on their own. Having Mosca play whipping boy to Tonga after the cage match was fun.

And Reverend Cash... I like it. I may have to attend the Church of Boogie Woogie once to see how it is. Is Manhattan Transfer the choir?

I must say you are getting a lot out of your mid-card angles which makes for a very balanced show from top to botton.

I love using Link with the Elizabeth angle.

Bill White is getting pretty arrogant these days.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone bring him back down to earth soon.

The Church of Boogie Woogie is AWESOME!  Congrats to Rev. Cash.

All of this and Gino is still the straw that stirs the drink.  If Dusty can ever get rid of the House of Humperdink, Dream vs Gino could sell out arenas for months

Events for July 20, 21 & 22, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, July 20th, 1984

Sportatorium, Tampa, FL

-AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White & Johnny Weaver beat Buzz Tyler & John Bonello in 12:55 in a non-title match

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Don Kent in 14:08 with the Top Rope Elbow Drop

-In studio, Bob Caudle & David Crockett interview now former TV Champion Boomer Lynch. Lynch is upset at the fact that he couldn't count on the House of Humperdink to help him defend his title against new champion Khruscher Khruschev. Boomer says he can no longer trust the word of Sir Oliver Humperdink and Kevin Sullivan. Given that he has a big tag match against Dusty Rhodes & The Junkyard Dog this Sunday in Orlando, he had to look elsewhere to find himself a partner. Boomer announces that in Orlando, he will team up with Japanese newcomer Keiji Mutoh to wrestle The American Dream & JYD!

-Dory Funk Jr beat King Tonga in 5:59

-Johnny Mantell upsets The Great Kabuki in 6:57 after another miscue from Purple Haze! We thought that everything was settled between these two but that doesn't seem to be the case!

Steel Cage Match, Winner to face Rocky Johnson for the AWA HBO TV Championship in Miami Sunday night: Kevin Kelly beat Jerry Brisco in 11:18 after Greg Valentine interfered and slammed the cage door on Brisco's head.

July 20th, 1984

-Dory Funk Jr beat Jose Luis Rivera in 12:47

-Reverend Jimmy Valiant beat Steve Diblasio in 15:04

-Jack Brisco beat Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan & Fallen Angel) in 14:39

Steel Cage: AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Tommy Lane

No DQ Match: The Starr Corporation destroyed John Bonello & Rufus Jones in 3:36

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship Gauntlet Match: Khruscher Khruschev beat Randy Savage, Jerry Brisco, Gino Hernandez, Eddie Gilbert & Mike Graham to retain.

Order of Elimination:

-Randy Savage by DQ after Gino Hernandez  tried to make a move on Miss Elizabeth and Savage went ballistic on Gino

-Gino Hernandez by Jerry Brisco and an Oklahoma Roll

-Jerry Brisco by Eddie Gilbert and a small package

-Eddie Gilbert by Khruscher Khruschev

-Mike Graham by Khruscher Khruschev

July 21st, 1984

Miami, FL

-Eddie Gilbert beat Jose Luis Rivera

-Jack Brisco beat Buzz Tyler

-Don Kernodle beat Boris Zhukov

-John Bonello fight Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver to a double DQ

AWA HBO TV Championship: Rocky Johnson beat Kevin Kelly to retain. After the match, a frustrated Kelly attacked Rocky but both Briscos ran in to seemingly make the save, straps in hand. However, it only turned out to be a ruse as the Briscos took turn to beat the living tar out of the Soulman with the straps! After security was able to pull off the Briscos, Eddie Graham came out and announced that tomorrow night in Orlando, pending a phone call with AWA Worldwide, Rocky Johnson will be defending his title against Jack Brisco in a Strap Match!!!

July 22nd, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Don Kernodle beat Greg Valentine after a distraction from Jerry Brisco. Valentine chased off Brisco afterwards

-Superstar Billy Graham beat Mike Davis

-John Bonello & Billy Travis beat Scott Casey & The Masked Superstar by DQ after Masked Superstar was caught using his loaded mask on Travis! Superstar didn't care and continued to pummel on both Bonello & Travis afterwards.

-The Church of Boogie Woogie beat Jerry Brisco & Gino Hernandez after Jimmy Valiant pinned Jerry Brisco with a small package

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Abdullah the Butcher (w/Kevin Sullivan & Fallen Angel) beat Khruscher Khruschev to win the title - TITLE CHANGE!!!

-"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & The Junkyard Dog beat Boomer Lynch & Keiji Mutoh by countout after Lynch & Mutoh walked out on the match, avoiding a hot tag from Dusty

AWA HBO TV Championship Strap Match: Rocky Johnson beat Jack Brisco to retain

HBO TV champ Rocky Johnson comes to town with fire and ends up taking care of Jack Brisco on his way out.

Abdullah wins the TV title from Khruschev! I bet that was a hard hitting brawl.

Oh man looks like seeds are planted for a Savage/Gino match! YES! Talk about a dream feud.

Valentine makes an appearance by slamming the cage door in Brisco's face but Brisco gets some payback as he costs Valentine his match with Kernodle. 

Dory Funk gets a big win over King Tonga. 

I like how you continue to use talent from all over the AWA. Keeps things interesting. Never a dull moment in Florida. 

Events for July 27, 28 & 29th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV, July 27th, 1984

-Dory Funk Jr beat Steve Diblasio in 14:29

-At the broadcast booth, there's an interview segment with Gino Hernandez and The Brisco Brothers. First, it's announced that Sunday night in Miami, Jack Brisco is getting a shot at the AWA International Championship against Bob Backlund. Jack says that even if Backlund is a great champion and a great wrestler, he's nowhere near close to him and he's gonna bring this title home in Florida. The subject shifts quickly to an incident last week when Gino try to make a move on Miss Elizabeth in the TV title Gauntlet Match, causing Randy Savage to go ballistic on Gino.  Gino says that Savage should chill out and relax a bit and that Randy needs to stop being so overprotective. In fact, Gino wonders what Miss Elizabeth is doing with a psycho like Savage. But Gino claims that it won't be the case any longer because he implies Liz has been hitting on him and he's got photo proof of that. As Jack Brisco is about to pull off that photo proof, Savage comes in bursting to the set and confronts Gino, telling him to keep the name of Liz from his mouth. But another snide remark from Gino and Savage pops him on the jaw! The Briscos try to come to Gino's aid but Savage is able to fend them off as well. But to everyone's shock, it's King Tonga who jumps Savage from behind, with Savage bumping his head in front of the broadcast booth. Savage is put in a nervehold by Tonga as Gino serves Savage a dire warning before leaving:

"Never come out here and think you can outsmart a mastermind puppeteer. I run the show in Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling and I don't need a championship to prove it. I can have any of them at any time I want. But now, what I want is Liz and trust me, Savage, I'm gonna get her."

-Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Champion Reverend Cash (w/Reverend Jimmy Valiant) beat Jose Luis Rivera in 9:44

-Jerry Brisco (w/Jack Brisco) beat Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) in 17:52

-Boomer Lynch beat Johnny Mantell in 8:46

July 27th, 1984

-Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver beat Kerry Brown in 11:18

-The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher, w/Fallen Angel & Sir Oliver Humperdink) beat Rufus Jones & Rocky "The Best Kernodle" in 11:06

-Don Kernodle beat Billy Travis in 9:33

-Mike Davis beat John Bonello in 15:06

-Dory Funk Jr & Buzz Tyler beat The Atoms (1 & 2) in 8:40

-Johnny Mantell beat Reverend Jimmy Valiant in 8:37

-Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Jose Luis Rivera in 13:25

-Mike Graham & his surprise partner, Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat King Tonga & Gino Hernandez in 14:10 when Savage pinned Tonga with the Top Rope Elbow

July 28th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Billy Travis beat John Bonello in 12:08

AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Championship, winners also advance in the Four Corners Match for the AWA World Tag Team Championship later in the night: Bill White & Johnny Weaver beat Mike Graham & Rufus Jones in 20:03 to retain

-The Missing Link beat Bulldog Bob Brown in 10:42

AWA World Tag Team Championship Four Corners Match: The Road Warriors beat Boomer Lynch & Konga the Barbarian (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink), Greg Valentine & Reverend Jimmy Valiant and AWA Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champions Bill White & Johnny Weaver in 31:01 to retain after Animal pinned Boomer Lynch following the Doomsday Device

-Kevin Sullivan (w/Fallen Angel) beat Steve Diblasio in 9:28

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Kerry Brown beat Abdullah the Butcher (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink) after The Great Kabuki accidentally spits the Green Mist in Abby's face in 11:40 to win the title! - TITLE CHANGE!

AWA International Championship: Bob Backlund beat Jack Brisco in 11:20 to retain

-"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes & The Junkyard Dog beat Don Kent & Rocky "The Best Kernodle" in 28:52 after Kent gets pinned by the Junkyard Dog with the Thump

July 29th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Rocky "The Best Kernodle" beat The Great Kabuki (w/Sir Oliver Humperdink)

-The House of Humperdink (Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher, w/Fallen Angel) beat Billy Travis & Buzz Tyler

-"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes beat The Missing Link with the Bionic Elbow

-Boomer Lynch beat Don Kent after interference from Rocky Kernodle. Kernodle was still angry at Kent for getting pinned by JYD last night

-Cobra & Steve Diblasio beat The Atoms (1 & 2)

-Johnny Mantell beat Jose Luis Rivera

-Tommy Lane (w/Mike Davis) beat Khruscher Khruschev (w/Boris Zhukov) by countout after Khruschev walked out, following a tag team brawl outside between The Rock N' Roll RPMs and the Soviet Soldiers during the match!

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship Gauntlet Match: Eddie Gilbert beat Kerry Brown, Mike Davis, Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White, Reverend Jimmy Valiant & The Purple Haze to win the title - TITLE CHANGE!!

Gino may be a master manipulator, but Savage is nuts and that's hard to manipulate. This won't end well for Hernandez.

Though I suppose if you are gonna go messing with a lunatic, King Tonga is about the best possible back up you could ask for!

It's good to see Porkchop on a roll down here in ACCW!

and it begins! Savage shows up as Graham's surprise partner to take on Gino and Tonga and gets the win. Savage is never gonna stop!

White and Weaver keep holding on to those Tag Titles! Those two old guns aren't going down without a fight.

Road Warriors take down 3 teams! Man, those guys are unstoppable.

Kabuki costs Abby the belt! That'll cause some trouble in the House!

Backlund puts Brisco away in 12 minutes! Damn, I expected that one to go a while.

The Dream and The Dog! What a team!

The TV Title changes again! Hot Stuff takes home a huge gauntlet match! Love me some Gilbert, so that's a sweet result!

Good Stuff!

Events for August 3, 4 & 5th, 1984

Atlantic Coast Championship Wrestling TV

Several clipped matches from recent house shows were shown, including the AWA International Championship match between Bob Backlund and Jack Brisco as well as the 2 Atlantic Coast TV Championship Matches from last week, respectively won by Kerry Brown and Eddie Gilbert.

-After the footage, the House of Humperdink is at the broadcast booth with Bob Caudle and David Crockett. Oliver Humperdink and Kevin Sullivan both insist that the beef between Abby and Kabuki needs to end. Humperdink takes the decision to keep Kabuki and Abby separate for awhile while they recover and adapt their strategy. That brings out the trio of Boomer Lynch, Rocky "The Best Kernodle" and Rufus R. Jones. Boomer Lynch says that maybe after all, without even being a member of the group, he was holding them together and start taunting Konga. Rocky Kernodle says that the House is now more vulnerable and they want a piece of them. It doesn't take too long for a wild brawl to erupt all over the set. Eddie Graham doesn't waste too much time and orders a 6-Men Elimination Tag Match to close the show!

6-Men Tag Team Elimination Match: The House of Humperdink (Florida Heavyweight Champion Konga the Barbarian, Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) beat Boomer Lynch, Rocky "The Best Kernodle" & Rufus Jones

Before the show ends, Eddie Graham returns to the broadcast booth with Bob & David to announce that Manny Fernandez has accepted the open contract for the Atlantic Coast TV Championship at Battle of the Belts next Saturday and will face whoever is the TV champion at that time

CONFIRMED FOR BATTLE OF THE BELTS, AUGUST 10TH, 

LOGAN STADIUM, LOGAN, WV

MAIN EVENT

AWA ATLANTIC COAST TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

Bill White & Johnny Weaver (c) vs AWA National Tag Team Champions The Fantastics

AWA ATLANTIC COAST CHAMPIONSHIP

Winner of Bulldog Bob Brown/Eddie Gilbert this Sunday night (c) vs Manny Fernandez

August 3rd, 1984

-Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Bill White beat Mike Graham in 11:13

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver in 2:53

6-Men Tag Team Match: The House of Humperdink (Konga the Barbarian, Kevin Sullivan & Abdullah the Butcher) beat Sam Houston, Blackjack Lanza & Sivi Afi in 10:24

Steel Cage Match: Dory Funk Jr beat Rocky "The Best Kernodle" in 54:31

August 4th, 1984

Miami, FL

-Roddy Piper beat Sam Houston in 9:10

-Johnny Mantell fight Dusty Rhodes to a double countout at 11:41 after a mysterious hooded monk prevented Dusty from returning to the ring in time to beat referee Bill Alfonso's count.

-Boomer Lynch beat Brutus Beefcake in 4:49

-Jos Leduc beat Jose Luis Rivera in 13:41

-The Rock N' Roll RPMs beat Buzz Tyler & Billy Travis in 12:14

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Atlantic Coast Tag Team Champion Johnny Weaver in 10:58

AWA World Tag Team Championship: The Road Warriors beat Gino Hernandez & King Tonga in 7:14 after a Doomsday Device on Gino. Savage ran in to attack King Tonga, providing the distraction needed for the Warriors

AWA Atlantic Coast TV Championship: Bulldog Bob Brown beat Eddie Gilbert in 37:17 to win the title. Brown will now face Manny Fernandez for the TV title at Battle of the Belts next weekend.

August 5th, 1984

Orlando, FL

-Randy Savage (w/Miss Elizabeth) beat Rufus R. Jones with the Diving Elbow

-Jerry Brisco beat Jose Luis Rivera with the Oklahoma Roll

AWA World Tag Team Championship No DQ Match: The Road Warriors beat Mike Graham (subbing for the Great Kabuki - Humperdink decided to pull out Kabuki from the match but Eddie Graham appointed his son Mike in the match) & Florida Heavyweight Champion Konga the Barbarian after a Doomsday Device on Graham to retain

-Kevin Sullivan beat Vinnie Valentino with the Double Stomp

AWA Atlantic Coast Heavyweight Championship Lumberjack Match: Reverend Cash beat Gino Hernandez to retain after Randy Savage used the melee outside between the lumberjacks to slide in the ring while Gino was about to hit Cash with the title belt to retrieve it and smash Gino with the title himself!